PDA

View Full Version : Ball Drawing Attention in Shrine Game Practices

TexasTerror
January 18th, 2007, 10:11 PM
From a Houston Chronicle blog...

David Ball, a receiver for Division I-AA New Hampshire, has been getting solid reviews while matching up one-on-one against I-A cornerbacks.

Entering this week, scouts wanted to see what kind of separation Ball could get going against a higher level of corners.

While Ball hasn't encountered a lot of press coverage, he's shown he can match up well. He joked his 40 time won't be among the best at the Indianapolis combine, he can run "a 4.5 when the clock is on."

Ball's 58 career touchdowns broke the I-AA record previously held by Jerry Rice.

http://blogs.chron.com/longhorns/2007/01/day_four_eastwest_shrine_game.html

VT Wildcat Fan53
January 19th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Here is another report from the Houston Chronicle from earlier in the week, under "Memorable Moments" from Monday's Shrine practice:

* David Ball (WR, New Hampshire) made a terrific "hands" catch over CB Daniel Francis (LSU) on a deep ball to end the East's practice. :thumbsup:

Link: http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2007/01/shrine_bowl_practice_report_mo_1.html

SunCoastBlueHen
January 19th, 2007, 08:44 AM
From the same report...

Delaware tight end Ben Patrick has also impressed scouts this week. "That guy has had a good week," one NFC scout said.

VT Wildcat Fan53
January 19th, 2007, 10:38 AM
From the same report...

I saw that note, too. Sorry I didn't include it. From what I saw of Patrick vs UNH this past fall, he is a great prospect. He is huge and he can really run. Good luck to both of them along with Baylark, the kids from Hampton, ...... and all the 1-AA hopefuls. :hurray:

SunCoastBlueHen
January 19th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Good luck to both of them along with Baylark, the kids from Hampton, ...... and all the 1-AA hopefuls. :hurray:

:nod: :hurray:

Old Cat Fan
January 19th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Game is on ESPN2 stardard def and high def Saturday at 7:00 pm EST for anyone wondering :thumbsup: It would be sweet if Ball, Patrick and Baylark could each get a TD :nod:

smallcollegefbfan
January 19th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Kyle Shotwell and Travarous Bain are doing well too.

Also, people have forgotten to mention Michael Coe. I don't think anyone has ever mentioned him. He has been a pleasant surprise down there.