PDA

View Full Version : MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

UNIFanSince1983
November 6th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Waking up to a pizza shaped piece of charcoal

Evolution Prime
November 6th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Celebrated Saturday with a Pizza King Canadian Bacon and Sauerkraut pizza.

Bisonoline
November 6th, 2017, 09:21 PM
I wonder how many Totino's party pizzas I ate growing up. Get them on sale for like $10 for 5 or something like that.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I actually ate at the original Totinos in Minneapolis MN. It was just as crappy. But there were some that loved it. Go figure.

ST_Lawson
November 9th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Exclusive footage of MVFC fans gathering in a non-football related setting...

https://i.imgur.com/aYzZ4ns.gif

JSUSoutherner
November 9th, 2017, 09:59 AM
I actually ate at the original Totinos in Minneapolis MN. It was just as crappy. But there were some that loved it. Go figure.
Totinos is a restaurant?? Like the Pizza Rolls and Party Pizza Totinos?

UNIFanSince1983
November 9th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Totinos is a restaurant?? Like the Pizza Rolls and Party Pizza Totinos?

Well I'll be damned. I guess it was started from a restaurant in Minneapolis which is now closed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totino%27s

Thumper 76
November 9th, 2017, 01:55 PM

The dude who drops his at the end xlolx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clenz
November 9th, 2017, 01:58 PM
That would be IBY....

TheKingpin28
November 9th, 2017, 02:09 PM

I have to admit, I like how they start out with pineapple on the pizza, since we all know it belongs on it

clenz
November 9th, 2017, 02:29 PM
I'm so torn right now...I want USD to lose BUT I also want NDSU to lose and finish 6-2 in conference play....share the conference title. NDSU still gets the auto and big deal, don't give a ****. UNI will never win a natty. I just want to get back to the conference title level

Wait....

NDSU can beat USD and then lose to ISUR in the final week of the year

****...that means SDSU has to beat ISUr this week to eliminate them from that talk and then USD beats SDSU to close the year....

Yup...there it is. Your official "UNI still sucks but needs something to hang it's hat on while not truly affecting anything within the conference cheering guide"

This week
NDSU over USD
SDSU over ISUr

Next week
USD over SDSU
ISUr over NDSU

CappinHard
November 9th, 2017, 02:36 PM
I'm so torn right now...I want USD to lose BUT I also want NDSU to lose and finish 6-2 in conference play....share the conference title. NDSU still gets the auto and big deal, don't give a ****. UNI will never win a natty. I just want to get back to the conference title level

Wait....

NDSU can beat USD and then lose to ISUR in the final week of the year

****...that means SDSU has to beat ISUr this week to eliminate them from that talk and then USD beats SDSU to close the year....

Yup...there it is. Your official "UNI still sucks but needs something to hang it's hat on while not truly affecting anything within the conference cheering guide"

This week
NDSU over USD
SDSU over ISUr

Next week
USD over SDSU
ISUr over NDSU

Has there ever been a 4 way tie for the conference title?

clenz
November 9th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Has there ever been a 4 way tie for the conference title?
2005...I believe. I'd have to look but I don't know that I give enough of a damn enough. I know it was at a minimum a 3 way tie with UNI getting the auto.

Does that situation, as I laid out, create a 4 way tie?

It would give ISUr their third loss, it would give SDSU their third loss, it would give USD their third loss.

That should leave only UNI and NDSU at 6-2.

Did I math wrong?

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2017, 02:47 PM
2005...I believe. I'd have to look but I don't know that I give enough of a damn enough. I know it was at a minimum a 3 way tie with UNI getting the auto.

It would give ISUr their third loss, it would give SDSU their third loss, it would give USD their third loss.

Did I math wrong?
I don't think a 4 way tie is possible this year. With ISUr, NDSU, SDSU, and USD all playing each other these last two weeks and NDSU already at 5-1 one of those teams will finish at least 6-2 and no more than 2 of them can finish 6-2 (or better) I believe. I think there could be a 3 way tie at 6-2 with UNI involved with two of them but that's it.

UNIFanSince1983
November 9th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Either way UNI needs to find a way to not blow either the MSU or ISU light game for that to really matter.

CappinHard
November 9th, 2017, 03:12 PM

Did I math wrong?

I wasn't necessarily talking about your scenario, I thought that a 4 way tie was possible, but PC is right, a 3 way tie is the most that could happen. I math-ed wrong.

clenz
November 9th, 2017, 03:22 PM
I don't think a 4 way tie is possible this year. With ISUr, NDSU, SDSU, and USD all playing each other these last two weeks and NDSU already at 5-1 one of those teams will finish at least 6-2 and no more than 2 of them can finish 6-2 (or better) I believe. I think there could be a 3 way tie at 6-2 with UNI involved with two of them but that's it.
A 3 way tie very well could give UNI the auto if it is with SDSU or USD.

THREE TEAMS ARE TIED
1. If at any point, a tie is broken using the multiple-tie tiebreaker procedures and only two teams remain, the remaining teams will revert to the two-way tiebreaker (head-to-head).
2. If the tied teams all played one another, the team with the best cumulative record involving games with the tied teams shall be declared champion. For example, if a team is 2-0 against two other tied teams, that team will be declared champion.

UNI/NDSU/USD
With this all three teams will be 1-1 vs the other team.

Next highest common opponent would be SDSU.
UNI beat SDSU
USD will have beaten SDSU
NDSU lost to SDSU

That means NDSU is out
That means it's down to 2 teams
That means it goes head to head
UNI beat USD

UNI gets the autobid and is "the" champion

UNI/NDSU/SDSU
All three would be 1-1 in their other two.

Next highest common oppoenent would be USD
UNI beat USD
USD will have beaten NDSU
SDSU will have beaten USD

That means NDSU is out
That means it's down to 2 teams
That means it goes head to head
UNI beat SDSU head to head

UNI gets the autobid and is "the champion"

Holy ****...there's actually a ton of ways for UNI to win the auto right now as long as ISUr isn't involved. UNI and ISUr didn't play. That makes things a bit messier.

ST_Lawson
November 9th, 2017, 03:37 PM
UNI and ISUr didn't play. That makes things a bit messier.

Not for the playoff committee it doesn't...UNI vs ISUr in the first round.

Unrelated, one of the ISS astronauts tweeted a photo of the upper midwest and I realized that you can see 6 of the current 10 MVFC hometowns in it (and once UND joins...7 of 11).
https://twitter.com/StationCDRKelly/status/928471067601063936

It was on reddit and some people were trying to figure out some of the cities, so I labeled a few...then a few more...and then a bunch. See if you can figure out what all you can see from the non-labeled one first. If you want to see the labeled version, there's here: https://i.imgur.com/VT3K09s.jpg

clenz
November 9th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Oh...we are getting UNI/ISUr in the first round for sure. 100% for sure.

It then becomes does WIU get the 8 seed so the winner gets sent there or does the winner go to Jacksonville state.

I think UNI/ISUr avoid Fargo this year.

ST_Lawson
November 9th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Oh...we are getting UNI/ISUr in the first round for sure. 100% for sure.

It then becomes does WIU get the 8 seed so the winner gets sent there or does the winner go to Jacksonville state.

I think UNI/ISUr avoid Fargo this year.

If we win solidly against both ISUb and SIU, then I think we have a decent shot at the #8 seed. In that case, absolutely it's UNI/ISUr -> #8 WIU. All bus trips...it's a no-brainer for the committee.
WIU needs to win out, UNI needs to win out, and ISUr needs to steal a win vs SDSU or NDSU. If that happens, I think we'll see that scenario.

clenz
November 9th, 2017, 03:52 PM
If we win solidly against both ISUb and SIU, then I think we have a decent shot at the #8 seed. In that case, absolutely it's UNI/ISUr -> #8 WIU. All bus trips...it's a no-brainer for the committee.
WIU needs to win out, UNI needs to win out, and ISUr needs to steal a win vs SDSU or NDSU. If that happens, I think we'll see that scenario.

WIU vs UNI/ISUr

That is fed to

NDSU vs SDSU/Big Sky #3 or SLC #2

The ability to knock a minimum of 3 MVFC schools out in the first 2 rounds by way of another MVFC is WAY too good to pass up.

I actually think with the pods will line up this way

NE - CAA, PL, NEC
SE - SoCon, Big South a couple 1 SLC
MW - UNI, WIU, ISUR, JSU 1 slc
W - NDSU, SDSU, Big Sky, PFL, 1 SLC

If they end up on the same half, who knows.

It's not hard to mock up a seed and first weekend game from there from each pod, but that's pretty much what's going to happen as long as USD

Professor Chaos
November 9th, 2017, 03:57 PM
WIU vs UNI/ISUr

That is fed to

The ability to knock a minimum of 3 MVFC schools out in the first 2 rounds is WAY too good to pass up.
They could potentially put 5 MVFC teams in one quarter of the bracket (assuming there's a 6th team in the MVFC that makes it in so that they could dump on the other side to satisfy their "MVFC rule") given the way the seeds could work out.

SDSU or USD vs random Big Sky School sent to #2 NDSU
UNI vs ISUr sent to #7 SDSU/WIU/USD

CappinHard
November 9th, 2017, 04:02 PM
WIU vs UNI/ISUr

That is fed to

The ability to knock a minimum of 3 MVFC schools out in the first 2 rounds is WAY too good to pass up.

Stop... you're already making me anxious about the playoff selection. I will take anything... ANYTHING, but a trip to Fargo. Not that I don't think we can beat them there, I am just sick of seeing it. *pretty sure you can go back about a year and find the exact same post*

What really chapped my a** about last year was the fact that they could have easily sent UND to Fargo instead. Part of me thinks that they'll look at how much they've sent us up there and have mercy on us this year, especially with the fact that USD is a possibility to travel there as well. Pretty sure it's inevitable though.

clenz
November 9th, 2017, 04:09 PM
Stop... you're already making me anxious about the playoff selection. I will take anything... ANYTHING, but a trip to Fargo. Not that I don't think we can beat them there, I am just sick of seeing it. *pretty sure you can go back about a year and find the exact same post*

What really chapped my a** about last year was the fact that they could have easily sent UND to Fargo instead. Part of me thinks that they'll look at how much they've sent us up there and have mercy on us this year, especially with the fact that USD is a possibility to travel there as well. Pretty sure it's inevitable though.
I've tried to move SDSU out of Fargo, but I'm not sure how it happens without really ignoring the bus rule or SDSU getting seeded to avoid them.

The PFL champ will be San Diego
The Big Sky will get 2 seeds and 4 teams
MVFC will get 5 but 3 are "eastern"
SLC will get 3 and all kind of isolated
OVC will get 1

What we'll get is

SUU vs Big Sky AL/San Diego
WSU vs Big Sky/SLC
NDSU vs SDSU/Big Sky

Then it depends on if WIU is seeded. If they are

WIU vs UNI/ISUr
JSU vs SLC/SoCon
SHSU vs SoCon/Big South

If not we'll go
JSU vs UNI/ISUR
SHSU vs WIU/SLC

Without UND to be that potential Fargo bus trip buffer for SDSU there isn't a way around it. I suppose if USD gets in they could send USD/Big Sky to Fargo and go SDSU/Big Sky to WSU.

TheKingpin28
November 9th, 2017, 04:23 PM
They could potentially put 5 MVFC teams in one quarter of the bracket (assuming there's a 6th team in the MVFC that makes it in so that they could dump on the other side to satisfy their "MVFC rule") given the way the seeds could work out.

SDSU or USD vs random Big Sky School sent to #2 NDSU
UNI vs ISUr sent to #7 SDSU/WIU/USD

This would be expected from them. The MVFC are so lucky they get consistently play T25 teams for 6-8 weeks and then sent to other MVFC (if they didn't play each other) or BS teams just to piss pound each other over and over, while the Northeast teams get to play one of those elusive NEC/PL teams we have been told about exist in the playoffs but rarely ever see.

ST_Lawson
November 9th, 2017, 04:29 PM
I could see a situation where:

NDSU beats USD and loses to ISUr - finishes 9-2, gets a seed
SDSU beats ISUr and and UDS - finishes 9-2 including a win over NDSU, also gets a seed
USD loses both NDSU and SDSU - finishes 7-4 but on a 3-game losing streak and might not even make the playoffs (could be the last team in though).

Also, WIU wins out, UNI wins out, ISUr loses to SDSU but beats NDSU.

WIU finishes 8-3, gets the #8 seed
UNI finishes 7-4 with wins over SDSU and USD and gets an at-large
ISUr finishes 7-4 with wins over USD and NDSU and gets an at-large

So...
NDSU, SDSU, and WIU seeded
UNI, ISUr, and maybe USD as at-large teams

In that case, for sure the previously mentioned UNI vs ISUr...winner goes to #8 WIU happens.
Also, SDSU avoids going through Fargo because:
NDSU and SDSU, both at 9-2, but SDSU with the H2H win and a slightly higher SoS...I think that's be perfect for SDSU at #4, NDSU at #5. If they both win their first games, they'd play each other back in Brookings.

If WIU is #8, then the winner of ISUr/UNI/WIU would play whoever is #1 (or if the "play-in" team beats them)...probably JMU at this point, but we'll see. If the MVFC teams wins that, they play the winner of NDSU/SDSU in the Dakotas.

That would take 5 MVFC teams and whittle them down to 1 on that side of the bracket. Maybe they take USD and throw them out west on the other side of the bracket...if USD gets picked to play in that scenario.

Redbird 4th & short
November 9th, 2017, 06:57 PM

100% agreed ... this seeding that forced SDSU to pair up .. yet again .. with NDSU in Fargo was pathetic. There is no way UND earned a 7 seed over SDSU. And the bus rule would have worked just fine had they flipped UND and SDSU.

mmiller_34
November 9th, 2017, 08:27 PM
100% agreed ... this seeding that forced SDSU to pair up .. yet again .. with NDSU in Fargo was pathetic. There is no way UND earned a 7 seed over SDSU. And the bus rule would have worked just fine had they flipped UND and SDSU.

Exactly. I’m pretty sure I said it last year. If NDSU gets a 1 seed, SDSU will get the 8. If NDSU gets a 2 seed SDSU will get the 7.

I’ll go further this year. If SDSU gets a 5 seed, NDSU will be a 4. If SDSU gets a 6 seed, NDSU will be a 3.

The way the bracket is selected is so crooked.

Thumper 76
November 10th, 2017, 03:06 AM
Not for the playoff committee it doesn't...UNI vs ISUr in the first round.

Unrelated, one of the ISS astronauts tweeted a photo of the upper midwest and I realized that you can see 6 of the current 10 MVFC hometowns in it (and once UND joins...7 of 11).
https://twitter.com/StationCDRKelly/status/928471067601063936

It was on reddit and some people were trying to figure out some of the cities, so I labeled a few...then a few more...and then a bunch. See if you can figure out what all you can see from the non-labeled one first. If you want to see the labeled version, there's here: https://i.imgur.com/VT3K09s.jpg
xlolx welp, that just reminds me of how much of nowhere that I grew up in, the black hole SE of Duluth xlolx

Exactly. I’m pretty sure I said it last year. If NDSU gets a 1 seed, SDSU will get the 8. If NDSU gets a 2 seed SDSU will get the 7.

I’ll go further this year. If SDSU gets a 5 seed, NDSU will be a 4. If SDSU gets a 6 seed, NDSU will be a 3.

The way the bracket is selected is so crooked.

Eh, I’m at the point where I don’t care anymore. We need to stop dropping games we shouldn’t and/or starting slow. Basically we can already know SDSU’s playoff matchups most every year. If a seed then a combo of USD/UND/Montana/Montana State will be sent to Brookings then to Fargo. If not a seed then we will be sent to Montana or pair up with a combo of the other three. There is the possibility that with the new stadium we start being known as a big bidder and get sent some other schools to try to maximize the revenue for the NCAA. But that’s what it’s going to be. I’m just tired of being frustrated by it. We can’t pick up Brookings and move it closer to SLC or Big South teams. It’s by virtue of our location. We just need to win.

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2017, 08:11 AM
Eh, I’m at the point where I don’t care anymore. We need to stop dropping games we shouldn’t and/or starting slow. Basically we can already know SDSU’s playoff matchups most every year. If a seed then a combo of USD/UND/Montana/Montana State will be sent to Brookings then to Fargo. If not a seed then we will be sent to Montana or pair up with a combo of the other three. There is the possibility that with the new stadium we start being known as a big bidder and get sent some other schools to try to maximize the revenue for the NCAA. But that’s what it’s going to be. I’m just tired of being frustrated by it. We can’t pick up Brookings and move it closer to SLC or Big South teams. It’s by virtue of our location. We just need to win.

If SDSU wins out it's almost impossible that they'd be sent to Fargo either in the quarters or earlier. If both NDSU and SDSU win out NDSU will either be the #2, if JMU beats Elon, which would mean SDSU would move up to #6 ahead of Elon or NDSU would be the #1 if Elon manages to upset JMU (leaving SDSU at #7 at worst). Or if SDSU wins out and NDSU drops one they'd both be 9-2 (6-2) so SDSU would be seeded higher with the head-to-head win.

Of course this "if SDSU takes care of their own business they won't be sent to Fargo again" song and dance is the same as it's been the last two years coming down the stretch. I think you guys are just sadists at this point and have to do something to **** it up when things are going too well for you. xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
November 10th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Honestly you have to play good teams to win it all no matter what. I mean is there a real difference between playing NDSU in Fargo or at your place or heck even in Frisco. Hell just last year JMU went into Fargo and won the game. So you are either going to beat them yourself or just hope someone else does it.

CappinHard
November 10th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Honestly you have to play good teams to win it all no matter what. I mean is there a real difference between playing NDSU in Fargo or at your place or heck even in Frisco. Hell just last year JMU went into Fargo and won the game. So you are either going to beat them yourself or just hope someone else does it.

Yes. Unequivocally yes.

I agree, you have to play good teams to win it all, I'm not asking for a cupcake path to Frisco. Send us to JMU instead. Still going to be a tough game obviously, but at least it's something different and not so obviously preconceived.

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2017, 08:49 AM
As a fan of a team who has beat good teams to win it all I share his sentiment because I also just get sick of playing the same damn team every year in the playoffs. No intra-conference rivals in the nation have met more than once in the playoffs in the last 5 years and NDSU and SDSU have met 3 times (would've been 4 had SDSU won their first round game in Montana in 2015).

clenz
November 10th, 2017, 08:52 AM
The thing is - in the playoffs anything can happen. It's all match ups and familiarity.

If you can avoid NDSU or JMU for an extra round or two you leave the possibility of something else happening where you could avoid them all together.

Yes, you have to beat good teams no matter what but avoiding the best teams as long as possible doesn't hurt. When the NCAA's rule is to force as many bus trips as possible and you are a 2-3 hour bus ride away you're gonna get boned every time.

Redbird 4th & short
November 10th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Yes. Unequivocally yes.

I agree, you have to play good teams to win it all, I'm not asking for a cupcake path to Frisco. Send us to JMU instead. Still going to be a tough game obviously, but at least it's something different and not so obviously preconceived.
100% agreed .. and utterly silly that this point is considered debatable.

ST_Lawson
November 10th, 2017, 09:09 AM
MVFC Week 11 Preview (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-11-preview-2/)

Sycamore62
November 10th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Id like to see good games. Id also like those to be the matchups Id like to see. I dont necessarily want to see good games ive already seen. If its 2 teams that didnt play in the conference regular season im good with that.

DCWIU11
November 11th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Does anyone know why MVFC doesn’t schedule night games during conference play? Like 730 or 800pm games?

ST_Lawson
November 11th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Does anyone know why MVFC doesn’t schedule night games during conference play? Like 730 or 800pm games?

Probably weather. I know I'd much rather have a game at 1 PM in November than a game at 7:30 PM.

DCWIU11
November 11th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Probably weather. I know I'd much rather have a game at 1 PM in November than a game at 7:30 PM.

Good point but what about UNI, USD, and NDSU since they have domes?

UNIFanSince1983
November 11th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Late games are no fun. Plus you have to think of parents with children. A game at 7pm doesn't get over until 10. Then say you have an hour or two drive back home. It just seems like a bad idea for games that need to get as many people there as possible.

ST_Lawson
November 11th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Late games are no fun. Plus you have to think of parents with children. A game at 7pm doesn't get over until 10. Then say you have an hour or two drive back home. It just seems like a bad idea for games that need to get as many people there as possible.

Right. Anyone who wants to take their kids to games pretty much can't do evening games. My kids bedtimes are around 7:30-8, so I'm not around to read to them, help put them to bed, and I can't really take them to the games either. Early afternoon games are just really nice for a lot of reasons.

Thumper 76
November 11th, 2017, 02:41 PM

Pretty sure the time is set by the school. I think SDSU had a late night game in conference. They did, the SIU game started at 6. Then they go to earlier games dues to weather.

mmiller_34
November 11th, 2017, 06:49 PM
Pretty sure the time is set by the school. I think SDSU had a late night game in conference. They did, the SIU game started at 6. Then they go to earlier games dues to weather.

Today was a good example of that. Beautiful weather at kickoff, but once that sun goes down, temp drops pretty quick.

cx500d
November 11th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Today was a good example of that. Beautiful weather at kickoff, but once that sun goes down, temp drops pretty quick.

Luckily for your fans, very few people were actually in the stands to experience the cold.

BisonTru
November 15th, 2017, 10:11 PM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/931007389209374720

dewey
November 15th, 2017, 10:17 PM
https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/931007389209374720

Hopefully Westen Illinois has a big buyout in the contract with Montana State.

Dewey

ST_Lawson
November 15th, 2017, 11:23 PM
Hopefully Westen Illinois has a big buyout in the contract with Montana State.

Dewey

You thinking they'll back out of coming to Macomb?

BisonFan02
November 15th, 2017, 11:24 PM
You thinking they'll back out of coming to Macomb?

Totally. xlolx

dewey
November 16th, 2017, 06:17 AM
You thinking they'll back out of coming to Macomb?Montana State pulled that on NDSU a few years ago (2013 IIRC). From what I remember the NDSU AD was pissed because his counterpart didn't even let him know via phone call. I think NDSU heard about it from someone else or a check for the buyout showed up at NDSU. IIRC it was sometime in February of 2013 when this all happened.

Hopefully things have changed and or the contract buyout is large enough so MSU won't back out or at least have the decency to let the other partner know.

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
November 17th, 2017, 12:14 AM
Montana State pulled that on NDSU a few years ago (2013 IIRC). From what I remember the NDSU AD was pissed because his counterpart didn't even let him know via phone call. I think NDSU heard about it from someone else or a check for the buyout showed up at NDSU. IIRC it was sometime in February of 2013 when this all happened.

Hopefully things have changed and or the contract buyout is large enough so MSU won't back out or at least have the decency to let the other partner know.

Dewey

Then MSU scheduled another game.

Professor Chaos
November 17th, 2017, 07:47 AM
Montana State pulled that on NDSU a few years ago (2013 IIRC). From what I remember the NDSU AD was pissed because his counterpart didn't even let him know via phone call. I think NDSU heard about it from someone else or a check for the buyout showed up at NDSU. IIRC it was sometime in February of 2013 when this all happened.

Dewey

They actually did it twice. The first time Taylor convinced them to move the game back to 2013 rather than cancel (and upped the buyout from 10k to 100k IIRC). The second time is the one you're referring to.

They scheduled FBS SMU instead in 2013 and their All-American QB Denarious McGhee was injured in that game. Karma???

On another note, one of my favorite Gameday signs from their Fargo shows: "Montana State bought out my other sign"

mango433
November 17th, 2017, 08:25 AM

Dewey

Don't forget that Montana State has a new AD so they might actually play these games now.

dewey
November 17th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Here is a link to the Bison Media Blog post about this.

https://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/the-before-and-after-of-the-montana-state-buyout-of-ndsu/

In honor of Griz Cats week...FTC!

Dewey

ST_Lawson
November 17th, 2017, 09:16 AM
MVFC Week 12 Preview (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-12-preview-2/)

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2016-02/1/10/enhanced/webdr07/enhanced-11023-1454341680-8.png

DCWIU11
November 17th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Random question and I wasn't sure where to post this but does someone set up a playoff bracket predictions? Kinda like for march madness?

Thumper 76
November 17th, 2017, 06:06 PM
Random question and I wasn't sure where to post this but does someone set up a playoff bracket predictions? Kinda like for march madness?

Yeah there’s one on here usually

PantherRob82
November 17th, 2017, 06:24 PM

It’ll be up shortly after the bracket announcement. The site does a nice one.

Schism55
November 17th, 2017, 06:45 PM
MVFC Week 12 Preview (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-12-preview-2/)

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2016-02/1/10/enhanced/webdr07/enhanced-11023-1454341680-8.png
Moss is the mother****ing man!! Y'all better recognize xthumbsupx

DCWIU11
November 17th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Thanks!

Thumper 76
November 19th, 2017, 08:40 AM
I'll sum this up, SDSU is overrated and is set up to magnificently underachieve. Pulling 10 redshirts? Holy crap. And look at how many of them are on the defensive line, that is not a position group you want ot be undermanned if you plan on being successful in this conference. I can see doing something like this at a program like USD where Nielson has a rebuild in progress and is bringing in his own guys, but at SDSU? Stig has been there forever. There is no reason to have to pull so many redshirts and to have to rely on so many game minutes out of young players in a program that should be in reload mode. I see this as a big weakness and a harbinger of bad things for this season.

So overrated. Is that like being ranked in the top ten and then losing 4 of you last five games? Or is it being ranked in the top ten and not ending up with a winning conference record? My bad, that didn’t happen to SDSU, did it?

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2017, 09:38 AM
http://memes.ucoz.com/_nw/13/29922471.jpg

http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-12-in-review/ (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-12-in-review/)

Also...

WIU Football...best record in 14 years, going to the playoffs...worst average home attendance in recorded history.
What the hell people?

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2017, 12:57 PM
Interesting to look back at the MVFC preseason poll and see how each team finished. It turned out to be a pretty good prognostication with the exception of overrating YSU. Here was the preseason poll results (http://admin.gobison.com/news/2017/7/25/north-dakota-state-picked-to-win-seventh-straight-valley-football-title.aspx):

Team (First-Place Votes) Points
1. North Dakota State (21) 380
2. South Dakota State (19) 379
3. Youngstown State 290
4. Northern Iowa 255
5. Illinois State 246
6. Western Illinois 188
7. South Dakota 182
8. Southern Illinois 132
9. Missouri State 81
10. Indiana State 67

And here's how they finished with the change from the preseason poll in parenthesis:

1. North Dakota State 7-1 (-)
2. Northern Iowa 6-2 (+2)
3. South Dakota State 6-2 (-1)
4. Western Illinois 5-3 (+2)
5. Illinois State 4-4 (-)
6. South Dakota 4-4 (+1)
7. Youngstown State 4-4 (-4)
8. Missouri State 2-6 (+1)
9. Southern Illinois 2-6 (-1)
10. Indiana State 0-8 (-)

UNIFanSince1983
November 20th, 2017, 01:26 PM
With the way our seasons started and being on the road for both NDSU and SDSU I couldn't be more happy with ending up 6-2 and in 2nd place. Although I still think we should have beaten WIU and ended up with a share of the crown.

ST_Lawson
November 21st, 2017, 04:07 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/27/27564b31a1c57ad28ecc2c5a8925aadface07277f29de1b474 599386af244f61.jpg

Yes, Coach Mora...it is that time.
And here's what I think about the three games involving MVFC teams this weekend: http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-playoffs-round-1-preview/

Yotes21
November 21st, 2017, 06:19 PM
Interesting to look back at the MVFC preseason poll and see how each team finished. It turned out to be a pretty good prognostication with the exception of overrating YSU. Here was the preseason poll results (http://admin.gobison.com/news/2017/7/25/north-dakota-state-picked-to-win-seventh-straight-valley-football-title.aspx):

Team (First-Place Votes) Points
1. North Dakota State (21) 380
2. South Dakota State (19) 379
3. Youngstown State 290
4. Northern Iowa 255
5. Illinois State 246
6. Western Illinois 188
7. South Dakota 182
8. Southern Illinois 132
9. Missouri State 81
10. Indiana State 67

And here's how they finished with the change from the preseason poll in parenthesis:

1. North Dakota State 7-1 (-)
2. Northern Iowa 6-2 (+2)
3. South Dakota State 6-2 (-1)
4. Western Illinois 5-3 (+2)
5. Illinois State 4-4 (-)
6. South Dakota 4-4 (+1)
7. Youngstown State 4-4 (-4)
8. Missouri State 2-6 (+1)
9. Southern Illinois 2-6 (-1)
10. Indiana State 0-8 (-)

I have to say that is pretty good accuracy...kudos to those who voted.

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2017, 07:24 AM
Got a quick question for you guys. When it comes to tailgating at your schools...does tailgating shut down when or around kickoff? I'm pretty sure I heard NDSU people say that theirs does, but idk about everyone else. Trying to get a good idea of what the "standard" is around the conference.

Thanks.

waverly_panther
November 22nd, 2017, 07:26 AM
Got a quick question for you guys. When it comes to tailgating at your schools...does tailgating shut down when or around kickoff? I'm pretty sure I heard NDSU people say that theirs does, but idk about everyone else. Trying to get a good idea of what the "standard" is around the conference.

Thanks.It shuts down at kickoff at UNI.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

dewey
November 22nd, 2017, 08:04 AM

Thanks.

Tailgating shuts down at kickoff or slightly before IIRC.

Dewey

POD Knows
November 22nd, 2017, 08:09 AM

Thanks.You can start tailgating at NDSU 5 hours before kickoff and it does shut down at kickoff, the brown shirts don't really allow tailgating during the game but I suppose if you had a rig out there you could sit in it and "tailgate". They also give you about an hour after the game to wind down. At NDSU if you leave the game at halftime, you can't get back in the building, I had that happen to me once, had to listen to the game in my truck in the tailgating lot.

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2017, 08:25 AM
Ok, I was able to find info for most of the MVFC schools while digging around their tailgate policies, but can't seem to find anything for Southern Illinois, Indiana State, or South Dakota.
Anyone know if those three keep tailgating open during the game or if they shut it down?

goyotes
November 22nd, 2017, 08:30 AM
Ok, I was able to find info for most of the MVFC schools while digging around their tailgate policies, but can't seem to find anything for Southern Illinois, Indiana State, or South Dakota.
Anyone know if those three keep tailgating open during the game or if they shut it down?

I am not sure what the actual policy is at USD, but tailgating pretty much shuts down at game time. However, when the weather is bearable, a lot of people head out at halftime for a beverage and come back inside near the start of the 3rd quarter.

CappinHard
November 22nd, 2017, 09:49 AM
I am not sure what the actual policy is at USD, but tailgating pretty much shuts down at game time. However, when the weather is bearable, a lot of people head out at halftime for a beverage and come back inside near the start of the 3rd quarter.

Son of a B... I didn't think it was possible, but USD does something better than SDSU and it sounds like most of the MVFC.

goyotes
November 22nd, 2017, 09:57 AM
Son of a B... I didn't think it was possible, but USD does something better than SDSU and it sounds like most of the MVFC.

I had no problems at the State-U game in Brookings last year, but sounds like SDSU really cramps down on any tailgate fun.

UNIFanSince1983
November 22nd, 2017, 10:03 AM

So not only do you copy our Dome but also our ways of getting a little extra sloppy during halftime.

RabidRabbit
November 22nd, 2017, 10:03 AM
Sdsu is no alcohol post game. Since I was slow departing stadium post Dakota Marker, it took nearly an hour for traffic to clear enough to move.

TheKingpin28
November 22nd, 2017, 10:29 AM
damn wrong thread.

Yotes21
November 22nd, 2017, 11:52 AM
At USD you can go out at halftime and re-enter with ticket...I've done it at pretty much every home game.

F'N Hawks
November 22nd, 2017, 02:23 PM
xpopcornx

CappinHard
November 22nd, 2017, 03:09 PM
I had no problems at the State-U game in Brookings last year, but sounds like SDSU really cramps down on any tailgate fun.

This is good. Solid.

Professor Chaos
November 26th, 2017, 09:11 AM
So with USD's win yesterday 8 of the 10 MVFC programs have won a playoff game in the last four years. The only ones not to do so are Southern Illinois and Missouri St.

Did a quick check and that's the most of any conference by 2 teams.

CAA: 6 (Stony Brook, UNH, Nova, Richmond, JMU, W&M)
SOCON: 4 (Furman, Chatty, Wofford, The Citadel
Big South: 4 (Kennesaw St, CSU, Liberty, Coastal Carolina)
Big Sky: 3* (Weber St, EWU, Montana)
Southland: 2 (UCA, SHSU)
Patriot: 2 (Colgate, Fordham)
OVC: 1 (JSU)
Pioneer: 1 (San Diego)
NEC: 0

*SUU could make be the 4th Big Sky team to win a playoff game in the last 4 years if they win next weekend.

ST_Lawson
November 28th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Wait...did you think the season was over?
http://i.imgur.com/yupEOqk.jpg

It's MVFC playoff time....here's the recaps from "Round 1": http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-playoffs-first-round-in-review/

clenz
November 28th, 2017, 04:17 PM
I decided to have some fun today....Enjoy

https://image.prntscr.com/image/a-DNEQnQRBuT1--HIqlHQQ.png
https://image.prntscr.com/image/PP5lSqOGTMCGi3zKTam2ow.png
https://image.prntscr.com/image/BQoWJ_zsQT_8XbrtvY5tYw.png

CappinHard
November 28th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Yuck... that really accents just how ugly USeD's SD is.

uni88
November 28th, 2017, 04:35 PM
So with USD's win yesterday 8 of the 10 MVFC programs have won a playoff game in the last four years. The only ones not to do so are Southern Illinois and Missouri St.

Did a quick check and that's the most of any conference by 2 teams.

CAA: 6 (Stony Brook, UNH, Nova, Richmond, JMU, W&M) of 12 (50%)
SOCON: 4 (Furman, Chatty, Wofford, The Citadel of 9 (44%)
Big South: 4 (Kennesaw St, CSU, Liberty, Coastal Carolina) of 6 (50%) removed Coastal (4 of 7 is 57%)
Big Sky: 3* (Weber St, EWU, Montana) of 13 (23%, 31% is SUU wins)
Southland: 2 (UCA, SHSU) of 11 (18%)
Patriot: 2 (Colgate, Fordham) of 7 (28%)
OVC: 1 (JSU) of 9 (11%)
Pioneer: 1 (San Diego) of 11 (9%)
NEC: 0 of 7 (0%)

*SUU could make be the 4th Big Sky team to win a playoff game in the last 4 years if they win next weekend.

Added number of conference members & percentages.

POD Knows
November 28th, 2017, 04:46 PM

https://image.prntscr.com/image/BQoWJ_zsQT_8XbrtvY5tYw.pngOK, I am going to kick your ass the next time I see you. Actually, this is pretty funny

clenz
November 28th, 2017, 04:48 PM
It started as a troll attempt on Thumper. Your son found it a little too funny so the SDSU one happened. He said he was fine with it so the und version happened. He seemed less okay with that one xLOLx

clenz
November 28th, 2017, 04:49 PM
Yuck... that really accents just how ugly USeD's SD is.

It also shows just how badly SDSUs colors hide their logo. It looks infinitely better in red and black.

CappinHard
November 28th, 2017, 04:59 PM
It also shows just how badly SDSUs colors hide their logo. It looks infinitely better in red and black.

I agree actually, I prefer the interlocking SD that's mainly blue.

http://dehayf5mhw1h7.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2014/07/01044842/3286_south_dakota_state_jackrabbits-alternate-2008.png

The yellow one is better too.

http://www.tshirtironons.top/images/stickers/College/NCAA%20Division%20I%20(s-t)%20Team%20Logos/South%20Dakota%20State%20Jackrabbits/South%20Dakota%20State%20Jackrabbits%20Logo%20Iron-on%20Transfers%20(Heat%20Transfers)%20N6225.jpg

clenz
November 28th, 2017, 05:09 PM
I don’t know who had the SD first but it looks like SDSU didnand USD went “do that but change it just enough so it doesn’t look like I copied their homework”

clenz
November 28th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Just to show I'm fair...

https://image.prntscr.com/image/L2l1vO0oTsCgFiNb3sNKVA.png

POD Knows
November 28th, 2017, 06:15 PM
It started as a troll attempt on Thumper. Your son found it a little too funny so the SDSU one happened. He said he was fine with it so the und version happened. He seemed less okay with that one xLOLx

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThis is classic stuff, keep it up.

Beer
November 28th, 2017, 09:47 PM

https://image.prntscr.com/image/BQoWJ_zsQT_8XbrtvY5tYw.png

Props for including the Prairie Rose Pink.

BisonTru
November 29th, 2017, 11:42 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26641&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26640&stc=1

I like the look of these better.

CappinHard
November 29th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Seeing those logos made me realize how my 2 most hated football teams both wear yellow and green. Hadn't put it together until now for some reason. It all makes perfect sense now though... Thumper, an avid Packers fan, lives in Fargo so he can be a closet Bison fan and have more yellow and green in his life.

clenz
November 29th, 2017, 11:57 AM
In honor of our group text and not wanting Rev to feel left out I also went

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/364518381048823813/385216720421519363/YArNjFttQB6WBdMut8gaDg.png?width=548&height=495https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/364518381048823813/385219976295874571/image.png?width=349&height=300

The reactions were worth it...

General reactions include

Oh dear god.

JFC CALM DOWN SATAN

God I hate that and am fascinated by them at the same time. However, I will murder you.

Thumper 76
November 29th, 2017, 12:35 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26641&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26640&stc=1

I like the look of these better.

Both of you are going to have terrible things happen to you. May you step on a thousand legos.

clenz
November 29th, 2017, 12:37 PM
Both of you are going to have terrible things happen to you. May you step on a thousand legos.

I have a 4.5 year old and a 2 year old. That’s a normal day for me at this point

You learn to just shuffle walk through the house. Zero need to pick you feet up if you can't see the floor at night.

BisonTru
November 29th, 2017, 12:40 PM
I have a 4.5 year old and a 2 year old. That’s a normal day for me at this point

I just had twins.

So, I have to pick up my legos from now on.

clenz
December 1st, 2017, 08:06 AM
I can't believe this wasn't posted yesterday

Massive milestone for our supreme overloads

http://www.kcci.com/article/how-big-is-caseys-2000th-store-opens-today/13986006

ANKENY, Iowa —
Casey's General Stores, Inc. announced the opening of its 2,000th store in Russellville, Kentucky on November 30th, 2017.

The 4,600-square-foot store is located at 490 West 9th Street, with hours of 5:00 AM to 12:00 AM daily.

The store features six pump islands dispensing various fuel types. The store will also offer Casey's famous made-from-scratch pizza, a fresh sub sandwich station, numerous bakery items and a wide variety of offerings at our fountain and coffee stations.

Customers can utilize Casey's mobile app and online website for on-the-go ordering, coupons, discounts, games and more.

"We are excited to open our 2000th store," said Terry Handley, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Reaching this milestone is a testament to the Company's consistent story of growth over time, and we look forward to expanding the Casey's brand into the future."

A two-day grand opening event at the Russellville Casey's is scheduled for Friday and Saturday, December 15th and 16th to celebrate this significant event. A ribbon cutting ceremony will be held at 12:30 PM on Friday the 15th, followed by Cookies with Santa from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

Casey's General Stores, Inc. is a Fortune-500 company (NASDAQ CASY) operating 2,000 convenience stores in 15 states throughout the Midwest. Casey's strives to consistently deliver quality gasoline, freshly-prepared foods, clean environments and friendly service at every retail location.

Casey's is currently the fourth largest convenience store chain, and the fifth largest pizza chain in the United States.

CappinHard
December 1st, 2017, 10:08 AM
Congrats to Casey's on this milestone. Also, Casey's has an app where I can get coupons?! Friday made.

Professor Chaos
December 1st, 2017, 10:18 AM
On a completely unrelated note this thread is about to hit #2 all-time in terms of posts on the FCSD board at AGS. And we're within spitting distance of the almighty chattown for #1!

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4522/24893461678_f0fdca19dc_z.jpg

POD Knows
December 1st, 2017, 10:21 AM
On a completely unrelated note this thread is about to hit #2 all-time in terms of posts at AGS. And we're within spitting distance of the almighty chattown for #1!

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4522/24893461678_f0fdca19dc_z.jpg2,852 posts on one freaking game, how is that even possible

UNIFanSince1983
December 1st, 2017, 10:30 AM
I am here for the record.

Professor Chaos
December 1st, 2017, 10:32 AM
2,852 posts on one freaking game, how is that even possible
With 99% of those coming in a one week span (12/10/11-12/17/11). It was an epic week of smack talk.... the end of the week was even better (35-7 win by NDSU).

Bison56
December 1st, 2017, 10:46 AM
2,852 posts on one freaking game, how is that even possible

GOAT IMO

buttbama

IBleedYellow
December 1st, 2017, 10:55 AM
If UNI wins more than 3 games this year I'll think about changing my avatar back to UNI.

Seriously. The O/U for UNI should be 3.5.

I'll get back to you in a few weeks if we've hired any coaches

*cough*

dewey
December 1st, 2017, 11:03 AM
Hell yeah! #1 here we come.

Dewey

neverobeyed
December 1st, 2017, 11:25 AM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/68198751/hold-my-beer-ive-got-this.jpg

ST_Lawson
December 1st, 2017, 11:34 AM
Keeping the dream alive...

My MVFC preview of the 2nd week of the playoffs has earned the Coach P "Seal of Approval"... (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-playoffs-round-2-preview/)

https://i.imgur.com/nK9kxMz.jpg

clenz
December 1st, 2017, 11:36 AM
*cough*

I said I’d think about it. I’ve still been to more MVSU games in person than UNI this season.

cx500d
December 1st, 2017, 05:17 PM
I said I’d think about it. I’ve still been to more MVSU games in person than UNI this season.

Sorry to hear that.

Thumper 76
December 2nd, 2017, 12:03 AM
On a completely unrelated note this thread is about to hit #2 all-time in terms of posts on the FCSD board at AGS. And we're within spitting distance of the almighty chattown for #1!

Just want to note that my MVFC thread has passed IBY’s MVFC thread xcoffeex

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2017, 12:27 AM
PARTY AT THE GOAT HOUSE!

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2017, 12:28 AM

Second biggest win in SDSU program history.

TheKingpin28
December 2nd, 2017, 12:34 AM
PARTY AT THE GOAT HOUSE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQP6E2lbncQ

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 01:02 AM

Is the biggest their football National Championship:D

Dewey

ST_Lawson
December 2nd, 2017, 01:25 AM

Of course it did...this one was (unofficially) sponsored by Casey's Pizza....it can't lose (I thought we established that last year...proximity to Casey's = wins).

Redbird 4th & short
December 2nd, 2017, 08:09 AM
Of course it did...this one was (unofficially) sponsored by Casey's Pizza....it can't lose (I thought we established that last year...proximity to Casey's = wins).

and get 10 cents per gallon of gas discount on your next fill up with purchase of said gas station pizza just by mentioning this thread .. win win !!! xdrunkyx

NDSUtk
December 2nd, 2017, 09:12 AM
Ran into two guys this morning at Casey's in Fargo. They had two breakfast pizzas for tailgating. Kudos to them!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bison56
December 2nd, 2017, 10:03 AM

Doesn't get any better than this, shut it down.

Thumper 76
December 2nd, 2017, 10:07 AM

I’m just here to pick up W’s

SUPharmacist
December 2nd, 2017, 10:17 AM

What is it going to take to catch up to that NDSU vs Georgia Southern thread's view totals?

Thumper 76
December 2nd, 2017, 11:24 AM
What is it going to take to catch up to that NDSU vs Georgia Southern thread's view totals?

A more catchy title?

clenz
December 2nd, 2017, 11:36 AM
A more catchy title?

http://www.voletic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/featured-blog-image_clickbaiting.png

Thumper 76
December 2nd, 2017, 11:42 AM
http://www.voletic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/featured-blog-image_clickbaiting.png

I was thinking something along the lines of:
MVFC 2017- Scandals, Prison, Upsets, AND MORE
*brought to you by Casey’s Breakfast Pizza and all things not ****ty*

uni88
December 2nd, 2017, 11:52 AM
Now the question is what is it going to take to catch the Chattanooga Laughing thread totals?

clenz
December 2nd, 2017, 03:42 PM
Now the question is what is it going to take to catch the Chattanooga Laughing thread totals?

That’s easy. We have like 4 months before the 2018 thread should be started at spring ball time.

Only 115 posts from passing it.

We could get there by next weekend with ease.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171202/a5da5fab17803ca56b6b2860158399c6.jpg

ST_Lawson
December 2nd, 2017, 06:16 PM
and get 10 cents per gallon of gas discount on your next fill up with purchase of said gas station pizza just by mentioning this thread .. win win !!! xdrunkyx

Nah, I get my caseys discounts with my hyvee fuelsaver perks card.

Also, 2018 thread needs to be sponsored by Caseys, hyvee, and porn.

dewey
December 2nd, 2017, 06:19 PM
Record here we come.

Dewey

Thumper 76
December 2nd, 2017, 06:37 PM
and porn.

Annnnnnnnd that’s how you set the views record. You sly son of a bitch xlolx

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2017, 07:26 PM
NDSU and SDSU in Frisco. And it'll happen. You heard it here first!

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2017, 07:54 PM
I just ate at a buffet in Sioux Falls that had the Casey’s cheesy potato bites. Best buffet ever. xlolx

POD Knows
December 2nd, 2017, 07:56 PM
NDSU and SDSU in Frisco. And it'll happen. You heard it here first!yea, that would be awesome, we would get to listen to the very original chant, "**** the Bison" for two or three days.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 07:57 PM
I just ate at a buffet in Sioux Falls that had the Casey’s cheesy potato bites. Best buffet ever. xlolx

So you went to a restaurant that serves gas station products? wow....just wow...

- - - Updated - - -

yea, that would be awesome, we would get to listen to the very original chant, "**** the Bison" for two or three days.

Best take an Uber to the game....

clenz
December 2nd, 2017, 08:10 PM
This is my 220th post of this thread. Just felt like adding another post to my count that is meaningless non football talk.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2017, 08:11 PM
This is my 220th post of this thread. Just felt like adding another post to my count that is meaningless non football talk.

Better watch out, Harvey Milks is going to flame you for that!

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2017, 08:17 PM
yea, that would be awesome, we would get to listen to the very original chant, "**** the Bison" for two or three days.
They would bring dozens of fans down to north Texas.... dozens I say!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2017, 08:21 PM

Pfftt.....NDSU would have 90% of the fans if SDSU made it....:D.....xthumbsupx

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2017, 08:37 PM
So you went to a restaurant that serves gas station products? wow....just wow...

- - - Updated - - -

Best take an Uber to the game....

It was Sioux Falls’ largest buffet. We had no idea that Hibachi would also have cheesy potato bites. They also had a chocolate fountain. I should change my avatar again. Maybe a Bison in a kitchen would look cool....xsmiley_wix

Winterborn
December 2nd, 2017, 08:39 PM

That would require SDSU to be able to bring a good game. xwhistlex

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2017, 08:40 PM

You think there's ticket controversy now......... xlolx

Winterborn
December 2nd, 2017, 08:43 PM
You think there's ticket controversy now......... xlolx

I think there is a good chunk of NDSU folks who bought tickets to Frisco back when they when on sale. Not as many as years prior, but enough to make it real interesting to people who wait till the last minute to buy them.

F'N Hawks
December 2nd, 2017, 08:44 PM
Gotta be NDSU's easiest road to Frisco they have ever had, no? They are going to be on cruise control til January.

Evolution Prime
December 2nd, 2017, 08:45 PM
PARTY AT THE GOAT HOUSE!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/Mobile%20Uploads/4ed664f53811e_zpsxsb9y5im.jpg

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2017, 08:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/Mobile%20Uploads/4ed664f53811e_zpsxsb9y5im.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/iF3fD9BbNVhxm/giphy.gif

SUPharmacist
December 2nd, 2017, 09:20 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lKie-vgUGdI

CappinHard
December 2nd, 2017, 11:03 PM
It was Sioux Falls’ largest buffet. We had no idea that Hibachi would also have cheesy potato bites. They also had a chocolate fountain. I should change my avatar again. Maybe a Bison in a kitchen would look cool....xsmiley_wix

Oh no... You came to Sioux Falls and ate there?! That place is bad. Very bad.

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2017, 11:06 PM
Oh no... You came to Sioux Falls and ate there?! That place is bad. Very bad.

I had 7+ hours of driving. Buffets are a quick in and out. It was exactly as expected, outside of the potato bites. ;)

Bisonwinagn
December 3rd, 2017, 01:25 AM
Gotta be NDSU's easiest road to Frisco they have ever had, no? They are going to be on cruise control til January.

Not sure about that. NDSU will have the best opponent next week.

RabidRabbit
December 3rd, 2017, 06:53 AM
Pfftt.....NDSU would have 90% of the fans if SDSU made it....:D.....xthumbsupx

Yea, NDSU RVers need to pick up some Rabbit fans along the route down just so we have a few there. 😛

cx500d
December 3rd, 2017, 07:45 AM
Yea, NDSU RVers need to pick up some Rabbit fans along the route down just so we have a few there. 

Bison with empty seats should register with Uber and make some cash out of brookings and sioux falls.

Hey Rabid, since you work in downtown Frisco, is the stadium done?

NDSUtk
December 3rd, 2017, 07:50 AM
It looks like the end zone is available so I'd expect more seats coming up for sale.

https://twitter.com/ToyotaStadiumTX/status/936321196194332672

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Evolution Prime
December 3rd, 2017, 10:03 AM
Celebrating an SDSU with some Casey's Bacon Breakfast Pizza. #ShamelessSponsorPlug

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/Mobile%20Uploads/1203170959_zpsauae3dcq.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 3rd, 2017, 10:07 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pizza looks good the hat.......great for starting my fire in the shop....:D.....xthumbsupx

cx500d
December 3rd, 2017, 10:09 AM
Celebrating an SDSU with some Casey's Bacon Breakfast Pizza. #ShamelessSponsorPlug

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/Mobile%20Uploads/1203170959_zpsauae3dcq.jpg

https://media1.tenor.com/images/5005de22e35e055805b02f916f365fb0/tenor.gif?itemid=4745152

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2017, 02:35 PM

Casey's! That hat, not so much.

cx500d
December 3rd, 2017, 02:52 PM
Casey's! That hat, not so much.

The hat is to catch the hurl

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2017, 02:56 PM
The hat is to catch the hurl

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/le-miiverse-resource/images/1/17/42600-kill-it-with-fire-gif--scorpio-iZRK.gif/revision/latest?cb=20151027223331

Thumper 76
December 3rd, 2017, 03:00 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pizza looks good the hat.......great for starting my fire in the shop....:D.....xthumbsupx

https://youtu.be/G6_mYYXL6Pg

ST_Lawson
December 4th, 2017, 02:47 PM
How much football do we want?.....

https://i.imgur.com/MCg9Cs4.jpg?1

MVFC Playoffs Week 2 in Review (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-playoffs-week-2-in-review/)

NDSUtk
December 4th, 2017, 05:30 PM
I guess UND is still hitting the weights hard this year. This is an actual UND student (per her profile) but I seriously expected it to be an AGS poster. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171204/d8c40cbb83a2a60668cd9a00c88cfe9b.jpg

Bison56
December 5th, 2017, 09:01 AM
I guess UND is still hitting the weights hard this year. This is an actual UND student (per her profile) but I seriously expected it to be an AGS poster. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171204/d8c40cbb83a2a60668cd9a00c88cfe9b.jpg

xbowx

Bisonator
December 5th, 2017, 10:03 AM
https://youtu.be/G6_mYYXL6Pg (https://youtu.be/G6_mYYXL6Pg)

That's a tough hat! :D

Bisonator
December 5th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Hey Yote fans if Kent State hires Nielson are you guys going after Charlie Fisher next? Asking for a friend.:D

ST_Lawson
December 5th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Hey Yote fans if Kent State hires Nielson are you guys going after Charlie Fisher next? Asking for a friend.:D

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/fc/fc898d5be73c15b78536a799e465b96e9ccabe1d1a782c7043 8d7162d345f78c.jpg

caribbeanhen
December 5th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Real pizza

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Appears that Bob Nielson is staying at South Dakota and getting a hefty extension/raise despite not having any contact or interest *wink-wink* with Kent St regarding their open head coaching position.

http://kwsn.com/news/articles/2017/dec/05/what-we-know-bob-nielson-and-kent-state-reports/

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Appears that Bob Nielson is staying at South Dakota and getting a hefty extension/raise despite not having any contact or interest *wink-wink* with Kent St regarding their open head coaching position.

http://kwsn.com/news/articles/2017/dec/05/what-we-know-bob-nielson-and-kent-state-reports/

Those darn Russians and the fake news got him a raise.xlolx

ST_Lawson
December 8th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Down to two MVFC teams left in the playoffs, so this week is all about...

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/dakotas_cast.jpg
http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-playoffs-week-3-preview/ (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-playoffs-week-3-preview/)

dewey
December 8th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Down to two MVFC teams left in the playoffs, so this week is all about...

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/dakotas_cast.jpg
http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-playoffs-week-3-preview/ (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-playoffs-week-3-preview/)

Good write up as always.

Dewey

WeAreThePride
December 8th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Not sure about that. NDSU will have the best opponent next week.
Nope. JMU will have their hands full with the Bunnies. The Puppies will fold before the Bison. 38-17 Bookit.

mmiller_34
December 8th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Nope. JMU will have their hands full with the Bunnies. The Puppies will fold before the Bison. 38-17 Bookit.

Nope.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2017, 10:13 PM
In honor of our group text and not wanting Rev to feel left out I also went

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/364518381048823813/385216720421519363/YArNjFttQB6WBdMut8gaDg.png?width=548&height=495https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/364518381048823813/385219976295874571/image.png?width=349&height=300

The reactions were worth it...

General reactions include

Oh dear god.

JFC CALM DOWN SATAN

God I hate that and am fascinated by them at the same time. However, I will murder you.The shsu logo looks better than the original

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

F'N Hawks
December 10th, 2017, 04:38 PM

Like I said. Now they are 20-point favorites for Sam Houston at home.

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 04:44 PM

I guess with those odds Sam Houston might as well stay home. I guess you are proven right.

Hammerhead
December 10th, 2017, 05:12 PM

Based on the Sagarin ratings, JMU is the only team outside of the MVFC that would less than a 14-point underdog playing in the Fargodome.

cx500d
December 10th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Based on the Sagarin ratings, JMU is the only team outside of the MVFC that would less than a 14-point underdog playing in the Fargodome.

I don't put too much faith in those point spreads....

ST_Lawson
December 11th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Good thing the other two games were exciting, because the two MVFC matchups were booooooring.

https://cdn.footballexpressnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Sleeping-football-fan-640x400.jpg

http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-playoff-week-3-in-review/ (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-playoff-week-3-in-review/)

ST_Lawson
December 15th, 2017, 11:33 AM
Semifinals weekend....
http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-4-preview-semifinals/

https://i.imgur.com/Z6MYkpA.jpg

F'N Hawks
December 15th, 2017, 08:17 PM
Like I said. Easiest route they ever had.

MTfan4life
December 15th, 2017, 08:29 PM
Like I said. Easiest route they ever had.

The route in 2013 was easier seed and record wise. They played Furman, then a still young Coastal Carolina who had just upset Montana, and finally a New Hampshire team that was one of the last teams in the playoffs and had just won 3 straight road playoff games. At least in this one they have faced two different teams with seeds.

WeAreThePride
December 16th, 2017, 07:16 AM
There are only 3 teams in the FCS which would make for a difficult path to Frisco. We're one of them, and the other two are playing this afternoon.

ST_Lawson
December 16th, 2017, 07:27 AM
There are only 3 teams in the FCS which would make for a difficult path to Frisco. We're one of them, and the other two are playing this afternoon.

I think an argument could be made for Weber State as well. They're a very tough, MVFC-style team. Beat WIU by 2 and then lost to JMU by 3...most of us probably watched that second one and know that WSU really made it a game with the Dukes. I think that they probably could have kept it close and exciting with just about anybody.

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Fun fact: 58 more comments and this thread will overtake the 2013 UTC championship thread for title of the most commented on thread in AGS history.

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Fun fact: 58 more comments and this thread will overtake the 2013 UTC championship thread for title of the most commented on thread in AGS history.

https://i.giphy.com/media/Izrg9VUZfSjaE/giphy.webp

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2017, 02:07 PM
On the FCS Discussion board at least. There's a few post padding threads in the Lounge I think that blows away anything on the FCSD board in terms of posts.

dewey
December 17th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Fun fact: 58 more comments and this thread will overtake the 2013 UTC championship thread for title of the most commented on thread in AGS history.Go Bison!

Dewey https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171218/b8136374b1af05ba76222224d3b97585.jpg

ST_Lawson
December 17th, 2017, 08:45 PM
On the FCS Discussion board at least. There's a few post padding threads in the Lounge I think that blows away anything on the FCSD board in terms of posts.

I don't think there's any way we're going to be able to compete with porn.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2017, 09:04 PM
I don't think there's any way we're going to be able to compete with porn.
*sigh* How many times have I uttered this very sentence to my wife....

TMI???

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2017, 09:06 PM
*sigh* How many times have I uttered this very sentence to my wife....

TMI???

xlolx

ST_Lawson
December 18th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Semifinals in Review...
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce....and Bunnies turn the ball over again

https://i.imgur.com/it5APXi.gif (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-playoff-semifinals-in-review/)

dewey
December 18th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Semifinals in Review...
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce....and Bunnies turn the ball over again

https://i.imgur.com/it5APXi.gif (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-playoff-semifinals-in-review/)

Great write up as always.

Dewey

mmiller_34
December 18th, 2017, 05:25 PM
We are so close to being able to start the MVFC 2018 Thread

cx500d
December 18th, 2017, 05:25 PM
We are so close to being able to start the MVFC 2018 Thread

Hopefully you can find a better sponsor.

Bison56
December 18th, 2017, 05:37 PM

Suggestions?

cx500d
December 18th, 2017, 05:38 PM
Suggestions?

Hamm's?

TheKingpin28
December 18th, 2017, 05:43 PM
Hamm's?

Michgolden Light FTW

cx500d
December 18th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Michgolden Light FTW

Oh puhleaze, if not Hamm's, Grain Belt.

Bison56
December 18th, 2017, 05:49 PM

I can back the Grain Belt. Get the **** out of here with that MGD light ****. xlolx

Thumper 76
December 18th, 2017, 06:03 PM

Keep your TX opinion to yourself xcoffeex

TheKingpin28
December 18th, 2017, 06:04 PM

I can back the Grain Belt. Get the **** out of here with that MGD light ****. xlolx

As long as it is Premium. Oh and **** that ****! MGD Light or bust for the case race. No to Keystone, Natty, Hamms, or PBR

ST_Lawson
December 18th, 2017, 06:23 PM
I already suggested porn a while back.
Or maybe we just go with "The 2018 Hy-Vee/Casey's Pizza Thread (with special guest MVFC Football)"

cx500d
December 18th, 2017, 06:29 PM
I already suggested porn a while back.
Or maybe we just go with "The 2018 Hy-Vee/Casey's Pizza Thread (with special guest MVFC Football)"

Lame

ST_Lawson
December 18th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Lame

"201X Bison National Champions Thread....and some other mediocre teams too"

TheKingpin28
December 18th, 2017, 06:37 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/42/17/ac/4217acc3c0f9e54e8232e9ed509e6b92.gif

Bison56
December 18th, 2017, 06:37 PM
Nailed it!

or how about NDSU and the coat tail riders?

TheKingpin28
December 18th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Nailed it!

or how about NDSU and the coat tail riders?

Too much #MVFCBias in this post

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2017, 07:12 PM
I think "The 2018 MVFC Megathread - brought to you by Pornhub" has a nice ring to it.

Would probably keep the hoity-toity coastal riff raff out of the thread too.

dewey
December 18th, 2017, 07:36 PM
"201X Bison National Champions Thread....and some other mediocre teams too"Well that would be acceptable.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171219/da8ab31f35bb698565fe0785fb1e51d2.jpg

Dewey

Bison56
December 18th, 2017, 07:43 PM
I think "The 2018 MVFC Megathread - brought to you by Pornhub" has a nice ring to it.

I will second this

TheKingpin28
December 18th, 2017, 08:14 PM

https://i.giphy.com/media/3oeSAD00YsGzUPTmqA/giphy.webp

Winterborn
December 18th, 2017, 10:24 PM

Got my vote!

https://media3.giphy.com/media/6mb4o6Jg81wnS/giphy.gif

ST_Lawson
December 19th, 2017, 12:13 AM

This...this right here.

Thumper 76
December 19th, 2017, 03:16 AM

Yes. This. Yes this.

clenz
December 19th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Anything other than Casey's is a travishamockery.

clenz
December 19th, 2017, 09:04 AM
My account got put back on auto-moderation due to changing my email address so I need 10 posts so i can have approval needed turned off.

To the most posted thread in FCS history we go

clenz
December 19th, 2017, 09:05 AM
Pornhub is also too obvious. We need it to be something more subtle.

Try xHamster

clenz
December 19th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Or Thaflix

clenz
December 19th, 2017, 09:07 AM
Or Tube8

clenz
December 19th, 2017, 09:08 AM
According to a chive article I googled to see what sites exists to suggest other things Pornhub is 11th. We can't be sponsored by the 11st most visited site

clenz
December 19th, 2017, 09:08 AM
Wait, they did it in reverse order. Pornhub is indeed #1

clenz
December 19th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Also, there are some really bad site names out there. slutload? Really? I can't imagine typing that into a browser and going "LET'S DO THIS"

To each their own I guess.

clenz
December 19th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Are my posts showing up to others yet?

Bison56
Also, there are some really bad site names out there slutload? Really? I can't imagine typing that into a brower and going "LET'S DO THIS"

Slow down, I'm trying to write these down!

cx500d
Also, there are some really bad site names out there slutload? Really? I can't imagine typing that into a brower and going "LET'S DO THIS"

Yes, people who look at it at work should have fun with their IT people

clenz
December 19th, 2017, 09:12 AM
Having a pron site sponsor our thread might keep some out.

Chances are it will get douchecanoes like floodedchicken to come in and go "typical normative mvfc pron bias" and cry about it

clenz
December 19th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Yes, people who look at it at work should have fun with their IT people
I turned wifi off on my phone and googled "most visited porn sites" from there rather than my work PC....just to be extra safe.xlolx

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2017, 09:35 AM

Try xHamster

Just give me something. Imagine if they made a video that featured Casey's Breakfast Pizza on one of these sites.

Edit: Damn me for not knowing the difference between Sights and Sites in the morning.

ST_Lawson
December 19th, 2017, 09:37 AM
My account got put back on auto-moderation due to changing my email address so I need 10 posts so i can have approval needed turned off.

To the most posted thread in FCS history we go

https://i.giphy.com/media/U2BASTIsaw8WQ/200_s.gif

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Having a pron site sponsor our thread might keep some out.

Chances are it will get douchecanoes like floodedchicken to come in and go "typical normative mvfc pron bias" and cry about it

why not just call it the MVFC bias thread brought to you by Caribbean Hen.

Winterborn
December 19th, 2017, 09:57 AM
why not just call it the MVFC bias thread brought to you by Caribbean Hen.

That depends on what you bring to the table? Can you compete with pizza or porn?

- - - Updated - - -

Try xHamster

or xvideo......

cx500d
December 19th, 2017, 10:03 AM
how about ...sponsored by City of Frisco

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2017, 10:10 AM
or Paul McCartney and Wings Conference 2018 comeback tour

Bison56
December 19th, 2017, 10:42 AM
or Paul McCartney and Wings Conference 2018 comeback tour

I thought that was reserved for the CAA?

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2017, 10:57 AM
I thought that was reserved for the CAA?

the real Paul will take a bow on Jan 6th.... but yea I get that

uni88
December 19th, 2017, 11:03 AM
I thought that was reserved for the CAA?The CAA is more like the Spice Girls. Popular way back in history for reasons people have forgotten but then they faded into obscurity. Every now and then one of the members will pop back in the news before fading away again.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bison56
December 19th, 2017, 11:12 AM
The CAA is more like the Spice Girls. Popular way back in history for reasons people have forgotten but then they faded into obscurity. Every now and then one of the members will pop back in the news before fading away again.

xlolx

clenz
December 19th, 2017, 11:18 AM
What's interesting is betting only on MVFC bias would pay out massive money in Vegas. This year the MVFC is 27-12 outside of playing each other. Winning 70% of your bets it's probably a pretty good rate - especially if you blindly ignore everything and just go on bias.

Of those 12 losses 3 belong to winless Indiana State, 2 to hapless Missouri State and 2 to UNI who decided to take the OOC off. 6 of them belong to FBS programs.

Not too shabby.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2017, 11:22 AM
The CAA is more like the Spice Girls. Popular way back in history for reasons people have forgotten but then they faded into obscurity. Every now and then one of the members will pop back in the news before fading away again.

haha, if that's true what was the predecessor to the MVFC back in those days....... Garbage.. ?

Lehigh'98
December 19th, 2017, 11:22 AM
What's interesting is betting only on MVFC bias would pay out massive money in Vegas. This year the MVFC is 27-12 outside of playing each other. Winning 70% of your bets it's probably a pretty good rate - especially if you blindly ignore everything and just go on bias.

Of those 12 losses 3 belong to winless Indiana State, 2 to hapless Missouri State and 2 to UNI who decided to take the OOC off. 6 of them belong to FBS programs.

Not too shabby.

Is that 27-12 against the spread or straight up?

clenz
December 19th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Is that 27-12 against the spread or straight up?
I'm not tracking down the spread from ****ing EIU/Indiana State from September.

Lehigh'98
December 19th, 2017, 11:36 AM
I'm not tracking down the spread from ****ing EIU/Indiana State from September.

Just asking dude.

clenz
December 19th, 2017, 01:25 PM
WE DID IT!!!!!

THIS POST OFFICIALLY BREAKS THE RECORD FOR MOST POSTS IN 1 THREAD!!!!!!

SUCK IT NERDS!!!

BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26822&stc=1

dewey
December 19th, 2017, 01:49 PM
WE DID IT!!!!!

SUCK IT NERDS!!!

BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26823&stc=1

Go Bison!

Dewey

TheKingpin28
December 19th, 2017, 03:32 PM
WE DID IT!!!!!

SUCK IT NERDS!!!

BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!

I'm always the second most famous.

ST_Lawson
December 19th, 2017, 03:37 PM
SUCK IT NERDS!!!

Hey now...I'm a nerd and I don't want to be sucking on anything.

CappinHard
December 19th, 2017, 04:11 PM

Not too shabby.

The problem is to break even going 27-12 betting on the moneyline, you would have to average odds of -150, which is about a 3 point favorite. My guess is that the average moneyline is higher than -150 considering MVFC teams are usually heavily favored when playing out of conference.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2017, 04:20 PM
The problem is to break even going 27-12 betting on the moneyline, you would have to average odds of -150, which is about a 3 point favorite. My guess is that the average moneyline is higher than -150 considering MVFC teams are usually heavily favored when playing out of conference.
Are you saying Vegas (or 5dimes more accurately) has MVFC bias????

CappinHard
December 19th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Are you saying Vegas (or 5dimes more accurately) has MVFC bias????

Ha, they go by the computer models, and we all know the models are clearly biased toward the MVFC, so yes. :D

Winterborn
December 19th, 2017, 05:39 PM
WE DID IT!!!!!

SUCK IT NERDS!!!

BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!

No can do, I bow to no man. :D

PS: Post 3000 xbowx