PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Appalachian State Schedule - Piece-By-Piece

Pages : 1 [2] 3

asu7
April 5th, 2007, 10:25 AM
well what the heck ... we usually beat purple teams ... so why not!

Sir William
April 5th, 2007, 11:22 AM
well what the heck ... we usually beat purple teams ... so why not!

Locker room bulletin board material! See you guys at Paladin Stadium in October, and as always, looking forward to the best rivalry game in FCS. xnodx

Y'all bring the BBQ; we'll have the potato salad and sweet tea ready. And we'll enjoy the leftovers together following the sweet revenge that takes place on the field beforehand. Furman 31, App 27. :D

Appattk
April 5th, 2007, 11:33 AM
Y'all bring the BBQ; we'll have the potato salad and sweet tea ready.

I thought you guys brought the wine and cheese? xsmiley_wix

Mountaineer#96
April 5th, 2007, 02:24 PM

Mr. C
April 5th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Has the school said when they might announce the schedule?
I thought I heard it was coming out a little while ago but then it didnt.
Anyone know anything?
As of a week ago, when I last talked to folks at Owens Field House, they were still pulling their hair (at least those who still have hair) out over the schedule. My hunch is they have a couple of things as contingency plans (moving games, working with teams like Savannah State or Glenville State) as they work for something better from a competition standpoint. I still wouldn't be entirely surprised if they land another FBS game (don't count out that MAC talk and don't count out UNI for another FCS game).

Give'emHellApps
April 5th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Do we know that homecoming is on Oct. 6, or is that also not confirmed?

Mr. C
April 5th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Do we know that homecoming is on Oct. 6, or is that also not confirmed?
That is the preferred date, but could change, depending on what happens with the schedule.

OL FU
April 5th, 2007, 03:10 PM

Not for you guysxnonox xlolx

lizrdgizrd
April 5th, 2007, 03:13 PM
But we'll bring the 'shine! xthumbsupx

OL FU
April 5th, 2007, 03:19 PM
But we'll bring the 'shine! xthumbsupx
xeyebrowx xeyebrowx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

appfan2008
April 5th, 2007, 03:28 PM
As of a week ago, when I last talked to folks at Owens Field House, they were still pulling their hair (at least those who still have hair) out over the schedule. My hunch is they have a couple of things as contingency plans (moving games, working with teams like Savannah State or Glenville State) as they work for something better from a competition standpoint. I still wouldn't be entirely surprised if they land another FBS game (don't count out that MAC talk and don't count out UNI for another FCS game).
Mr. C if we have michigan, uni and a MAC team... that schedule would be ridiculous... do you really think that is a smart thing to do? we could lose all three of those and be in jeopordy of missing the playoffs before we even start the socon schedule with gsu, furman, wofford and the rest!

lizrdgizrd
April 5th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Mr. C if we have michigan, uni and a MAC team... that schedule would be ridiculous... do you really think that is a smart thing to do? we could lose all three of those and be in jeopordy of missing the playoffs before we even start the socon schedule with gsu, furman, wofford and the rest!
We could loose all three but we could also win all three. Won't know if we don't play.

appfan2008
April 5th, 2007, 03:33 PM
We could loose all three but we could also win all three. Won't know if we don't play.
I agree, i would like to see a combo of two of them but that sure is murderers row winning them or not wouldnt you say?

lizrdgizrd
April 5th, 2007, 03:39 PM
I agree, i would like to see a combo of two of them but that sure is murderers row winning them or not wouldnt you say?
I think the MAC game would be winnable (depending on who) and UNI is winnable. Michigan is technically winnable, but that's definitely for the $$$. xnodx

We win 2 of those and we're in really good shape for the SoCon. xnodx

Mr. C
April 5th, 2007, 03:39 PM
A similarly tough schedule in 2005 didn't prevent ASU from winning a national championship. I think it would be either another FBS game or a UNI game, not both, along with a D-II or lower-level FCS game. Probably the ONLY game App State won't be favored in next season will be the Michigan game. The idea that Coach Moore and the staff emphasize is to win the Southern Conference and then you worry about the postseason.

Mr. C
April 5th, 2007, 03:41 PM
How about at least smuggling some up to the press box?
:D xrotatehx xlolx xnodx xcoolx

OL FU
April 5th, 2007, 03:43 PM
How about at least smuggling some up to the press box?
:D xrotatehx xlolx xnodx xcoolx

Since undeclared App homer, surexsmiley_wix xlolx

SoCon48
April 5th, 2007, 10:17 PM

Sutton has said that the MAC game is out. Whomever the team was rejected an offer to even go below $200K.

Mr. C
April 5th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Just remember that Kansas rejected App State a couple of years ago and then came back and ended up making the deal when the Jayhawks got desperate. Anything is possible when teams have openings.

appfan2008
April 5th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Just remember that Kansas rejected App State a couple of years ago and then came back and ended up making the deal when the Jayhawks got desperate. Anything is possible when teams have openings.
I think playing a winnable fbs game would be awesome... a lot of the ones we have played recently havent really been winnable... even though we gave up a great opportunity against state... i think we are due for a big one!

SoCon48
April 6th, 2007, 08:26 AM

I don't want to see us get in the play-offs witha low seed and play all the games on the road. For that reason, I don't mind a couple chumps on the schedule.

SoCon48
April 6th, 2007, 08:30 AM

When it comes to money, we can stay home and make more playing a patsy than going on the road with a larger payday. But now, scheduling G-W home and home was not a good move on our part. In effect, we more or less split the gate since we technically gave up a home gate for it.
Looking back, playing that extra game in '01 vs the little West Virginia school wasn't that bad of an idea.

appfan2008
April 6th, 2007, 08:39 AM
When it comes to money, we can stay home and make more playing a patsy than going on the road with a larger payday. But now, scheduling G-W home and home was not a good move on our part. In effect, we more or less split the gate since we technically gave up a home gate for it.
Looking back, playing that extra game in '01 vs the little West Virginia school wasn't that bad of an idea.
I dont think home and home with G-W was all that bad...

I for one went down to boiling springs last year and am happy to report that not only did we kick some ass... there were as many app fans as gw fans... i dont know all the money stuff and i dont much care but i think the important part is we got a victory and i know a lot of charlotte alums that dont make it up to boone made it over to gw for the game

UNHWildCats
April 6th, 2007, 08:41 AM
I don't want to see us get in the play-offs witha low seed and play all the games on the road. For that reason, I don't mind a couple chumps on the schedule.

you dont want too many chumps cause it could also cause you getting a low seed.

lizrdgizrd
April 6th, 2007, 09:17 AM
I think if we schedule 2 FBS games and UNI and we win 2 of those we'll have a plenty high seed for the playoffs.

SoCon48
April 6th, 2007, 12:04 PM
I dont think home and home with G-W was all that bad...

I for one went down to boiling springs last year and am happy to report that not only did we kick some ass... there were as many app fans as gw fans... i dont know all the money stuff and i dont much care but i think the important part is we got a victory and i know a lot of charlotte alums that dont make it up to boone made it over to gw for the game

I was there, too, sitting on that warped, rough, split, rotten board in the bleachers. The App draw was disappointing.
The point about $ is that we can't run a program, especially during down times by playing schools who won't attract flies when the Boone part of the home and home series comes around. We gave up a home game's gate last year for this deal. If we could pull off the deal so we just had to fork over $50 to $75K for the opponent, we could still have pocketed up to $400 K for our gate.
The way our program is going right now, we fill it up plus no matter who we play, even Mars Hill. In down years, we'd draw maybe 8K-10K for a MH or GW.
Whether we like it or not, it takes money to run a quality program. Luckily the LSU game in 2005 fell in our laps. The money from it went a long way in helping to pay expenses.

SoCon48
April 6th, 2007, 12:08 PM
I think if we schedule 2 FBS games and UNI and we win 2 of those we'll have a plenty high seed for the playoffs.

We had a super season last year. If we lose anything much more than the Michigan game, we may be watching the games in Montana, Iowa, etc this year. At times last year, we were separated by only a few points in the rankings from teams with good records but not better teams.
The home field advantage is a huge coup for the higher seeds. We need it.

SoCon48
April 6th, 2007, 12:10 PM
you dont want too many chumps cause it could also cause you getting a low seed.

You're exactly right. Too many chumps hurts as bad as close games with good teams. For years, we played a rough schedule and paid for it when time to pass out home games came around.

lizrdgizrd
April 6th, 2007, 12:13 PM
We had a super season last year. If we lose anything much more than the Michigan game, we may be watching the games in Montana, Iowa, etc this year. At times last year, we were separated by only a few points in the rankings from teams with good records but not better teams.
The home field advantage is a huge coup for the higher seeds. We need it.
I don't know if we'll need it. It's certainly nice to have it, and a 1 or 2 seed is sufficient for home field until Chatty, but I don't think it's a requirement.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
April 6th, 2007, 01:13 PM
You're exactly right. Too many chumps hurts as bad as close games with good teams. For years, we played a rough schedule and paid for it when time to pass out home games came around.

According to the committee last year, geography has more to do with it xrolleyesx

Playing 6 of 11 on the road, including #1 App St. and beating at the time #1 UNH on the road as well as other ranked teams, did JMU no favors.

Bottom line, get a top 4 seed, otherwise you simply don't know what the hell will happen. You could end up in Boozeman, MT! xrotatehx

lizrdgizrd
April 6th, 2007, 01:24 PM
According to the committee last year, geography has more to do with it xrolleyesx

Playing 6 of 11 on the road, including #1 App St. and beating at the time #1 UNH on the road as well as other ranked teams, did JMU no favors.

Bottom line, get a top 4 seed, otherwise you simply don't know what the hell will happen. You could end up in Boozeman, MT! xrotatehx
Yeah, I don't think anyone's really sure what was up with that JMU-YSU matchup. xconfusedx

Mr. C
April 6th, 2007, 01:42 PM
I was there, too, sitting on that warped, rough, split, rotten board in the bleachers. The App draw was disappointing.
The point about $ is that we can't run a program, especially during down times by playing schools who won't attract flies when the Boone part of the home and home series comes around. We gave up a home game's gate last year for this deal. If we could pull off the deal so we just had to fork over $50 to $75K for the opponent, we could still have pocketed up to $400 K for our gate.
The way our program is going right now, we fill it up plus no matter who we play, even Mars Hill. In down years, we'd draw maybe 8K-10K for a MH or GW.
Whether we like it or not, it takes money to run a quality program. Luckily the LSU game in 2005 fell in our laps. The money from it went a long way in helping to pay expenses.
While I understand your point on Gardner-Webb, here is a little different perspective on it. ASU was already scrambling to fill its schedule last year because of its success on the field. Gardner-Webb took the bait by agreeing to a home game, even though the Bulldogs pretty much knew it would be a loss. They were willing to do it because of the gate that game generated. Well, now GWU is locked into a return game this season, something the Bulldogs probably wouldn't have gone for, if the contract wasn't already in place. That turned out to be important because that is one less game you have to fill on this season's schedule. Without that home and home contract, ASU could be looking at THREE holes in the schedule right now for 2007.

SoCon48
April 6th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I don't know if we'll need it. It's certainly nice to have it, and a 1 or 2 seed is sufficient for home field until Chatty, but I don't think it's a requirement.

#1 seeds are hard to come by. That's my point. I believe last year was the first in our history.
I keep thinking about the year we played Montana in the semis. Had we had a high seed, we may just have won the whole thing that year. We played all 3 games on the road.

SoCon48
April 6th, 2007, 02:16 PM
While I understand your point on Gardner-Webb, here is a little different perspective on it. ASU was already scrambling to fill its schedule last year because of its success on the field. Gardner-Webb took the bait by agreeing to a home game, even though the Bulldogs pretty much knew it would be a loss. They were willing to do it because of the gate that game generated. Well, now GWU is locked into a return game this season, something the Bulldogs probably wouldn't have gone for, if the contract wasn't already in place. That turned out to be important because that is one less game you have to fill on this season's schedule. Without that home and home contract, ASU could be looking at THREE holes in the schedule right now for 2007.

Yeah, and I really don't mind playing G-W that badly in that it should be a better draw since it's regional than some dink from 2 states away. At least we can count on G-W bringing a few fans. Plus, it didn't cost a whole lot to travel down to Boiling Springs.

Mountain Panther
April 8th, 2007, 11:07 AM
The latest from the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier on potential ASU-UNI match up....

As of Friday, Hartzell (AD) was looking into three possibilities - a two-game series with Appalachian State, a one-time trip to Mississippi State and potential options against Drake.

Appalachian State, the two-time defending I-AA national champion, is looking for a Sept. 22 game, but isn't eager to play it in the UNI-Dome. UNI isn't interested in going to Boone, N.C., this season, either.

"They're in the same boat we are," said Hartzell. "They've got contracts out that people won't sign and people who won't call back. I have a great deal of empathy for their situation."

Even if the Mountaineers, who defeated UNI for the 2005 national championship, agreed to play in the Dome next fall, it's an option that would have to be carefully considered.

"I would love to see Appalachian State in the UNI-Dome. That would really be a big opportunity," said Hartzell. "But, we are already at Iowa State, at South Dakota State, at Illinois State and then we come back for homecoming against Southern Illinois."

At least OUR press gets the classification right!

The Panthers would also prefer an opponent in their own classification, the NCAA Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division I-AA). Playing a second game against a foe from a BCS conference or from a lower classification could jeopardize UNI's chances for postseason play.

http://www.panthermania.net/articles/2007/04/08/news/football/doc46187310dbf6e514819461.txt

asu3peat
April 8th, 2007, 12:53 PM
I would love to play UNI, a quality FCS OOC road game, this year and have them return the favor next year. I was impressed with their team back in the '05 title game and it would help us to fill in some holes. I think these would be some great trips this season, to the Big House and the Dome!

AppStateold299
April 8th, 2007, 03:42 PM
I dont care how many root against me but there is nothing wrong with giving all i got to my school and giving a little to my families school and what they are about

just because i have come to asu does not mean that i should have to give up what my family has preached to me since birth!

I started being an ASU fan in 1999, when I started going there. I started being a DUKE fan when I was born. Do I love the school I attended and will always support them, but I will also always support DUKE. You are correct in supporting both. You can't blame someone for sticking to their guns about who they support. I would never lay my love for DUKE down no more than I would lay down my love for ASU. It is respectable that someone stays true to their beliefs.

Saint3333
April 8th, 2007, 04:29 PM
As long as you would choose alma mater over school "X" I don't see a problem with it.

Your alma mater has given fans like you (and myself) so much more than school "X" and I hope if/when they ever meet in athletics that you're cheering for the school from which you received a degree.

lizrdgizrd
April 12th, 2007, 04:22 PM
So no UNI matchup, at least during the regular season. :(

Here's the tentative schedule at this point:
Bold are confirmed.

2007 APPALACHIAN STATE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 Davidson or Valparaiso
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 6 Homecoming Howard
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga[/QUOTE]

appfan2008
April 12th, 2007, 04:26 PM
I started being an ASU fan in 1999, when I started going there. I started being a DUKE fan when I was born. Do I love the school I attended and will always support them, but I will also always support DUKE. You are correct in supporting both. You can't blame someone for sticking to their guns about who they support. I would never lay my love for DUKE down no more than I would lay down my love for ASU. It is respectable that someone stays true to their beliefs.
xthumbsupx xbowx xthumbsupx xbowx xthumbsupx xbowx xthumbsupx xbowx xthumbsupx xbowx xthumbsupx xbowx xthumbsupx xbowx xthumbsupx xbowx xthumbsupx xbowx xthumbsupx xbowx xthumbsupx xbowx xthumbsupx xbowx xthumbsupx xbowx xthumbsupx xbowx

appfan2008
April 12th, 2007, 04:27 PM
As long as you would choose alma mater over school "X" I don't see a problem with it.

Your alma mater has given fans like you (and myself) so much more than school "X" and I hope if/when they ever meet in athletics that you're cheering for the school from which you received a degree.
I agree with you except for the fact that my father's Duke degree is still paying my bills today as a student... but when I am paying my own bills with my ASU degree that will apply to me!

appfan2008
April 12th, 2007, 04:28 PM
So no UNI matchup, at least during the regular season. :(

Bold are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 Davidson or Valparaiso
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 6 Homecoming Howard
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga[/QUOTE]
do you know if we are talking to either howard, davidson or valpo yet? or is this just because we have the same holes in our schedule

lizrdgizrd
April 12th, 2007, 04:34 PM
do you know if we are talking to either howard, davidson or valpo yet? or is this just because we have the same holes in our schedule
It's mostly wishful thinking. I'd assume we're talking to just about everyone that'll listen. :o

appfan2008
April 12th, 2007, 04:35 PM
I agree or at least I really hope they are talking... and I would assume everyone is listening at this point because they all need a team also

UNHWildCats
April 12th, 2007, 05:05 PM
I agree or at least I really hope they are talking... and I would assume everyone is listening at this point because they all need a team also

Lizard boy will post anything if it means another post ;)

lizrdgizrd
April 13th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Sssssh!! Don't let out my secret! xoopsx xwhistlex xwhistlex

appfan2008
April 13th, 2007, 09:16 AM
haha i have noticed such a thing as well xlolx

lizrdgizrd
April 13th, 2007, 10:19 AM
haha i have noticed such a thing as well xlolx
You're one to talk! :p xsmiley_wix

Appstate29
April 13th, 2007, 12:01 PM

I guess i'm on the other side of the fence. College is all about cutting the ties that you had as a child, and binding your own ties. Now that you are an adult what has Duke done for you besides look down at you for going to a "lesser" college? I was the same way growing up, my dad would disown me or any of my four brothers if we didn't bark like a bulldog with him after Georgia scored. Now I think that in 2011 or whenever we play Georgia they can go straight to hell, along with any other team we play.

appfan2008
April 13th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I guess i'm on the other side of the fence. College is all about cutting the ties that you had as a child, and binding your own ties. Now that you are an adult what has Duke done for you besides look down at you for going to a "lesser" college? I was the same way growing up, my dad would disown me or any of my four brothers if we didn't bark like a bulldog with him after Georgia scored. Now I think that in 2011 or whenever we play Georgia they can go straight to hell, along with any other team we play.
I am sorry you feel that way but for me it is different... yes as a child i followed duke basically because I had to but today i follow them because i want to... and i see nothing wrong with that... i love asu more than duke but why can i not still root for them? you may hate uga now but i feel i can still enjoy duke xcoffeex

appfan2008
April 13th, 2007, 03:16 PM
You're one to talk! :p xsmiley_wix
hehehe yeah i guess you could we are willing to post on anything at anytime! :o :D xlolx xnodx

GaSouthern
April 13th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I know it does not fit, but I have inside info that says a game with SSU is in the works. Possibly just BS but the source should know.

carry on.

bobbythekidd
April 13th, 2007, 09:34 PM
I know it does not fit, but I have inside info that says a game with SSU is in the works. Possibly just BS but the source should know.

carry on.
You would know better than I. Are they going to be able field a team this season?

Serious Question.

Seawolf97
April 13th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Im new to this but that sounds like human sacrifice -

GaSouthern
April 13th, 2007, 09:39 PM
payout is supposed to be huge (for fcs standards). People over at SSU are starting to want to play GSU again but there is nothing in the works for that.

--------------------

Will SSU field a team? They are returning a class with more holes in it than bonnie and clyde's(spelling?) car. I think they will win a game or two(see also NAIA) but dont expect much.

bobbythekidd
April 13th, 2007, 09:47 PM
Will SSU field a team? They are returning a class with more holes in it than bonnie and clyde's(spelling?) car. I think they will win a game or two(see also NAIA) but dont expect much.
I think, maybe a game, two is optimistic.

appfan2008
April 13th, 2007, 09:50 PM
a game with ssu has been rumored around here for awhile and nothing has come of it...
do you have any evidence? or is this another rumor...

and by the way we would absolutely demolish them!

g-webb1994
April 14th, 2007, 09:33 AM
We've got Savannah State in beautiful Boiling Springs on November 3. Combine that with non-schollies Jacksonville and Austin Peay coming in, that should be three wins.

Right now we are at ten games, so I think one more D-2, D-3, or NAIA cupcake will be added to bring it up to eleven. I've always wondered why we do not schedule any D-2 opponents from our former South Atlantic Conference brethren. Either we are scared of being humiliated and/or really pissed them off when we bolted for D-1/1-AA at the time.

appfan2008
April 14th, 2007, 09:36 AM
my guess would be that you pissed them off but that is me just guessing cuz i know nothing of the situation...

and you can go ahead and count a loss up here in BOONE!

proasu89
April 14th, 2007, 03:04 PM
my guess would be that you pissed them off but that is me just guessing cuz i know nothing of the situation...

and you can go ahead and count a loss up here in BOONE!
Smack board is 2 boards downxnonox xlolx

appfan2008
April 14th, 2007, 05:04 PM
sorry about that...

ronpayne
April 17th, 2007, 09:38 PM
I emailed Steve White in the ticket office (trying to get dates for when Season tickets, etc. might be released, if they had any potential dates) and they still have no idea when the schedule will be finished - they didn't sound very optimistic.

Anybody else heard anything? This is driving me insane!!! (More insane than my drumline tryouts this week!!!!! I've got 24 kids trying out for 12 spots - thats a lot of banging this week....)

tarmac
April 17th, 2007, 10:27 PM
it'll shine when it shines

appfan2008
April 17th, 2007, 10:40 PM
I am banking on watauga high school coming over for homecoming at this point!

Mr. C
April 17th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Im new to this but that sounds like human sacrifice -
I wonder what the record is for the highest-ranked GPI team playing the lowest ranked GPI team (maybe one of those Georgia Southern-Savannah State games)? This one could be it.

appfan2008
April 17th, 2007, 11:15 PM
I wonder what the record is for the highest-ranked GPI team playing the lowest ranked GPI team (maybe one of those Georgia Southern-Savannah State games)? This one could be it.
at this point whoever it is we play... we will probably challanged that record :(

UNHWildCats
April 18th, 2007, 12:48 AM
THIS FALL DONT MISS GREAT ACTION AT APPALACHIAN STATE

Homecoming

Your ASU Mountaineers
vs
Stanley Blue Devils
Pee Wee Football

UNHWildCats
April 18th, 2007, 12:49 AM
give me props too for actually searching for a real pee wee team near them :p

Better watch it too they was the 2002 National Pee Wee Champs :p

catamount man
April 18th, 2007, 05:59 AM
I've read where North Greenville University may be coming to Boone.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

MTNEER
April 18th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Maybe we could make it a double header on the same day we play the Furmanites.

appfan2008
April 18th, 2007, 09:37 AM
NGU yeah! what a quality football opponent

BigApp
April 18th, 2007, 12:49 PM
I've read where North Greenville University may be coming to Boone.

GO CANTAMOUNTS!!!

where'd you read that?

T-Dog
April 18th, 2007, 03:50 PM
So here's what we got right now.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8
Sept. 15
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 6 Gardner-Webb Homecoming
Oct. 13
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

citdog
April 18th, 2007, 03:57 PM
3 November is the showdown for the Southern Conference Championship. You heard it here first. The Cadets will be 7-1 when this game takes place, and with honor....... we will prevail!

phillyAPP
April 18th, 2007, 04:34 PM
The Cit better watch out.. As of today, APP looks like it will be well rested because we would have only played 6 games. A couple of tough ones before you but overall rested.

I hate waiting for the final schedule !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catamount man
April 18th, 2007, 05:09 PM
where'd you read that?

Two can play that little kid's game.;)

Seriously, read it over at the D2football.com message board from a NGU fan's post.

BigApp
April 18th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Two can play that little kid's game.;)

xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx xeekx
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

Seriously, read it over at the D2football.com message board from a NGU fan's post.

gotcha

BigApp
April 18th, 2007, 05:47 PM
btw, nice sig about HK...has he walked to Texas again?

roysboi12
April 18th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I spoke with a Davidson football player and found out that Appalachian has offered Davidson 70,000 to play early in the season, presumably after the Michigan game. However, like the rest of the non-conference schedule it is still undecided.

UNHWildCats
April 18th, 2007, 06:07 PM
possible that ASU opened the 15th for a Davidson game?

GaSouthern
April 18th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Davidson would be a good team (for us) to play, basketball revenge game for sure!!!

roysboi12
April 18th, 2007, 06:10 PM
App needs someone, anyone to play to get a schedule finalized

AppMan
April 18th, 2007, 06:12 PM
I am hearing some options fell through last week and we may actually be worse off than a month ago. It is getting to the point where the D-II schools we are talking with are asking for a return game.

roysboi12
April 18th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Man no one will play us. LSU paid us 200 grand not to play. MAC schools are afraid to lose to us. I-AA schools are afraid to get embarrassed. I guess with back-to-back national titles, there could be worse things to happen.

Col Hogan
April 18th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Man no one will play us. LSU paid us 200 grand not to play. MAC schools are afraid to lose to us. I-AA schools are afraid to get embarrassed. I guess with back-to-back national titles, there could be worse things to happen.

Hi, you must be the new guy here.....

Poor scheduling on your part does not equate FCS teams being scared to play you. Lots of teams have their schedules done...long time ago.

Now, go to your room....read the threads...and dig up the facts.....

I want a ten page paper, single spaced, on how waiting until the last minutes causes poor scheduling...xcoffeex

roysboi12
April 18th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Hi, you must be the new guy here.....

Poor scheduling on your part does not equate FCS teams being scared to play you. Lots of teams have their schedules done...long time ago.

Now, go to your room....read the threads...and dig up the facts.....

I want a ten page paper, single spaced, on how waiting until the last minutes causes poor scheduling...xcoffeex

Haha I'll be sure to get right on that

rokamortis
April 18th, 2007, 07:30 PM
I am hearing some options fell through last week and we may actually be worse off than a month ago. It is getting to the point where the D-II schools we are talking with are asking for a return game.

Please come to Conway and let us buy out Chowan.

phillyAPP
April 18th, 2007, 07:57 PM
I am with you Rokamortis .

And I usually stay away from anything that ends with "mortis" ie RIGA>>>>

atleast you guys are a real team

BigApp
April 18th, 2007, 07:59 PM
can we play Western 3 more times??

mountain man
April 19th, 2007, 05:22 AM
can we play Western 3 more times??

Savannah and Glenville will give us better games. xlolx

AppMan
April 19th, 2007, 05:32 AM
Please come to Conway and let us buy out Chowan.

We need home games, but it has got to the point I'm thinking we would consider it. Have Moose give Charlie a call.

catamount man
April 19th, 2007, 06:56 AM
btw, nice sig about HK...has he walked to Texas again?

HK has retired from public speaking as of last Saturday. He gave a talk at a SCV breakfast in Cleveland, GA. I think he's gonna stay in Black Mountain and do local work in WNC. A great man.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

lizrdgizrd
April 19th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Bump

Bold Italics are confirmed.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 Davidson, Valparaiso, St. Peter's
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb, LaSalle, Valparaiso, Davidson
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 6 Homecoming Howard, St. Peter's
Oct. 13 St. Peter's
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

appfan2008
April 19th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Bump

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 15 Gardner-Webb, LaSalle, Valparaiso, Davidson
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 6 Homecoming Howard, St. Peter's
Oct. 13 St. Peter's
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga
Hey liz- I believe Gardner webb just announced their schedule and it had them coming to boone on october 6... you might want to check with unhwildcats to make sure... but i believe it to be true... if that is right... gw would be a great homecoming game

T-Dog
April 19th, 2007, 10:50 AM
Hey liz- I believe Gardner webb just announced their schedule and it had them coming to boone on october 6... you might want to check with unhwildcats to make sure... but i believe it to be true... if that is right... gw would be a great homecoming game

It is.

http://www.gwusports.com/pdf5/73224.pdf?ATCLID=868092&SPID=4160&DB_OEM_ID=10300&SPSID=46168

lizrdgizrd
April 19th, 2007, 11:05 AM
It is.

http://www.gwusports.com/pdf5/73224.pdf?ATCLID=868092&SPID=4160&DB_OEM_ID=10300&SPSID=46168
Alright! One more confirmed. Two left.

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 15 Davidson, Valparaiso, LaSalle
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 6 Homecoming Gardner-Webb
Oct. 13 St. Peter's
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

hebmskebm
April 19th, 2007, 01:10 PM
st. peter's got a D3 game against Geneva on oct 11.
davidson has D2 games aginst wingate and lenior-rhyne on sep. 8 and sep.15

la salle just released their sked, no app state in sight

so it looks like multiple sub-d1 opponents for the champs...sorry

lizrdgizrd
April 19th, 2007, 01:29 PM
st. peter's got a D3 game against Geneva on oct 11.
davidson has D2 games aginst wingate and lenior-rhyne on sep. 8 and sep.15

la salle just released their sked, no app state in sight

so it looks like multiple sub-d1 opponents for the champs...sorry
What's your source for the Davidson sched? They played Wingate and LR on Sept. 9 & Sept. 16 of 2006.

Where'd you get St. Peter's schedule? Their website doesn't have it up. xconfusedx

La Salle still only has 10 games on their schedule. I guess I'm just reaching on that one. :o

UNHWildCats
April 19th, 2007, 01:35 PM
What's your source for the Davidson sched? They played Wingate and LR on Sept. 9 & Sept. 16 of 2006.

Where'd you get St. Peter's schedule? Their website doesn't have it up. xconfusedx

La Salle still only has 10 games on their schedule. I guess I'm just reaching on that one. :o

Those games are all confirmed on the respective teams websites, I double checked before adding them to my excel schedule.

By respective teams sites I mean the opponents sites not the FCS teams sites.

lizrdgizrd
April 19th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Those games are all confirmed on the respective teams websites, I double checked before adding them to my excel schedule.

By respective teams sites I mean the opponents sites not the FCS teams sites.
Well, update your excel spreadsheet more often! :p
I just checked these right before I posted the schedule! xoopsx

EDIT: I still see Davidson as having nothing on 9/8 and 9/15 on the spreadsheet. I also see La Salle as only having 8 games and St. Pete as only having 7 games. xconfusedx

UNHWildCats
April 19th, 2007, 03:11 PM
well sorry i havent uploaded the updates yet :p one sec lemme uplaod them

UNHWildCats
April 19th, 2007, 03:16 PM
uploading now.

UNHWildCats
April 19th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Done!

Some div II, III and NAIA opponents dont have there logos listed yet cause i havent gone searching for them yet :p

lizrdgizrd
April 19th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Done!

Some div II, III and NAIA opponents dont have there logos listed yet cause i havent gone searching for them yet :p
What a slacker! :p xlolx

lizrdgizrd
April 19th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Ok, so even fewer chances now. I'm holding out hope that maybe we could convice La Salle or St. Pete's to go to 11 games. Anyone heard anything about the Valpo schedule?

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 8 Valparaiso, St. Peter's
Sept. 15 Valparaiso, LaSalle
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

appfan2008
April 19th, 2007, 03:38 PM
all i know liz and wildcat is i really hope we dont have to play two d2 schools... cant we hold out hope for a team from the MAC and one d2?

UNHWildCats
April 19th, 2007, 03:40 PM
I think its in ASUs best interest to get a lot calliber FBS team if they go with 2 sub I teams thats very bad.

lizrdgizrd
April 19th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I think its in ASUs best interest to get a lot calliber FBS team if they go with 2 sub I teams thats very bad.
Do you know of any FBS teams with holes in their schedules?

UNHWildCats
April 19th, 2007, 03:45 PM
i havent been researching FBS schedules so no but I could look around some tonight

g-webb1994
April 19th, 2007, 03:46 PM
You've got to get LaSalle on there for sure, then hopefully find a D-2, and not a D-3 or NAIA school. You might be able to get a North Greenville or other D-2 independent possibly?

appfan2008
April 19th, 2007, 03:46 PM
that is something we could probably look up but i sure dont have the time to go through all of the fbs... i am sure someone out there would like a 12th game because those seem hard to come by... and asu is not against 2 fbs teams in a year after lsu and kansas 2 years ago

appfan2008
April 19th, 2007, 03:47 PM
You've got to get LaSalle on there for sure, then hopefully find a D-2, and not a D-3 or NAIA school. You might be able to get a North Greenville or other D-2 independent possibly?
i sure as hell hope the 2 time fcs champs dont have to play a d3 or naia... i dont see that happening... does anyone?

BearsCountry
April 19th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Do you know of any FBS teams with holes in their schedules?

www.nationalchamps.net

appfan2008
April 19th, 2007, 03:55 PM
all of the MAC teams have 12 games i am checking other conferences now

UNHWildCats
April 19th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Div II openings that fit ASU

Tarleton St Sep 15

Henderson St Sep 8

North Greenville Oct 13 (looking for Home and Home)

Seton Hall (PA) NAIA Tranbsitioning Sep 15

Glenville St Sep 8

Washburn Sep 15 (looking for home and home with D II)

Emporia St Sep 8 (looking for home and home with D II)

Catawba Sep 15 (looking for D II)

appfan2008
April 19th, 2007, 03:58 PM
sun belt are all taken as well

CopperCat
April 19th, 2007, 03:59 PM
This may have been asked before, so if I'm doubling up on someone else's inquiry, I apologize in advance.

Why is it that App is taking so long to fill out their schedule? It seems like they are running out of options (and those options are very good right now, aside from UNI which is now gone). Did the AD want to find another top 25 FCS team at first and couldn't do it or what? No smack here, just an honest question.

UNHWildCats
April 19th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Big East all full

UNHWildCats
April 19th, 2007, 04:00 PM
no one wants to play them

appfan2008
April 19th, 2007, 04:04 PM
i guess when you win like we have recently everyone gets scared

g-webb1994
April 19th, 2007, 04:06 PM
At least Catawba would bring an in-state flavor.

appfan2008
April 19th, 2007, 04:09 PM
and the conference usa is full too... i am starting to think we may end up with a couple of d2's :(

lizrdgizrd
April 19th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Utah State has an opening on 10/13. Nevermind, they're playing Hawai'i on 10/6.

CopperCat
April 19th, 2007, 04:12 PM

Not really. There are probably teams out there with nothing to lose that would play you.

UNHWildCats
April 19th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I think Im gonna email Marty Scarano and suggest he look into dropping Iona if ASU would come to UNH this season and then we can return a trip in 2008 or 2009

lizrdgizrd
April 19th, 2007, 04:16 PM
I think Im gonna email Marty Scarano and suggest he look into dropping Iona if ASU would come to UNH this season and then we can return a trip in 2008 or 2009
I'd love that deal! xthumbsupx

UNHWildCats
April 19th, 2007, 04:18 PM
sent :p

appfan2008
April 19th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Not really. There are probably teams out there with nothing to lose that would play you.
i agree with you... but i think we didnt go after the right teams... the ones you are refering to... so now we are stuck

Col Hogan
April 19th, 2007, 04:24 PM

First, Happy Birthday, 08. Have one for me...xbeerchugx

Now, please stop with the over generalizations... "everyone gets scared." I know someone has said the MAC teams don't want to play you because they are "scared". And I've heard other ASU fans say no one in FCS wants to play you because they are "scared".

OK, some teams may be...but how about giving credit to those teams who do advanced scheduling...who regularly fill up their schedules with FCS and FBS teams. Most CAA teams know two, three years in advance which FBS teams they are playing...add in the conference teams...and a few FCS series...a full schedule.

Everyone is not scared to play ASU...we don't have a chance. And before someone chimes in "Then cancel a game and play us"...you have the scheduling problem, not us.

Having said all of this, I feel for ASU fans sitting, waiting for a schedule. I think you need to ask your AD a few questions.

Enjoy your national championships...xbowx xbowx ...but please don't think everyone is scared to play you...

lizrdgizrd
April 19th, 2007, 04:30 PM
First, Happy Birthday, 08. Have one for me...xbeerchugx

Now, please stop with the over generalizations... "everyone gets scared." I know someone has said the MAC teams don't want to play you because they are "scared". And I've heard other ASU fans say no one in FCS wants to play you because they are "scared".

OK, some teams may be...but how about giving credit to those teams who do advanced scheduling...who regularly fill up their schedules with FCS and FBS teams. Most CAA teams know two, three years in advance which FBS teams they are playing...add in the conference teams...and a few FCS series...a full schedule.

Everyone is not scared to play ASU...we don't have a chance. And before someone chimes in "Then cancel a game and play us"...you have the scheduling problem, not us.

Having said all of this, I feel for ASU fans sitting, waiting for a schedule. I think you need to ask your AD a few questions.

Enjoy your national championships...xbowx xbowx ...but please don't think everyone is scared to play you...
I hope nobody actually thinks all these schools are scared to play us. I'm sure some of the lesser FBS teams would be worried they might lose, but not most FBS teams. I'm sure Wake Forest is scared to play us, tho. xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
April 19th, 2007, 04:37 PM
I hope nobody actually thinks all these schools are scared to play us. I'm sure some of the lesser FBS teams would be worried they might lose, but not most FBS teams. I'm sure Wake Forest is scared to play us, tho. xsmiley_wix
very true about wf... but the funny thing about that is they were in the orange bowl and they still are

phillyAPP
April 19th, 2007, 04:37 PM
sent :p

How far is UNH from Beverly MA - My brother lives there - I think APP is trying to have home games cause they make alot of money.:D

But I am up for it.xthumbsupx

appfan2008
April 19th, 2007, 04:39 PM
i am pretty sure we are only looking for home games... but...

i think we should take anything now!

UNHWildCats
April 19th, 2007, 04:41 PM
yea if ur ath dir had a chance to decide between a Home game with a DIv III or at UNH what would u do knowing ur other opening will likely be a Div II or III? take the tougher game on the road knowiong you can geta return trip when ur stadiums improvements are done :)

Mr. C
April 19th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I hear App State is trying to sign Davidson to a game and offering a tiddy sum. The snag is the Wildcats are playing D-II Wingate on the desired date. I also keep hearing Savannah State's name tossed around.

Mr. C
April 19th, 2007, 05:29 PM
i agree with you... but i think we didnt go after the right teams... the ones you are refering to... so now we are stuck
Yeah, App didn't go after the right teams, if you consider that for the second year in a row, the Mountaineers tried almost EVERY school in FCS.

citdog
April 19th, 2007, 05:56 PM
yea if ur ath dir had a chance to decide between a Home game with a DIv III or at UNH what would u do knowing ur other opening will likely be a Div II or III? take the tougher game on the road knowiong you can geta return trip when ur stadiums improvements are done :)

Travis are you just too busy to type the whole words?xsmiley_wix

UNHWildCats
April 19th, 2007, 05:57 PM
yup

BigApp
April 19th, 2007, 10:57 PM

who are the right teams, then? You could probably count the teams Chollie didn't call on your fingers! And this is the 2nd year in a row!

BigApp
April 19th, 2007, 10:58 PM
yup

slacker. xmadx

xsmiley_wix

UNHWildCats
April 19th, 2007, 10:59 PM
hey hey hey im a busy man :p

http://travisliles.com/sports/fcs finished the main page to my 2007 audio page

appfan2008
April 19th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I hear App State is trying to sign Davidson to a game and offering a tiddy sum. The snag is the Wildcats are playing D-II Wingate on the desired date. I also keep hearing Savannah State's name tossed around.
at this point i think i would love to see davidson and sav st. at least they would be both d1... but of course very low d1

dbackjon
April 19th, 2007, 11:47 PM
at this point i think i would love to see davidson and sav st. at least they would be both d1... but of course very low d1

Why aren't you drinking??? xnonox xnonox xnonox

Mountaineer
April 20th, 2007, 06:56 PM

Put down the crack pipe. You'd love to see Davidson and Sav St on the schedule!? Good grief. Might as well go ahead and schedule Watauga High and East Mecklenburg while we're at it. xrolleyesx

CopperCat
April 20th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Put down the crack pipe. You'd love to see Davidson and Sav St on the schedule!? Good grief. Might as well go ahead and schedule Watauga High and East Mecklenburg while we're at it. xrolleyesx

What I think he is saying is: FINISH THE DAMN SCHEDULE ALREADY!!! Or at least, that's how I interpret it.

Hansel
April 21st, 2007, 08:21 AM
Yeah, App didn't go after the right teams, if you consider that for the second year in a row, the Mountaineers tried almost EVERY school in FCS.
NDSU wanted a home and home with App

Mr. C
April 21st, 2007, 08:27 AM
The problem was that BOTH schools wanted the first game (and needed the first game) at home this season. There were also some cost considerations involved for this year that NDSU couldn't meet if ASU was going to come to Fargo. You are fortunate to have an airport in your neigborhood. ASU has to travel two hours by bus to get to ANY decent-sized airport, so travel logistics are difficult. I wouldn't be surprised to see NDSU and ASU meet somewhere down the road, however.

Mr. C
April 21st, 2007, 08:28 AM
BTW, I heard last night that there might be an announcement on ASU's completed schedule in a few days.

GGASU
April 21st, 2007, 09:30 AM
We should have played at the UNI dome when we had the chance.

Were we ever talking with Miss. State?..you would think that any SEC or Big East team would want to play the Mountaineers with Florida and West Virginia running the same offense. That way they could get practice againist it before their conference game.

SoCon48
April 21st, 2007, 09:50 AM
BTW, I heard last night that there might be an announcement on ASU's completed schedule in a few days.

The last RUMOR I heard was that it was only 10 games.

Thankfully I heard otherwise later from the mountain itself.

appfan2008
April 21st, 2007, 12:24 PM
that sure would be nice!!!

appfan2008
April 21st, 2007, 12:25 PM
What I think he is saying is: FINISH THE DAMN SCHEDULE ALREADY!!! Or at least, that's how I interpret it.
that is exactly right, I am saying i really want the schedule finished... and also it is better than 2 d2's that is all i am saying... i am not saying that i would enjoy those teams on the scedule... but do you have a better option???

Mr. C
April 21st, 2007, 07:51 PM
We should have played at the UNI dome when we had the chance.

Were we ever talking with Miss. State?..you would think that any SEC or Big East team would want to play the Mountaineers with Florida and West Virginia running the same offense. That way they could get practice againist it before their conference game.
There was more to the UNI story than people know about. UNI AD Rick Hartzell kept changing his mind from day to day on whether he wanted to play ASU or not.

I don't know what kind of talk there was with SEC schools after the LSU game fell through.

Mr. C
April 21st, 2007, 08:13 PM
This may have been asked before, so if I'm doubling up on someone else's inquiry, I apologize in advance.

Why is it that App is taking so long to fill out their schedule? It seems like they are running out of options (and those options are very good right now, aside from UNI which is now gone). Did the AD want to find another top 25 FCS team at first and couldn't do it or what? No smack here, just an honest question.
It is complicated. Problem No. 1 was that ASU was scheduled to open the season with LSU, but due to the SEC contract with ESPN, LSU was forced to cancel the game (and give ASU a $200,000 buyout). They have rescheduled another game for a future season. Another problem was that when East Tennessee State dropped its program, it left a hole in the SoCon schedules that has been difficult to fill. What used to be a four games at home and four games on the road conference slate is now unbalanced with seven games. ASU has three home games for conference in 2007 and needed to play three of four non-conference games at home for financial reasons, or had to get a significant guarantee for a road game somewhere (hence the reason that the North Dakota State game didn't work). The AD did nothing wrong, there just are not very many teams willing to play a two-time national champion. Like most teams, ASU was trying to protect its budget, just as any marquee FCS team (Delaware, Montana etc.) would.

appfan2008
April 21st, 2007, 10:42 PM
definate bummer about the lsu fallout... when are we scheduled to play them again?
couldnt we turn that 200,000 into a payment for a team to come to app??? that seems pretty enticing to me!

SoCon48
April 22nd, 2007, 05:06 AM
Put it in the bank until the new facility/press box, etc is finished. Offer Wake 400K to come. We would still make money and give the Deeeeeks a taste of the Rock after what 22 years of ASU playing in Groves.
Of course they woud never agree. But anyway.

appsfan
April 22nd, 2007, 09:30 AM
Put it in the bank until the new facility/press box, etc is finished. Offer Wake 400K to come. We would still make money and give the Deeeeeks a taste of the Rock after what 22 years of ASU playing in Groves.
Now that would be sweeet. You are right, they wouldn't come to The Rock. Which begs a question, which FBS team(s) could we get to Boone?

Bobcat in NC
April 22nd, 2007, 04:28 PM

Seriously, how can it be that no one's started a pool on this yet? Or at least a poll. But a pool would be more fun.

$1 to enter, pick the time and date that ASU's schedule will be announced. Anyone affiliated with the media, the school or named Yosef ineligible to participate.

Closest to the time wins all. Not that I'm advocating gambling. After all, gambling is illegal at Bushwood, sir, and I never slice... xnonox

Mr. C
April 22nd, 2007, 05:01 PM
App State and Wake Forest were actually negotiating on a four-year contract from what sources told me near the start of the 2006 season. One of the elements of the negotiations was Wake Forest coming to Boone when KBS was completed. ASU was to make three visits to Groves Stadium as part of the deal.

Appattk
April 22nd, 2007, 05:21 PM
App State and Wake Forest were actually negotiating on a four-year contract from what sources told me near the start of the 2006 season. One of the elements of the negotiations was Wake Forest coming to Boone when KBS was completed. ASU was to make three visits to Groves Stadium as part of the deal.

Wow, that's some pretty cool news. They might even challenge the "streak".....

but I doubt it :)

Appstate29
April 22nd, 2007, 07:58 PM

if wake forest came to boone, I bet we could sell 40000 tickets...I don't know where we'd put all the people, but I bet we could sell the tickets for it.

tarmac
April 22nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
"Originally Posted by Mr. C
App State and Wake Forest were actually negotiating on a four-year contract from what sources told me near the start of the 2006 season. One of the elements of the negotiations was Wake Forest coming to Boone when KBS was completed. ASU was to make three visits to Groves Stadium as part of the deal."

Is that a "were" as in no longer being considered?

Mr. C
April 22nd, 2007, 09:30 PM
I can't give you a definitive answer on that at this time.

appfan2008
April 22nd, 2007, 09:33 PM
if wake forest came to boone, I bet we could sell 40000 tickets...I don't know where we'd put all the people, but I bet we could sell the tickets for it.
that would be sweet wouldnt it!

appfan2008
April 22nd, 2007, 09:34 PM
Wow, that's some pretty cool news. They might even challenge the "streak".....

but I doubt it :)
i wouldnt worry too much about that!

SoCon48
April 23rd, 2007, 06:55 AM

Without a doubt.

appfan2008
April 23rd, 2007, 08:42 AM
Mr. C... you said schedule maybe coming out in days?

any more specific? we are getting desperate around here

lizrdgizrd
April 23rd, 2007, 09:02 AM
BUMP-a-dee-BUMP

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

appfan2008
April 23rd, 2007, 05:07 PM
oct. 20-nov 3 will be a tough little strech... i we play a cupcake on sept. 15 so we can rest up for wofford

Yosef_grrl99
April 24th, 2007, 08:54 AM
http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Common%2FMGArticle%2FPrintVersi on&c=MGArticle&cid=1173350914446

xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx

So does this mean a schedule won't be a announced in a few days after all?

MYTAPPY
April 24th, 2007, 09:06 AM
http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Common%2FMGArticle%2FPrintVersi on&c=MGArticle&cid=1173350914446

xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx

So does this mean a schedule won't be a announced in a few days after all?

I've got a headache now.xmadx

Mountaineer#96
April 24th, 2007, 09:54 AM
what a mess.........

appfan2008
April 24th, 2007, 09:57 AM
what the hell???
we may not play 11 games????

SoCon48
April 24th, 2007, 11:21 AM
That's quite posible. However even if we assume a 10 game schedule, there are often fallout situations with other schools. Buyouts etc.

AshevilleApp
April 24th, 2007, 02:25 PM
If App was willing to travel then why is Montana playing a patsy schedule??

Black Saturday
April 24th, 2007, 03:11 PM
If App was willing to travel then why is Montana playing a patsy schedule??

Just maybe they are trying to back themselves into a number 1 or 2 seed come playoff time?xeekx

Mountaineer#96
April 24th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Just maybe they are trying to back themselves into a number 1 or 2 seed come playoff time?xeekx
Seems very possible........Montana announced their final schedule very quickly months ago.

SuperJon
April 24th, 2007, 08:00 PM
A Coastal board poster suggested they buy out their Oct 13 game against Chowan and ASU comes down to the beach.

appfan2008
April 24th, 2007, 10:44 PM
A Coastal board poster suggested they buy out their Oct 13 game against Chowan and ASU comes down to the beach.
go for it!... i would love that!

CCU97
April 25th, 2007, 07:49 AM

SJ...the poster actually suggested that ASU buy out Chowan and maybe schedule a home and away series with Coastal....

Rok stated Ok - I know this is a long shot and there have been rumors that ASU wouldn't come here at all - but they are having a hard time filling a schedule with FCS teams.

Conceivably, we could have them buy out the Chown game, come here, and we return the visit next year. So is there any chance that this happens?

CCU97
April 25th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Just another thought on this subject....what happened to all those teams crying that it wasn't fair that their team didn't make the playoffs...that they had won a cupcake schedule and deserved to be there....well here is your chance...step up and prove you belong....I'm sure at some point App St. will be happy to play a non-scholly team if no other FCS teams step up. San Diego, Dayton, and others you want to play with the big boys come on....Montana, Montana State, and others....you think you have a better team...what better chance to prove it....I would hope that CCU's AD reads the article and talks to ASU's AD and gets a series going....if you want to be the best you gotta beat the best....

SuperJon
April 25th, 2007, 09:11 AM
My fault, I misread it.

SoCon48
April 25th, 2007, 09:16 AM
SJ...the poster actually suggested that ASU buy out Chowan and maybe schedule a home and away series with Coastal....

Rok stated Ok - I know this is a long shot and there have been rumors that ASU wouldn't come here at all - but they are having a hard time filling a schedule with FCS teams.

Conceivably, we could have them buy out the Chown game, come here, and we return the visit next year. So is there any chance that this happens?

How about CCU buy out the Chowan game and then we come to Conway? That's the way it normally works.

Or we buy out Chowan and have Chowan come to Boone???

appfan2008
April 25th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Just another thought on this subject....what happened to all those teams crying that it wasn't fair that their team didn't make the playoffs...that they had won a cupcake schedule and deserved to be there....well here is your chance...step up and prove you belong....I'm sure at some point App St. will be happy to play a non-scholly team if no other FCS teams step up. San Diego, Dayton, and others you want to play with the big boys come on....Montana, Montana State, and others....you think you have a better team...what better chance to prove it....I would hope that CCU's AD reads the article and talks to ASU's AD and gets a series going....if you want to be the best you gotta beat the best....
I completelly concur! BRING IT

SuperJon
April 25th, 2007, 09:21 AM
How about CCU buy out the Chowan game and then we come to Conway? That's the way it normally works.

Or we buy out Chowan and have Chowan come to Boone???

I don't think ASU should have to buy out Chowan. If the game was to work, I think it's more than worth it for CCU to buy out Chowan.

tke504oa
April 25th, 2007, 09:25 AM
All of this might be a good reason for us to start packing our bags for the misty mountains.... uhh I mean the FBS.

appfan2008
April 25th, 2007, 09:26 AM
arent we already in the misty mountains???

just kidding i just wanna stay fcs... so ya know

SoCon48
April 25th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I don't think ASU should have to buy out Chowan. If the game was to work, I think it's more than worth it for CCU to buy out Chowan.

I agree, sj.

SuperJon
April 25th, 2007, 10:13 AM
The amount Coastal would make from the gate with App would double or triple whatever payout the Chowen game has.

Appattk
April 25th, 2007, 10:22 AM
The amount Coastal would make from the gate with App would double or triple whatever payout the Chowen game has.

Not to mention if (and that's a BIG IF), CCU manages to win on their home field.....

Heck, if CCU manages to even keep it close.. the Playoff Committee would look very close at that come selection time.....

I think a CCU / ASU game would help both schools, if anything to give CCU a pretty good schedule.

CCU97
April 25th, 2007, 10:55 AM
The schedule is already pretty good with GSU, Furman, and JMU....this would make a great schedule...I would love to see this game happen!

Yosef84
April 25th, 2007, 03:01 PM

I have no idea what is possible at this point, but personally I would be happy to see this happen. That would put a quality game on our schedule for both 2007 and 2008. With the stadium construction in Boone, I think it's a good year for travel (although they're saying we will have 6 home games). We'll see what happens.

Yosef84
April 25th, 2007, 03:05 PM

I agree that we (App) should HAVE to buy Chowan out, and I definitely agree that it would be worth it for a team to do this, but App is the one in a bind. CCU has their schedule set, and leverage would likely be used in this situation.

UNI had to buy out one of Drake's games in order to get them on the schedule and get finalized this year. Unfortunately, that's how it works sometimes.

Greg

Saint3333
April 25th, 2007, 03:08 PM
No school should have to buy out another school's game for them (CCU) to get/maintain a home game. I'd never pay another school for a ROAD game.

lizrdgizrd
April 25th, 2007, 03:12 PM
I agree that we (App) should HAVE to buy Chowan out, and I definitely agree that it would be worth it for a team to do this, but App is the one in a bind. CCU has their schedule set, and leverage would likely be used in this situation.

UNI had to buy out one of Drake's games in order to get them on the schedule and get finalized this year. Unfortunately, that's how it works sometimes.

Greg
I wonder if we could get Chowan to come up to Boone and get the home-and-home with CCU at the same time and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Yosef84
April 25th, 2007, 03:15 PM
No school should have to buy out another school's game for them (CCU) to get/maintain a home game. I'd never pay another school for a ROAD game.

Like I said, I don't like the idea either, but I'm a realist. That might be what is necessary. If that is what it takes to get a decent game (as opposed to a DII game), then I could live with it. We need to keep ourselves out of this situation in the future so it's not an issue.

App had the opportunity to book a series with CCU in 2005 and we made a poor decision (in retrospect) that we didn't want to travel to Conway. the result was a game with Mars Hill last year.

I'm not saying we should give away the farm, but I think we're in damage control mode. By the way, I think UNI is playing Drake in Des Moines.

Greg

Yosef84
April 25th, 2007, 03:16 PM
I wonder if we could get Chowan to come up to Boone and get the home-and-home with CCU at the same time and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

As much as I would hate to have Chowan on our schedule, I could probably live with it as long as the other game was a decent FCS team. CCU would work for me.

Greg

CCU97
April 25th, 2007, 04:38 PM
I think CCU should be willing to look at the second option as well....and the first option would all depend on how much the buyout is and if it could be made up in ticket sales...otherwise it wouldn't be a smart decision by CCU to drop Chowan(pay them off and lose money) and then maybe even lose a game.....in reality...if ASU wants a game bad enough they will probably have to do the buying out and travel....it is just the reality of it...you have to schedule in advance or you wind up with holes to fill and beggars can't be choosers.....

Saint3333
April 25th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure who ASU will schedule, but I will be shocked if ASU pays CCU to buy out the Chowan game and then travels to Conway. I don't think the adminstration is too high on coming to Conway in the near future so I really don't think they'll pay to play there. They didn't enjoy going to G-Webb last year either though.

BTW, what's this CCU "maybe lose a game" talk? xsmiley_wix

rokamortis
April 25th, 2007, 05:20 PM
I'm not sure who ASU will schedule, but I will be shocked if ASU pays CCU to buy out the Chowan game and then travels to Conway. I don't think the adminstration is too high on coming to Conway in the near future so I really don't think they'll pay to play there. They didn't enjoy going to G-Webb last year either though.

BTW, what's this CCU "maybe lose a game" talk? xsmiley_wix

I only said ASU buy out Chowan because ASU is in a bind and what their assistant AD said in the paper about everything that they are offering. I could care less who does the actual 'buying out', I'd just love to see the game played.

With that said - if the ASU admin isn't too high on coming to Conway then they are being too picky and would have to settle for a couple of DII (or lower) or no games at all. You can't cry about no one willing to play you and then be picky about who you would travel to.

phillyAPP
April 25th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I only said ASU buy out Chowan because ASU is in a bind and what their assistant AD said in the paper about everything that they are offering. I could care less who does the actual 'buying out', I'd just love to see the game played.

With that said - if the ASU admin isn't too high on coming to Conway then they are being too picky and would have to settle for a couple of DII (or lower) or no games at all. You can't cry about no one willing to play you and then be picky about who you would travel to.

Come on Mortis !! We deserve 5/6 home games just like you do.

The issue isn't going to play the chicken, its having 5/6 profitable home games.

SuperJon
April 25th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Coastal's admin has spoken about not having a very good home schedule this year (GSU is the only highlight). This would put their home schedule over the top.

CCU97
April 25th, 2007, 07:27 PM

The issue isn't going to play the chicken, its having 5/6 profitable home games.

The problem is we would give up a home game if we traveled there...not going to happen.....

Rok was responding to the comment right before his when Saint said that the ASU admin wouldn't be to keen on traveling to Myrtle Beach/Conway...not sure what their issue would be...get the boys off the mountain for a game....to warmer climate...and schedule the other game as a home game and there you go....other than that we only have two other games that could even be considered...Del. St and Winston Salem State and those wouldn't gel with your schedule.

Col Hogan
April 25th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I've been following this thread for a while...even contributed a little a loong time ago...but I have a question for the ASU fans.

I've read folks upset because the schedule is not out, and don't care who they play...just fill the schedule.

I've read folks upset over the fact ASU might play only 10 games.

I've read folks upset that ASU might play several non-DI games.

I've read folks calls for a full schedule even if it means traveling, and I've read that 5-6 home games are necessary for bucks.

HONEST QUESTION...

What is the athletic departments priority, and what are the fans priority? Are they the same?

I might get a shot-gun bunch of answers...maybe a poll is in order...let's see...

rokamortis
April 25th, 2007, 07:43 PM

Ok - so who are you going to schedule to get 2 good profitable home games?

SuperJon
April 25th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Any game at App is profitable, especially when you average 4k-6k over capacity every week.

seantaylor
April 25th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Which school sounds like more like a porn movie, Morehead State or Chowan (Box)?

rokamortis
April 25th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Which school sounds like more like a porn movie, Morehead State or Chowan (Box)?

I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong - but someone told me that the pronunciation is more like 'Show On'.

ASU_Chad
April 25th, 2007, 10:40 PM
I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong - but someone told me that the pronunciation is more like 'Show On'.
It is pronounced sho-wan. I hate to say it but I have actually been there because of Teaching Fellows and stayed an night in their dorms. It is the most desolate place for a college I have ever seen...

proasu89
April 25th, 2007, 11:16 PM
It is pronounced sho-wan. I hate to say it but I have actually been there because of Teaching Fellows and stayed an night in their dorms. It is the most desolate place for a college I have ever seen...

More than Campbell, Pfeifer, & Pembroke? Wow, I don't want to go therexeekx

seantaylor
April 25th, 2007, 11:40 PM
I thought it was Chowing.

Appattk
April 26th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Ok - so who are you going to schedule to get 2 good profitable home games?

At this point I would be happy with 1 home and a good away game. More than likely a DII team at home, and someone like CCU at the Beach. I just think we are backed into one heck of a wall.

But I'm not sure how it would work out spending money to buy out a game and not have it at home. I thought the reasoning behind spending money on something like that was to recoup the cost by having it at the home stadium?

All I know is that if the Apps are going to CCU, they will make money on the game! We vacation to the mountains to see ASU play, vacationing to the beach would be icing on the cake.

GaSouthern
April 26th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Coastal's admin has spoken about not having a very good home schedule this year (GSU is the only highlight). This would put their home schedule over the top.

Well i'll be there at least! I'm amped!

Saint3333
April 26th, 2007, 07:55 AM

I think the administration vs. fan desires are a little different. With the facility enhancements going on, the #1 priority for the admin. is likely revenue, while the fans in general just want good games. I think everyone would like to have 6 home games as well. SEC teams typically don't travel to the MAC or Sun Belt teams, because they make money playing at home, the same is true for teams like Montana, GSU, ASU, etc. ASU doesn't make any money by going to CCU, ASU makes money no matter who they play at home i.e. Mars Hill last year. This may come across harsh, but right now $$$ is talking and any 2 home games are likely better in the administrations eyes than a decent away game.

lizrdgizrd
April 26th, 2007, 08:35 AM
I think the administration vs. fan desires are a little different. With the facility enhancements going on, the #1 priority for the admin. is likely revenue, while the fans in general just want good games. I think everyone would like to have 6 home games as well. SEC teams typically don't travel to the MAC or Sun Belt teams, because they make money playing at home, the same is true for teams like Montana, GSU, ASU, etc. ASU doesn't make any money by going to CCU, ASU makes money no matter who they play at home i.e. Mars Hill last year. This may come across harsh, but right now $$$ is talking and any 2 home games are likely better in the administrations eyes than a decent away game.
With us having this much trouble just filling the schedule I'd think the admin would just suck it up and trade one home game this year for one next year (when they can sell the boxes $$$$$+) against a solid team and take CCU and some DII so our SOS is decent and we get 5 home games + good OOC game next year.

lizrdgizrd
April 26th, 2007, 08:37 AM

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

Saint3333
April 26th, 2007, 08:58 AM
With us having this much trouble just filling the schedule I'd think the admin would just suck it up and trade one home game this year for one next year (when they can sell the boxes $$$$$+) against a solid team and take CCU and some DII so our SOS is decent and we get 5 home games + good OOC game next year.

Boxes are the same price whether ASU has 5 or 6 home games so that doesn't come into play. Also we'll likely only have 5 home games next year as we play 4 SoCon games at home, 4 on the road along with JMU on the road. That leaves 2 games and one will likely be a money game vs. a BCS opponent.

SoCon48
April 26th, 2007, 09:16 AM

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

I can handle that at this point. Besides we don't need a ranked I-AA team the week after butting head with Michigan. There's a name for that..suicide.

lizrdgizrd
April 26th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Boxes are the same price whether ASU has 5 or 6 home games so that doesn't come into play. Also we'll likely only have 5 home games next year as we play 4 SoCon games at home, 4 on the road along with JMU on the road. That leaves 2 games and one will likely be a money game vs. a BCS opponent.
But we don't have boxes to sell this year, we will next year. I'd give up one home game this year to have CCU come up next year. That'd give us 5 FCS at home and 5 FCS on the road + a $$ game with 2 good OOC teams in the mix.

If we did the CCU deal and traveled there this year we'd have 5 home games (4 FCS + whatever we can get) and 6 away games ($$ game + 5 FCS away). That's not too shabby.

Saint3333
April 26th, 2007, 09:34 AM
But we don't have boxes to sell this year, we will next year. I'd give up one home game this year to have CCU come up next year. That'd give us 5 FCS at home and 5 FCS on the road + a $$ game with 2 good OOC teams in the mix.

If we did the CCU deal and traveled there this year we'd have 5 home games (4 FCS + whatever we can get) and 6 away games ($$ game + 5 FCS away). That's not too shabby.

You're missing the point. The boxes are the same price whether ASU plays 1 or 11 home games, $25K a year.

By giving up one home game in 2007 ASU essentially loses ~$300K in revenue, that's something the administration will not like to part with. Besides ASU is selling the gameday atmosphere more than the opponent. No matter who we play Appalachian will still be on the field, and I'll be there for them. But of course I'm no fool and would rather have the best FCS opponent available instead of a D2 school. I trust the current adminstration''s judgement and know they only want what will benefit ASU the most.

lizrdgizrd
April 26th, 2007, 10:04 AM
You're missing the point. The boxes are the same price whether ASU plays 1 or 11 home games, $25K a year.

By giving up one home game in 2007 ASU essentially loses ~$300K in revenue, that's something the administration will not like to part with. Besides ASU is selling the gameday atmosphere more than the opponent. No matter who we play Appalachian will still be on the field, and I'll be there for them. But of course I'm no fool and would rather have the best FCS opponent available instead of a D2 school. I trust the current adminstration''s judgement and know they only want what will benefit ASU the most.
You're assuming the boxes are complete by the start of the season. There's a lot of work to be done by September.

CCU97
April 26th, 2007, 10:14 AM
The problem ASU will have getting a quality FCS team is the one they would have with CCU....at minimum CCU makes 150k any given Saturday for a home game....plus there is the buyout of Chowan...not sure the cost...so no team is going to give that up just so they can play ASU and have to travel to Boone to top it off....so unless App. St. sweetened the deal and bought out Chowan and traveled I couldn't see them getting CCU on the schedule as much as we would all like that.....Looks like it is 2 DII schools for you guys this year...

Borat
April 26th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Stupid question from someone that doesn't know any better. What about App and CCU playing twice this year? One home game for ASU, one for CCU.

The problem ASU will have getting a quality FCS team is the one they would have with CCU....at minimum CCU makes 150k any given Saturday for a home game....plus there is the buyout of Chowan...not sure the cost...so no team is going to give that up just so they can play ASU and have to travel to Boone to top it off....so unless App. St. sweetened the deal and bought out Chowan and traveled I couldn't see them getting CCU on the schedule as much as we would all like that.....Looks like it is 2 DII schools for you guys this year...

Saint3333
April 26th, 2007, 11:05 AM
I doubt CCU brings in $150K per game, remember students get in for free, which cuts down the amount of paid tickets. They'd have to sell 7.5K at $20 a piece to pull in that kind of money. It's probably more like $100K.

Yosef84
April 26th, 2007, 12:20 PM
I've been following this thread for a while...even contributed a little a loong time ago...but I have a question for the ASU fans.

I've read folks upset because the schedule is not out, and don't care who they play...just fill the schedule.

I've read folks upset over the fact ASU might play only 10 games.

I've read folks upset that ASU might play several non-DI games.

I've read folks calls for a full schedule even if it means traveling, and I've read that 5-6 home games are necessary for bucks.

HONEST QUESTION...

What is the athletic departments priority, and what are the fans priority? Are they the same?

I might get a shot-gun bunch of answers...maybe a poll is in order...let's see...

Good question. Part of the confusion is caused because the priorities aren't the same. I think the athletic department has stated in the past that we (App) do not like to play DII games. Everyone knows that we want home games because we make a lot of money from them and it's good for the fans. Obviously, as options disappear the priorities change. Right now (based on the article in the WS Journal and quotes from the AD) the priority appears to be filling the schedule with quality (DI) opponents. Personally, I can tolerate one DII game, but I would be extremely unhappy with two. I prefer none, if there are options available.

At this point, I'm just going to be quiet and wait. I still have hope that we'll pull a respectable schedule out of this mess. I think it will cost us, though.

Greg

SuperJon
April 26th, 2007, 12:44 PM
I doubt CCU brings in $150K per game, remember students get in for free, which cuts down the amount of paid tickets. They'd have to sell 7.5K at $20 a piece to pull in that kind of money. It's probably more like $100K.

Coastal's tickets were $15 last year. However, you don't have to worry about the students getting in free. At the game I was at there were maybe 500 students in the student section, and that's being generous. Unless it's a night game, the majority of the crowd is paying customers.

henfan
April 26th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Personally, I can tolerate one DII game, but I would be extremely unhappy with two. I prefer none, if there are options available.

Having an empty Kidd-Brewer is the worse possible option. If ASU gets the opportunity to schedule two D-IIs, they should do it. You don't get any revenue with an open date.

It might be a good idea for ASU to start locking up future dates a few years out, rather than waiting like this.

CCU97
April 26th, 2007, 01:27 PM

Just off of the tickets alone at an average game(8134 people-500 students) Coastal would pull in $114,510....between concessions and merchandise sales I have a feeling they would pull in at least 30-45k a game....That is just $5.50 per person....not hard to imagine is it?xnodx

Saint3333
April 26th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Just off of the tickets alone at an average game(8134 people-500 students) Coastal would pull in $114,510....between concessions and merchandise sales I have a feeling they would pull in at least 30-45k a game....That is just $5.50 per person....not hard to imagine is it?xnodx

I was talking apples to apples. I was speaking to just ticket sales as we don't have a way to reasonably estimate concession and merchandise sales without some insider information.

Only 500 studentsxeyebrowx what's wrong with those kids... Is it because of the size of the stadium?

SuperJon
April 26th, 2007, 02:42 PM
The Coastal students think 12:30 games are too early. They'd either rather a) go to the beach, b) sleep, or c) recover from the night before. That's one of the reasons Coastal is going to all 7pm games this year.

AppGuy04
April 26th, 2007, 02:56 PM
The Coastal students think 12:30 games are too early. They'd either rather a) go to the beach, b) sleep, or c) recover from the night before. That's one of the reasons Coastal is going to all 7pm games this year.

and Saturday night games will be attended more? I don't think so

If those "students" can't wake up in time for a noon game, they sure as hell aren't gonna waste a Saturday night at a football game

CCU97
April 26th, 2007, 02:58 PM
but even then they only give out an certain amount of free tickets....afterall the name of the game is to not lose money or the program will go under.....until the stadium gets substantially bigger their won't be lots of free tickets for the students...Currently for 2007 the stadium will hold about 9500....I don't see any problem averaging 100% capacity.

SuperJon
April 26th, 2007, 03:15 PM
and Saturday night games will be attended more? I don't think so

If those "students" can't wake up in time for a noon game, they sure as hell aren't gonna waste a Saturday night at a football game

The students show up a lot better for Saturday night games. They come out and tailgate and then go to the game, then leave the game and go to whatever party or club they were planning to go to anyways.

lizrdgizrd
April 26th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Just to set us back on topic:

Mr. C, have you heard any more rumblings of late?

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

Umass74
April 27th, 2007, 02:28 PM

St. Peter's?? St.Peter's?? xrotatehx

I hope the Mountaineers don't plan on playing any more than eight men at a time against St. Peter's. xlolx

RabidRabbit
April 27th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Just to set us back on topic:

Mr. C, have you heard any more rumblings of late?

Sept. 1 at Michigan
Sept. 22 at Wofford
Sept. 29 at Elon
Oct. 13 open
Oct. 20 Georgia Southern
Oct. 27 at Furman
Nov. 3 at Citadel
Nov. 10 Western Carolina
Nov 17 - UT Chattanooga

Based on Travis's thread the team still needing games with schollies on same dates open as App St was No. AZ. No way to get that worked out? I'm sure that NAU would love to host ASU xlolx

Bison06
April 27th, 2007, 03:37 PM
I have to be honest, I don't know a lot about many of the teams on this schedule. But, to me other that Michigan, GSU, and Furman this looks like a pretty weak schedule.

UNHWildCats
April 27th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Wofford was 7-4 last year I think so thats a decent game

If u ask cit members there going undefeated soo i guess thats a tough game too lol

AppGuy04
April 27th, 2007, 03:56 PM
I have to be honest, I don't know a lot about many of the teams on this schedule. But, to me other that Michigan, GSU, and Furman this looks like a pretty weak schedule.

Michigan, Wofford, GSU and Furman will be difficult games no matter what. Considering we only have 9 games for sure, thats half the schedule

Think about it this way, we also don't have the luxury of going out and getting 7 OOC games like you guys

SuperJon
April 27th, 2007, 05:15 PM
That's definitely not a luxury.

proasu89
April 27th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Don't knock Wofford and El Cid till you've tried them.

appfan2008
April 27th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Michigan, Wofford, GSU and Furman will be difficult games no matter what. Considering we only have 9 games for sure, thats half the schedule

Think about it this way, we also don't have the luxury of going out and getting 7 OOC games like you guys
could make for a 7-2 record... i wonder what the selection committee would say about that or 7-3 if we got another game

g-webb1994
April 30th, 2007, 04:06 PM

Hey, thanks to Appy's generousity with the turnovers, we scared the pee out of them for a half last year! Take away that long TD that they got, and it may have stayed closer throughout, that was a momentum killer.

All is moot though unless my Dawgs learn how to play defense for a change this season.....something that has been missing pretty much for the past two seasons!xbangx

lizrdgizrd
April 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Hey, thanks to Appy's generousity with the turnovers, we scared the pee out of them for a half last year! Take away that long TD that they got, and it may have stayed closer throughout, that was a momentum killer.

All is moot though unless my Dawgs learn how to play defense for a change this season.....something that has been missing pretty much for the past two seasons!xbangx
That really won't help you against Armanti! xlolx

james_lawfirm
April 30th, 2007, 06:59 PM

Gwebb:

Did Not!! Weren't skeered at all. At least not after those back to back punt returns for TDs that Dexter Jackson pulled off. The only "momentum" I saw was the GW players' taunting, which disappeared pretty quickly after those punt returns.

Last year's GWU v. ASU game was a whoopin' waitin' to happen!

See ya at the ROCK!

james_lawfirm
April 30th, 2007, 07:02 PM
could make for a 7-2 record... i wonder what the selection committee would say about that or 7-3 if we got another game

What would they say about a 6-3 record that got in with the automatic bid from the SoCon? Nothing. But it could happen.

Man, I wish they'd get a couple more FCS teams to play & release the schedule. Tomorrow would be good.

Seawolf97
April 30th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Still no schedule?xsmhx xsmhx

Mountaineer#96
April 30th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Still no schedule?xsmhx xsmhx
nope xnonono2x xnonono2x

appfan2008
April 30th, 2007, 09:12 PM

i believe the score was something along the lines of like 41-9? and we didnt even play the starters for the final quarter or so... we were never ever scared and wont be again next year

appfan2008
April 30th, 2007, 09:13 PM
does anyone with inside info have anything on how negotiations are going for the upcoming season?