PDA

View Full Version : MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

Yote84
September 5th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Thank you for being a reasonable SDSU poster mmiller. Seriously.

CappinHard
September 5th, 2017, 10:37 AM
9/9 game spreads (5 dimes in italics, sagarin in bold)

Robert Morris @ Youngstown State -31.5, -36.1
North Dakota State -8.5, -15.5 @ Eastern Washington
Indiana State @ Tennessee -33, -41.6
Cal Poly @ Northern Iowa -17, -15.7
South Dakota @ Bowling Green -5, -4.7
Western Illinois -3, -4.4 @ Northern Arizona
Missouri State @ North Dakota -11.5, -15.3
Mississippi Valley State @ Southern Illinois -45, -45.8
South Dakota State -10.5, -19.1 @ Montana State

UNIFanSince1983
September 5th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Whoa UNI is favored by 17? Seems like quite a large number...

clenz
September 5th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Whoa UNI is favored by 17? Seems like quite a large number...
Poly is bad

Through 2 games, on offense, they are/have:
-averaging 3.3 yards per carry
-10-27 passing for 122 yards
-averaging 264 yards of offense per game
-averaging 3.5 yards per play
-6 fumbles, and lost 4 of them
-32% on third down attempts

Those are really bad numbers for a triple option offense

On defense
-giving up 4.9 yards per carry
-giving up 214 yards rushing per game
-giving up 13 yards per completion

They have 6 points in the first 3 quarters of their two games so far - 21 in the fourth. Against Colgate they were down 21 going into the 4th and Colgate coasted a bit and gave them points.

They are playing a couple thousand miles from home, against a team that, over the last two decades, has given up something like 3.2 YPC as a defense.

dewey
September 5th, 2017, 12:50 PM
9/9 game spreads (5 dimes in italics, sagarin in bold)

Robert Morris @ Youngstown State -31.5, -36.1
North Dakota State -8.5, -15.5 @ Eastern Washington
Indiana State @ Tennessee -33, -41.6
Cal Poly @ Northern Iowa -17, -15.7
South Dakota @ Bowling Green -5, -4.7
Western Illinois -3, -4.4 @ Northern Arizona
Missouri State @ North Dakota -11.5, -15.3
Mississippi Valley State @ Southern Illinois -45, -45.8
South Dakota State -10.5, -19.1 @ Montana State

NDSU by 15 over EWU seems like a lot. I thought I saw on BV that NDSU was a 3 point favorite.

I think it is NDSU by 7 to 10.

35 to 24 or so.

Dewey

CappinHard
September 5th, 2017, 01:00 PM
NDSU by 15 over EWU seems like a lot. I thought I saw on BV that NDSU was a 3 point favorite.

I think it is NDSU by 7 to 10.

35 to 24 or so.

Dewey

15 is the Sagarin prediction. Sagarin is known to be less accurate early in the season. -8.5 is straight from 5dimes though, not sure where a 3 point favorite came from.

EDIT: This has already moved to -7.5.

ST_Lawson
September 5th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Idk...they did get stomped by a Texas Tech team that they were favored (by some oddsmakers) against. NDSU did what a top FCS team is expected to do. If each team plays like they did last weekend, I think NDSU could easily win by a couple of TDs.

Also, my review of last weekend has been posted on the FCS Wedge site: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-1-in-review/
I tried to keep things a bit more brief and "to the point" than last year, so hopefully it's a bit easier to read through for people. Also, sorry about the NDSU article being really short, but there's not much you can say about a 72-7 game that isn't right there in the score.

GodHelpTheBears
September 6th, 2017, 10:01 PM
Apparently less than 2,000 tickets are available for our home opener. If the students show up, we should get over 15,000 through the gates.

Thumper 76
September 7th, 2017, 12:40 AM
I'm going to redefine your scale so we are on the same page

Preseason I thought this was a 4-5 win team if Farley didn't put the correct offense in.
Preseason, with the right offense I thought it was a 7 win team...outside shot at 8 if we beat ISU win team.
After seeing highlights of the UNI/ISU game and hearing what others who were just as down on the program as I was said about the game I think this is a 8-9 win team, but 7 is in play.

There are 7 TE's listed on the roster
There are fullbacks listed for the first time in about a decade.
We completed 6 passes to TEs on Saturday - that used to be a full season worth of TE completions.

There wasn't a single zone read option run
Roughly 40% of the plays UNI ran were from under center - there were years previously where we didn't run our first non-goal line under center play until playoffs...that's a real stat
The offensive line is actually big and mean again - gone from a spread zone blocking scheme back to power
Defense only gave up 28 of the points

UNI's offense actually has a real offense box score vs Iowa State

20 rushes for 139 yards 6.95 yards per carry
23-38 passing for 260 yards and 3 TDs
9 different players caught a pass, 7 with multiple catches and 5 with at least 3 - compered to 3 in most games the last couple years
6.3 yards per play
45 yards per punt
3 touch-backs on 5 kickoffs (we used to not get 3 in a season)
3-3 on PATs - that was an adventure last year
1-2 on FGs - 43 yard make 49 yard miss. It's been a while since we had a FG kicker we could trust on 40+

Yes, Eli threw 3 picks, with 2 pick 6s, but two weren't on him actually. The first pick was a sailed throw - on him. The second hit the WR in the hands and bounced up to a defender and the third looks to have been a bad route.

UNI's defense is UNI's defense. It'll be good again.

A lot can still go wrong, but outside of the DSU's I'm pretty confident right now

Farley did this so he didn't put anything on film for conference play xlolx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clenz
September 7th, 2017, 06:21 AM
Also likely

TheKingpin28
September 7th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Also likely

You sure?

clenz
September 7th, 2017, 10:55 AM
You sure?

Yes

No

Yes

No

Maybe

Ye...o?

Nes?

ST_Lawson
September 7th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Yes

No

Yes

No

Maybe

Ye...o?

Nes?

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/092011/1316713879_castle_reaction.gif

Also...

MVFC week 2 preview: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-2-preview/

CappinHard
September 12th, 2017, 09:51 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/xUOrvWzvleV63uWoko/giphy.gif

ST_Lawson
September 12th, 2017, 10:12 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/xUOrvWzvleV63uWoko/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/6uGhT1O4sxpi8/giphy.gif

BisonFan02
September 12th, 2017, 10:41 PM
https://68.media.tumblr.com/de9ef6a5d376d1902978ef49ae5f7bcc/tumblr_mq2mlyCFf21qkwdm8o1_500.gif

Thumper 76
September 12th, 2017, 10:52 PM
https://m.popkey.co/8b3f13/3b0bv_s-200x150.gif

TheKingpin28
September 13th, 2017, 05:57 AM
Yes

No

Yes

No

Maybe

Ye...o?

Nes?

You are typing like Farley plans and executes a game right meow.

IBleedYellow
September 13th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Foootballll paawwwlllll

CappinHard
September 13th, 2017, 10:51 AM
In a game that I'm deeming the Little Brother Bowl, USD is a 1 point favorite against UND. I think this is about right, as it seems like a coin toss game. I will definitely be interested to see how both teams play. If USD wins this one, they have a legit shot at the playoffs imo, only needing to go .500 in conference play. This is easier said than done of course, especially when it comes to USD, but this game is huge for them if they want a chance at the playoffs.

Thumper 76
September 13th, 2017, 12:19 PM
In a game that I'm deeming the Little Brother Bowl, USD is a 1 point favorite against UND. I think this is about right, as it seems like a coin toss game. I will definitely be interested to see how both teams play. If USD wins this one, they have a legit shot at the playoffs imo, only needing to go .500 in conference play. This is easier said than done of course, especially when it comes to USD, but this game is huge for them if they want a chance at the playoffs.

How about KinderBowl? It's where the kids go to play? :D

Yote 53
September 13th, 2017, 01:10 PM
In a game I am deeming the WhoGivesACrapBowl, SDSU is taking on Drake University out of Des Moines. SDSU needs this game after an uninspiring performance out at Montana State where they needed a trick play to secure a victory over a mediocre Big Sky opponent. Maybe all the pre-season hype for the Jacks was just that, hype? Looks that way in the early season so far. SDSU desperately needs to win this game if they want any chance of the playoffs. A loss to non-scholarship Drake would prove devastating in the eyes of the playoff committee and would not bode well for their chances in the always tough MVFC. SDSU does have a long history of underachievement and has lost to a non-scholarship program as a Division 1 school already #Lacrosse, so we need to keep an eye on this potential upset. The Jacks faithful hope history will not repeat themselves this Saturday. I will be watching this game very closely.

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2017, 08:10 PM
In a game I am deeming the WhoGivesACrapBowl, SDSU is taking on Drake University out of Des Moines. SDSU needs this game after an uninspiring performance out at Montana State where they needed a trick play to secure a victory over a mediocre Big Sky opponent. Maybe all the pre-season hype for the Jacks was just that, hype? Looks that way in the early season so far. SDSU desperately needs to win this game if they want any chance of the playoffs. A loss to non-scholarship Drake would prove devastating in the eyes of the playoff committee and would not bode well for their chances in the always tough MVFC. SDSU does have a long history of underachievement and has lost to a non-scholarship program as a Division 1 school already #Lacrosse, so we need to keep an eye on this potential upset. The Jacks faithful hope history will not repeat themselves this Saturday. I will be watching this game very closely.

Lol.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2017, 08:32 PM

What I think is funny is that USD went on the road to play Drake......Drake...lol......umm, Drake.....

Oh let me guess, there must be a huge alum base in DM so they got a chance to see their beloved totes play because there are no tickets to be had at the dakotadump.....got it!

Thumper 76
September 13th, 2017, 08:33 PM

The name is appropriate. With all of your posturing about SDSU consistently falling short of expectations, I'm sure you have lots of data to back it up. Like finishing lower than pre season rank, etc.

Thumper 76
September 13th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Don't worry I can help with the data a little http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?176057-Most-Overrated-Underrated-Teams-Of-The-AGS-Era

SDSUAlum08
September 13th, 2017, 09:43 PM

Yawn

CappinHard
September 13th, 2017, 10:14 PM

https://media2.giphy.com/media/l2Z84eFooeHJu/giphy.gif

As they say... Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Try coming up with some original content next time. You might not look near as stupid. Might.

BisonTru
September 13th, 2017, 10:32 PM
WhoGivesaCrapGAME

Bowls are for kids.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/0f/c1/99/0fc199d24c85e5e3adbca777d6da72ce.jpg

IBleedYellow
September 14th, 2017, 07:54 AM
In a game I am deeming the WhoGivesACrapBowl, SDSU is taking on Drake University out of Des Moines. SDSU needs this game after an uninspiring performance out at Montana State where they needed a trick play to secure a victory over a mediocre Big Sky opponent. Maybe all the pre-season hype for the Jacks was just that, hype? Looks that way in the early season so far. SDSU desperately needs to win this game if they want any chance of the playoffs. A loss to non-scholarship Drake would prove devastating in the eyes of the playoff committee and would not bode well for their chances in the always tough MVFC. SDSU does have a long history of underachievement and has lost to a non-scholarship program as a Division 1 school already #Lacrosse, so we need to keep an eye on this potential upset. The Jacks faithful hope history will not repeat themselves this Saturday. I will be watching this game very closely.This...this is the most little brother thing ever.

You can't even come up with your own smack, so you literally copy what they do and change words.

Lmfao

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bisonator
September 14th, 2017, 08:24 AM
Lol this is hilarious coming from a fan of a school that not only played the same team 2 weeks ago but did it AT Drake! You poors actually traveled to that non-scholly you are slamming! xlolx

CappinHard
September 14th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Lol this is hilarious coming from a fan of a school that not only played the same team 2 weeks ago but did it AT Drake! You poors actually traveled to that non-scholly you are slamming! xlolx

To be fair, SDSU has to go to Des Moines in 2019 after they came to Brookings in 2016 and 2017. Although it looks like USD's series with Drake was just a home/away, which sucks even more. Tough to get OOC home games, gotta take them where you can get them I guess. Looks like NDSU has Drake coming to Fargo in 2020... did NDSU sign a home/home/away contract too?

clenz
September 14th, 2017, 10:38 AM
UNI went to Drake in 07.

I'd love to UNI to play at Drake as an OOC game every other year or so. It'd be an OOC dream to get Drake to sign a long term schedule agreement H/A/off/H/A/off

The game is 2 hours from Cedar Falls. Des Moines has the majority of UNI alumni. It would be 10-12k UNI fans and 2k Drake fans. It would be a home game that would be in Des Moines.

Which is why Drake won't do it.

Yote 53
September 14th, 2017, 10:39 AM
This...this is the most little brother thing ever.

You can't even come up with your own smack, so you literally copy what they do and change words.

Lmfao

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Umm, that was kind of the point of the entire thing. USD grads might just be too smart for some of you guys because the joke obviously went way over your heads.

Yote 53
September 14th, 2017, 10:42 AM
UNI went to Drake in 07.

I'd love to UNI to play at Drake as an OOC game every other year or so. It'd be an OOC dream to get Drake to sign a long term schedule agreement H/A/off/H/A/off

The game is 2 hours from Cedar Falls. Des Moines has the majority of UNI alumni. It would be 10-12k UNI fans and 2k Drake fans. It would be a home game that would be in Des Moines.

Which is why Drake won't do it.

There were a lot of USD fans that went to Des Moines for the game and it was a fun road trip that was easy to get to travel-wise since it's only about 3 1/2 hours from Vermillion. USD recruits heavy in Des Moines and a game at Drake further increases the presence there. I would have no problem doing another home/home with Drake in the future. For those that want to flame about it, go ahead, but it works for us.

UNIFanSince1983
September 14th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Drake may be non-scholly, but they are an FCS school. It isn't like going to a DII to play (which I am sure some FCS has done before).

Professor Chaos
September 14th, 2017, 10:55 AM
To be fair, SDSU has to go to Des Moines in 2019 after they came to Brookings in 2016 and 2017. Although it looks like USD's series with Drake was just a home/away, which sucks even more. Tough to get OOC home games, gotta take them where you can get them I guess. Looks like NDSU has Drake coming to Fargo in 2020... did NDSU sign a home/home/away contract too?
No, it's a one-and-done guarantee game. I'm fairly certain the AD would have his door beaten down by some of our more vocal scheduling critics if he agreed to play a road game at Drake (it's a 7.5 hour drive and not much there for an alumni base or recruiting history).

Yote 53
September 14th, 2017, 11:23 AM
No, it's a one-and-done guarantee game. I'm fairly certain the AD would have his door beaten down by some of our more vocal scheduling critics if he agreed to play a road game at Drake (it's a 7.5 hour drive and not much there for an alumni base or recruiting history).

Exactly, it doesn't make much sense for NDSU given those reasons. For USD, UNI, and even SDSU, a home and home with Drake does make some sense. There are some positive things for us playing at Drake.

mango433
September 14th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Umm, that was kind of the point of the entire thing. USD grads might just be too smart for some of you guys because the joke obviously went way over your heads.

The joke didn't go over anyone's head, it just wasn't funny.

IBleedYellow
September 14th, 2017, 11:44 AM

No. The joke was idiotic.

clenz
September 14th, 2017, 11:46 AM
There were a lot of USD fans that went to Des Moines for the game and it was a fun road trip that was easy to get to travel-wise since it's only about 3 1/2 hours from Vermillion. USD recruits heavy in Des Moines and a game at Drake further increases the presence there. I would have no problem doing another home/home with Drake in the future. For those that want to flame about it, go ahead, but it works for us.
For a number of reasons I want Drake on the schedule more.

1. Alumni base - Des Moines is the #1 hub for UNI alumni. UNI cranks out CPAs and MBAs in massive numbers. Des Moines is a massive hub for that.
2. 2 hours from home - it's a home game.
3. Natural rival - they are our MVC rival. The fan bases actually hate each other. Hate Drake. D+. All of that.
4. Recruiting. It's another game for the Des Moines metro to be exposed too in person
5. OOC schedules - getting tough to fill, and UNI fans (And our new AD) is sick of playing an FBS and 2 top 15-20 FCS teams in the OOC every year on top of 5-7 ranked MVFC teams. Give us an FBS - Iowa State, Drake (or Valpo now since they are MVC now) and then a good H/H series with a name program

Yote 53
September 14th, 2017, 01:28 PM
No. The joke was idiotic.

https://img.memecdn.com/epic-fatman_o_233905.gif

UNIFanSince1983
September 14th, 2017, 01:56 PM
For a number of reasons I want Drake on the schedule more.

1. Alumni base - Des Moines is the #1 hub for UNI alumni. UNI cranks out CPAs and MBAs in massive numbers. Des Moines is a massive hub for that.
2. 2 hours from home - it's a home game.
3. Natural rival - they are our MVC rival. The fan bases actually hate each other. Hate Drake. D+. All of that.
4. Recruiting. It's another game for the Des Moines metro to be exposed too in person
5. OOC schedules - getting tough to fill, and UNI fans (And our new AD) is sick of playing an FBS and 2 top 15-20 FCS teams in the OOC every year on top of 5-7 ranked MVFC teams. Give us an FBS - Iowa State, Drake (or Valpo now since they are MVC now) and then a good H/H series with a name program

This

clenz
September 14th, 2017, 02:00 PM
Same reasons I'd want USD, SDSU and WIU as OOC games if they weren't MVFC. It's why I wish we'd see more EIU.

Yote84
September 14th, 2017, 02:44 PM
Wow. It kills me how stupid some of the BIZUN and Bunny posters on here are. SOME. I get it POD, IBY, Humper76, and a few others get together and jerk each other off outside this forum so it only makes sense you combine forces on here to be as obnoxious as you possibly can.

If you can't see the advantage in scheduling a home and home with an FCS team that is less 3 hours away and a bus trip versus a very costly plane trip with overnight stays then there is no helping you. There are reasons a lot of people avoid engaging in threads with these posters. HOLY NUTMEG....RING THE BELLS.

abc123
September 14th, 2017, 02:47 PM
$230K guarantee game.

Yote84
September 14th, 2017, 02:47 PM
It looks like NDSU is paying Drake 230k to play in Fargo. Your team is in great shape and lucky to have been placed in a bigger city for midwestern standards where you can have a larger fan base and afford to do that. That is a lot of money to have Drake come to town.

Don't be toolbags about it.

Bison56
September 14th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Wow. It kills me how stupid some of the BIZUN and Bunny posters on here are. SOME. I get it POD, IBY, Humper76, and a few others get together and jerk each other off outside this forum so it only makes sense you combine forces on here to be as obnoxious as you possibly can.

If you can't see the advantage in scheduling a home and home with an FCS team that is less 3 hours away and a bus trip versus a very costly plane trip with overnight stays then there is no helping you. There are reasons a lot of people avoid engaging in threads with these posters. HOLY NUTMEG....RING THE BELLS.

http://xoxmommy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/wpid-picsart_14145940769922.jpg-692x1024.jpeg (http://xoxmommy.com/2014/10/16/not-cry-it-out/)

Thumper 76
September 14th, 2017, 02:51 PM

Holy hell you're dense.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2017, 03:29 PM
It looks like NDSU is paying Drake 230k to play in Fargo. Your team is in great shape and lucky to have been placed in a bigger city for midwestern standards where you can have a larger fan base and afford to do that. That is a lot of money to have Drake come to town.

Don't be toolbags about it.

That is one difference between the 2 programs.

I can see UNI doing it with the reasons presented. NDSU would never....never do a home/home and sacrifice a home game. Our AD was just on the radio saying at least 6 home games annually is a must. Yes, they can pay that kind of money, and more because a home generates 4X that amount. It would even be more with a larger stadium.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2017, 03:31 PM

Whatever makes you feel fuzzy inside....

IBleedYellow
September 14th, 2017, 03:55 PM
LET THE CIRCLEJERK CONTINUE!!!

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/is-the-missouri-valley-closing-the-gap-on-the-mac/

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2017, 03:59 PM
LET THE CIRCLEJERK CONTINUE!!!

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/is-the-missouri-valley-closing-the-gap-on-the-mac/

NDSU would beat every team in the MAC this year .

cx500d
September 14th, 2017, 04:47 PM

Besides, who in the hell would voluntarily want to go to Vermillion that wasn't getting paid to go there?

POD Knows
September 14th, 2017, 04:59 PM

If you can't see the advantage in scheduling a home and home with an FCS team that is less 3 hours away and a bus trip versus a very costly plane trip with overnight stays then there is no helping you. There are reasons a lot of people avoid engaging in threads with these posters. HOLY NUTMEG....RING THE BELLS.WTF are you doing including me in this, I don't even know where USD is, get your facts straight, I hate SDSU and couldn't give two ****s about the 'Yotes.

Yotes21
September 14th, 2017, 05:46 PM

Accurate

Yotes21
September 14th, 2017, 05:47 PM
NDSU would beat every team in the MAC this year .

Central Mich is pretty solid this year I believe. Shane Morris has been playing well.

GodHelpTheBears
September 14th, 2017, 05:48 PM
Central Mich is pretty solid this year I believe. Shane Morris has been playing well.

That's good to hear - I thought he was gonna be killed when Brady Hoke played him.

TheKingpin28
September 14th, 2017, 06:37 PM
WTF are you doing including me in this, I don't even know where USD is, get your facts straight, I hate SDSU and couldn't give two ****s about the 'Yotes.

But we are drinking colleagues so I guess you get included and I get the "few others"

Drblankstare
September 14th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Top 15 FCS could compete well in the MAC and Scum belt. Don't think I'm blowing any minds with that tidbit

Thumper 76
September 14th, 2017, 08:34 PM
Accurate

Or the reality is Yotes fans come in talking like they're the best offense the conference has ever seen and get offended when they don't get the echo chamber they want. Because their best season of three conference wins in one season definitely has bought them copious amounts of respect apparently.

Quit being a bunch of baby's. Jesus Christ you really don't catch near the **** UND posters do on here from the NDSU fans and act like your persecuted and unfairly treated. Get a backbone.

dewey
September 14th, 2017, 10:25 PM
Quit being a bunch of baby's. Jesus Christ you really don't catch near the **** GFCC posters do on here from the NDSU fans and act like your persecuted and unfairly treated. Get a backbone.

I needed to fix your post for you Thumper. Go Bison UN_ sucks.

Dewey

Thumper 76
September 14th, 2017, 10:50 PM
I needed to fix your post for you Thumper. Go Bison UN_ sucks.

Dewey

My bad xlolx

dewey
September 15th, 2017, 07:13 AM
My bad xlolx

No problem. We all make mistakes xthumbsupx

Dewey

Yotes21
September 15th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Or the reality is Yotes fans come in talking like they're the best offense the conference has ever seen and get offended when they don't get the echo chamber they want. Because their best season of three conference wins in one season definitely has bought them copious amounts of respect apparently.

Quit being a bunch of baby's. Jesus Christ you really don't catch near the **** UND posters do on here from the NDSU fans and act like your persecuted and unfairly treated. Get a backbone.

Considering I've never said anything about the Yotes O being great and predicted them to lose to BG and UND idk Wtf you are talking about. I think it's you who needs a backbone after you get pissed for getting called out on a truth. Go cry somewhere else.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2017, 08:45 AM

MAC is soft. NDSU's style of football is tough for teams to adjust to. Valley teams are accustomed to it and are in the same mold.....some of them. Perfect example was EWU last week. Their defense got beat down continuously and they gave up in the 2nd half. Iowa last year.....might want to look at the stats from that game. Iowa, going into that game, was suppose to have one of the best OLs in the country. Interesting rushing comparison.

Now it looks like Coach Nielson has the Coyotes heading in the right direction. I want to see how that USD defense does against a power running team. This UND game will give us a good indicator on how much it has improved.

If USD wins they are off to a very good start. Playoffs would definitely be in play this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Yotes21: one more point.

Another good example of teams not adjusting to the Bison's style could come in 2020. NDSU's next FBS game is Oregon. I think the Ducks will have a hard time adjusting to the physical running game, they always have troubles with Stanford's running style.

Will the Bison win? Long ways off but IMO, the Bison will give them all kinds of trouble. Being a homer, I expect the Bison to beat them.....and considering the style of FB run by NDSU, it is not outrageous to think they will not.

POD Knows
September 15th, 2017, 09:56 AM
MAC is soft. NDSU's style of football is tough for teams to adjust to. Valley teams are accustomed to it and are in the same mold.....some of them. Perfect example was EWU last week. Their defense got beat down continuously and they gave up in the 2nd half. Iowa last year.....might want to look at the stats from that game. Iowa, going into that game, was suppose to have one of the best OLs in the country. Interesting rushing comparison.

Now it looks like Coach Nielson has the Coyotes heading in the right direction. I want to see how that USD defense does against a power running team. This UND game will give us a good indicator on how much it has improved.

If USD wins they are off to a very good start. Playoffs would definitely be in play this year.UND is going to pound USD, #bookit baby, #bookit

Thumper 76
September 15th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Considering I've never said anything about the Yotes O being great and predicted them to lose to BG and UND idk Wtf you are talking about. I think it's you who needs a backbone after you get pissed for getting called out on a truth. Go cry somewhere else.

That was a general statement about USeD fans and your little complex. But you do you buttercup.

UNIFanSince1983
September 15th, 2017, 12:53 PM
You know for being rivals I see NDSU and SDSU fans getting a long quite well...

Redbird 4th & short
September 15th, 2017, 01:00 PM

If USD wins they are off to a very good start. Playoffs would definitely be in play this year.

Agree with your general point about NDSU, but I wouldn't draw any conclusions from the 2017 EWU team playing under a new Head Coach .. they are having a serious identity crisis. Their new coach may have already lost that team.

So took closer look at EWU offensive coaches ... talk about stating over, though new HC was previously the EWU OL coach and EWU class '01. But all new offensive coaches ... new OC (EIU class '10) and QB coach, new WR coach (Kupp's HS coach ??), new OL coach (EWU class '15), new TE/special teams coach was at Cal with Baldwin ni April. The OC was originally huired as QB coach only, but got promoted to OC in July.

http://www.goeags.com/roster.aspx?path=football#coaches_anchor

Last summer, our OC Beathard left suddenly in June during OTAs due to personal matter .. we under-estimated it's impact when Spack promoted the WR coach Dicken to co-OC, along with our OL coach Clark, with former QB Dicken getting play calling duties. Played poorly in blow out of Valpo, but then offense was very efficient in win over Northwestern, though didn't score much .. we moved the ball pretty well. But then things started to unravel .. up and down every game offensively.

Point being .. we really struggled under new OC who was promoted in July. But our siuation was nothing like all the other coaching changes at EWU .. they are really struggling. But we certainly struggled good part of season before finding our offensive identity. EWU will struggle even more if the HC loses team and OC loses offense.

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2017, 01:53 PM

There is much more hate between the xDSU's and the UxD's because the **** that the UxD's tried to do when we left to D1.

Namely trying their damnest to make us fail, make fun of us stating it's the worst decision ever...then follow a few short years later expecting us to help them along with waiting arms.

**** the UxD's.

Professor Chaos
September 15th, 2017, 02:26 PM
It is kind of oddly amicable between the two but wait until the week of 10/30 and hostilities will ramp up considerably.

I've always said that NDSU's football rivalries are the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

The Good: SDSU
The Bad: UNI
The Ugly: UND

I've even heard this from former NDSU players. While they have a rivalry trophy that at least the players care about with SDSU there was always more bad blood between NDSU and UNI than there ever was between NDSU and SDSU, especially during the Bohl years.

F'N Hawks
September 15th, 2017, 02:48 PM
There is much more hate between the xDSU's and the UxD's because the **** that the UxD's tried to do when we left to D1.

Namely trying their damnest to make us fail, make fun of us stating it's the worst decision ever...then follow a few short years later expecting us to help them along with waiting arms.

**** the UxD's.

That's one person's reflection of how it happened.

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2017, 02:49 PM

Pretty much fact. Actually.

I do believe it was your University that had a press conference to state they would no longer be playing NDSU and publicly mock them. Only UND would do that ****.

Lorne_Malvo
September 15th, 2017, 02:52 PM

You sure you want to open that can of worms?

F'N Hawks
September 15th, 2017, 02:56 PM
You sure you want to open that can of worms?

Why not? You guys love talking about it. Have at it.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much fact. Actually.

I do believe it was your University that had a press conference to state they would no longer be playing NDSU and publicly mock them. Only UND would do that ****.

What do you mean?

Bison56
September 15th, 2017, 02:59 PM

You serious?

Professor Chaos
September 15th, 2017, 03:08 PM
I feel like this would be a great caption for this photo:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/03/10/article-2291243-1888BB3F000005DC-745_634x419.jpg

Bisonator
September 15th, 2017, 03:25 PM

I'll fix that.

Hey bunny turds has Rozebum twisted anybody's ankle yet this year or is he waiting for the NDSU game again.xcoffeex

BisonFan02
September 15th, 2017, 03:27 PM
That press conference is archived somewhere.....

The Pud
September 15th, 2017, 03:35 PM
I cannot believe I have read all 158 pages of this thread. Should I continue to read page 159?

clenz
September 15th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Change your posts per page.

I'm only on page 40

Easier to read 40 pages than 158

xcoffeex

CappinHard
September 15th, 2017, 03:44 PM
I'll fix that.

Hey bunny turds has Rozebum twisted anybody's ankle yet this year or is he waiting for the NDSU game again.xcoffeex

He's waiting until DeLuca comes back and he's going to come in on offense for one play. xthumbsupx

Redbird 4th & short
September 15th, 2017, 04:50 PM
I cannot believe I have read all 158 pages of this thread. Should I continue to read page 159?

oh god yes, it's finally getting good !!
https://i.imgflip.com/sz00i.jpg (https://imgflip.com/memegenerator/12233330/bored-baby)

Thumper 76
September 15th, 2017, 06:10 PM
I'll fix that.

Hey you ever try to make a tackle in your life before when you only have an ankle? xcoffeex

Lorne_Malvo
September 15th, 2017, 06:48 PM
Hey you ever try to make a tackle in your life before when you only have an ankle? xcoffeex

You should go back and watch it again. It was a blatant attempt to cause an injury.

GodHelpTheBears
September 15th, 2017, 06:50 PM
I'm just a bitter and jaded 20-something. Never seen my team be worth a damn.

It would be funny if we picked off one of y'all though.

I've had some beers

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2017, 06:52 PM

Wait until UND comes abroad in '20 and more of their fans trickle in here. I'm looking forward to it....xnodx

- - - Updated - - -

UND is going to pound USD, #bookit baby, #bookit

I look forward to the: #bookit now. You need to do this more often...xnodx

Bisonoline
September 15th, 2017, 06:53 PM
You should go back and watch it again. It was a blatant attempt to cause an injury.

Nope.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2017, 06:54 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26047&stc=1

You really want to do this?

xsmhx

- - - Updated - - -

I'll fix that.

Leevon Perry's cheap shot also....

Fu**ing Jacks....:D

F'N Hawks
September 15th, 2017, 08:29 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26047&stc=1

You really want to do this?

xsmhx

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, yes I do.

Thumper 76
September 15th, 2017, 10:56 PM
Yeah I've watched it. Even if the jerseys were reversed I would hold the same opinion. Reality is Bison fans are the most dramatic fans in the world. Not all, but plenty are. Every injury was on purpose that happens to them. Every one was a cheap shot. Every injury is worse than any other team suffers. Poor bison.

POD Knows
September 16th, 2017, 08:23 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYes, actually I have, his action was flagrant, clearly flagrant. NDSU doesn't have clean hands either, I thought that low block from behind in the UND game was a cheap shot as well.

POD Knows
September 16th, 2017, 08:25 AM
Wait until UND comes abroad in '20 and more of their fans trickle in here. I'm looking forward to it....xnodx

- - - Updated - - -

I look forward to the: #bookit now. You need to do this more often...xnodxI got to use the mojo sparingly or it gets watered down. I used it against EWU in the game with the Bison this year, after the USD/UND game I might have to put it back in the vault until playoff time.

That being said, UND is going to crush USD, it won't be pretty and you can #bookit

F'N Hawks
September 16th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Yes, actually I have, his action was flagrant, clearly flagrant. NDSU doesn't have clean hands either, I thought that low block from behind in the UND game was a cheap shot as well.

Ya think? He Superman dove into his calf from behind and broke Arnell's leg, ending his season.
The optics on that one were bad. About as bad as when UND hit JJ from Montana about two seconds after he released it. Believe it knocked him out if game.

GodHelpTheBears
September 16th, 2017, 10:29 AM
If our guys don't win today we're locked in for 0-11.

We've been pretty **** over the last 25 years, but never winless. Best part is, this is mostly Steckel's group. Good thing we have him locked down through 2021, eh

Lorne_Malvo
September 16th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Yes, actually I have, his action was flagrant, clearly flagrant. NDSU doesn't have clean hands either, I thought that low block from behind in the UND game was a cheap shot as well.

Richmond has a hilarious thread on their forum about how the David Jones arm injury was intentional and he should sue NDSU. Its stellar reading.

Bisonoline
September 16th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Ya think? He Superman dove into his calf from behind and broke Arnell's leg, ending his season.
The optics on that one were bad. About as bad as when UND hit JJ from Montana about two seconds after he released it. Believe it knocked him out if game.

Agree--Absolutely stupid football move on his part.

But I will say I got called for clipping one time in my career. It was strange as I still dont know why I did it. The block wasnt there and I still did it. There was no thought to it. Cant tell you why. But I never did it again.

Thumper 76
September 16th, 2017, 12:12 PM

If you have a guy by the ankle and he's about to break free how do you suggest he gets him to the ground then

Bisonoline
September 16th, 2017, 12:15 PM
If you have a guy by the ankle and he's about to break free how do you suggest he gets him to the ground then

Very rarely does a player have the fore thought and time to think Im going to hurt this guy on purpose in the course of a play.

skinny_uncle
September 16th, 2017, 05:42 PM
Valley 4-0 so far today.

Thumper 76
September 16th, 2017, 06:03 PM
Valley 4-0 so far today.

Hey, if the top Valley teams played powerhouses like Holy Cross we wouldn't be so lucky

GodHelpTheBears
September 16th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Valley 4-0 so far today.

Yup, and every win was as impressive as South Dakota.

No need to look any further into it. No need whatsoever

JSUSoutherner
September 16th, 2017, 06:09 PM

Nope. xlolx

ST_Lawson
September 16th, 2017, 06:58 PM

You still won...just take it at be happy. Probably won't get many more this year.

GodHelpTheBears
September 16th, 2017, 07:11 PM
You still won...just take it at be happy. Probably won't get many more this year.

Probably won't get any more, if we're being honest. It's just sad that there's a "Missouri State" standard and a "MVFC" standard, and neither will change any time soon.

As for the win, I spent $17 on a pizza because wins don't happen often in these parts, so might as well celebrate like I'm somebody.

Sycamore62
September 16th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Agree--Absolutely stupid football move on his part.

But I will say I got called for clipping one time in my career. It was strange as I still dont know why I did it. The block wasnt there and I still did it. There was no thought to it. Cant tell you why. But I never did it again.

Because you like cheap shots

Just kidding

Some stuff that looks malicious isnt

Hammersmith
September 17th, 2017, 12:35 PM
If I have my numbers right...

As of week 3:

MVFC overall record: 18-8
MVFC FCS record: 17-4
no non-DI games

vs.
Big Sky: 5-2
OVC: 4-1
NEC: 3-0
PFL: 3-0
SWAC: 2-0
Big South: 0-1

Losses (FCS/FBS):
ISUb: 3 (2/1)
MSU: 2 (1/1)
UNI: 2 (1/1)
YSU: 1 (0/1)

penguinpower
September 17th, 2017, 12:45 PM
WTF is going on at Northern Iowa? I saw the loss an I'm in disbelief. Is this the typical slow start strong finish for them?

POD Knows
September 17th, 2017, 01:16 PM
WTF is going on at Northern Iowa? I saw the loss an I'm in disbelief. Is this the typical slow start strong finish for them?Chokers. Tried to kick a 52 yard field goal, got it blocked, SUU returned the blocked kick into UNI territory, kicked a field goal for the lead, UNI got the ball back with about 1:30 left on the clock, they wet themselves, 4 and out, and that was all she wrote.

semobison
September 17th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Chokers. Tried to kick a 52 yard field goal, got it blocked, SUU returned the blocked kick into UNI territory, kicked a field goal for the lead, UNI got the ball back with about 1:30 left on the clock, they wet themselves, 4 and out, and that was all she wrote.

And, they are making us look bad! 1-3 against the Big Fluffy the last two years!

JackJD
September 17th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Very rarely does a player have the fore thought and time to think Im going to hurt this guy on purpose in the course of a play.

You must not be a true Bison fan.

Want to set off us Jacks fans? Have a guy twist his own ankle and then blame it on a Jackrabbit.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2017, 03:34 PM
And, they are making us look bad! 1-3 against the Big Fluffy the last two years!Yea, maybe we should kick those bottom feeders out of the conference.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Yea, maybe we should kick those bottom feeders out of the conference.

Are you #onthegrains again?

POD Knows
September 17th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Are you #onthegrains again?Nope, just got done mowing the lawn. Haven't had a beer since the NDSU/EWU game.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Nope, just got done mowing the lawn. Haven't had a beer since the NDSU/EWU game.

https://i.giphy.com/media/CwbCkBBvd2qgo/giphy.webp

I have had enough beer to last me until Wednesday based off of how I punished my liver the last 5 days out in the Greater Northeast.

Sycamore62
September 17th, 2017, 06:31 PM

Or go start your own ****ing conference

POD Knows
September 17th, 2017, 06:36 PM
Or go start your own ****ing conferenceI was talking about UNI, hell, I got the Liberty, ISUb pick correct

Sycamore62
September 17th, 2017, 06:49 PM
I was talking about UNI, hell, I got the Liberty, ISUb pick correct

Lol i know

ST_Lawson
September 17th, 2017, 08:50 PM

Nooooooooo.....if we kick out the bottom feeders, then us mid-conference floaters sink to the bottom.

POD Knows
September 17th, 2017, 08:56 PM
Nooooooooo.....if we kick out the bottom feeders, then us mid-conference floaters sink to the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNah, we got UND coming in, there will be more a bigger battle for the bottom of the pile in a couple years.

GodHelpTheBears
September 17th, 2017, 09:31 PM

Take it from us and Indiana State...once you're in the cellar, you ain't gettin' out. You may be able to punch a hand through the door once in a while, but that's about it.

Sycamore62
September 17th, 2017, 10:30 PM
Take it from us and Indiana State...once you're in the cellar, you ain't gettin' out. You may be able to punch a hand through the door once in a while, but that's about it.

Is the OVC taking apps?

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Is the Pioneer taking apps?

FIFY

Sycamore62
September 17th, 2017, 11:32 PM
FIFY

Cute but if we cut scholarships it will be with an axe not a knife

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2017, 12:06 AM
Cute but if we cut scholarships it will be with an axe not a knife

I wouldn't bat an eye if current MVC schools drop scholly football in certain cases. Who knows....more likely than an affiliate OVC membership.

Sycamore62
September 18th, 2017, 08:21 AM
I wouldn't bat an eye if current MVC schools drop scholly football in certain cases. Who knows....more likely than an affiliate OVC membership.

I mean I doubt there would be financial benefit to dropping scholarships. I dont think you would end up better off financially.

Bisonator
September 18th, 2017, 08:39 AM
You must not be a true Bison fan.

Want to set off us Jacks fans? Have a guy twist his own ankle and then blame it on a Jackrabbit.
Pretty sure the jacks had something to do with Menard, Radunz and Deluca's knee injuries.......xcoffeex

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Pretty sure the jacks had something to do with Menard, Radunz and Deluca's knee injuries.......xcoffeexDidn't we buy those video screens for the Dome from some outfit in Brookings, and have you noticed the increase in knee injuries since we put that in, coincidence, I think not.

clenz
September 18th, 2017, 09:30 AM
UNI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_f8l2RRKko

Professor Chaos
September 18th, 2017, 09:51 AM
I just want to send out a congrats to SDSU for proving they are better than USD in that they were actually able to successfully sell out their stadium for the NDSU game after attempting to freeze out Bison fans. xthumbsupx

http://gojacks.com/news/2017/9/17/football-dakota-marker-game-sold-out.aspx

Serpentor
September 18th, 2017, 10:04 AM
I just want to send out a congrats to SDSU for proving they are better than USD in that they were actually able to successfully sell out their stadium for the NDSU game after attempting to freeze out Bison fans. xthumbsupx

Selling out your stadium? What sorcery is this?

RabidRabbit
September 18th, 2017, 10:21 AM
South Dakota State maybe in three sellout games this season. Twice as the visiting team. All against FCS schools. have any other FCS team done this?

ST_Lawson
September 18th, 2017, 10:46 AM
South Dakota State maybe in three sellout games this season. Twice as the visiting team. All against FCS schools. have any other FCS team done this?

You're welcome to sell out our game down here. We could use the ticket money and the town could really use the hotel and restaurant revenue. I don't think we've got a great chance to win the game anyway, so bring all the bunnies you can.

Bisonator
September 18th, 2017, 10:57 AM

https://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/notsure-1.jpg

Sycamore62
September 18th, 2017, 11:38 AM
we cant "give out" our stadium

Schism55
September 18th, 2017, 12:51 PM
I probably shouldn't have but I did laugh a little.
C'mon Indiana peeps, think of the trees!

JSUSoutherner
September 18th, 2017, 12:54 PM

Not sure, I wish we could eventually get one packed out though...

Being 308 short of a sellout is REALLY annoying.

AmsterBison
September 18th, 2017, 01:25 PM

Well, NDSU was like that for a time too. Who knows what'll happen once the Trees stop coming up with new and innovative ways to lose games because your defense looks pretty good.

Almost threw my remote through the wall when you guys tried the 48yd FG into the wind with a 3-pt lead and time winding down in week #1.

Thumper 76
September 18th, 2017, 02:51 PM

The amount of teeth gnashing on ol bville is pretty epic right now. My personal favorite is the amount of empty seats comments. Having been to the Fargodome enough I've seen pretty good sized amounts of empty seats for "sell outs" there too. I would be pissed if there are large numbers of unused seats at the game though. I doubt it's a problem though. SDSU counts butts in seats, not tickets sold, and we managed 15,800 for a game vs Drake. I don't think the extra 4,000 is much of a stretch for a top ten matchup for the Marker Game.

Also expect a decent number of NDSU fans to be inside the stadium. There's always a way to get tickets if you really want them.

Yote 53
September 18th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Sellouts are nice but as the Bunny fans have always reminded us, it's butts in the seats that count. I would be shocked if the actual attendance was maxed out. What happened was the presale period ended and general sales was supposed to start today. SDSU had a corporate sponsor swoop in and buy all the remaining tickets to keep them out of NDSU hands. Best part is that you will now be able to pick up free corporate handout tickets all over Brookings and Sioux Falls.

Not saying they were wrong to do this, just that it's a little dishonest to claim this was a natural "sellout". They just used the Nebraska Cornhusker tactic that they use to keep their "sellout streak" alive.

CappinHard
September 18th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Sellouts are nice but as the Bunny fans have always reminded us, it's butts in the seats that count. I would be shocked if the actual attendance was maxed out. What happened was the presale period ended and general sales was supposed to start today. SDSU had a corporate sponsor swoop in and buy all the remaining tickets to keep them out of NDSU hands. Best part is that you will now be able to pick up free corporate handout tickets all over Brookings and Sioux Falls.

Not saying they were wrong to do this, just that it's a little dishonest to claim this was a natural "sellout". They just used the Nebraska Cornhusker tactic that they use to keep their "sellout streak" alive.

You're right, and I agree with what they did. Although the amount of tickets there were available was very small, hopefully those tickets end up in hands that won't sell them to bison fans. Regarding your last comment, it would have sold out regardless, it's not like they had to buy the rest of the tickets as the game started to call it a sellout.

Professor Chaos
September 18th, 2017, 03:36 PM
You're right, and I agree with what they did. Although the amount of tickets there were available was very small, hopefully those tickets end up in hands that won't sell them to bison fans. Regarding your last comment, it would have sold out regardless, it's not like they had to buy the rest of the tickets as the game started to call it a sellout.
It would've sold out by 8/1 if SDSU fans would've had their poop in a group. If there was all this interest for this huge top ten matchup I don't see why all these mystery SDSU fans buying the tickets needed 6 extra weeks to pull the trigger.

CappinHard
September 18th, 2017, 03:48 PM
It would've sold out by 8/1 if SDSU fans would've had their poop in a group. If there was all this interest for this huge top ten matchup I don't see why all these mystery SDSU fans buying the tickets needed 6 extra weeks to pull the trigger.

I completely agree. The problem is there are too many casual fans that think they can just walk up and get a ticket the day of the game (who can blame them? that's the way it's been). It's hard to get to the point where fans realize they need to jump on tickets early or they literally may not be able to go. We're getting there, and if it takes tactics like this to get us there, I'm fine with that. Less than 24 hours after they announced the sellout, at work today someone says "Hey, aren't you an SDSU season ticket holder? Any chance you could get me tickets to the NDSU game? I saw it's sold out!"... I tell them no, there's no chance and asked why they didn't ask about tickets before? "Well, now that it's sold out I want to go."... Another person told me they didn't think it would sell out. Hopefully our success continues and they'll learn. Next step: make sure to not ***** the bed against NDSU at home like we have so many times in the past.

Bisonoline
September 18th, 2017, 03:49 PM
The amount of teeth gnashing on ol bville is pretty epic right now. My personal favorite is the amount of empty seats comments. Having been to the Fargodome enough I've seen pretty good sized amounts of empty seats for "sell outs" there too. I would be pissed if there are large numbers of unused seats at the game though. I doubt it's a problem though. SDSU counts butts in seats, not tickets sold, and we managed 15,800 for a game vs Drake. I don't think the extra 4,000 is much of a stretch for a top ten matchup for the Marker Game.

Also expect a decent number of NDSU fans to be inside the stadium. There's always a way to get tickets if you really want them.

I think a lot of it is a carry over from the games the ticket office has played over the last 4-5 years. I look at it this way. You dont want my money. Fine. I will not lose and sleep not making the trip.

This year I will be deer hunting anyway.

Thumper 76
September 18th, 2017, 03:53 PM
I think a lot of it is a carry over from the games the ticket office has played over the last 4-5 years. I look at it this way. You dont want my money. Fine. I will not lose and sleep not making the trip.

This year I will be deer hunting anyway.

Not sure what games SDSU has played before with the ticket office, but it your talking cumulatively between us and other schools, sure, I get it. I think most are more upset that this time the game got sold out before they could buy them, unlike USeD and others. So now they lost their chance to go ha ha and get tickets.

Bisonoline
September 18th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Not sure what games SDSU has played before with the ticket office, but it your talking cumulatively between us and other schools, sure, I get it. I think most are more upset that this time the game got sold out before they could buy them, unlike USeD and others. So now they lost their chance to go ha ha and get tickets.

Some for some reason think they are entitled to tickets--just because. I laugh at that premise.:D

GodHelpTheBears
September 18th, 2017, 04:11 PM

We almost "sold out" our game with Murray State, even though the east side was almost completely empty. This is because student admission is free, and the east side is reserved for students (hey, we/they paid/pay for it) so seats on that side are not "sold". The west side was very close to full, and we had over 13,000 announced. It probably wasn't far from that, actually, which is kind of incredible given the product and the opponent.

Kemo
September 18th, 2017, 04:57 PM
I completely agree. The problem is there are too many casual fans that think they can just walk up and get a ticket the day of the game (who can blame them? that's the way it's been). It's hard to get to the point where fans realize they need to jump on tickets early or they literally may not be able to go. We're getting there, and if it takes tactics like this to get us there, I'm fine with that. Less than 24 hours after they announced the sellout, at work today someone says "Hey, aren't you an SDSU season ticket holder? Any chance you could get me tickets to the NDSU game? I saw it's sold out!"... I tell them no, there's no chance and asked why they didn't ask about tickets before? "Well, now that it's sold out I want to go."... Another person told me they didn't think it would sell out. Hopefully our success continues and they'll learn. Next step: make sure to not ***** the bed against NDSU at home like we have so many times in the past.

Supply and demand is a funny thing.

Redbird007
September 18th, 2017, 05:20 PM
Supply and demand is a funny thing.

Exactly right...and it sounds like the SDSU football ticket marketplace, at least for select games, is shifting from a buyer's market to a seller's market. This will be a learning year for some SDSU fans.

cx500d
September 18th, 2017, 05:37 PM

A stadium is a grass field surrounded by seating.

Note: notice I did not say surrounded by a track.

Winterborn
September 18th, 2017, 06:02 PM

To me that is kinda of a double edge sword. Yes it drives up interest but it also reinforces the idea that we should buy early whether or not we can go. So one could end up with a bunch sold but less butts in the seat. You are trying to drive up a commodity by hype, which works if you can back that claim up with a product that gives the average buyer a sense of satisfaction in what they purchased. But what happens if one can't? Not saying SDSU can't back it up for this game, but what about the rest of the season games? Does this success (?) for the NDSU game translate into more tickets sold/butts in the seat for the other games? Or does it translate into one game every now and than that tickets are gone, but people don't really care about the rest of the schedule.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 18th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Hey when is this Casey's Pizza money gonna show up cuz I ain't seen **** from them yet.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Hey when is this Casey's Pizza money gonna show up cuz I ain't seen **** from them yet.

You got Casey's Pizza money? I will take a pizza with EXTRA pineapple on it, just to piss off the anti-pineapple crew.

cx500d
September 18th, 2017, 06:25 PM
You got Casey's Pizza money? I will take a pizza with EXTRA pineapple on it, just to piss off the anti-pineapple crew.

#NotAPizza

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 06:28 PM
#NotAPizza

http://pineapplepizzamemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/extra-pineapple-pizza-meme.jpg

GodHelpTheBears
September 18th, 2017, 06:30 PM
#NotAPizza

#WhoCares

mmiller_34
September 18th, 2017, 06:32 PM
http://pineapplepizzamemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/extra-pineapple-pizza-meme.jpg

http://replygif.net/i/521.gif

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 06:39 PM
http://replygif.net/i/521.gif

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/1b/1bae09fb2ecdd32e63311526238fb66456ffd699a857396004 d37ccf0098303a.jpg

Evolution Prime
September 18th, 2017, 06:51 PM

Hawaiian pizza is delicious.

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2017, 06:52 PM
#NotAPizza

This.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 06:55 PM

This guy gets it.

cx500d
September 18th, 2017, 07:12 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/EiCQzmzE5HLaw/giphy.gif

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2017, 08:58 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26060&stc=1

clenz
September 18th, 2017, 09:12 PM
I order pizza with just pineapple on it.

cx500d
September 18th, 2017, 09:14 PM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/WbhPKtfXZSM5a/giphy.gif

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2017, 09:16 PM

Really?

I like pineapple but on pizza....http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26061&stc=1

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 09:16 PM
http://pineapplepizzamemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/extra-pineapple-pizza-meme.jpgOk, I was going to defend you on this and then you posted the worst looking pizza ever, you are on your own here.

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2017, 09:19 PM
Ok, I was going to defend you on this and then you posted the worst looking pizza ever, you are on your own here.

Notice the crowd that likes pineapple on pizza.....and the crowd that doesn't.....just sayin'. :D

POD Knows
This.STFU all you eat on a pizza is pepperoni and maybe sausage and other pork products.

cx500d
Ok, I was going to defend you on this and then you posted the worst looking pizza ever, you are on your own here.

It ranks right up there with his 2nd favorite:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/66/19/e4/6619e4ce68b434a2025240eb6c7e3bf9.jpg

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 09:20 PM

I knew there was a reason why I enjoyed drinking and talking with you.

BisonFan02
STFU all you eat on a pizza is meat.

FIFY....cause merica. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
Notice the crowd that likes pineapple on pizza.....and the crowd that doesn't.....just sayin'. :D

xlolx

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 09:21 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHgD-rcp1-E

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 09:22 PM
STFU all you eat on a pizza is pepperoni and maybe sausage and other pork products.

He has no taste buds.

clenz
September 18th, 2017, 09:29 PM
Pepperoni is hideous

The Yo Show
September 18th, 2017, 09:31 PM
Pepperoni is hideous

I did not expect this from you.... That is plain un-American to say

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2017, 09:32 PM
I did not expect this from you.... That is plain un-American to say

Agree....I don't even know him anymore. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2017, 09:34 PM
Pepperoni is hideous

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26063&stc=1

ST_Lawson
September 18th, 2017, 09:37 PM
MFW someone hands me a slice of pineapple pizza...
http://www.beefmagazine.com/sites/beefmagazine.com/files/uploads/2014/04/Ron%20Swanson%20Meme%201.jpg

I like meat on my pizza...a lot, and mostly pig.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 09:39 PM
http://www.beefmagazine.com/sites/beefmagazine.com/files/uploads/2014/04/Ron%20Swanson%20Meme%201.jpg

Do you like fish sticks?

CappinHard
September 18th, 2017, 09:39 PM
http://www.tetraciousfrustration.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/peter-mueller-it-s-got-pineapple-on-it-you-ll-have-to-go-to-hell-cartoon.jpg

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2017, 09:41 PM

https://68.media.tumblr.com/859d53ee47b98c816bfeb876934da8d1/tumblr_inline_nppcz4KWpk1sztbua_500.gif

cx500d
September 18th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Do you like fish sticks?

Have they even made fishsticks since the 70's? I'm pretty sure I had one of the last packages made when I was in junior high.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Have they even made fishsticks since the 70's? I'm pretty sure I had one of the last packages made when I was in junior high.

So you like fish sticks in your mouth?

cx500d
September 18th, 2017, 09:44 PM

**** no...I'll never forgive my mother for those

Professor Chaos
September 18th, 2017, 09:57 PM
No but Kanye West does.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 09:59 PM
No but Kanye West does.

This guy gets it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2017, 09:59 PM
No but Kanye West does.

Wonder if Zuckerberg invested 1 billion in Kanye's "ideas" like he wanted him to.....xeyebrowx.......xrolleyesx.....:D

cx500d
September 18th, 2017, 10:01 PM
This guy gets it.

Wasn't drawing a nasty conclusion because I have PTSD from the **** my mother cooked when I was a kid

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 10:02 PM
Wasn't drawing a nasty conclusion because I have PTSD from the **** my mother cooked when I was a kid

snowflake

cx500d
September 18th, 2017, 10:03 PM
snowflake

I'll invite you over for some of my mom's home "cooking" next time I'm back, twin city boy

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 10:10 PM
I'll invite you over for some of my mom's home "cooking" next time I'm back, twin city boy

As long as it is not beans or shellfish, count me in.

cx500d
September 18th, 2017, 10:11 PM
As long as it is not beans or shellfish, count me in.

Dude, I would never wish that on anyone

GodHelpTheBears
September 18th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Crock-Pot weather is supposed to move in next week. By next weekend, lows will be in the 40s.

It's almost time for beans and ham hocks!

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 10:12 PM
Dude, I would never wish that on anyone

I just cannot eat that. Though steak and potatoes with a side of pineapple is always a good choice.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 10:14 PM
Pepperoni is hideousOk, the next time I see you, we are going to take you for a ride in the country, normally, that is bad, but we might take you to a sausage place to get your mind right.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2017, 10:17 PM
This guy gets it.Yea, so does everybody else except the guy that is caught in the Steely Dan time warp. Rapper, Genius

clenz
Ok, the next time I see you, we are going to take you for a ride in the country, normally, that is bad, but we might take you to a sausage place to get your mind right.

So you're going to take me to the backwoods, away from everyone, and force your sausage into me to "get my mind right"

Um.....

cx500d
I just cannot eat that. Though steak and potatoes with a side of pineapple is always a good choice.

I was referring to my mom's cooking

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Yea, so does everybody else except the guy that is caught in the Steely Dan time warp. Rapper, Genius

#StittHappens

ST_Lawson
September 19th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Crock-Pot weather is supposed to move in next week. By next weekend, lows will be in the 40s.

I can't wait....chili, pulled pork, black-eyed peas w/ ham...all my favorite crock-pot stuff.

BTW...
MVFC - Week 3 in Review: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-3-in-review/

So you're going to take me to the backwoods, away from everyone, and force your sausage into me to "get my mind right"

Um.....

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/oh-my-takei.gif

CappinHard
September 19th, 2017, 08:50 AM

As long as you're talking about pineapple like they make it at the Brazilian places... Roasted with cinnamon and sugar brushed on.

http://brazilgrillrestaurant.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Brazilian-Steakhouse-Pineapple.jpg

ST_Lawson
September 19th, 2017, 08:55 AM
As long as you're talking about pineapple like they make it at the Brazilian places... Roasted with cinnamon and sugar brushed on.

Also, pineapple does go great as part of a glaze on big chunks of ham...just not on pizza.

http://mariahspleasingplates.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/pineapple-chipotle-ribs-3.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 19th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Also, pineapple does go great as part of a glaze on big chunks of ham...just not on pizza.

http://mariahspleasingplates.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/pineapple-chipotle-ribs-3.jpg

I can get onboard with this but I agree, not on pizza.....xsmhx

Yote84
September 19th, 2017, 09:34 AM

Brookings does not have a metro of 250,000 people. Or do a lot of teams in FCS. Brookings is a very small rural town in the middle of nowhere SD of 23k.

250k fills up 19k way easier than 23k fills up 19k.

cx500d
September 19th, 2017, 10:25 AM

http://brazilgrillrestaurant.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Brazilian-Steakhouse-Pineapple.jpg

Brazilian steak house pineapple is good as long as you have the never ending meat supply to go with it

cx500d
September 19th, 2017, 10:26 AM

Unless it's pineapple upside down on the floor pizza

Jacks02
September 19th, 2017, 10:28 AM
This guy gets it.

Big surprise, Professor Chaos gets a South Park joke! =)

Drblankstare
September 19th, 2017, 11:09 AM

Love me some crockpot food for tailgaiting. Though I did see they sell speedie sauce in Hornbachers now, so I might have to cook up some speedies this weekend.

Professor Chaos
September 19th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Brookings does not have a metro of 250,000 people. Or do a lot of teams in FCS. Brookings is a very small rural town in the middle of nowhere SD of 23k.

250k fills up 19k way easier than 23k fills up 19k.
Bull**** excuse is bull****. SDSU and USD have no issues filling up the Premier Center in Sioux Falls with 11,000 basketball fans on a weekday/night in early March. The SD schools have fan bases plenty big to fill their football venues but their fan bases just don't care about football that much... at least not as much as NDSU.

Its the opposite for basketball. I wish NDSU's fan base would support basketball like the SD schools do but I guess each fan base has to pay somewhere.

Thumper 76
September 19th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Bull**** excuse is bull****. SDSU and USD have no issues filling up the Premier Center in Sioux Falls with 11,000 basketball fans on a weekday/night in early March. The SD schools have fan bases plenty big to fill their football venues but their fan bases just don't care about football that much... at least not as much as NDSU.

Its the opposite for basketball. I wish NDSU's fan base would support basketball like the SD schools do but I guess each fan base has to pay somewhere.

Which is in a largely SDSU metro area of 250k. I think it's an excuse as well to a point but it's more of an issue of maturing the football fanbase IMO. It doesn't help when last year our beat writer said in his group chat that it's a better deal for folks to stay in Sioux Falls and watch USF and Augie for the money, since he's their old writer and has a hard on for all things Sioux Falls.

clenz
September 19th, 2017, 01:22 PM
Are we really considering Brookings part of the Sioux Falls metro?

It's an hour north.

That's like calling Cedar Falls/Waterloo, Iowa City, and Cedar Rapids all one metro.

I guess UNI is in a metro of nearly 750K

ST_Lawson
September 19th, 2017, 01:24 PM

Yup, you guys pack your house for football, SD schools fill the BBall arenas, we pull a ton of people for...um....well....
nevermind

Hammerhead
September 19th, 2017, 01:31 PM

I always thought Phish and Styx should go on tour together sometime.

The Yo Show
September 19th, 2017, 01:39 PM
So um, about conference play starting, where do you guys see the top teams being? I'm really starting to think that while having two of these games at home for YSU will be good, the next three weeks are gonna be hell:

SDSU @ Home September 30th
South Dakota @ South Dakota October 7th
NDSU @ Home October 14th

BisonTru
September 19th, 2017, 01:48 PM
So um, about conference play starting, where do you guys see the top teams being? I'm really starting to think that while having two of these games at home for YSU will be good, the next three weeks are gonna be hell:

SDSU @ Home September 30th
South Dakota @ South Dakota October 7th
NDSU @ Home October 14th

Tough stretch, but all winnable.

Go 3-0 and you probably have the conference wrapped up.
2-1 would be damn respectable and much more likely than the first.
1-2 a little disappointing but it wouldn't eliminate the playoffs
0-3, probably would need to win out

Missing Western this year helps. @SIU, @UNI and vs. ISUr should be tossups in YSU's favor.

@ISUb and vs. MSU should be wins.

clenz
September 19th, 2017, 02:01 PM

It's an hour north.

That's like calling Cedar Falls/Waterloo, Iowa City, and Cedar Rapids all one metro.

I did the math

From the house I grew up in in NW Iowa it is 47 miles to Falls Park/Downtown Sioux Falls
From SDSU's campus to the same exact location is 57 miles

I can say I grew up in a metro of 300K and not podunk Iowa town of 800 anymore

Nice.

underdawg
September 19th, 2017, 02:02 PM
www.sun-sentinel.com/Sports/miami-dolphins/94645879-132.html

SIU Saluki rookie LB Chase Allen Starts for Dolphins--a happy kid.
(http://www.sun-sentinel.com/Sports/miami-dolphins/94645879-132.html)

Yote84
September 19th, 2017, 02:02 PM

It's an hour north.

No kidding. No it is not part of the Sioux Falls metro. Humper is just not a very smart man.

clenz
September 19th, 2017, 02:10 PM
This is now the Sioux Falls metro...largest metro by land mass in the world

Still doesn't qualify as one of the largest 1,000 by population

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26069&stc=1

Hammerhead
September 19th, 2017, 02:10 PM
I'm just looking forward to conference play to give the Bison a good test.

RabidRabbit
September 19th, 2017, 02:14 PM

Montana State vs SDSU for Gold Rush was sellout # 1. DakotaMarker #2. SDSU/USD both going for playoffs seeding, expected #3.

Hammerhead
September 19th, 2017, 02:14 PM
People drive 70 miles from Fargo to Grand Forks to watch Hockey at UND.

Green1
September 19th, 2017, 02:16 PM
You guys are so precious with your convoluted reasoning, trying to subjectively prove that NDSU has an advantage over your schools because of the population of Fargo.

Why don't you use the population within a reasonable driving distance from your respective schools. I think there is no advantage to NDSU over your schools. In fact, I think it is the opposite. Your schools are the ones with population advantages.

clenz
September 19th, 2017, 02:22 PM
You guys are so precious with your convoluted reasoning, trying to subjectively prove that NDSU has an advantage over your schools because of the population of Fargo.

Why don't you use the population within a reasonable driving distance from your respective schools. I think there is no advantage to NDSU over your schools. In fact, I think it is the opposite. Your schools are the ones with population advantages.
We are also just as close/closer to 5-8 P5 schools than NDSU is to 1

Green1
September 19th, 2017, 02:27 PM
We are also just as close/closer to 5-8 P5 schools than NDSU is to 1

Is that why Brookings has a hard time selling out football games? Why they have to beg corporations to buy out remaining tickets so the mean ol' Bison fans don't buy them?

NDSU fans can drive hundreds of miles to sell out their stadium but it is too much to expect their fans to drive an hour to do the same? Smh....

BisonFan02
September 19th, 2017, 02:29 PM

Yeah....my commute to the games is 1 1/2 hour one way. I would be curious how much of the dome is filled up by non-locals...alot of transplants with no ties to NDSU per say.

clenz
September 19th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Is that why Brookings has a hard time selling out football games? Why they have to beg corporations to buy out remaining tickets so the mean ol' Bison fans don't buy them?

NDSU fans can drive hundreds of miles to sell out their stadium but it is too much to expect their fans to drive an hour to do the same? Smh....
I can't speak to SDSU.

Within the 4-5 hour window of UNI we have
Nebraska
Iowa State
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Illinois
Mizzou
Kansas

We have a core group of fans and then we have to pray that we are good enough to keep people from going to Iowa City, Ames, Madison, etc... for tailgating/games.

Evolution Prime
September 19th, 2017, 02:47 PM

It's an hour north.

I hope we are not.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/news/city/2016/03/24/sioux-falls-area-population-passes-250k-mark/82165824/

I don't know if Thumper was meaning SDSU (and USD) was drawing from 250k for just the Summit League Tournament. I think what we are trying to say is that SDSU (and USD) are at a disadvantage football wise with only small populations to locally draw from for football games. I'm sure SDSU draws from Sioux Falls well (and USD from Sioux City) for football, but its is a distinct advantage when you can draw from a fan base that doesn't even have to leave the city.

Evolution Prime
September 19th, 2017, 02:49 PM

I'm driving 5 hours one way. Ok maybe not the day of the game...

Redbird 4th & short
September 19th, 2017, 03:27 PM
I can't speak to SDSU.

Within the 4-5 hour window of UNI we have
Nebraska
Iowa State
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Illinois
Mizzou
Kansas

We have a core group of fans and then we have to pray that we are good enough to keep people from going to Iowa City, Ames, Madison, etc... for tailgating/games.

ditto for ISU, except our radius is 1-2 hours: U of I, Northwestern, Notre Dame, NIU, Bradley then all the directionals: WIU, SIU, EIU). Expand to 4 hours, and the number of D-I programs triples at least. Plus we have all the Chicago teams less than 2 hours away. Very hard to get any paper, radio, or news coverage .. there can only be one front page or lead story.

Yote84
September 19th, 2017, 03:28 PM

NDSU is the exception, not the norm. You have an amazing following where fans will fly in from Australia for games. That's not reality in the rest of the world like Brookings, Vermillion, Terre Haute, Macomb, Carbondale, etc.

Most people are not going to drive 2 to 4 hours on Saturdays for a 3 to 4 hour football game. Just the way it is. It's also the reason the Missouri Valley wants nothing to do with the XDSU's getting into their conference for basketball. You forget Fargo is in the asshole of earth and there is nothing else to do there.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2017, 03:34 PM

Only a moron would eat fruit on a god damn pizza. I refuse to believe that it is even possible to be that big of an asshole. Been wrong before though.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2017, 03:37 PM
STFU all you eat on a pizza is pepperoni and maybe sausage and other pork products.

Yeah dude, it f'n pizza! It ain't a pastry.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Pepperoni is hideous

you're hideous. I can't even look at you.

clenz
September 19th, 2017, 03:42 PM
NDSU is the exception, not the norm. You have an amazing following where fans will fly in from Australia for games. That's not reality in the rest of the world like Brookings, Vermillion, Terre Haute, Macomb, Carbondale, etc.

Most people are not going to drive 2 to 4 hours on Saturdays for a 3 to 4 hour football game. Just the way it is. It's also the reason the Missouri Valley wants nothing to do with the XDSU's getting into their conference for basketball. You forget Fargo is in the asshole of earth and there is nothing else to do there.
I quite like Fargo.

The point of NDSU being the only show for miles? 100% spot on.

However, NDSU has taken full advantage of that with how they present themselves and market themselves. Can't blame them.

clenz
September 19th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Only a moron would eat fruit on a god damn pizza. I refuse to believe that it is even possible to be that big of an asshole. Been wrong before though.
You've known me for how long? Surely you know it was possible to be that big of an asshole, even without adding in me eating fruit on pizza.

clenz
September 19th, 2017, 03:44 PM
you're hideous. I can't even look at you.
Neither can my wife.....

JSUSoutherner
September 19th, 2017, 03:49 PM
You've known me for how long? Surely you know it was possible to be that big of an asshole, even without adding in me eating fruit on pizza.
Never cease to disappoint.

Schism55
September 19th, 2017, 03:57 PM
I quite like Fargo.

However, NDSU has taken full advantage of that with how they present themselves and market themselves. Can't blame them.
How dare you disparage Concordia and MSU Moorhead like that :D

ST_Lawson
September 19th, 2017, 04:08 PM
I quite like Fargo.

Same here. I've never been to Fargo, but from everything I've heard, it sounds like a nice place and I'd love to visit. Besides, a metro area with over 200,000 people has gotta have more to do than a small town with under 20,000. You got a Target?....how about a mall?...maybe a Starbucks?...yup, you win.

NDSU has done a great job of being the "only game in town" in an city that has larger population than pretty much our entire region of the state.

What's "reasonable driving distance" considered? Around here...maybe an hour?...if that. The only people traveling further than an hour for a WIU game are the players parents and sometimes potential recruits. An hour doesn't get you much of anywhere around here.

clenz
September 19th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Same here. I've never been to Fargo, but from everything I've heard, it sounds like a nice place and I'd love to visit. Besides, a metro area with over 200,000 people has gotta have more to do than a small town with under 20,000. You got a Target?....how about a mall?...maybe a Starbucks?...yup, you win.

NDSU has done a great job of being the "only game in town" in an city that has larger population than pretty much our entire region of the state.

Fargo takes some getting used too. They hate when this is mentioned but the absolutely flatness of that area is actually takes a while to get used too - you can't do it in a normal weekend trip. I can't sell how flat it is enough to get someone that hasn't been there to understand it. I know, I know. I'm from Iowa. It's not like I live in the mountains, but we at least have rolling hills. In Fargo you can literally see the curve of the earth in the distance. It's also very spread out - in large part, accoring to IBY - due to the soil content. Can't build up or close together as it's a very "clay" soil. It takes getting used too, but it creates a very unique feel.

Fargo also hates "chains". The number of breweries and local restaurants is nuts. Cities like Des Moines, Sioux Falls, Cedar Rapids, Cedar Falls/W'loo, Iowa City, etc... are just loaded with chain restaurants. I'm not sure they exist in Fargo.

I would suggest going for a football game. Would it be enjoyable 24/7/365? I suppose if you had a great group of friends. I'd move there simply because of guys like IBY, Thumper, POD, etc... That isn't a joke at all. If I didn't have kids that were super attached to grandparents I'd attempt a move/career change.

BisonFan02
September 19th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Fargo takes some getting used too. They hate when this is mentioned but the absolutely flatness of that area is actually takes a while to get used too - you can't do it in a normal weekend trip. I can't sell how flat it is enough to get someone that hasn't been there to understand it. I know, I know. I'm from Iowa. It's not like I live in the mountains, but we at least have rolling hills. In Fargo you can literally see the curve of the earth in the distance. It's also very spread out - in large part, accoring to IBY - due to the soil content. Can't build up or close together as it's a very "clay" soil. It takes getting used too, but it creates a very unique feel.

Fargo also hates "chains". The number of breweries and local restaurants is nuts. Cities like Des Moines, Sioux Falls, Cedar Rapids, Cedar Falls/W'loo, Iowa City, etc... are just loaded with chain restaurants. I'm not sure they exist in Fargo.

I would suggest going for a football game. Would it be enjoyable 24/7/365? I suppose if you had a great group of friends. I'd move there simply because of guys like IBY, Thumper, POD, etc... That isn't a joke at all. If I didn't have kids that were super attached to grandparents I'd attempt a move/career change.

Fargo has plenty of chains.....these ****ers will wait in line when a Sonic or Chipolte open. xlolx

But there are plenty of good joints....just gotta find em.

TheKingpin28
September 19th, 2017, 04:27 PM

And then on a pizza?

POD Knows
September 19th, 2017, 04:32 PM
Yeah dude, it f'n pizza! It ain't a pastry.
You don't like peppers, onions, and mushrooms on pizza?

cx500d
September 19th, 2017, 04:33 PM
You don't like peppers, onions, and mushrooms on pizza?

Sure, but those are an adjunct to the meat

GodHelpTheBears
September 19th, 2017, 04:35 PM
The city/metro size argument is overblown. If your product is bad, it doesn't matter how many people live within X miles of it.

Hell, we have thousands of students within 100 feet of the stadium every home game and they choose to stand in new quad with their cases of Bud Light instead of actually entering the stadium and making our attendance look better.