PDA

View Full Version : MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2017, 04:38 PM
You don't like peppers, onions, and mushrooms on pizza?

Alright, you got me there. But I am 100% fine with only Pepperoni.

TheKingpin28
September 19th, 2017, 04:38 PM
Only a moron would eat fruit on a god damn pizza. I refuse to believe that it is even possible to be that big of an asshole. Been wrong before though.

I am no asshole sir. I am THE asshole. :D

But pineapple is good, but my final choice would be an all meat pizza.

POD Knows
September 19th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Fargo takes some getting used too. They hate when this is mentioned but the absolutely flatness of that area is actually takes a while to get used too - you can't do it in a normal weekend trip. I can't sell how flat it is enough to get someone that hasn't been there to understand it. I know, I know. I'm from Iowa. It's not like I live in the mountains, but we at least have rolling hills. In Fargo you can literally see the curve of the earth in the distance. It's also very spread out - in large part, accoring to IBY - due to the soil content. Can't build up or close together as it's a very "clay" soil. It takes getting used too, but it creates a very unique feel.

Fargo also hates "chains". The number of breweries and local restaurants is nuts. Cities like Des Moines, Sioux Falls, Cedar Rapids, Cedar Falls/W'loo, Iowa City, etc... are just loaded with chain restaurants. I'm not sure they exist in Fargo.

I would suggest going for a football game. Would it be enjoyable 24/7/365? I suppose if you had a great group of friends. I'd move there simply because of guys like IBY, Thumper, POD, etc... That isn't a joke at all. If I didn't have kids that were super attached to grandparents I'd attempt a move/career change.
Fargo has a lot of chain resturants. Try and get a decent steak in town, good luck, there isn't any. Fargo was voted the least scenic city of over 100,000 in the USA. If I can find the article I will link to it. The Red River Valley is an old lake bed and it is incredibly flat. I also think that the state has some stupid rule that you can't build a building over 18 stories high because then it would be taller than the capital. Another reason for having to grow the city horizontally is the lack of bedrock. It is clay a long ways down which makes it tough to build up with the vertical loads or something.

BisonTru
September 19th, 2017, 04:45 PM

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/8e/8e5f076ee7fb921873d50858ce7d7d8055c1b7d4821a549c44 f151031d462d4d.jpg

BisonTru
September 19th, 2017, 04:50 PM
Fargo has plenty of chains.....these ****ers will wait in line when a Sonic or Chipolte open. xlolx

But there are plenty of good joints....just gotta find em.

Fargo/Moorhead use to be chain heavy. The last 10 years or so there's been quite a few new local places. Three brewery's, food trucks, downtown. The chains still get their love, but the town has really started to embrace local joints.

I F'n hate recommending something like Texas roadhouse to someone coming from out of town. Despite that if my wife's choosing we are probably going to f'n Texas Roadhouse.

cx500d
September 19th, 2017, 04:55 PM
Fargo/Moorhead use to be chain heavy. The last 10 years or so there's been quite a few new local places. Three brewery's, food trucks, downtown. The chains still get their love, but the town has really started to embrace local joints.

I F'n hate recommending something like Texas roadhouse to someone coming from out of town. Despite that if my wife's choosing we are probably going to f'n Texas Roadhouse.

The downtown Moorhead Dairy Queen is the bomb.

POD Knows
September 19th, 2017, 04:59 PM
Alright, you got me there. But I am 100% fine with only Pepperoni.
Yea. Me too. Most of the pizzas I order are sausage and pepperoni

POD Knows
September 19th, 2017, 05:01 PM

I F'n hate recommending something like Texas roadhouse to someone coming from out of town. Despite that if my wife's choosing we are probably going to f'n Texas Roadhouse.there is no real steakhouse in town but I agree that there is a pretty nice trend going towards locally owned joints.

BisonTru
September 19th, 2017, 05:03 PM

This is true. It's basically a Dairy Queen by the logo only. Neat place with a bunch of recipes and items you can't get any where else. I believe corporate wants them to conform but they are so successful yet stubborn they just grand father them along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POD Knows
September 19th, 2017, 05:14 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/8e/8e5f076ee7fb921873d50858ce7d7d8055c1b7d4821a549c44 f151031d462d4d.jpg
Your food eats onions and peppers? WTF kind of "food" are you eating.

BisonTru
September 19th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Your food eats onions and peppers? WTF kind of "food" are you eating.

Bacon.

TBH pigs pretty much will eat anything.

TheKingpin28
September 19th, 2017, 05:23 PM

This is true. It's basically a Dairy Queen by the logo only. Neat place with a bunch of recipes and items you can't get any where else. I believe corporate wants them to conform but they are so successful yet stubborn they just grand father them along.

It is so damn good!

Bisonoline
September 19th, 2017, 06:51 PM

Speaking of pizza you going to be at the pizza party this Friday night?

cx500d
September 19th, 2017, 07:36 PM

They are one of the earliest franchisee's, so their franchise agreement lets them do things others aren't allowed to do.

Thumper 76
September 19th, 2017, 08:24 PM
I hope we are not.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/city/2016/03/24/sioux-falls-area-population-passes-250k-mark/82165824/

I don't know if Thumper was meaning SDSU (and USD) was drawing from 250k for just the Summit League Tournament. I think what we are trying to say is that SDSU (and USD) are at a disadvantage football wise with only small populations to locally draw from for football games. I'm sure SDSU draws from Sioux Falls well (and USD from Sioux City) for football, but its is a distinct advantage when you can draw from a fan base that doesn't even have to leave the city.
Yes. That's what I said. He was talking about packing out the Denny, which, spoiler alert, is in Sioux Falls and is also, spoiler alert, more of an SDSU town than USeD town.

Which is in a largely SDSU metro area of 250k. I think it's an excuse as well to a point but it's more of an issue of maturing the football fanbase IMO. It doesn't help when last year our beat writer said in his group chat that it's a better deal for folks to stay in Sioux Falls and watch USF and Augie for the money, since he's their old writer and has a hard on for all things Sioux Falls.

I was referencing the location of the Denny Premiere Center you tards. Jesus. Christ.

ST_Lawson
September 19th, 2017, 08:33 PM
I can't sell how flat it is enough to get someone that hasn't been there to understand it. I know, I know. I'm from Iowa. It's not like I live in the mountains, but we at least have rolling hills. In Fargo you can literally see the curve of the earth in the distance.

Anything northeast of Cedar Falls is practically the Rockies compared to parts of Illinois. It's not too bad on my side, but you get over by the east side...over near ISU and EIU...and it's really damn flat. Same deal...you can see pretty much as far as eyesight allows.

They are one of the earliest franchisee's, so their franchise agreement lets them do things others aren't allowed to do.

Fun fact, my great uncle was one of the original founders of Dairy Queen International (http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sj-r/obituary.aspx?pid=150736398). When we were kids we'd go visit him and his wife at their house on Lake Springfield (Springfield, IL). I remember he had a lower-level "rec room" that opened out to the lake dock. He had a pool table, a bumper pool table, and a small fridge behind the downstairs bar that was always stocked with dilly bars and buster bars. Since they started by expanding across Illinois, Macomb's DQ is one of the earlier ones as well. It was one of the ones owned by my great uncle until it was sold to it's current owner. It's one that doesn't have indoor seating and doesn't do most of the food options. (https://www.google.com/maps/@40.4589805,-90.685238,3a,36.7y,55.19h,89.29t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjfCVk8fXiyKbSxduunZgYw!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656)

GodHelpTheBears
September 19th, 2017, 08:35 PM
I'm more of a Braum's guy myself, but given their attitude toward fresh food, they only open locations within 300 miles of their central Oklahoma farm, so I doubt they'll appear in any other Valley campus town any time soon.

cx500d
September 19th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Fun fact, my great uncle was one of the original founders of Dairy Queen International (http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sj-r/obituary.aspx?pid=150736398). When we were kids we'd go visit him and his wife at their house on Lake Springfield (Springfield, IL). I remember he had a lower-level "rec room" that opened out to the lake dock. He had a pool table, a bumper pool table, and a small fridge behind the downstairs bar that was always stocked with dilly bars and buster bars. Since they started by expanding across Illinois, Macomb's DQ is one of the earlier ones as well. It was one of the ones owned by my great uncle until it was sold to it's current owner. It's one that doesn't have indoor seating and doesn't do most of the food options. (https://www.google.com/maps/@40.4589805,-90.685238,3a,36.7y,55.19h,89.29t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sjfCVk8fXiyKbSxduunZgYw!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656)

Thats awesome...The Moorhead MN Dairy Queen has been open since 1949. Not sure when Dairy Queen started. The Dilly bar was apparently invented at the Moorhead location during a training session and rolled out to the rest of the stores.

http://moorheaddairyqueen.com/uploads/9_1.png

ST_Lawson
September 19th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Thats awesome...The Moorhead MN Dairy Queen has been open since 1949. Not sure when Dairy Queen started. The Dilly bar was apparently invented at the Moorhead location during a training session and rolled out to the rest of the stores.

First actual DQ was in Joliet, IL in 1940. I know Macomb's started in the late '40s but I don't know exactly when. My great uncle was a fairly large franchisee (his first store was the 9th DQ location, in Normal, IL in 1946) and eventually went in with 3 other guys to buy the rights from "Grandpa" McCullough in the 1960s (so, there were already quite a few franchises around the midwest and adjacent regions when this happened), founded International Dairy Queen and became their first President.

So, I kinda have a soft spot for the "old school" Dairy Queen locations. If I ever made the trek up to catch a Bison game at the dome, I'll have to make a point to head over to Moorhead and visit their DQ.

If any of you guys ever come to Macomb for a game in September or early October (since it's outdoor, it's only open from early March to usually around the second week of October), make a stop by our DQ for some post-game ice cream. It's only 3 blocks from campus, about a 3/4 mile walk from the football stadium (https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.4679853,-90.6854049/Dairy+Queen+Ltd+Brazier,+936+W+Jackson+St,+Macomb, +IL+61455/@40.4639407,-90.6876567,16z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x87e0f0b0302fa50b:0x1 d597cb94e792aed!2m2!1d-90.6850576!2d40.4591126!3e2).

cx500d
September 19th, 2017, 09:14 PM
First actual DQ was in Joliet, IL in 1940. I know Macomb's started in the late '40s but I don't know exactly when. My great uncle was a fairly large franchisee (his first store was the 9th DQ location, in Normal, IL in 1946) and eventually went in with 3 other guys to buy the rights from "Grandpa" McCullough in the 1960s (so, there were already quite a few franchises around the midwest and adjacent regions when this happened), founded International Dairy Queen and became their first President.

So, I kinda have a soft spot for the "old school" Dairy Queen locations. If I ever made the trek up to catch a Bison game at the dome, I'll have to make a point to head over to Moorhead and visit their DQ.

If any of you guys ever come to Macomb for a game in September or early October (since it's outdoor, it's only open from early March to usually around the second week of October), make a stop by our DQ for some post-game ice cream. It's only 3 blocks from campus, about a 3/4 mile walk from the football stadium (https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.4679853,-90.6854049/Dairy+Queen+Ltd+Brazier,+936+W+Jackson+St,+Macomb, +IL+61455/@40.4639407,-90.6876567,16z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x87e0f0b0302fa50b:0x1 d597cb94e792aed!2m2!1d-90.6850576!2d40.4591126!3e2).

Moorhead Dairy queen closes November 1 I believe. Apparently a walk-up Dairy Queen doesn't do to well during the winter on the MN/ND border

Bisonoline
September 19th, 2017, 09:15 PM
The DQ in Walker MN finally went big time. Used to be a seasonal walk up. Not anymore.

Redbird 4th & short
September 19th, 2017, 09:33 PM
Anything northeast of Cedar Falls is practically the Rockies compared to parts of Illinois. It's not too bad on my side, but you get over by the east side...over near ISU and EIU...and it's really damn flat. Same deal...you can see pretty much as far as eyesight allows.

Cut to the chase ... who invented the Blizzard ? I sure hope he got a raise.

cx500d
September 19th, 2017, 09:36 PM
Moorhead Dairy queen closes November 1 I believe. Apparently a walk-up Dairy Queen doesn't do to well during the winter on the MN/ND border

This article discusses how this store makes the most out of its old contract.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/99730-5-throwback-dairy-queen-menu-items-you-can-still-order-if-you-know-where-to

Bisonoline
September 19th, 2017, 10:10 PM
This article discusses how this store makes the most out of its old contract.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/99730-5-throwback-dairy-queen-menu-items-you-can-still-order-if-you-know-where-to

It also has to do with how much their contract is for the Ice Cream mix. If its a grandfathered in original its incredibly lower than a new franchisee costs.

CappinHard
September 20th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Is that why Brookings has a hard time selling out football games? Why they have to beg corporations to buy out remaining tickets so the mean ol' Bison fans don't buy them?

NDSU fans can drive hundreds of miles to sell out their stadium but it is too much to expect their fans to drive an hour to do the same? Smh....

It comes down to history. SDSU doesn't have the rich championship history that NDSU does. Regardless of Fargo's large metro area, if NDSU didn't have any nattys, the stadium wouldn't be full. It's simple. Hopefully SDSU can win 1 or 2, then we'll see if we can fill the stadium regularly. Even then, you have to span success across multiple generations like NDSU has to be able to build that strong of a loyal fan base. You can argue about populations all you want (I do think SDSU is at a population disadvantage), but the main driving factor is history.

Sycamore62
September 20th, 2017, 08:41 AM
The Original Jimmy Johns is here in Charleston. Legend/rumors have it that back in the day the "special" was a sandwich with a side of weed. I dont think i have ever heard if that is actually true but I've heard it from people that would have been smoking it during that era.

it would have been more profitable if the weed would have been delivered first then the sandwich order could be amended to include more food later

Sycamore62
September 20th, 2017, 08:45 AM
It comes down to history. SDSU doesn't have the rich championship history that NDSU does. Regardless of Fargo's large metro area, if NDSU didn't have any nattys, the stadium wouldn't be full. It's simple. Hopefully SDSU can win 1 or 2, then we'll see if we can fill the stadium regularly. Even then, you have to span success across multiple generations like NDSU has to be able to build that strong of a loyal fan base. You can argue about populations all you want (I do think SDSU is at a population disadvantage), but the main driving factor is history.

ISUb used to get sell out crowds back in the day. That included visitor side bleachers that probably held 6000. We used to get 18k to games and that was before and after the Larry Bird era. Aside from a few years I dont think that we were national contenders. Do any other schools have the same history?

underdawg
September 20th, 2017, 09:05 AM
When I lived in Abingdon Illinois (near galesburg and Peoria) we had a DQ in the early 1950's---my buddy's Dad ran it---I think it was five cents for a big cone

Southern Bison
September 20th, 2017, 09:33 AM
As long as you're talking about pineapple like they make it at the Brazilian places... Roasted with cinnamon and sugar brushed on.

http://brazilgrillrestaurant.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Brazilian-Steakhouse-Pineapple.jpgBest pineapple ever!

Now I'm seriously craving a trip to a Brazilian steakhouse.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

UNIFanSince1983
September 20th, 2017, 10:46 AM
The DQ in Walker MN finally went big time. Used to be a seasonal walk up. Not anymore.

There are no walk up DQ's here in Lincoln (that I have found) and it is disappointing. All these new DQ Grill and Chills are not the same as the walk up. The quality isn't there.

ST_Lawson
September 20th, 2017, 12:53 PM
The Original Jimmy Johns is here in Charleston. Legend/rumors have it that back in the day the "special" was a sandwich with a side of weed. I dont think i have ever heard if that is actually true but I've heard it from people that would have been smoking it during that era.

it would have been more profitable if the weed would have been delivered first then the sandwich order could be amended to include more food later

We stopped by the JJ's there when we were over for the game last year. It's a new building, but isn't the original building right near there (or was in that location, but torn down)?
Macomb's JJ's was the second JJ's location. I remember eating there back in the late '80s. I was too young at the time to know about any "specials" though.

Cut to the chase ... who invented the Blizzard ? I sure hope he got a raise.

http://wqad.com/2016/12/14/man-who-invented-blizzard-machine-remembered-for-his-hard-work-and-family-values/

Sycamore62
September 20th, 2017, 12:59 PM
We stopped by the JJ's there when we were over for the game last year. It's a new building, but isn't the original building right near there (or was in that location, but torn down)?
Macomb's JJ's was the second JJ's location. I remember eating there back in the late '80s. I was too young at the time to know about any "specials" though.

the original is still there (or at least the only one that's been here since 2000 when i moved here). Its east across 4th st and in the "strip mall" behind the "strip mall" on Rt16

ST_Lawson
September 20th, 2017, 01:02 PM
the original is still there (or at least the only one that's been here since 2000 when i moved here). Its east across 4th st and in the "strip mall" behind the "strip mall" on Rt16

Is that across the street from the Panther Paw?

Sycamore62
September 20th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Is that across the street from the Panther Paw?

yes, connected to the building that used to be la bambas which is now some sort of other Mexican restaurant. I think JJs was last a tattoo shop.

344Johnson
September 20th, 2017, 02:04 PM

I'm sure history is a part... but if you put NDSU in Jamestown...i doubt its selling out a FargoDome sized venue either.

CappinHard
September 20th, 2017, 02:17 PM
I'm sure history is a part... but if you put NDSU in Jamestown...i doubt its selling out a FargoDome sized venue either.

I agree, they would definitely have a lot better chance than SDSU does right now though. The point is, Bison fans are stupid for trying to draw comparisons and say that SDSU should be selling out every game just like NDSU does.

Sycamore62
September 20th, 2017, 02:19 PM
I agree, they would definitely have a lot better chance than SDSU does right now though. The point is, Bison fans are stupid for trying to draw comparisons and say that SDSU should be selling out every game just like NDSU does.

What's attendance for other programs that were successful for long periods of time. What was NDSU's attendance comparisons to when they had down years?

Professor Chaos
September 20th, 2017, 02:41 PM
Yeah, they would... right now at least. Although to make it a more apt comparison between Brookings and Sioux Falls this Fargodome sized venue would be in Wahpeton (the Wahpe-dome!).

That one would also be sold out.

Thumper 76
September 20th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Yeah, they would... right now at least. Although to make it a more apt comparison between Brookings and Sioux Falls this Fargodome sized venue would be in Wahpeton (the Wahpe-dome!).

That one would also be sold out.

Well yeah, funny how 5 straight nattys will do that for you.

IBleedYellow
September 20th, 2017, 04:04 PM

http://i.imgur.com/hqSMMjR.jpg

:D

And pre-emptive:

http://www.bisonillustrated.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Dakota-Marker-Trophy-2015-Bison-Win.jpg

Professor Chaos
September 20th, 2017, 04:08 PM

It's chicken and egg syndrome. It's well publicized that back in the 60s some old rich dudes decided to invest a bunch money into a decrepit NDSU football program. Couple that with the arrival of HoF coach Darrell Mudra (and some luck) and the rest is history. Point being you need support to build tradition.... not the other way around. Like I said SDSU and USD both support basketball at a level I wish NDSU could get to and neither team has won any national titles recently in those sports.

GodHelpTheBears
September 20th, 2017, 04:28 PM
It's chicken and egg syndrome. It's well publicized that back in the 60s some old rich dudes decided to invest a bunch money into a decrepit NDSU football program. Couple that with the arrival of HoF coach Darrell Mudra (and some luck) and the rest is history. Point being you need support to build tradition.... not the other way around. Like I said SDSU and USD both support basketball at a level I wish NDSU could get to and neither team has won any national titles recently in those sports.

I think it's also a case of what the fan base prioritizes, and not just in the obvious sense. The main conversation around football here and now is about why the students aren't showing up.

Let me repeat that: those who care about football at Missouri State in Springfield are most concerned with why students aren't attending the games. Apparently there isn't an extremely obvious answer given to them on a weekly basis during football season.

Professor Chaos
September 20th, 2017, 04:33 PM
I think it's also a case of what the fan base prioritizes, and not just in the obvious sense. The main conversation around football here and now is about why the students aren't showing up.

Let me repeat that: those who care about football at Missouri State in Springfield are most concerned with why students aren't attending the games. Apparently there isn't an extremely obvious answer given to them on a weekly basis during football season.
Yep, agreed. Missouri St has a pretty good following for basketball though correct? It just seems like universities at this level can't support both revenue sports equally well for some reason. It's just in the culture that if you're fan of NDSU athletics that football is #1 and everything else is a distant #2 at best.

GodHelpTheBears
September 20th, 2017, 04:35 PM
Yep, agreed. Missouri St has a pretty good following for basketball though correct? It just seems like universities at this level can't support both revenue sports equally well for some reason. It's just in the culture that if you're fan of NDSU athletics that football is #1 and everything else is a distant #2 at best.

Not really - most basketball games get less than 5,000 paid these days, and the butts in seats count is much lower.

If you mean in terms of donor consideration, then yes, they are generally more willing to contribute to hoops, but we don't have a difference maker like JQH these days.

F'N Hawks
September 20th, 2017, 05:02 PM
Not really - most basketball games get less than 5,000 paid these days, and the butts in seats count is much lower.

If you mean in terms of donor consideration, then yes, they are generally more willing to contribute to hoops, but we don't have a difference maker like JQH these days.

How did you guys look vs Murray State last weekend? Saw you won so that's a good start.

GodHelpTheBears
September 20th, 2017, 05:06 PM
How did you guys look vs Murray State last weekend? Saw you won so that's a good start.

Pretty bad - we won because Murray had a TD return called back. I didn't like our chances in overtime.

I've seen nothing to make me believe we peel off a conference win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 20th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Here is my non-scientific power poll in the Valley right now:

NDSU
USD
SDSU
YSU
Ill State
WIU
SIU
UNI
MSU
Ind State

The Yo Show
September 20th, 2017, 09:45 PM
That seems pretty right, but we shall soon see with the conference play beginning!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2017, 06:14 AM
That seems pretty right, but we shall soon see with the conference play beginning!

No doubt that once Valley play starts that my team positions will definitely change.

YSU has a nice home slate with both SDSU/NDSU going to Youngstown.

Sycamore62
September 22nd, 2017, 08:45 AM

NDSU
USD
SDSU
YSU
Ill State
WIU
SIU
UNI
MSU
Ind State

Indiana State will win at least 2 conference games. Im going with 4

ST_Lawson
September 22nd, 2017, 10:29 AM
My MVFC Week 4 Preview: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/week4-preview/

Redbird 4th & short
September 22nd, 2017, 11:57 AM

NDSU
USD
SDSU
YSU
Ill State
WIU
SIU
UNI
MSU
Ind State

I would move YSU to 5 or 6, and then slide everyone else straight up just the way you have them.

From head to head match up standpoint, I just can't see us losing to and/or finishing behind YSU this year. - though YSU is doing better than I expected - just think we match up too well. Couple weeks ago, I though same of USD .. not as confident now, though still like our chances given how we match up. NDSU is looking stronger than I expected. SDSU is not as dominant as I expected for early going. Still liking WIU same, but USD is now squarely in top 4/5 discussion. SIU and UNI are the question marks at this point, though UNI looks to be sliding at moment. I just don't see how InSU or MoST can do any better than 9/10 given how strong top 8 are this year.

That's my objective take as of week 3. But I still believe my Redbirds will continue to improve and be in the mix for top 2 or 3 by yearend.

Sycamore62
September 22nd, 2017, 02:35 PM
I would move YSU to 5 or 6, and then slide everyone else straight up just the way you have them.

From head to head match up standpoint, I just can't see us losing to and/or finishing behind YSU this year. - though YSU is doing better than I expected - just think we match up too well. Couple weeks ago, I though same of USD .. not as confident now, though still like our chances given how we match up. NDSU is looking stronger than I expected. SDSU is not as dominant as I expected for early going. Still liking WIU same, but USD is now squarely in top 4/5 discussion. SIU and UNI are the question marks at this point, though UNI looks to be sliding at moment. I just don't see how InSU or MoST can do any better than 9/10 given how strong top 8 are this year.

That's my objective take as of week 3. But I still believe my Redbirds will continue to improve and be in the mix for top 2 or 3 by yearend.

Well we sucked last year and beat you so....

GodHelpTheBears
September 22nd, 2017, 04:15 PM
I'd be encouraged by a two score loss. It would be the first proof Stec and his staff have given us that they can improve their team as a season progresses. In 2015 we were rock bottom and stayed there, last year we were not that bad early on and fell back to rock bottom in November.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2017, 08:32 PM

It will definitely change from week to week. I thought it would be fun to throw what I think out there and get some input on what others think.

Preseason I had Ill State #3 in my poll because of what they had coming back on defense. They might even finish #1.

I don't know if SDSU has the defense to carry them to a NC or even a Valley title but it is just the beginning of the conference season.

Honestly, even with my yellow/green glasses on, this Bison team is going to be scary good if they put it all together this year.

The Valley season is going to be a fun ride this year.

GodHelpTheBears
September 23rd, 2017, 01:31 PM
Dave Steckel's Missouri State Bears have yet to score an offensive point against Illinois State.

That would be over his entire time here - the only points we have tallied was a gift safety in 2015.

If this game is still plausibly competitive at 3 pm it will be a minor miracle.

ST_Lawson
September 23rd, 2017, 03:02 PM
If this game is still plausibly competitive at 3 pm it will be a minor miracle.

So what is it if it's 3pm and MSU is leading?

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 03:10 PM
So what is it if it's 3pm and MSU is leading?

Then this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4911894/Christian-numerologist-predicted-world-s-end-Saturday.html

ST_Lawson
September 23rd, 2017, 03:28 PM
Then this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4911894/Christian-numerologist-predicted-world-s-end-Saturday.html

Bears and Redbirds tied going into halftime?

Yea...apocalypse seems likely.

GodHelpTheBears
September 23rd, 2017, 03:31 PM

Well, we still haven't successfully completed a kick for points against the Redbirds during the Stec era

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 03:33 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/09/22/doomsday-is-not-on-saturday-after-all-writer-says-after-predicting-end-world.html

Updated prediction about our impending doom due to Missery State showing up.

*This is not a political or religious post by any means, just a fun joke poking at Missery State and their constant ineptness*

ST_Lawson
September 23rd, 2017, 04:21 PM
ISU now up by 21. Apocalypse averted...or at least rescheduled until the Sycamores beat a Dakota team.

GodHelpTheBears
September 23rd, 2017, 04:22 PM
ISU now up by 21. Apocalypse averted...or at least rescheduled until the Sycamores beat a Dakota team.

I have wasted a quarter century on the same old ****. Please call a paddy wagon to carry my mentally ill ass to the sanitarium.

ST_Lawson
September 23rd, 2017, 04:26 PM
I have wasted a quarter century on the same old ****. Please call a paddy wagon to carry my mentally ill ass to the sanitarium.

You have my sympathy. As a lifelong Cubs fan, I am familiar with years and years of ineptness (yes, I know they're good now, but for the first ~37 years of my life, they were very much not).

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 04:27 PM

I am just glad we averted the doomsday. I enjoy life as it is right meow.

GodHelpTheBears
September 23rd, 2017, 04:28 PM
You have my sympathy. As a lifelong Cubs fan, I am familiar with years and years of ineptness (yes, I know they're good now, but for the first ~37 years of my life, they were very much not).

Our team ain't never goin' nowhere. Even the Cubs had a professional apparatus in which to improve their team. We're useless and hopeless.

GodHelpTheBears
September 23rd, 2017, 04:37 PM
I am trying to figure out how I, as an alum can help get some adults in the room to put an end to this nonsense, that has literally been going on since the day I was born.

I can't buy my way in, which is unfortunate. I don't know how well a social media thing will work, but I need to start looking for levers.

SDSUAlum08
September 23rd, 2017, 06:32 PM
https://www.facebook.com/barstoolsports/videos/10155837603622502/

I just want to add that I think Casey’s pizza is good.

clenz
September 23rd, 2017, 06:38 PM
A 5.2 is ****ing ridiculous.

Remember, he ranks pizza every where as he thinks of himself as a high class person - while claiming to be of the people. He routinely does tastes tests that brag about a $500 bottle of wine being the only one worth buying.

His cheese reviews are only ever of CHEESE pizza. Not a real pizza. His opinion is mostly invalid. Look at how he's dressed.

Having said that - he isn't entirely wrong about the too much bacon. I've said it here and I'll say it again - there is a bit too much. Maybe part of that, as pointed out in the video, is how bad every casey's is about spreading it around properly. I'll pick a piece out that has less bacon than the others and it's pure heaven.

I love bacon. I always have at least one uncooked package in my house. We make it probably 4 or 5 times a month on average. Use the bacon grease for other things. His point about may as well just eat a couple strips of bacon rather than the pizza isn't entirely wrong.

That said, even the most bacon covered, worst, piece I've had is like a 6.93 on a scale of 10. The average piece is like a 69.3 out of 10

mmiller_34
September 23rd, 2017, 07:57 PM
A 5.2 is ****ing ridiculous.

Remember, he ranks pizza every where as he thinks of himself as a high class person - while claiming to be of the people. He routinely does tastes tests that brag about a $500 bottle of wine being the only one worth buying.

His cheese reviews are only ever of CHEESE pizza. Not a real pizza. His opinion is mostly invalid. Look at how he's dressed.

Having said that - he isn't entirely wrong about the too much bacon. I've said it here and I'll say it again - there is a bit too much. Maybe part of that, as pointed out in the video, is how bad every casey's is about spreading it around properly. I'll pick a piece out that has less bacon than the others and it's pure heaven.

I love bacon. I always have at least one uncooked package in my house. We make it probably 4 or 5 times a month on average. Use the bacon grease for other things. His point about may as well just eat a couple strips of bacon rather than the pizza isn't entirely wrong.

That said, even the most bacon covered, worst, piece I've had is like a 6.93 on a scale of 10. The average piece is like a 69.3 out of 10

Well reasoned post. A 5.2 is highly offensive.

Professor Chaos
September 23rd, 2017, 08:48 PM
Holy **** WIU... way to go obliterating CCU.

6 MVFC teams in the top 10 when the polls come out if Nova loses to Albany???

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2017, 08:49 PM
How freaking good is this conference, WIU bitch slaps CCU, SIU, FREAKING SIU, playing Memphis tough as hell. SDSU, USD, NDSU, ISUr, outside of MSU, there are no patsies in this conference. UNI??, who the hell knows. ISUb should have a couple wins already this year.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 08:54 PM

How freaking good is this conference, WIU bitch slaps CCU, SIU, FREAKING SIU, playing Memphis tough as hell. SDSU, USD, NDSU, ISUr, outside of MSU, there are no patsies in this conference. UNI??, who the hell knows. ISUb should have a couple wins already this year.

Hell if Nova does not lose, I can still find a legitimate way to find 6 in the top 10, keeping JMU, SHSU, and JSU in there.

This might the best year of the MVFC, which could equate to 5-6 bids come playoff time.

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2017, 08:57 PM
Hell if Nova does not lose, I can still find a legitimate way to find 6 in the top 10, keeping JMU, SHSU, and JSU in there.

This might the best year of the MVFC, which could equate to 5-6 bids come playoff time.BS, we will all finish with 6-5 records and get two spots in the playoffs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 23rd, 2017, 09:00 PM

I'll seriously consider it tomorrow morning.

- - - Updated - - -

BS, we will all finish with 6-5 records and get two spots in the playoffs.

UNI wins the conference.....#bookit????

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2017, 09:01 PM

- - - Updated - - -

:DUNI is good at 5-6 and 6-5 records, so I suppose they will be in the hunt.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 09:04 PM
BS, we will all finish with 6-5 records and get two spots in the playoffs.

Oh hell nah!

- - - Updated - - -

#bookit

UNI is good at 5-6 and 6-5 records, so I suppose they will be in the hunt.

Farley finally gets out of his own way by others getting in their own way?

GodHelpTheBears
September 23rd, 2017, 09:17 PM
Meanwhile I'm over here trying to figure out how to instigate a comprehensive turnover of athletic department stakeholders without breaking the law

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 09:20 PM
Meanwhile I'm over here trying to figure out how to instigate a comprehensive turnover of athletic department stakeholders without breaking the law

Hostile Takeover? Publicly funded institution, so buy the capital and force them out.

GodHelpTheBears
September 23rd, 2017, 09:22 PM
Hostile Takeover? Publicly funded institution, so buy the capital and force them out.

All I need to do is talk to Rex Sinquefield? This might be easier than I thought.

He'll have to meet me in Springfield - I'm not going to STL while the roving hordes of bloodthirsty criminal rioters attack neighborhoods and shopping centers.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 09:23 PM
All I need to do is talk to Rex Sinquefield? This might be easier than I thought.

He'll have to meet me in Springfield - I'm not going to STL while the roving hordes of bloodthirsty rioters attack neighborhoods and shopping centers.

I am just here to help.

clenz
September 23rd, 2017, 09:24 PM
UNI is good at 5-6 and 6-5 records, so I suppose they will be in the hunt.
that's happend twice in the last 16 years

GodHelpTheBears
September 23rd, 2017, 09:26 PM
I am just here to help.

I appreciate it. Logistics I can handle - I had to get alcohol from a store shelf into my mouth while being underage through high school and part of college. I like to think I have extensive experience.

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2017, 09:26 PM
Holy crap, I thought this was going to be kind of a ho-hum football day, Albany just beat Nova.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 09:29 PM
I appreciate it. Logistics I can handle - I had to get alcohol from a store shelf into my mouth while being underage through high school and part of college. I like to think I have extensive experience.

You can figure out the logistics, but if it is successful, I want credit for the work, if it goes horribly, I will deny association and anything that may come of it.

Holy crap, I thought this was going to be kind of a ho-hum football day, Albany just beat Nova.

CAA is trying to be a 2-3 bid league.

GodHelpTheBears
September 23rd, 2017, 09:32 PM
You can figure out the logistics, but if it is successful, I want credit for the work, if it goes horribly, I will deny association and anything that may come of it.

Oh, the most likely outcome is that Missouri public universities have funds cut until they can "privately fund" their athletic departments. Since we have a funding gap in the millions for our football team every year, we'll just drop football.

You'd basically speed up something I suspect is going to be suggested soon in Jefferson City anyhow.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 09:35 PM
Oh, the most likely outcome is that Missouri public universities have funds cut until they can "privately fund" their athletic departments. Since we have a funding gap in the millions for our football team every year, we'll just drop football.

You'd basically speed up something I suspect is going to be suggested soon in Jefferson City anyhow.

So hostile takeover it is!

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2017, 09:35 PM
that's happend twice in the last 16 yearsSo you are saying there is a chance.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 09:37 PM
So you are saying there is a chance.

https://i.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpKniGqRNLGBrhu/giphy.webp

You need to gif more often.

GodHelpTheBears
September 23rd, 2017, 09:38 PM
So hostile takeover it is!

The last 3 years have been Bizarro World in Missouri. Time was, I'd think Congressional interest in MSU would be highly detrimental and malicious. In the past, they tried to kneecap us on multiple occasions. FGS, they explicitly banned us from offering professional degrees or doctorates!

After UM-C tried to commit suicide, we've become their favored campus. They've deeply cut funding to the UM system while keeping us mostly intact. I don't know what to think.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 09:41 PM
The last 3 years have been Bizarro World in Missouri. Time was, I'd think Congressional interest in MSU would be highly detrimental and malicious. In the past, they tried to kneecap us on multiple occasions. FGS, they explicitly banned us from offering professional degrees or doctorates!

After UM-C tried to commit suicide, we've become their favored campus. They've deeply cut funding to the UM system while keeping us mostly intact. I don't know what to think.

Columbia is worse than Berkley. They deserve whatever crap comes their way.

GodHelpTheBears
September 23rd, 2017, 09:43 PM
Columbia is worse than Berkley. They deserve whatever crap comes their way.

We thank their continued ineptitude - because of it we are now officially the #1 choice for Missouri high school students taking the ACT.

It's a shame our front porch is in disrepair because the inside of the house looks rather nice these days.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 09:46 PM
We thank their continued ineptitude - because of it we are now officially the #1 choice for Missouri high school students taking the ACT.

It's a shame our front porch is in disrepair because the inside of the house looks rather nice these days.

So what you are saying is you need some WD-40 and Duct Tape (all made in America)?

GodHelpTheBears
September 23rd, 2017, 09:47 PM
So what you are saying is you need some WD-40 and Duct Tape (all made in America)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWHZJjMwjAU

The Yo Show
September 23rd, 2017, 10:04 PM
The color commentators in the Memphis SIU game just talked about how they were not picked very high in the MVFC. And they said, "maybe the media was allowed to vote but the coaches weren't because this is a very good team. Has to be in the top of the conference for the FCS."

Just wanted to throw that in here...

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 10:06 PM
The color commentators in the Memphis SIU game just talked about how they were not picked very high in the MVFC. And they said, "maybe the media was allowed to vote but the coaches weren't because this is a very good team. Has to be in the top of the conference for the FCS."

Further proof the MVFC is tough (based off of how SIU has played), but that the national media knows nothing of the FCS.

GodHelpTheBears
September 23rd, 2017, 10:06 PM

I think our game against them a couple of years ago poisoned the well. They beat us by like 8 TDs.

I'm okay with it now because their defensive coordinator went on to destroy what was left of UM-C's football program. Good for him.

cx500d
September 23rd, 2017, 10:24 PM

This might the best year of the MVFC, which could equate to 5-6 bids come playoff time.

Or five 6-5 teams..::

Edit: ****, POD beats me to this comment
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ST_Lawson
September 23rd, 2017, 10:31 PM
CAA is trying to be a 2-3 bid league.

They're just making room for the 6 MVFC At-Large teams.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2017, 10:37 PM
They're just making room for the 6 MVFC At-Large teams.

I would not complain with that at all, until they put 4 on one side and 3 on the other and then put 4 into the same pod and 3 into the other pod.

Patty V will bend us over and so will the committee. They hate MVFC since they know it is the supreme conference this current decade.

GodHelpTheBears
September 24th, 2017, 08:09 AM
If my guys beat NDSU this week I will post a video of me running a bottle of Bud Light with Lime through my coffeemaker and drinking it hot.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 24th, 2017, 08:10 AM
If my guys beat NDSU this week I will post a video of me running at least one bottle of Bud Light with Lime through my coffeemaker and drinking it hot.

How about streaking thru the "quad and down to the gymnasium" for starters.....xlolx:D........."Old School" style....

GodHelpTheBears
September 24th, 2017, 08:11 AM
How about streaking thru the "quad and down to the gymnasium" for starters.....xlolx:D

Not as humiliating

Bison56
September 24th, 2017, 09:13 AM
If my guys beat NDSU this week I will post a video of me running a bottle of Bud Light with Lime through my coffeemaker and drinking it hot.

Might taste better by doing that.

mvfcfan
September 24th, 2017, 12:12 PM
I'm new to the forum as I just discovered it. I'm glad there are other people that seem to enjoy FCS football as much as I do. Just a small introduction Indiana State is my favorite school. I also follow Eastern Illinois on the side (I consider them my second favorite team). I'm a huge fan of MVFC football hence my username "mvfcfan". I've been making weekly picks on a board called MVCFans, but no one seems to care. In fact most people on the board seem to hate football because they'd rather spend the money on basketball. I'm just glad not everyone thinks like that.

So far on my picks this season I am 27-3 on my picks. The only games I missed were INSTvsEIU, UNIvsIAST, and NDAKvsSDAK. This is probably the best I've ever done on my picks although it does get a lot harder once conference play starts.

I'll be attending the Illinois State / Indiana State game this coming up Saturday. I think the biggest game in the MVFC though is going to be in Youngstown when South Dakota State travels to the Ice Castle.

Hammersmith
September 24th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Don't know if anyone cares, but here are the MVFC OOC results with one game to go (ISUr@NAU in 2 weeks)

MVFC
Overall: 20-9
FCS: 19-4
FBS: 1-5

vs.

Big Sky: 5-2
OVC: 4-1
NEC: 4-0
PFL: 3-0
SWAC: 2-0
BSouth: 1-1

Losses: (FCS/FBS)
ISUb: 3 (2/1)
MSU: 2 (1/1)
UNI: 2 (1/1)
SIU: 1 (0/1)
YSU: 1 (0/1)

MVFC Wins

FBS (1)
Bowling Green (MAC) - USD

FCS (19)
Duquesne (NEC) - SDSU
Tenn Tech (OVC) - WIU
MVSU (SWAC) - NDSU
Butler (PFL) - ISUr
Drake (PFL) - USD
Robert Morris (NEC) - YSU
Eastern Wash (BSC) - NDSU
Cal Poly (BSC) - UNI
MVSU (SWAC) - SIU
Montana St (BSC) - SDSU
Northern AZ (BSC) - WIU
CCSU (NEC) - YSU
Eastern Illinois (OVC) - ISUr
SEMO (OVC) - SIU
North Dakota (BSC) - USD
Murray St (OVC) - MSU
Drake (PFL) - SDSU
Coastal Carolina (BSouth) - WIU
Robert Morris (NEC) - NDSU

MVFC Losses

FBS (5)
Missouri (SEC) - MSU
Pittsburgh (ACC) - YSU
Iowa St (B12) - UNI
Tennessee (SEC) - ISUb
Memphis (AAC) - SIU

FCS (4)
Eastern Illinois (OVC) - ISUb
North Dakota (BSC) - MSU
Liberty (BSouth) -ISUb
Southern Utah (BSC) - UNI

BisonFan02
September 24th, 2017, 01:43 PM
I'm new to the forum as I just discovered it. I'm glad there are other people that seem to enjoy FCS football as much as I do. Just a small introduction Indiana State is my favorite school. I also follow Eastern Illinois on the side (I consider them my second favorite team). I'm a huge fan of MVFC football hence my username "mvfcfan". I've been making weekly picks on a board called MVCFans, but no one seems to care. In fact most people on the board seem to hate football because they'd rather spend the money on basketball. I'm just glad not everyone thinks like that.

So far on my picks this season I am 27-3 on my picks. The only games I missed were INSTvsEIU, UNIvsIAST, and NDAKvsSDAK. This is probably the best I've ever done on my picks although it does get a lot harder once conference play starts.

I'll be attending the Illinois State / Indiana State game this coming up Saturday. I think the biggest game in the MVFC though is going to be in Youngstown when South Dakota State travels to the Ice Castle.

You'll fit in well here..... :D Welcome to AGS.

Thumper 76
September 24th, 2017, 01:51 PM
You'll fit in well here..... :D Welcome to AGS.

Maybe, has anyone asked him the password question?

In one word, describe how you feel about Casey's Breakfast Pizza.

cx500d
September 24th, 2017, 01:54 PM

Hint: #NotAPizza

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 01:54 PM

Meth

Schism55
September 24th, 2017, 01:55 PM

Welcome to the pirate ship! (copyright Adam Carolla)

Sycamore62
September 24th, 2017, 03:50 PM

Ill vouch for him.

Sycamore62
September 24th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Speaking of ISU vs ISU, can any redbird fans tell me if there will be a problem getting tickets? I’m likely heading up. Is the seating reserved ir kind of reserved. I like to sit where i can see but not in the middle of opposing fans. Last time I was there i sat on the former wooden bleachers.

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Ill vouch for him.

So Extra Bacon or Sausage Breakfast Pizza

ST_Lawson
September 24th, 2017, 04:07 PM
I'm a huge fan of MVFC football hence my username "mvfcfan". I've been making weekly picks on a board called MVCFans, but no one seems to care. In fact most people on the board seem to hate football because they'd rather spend the money on basketball. I'm just glad not everyone thinks like that..

Welcome, and yea, you're not going to get much traction on MVCFans. That's a board pretty much dedicated to talking about the Missouri Valley Conference, half of which has an active disdain for all things college football (since they don't have football teams and are therefore "better" than everyone else apparently).

AGS is the place that us actual fans of Missouri Valley Football Conference generally gather. I write MVFC weekly previews and reviews over on The FCS Wedge (the blog run by a bunch of the people here at AGS), that you can check out here: http://thefcswedge.com/category/mvfc/

skinny_uncle
September 24th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Welcome, and yea, you're not going to get much traction on MVCFans. That's a board pretty much dedicated to talking about the Missouri Valley Conference, half of which has an active disdain for all things college football (since they don't have football teams and are therefore "better" than everyone else apparently).

AGS is the place that us actual fans of Missouri Valley Football Conference generally gather. I write MVFC weekly previews and reviews over on The FCS Wedge (the blog run by a bunch of the people here at AGS), that you can check out here: http://thefcswedge.com/category/mvfc/

ValleyTalk was worse.

The Pud
September 24th, 2017, 07:18 PM
I cannot believe I read 40 pages of this thread today. WTF

GodHelpTheBears
September 24th, 2017, 07:34 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpdh-DS5Aa0

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 24th, 2017, 07:59 PM

Valley guys are way more interesting than the other riff/raff fans of the other conferences on here....xthumbsupx

GodHelpTheBears
September 24th, 2017, 08:02 PM
Valley guys are way more interesting than the other riff/raff fans of the other conferences on here....xthumbsupx

There are various narratives woven in, different perspectives from a distinct place and time...it's almost like a crowdsourced attempt to write a Tolstoy novel.

My character, already mentally shaky, teeters over the edge after yet another lost season. His somewhat cogent arguments are reduced to blabber, then simple reposts of old Casey's General store commercials.

mvfcfan
September 24th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes.

IBleedYellow
September 24th, 2017, 09:28 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes.I'm on Tapatalk. Whose your team?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dewey
September 24th, 2017, 09:29 PM
I'm on Tapatalk. Whose your team?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It says in "My Team"...Indiana State.

Dewey

mvfcfan
September 24th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Yep I've been a Sycamore fan my whole life. I'm a season ticket holder for football (even though my work schedule sometimes doesn't allow me to go the games). I also go to all the basketball and baseball games I can.

Back in 2010 I started following Eastern Illinois too, since they are only a little over an hour away from my hometown of Terre Haute. I decided to go to their game against Jacksonville State (JSU had beat Ole Miss in 2OT) because I wanted to watch the Gamecocks play. So EIU has been my second favorite team ever since then. I actually went to their game last weekend against Illinois State. I'll basically go to EIU games when INST is playing an away game too far away to go to and if I'm not working. As of this past season I started going to some of their basketball games too. Once again it was because I wanted to see a certain team play (Murray State). But then I ended up going to about 5 or 6 of their home basketball games after that.

I'm pretty excited that Indiana State and Eastern Illinois have finally renewed our old football rivalry. Unfortunately it didn't go the Sycamores way, but I bet we get them next year. I think we picked up a pretty good head coach. Our players just need more time to develop and to learn the new system. But we seem more organized this year. I think if we win more than 2 games this year though we will be overachieving.

I'm traveling to Normal this coming up weekend to support my Sycamores. Illinois State has a really really good defense. Their offense is kind of iffy at times which will be good for us.

Now I noticed that there is a Sycamore fan on here that is from Charleston, IL. His views on EIU might be totally different than mine. I personally like both schools. Let me be clear though, I'll cheer for EIU whenever they play anyone except ISU. When they play the Sycamores there is no lost love for the Panthers. The EIU history for me is just a little bit longer because I don't remember a time when I was not an Indiana State fan.

But besides INST and EIU, I follow the rest of the MVFC very closely and some of the top FCS schools. I also vaguely follow the OVC, because of Eastern.

Thumper 76
September 24th, 2017, 10:19 PM
Ill vouch for him.

I'll allow it, I guess....

TheKingpin28
September 24th, 2017, 10:30 PM
I'll allow it, I guess....

Who made you the MVFC 2017 - Brought to you by Casey's Pizza king of this thread?

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2017, 10:39 PM
It says in "My Team"...Indiana State.

Dewey

That stuff doesn't show up on Tapatalk

Sycamore62
September 24th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Who made you the MVFC 2017 - Brought to you by Casey's Pizza king of this thread?

The Electoral College

POD Knows
September 25th, 2017, 06:32 AM
Who made you the MVFC 2017 - Brought to you by Casey's Pizza king of this thread?His height?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 25th, 2017, 06:36 AM
The Electoral College

Well played!

xthumbsupx

ST_Lawson
September 25th, 2017, 09:18 AM
MVFC Week 4 in Review: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-4-in-review/

mvfcfan
September 25th, 2017, 09:37 AM
I thought I posted this last night, but I guess it just didn't go through. (I'm guessing my third post doesn't get auto moderated since my second one didn't. I apologize if I'm maybe accidentally posting something twice.)

I've been an Indiana State fan my whole life. I'm from Terre Haute and I go to every football and basketball game I can. Sometimes my work schedule doesn't allow me to go though. I even started going to baseball games this past season. Generally I'm not a big baseball fan, but college baseball seems better. There's more scoring, more action, etc. Either that or I actually care about the game since a team is actually playing that I care about.

In 2010 I started rooting for Eastern Illinois as well. They were playing Jacksonville State (the year they beat Ole Miss in 2OT) and I wanted to see them play. So ever since that day EIU has been my second favorite team. I actually went to their game when they played Illinois State 2 weekends ago. I generally go to their football games if they are at home and if ISU is on the road. I go to a lot of EIU's basketball games as well.

To be clear though I'll root for EIU when they play any team in the country, but there is no lost love for them when they play ISU.

Now I have no idea how the Sycamore fan on here that is from Charleston (where EIU is located) feels about Eastern. He might hate them for all I know. I've found them pretty easy to support though. They're a small school like ISU and I have a pretty good time when I go over there. Their colors are also blue and white. :D

UNIFanSince1983
September 25th, 2017, 11:05 AM
I can't say that is he wrong when I calls the bacon "too bacony". I mean everyone knows the sausage is the superior Casey's Breakfast Pizza.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/barstool-pizza-review-caseys-breakfast-pizza-iowa-cityiowa/

Professor Chaos
September 25th, 2017, 11:10 AM
I can't say that is he wrong when I calls the bacon "too bacony". I mean everyone knows the sausage is the superior Casey's Breakfast Pizza.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/barstool-pizza-review-caseys-breakfast-pizza-iowa-cityiowa/
Sausage is the superior breakfast meat so it's only natural.

Bison56
September 25th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Sausage is the superior breakfast meat so it's only natural.

That is a fact.

Yote 53
September 25th, 2017, 11:22 AM
I concur.

neverobeyed
September 25th, 2017, 11:23 AM

I think I heard somewhere that Casey's is a convenience store ...

Redbird 4th & short
September 25th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Well we sucked last year and beat you so....
our suck was just worse than your suck that day .. but Kolbe didn't play 1st half and we had no 2nd string QB even close to ready to play last year. So Kolbe came in 2nd half and lit up (25-32 for 258 yards), but we fell short.

But here we come this Saturday .. excuses and all !!!!! xdrunkyx

Hambone
September 25th, 2017, 11:37 AM
We've got a Casey's opening up in a few weeks - looking forward to trying the pizza.......

POD Knows
September 25th, 2017, 11:54 AM
We've got a Casey's opening up in a few weeks - looking forward to trying the pizza.......Be prepared to be let down, hell, what am I saying, you are a UND football fan. This will be just one more of life's disappointments. :D

IBleedYellow
September 25th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Big reason for NDSU's success:

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4332556-big-bison-bucks-ndsu-athletics-booster-club-reaches-unforeseen-funds

Professor Chaos
September 25th, 2017, 12:48 PM
Looking down the MVFC schedule the rest of the season this is the definition of intra-conference cannibalization. That's bound to happen when you have 6 of 10 teams in the top 10 (according to the AGS week 4 poll) but this is just crazy:

Week 5: #9 WIU @ #7 USD, #3 SDSU @ #6 YSU
Week 6: #6 YSU @ #7 USD
Week 7: #2 NDSU @ #6 YSU
Week 8: #7 USD @ #10 ISUr, #9 WIU @ #2 NDSU
Week 9: #10 ISUr @ #6 YSU, #3 SDSU @ #9 WIU
Week 10: #9 WIU @ #10 ISUr, #2 NDSU @ #3 SDSU
Week 11: #10 ISUr @ #3 SDSU, #7 USD @ #2 NDSU
Week 12: #2 NDSU @ #10 ISUr, #3 SDSU @ #7 USD

Obviously those rankings will change but when you've got 2 top 10 matchups pretty much every week as of right now it's going to be a fun conference season. :)

EDIT: Just noticed that Illinois St faces all 5 of the other current top 10 teams in a row between weeks 8 and 12... yikes!

mvfcfan
September 25th, 2017, 01:12 PM
6 MVFC teams in Top 13 of STATS poll!

Winterborn
September 25th, 2017, 01:25 PM
We've got a Casey's opening up in a few weeks - looking forward to trying the pizza.......

Be prepared to be let down, hell, what am I saying, you are a UND football fan. This will be just one more of life's disappointments. :D

UND is so bad right now, even Casey's pizza is rated higher than them.

dustinthorn93
September 25th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Is the USD 38 pt win over UND more impressive than the 42 pt WIU over Coastal win? Honestly just wondering.

POD Knows
September 25th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Is the USD 38 pt win over UND more impressive than the 42 pt WIU over Coastal win? Honestly just wondering.At the time that USD beat UND, yea probably, but the dumpster fire that is UND football reared it's ugly head against MSU and now it just looks like UND sucks and deserved the beat down that they got, they were the defending BSC champions and usually, you don't tank that fast in one year.

Thumper 76
September 25th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Is the USD 38 pt win over UND more impressive than the 42 pt WIU over Coastal win? Honestly just wondering.

It was last week. It's not now.

clenz
September 25th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Currently?

No.

Not really sure it's close.

WIU has 3 road wins including a 42 point win over a team with 22 more scholarships and was a top 5 team when they were FCS a very short time ago.

BisonTru
September 25th, 2017, 02:48 PM
It was last week. It's not now.

Well to be fair that result didn't exist last week.

Personally I haven't had USD above WIU from the start till now.

Thumper 76
September 25th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Well to be fair that result didn't exist last week.

Personally I haven't had USD above WIU from the start till now.

That seems wrong considering what we learned about the win for USeD over UND and seeing WIU crush CCU.

BisonTru
September 25th, 2017, 03:19 PM
That seems wrong considering what we learned about the win for USeD over UND and seeing WIU crush CCU.

I prolly didn't word that the best. I have had Western above USD all year and currently do as well.

Yotes21
September 25th, 2017, 03:24 PM

The great thing is we will find out on Saturday. Personally I would not put USD above WIU, YSU, or Illinois State at this point.

Thumper 76
September 25th, 2017, 03:38 PM
The great thing is we will find out on Saturday. Personally I would not put USD above WIU, YSU, or Illinois State at this point.

We are going to find out a LOT about most MVFC teams. xnodx

Redbird 4th & short
September 25th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Looking down the MVFC schedule the rest of the season this is the definition of intra-conference cannibalization. That's bound to happen when you have 6 of 10 teams in the top 10 (according to the AGS week 4 poll) but this is just crazy:

Week 5: #9 WIU @ #7 USD, #3 SDSU @ #6 YSU
Week 6: #6 YSU @ #7 USD
Week 7: #2 NDSU @ #6 YSU
Week 8: #7 USD @ #10 ISUr, #9 WIU @ #2 NDSU
Week 9: #10 ISUr @ #6 YSU, #3 SDSU @ #9 WIU
Week 10: #9 WIU @ #10 ISUr, #2 NDSU @ #3 SDSU
Week 11: #10 ISUr @ #3 SDSU, #7 USD @ #2 NDSU
Week 12: #2 NDSU @ #10 ISUr, #3 SDSU @ #7 USD

Obviously those rankings will change but when you've got 2 top 10 matchups pretty much every week as of right now it's going to be a fun conference season. :)

EDIT: Just noticed that Illinois St faces all 5 of the other current top 10 teams in a row between weeks 8 and 12... yikes!

yep, we've had our eye on that 5 game slate for a while now .. and now it is up to all 5 being top 10 teams: USD home, YSU road, WIU home, SDSU road, and just in case that wasn't enough .. then we play NDSU home. Startin gthe year, i really liked our chances against USD, YSU, WIU .. then figured SDSU and NDSU would be the real challenges ... but things change apparently.

We need to be 6-0 heading into the last 5 weeks .. then we take our best shot each week from there . winning just 2, means 8-3; winning 3, means 9-2, and so on. I really like that we have USD and WIU at home, and feel like we match up very well with YSU on road.

But this has to be the hardest 5 game slate ever .. right ?? Per above poll, we go against #7, #6, #9, #3, and then #2 .. and then if we do well enough, the playoff grind !!

GodHelpTheBears
September 25th, 2017, 04:11 PM
I think I heard somewhere that Casey's is a convenience store ...

A convenience store AND​ a whole lot more

ST_Lawson
September 25th, 2017, 04:30 PM

I'd put USD ahead of Illinois State....maybe YSU too. Nothing they've done has really impressed me a ton yet (no big negatives yet, but also no big positives yet). USD has impressed me so far. I think we have a slight advantage, but it's close. I don't fault anyone for putting WIU and USD at around 9 and 10...either order.

UNIFanSince1983
September 25th, 2017, 04:40 PM

Watch any of Arch Madness on TV and you will hear that way more than you ever wanted to.

GodHelpTheBears
September 25th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Watch any of Arch Madness on TV and you will hear that way more than you ever wanted to.

It's hard for me to find time to tune in on a Thursday night

Thumper 76
September 25th, 2017, 06:09 PM
I prolly didn't word that the best. I have had Western above USD all year and currently do as well.

Ok that makes sense

PantherRob82
September 25th, 2017, 07:09 PM

Better than County Hearth(?) bread with rrrrraisin juice.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you order a casey's bacon breakfast pizza with pineapple?

TheKingpin28
September 25th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Better than County Hearth(?) bread with rrrrraisin juice.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you order a casey's bacon breakfast pizza with pineapple?

That would be pure meth!

PantherRob82
September 25th, 2017, 07:25 PM
That would be pure meth!

I'm going to have to do it.

TheKingpin28
September 25th, 2017, 07:27 PM
I'm going to have to do it.

Make sure to send an invite when that happens.

cx500d
September 25th, 2017, 07:50 PM

#NotAPizza

cx500d
September 25th, 2017, 07:50 PM
UND is so bad right now, even Casey's pizza is rated higher than them.

That’s not saying much

BisonFan02
September 25th, 2017, 07:53 PM
That’s not saying much

?

https://seeklogo.com/images/P/Piccadilly_Circus_Pizza-logo-4C9C13A8AB-seeklogo.com.gif

TheKingpin28
September 25th, 2017, 08:06 PM
?

https://seeklogo.com/images/P/Piccadilly_Circus_Pizza-logo-4C9C13A8AB-seeklogo.com.gif

Insert image of domestic draft beer and then I would start eating it.

Redbird 4th & short
September 25th, 2017, 08:45 PM

at the risk of getting banned from AGS ... we're talking about a gas station .. right ??

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4Fp4XJWPLMkYFiLNNxT1LsB6VD906M DxTBaO9I0jP3f1q8s7L (https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cspdailynews.com%2F sites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fstyles%2Fenhanced_slides how%2Fpublic%2Fcaseys-general-store-outside-pumps-lighting-885_2.jpg%3Fitok%3DZTZ4YNsR&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cspdailynews.com%2Findu stry-news-analysis%2Fcorporate-news%2Farticles%2Fcasey-s-lays-out-goals-2018&docid=gADLJcpGEPiQmM&tbnid=YZc6A_5lUV71rM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwisiJLU3MHWAhWnhVQKHfVcC-MQMwhnKBIwEg..i&w=885&h=524&client=safari&bih=816&biw=1199&q=casey%27s%20general%20store&ved=0ahUKEwisiJLU3MHWAhWnhVQKHfVcC-MQMwhnKBIwEg&iact=mrc&uact=8)

TheKingpin28
September 25th, 2017, 08:51 PM
at the risk of getting banned from AGS ... we're talking about a gas station .. right ??

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4Fp4XJWPLMkYFiLNNxT1LsB6VD906M DxTBaO9I0jP3f1q8s7L (https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cspdailynews.com%2F sites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fstyles%2Fenhanced_slides how%2Fpublic%2Fcaseys-general-store-outside-pumps-lighting-885_2.jpg%3Fitok%3DZTZ4YNsR&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cspdailynews.com%2Findu stry-news-analysis%2Fcorporate-news%2Farticles%2Fcasey-s-lays-out-goals-2018&docid=gADLJcpGEPiQmM&tbnid=YZc6A_5lUV71rM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwisiJLU3MHWAhWnhVQKHfVcC-MQMwhnKBIwEg..i&w=885&h=524&client=safari&bih=816&biw=1199&q=casey%27s%20general%20store&ved=0ahUKEwisiJLU3MHWAhWnhVQKHfVcC-MQMwhnKBIwEg&iact=mrc&uact=8)

and a whole lot more.

Redbird 4th & short
September 25th, 2017, 09:03 PM
and a whole lot more.
so like slushies and bad hot dogs that have been on the rollers for over 24 hours ?

TheKingpin28
September 25th, 2017, 09:07 PM
so like slushies and bad hot dogs that have been on the rollers for over 24 hours ?

Nah that would be 7/11

cx500d
September 25th, 2017, 09:08 PM
On the east coast the have a gas station chain called WaWa.... it might be better than caseys

TheKingpin28
September 25th, 2017, 09:12 PM
On the east coast the have a gas station chain called WaWa.... it might be better than caseys

Blasphemy

BisonFan02
September 25th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Blasphemy

He's not wrong....WaWa is the bomb.

FargoBison
September 25th, 2017, 09:18 PM
Casey's has great sausage breakfast pizza and it is about the only reason to set foot in the place. So I'm not shocked that WaWa is better.

PantherRob82
September 25th, 2017, 09:20 PM
Kwik Star smacks Casey's in the face with a wet phallis.

cx500d
September 25th, 2017, 09:27 PM
Kwik Star smacks Casey's in the face with a wet phallis.

My parents swear by the milk in a bag at kwik trip

POD Knows
September 25th, 2017, 10:01 PM
Casey's has great sausage breakfast pizza and it is about the only reason to set foot in the place. So I'm not shocked that WaWa is better.WaWa is a 5 star operation compared to Casey's. I don't want to piss off our non-paying thread sponsor but Casey's is low rent, you can order a sandwich on a computer at WaWa.

Seeing as how we are talking about convenience stores, the best one I have been to in a long time is this place by the St Regis exit on I-90 northwest of Missoula. That place kicked ass.

GodHelpTheBears
September 25th, 2017, 10:22 PM
I don't know what is weirder, having pizza delivered from a gas station or buying gallons of milk from a fast food burger joint

cx500d
September 25th, 2017, 10:35 PM
WaWa is a 5 star operation compared to Casey's. I don't want to piss off our non-paying thread sponsor but Casey's is low rent, you can order a sandwich on a computer at WaWa.

Seeing as how we are talking about convenience stores, the best one I have been to in a long time is this place by the St Regis exit on I-90 northwest of Missoula. That place kicked ass.

I’ll go with ordering a tasty sandwich from a computer for $500, Alex.

ST_Lawson
September 25th, 2017, 10:56 PM
I’ll go with ordering a tasty sandwich from a computer for $500, Alex.

That better be a damn good sandwich for $500.

https://thesandwichclub.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/pulledpork1.jpg

CappinHard
September 26th, 2017, 12:31 AM
I can't speak to Hot Stuff's breakfast pizza, but I would much rather have their regular pizza than Casey's if gas station pizza was the only option. Their personal pizzas are legit. Not sure if the merits of Hot Stuff Pizza has been vetted on here in the past, but they would be at the top of my gas station pizza list.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyssfPmu0VX4aYo4cyfK4c45v9N2xWW 4HxcVA59vsm_aveO9GEXw

Bisonoline
September 26th, 2017, 12:32 AM
I can't speak to Hot Stuff's breakfast pizza, but I would much rather have their regular pizza than Casey's if gas station pizza was the only option. Their personal pizzas are legit. Not sure if the merits of Hot Stuff Pizza has been vetted on here in the past, but they would be at the top of my gas station pizza list.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyssfPmu0VX4aYo4cyfK4c45v9N2xWW 4HxcVA59vsm_aveO9GEXw

I agree. The personals arent bad. But when you move on to the bigger sizes they lose something. They just dont seem as good.

Bisonoline
September 26th, 2017, 12:35 AM
For the best hot food and pastries you gotta go to QT.

Thumper 76
September 26th, 2017, 12:36 AM
Blasphemy
Accurate

He's not wrong....WaWa is the bomb.
Been there. You're wrong. It's decent.

Kwik Trip is dope.

Negative. Gimme a Casey's wayyyy before a hot stuff. Don't get me wrong, it's decent, but not Casey's good.

BisonFan02
September 26th, 2017, 12:40 AM
Accurate

Been there. You're wrong. It's decent.

Kwik Trip is dope.

Negative. Gimme a Casey's wayyyy before a hot stuff. Don't get me wrong, it's decent, but not Casey's good.

Wawa and Sheetz alone are almost enough to entice me to move back east. Casey's pizza will push a turd.

Professor Chaos
September 26th, 2017, 07:09 AM
It's not gas station pizza but one place I forgot about until they opened a store about a 3 minute drive from my house is Papa Murphy's (take and bake). The Cowboy (pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, black olives, and permesian) is glorious as long as you don't overcook it.

dewey
September 26th, 2017, 07:10 AM
Here is a Bison Media Blog video previewing the Missouri State game and other Valley games.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/bison-video-blog-missouri-state-preview-3/

Dom Izzo and Jeff Kolpack provide the best coverage of the any FCS team and the entire FCS.

Dewey

ST_Lawson
September 26th, 2017, 07:13 AM
Here is a Bison Media Blog video previewing the Missouri State game and other Valley games.

http://gobison.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=46&path=football

Dewey

Something isn't quite right with that link, I think.

UNIFanSince1983
September 26th, 2017, 07:15 AM

http://gobison.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=46&path=football

Dom Izzo and Jeff Kolpack provide the best coverage of the any FCS team and the entire FCS.

Dewey

I mean it is cool to relive the 2009 Bizon season schedule, but I am not sure that is what you were going for...

dewey
September 26th, 2017, 07:33 AM
Something isn't quite right with that link, I think.

I mean it is cool to relive the 2009 Bizon season schedule, but I am not sure that is what you were going for...

Dang you guys are quick this morningxdrunkyx

My apologies. Wrong link. It has ben corrected.

Dewey

Sycamore62
September 26th, 2017, 08:28 AM
That would be pure meth!

You sir have clearly not had pure meth.

Winterborn
September 26th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Wawa and Sheetz alone are almost enough to entice me to move back east. Casey's pizza will push a turd.

That is being generous. Casey's pizza is bland. When I have to add stuff to it to actually give it some taste, I am going to have to pass on it. If one were to spread some weak tomato sauce on a piece of leather that has been soaked for a few days in water I imagine one would have a fair approximation of a Casey's pizza.

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2017, 08:50 AM
Kwik Trip/Kwik Star kills QT

neverobeyed
September 26th, 2017, 09:44 AM

Ain't that right, Lamar?

Yote84
September 26th, 2017, 10:06 AM

The WIU win is more impressive. Even if UND beats Montana State last weekend it's more impressive to me based on a school that has a good FCS history on top of the increased number of scholarships CC has already.

It's hard for me to judge if WIU is going to be a dominant team this year. Winning 3 games on the road to start the season is very tough. But the combined records of those teams are 2-8. The two wins were Northern Arizona beating Cal Poly who are (0-4) 28-10.The other was Coastal Carolina beating Umass who are (0-5) 38-28.

UNIFanSince1983
September 26th, 2017, 10:53 AM
That is the same UMass team that almost beat Tennessee though.

TheKingpin28
September 26th, 2017, 04:08 PM
You sir have clearly not had pure meth.

xchinscratchx

My veins are clean

BisonTru
September 26th, 2017, 06:37 PM

Hot stuff? That 4 inch round pile of mostly soggy dough with some sauce enough cheese to say it has cheese and one pepperoni in the center. That's being compared to eggs, mountains of cheese, on a cheese sauce with bacon or sausage for the ladies.

http://www.reddit.com/r/reactiongifs/comments/3m86us/mrw_its_2015_and_im_still_getting_rickrolled_on/http://www.reddit.com/r/reactiongifs/comments/3m86us/mrw_its_2015_and_im_still_getting_rickrolled_on/
https://media2.giphy.com/media/HteV6g0QTNxp6/giphy.gif

REALBird
September 26th, 2017, 06:49 PM

Maybe it's my city upbringing but No! LOL

GodHelpTheBears
September 26th, 2017, 07:06 PM

Milk in a bag ain't American

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2017, 07:20 PM
I talked to some Casey's managers today. None of them have ever had someone order a bacon breakfast pizza with pineapple. It's definitely going to happen.

TheKingpin28
September 26th, 2017, 07:23 PM
I talked to some Casey's managers today. None of them have ever had someone order a bacon breakfast pizza with pineapple. It's definitely going to happen.

We making this happen? I want to be there when it goes down!

GodHelpTheBears
September 26th, 2017, 07:24 PM

You're really testing the "whole lot more" portion of Casey's service.

HAL_9000
Hello all, it has been quite awhile, but I was finally able to restart my circuits and power core.

I have my EYE on the WIU v USD contest this Saturday. I am hoping for a hard fought competitive game. Unfortunately there can only be one winner.

One would think all things being equal, which to far seems mostly true, that the home team should have the advantage.

However, I'm wondering if WIU might do better to just play a full 11 game schedule of away games.

clenz
I'll order one this week sometime.

I can imagine the sweetness of the pineapple matching well with it.

The cheese sauce might cause some issues though.

BisonTru
September 26th, 2017, 07:25 PM

https://media2.giphy.com/media/XrBiWQU23trHy/giphy.gif

GodHelpTheBears
September 26th, 2017, 07:27 PM

I was planning on a breakfast pizza + 12 pack of Busch w/the orange trophy cans for Saturday. Don't know if I will go Hawaiian on the pizza, though

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2017, 07:29 PM
We making this happen? I want to be there when it goes down!

I don't know if it's worth the drive to Iowa to experience this in person. Maybe I should do a live stream on the FCS wedge?

- - - Updated - - -

They thought the issue would be the pineapple in the eggs, but I told him about eating breakfast at Maui taco at the Minneapolis airport and they were on board.

FargoBison
September 26th, 2017, 07:29 PM

Hot Stuff over Casey's delicious breakfast slice of heaven....

https://68.media.tumblr.com/52fba6ca8df9b6ac5ba90bfa250676ca/tumblr_n5ab0zbU1x1tulfa8o1_500.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/PaKMBTzu2G0Qo/giphy.gif

clenz
September 26th, 2017, 07:32 PM
They thought the issue would be the pineapple in the eggs, but I told him about eating breakfast at Maui taco at the Minneapolis airport and they were on board.
Egg is no issue. Egg is bland. Only potential issue would be the texture of those two together.

Casey's uses a very thick/gooey cheese sauce, That's going to be the taste contrast issue.

GodHelpTheBears
September 26th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Sounds like we should have a pizza party:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U6U5ABItA0

cx500d
September 26th, 2017, 07:38 PM
It's not gas station pizza but one place I forgot about until they opened a store about a 3 minute drive from my house is Papa Murphy's (take and bake). The Cowboy (pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, black olives, and permesian) is glorious as long as you don't overcook it.

Permesians? I think we call them Iranians these days. Do they make good sausage?

FargoBison
September 26th, 2017, 07:38 PM
May as well go all out and ask them to put Canadian bacon on the pizza instead of sausage or bacon if you are going to sully it with pineapple.

That said Canadian bacon would probably be better then the regular bacon anyway.

TheKingpin28
September 26th, 2017, 07:41 PM
I don't know if it's worth the drive to Iowa to experience this in person. Maybe I should do a live stream on the FCS wedge?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, my family lives in Iowa City and if I have to, when I go down there during Thanksgiving, I will do it then.

But a stream always works.

PantherRob82
September 26th, 2017, 07:47 PM
May as well go all out and ask them to put Canadian bacon on the pizza instead of sausage or bacon if you are going to sully it with pineapple.

That said Canadian bacon would probably be better then the regular bacon anyway.

that is an option.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, my family lives in Iowa City and if I have to, when I go down there during Thanksgiving, I will do it then.

But a stream always works.

I would be up for a pineapple breakfast pizza gathering in Iowa City around Thanksgiving.

TheKingpin28
September 26th, 2017, 07:49 PM
that is an option.

- - - Updated - - -

I would be up for a pineapple breakfast pizza gathering in Iowa City around Thanksgiving.

If I am there, which I plan on be, we could make this a thing. I will know more when we get closer, but as of now, I am in.

clenz
September 26th, 2017, 07:55 PM

They call it ham on the breakfast pizza.

It is superior.

BisonTru
September 26th, 2017, 07:55 PM
Should I bring the Zima???

https://media2.giphy.com/media/l2JeiuwmhZlkrVOkU/giphy.gif

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 26th, 2017, 07:59 PM
Ribeye with onions/mushrooms > anything in Casey's

cx500d
September 26th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Ribeye with onions/mushrooms > anything in Casey's

Thank you Captain Obvious

CappinHard
September 26th, 2017, 08:49 PM
Hot stuff? That 4 inch round pile of mostly soggy dough with some sauce enough cheese to say it has cheese and one pepperoni in the center. That's being compared to eggs, mountains of cheese, on a cheese sauce with bacon or sausage for the ladies.

I was comparing their regular pizza, not breakfast pizza. The hot stuff pizza I've experienced has been very good. I'm guessing it varies depending on who's making it. Not as much QC as Casey's perhaps.

HAL_9000
September 26th, 2017, 08:50 PM
The WIU win is more impressive. Even if UND beats Montana State last weekend it's more impressive to me based on a school that has a good FCS history on top of the increased number of scholarships CC has already.

It's hard for me to judge if WIU is going to be a dominant team this year. Winning 3 games on the road to start the season is very tough. But the combined records of those teams are 2-8. The two wins were Northern Arizona beating Cal Poly who are (0-4) 28-10.The other was Coastal Carolina beating Umass who are (0-5) 38-28.

At the risk of talking out of turn an addressing a football related post(I am very pro pizza though, Casey's was the go to when I was growing up in the cornfields of Illinois). I would like to comment on this post.

Northern Arizona has played PAC12 Arizona and put up 562 yards of offense on the Wildcats. NAU played a solid game against WIU, but came up short. NAU did what they needed to do at Cal Poly. In my opinion NAU is much better than UND. Coastal is a bad football team, But at least they have an FBS win under their belt and came within one possesion of beating UAB.

USD has started 3-0 against teams that have combined to produce 2 D-I wins. UND over MSU and Drake(no scholarships) over Valparaiso(no scholarships). So there seems to uncertainty from my perspective about USD.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 26th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Thank you Captain Obvious

Break up the circle jerk....

TheKingpin28
September 26th, 2017, 09:25 PM
Can we all just agree that most "Gas Station Pizza" is better than most chain pizza? This way we can stop bickering all the damn time and get on to what really matters, watching certain SHSU fans lose their **** on a daily basis!

ST_Lawson
September 26th, 2017, 09:32 PM
Hello all, it has been quite awhile, but I was finally able to restart my circuits and power core.

I have my EYE on the WIU v USD contest this Saturday. I am hoping for a hard fought competitive game. Unfortunately there can only be one winner.

One would think all things being equal, which to far seems mostly true, that the home team should have the advantage.

However, I'm wondering if WIU might do better to just play a full 11 game schedule of away games.

Considering the lack of crowds we've seen at our home games for the last few years, you might not be wrong on that.

Sycamore62
September 26th, 2017, 09:46 PM
Considering the lack of crowds we've seen at our home games for the last few years, you might not be wrong on that.

If you live in Macomb, when someone asks you directions to anywhere else, do you tell them there is no good way to get there?

GodHelpTheBears
September 26th, 2017, 09:50 PM
Can we all just agree that most "Gas Station Pizza" is better than most chain pizza? This way we can stop bickering all the damn time and get on to what really matters, watching certain SHSU fans lose their **** on a daily basis!

What would SHSU fans know about pizza, there are no Casey's in the Piney Woods. No wonder they're cranky all the time.

CappinHard
September 26th, 2017, 10:01 PM

*cringing and hoping SHSU fans don't check this thread and bring that ****storm in here*

Bisonoline
September 26th, 2017, 10:04 PM

It seems thats the way the quality of chain pizza is going. I try to avoid it if I can.

TheKingpin28
September 26th, 2017, 10:06 PM
It seems thats the way the quality of chain pizza is going. I try to avoid it if I can.

I am an ardent supporter of Pizza Luce and Punch Pizza here in the cities otherwise Zorbaz up on the lakes.

ST_Lawson
September 26th, 2017, 10:17 PM
If you live in Macomb, when someone asks you directions to anywhere else, do you tell them there is no good way to get there?

It's getting better, but yea...there's a reason that our region is known as Forgottonia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgottonia). I'm not really that old, but I remember when they widened the highway to actually be 4 lanes...was a pretty big deal. Still no interstates anywhere near us though.

Thumper 76
September 27th, 2017, 12:41 AM

You goddamn communist.

I was planning on a breakfast pizza + 12 pack of Busch w/the orange trophy cans for Saturday. Don't know if I will go Hawaiian on the pizza, though
This makes my inner redneck happy as hell.

Should I bring the Zima???

https://media2.giphy.com/media/l2JeiuwmhZlkrVOkU/giphy.gif
Killing it right now xlolx xlolx xlolx

No. **** you. Give me Casey's or give me death dammit!

TheKingpin28
September 27th, 2017, 06:38 AM
You goddamn communist.

This makes my inner redneck happy as hell.

Killing it right now xlolx xlolx xlolx

No. **** you. Give me Casey's or give me death dammit!

You have no soul!

POD Knows
September 27th, 2017, 08:32 AM
I am an ardent supporter of Pizza Luce and Punch Pizza here in the cities otherwise Zorbaz up on the lakes.Zorbaz's is marginal, have you ever actually eaten good pizza before so you have some type of benchmark.

cx500d
September 27th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Zorbaz's is marginal, have you ever actually eaten good pizza before so you have some type of benchmark.

Apparently not

Sycamore62
September 27th, 2017, 08:41 AM
It's getting better, but yea...there's a reason that our region is known as Forgottonia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgottonia). I'm not really that old, but I remember when they widened the highway to actually be 4 lanes...was a pretty big deal. Still no interstates anywhere near us though.

the last time i went there i was sure I was about to hit the flat earth ice wall. I finally saw the "macomb" sign got out of my car dropped to my knees (the national anthem was playing of course) and kissed the ground. The worst part was that it was only half the drive.

underdawg
September 27th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Ha-ha--yes Macomb is even more insulated than my original home town of Abingdon which is only about 10-15 miles from an interstate. I'm both a Saluki SIU alumni and a WIU undergrad alumni--we use to call it Nowheresville.

CappinHard
September 27th, 2017, 08:47 AM
You have no soul!

I didn't know Thumper was a ginger.

ST_Lawson
September 27th, 2017, 09:00 AM
Ha-ha--yes Macomb is even more insulated than my original home town of Abingdon which is only about 10-15 miles from an interstate. I'm both a Saluki SIU alumni and a WIU undergrad alumni--we use to call it Nowheresville.

Yea, Abingdon is small, but not too far from Galesburg and from I-74, so it's probably only an hour to Peoria and the QC area. There have been plans to extend 4-lanes to Macomb from Peoria and up from Jacksonville (which would make 4-lanes all the way down to St. Louis), but those were put on hold/cancelled with the state budget issues. Right now though, it's like we're in a 40-50 mile bubble of minimal transportation options.

Sycamore62
September 27th, 2017, 09:02 AM
Yea, Abingdon is small, but not too far from Galesburg and from I-74, so it's probably only an hour to Peoria and the QC area. There have been plans to extend 4-lanes to Macomb from Peoria and up from Jacksonville (which would make 4-lanes all the way down to St. Louis), but those were put on hold/cancelled with the state budget issues. Right now though, it's like we're in a 40-50 mile bubble of minimal transportation options.

with the state's budget they may be upgrading all roads to dirt soon

UNIFanSince1983
September 27th, 2017, 09:05 AM

Macomb isn't all that far from the QC though either. Of course I've only made that trip like twice and not very recently so I don't remember how much trouble that drive was.

ST_Lawson
September 27th, 2017, 09:06 AM
with the state's budget they may be upgrading all roads to dirt soon

Nah, all the concrete and blacktop will crumble apart and turn into gravel. Removing the existing roads to make them dirt would cost too much.

SDSU fans...you thought that trip to Macomb was rough two years ago? This year...watch out for those ditches and gulleys where the road has washed out...

https://www.dirtandgravel.psu.edu/sites/default/files/PA%20Program%20Resources/SCC%20Program%20Overview/sediment.png

Macomb isn't all that far from the QC though either. Of course I've only made that trip like twice and not very recently so I don't remember how much trouble that drive was.

1.5-2 hours depending on which of the 10 Quad Cities you're heading down from. It's two lane outside if Milan down through Viola (they have a Casey's there now, which is nice) and then 4-lane from Monmouth on down (except for through Good Hope). If you're coming from the Iowa side, it's probably easier to take 80 around to 74, down to Galesburg (hometown of SIU's decent RB Jonathan Mixon, just fyi), then over the Monmouth and down.

ST_Lawson
September 27th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Just found out that one of our more famous football alumni just passed away.

Red Miller, Macomb native, WIU football player and coach (http://http://goleathernecks.com/hof.aspx?hof=158), and NFL coach, passed away this morning due to complications from stroke (http://www.9news.com/sports/red-miller-coach-of-broncos-orange-crush-teams-dies-from-stroke-complications/479004587).
He is the only member of this year's class for the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame, and will be inducted (now posthumously) November 19th.

Red is the young man in the middle of this photo. The man in the bow tie to the left is Ray "Rock" Hanson.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/goleathernecks.com/images/2014/6/23/Miller_Robert_Red_1974.jpg

REALBird
September 27th, 2017, 01:00 PM
*cringing and hoping SHSU fans don't check this thread and bring that ****storm in here*

Everything is bigger and BETTER in TexASS!

REALBird
September 27th, 2017, 01:04 PM
Nah, all the concrete and blacktop will crumble apart and turn into gravel. Removing the existing roads to make them dirt would cost too much.

SDSU fans...you thought that trip to Macomb was rough two years ago? This year...watch out for those ditches and gulleys where the road has washed out...

https://www.dirtandgravel.psu.edu/sites/default/files/PA%20Program%20Resources/SCC%20Program%20Overview/sediment.png

1.5-2 hours depending on which of the 10 Quad Cities you're heading down from. It's two lane outside if Milan down through Viola (they have a Casey's there now, which is nice) and then 4-lane from Monmouth on down (except for through Good Hope). If you're coming from the Iowa side, it's probably easier to take 80 around to 74, down to Galesburg (hometown of SIU's decent RB Jonathan Mixon, just fyi), then over the Monmouth and down.

You forget we live in Illinois. We need the Governor to bid this out to one of his cronies who will repave the Interstate, then grind it back to dirt and rock to really screw over the taxpayers. It's the Illinois way.

cx500d
September 27th, 2017, 01:06 PM

I think I bought some moonshine from a place up the holler off that road.

TheKingpin28
September 27th, 2017, 04:16 PM
Zorbaz's is marginal, have you ever actually eaten good pizza before so you have some type of benchmark.

Apparently not

Seriously? You ragging on Punch and Luce? What the hell is wrong with both of you?

Also, POD, you got an extra ticket for this game? :D

TheKingpin28
September 27th, 2017, 04:17 PM
I didn't know Thumper was a ginger.

He isn't, but he sure as hell can act like one when need be. xlolx

POD Knows
September 27th, 2017, 04:18 PM
Seriously? You ragging on Punch and Luce? What the hell is wrong with both of you?

Also, POD, you got an extra ticket for this game? :DI might on the ticket, I will check with BF02, he is in charge of this stuff