PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Champ Game Score Thread, JMU and YSU

Pages : 1 2 [3]

MR. CHICKEN
January 8th, 2017, 08:55 PM
I don't want to take sides in this food fight, but Mike Houston is no douche bag. He is a outstanding coach who knows how to motivate his players, handle the press and fans AND normally is respectful at press conferences to his opponents. If he failed to say something positive about Youngstown State than he uncharacteristically got caught up in the moment and probably regrets it. There were a couple times in the regular season he probably keep the pedal to floor too long and scores got excessive against hapless teams that didn't have a prayer of making a comeback, but in fairness everyone knows it's pretty hard for a coach to control that in a complete mismatch.

Also, it's totally out of line to say Youngtown State didn't belong in the Championship game. They earned their way there as an unseeded team and beat four very solid FCS football programs in the process.

.....DIS IS TRUE.....HOWEVERAH......PENGUINPOWER.....HAS BEEN UH BAD SPORT...SINCE DUH GUN SOUNDED........SO TA TURN DUH SCREWS..........YOUNGSTOWN WAS SLOW.......SLOW TA GET PLAYS IN......SLOW TA DUH LINE UH SCRIMMAGE.....SLOW TA SNAP DUH PIGGY......TAKIN' CLOCK DOWN TA LAST TICK..ALOT......SLOW TA GET PUNTS OFF......AN' WEBB.....HAS SLOTH LIKE SPEED.....OUTTAH DUH BACKFIELD....IT'S HURRY UP...AN' SCORE NOWADAYS.....'GUINS WERE DOWN TWO SCORES.....B/4.....YA'S CRACKED DUH FIRST...ULTRA................BROCCO!

YoUDeeMan
January 8th, 2017, 09:32 PM
What?! I know you're a total troll who can't handle NDSU's success since Delaware can't fathom it, but you're a ****ing moron if you think Jacksonville State "manhandled" us last year.

You know, JSU was a typo...but we'll go with it since it made you so happy.

YoUDeeMan
January 8th, 2017, 09:34 PM
This is your OP. NDSU has a tremendous home field advantage. Congrats to your fans. Take the Bison out of their dome and they simply don't have their win streak (uh, should have used the past tense on that).

So now youve moved the goal posts to road games in the Play offs which is adorable since weve beaten Minnesota twice, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa, Iowa State, Central Michigan when they were the MAC champions all on the road. Now you cherry pick EWU and Montana (two losses) over the last 7 years as proof we cant win on the road? You conveniently have forgotten that we beat Montana State in the playoffs on the road to get to EWU. Where will you move the goalposts to now as you are looking exceedingly ignorant.

You do have a nice troll going with nothing more than opinionated hyperbole.

Montana State. xlolx

Now I know you are kidding.

YoUDeeMan
January 8th, 2017, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't expect a bison fan who has never expieranced what it's like to lose to be rational about any facts presented to them....Here is a fact.... Youngstown has had a population decrease in last 25 years of 50%....people aren't exactly flocking there for any other reason then to die

Dayam.

Troof. xnodx

I drive by Youngstown twice every year...very glad I keep going. xthumbsupx

Bisonoline
January 8th, 2017, 10:07 PM
Montana State. xlolx

Now I know you are kidding.

Yep MSU was in the playoffs. I guess youre not as smart as you thought. You were wrong. If youre going to cherry pick EWU then--- Live with it.

YoUDeeMan
January 9th, 2017, 06:57 AM
Yep MSU was in the playoffs. I guess youre not as smart as you thought. You were wrong. If youre going to cherry pick EWU then--- Live with it.

EWU was a good team. MSU was not. They are a Patriot team in disguise hiding in the Big Fluffy and have never heard of the word defense in their entire history.

Keep grasping at straws.

Christiank22
January 9th, 2017, 09:45 AM
EWU was a good team. MSU was not. They are a Patriot team in disguise hiding in the Big Fluffy and have never heard of the word defense in their entire history.

Keep grasping at straws.

If I remember correctly MSU was a potential favorite for the Natty that year and you cherry pick other years to degrade the win.

Keep grasping at straws buddy. Not our fault you root for a terrible team.

Lehigh'98
January 9th, 2017, 10:43 AM

Keep grasping at straws.

Didn't Rhode Island shut you guys out recently?

Bisonoline
January 9th, 2017, 10:57 AM

Keep grasping at straws.

No straws. You made a statement that was wrong. Nothing more to it.

YoUDeeMan
January 9th, 2017, 11:22 AM
If I remember correctly MSU was a potential favorite for the Natty that year and you cherry pick other years to degrade the win.

Keep grasping at straws buddy. Not our fault you root for a terrible team.

Nope...

The 2010 Montana State team gave up 61 (not a typo) points to Sacramento State (that was not a typo either), got whomped 34-7 by Arizona State, and nipped Idaho State, No. Co., and Montana by a combined 10 points. But yeah, to NDSU memories, the Bobkitties were all 10 feet tall and their entire team ended up as NFL draft picks.

Christiank22
January 9th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Nope...

The 2010 Montana State team gave up 61 (not a typo) points to Sacramento State (that was not a typo either), got whomped 34-7 by Arizona State, and nipped Idaho State, No. Co., and Montana by a combined 10 points. But yeah, to NDSU memories, the Bobkitties were all 10 feet tall and their entire team ended up as NFL draft picks.
Uhh what was JMUs score vs UNC this year?

YoUDeeMan
January 9th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Didn't Rhode Island shut you guys out recently?

Yes.

We were Brocked.

Don't worry though, some meatball people liked the slideshow presentation and decided on a plan where our offense would make their points total match the imaginary GPA of some ghost of Christmas past.

Good news, though...after a 4 year hiatus that made us look and play like a Patriot League team, UD will be back in the mix of things soon. xnodx

Now perhaps a mountain hawk can explain how Lehigh will ever be relevant to serious FCS playoff talk again? xeyebrowx

th0m
January 9th, 2017, 11:32 AM

Cluck u said arizona state.... What he meant was northern arizona, which makes it quite a bit of a worse loss really.

for the rest i have no dog in this fit. Carry on :d

Christiank22
January 9th, 2017, 11:33 AM
Cluck u said arizona state.... What he meant was northern arizona, which makes it quite a bit of a worse loss really.

Ahhh okay, yes that's a horrible loss. I was gonna say that kind of a loss to ASU isn't all that bad really. It's about on par with most FCS vs FBS matchups

YoUDeeMan
January 9th, 2017, 11:36 AM

Browser problems...or is it just a comprehension thing? xeyebrowx

- - - Updated - - -

Browser problems...or is it just a comprehension thing? xeyebrowx

Ahhh...typo thing on my part...my bad.

YoUDeeMan
January 9th, 2017, 11:37 AM

Thanks...saw something...typed another.

ValleyTalk
January 9th, 2017, 07:47 PM
Did anyone find the TV ratings for this game and if so, how do they compare to prior year title games? Figured you folks will know the answer cause I can't find it.

Thanks

Bisonoline
January 9th, 2017, 08:21 PM
Did anyone find the TV ratings for this game and if so, how do they compare to prior year title games? Figured you folks will know the answer cause I can't find it.

Thanks

I know they come out with the totals after all the bowls are done.

CockyGeek
January 9th, 2017, 08:27 PM

Thanks
Should be released on Thursday

ysubigred
January 10th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Weird game, YSU's D played great, I think JSU is under 300 yards and I doubt that has happened this year but man, was YSU ugly on O and special teams.

YSU was in the "red zone" 6 times in Fargo and came away with 3 points (same O showed up for the ship). The 20 day lay off really hurt. JMU was really good also!

DirtyDukes
January 10th, 2017, 08:56 AM
YSU was in the "red zone" 6 times in Fargo and came away with 3 points (same O showed up for the ship). The 20 day lay off really hurt. JMU was really good also!

Definitely agree with others that your D was the best we faced all year. However, if you were able to force more 3 and outs we wouldn't have just kept running so much. Anyone who points to the ship as proof JMU's offense was overrated didn't watch the game. We totally went into clock kill/ball protection mode after being up 28-7. My only complaint about YSU fans is that the random ones in the bar with us refused my shots, which meant I had to take like 4 myself and I was pretty hammered most of the game.

Lehigh'98
January 10th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Yes.

We were Brocked.

Don't worry though, some meatball people liked the slideshow presentation and decided on a plan where our offense would make their points total match the imaginary GPA of some ghost of Christmas past.

Good news, though...after a 4 year hiatus that made us look and play like a Patriot League team, UD will be back in the mix of things soon. xnodx

Now perhaps a mountain hawk can explain how Lehigh will ever be relevant to serious FCS playoff talk again? xeyebrowx

You should remove Delaware St from your schedule and put us back on.

cx500d
January 10th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Nope...

Uh they also "whomped" the national champions and went in with the #4 seed. They whomped New Hampshire in the playoffs the next year and stony brook the following year. I'd say they've had some success against east coast speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
January 10th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Nope...

As usual youre making **** up as you go along just to be a dick. Nobody said anything of that nature. Fact is you were wrong and your tact is to deflect away from your incompetence.

cx500d
January 10th, 2017, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't expect a bison fan who has never expieranced what it's like to lose to be rational about any facts presented to them....Here is a fact.... Youngstown has had a population decrease in last 25 years of 50%....people aren't exactly flocking there for any other reason then to die

We were something like 3-8 in 2009

YoUDeeMan
January 10th, 2017, 09:39 PM
Uh they also "whomped" the national champions and went in with the #4 seed. They whomped New Hampshire in the playoffs the next year and stony brook the following year. I'd say they've had some success against east coast speed.

Yeah, and SDSU whomped you guys this year, so they must have been really, really good. Probably should have finished the year ranked, third, huh?

And Stony Brook? Big South Stony Brook? xlolx Look, I know they impressed you Dakata folks by beating the overrated Sioux this year, but c'mon, man, you have to be kidding me. You can't talk about the next year's team, or the one after that, as though that was the team that bowed out early due to their lack of any D.

Seriously...are you snowed in and getting cabin fever? xeyebrowx

YoUDeeMan
January 10th, 2017, 09:51 PM
[/B]
As usual youre making **** up as you go along just to be a dick. Nobody said anything of that nature. Fact is you were wrong and your tact is to deflect away from your incompetence.

Wait...let me fact check that.

Well, after a long and careful analysis, it turns out that you were correct; no one actually posted that your opponents were 10 feet tall.

Good one, Colombo...and congrats! xnodx You've just been voted (unanimously) The Slow Illiterate Literal Poster Award of 2017. xbowx

You can pick up your prize here at the secret location...just look under the floorboards:

47.8820° N, 102.3524° W

Bisonoline
January 10th, 2017, 11:18 PM
Wait...let me fact check that.

Well, after a long and careful analysis, it turns out that you were correct; no one actually posted that your opponents were 10 feet tall.

Good one, Colombo...and congrats! xnodx You've just been voted (unanimously) The Slow Illiterate Literal Poster Award of 2017. xbowx

You can pick up your prize here at the secret location...just look under the floorboards:

47.8820° N, 102.3524° W

xblahx
xblahxxblahxxblahx

cx500d
January 11th, 2017, 08:54 PM
Yeah, and SDSU whomped you guys this year, so they must have been really, really good. Probably should have finished the year ranked, third, huh?

And Stony Brook? Big South Stony Brook? xlolx Look, I know they impressed you Dakata folks by beating the overrated Sioux this year, but c'mon, man, you have to be kidding me. You can't talk about the next year's team, or the one after that, as though that was the team that bowed out early due to their lack of any D.

Seriously...are you snowed in and getting cabin fever? xeyebrowx

Whomped on a last second play? At least the kitties legitimately whomped ewu in 2010.

Where are you getting big south stony brook? They are in the caa and apparently one of the best caa teams that year. And nobody impresses me that beats the fn hawks.

UNHWildcat18
January 11th, 2017, 09:08 PM

we missed a extra point to tie the game with 30 seconds left in regulation. Not really a "whomping" IMO. After reading this thread it might as well just be chimpanzees throwing poop at each other.

Bisonoline
January 11th, 2017, 09:22 PM
we missed a extra point to tie the game with 30 seconds left in regulation. Not really a "whomping" IMO. After reading this thread it might as well just be chimpanzees throwing poop at each other.

Oh dont take it that way. Hes just making sport of the chump trolls who have been using the "hot button" rolled and whomped words to to be dicks.

cx500d
January 11th, 2017, 09:22 PM

Yeah, I agree. I was using the term "whomp" because cluck u used it for circumstances that were anything but. He sounds bitter because Stony brook has been better then the chickens for quite some time.

Bisonator
January 12th, 2017, 09:08 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d3/31/dd/d331dd744a588513d30ab7cbd6af98cf.jpg