Pages : 1 2 [3]

JSUSoutherner
May 9th, 2019, 03:51 PM
January 10, 2015.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Oof.

Sycamore62
May 9th, 2019, 04:20 PM
I was there. It was a great environment, and remember the ratio a bit differently, but JMU travels very well. I got the tickets through the resale system set up by the NCAA. It worked, but the ticket uncertainty in the run-up to the game does suppress attendance. I would consider traveling to the game (it's a day away right now) but tickets can be unavailable.

I married a YSU alum who has been at all seven YSU 1-AA/FCS championship games. Each game is a story. ISU-R (and Bucknell) have been to exactly none. I hope we have a chance to worry about championship tickets. The Penguins at least got to have those issues.

None as in none championship games? If my memory serves me 2014 (Season)?

TheRevSFA
May 9th, 2019, 07:32 PM
Equating a region of Texas to the quality of their brisket is asinine.

Coming from the undisputed king of asinine posts on AGS.....

TheRevSFA
May 9th, 2019, 07:34 PM
Brisket is a synonym for BBQ for me.

No.

TheRevSFA
May 9th, 2019, 07:35 PM
I think perhaps I have my regions of Texas incorrectly defined. Where would Lampasas and/or Killeen fall?

Eh that’s borderline central Texas.

cx500d
May 9th, 2019, 07:35 PM
Equating a region of Texas to the quality of their brisket is asinine.

Stick to things you know....that should keep your posts narrow, focused, and very infrequent.

BucBisonAtLarge
May 9th, 2019, 07:51 PM
January 10, 2015.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My bad. Six to go.

TheKingpin28
May 9th, 2019, 07:53 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RepentantBleakBobolink-size_restricted.gif

FYP

Lorne_Malvo
May 9th, 2019, 07:57 PM
Coming from the undisputed king of asinine posts on AGS.....

Just admit what a stupid statement you made and move along.

Derby City Duke
May 9th, 2019, 08:00 PM
I think perhaps I have my regions of Texas incorrectly defined. Where would Lampasas and/or Killeen fall?

The heart of Hill Country in Central Texas. Loved living in Copperas Cove and serving at "The Great Place."

Derby City Duke
May 9th, 2019, 08:07 PM
I was there. It was a great environment, and remember the ratio a bit differently, but JMU travels very well. I got the tickets through the resale system set up by the NCAA. It worked, but the ticket uncertainty in the run-up to the game does suppress attendance. I would consider traveling to the game (it's a day away right now) but tickets can be unavailable.

I married a YSU alum who has been at all seven YSU 1-AA/FCS championship games. Each game is a story. ISU-R (and Bucknell) have been to exactly none. I hope we have a chance to worry about championship tickets. The Penguins at least got to have those issues.

I think we sold a bit north of 10K seats. YSU FUBARed their fan base and sold maybe 1200 -- the rest were neutra l. The entire west side and 3-4 sections on the East (pressbox, lest we get into the home/visitor argument again) side were 95% or better purple. I was in 124 amongst the YSU fans who, by the way, were very polite and easy to get along with during and after the game.

PAllen
May 9th, 2019, 08:08 PM
The heart of Hill Country in Central Texas. Loved living in Copperas Cove and serving at "The Great Place."

I will gladly change my geographic descriptors then. I just struggle to put DFW and Ft. Hood in the same region.

TheRevSFA
May 9th, 2019, 08:16 PM
I will gladly change my geographic descriptors then. I just struggle to put DFW and Ft. Hood in the same region.

Dallas isn’t central Texas. Dallas is north Texas. I personally would say Waco/temple/Killeen are the heart of Texas, Austin, New Braunfels, Lockhart, luling are more central Texas but on edge of hill country (for Austin and New Braunfels)

TheRevSFA
May 9th, 2019, 08:18 PM
Just admit what a stupid statement you made and move along.

Yeah...no

Seeing as how the discussion is about Texas and barbecue, something you know little about, I’d suggest you let the grown ups talk Run along.

TheRevSFA
May 9th, 2019, 08:19 PM

Come on now. No one actually enjoys living in the killeen, copperas cove, temple, belton areas.

dgtw
May 10th, 2019, 06:17 AM
No. Birmingham is a ****hole.

If Jax State makes the championship, I could go the game without having to get a hotel. I’m all for it being in Birmingham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
May 10th, 2019, 08:52 AM
If Jax State makes the championship, I could go the game without having to get a hotel. I’m all for it being in Birmingham.

Screw that. I'd much rather go somewhere interesting.

Interesting as in I can go out and barhop after the game without getting mugged.

Redbird 4th & short
May 10th, 2019, 08:56 AM

uni88 responded, but to be clear ... ISUr was in 2014 Natty, in fact we took the lead at 1:38 left in game, but lost .. played in Jan 2015. And we had our own ticket controversy due to poor initial handling.

But what does that even matter ... lot of teams have not been there.

Redbird 4th & short
May 10th, 2019, 09:05 AM
No.
xnodx
I do prefer briskett to pork shoulder ... but BBQ is a way of cooking. Hel, put on your favorite music (southern rock), serve up some ice cold beer, crank up your smoker with favorite combo of wood chips ... and it a way of life .. great way to spend an entire saturday with family and friends.

IBleedYellow
May 10th, 2019, 10:08 AM
Brisket is BBQ but BBQ is not brisket.

Yes.

I should have stated "Texas BBQ = Brisket." xnodx

PAllen
May 10th, 2019, 12:31 PM
Yes.

Brisket is the reason to go to a Texas BBQ joint. Everything else is just dressing.

DFW HOYA
May 10th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Yes.

A good clod (shoulder) beats an average brisket every time.

dgtw
May 10th, 2019, 02:30 PM
Screw that. I'd much rather go somewhere interesting.

Interesting as in I can go out and barhop after the game without getting mugged.

I don’t really give a **** about what there is to do. I go to watch a football game and then leave. Local attractions has never been a consideration in deciding to attend a game.

JSUSoutherner
May 10th, 2019, 04:20 PM
I don’t really give a **** about what there is to do. I go to watch a football game and then leave. Local attractions has never been a consideration in deciding to attend a game.

Then watch it on TV. Save yourself some time and money.

Redbird 4th & short
May 10th, 2019, 04:34 PM
My bad. Six to go.

6 to go ???

spoken with such pride ... as if your were in fact representing NDSU Bison.

BisonFan02
May 10th, 2019, 07:55 PM

Would the local attractions in Birmingham be neutral if Jax State were to participate? :D

Derby City Duke
May 10th, 2019, 08:28 PM
Come on now. No one actually enjoys living in the killeen, copperas cove, temple, belton areas.

We actually did; we could be in Austin in about an hour, San Antonio in two. The pace of life was good, cost of living excellent; being able to stand on my patio in shorts and a t-shirt with a beer in one hand and spatula in the other hand while grilling out in February made it all good.

Besides, as much time as I spent in the Ft. Hood training areas and at the National Training Center, just being able to relax at home was a bonus.

Redbird 4th & short
May 11th, 2019, 08:23 AM
6 to go ???

spoken with such pride ... as if your were in fact representing NDSU Bison.

my bad BucBison ... at first I assumed you were NDSU Bison fan rubbing it in, but then noted from your profile that you're actually a Bucknell Bison so thought it even odder you were questioning my opinining on venues .. now realize you were probably just bragging about how many Nattys you've attended.

My bad ... but your posting name threw me off .. so technically it is still your fault xsmiley_wix

cx500d
May 11th, 2019, 08:29 AM
We actually did; we could be in Austin in about an hour, San Antonio in two. The pace of life was good, cost of living excellent; being able to stand on my patio in shorts and a t-shirt with a beer in one hand and spatula in the other hand while grilling out in February made it all good.

Besides, as much time as I spent in the Ft. Hood training areas and at the National Training Center, just being able to relax at home was a bonus.

Ft. Irwin is awesome. I loved my time at China Lake...Love the desert.

POD Knows
May 11th, 2019, 09:10 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWere you the guy that walking into Scruffy Duffies in Frisco and turned around and walked out because there the place was 99% Bison fans.

Tuna85
May 11th, 2019, 10:33 AM
just right size, IMO......great weather......west coast teams would want something "in the middle' of the USA, maybe
Shucks, Florida has a West Coast too...just saying.

IBleedYellow
May 13th, 2019, 02:29 PM
Were you the guy that walking into Scruffy Duffies in Frisco and turned around and walked out because there the place was 99% Bison fans.

JMU fans were pissed the year we played them down there because all the bars they want to the first year they were there went back to hosting NDSU fans.

Whoops.

dgtw
May 13th, 2019, 05:10 PM
Were you the guy that walking into Scruffy Duffies in Frisco and turned around and walked out because there the place was 99% Bison fans.

Don’t even remember where I ate. But I didn’t walk out of anywhere. I ate with a group of friends but I didn’t have any bad encounters with Bison fans.

dgtw
May 13th, 2019, 05:12 PM
Would the local attractions in Birmingham be neutral if Jax State were to participate? :D

If Alabama was in the FBS championship that year the FCS game would be pretty much ignored.

Herder
May 14th, 2019, 06:33 AM
Fans at the FCS championship have been branching out to the TX tourism scene. Last year my wife and I saw about 300 bison fans at Magnolia Farms Friday, and a few Dukies too. On Sunday our Deeley Plaza tour was mostly football fans too.

moving the game to Vegas? Bad idea in my opinion. I like it in TX.

POD Knows
May 14th, 2019, 06:54 AM
Don’t even remember where I ate. But I didn’t walk out of anywhere. I ate with a group of friends but I didn’t have any bad encounters with Bison fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalki was just messing with you.

dgtw
May 14th, 2019, 09:11 AM
i was just messing with you.

I know. But I did enjoy myself there, other than the game.

Derby City Duke
May 14th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Ft. Irwin is awesome. I loved my time at China Lake...Love the desert.

Not so much living in 'The Dustbowl' and the Central Corridor; on our last rotation, the Hale-Bopp Comet was passing through -- awesome spectacle using NVGs.

cx500d
May 14th, 2019, 06:55 PM
Not so much living in 'The Dustbowl' and the Central Corridor; on our last rotation, the Hale-Bopp Comet was passing through -- awesome spectacle using NVGs.

I was there during the She-Bopp comet I think