PDA

View Full Version : MVFC 2017- Brought to you by Casey's Pizza

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

Yote 53
October 17th, 2017, 10:01 AM
It will be an interesting matchup between Streveler and 250 lb DeLuca.

Simmons is probably good but there is bound to be some drop off if Streveler goes down.

I think there would be a temporary drop off as USD figures out their new identity, how they game plan and attack an opposing defense with the different set of tools they have to work with. But I don't think they drop that bad.

Yotes21
October 17th, 2017, 10:07 AM
It will be an interesting matchup between Streveler and 250 lb DeLuca.

Simmons is probably good but there is bound to be some drop off if Streveler goes down.

I don't look forward to DeLuca and Cox on the field at the same time.

Yote84
October 17th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the facts about undefeated MVFC/Gateway teams. Still it is hard for me to believe that USD will go undefeated (I think USD loses in Fargo as well) and even in many of NDSU's great years they still lost 3 games (2011 YSU, ISU in 2012 and USD in 2015) they still lost to a team that shocked everyone.

Dewey

USD is still not a very deep team. Especially in the trenches so the end of the year has to potential to get ugly. I do not think we win in Fargo and the UNI game worries me a little.

Honestly most USD fans thought we would be a decent team this year but the team is far better than what even we expected. We could go 1-4 with the remaining schedule we have or 4-1. Neither would surprise me and neither would be disappointing when we were picked 7th in the league. Most USD fans I know simply felt like we were going to be good enough to make the playoffs and if we win this weekend that should be a very likely possibility.

Yote84
October 17th, 2017, 10:42 AM
USD is having a great season so far but it sure seems like everything offensively centers around Streveler. Take him away and would USD be the same team?

They would not be the same. Of course not. Streveler is a very smart individual (has 2 undergrad and one masters already. working on second masters) and has been using his arm more and less of his legs in conference play. Simmons played the 4th quarter this last weekend and looked very good again. But if asked to replace Streveler at some point this season it would definitely not be the same team.

Yote 53
October 17th, 2017, 11:37 AM
My contention is the team would not be the same but that doesn't necessarily mean it would not be as good. I think the offense would still be potent, it would just be effective in different ways.

dewey
October 17th, 2017, 11:46 AM
I vaguely remember before the season that a Coyote fan (I don't recall who exactly) said that USD would be better than SDSU. There is certainly a lot of season left but that person might very well be true.

South Dakota has been very impressive.

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
October 17th, 2017, 11:49 AM
So just going by stats (have not seen much of USD this year). It would appear no matter who you put in there is going to be an offensive drop off if Streveler is out. He's completing 67% of his passes. Has thrown 17 TDs with 0 INTs. He also has 8 rushing TDs while running for 74 ypg. I am sorry, but that is a true dual threat. I don't care if you think the backup is a better passer there is no way he is going to be able to do what Streveler is doing for that offense without a drop off. The threat of run and having to spy Streveler does open the passing game up. The threat of Streveler running opens the run game up. There will be a gigantic offensive drop off unless you have Streveler 2.0 as his backup.

Coyote Fan
October 17th, 2017, 07:22 PM
Well the question of how much of a drop off would occur without Streveler will be answered no later then the start of next year. What people don't mention often enough is coach Bob Nielson. He is the biggest reason for this turnaround and that is considering how good of a year Streveler is having. The Coyotes have good offensive coaches and would Streveler have developed the same in a different program? Much of what Streveler is doing is his own doing but the Coyote coaching staff has a huge hand in this. He doesn't make the leap he has made this year without plenty of guidance. Either way I am extremely proud of what Chris has accomplished leading the team.

This is still an improving program that is at least a year ahead of schedule. With what the Coyotes will lose in Streveler they will gain with another year of Nielson and better players playing key rolls. Right now USD has to look awfully good to a recruit. They play indoors in a up tempo exciting offense and they will likely be able to say after this year that they are finally a serious contender instead of lip service and false hope which has unfortunately been the past for the most part. The Coyotes have gone from one of the least athletic teams to one of the most athletic and they should continue to improve with the quality of players they should be able to get.

South Dakota is making a big commitment to their entire athletic department with both money and vision so the rise of the program isn't by total coincidence. This is the first time I can ever remember the Coyotes being good in Football, Men's Basketball and Women's Basketball all at the same time. USD is putting themselves in a position to be a desirable candidate if the college sports conference landscape continues to shift. The Coyotes used to lag quite a ways behind NDSU and SDSU but that gap is pretty much gone as far as the strength of their teams is concerned. It is a welcome change for the University of South Dakota.

CappinHard
October 17th, 2017, 11:14 PM
I completely agree in Nielson and his staff. Such a huge hire for USD. As much as I enjoyed seeing them be irrelevant for so long, it's better for the conference overall and should end up driving SDSU to be better, especially if USD's success continues.

ST_Lawson
October 20th, 2017, 11:01 AM
MVFC Week 8 Preview (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-8-preview-2/)

Thumper 76
October 20th, 2017, 12:52 PM
I vaguely remember before the season that a Coyote fan (I don't recall who exactly) said that USD would be better than SDSU. There is certainly a lot of season left but that person might very well be true.

South Dakota has been very impressive.

Dewey

That would be Yote 53. Dude nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clenz
October 20th, 2017, 01:04 PM

The only to to exist before week 3 or 4 this year.

dewey
October 20th, 2017, 01:14 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI knew it was a Yote with a 2 digit number just wasn't sure which one.

Dewey

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yotes21
October 20th, 2017, 01:34 PM
I knew it was a Yote with a 2 digit number just wasn't sure which one.

Dewey

I should have went with Yote69.

UNIFanSince1983
October 20th, 2017, 01:36 PM

Dewey

Isn't that all of them?

Winterborn
October 20th, 2017, 02:00 PM

Dewey

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jLS-JBnFiGI/VH8gC8uFqsI/AAAAAAAAw_w/iodX8qUBrAo/s1600/Star-Wars-stormtroopers.jpeg

CappinHard
October 20th, 2017, 02:50 PM
I should have went with Yote69.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/dr-evil-right.gif

Thumper 76
October 20th, 2017, 02:52 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/dr-evil-right.gif

He’s just so witty

Sycamore62
October 21st, 2017, 07:50 PM
Well at least ISUb is consistent this year.

IBleedYellow
October 21st, 2017, 08:03 PM
Valley bloodbath today.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 21st, 2017, 09:50 PM
Holy crap!!

Streveler for USD threw the ball 63 times against Ill State....xeekxxeekxxeekxxeekx....that is 3 games worth for Stick.....

ST_Lawson
October 21st, 2017, 10:04 PM
Holy crap!!

Streveler for USD threw the ball 63 times against Ill State....xeekxxeekxxeekxxeekx....that is 3 games worth for Stick.....

Yea, you look at his yardage and stuff and you'd think he completely torched them. He got his first two INTs of the season today too though, so that hurt a lot.

ST_Lawson
October 23rd, 2017, 01:24 PM
MVFC Week 8 in Review (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-8-in-review/)

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 01:38 PM
Holy crap!!

The way UNI is getting after the QB since moving to a 3-3-5 monster would have Strevler not finishing the game.

Hopefully UNI can force USD into a similar situation in a couple weeks.

If not? Strevler is a dangerous mother ****er.

Bisonator
October 23rd, 2017, 01:52 PM
xpopcornx

UNIFanSince1983
October 23rd, 2017, 02:36 PM
I feel like Streveler is probably built to take hits. He is not a small guy listed at 6'2 220. I am not sure why everyone assumes a QB cannot take hits. He is a bigger dude then probably a lot of the running backs in the league.

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2017, 02:42 PM
I feel like Streveler is probably built to take hits. He is not a small guy listed at 6'2 220. I am not sure why everyone assumes a QB cannot take hits. He is a bigger dude then probably a lot of the running backs in the league.
For me, the big problem is the QB can't come out of the game and he handles the ball every play. If an RB or WR takes a big hit he can go to the sideline and gather himself for a play or 3 before heading back out there. I think hits take more of a cumulative effect when you can't come out of the game.

FargoBison
October 23rd, 2017, 02:42 PM

I do kind of question how he would handle that doing it back to back weeks on the road against UNI and NDSU.

Doubt he would survive that many pass attempts.

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 03:13 PM
Taking that many hits and still having to gather yourself to run the offense, make the reads, make the checks, and make the throws is another. RBs just have to take the ball and hit the hole. There isn't nearly as much thinking required for that position.

They also aren't protected all camp, all practice and every game like a QB is from getting hid

Professor Chaos
October 23rd, 2017, 04:55 PM
It's quite the slate of games in the MVFC this week. All 8 MVFC teams receiving votes in the AGS poll play each other.

#14 SDSU @ #8 WIU - Loser drops to 2-3 in conference and 5-3 overall and is getting dangerously close to the playoff bubble.
#22 UNI @ #2 NDSU - Winner is in first place in the conference.
#20 ISUr @ #23 YSU - YSU is done if they lose, ISUr is all but done if they lose given they'd need to win 2 of their remaining 3 (WIU, @SDSU, NDSU).
#32 SIU @ #5 USD - SIU could announce themselves as a legit playoff contender and USD's dream season could be slipping away with an SIU win or USD gets back on track ahead of their 3 game gauntlet (@UNI, @NDSU, vs SDSU) to end the season.

...and then there's ISUb @ MSU - I guess at least someone will get off the winless in conference schneid in the MVFC toilet bowl.

clenz
October 23rd, 2017, 05:12 PM
Ain’t that some ****? UNI wins this weekend and they are in first place, yet many still don’t want them ranked.

Redbird 4th & short
October 23rd, 2017, 06:18 PM
I do kind of question how he would handle that doing it back to back weeks on the road against UNI and NDSU.

Doubt he would survive that many pass attempts.

so Streveler survived our game throwing 63 passes .. you should ask some of the Yotes fans how much we chased him and how hard we hit him all game. He finished with 8 rushes for 29 yards, with 22 yards coming on one play. He seemed to make very conscious effort to not run on us - he only pulled off one good run. While passing those 63 times, we got just 2 sacks, though many many near sacks. But more reflective of the game and why we held them to 21 points ... was how many QBHs we got, which typically ended with rushed pass underneath and Streveler taking another very hard hit. We got 15 QBHs on Streveler in our game. His prior 6 games, Streveler only endured 10 QBHs total in the 6 games combined. Many of Strevelers completions were broken plays underneath, which is how we were able to hold them to 21 points. Very similar in strategy to our SDSU game last season, which we won by similar score. My point is .. while you guys wonder if he would survive your defenses throwing 63 passes .. just ask the Coyote posters what our Redbirds did to him saturday. And no matter how hard we hit him, he just got back and hobbled back to huddle or sideline. Very tough kid .. but we hit him harder and more times in one game than he has been hit in prior 6 games combined. I'm willing to bet the under on UNI or NDSU with 15 QBHs + 2 sacks = 17 pressures .. while holding him to 8 carries for 29 yards.

CappinHard
October 23rd, 2017, 09:27 PM
So fun watching Wentz tear it up on MNF. I don't get to watch him enough and I didn't appreciate him enough when he was at NDSU. One of those guys that's really easy to root for.

Right on cue, he makes an amazing play for his 3rd TD tonight. Superstar in the making.

semobison
October 23rd, 2017, 10:07 PM
So fun watching Wentz tear it up on MNF. I don't get to watch him enough and I didn't appreciate him enough when he was at NDSU. One of those guys that's really easy to root for.

Right on cue, he makes an amazing play for his 3rd TD tonight. Superstar in the making.

Yup, Carson putting on a show on MNF and Gruden is trying to become an honorary North Dakotan!

JSUSoutherner
October 23rd, 2017, 10:10 PM

After watching him escape that sack on third down I all for giving him the MVP trophy right now. He's been incredible.

Yotes21
October 23rd, 2017, 10:25 PM
It is really hard not to like Carson Wentz. In a league full of prima-donna's this guy is about as wholehearted as you can get. I am rooting for Wentz. I'm sure this has been posted, but if you have not watched it..take a look.

https://youtu.be/Dxvc4JFQrNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxvc4JFQrNA&feature=youtu.be

Redbird 4th & short
October 23rd, 2017, 11:56 PM
It is really hard not to like Carson Wentz. In a league full of prima-donna's this guy is about as wholehearted as you can get. I am rooting for Wentz. I'm sure this has been posted, but if you have not watched it..take a look.

https://youtu.be/Dxvc4JFQrNA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxvc4JFQrNA&feature=youtu.be
true authenticity and empathy here .. sometimes these things feel like players obliging to do what their agent or team tells them to do to improve their or their teams image .. not in a bad way, but a bit too staged .. not this time. thank for posting.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 24th, 2017, 06:47 AM
SDSU @ WIU is huge this week.

I'm going with the Necks at home. Their offense is balanced and have a good defense. With SDSU's mediocre defense, they have to outscore teams which they certainly can do.

neverobeyed
October 24th, 2017, 08:23 AM
...and then there's ISUb @ MSU - I guess at least someone will get off the winless in conference schneid in the MVFC toilet bowl.

I like your optimism. I'm thinking they both find a way to lose.

ST_Lawson
October 24th, 2017, 08:31 AM

Yea. I liked him when he was playing at NDSU (just not when we had to go against him) and now I can go all-in on rooting for him. I'm a Bears fan, but Wentz is my favorite NFL QB by quite a bit. I didn't win my game, but dude got me 32 points in my fantasy football league this week.

He's always come off as a great guy, very humble and just happy to be able to play football for a living.

JSUSoutherner
October 24th, 2017, 08:38 AM
Yea. I liked him when he was playing at NDSU (just not when we had to go against him) and now I can go all-in on rooting for him. I'm a Bears fan, but Wentz is my favorite NFL QB by quite a bit. I didn't win my game, but dude got me 32 points in my fantasy football league this week.

He's always come off as a great guy, very humble and just happy to be able to play football for a living.
The rest of your team must have blew chunks then. I put up 164 points this week. I was at 124 or so even before Alshon and Wentz played last night.

ST_Lawson
October 24th, 2017, 08:40 AM
The rest of your team must have blew chunks then. I put up 164 points this week.

We use Yahoo. The highest score for anyone last week was 110.52, so I think it must be a different point system.

Also, I had Marshawn Lynch and he got kicked out of the game early. All of 0.9 points from him :(

JSUSoutherner
October 24th, 2017, 08:43 AM
We use Yahoo. The highest score for anyone last week was 110.52, so I think it must be a different point system.

Also, I had Marshawn Lynch and he got kicked out of the game early. All of 0.9 points from him :(

That'll do it. I'm in an ESPN PPR league. I had 78 just between Gurley, Shady, and Tyreek Hill.

ST_Lawson
October 24th, 2017, 08:48 AM
That'll do it. I'm in an ESPN PPR league. I had 78 just between Gurley, Shady, and Tyreek Hill.

Damn, they all had phenomenal scores last week too. They'd get you ~60 points in our league for this last week.

Sycamore62
October 24th, 2017, 08:48 AM

Incorrect. It is easy to hate him, just like I hate all of you.

ST_Lawson
October 24th, 2017, 09:12 AM
Redbird peeps...had a question about tickets to the WIU @ ILSU game. Do you guys know of any secondary market that has tickets to the game?
If not...how good/bad is the view from the Touchdown Terrace area? Those are essentially the only seats left for the game and I was really hoping to go to it.

Schism55
October 24th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Haha! Well played sir
/bow

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 24th, 2017, 12:42 PM

You're going to have a tough year when ISUb finishes 0-11.

dewey
October 24th, 2017, 01:14 PM

Nah it is easier to hate everyone when you lose every game:D

Dewey

Redbird 4th & short
October 24th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Redbird peeps...had a question about tickets to the WIU @ ILSU game. Do you guys know of any secondary market that has tickets to the game?
If not...how good/bad is the view from the Touchdown Terrace area? Those are essentially the only seats left for the game and I was really hoping to go to it.

Lawson .. I didn't realize they opened up TD Terrace to public - thought it was private tent situation. Not real familiar as I've never tried to buy those tickets.

... the not so good ... you are behind the end zone

... the good .. I'm pretty sure it is only place around stadium (besides the luxury suites), that sells alcohol

PM me if you are looking for some Redbirds to tailgate with .. despite the rumors, most of us are quite friendly. We don't bite unless someone bites us first.

ST_Lawson
October 24th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Lawson .. I didn't realize they opened up TD Terrace to public - thought it was private tent situation. Not real familiar as I've never tried to buy those tickets.

... the not so good ... you are behind the end zone

... the good .. I'm pretty sure it is only place around stadium (besides the luxury suites), that sells alcohol

PM me if you are looking for some Redbirds to tailgate with .. despite the rumors, most of us are quite friendly. We don't bite unless someone bites us first.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it. My usual travel partners for road games backed out. If I can get a ticket, I might just drive over myself, in which case, I'd be up for tailgating.

It's the getting the ticket part that might be a problem though. I was looking on ISU's ticketing site and it did show availability for the lawn on the north end and the terrace at the south end, but idk for sure (didn't actually go through the purchasing process). Another page did mention there were private tents in that area too, but that there are "general admission" tickets to the terrace.

If you happen to know of someone that might be looking to sell a ticket for something relatively close to face value (or less...less is good too), I might be interested.

REALBird
October 24th, 2017, 01:39 PM

Not sure about the secondary market. Just keep watching the weather. If it gets cold enough there will be tickets to be had for little to nothing.

If u want to get the Touchdown Terrace tickets you’ll be in the South End Zone. Slightly above field level. Really not bad seats, but I hate sitting in the End Zone

ST_Lawson
October 24th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Not sure about the secondary market. Just keep watching the weather. If it gets cold enough there will be tickets to be had for little to nothing.

If u want to get the Touchdown Terrace tickets you’ll be in the South End Zone. Slightly above field level. Really not bad seats, but I hate sitting in the End Zone

Yea, I'm pretty familiar with the stadium (I was there twice in 2015). I'd prefer not being at the end zone, but I'd also prefer being at the game to sitting at home watching it on TV. Especially since it's the 100th game.

Stubhub has them at $85 for the cheapest currently, but I'll keep an eye on things. Thanks.

Redbird 4th & short
October 24th, 2017, 01:56 PM

Don't know of any secondary markets. Wouldn't hurt to call ticket office and ask: the Redbird Ticket Office (http://goredbirds.com/staff.aspx?staff=325) at (309) 438-8000

What's sad is we have many season ticketholders who won't show up .. so the nicer seats on new east/home side may only be 90% filled. For homecoming win over USD only reported 12,100 attendance, despite 13,400 near sell out. Amazingly, with SRO we did 13,400 sell out for the InSU game

You may have already found this page on goredbirds site. Going to cost you 45 bucks. Below is the info:

http://goredbirds.com/news/2016/9/1/football-fans-with-new-options-for-games-at-hancock-stadium.aspx

Heller Stores Touchdown Terrace

Single-game location priced at $40 ($45 for Family Weekend and Homecoming), with each ticket including a voucher for a hot dog and soft drink
Sodexo will operate a cash bar (only place in stadium), featuring 16 oz. draft beers sold for $5
Unique field-level viewing location offers the closest location to the action on the field, with bleacher seating, as well as multiple high-top tables available to watch the game from under the tent cover

Again ... PM me if you're looking to tail gate. I'm real close to north end zone .. 3 minute walk into stadium.

Redbird007
October 24th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Yea, I'm pretty familiar with the stadium (I was there twice in 2015). I'd prefer not being at the end zone, but I'd also prefer being at the game to sitting at home watching it on TV. Especially since it's the 100th game.

Stubhub has them at $85 for the cheapest currently, but I'll keep an eye on things. Thanks.

ST I may have two tickets for you but I will not know for sure until the wife advises if we definately have to go to a Northwestern alumni event on that day. If so you can have my tickets which are located in the middle or the ISU donor section near the 50 yard line. I will not know until Thursday or Friday of this week and I will let you know then but I am 90% sure we can't make the ISU game.

btw..I let my reluctance to give ISU football tickets to a rival team's fan go since you do so much work week to writing the Stat MVC articles.

cpacmel
October 24th, 2017, 02:06 PM

Why not just buy them thru WIU? They should have a decent allotment this far out. Section 121, not terrible either:
https://ev9.evenue.net/evenue/linkID=illinoisst/core/seating_charts.html#hancock

ST_Lawson
October 24th, 2017, 02:10 PM
Why not just buy them thru WIU? They should have a decent allotment this far out. Section 121, not terrible either:
https://ev9.evenue.net/evenue/linkID=illinoisst/core/seating_charts.html#hancock

Sold out: http://wiu.edu/wiucalendar/index.sphp?control=view&id=30954&calendars[]=2
Otherwise I would have.

ST I may have two tickets for you but I will not know for sure until the wife advises if we definately have to go to a Northwestern alumni event on that day. If so you can have my tickets which are located in the middle or the ISU donor section near the 50 yard line. I will not know until Thursday or Friday of this week and I will let you know then but I am 90% sure we can't make the ISU game.

btw..I let my reluctance to give ISU football tickets to a rival team's fan but go since you do so much work week to writing the Stat MVC articles.

That would be awesome. Shoot me a message either way. Even if that doesn't work out and you guys are at the game, if I can get a ticket elsewhere, we'll have to meet up and say hi. Thanks.

Sycamore62
October 24th, 2017, 02:15 PM

Nah it is easier to hate everyone when you lose every game:D

Dewey

Im confident 11-0 would result in the same hatred.

cpacmel
October 24th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Sold out: http://wiu.edu/wiucalendar/index.sphp?control=view&id=30954&calendars[]=2
Otherwise I would have.

I would double check with your athletic department just on the ability to buy tickets only. No pregame stuff.

I do know all the hotels in the B/N are sold out and have been for several weeks now.

X-Factor
October 24th, 2017, 02:40 PM

I think we warned about this at the beginning of the season when 62 still thought they would win 5 or 6 (approx)

ST_Lawson
October 24th, 2017, 02:48 PM
I would double check with your athletic department just on the ability to buy tickets only. No pregame stuff.

I do know all the hotels in the B/N are sold out and have been for several weeks now.

I did, entire WIU allotment is sold out. Thankfully I don't need to worry about a hotel. Macomb to Normal is only ~2 hours drive, so I'll be driving over and back the same day.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 24th, 2017, 02:52 PM
I think we warned about this at the beginning of the season when 62 still thought they would win 5 or 6 (approx)

62: you really thought the Sycs would win 5 or 6 this year?

#bringbackmiles

Sycamore62
October 24th, 2017, 04:20 PM
62: you really thought the Sycs would win 5 or 6 this year?

#bringbackmiles

well we lost to eiu on the last play. Lost a solid Dimitri Taylor who seemed to do something everytime he touched the ball. We lost to liberty on a blocked fg from the 2yd line. weve lost 2 linemen and i dont even know who else. I figured we could beat SIU and MSU then someone else.

Redbird007
October 25th, 2017, 10:21 PM
Otherwise I would have.

That would be awesome. Shoot me a message either way. Even if that doesn't work out and you guys are at the game, if I can get a ticket elsewhere, we'll have to meet up and say hi. Thanks.

The tickets are yours if you want them ST Lawson. Unfortunately I will need to be in the Chicagoland area the day of the game. Send me a pm on details for Fedexing.

BisonTru
October 25th, 2017, 10:27 PM
The tickets are yours if you want them ST Lawson. Unfortunately I will need to be in the Chicagoland area the day of the game. Send me a pm on details for Fedexing.

Good on you man. This is a nice gesture for a fellow AGSers. Hope you gets some rep. It's much deserved.

ST_Lawson
October 25th, 2017, 10:32 PM

You are a spectacular human being. Pm sent.

Redbird007
October 25th, 2017, 10:43 PM
thank you . St Lawson seems to be a stand up guy and a big part of AGS so it was an easy gesture.

Redbird 4th & short
October 25th, 2017, 11:07 PM
Good man 007.

Lawson, my offer stands to join our tailgate before and/or after game .. I'm bringing the Coleman stove and doing omelettes made-to-order in morning; others in group do usual grilled stuff before and after game .. reportedly may also be alcohol involved. PM me to connect if you're look to tailgate .. we're within 30 yards of stadium.

p.s. its family day so you want to get there early for parking.

Redbird 4th & short
October 25th, 2017, 11:23 PM
Good man 007.

Lawson, my offer stands to join our tailgate before and/or after game .. I'm bringing the Coleman stove and doing omelettes made-to-order in morning; others in group do usual grilled stuff before and after game .. reportedly may also be alcohol involved. PM me to connect if you're look to tailgate .. we're within 30 yards of stadium.

p.s. its family day so you want to get there early for parking.

p.s.s. bring nothing if you come, unless you happen by a Casey's and have to fill up on gas .. then a slice of their pepperoni or sausage would be nice gesture. I want to decide for myself how over-rated it really is.

CappinHard
October 26th, 2017, 08:43 AM
p.s.s. bring nothing if you come, unless you happen by a Casey's and have to fill up on gas .. then a slice of their breakfast pizza would be nice gesture. I want to decide for myself how over-rated it really is.

fify

BisonFan02
October 26th, 2017, 08:44 AM
fify

Not pizza.

clenz
October 26th, 2017, 09:32 AM
Not pizza.
And a philly cheese steak isn't a steak...

Bison56
October 26th, 2017, 09:34 AM
p.s.s. bring nothing if you come, unless you happen by a Casey's and have to fill up on gas .. then a slice of their pepperoni or sausage would be nice gesture. I want to decide for myself how over-rated it really is.

Like Cappin says its the breakfast pizza (sausage) that you want them to bring.

ST_Lawson
October 26th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Like Cappin says its the breakfast pizza (sausage) that you want them to bring.

I'll do my best.

BisonFan02
October 26th, 2017, 10:06 AM
And a philly cheese steak isn't a steak...

Nope. But that's a sandwich. Not a pizza imposter. Nobody is trying to pass off a philly as a filet.

WeAreThePride
October 26th, 2017, 10:36 AM
I'm a little frightened to admit I like Casey's.

Redbird 4th & short
October 26th, 2017, 04:04 PM
I'm a little frightened to admit I like Casey's.

Fargo is a very long way from Chicago .. so you are forgiven.

WeAreThePride
October 27th, 2017, 06:36 AM
Page two is unacceptable. Go Bison!

ST_Lawson
October 27th, 2017, 01:02 PM
MVFC Week 9 Preview (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-9-preview-2/)

underdawg
October 27th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Your right--you are a homer. SIU game will be a toss-up like it was last year, not 21 points

ST_Lawson
October 27th, 2017, 02:43 PM
Your right--you are a homer. SIU game will be a toss-up like it was last year, not 21 points

If I was a homer, wouldn't I pick SIU to win over USD? I dislike USD much more strongly than I dislike SIU right now. I just think that your defense doesn't match up well with stopping Streveler, and last year's game was in Carbondale, in a season where South Dakota went 4-7. The absolute worst they can finish now is 6-5. SIU has a good offense, but your defense isn't all that great right now.

Last year SIU won by 7 in Carbondale. I think USD is WAY better than they were last year and it's in Vermillion.

If I'm way off base, I will absolutely be eating crow in my Week 9 in review article.

ST_Lawson
October 27th, 2017, 04:24 PM
Deja vu...

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/status/924004234160324608

Redbird 4th & short
October 27th, 2017, 06:36 PM

nicely done as usual

underdawg
October 27th, 2017, 08:43 PM
If I was a homer, wouldn't I pick SIU to win over USD? I dislike USD much more strongly than I dislike SIU right now. I just think that your defense doesn't match up well with stopping Streveler, and last year's game was in Carbondale, in a season where South Dakota went 4-7. The absolute worst they can finish now is 6-5. SIU has a good offense, but your defense isn't all that great right now.

Last year SIU won by 7 in Carbondale. I think USD is WAY better than they were last year and it's in Vermillion.

If I'm way off base, I will absolutely be eating crow in my Week 9 in review article.

I was joking about the homer thing since you did infer that you were. As far as the game with USD, we seem to match up (what ever that really is) well with USD--21 points is a lot given the history of the two teams--but maybe your right

ST_Lawson
October 27th, 2017, 09:16 PM
I was joking about the homer thing since you did infer that you were. As far as the game with USD, we seem to match up (what ever that really is) well with USD--21 points is a lot given the history of the two teams--but maybe your right

Cool cool...no problem.

The way I look at it with regards to matchups is:

Now that USD has lost a game...how did that happen...how did Illinois State beat them? (also relevant...how did YSU come so close to beating them). In both cases, they were able to take away the ability of Streveler to run and make the offense one-dimensional. Outside of their game against Drake (where he didn't have to run), only YSU and ILSU held him under 50 yards rushing. In Illinois State's case, they still gave up 440 passing yards to him, which is amazing that they did that and held them to only 21 points. Part of that was INT's...Streveler's first two of the season were against ILSU, although the second one was when ILSU was already up 34-21 and there was like 5-6 minutes left in the game, so it was fully into "risky play time". ISU also defended longer passes well, limiting USD to 7 yards per completion on passing (almost half his current average of 13.97). So they'd give up short passes, but didn't give up much in the way of big plays (there was one 50-yard TD pass, everything else was quite a bit shorter).

Offensively, SIU has the guys to put up points on USD, but I don't know that your run defense is good enough to stop him from picking up first downs on the ground. My initial projection of 21 points is probably a bit much for the spread...it was really just a gut reaction...just felt like USD was ready for a huge game...but that's the number that jumped out at me. If SIU wants to win, your guys are going to have to hold Streveler to under 50 yards rushing, 0 rushing TDs (YSU and ILSU are the only teams to stop him from running across the goal line this season), and your offense will have to do what they did against Illinois State. Straub will have to have a great passing game with very few mistakes.

I will say, I'm not really an X's and O's kinda guy. I'm not great with knowing what specific defensive schemes work best against certain types of offenses, and stuff like that. I know that Western moving to a 3-4 as opposed to the 4-3 defense we had last year helps us take advantage of our depth and talent at LB and gives them more ability to help to defend the pass (which is what we SERIOUSLY struggled with last year), but if I had to compare the type of offense and defense you guys and USD play (other than knowing that Streveler is a dual-threat running QB, for example)...then I'm a little out of my depth...so I could be completely missing something.

Personally, I don't really have a dog in this fight (saluki or coyote) since my Leathernecks aren't really in a position right now where we need to root for someone else to win or lose for us to get a good spot in the playoffs or anything. 5Dimes has their current spread on your game at 11, which I do think USD will probably cover unless Strab plays absolutely lights-out and your defense really steps up, but maybe somewhere between 12 and 16 point margin is more likely than my initial 21 points.

underdawg
October 28th, 2017, 03:46 AM
Cool cool...no problem.

The way I look at it with regards to matchups is:

Now that USD has lost a game...how did that happen...how did Illinois State beat them? (also relevant...how did YSU come so close to beating them). In both cases, they were able to take away the ability of Streveler to run and make the offense one-dimensional. Outside of their game against Drake (where he didn't have to run), only YSU and ILSU held him under 50 yards rushing. In Illinois State's case, they still gave up 440 passing yards to him, which is amazing that they did that and held them to only 21 points. Part of that was INT's...Streveler's first two of the season were against ILSU, although the second one was when ILSU was already up 34-21 and there was like 5-6 minutes left in the game, so it was fully into "risky play time". ISU also defended longer passes well, limiting USD to 7 yards per completion on passing (almost half his current average of 13.97). So they'd give up short passes, but didn't give up much in the way of big plays (there was one 50-yard TD pass, everything else was quite a bit shorter).

Offensively, SIU has the guys to put up points on USD, but I don't know that your run defense is good enough to stop him from picking up first downs on the ground. My initial projection of 21 points is probably a bit much for the spread...it was really just a gut reaction...just felt like USD was ready for a huge game...but that's the number that jumped out at me. If SIU wants to win, your guys are going to have to hold Streveler to under 50 yards rushing, 0 rushing TDs (YSU and ILSU are the only teams to stop him from running across the goal line this season), and your offense will have to do what they did against Illinois State. Straub will have to have a great passing game with very few mistakes.

I will say, I'm not really an X's and O's kinda guy. I'm not great with knowing what specific defensive schemes work best against certain types of offenses, and stuff like that. I know that Western moving to a 3-4 as opposed to the 4-3 defense we had last year helps us take advantage of our depth and talent at LB and gives them more ability to help to defend the pass (which is what we SERIOUSLY struggled with last year), but if I had to compare the type of offense and defense you guys and USD play (other than knowing that Streveler is a dual-threat running QB, for example)...then I'm a little out of my depth...so I could be completely missing something.

Personally, I don't really have a dog in this fight (saluki or coyote) since my Leathernecks aren't really in a position right now where we need to root for someone else to win or lose for us to get a good spot in the playoffs or anything. 5Dimes has their current spread on your game at 11, which I do think USD will probably cover unless Strab plays absolutely lights-out and your defense really steps up, but maybe somewhere between 12 and 16 point margin is more likely than my initial 21 points.

By the way, I'm originally from Abingdon Illinois (38 miles from Macomb) and got my undergrad degree from WIU--my favorite coach was Darrel Mudra from the 1970's, but have lived in Carbondale since 1972, so have mixed feelings about the Leathernecks-- but most instate teams have some animosity toward each other

- - - Updated - - -

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2017, 06:45 AM

USD will roll SIU at home.

Houndawg
October 28th, 2017, 07:06 AM

Not really, imo. If the game were in Cdale I'd agree but we don't play well on the road.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2017, 07:28 AM

I always enjoy reading these every week. Great job on this and continuing to do it!

SDSU's defense is not good and watching WIU last weekend, I think they can move the ball with ease because they are so well balanced.

WIU by 2 TDs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 28th, 2017, 07:33 AM
Interesting looking at the worst defenses in the FCS:

5 out of the bottom 10 are Big Sky teams....no surprise....xlolx

The worst defense in the FCS is Missouri State....no surprise either.

cx500d
October 28th, 2017, 08:33 AM
By the way, I'm originally from Abingdon Illinois (38 miles from Macomb) and got my undergrad degree from WIU--my favorite coach was Darrel Mudra from the 1970's, but have lived in Carbondale since 1972, so have mixed feelings about the Leathernecks-- but most instate teams have some animosity toward each other

- - - Updated - - -

Mudra is a good choice; he started the NDSU dynasty

ST_Lawson
October 28th, 2017, 08:56 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I remember you mentioning that before. My parents are originally from Monmouth and Oquaka and I have a lot of family that lived in Oneida, so I'm pretty familiar with the area.

I actually don't have a lot of animosity towards the other state schools personality. I think that comes from us all being kinda in the same boat with regards to state funding. We're all getting pretty well screwed by the state government, so it kinda feels like kicking someone when they're down to be rooting against them unless we're actually playing them.

underdawg
October 28th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Mudra started a lot of good programs--wasn't he at UNI once?

ST_Lawson
October 28th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Mudra started a lot of good programs--wasn't he at UNI once?

Actually we had this discussion a few weeks ago...probably 80 or so pages back in this thread ;)

Mudra coached at NDSU, WIU, EIU, and UNI and was successful at all (and is in the HOF for all four schools).
He also coached at Arizona and Florida State, although he wasn't as successful at the FBS level. Bobby Bowden took over at Florida State right after Mudra was let go there (after only two years) and he said that he was able to be nearly immediately successful (10-2 his second year) in large part because of the guys that Mudra brought in.

Redbird 4th & short
October 28th, 2017, 10:22 AM
This story peaked my curiosity, and I just caught up on google ... this guy had one incredible career. So I decided to do chronology of this guy ... his finger prints are all over MVFC and FCS programs. Can only guess he liked the challenge of turning around programs and then got bored ??? But he never experience much D-I A success, though he laid foundation for Florida St by making them at least competitive while going 1-10 and 3-8, and did turn Arizona into winning team .. very curious why he left Arizona at time after getting them to 8-3 paling in WAC.

Started head coaching at age of 30 at Adams St

1957-58, Adams St was 1-17-1, then 1959-62 Adams St went 32-4-1 under Mudra, same division as NDSU back then.

1962 NDSU was 0-10 under prior coach, then Mudra took over to go 3-5 in 1963 followed up with 10-1 in 1964 and 11-0 in 1965. Was 24-6 in 4 years.

1966 Arizona (WAC) was 3-7 under prior coach, then Mudra took over to go 3-6-1 in 1967, but then went 8-3 in 1968 and left before making them power house.

1968 WIU was 2-7-1 under prior coach, then Mudra took over and went 8-2 in 1969 to win conference, and 39-13 over 5 years.

1973 Florida was 0-11 under prior coach, Mudra took over and only managed 1-10 and then 3-8. But his first year he lost to #13 Pitt by just 3 and #3 Alabama by just 1 in a game they had won if not for taking a safety and then giving up a FG to lose. Only program he did not turn around inside of 1 or 2 years.

1977 EIU was 1-10 under prior coach, then Mudra took over and went 12-2 in 1978 and won D-11 championship. He left after going 11-1-1 in 1982 losing in quarterfinals. Was 47-15-1 in 6 years.

1981-82 (just went D-I AA) UNI was 9-12-1 under prior coach, then Mudra took over and went 6-5 followed by 9-2, when Gateway was just formed, and won 2 conference championships, ranking 4th nationally and losing both years in semis .. before retiring around age of 53.Was 43-16-1 in 5 seasons.

This guy had incredible career and left quiet a footprint all over what is now FCS level football.

I never heard of Coach Mudra until others posted how good of a coach he was .. so i did some research and posted above chronology on page 217 of this thread. Go there to see what others posted. Incredible history at D-II then into FCS level .. in terms of turning around programs quickly, I can't believe there has ever been anyone better at any level .. but certainly at FCS level .. took bad teams to great teams usually within a year everywhere he went.

grizband
October 28th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Youngstown State has 32 yards...at the half! xrotatehx

Sycamore62
October 28th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Ive noticed that since the JFL season has ended our MVFC officials have become available again

ST_Lawson
October 28th, 2017, 03:26 PM
Ive noticed that since the JFL season has ended our MVFC officials have become available again

They're definitely present here in Macomb. Seriously questionable calls.

CappinHard
October 28th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Sounds like Streveler got hurt? Did anyone see it? Did it look serious?

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2017, 03:42 PM

Houndawg is watching but they have not clarified the injury.

Yotes21
October 28th, 2017, 04:44 PM

There has been no report on Streveler, but I would guess he is done for the day... Neilson said if he is out for the year USD will forfeit their remaining games.

Schism55
October 28th, 2017, 05:40 PM
There has been no report on Streveler, but I would guess he is done for the day... Neilson said if he is out for the year USD will forfeit their remaining games.
Bitchy much? Miss pilates this morning?
It's a huge deal if he's hurt, be nice to know whats going on.

Yotes21
October 28th, 2017, 05:47 PM
Bitchy much? Miss pilates this morning?
It's a huge deal if he's hurt, be nice to know whats going on.

Its a joke bud, who's uptight? Don't worry the Bison will beat us with or without him.

He was warming up at halftime and appeared to look ok, at least was throwing ok...Guessing they are keeping him out as a precaution but that is speculation.

Schism55
October 28th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Its a joke bud, who's uptight? Don't worry the Bison will beat us with or without him.

He was warming up at halftime and appeared to look ok, at least was throwing ok...Guessing they are keeping him out as a precaution but that is speculation.
Sarcasm comes thru in print about as well as Pedro Martinez English /sigh
Good to know, hope he's ok. They mentioned it at the tail end of NDSU broadcast.

ST_Lawson
October 28th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Had to hit the road right after the wiu sdsu game, heading north to visit family. I'll check back in when I'm finished flipping tables.

Kemo
October 28th, 2017, 06:44 PM
I'm assuming Straub got hurt early in the game as well? Can't imagine SIU wanted to go with the backup who was tossing TDs left and right to the Coyotes if they didn't have to.

UNIFanSince1983
October 28th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Judging by the box score either Straub got hurt or benched. And Isom was also hurt and didn't return either. So by far SIU's two best options on offense did not play much.

Professor Chaos
October 28th, 2017, 07:58 PM
USD beat writer seems to think Streveler will be back next week against UNI.

https://twitter.com/mickgarry/status/924422754949931008

UNI and NDSU's defense in back to back weeks is not who you want your QB to be facing if he has a tender shoulder though...

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2017, 08:19 PM
USD beat writer seems to think Streveler will be back next week against UNI.

https://twitter.com/mickgarry/status/924422754949931008

UNI and NDSU's defense in back to back weeks is not who you want your QB to be facing if he has a tender shoulder though...

Especially when both of those defenses will be wanting to avenge losses xcoffeex

Professor Chaos
October 28th, 2017, 08:22 PM
Especially when both of those defenses will be wanting to avenge losses xcoffeex

Don't you have some sandbags to pile up still? :D

dustinthorn93
October 28th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Good game SDSU.

WIU doesn't look good. They haven't played well in a couple of weeks. Needed to score with 7 seconds left to beat UNI, needed a storm delay to fend off a MSU comeback, and looked bad int he second half against NDSU. Then this week. Honestly would be a little surprised if they make the playoffs. ISUr looks a ton better, SIU passes all the time which WIU still struggles with. Hopefully they can beat ISUb, but 6-5 won't cut it.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2017, 08:32 PM
Good game SDSU.

WIU doesn't look good. They haven't played well in a couple of weeks. Needed to score with 7 seconds left to beat UNI, needed a storm delay to fend off a MSU comeback, and looked bad int he second half against NDSU. Then this week. Honestly would be a little surprised if they make the playoffs. ISUr looks a ton better, SIU passes all the time which WIU still struggles with. Hopefully they can beat ISUb, but 6-5 won't cut it.

There were a couple key moments that allowed SDSU to really blow the game open. Plus this was the first game I’ve seen in a long time that TC was on his game.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2017, 08:37 PM
Don't you have some sandbags to pile up still? :D

I was correct I believe. That’s not sandbagging anything, it’s being ahead of the curve.

underdawg
October 28th, 2017, 09:15 PM
I'm assuming Straub got hurt early in the game as well? Can't imagine SIU wanted to go with the backup who was tossing TDs left and right to the Coyotes if they didn't have to.

Straub broke his wrist (throwing arm) the first series and unfortunately for us Saluki fans is out for the year

ST_Lawson
October 28th, 2017, 10:12 PM
Straub broke his wrist (throwing arm) the first series and unfortunately for us Saluki fans is out for the year

Damn, that sucks. You guys get him back for one more year right? If I'm remembering right, he's a junior?

underdawg
October 29th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Yeh it's too bad--not sure we can beat even the Bears without him

cx500d
October 29th, 2017, 11:00 AM
Yeh it's too bad--not sure we can beat even the Bears without him

Well at least you got ISUb behind you

underdawg
October 29th, 2017, 12:18 PM
And ISU red

ST_Lawson
October 30th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Week 9 in review (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-9-in-review/)

Sycamore62
October 30th, 2017, 07:18 PM

I thought he took way too many hard hits against us for me to think him running the ball was a good idea ever. it seemed like he would get 12yds then get thunderdomed.

Yotes21
November 1st, 2017, 12:39 PM
https://twitter.com/MoonEmojii/status/924709544151994368

Whether or not you are for pineapple, this is an atrocity.

(Not sure how to get the tweet to show up if anyone can help)

CappinHard
November 1st, 2017, 01:51 PM

Strawberries on salads? Fine (although it better also have bacon on it to balance things out). Strawberries on pizza? Now someone has crossed a line and should be banished from America.

UNIFanSince1983
November 1st, 2017, 01:59 PM
I normally hate pineapple on pizza, but the other night my wife and I got a Pacific Rim from Mellow Mushroom (very good pizza BTW). It had ham, bacon, carmelized onions, pineapple, and jalapeno. It was amazing! I think the sweet and the spicy just mixed so well together.

Bisonator
November 1st, 2017, 02:02 PM

WTF is the world coming too.xnonono2x

CappinHard
November 1st, 2017, 02:05 PM
Looking at the remaining games of the top 4 teams in the conference, and there are some tough schedules... Who do you think has the toughest remaining games?

NDSU - @SDSU, USD, @ISUr

USD - @UNI, @NDSU, SDSU

ISUr - WIU, @SDSU, NDSU

SDSU - NDSU, ISUr, @USD

My vote would be USD... going to UNI, who needs to win out, and to NDSU, then finishing up with SDSU, who may need a win to get into the playoffs at that point... just brutal.

If I ranked them from toughest to least toughest, I would go USD, NDSU, SDSU, ISUr.

UNIFanSince1983
November 1st, 2017, 02:10 PM
USD and NDSU both have 2 road games. I guess it comes down to if you think UNI is tougher than ISUr.

Also NDSU has a disadvantage since they cannot have NDSU on their remaining schedule.

CappinHard
November 1st, 2017, 02:13 PM
USD and NDSU both have 2 road games. I guess it comes down to if you think UNI is tougher than ISUr.

Also NDSU has a disadvantage since they cannot have NDSU on their remaining schedule.

I think they're similar talent wise, but from a desperation standpoint, UNI is much more desperate and therefore probably more dangerous at this point. Also, I just think it's a bad matchup for USD. UNI is built to stop the run.

POD Knows
November 1st, 2017, 02:19 PM
The Hawaii Pie-O at Pizzerialola in south Minneapolis is awesome.

https://www.pizzerialola.com/menu/

BisonTru
November 1st, 2017, 03:41 PM
Looking at the remaining games of the top 4 teams in the conference, and there are some tough schedules... Who do you think has the toughest remaining games?

NDSU - @(#9)SDSU, (#5)USD, @(#13)ISUr

USD - @(#24)UNI, @(#2)NDSU, (#9)SDSU

ISUr - (#16)WIU, @(#9)SDSU, (#2)NDSU

SDSU - (#2)NDSU, (#13)ISUr, @(#5)USD

I added the rankings into your post. It's just brutal. 4 teams playing all ranked teams to finish out the season. Youngstown went through this in the first half.

Massey's full schedule SOS (btw these are national rankings)

1. Northern Iowa
2. South Dakota St
3. South Dakota
4. Western Illinois
5. Youngstown St
6. Illinois St
7. Missouri St
8. Indiana St
9. North Dakota St
10. Eastern Washington
13. Southern Illinois

F'N Hawks
November 1st, 2017, 03:48 PM
I added the rankings into your post. It's just brutal. 4 teams playing all ranked teams to finish out the season. Youngstown went through this in the first half.

Massey's full schedule SOS (btw these are national rankings)

1. Northern Iowa
2. South Dakota St
3. South Dakota
4. Western Illinois
5. Youngstown St
6. Illinois St
7. Missouri St
8. Indiana St
9. North Dakota St
10. Eastern Washington
13. Southern Illinois

Where did you get those SOS from?

BisonTru
November 1st, 2017, 03:50 PM
Where did you get those SOS from?

Massey. It is their future full schedule SOS.

TheKingpin28
November 1st, 2017, 04:42 PM

This is unacceptable

Coyote Fan
November 1st, 2017, 05:48 PM
I think they're similar talent wise, but from a desperation standpoint, UNI is much more desperate and therefore probably more dangerous at this point. Also, I just think it's a bad matchup for USD. UNI is built to stop the run.

It sure seemed like after the Youngstown game everyone was high on the Coyotes and now everyone seems to be down on them. I don't understand why UNI is a bad match up for the Coyotes other then maybe from a motivational and intangible stand point due to distractions for the Coyotes and desperation from UNI. From a football point of view the Coyotes are a passing team and do very well at it so UNI stopping the run isn't necessarily going to stop the Yotes. The Coyotes are also pretty good against the run although against Illinois State that was the exception. I personally think the key to the game will be the Coyote pass protection vs the UNI pass rush. I think whoever wins that battle wins the game. I have yet to hear from anyone lately that was of the opinion that USD without Streveler will drop off a lot. He only played less then one series and the Yotes still won 42-0 and SIU is not a pushover.

caribbeanhen
November 1st, 2017, 05:56 PM
You guys are way too far away from the eastern seaboard to know anything about pizza got a be thin greasy and cheesy with pepperoni

pineapple pizzas for millennials

Thumper 76
November 1st, 2017, 06:13 PM
It sure seemed like after the Youngstown game everyone was high on the Coyotes and now everyone seems to be down on them. I don't understand why UNI is a bad match up for the Coyotes other then maybe from a motivational and intangible stand point due to distractions for the Coyotes and desperation from UNI. From a football point of view the Coyotes are a passing team and do very well at it so UNI stopping the run isn't necessarily going to stop the Yotes. The Coyotes are also pretty good against the run although against Illinois State that was the exception. I personally think the key to the game will be the Coyote pass protection vs the UNI pass rush. I think whoever wins that battle wins the game. I have yet to hear from anyone lately that was of the opinion that USD without Streveler will drop off a lot. He only played less then one series and the Yotes still won 42-0 and SIU is not a pushover.

With who SIU has out they are a pushover. Their own fans will tell you as much.

NDSUtk
November 1st, 2017, 08:33 PM

(Not sure how to get the tweet to show up if anyone can help)In downtown Fargo they have a place called Blackbird Pizza and they have a sausage and apple pizza. Not going to lie, it's pretty good!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ST_Lawson
November 1st, 2017, 09:16 PM
In downtown Fargo they have a place called Blackbird Pizza and they have a sausage and apple pizza. Not going to lie, it's pretty good!

Hmmm.....I could maybe see that working out. I've had applewood smoked meats before that are good...I've even had an sausage-apple brat that was really good (little bits of apple amongst the sausage meat).
If seasoned right...that could work.

SoDakSA
November 1st, 2017, 09:24 PM
Hmmm.....I could maybe see that working out. I've had applewood smoked meats before that are good...I've even had an sausage-apple brat that was really good (little bits of apple amongst the sausage meat).
If seasoned right...that could work.

Granite City Brewing (not sure how regional it is) has a maple bacon flatbread pizza. I cannot recommend it enough.

CappinHard
November 1st, 2017, 09:44 PM

Don't take it too personal. It's more a reflection of how UNI has been playing and their desperation. Yes, you have passed the ball well, but you have more rushing attempts than anyone in the league. I would argue that UNI has the ability to slow down your running game better than any other team you've played so far. It will be interesting to see how USD reacts. I think UNI is as good as ISUr, and you lost to them. Not to mention that the UNIdome can be a tough place to play. Oh by the way, there may be some distraction in the USD locker room along with some missing talent on the field. Also, SIU isn't that good in the first place. As Thumper mentioned, without Straub they are a pushover.

BisonFan02
November 1st, 2017, 10:10 PM
You guys are way too far away from the eastern seaboard to know anything about pizza got a be thin greasy and cheesy with pepperoni

pineapple pizzas for millennials

This guy gets it.

cx500d
November 1st, 2017, 11:09 PM
This guy gets it.

Yeah, I couldnt rep him any higher

POD Knows
November 2nd, 2017, 06:50 AM
If seasoned right...that could work.Yea, if you are ever up here, check out Blackbird Woodfire Pizza, it is probably the best pizza in town which really isn't saying much.

POD Knows
November 2nd, 2017, 06:52 AM
Granite City Brewing (not sure how regional it is) has a maple bacon flatbread pizza. I cannot recommend it enough.Yep, I have eaten their flatbread pizza's a few times, they are really good. They actually make their sauces and stuff at this place from scratch. They make their marinara and other tomato sauces from scratch, or at least they used to.

Winterborn
November 2nd, 2017, 12:15 PM
Yea, if you are ever up here, check out Blackbird Woodfire Pizza, it is probably the best pizza in town which really isn't saying much.

Blackbird has a pizza called a lumberjack with a sunny side up egg on it, Canadian bacon and smoked bacon. Drizzled with maple syrup. Different but good in my opinion.

Sycamore62
November 2nd, 2017, 01:06 PM
Just curious because all i have seen was scores but is anything going on with Youngstown like major players out? I look at 3 reasonable losses to what I consider solid teams, then a beat down by ISUr.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2017, 01:08 PM
Just curious because all i have seen was scores but is anything going on with Youngstown like major players out? I look at 3 reasonable losses to what I consider solid teams, then a beat down by ISUr.
They lost their backup QB Mays during the UNI game and their offense went into a shell after that. I think he and the starter Wells are still out so they're getting nothing out of their QB right now. I think they've had some injuries on the OL too (but not sure on that) so that's just exacerbated the problem at QB.

Redbird 4th & short
November 2nd, 2017, 01:22 PM
They lost their backup QB Mays during the UNI game and their offense went into a shell after that. I think he and the starter Wells are still out so they're getting nothing out of their QB right now. I think they've had some injuries on the OL too (but not sure on that) so that's just exacerbated the problem at QB.

Mays started the game, and rotated with Davis. We hit Mays hard early a couple times and Davis came in right away. but Mays returned once he got his wind back. But they rotated rest of game. hard to say what happened, but we were able to dominate both sides of ball. Was told they have people playing hurt.

Sycamore62
November 2nd, 2017, 01:30 PM
Id say our only chance is the bus driver getting the wrong travel agenda and taking them to fargo again.

ST_Lawson
November 2nd, 2017, 06:28 PM
The usual...MVFC Week 10 preview (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-10-preview-2/)

caribbeanhen
November 2nd, 2017, 07:29 PM
This guy gets it.

Sometimes

anyway pineapple pizza has been around longer than I would like to admit
the first time I ever heard of it was in 1982, I had been out of Delaware for about a year. I was in a school in Orlando Florida with about 10 other Coast Guard guys ( The 20 Navy guys in the class were not invited ) from all around the country and it was a class decision that we were going to go out for some pizza on Friday night at a place called Godfather's, which at the time I had never heard of

anyway the menu comes in there's two guys in there from California that were insisting on ordering pizza with pineapple on it, I was stunned couldn't freaking believe it. Haha

finally the pizza comes and let's say disappointing was not a horrible enough word to describe it

that's when it hit me kind a hard that I wasn't in Delaware anymore, no more boardwalk pizza for me for a while

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2017, 07:31 PM
Sometimes

anyway pineapple pizza has been around longer than I would like to admit
the first time I ever heard of it was in 1982, I had been out of Delaware for about a year. I was in a school in Orlando Florida with about 10 other Coast Guard guys ( The 20 Navy guys in the class were not invited ) from all around the country and it was a class decision that we were going to go out for some pizza on Friday night at a place called Godfather's, which at the time I had never heard of

anyway the menu comes in there's two guys in there from California that were insisting on ordering pizza with pineapple on it, I was stunned couldn't freaking believe it. Haha

finally the pizza comes and let's say disappointing was not a horrible enough word to describe it

that's when it hit me kind a hard that I wasn't in Delaware anymore, no more boardwalk pizza for me for a while

Godfather's has some dank ass pizza though. Give me their taco pizza any day or a good ole pepperoni and sausage pizza and I'd be content.

cx500d
November 2nd, 2017, 07:43 PM
Godfather's has some dank ass pizza though. Give me their taco pizza any day or a good ole pepperoni and sausage pizza and I'd be content.

I did like their taco pizza and sausage pizza when I was in high school.

caribbeanhen
November 2nd, 2017, 07:47 PM

food has become a microcosm of our society, A big melting pot

whatever happened to Mexican tacos or Italian pizza?

it's even hard to find a real Italian in Little Italy in New York City anymore

cx500d
November 2nd, 2017, 07:48 PM

whatever happened to Mexican tacos in Italian pizza?

I don't know...Where I grew up we didn't have mexicans or italians, so we didn't know any better.

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2017, 07:55 PM

Honestly, I will take a good slice of pizza any day of the week regardless of what is on it. My favorite "national chain" pizza would be Jets Pizza. I have to admit their deep dish corner pizza is actually a solid take on deep dish. Again, this is about chains, not individual or small franchises pizza places.

whatever happened to Mexican tacos or Italian pizza?

it's even hard to find a real Italian in Little Italy in New York City anymore

I will accept whatever consequence comes of this, but Cultural Appropriation happened.

And back to talking about pizza now...

centennial
November 2nd, 2017, 07:58 PM
Screw you guys with the pizza talk. Just came back home after working out, now I want pizza.

cx500d
November 2nd, 2017, 08:00 PM
What's your favorite frozen pizza?

I prefer Tombstone; I usually add on mozzerella, green olives on the pepperoni or pepperoni+Sausage, or the 4 meat. I like the really crunchy crust.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2017, 08:09 PM

I prefer Tombstone; I usually add on mozzerella, green olives on the pepperoni or pepperoni+Sausage, or the 4 meat. I like the really crunchy crust.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.ngin.com/attachments/photo/4865/9425/frozen_large.png

There's usually so much cheese on these bad boys there's no crust left by the time it's cooked.

BisonFan02
November 2nd, 2017, 08:12 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xGeOC6BwCSIZdC/giphy.gif

cx500d
November 2nd, 2017, 08:16 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xGeOC6BwCSIZdC/giphy.gif

Sometimes you don't have the time for a pizza run, especially when you live where no-one deliver and just need a quickhitter...Those lottza's look good but I don't think they have those down here.

caribbeanhen
November 2nd, 2017, 08:17 PM

I was embarrassed to admit it but tombstone sausage pepperoni is pretty good as far as frozen pizza goes but yep frozen pizza needs a little help with the cheese

cx500d
November 2nd, 2017, 08:18 PM
I was embarrassed to admit it but tombstone sausage pepperoni is pretty good as far as frozen pizza goes but yep frozen pizza needs a little help with the cheese

I doctor it with whatever I have; sometimes dice some tomato also.

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2017, 08:26 PM

I would go with Jack's Pizza but Professor Chaos is not wrong with his choice.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/assets.ngin.com/attachments/photo/4865/9425/frozen_large.png

There's usually so much cheese on these bad boys there's no crust left by the time it's cooked.

ST_Lawson
November 2nd, 2017, 08:29 PM
I don't know...Where I grew up we didn't have mexicans or italians, so we didn't know any better.

We had Nigerians (no princes), Indians, Nepalese, and Thai people (I lived really close to campus) when I was growing up. No Italians though (that I was aware of). Learned about some awesome spices for chicken and pork though.

PantherRob82
November 2nd, 2017, 08:44 PM

Tombstone Hulapeno : pepperoni, pineapple and peppers

caribbeanhen
November 2nd, 2017, 09:04 PM
We had Nigerians (no princes), Indians, Nepalese, and Thai people (I lived really close to campus) when I was growing up. No Italians though (that I was aware of). Learned about some awesome spices for chicken and pork though.

So your college was located next to a New York City Department of motor vehicles ?

did they have Indians outside Hawking big bags of Tumeric?

BisonTru
November 2nd, 2017, 09:07 PM
http://media.mwcradio.com/podblogs/uploads/f043e8a7-47ca-489d-b6b2-e7e1d8d4f30f.jpg

This local company is popular up here. I've got some buddies that have moved away and stock pile it on their way back. Personally I've ate so much of it I'm kinda sick of it.

Schism55
November 2nd, 2017, 09:07 PM
So your college was located next to a New York City Department of motor vehicles ?

Think it's oregano :D

ST_Lawson
November 2nd, 2017, 09:09 PM

Not so much...I lived close enough that my school bus stop when I was growing up was in the middle of the married student housing area. Lots of international grad students there. You'd walk past all the apartments and catch smells of all kinds of different things...some amazing...some WTF.

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2017, 09:11 PM
http://media.mwcradio.com/podblogs/uploads/f043e8a7-47ca-489d-b6b2-e7e1d8d4f30f.jpg

This local company is popular up here. I've got some buddies that have moved away and stock pile it on their way back. Personally I've ate so much of it I'm kinda sick of it.

Ever since they sold it and it became "mass produced" the quality went down. I noticed it when I was in Rooters one time on a Tuesday with some friends. We had the frozen "original" and it tasted great a few weeks prior and then had the "new" one and it was mediocre at best.

cx500d
November 2nd, 2017, 09:11 PM
Not so much...I lived close enough that my school bus stop when I was growing up was in the middle of the married student housing area. Lots of international grad students there. You'd walk past all the apartments and catch smells of all kinds of different things...some amazing...some WTF.

i could do without the chicken-fried skunk

X-Factor
November 2nd, 2017, 09:12 PM

I personally have never understood the infatuation. It is a decent pizza, but nothing more. I’d buy it simply because it is local small town product. As far as stocking a trunk of it to take home, LOL...ive seen it happen too.

POD Knows
November 2nd, 2017, 09:13 PM

There's usually so much cheese on these bad boys there's no crust left by the time it's cooked.These are decent if you scrap 1/2 the cheese off, I tried making one of these "as is" once, it sucked.

POD Knows
November 2nd, 2017, 09:15 PM

This local company is popular up here. I've got some buddies that have moved away and stock pile it on their way back. Personally I've ate so much of it I'm kinda sick of it.These things are brutal, these are the frozen pizza's my old man and my brother made in their bar. I couldn't even eat them when I was hammered.

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2017, 09:20 PM
I think they have an actual sit down place in Valley City or at least they used to and some people said the pizza was decent there.

IMO, I would make the drive and have made the drive. I tried getting Thumper to go out there, but our schedules did not always line-up and when they did, we would end up going downtown Fargo instead of driving 61 miles each way to go eat pizza in a town with almost nothing to do. I like to go there but usually if I am on my way to go visit friends in Bismarck.

BisonTru
November 2nd, 2017, 09:21 PM
These things are brutal, these are the frozen pizza's my old man and my brother made in their bar. I couldn't even eat them when I was hammered.

Yeah pretty much every bar this was the only option for a long while. Now there's more options available.

I worked at a couple different bars for awhile that this was the case. So pretty much every shift was this stuff.

POD Knows
November 2nd, 2017, 09:31 PM
Yeah pretty much every bar this was the only option for a long while. Now there's more options available.

I worked at a couple different bars for awhile that this was the case. So pretty much every shift was this stuff.Have you ever had Heggies Pizza's, we used to eat them at this golf course in Redwood Falls, MN and they were pretty good after 18 holes and a 12 pack but I bought a couple a while back, they just weren't the same, not bad but sort of meh.

Yotes21
November 2nd, 2017, 09:34 PM
Yep my local bar has corner pizza, only good if you're hammered. I used to prefer tombstone but their crust just doesn't do it for me. For a frozen pizza give me Jack's thin crust and cover it with jalapenos.

POD Knows
November 2nd, 2017, 09:37 PM
Yep my local bar has corner pizza, only good if you're hammered. I used to prefer tombstone but their crust just doesn't do it for me. For a frozen pizza give me Jack's thin crust and cover it with jalapenos.Here we go, Jacks is cheap and decent, their cheeseburger is actually pretty good. Their crust is good which is half the battle.

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2017, 09:39 PM
Here we go, Jacks is cheap and decent, their cheeseburger is actually pretty good. Their crust is good which is half the battle.

I would go with Jack's Pizza but Professor Chaos is not wrong with his choice.

Seriously? Did you miss this?

BisonFan02
November 2nd, 2017, 09:41 PM
Seriously? Did you miss this?

Jack's is the ramen noodles of pizza.

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2017, 09:43 PM
Jack's is the ramen noodles of pizza.

You're damn right they are good when you're being a cheapskate!

Schism55
November 2nd, 2017, 09:46 PM
You're damn right they are good when you're being a cheapskate!
Hammer-----> Nail head
/hi-5 sir

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2017, 09:48 PM
Hammer-----> Nail head
/hi-5 sir

Why spend 10 bucks on a frozen pizza when I can spend 10 bucks on 4 of them and have 4 days of food instead of 1? If I am spending 10 bucks on a pizza, it better be made fresh and not some frozen brick. 2.50, that is a whole different game.

Professor Chaos
November 2nd, 2017, 09:50 PM
These are decent if you scrap 1/2 the cheese off, I tried making one of these "as is" once, it sucked.
Blasphemy!

Oddly enough the only pizza I've had in my life that I didn't like because it had too much cheese was a Casey's pizza.

Redbird 4th & short
November 3rd, 2017, 12:07 AM
Blasphemy!

Oddly enough the only pizza I've had in my life that I didn't like because it had too much cheese was a Casey's pizza.
talk about blasphemy ... there's no such thing as too much cheese on a pizza.

Thumper 76
November 3rd, 2017, 03:17 AM

This is incredibly accurate.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2017, 07:21 AM
Seriously? Did you miss this?Probably, I was scrolling with my 2" screen phone at the time

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2017, 07:22 AM
Jack's is the ramen noodles of pizza.First time I ever ate was at your joint, they aren't that bad. I just had the cheeseburger one a week or so ago.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2017, 07:25 AM
Blasphemy!

Oddly enough the only pizza I've had in my life that I didn't like because it had too much cheese was a Casey's pizza.I don't like a lot of cheese on my pizza, plus the toppings need to be on top of the cheese, these commie bastards that put the meat and stuff under the cheese need to be executed. The family went to Duane's in Moorhead the other day, forced them to put the pepperoni's on top of the cheese, makes a world of difference.

Professor Chaos
November 3rd, 2017, 07:27 AM

This is incredibly accurate.

I had the same thought until I had this Casey's pepperoni pizza a few months back. I'm a fan of extra cheese and Casey's usually does have a bunch but it was pretty obvious the guy who made this one didn't follow their spec chart at all. It was basically like eating a big glob of cheese with some pepperoni since the crust was undercooked due to all the cheese. Like I said it was the only time in my life that I've ever ate a pizza with too much cheese (and I've had a lot of pizza in my life).

Trumpster
November 3rd, 2017, 07:43 AM
For frozen pizzas I've really taken to Artisan's Circle as of late

Bison56
November 3rd, 2017, 07:55 AM
These are decent if you scrap 1/2 the cheese off, I tried making one of these "as is" once, it sucked.

https://pics.me.me/that-has-too-much-cheese-on-it-said-no-one-16706076.png (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiHyf3tuaLXAhVH8WMKHUnzBKAQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fme.me%2Fi%2Fthat-has-too-much-cheese-on-it-said-no-one-12229092&psig=AOvVaw1TYzsJJmJTLJUc8SqQchRX&ust=1509800073266696)
I guess you are the one.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2017, 07:57 AM
For frozen pizzas I've really taken to Artisan's Circle as of lateAre you talking about Culinary Circle frozen pizza

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2017, 07:58 AM
https://pics.me.me/that-has-too-much-cheese-on-it-said-no-one-16706076.png (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiHyf3tuaLXAhVH8WMKHUnzBKAQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fme.me%2Fi%2Fthat-has-too-much-cheese-on-it-said-no-one-12229092&psig=AOvVaw1TYzsJJmJTLJUc8SqQchRX&ust=1509800073266696)
I guess you are the one.Yep, cheese gets in the way of the stuff that actually has flavor, like sauce, meats and whatever else.

Trumpster
November 3rd, 2017, 08:02 AM
Are you talking about Culinary Circle frozen pizza

Yep, I don't know why I messed up the name.

Bison56
November 3rd, 2017, 08:02 AM
Yep, cheese gets in the way of the stuff that actually has flavor, like sauce, meats and whatever else.

https://media.makeameme.org/created/when-theres-too-6u6ofm.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjx4_Otu6LXAhVK3mMKHctzB5oQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmakeameme.org%2Fmeme%2Fwhen-theres-too-6u6ofm&psig=AOvVaw22GUnlhFrTF8pc7M5w-gdn&ust=1509800492729708)

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2017, 08:06 AM
https://media.makeameme.org/created/when-theres-too-6u6ofm.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjx4_Otu6LXAhVK3mMKHctzB5oQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmakeameme.org%2Fmeme%2Fwhen-theres-too-6u6ofm&psig=AOvVaw22GUnlhFrTF8pc7M5w-gdn&ust=1509800492729708)Now you are getting it, there is a delicate balance when it comes to pizza, all the ingredients have to be in sync with each other, too much of one thing, screws everything else up and two lbs. of cheese on a 14" pizza is too much cheese.

clenz
November 3rd, 2017, 08:15 AM
Jacks is terribad.

Not enough cheese.
Three times too much sauce.
Crust is gross - natural rising

Jack's thin crusts are alright.

Lotsa Motza are pretty good.

I'm a big fan of Screamin Sicilian.

http://www.screaminsicilian.com/pizzas

Thin crust is also the superior crust.
Thin crust square cut is superior to thin crust standard cut

UNIFanSince1983
November 3rd, 2017, 08:19 AM
Had Mama Cozzi's frozen last night. They cost 1.99 a piece at Aldi. It was good for a cheapo frozen. I honestly thought it was better than Tombstone.

CappinHard
November 3rd, 2017, 09:35 AM
There's a lot of love for Digiorno's on Twitter lately, and I just don't really like their pizza at all. I'm with the guy that mentioned Tombstone. Middle of the road price wise, but tastes way better than Jacks or heaven forbid... Roma.

SoDakSA
November 3rd, 2017, 02:02 PM
There's a lot of love for Digiorno's on Twitter lately, and I just don't really like their pizza at all. I'm with the guy that mentioned Tombstone. Middle of the road price wise, but tastes way better than Jacks or heaven forbid... Roma.

Pizza Corner has been my go-to, but lately I have been the Ale Haus pizzas. If you haven't tried either of these, get on it this weekend

cx500d
November 3rd, 2017, 02:22 PM
Pizza Corner has been my go-to, but lately I have been the Ale Haus pizzas. If you haven't tried either of these, get on it this weekend

All brands I can’t get in TX!

Bisonator
November 3rd, 2017, 02:34 PM
Used to be Pizza Corner fan until they sold out. Switched to Jack's which are way cheaper and actually not half bad. Like someone else said why spend $10 on a frozen pizza? $3-5 is plenty

Evolution Prime
November 3rd, 2017, 02:37 PM
Used to be Pizza Corner fan until they sold out. Switched to Jack's which are way cheaper and actually not half bad. Like someone else said why spend $10 on a frozen pizza? $3-5 is plenty

Jack's is the go-to pizza when wife is back at her parent's for the weekend. Small enough were I can finish one in a sitting.

Yotes21
November 3rd, 2017, 02:44 PM

Agreed, DiGorno's is crap...It's just lefties on twitter with their panties in a bunch over Papa John's saying they are going to pull their ads due to the protests killing their sales. Which BTW I saw a Papa John's commercial on the NFL game last night.

TheKingpin28
November 3rd, 2017, 04:15 PM
So we can all agree that Totino's is the worst frozen pizza out there. I do not care if they are $1 or under, no amount of liquor can make up for how awful they are.

ajc4jsu
November 3rd, 2017, 04:17 PM
All brands I can’t get in TX!

What part of Texas are you in? I recently moved to San Antonio. Only FCS ball close is Incarnate Word. I am driving to College Station just to see a good live game.

Redbird 4th & short
November 3rd, 2017, 04:22 PM
I don't like a lot of cheese on my pizza, plus the toppings need to be on top of the cheese, these commie bastards that put the meat and stuff under the cheese need to be executed. The family went to Duane's in Moorhead the other day, forced them to put the pepperoni's on top of the cheese, makes a world of difference.

you need a pizza education, Chicago style

Super Thin - Father & Sons - crust has to be crispy .. ingredients underneath except pepperoni .. of course sausage is kind of above and below.

Thin - too many to count, but Nancy's is a very good start .. ingredients go same as above

Rustic Thin - Nancy's special .. same as above but brush the crust in olive oil .. nice change of pace

Thick - many to choose from, though my least favorite style .. why waste calories on dough when there is so much cheese for the taking

Deep Dish .. Lou Malnati's is great place to start ... some ingredients on top of cheese, some below

Stuffed (1 1/2 inch) .. many to choose from, but Nancy's or Giordanos hits the spot every time .. all ingredients located somewhere under lot of cheese

Stuffed (2 1/2 inch .. Nancy's is it ... reportedly all ingredients somewhere under a whole lot more cheese .. though hard to find or prove on the 2 1/12 inch stuffed

as for fruiting a pizza .. we'll allow pineapple with Canadian bacon .. but only for a change of pace, and no one dares speak of it afterwards - just nod and walk away

as for veggie pizza's .. just order the stupid salad and stop making the rest of us watch all the good pizzas run out while the Veggie is always the one with most left over only to be thrown out .. happens every time, so aggravating to see such waste !!

Anything else you've heard or thought .. sounds like Charlie Browns teacher to me ... wah wah wah wah wah

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2017, 04:29 PM
Jack's is the go-to pizza when wife is back at her parent's for the weekend. Small enough were I can finish one in a sitting.This guy gets it, all frozen pizza's suck, face it, most dudes are throwing this crap in the oven when the better half is gone, Jack's get it done, decent crust, throw a little cheese on top and you have a pizza that will push a turd and tide you over until your cook gets back home to make a real pizza

Redbird 4th & short
November 3rd, 2017, 04:34 PM
you need a pizza education, Chicago style

Super Thin - Father & Sons - crust has to be crispy .. ingredients underneath except pepperoni .. of course sausage is kind of above and below.

Thin - too many to count, but Nancy's is a very good start .. ingredients go same as above

Rustic Thin - Nancy's special .. same as above but brush the crust in olive oil .. nice change of pace

Thick - many to choose from, though my least favorite style .. why waste calories on dough when there is so much cheese for the taking

Deep Dish .. Lou Malnati's is great place to start ... some ingredients on top of cheese, some below

Stuffed (1 1/2 inch) .. many to choose from, but Nancy's or Giordanos hits the spot every time .. all ingredients located somewhere under lot of cheese

Stuffed (2 1/2 inch .. Nancy's is it ... reportedly all ingredients somewhere under a whole lot more cheese .. though hard to find or prove on the 2 1/12 inch stuffed

as for fruiting a pizza .. we'll allow pineapple with Canadian bacon .. but only for a change of pace, and no one dares speak of it afterwards - just nod and walk away

as for veggie pizza's .. just order the stupid salad and stop making the rest of us watch all the good pizzas run out while the Veggie is always the one with most left over only to be thrown out .. happens every time, so aggravating to see such waste !!

Anything else you've heard or thought .. sounds like Charlie Browns teacher to me ... wah wah wah wah wah

oh .. best frozen pizza .. Home Run Inn

cx500d
November 3rd, 2017, 04:59 PM
So we can all agree that Totino's is the worst frozen pizza out there. I do not care if they are $1 or under, no amount of liquor can make up for how awful they are.

Yes....

cx500d
November 3rd, 2017, 05:00 PM
What part of Texas are you in? I recently moved to San Antonio. Only FCS ball close is Incarnate Word. I am driving to College Station just to see a good live game.

DFW....There is a FCS game here once a year

cx500d
November 3rd, 2017, 05:03 PM
This guy gets it, all frozen pizza's suck, face it, most dudes are throwing this crap in the oven when the better half is gone, Jack's get it done, decent crust, throw a little cheese on top and you have a pizza that will push a turd and tide you over until your cook gets back home to make a real pizza

I think we can get Jack's here, but its just an inferior Tombstone, so why would I get it? I don't need to live like a college student.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2017, 05:06 PM
I think we can get Jack's here, but its just an inferior Tombstone, so why would I get it? I don't need to live like a college student.It is better, doctor it a little bit, the crust s better, trust me on this, I am old like you and I don't do this for the money, get a Jacks, get a little bag of cheese and knock your self out.

cx500d
November 3rd, 2017, 05:08 PM
It is better, doctor it a little bit, the crust s better, trust me on this, I am old like you and I don't do this for the money, get a Jacks, get a little bag of cheese and knock your self out.

OK, usually your advice is pretty good (as long as it doesn't involve throwing an IH engine away for a chevy) maybe I will try this....I already Dr. the Tombstone with extra cheese, so its a standard process. I wish I could get some of those other upper midwest ones to try.

CappinHard
November 3rd, 2017, 05:10 PM
This guy gets it, all frozen pizza's suck, face it, most dudes are throwing this crap in the oven when the better half is gone, Jack's get it done, decent crust, throw a little cheese on top and you have a pizza that will push a turd and tide you over until your cook gets back home to make a real pizza

One of the best things I've read in a while. Made me lol.

cx500d
November 3rd, 2017, 05:13 PM

I'm dumping my cook (thank god for pre-nups), so it may be a while til I get a new one, so this is an important topic to me.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2017, 05:18 PM
One of the best things I've read in a while. Made me lol.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26412&stc=1

I am making a frozen pizza right now, the sammie maker is off to Fargo with some friend of hers to spend money on clothes, I am going to eat this, leave a mess and take a nap.

TheKingpin28
November 3rd, 2017, 05:19 PM
Lost in all of this is that we have neglected our sponsorship deal with Casey's that we post about them every so often. Now we can continue on as to why buying 4 Jacks Pizza's for $10 makes economical sense.

TheKingpin28
November 3rd, 2017, 05:20 PM

I am making a frozen pizza right now, the sammie maker is off to Fargo with some friend of hers to spend money on clothes, I am going to eat this, leave a mess and take a nap.

I enjoy their Chicken Alfredo one. That is one of the better ones out their. Not a big fan of their "pizza sauce" though.

cx500d
November 3rd, 2017, 05:22 PM

Give us a review.

- - - Updated - - -

Lost in all of this is that we have neglected our sponsorship deal with Casey's that we post about them every so often. Now we can continue on as to why buying 4 Jacks Pizza's for $10 makes economical sense.

I started the frozen pizza drift for selfish reasons...

TheKingpin28
November 3rd, 2017, 05:25 PM
Give us a review.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, you're telling me pseudo-Texans like to make it all about themselves? Colour me shocked! :D

cx500d
November 3rd, 2017, 05:26 PM
Wait, you're telling me pseudo-Texans like to make it all about themselves? Colour me shocked! :D

For some reason, the land of plenty/opportunity has **** for frozen pizza selections

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2017, 05:32 PM
Give us a review. - -

The review will be lame, as is all of my reviews for frozen pizza, it is what it is, all I had to eat today was a bag of turkey jerky, which was freaking awesome, so now I got a prefab frozen pizza, I mean, how good can it be. It will be 2 stars our of 5.

cx500d
November 3rd, 2017, 05:34 PM
The review will be lame, as is all of my reviews for frozen pizza, it is what it is, all I had to eat today was a bag of turkey jerky, which was freaking awesome, so now I got a prefab frozen pizza, I mean, how good can it be. It will be 2 stars our of 5.

Pick your gold standard (which may be a 3 in your ratings) and compare against.

mmiller_34
November 3rd, 2017, 05:54 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PnphJooo_jg/VQhc2GggcII/AAAAAAAAlXE/pbxhwf-J8Dw/s1600/lunchables-pepperoni-pizza-02.JPG

This is the GOLD STANDARD.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2017, 05:57 PM
Pick your gold standard (which may be a 3 in your ratings) and compare against.Ok, I am half way though this Bellatoria deal, I loaded it up with crusted red peppers and some parm on the top, decent pizza. There is no gold standard in the frozen pizza, they all get bronze metals. I cooked some Heggie Pizza's on my wood pellet grill once, I took some cheese off and moved the sausage and pepperonis to the top and those pizzas were pretty good because they cooked evenly.

Ok, so if I was forced to rate the Frozen Pizza for this area of the country, here it is:

1 Heggies - some of my best rounds of golf were topped off with this brand, they cook up nice on the NDSU Woodmaster Grill and are a a great finish to a 12 pack of Bud
2 Culinary Circle- frozen yuppie pizza for the dude that wants to impress his meth addicted girl friend

3 Bellatoria - Hell, it was the last one I ate, it is a solid third, like I said, it is a good replacement when the sammy maker isn't at home

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2017, 05:59 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PnphJooo_jg/VQhc2GggcII/AAAAAAAAlXE/pbxhwf-J8Dw/s1600/lunchables-pepperoni-pizza-02.JPG

This is the GOLD STANDARD.OMFG, what the hell is that, are you supposed to microwave that, is that an MRE for the Apollo missions?

TheKingpin28
November 3rd, 2017, 06:01 PM
OMFG, what the hell is that, are you supposed to microwave that, is that an MRE for the Apollo missions?

I take back what I said about Totinos, I would rather eat Totinos than one Lunchable ever again.

mmiller_34
November 3rd, 2017, 06:05 PM
OMFG, what the hell is that, are you supposed to microwave that, is that an MRE for the Apollo missions?

The Kool kids would always eat the cheese separate during field trips.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2017, 06:34 PM
The Kool kids would always eat the cheese separate during field trips.Is that school lunch or what, I didn't go to school, I had to forage for my food but it looked better than that.

mmiller_34
November 3rd, 2017, 06:45 PM
Is that school lunch or what, I didn't go to school, I had to forage for my food but it looked better than that.

Oh.

No, it was radioactive waste that was conjured up and turned into something resembling a kids sized personal pizza. Its been rumored that most who ate this meal suffer from PTSD to this day. Oscar Mayer made a killing off of it.

Winterborn
November 3rd, 2017, 06:47 PM
Is that school lunch or what, I didn't go to school, I had to forage for my food but it looked better than that.

A good forage/hunting day was some Hasenpfeffer back home.

POD Knows
November 3rd, 2017, 06:49 PM
Oh.

No, it was radioactive waste that was conjured up and turned into something resembling a kids sized personal pizza. Its been rumored that most who ate this meal suffer from PTSD to this day. Oscar Mayer made a killing off of it.Hey, I am serious, is that thing something they gave you in school to eat? What is it supposed to be, are you supposed to heat it up and eat it. I would eat road kill before I at what ever that is.

mmiller_34
November 3rd, 2017, 07:02 PM
Hey, I am serious, is that thing something they gave you in school to eat? What is it supposed to be, are you supposed to heat it up and eat it. I would eat road kill before I at what ever that is.

Good plan. Also, I am being serious:

Huffington Post: Lunchables Nutritionally Devastating to Kids (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-f-jacobson/children-nutrition_b_1163253.html)

Also:

Huffington Post: Lunchables sales eclipse $500 Million for the year (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ)

TheKingpin28
November 3rd, 2017, 07:03 PM
Hey, I am serious, is that thing something they gave you in school to eat? What is it supposed to be, are you supposed to heat it up and eat it. I would eat road kill before I at what ever that is.

The kool kids club always had these and eating a Chuck E Cheese pizza would be considered an upgrade. They might be some of the worst things ever created.

cx500d
November 3rd, 2017, 08:51 PM

Looks like a repackaged MRE

ST_Lawson
November 3rd, 2017, 09:32 PM
I'm a big fan of Screamin Sicilian.

http://www.screaminsicilian.com/pizzas

Agreed. I realize it's not the highest bar in the world, but it's the best frozen pizza I've ever had. Also a fan of their Stromboli.

Obviously nothing is going to come close to a really good pizza place, but if you're grabbing something from the store to toss in the oven...it's solid.

I mean, come on...those are like 1" diameter Italian meatballs sliced in half on that thing...
https://i.imgur.com/KdZzMHt.png?1

Winterborn
November 3rd, 2017, 11:16 PM
Looks like a repackaged MRE

An Ethiopian would rather eat a MRE than that.

ST_Lawson
November 4th, 2017, 12:00 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171104/cd049b4ab06be23ca8f847d302edb995.jpg

My view for the WIU & ILSU game.
Foggy and wet, but not raining, and not horribly cold.

NDSUtk
November 4th, 2017, 01:03 PM
You're damn right they are good when you're being a cheapskate!I wonder how many Totino's party pizzas I ate growing up. Get them on sale for like $10 for 5 or something like that.

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2017, 01:14 PM
I wonder how many Totino's party pizzas I ate growing up. Get them on sale for like $10 for 5 or something like that.

I tried one of them once, and I was actually mad that I wasted $2 or so on Totinos.

cx500d
November 4th, 2017, 02:00 PM
I wonder how many Totino's party pizzas I ate growing up. Get them on sale for like $10 for 5 or something like that.

I did too, along with Jeno's pizza rolls...That doesn't mean I'll eat them now. Totino's is absolute garbage.

NDSUtk
November 4th, 2017, 02:03 PM
I did too, along with Jeno's pizza rolls...That doesn't mean I'll eat them now. Totino's is absolute garbage.Oh yes, pizza rolls were a staple!! And of course, you were drunk and microwave them which makes them so soft and soggy. When they are cooked in a pizza oven or convection oven they are still decent! Then again, I'm pretty damn low class.

neverobeyed
November 6th, 2017, 09:27 AM
So close to moving to page three

So, a pic of a Captain Quint ...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26426&stc=1

And a bump.

IBleedYellow
November 6th, 2017, 09:36 AM

This is the GOLD STANDARD.

Welp. I know what I want now.

CappinHard
November 6th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Oh yes, pizza rolls were a staple!! And of course, you were drunk and microwave them which makes them so soft and soggy. When they are cooked in a pizza oven or convection oven they are still decent! Then again, I'm pretty damn low class.

I have permanent taste bud loss from pizza rolls. When you're drunk, you just can't wait much longer than a couple seconds after you pull them out of the microwave and perform taste bud genocide via hot grease exploding from a pocket of cheesy, saucy goodness. The same goes for frozen pizzas really... God forbid we waited a minute before shoving it in our mouths.

ST_Lawson
November 6th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Oh, don't worry about dropping too far. I gotta pop in a couple of times a week to spam you all with links to my writings...

https://i.imgur.com/UWdAvrX.png?1 (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-10-in-review/)

MVFC Week 10 in Review (http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/mvfc-week-10-in-review/)

Bison56
November 6th, 2017, 09:44 AM
I have permanent taste bud loss from pizza rolls. When you're drunk, you just can't wait much longer than a couple seconds after you pull them out of the microwave and perform taste bud genocide via hot grease exploding from a pocket of cheesy, saucy goodness. The same goes for frozen pizzas really... God forbid we waited a minute before shoving it in our mouths.

xlolx oh yeah this brings back some memories.