PDA

View Full Version : Women's Basketball 2017-18 Recruits

BEAR
April 19th, 2017, 11:23 AM
SLC Co-Champion, SLC Tournament Champion and NCAA Tournament conference representative UCA lost 4 seniors:

Raquel Logan, Brianna Mullins, Taylor Strickland, and one of the best to suit up in the league Maggie Proffitt.

This year they have 3 seniors: Kierra Jordan, Angel Williams, and Taylor Boudoin.

New recruits:

Kamry Orr: 5'5" to 5"8" (depending on media referenced) point guard Little Rock Central grad who played one year for SAM HOUSTON then transferred to N.E. Oklahoma. Kamry played against the Sugar Bears in 2016 in the SLC tourney finals. Glad to have her back in her home state. Maybe you Bearkats can shed some light on this player.

Savannah Lowe 5-8 guard from Conway High School. Played varsity her freshman year and her senior year averaged 16 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals per game. Having met Savannah on many occasions I can tell you basketball is her life.

Alanie Fisher: 5-8 guard Coffeyville C.C. transfer. Baton Rouge native that led her team there to two state titles excelled in college and averaged double digits every other game. She should pair well with Savannah.

Mekaylan Hicks: 5"11" Forward - led Lady Cats to state semifinals twice. Coached by former UCA Sugar Bear Destinee Rogers and she knows talent.

I am thrilled about the talent coach Rushing has brought to UCA! Now we still need to address the height disadvantage that knocks us out of the NCAAs every year but I guess all the tall ones go to Tennessee and UConn. xlolx