PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian St Pro Day

TexasTerror
January 19th, 2007, 04:50 PM
March 20th, 2007 at Noon...

Players expected to work before the scouts in Boone, North Carolina...

OLB - Marques Murrell, TE - Daniel Bettis, SS - Jeremy Wiggins, OT - Matt Isenhour,

Mr. C
January 19th, 2007, 06:42 PM
I would also expect LB Monte Smith, WR William Mayfield and DT Arthur Orlebar would also be involved. I've heard that Mayfield has some strong interest from NFL teams, particularly the Patriots.

TexasTerror
January 19th, 2007, 08:38 PM
I would also expect LB Monte Smith, WR William Mayfield and DT Arthur Orlebar would also be involved. I've heard that Mayfield has some strong interest from NFL teams, particularly the Patriots.

These are just the names provided by the scouting service that will be there...

Others, non-NFL prospects will probably be there per the norm to get timed and all that jazz, but these are the NFL prospects listed...

AppIAA
January 24th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Rumor has it that Mayfield has signed with Alge Crumplers agent..

youwouldno
January 24th, 2007, 02:10 PM
I doubt any App'ers will be drafted but several will get FA deals. I hope Wiggins gets a shot despite his size.

Jackluv
January 24th, 2007, 04:26 PM
me being a former olineman...i think isenhour is good DIAA college football player but has no chance of even getting looooked at unless he adds about 20lbs to that 6'1 frame (which could be shorter, media guides always lie) and moves to center....

best advice if he still wants to play would be to go AFL2 and try to work your way up

example: i think his name was Elmer McDaniel from SIU...5'11 300 no looks

Appstate29
January 25th, 2007, 01:56 AM
Matt Isenhour is a STUD, but he probably won't get looked at because of his size, which is sad because hes got a hell of a technique. I heard that Mayfield has signed with Crumplers agent, and someone told him he could go as early as the 4th round, this is a second hand report apparently coming right from Mayfields mouth.

Mr. C
January 25th, 2007, 05:55 AM
These are just the names provided by the scouting service that will be there...

Others, non-NFL prospects will probably be there per the norm to get timed and all that jazz, but these are the NFL prospects listed...
Wasn't talking about non-NFL prospects. Mayfield has a real possibility of getting drafted and a very real chance of making it into the league. Smith was someone that every NFL team that came in to Boone this year asked about because of his athleticism. Daniel Orlebar's brother Arthur got a tryout from the Washington Redskins last year and wasn't half the player that Arthur was/is. These are ALL legitimate names that will likely be in camp somewhere when the NFL starts auditioning free agents.

Mr. C
January 25th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Matt Isenhour is a STUD, but he probably won't get looked at because of his size, which is sad because hes got a hell of a technique. I heard that Mayfield has signed with Crumplers agent, and someone told him he could go as early as the 4th round, this is a second hand report apparently coming right from Mayfields mouth.
My sources tell me that Isenhour has zero chance of getting an NFL shot. He just is too small to play at the next level. The offensive lineman from App State that has a chance to make some noise is Kerry Brown, because of his size (6-6 and over 300 pounds) and strength. He has another year to improve his stock and could end up being one of ASU's higher draft choices ever.

BigApp
January 25th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Isenhour may get a shot up in Canada.

Appstate29
January 25th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Wasn't talking about non-NFL prospects. Mayfield has a real possibility of getting drafted and a very real chance of making it into the league. Smith was someone that every NFL team that came in to Boone asked about because of his athleticism. Orlebar's brother Daniel got a tryout from the Washington Redskins last year and wasn't half the player that Arthur was/is. These are ALL legitimate names that will likely be in camp somewhere when the NFL starts auditioning free agents.

not to nitpick Mr. C but you got the Orlebar bros confused, Arthur got the tryout from the Skins and graduated last year, and Daniel is graduating this year, to the detriment of our D-Line.

Mr. C
January 25th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Appreciate the correction and has been edited above. I'm always getting those two brothers mixed up. Daniel really did have a solid year, much better than I think anyone expected. Fortunately, his backup Anthony Williams is a star in the making, heading into his sophomore year. Williams is 6-1, 272 and reminds a lot of us of Jackie Lee Avery, who played tackle and end on the DL from 1994-97 and developed into one of those ASU All-Americans at DE. Williams not only plays like Avery, he also wears Avery's old number and bears a striking resemblance to Avery.

DinoDex200
January 29th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I would think Mayfield has the most prototypical NFL size...he also has great hands. The trick with him will be his 40 time, and his route running ability...because everything else is there, IMO. He's physical, and not afraid to go over the middle...coaches love that.

Wiggins is the kind of guy I could see making it by tearing people's head's off on Special Teams. He's not big, but he's not afraid to throw himself into the fray...

BrevardMountaineer03
January 29th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Regardless, I think you will see a lot of APPs on the NFL stage in the next couple of years. Mayfield and Wiggins have good shots. I think Murrell will be picked up in the draft. He has all the qualities that you want in an NFL player (plus the lineage).

Mountaineer#96
January 29th, 2007, 09:45 PM
-Murrell will go in the draft.

-Wiggins will get picked up on free agency and get a chance.

-Mayfield is a toss up but I think he gets picked up b/c of his size. It really comes down to his 40 and shuttle time I think.

-Isenhour won't go, which is a shame b/c he is a hell of a football player, but the NFL is all about size.

MYTAPPY
January 30th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Isenhour can maybe get in the CFL and if not he seems like he would make a good coach.

Mr. C
January 30th, 2007, 08:03 PM
-Murrell will go in the draft.

-Wiggins will get picked up on free agency and get a chance.

-Mayfield is a toss up but I think he gets picked up b/c of his size. It really comes down to his 40 and shuttle time I think.

-Isenhour won't go, which is a shame b/c he is a hell of a football player, but the NFL is all about size.
Saying that Mayfield is a toss-up really isn't accurate. I hear that there are specific teams that have a strong interest in drafting Mayfield. He could turn out to be a real surprise on draft day. His speed is deceptive. He is of similar ability to Daniel Wilcox, who has carved out a nice career as a tight end for the Baltimore Ravens.