PDA

View Full Version : UNI and SIU Round 2: Carbondale Edition

crunifan
January 23rd, 2007, 02:49 PM
So, UNI won the first round in Cedar Falls 66-61, and the Panthers are currently all alone in first in the Valley. BUT, SIU is right on our heels tied at second. And with their home court advantage, I really think SIU will take it.

UNI/SIU games always are close and usually come down to the home team. So while I hope for a win by the purple and gold, I think SIU wins a close one!

Everyone can watch on ESPNU tonight!

crunifan
January 24th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Super close one in Carbondale.

SIU beats UNI 56-54.

Grant Stout's shot at the buzzer is deemed about .1 seconds too late to avoid overtime.

Great game Panthers, you put up quite the fight. Congrats Salukis!

th0m
January 24th, 2007, 04:33 PM
How many bids do you think the MVC will get this year crunifan?

crunifan
January 25th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Well, with the way the teams are beating up on each other, I only think three this year. I think we deserve more than that, I think there are five great teams though.

I think at this point, Creighton, SIU, and UNI should get in. But Missouri State and Bradley have a lot to say about it.

But in the end, I think three is the number we will get.

Appstate29
January 25th, 2007, 02:00 AM
what do you guys think about the bracketbusters??? everyone I have talked to at App is saying we most likely have Creighton, but I'd rather have UNI (to own them in both football and basketball :) ) or WSU, I just think the latter two have a little more name recognition.

crunifan
January 25th, 2007, 09:40 AM
what do you guys think about the bracketbusters??? everyone I have talked to at App is saying we most likely have Creighton, but I'd rather have UNI (to own them in both football and basketball :) ) or WSU, I just think the latter two have a little more name recognition.

Well, Appalachian State and UNI can't play each other (since we are both away teams this year). And you should be thankful for that. :p

But, I do think you could visit Creighton or Missouri State. A Valley team seems pretty likely.

As for UNI, I have no idea. Maybe New Mexico State or Hofstra?

And you think UNI or Wichita State has more name recognition than Creighton? Creighton is like...known as a basketball school. Trust me, you don't want to visit Omaha. They average over 15,000 fans. And for this, they could sell it out and have 17,500 fans. Creighton is a huge name in basketball.