PDA

View Full Version : Worst Recruiting Class in the FCS?

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 26th, 2017, 08:41 PM
Montana has to be in the top 5:
Without Shaw and Favoroso Griz are a lock for the bottom. Pathetic

Transfers:
QB- Caleb Hill 6'4" 215 (Blinn JC) Brenham, TX
DE- Chris Favoroso 6'4" 255 (Arizona Western JC)
DE- Dylan Gilroy 6'5" 245 (Diablo Valley JC)
DT- David Shaw 6'5" 310 (Maryland)

Offense
ATH- Nate Dick 5'10" 185 (Billings Senior) Billings, MT
ATH- Mitch Roberts 6'1" 185 (Missoula Sentinel) Missoula, MT
ATH- Bryson Deming 6'4" 192 (Billings West HS) Billings, MT
ATH- McKenzie Holt 6'4" 230 (Thompson Falls HS) Thompson Falls, MT
QB/S Tanner Wilson 6'2" 190 (Polson HS) Polson, MT
OL- Payton Stoner 6'6" 275(MT Carmel High School) San Diego, CA
OL- Skyler Martin 6'5" 250 (Skyview HS) Vancouver, WA
WR/H- Matthew Rensvold 6'4" 210 (Polson HS) Polson, MT

Defense
DE- RJ Nelson 6' 3" 220 (Hillsboro HS) Hillsboro, OR
LB- Marcus Welnel 6'1" 210 (Helena Capital) Helena, MT
LB- Michael Matthews 6'2" 205 (Camas HS), Camas, WA
LB- Carder Key 6'2" 220 (Broken Arrow HS) Broken Arrow, OK
LB- Trevor Hoerner 6'4" 210 (Columbia Falls HS) Columbia Falls, MT
LB/TE- Braydon Deming 6'4" 205 (Billings West HS) Billings, MT
S/LB- Michael McGinnis 6'3" 185 (Sidney HS) Sidney, MT
S- Isiahia Banks 6'1" 200 (Mullen HS) Denver, CO <--------------(I would almost bet money this kid decommits and goes to Colorado)

centennial
January 26th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Agreed

UNHWildcat18
January 26th, 2017, 10:14 PM
One would think between the facilities and program history the griz would be pulling in great classes every year

bonarae
January 26th, 2017, 10:15 PM
Wow. Even the Ivies can still beat this class when they announce their classes come April or May. xcoffeex

Nickels
January 26th, 2017, 10:30 PM
Not enough Texans.

Go...gate
January 27th, 2017, 12:23 AM
Wow. Why such low numbers?

TheKingpin28
January 27th, 2017, 12:32 AM
Not enough #SouthernSpeed.

FYP

Catatonic
January 27th, 2017, 04:45 AM
What is there about this class that you don't like? There's nothing that jumps out at me from looking at the list of commits that screams bad class, bad class.

I have not looked at HUDL tapes. Are they all as slow as three toed sloths and equally unskilled?

RootinFerDukes
January 27th, 2017, 07:08 AM
Are your QB recruits better than Schor? I bet they are. I hear he's a terrible QB.

Cocky
January 27th, 2017, 07:10 AM
What is there about this class that you don't like? There's nothing that jumps out at me from looking at the list of commits that screams bad class, bad class.

I have not looked at HUDL tapes. Are they all as slow as three toed sloths and equally unskilled?
Sounds like a play out of the McNeese playbook.

Catatonic
January 27th, 2017, 07:29 AM
Sounds like a play out of the McNeese playbook.

Kind of what I was thinking. Sandbagging with a twist. He's really saying hey, look what a great class we have in a sly and devious way. Sneaky, those Grizzlies.

Daytripper
January 27th, 2017, 07:48 AM
You got a Texas kid for a QB. That should be enough. xcoffeex

Bisonator
January 27th, 2017, 07:51 AM
Looks to be a solid class by Bobs Titt. Should be good enough for a solid 4th place finish in the BSC.xthumbsupx

JSUSoutherner
January 27th, 2017, 10:24 AM

There are some pretty scrawny dudes on that list.

You got a Texas kid for a QB. That should be enough to keep you within 50 points of a real team. xcoffeex

FIFY.

Silenoz
January 27th, 2017, 11:03 AM
I don't follow recruiting as its a waste of time, but I can only assume he's trolling

centennial
January 27th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Looks to be a solid class by Bobs Titt. Should be good enough for a solid 4th place finish in the BSC.xthumbsupx
He isn't a good coach. 2nd-3rd will be his ceiling but this year with EWU down maybe Montana has a chance.

Bison56
January 27th, 2017, 01:08 PM
You got a Texas kid for a QB. That should be enough. xcoffeex

Until the weather gets cold.:D

Bison56
January 27th, 2017, 01:09 PM
He isn't a good coach. 2nd-3rd will be his ceiling but this year with EWU down maybe Montana has a chance.

I agree, if he doesn't improve this year, how much longer will they keep him?

centennial
January 27th, 2017, 01:29 PM
I agree, if he doesn't improve this year, how much longer will they keep him?

I know I bitch about NDSU coaching adjustments, but Stitt takes the cake. Can't make any meaningful adjustments to save his life, then blames the players later. Plus he is trying to run a system that doesn't fit Montana. Montana deserves better.

caribbeanhen
January 27th, 2017, 01:33 PM
Are your QB recruits better than Schor? I bet they are. I hear he's a terrible QB.

my take on this thread is Montana must have a pretty good class coming in.... the best ever.... because AG said they suck....

Catatonic
January 27th, 2017, 01:45 PM
my take on this thread is Montana must have a pretty good class coming in.... the best ever.... because AG said they suck....

That wasn't my initial take but after pondering it a bit, Ima gonna agree.

Iridebikes
January 27th, 2017, 01:51 PM
When did we (EWU) go down? We get a new coach, one that's and extension of the previous regime. Lost only 12 seniors. Good seniors but only 12. O-line back. Most of D back. Q'back back. Running backs back. I like the sound of this rebuild if that's what we're doing.

Grizalltheway
January 27th, 2017, 01:58 PM

So I guess those 6-5 and 3-9 seasons make Bohl a ****ty coach?

centennial
January 27th, 2017, 02:16 PM
When did we (EWU) go down? We get a new coach, one that's and extension of the previous regime. Lost only 12 seniors. Good seniors but only 12. O-line back. Most of D back. Q'back back. Running backs back. I like the sound of this rebuild if that's what we're doing.

Coaching changes can be hard. Otherwise EWU is the best team in the Big Sky.

He had 10 win seasons before that and had beaten Minnesota twice and CMU (MAC champs 44-14 I think). Stitt is not a good coach in my book. I think he could make a run being the Big Sky champions but he needs things to go his way, and no one out plan him.

Grizalltheway
January 27th, 2017, 02:33 PM

He had 10 win seasons before that and had beaten Minnesota twice and CMU (MAC champs 44-14 I think). Stitt is not a good coach in my book. I think he could make a run being the Big Sky champions but he needs things to go his way, and no one out plan him.

No one is going to claim last season wasn't disappointing as hell, but I'm willing to give him a shot next year with a lot more of his own recruits in place.

Silenoz
January 27th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Well he was able to instantly assess our recruiting class (which is basically impossible for a year or three) and our head coach. He must be North Dakotan Player Rep

centennial
January 27th, 2017, 05:02 PM
No one is going to claim last season wasn't disappointing as hell, but I'm willing to give him a shot next year with a lot more of his own recruits in place.

You aren't reading what I am writing-

His system seems like a simplified version of Baylor, Oregon. I feel like it's not good enough to win against good defensive teams, plays are predictable, running formations are weak, depends a lot on the QB playing well. It relies too much on the opposing team running base defense because of running hurry up. It puts the defense under too much pressure. On top of that if a team can stop what he is doing, his ability to pivot to a different game plan is poor. Plus finding skill players to run his system against NC caliber teams is going to be difficult.

Will having another 15 players that run his system change the fact that play design, coaching, and adjustments are lacking?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 27th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Kind of what I was thinking. Sandbagging with a twist. He's really saying hey, look what a great class we have in a sly and devious way. Sneaky, those Grizzlies.

Honestly, he is not doing that. He is not very happy with things and at this point it is probably his true belief.

Me though? Hell, I got no clue really.

McNeese72
January 27th, 2017, 07:48 PM
I guess McNeese has to be up there. I mean like we are getting no information at all. I know the coaches and athletic department can't talk about recruits but there have been no leaks on recruits at all. Either security is iron clad or we have no recruits worth talking about. I'm beginning to think it is the latter.

doc

dudeitsaid
January 27th, 2017, 10:25 PM

With full intention of derailing this into an EWU thread...why do you think EWU will be down? Aside from the fact we have a far worse recruiting class then the Griz coming in.:p

centennial
January 27th, 2017, 10:38 PM
With full intention of derailing this into an EWU thread...why do you think EWU will be down? Aside from the fact we have a far worse recruiting class then the Griz coming in.:p
Quoting myself-

jmufan999
January 29th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Montana has to be in the top 5:
Without Shaw and Favoroso Griz are a lock for the bottom. Pathetic

i wouldn't worry about it. now that UND has moved to the MVFC, you guys might be able to compete for an at-large berth one day. just have to claw back to quasi-relevance, one day at a time. at least the Hawks leaving gives you a fighting chance.

citdog
January 29th, 2017, 01:49 PM
My meme was in the wrong place.

Daytripper
January 29th, 2017, 02:29 PM
I guess McNeese has to be up there. I mean like we are getting no information at all. I know the coaches and athletic department can't talk about recruits but there have been no leaks on recruits at all. Either security is iron clad or we have no recruits worth talking about. I'm beginning to think it is the latter.

doc

Are there any rumblings in LC that you might have missed badly on your HC hire?

McNeese75
January 29th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Are there any rumblings in LC that you might have missed badly on your HC hire?

Nope, not yet anyway. If 2017 is a repeat of 2016 then probably.

Silenoz
January 30th, 2017, 02:07 PM
i wouldn't worry about it. now that UND has moved to the MVFC, you guys might be able to compete for an at-large berth one day. just have to claw back to quasi-relevance, one day at a time. at least the Hawks leaving gives you a fighting chance.
Burn

ursus arctos horribilis
January 30th, 2017, 03:33 PM
My meme was in the wrong place.

Remember that there is a place for some of the funny meme's that have a NSFW type of aspect to them. This board doesn't qualify.

It was funny, I give you that. xlolx

clenz
January 30th, 2017, 04:10 PM
I know I bitch about NDSU coaching adjustments, but Stitt takes the cake. Can't make any meaningful adjustments to save his life, then blames the players later. Plus he is trying to run a system that doesn't fit Montana. Montana deserves better.

That's something I noticed in the UNI/Montana game last year. There was no adjustment to what the UNI defense was giving them. Brady was off target on some passes but the at book never changed. The scheme didn't evolve with what worked and what didn't.

That game was simply the master of failing to adjust failing to adjust better than the other guy.