PDA

View Full Version : MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Twentysix
July 25th, 2017, 05:27 PM
We are getting close to football!

cx500d
July 25th, 2017, 05:36 PM
We played USD for a Natty ~ 1985....More than SDSU can say....

Have expectations ever been this high heading into a season? I don't recall the last time SDSU was considered national title contenders before the season started. I also don't recall the last time USD made it to the playoffs, but that's another story.

Since we're talking about preseason expectations...

year - preseason, result
2016 - 3rd, T-1st
2015 - 5th, T-3rd
2014 - 2nd, 4th
2013 - 2nd, T-2nd
2012 - 6th, 2nd
2011 - 4th, T-4th
2010 - 2nd, T-3rd
2009 - 3rd, 2nd
2008 - 6th, 3rd

Idk about you, but I see a trend there. If your USeD education fails you, pm me and we can set up a one on one session for me to explain it to you.

https://media.giphy.com/media/26tn94PufahcrNOlW/giphy.gif

IBleedYellow
July 25th, 2017, 06:28 PM
9th is fair, I think that's where we will end up. We may have a better team that finishes with a worse record. I think Stec will do well to get back to four wins considering our schedule and the state of our roster. 2018 needs to become something, though.Am I crazy to think that your coaching staff has you trending in the right direction?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

cx500d
July 25th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Am I crazy to think that your coaching staff has you trending in the right direction?

Its like when you get to the south pole, any direction you head from the south pole is north.

ST_Lawson
July 25th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Swap WIU and UNI and then it looks good to me.

This is correct.

GodHelpTheBears
July 25th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Am I crazy to think that your coaching staff has you trending in the right direction?

I generally think the same thing...but we started at rock bottom and the climb up is a bitch. Replacing a NAIA team for a Big Sky champ on our schedule doesn't help matters. I also don't know how far we will go in this "right direction", we could top out at 6-5 in the next two years. In fact, that's probably what will happen.

Also, breaking news, for the first time in our history we will be broadcast on the "Jefferson Pilot game", the 11 am broadcast of an SEC game that used to be carried by UPN channel 15 in my parts and now runs on the SEC network. (I spent a sad amount of my childhood watching those games. Shoutout to Ed Orgeron, the three Daves and every Kentucky QB from Tim Couch to Andre Woodson. Also there is no way in hell anyone in this MVFC specific thread will know what I'm writing about.) We play UM-C on 9/2 - may the broadcast be fuzzy, the camera work amateurish and the sides of Texas Pete be plentiful.

CappinHard
July 25th, 2017, 11:12 PM

Meh, maybe they should go back to D2... They could probably compete and finish somewhere other than the cellar in that division.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/lj935f7J3guGc/giphy.gif

Green1
July 25th, 2017, 11:28 PM
Quite a bit actually. Especially when we run our favorite package... The Wildcat. xbawlingx Here's to hoping we don't see that at all this year.

To be fair cats and rabbits never get along.

Green1
July 25th, 2017, 11:33 PM
SDSU is the only school in the upper half every year they been in MVFC. Even NDSU was bottom half once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I guess you Rabbit fans have us there. I hope as a Bison fan, our team can live up to your example. Here is to hope.... xdrunkyx

Thumper 76
July 26th, 2017, 02:16 AM

Damn, and since then they've won all of 8 games vs SDSU. In 30 years since that vaunted appearance. 8. Games. And before you throw out the crap about the gap from SDSU moving up and USeD being twats, they played each other twice per year several times in that stretch. You know what I'm not worried about as an SDSU fan? If the Jacks were in the DII natty four years before I was even born.

Redbird 4th & short
July 26th, 2017, 08:42 AM
Have expectations ever been this high heading into a season? I don't recall the last time SDSU was considered national title contenders before the season started. I also don't recall the last time USD made it to the playoffs, but that's another story.

Since we're talking about preseason expectations...

year - preseason, result
2016 - 3rd, T-1st
2015 - 5th, T-3rd
2014 - 2nd, 4th
2013 - 2nd, T-2nd
2012 - 6th, 2nd
2011 - 4th, T-4th
2010 - 2nd, T-3rd
2009 - 3rd, 2nd
2008 - 6th, 3rd

very similar story at ISU since Spack took over in 2009

Historical perspective on MVFC pre-season polls of ISU:

Year Pre-season / Actual
2016: 4th / 4th (round of 16)
2015: 2nd / 1st-T (round of 8)
2014: 6th / 1st-T (finals 2) .. Spack and some of us on Redbird Forum knew in August we had something very special and predicted a playoff run before Roberson was named starter.
2013: 4th / 6th .. though a respectable 4-4 record
2012: 4th / 3rd (round of 8)
2011: 5th / 3rd (screwed out of playoff bid)
2010: 3rd / 3rd-T .. amazingly a 6 way tie for 3rd with all teams 4-4
2009: 8th / 3rd

Note Spack inherited a 3-8 team (2-6, 8th place in MVFC) from 2008 .. hence predicted to finish in 8th again in 2009, Spaces first year .. and he finished 3rd. Bu we've come a very long way since 2010.

So all toll Spack outperformed this poll 5 times in 8 years, matched poll 2 years.

The only year a Spack team under-performed in conference was 2013 .. though finished 4-4 in conference .... which some years gets you tie for 3rd place, other years gets you 6th place. But it was a rough year at 5-6 overall .. first half of season was disaster, 2nd half was very respectable and laid foundation for natty run in 2014.

I predict we outperform MVFC poll again and finish 3rd.

Professor Chaos
July 26th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Sadly... NDSU has struggled to outperform their preseason conference ranking in recent years.

2016 - 1st / T-1st
2015 - 1st / T-1st
2014 - 1st / T-1st
2013 - 1st / 1st
2012 - 1st / 1st
2011 - 2nd / T-1st

:D

Redbird 4th & short
July 26th, 2017, 09:33 AM
Sadly... NDSU has struggled to outperform their preseason conference ranking in recent years.

2016 - 1st / T-1st
2015 - 1st / T-1st
2014 - 1st / T-1st
2013 - 1st / 1st
2012 - 1st / 1st
2011 - 2nd / T-1st

Obviously can't take pressure at this level. ... maybe time to drop back top D-II ??

mmiller_34
July 26th, 2017, 09:44 AM

1985. Exactly why we call them USeD.

- Used to be good. (in DII)
- Used to care. (in DII)
- Used to actually try. (in DII)
- Used to be able to win. (in DII)
- Used to kinda play in championships. (in DII)
- Used to be relevant. (in DII)
- Used to be ranked. (in DII)
- Used to have a football team. (in DII)
- Used to make us FearEd. (in DII)

Bison56
July 26th, 2017, 09:58 AM
Damn, and since then they've won all of 8 games vs SDSU. In 30 years since that vaunted appearance. 8. Games. And before you throw out the crap about the gap from SDSU moving up and USeD being twats, they played each other twice per year several times in that stretch. You know what I'm not worried about as an SDSU fan? If the Jacks were in the DII natty four years before I was even born.

You even start shaving yet?:D

Yote84
July 26th, 2017, 10:08 AM
SDSU so desperately wants to be considered an equal to NDSU that when they are reminded they are not even close it angers them so much they lash out at everyone else. It's sad to watch.

Thankfully Bison fans are still reasonable with their feedback compared to the wabbits. Keep patting yourself on the back bunny turds and tell yourself awesome you think you are.

mmiller_34
July 26th, 2017, 10:14 AM
SDSU so desperately wants to be considered an equal to NDSU that when they are reminded they are not even close it angers them so much they lash out at everyone else. It's sad to watch.

Thankfully Bison fans are still reasonable with their feedback compared to the wabbits. Keep patting yourself on the back bunny turds and tell yourself awesome you think you are.

Sounds good. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Coyotes in the playoffs one of these years that way you guys can go to Fargo instead.

clenz
July 26th, 2017, 10:17 AM
What's funny is SDSU is significantly closer to NDSU than USD is to SDSU.....or UND

CappinHard
July 26th, 2017, 10:20 AM

Those posts were in regards to the silly assertion that SDSU hasn't lived up to its own hype and the completely absurd assertion that somehow USeD was better than SDSU. None of it was in regards to being considered an equal to NDSU. You just keep trying to deflect the attention away from how bad USeD is though. xcoffeex

mmiller_34
July 26th, 2017, 10:32 AM
What's funny is SDSU is significantly closer to NDSU than USD is to SDSU.....or UND

The extended years USeD spent in D-II after SDSU went D-I has left the Coyote fan base confused. I think that the fact that our home game versus Cal-Poly (16,887) outdrew our home game with USD (15,345) is evidence enough.

But USeD fans still lay there like....

https://68.media.tumblr.com/2036e8540ab4156aacf395910b6e874b/tumblr_ohsnfcSr451v4zoplo1_500.gif

IBleedYellow
July 26th, 2017, 10:49 AM
I'm walking in with three Casey's like...

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

CappinHard
July 26th, 2017, 11:03 AM
I'm walking in with three Casey's like...

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

Jacks didn't start the fire... It was always burning since the Yotes been sucking.

https://media.giphy.com/media/DIiagIOZ26NuE/giphy.gif

mmiller_34
July 26th, 2017, 11:15 AM
I'll push reset on this thread.

http://readthespirit.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/feed-the-spirit/wp-content/uploads/sites/19/2014/05/tater-tot-casserole.jpg

I'll bring it back to what is most important. Hotdish.

Here is some important reading for you if you find yourself wondering what hotdish is: https://www.eater.com/2016/5/15/11611558/what-is-hotdish

IBleedYellow
July 26th, 2017, 11:19 AM
https://media.tenor.co/images/dcd6bb0b3f0ca7acea19c19599e63810/tenor.gif

Yote 53
July 26th, 2017, 11:22 AM

Which should be just crushing news for UNI fans, because, you know, 10-8-16, 28-25. Where are you guys at in this pecking order?

Yote84
July 26th, 2017, 11:36 AM

Do you hear USD fans trying to claim differently? Your trying too hard to find a fight Clenz.

I just want to see what huge body of work SDSU has accomplished that they have the right to talk **** to every other team in the nation as if they've won 5 straight nattys.

mmiller_34
July 26th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Do you hear USD fans trying to claim differently? Your trying too hard to find a fight Clenz.

I just want to see what huge body of work SDSU has accomplished that they have the right to talk **** to every other team in the nation as if they've won 5 straight nattys.

http://cook.fnr.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/cook/fullset/2012/6/15/0/CC_Hot-Dish-Tater-Tot-Casserole-Recipe_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.462.suffix/1488983543767.jpeg

clenz
July 26th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Which should be just crushing news for UNI fans, because, you know, 10-8-16, 28-25. Where are you guys at in this pecking order?
Still finishing a head of USD in the conference in our most disastrous season in about 4 decadesxcoffeex

Lest we forget, as bad as last year was, we still fished a head of USD, were in the quarterfinals the year before and a playoff team again the year before that.

clenz
July 26th, 2017, 11:49 AM
http://cook.fnr.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/cook/fullset/2012/6/15/0/CC_Hot-Dish-Tater-Tot-Casserole-Recipe_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.462.suffix/1488983543767.jpegOh sweet jesus....I need that in me right now.

Bison56
July 26th, 2017, 11:53 AM
http://cook.fnr.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/cook/fullset/2012/6/15/0/CC_Hot-Dish-Tater-Tot-Casserole-Recipe_s4x3.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.616.462.suffix/1488983543767.jpeg

xholyx

mmiller_34
July 26th, 2017, 12:01 PM

Only ones trying too hard are yotie fans trying to stay relevant.

Also, honestly the only team I have been smacking today is USD. Not sure how we are **** talking every other team in the nation....in the MVFC thread... and if you think Cappin' putting up a list of SDSU preseason prediction versus actual final results to prove that we are not perennial underachievers, I mean, c'mon.

uni88
July 26th, 2017, 12:06 PM
I'll push reset on this thread.

http://readthespirit.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/feed-the-spirit/wp-content/uploads/sites/19/2014/05/tater-tot-casserole.jpg

I'll bring it back to what is most important. Hotdish.

Here is some important reading for you if you find yourself wondering what hotdish is: https://www.eater.com/2016/5/15/11611558/what-is-hotdishThank you for posting an article that confirms that a hotdish is a specialized casserole.

And if you put a crust in a hotdish it would make it a pot pie not a Chicago style deep dish pizza. The basic ingredients of a pizza are crust, sauce and cheese. Thickness of the crust only makes a difference to pizzenophobes who should just give up electricity and all other modern advancements.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

mmiller_34
July 26th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Thank you for posting an article that confirms that a hotdish is a specialized casserole.

And if you put a crust in a hotdish it would make it a pot pie not a Chicago style deep dish pizza. The basic ingredients of a pizza are crust, sauce and cheese. Thickness of the crust only makes a difference to pizzenophobes who should just give up electricity and all other modern advancements.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Haha, you're welcome.

I have no opinion in the casserole-hotdish debate. In my opinion, call it whatever it is -- I don't care, it will end up in my belly.

IBleedYellow
July 26th, 2017, 12:18 PM
USed fans.

Why haven't you played the trump card of beating NDSU once at home?

mmiller_34
July 26th, 2017, 12:25 PM
USed fans.

Hey, no table talk.

CappinHard
July 26th, 2017, 12:28 PM

Not every other team in the nation... just USeD.

Yote84
July 26th, 2017, 12:30 PM
Show me this massive body of work that makes you so amazing?

The reason SDSU fans do not want to talk about anything other than the past 10 years is because before that you were not a good football team ever. I'm not saying USD was either. If your response to this mimics that your missing the point.

You have a very good team this year and a legit shot at a natty. But be humble as a fan base every once and a while. You don't always have to talk **** about every other team to try and make yourself look better or act like you have achieved something no one else has. Making the playoffs 6 years in a row and being a one and done or not even winning a game is not a pass to be a douche.

Yote 53
July 26th, 2017, 12:34 PM
USed fans.

Because the fight is not with Bison fans. We really don't have any ground to stand on in a debate with you guys, neither does anybody else.

mmiller_34
July 26th, 2017, 12:39 PM
You don't always have to talk **** about every other team to try and make yourself look better or act like you have achieved something no one else has. Making the playoffs 6 years in a row and being a one and done or not even winning a game is not a pass to be a douche.

Try quoting those douchebag statements please. Also, in the playoffs, we have been a "one-and-done", once, in the past five years --- against Montana in 2015.

2012 - Beat Eastern Illinois (bad)
2013 - Beat Northern Arizona
2014 - Beat Montana State
2015 - Lost to Montana
2016 - Beat Villanova

The reason SDSU fans do not want to talk about anything other than the past 10 years is because before that you were not a good football team ever.

Why would we care to talk about D-II SDSU on a D-I fan forum? We know we were the epitome of mediocre in D-II, but that doesn't matter, here.

The amount of change that the SDSU program has seen since joining D-I, not just on the field, has been ridiculous. We are not NDSU, no one ever will be. But to deny how successful SDSU has been is simply arrogance from USD fans.

Get this: Our second to last year of the D-II transition (2006) our average regular season attendance was 6,972 fans/game. 10 years later (2016) our average regular season attendance was 15,019 fans/game. We are in a completely different era.

CappinHard
July 26th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Show me this massive body of work that makes you so amazing?

The reason SDSU fans do not want to talk about anything other than the past 10 years is because before that you were not a good football team ever. I'm not saying USD was either. If your response to this mimics that your missing the point.

You have a very good team this year and a legit shot at a natty. But be humble as a fan base every once and a while. You don't always have to talk **** about every other team to try and make yourself look better or act like you have achieved something no one else has. Making the playoffs 6 years in a row and being a one and done or not even winning a game is not a pass to be a douche.

I feel like your hate for SDSU is blinding you from actually reading the posts. All we have done is be excited about this year, defend false claims, and talk **** about little brother (not every other team).

Yote84
July 26th, 2017, 01:23 PM
mmiller_34 "yoties trying to stay relevant" and your "little brother" comment Coppin is my exact point.

You have this false idea that SDSU and Brookings SD are the pinnacle of everything. Others are dying to be in Brookings SD and go to school at SD STATE. There is a reason the MVC wanted nothing to do with you. But not even that humbles the most unreasonable and unrealistic fans in FCS.

Women's basketball is SDSU's most prized sport. Don't even try to say it's not or that it's football. Should USD fans go around on blogs calling the lady jacks little sister since we have won 2 of the last 3 conference titles and a WNIT championship to SDSU's 0 in that span.

Or maybe the blogs should light up with the fact that SDSU is little brother after our men's basketball team won the conference last year. Or our women's volleyball team who won the conference last year while little sister SDSU only won a few games total. Maybe our women's cross country should be blogging off about winning the last 3 conference titles while little sister SDSU didn't.

I know it's a football thread but that sounds like staying relevant and far from being little brother and sister to me.

Thumper 76
July 26th, 2017, 01:25 PM
USed fans.

Cause it's about as impressive as they year they beat the Goofs and proceeded to go defeated in conference play?

And legitimately the only team I've seen SDSU fans ragging on so far has been USeD, but they're such a bunch of babies that they can't see it. It's like the old phrase talk **** get hit. It's the epitome of the younger brother hitting his older brother and trying to cry to mom when he gets his ass beat. Don't start chirping when you can't even get your heads above .500 in conference.

The only other team I've really talked any trash about recently was SHSU, but after they lost playoff games by 60 pts in back to back years, that's what happens.

mmiller_34
July 26th, 2017, 01:41 PM
mmiller_34 "yoties trying to stay relevant" and your "little brother" comment Coppin is my exact point.

How do you not see that those were responses to your initial comments about SDSU fans. Those comments were not provoked out of thin air.

Women's basketball is SDSU's most prized sport.

Yes, our women's basketball team is awesome.

Don't even try to say it's not or that it's football. Should USD fans go around on blogs calling the lady jacks little sister since we have won 2 of the last 3 conference titles and a WNIT championship to SDSU's 0 in that span.

What blogs? And, No. Because in that time SDSU has won the tournament championship twice and went on to win an opening round NCAA Tourney game for the second time since D-I.

Or maybe the blogs should light up with the fact that SDSU is little brother after our men's basketball team won the conference last year.

No, because you choked and lost to us in the semi-finals of the Summit Tourney, and we went to the dance. Again, what blogs??

Or our women's volleyball team who won the conference last year while little sister SDSU only won a few games total.

https://media.giphy.com/media/26uf6o80xhd6MKGIw/giphy.gif

Maybe our women's cross country should be blogging off about winning the last 3 conference titles while little sister SDSU didn't.

http://www.picgifs.com/reaction-gifs/reaction-gifs/wtf/wtf042.gif

You have this false idea that SDSU and Brookings SD are the pinnacle of everything. Others are dying to be in Brookings SD and go to school at SD STATE. There is a reason the MVC wanted nothing to do with you. But not even that humbles the most unreasonable and unrealistic fans in FCS.

See, here is the problem. Myself, Cappin, or Thump have never said in this thread that Brookings, or SDSU is the pinnacle of anything. What we have done is this:

1. Respond to a claim that SDSU underachieves (proven false by Cappin's past MVFC Preseason/Postseason polls)
2. Responded to a claim that SDSU has been "one-and-done" type team in the playoffs (proven false by my factual record of SDSU's past 5 years in the playoffs.
3. Provided evidence of SDSU's football program growth (my demonstrating that our attendance has grown nearly 300%)
4. Handed you smack just as it was being dished to SDSU from you.

CappinHard
July 26th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Moving on from that ****fest...

I think WIU is the clear pick for #3 in the conference. If they can go 1-1 in their 2 games stretch against NDSU and SDSU, they could have a special season and fight for the top spot in the conference.

mmiller_34
July 26th, 2017, 02:29 PM

I think WIU is the clear pick for #3 in the conference. If they can go 1-1 in their 2 games stretch against NDSU and SDSU, they could have a special season and fight for the top spot in the conference.

Agreed.

Even if they lose both against NDSU or SDSU they could still go 6-2 in the conference and find themselves in a good playoff spot. I know I'm thinking about putting them in my preseason AGS poll.

Thumper 76
July 26th, 2017, 02:35 PM

Women's basketball is SDSU's most prized sport. Don't even try to say it's not or that it's football. Should USD fans go around on blogs calling the lady jacks little sister since we have won 2 of the last 3 conference titles and a WNIT championship to SDSU's 0 in that span.

Or maybe the blogs should light up with the fact that SDSU is little brother after our men's basketball team won the conference last year. Or our women's volleyball team who won the conference last year while little sister SDSU only won a few games total. Maybe our women's cross country should be blogging off about winning the last 3 conference titles while little sister SDSU didn't.

I know it's a football thread but that sounds like staying relevant and far from being little brother and sister to me.

Man, WBB, women's CC, and Volleyball smack on an FCS thread. Plus multiple references to "the blogs". Maybe take the next few plays off there bucko.

The only thing we aren't that humble about usually is when USeD fans try to prop themselves up as on par or close to State in football, because you aren't. At all. And there's nothing unreasonable or unrealistic about that. I won't waste time posting the numbers. USeD fans just think SDSU fans are that way because the only thing they pay attention to is if it has to do directly with the team in Vermintown.

And your wbb comment being the most important is incorrect as well. It's basketball in general (as much as I don't like it).

clenz
July 26th, 2017, 02:38 PM

I think WIU is the clear pick for #3 in the conference. If they can go 1-1 in their 2 games stretch against NDSU and SDSU, they could have a special season and fight for the top spot in the conference.I......

I'm not sold on them quite yet.

Professor Chaos
July 26th, 2017, 02:43 PM

Agreed.

Even if they lose both against NDSU or SDSU they could still go 6-2 in the conference and find themselves in a good playoff spot. I know I'm thinking about putting them in my preseason AGS poll.
I'll be the WIU hater... I think they're just average this year. I think Illinois St will be after NDSU and SDSU in the conference pecking order. WIU ended last year losing 4 of 5 (and had they not completely pulled one out of their hat in Vermillion it would've been all 5) and their 3 conference wins were by a combined 5 points to 3 of the bottom 4 teams in the conference. Sure, they bring back a lot but I just wasn't that impressed with them last year once the calendar hit October.

Illinois St, on the other hand, won 4 of their last 5 in the regular season including wins against SDSU and @WIU. They lost more than WIU, especially on the O-line, but they've got an easier OOC schedule also (WIU plays 7 road games this year!).

Bisonoline
July 26th, 2017, 02:46 PM

Its been years since Ive had any of that. Damn I might have to make some.

Thumper 76
July 26th, 2017, 02:51 PM
I'll be the WIU hater... I think they're just average this year. I think Illinois St will be after NDSU and SDSU in the conference pecking order. WIU ended last year losing 4 of 5 (and had they not completely pulled one out of their hat in Vermillion it would've been all 5) and their 3 conference wins were by a combined 5 points to 3 of the bottom 4 teams in the conference. Sure, they bring back a lot but I just wasn't that impressed with them last year once the calendar hit October.

Illinois St, on the other hand, won 4 of their last 5 in the regular season including wins against SDSU and @WIU. They lost more than WIU, especially on the O-line, but they've got an easier OOC schedule also (WIU plays 7 road games this year!).

I concur sir

GodHelpTheBears
July 26th, 2017, 02:56 PM
I have to agree with the general consensus on WIU, but not because I think they're "bad"...just that 3 through 8 in this conference (behind the DSUs with MSU and ISUb fighting for 9th) is a toss-up to me, and I think of them all as being capable of making the playoffs, it just depends on in-season breaks.

Out of that group, SIU intrigues me the most. They had a bunch of tough, close losses last year.

mmiller_34
July 26th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Out of that group, SIU intrigues me the most. They had a bunch of tough, close losses last year.

I think if SIU can shore up their defense they'll be good.

GodHelpTheBears
July 26th, 2017, 03:09 PM

I can't believe Nick Hill's career in general. Three years in coaching and he got that job...and his team didn't look too bad, either. Their offense had pop. Even an average defense would be enough to get them in the postseason IMO.

(I would have mentioned his age, but from what I've heard we tried to hire Jake Spavital a couple of years ago.)

clenz
July 26th, 2017, 03:49 PM
WIU brings back the top end of their defense, but do they bring back a lot on offense?

I'm doing my preseason statistical breakdown of returners...and...I'm apparently missing something - like a few guys on the roster - because I'm not seeing it on offense.

This is what I have coming back for them - minus my formuals as I'll post my calculations when everything is done

Rushing
Att
Yds
TD

Steve McShane

Sean McGuire

Passing
Comp
Yds
TD-INT

McGuire, Sean

Recieving
Rec
Yds
TD

Isaiah LeSure

Steve McShane

Tony Harper

No, that isn't 100% of returning numbers, my calculations ignore anyone that doesn't exceed a certain "point" threshold based on team usage.

For reference, as bad as UNI was last year, their WR numbers and season long extrapolated Eli Dunne numbers are significantly better than that and UNI's offense was/is putrid. Rushing numbers UNI can't touch though based on returning usage.

Am I missing Lenore or Borselino getting another year?

BisonTru
July 26th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Lenoir is on the Dallas Cowboys roster. I am pretty sure he entered the draft (didn't get drafted) but nonetheless he should be ineligible.

DCWIU11
July 26th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Lenior and Borselino both graduated. I believe Lenoir signed with the Cowboys. From my understanding those are the two we lost on Offense, and they are obviously huge holes to fill but we have high hopes for the guys taking their slots this season.

clenz
July 26th, 2017, 04:14 PM
Lenior and Borselino both graduated. I believe Lenoir signed with the Cowboys. From my understanding those are the two we lost on Offense, and they are obviously huge holes to fill but we have high hopes for the guys taking their slots this season.
Slotting on high hopes a head of others with high hopes, who have a history of actually reloading a roster is...well...fools gold.

It might happen but to continue to hear "WIU reruns SOOOOOOO much" when the reality is the only name they return of not on offense is McGuire. McShane is quite a nice back, but a program maker he isn't.

Lenore and Borselino are MASSIVE losses. The holes McShane got? Largely because there could be any cheating from DBs into the box with those two out there. McShane is also your second leading returning WR. You second best returning WR had 14 catches last year. 1.2 per game catches and 14.4 yards per game.

Maybe those two end up being the same type of players, but they sure as hell won't command the same time of safety help over the top as Joey and Lance did.

DCWIU11
July 26th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Clenz, I agree with you. I am holding my breathe for this season a little. WIU will either have an amazing season or growing pains. I do believe with our talent coming back and the 2nd year under our new coach should do us wonders. But, I don't blame anyone for being a skeptic.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 26th, 2017, 06:02 PM

I think they might not even make it to the top half of the standings.

NDSU/SDSU are the top 2 teams then Ill State, UNI, USD and WIU are in the next group IMO.

If USD gets that defense in order, they could make a playoff run.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 26th, 2017, 06:03 PM

When was the last time SIU had a good defense?

TheKingpin28
July 26th, 2017, 06:45 PM
I had WIU in my poll and if they can rebound from last year, there is no reason to believe they won't be competitive in every game except probably NDSU and sdsu.

Oh and tater-tot hotdish is the bomb.com

BisonFan02
July 26th, 2017, 06:47 PM
I just ate a Pizza Corner pizza. VCSU wins the Valley. #bookit

ST_Lawson
July 26th, 2017, 06:54 PM
NDSU/SDSU are the top 2 teams then Ill State, UNI, USD and WIU are in the next group IMO.

Agreed...we could be 3rd or 7th and neither would surprise me. For me though, it's all on the DBs. They give up yards through the air like last year and we're in the bottom of the conference. I'm not actually that worried about offense. We won't average as many yards per play in the passing game, but I think the run game will make up for it.

Thundar
July 26th, 2017, 07:00 PM
I think they might not even make it to the top half of the standings.

If USD gets that defense in order, they could make a playoff run.

Until SDSU can with the meaningful game ill disagree. Yes they beat us in the regular season but NDSU totally bitch slapped them in the playoffs when the season was on the line

TheKingpin28
July 26th, 2017, 07:07 PM
I just ate a Pizza Corner pizza. VCSU wins the Valley. #bookit

If it is not from the actually restaurant, then it does not count and it becomes a #notapizza

#PizzaGate2017PartDeux

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 26th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Until SDSU can with the meaningful game ill disagree. Yes they beat us in the regular season but NDSU totally bitch slapped them in the playoffs when the season was on the line

SDSU has had the bad luck of being funneled thru Fargo for the playoffs. They have won meaniful games. Went to Montana State in a blizzard and won, beat Villanova last year. Probably would have made the NC game in 14 if they didn't have to go to Fargo.

It could be the Jacks "year" but more than likely SDSU/NDSU will play twice this year with that potential 2nd game being a semifinal or championship game.

You could easily say that one team could go 11-0 and the other 10-1, with both schedules not having a FBS game. Maybe both drop a game or two that they shouldn't. It should be a awesome season!

mmiller_34
July 26th, 2017, 08:17 PM
When was the last time SIU had a good defense?

Good Question. Off the top of my head I would guess 2009 or '10.

SDSU has had the bad luck of being funneled thru Fargo for the playoffs. They have won meaniful games. Went to Montana State in a blizzard and won, beat Villanova last year. Probably would have made the NC game in 14 if they didn't have to go to Fargo.

https://media.giphy.com/media/KUOPgSNoKVcuQ/giphy.gif

The USeD fans are probably lurking. That knowledge will disrupt their reality.

Redbird 4th & short
July 26th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Slotting on high hopes a head of others with high hopes, who have a history of actually reloading a roster is...well...fools gold.

It might happen but to continue to hear "WIU reruns SOOOOOOO much" when the reality is the only name they return of not on offense is McGuire. McShane is quite a nice back, but a program maker he isn't.

Lenore and Borselino are MASSIVE losses. The holes McShane got? Largely because there could be any cheating from DBs into the box with those two out there. McShane is also your second leading returning WR. You second best returning WR had 14 catches last year. 1.2 per game catches and 14.4 yards per game.

Maybe those two end up being the same type of players, but they sure as hell won't command the same time of safety help over the top as Joey and Lance did.

I picked WIU 4th behind SDSU, NDSU, and my ISU. I picked them 4th because they return the most starters combining both sides of ball .. basically lost just 3 on offense and 1 on defense. Offensively, they did lose top 2 WRs, but only Lenoir is notable. Their head coach is OC by trade and tend to think McGuire will have better year after full offseason with new head coach. Their OL returns a lot as well, so they figrue to improve. They gave up 2nd least sacks in MVFC last season. Their run defense was very solid, but pass defense ws bad .. so replacing Lenior and shoring up pass defense is not insurmountable. They finished 6-5 against 7t toughest SOS .. 2nd year under rhead coach .. I think arrow is pointing up from last year.

Bisonator
July 27th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Is Dunne going to be UNI's starting QB or is Farley going to juggle 3-4 guys there?xcoffeex

BTW congrats on filling out your coaching staff right before camp! xdrunkyx

UNIFanSince1983
July 27th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Is Dunne going to be UNI's starting QB or is Farley going to juggle 3-4 guys there?xcoffeex

I am quite out of the loop, but I mean we are once again juggling two offensive coordinators so I assume multiple QBs is a given.

Bisonoline
July 27th, 2017, 01:40 PM
I am quite out of the loop, but I mean we are once again juggling two offensive coordinators so I assume multiple QBs is a given.

Why does he keep doing that? But it makes no difference because it seems Farley keeps over riding them anyway.

Redbird 4th & short
July 27th, 2017, 02:01 PM
I picked WIU 4th behind SDSU, NDSU, and my ISU. I picked them 4th because they return the most starters combining both sides of ball .. basically lost just 3 on offense and 1 on defense. Offensively, they did lose top 2 WRs, but only Lenoir is notable. Their head coach is OC by trade and tend to think McGuire will have better year after full offseason with new head coach. Their OL returns a lot as well, so they figrue to improve. They gave up 2nd least sacks in MVFC last season. Their run defense was very solid, but pass defense ws bad .. so replacing Lenior and shoring up pass defense is not insurmountable. They finished 6-5 against 7t toughest SOS .. 2nd year under rhead coach .. I think arrow is pointing up from last year.

ok .. going to walk this back a bit .. I had already looked at WIU schedule, roster losses, and stats .. and felt like they can go 7-4 worthy of 4th place in MVFC and playoff bid. Except that i hadn't noticed until today that they have just 4 home games and 7 road ... meaning all 3 non-conf are on road: TN Tech (win), NAU (likely win), and CCU (possible loss). So while 4th place in MVFC is still doable in my opinion, suddenly not feeling as sure about them going 2-1 or 3-0 in non-conf .. so hedging simply based on 7 road games.

sorry lawson .. i now have you penciled in for 4th place. So wtf is up with 3 road non-conf games ??????

neverobeyed
July 27th, 2017, 02:02 PM

Or perhaps always punting on first down and allow the defense and special teams to take over. That would eliminate that pesky quarterback dilemna for Farley. And Sam's punting stats would be huge.

"Gentlemen ... this, is a football."

ST_Lawson
July 27th, 2017, 10:11 PM
sorry lawson .. i now have you penciled in for 4th place. So wtf is up with 3 road non-conf games ??????

Long story, scheduling shenanigans.

Short version is, we were supposed to have a return game with Coastal Carolina at our place this year. They went FBS, we had to scramble, worked out an all-DI schedule, but they're all away. At one point it looked like we'd end up playing an NAIA (a good one, but still, not DI) and no FBS, but thankfully got that worked out.

Also, I'm perfectly ok with 4th place (considering our lingering question marks and odd schedule). In our conference, barring some craziness, you're still in the playoffs at that point.

Redbird 4th & short
July 28th, 2017, 08:53 AM
xdrunkyxbut the 4th place is now in pencil instead of pen

Mayville Bison
July 28th, 2017, 09:36 AM
See, here is the problem. Myself, Cappin, or Thump have never said in this thread that Brookings, or SDSU is the pinnacle of anything. What we have done is this:

1. Respond to a claim that SDSU underachieves (proven false by Cappin's past MVFC Preseason/Postseason polls)
2. Responded to a claim that SDSU has been "one-and-done" type team in the playoffs (proven false by my factual record of SDSU's past 5 years in the playoffs.
3. Provided evidence of SDSU's football program growth (my demonstrating that our attendance has grown nearly 300%)
4. Handed you smack just as it was being dished to SDSU from you.

While your ability to beat up little bro is top notch (and accurate), you do need to work on your math skills a little

mmiller_34
July 28th, 2017, 12:41 PM
While your ability to beat up little bro is top notch (and accurate), you do need to work on your math skills a little

Haha you're probably right.. Thanks for pointing that out. I shouldn't be have gone with percents. Our attendance has gone roughly from 5,000 to 15,0000 in just over a decade. I'll leave the mathletes to figure out what percent increase that is.

...Although, google tells me my math is correct:

.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25577&stc=1

Mayville Bison
July 28th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Haha you're probably right.. Thanks for pointing that out. I shouldn't be have gone with percents. Our attendance has gone roughly from 5,000 to 15,0000 in just over a decade. I'll leave the mathletes to figure out what percent increase that is.

...Although, google tells me my math is correct:

.http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25577&stc=1

Good thing Google doesn't give out diplomas then huh? Going by your numbers, (15019-6972)/6972=115% increase. Still something to be damn proud of. I don't know what NDSU's attendance would be without the roof over the field.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 28th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Good thing Google doesn't give out diplomas then huh? Going by your numbers, (15019-6972)/6972=115% increase. Still something to be damn proud of. I don't know what NDSU's attendance would be without the roof over the field.

I've been told by TMer higher ups that if NDSU had a bigger venue that the attendance would/could be in the 27-30K range. Season ticket requests alone would take the number of season ticket holders up to the high teens to 20K mark.

I personally know many people that have given up on season tickets because not many people give them up.

ST_Lawson
July 28th, 2017, 03:54 PM
I've been told by TMer higher ups that if NDSU had a bigger venue that the attendance would/could be in the 27-30K range. Season ticket requests alone would take the number of season ticket holders up to the high teens to 20K mark.

I personally know many people that have given up on season tickets because not many people give them up.

Oh to have those kinda problems....

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 28th, 2017, 04:09 PM
Oh to have those kinda problems....

I had a good time at Macomb last year. Tailgate was fun and I enjoyed walking around the campus. I went to EIU for grad school, so it was fun to compare WIU to what I had at EIU.

Macomb was nothing exciting but I am from a small town and live in one now so it wasn't shocking to me. It must be kind of a hard sell for the coaching staff to get some kids to come to WIU. Driving there was interesting to say the least. I left town early Sunday morning after the game when it was still dark and ended up making a wrong turn and drove threw many corn acres to find my way out....xlolx Actually I enjoyed it because I drive "rural" roads all the time.

ST_Lawson
July 28th, 2017, 04:16 PM
I had a good time at Macomb last year. Tailgate was fun and I enjoyed walking around the campus. I went to EIU for grad school, so it was fun to compare WIU to what I had at EIU.

Macomb was nothing exciting but I am from a small town and live in one now so it wasn't shocking to me. It must be kind of a hard sell for the coaching staff to get some kids to come to WIU. Driving there was interesting to say the least. I left town early Sunday morning after the game when it was still dark and ended up making a wrong turn and drove threw many corn acres to find my way out....xlolx Actually I enjoyed it because I drive "rural" roads all the time.

Yea, I love it here, but I'm used to it. Most people aren't, and it's probably a bit of a shock to some of the recruits when they come here. There is stuff to do, but compared to a city...not much. That's actually a big reason why the Rams liked having summer training camp here back in the late '90s/early '00s. If the coaches wanted to know where the players were, they were either in their dorm rooms or hanging out downtown...not a lot of other places they could be, and not a lot of trouble they could get into either.

CappinHard
July 28th, 2017, 04:18 PM

It's a common play on words that gets misused. 15000 is 300% of 5000. 15000 is a 200% increase from 5000.

Would that be true without a roof over the stadium though? I would think that attendance numbers would be steady at best or decrease if it was outdoors. I would also think that if SDSU had an indoor stadium, our attendance numbers would increase.

clenz
July 28th, 2017, 04:21 PM
I've spent the last week updated my returning player analytics and forumlas. A long post short I've taken every returning play* and input a specifically formula for rushing, passing, receiving, and defense to come up with a ranking system based on returning players.

*Key is a bit loose and left up to me to determine if the stats, games played, etc... is someone who contributed enough to need to be added. When I got to the bottom of every position for every team I struggled to find the cut off. You may disagree with leaving someone off. Sorry. I don't know the PT of all your players. This was based entirely on the formula and setting a floor needed to keep every team from having guys with like 15 carries, 12 catches and 14 tackles from being included unless there were a bunch of other stats like sacks/tfl/int/pbu or TDs to go with those small numbers.

Last year I used ALL returning stats, and it was silly in hindsight. This year you'll see your team and go "THIS GUY IS RETURNING WHY ISN'T HE LISTED?!?!?!?! WHY ARE YOU HATING US?!" The reason is I'm not taking into account the intangibles a player may have. This is built completely around stats. Because of that I had to cut off rather than taking everyone who had a stat last year, as that skewed the weighting. If you don't see a player listed you think should be give me a solid argument why and I'll considering adding him to a formula.

A basic understanding of the formulas used

1. Team Ranking - simply adding up the points from all 4 positions
2. Rushing - takes into account returning attempts, yards and touchdowns.
3. Passing - takes into account returning completions, yards and Touchdowns-INT
4. Receiving - takes into account returning receptions, yards and touchdowns
5. Defense - takes into account returning takcles, sacks+tfl and int+pbu

This is a "predictor" simply in that it ranks based on returning numbers. It's not projecting this years numbers.
It's not weighted to make UNI look better. Every player in their respective group is measured by the same formula. I didn't even look at how the formula impacted UNI players compared to other teams
There are plenty of flaws with how I did my formulas. There isn't one you can point out I didn't wrestle with for at least 20 minutes in doing my formulas and how to weight them. The basics of how I came up to the formula is that once I had all the players data imported, I "averaged" all players per season and then per game. I think took those numbers and played with multipliers until I got a group of numbers that created, what I deemed to be, a decent separation between all players and didn't have silly looking numbers.

Without further delay...MVFC standings based entirely on key* returning players

NDSU

SDSU

ISUR

YSU

USD

MSU

WIU

SIU

UNI

ISUB

clenz
July 28th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Returning QBs ranked

Taryn Christion
SDSU

Jake Kolbe
ISUR

McGuire, Sean
WIU

Isaac Harker
ISUB

Easton Stick
NDSU

Chris Strevler
USD

Hunter Wells
YSU

Straub, Sam
MSU

Eli Dunne
UNI

NO QUALIFIER
MSU

clenz
July 28th, 2017, 04:25 PM
And my sheet crashed and I'm done at work today. I'll post the rest of the positions later tonight/tomorrow.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 28th, 2017, 04:32 PM
It's a common play on words that gets misused. 15000 is 300% of 5000. 15000 is a 200% increase from 5000.

Would that be true without a roof over the stadium though? I would think that attendance numbers would be steady at best or decrease if it was outdoors. I would also think that if SDSU had an indoor stadium, our attendance numbers would increase.

I would say it would have to be another venue with a roof. Attendance would be up even with an outdoor venue but probably not as much compared to something with a roof.

I guess there are something like 1500-1800 individual requests for season tickets that are turned down every year. Those requests are for anywhere between 6-8K seats. 8K more season tickets and the corresponding TM dues is a lot of money being left on the table. My 4 season tickets on the 30 yard line 3 rows up is north of 4K. Do the math! Now not all of them would be in that range but still, it is a lot of money being lost because the FD is too small.

NDSU would pass Montana's attendance numbers if we had a bigger venue.

Redbird 4th & short
July 28th, 2017, 04:35 PM
I've spent the last week updated my returning player analytics and forumlas. A long post short I've taken every returning play* and input a specifically formula for rushing, passing, receiving, and defense to come up with a ranking system based on returning players.

*Key is a bit loose and left up to me to determine if the stats, games played, etc... is someone who contributed enough to need to be added. When I got to the bottom of every position for every team I struggled to find the cut off. You may disagree with leaving someone off. Sorry. I don't know the PT of all your players. This was based entirely on the formula and setting a floor needed to keep every team from having guys with like 15 carries, 12 catches and 14 tackles from being included unless there were a bunch of other stats like sacks/tfl/int/pbu or TDs to go with those small numbers.

Last year I used ALL returning stats, and it was silly in hindsight. This year you'll see your team and go "THIS GUY IS RETURNING WHY ISN'T HE LISTED?!?!?!?! WHY ARE YOU HATING US?!" The reason is I'm not taking into account the intangibles a player may have. This is built completely around stats. Because of that I had to cut off rather than taking everyone who had a stat last year, as that skewed the weighting. If you don't see a player listed you think should be give me a solid argument why and I'll considering adding him to a formula.

A basic understanding of the formulas used

1. Team Ranking - simply adding up the points from all 4 positions
2. Rushing - takes into account returning attempts, yards and touchdowns.
3. Passing - takes into account returning completions, yards and Touchdowns-INT
4. Receiving - takes into account returning receptions, yards and touchdowns
5. Defense - takes into account returning takcles, sacks+tfl and int+pbu

This is a "predictor" simply in that it ranks based on returning numbers. It's not projecting this years numbers.
It's not weighted to make UNI look better. Every player in their respective group is measured by the same formula. I didn't even look at how the formula impacted UNI players compared to other teams
There are plenty of flaws with how I did my formulas. There isn't one you can point out I didn't wrestle with for at least 20 minutes in doing my formulas and how to weight them. The basics of how I came up to the formula is that once I had all the players data imported, I "averaged" all players per season and then per game. I think took those numbers and played with multipliers until I got a group of numbers that created, what I deemed to be, a decent separation between all players and didn't have silly looking numbers.

Without further delay...MVFC standings based entirely on key* returning players

NDSU

SDSU

ISUR

YSU

USD

MSU

WIU

SIU

UNI

ISUB

clenz .. good stuff. does it give equal weight to all 4 categories ? or do you give more weight to defensive stats since there is only the 1 defensive metric being added to 3 offensive metrics.

GodHelpTheBears
July 28th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Returning QBs ranked

Taryn Christion
SDSU

Jake Kolbe
ISUR

McGuire, Sean
WIU

Isaac Harker
ISUB

Easton Stick
NDSU

Chris Strevler
USD

Hunter Wells
YSU

Straub, Sam
MSU

Eli Dunne
UNI

NO QUALIFIER
MSU

The "no qualifier" thing is one of the main reasons why I think we will have a worse record this year. With bad QB play we could easily end up 1-10.

clenz
July 28th, 2017, 05:01 PM
clenz .. good stuff. does it give equal weight to all 4 categories ? or do you give more weight to defensive stats since there is only the 1 defensive metric being added to 3 offensive metrics.

Passing, rushing, receiving an defense are all set with custom formulas to best represent that category.

Within each position each stat category is weighted to best represent that specific stat

Each category is completely independent of the others.

Of course there are flaws to the system. It's not perfect. It's just a fun look at what each team returns compared to others when everything is weighted equally across the board.

CappinHard
July 29th, 2017, 12:31 AM
I would say it would have to be another venue with a roof. Attendance would be up even with an outdoor venue but probably not as much compared to something with a roof.

I guess there are something like 1500-1800 individual requests for season tickets that are turned down every year. Those requests are for anywhere between 6-8K seats. 8K more season tickets and the corresponding TM dues is a lot of money being left on the table. My 4 season tickets on the 30 yard line 3 rows up is north of 4K. Do the math! Now not all of them would be in that range but still, it is a lot of money being lost because the FD is too small.

NDSU would pass Montana's attendance numbers if we had a bigger venue.

I don't doubt you're leaving a lot on the table, but there are 2 things...

1. When you have a stadium smaller than the desire, it's better than having a stadium too big where people know they don't have to have season tickets to get a seat. It's a fine balance.

2. Again, do you think NDSU would pass Montana's attendance record without a roof? I don't think so, but that's just my opinion. Winter in Montana is different than the Northern Dakota Plains.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 29th, 2017, 01:26 PM
#1: There is a balance. But with that many season ticket requests for that number of seats, a larger venue is needed.

#2: W/O a roof? Probably would get close to Griz numbers. Attendance might tail off during the cold winters with games in Nov/Dec.

IMO, with what I have been told by department and TMer staff, that a 25K seat stadium would be full right now just with the season ticket orders not filled. I would like a 35-40K seat venue built with future growth in attendance figured in....why I put the 35-40K number out there.

Bisonoline
July 29th, 2017, 01:50 PM
#1: There is a balance. But with that many season ticket requests for that number of seats, a larger venue is needed.

#2: W/O a roof? Probably would get close to Griz numbers. Attendance might tail off during the cold winters with games in Nov/Dec.

IMO, with what I have been told by department and TMer staff, that a 25K seat stadium would be full right now just with the season ticket orders not filled. I would like a 35-40K seat venue built with future growth in attendance figured in....why I put the 35-40K number out there.

How many are going to sit in zero degree weather with the wind blowing 20-30 mph? Not me. Plus there will be no atmosphere. I just cant see a open air stadium in Fargo.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 29th, 2017, 02:21 PM
How many are going to sit in zero degree weather with the wind blowing 20-30 mph? Not me. Plus there will be no atmosphere. I just cant see a open air stadium in Fargo.

I agree PL. I want a dome or some type of roof over a new venue.

To bad Lindgren downsized the dome from 27K. That would be a great size for right now.

TheKingpin28
July 29th, 2017, 02:28 PM
I do not know about 35-40 but a 30-35 would be easy to get behind. Problem is, where are they going to put it? The airport will deny anything so it would have to be somewhere else in Fargo, or they would have to go with the eminent domain route and try and secure the land near campus.

This is how I would break it out for a new stadium

East Home Side Lower Deck (North to South):
-Goalline to 30 (Teammakers)
-30 to 30 (Club Seats)
-30 to 15 (Parents Seats)
-15 to Goalline (Teammakers)

East Home Side Upper Deck (North to South):
-Goalline to 15 (GA)
-15 to 30 (Teammakers)
-Lower Half of 30 to 30 (Club Seats)
-Upper Half of 30 to 30 (Lodge Seats) [See Xcel Energy Center for reference]
-Upper Half of 30 to Goalline (Gate City Party Deck) [There are enough high end donors to make this a reality. Could handle 200 people]
-Lower Half of 30 to 15 (Teammakers)
-Lower Half of 15 to Goalline (GA)

West Visitor Side Lower Deck (North to South):
-30 to 30 (Club Seats)
-30 to 10 (Student Section)
-10 to Goalline (Visitor Section) [Yeah let them deal with the students and that could be a riot]

West Visitor Side Upper Deck (North to South):
-Goalline to 30 (GA)
-Lower Third of 30 to 30 (Club Seats)
-Middle Third of 30 to 30 (Lodge Seats) [See Xcel Energy Center for reference]
-Upper Third of 30 to 30 (Press Box and Coaches Box)
-10 to Goalline (GA)

North Endzone:
-Lower Half (Teammakers)
-Upper Half (GA) [If 2nd deck is built, this would then become all Teammakers]

South Endzone:
-West Half (Student Section)
-East Half (Family Section) [No Alcohol, yeah they are going to have drinks in this stadium, but this could be a huge draw.]

Potential Upper Endzone Decks:
-North Endzone (GA)
-South Endzone (2nd Party Deck if the 1st is a success and demand is there for a 2nd one, otherwise, another Press Box/GA below that)

Box Seats:
-Each one would wrap around to create a "full bowl" (kind of like Scheels Arena) and could seat anywhere from 8 to 16 people with full service except in the South Endzone which would be where the Club Lounge would be.

Building a stadium like this will not only attract recruits who would consider solid G5 schools, but it will give even more national exposure and other football events (maybe site to host a bowl even if NDSU is FCS) will want to go there due to the ammenities that this would offer. For the "Club Seats" there would be a club above the South Endzone that would be open to all Club Seats that would have complimentary drinks and hors d'oeuvres before and after the game as well as for purchase food and drinks during the game that would have a restaurant in it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 29th, 2017, 02:34 PM
I do not know about 35-40 but a 30-35 would be easy to get behind. Problem is, where are they going to put it? The airport will deny anything so it would have to be somewhere else in Fargo, or they would have to go with the eminent domain route and try and secure the land near campus.

This is how I would break it out for a new stadium

East Home Side Lower Deck (North to South):
-30 to 30 (Club Seats)
-30 to 15 (Parents Seats)
-15 to Goalline (Teammakers)

East Home Side Upper Deck (North to South):
-Goalline to 15 (GA)
-15 to 30 (Teammakers)
-Lower Half of 30 to 30 (Club Seats)
-Upper Half of 30 to 30 (Lodge Seats) [See Xcel Energy Center for reference]
-Upper Half of 30 to Goalline (Gate City Party Deck) [There are enough high end donors to make this a reality. Could handle 200 people]
-Lower Half of 30 to 15 (Teammakers)
-Lower Half of 15 to Goalline (GA)

West Visitor Side Lower Deck (North to South):
-30 to 30 (Club Seats)
-10 to Goalline (Visitor Section) [Yeah let them deal with the students and that could be a riot]

West Visitor Side Upper Deck (North to South):
-Goalline to 30 (GA)
-Lower Third of 30 to 30 (Club Seats)
-Middle Third of 30 to 30 (Lodge Seats) [See Xcel Energy Center for reference]
-Upper Third of 30 to 30 (Press Box and Coaches Box)
-10 to Goalline (GA)

North Endzone:
-Lower Half (Teammakers)
-Upper Half (GA) [If 2nd deck is built, this would then become all Teammakers]

South Endzone:
-West Half (Student Section)
-East Half (Family Section) [No Alcohol, yeah they are going to have drinks in this stadium, but this could be a huge draw.]

Potential Upper Endzone Decks:
-North Endzone (GA)
-South Endzone (2nd Party Deck if the 1st is a success and demand is there for a 2nd one, otherwise, another Press Box/GA below that)

Box Seats:
-Each one would wrap around to create a "full bowl" (kind of like Scheels Arena) and could seat anywhere from 8 to 16 people with full service except in the South Endzone which would be where the Club Lounge would be.

Building a stadium like this will not only attract recruits who would consider solid G5 schools, but it will give even more national exposure and other football events (maybe site to host a bowl even if NDSU is FCS) will want to go there due to the ammenities that this would offer. For the "Club Seats" there would be a club above the South Endzone that would be open to all Club Seats that would have complimentary drinks and hors d'oeuvres before and after the game as well as for purchase food and drinks during the game that would have a restaurant in it.

Not bad Kingpin.

I think TMers should start some kind of fund raiser to raise money for a new venue. Never to early to start. I think if they really pounded the pavement they would be surprised how many 10K and 100K donors are out there and would get behind this.

TheKingpin28
July 29th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Not bad Kingpin.

I think TMers should start some kind of fund raiser to raise money for a new venue. Never to early to start. I think if they really pounded the pavement they would be surprised how many 10K and 100K donors are out there and would get behind this.

Do what Vegas Golden Knights did, and do a drive. I know Burgum, now that he is Governor, would have no problem allocating funds away from GFCC to NDSU since he knows how much it is growing and how beneficial it could be. The legislature would hate to give money to Fargo as it would go away from the committees at GFCC, but when the dollars are just sitting there and waiting to be used, they could do it. It would cost around 200-250 million to build, but they could do a tax on tobacco and liquor in Cass County, and move forward with that.

15% from taxes on those commodities, 20% from Teammakers (that is where the liquor amendment would have to be in order for them to jump on it), 50% from the State of North Dakota, 10% from Alumni Association and Random Donors, and 5% from the Students (which would be about $715 over 4 years).

There is no reason to not have TM at least put feelers out and say, if we said we needed 40 million to build a stadium that would feature X, Y, and Z while maintaining an indoor stadium, access to alcohol, access to a club lounge (can be purchased per season if not sitting in club seats) and more Q&A/meet-and-greets with Bison coaches, staff, and administration, would that be something that you are interested in? They could do it as a survey and incorporate "Donation boxes" where you check a box on what you would be willing to commit to this, and for different levels, one would get different "rewards" through crowd funding.

Options could be, depending on donation level:
-Signed Team Football
-Signed Team Jersey
-Private Dinners with Coaches and Administration
-A brick for a patio with donors names/families outside the stadium that is seen
-Field Passes for 1 game
-Free Access to other sporting events
-Team road trip to either UNI or SDSU game
-Etc...

GodHelpTheBears
July 29th, 2017, 07:04 PM
http://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/college/msu/2017/07/29/missouri-state-looks-earn-football-respect-2017/517540001/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

Our local rag smearing lipstick on Missouri State's latest pig. A 5-17 record with one home win over a D-I team earns our coach a contract extension because of the "culture" he has created within the team.

In other words, as it has been since I was a child, if you're a man working at the upper levels of the Missouri State athletic department, you don't have to accomplish a goddamn thing to have job security. Job interviews are more like country club interviews. Once you're in, you're part of the GOB and the leadership will have your back.

Functioning institutions reward success. We reward "culture".

BigGoosie13
July 29th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Can we take a moment to appreciate Casey's triangle cream filled donuts, those things are bliss. The glazed blueberry donuts are also heavenly.

Also happy football season to all of you losers, and some winners.

Anyways...
https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/890579921273102337

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/890927925083611137

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/890969874461147136

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/891347011181568000

BisonFan02
July 30th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Almost time........

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20476275_10155219501303889_4141124486581135708_n.j pg?oh=befcc4b7b3f25be61a6879ef9ee8f624&oe=59EE7EC7

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 08:31 PM
Almost time........

https://scontent-ort2-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20476275_10155219501303889_4141124486581135708_n.j pg?oh=befcc4b7b3f25be61a6879ef9ee8f624&oe=59EE7EC7

Damn that's a lot of gay pride parade tickets.

BisonFan02
July 30th, 2017, 08:37 PM
Damn that's a lot of gay pride parade tickets.

Flannel Fridays and Bunnies.....got it. xlolx xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Almost time........

Now that is a beautiful sight to see

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Flannel Fridays and Bunnies.....got it. xlolx xthumbsupx

Brookings may not have a Target but we sure as hell have a Farm and Fleet. So we can hippity hop our asses over there for some MAN ****, LIKE FLANNEL, CHAINSAWS, AND CATTLE TROUGHS*.

*Due to the fact that NDSU is visiting this year, expect stock to be low due to the university having to purchase many of them to keep the visiting cheerleaders happy and well fed. The last stampede due to anger over inadequate food options was disastrous.

Bisonoline
July 30th, 2017, 09:34 PM
Brookings may not have a Target but we sure as hell have a Farm and Fleet. So we can hippity hop our asses over there for some MAN ****, LIKE FLANNEL, CHAINSAWS, AND CATTLE TROUGHS*.

*Due to the fact that NDSU is visiting this year, expect stock to be low due to the university having to purchase many of them to keep the visiting cheerleaders happy and well fed. The last stampede due to anger over inadequate food options was disastrous.

Pick up some pissers as well.

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2017, 09:53 PM
Pick up some pissers as well.

But......why?

BisonFan02
July 30th, 2017, 10:12 PM
But......why?

No clue. I'm just going to relieve myself wherever I want.

Bisonoline
July 30th, 2017, 10:14 PM

Most of the toilets were over flowing so more pissers would be appropriate.

BisonFan02
July 30th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Most of the toilets were over flowing so more pissers would be appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trnt9Q4A414

POD Knows
July 31st, 2017, 06:59 AM
No clue. I'm just going to relieve myself wherever I want.Yep, had to pee on a building a few years back, it is the only time I have had to do that at a tailgate.

IBleedYellow
July 31st, 2017, 10:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL8VOSei78M

NDSU locker room remodeled.

CappinHard
July 31st, 2017, 12:11 PM
NDSU locker room remodeled.

Cute. NDSU's locker room is now at a D2 program level... movin' on up...

Professor Chaos
July 31st, 2017, 01:05 PM
Does SDSU now have a visitor's locker room that isn't a double wide trailer with the new stadium?

Bisonator
July 31st, 2017, 01:34 PM
SDSU's locker room:
https://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/0BCkZQZ8ttChlaSL6aTewg/348s.jpg

cx500d
July 31st, 2017, 01:43 PM
SDSU's locker room:
https://s3-media1.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/0BCkZQZ8ttChlaSL6aTewg/348s.jpg

They have a tv? That's awesome!

Bison56
July 31st, 2017, 01:44 PM
Don't forget the trophy case at SDSU!

http://bearglassblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/76354_aac03169289b7e8385a1d03251092781.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjLz7y2lrTVAhUE5IMKHWI4A74QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbearglassblog.com%2Fcategory%2Fgl ass-blog-2%2F&psig=AFQjCNHQmRrnS73p9d6iKJxZJWzLVyau-g&ust=1501612857513648)

cx500d
July 31st, 2017, 01:45 PM
Don't forget the trophy case at SDSU!

http://bearglassblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/76354_aac03169289b7e8385a1d03251092781.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjLz7y2lrTVAhUE5IMKHWI4A74QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbearglassblog.com%2Fcategory%2Fgl ass-blog-2%2F&psig=AFQjCNHQmRrnS73p9d6iKJxZJWzLVyau-g&ust=1501612857513648)

I love that wood grain

POD Knows
July 31st, 2017, 01:47 PM
I love that wood grain

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIt is wood grain particle board, weak but cheap, they knew that didn't have to have anything that would require strength and load carrying capability.

Bison56
July 31st, 2017, 01:47 PM
They have a tv? That's awesome!

And its in color!

IBleedYellow
July 31st, 2017, 01:48 PM

Good thing the locker room is 100% a reflection of the team that takes the field. xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
July 31st, 2017, 01:49 PM
It's funny how hard you guys have to try now that we have better locker rooms and such xlolx

IBleedYellow
July 31st, 2017, 01:56 PM
It's funny how hard you guys have to try now that we have better locker rooms and such xlolx

Yet...which school is the better program?

Bisonator
July 31st, 2017, 02:32 PM

Don't forget more seats then the FargoDome little brother even though they'll be empty. xlolx

Evolution Prime
July 31st, 2017, 02:43 PM
Does SDSU now have a visitor's locker room that isn't a double wide trailer with the new stadium?

Don't complain or we'll make you guys walk from Frost Arena again.

Thumper 76
July 31st, 2017, 02:57 PM
Yet...which school is the better program?

Don't forget more seats then the FargoDome little brother even though they'll be empty. xlolx

Things change. SDSU used to have meeting rooms for the team in repurposed construction trailers under the creaking wood bleachers of CAS, and has improved its average attendance by 10,000/per game in 10 years.

Bisonator
July 31st, 2017, 03:01 PM
Lot's of bunny turds coming out of the wood work this year. High expectations can lead to colossal failures. Will be interesting to see how many stick around all year.xcoffeex

Thumper 76
July 31st, 2017, 03:13 PM
Lot's of bunny turds coming out of the wood work this year. High expectations can lead to colossal failures. Will be interesting to see how many stick around all year.xcoffeex

Most of these guys have posted here. Point out the ones who recently joined. xcoffeex

Bisonator
July 31st, 2017, 03:16 PM
Most of these guys have posted here. Point out the ones who recently joined. xcoffeex

Well it just seems they are posting more then. You've become a bad influence on them Thumper. xlolx

Thumper 76
July 31st, 2017, 03:18 PM
Well it just seems they are posting more then. You've become a bad influence on them Thumper. xlolx

Me? There isn't ONE PERSON ON EARTH who would say that about me.

Because it's just a well known fact that doesn't need to be said, it's just known xlolx

Bisonator
July 31st, 2017, 03:24 PM

Because it's just a well known fact that doesn't need to be said, it's just known xlolx

touche'

CappinHard
July 31st, 2017, 04:29 PM

Sorry... I know you're used to this thread being an NDSU suckfest. I'll roast NDSU less frequently so you aren't offended (no I won't).

Bisonator
July 31st, 2017, 05:01 PM
Sorry... I know you're used to this thread being an NDSU suckfest. I'll roast NDSU less frequently so you aren't offended (no I won't).
Until SDSU gets their ass handed to them again.:p

TheKingpin28
July 31st, 2017, 07:38 PM

You got me to do karaoke, that was a struggle as I am flatter than a pancake.

cx500d
July 31st, 2017, 07:57 PM
You got me to do karaoke, that was a struggle as I am flatter than a pancake.

What does your breast size have to do with karaoke?

BigGoosie13
July 31st, 2017, 08:09 PM
At this time next month, the Jackrabbits will probably be leading Duquesne 17-7 early in the 2nd quarter.

TheKingpin28
July 31st, 2017, 08:11 PM
What does your breast size have to do with karaoke?

Vocals bro, vocals.

Alright, when I sing, angels die.

cx500d
July 31st, 2017, 08:13 PM
Vocals bro, vocals.

Alright, when I sing, angels die.

Gott yah....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFLM1z4v1pI

TheKingpin28
July 31st, 2017, 08:16 PM
Gott yah....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFLM1z4v1pI

I am beyond horrible. Give me an electric, acoustic, and bass and I can shred and throw down, but singing, yeah no thanks.

Thumper 76
July 31st, 2017, 08:32 PM
At this time next month, the Jackrabbits will probably be leading Duquesne 17-7 early in the 2nd quarter.

We better not give up a td till the 3rd.

mmiller_34
August 1st, 2017, 07:52 AM
August is here.

https://media.giphy.com/media/aABiWU5gOZMUU/giphy.gif

ST_Lawson
August 1st, 2017, 08:30 AM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder112/500x/80077112/science-bitch-yeah-its-august-bitch.jpg

It's coming...can you feel it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg5cdZ-Fnpc

GodHelpTheBears
August 1st, 2017, 05:47 PM
Mostly I prefer talking about my favorite team. Watching them isn't often fun.

neverobeyed
August 1st, 2017, 11:04 PM

Pretty much how I start the work day, rotating to create 360 coverage.

Co-workers know what kind of mood I am in if I clear them and arc it over another wall into the outer cubicles. Bonus if I get it far enough to hit the boss' door.

Wish I had a door.

CappinHard
August 1st, 2017, 11:47 PM

Co-workers know what kind of mood I am in if I clear them and arc it over another wall into the outer cubicles. Bonus if I get it far enough to hit the boss' door.

Wish I had a door.

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/46/46b35216e5fc5bc36b9b718384ee8f0b80311fc74feda5fb1b 850a1b977bbf49.jpg

cx500d
August 2nd, 2017, 06:30 AM

Wish I had a door.

Seeing that you are a uni grad you'll probably never graduate to the row of offices with doors.

clenz
August 2nd, 2017, 06:44 AM
Seeing that you are a uni grad you'll probably never graduate to the row of offices with doors.

You might want to look at who started Goose Island, runs Hy Vee and our beloved Casey's....fwiw

cx500d
August 2nd, 2017, 06:58 AM
You might want to look at who started Goose Island, runs Hy Vee and our beloved Casey's....fwiw

Never heard of them

clenz
August 2nd, 2017, 07:43 AM
John Hall - founder/CEO of Goose Island Brewing - UNI Class of 1964
Hy Vee's board of directors, marketing department, etc... is filled with UNI alums
Casey's BoD, marketing, etc... also filled with UNI alums

UNI might be a "directional teaching school" but it's one of the best business schools there is, and the number of people in president, vice president, cfo, ceo, etc.... positions with UNI on the their diploma is amazingly high given UNI's size.

US News and Princeton Review both rank UNI as one of the best business schools and MBA programs in the nation every single year. Not bad considering UNI doesn't have the cash laying around to line the pocket of those doing the reviews like the larger AAU schools do

cx500d
August 2nd, 2017, 07:48 AM
John Hall - founder/CEO of Goose Island Brewing - UNI Class of 1964
Hy Vee's board of directors, marketing department, etc... is filled with UNI alums
Casey's BoD, marketing, etc... also filled with UNI alums

UNI might be a "directional teaching school" but it's one of the best business schools there is, and the number of people in president, vice president, cfo, ceo, etc.... positions with UNI on the their diploma is amazingly high given UNI's size.

I know, was just trolling while killing time at the airport.

POD Knows
August 2nd, 2017, 09:09 AM
I know, was just trolling while killing time at the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYou going to be flying at 75,000 feet so you can do groundbreaking research on the recession of global ice?

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 2nd, 2017, 05:54 PM
Got my Ill State/NDSU tickets, no problem.

Called the SDSU ticket office to get tickets. Asked to get NDSU game tickets and the gal asked if I had purchased tickets last year. I said no because the game was in Fargo. She told me they give priority to people that bought tickets last year. I asked if other games are available and she said yes. She said the Bison game tickets go on sale Sept 18th. Aug 1st for all games except the NDSU game. Interesting.....

How many empty seats might there be?

Bisonoline
August 2nd, 2017, 05:57 PM

Called the SDSU ticket office to get tickets. Asked to get NDSU game tickets and the gal asked if I had purchased tickets last year. I said no because the game was in Fargo. She told me they give priority to people that bought tickets last year. I asked if other games are available and she said yes. She said the Bison game tickets go on sale Sept 18th. Aug 1st for all games except the NDSU game. Interesting.....

They are waiting as long as they can before they sell them to NDSU fans. They have done that for the last 2-3 games there. USD as well.

Redbird 4th & short
August 2nd, 2017, 05:59 PM
They are waiting as long as they can before they sell them to NDSU fans. They have done that for the last 2-3 games there. USD as well.

Now there's an idea for out ticket office .. thanks !!! xdrunkyx

p.s. gotta run back to my redbird forum

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 2nd, 2017, 06:05 PM

Is there a push down in Brookings to get their season ticket holders to buy tickets so there are less for Bison fans?

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 2nd, 2017, 06:07 PM
Now there's an idea for our ticket office .. thanks guys !!! xdrunkyx

p.s. gotta run back to my redbird forum

The guy that helped me at the ticket office said there will be plenty of tickets for Bison fans, especially since the game is Nov 11th.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of green/yellow.

Thumper 76
August 2nd, 2017, 06:11 PM
Is there a push down in Brookings to get their season ticket holders to buy tickets so there are less for Bison fans?

Short version is yes. To lump this in with what USeD has pulled is a bit of a stretch but I get it. They basically are giving SDSU season ticket holders the opportunity first and if you didn't buy extra tickets last year as a season ticket holder they aren't allowing sale until the 9/18 date. In the end if there is such little demand as NDSU fans claim then they should have zero problems getting tickets. I'm sure there will be some tickets now that they reopened it and what I'm hearing now, but don't expect thousands of available seats. As of now I've heard there's two sections with seats available.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 2nd, 2017, 06:22 PM
Short version is yes. To lump this in with what USeD has pulled is a bit of a stretch but I get it. They basically are giving SDSU season ticket holders the opportunity first and if you didn't buy extra tickets last year as a season ticket holder they aren't allowing sale until the 9/18 date. In the end if there is such little demand as NDSU fans claim then they should have zero problems getting tickets. I'm sure there will be some tickets now that they reopened it and what I'm hearing now, but don't expect thousands of available seats. As of now I've heard there's two sections with seats available.

Might bite them in the ass if people don't use them esp the time of year. But I guess it doesn't matter if the ticket is sold.

Where has a Bison fan claimed there will be low demand?

They are just trying to keep as many Bison fans out as possible. Which is their preagotive.

jacksfan29
August 2nd, 2017, 06:35 PM
The guy that helped me at the ticket office said there will be plenty of tickets for Bison fans, especially since the game is Nov 11th.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of green/yellow.

I call BS on that. Reports are that there are not a lot of tickets left.

But hey, weren't we told in 2015 that the Bison were going to take over... and a couple thousand showed up?

Bisonator
August 2nd, 2017, 06:41 PM
No reason to go to Brookings when I can watch the bunny beat down on the tube. Besides it'll be deer season and I got's a muley tag coming!

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 2nd, 2017, 06:44 PM

But hey, weren't we told in 2015 that the Bison were going to take over... and a couple thousand showed up?

That post was for the Ill State game idiot. Reading comprehension difficult?

Does my date I posted help you? Nov 11th

Dumbass

GodHelpTheBears
August 2nd, 2017, 06:45 PM
After attending our last two games at Plaster against the Bison, I'm for putting up billboards in Fargo about MSU tickets. It's a bit odd to think about limiting ticket sales.

BigGoosie13
August 2nd, 2017, 06:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnKAbwYihmE

dewey
August 2nd, 2017, 10:09 PM
My buddy and I got our tickets for the NDSU SDSU game. My buddies plan was flat out brilliant.

I can not detail the plan as I don't want our plan to get back to SDSU and lose our tickets.

Dewey

Thumper 76
August 2nd, 2017, 10:52 PM
Might bite them in the ass if people don't use them esp the time of year. But I guess it doesn't matter if the ticket is sold.

Where has a Bison fan claimed there will be low demand?

They are just trying to keep as many Bison fans out as possible. Which is their preagotive.

The only way I see there being a bunch of empty sheets is if the Jacks choke on a game leading up to the Marker. Which they shouldn't, but who knows.

I've seen plenty of Bison fans who have mentioned how many will be left on 9/18. I guess we will find out.

Thumper 76
August 2nd, 2017, 10:53 PM
After attending our last two games at Plaster against the Bison, I'm for putting up billboards in Fargo about MSU tickets. It's a bit odd to think about limiting ticket sales.

It's not to limit total sales. It to limit sales to Bison fans if possible. The tickets will get sold either way, but SDSU would much rather keep the numbers of Bison fans low. Being a short two hour drive away quite a few will travel to the game if they can get tickets.

cx500d
August 2nd, 2017, 10:55 PM
My buddy and I got our tickets for the NDSU SDSU game. My buddies plan was flat out brilliant.

I can not detail the plan as I don't want our plan to get back to SDSU and lose our tickets.

Dewey

Oh, then post the scheme on BV since no jackassrabbits ever read that.

CappinHard
August 2nd, 2017, 11:32 PM

Interesting... The game will still be sold out, and with any luck, this tactic will prevent NDSU fans like you (not NDSU fans in general, I know plenty of nice and decent NDSU fans... Just the fans like you) from getting tickets. Fingers crossed.

BisonFan02
August 2nd, 2017, 11:49 PM
Interesting... The game will still be sold out, and with any luck, this tactic will prevent NDSU fans like you (not NDSU fans in general, I know plenty of nice and decent NDSU fans... Just the fans like you) from getting tickets. Fingers crossed.

A bit much there......BFinNWMN is a solid dude. Keeps me stocked in honey and could likely beat the **** out of 90% of this board. xlolx

ST_Lawson
August 3rd, 2017, 12:00 AM

You and me both. Maybe we need to work out some arrangement with our respective fanbases. We'll all travel down to Springfield to watch NDSU take on your Bears this year, next year you all make the trip up to Macomb to see the Bison play at Hanson Field...sound good?

cx500d
August 3rd, 2017, 12:02 AM
You and me both. Maybe we need to work out some arrangement with our respective fanbases. We'll all travel down to Springfield to watch NDSU take on your Bears this year, next year you all make the trip up to Macomb to see the Bison play at Hanson Field...sound good?

pooling of fans to avoid being outnumbered by the visiting team's fans is forbidden in the MVFC bylaws.

ST_Lawson
August 3rd, 2017, 12:18 AM
pooling of fans to avoid being outnumbered by the visiting team's fans is forbidden in the MVFC bylaws.

But if we know that in pooling both of our team's fans, we'd still be outnumbered by the visiting team's fans...there's no avoidance because trying to outnumber them would be futile.

How many people are going to be in the Fargodome for our game there this fall....19k? If we average what we did last year, with all of our four home games, we might hit that....total...for the whole damn season.

cx500d
August 3rd, 2017, 12:21 AM
But if we know that in pooling both of our team's fans, we'd still be outnumbered by the visiting team's fans...there's no avoidance because trying to outnumber them would be futile.

How many people are going to be in the Fargodome for our game there this fall....19k? If we average what we did last year, with all of our four home games, we might hit that....total...for the whole damn season.

Oh sure, use the "even pooled we still have less fans than the visiting team" bylaw loophole....

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 3rd, 2017, 05:39 AM

Oh no, some Jacks fan doesn't want me to get a ticket.

Keep going....

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 3rd, 2017, 05:49 AM
A bit much there......BFinNWMN is a solid dude. Keeps me stocked in honey and could likely beat the **** out of 90% of this board. xlolx

I guess I'm just a big "meanie"....lol

Redbird 4th & short
August 3rd, 2017, 07:56 AM

For our last home game against NDSU ... The new HOME side is mostly sold out, but he's right about lot of tickets being available on AWAY side. Note, we do set aside the student and band section, which is half of the away side ... but that student/band section is only filled for the 3 big games ... home opener, family day, and homecoming. This year's schedule is very unique in couple regards:
- just 5 home games
- 4 of first 6 are away games, plus a bye weak ... could kill any early season momentum for getting our fans fired up at home
- 3 of last 5 are home including much later than usual homecoming (10-21) and family day (11-4) before closing with NDSU in week 12 before thanksgiving.

But if we are winning, this home schedule will probably result in best attendance in many years .. with big event games against good teams late, which is when our fan base usually starts to slip in attendance. This could prove to be genius ... or stupid .. such is our fan base.

Same fan base that drew just under 6k for UNI home playoff in 2014, about 150 for EWU road game, then just 300 for UNH semi on road, and then 3500+ for natty in Frisco.

clenz
August 3rd, 2017, 08:06 AM
3,500 for the natty is still a pretty weak number, FWIW.

CappinHard
August 3rd, 2017, 08:14 AM
A bit much there......BFinNWMN is a solid dude.

Can't tell that from this board.

Oh no, some Jacks fan doesn't want me to get a ticket.

Keep going....

I was just basing my opinion on the way you post on here. I could care less if you get a ticket, I was more just firing back at your comments.

ST_Lawson
August 3rd, 2017, 08:17 AM
Oh sure, use the "even pooled we still have less fans than the visiting team" bylaw loophole....

Otherwise known as the "Macomb clause"...didn't you know?

Redbird 4th & short
August 3rd, 2017, 08:54 AM
3,500 for the natty is still a pretty weak number, FWIW.

yep .. but look what we were up against. Bison pretty much wrote the book on all of this and had largely bought up most of their tickets already .. and we were newbies with a very fickle fan base. Didn't Bison draw very similarly every other Natty ... eveven against SHSU both years in their home state ??

I do recall many fan forum skirmishes after our UNH semi leading up to Frisco Natty in 2014 with Bison (and others) that we would be lucky to draw 500 or a 1000 etc for Frisco. But we knew otherwise and drew 3,500+ .. our full allotment and then some.

Work in progress for Redbird Nation .. after 50 years of lethargic apathetic commitment from school and town. Slowly but surely changing minds of a very fickle fan base .. nothing like my Cub fan base.

Redbird 4th & short
August 3rd, 2017, 08:58 AM
Otherwise known as the "Macomb clause"...didn't you know?
Lawson .. your Macomb reference just reminded me of troll we had on Redbird forum. Your LB Taylor was hometown guy who decided to stay home .. goof for him and WIU. We had a troll ask why we never recruited him at all .. as if we should go after everyone.

Curious though ... he obviously turnd out great What was Taylor's story coming out of HS ... was he recruited much ? at what level were his offers ? How early did he commit to WIU ?

mmiller_34
August 3rd, 2017, 09:16 AM
yep .. but look what we were up against. Bison pretty much wrote the book on all of this and had largely bought up most of the tickets.

Bingo. This is the exact reason SDSU is doing what we're doing to try to get as many tickets into SDSU fan's hands first. Right now I believe there are less than 150 tickets left. The game will sell out.

Hats off the the Bison for their support, they fill stadiums wherever they go, especially if it is a big game. I don't expect there to be less than 1,500 Bison fans at the game, but there will be fewer Bison fans at the game than past years.

Simply put the Bison have a larger active and passionate fan base than SDSU. We have too many casual fans who don't think or plan ahead. If our ticketing dept didn't do this Bison fans would have shut alot of SDSU fans out of our own stadium simply because NDSU fans by tickets as soon as possible, whereas, a lot of SDSU fans still feel like they can show up to the stadium on game day and get a ticket. Hopefully games like these will get them to reconsider and figure out they need to plan ahead if they want to be a part of it all.

I think somewhere someone was ripping about our ticketing dept shutting out casual SDSU fans too if they didn't by tickets last year. In my opinion-good, maybe those casual fans will pull the trigger on season tickets next year to ensure a seat at the table.

I mean, honestly though, when ticketing depts (SDSU & USD) have to use this much strategy to hold on to a home-field advantage in our own stadiums. All you can really do is say hats off to the Bison faithful; they are who they are for a reason.

https://media.giphy.com/media/yCAoGdVUCW5LW/giphy.gif

RabidRabbit
August 3rd, 2017, 09:20 AM
Oh, then post the scheme on BV since no jackassrabbits ever read that.

Don't be that certain of that concept. My experience is about it the same % of active Jacks posters are Bisonville members as there are Bisonville members on the SDSUFans.com/Board.

We may not say much, but we read.

Yote 53
August 3rd, 2017, 09:21 AM

This is B.S. It's not a bit of a stretch, it's the exact same thing that USD does. USD has a standard practice of pushing back the sale date of single game ticket sales for high interest games for Howling Pack members and season ticket holders, and there is nothing wrong with that. Actually, single game ticket sales for every game is opened up a couple of weeks early for season ticket and Howling Pack members. I know that UND tickets and Dakota Day tickets are being gobbled up early by season ticket and HP members this year, I'd guess SDSU tickets as well. It only makes sense as these are the people that pay the most to support the program so they should get first dibs on available tickets. I have no problem with USD, SDSU, or any other school doing the same thing.

mmiller_34
August 3rd, 2017, 09:32 AM
This is B.S. It's not a bit of a stretch, it's the exact same thing that USD does. USD has a standard practice of pushing back the sale date of single game ticket sales for high interest games for Howling Pack members and season ticket holders, and there is nothing wrong with that. Actually, single game ticket sales for every game is opened up a couple of weeks early for season ticket and Howling Pack members. I know that UND tickets and Dakota Day tickets are being gobbled up early by season ticket and HP members this year, I'd guess SDSU tickets as well. It only makes sense as these are the people that pay the most to support the program so they should get first dibs on available tickets. I have no problem with USD, SDSU, or any other school doing the same thing.

100% agree with this. Athletic Depts need to do what they need to do to ensure that their donors & supporters get dibs on tickets first. I don't think their is anything wrong with that. If I ripped USD how ever long ago about doing this, honestly I don't remember, but I apple-o-gize if I did.

Yote 53
August 3rd, 2017, 09:44 AM
100% agree with this. Athletic Depts need to do what they need to do to ensure that their donors & supporters get dibs on tickets first. I don't think their is anything wrong with that. If I ripped USD how ever long ago about doing this, honestly I don't remember, but I apple-agize if I did.

I can't single you out because I don't recall but USD took plenty of grief from SDSU fans and especially NDSU fans for our ticket policies. The policies had to change after that fiasco at Howard Wood in Sioux Falls. That was embarrassing. Thankfully we've also moved on from the two game package ticket sale strategy, which I didn't like either. I guess you live and you learn. The problem is the USD fan base has long been accustomed to walk-up ticket sales the day of the game. In this new world, with the way the NDSU and SDSU fan bases are, that isn't going to work and our fan base will get shut out. Coyote fans are waking up to it though and are starting to plan ahead. Honestly, tailgating and making it a full day of activities has contributed to that and people are now planning ahead.

I look forward to the day when these policies have to be expanded to cover the UND and UNI games as well as Dakota Days.

Bison56
August 3rd, 2017, 09:51 AM

I'm in the 10%:D

ST_Lawson
August 3rd, 2017, 09:54 AM
Lawson .. your Macomb reference just reminded me of troll we had on Redbird forum. Your LB Taylor was hometown guy who decided to stay home .. goof for him and WIU. We had a troll ask why we never recruited him at all .. as if we should go after everyone.

Curious though ... he obviously turnd out great What was Taylor's story coming out of HS ... was he recruited much ? at what level were his offers ? How early did he commit to WIU ?

It was a pretty big deal locally because there were actually two guys in the same class that went DI...from a school that only occasionally produces even one DI-level talent. Nick Severs was the most heavily recruited of the two (offers from Cincinnati, Ball State, ISUr, MSU, Western Michigan, and WIU), whereas Brett only had the offer from Western from an article posted the summer before their senior year: http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/article/20120622/NEWS/306229932

Eventually Severs received an offer from Iowa State and signed with them on signing day. I don't remember hearing if Brett ever received offers from anyone besides Western...had some interest, but didn't get offered.
Here's a couple of articles about the pair from signing day:
http://khqa.com/sports/content/nli-day-brett-taylor-and-nick-severs
http://www.wgem.com/story/21018688/2013/02/Thursday/national-signing-day-five-area-players-sign-on-the-dotted-line

From one of the linked articles:

You would probably have a hard time selling Macomb opponents of this concept....but there was in fact less of Brett Taylor on the field for the Bombers this season. Nearly 30 pounds less, to be exact, thanks to a rigorous off-season conditioning program that helped imbue the standout linebacker with more stamina and more sideline to sideline mobility. Which I think says a lot about Brett Taylor himself. That a kid who might well have been the best linebacker in this half of the state as junior, would work so on his own craft, coming off a ridiculous 170 tackle season...

And yet pay off...it did. Brett Taylor went from superstar to darn neared Super Hero-esque production. To the tune of 40 more total tackles than he had a season ago. That's a mind numbing 210 stops in all or a rate of 19 tackles per game. To put Taylor's senior season into perspective, he had more solo stops (195) than any other area player had total tackles. And along the way he shattered every career and single season mark in school history...not to mention one unfortunate opponents ear drum from the sheer force of one of his hits. By every statistical and observable measure, Brett Taylor was nothing short of an implement of Offensive Destruction...going so as far one play, no immortalized on You Tube, to hurdle and opposing Offensive Line to make a tackle for loss.

Here's that youtube video: https://youtu.be/56TIwC1dlVs
And here's his senior highlight video: https://youtu.be/m9oPaJwBQNY

I don't really know the whole story (I don't know him personally, although I kinda know his parents), but I know that Taylor grew up with a lot of ties to Western (as many Macomb kids...myself included...do) and had been going to Western games since he was a little kid. He was born in '94, which means that about the time he was old enough to have some idea what was going on on the field, he was watching some of the best Leatherneck teams we've ever had, with defenses led by Buchanan Award Winner James Milton, Buchanan Award Winner Ed Hartwell, Lee Russel (6th in Buchanan Award voting in '02 and 5th in '03), Jason Williams (4th in Buchanan voting in '08) and Kyle Glazier (3rd in 2010)....all linebackers. So, I'd have to imagine that seeing those guys play in person had a pretty big impact on his decision about what to do after HS.

Severs ended up playing very sparingly at Iowa State, eventually deciding to retire from football, came back to Macomb, is finishing (or maybe already finished...not sure) his degree in Law Enforcement and Justice Administration, and is a Probation Patrolman with the Macomb PD. He's still a big guy, but has slimmed down a TON since his time on the field and is enjoying serving the community he grew up in: https://twitter.com/tonywesten73/status/880839842787205121

Professor Chaos
August 3rd, 2017, 10:07 AM
100% agree with this. Athletic Depts need to do what they need to do to ensure that their donors & supporters get dibs on tickets first. I don't think their is anything wrong with that. If I ripped USD how ever long ago about doing this, honestly I don't remember, but I apple-o-gize if I did.

I can't single you out because I don't recall but USD took plenty of grief from SDSU fans and especially NDSU fans for our ticket policies. The policies had to change after that fiasco at Howard Wood in Sioux Falls. That was embarrassing. Thankfully we've also moved on from the two game package ticket sale strategy, which I didn't like either. I guess you live and you learn. The problem is the USD fan base has long been accustomed to walk-up ticket sales the day of the game. In this new world, with the way the NDSU and SDSU fan bases are, that isn't going to work and our fan base will get shut out. Coyote fans are waking up to it though and are starting to plan ahead. Honestly, tailgating and making it a full day of activities has contributed to that and people are now planning ahead.

I look forward to the day when these policies have to be expanded to cover the UND and UNI games as well as Dakota Days.
So here's what grinds my gears about this whole deal. Why can't your season ticket holders and booster members get their poop in a group and get their requests in before tickets go on sale to the general public? NDSU has many boosters who want season tickets but can't get them so what they do is early in the summer they send out notices to those folks asking them to prioritize up to 8 single game tickets (in groups of 2 or 4 per game) and those requests are granted before single game tickets go on sale to the general public on 8/1. Season ticket holders aren't even eligible to do that. So why does SDSU need 6 extra weeks and USD need 3 extra months to accomodate these requests? If your boosters and season ticket holders want those tickets then buy them. The message these policies send to me isn't "we want our supporters to have the chance to get the tickets they want" it's "we'd rather have empty seats than Bison fans in those seats".

Oh, and USD did have the two game package deal for the game at Howard Wood. I bought a single ticket the Colgate game for $10 I think and was then allowed to buy as many tickets to the NDSU game as I wanted.

BigGoosie13
August 3rd, 2017, 10:20 AM

SDSU suffers from this as well overall sans the SL tourney and the NDSU fb game. If we're being honest, this just seems to be a prevailing attitude of South Dakotans in general, we've always been able to get what we need when we needed it.

mmiller_34
August 3rd, 2017, 10:28 AM
So here's what grinds my gears about this whole deal. Why can't your season ticket holders and booster members get their poop in a group and get their requests in before tickets go on sale to the general public?

Yeah I feel ya, that grinds my gears too.

mmiller_34
August 3rd, 2017, 10:53 AM
SDSU suffers from this as well overall sans the SL tourney and the NDSU fb game. If we're being honest, this just seems to be a prevailing attitude of South Dakotans in general, we've always been able to get what we need when we needed it.

Yep, which is why Hobo Day kills me. The walkup crowd for that game is ridiculous. I mean, I'm glad they come, but they're also the first to leave, regardless of what is happening on the field. You also see an additional 2k drunk students who make Hobo Day the one and only game they'll attend, then they'll leave with 14:59 remaining in the 1st quarter. xbangx Then they'll head down to D-Days the next weekend and do the same.

Redbird 4th & short
August 3rd, 2017, 11:13 AM
So here's what grinds my gears about this whole deal. Why can't your season ticket holders and booster members get their poop in a group and get their requests in before tickets go on sale to the general public? NDSU has many boosters who want season tickets but can't get them so what they do is early in the summer they send out notices to those folks asking them to prioritize up to 8 single game tickets (in groups of 2 or 4 per game) and those requests are granted before single game tickets go on sale to the general public on 8/1. Season ticket holders aren't even eligible to do that. So why does SDSU need 6 extra weeks and USD need 3 extra months to accomodate these requests? If your boosters and season ticket holders want those tickets then buy them. The message these policies send to me isn't "we want our supporters to have the chance to get the tickets they want" it's "we'd rather have empty seats than Bison fans in those seats".

Oh, and USD did have the two game package deal for the game at Howard Wood. I bought a single ticket the Colgate game for $10 I think and was then allowed to buy as many tickets to the NDSU game as I wanted.

You answered your own question already .. because you have more championships, great tradition, and as a result more loyal fans than ISU, SDSU, and USD .. right ? xeyebrowx

In our case .. putting aside our program lethargy for 50 years prior to hiring Spack in 2009 ... our potential fan base not only has way more options of things to do/support within 2 hour radius .. and not just city of Chicago. Plus many of BloNo residents are transplants that lived somewhere else and went to college somewhere else .. came to BloNo because it has strong blue and white collar job base with several companies headquartered here.

That said, we like what we have going since 2009 and are just trying to build our fickle fan base.

BigGoosie13
August 3rd, 2017, 11:33 AM
Yep, which is why Hobo Day kills me. The walkup crowd for that game is ridiculous. I mean, I'm glad they come, but they're also the first to leave, regardless of what is happening on the field. You also see an additional 2k drunk students who make Hobo Day the one and only game they'll attend, then they'll leave with 14:59 remaining in the 1st quarter. xbangx Then they'll head down to D-Days the next weekend and do the same.
Gotta get in the stadium so the can take a selfie for a snapchat and insta post about how great it was seeing friends and the game.

mmiller_34
August 3rd, 2017, 11:45 AM
Gotta get in the stadium so the can take a selfie for a snapchat and insta post about how great it was seeing friends and the game.

https://media.giphy.com/media/dEdmW17JnZhiU/giphy.gif

BigGoosie13
August 3rd, 2017, 12:01 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/dEdmW17JnZhiU/giphy.gif
#NOFATCHICKS

Professor Chaos
August 3rd, 2017, 12:08 PM
You answered your own question already .. because you have more championships, great tradition, and as a result more loyal fans than ISU, SDSU, and USD .. right ? xeyebrowx

In our case .. putting aside our program lethargy for 50 years prior to hiring Spack in 2009 ... our potential fan base not only has way more options of things to do/support within 2 hour radius .. and not just city of Chicago. Plus many of BloNo residents are transplants that lived somewhere else and went to college somewhere else .. came to BloNo because it has strong blue and white collar job base with several companies headquartered here.

That said, we like what we have going since 2009 and are just trying to build our fickle fan base.
Meh... you don't need tradition or a 3+ hour drive to a major metro to, as a ticket office, send out an email/snail mail to all your season tickets holders and boosters well in advance of the season saying "Request your (extra) tickets now for the NDSU game to gurantee you'll get them without having to fight the army of dirty Bison fans that will inundate our website when single game tickets go on sale".

Then if their boosters/season ticket holders don't want them all by 8/1 sell them at a premium with the rest of your single game tickets to whoever does.

Thumper 76
August 3rd, 2017, 01:21 PM

I feel that making someone purchase a ticket to a game that your admin knows won't be as well attended in order to get a ticket to the game they want is a pretty big step beyond pushing off the date it's available to the public, but that's me.

Yote 53
August 3rd, 2017, 01:54 PM

To be fair, it's a State of South Dakota thing that goes back decades, pre-smart phones. Students from State flood Vermillion for D-Days and students from the U head up to Brookings for Hobo Days. It's just what is done in this state.

BigGoosie13
August 3rd, 2017, 02:36 PM
To be fair, it's a State of South Dakota thing that goes back decades, pre-smart phones. Students from State flood Vermillion for D-Days and students from the U head up to Brookings for Hobo Days. It's just what is done in this state.
I was talking more to the part of the students that come for 5 minutes before leaving the game from the post. Student's hitting up both homecomings will happen forever and always.

Lest we forget though, the trying times of 2013 when Hobo Day, D Days, Gypsy Days and whatever the hell BHSU calls their homecoming (though that epic snowstorm canceled it) all fell on the same day. That has to be extremely rare.

cx500d
August 3rd, 2017, 02:43 PM
Don't be that certain of that concept. My experience is about it the same % of active Jacks posters are Bisonville members as there are Bisonville members on the SDSUFans.com/Board.

We may not say much, but we read.

Sometimes sarcasm isn't obvious in text I guess.

Evolution Prime
August 3rd, 2017, 04:26 PM
I think somewhere someone was ripping about our ticketing dept shutting out casual SDSU fans too if they didn't by tickets last year. In my opinion-good, maybe those casual fans will pull the trigger on season tickets next year to ensure a seat at the table.

I believe I mentioned that on SDSUfans or on Facebook, but I wasn't ripping the strategy. I am not a huge fan, but fine with it. I saw it kind of a reward for attending a game or games in the first year of the new stadium. We will se what we do in two years. Hopefully we don't have to do things like this for much longer. We need to get our fan base to close to where NDSU has theirs. That will take some time.

Evolution Prime
August 3rd, 2017, 04:28 PM
Student's hitting up both homecomings will happen forever and always.

Never knew that was a thing. Guess I never even considered going to D-Days unless SDSU was playing at it.

Redbird 4th & short
August 3rd, 2017, 05:13 PM
Meh... you don't need tradition or a 3+ hour drive to a major metro to, as a ticket office, send out an email/snail mail to all your season tickets holders and boosters well in advance of the season saying "Request your (extra) tickets now for the NDSU game to gurantee you'll get them without having to fight the army of dirty Bison fans that will inundate our website when single game tickets go on sale".

Then if their boosters/season ticket holders don't want them all by 8/1 sell them at a premium with the rest of your single game tickets to whoever does.
now your talking like a rich guy does to a poor guy, as if you undrstand what it means to be poor .. and as if building a fan base is simple and solved by sending an email with a due date. Uh, we do that already ... a lot. Reminder, you guys get 18k to Frisco 5 years in a row ... so you probably do not appreciate what it's like to host UNI in 2014 playoff game and draw less than 6k or just 300 people for semis at UNH .. that is our reality .. right ??

POD Knows
August 4th, 2017, 07:08 AM
Never knew that was a thing. Guess I never even considered going to D-Days unless SDSU was playing at it.Why would fans of either school attend the others homecoming deal. That makes zero sense to me unless you were going to start a riot or light fires.

Yotes21
August 4th, 2017, 08:10 AM
Why would fans of either school attend the others homecoming deal. That makes zero sense to me unless you were going to start a riot or light fires.

South Dakota is small and many people have good friends who attend one or the other school. I know I went up and many friends came down on respective homecomings.

POD Knows
August 4th, 2017, 08:37 AM
South Dakota is small and many people have good friends who attend one or the other school. I know I went up and many friends came down on respective homecomings.
North Dakota is small as well, do think NDSU students go to UND for their homecoming or do UND students come to Fargo, I don't think so, unless it has changed recently. Maybe I am wrong but that kind of reciprocity up here would surprise me.

I am not knocking what you are saying, it just seems weird to me.

caribbeanhen
August 4th, 2017, 08:48 AM
any interesting out of conference games this year? Robert Morris? Delaware State? Nacho Tech?

Bisonator
August 4th, 2017, 08:52 AM
any interesting out of conference games this year? Robert Morris? Delaware State? Nacho Tech?
Just EWU for NDSU. Too bad we have to play on that awful turf.xcoolx

CappinHard
August 4th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Why would fans of either school attend the others homecoming deal. That makes zero sense to me unless you were going to start a riot or light fires.

Idk if you are aware of South Dakota, but there's not a whole lot going on in general. Why wouldn't you drive a couple hours to go to a huge party with likely some good friends from high school? Most people didn't attend the parade, participate in homecoming activities, or even go to the game. It was all about the party and social aspect. Plus we're not a bunch of tools pounding our chest saying " Me NDSU, you not NDSU, me no like you, me no party with you".

Professor Chaos
August 4th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Idk if you are aware of South Dakota, but there's not a whole lot going on in general. Why wouldn't you drive a couple hours to go to a huge party with likely some good friends from high school? Most people didn't attend the parade, participate in homecoming activities, or even go to the game. It was all about the party and social aspect. Plus we're not a bunch of tools pounding our chest saying " Me NDSU, you not NDSU, me no like you, me no party with you".
I'd rather go to the dentist in Fargo than a party in Grand Forks.

sdsuceegrad
August 4th, 2017, 09:32 AM
I'd rather go to the dentist in Fargo than a party in Grand Forks.

xlolxxlolx

POD Knows
August 4th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Idk if you are aware of South Dakota, but there's not a whole lot going on in general. Why wouldn't you drive a couple hours to go to a huge party with likely some good friends from high school? Most people didn't attend the parade, participate in homecoming activities, or even go to the game. It was all about the party and social aspect. Plus we're not a bunch of tools pounding our chest saying " Me NDSU, you not NDSU, me no like you, me no party with you".Yea, still not getting it but you are right about the boredom factor, if I lived in Brookings and somebody painted a fence in Vermillion, I might go do there to watch it dry. It is making sense now.

Bisonator
August 4th, 2017, 10:04 AM
You call an adult pillow fight a party down there?xlolx

sdsuceegrad
August 4th, 2017, 10:10 AM
As a grad student at SDSU (4 years undergrad at SDSU) with ties to Vermillion, I know of a lot of students from each school who attend the other's respective homecoming. I never did this, although I have a valid reason (family). I don't have a problem with wanting to go and enjoy the social aspect of each weekend, but I do have a problem with dressing in the other school's apparel and doing it. MANY students, and many friends of mine, dress up in the other school's colors in order to attend games, go to parties, avoid heckling, etc..I guess to me, school pride means a little more.

POD Knows
August 4th, 2017, 10:19 AM
As a grad student at SDSU (4 years undergrad at SDSU) with ties to Vermillion, I know of a lot of students from each school who attend the other's respective homecoming. I never did this, although I have a valid reason (family). I don't have a problem with wanting to go and enjoy the social aspect of each weekend, but I do have a problem with dressing in the other school's apparel and doing it. MANY students, and many friends of mine, dress up in the other school's colors in order to attend games, go to parties, avoid heckling, etc..I guess to me, school pride means a little more.

I knew there was a psychotic aspect to this, this is probably why your students leave with 14:59 left in the first quarter.

RabidRabbit
August 4th, 2017, 10:19 AM

For USD, hopefully this will get to be a requirement for UND, NDSU, SDSU, and UNI games. The DakotaDome is such a (relatively) small capacity, that games vs these old NCC, and close, rivals should be sell outs most of these games.

I can see SDSU fans may eventually get to a 2K traveling fan base, especially for the same schools. Long rivalries (two over 100 games, other two, over 50) among these schools. And almost always good games. This year, if not sold out, I could see the USD/SDSU game being 1/2 Red, 1/2 Blue - if depending on walk-ups, in Vermillion.

caribbeanhen
August 4th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Just EWU for NDSU. Too bad we have to play on that awful turf.xcoolx

that's a good one... if they played on a green field I would of watched...

How about South Dakota State, who they got out of conference?

sdsuceegrad
August 4th, 2017, 10:25 AM

08/31 Home vs Duquesne
09/09 @ Montana State
09/16 Home vs Drake

Pretty soft schedule to be honest...Montana State could be a challenge.

RabidRabbit
August 4th, 2017, 10:43 AM

Duquense to open Thur 8/31. Drake at home, and Montana St on road.

clenz
August 4th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Iowa State
Cal Poly
Southern Utah

CappinHard
August 4th, 2017, 10:49 AM
You call an adult pillow fight a party down there?xlolx

Only if Joey Fatone is there.

caribbeanhen
August 4th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Iowa State
Cal Poly
Southern Utah

I like it! Good for FCS fans....

caribbeanhen
August 4th, 2017, 10:56 AM

I guess Montana State is a good one, or it would of been a real good one a few years ago... the other 2 are well.....yuck!

Evolution Prime
August 4th, 2017, 10:57 AM
Why wouldn't you drive a couple hours to go to a huge party with likely some good friends from high school?

This may be why I never thought about doing it. Since I get up in Arlington, which is 20 minutes from Brookings, most of my high school went to SDSU or Dakota State. We did have a couple go to NDSU, though.

Not that it would have mattered anyway as I went into the Navy right after high school and didn't go to SDSU until I got out six and a half years later.

IBleedYellow
August 4th, 2017, 11:31 AM
The SDSU fans are out in November fashion like SHSU fans this year.

I like it.

clenz
August 4th, 2017, 12:04 PM

I like it.
Go drink another beer

CappinHard
August 4th, 2017, 12:21 PM

I like it.

No one should ever be compared to SHSU fans. Also, as I mentioned before, sorry for raining on the NDSU suckfest that you're used to. Go back to BV if you don't like talking about other teams.

Go drink another beer

Thank you.

Thumper 76
August 4th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Pretty much easy street.

I guess Montana State is a good one, or it would of been a real good one a few years ago... the other 2 are well.....yuck!
Yeah it's pretty terrible schedule this year OOC.

I like it.
Oh my someone's dramatic today xlolx

Go drink another beer
Yeah, work will buy it for him too

BigGoosie13
August 4th, 2017, 12:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoqZu-2ApM4

Bison56
August 4th, 2017, 03:14 PM
No one should ever be compared to SHSU fans. Also, as I mentioned before, sorry for raining on the NDSU suckfest that you're used to. Go back to BV if you don't like talking about other teams.

Thank you.

Why you so full of hate?

TheKingpin28
August 4th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Why you so full of hate?

SDSU fan being jealous of big brother, say it ain't so?

CappinHard
August 4th, 2017, 03:26 PM
Why you so full of hate?

Hate? I don't hate anyone. Just standing my ground, that's all. I can have fun on here and do!

- - - Updated - - -

SDSU fan being jealous of big brother, say it ain't so?

xdrunkyx

BisonFan02
August 4th, 2017, 03:39 PM
Pretty much easy street.

Yeah it's pretty terrible schedule this year OOC.

Oh my someone's dramatic today xlolx

Yeah, work will buy it for him too

Dicks. xlolx

TheKingpin28
August 4th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Hate? I don't hate anyone. Just standing my ground, that's all. I can have fun on here and do!

- - - Updated - - -

xdrunkyx

The day did end in a "y", so the cheers is not wrong.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 4th, 2017, 07:34 PM
Can't tell that from this board.

I was just basing my opinion on the way you post on here. I could care less if you get a ticket, I was more just firing back at your comments.

You don't like what I post?

I wont lose any sleep over that!

GodHelpTheBears
August 4th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Will Duquesne-SDSU be on ESPN3? I thought every MVFC team's home game would be on there. I don't see it on the ESPN3 or MVFC sites, and SDSU's page says it will be on "MidcoSN".

I was going to watch EIU-ISUb live because it should be more competitive, but I wanted to go back and skim through the game at some point in the days after.

CappinHard
August 4th, 2017, 08:26 PM
You don't like what I post?

I wont lose any sleep over that!

No problems man, just filling in until we actually have football to talk about.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 4th, 2017, 08:30 PM
No problems man, just filling in until we actually have football to talk about.

Well, it should get interesting between Jack/Bison fans the closer Nov 4th gets.

Thumper 76
August 4th, 2017, 10:53 PM
Will Duquesne-SDSU be on ESPN3? I thought every MVFC team's home game would be on there. I don't see it on the ESPN3 or MVFC sites, and SDSU's page says it will be on "MidcoSN".

I was going to watch EIU-ISUb live because it should be more competitive, but I wanted to go back and skim through the game at some point in the days after.

Usually Midco broadcast games end up on ESPN3.

GodHelpTheBears
August 4th, 2017, 11:08 PM
Usually Midco broadcast games end up on ESPN3.

That's how our games with Mediacom are. Maybe I should have held the question off until we were inside the 14-day window - I'm sure the ESPN3 schedule will be updated around that time.

BigGoosie13
August 5th, 2017, 01:09 AM

If I'm remembering correctly, every Jackrabbit game but Montana State will be accessible via ESPN3.

dewey
August 5th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about the NDSU offensive line.

http://www.inforum.com/node/4307985/

Dewey

BigGoosie13
August 5th, 2017, 02:57 PM
https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/893919605390888960

CappinHard
August 5th, 2017, 07:46 PM

Flashin the mitts at 1:09 and 1:11. Ooooweee.

Bison56
August 5th, 2017, 09:25 PM

Needs more jack attack!

BigGoosie13
August 5th, 2017, 09:28 PM
Flashin the mitts at 1:09 and 1:11. Ooooweee.
So casual.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 5th, 2017, 09:53 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about the NDSU offensive line.

http://www.inforum.com/node/4307985/

Dewey

Little Zack Johnson, Radunz and younger Volson are very talented kids. I bet Radunz and Johnson start at tackles and Conor moves to guard.

This OL is going to be really good.

underdawg
August 5th, 2017, 10:11 PM
SIU just now started Fall practice since we don't play the opener till Sept 9--but picked up another transfer--6-2 200 red-shirt Frosh punter Andrew Anckle from University of South Dakota--pretty good punter--averaged 43 ypp in 2015 at Riverview Fla and was overall punting champ in 2015 at Chris Sailer's national kickingcamp

dewey
August 6th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about Senior backup quarterback Cole Davis.

http://www.inforum.com/node/4308219/

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BigGoosie13
August 6th, 2017, 09:20 PM
Classic Jake...
https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/894005644625289216