Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Bisonator
August 7th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Classic Jake...
https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/894005644625289216

Jeeze your DB's are awful. xcoffeex

dewey
August 7th, 2017, 11:01 AM
NDSU ALL American defensive end Greg Menard is out for the 2017 season due to a knee injury.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170807/66cf0e61d90a7ed86a42672ecbe011ac.jpg

http://www.wday.com/node/4308583/

Dewey

clenz
August 7th, 2017, 11:09 AM
Rumors are that UNI starting QB Eli Dunne is done for a while - maybe the season.

UNI is always pretty tight lipped on these things, but I'd be most UNI fans didn't even...still don't...know there is an issue. I heard a rumor, and confirmed it through another place that is very well connected, that Dunne suffered and ankle injury last weekend in practice. He's been in a boot ever since the injury, except media day where they created a tape cast to avoid having him in a boot with media around. He is set for an MRI today.

Doesn't sound good. Sounds like a kid that redshirted last year is likely next in line...who knows

dewey
August 7th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Rumors are that UNI starting QB Eli Dunne is done for a while - maybe the season.

UNI is always pretty tight lipped on these things, but I'd be most UNI fans didn't even...still don't...know there is an issue. I heard a rumor, and confirmed it through another place that is very well connected, that Dunne suffered and ankle injury last weekend in practice. He's been in a boot ever since the injury, except media day where they created a tape cast to avoid having him in a boot with media around. He is set for an MRI today.

Doesn't sound good. Sounds like a kid that redshirted last year is likely next in line...who knows

That sucks if Dunne is done for extended time or even the season. He looked good in the few games I saw.

Dewey

Bisonator
August 7th, 2017, 01:23 PM

That's too bad, hope it's not too serious.

On a lighter note that gives Farley reasons to play musical QB's.xnodx Not that he needs any. xlolx

neverobeyed
August 7th, 2017, 03:22 PM
Well, basketball season is coming.

clenz
August 7th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Well, basketball season is coming.
Should be a good year...and expect some VERY big news in the next two weeks that could change the course of UNI basketball even more.

Yote 53
August 7th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Should be a good year...and expect some VERY big news in the next two weeks that could change the course of UNI basketball even more.

UNI is moving conferences and coming over to the Summit League?

BigGoosie13
August 7th, 2017, 07:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkFaQXIwHZI

underdawg
August 8th, 2017, 02:49 AM
Tough about Menard---more injuries happen in practice (or off the field) than anytime during a game. In fact SIU just lost a starting CB who dropped something on his foot at his apartment and is out with a compound fracture to his frickin toe--things happen

underdawg
August 8th, 2017, 02:50 AM

a 2017 recruit?

clenz
August 8th, 2017, 06:15 AM
a 2017 recruit?

4* top 100 on every recruiting service.

The Yo Show
August 8th, 2017, 03:55 PM
So... I really thinking massey predictions must be broken?

NW Missouri (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5684&s=295489)
N Dakota St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5545&s=295489)

Actual Score

Most Likely

Median

Mean

Win Probability
56%
45%

NW Missouri N Dakota St
Actual Score 0 0
Most Likely 24 21
Median 23 21
Mean 24.30 22.12
Win Probability 56% 45%

clenz
August 8th, 2017, 04:06 PM
So... I really thinking massey predictions must be broken?

NW Missouri (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5684&s=295489)
N Dakota St (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5545&s=295489)

Actual Score

Most Likely

Median

Mean

Win Probability
56%
45%

NW Missouri N Dakota St
Actual Score 0 0
Most Likely 24 21
Median 23 21
Mean 24.30 22.12
Win Probability 56% 45%
This was brought up in another thread about a different topic.

The draw back to computer ratings is they don't take real life into account when it comes to things that cross divisions

CompughterRatings has NW Missouri State at TD favorites over UNI...in the UNIDome.
It gives NW Missouri State about equal odds against Kansas State and other equal level FBS teams
It would favor NW Missouri State over about 70-80 FBS schools.

For reference
NW Missouri State's predicted outcome AT Kansas State is a loss but 31-26
North Dakota State's predicted outcome at LSU is a 25-30 point loss.

NWMSU's ranking in ComputerRanking would have them 5th in the FCS.
It has them equal to Syracuse, Indiana, Wyoming, Arizona, Central Florida and Iowa State in the FBS - about middle of the pack.

Kansas State is preseason 21st in Compughter ratings, LSU is 13th.

When looking at a system built on ranking all divisions at the same time, without taking into account factors that actually impact the game you lose a bunch of credibility when running sims. When looking at it strictly D1 against D1 (more specifically FBS vs FBS and FCS vs FCS) and D2 vs D2, D3 vs D3 and NAIA v NAIA you can build a pretty good system.

Crossing divisions just isn't a good thing

Redbird 4th & short
August 8th, 2017, 09:34 PM
This was brought up in another thread about a different topic.

The draw back to computer ratings is they don't take real life into account when it comes to things that cross divisions

CompughterRatings has NW Missouri State at TD favorites over UNI...in the UNIDome.
It gives NW Missouri State about equal odds against Kansas State and other equal level FBS teams
It would favor NW Missouri State over about 70-80 FBS schools.

For reference
NW Missouri State's predicted outcome AT Kansas State is a loss but 31-26
North Dakota State's predicted outcome at LSU is a 25-30 point loss.

NWMSU's ranking in ComputerRanking would have them 5th in the FCS.
It has them equal to Syracuse, Indiana, Wyoming, Arizona, Central Florida and Iowa State in the FBS - about middle of the pack.

Kansas State is preseason 21st in Compughter ratings, LSU is 13th.

When looking at a system built on ranking all divisions at the same time, without taking into account factors that actually impact the game you lose a bunch of credibility when running sims. When looking at it strictly D1 against D1 (more specifically FBS vs FBS and FCS vs FCS) and D2 vs D2, D3 vs D3 and NAIA v NAIA you can build a pretty good system.

Crossing divisions just isn't a good thing
100% agree about ranking systems across divisions .. though I think FCS vs FBS works ok given there are a lot of games each year .. I believe 2017 will have 98 FBS vs FCS games. I have found Sagarin to struggle even more with this though only observed some goofy FBS vs FCS situations where Sagarin seems to give FCS teams credit for getting blown out by good FBS team. Massey seems to be better for FBS vs FCS.

But as far as D-I vs D-II which might play 10 games per year but almost never against top 25 level teams ... clearly not good. Note, Massey had NW Missouri ranked 20th in 2016 across all college teams .. clearly, that aspect is broke.

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2016&sub=12801

Redbird 4th & short
August 8th, 2017, 09:50 PM
and while we're on the topic .. there are just over 125 FBS teams, of which 98 will be playing an FCS game. So let's call it about 28 FBS which are not playing FCS games .. 14 of them (half) are the Big 10 .. thanks to Wisconsin's Barry Alvarez successfully lobbying the rest of Big 10 to ban all conference teams from schedule FCS games .. supposedly because it made them less competitive.

Uh ... 98 other teams, many them P5 schools in SEC, ACC, Big 12, and PAC 10 .. sure seems like a level playing field and doesn't seem to hurt their ability to compete for national championships.

Prime Power
August 9th, 2017, 02:29 PM
and while we're on the topic .. there are just over 125 FBS teams, of which 98 will be playing an FCS game. So let's call it about 28 FBS which are not playing FCS games .. 14 of them (half) are the Big 10 .. thanks to Wisconsin's Barry Alvarez successfully lobbying the rest of Big 10 to ban all conference teams from schedule FCS games .. supposedly because it made them less competitive.

Uh ... 98 other teams, many them P5 schools in SEC, ACC, Big 12, and PAC 10 .. sure seems like a level playing field and doesn't seem to hurt their ability to compete for national championships.

That is because the Big 10 was playing schools that could play them close and actually beat them. Mainly because the Big 10 was down and it was a lose lose situation for them. The other P5 schools were not scheduling MVFC teams, they were/are playing teams that they know are not competitve for the most part. I bet it will be hard for the MVFC to schedule Big10 teams in the future as well .

Yote 53
August 9th, 2017, 03:15 PM
That is because the Big 10 was playing schools that could play them close and actually beat them. Mainly because the Big 10 was down and it was a lose lose situation for them. The other P5 schools were not scheduling MVFC teams, they were/are playing teams that they know are not competitve for the most part. I bet it will be hard for the MVFC to schedule Big10 teams in the future as well .

I'd say it will be. USD will be taking a tour of the Big 12 conference for the next several years.

cx500d
August 9th, 2017, 05:10 PM
I'd say it will be. USD will be taking a tour of the Big 12 conference for the next several years.

Don't embarrass us.

GodHelpTheBears
August 9th, 2017, 06:28 PM
Don't embarrass us.

They can't do worse than we have

cx500d
August 9th, 2017, 07:33 PM
They can't do worse than we have

They have "Dakota" in their name, so they have more potential to embarrass us. We already expect zip from you.

Redbird 4th & short
August 9th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Big 10 is reconsidering ban on FCS games for years in which a Big 10 team only play 4 of 9 conference games at home. But for now .. we are banned thanks to Barry Alvarez's efforts ... and UNI for nearly beating Wisconsin in 2012.

clenz
August 9th, 2017, 09:25 PM
The ban has already been officially revised.

ST_Lawson
August 9th, 2017, 09:30 PM

We've got Illinois next year, but that was grandfathered in from before the ban. Past that we're all across the board: Big 12, Mountain West, MAC, Sun Belt.

Good news is that if we're playing good football those years, we have a decent shot at winning most of them. Not U of I or OK State probably, but the rest are Colorado State, Ball State, and South Alabama...which are beatable if we play well and get a bit of luck on our side.

Bisonator
August 10th, 2017, 09:19 AM
The B1G should just ****ing spell it out. "No games against top FCS teams will be scheduled because we are afraid of losing to them. We will only be scheduling weaklings for cheap home wins."

Yote 53
August 10th, 2017, 09:33 AM
The B1G should just ****ing spell it out. "No games against top FCS teams will be scheduled because we are afraid of losing to them. We will only be scheduling weaklings for cheap home wins."

Well...yeah...duh. The BIG's problem is that their local FCS schools are MVFC schools and too damn good to schedule...not easy wins. The SEC doesn't have this problem as there are plenty of local patsies for them to schedule. Heck, even a mediocre (at best) USD team was able to beat the Gophers in 2010. Just too much talent on these MVFC teams. Fortunately the Big 12 is still willing to schedule, though I don't know why after NDSU took down K-State.

USD future Big 12 games:

2018 - Kansas State
2019 - Oklahoma
2020 - Iowa State
2021 - Kansas

I don't expect a win against K-State, may be doable but would be very tough. OU, that would shock the world. Against ISU and KU, absolutely expect to win provided Coach Nielson is still here and the program continues to build on the same trajectory.

Yote84
August 10th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Both SDSU and USD have way to many casual fans where these practices are needed to keep seats in the hands of the home team when you have a great traveling fan base like the Bison do. Nothing wrong with what the Jacks are doing.

Not surprised Humper76 shows his unwavering homer biased by thinking what SDSU is doing is different from what USD did/does. Or a lot of other teams for that matter. Way to be a realistic poster again tool bag.

Thumper 76
August 10th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Both SDSU and USD have way to many casual fans where these practices are needed to keep seats in the hands of the home team when you have a great traveling fan base like the Bison do. Nothing wrong with what the Jacks are doing.

Not surprised Humper76 shows his unwavering homer biased by thinking what SDSU is doing is different from what USD did/does. Or a lot of other teams for that matter. Way to be a realistic poster again tool bag.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170810/14e89ccbccad7f5ae9a47fb1fd54eff3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CappinHard
August 10th, 2017, 09:57 AM

It is different... USD forced people to buy a ticket to their crappy home opener. SDSU is not doing that.

Professor Chaos
August 10th, 2017, 11:00 AM
It is different... USD forced people to buy a ticket to their crappy home opener. SDSU is not doing that.
To my recollection they only did that to the 2012 game in Sioux Falls. For the 2014 and 2016 games they didn't do that... they just held single game sales of the NDSU game until late in October I believe which was only a few weeks before the game both years. Both tactics seem very similar but USD held tickets much longer than SDSU is before selling to the general public.

EDIT: Looked it up on the Bisonville bitching threads and in 2014 the game was 10/25 and USD started selling to the general public on 10/17. In 2016 the game was on 11/19 and they started selling tickets to the general public on 11/2.

BisonTru
August 10th, 2017, 12:29 PM

I don't mind the packaging a most likely sellout like NDSU with a garbage preseason game. The Gophers do that frequently with the Iowa/Wisconsin games (although the year they combined NDSU/Iowa games was a big mistake on their part).

This holding off on selling games to non-boosters and/or non-last-year-ticket-buyers is also putting any of your own fans out that don't fit that criteria. IMO, just get the NDSU and a garbage preseason game sold out and that's extra revenue for your program. You're just kissing money away trying to keep Bison fans out going the route they are.

CappinHard
August 10th, 2017, 12:42 PM
I don't mind the packaging a most likely sellout like NDSU with a garbage preseason game. The Gophers do that frequently with the Iowa/Wisconsin games (although the year they combined NDSU/Iowa games was a big mistake on their part).

This holding off on selling games to non-boosters and/or non-last-year-ticket-buyers is also putting any of your own fans out that don't fit that criteria. IMO, just get the NDSU and a garbage preseason game sold out and that's extra revenue for your program. You're just kissing money away trying to keep Bison fans out going the route they are.

1. It's going to sell out regardless.
2. We are already charging $47 per ticket for this game. If you package the first game with it, I don't think we can charge much more than that, so you don't increase revenue that significantly.
3. I would rather pack as much blue into the stadium as possible. There will still be a lot of people that show up for the opener, and I don't think the small revenue bump would be worth it.
4. This is genius... Now more NDSU fans (and hopefully SDSU fans) will feel like they need to buy season tickets to make sure they get a ticket for the NDSU game, or at the very least buy a ticket to a game the previous year to make sure they have access. Either way, increasing revenue.

BisonTru
August 10th, 2017, 12:46 PM
2. We are already charging $47 per ticket for this game. If you package the first game with it, I don't think we can charge much more than that, so you don't increase revenue that significantly.
3. I would rather pack as much blue into the stadium as possible. There will still be a lot of people that show up for the opener, and I don't think the small revenue bump would be worth it.
4. This is genius... Now more NDSU fans (and hopefully SDSU fans) will feel like they need to buy season tickets to make sure they get a ticket for the NDSU game, or at the very least buy a ticket to a game the previous year to make sure they have access. Either way, increasing revenue.

I'd easily buy tickets at $47 + a garbage ticket to Duquesne. Instead I'll probably find tickets close to the game at close to face.

mmiller_34
August 10th, 2017, 04:09 PM

Quoting the post you're referring to helps. Especially when reviving past topics. Just spent 10 minutes trying to find how how this topic got brought back up or if you just back it back out of thin air.

BTW, yes I agree with your point about needing certain practices to keep Bison out.

Also name calling is mean. Meany-pants.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/c552b61f64ea71b300d847d9d5e8fb19/tumblr_inline_orekae8QzG1sz9gyq_400.gif

BisonFan02
August 10th, 2017, 04:20 PM

**** it. I'm not going. Gonna watch it on TV.

mmiller_34
August 10th, 2017, 04:23 PM

1 down, 3-4k to go.

BisonFan02
August 10th, 2017, 04:26 PM
1 down, 3-4k to go.

I wasn't going anyway. xlolx

mmiller_34
August 10th, 2017, 04:28 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/Lry6jqqgMf3kk/giphy.gif

CappinHard
August 10th, 2017, 04:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uSeuYyPDBQ

TheKingpin28
August 10th, 2017, 04:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uSeuYyPDBQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnedkVrgFF0

TheKingpin28
August 10th, 2017, 04:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnedkVrgFF0

Yote 53
August 10th, 2017, 04:53 PM

5. We South Dakotans practically all know each other. Season ticket and booster club people just buy mass swaths of tickets for their friends and relatives and resell them at face value. That's already happening for the SDSU game this year in Vermillion as Howling Pack members are buying up tickets in bulk for friends. SDSU fans will do the same with NDSU tickets.

Professor Chaos
August 10th, 2017, 04:57 PM
5. We South Dakotans practically all know each other. Season ticket and booster club people just buy mass swaths of tickets for their friends and relatives and resell them at face value. That's already happening for the SDSU game this year in Vermillion as Howling Pack members are buying up tickets in bulk for friends. SDSU fans will do the same with NDSU tickets.
Why don't they do that for all games?

cx500d
August 10th, 2017, 05:08 PM

Hell, you're all practically related to each other.

mmiller_34
August 10th, 2017, 05:15 PM

https://m.popkey.co/cf3fce/VWjAG.gif

cx500d
August 10th, 2017, 05:19 PM
So did you take your sister or cousin to the prom?

https://m.popkey.co/cf3fce/VWjAG.gif

TheKingpin28
August 10th, 2017, 05:41 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cx500d again.

GodHelpTheBears
August 10th, 2017, 05:43 PM
While fall camp is in full swing, a quarterback competition gets in stride and a defense tries to replace an All-American, our local newspaper posted...this year's schedule.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2017/08/10/missouri-state-football-schedule-2017/557126001/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

Yet another great example of the inquisitive, informative content published in the Springfield News-Leader.

TheKingpin28
August 10th, 2017, 05:53 PM
While fall camp is in full swing, a quarterback competition gets in stride and a defense tries to replace an All-American, our local newspaper posted...this year's schedule.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2017/08/10/missouri-state-football-schedule-2017/557126001/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

Yet another great example of the inquisitive, informative content published in the Springfield News-Leader.

The amount of sarcasm is this post is too good not to rep.

GodHelpTheBears
August 10th, 2017, 05:56 PM
The amount of sarcasm is this post is too good not to rep.

I feel like I'm ripping off Letterman with that one. If he didn't say that exactly, he was probably very close at some point.

cx500d
August 10th, 2017, 05:58 PM

It appears to be factual at least. Here's what it looks like in the Huffington Post, WaPost, NYTimes, and CNN:
Missouri State2017 Football Schedule

Date
Opponent

9/2/2017
vs Missouri State
Columbia, Mo.
11:00 AM

9/9/2017
vs South Carolina
Columbia, Mo.
6:00 PM

9/16/2017
vs Purdue
Columbia, Mo.
3:00 PM

9/23/2017
vs Auburn
Columbia, Mo.

10/7/2017
at Kentucky
Lexington, Ky.

10/14/2017
at Georgia
Athens, Ga.

10/21/2017
vs Idaho
Columbia, Mo.

10/28/2017
at Connecticut
East Hartford, Conn.

11/4/2017
vs Florida
Columbia, Mo.

11/11/2017
vs Tennessee
Columbia, Mo.

11/18/2017
at Vanderbilt
Nashville, Tenn.

11/24/2017
at Arkansas
Fayetteville, Ark.
1:30 PM

GodHelpTheBears
August 10th, 2017, 06:00 PM
It appears to be factual at least. Here's what it looks like in the Huffington Post, WaPost, NYTimes, and CNN:
Missouri State

2017 Football Schedule

Date
Opponent

9/2/2017
vs Missouri State
Columbia, Mo.
11:00 AM

9/9/2017
vs South Carolina
Columbia, Mo.
6:00 PM

9/16/2017
vs Purdue
Columbia, Mo.
3:00 PM

9/23/2017
vs Auburn
Columbia, Mo.

10/7/2017
at Kentucky
Lexington, Ky.

10/14/2017
at Georgia
Athens, Ga.

10/21/2017
vs Idaho
Columbia, Mo.

10/28/2017
at Connecticut
East Hartford, Conn.

11/4/2017
vs Florida
Columbia, Mo.

11/11/2017
vs Tennessee
Columbia, Mo.

11/18/2017
at Vanderbilt
Nashville, Tenn.

11/24/2017
at Arkansas
Fayetteville, Ark.
1:30 PM

Missouri State vs. Missouri State, huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd9muK2M36c

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 10th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Why don't they do that for all games?

They never will. Ind State, SIU, MSU, or just put any other team not NDSU will never sniff a sellout at either SD school.

The Yo Show
August 10th, 2017, 06:43 PM
I believe he was making a FAKE NEWS reference with the schedule lol.

mmiller_34
August 10th, 2017, 07:17 PM
They never will. Ind State, SIU, MSU, or just put any other team not NDSU will never sniff a sellout at either SD school.

Hobo Day will at some point.

Thumper 76
August 10th, 2017, 08:40 PM

The wrong is strong in this one xlolx

cx500d
August 10th, 2017, 10:22 PM
I believe he was making a FAKE NEWS reference with the schedule lol.

We have a winner! That was actually Mizzou's schedule, but nobody ever heard of Mizzou State, for sure its football team.

POD Knows
August 11th, 2017, 07:06 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNah, you will be back to mediocrity next year or the year after and playing before 8,000.

GodHelpTheBears
August 11th, 2017, 07:21 AM
We have a winner! That was actually Mizzou's schedule, but nobody ever heard of Mizzou State, for sure its football team.

Who would? Mizzou State doesn't exist. That would be silly.

UNIFanSince1983
August 11th, 2017, 03:01 PM

4* top 100 on every recruiting service.

Appears to have come to fruition.

GodHelpTheBears
August 12th, 2017, 11:05 PM
I may have been a bit premature in taking a steaming dump on my local newspaper, because today they published this.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2017/08/12/nigerian-lineman-msu-says-other-football-helps-him-chase-qbs/546662001/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

Generally an interesting and informative (though more in human interest style) article about one of our defensive ends, although I feel the need to point out this egregious sunshine pumping:

"Three years after putting on football pads for the first time, Oluwafunmila is an important part of what could be a dominant defensive line at Missouri State."

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 13th, 2017, 08:07 AM

Question for you Thumper.

Would SDSU still be a NC contender if they lost one of their "Big 3" playmakers? Take Taryn, Dallas or Jake out of the lineup and would the Jacks still be a threat?

NDSU just lost an All-American but IMO, will not lose much in terms of being a legit contender for the NC. Last year it was DeLuca and Tanguay. Year before it was Wentz until the championship game. Every year since '10, the Bison have lost a key player or multiple key players and still won a NC or made it to the semis.

SDSU's offense is a nightmare to slow down for any team but can the defense stop anyone? 2nd game last year, the Bison did a pretty good job on defense and time management with the offense.

Thumper 76
August 13th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Question for you Thumper.

Would SDSU still be a NC contender if they lost one of their "Big 3" playmakers? Take Taryn, Dallas or Jake out of the lineup and would the Jacks still be a threat?

NDSU just lost an All-American but IMO, will not lose much in terms of being a legit contender for the NC. Last year it was DeLuca and Tanguay. Year before it was Wentz until the championship game. Every year since '10, the Bison have lost a key player or multiple key players and still won a NC or made it to the semis.

SDSU's offense is a nightmare to slow down for any team but can the defense stop anyone? 2nd game last year, the Bison did a pretty good job on defense and time management with the offense.

I think the biggest difference between NDSU and SDSU over the last six years has been depth. I truly believe that the starters for SDSU generally were as talented as NDSU, but once you got past that NDSU was way ahead. That's also where I think SDSU has been really gaining recently. With the new stadium recruiting has really picked up. It's made a serious difference.

I think they would still contend as long as it isn't TC. The running game is better than it gets credit for. SDSU's top two rushers return and they combined for 1200+ yds last year and combined to Ave 5.9 ypc. The underrated part of the offense is the O line. They return pretty much everybody and there's several young guys who are expected to beat out the starters.

On defense I highly doubt that they are as bad as they were last year. The Jacks rarely have a bad D, and if they do it's for one year. I expect the defense to be from solid to really good. Could have a couple of true freshman playing on that side of the ball.

Redbird 4th & short
August 13th, 2017, 05:45 PM
SDSU has been a top 8 contender 5 straight years since 2012 .. using Massey Composite, which is as objective as it gets.

- 2012 .. ranked 6th
- 2013 .. ranked 8th
- 2014 .. ranked 5th
- 2015 .. ranked 7th
- 2016 .. ranked 5th

So I think it is safe to say their program reloads better than most. And gets screwed out of top 8 seeds more than most .. and has to go thru Fargo almost every year as further punishment.

mmiller_34
August 13th, 2017, 06:12 PM
SDSU has been a top 8 contender 5 straight years since 2012 .. using Massey Composite, which is as objective as it gets.

- 2012 .. ranked 6th
- 2013 .. ranked 8th
- 2014 .. ranked 5th
- 2015 .. ranked 7th
- 2016 .. ranked 5th

So I think it is safe to say their program reloads better than most. And gets screwed out of top 8 seeds more than most .. and has to go thru Fargo almost every year as further punishment.

Cue USD, UNI, and NDSU fans calling out the weaknesses of the Massey Composite Poll in.....3.....2.......1.....

Redbird 4th & short
August 13th, 2017, 06:20 PM
Cue USD, UNI, and NDSU fans calling out the weaknesses of the Massey Composite Poll in.....3.....2.......1.....

ah yes .. the average of 35+ polls .. clearly something to be disregarded as lacking objectivity and credibility.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 13th, 2017, 06:44 PM

IIRC, most Bison fans on here think SDSU/NDSU has been screwed in the playoff brackets and playing each other all the time.

UNIFanSince1983
August 14th, 2017, 09:01 AM

You will never hear me disparage an computer ratings or even the Massey Composite. xthumbsupx

clenz
August 14th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Um...

Again, there are 2 UNI fans that post here.

What of the last few years leads anyone to think we have any issues with anything other than the state of our program?

In general I like computer ratings. I have pointed out some pretty serious flaws with them in regards to overall performance and more specific to how they calculate conferences because of how a few conferences insulate themselves, as well as how a couple compare across D1 to D2 and below. Computers will always suffer from strong bias, even though they are supposedly unbiased. They do what they are told, and will suffer the bias of the person that wrote them. Computers can't take things into account like "fluke/how the ball bounced that day" incidents. Weather, Injuries, etc... Just raw scores. Believe it or not, the better team doesn't always win. The better team doesn't always win by the computers predicted margins, which hurts them. Win by too much? Also hurts in the computer system because it shows their opponent is "Weaker" than expected, not that the team winning was stronger than expected.

I'd trust a few computer polls - they aren't all equal - over many of the AGS poll voters I've seen post their ballots. However, the AGS poll puts like 80-100 people together with bias account built in so that turns out good.

Bison56
August 14th, 2017, 10:02 AM

https://xmnuz23762.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/32261i66E4F74609E2E011?v=1.0 (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjOyZSX_9bVAhXjzVQKHQcRDw4QjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.fitbit.com%2Ft5%2FiOS-App%2FGoal-Day-Trophy-Glich%2Ftd-p%2F1178011&psig=AFQjCNGpG9JDFsjRe8behKN4130YHufubQ&ust=1502809318608295)

Lorne_Malvo
August 14th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Cue USD, UNI, and NDSU fans calling out the weaknesses of the Massey Composite Poll in.....3.....2.......1..... Come on man, NDSU fans live and die by Massey and Sagarin. Don't be ridiculous.

POD Knows
August 14th, 2017, 10:09 AM
Cue USD, UNI, and NDSU fans calling out the weaknesses of the Massey Composite Poll in.....3.....2.......1.....When has any NDSU fan complained about the Massey Poll, I must have missed it if somebody did.

Redbird 4th & short
August 14th, 2017, 10:20 AM
i partly agree with the knock on statistical ranking systems when dealing with very disparate strength of schedules .. like those from differnt divisions without doubt. The other knock is it tends to become somewhat self-fulfilling prophecy at extreme ends of spectrum for really good conferences versus really bad conferences. So I like that the OOC games (usually 3, sometimes 4) come first as it creates for less conference bias. So wehn you balance 3-4 OOC games with 3-4 conf games, i tend to think you have pretty balanced situation. But as you get further into season in weeks 10-11 .. it can become somewhat self-fulfilling prophecy .. though not necessarily wrong, just more likely to edge teams from stronger conferences higher than to edge them down.

That said, it is completely objective forumulation and way better than any other available polling system. I have long argued for picking a ranking system (i.e. Massey or Sagarin), but only using it for SOS indexes and rank ... just put it along said the FCS Coached Poll and STATS Poll. So when looking at two 7-4 teams .. one havng played against the 6th ranked SOS and the other against the 36th ranked SOS .. it is pretty obvious, which is better team for all to see.

IBleedYellow
August 14th, 2017, 10:40 AM
Holy ****.

Football needs to get here so y'all can stop circlejerking and we can get back to telling each other how much we suck.

Time to cheer on NDSU to #6 and go to hobo days and run my mouth and make Thumper save my life multiple times that weekend.

This will be me:
https://media.giphy.com/media/avErJuKxaYKty/giphy.gif

POD Knows
August 14th, 2017, 12:17 PM
Holy ****.

Football needs to get here so y'all can stop circlejerking and we can get back to telling each other how much we suck.

Time to cheer on NDSU to #6 and go to hobo days and run my mouth and make Thumper save my life multiple times that weekend.

This will be me:
https://media.giphy.com/media/avErJuKxaYKty/giphy.gifYou going to wear an SDSU jersey like the USD fans do when they go to Hobo Days.

Thumper 76
August 14th, 2017, 12:21 PM
Holy ****.

This will be me:
https://media.giphy.com/media/avErJuKxaYKty/giphy.gif

Hobo Day is capitalized you heathen.

IBleedYellow
August 14th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Hobo Day is capitalized you heathen.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou're hobos. You don't know any better.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
August 14th, 2017, 01:06 PM
You going to wear an SDSU jersey like the USD fans do when they go to Hobo Days.

I'm ashamed of you.

You think I would ever wear any other schools colors other than NDSU?!

BisonFan02
August 14th, 2017, 01:08 PM
I'm ashamed of you.

You think I would ever wear any other schools colors other than NDSU?!

It's just common courtesy down there to attend each person's **** and support each other. Kinda like kissing cousins....they do that to, but I'm using the metaphor or something.

IBleedYellow
August 14th, 2017, 01:11 PM
I don't bleed stupid jackrabbit blue.

Thumper 76
August 14th, 2017, 01:12 PM
You're hobos. You don't know any better.

During Hobo Week nobody knows better

POD Knows
August 14th, 2017, 01:42 PM
I don't bleed stupid jackrabbit blue.I know you won't wear the other teams colors, this was a jab at the cross dressing pseudo fans of both SDSU and USD that apparently have closets full of their instate rivals clothes that are readily available when they go to each others events.

mango433
August 14th, 2017, 02:26 PM
I know you won't wear the other teams colors, this was a jab at the cross dressing pseudo fans of both SDSU and USD that apparently have closets full of their instate rivals clothes that are readily available when they go to each others events.

Ahh hell no. I barely own anything red, let alone anything USD.

neverobeyed
August 14th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Um...

Again, there are 2 UNI fans that post here.

Hey, there are more that ... oh, post regularly? Yeah, you could be right about that.

What of the last few years leads anyone to think we have any issues with anything other than the state of our program?

We simply don't have the time, trying to keep ahead of whatever QB clusterversy is in the planning in Cedar Falls.

And again this season ... offensive co-coordinators?

It's exhausting, I tell you.

POD Knows
August 14th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Ahh hell no. I barely own anything red, let alone anything USD.Yea, there were a couple USD and SDSU posters that said that the fans from the other schools wear each others colors when they attend the events in the respective cities. When I said that was dumb as ****, I got called a hater. These people that made the comments stated that it happens because they were probably friends in school and wanted to fit in or something like that. It was on a different thread and fairly comical.

Yotes21
August 14th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Yea, there were a couple USD and SDSU posters that said that the fans from the other schools wear each others colors when they attend the events in the respective cities. When I said that was dumb as ****, I got called a hater. These people that made the comments stated that it happens because they were probably friends in school and wanted to fit in or something like that. It was on a different thread and fairly comical.

Those are the fair weather fans. I used to go to homo days to visit friends and would wear U gear to piss the bunnies off. My friends wouldn't care, but the others would give me a lot of ****.

Thumper 76
August 14th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Yea, there were a couple USD and SDSU posters that said that the fans from the other schools wear each others colors when they attend the events in the respective cities. When I said that was dumb as ****, I got called a hater. These people that made the comments stated that it happens because they were probably friends in school and wanted to fit in or something like that. It was on a different thread and fairly comical.

Yeah, I never had the slightest urge to ever see what Dip**** Days was all about. I'm just not into partying in a trailer house with a meth head neighbor. And I don't own any red clothing. Or NDSU green clothing either for that matter.

UNIFanSince1983
August 14th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Hey, there are more that ... oh, post regularly? Yeah, you could be right about that.

We simply don't have the time, trying to keep ahead of whatever QB clusterversy is in the planning in Cedar Falls.

And again this season ... offensive co-coordinators?

It's exhausting, I tell you.

I for one am super excited to have another running QB that appears to be making his way up the depth charts...

Yotes21
August 14th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I never had the slightest urge to ever see what Dip**** Days was all about. I'm just not into partying in a trailer house with a meth head neighbor. And I don't own any red clothing. Or NDSU green clothing either for that matter.

Probably bc you have no friends except for the ones you've met on online forums.

Thumper 76
August 14th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Probably bc you have no friends except for the ones you've met on online forums.

So, this is an insult about posting in online forums that was delivered on an online forum. Nice execution buddy.

dewey
August 14th, 2017, 03:51 PM
I know you won't wear the other teams colors, this was a jab at the cross dressing pseudo fans of both SDSU and USD that apparently have closets full of their instate rivals clothes that are readily available when they go to each others events.

I will NEVER be caught wearing Siouxage stuff. I don't care what sporting event it is or wear it is. NEVER! The thought of wearing the hated in state rivals colors makes me want to puke. No respectable NDSU fan would wear Siouxage stuff...EVER.

I know people that do wear both. They said "Dewey you can cheer for NDSU football and Siouxage hockey" I say...Ahh....NO!

Dewey

mango433
August 14th, 2017, 03:58 PM
So, this is an insult about posting in online forums that was delivered on an online forum. Nice execution buddy.

I'm shocked you even showed your face around here after that sick burn.

BisonFan02
August 14th, 2017, 04:00 PM

Agreed. :D

POD Knows
August 14th, 2017, 04:01 PM
I will NEVER be caught wearing Siouxage stuff. I don't care what sporting event it is or wear it is. NEVER! The thought of wearing the hated in state rivals colors makes me want to puke. No respectable NDSU fan would wear Siouxage stuff...EVER.

I know people that do wear both. They said "Dewey you can cheer for NDSU football and Siouxage hockey" I say...Ahh....NO!

DeweyYea, I know a few guys that are UND hockey and NDSU football fans, they are godless, soulless creatures that defy description.

Yotes21
August 14th, 2017, 04:26 PM

Wasn't about posting on forums, was about you saying your best friends were ones you met on an online forum.

mango433
August 14th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Wasn't about posting on forums, was about you saying your best friends were ones you met on an online forum.

Yeah, I never said that...

clenz
August 14th, 2017, 04:30 PM
What's the issue with that?

IBleedYellow
August 14th, 2017, 04:31 PM

Show us where the bunny touched you.

GodHelpTheBears
August 14th, 2017, 04:42 PM
We don't have a rival to be that antagonistic over. I think Arkansas baseball fans are whiny and entitled, and it would be weird to wear their script A cap, but I own red clothing.

Yote 53
August 14th, 2017, 04:53 PM
What's the issue with that?

Need an AGS version of Tinder. Swipe left. Swipe left. Swipe left. Swipe right. Ah, we got ourselves a hook-up.

BisonFan02
August 14th, 2017, 05:05 PM
Need an AGS version of Tinder. Swipe left. Swipe left. Swipe left. Swipe right. Ah, we got ourselves a hook-up.

Gutter sluts in Vermillion ALWAYS swipe right. xlolx

TheKingpin28
August 14th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Gutter sluts in Vermillion ALWAYS swipe right. xlolx

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3rtyerfHZ1qir45xo1_500.gif

cx500d
August 14th, 2017, 05:22 PM

Dewey

I like Siouxage hockey and root them on.

TheKingpin28
August 14th, 2017, 05:44 PM
I like Siouxage hockey and root them on.

You're also a supporter of Norm Green and the North Stars, so this does not surprise me. xlolx

Thumper 76
August 14th, 2017, 06:06 PM

I had to run to Sanford quick to see if I needed treatment.

Thumper 76
August 14th, 2017, 06:09 PM

Damn you backpedal faster than the yotes defensive backs are capable of xlolx

Show us where the bunny touched you.
Apparently right in his feels

BisonFan02
August 14th, 2017, 06:18 PM
I had to run to Sanford quick to see if I needed treatment.

The infection doesn't usually take hold for awhile. Might wanna keep the day clinic on speed dial if it burns during the AM piss. xlolx

Yotes21
August 14th, 2017, 06:19 PM
Don't know how I'm back pedaling, but you are great at putting words in other people's mouthes and probably other things to your ags tinder hookups.

BigGoosie13
August 14th, 2017, 07:27 PM
You're also a supporter of Norm Green and the North Stars, so this does not surprise me. xlolx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngtu5F5aBME

cx500d
August 14th, 2017, 07:28 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEzkIS7wKhk1WjPTASilVYlnaAC_EJx 57dmqIebJ4DmO_oY0GH4Q

POD Knows
August 14th, 2017, 07:31 PM
I like Siouxage hockey and root them on..6 just saying

cx500d
August 14th, 2017, 07:35 PM
.6 just saying

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGCS7VDpICdrgFhgT068tiWR2aeH_7A FvkUzjAuTm7Yuu4YmR0Og

TheKingpin28
August 14th, 2017, 08:43 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEzkIS7wKhk1WjPTASilVYlnaAC_EJx 57dmqIebJ4DmO_oY0GH4Q

I will do what I have to, to ensure they will always be known as the North Stars.

GodHelpTheBears
August 14th, 2017, 09:26 PM

I want an electric co-op windbreaker.

This reminds me of how St Louisans feel about Kroenke...but no one else in Missouri cares. Unlike hockey in MN, pro football won't work in St Louis - the Bears and Chiefs fan bases are too deeply entrenched in the rest of Illinois and Missouri, and you can't sustain the NFL with a no-growth small market.

POD Knows
August 14th, 2017, 09:28 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGCS7VDpICdrgFhgT068tiWR2aeH_7A FvkUzjAuTm7Yuu4YmR0Ogwe were going to make Kelly green hats with .6 on the front and sell them but never got around to it

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 14th, 2017, 09:31 PM
My wife graduated from UND and has some of that garb. After being around me for over 2 and a half decades, she now has more Bison gear...lol...good woman!!!

I'll never wear the school's gear....ever!

cx500d
August 14th, 2017, 10:18 PM
I will do what I have to, to ensure they will always be known as the North Stars.

They are the north stars, the Dallas north stars. Our games here have plenty sweaters with the great N logo in the crowds.

TheKingpin28
August 14th, 2017, 10:27 PM
They are the north stars, JUST THE north stars. Our games here have plenty sweaters with the great N logo in the crowds.

FYP

cx500d
August 14th, 2017, 10:37 PM
FYP

That's fine, the north stars of Dallas, Texas.

BisonFan02
August 14th, 2017, 10:44 PM
That's fine, the stars of Dallas, Texas.

FIFY

cx500d
August 14th, 2017, 10:49 PM
FIFY

North, since this is north Texas.

Don't tell me you suffer from butt hurt too...

BisonFan02
August 14th, 2017, 10:50 PM
North, since this is north Texas.

.................................................. ..........no.

TheRevSFA
August 14th, 2017, 10:51 PM

the Dallas Stars. Such a great name.

Want me to send you some apparel? Maybe one of the new sweaters?

BisonFan02
August 14th, 2017, 10:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYrWZr6rHfI

xlolx

cx500d
August 14th, 2017, 10:52 PM

Maybe some champions apparel?

Lorne_Malvo
August 15th, 2017, 12:11 AM
I'm shocked you even showed your face around here after that sick burn. Sweet cream?

Thumper 76
August 15th, 2017, 01:07 AM
Sweet cream?

https://media.giphy.com/media/f0ArzJ0QMdDQQ/giphy.gif

TheKingpin28
August 15th, 2017, 09:16 AM
That's fine, the north stars of Dallas, Texas.

It's not butthurt, just that Norm is a giant dick.

FIFY

TheKingpin28
August 15th, 2017, 09:17 AM

Already got my North Stars sweater and Wild sweaters.

Yote 53
August 15th, 2017, 09:19 AM

This video is chock full of stereotypical Minnesotans. Freaking hilarious. Especially love the classic Minnesota 80s/90s girls, big hair and denim, and the guest appearance by MacGyver.

UNIFanSince1983
August 15th, 2017, 09:32 AM

Anyone still got one of those North Stars starter jackets?

BigGoosie13
August 15th, 2017, 09:48 AM
This video is chock full of stereotypical Minnesotans. Freaking hilarious. Especially love the classic Minnesota 80s/90s girls, big hair and denim, and the guest appearance by MacGyver.

This is what makes the video so great.

Also, Norm Sucks!

POD Knows
August 15th, 2017, 09:49 AM
This video is chock full of stereotypical Minnesotans. Freaking hilarious. Especially love the classic Minnesota 80s/90s girls, big hair and denim, and the guest appearance by MacGyver.They are classic hockey rubes, if you brought your camera to the UND football tailgate in Grand Forks, you would see the same styling there.

uni88
August 15th, 2017, 10:05 AM
This is what makes the video so great.

Also, Norm Sucks!Isn't South Dakotans making fun of Minnesotans kind of like Robin making fun of Batman? :D

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bison56
August 15th, 2017, 10:07 AM

Big hair was, and still is, hot as hell.xnodx

Bisonator
August 15th, 2017, 11:02 AM
There were at least 30 mullets in that video. xlolx

CappinHard
August 15th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Anyone still got one of those North Stars starter jackets?

Oh man, I miss my Starter jacket from grade school. Big puffy jacket with a pouch and the big Starter zipper. If they came out with an SDSU version of that, I would first cream my pants, then buy it in a heartbeat.

UNIFanSince1983
August 15th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Oh man, I miss my Starter jacket from grade school. Big puffy jacket with a pouch and the big Starter zipper. If they came out with an SDSU version of that, I would first cream my pants, then buy it in a heartbeat.

I had a Denver Nuggets one and then a Jacksonville Jaguars one. Man those were the days!

Bison56
August 15th, 2017, 03:23 PM

I still have my Raiders jacket. xthumbsupx

https://img1.etsystatic.com/050/0/6756754/il_570xN.713886251_pxri.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjtm8jLiNrVAhXliFQKHe3JBC4QjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.etsy.com%2Flisting%2F2190600 35%2Fvintage-90s-oakland-raiders-starter&psig=AFQjCNH8Ug6qfSwBhh_hzHad9QD5mHiWIA&ust=1502914936202141)

http://www.ronsusser.com/listings/images/16278/125365.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjtm8jLiNrVAhXliFQKHe3JBC4QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ronsusser.com%2Finventory%2Fl isting%2Fnfl-oakland-raiders-hoodie-jacket-xl-by-starter-high-quality-great-design%2F&psig=AFQjCNH8Ug6qfSwBhh_hzHad9QD5mHiWIA&ust=1502914936202141)

BisonFan02
August 15th, 2017, 03:27 PM
I still have my Raiders jacket. xthumbsupx

https://img1.etsystatic.com/050/0/6756754/il_570xN.713886251_pxri.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjtm8jLiNrVAhXliFQKHe3JBC4QjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.etsy.com%2Flisting%2F2190600 35%2Fvintage-90s-oakland-raiders-starter&psig=AFQjCNH8Ug6qfSwBhh_hzHad9QD5mHiWIA&ust=1502914936202141)

http://www.ronsusser.com/listings/images/16278/125365.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjtm8jLiNrVAhXliFQKHe3JBC4QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ronsusser.com%2Finventory%2Fl isting%2Fnfl-oakland-raiders-hoodie-jacket-xl-by-starter-high-quality-great-design%2F&psig=AFQjCNH8Ug6qfSwBhh_hzHad9QD5mHiWIA&ust=1502914936202141)

Yes! :D

cx500d
August 15th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Already got my North Stars sweater and Wild sweaters.
Minnesotan: "Hey, you're from Dallas? Thanks for stealing our team."
Me: "Uh, steal? How about the fact that nobody came to games before they moved?"
Minnesotan: "That was all Norm Green's fault. He was just greedy looking for a new stadium, and the city didn't cave to his demands."
Me: "So how many new stadiums have you built since then? 3? 4?"
Minnesotan: "Yeah, I guess we learned our lesson, eh?"

https://www.defendingbigd.com/2016/2/15/10999978/minnesota-north-stars-relocation-dallas-stars-norm-green-sucks-origin

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/j8EcyUOuvDm69Q-I9G94bkf8clE=/0x7:3000x2007/1820x1213/filters:focal(0x7:3000x2007):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/48818107/GettyImages-73078039.0.jpg

TheKingpin28
August 15th, 2017, 05:34 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/j8EcyUOuvDm69Q-I9G94bkf8clE=/0x7:3000x2007/1820x1213/filters:focal(0x7:3000x2007):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/48818107/GettyImages-73078039.0.jpg

You keep trying but it will not work.

ST_Lawson
August 15th, 2017, 08:27 PM

I never had one (but wanted one), but had friends who had them when I was in HS. The Bulls ones were REALLY popular around here (it was right in the middle of the Jordan/Pippen/Phil Jackson multi-championship era) and Orlando Magic ones were oddly popular as well...probably just because they were a new team at that point.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 15th, 2017, 08:33 PM
Members only light coats were the thing when I was in HS.

BigGoosie13
August 15th, 2017, 08:36 PM
I had a Denver Nuggets one and then a Jacksonville Jaguars one. Man those were the days!
My brother and I shared a Vikings, Fighting Irish, and Bulls starter jackets. It was a hell of a time to be alive.

BigGoosie13
August 15th, 2017, 08:38 PM
I never had one (but wanted one), but had friends who had them when I was in HS. The Bulls ones were REALLY popular around here (it was right in the middle of the Jordan/Pippen/Phil Jackson multi-championship era) and Orlando Magic ones were oddly popular as well...probably just because they were a new team at that point.

My hometown school district here in South Dakota was full of Bulls jersey's and clothing in the 90's.

POD Knows
August 15th, 2017, 08:41 PM
I got a youth sized Colorado Avalanche one at my house. I might have a few other ones, all my kids wore those things and they were indestructible.

GodHelpTheBears
August 15th, 2017, 09:14 PM
My brother and I shared a Vikings, Fighting Irish, and Bulls starter jackets. It was a hell of a time to be alive.

I had a Chiefs Starter jacket and while I can't remember the brand, I also had a teal Charlotte Hornets sweater. I've been trying to find one like it for years and I don't even watch the NBA - I just remember it being so damn comfortable.

BigGoosie13
August 15th, 2017, 09:21 PM
I had a Chiefs Starter jacket and while I can't remember the brand, I also had a teal Charlotte Hornets sweater. I've been trying to find one like it for years and I don't even watch the NBA - I just remember it being so damn comfortable.

My god, you just reminded me, for some reason we had a teal and purple Hornets starter jacket that got passed down from my oldest cousin, through my brother, then through two other cousins to me. No idea how we even got our hands on that up in this part of the country. The memories man, they are a flowing. Next thing you now were are going to start talking about Battletoads, Duck Hunt, Super Mario or Goldeneye 007.

BigGoosie13
August 15th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Isn't South Dakotans making fun of Minnesotans kind of like Robin making fun of Batman? :D

Screw Batman and Robin #TeamWolverine

BisonFan02
August 15th, 2017, 09:32 PM
My god, you just reminded me, for some reason we had a teal and purple Hornets starter jacket that got passed down from my oldest cousin, through my brother, then through two other cousins to me. No idea how we even got our hands on that up in this part of the country. The memories man, they are a flowing. Next thing you now were are going to start talking about Battletoads, Duck Hunt, Super Mario or Goldeneye 007.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLbce8KU5qU

mango433
August 16th, 2017, 08:04 AM

Pretty sure either my brother or I had a Hornets starter jacket.

UNIFanSince1983
August 16th, 2017, 09:15 AM

Shaq and Penny were the reason the Magic ones were popular.

Professor Chaos
August 16th, 2017, 09:18 AM
I had a Vikings starter jacket back in the day.

It usually stopped working for me each January. *ba-dum chaaaaaaa*

Redbird 4th & short
August 16th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Shaq and Penny were the reason the Magic ones were popular.
here are some fun facts tying Bulls and Magic for that era. Magic was trying to surpass the Bulls who had one 3 straight before Jordan's 1st retirement. Magic roster was loaded to win.

- 1994-95 season was 1st partial year return for Jordan ... who was more of a Jordan-lite conditioning wise
- #4 seed Bulls were knocked out of playoffs by #1 seed Magic (Shaq and Penny) in 6 games
- Horace Grant was on that Magic team, having played 1993-94 for Bulls without Jordan and got to conference semi-finals losing to NY 4-3, who lost to Houston in finals 4-3 .. without Jordan amazingly. Grant opted to move to up & coming Magic as free agent in 1994-95 ..I think he knew the Bulls over-achieved and would be hard to do twice without Jordan.
- Jordan wore loaner pair of Penny's shoes in game 3 for 1st half because his own shoes were late being shipped .. he had to wear black per league or be fined. So he knew he and Penny were same size.
- Magic got swept by Houston in 1994-95 finals .. Olajuwon took Shaq to school
- a year later in eastern conference finals, #1 seed Bulls/Jordan got their revenge and swept the #2 seed Magic 4-0 ... Jordan rarely got beat, but when he did ... his payback was a real b-tch every time. Bulls won game won by 38, then coasted to 4-0 sweep. Rodman signing certainly helped.

http://ballislife.com/95-michael-jordan-loses-magic-playoffs/

ST_Lawson
August 16th, 2017, 10:44 AM
here are some fun facts tying Bulls and Magic for that era. Magic was trying to surpass the Bulls who had one 3 straight before Jordan's 1st retirement. Magic roster was loaded to win.

- 1994-95 season was 1st partial year return for Jordan ... who was more of a Jordan-lite conditioning wise
- #4 seed Bulls were knocked out of playoffs by #1 seed Magic (Shaq and Penny) in 6 games
- Horace Grant was on that Magic team, having played 1993-94 for Bulls without Jordan and got to conference semi-finals losing to NY 4-3, who lost to Houston in finals 4-3 .. without Jordan amazingly. Grant opted to move to up & coming Magic as free agent in 1994-95 ..I think he knew the Bulls over-achieved and would be hard to do twice without Jordan.
- Jordan wore loaner pair of Penny's shoes in game 3 for 1st half because his own shoes were late being shipped .. he had to wear black per league or be fined. So he knew he and Penny were same size.
- a year later in eastern conference finals, #1 seed Bulls/Jordan got their revenge and swept the #2 seed Magic 4-0 ... Jordan rarely got beat, but when he did ... his payback was a real b-tch every time. Bulls won game won by 38, then coasted to 4-0 sweep. Rodman signing certainly helped.

That was pretty much the only time in my life I've ever paid attention to professional basketball.

Redbird 4th & short
August 16th, 2017, 11:00 AM

meant to add .. Shaq jumped ship to Lakers/Kobe for 1996-97 season realizing Magic had no chance against Jordan/Pippen/Rodman Bulls. But even paired with Kobe, the Kobe/Shaq Lakers could not get past the Stockton/Malone Jazz the next 2 years, who lost to Bulls 2 straight years, and then the Duncan/Parker Spurs a year later. Finally, 2 years after Jordan's 2nd retirement, the Kobe/Shaq Lakers won 3 straight from 2000 to 2003 .. well after Jordan/Pippen Bulls years were over.

Redbird 4th & short
August 16th, 2017, 11:06 AM
That was pretty much the only time in my life I've ever paid attention to professional basketball.
i thought 1980's and 1990's were incredible years for NBA: Celtics, Pistons, Lakers, Knicks, Bulls, Cavs, Rockets, Jazz, Spurs started coming on later ... lot of very good rivalries and basketball, and very well marketed.

Except the late 1980's Pistons were low class thugs .. dirtiest team in league by far, then after beatting Bulls 3 straight years in playoffs, the Bulls swept them 4-0 in 1991 .. Pistons refused to shake hands after game 4 .. just ignored and walked past Bulls players off the court. Understand there was lot of hate in that rivalry, but still very low class bunch of thugs.

But I digress ..

clenz
August 16th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Even deeper on it.

Shaq has a direct connection to EVERY NBA championship team since 1984. The 1983 76ers were the last NBA champion to not feature a teammate of Shaq, or Shaq himself.

1984 Greg Kite Boston Celtics
1985 Byron Scott Los Angeles Lakers
1986 Greg Kite Boston Celtics
1987 Byron Scott/A.C. Green Los Angeles Lakers
1988 Byron Scott/A.C. Green Los Angeles Lakers
1989 Dennis Rodman/John Salley Detroit Pistons
1990 Dennis Rodman/John Salley Detroit Pistons
1991 Horace Grant Chicago Bulls
1992 Horace Grant Chicago Bulls
1993 Horace Grant Chicago Bulls
1994 Robert Horry Houston Rockets
1995 Robert Horry/Tracy Murray Houston Rockets
1996 Steve Kerr/Dennis Rodman/Ron Harper/John Salley Chicago Bulls
1997 Steve Kerr/Dennis Rodman/Ron Harper and more Chicago Bulls
1998 Steve Kerr/Dennis Rodman/Ron Harper and more Chicago Bulls
1999 Steve Kerr/Jerome Kersey San Antonio Spurs
2000 Shaquille O'Neal Los Angeles Lakers
2001 Shaquille O'Neal Los Angeles Lakers
2002 Shaquille O'Neal Los Angeles Lakers
2003 Steve Kerr/Steve Smith San Antonio Spurs
2004 Elden Campbell/Lindsey Hunter Detroit Pistons
2005 Linton Johnson/Sean Marks San Antonio Spurs
2006 Shaquille O'Neal Miami Heat
2007 Robert Horry San Antonio Spurs
2008 Ray Allen/Kevin Garnett/Paul Pierce and more Boston Celtics
2009 Kobe Bryant/Derek Fisher/Luke Walton Los Angeles Lakers
2010 Kobe Bryant/Derek Fisher/Luke Walton Los Angeles Lakers
2011 Sasha Pavlovic Dallas Mavericks
2012 LeBron James/Dwyane Wade/Udonis Haslem/Joel Anthony Miami Heat
2013 LeBron James/Dwyane Wade/Udonis Haslem and more Miami Heat
2014 Boris Diaw/Danny Green San Antonio Spurs
2015 Leandro Barbosa Golden State Warriors
2016 LeBron James/Mo Williams Cleveland Cavaliers
2017 Matt Barnes Golden State Warriors

uni88
August 16th, 2017, 02:10 PM
Shaq and Penny were the reason the Magic ones were popular.Nick Anderson from the Flyin Illini also played for the Magic and gave more them fans in Illinois.

Yote 53
August 16th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Chicago Bears Starter jacket for me. I need to check, I may still have it. My wife had it pegged for the Goodwill pile several different times over the years but I managed to rescue it. She may have gotten rid of it by now though.

Sycamore62
August 16th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Even deeper on it.

Shaq has a direct connection to EVERY NBA championship team since 1984. The 1983 76ers were the last NBA champion to not feature a teammate of Shaq, or Shaq himself.

1984 Greg Kite Boston Celtics
1985 Byron Scott Los Angeles Lakers
1986 Greg Kite Boston Celtics
1987 Byron Scott/A.C. Green Los Angeles Lakers
1988 Byron Scott/A.C. Green Los Angeles Lakers
1989 Dennis Rodman/John Salley Detroit Pistons
1990 Dennis Rodman/John Salley Detroit Pistons
1991 Horace Grant Chicago Bulls
1992 Horace Grant Chicago Bulls
1993 Horace Grant Chicago Bulls
1994 Robert Horry Houston Rockets
1995 Robert Horry/Tracy Murray Houston Rockets
1996 Steve Kerr/Dennis Rodman/Ron Harper/John Salley Chicago Bulls
1997 Steve Kerr/Dennis Rodman/Ron Harper and more Chicago Bulls
1998 Steve Kerr/Dennis Rodman/Ron Harper and more Chicago Bulls
1999 Steve Kerr/Jerome Kersey San Antonio Spurs
2000 Shaquille O'Neal Los Angeles Lakers
2001 Shaquille O'Neal Los Angeles Lakers
2002 Shaquille O'Neal Los Angeles Lakers
2003 Steve Kerr/Steve Smith San Antonio Spurs
2004 Elden Campbell/Lindsey Hunter Detroit Pistons
2005 Linton Johnson/Sean Marks San Antonio Spurs
2006 Shaquille O'Neal Miami Heat
2007 Robert Horry San Antonio Spurs
2008 Ray Allen/Kevin Garnett/Paul Pierce and more Boston Celtics
2009 Kobe Bryant/Derek Fisher/Luke Walton Los Angeles Lakers
2010 Kobe Bryant/Derek Fisher/Luke Walton Los Angeles Lakers
2011 Sasha Pavlovic Dallas Mavericks
2012 LeBron James/Dwyane Wade/Udonis Haslem/Joel Anthony Miami Heat
2013 LeBron James/Dwyane Wade/Udonis Haslem and more Miami Heat
2014 Boris Diaw/Danny Green San Antonio Spurs
2015 Leandro Barbosa Golden State Warriors
2016 LeBron James/Mo Williams Cleveland Cavaliers
2017 Matt Barnes Golden State Warriors

so Kevin Bacon is 3 degrees of separation from every NBA Championship since 1984?

GodHelpTheBears
August 16th, 2017, 04:20 PM
One of my first sports memories is of Jordan's last game as a Bull. It's probably one of the reasons why I don't generally find the NBA interesting today - how do you top that? xlolx

Thumper 76
August 16th, 2017, 06:08 PM
Barf. Worst thread drift in the MVFC thread drift thread maybe ever.

GodHelpTheBears
August 16th, 2017, 06:16 PM

Speaking of thread drift, how about barf?

When I was 12, I woke up in the middle of the night, and I did not immediately know why. I sat up, went "hmm" and proceeded to let five full heaves out onto the bed.

TheKingpin28
August 16th, 2017, 06:41 PM

My love for hockey knows no bounds so teal wit it homie. xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
August 16th, 2017, 07:07 PM

Idk... last year at one point I believe it drifted to futbol... or what normal people call soccer.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 16th, 2017, 07:32 PM

Have to agree here.

- - - Updated - - -

My love for hockey knows no bounds so teal wit it homie. xthumbsupx

Cullen back in MN....i like it!!

Kemo
August 16th, 2017, 07:41 PM
Speaking of thread drift, how about barf?

When I was 12, I woke up in the middle of the night, and I did not immediately know why. I sat up, went "hmm" and proceeded to let five full heaves out onto the bed.
Ever projectile vomit right after finishing off an entire family size bag of Doritos?

It basically turns your room into a canvas of abstract art.

TheKingpin28
August 16th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Have to agree here.

- - - Updated - - -

Cullen back in MN....i like it!!

I enjoy Cullen, but all Fletcher showed us was that he is content on making the playoffs and going nowhere with it. I could go on about how Pominville was a top3 player for the Wild, but people will not listen to the truth.

It is good to have Cullen back in the State of Hockey and hopefully he can solidify that 3rd/4th C spot.

GodHelpTheBears
August 16th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Ever projectile vomit right after finishing off an entire family size bag of Doritos?

It basically turns your room into a canvas of abstract art.

I had a weird one in February, from some illness I never could identify. It was the driest barf you could imagine - I had tortilla chips earlier in the day and their bits scratched my throat on the way up. It looked like one of those weird nutty cheese spread balls you find untouched at the supermarket.

After clearing out my stomach I basically slept for the next two days.

Professor Chaos
August 17th, 2017, 07:56 AM
This really belongs in the "Ins and outs" board but it'll get more views here and we're drifting anyway.

There's a real nice story on ESPN on former SDSU RB, current Detroit Lion RB, and future (USD educated) doctor Zach Zenner.

http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/30085/a-lion-in-print-rb-zach-zenner-on-verge-of-having-research-study-published

Now there's a guy who definitely doesn't need the NFL. He'll probably make more money in 10 years than he is now although the NFL money will be nice with those med school bills I'm sure. I'm no SDSU lover but even being a fan of a rival school it's pretty easy to see this is an exceptional young man.

On a side note I picked him up as a flier in a super deep dynasty league I'm in so hopefully he continues to pick up more carries, especially at the goal line, in Detroit. xthumbsupx

dewey
August 17th, 2017, 08:10 AM
This really belongs in the "Ins and outs" board but it'll get more views here and we're drifting anyway.

There's a real nice story on ESPN on former SDSU RB, current Detroit Lion RB, and future (USD educated) doctor Zach Zenner.

http://www.espn.com/blog/detroit-lions/post/_/id/30085/a-lion-in-print-rb-zach-zenner-on-verge-of-having-research-study-published

Now there's a guy who definitely doesn't need the NFL. He'll probably make more money in 10 years than he is now although the NFL money will be nice with those med school bills I'm sure. I'm no SDSU lover but even being a fan of a rival school it's pretty easy to see this is an exceptional young man.

On a side note I picked him up as a flier in a super deep dynasty league I'm in so hopefully he continues to pick up more carries, especially at the goal line, in Detroit. xthumbsupx

Thanks for sharing here IBY! Plus he helped create the term "zenner"...running for 4 yards in a game (2013 NDSU win over SDSU when Zenner ran for 4 yards total).

Dewey

IBleedYellow
August 17th, 2017, 08:27 AM
MATT CULLEN IS COMING HOME!

SCREW FOOTBALL! LET'S GO WILD!!! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

WINNIPEG SUCKS!

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 17th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Who is going to have the worst overall record in the Valley?

Indiana State or Missouri State

IBleedYellow
August 17th, 2017, 08:28 AM
Thanks for sharing here IBY! Plus he helped create the term "zenner"...running for 4 yards in a game (2013 NDSU win over SDSU when Zenner ran for 4 yards total).

Dewey

You're welcome :D

Bisonator
August 17th, 2017, 10:00 AM

ISUb

GodHelpTheBears
August 17th, 2017, 04:10 PM

We'll end up tied.

Taking a QB transfer from Rice while not declaring a starter, two weeks before the beginning of the season...that's a good sign, right?

J.T. Granato - http://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2017/08/17/two-weeks-before-season-opener-missouri-state-recruits-quarterback-rice-report-says/577082001/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

See, we're recruiting south Texas too

Redbird 4th & short
August 17th, 2017, 05:36 PM
ISUb

toss up on surface .. but ISUb lost over 9 starters, MoST loss just 5, MoST beat ISUb by 21 on road in early October. So they host them this year .. for that reason mainly, agree ISUb will be last since MoST shoud hold the tie breaker.

GodHelpTheBears
August 17th, 2017, 05:49 PM
toss up on surface .. but ISUb lost over 9 starters, MoST loss just 5, MoST beat ISUb by 21 on road in early October. So they host them this year .. for that reason mainly, agree ISUb will be last since MoST shoud hold the tie breaker.

On the other hand, the game was tied at the half and Indiana State was forced to go deep on their bench for offensive linemen as the game went on. It wasn't a true head to head for that reason...had starters been able to stay in, ISUb probably would have won. Our defensive line ate up their backups, that was not happening against the starters. ISUb moved the ball in the first half.

Thumper 76
August 17th, 2017, 06:11 PM
MATT CULLEN IS COMING HOME!

SCREW FOOTBALL! LET'S GO WILD!!! LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

WINNIPEG SUCKS!

Lol the Wild will continue to toy with their fans by making the playoffs and sucking once they get there. I get a fun team with no expectations. And no cheering for a MN team as a bonus.

TheKingpin28
August 17th, 2017, 06:22 PM
Lol the Wild will continue to toy with their fans by making the playoffs and sucking once they get there. I get a fun team with no expectations. And no cheering for a MN team as a bonus.

Winnipeg Jets can suck a turd. You only root for them since the Sconies are not worthy of having an NHL team. Us Wild fans endure the most sports pain out of anyone in the US. How the hell can we produce some of the best players in the world through building up the farm and solid drafting and instead of resigning solid players at reasonable contracts, Chuck Fletcher hands out ungodly contracts and wastes cap space OR, gives ungodly front-loaded contracts over 13 years and what does the Wild do with them, bow out in the 1st or 2nd round year after year. Then again, Jake Allen stood on his head in the playoffs and so did Dubnyk but Allen just made the crucial save when it mattered most.

Enjoy rooting for a team not from Wisconsin that will get your hopes up to just dash them again. Oh wait, sounds like SDSU all over again. xdrunkyx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 17th, 2017, 06:55 PM
ISUb

My call is Ind State also.

Has anyone been to their stadium?

I'm thinking on going to this one. I'm assuming I can easily get a ticket by walking up on game day.

OK, have you been there?

- - - Updated - - -

PL....you been to Ind State?

Autocorrect on phone.....

CappinHard
August 17th, 2017, 09:39 PM
Todd McShay's 2018 TE draft class ranking xnodx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25848&stc=1

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 17th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Goedert is very good and it would pretty cool to see him drafted high.

I'm looking forward to him and DeLuca going at it. Nick has the size and speed to cover him....see if he can.

GodHelpTheBears
August 17th, 2017, 10:04 PM
Todd McShay's 2018 TE draft class ranking xnodx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25848&stc=1

I know I said I wouldn't pay to see any Bears games until the AD is kicked out, but I may stand at the gates outside Plaster for SDSU just to see Goedert. Guys like him don't play in Plaster often.

Thumper 76
August 18th, 2017, 01:16 AM
Us Wild fans endure the most sports pain out of anyone in the US.
This is......wildly inaccurate at best xcoffeex

TheKingpin28
August 18th, 2017, 05:30 AM

0/10 for weak attempt.

GodHelpTheBears
August 18th, 2017, 07:33 AM
http://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2017/08/17/new-quarterback-says-he-didnt-transfer-missouri-state-backup/577580001/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

This'll be fun to watch. The last FBS transfer QB who came here, thumped his chest and said he wouldn't be a backup ended up being a backup because he was straight garbage.

If this numbnuts had any talent whatsoever he'd be starting at Rice. He should sit down, shut up and prove it on the field.

IBleedYellow
August 18th, 2017, 07:46 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat true.

It's Rabbit football fans. Having to lose to NDSU each year would be more painful.

:D

mango433
August 18th, 2017, 08:22 AM

Wild fans don't even endure the most sports pain in their own state.

Professor Chaos
August 18th, 2017, 08:27 AM
I saw an article listed recently that counted down the 10 most tortured NFL fan bases and it didn't include the Vikings which is ridiculous. Given all the gut punches they've given their fans over the years I'd rather, as a fan of theirs, had them go the route of the Lions or someone like that and just never get close.

You tell me who can compare with this sadistical resume:

0-4 in Super Bowls

'98 NFC Championship - Kicker Gary Anderson, who hasn't missed a kick the entire season, misses a 38 yarder that would've given them a 10 point lead late in the 4th quarter and all but seal a Super Bowl spot. They go on to lose in OT.

'01 NFC Championship - 41-donut loss to the freaking Kerry Collins led New York Giants.

'03 Week 17 - Lose to 3-12 Arizona on a 4th and 24 heave with no time left on the clock to knock them out of the playoffs. This prompts the NFL to change the rule about how officials call catches on push outs. It also led to a very funny youtube clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL8S4G9zFK8).

'09 NFC Championship - Lose to New Orleans in OT despite thoroughly dominating them in every statistical category. Included the infamous Favre pick while they were in game winning FG range with less than a minute left. Prompted the discovery of bounty-gate and prompted the NFL to change the OT rules where if the first team to have the ball kicks a FG they don't win.

'15 Wild Card Playoff - Kicker Blair Walsh misses a 27 yard chippy that would've beaten Seattle.

Mayville Bison
August 18th, 2017, 08:43 AM
I saw an article listed recently that counted down the 10 most tortured NFL fan bases and it didn't include the Vikings which is ridiculous. Given all the gut punches they've given their fans over the years I'd rather, as a fan of theirs, had them go the route of the Lions or someone like that and just never get close.

0-4 in Super Bowls

'98 NFC Championship - Kicker Gary Anderson, who hasn't missed a kick the entire season, misses a 38 yarder that would've given them a 10 point lead late in the 4th quarter and all but seal a Super Bowl spot. They go on to lose in OT.

'01 NFC Championship - 41-donut loss to the freaking Kerry Collins led New York Giants.

'03 Week 17 - Lose to 3-12 Arizona on a 4th and 24 heave with no time left on the clock to knock them out of the playoffs. This prompts the NFL to change the rule about how officials call catches on push outs. It also led to a very funny youtube clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL8S4G9zFK8).

'09 NFC Championship - Lose to New Orleans in OT despite thoroughly dominating them in every statistical category. Included the infamous Favre pick while they were in game winning FG range with less than a minute left. Prompted the discovery of bounty-gate and prompted the NFL to change the OT rules where if the first team to have the ball kicks a FG they don't win.

'15 Wild Card Playoff - Kicker Blair Walsh misses a 27 yard chippy that would've beaten Seattle.

Thanks for ruining my Friday at 8:45 in the morning. Where's the beer?

mango433
August 18th, 2017, 08:48 AM

0-4 in Super Bowls

Why are you the way you are?

cx500d
August 18th, 2017, 08:55 AM

0-4 in Super Bowls

Is it one of the teams in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEZKpY8t4EQ

GodHelpTheBears
August 18th, 2017, 08:57 AM

0-4 in Super Bowls

I still think the Bills are #1. Also 0-4 in Super Bowls, four in a row, missed FG to end one (although it wasn't a very easy kick), participated in one playoff game in the 21st century, where they lost in the Music City Miracle.

They gave up home games to Toronto. Gregg Williams was their head coach at one point. They also had a fetish for mediocre college coaches like Chan Gailey and Doug Marrone.

It's close, but I go by which fan base has clearly been softened in the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiM2_Va8h-k

ST_Lawson
August 18th, 2017, 09:00 AM

Here's one that agrees with you: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/215474432/nfl-tortured-fan-base-rankings-2017

After they hit the Falcons, they have this bit:

As with last year, we stop here to point out that the four most tortured franchises are all so tortured that they are virtually indistinguishable from each other. This is where the red line is drawn. They could be in any order from the rest of the way out.

And then list the Lions, Vikings, Browns, and Bills. I'd pretty much agree with that.

As a Bears fan, I think that we've had a somewhat rough time, although I have at least seen my team in two Super Bowls, winning 1, so we're down at #19.

Thumper 76
August 18th, 2017, 09:07 AM
0/10 for weak attempt.

Apology accepted.

Thumper 76
August 18th, 2017, 09:09 AM
That true.

It's Rabbit football fans. Having to lose to NDSU each year would be more painful.

:D

That's not including the game that shall not be mentioned in Montana, or the freak tip play and clank in field goal for TCU, or many others.

Professor Chaos
August 18th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Why are you the way you are?
I would be clinically insane as a sports fan if it weren't for the Bison.

I still think the Bills are #1. Also 0-4 in Super Bowls, four in a row, missed FG to end one (although it wasn't a very easy kick), participated in one playoff game in the 21st century, where they lost in the Music City Miracle.

They gave up home games to Toronto. Gregg Williams was their head coach at one point. They also had a fetish for mediocre college coaches like Chan Gailey and Doug Marrone.

It's close, but I go by which fan base has clearly been softened in the head.
That's the only fan base that can compete with the Vikings in terms of torture IMO. I believe those are also the only two teams to have played in 4 Super Bowls or more and never won one.

Here's one that agrees with you: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/215474432/nfl-tortured-fan-base-rankings-2017

After they hit the Falcons, they have this bit:

And then list the Lions, Vikings, Browns, and Bills. I'd pretty much agree with that.

As a Bears fan, I think that we've had a somewhat rough time, although I have at least seen my team in two Super Bowls, winning 1, so we're down at #19.
Last year's Super Bowl was the first game ever I can recall watching (I was too young to remember the Scott Norwood miss) and not being able to say "Oh, the Vikings have topped that loss in terms heartbreak."

That said I felt just a tiny bit of vindictive pleasure since it was the Falcons who celebrated at the Vikings expense in that '98 NFC Championship collapse. I hate the Patriots though so it was bittersweet at best.

Is it one of the teams in this video?

Yeah, that was well before my time but I still can see the obvious push off.

EDIT: I could've also included in my ****list the Vikings trading the Cowboys three Super Bowls for Hershel Walker.

clenz
August 18th, 2017, 09:22 AM
There isn't a more tortured FCS fan base than UNI
There isn't a more tortured NFL fan base than Minnesota

I'm a fan of both.

**** all of you

Bison56
August 18th, 2017, 09:28 AM

0-4 in Super Bowls

Thank you Prof. you made my day, I will be grinning from ear to ear all day. Nothing satisfies me more than disappointed Viking fans.

GodHelpTheBears
August 18th, 2017, 09:57 AM

I'm a fan of both.

**** all of you

Sure thing, bud. xrotatehx

clenz
August 18th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Sure thing, bud. xrotatehx
MSU just sucks.

That's a different kind of torture. Sucking sucks for a fan base, but it's not anywhere close to what UNI fans have gone through over the last 30 years

GodHelpTheBears
August 18th, 2017, 10:04 AM
MSU just sucks.

That's a different kind of torture. Sucking sucks for a fan base, but it's not anywhere close to what UNI fans have gone through over the last 30 years

Yes, it's a different kind of torture. It's worse. The only reason I bother is because I went to games growing up and I have a degree from the school.

UNI will win a national championship some day. Every essential ingredient is present. Missouri State may not make the playoffs in my lifetime. Trust me, I'd rather be in the fan base with your problems, especially if we extend this to the other sports.

CappinHard
August 18th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Thank you Prof. you made my day, I will be grinning from ear to ear all day. Nothing satisfies me more than disappointed Viking fans.

This is a photo of you, isn't it...

https://cdn.patchcdn.com/users/21993604/2014/01/T800x600/7f6c7a63d83eb11a72263faa6e6989af.jpg

ST_Lawson
August 18th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Hmmm....if only they awarded extra "style points" for catches...

https://twitter.com/NCAA_FCS/status/898312816288911360

Bison56
August 18th, 2017, 10:51 AM

https://cdn.patchcdn.com/users/21993604/2014/01/T800x600/7f6c7a63d83eb11a72263faa6e6989af.jpg

xlolx not a Packer fan.

clenz
August 18th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Yes, it's a different kind of torture. It's worse. The only reason I bother is because I went to games growing up and I have a degree from the school.

UNI will win a national championship some day. Every essential ingredient is present. Missouri State may not make the playoffs in my lifetime. Trust me, I'd rather be in the fan base with your problems, especially if we extend this to the other sports.
Let's try this on for size - this is just since 05.

2005: Make a great run to the title game. UNI is leading that game 16-14 in the 4th quarter. 9 minutes left. UNI has the ball. All that is needed is a 4-5 minute drive, even if it ends in a field goal. The way the defenses were playing the chances of App State driving the field in 4 minutes to score a touchdown to win is very, very, slim. App State DE gets around a future NFL tackle, blind sides Eric Sanders who fumbles. He picks up the fumble and runs it back for the winning score. Sanders said of the fumble "I dropped back to pass, I stepped up and when I was ready to throw it I had it and then the next second I didn't have it. I really don't know what happened. One moment I had it and the next moment I didn't have it."

2006: A massive majority of the team returns. Preseason top 3. Crush Drake 48-7 in the opener and then lose the home opener to D2 North Dakota. Beat SDSU the next week to move to 2-1. Play Iowa State in week 4. Lead 21-14 after 3. Lead 27-21 with 2:20 left. Iowa State goes 74 yards in 1:05 to score to go up 28-27 with 1:05 left. UNI drives to give one of the best kickers in FCS history a shot to win it with a 51 yards, well within his range. He misses it by about 4 inches to the right with 6 seconds left on the clock. Fell to 2-2 and finished 7-4 and missed the playoffs.

2007: Crush Iowa State. Ranked #1 all year. Finish regular season 12-0. Team has 4 NFL OL on it. The Payton runner up who set the FCS record for season completion % that year. All American running back. Conference DPOY and 7 other All Conference/All Americans on defense. 5 guys from that defense in the NFL. Jump out to a 10-0 lead. UD had to blow 2 time outs on their first possession because they were rattled. UNI was running all over UD. For whatever reason UNI stops running the ball and UD gets back into it and takes a 12-10 lead - 2 blocked PATs. UNI starts driving with 3 minutes left. Our top WR fumbles a WR screen and it's run back for a TD giving UD a 19-10 lead. Second half UNI takes a 20-19 lead and the offense stalls. 13-0 UNI falls, at home, 39-27.

2008: Almost everyone except the QB and RB return. The QB that steps in is a AC QB. UNI ranked in the top 3 all season. 10-2 regular season. #1 seed in the playoffs. Hosting Richmond in the semifinals. UNI is up by 20-7 with less than 12 minutes left. UR scores to make it 20-14 with 11 left. Defensive struggle. UNI gets the ball back with 2:13 left in the game, UR has all 3 TOs left. Need at least 1 first down and can kill the game. UNI runs a dive, WR jet sweep and off tackle. UNI burns 29 seconds because UR has all 3 TOs and punts. The punt is an All Conference punter that was at like 45 yards per punt. Shanks the punt. It goes about 25 yards. UR takes over with 1:44 left. UNI does what Farley does and went straight prevent, giving up every 10-15 yard sideline route UR wants. They score with 14 seconds left to win 21-20. Oh...and in the third quarter UNI perfectly ran a WR screen throw back. Ran a screen, actually a lateral, to a WR on the UNI sideline. The QB and 3 OL instantly sprint to the UR sideline. The UNI WR - who was a QB his first 3 years on campus and the emergency QB - throws across field to Pat Grace. The ball hits him in the ****ing chest plate and falls incomplete. There wasn't a defender within 40 yards of him and he had a TE and 3 OL to convoy him. Would have been 6 and put UNI up 27-7, and put the game away. Richmond goes on to the title game and crushes Montana.

2009: Most of the 08 team returns. Top 5 preseason team. Go into Iowa City week 1 and lose in a way that has literally never happened before and won't happen again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UOGtuy-Hb8
The team was pissed and rebounded. Won the next 5 games by scores of 66-7 30-0 35-7 62-7 and 42-27. Then lost 3 of the last 5 and missed the playoffs as the locker room fell apart. Oh, and we missed the playoffs because a week 12 loss at Illinois State in which we took the lead with 1:05 left in the game and Illinois State scored with 3 seconds left to knock UNI out.

2011: Open the season at Iowa State. Have a 19-13 lead. Iowa State scores with 19 seconds left to win 20-19. UNI wins it's next next 6 and gives up more than 14 just once. Loses by 8 at NDSU during the start of their title run. UNI then wins it's final 3 regular season games. Finishes 9-2 in the regular season. Gets to Montana in the quarters and loses by 38

2012: Lose to Wisconsin by 5, starting a freshman QB. Had the ball inside the WI 40 with less than 2 minutes left. Couldn't get the score. Lost 5 of the first 6, only win was a D2. Were 2-6 through week 8.

2013: 2012 team was very young. Seasoned team coming back. Beat Iowa State to open the year. Crush #6 McNeese State 41-6 in week 4 (this is when I become a MVSU fan). Lose by 1 in Fargo in a game UNI lead the entire game, until the last 50 seconds. Lose 3 straight OT games after that (2 of them 2OT). Decimated by injuries during that stretch. Lose a 4th straight before getting MSU, WIU and YSU to close the season with 3 wins.

2014: Lose by 1 score to Iowa. Lose by 3 to Hawaii. Go 8-2 to finish the year after that. Crush SFA in the playoffs. David Johnson wrecking bitches. Lose to Illinois State in the playoffs because Farley loves him some Brion Carnes for some reason.

2015: Farley decides to ignore David Johnson through 6 games. Sitting at 2-4 and playing musical QBs he decides to pick one. Shockingly we win 7 in a row and our run ends at the hands of NDSU in Fargo in the playoffs.

2016: Don't make me relive last year

The constant crush of having your team sucks is bad. The absolute peaks and valleys of good and bad is far....far....far worse. It's not even close.

GodHelpTheBears
August 18th, 2017, 11:40 AM

2005: Make a great run to the title game. UNI is leading that game 16-14 in the 4th quarter. 9 minutes left. UNI has the ball. All that is needed is a 4-5 minute drive, even if it ends in a field goal. The way the defenses were playing the chances of App State driving the field in 4 minutes to score a touchdown to win is very, very, slim. App State DE gets around a future NFL tackle, blind sides Eric Sanders who fumbles. He picks up the fumble and runs it back for the winning score. Sanders said of the fumble "I dropped back to pass, I stepped up and when I was ready to throw it I had it and then the next second I didn't have it. I really don't know what happened. One moment I had it and the next moment I didn't have it."

2006: A massive majority of the team returns. Preseason top 3. Crush Drake 48-7 in the opener and then lose the home opener to D2 North Dakota. Beat SDSU the next week to move to 2-1. Play Iowa State in week 4. Lead 21-14 after 3. Lead 27-21 with 2:20 left. Iowa State goes 74 yards in 1:05 to score to go up 28-27 with 1:05 left. UNI drives to give one of the best kickers in FCS history a shot to win it with a 51 yards, well within his range. He misses it by about 4 inches to the right with 6 seconds left on the clock. Fell to 2-2 and finished 7-4 and missed the playoffs.

2007: Crush Iowa State. Ranked #1 all year. Finish regular season 12-0. Team has 4 NFL OL on it. The Payton runner up who set the FCS record for season completion % that year. All American running back. Conference DPOY and 7 other All Conference/All Americans on defense. 5 guys from that defense in the NFL. Jump out to a 10-0 lead. UD had to blow 2 time outs on their first possession because they were rattled. UNI was running all over UD. For whatever reason UNI stops running the ball and UD gets back into it and takes a 12-10 lead - 2 blocked PATs. UNI starts driving with 3 minutes left. Our top WR fumbles a WR screen and it's run back for a TD giving UD a 19-10 lead. Second half UNI takes a 20-19 lead and the offense stalls. 13-0 UNI falls, at home, 39-27.

2008: Almost everyone except the QB and RB return. The QB that steps in is a AC QB. UNI ranked in the top 3 all season. 10-2 regular season. #1 seed in the playoffs. Hosting Richmond in the semifinals. UNI is up by 20-7 with less than 12 minutes left. UR scores to make it 20-14 with 11 left. Defensive struggle. UNI gets the ball back with 2:13 left in the game, UR has all 3 TOs left. Need at least 1 first down and can kill the game. UNI runs a dive, WR jet sweep and off tackle. UNI burns 29 seconds because UR has all 3 TOs and punts. The punt is an All Conference punter that was at like 45 yards per punt. Shanks the punt. It goes about 25 yards. UR takes over with 1:44 left. UNI does what Farley does and went straight prevent, giving up every 10-15 yard sideline route UR wants. They score with 14 seconds left to win 21-20. Oh...and in the third quarter UNI perfectly ran a WR screen throw back. Ran a screen, actually a lateral, to a WR on the UNI sideline. The QB and 3 OL instantly sprint to the UR sideline. The UNI WR - who was a QB his first 3 years on campus and the emergency QB - throws across field to Pat Grace. The ball hits him in the ****ing chest plate and falls incomplete. There wasn't a defender within 40 yards of him and he had a TE and 3 OL to convoy him. Would have been 6 and put UNI up 27-7, and put the game away. Richmond goes on to the title game and crushes Montana.

2009: Most of the 08 team returns. Top 5 preseason team. Go into Iowa City week 1 and lose in a way that has literally never happened before and won't happen again.

The team was pissed and rebounded. Won the next 5 games by scores of 66-7 30-0 35-7 62-7 and 42-27. Then lost 3 of the last 5 and missed the playoffs as the locker room fell apart. Oh, and we missed the playoffs because a week 12 loss at Illinois State in which we took the lead with 1:05 left in the game and Illinois State scored with 3 seconds left to knock UNI out.

2011: Open the season at Iowa State. Have a 19-13 lead. Iowa State scores with 19 seconds left to win 20-19. UNI wins it's next next 6 and gives up more than 14 just once. Loses by 8 at NDSU during the start of their title run. UNI then wins it's final 3 regular season games. Finishes 9-2 in the regular season. Gets to Montana in the quarters and loses by 38

2012: Lose to Wisconsin by 5, starting a freshman QB. Had the ball inside the WI 40 with less than 2 minutes left. Couldn't get the score. Lost 5 of the first 6, only win was a D2. Were 2-6 through week 8.

2013: 2012 team was very young. Seasoned team coming back. Beat Iowa State to open the year. Crush #6 McNeese State 41-6 in week 4 (this is when I become a MVSU fan). Lose by 1 in Fargo in a game UNI lead the entire game, until the last 50 seconds. Lose 3 straight OT games after that (2 of them 2OT). Decimated by injuries during that stretch. Lose a 4th straight before getting MSU, WIU and YSU to close the season with 3 wins.

2014: Lose by 1 score to Iowa. Lose by 3 to Hawaii. Go 8-2 to finish the year after that. Crush SFA in the playoffs. David Johnson wrecking bitches. Lose to Illinois State in the playoffs because Farley loves him some Brion Carnes for some reason.

2015: Farley decides to ignore David Johnson through 6 games. Sitting at 2-4 and playing musical QBs he decides to pick one. Shockingly we win 7 in a row and our run ends at the hands of NDSU in Fargo in the playoffs.

The constant crush of having your team sucks is bad. The absolute peaks and valleys of good and bad is far....far....far worse. It's not even close.

You're not going to convince me. UNI hasn't had anything close to what we experienced in 2015. You haven't been in the stands for a loss to Washburn. You bitch and moan about how being a UNI fan sucks, but your team still beat mine by 54 points last year. When was the last time UNI lost like that to a conference team?

I know nothing else. Success is an abstract concept, but I try to make it a relative one. We don't even have a rival to point to, as a baseline to try to become better. You have NDSU and SDSU nearby. We play in an ill-fitting conference against schools that simply have more resources and communities that support football. We are completely listless and directionless, our coach is panicking and taking on every transfer the university will allow, even though he was given a contract extension.

Think about that - a contract extension for a coach with one home win over a D-I program (on a last second FG). Do you think that would be acceptable at UNI? Would a coach with a 5-17 record be given added job security because his bosses have absolutely no creativity or a sense of urgency? Do you think UNI fans would react negatively to it? Do you think they'd react at all? Our fan base didn't react because we know we're hopeless, so we base contract extensions on whether we like the guy. That's why Terry Allen was around so long with nothing to show for it, and he's still around on Springfield radio. Are there any UNI coaches with a 36% win rate on radio in Cedar Falls, reminding you every day about the cultural problems not only of your alma mater, but of your hometown?

cx500d
August 18th, 2017, 12:47 PM
That's not including the game that shall not be mentioned in Montana, or the freak tip play and clank in field goal for TCU, or many others.

What are you talking about with TCU? You guys played pretty good against them, although they were in a down year, but you lost by 18 points.

cx500d
August 18th, 2017, 12:51 PM

I thought they quit allowing glass bottles into football stadiums after the Vikings ruined it for everybody during the game in the aforementioned video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak3Z_8ZauNA

neverobeyed
August 18th, 2017, 01:43 PM

And for 2017 ... the AD announced that UNI is charging for parking at the UNI-Dome!!!

clenz
August 18th, 2017, 02:16 PM
And for 2017 ... the AD announced that UNI is charging for parking at the UNI-Dome!!!
That's brilliant.

Should've happened years ago.

We finally have an AD with vision and the guts to admit what getting to that vision is going to take.

Thumper 76
August 18th, 2017, 03:38 PM
What are you talking about with TCU? You guys played pretty good against them, although they were in a down year, but you lost by 18 points.

I take it you didn't watch the game then.

cx500d
August 18th, 2017, 03:41 PM
I take it you didn't watch the game then.

I did, in person since I live in the area, but its been a while.

Yote84
August 18th, 2017, 03:51 PM
In bunnies eyes they beat TCU even though they lost by 18.

dewey
August 18th, 2017, 03:54 PM
The debate between clenz and godhelpthebears about what is worse between UNI or Missouri State fan is very interesting. UNI is a really solid, good team and having numerous teams that could have or should have won a title versus the perennial losers of Missouri State is a good one.

I think it is more painful to be a UNI fan because they remind me of the Vikings and there is always the hope of winning the title to only be snatched away by...

Dewey

cx500d
August 18th, 2017, 03:54 PM

I'm not denying it was a good game, and for a time I thought we could have an upset, but TCU, even in a down year, is pretty good. I would count that as a quality loss, if there is such a thing. Since SMU sucks, TCU is kind of my go to game here in DFW.

REALBird
August 18th, 2017, 03:58 PM

0-4 in Super Bowls

You just took a bit of my soul with each of those examples. Yet somehow you didn't include 1987 and the Darrin Nelson/Wade Wilson disconnect.

The sad thing is I knew Walsh was going to miss that F'n FG against Seattle. I just knew it, which makes it less painful than old Gary missing that damned 38 yarder. The wife came back to our tiny two bedroom apartment to discover I did some interior decorating and moved a few things around that day. '09 was just life kicking me squarely in the baby maker. I had finally reconciled having a former Packer at QB and grew to like Favre. I just kept saying get it in FG range....which after '98 and '09 seems kinda crazy.....but yeah I just didn't want him going into gunslinger mode.

I wish I was a drinker now. I'm depressed.

REALBird
August 18th, 2017, 04:00 PM

I'm a fan of both.

**** all of you

I am a Viking fan as well, and we are a tortured lot. But damn it....Buffalo made it like 4 years in a row and got bent over each time in the end. I don't know which is worst, getting there 4 times in different years and losing OR getting there 4 years in a row and coming home empty.

cx500d
August 18th, 2017, 04:01 PM
I am a Viking fan as well, and we are a tortured lot. But damn it....Buffalo made it like 4 years in a row and got bent over each time in the end. I don't know which is worst, getting there 4 times in different years and losing OR getting there 4 years in a row and coming home empty.

Yes.

clenz
August 18th, 2017, 04:29 PM
They ran into some GOAT teams. They also haven't had much outside of those years.

Vikings had a GOAT team in the 70s and couldn't win it.
Vikings had a GOAT in 1998.
01 ****ing sucked
09 was worse than 01...on par with 98
Walsh can ****ing rot

The difference is, much like UNI football, there is contently good teams, and team that should've won the title...only to be pissed away.

It's like a super hot chick dry humping the **** out of you and then just as you think you get to seal the deal she just walks away. She then comes back to **** with you some more, then she walks away. And she continually repeats that process.

That's life as a UNI and Vikings fan.

dewey
August 18th, 2017, 04:37 PM
They ran into some GOAT teams. They also haven't had much outside of those years.

01 ****ing sucked
Walsh can ****ing rot

The difference is, much like UNI football, there is contently good teams, and team that should've won the title...only to be pissed away.

It's like a super hot chick dry humping the **** out of you and then just as you think you get to seal the deal she just walks away. She then comes back to **** with you some more, then she walks away. And she continually repeats that process.

I need a drink after reading through those past Vikings seasons again. Those 98 and 09 losses were gut wrenching, tear your sole out. The 15 loss because of the missed field goal stung but they would have gotten whooped in the next round or two.

I was complaining one time to my father in law about the Vikings losing in the NFC title games and he told me to STFU. He has been a Vikings fan since the beginning of the franchise and got to watch them lose to the Chiefs while he was stationed in Guam during the Vietnam War plus the other Super Bowl losses.

Being a Bison fan and a Vikings fan is kind of like ying and yang. The Vikings always find a way to lose but the Bison almost always find a way to win.

Freak clenz I want to have a drink just for you now.

Dewey

Bison56
August 18th, 2017, 04:44 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/unnrj.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjDhcfA4OHVAhWHhVQKHZGRCloQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fimgflip.com%2Ftag%2Fvikings%2Fpa ckers%3Fpage%3D5&psig=AFQjCNEI76dEx5SxSBeT9xKcEMrX1PqUcw&ust=1503178956499944)

Schism55
August 18th, 2017, 04:50 PM

01 ****ing sucked
Walsh can ****ing rot

Who brought the good news bear? :D

TheKingpin28
August 18th, 2017, 05:35 PM
None of you will change my mind about Minnesota professional hockey but more specifically the Wild. You do not understand my pain and none of you who are not diehard Wild fans, will ever understand. Nothing compares. Not even Maple Leafs fans can complain.

Redbird 4th & short
August 18th, 2017, 06:02 PM

01 ****ing sucked
Walsh can ****ing rot

ok, so you're starting to grow on me.

p.s. which I'm sure makes your day .. beats getting dry-humped with a walk-away ... or maybe not.

Thumper 76
August 19th, 2017, 04:01 AM
No, we win enough to not count moral victories. You tend to be like that when you can win over 50% of your conference games....

I'm not denying it was a good game, and for a time I thought we could have an upset, but TCU, even in a down year, is pretty good. I would count that as a quality loss, if there is such a thing. Since SMU sucks, TCU is kind of my go to game here in DFW.

Two pivotal points in the game was when TCU clanked in a fg to end the half (if I remember right) to tie the game, and then their 50yd td pass that deflected off a SDSU d back into the arms of a TCU WR who took it in for the td. That put them up by two scores and it was over after that. I doubt the Jacks win even if that doesn't happen though I think that was a third and long play. Doesn't matter either way the SDSU defense wasn't stopping them, but man that would have been fun to see what happened if the Jacks got the ball back there down by a score.

Edit: looked it up and it was second and long.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 19th, 2017, 07:58 AM
The debate between clenz and godhelpthebears about what is worse between UNI or Missouri State fan is very interesting. UNI is a really solid, good team and having numerous teams that could have or should have won a title versus the perennial losers of Missouri State is a good one.

I think it is more painful to be a UNI fan because they remind me of the Vikings and there is always the hope of winning the title to only be snatched away by...

Dewey

UNI is going to be "sneaky" good this year. They probably have the best WR corp in the conference and if Dunne is used to his strengths, UNI is going to be a tough game for everyone. Their front 7 on defense is always good and they will be this year. Their secondary will get tested but I just have a feeling that they will surprise most of us. They are under the radar right now. They have a tough OOC and tough road games in conference.

POD Knows
August 19th, 2017, 09:32 AM
UNI is going to be "sneaky" good this year. They probably have the best WR corp in the conference and if Dunne is used to his strengths, UNI is going to be a tough game for everyone. Their front 7 on defense is always good and they will be this year. Their secondary will get tested but I just have a feeling that they will surprise most of us. They are under the radar right now. They have a tough OOC and tough road games in conference.What is the latest on Dunne, I heard he was out with an injury.

GodHelpTheBears
August 19th, 2017, 09:35 AM
UNI is going to be "sneaky" good this year. They probably have the best WR corp in the conference and if Dunne is used to his strengths, UNI is going to be a tough game for everyone. Their front 7 on defense is always good and they will be this year. Their secondary will get tested but I just have a feeling that they will surprise most of us. They are under the radar right now. They have a tough OOC and tough road games in conference.

I hope our guys can keep it within 5 TD's this year. It would be progress

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 19th, 2017, 09:59 AM
I hope our guys can keep it within 5 TD's this year. It would be progress

I think MSU is trending up. I always thought MSU could be a great FB power in the FCS: great location, large student body, great FB area and location in the country for recruits.

Get the right coach and instill a winning attitude. People will show up when there is a good product on the field. Winning cures a lot of "ills".

Hopefully the right coach is there. Seems like it so far.

clenz
August 19th, 2017, 12:42 PM
What is the latest on Dunne, I heard he was out with an injury.

MEI came back clean so they have proceeded with normal rehab and activity as he can. Sounds like he will start Iowa State after fears the MRI would come back with some significant damage led people to assume he was done for awhile.

dewey
August 19th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Here is an article about the NDSU offensive line and last year's left tackle and probable right guard Collin Conner.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4314651-conner-big-piece-ndsus-offense-line-puzzle

The predicted starters.
LT Redshirt Freshman Dillon Radunz
LG Junior Collin Conner
C Junior Tanner Gilson
RG Senior Austin Kuhnert
RT Sophomore Zack Johnson

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 19th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Here is an article about the NDSU offensive line and last year's left tackle and probable right guard Collin Conner.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4314651-conner-big-piece-ndsus-offense-line-puzzle

The predicted starters.
LG Junior Collin Conner
C Junior Tanner Gilson
RG Senior Austin Kuhnert

Dewey

Zack Johnson is going to really have a good year IMO. Kid is huge and tough as nails.

underdawg
August 19th, 2017, 08:56 PM
SIU offensive line starters:

LT: 6-6 305 pound DeVondre Seymour

LG: 6-2 300 pound Earnest Dye Jr

C : 6-1 322 pound Jacob Marin

RG: 6-2 286 pound Josh Podzielinski

RT: 6-5 320 pound Austin Olsen

Redbird007
August 19th, 2017, 09:21 PM
SIU offensive line starters:

LT: 6-6 305 pound DeVondre Seymour

LG: 6-2 300 pound Earnest Dye Jr

C : 6-1 322 pound Jacob Marin

RG: 6-2 286 pound Josh Podzielinski

RT: 6-5 320 pound Austin Olsen

Would be willing to bet that these weights are partially due to the obesity epidemic that exists in the United States.

BisonFan02
August 19th, 2017, 09:55 PM

The predicted starters.
LG Junior Collin Conner
C Junior Tanner Gilson
RG Senior Austin Kuhnert

Dewey

Wow? Really? With Volson at center (and if that Radunz pans out), this OL is nasty.

Bisonoline
August 19th, 2017, 09:56 PM
Wow? Really? With Volson at center (and if that Radunz pans out), this OL is nasty.

Told ya. xnodx:D

BisonFan02
August 19th, 2017, 10:00 PM
Told ya. xnodx:D

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't gotten too much info this spring/fall camp. Kinda surprised Connor got bumped to guard, but that must say alot about the Frosh. Kuhnert is a nasty run blocker and I've heard good things about Johnson. Volson plays with an edge as well.

Bisonoline
August 19th, 2017, 10:25 PM
I'll be the first to admit that I haven't gotten too much info this spring/fall camp. Kinda surprised Connor got bumped to guard, but that must say alot about the Frosh. Kuhnert is a nasty run blocker and I've heard good things about Johnson. Volson plays with an edge as well.

I was hearing stuff about that left tackle since he hit campus. Moving Conners to the inside will help him as he had issues with the outside rush. Kuhnert
had issue with snapping in the shot gun. Volson stepped in last year and had no issues. Kuhnert plays better at guard and showed that when they moved him over after hurting his shoulder. My only question was at right tackle.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2017, 07:15 AM
I was hearing stuff about that left tackle since he hit campus. Moving Conners to the inside will help him as he had issues with the outside rush. Kuhnert
had issue with snapping in the shot gun. Volson stepped in last year and had no issues. Kuhnert plays better at guard and showed that when they moved him over after hurting his shoulder. My only question was at right tackle.

I guess Zack Johnson has taken over that position and is going to really be a force on the right side. Kid is huge.

dewey
August 20th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about Redshirt Freshman fullback Zak ****z (K-u-n-t-z). Zak's father played for UND in the 90's.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4314436-****z-chip-old-block-playing-ndsu-instead-und

Here is a link to the Fargo Forum sports section and there you can search for the article on K-u-n-t-z.

http://www.inforum.com/sports

Dewey

TheKingpin28
August 20th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about Redshirt Freshman fullback Zak ****z (K-u-n-t-z). Zak's father played for UND in the early 90's.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4314436-****z-chip-old-block-playing-ndsu-instead-und

Dewey

Page does not exist

dewey
August 20th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Page does not exist

The AGS board automatically changes his last name to ****z and that makes the link invalid.

I will try some other things and edit my original post.

I added a link to the Fargo Forum sports page and then you will have to find it from there unless someone else knows how to do it another way.

Dewey

BisonTru
August 20th, 2017, 03:38 PM
The AGS board automatically changes his last name to ****z and that makes the link invalid.

I added a link to the Fargo Forum sports page and then you will have to find it from there unless someone else knows how to do it another way.

Dewey

If you manually enter in the edited out part when you copy paste the link it works.

ST_Lawson
August 20th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Does AGS allow bit.ly links?
If so, here's that link: http://bit.ly/2weRiGg

EDIT - yup, looks like it works. So if you run into that issue in the future, you can use a bit.ly url shortened link.

TheKingpin28
August 20th, 2017, 06:55 PM

Dewey

Yeah that is annoying

Schism55
August 20th, 2017, 08:03 PM
I'm a big Tanner fan, he plays with great technique and leverage as well.