PDA

View Full Version : JMU VS YSU

Pages : [1] 2 3

alexale23
December 17th, 2016, 09:01 PM
For all the marbles..... Who is going take it?Im still pissed about the first round loss in 2006... 35-31... Winning in Frisco will certainly make up for it.

kdinva
December 17th, 2016, 09:03 PM
I like JMU, but Bo Pelinni has 20 days to prepare.....as does Coach Houston.,.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 09:06 PM
YSU is hot as heck right now.

alexale23
December 17th, 2016, 09:08 PM
YSU offensive line was opening huge holes... hope the dukes d can shut that down

TheRevSFA
I'm taking YSU. Also don't care how jet lagged I am, gonna need to be in Frisco for this

Bisonwinagn
Will YSU get there players back??

CHIP72
December 17th, 2016, 09:09 PM
The team that scores more points. ;)

I'm going with James Madison in this one. Ironically, I've thought for a while the CAA should extend an invite to Youngstown State; it would reduce travel somewhat for the Penguins.

Perhaps the game can be moved to Morgantown, WV, roughly halfway between Harrisonburg and Youngstown. Lock up your couches!

CHIP72
December 17th, 2016, 09:10 PM

Considering they just played in a game where the temperature was 5 degrees F, I beg to differ. :p

Christiank22
December 17th, 2016, 09:10 PM
YSU please keep the title in the valley

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ytownchief22
December 17th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Going to be a battle!!!!

Bisonator
December 17th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Should be a great game. Both teams are very balanced. I'd give JMU the edge on offense and YSU the edge on defense. Looking forward to watching the game!

cx500d
December 17th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Wow, what a finish. I live near Frisco. I'll volunteer at the game as a Youngstown Fan if someone sends me a cap. Of course I'll still wear my Bison jacket...MVFC to win.

Wilson16
December 17th, 2016, 09:28 PM
This one is a toss up for me. Always cheer for the valley but after sitting next to the classy parents of JMUs #8 (Miller) on my Thursday flight home from Dallas I'll root for the Dukes to win.

ValleyTalk
December 17th, 2016, 09:48 PM
STATE OF YOUNGSTOWN

ysubigred
December 17th, 2016, 10:06 PM
I like JMU, but Bo Pelinni has 20 days to prepare.....as does Coach Houston.,.

Plus get this team healthy. We are so beat down right now

ysubigred
December 17th, 2016, 10:26 PM
JMU is a tough team and will be a hand full. YSU will need an A++ game to be in it.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2016, 10:32 PM
Congrats YSU!! It's awesome to see the Penguins back in the spotlight!! I think it's great for FCS!

With that said, I have to take JMU. This is a the Dukes year imo. I think this game will be similar to NDSU last night. YSU will hang around but JMU controls the play for most of the game....

DirtyDukes
December 17th, 2016, 10:34 PM
I haven't had a chance to watch YSU play this year - how does their DLine look? Are they going to be able to stop us from running?

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2016, 10:34 PM
I saw JMU do their thing live at the Fargodome, but what YSU did against EWU was amazing.

Tight game and less than a 1 score difference.

I took YSU but would not be shocked if JMU won.

Milktruck74
December 17th, 2016, 11:02 PM
I need JMU in my playoff bracket challenge. And I'm surprised by the votes for YSU.... Does the association with the MVFC give themTHAT much Cred?

SoupCity85
December 17th, 2016, 11:32 PM
I'm down with the Penguins!!! Here we come Frisco!!!

UNHWildcat18
December 18th, 2016, 12:06 AM
I'll sound like a CAA homer but ill take JMU no questions asked. JMU has an offense as good as EWU with a better RB, they also have a better defense than EWU. JMU beat NDSU at home and YSU lost to NDSU handily at home. (****ty to compare a who beat who regular season but idk just got back from bar and cant think of anything else).

My cousin is a freshman at JMU so GO DUKES!

Drblankstare
December 18th, 2016, 12:15 AM
At 1st glance it looks like JMU should win this fairly easily, but you start to look at what YSU has gone through in these playoffs and it is damn impressive. I'd say JMU should be the favorite, but YSU has the defensive and running game to make it a damn good game.

dewey
December 18th, 2016, 12:52 AM
Congratulations to both teams for impressive semifinal road wins. This will be the first time since 2008 that a National Champion has won a playoff game on the road.

If anyone needs recommendations for places to eat or stay shoot me a PM.

I also have 8 tickets that I am more than happy to sell at face value (I can also prove via email receipt what I paid).

Section 111, row 23, Seats 13-20 ($73/ea).

If you are a fan of either school do yourself a favor and go to the game. It is a great experience and worth the money.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2016, 01:18 AM
I love how YSU is "hot" but the team that dropped 65 on Sam Houston State and beat the Bison in Fargo isn't.

Give me JMU. Because run game.

frozennorth
December 18th, 2016, 01:31 AM
YSU should be able to hold JMU's run game in check better than NDSU did and they have a better QB. Voted JMU, but only just

344Johnson
December 18th, 2016, 01:33 AM
In a thread I can't post in because I didn't vote on.. Clenz posted this...

Ive talked all kinds of YSU **** over the years. I thought they were complete dog shot after the UNI game this year, even though they won.

Pelini made changes. He took a roster that is maybe the 4th most talented roster in the conference and has them in a title game....missing starters.

Holy ****, YSU. Enjoy the **** out of this. For the first time, ever, I'm actually jealous of YSU and will be pulling for you to win.

Pelini legitimately should be COY he's a douche and a half but what he has managed to do this year? Impossible if you'd have asked me even 6 weeks ago

I don't watch much FCS football anymore. But when YSU hired Pelini, I told my dad that the bear was awake, if he stuck around for a few years. Turns out this guy needed two. What a gangster. Lol. This guy did great. Baller. I will actually watch this game. I've decided I am rooting for YSU.

Woot Woot Bo Motherf****ing Pelini!

alexale23
December 18th, 2016, 01:41 AM
In a thread I can't post in because I didn't vote on.. Clenz posted this...

I don't watch much FCS football anymore. But when YSU hired Pelini, I told my dad that the bear was awake, if he stuck around for a few years. Turns out this guy needed two. What a gangster. Lol. This guy did great. Baller. I will actually watch this game. I've decided I am rooting for YSU.

Woot Woot Bo Motherf****ing Pelini!
The only reason YSU is going to Frisco is because they lucked out being on the other side of The bracket then JMU... The undefeated FCS season is destiny

JSUSoutherner
December 18th, 2016, 01:53 AM
YSU should be able to hold JMU's run game in check better than NDSU did and they have a better QB. Voted JMU, but only just
Like they stopped our run game? Or Wofford's?

penguinpower
December 18th, 2016, 04:32 AM
Keep in mind YSU has had to reach deep into the roster on defense during the playoff run and they haven't had a bye week since early October. YSU limped into the playoffs and the defense hasn't been the same in a while. Now they will have roughly 3 weeks to heal up. Add in the suspensions and they've really had their back to the wall. Good news for them is that the other phases of the game have made up for the defense during the run. I like YSU'so chances with some time to heal and game plan for JMU.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2016, 05:35 AM
I'll take JMU but expect a tough battle from Youngstown State, JMU would seem like the clear favorite in Vegas but beating YSU will not come easy.

In the end, I just like Schor and his playmaking ability, give a heady and talented QB like him all those weapons and you get a JMU type offense.

the kid is a winner!

The D is much better than the typical JMU defense, I was just as surprised as the Bison coach that they were not overpowered by the Vanilla Bison game plan.

One other comment, Mike Houston is very impressive!

YSU is a gutty team as shown yesterday, #83 with one of biggest clutch catches in the history of College football is just a microcosm of the kind of team YSU has become,

The Dukes better not think they have this thing won just because they beat the Bison in the Dome... but not to worry, Coach Houston will not allow for that mindset

In the end, JMU wins a nail bitter

Dukie95
December 18th, 2016, 05:49 AM
As last night's game was wrapping up, I found myself rooting for EWU to hang on because I thought JMU would easily handle EWU's one-dimensional offense and poor (or poorly conditioned) defense.

Now that it's the more balanced and confident YSU, I'm concerned. I still believe JMU has the talent and coaching to win this game, but I don't expect the easy victory many might assume with the unseeded vs. the team that beat NDSU.

McCowboys
December 18th, 2016, 07:30 AM
Just WOW! Congratulations to JMU and YSU! Kudos to all four semifinal teams for awesome entertaining games! xthumbsupx If the championship game is half as exciting as these two games, we have a lot to look forward to.

Lehigh'98
December 18th, 2016, 07:38 AM
Fantastic semis all around. Both historical games. Usually go with the better coach in these games, but I don't know who that is. Picking JMU because I think they have just as potent offense as EWU, but a much more physical and faster D. 35-27. Grew up in Ytown too, so I'm kinda torn here.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Lol goodluck YSU, you're going to need it.

Theee Catrabbit
December 18th, 2016, 09:12 AM
You gotta be kidding me. I didn't even watch the EWU and YSU game and then the final play pops up in my facebook. This is a direct kick in the old Jackrabbit crotch. I don't think YSU stands a chance, but who knows. As evident the other side of the bracket was piece of **** and YSU comes out on top. Good job selection committee.

swaghook
December 18th, 2016, 09:13 AM
My brain tells me JMU no brainer even. But my heart wants an MVFC win and I also enjoy rooting for the underdog(unless they are playing NDSU) so my pick for the huge upset in Frisco is YSU.

If you are making the the trip go to Pecan Lodge for great BBQ and go over to SugarBacon in McKinney for a great meal as well. Fogo De Chao is a great stop as well for lunch(supper is more $$$).

ytownchief22
December 18th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Lol goodluck YSU, you're going to need it.

Thanks. Have fun sitting at home.

ValleyTalk
December 18th, 2016, 09:23 AM
My brain tells me JMU no brainer even. But my heart wants an MVFC win and I also enjoy rooting for the underdog(unless they are playing NDSU) so my pick for the huge upset in Frisco is YSU.
Would it really be a "huge upset?" We already knocked off the #2 and #3 seeds in the playoffs on the road. This one is on a neutral field.

SoupCity85
December 18th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Some of you people are a true joke!!! YSU has beaten the #2 and #3 on their fields, what does this team have to do to get some respect on here? Oh yeah, that's right....the bison lost therefore no one has a chance to beat JMU. SMFH.

Christiank22
December 18th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Would it really be a "huge upset?" We already knocked off the #2 and #3 seeds in the playoffs on the road. This one is on a neutral field.
This. At this point YSU has proved they're a great team that has really kicked it on at the right time. I feel like on paper JMU looks like the no brainer but with the way YSU has been playing and the teams they've had to play I feel like they have the edge.

Bring it back to the valley YSU!

clawman
December 18th, 2016, 09:56 AM
Will YSU get there players back??
There is a place.

DoubleE
December 18th, 2016, 09:58 AM
There is a place.

#1 Stop being a grammer nazi

#2 No, they will not

POD Knows
December 18th, 2016, 09:58 AM
I am shocked that YSU is in Frisco, I watched YSU play 4 or 5 times this year, completely unimpressed. Didn't get to see the game last night and will probably watch the replay today. That being said, they are in Frisco but I think they get rolled there.

It won't be close, JMU in a rout.

mcveyrl
December 18th, 2016, 10:01 AM
I am shocked that YSU is in Frisco, I watched YSU play 4 or 5 times this year, completely unimpressed. Didn't get to see the game last night and will probably watch the replay today. That being said, they are in Frisco but I think they get rolled there.

Oh no...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RootinFerDukes
December 18th, 2016, 10:03 AM

JMU is even hotter as heck then.

Daytripper
December 18th, 2016, 10:04 AM
I am going with JMU. The one thing that will benefit YSU though is the slow track in Frisco. That bad turf will slow down the Dukes' offense a bit, but probably not enough.

JMU 31
YSU 21

And I am looking forward to going to this game. A lot less stressful when you have no rooting interest. I will just sit back and enjoy a (hopefully) great game.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Oh no...

You will be OK, hell, I picked you to beat NDSU and you did.

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2016, 10:10 AM
That wasn't the same offense that was in Fargo, that was on ESPN last night. YSU looks a lot better now. Their defense is a little better than NDSU's at this point.

ValleyTalk
December 18th, 2016, 10:20 AM

Been hearing this every week of the playoffs thus far. Sure we may not make it pretty, but we are gritty, and we do get the job done. xnodx

ValleyTalk
December 18th, 2016, 10:23 AM
That wasn't the same offense that was in Fargo, that was on ESPN last night. YSU looks a lot better now. Their defense is a little better than NDSU's at this point.
Since that NDSU game, YSU has won six straight games. In those six wins YSU is averaging 39 ppg. The changes Bo promised after that game came true.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Been hearing this every week of the playoffs thus far. Sure we may not make it pretty, but we are gritty, and we do get the job done. xnodx

Some of the YSU games I watched were early games, the Bison game and the Wofford game, but you guys are rolling now. I will be routing for YSU but JMU can play.

Gook luck in Frisco,

cx500d
December 18th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Hopefully they learned there lesson and the "bad turf" won't be as pathetic as the year we played Towson there and it was coming up all over the place. They had all the NCAA weenies at halftime and timeouts putting pieces back in place in some futile display to make it look like they were doing something about it. They blamed it on the cold snap we had just previous to the game not allowing the sod to root and set. Of course right now were are having a freeze.....

I am going with JMU. The one thing that will benefit YSU though is the slow track in Frisco. That bad turf will slow down the Dukes' offense a bit, but probably not enough.

JMU 31
YSU 21

And I am looking forward to going to this game. A lot less stressful when you have no rooting interest. I will just sit back and enjoy a (hopefully) great game.

ming01
December 18th, 2016, 12:27 PM
I would not take YSU for granted.

JMUNJ08
December 18th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Looking forward to this game. I went to the Ice Palace back in '06 when they only seeded the top 4 and JMU was #5 but in driving distance to YSU so we got sent there in the first round (16 teams). We fell apart in the 4th and it was a rather bitter pill to swallow. Can't wait for the championship revenge and to see Bo go nuts like I saw at Nebraska!

cx500d
December 18th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Bo became completely unglued and went nuts late in the 4th quarter of our game last year, got an unsportsmanlike penalty call against him and pretty much sealed the win for us in 2015. That games probably on youtube. Look it up, its in the last minute or two of the game. He didn't do that this year, but this year's game wasn't close; last year they almost beat us.

Looking forward to this game. I went to the Ice Palace back in '06 when they only seeded the top 4 and JMU was #5 but in driving distance to YSU so we got sent there in the first round (16 teams). We fell apart in the 4th and it was a rather bitter pill to swallow. Can't wait for the championship revenge and to see Bo go nuts like I saw at Nebraska!

th0m
December 18th, 2016, 12:59 PM

JMU 31
YSU 21

That was the score when we beat Montana in '04, so I'll take it! And the sod in Chattanooga was atrocious!

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2016, 01:06 PM

if your a JMU fan, this pick should be worrisome...

alexale23
December 18th, 2016, 01:13 PM
So is YSU getting back the missing secondary starters.... Schor and our WR will pick them apart all day if they are not...

JMU 37
YSU 17

Our defense will will play well again.. I see At least 2 ints for them because YSU will be playing from behind and have to pass a lot..

JMU>Ndsu>SDSU>YSU

DirtyDukes
December 18th, 2016, 01:56 PM

Really? All we heard was how NDSU's run defense was the best in the country. And we ran all over them.

PurpleStreamers
December 18th, 2016, 02:13 PM

I don't think anyone is taking the 'Guins for granted. Certainly not the way we would have if it had been Eastern. Just a confident group that enjoys the trolling and banter!

alexale23
December 18th, 2016, 02:25 PM
I really haven't seen YSU play except EWU game....If you are in the same boat...

JSU vs YSU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I0f_rFjirok

YSU vs NDSU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2bjtkVD2KcQ

YSU vs UNI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aX75hqH-HJ8

YSU vs Wofford not full game

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=unR8jbChshA

cx500d
December 18th, 2016, 02:39 PM
Yep... You exposed our defense. Not all of us were as confident as the NDSU trolls given the way our defense frequently spots the other team a lead and our offense underperforms in the 2nd half. I was amazed we made a game of it in the 3rd quarter, but quite frankly you could have been up another 14 points except for some mistakes in the first half.

That said, I'll be at the game in Frisco wearing something with a "Y" or a cute wobbly bird on it. MVFC hangs together.

Really? All we heard was how NDSU's run defense was the best in the country. And we ran all over them.

ST_Lawson
December 18th, 2016, 02:49 PM
I'll be rooting for Youngstown to bring another one back for the Valley, but damn if James Madison isn't one of the best teams I think I've ever seen play. I think if YSU doesn't have their players back, the Dukes have the advantage. If the Penguins are full-strength, it should be close. Shaping up to be a really good game.

ValleyTalk
December 18th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Well fortunately for YSU, we will have 3 weeks to heal up our banged up DL which will be the key to our success if we want to beat JMU. I do like the fact Bo and Carl Pelini have 3 weeks to get a game-plan together to slow down Abdullah and Co. I certainly think Abdullah is the best RB YSU will see this year and is the best back in the FCS. He will be tough to stop that is for sure.

All 5 suspended players are definitely going to be out for this game. Everything I've seen in our local media tells me the NCAA has these 5 out the rest of this year and 50% of next year, although I think most of them are seniors anyways. If someone wants to correct me on that if I am wrong, feel free to do so, but I do not see them returning.

alexale23
December 18th, 2016, 03:02 PM
Well fortunately for YSU, we will have 3 weeks to heal up our banged up DL which will be the key to our success if we want to beat JMU. I do like the fact Bo and Carl Pelini have 3 weeks to get a game-plan together to slow down Abdullah and Co. I certainly think Abdullah is the best RB YSU will see this year and is the best back in the FCS. He will be tough to stop that is for sure.

All 5 suspended players are definitely going to be out for this game. Everything I've seen in our local media tells me the NCAA has these 5 out the rest of this year and 50% of next year, although I think most of them are seniors anyways. If someone wants to correct me on that if I am wrong, feel free to do so, but I do not see them returning.

So this would prolly be more then just smoking marijuana if they are out that long?

alexale23
December 18th, 2016, 03:05 PM
Holiday Roasted Penguin Recipe... For all those who want to get your Penguin eat on.

http://www.thenonreview.com/2012/12/favorite-holiday-recipes-oven-roasted.html

cx500d
December 18th, 2016, 03:06 PM
A better one is this short clip...This was in 2015 when YSU almost beat us at Youngstown. Say what you will about the PI call the preceded this, but Pelini cost his team any chance with his two Unsportsmanlike penalties in the last minute of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7N71odGDH0

I really haven't seen YSU play except EWU game....If you are in the same boat...

JSU vs YSU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I0f_rFjirok

YSU vs NDSU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2bjtkVD2KcQ

YSU vs UNI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aX75hqH-HJ8

YSU vs Wofford not full game

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=unR8jbChshA

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 18th, 2016, 03:08 PM
It's my hope that with the 3 weeks off we will have back AP First Team All-American Mitchell Kirsch back. If anyone was watching, he was replaced by #68, who jumped offsides 4-5 times against NDSU. Even if he isn't back, I think he performs far better at Frisco than at NDSU. Also I'm hoping we get back our starting center, Kyle Rigney, who got hurt in the first quarter against NDSU and didn't return.

Who knows if we'll get back Brandon Hereford (Linebacker, #2 in tackers on the team) or Terrence Alls (#2 receiver on the team). They were both suspended between the SHSU and NDSU games.

alexale23
December 18th, 2016, 03:25 PM
A better one is this short clip...This was in 2015 when YSU almost beat us at Youngstown. Say what you will about the PI call the preceded this, but Pelini cost his team any chance with his two Unsportsmanlike penalties in the last minute of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7N71odGDH0

wow who would want to play for this guy...I would never send my kid to play for a guy like that.Unless he was a straight pos and needed the discipline.. It's like sending your kid to military school..

cx500d
December 18th, 2016, 03:31 PM
As someone who spent 28 years in the military, there is nothing wrong with military school... That said, coming unglued in your last possession when you still have a chance shows a complete lack of military style discipline.

wow who would want to play for this guy...I would never send my kid to play for a guy like that.Unless he was a straight pos and needed the discipline.. It's like sending your kid to military school..

penguinpower
December 18th, 2016, 03:38 PM
So this would prolly be more then just smoking marijuana if they are out that long?

No that is the penalty for illicit street drugs. PEDS are 1 full year

penguinpower
December 18th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Yep... You exposed our defense. Not all of us were as confident as the NDSU trolls given the way our defense frequently spots the other team a lead and our offense underperforms in the 2nd half. I was amazed we made a game of it in the 3rd quarter, but quite frankly you could have been up another 14 points except for some mistakes in the first half.

That said, I'll be at the game in Frisco wearing something with a "Y" or a cute wobbly bird on it. MVFC hangs together.

PM me and join the tailgate

Daved
December 18th, 2016, 06:21 PM
The only reason YSU is going to Frisco is because they lucked out being on the other side of The bracket then JMU... The undefeated FCS season is destinyHopefully YSU will "luck out" one more time against the "unbeatable" Dukes--if the suspensions include this game it would take a miracle--if not it may go like the unbeatable Dukes of 2006 with the invincible Mickey Matthews at the helm.

Daved
December 18th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Thanks. Have fun sitting at home.I don't think most NDSU and SDSU fans understand that this isn't the same team that they both easily handled earlier this year--that team wouldn't have won the past 4 games.

Daved
December 18th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Oh no...

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat sounds like butthurt to me,I'm sure Bo would concede if he knew the guy wasn't impressed--it should be a rout if we don't get our players back--worse case we will be runners up,rest of the teams can watch the "rout" sitting at home.

F'N Hawks
December 18th, 2016, 06:38 PM
James opens as a 3 point favorite.

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2016, 06:39 PM
I don't think most NDSU and SDSU fans understand that this isn't the same team that they both easily handled earlier this year--that team wouldn't have one the past 4 games.

I don't think you know that we know that, lol. I previously posted in this thread that YSU made changes after the NDSU game.

Daved
December 18th, 2016, 06:40 PM
James opens as a 3 point favorite.Hard to believe that--I would think with YSU's starters being out it would be closer to 3td favorites.

F'N Hawks
December 18th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Hard to believe that--I would think with YSU's starters being out it would be closer to 3td favorites.

Are those same guys suspended for this game too?

penguinpower
December 18th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Are those same guys suspended for this game too?

Yes. The NCAA requires suspension of 50% of the season for street drugs. In this case marijuana

alexale23
December 18th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Yes. The NCAA requires suspension of 50% of the season for street drugs. In this case marijuana
Jmu has guys suspended too... 2nd leading wr and tackler.... but if they failed team tests and not NCAA tests thats a big difference...both those guys missed ndsu game....I'm hoping it was team test because coach Houston said we have a very high standard.... we are going to do it right...so hopefully just one game. As of now they are suspended indefinitely so doesn't really look good for them.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 18th, 2016, 07:59 PM
31-13 Youngstown St

penguinpower
December 18th, 2016, 08:14 PM
31-13 Youngstown St

I sure hope the team can live up to that expectation. I like how you think

alexale23
December 18th, 2016, 08:38 PM
31-13 Youngstown St

Your predictions have been really off lately..By default everyone should just take the opposite of what you say

RootinFerDukes
December 18th, 2016, 09:17 PM
I sure hope the team can live up to that expectation. I like how you think

He also went on all week about how JMU would get blown out by ndsu, so yeah.

cx500d
December 18th, 2016, 09:56 PM
I don't think most NDSU and SDSU fans understand that this isn't the same team that they both easily handled earlier this year--that team wouldn't have one the past 4 games.

Oh we're painfully aware it's not the same team. What a turnaround!

SUUTbird
December 19th, 2016, 04:15 AM
After watching both teams play I have to go with the JMU in this one. Hell of a performance by both teams in the semifinals on the road but I think overall the Dukes are a better team.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Voted for JMU who I "think" will win. Rooting for YSU.

YSU is going to have a hard time throwing the ball against the Dukes and JMU's run defense was really eye opening against NDSU. I don't think the Penguins can score with JMU but it'll be interesting to see how both teams handle the layoff. Mis-handling the logistics of the layoff has hurt teams in the past in Frisco.

RootinFerDukes
December 19th, 2016, 08:33 AM
So NDSU fans, how does a team "avoid the layoff" of the 3 weeks in between? I think it's more of an advantage if anything. Time to come back from injuries, gameplan, rest and relax and rejuvenate. It's hysterical when people say things like, Pelini has 3 weeks to get ready for JMU. Okay, Houston has 3 weeks and a day to get ready for YSU.

JSUSoutherner
December 19th, 2016, 08:38 AM
So NDSU fans, how does a team "avoid the layoff" of the 3 weeks in between? I think it's more of an advantage if anything. Time to come back from injuries, gameplan, rest and relax and rejuvenate. It's hysterical when people say things like, Pelini has 3 weeks to get ready for JMU. Okay, Houston has 3 weeks and a day to get ready for YSU.
That long of a stretch can defintely stifle momentum. We were rolling in the playoffs last year and we showed up in Frisco flatter than roadkill.

DirtyDukes
December 19th, 2016, 08:42 AM
With Friday's win, JMU football now has road wins against the second through fifth place teams in the CAA and No. 1 North Dakota State.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2016, 08:47 AM
What seemed to work well for NDSU is to not take off too much time around Christmas. I believe most years they practiced on 12/23 and were back by 12/27. I think SHSU gave their team a full week off at Christmas either the first or second time NDSU played them (thinking it was the second time) and their offense looked very out of sync.

Also, I've heard NDSU coaches say before how they needed to have everything installed by the start of game week. The team travels to Frisco the Wednesday before the game I believe and once they're there they have practice time but there's very little that'll get done due to time constraints and the fact that practices are open to the public.

deez_na
December 19th, 2016, 08:49 AM
I sure hope they can damn near fill the seats in Frisco. It should be easier this year since they are short like 20% of the seats in the end zone due to their renovation.

RootinFerDukes
December 19th, 2016, 09:06 AM
That long of a stretch can defintely stifle momentum. We were rolling in the playoffs last year and we showed up in Frisco flatter than roadkill.

You all did have to play NDSU though. I think that was also a big part of it. It was also their fifth straight appearance in Frisco, so they were very much used to the routine.

UNIFanSince1983
December 19th, 2016, 09:14 AM
This should be interesting. I will be rooting for the Fighting Penguins, but I voted JMU because I believe they are the better team and will win.

Will be a fun game to watch either way. Pretty interesting that even in a down year for the MVFC we end up with 2 in the semis and 1 in the Finals again.

Smokey 1
December 19th, 2016, 09:29 AM

I can see how that might happen but it is on the coaches to motivate the team and make sure they come out hot and not flat. I don't see that happening with JMU and the coaches they have.

Longhorn
December 19th, 2016, 09:45 AM
I don't think this will be much of a contest as the game progresses into the late second quarter. Unless there is a horrendous ice storm that limits JMU's passing attack, YSU is going to be embarrassed ala UNH and SHSU. Biggest CAA NC victory since Delaware over Colgate in 2003.

NDSUtk
December 19th, 2016, 10:30 AM
I don't think this will be much of a contest as the game progresses into the late second quarter. Unless there is a horrendous ice storm that limits JMU's passing attack, YSU is going to be embarrassed ala UNH and SHSU. Biggest CAA NC victory since Delaware over Colgate in 2003.
You also predicted JMU to have 28-35 points in the first half against NDSU. I know you have LOVED to rip on NDSU fans for having green tinted glasses but just maybe you're are a bit homerish too, no?

Bison56
December 19th, 2016, 10:59 AM

Yeah you are quite the prediction maker as we have seen here recently. I don't know why I am feeding the troll.xdrunkyx

ysubigred
December 19th, 2016, 11:04 AM

I'm afraid JMU will win by 24. YSU don't have much of a chance xbawlingx

NDSUtk
December 19th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Well being fans, I find that continuing a routine of consuming copious amounts of alcohol at least twice weekly during the break is key. The normal routine for Frisco is hit it really hard Thursday night, easier Friday, hard Saturday morning. So it's quite difficult to prep for it during that break before the championship. Throw in the Xmas holiday, and you can really throw off your prep.

As for the team...Well, that I have less insight into. I know we don't take many days off as was stated earlier. The other thing is game week is all sorts of ****ed up for the teams. They travel way earlier than any other game. They have NCAA mandatory events - press conferences, outings, etc. So from about Wednesday on, your coach needs to realize he gets basically no control over the routine. And that's tricky. That's where in all honesty the familiarity of Frisco gives returning teams an advantage.

One thing that I think is really cool on game day is the police escort and team walk. Frisco does it like the guys are in the big leagues. The team buses are given a police escort all the way to the stadium and the crowds are lined up to welcome them. I can't fathom how cool that just feel as a player. Make sure you don't miss it as a fan. That, like all things Frisco, is scheduled. You'll get a game day schedule posted online with the time of your team's arrival.

Hopefully your Alumni Association (both YSU and JMU) hosts a pep rally. NDSU has done one every year. First year was a hotel, but that was a mistake (too small and they ran out of beer by 9 pm). Then we switched to the baseball park and eventually the basketball arena by the Stonebriar mall in Frisco.

Enjoy the trip!

JayMYou
December 19th, 2016, 11:43 AM

This. As is the norm there are fans/trolls that seem to "know" a game will be a landslide one way or the other but I feel the same as you do. There is a very good chance JMU wins by multiple scores but I know Coach Houston will be approaching YSU and this game with all the care and respect it deserves. 3 weeks is a long time to prepare and heal, this game has the makings of a drawn-out battle.

KPSUL
December 19th, 2016, 11:46 AM
I don't think this will be much of a contest as the game progresses into the late second quarter. Unless there is a horrendous ice storm that limits JMU's passing attack, YSU is going to be embarrassed ala UNH and SHSU. Biggest CAA NC victory since Delaware over Colgate in 2003. UNH doesn't get embarrassed, just even when you're not expecting it.

KPSUL
December 19th, 2016, 11:50 AM
Yeah you are quite the prediction maker as we have seen here recently. I don't know why I am feeding the troll.xdrunkyx
Because he has a cavernous appetite for eating crow?

ytownchief22
December 19th, 2016, 12:02 PM

Ah yes, so YSU should just not show up! Got it, thanks.

cx500d
December 19th, 2016, 12:03 PM
We did the Allen Events center at least one year also; it was built as a hockey arena and concert venue. Our pep rally set the attendance record at that time.

Well being fans, I find that continuing a routine of consuming copious amounts of alcohol at least twice weekly during the break is key. The normal routine for Frisco is hit it really hard Thursday night, easier Friday, hard Saturday morning. So it's quite difficult to prep for it during that break before the championship. Throw in the Xmas holiday, and you can really throw off your prep.

As for the team...Well, that I have less insight into. I know we don't take many days off as was stated earlier. The other thing is game week is all sorts of ****ed up for the teams. They travel way earlier than any other game. They have NCAA mandatory events - press conferences, outings, etc. So from about Wednesday on, your coach needs to realize he gets basically no control over the routine. And that's tricky. That's where in all honesty the familiarity of Frisco gives returning teams an advantage.

One thing that I think is really cool on game day is the police escort and team walk. Frisco does it like the guys are in the big leagues. The team buses are given a police escort all the way to the stadium and the crowds are lined up to welcome them. I can't fathom how cool that just feel as a player. Make sure you don't miss it as a fan. That, like all things Frisco, is scheduled. You'll get a game day schedule posted online with the time of your team's arrival.

Hopefully your Alumni Association (both YSU and JMU) hosts a pep rally. NDSU has done one every year. First year was a hotel, but that was a mistake (too small and they ran out of beer by 9 pm). Then we switched to the baseball park and eventually the basketball arena by the Stonebriar mall in Frisco.

Enjoy the trip!

DirtyDukes
December 19th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Serious question for YSU fans: how is your DLine at stopping the run? Obviously pretty good if you beat JSU and EWU. I think the biggest matchup will be our Oline versus your Dline.

JSUSoutherner
December 19th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Serious question for YSU fans: how is your DLine at stopping the run? Obviously pretty good if you beat JSU and EWU. I think the biggest matchup will be our Oline versus your Dline.
We ran for 317 yards and averaged 6.5 YPC.

The real matchup will be in the secondary. We can't pass. JMU can.

DirtyDukes
December 19th, 2016, 12:10 PM

Damn! How did you guys lose? Just couldn't stop their offense?

JSUSoutherner
December 19th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Damn! How did you guys lose? Just couldn't stop their offense?
They made plays.

They took several deep shots and completed them because we overloaded the box and couldn't get enough pressure. We couldn't get out of our own way and convert on third down. They had no answer for Eli's running ability but they had everything else pegged.

Their deep shots were:
70 yards TD
37 yards TD
25 yards
50 yards
85 yards
50 yard TD
38 yards

Eli had 189 yards rushing but went 6/26 passing. That's how.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2016, 12:16 PM
This should be interesting. I will be rooting for the Fighting Penguins, but I voted JMU because I believe they are the better team and will win.

Will be a fun game to watch either way. Pretty interesting that even in a down year for the MVFC we end up with 2 in the semis and 1 in the Finals again.

God Bless Central Arkansas.... maybe the rotation has begun...

CHIP72
December 19th, 2016, 12:32 PM

As a prognosticator: Stonewall D > Longhorn

xnodx xlolx

Paladin1aa
December 19th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Looking forward to a competitive game where either team can win. This was a rare season where I missed on my prediction, calling for YSU to go 6-5 and no playoffs. Having QB problems and trying to change the O will do that sometimes. But beating UNI and then changing QBs and the system employed had great effect to go with a pretty good D. Since YSU got into the playoffs, I've called for them to win all their games so far. No one would have dreamed it pre-season, but YSU has a shot at winning another National title. If so, it will be because of a great D, a conservative run oriented O with play action passing and good special teams play.

Frankly, while I expected them to beat EWU, the game winning catch put an exclamation point on this season so far........... never count the Guins out . They are playing at a level where anything can happen.

I also agree -- I thought the MVFC was down this year and here it is with two semi-finalist and another MVFC team in the title game. I sure hope the MVFC doesn't get too tough for next year !! :D

cx500d
December 19th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Yeah, it could be a bunch of 7-4 teams the way we beat up each other.

Looking forward to a competitive game where either team can win. This was a rare season where I missed on my prediction, calling for YSU to go 6-5 and no playoffs. Having QB problems and trying to change the O will do that sometimes. But beating UNI and then changing QBs and the system employed had great effect to go with a pretty good D. Since YSU got into the playoffs, I've called for them to win all their games so far. No one would have dreamed it pre-season, but YSU has a shot at winning another National title. If so, it will be because of a great D, a conservative run oriented O with play action passing and good special teams play.

Frankly, while I expected them to beat EWU, the game winning catch put an exclamation point on this season so far........... never count the Guins out . They are playing at a level where anything can happen.

I also agree -- I thought the MVFC was down this year and here it is with two semi-finalist and another MVFC team in the title game. I sure hope the MVFC doesn't get too tough for next year !! :D

bjtheflamesfan
December 19th, 2016, 02:37 PM

Schor is an outstanding QB...and he is a junior too so while I don't think he will pull a Carson Wentz, you have to think that some scouts are gonna have him on their radar since he will be able to declare for the NFL Draft. A big performance on a championship stage could mean more than a few phone calls to Coach Houston from agents and maybe an NFL QB coach or two.

Paging SCFBF...thoughts?

Thumper 76
December 19th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Does Bo have a slight advantage with his experience from long layoffs before bowl games at all maybe? Don't know much about Houston before his time at El Cid, but I would think that could help with YSUs preparation.

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2016, 03:30 PM
as far as coaches go, I'll take my chances with Houston...

The Duke Dog
December 19th, 2016, 07:36 PM
Dukes - the travel agency just secured another hotel for their packages since the other 3 + sold out. There are limited numbers so go get em! (800) 736-6377

ValleyTalk
December 19th, 2016, 09:19 PM

Well said... And this is coming from someone that has been quite critical of you and your posts for years.

Go Guins!

ytownchief22
December 20th, 2016, 07:45 AM
7 suspended players for JMU ? Uh oh....

NDSUtk
December 20th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Link to support this:
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/seven-james-madison-football-players-suspended

SkinsWizDukes
December 20th, 2016, 08:00 AM

These players were suspended against NDSU as well.

DirtyDukes
December 20th, 2016, 08:01 AM
Yeah this is old news - their replacements came in and played superbly.

Gangtackle11
December 20th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Yeah this is old news - their replacements came in and played superbly.

The bad part is the NCAA randomly drug tests before & after the game. I doubt they caught all given 7 were. It's a shame that players are still dumb enough to even take the chance.

DirtyDukes
December 20th, 2016, 08:21 AM
The bad part is the NCAA randomly drug tests before & after the game. I doubt they caught all given 7 were. It's a shame that players are still dumb enough to even take the chance.

We believe this was a team instituted test since Coach didn't have to comment on the length of their suspension.

bluehenbillk
December 20th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Players have always cheated - obviously the tests are becoming more advanced.

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2016, 09:25 AM
These players were suspended against NDSU as well.

Oh really? Do you want to list the players who were suspended? I've not seen the entire list. I do know NDSU had zero players involved with illegal substances violations. Spin it how you want but it's a black eye for the FCS. Shame on both YSU and JMU teams players involved.

SkinsWizDukes
December 20th, 2016, 09:27 AM
Oh really? Do you want to list the players who were suspended? I've not seen the entire list. I do know NDSU had zero players involved with illegal substances violations. Spin it how you want but it's a black eye for the FCS. Shame on both YSU and JMU teams players involved.

Where did I attempt to spin it?

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Where did I attempt to spin it?

If you can't see that there is no hope for you. You said none of the suspended players played against NDSU. How do you know this? JMU hasn't released the names of the suspended players. That my friend is spin at it's finest.

DirtyDukes
December 20th, 2016, 09:41 AM
If you can't see that there is no hope for you. You said none of the suspended players played against NDSU. How do you know this? JMU hasn't released the names of the suspended players. That my friend is spin at it's finest.

What? They announced on the broadcast they didn't play. And JMU announced the two starters who didn't play's names. Everyone else was announced as a non-starter.

SkinsWizDukes
December 20th, 2016, 09:46 AM

Because I know which players are suspended and they didn't play? Just because JMU doesn't announce it the public doesn't mean it's not known. That's not spin, that's fact.

F'N Hawks
December 20th, 2016, 09:50 AM
By my count there were 13 players that played vs. SHSU but DID NOT play vs. NDSU. I assume a combo of injuries/suspensions/don't need to play since it wasn't a blowout.

DirtyDukes
December 20th, 2016, 09:53 AM
By my count there were 13 players that played vs. SHSU but DID NOT play vs. NDSU. I assume a combo of injuries/suspensions.

I'd be interested in seeing that list. A lot of them would be people who got put in because we were up 65-0.

Lehigh'98
December 20th, 2016, 09:54 AM
I'd be interested in seeing that list. A lot of them would be people who got put in because we were up 65-0.

That would be the first place to look.

F'N Hawks
December 20th, 2016, 09:55 AM

Yup. Just amended my comment to include those guys. #55, 58, and 60 are all backup OL.

Make that 12 guys.

1 (backup QB)

Also, appears Hereford didn't start but played vs. SHSU.

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2016, 10:08 AM
What? They announced on the broadcast they didn't play. And JMU announced the two starters who didn't play's names. Everyone else was announced as a non-starter.

Why the big secret then? And to SkinsWizDukes (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/member.php?3960-SkinsWizDukes) we can all feel better now that YOU know the names and have confirmed they didn't play LOL.

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 10:10 AM
If the same squad that came to play in Fargo is elligibable to play and Frisco I think we will be fine. Especially if Kirsch is healthy to go..YSU missing their starting corners looked like a death blow to them as Kupp was eating them up.They over came it but I still think it's going to be a huge issue for the penguins. Hopefully this will be a huge lesson for the kids next year.. It's not worth working your ass off for several months to miss these huge games.

UNIFanSince1983
December 20th, 2016, 10:47 AM
If the same squad that came to play in Fargo is elligibable to play and Frisco I think we will be fine. Especially if Kirsch is healthy to go..YSU missing their starting corners looked like a death blow to them as Kupp was eating them up.They over came it but I still think it's going to be a huge issue for the penguins. Hopefully this will be a huge lesson for the kids next year.. It's not worth working your ass off for several months to miss these huge games.

Sadly JMU doesn't have a receiver nearly as good as Kupp.

Bison56
December 20th, 2016, 10:47 AM
Why the big secret then? And to SkinsWizDukes (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/member.php?3960-SkinsWizDukes) we can all feel better now that YOU know the names and have confirmed they didn't play LOL.

https://media3.popsugar-assets.com/files/2013/07/06/289/n/1922283/f89dec42491b57a9_obviously.xxxlarge.gif (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwil1aWmnIPRAhUL9IMKHX_UDWMQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popsugar.com%2Fentertainment% 2FTrue-Blood-Recap-Last-30938267&bvm=bv.142059868,d.cGc&psig=AFQjCNGWx4Ek3PUhbKbMWBtjzhDIJnC2cA&ust=1482338744593907)

Bison56
December 20th, 2016, 10:50 AM

I don't think its a reach to say that EWU WRs are a little better than JMU WRs, and I believe it was the 2 safeties not corners that are out don't quote me on it though.

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 10:51 AM
Sadly JMU doesn't have a receiver nearly as good as Kupp.
Clearly but I don't think it matters because of how wide open he was on many plays.

penguinpower
December 20th, 2016, 10:55 AM
Clearly but I don't think it matters because of how wide open he was on many plays.

That's because the back-up safeties missed their assignments. From an athletic standpoint that are fast enough to cover. But they were playing their position correctly. They have some time to clean that up

Bison56
December 20th, 2016, 10:56 AM

He is wide open because he is that good.

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 10:59 AM
That's because the back-up safeties missed their assignments
Yeh that is pretty much my point....I said corners but I guess it was the safeties.. Schor will capitalize on their inexpierance especially if stack the box to try stop Abdullah.Expect to see some wide open deep touchdowns from him.

F'N Hawks
December 20th, 2016, 11:02 AM
The YSU corners got beat plenty of times as well. The difference was YSU's offense got in gear and took control of the game and got EWU's offense out of rhythm through sporadic possessions.

YSU is going to have a much tougher time moving the ball in this game.

DirtyDukes
December 20th, 2016, 11:04 AM
How is EWU's run game? I'm not worried about our WRs getting open because once Abdullah is gashing them for 80 yard runs they will stack the box and our WRs will be open.

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 11:08 AM
How is EWU's run game? I'm not worried about our WRs getting open because once Abdullah is gashing them for 80 yard runs they will stack the box and our WRs will be open.
Yep... and our defense is capable of shutting down the best offenses in the nation....

Laker
December 20th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Saw this on Twitter:

Craig Haley ‏@CraigHaley (https://twitter.com/CraigHaley) 9m9 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/CraigHaley/status/811256580150882308)
Finalists @JMUFootball (https://twitter.com/JMUFootball) and @YoungstownStFB (https://twitter.com/YoungstownStFB) both received 4,000 tickets to #FCS (https://twitter.com/hashtag/FCS?src=hash) title game. YSU returned 3,000 of them and they went to JMU.

DirtyDukes
December 20th, 2016, 11:24 AM
Saw this on Twitter:

Craig Haley ‏@CraigHaley (https://twitter.com/CraigHaley) 9m9 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/CraigHaley/status/811256580150882308)
Finalists @JMUFootball (https://twitter.com/JMUFootball) and @YoungstownStFB (https://twitter.com/YoungstownStFB) both received 4,000 tickets to #FCS (https://twitter.com/hashtag/FCS?src=hash) title game. YSU returned 3,000 of them and they went to JMU.

Embarrassing, really.

bluehenbillk
December 20th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Wow I knew the economy in Youngstown was bad, but only 1,000 people going? I guess it's different than the days where they could drive to Huntington, WV.

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Saw this on Twitter:

wow.... that's going be a purple stadium. Or a half empty purple stadium

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 11:37 AM
I bet next year ndsu and jmu will be on opposite sides of the bracket no matter what....

mcveyrl
December 20th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Saw this on Twitter:

No source. He might've just read this board...

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 11:43 AM
No source. He might've just read this board...

The ticket market will crash.. There will be tickets for less then 10 bucks on stubhub the day before or morning of the game...

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2016, 11:54 AM
I bet next year ndsu and jmu will be on opposite sides of the bracket no matter what....

Don't count on it. The committee has made it clear, mulitilpe times, they want the best teams eliminated, even if it means stacking one side of the bracket in the name of regionalization to save money. At least that is the excuse they use.

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 11:59 AM
I estimate 6-8k jmu fans. 1k YSU fans. 2 k local.. maybe another 1 k ndsu/other teams...so about 10k fans maybe 12 max... seems to me they going lose out on lot of money not having the ndsu army there...

PurpleStreamers
December 20th, 2016, 12:19 PM
I estimate 6-8k jmu fans. 1k YSU fans. 2 k local.. maybe another 1 k ndsu/other teams...so about 10k fans maybe 12 max... seems to me they going lose out on lot of money not having the ndsu army there...

What are you talking about? JMU has announced they already sold out the 7k allotment (4k JMU + 3k returned from YSU) and that's just the tickets from NCAA. They had to turn away not just the general JMU public, but even low-level donors. Those people are already buying those tickets out on the secondary market in non-allotment parts of the stadium. It's going to be full, and it's going to be purple.

ASU33
December 20th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Give me the Dukes in a close one.

ytownchief22
December 20th, 2016, 12:46 PM
YSU fans will be there. A lot of fans are bypassing our ticket office because it is still stuck in the 90's and a joke.

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 12:52 PM
What are you talking about? JMU has announced they already sold out the 7k allotment (4k JMU + 3k returned from YSU) and that's just the tickets from NCAA. They had to turn away not just the general JMU public, but even low-level donors. Those people are already buying those tickets out on the secondary market in non-allotment parts of the stadium. It's going to be full, and it's going to be purple.
Even if that true... that's still only half full by those numbers.... 8 of the 16000.... everyone I know that requested tix through jmu got them...haven't heard of anyone getting rejected yet.... I realize lot people will get them on the secondary market but 8000 seems like a very large amount for secondary market.... you will see the secondary market will trend down and will hit under 10 bucks.... at some point....I highly doubt we are getting over 14k people show up.... at least in chatty which is closer it was not anywhere near that...but then again if ndsu fans don't come off their tickets and eat them who knows....I'm sure several thousand are still in the hands of people who are not going to attend

Paladin1aa
December 20th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Yep, I agree. Our folks will be out shopping for CHEAP tickets. Count on it, xlolx

ysubigred
December 20th, 2016, 01:27 PM
Yep, I agree. Our folks will be out shopping for CHEAP tickets. Count on it, xlolx

Or Free LOL!!

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Or Free LOL!!
Yeh I can see a lot of free tickets as well...but if you making the trip with all the expenses relying a free ticket is kinda stupid to save 50 bucks...ndsu fans are famous for being nice people so I can see them just giving away tickets if they can't sell them... rather then eating them...

RootinFerDukes
December 20th, 2016, 01:31 PM

You do realize some JMU posters have connections and many of us know who they are, we just don't see the point in naming names on a message board without an official statement from the school? Two of them have been named. Alls and Hereford.

As was stated, most aren't starters and for those whose back ups came in against NDSU, they were actually major contributors in our win. Very much so.

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 01:34 PM
You do realize some JMU posters have connections and many of us know who they are, we just don't see the point in naming names on a message board without an official statement from the school? Two of them have been named. Alls and Hereford.

As was stated, most aren't starters and for those whose back ups came in against NDSU, they were actually major contributors in our win. Very much so.

Yep.... we got the inside scoop... I know all 7. Wont name them online though... got respect if the coach does not make it public neither should we

PurpleStreamers
December 20th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Even if that true... that's still only half full by those numbers.... 8 of the 16000.... everyone I know that requested tix through jmu got them...haven't heard of anyone getting rejected yet.... I realize lot people will get them on the secondary market but 8000 seems like a very large amount for secondary market.... you will see the secondary market will trend down and will hit under 10 bucks.... at some point....I highly doubt we are getting over 14k people show up.... at least in chatty which is closer it was not anywhere near that...but then again if ndsu fans don't come off their tickets and eat them who knows....I'm sure several thousand are still in the hands of people who are not going to attend

I agree about Chatty, but that's apples to oranges. Chatty was back in the one week to plan (it would've been this past weekend) days, but more importantly, those of us that are honest about JMU football, even if we loved it or were die-hards prior to '04, know it basically didn't exist as a thing before that run. There were some good teams and good times and even a couple playoff appearances, but the '04-'08 grads are basically the first class of JMU students raised systematically an institutionally as JMU football fans. With New BFS and VT-win and the '08 team and Gameday this is a whole different world of JMU these days. I'm betting on a BIG turnout.

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 01:41 PM
I agree about Chatty, but that's apples to oranges. Chatty was back in the one week to plan (it would've been this past weekend) days, but more importantly, those of us that are honest about JMU football, even if we loved it or were die-hards prior to '04, know it basically didn't exist as a thing before that run. There were some good teams and good times and even a couple playoff appearances, but the '04-'08 grads are basically the first class of JMU students raised systematically an institutionally as JMU football fans. With New BFS and VT-win and the '08 team and Gameday this is a whole different world of JMU these days. I'm betting on a BIG turnout.

you right chatty was completely dif and can't really be used as a gauge for Frisco... was there ever a final tally on how many went to Fargo? I guess a lot of people where saving the big road trip for Frisco too

RootinFerDukes
December 20th, 2016, 01:42 PM

Yep. This is our first NC game since the JMU fan base boom following our 2004 championship. We're so much bigger than we used to be in terms of fan base size. Add in the fact that we have 3 weeks to plan instead of one and it's after the holiday season, instead of right before it (really a four week difference on the calendar) and people will be much more available. If this were still in chattanooga, we'd bring probably 10-15k being conservative.

I say JMU will bring 10k and I hope I'm surprised to see more than that.

chicagoduke
December 20th, 2016, 01:55 PM

I’m a low-level donor and I got rejected. I submitted my order within the first hour after the NDSU game, so it wasn’t a matter of timing. Thankfully I have friends who are more significant donors and were able to bail me out and get my group 4 tickets.

"We regret to inform you that we are not able to fill your ticket order for the FCS Championship game on January 7. You will receive a full refund of your ticket purchase.

Ticket requests far exceeded the allotment provided by the NCAA and based on availability we cannot fill all orders received. Ticket orders were filled in priority order, first to current Duke Club members then based on order date and time.

Tickets are available via the NCAA Ticket Exchange (https://fcs.flashseats.com/default.aspx?pid=18&ec=9000000000016140&ss=47), JMU is the home team with seating in sections 100-111."

RootinFerDukes
December 20th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Did they reach out to you about the additional 3k the school ended up getting chicagoduke?

jmufan999
December 20th, 2016, 02:03 PM
YSU fans will be there. A lot of fans are bypassing our ticket office because it is still stuck in the 90's and a joke.

I honestly don't know what this means. They're wearing parachute pants?

DirtyDukes
December 20th, 2016, 02:04 PM
Did they reach out to you about the additional 3k the school ended up getting chicagoduke?

I was led to believe they used those to make sure donors orders got filled.

Hoboken Dukes
December 20th, 2016, 02:13 PM
JMU will bring over 10k to this game. Book it. The #'s from the ticket offices and anecdotal information is leading me to believe this is shaping up to be a massive JMU turnout.

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 02:16 PM
JMU will bring over 10k to this game. Book it. The #'s from the ticket offices and anecdotal information is leading me to believe this is shaping up to be a massive JMU turnout.

If that's the case better get tickets for next year soon as they on sale.....especially if jmu plays ndsu in the final. I think our transfer rb from gt could be better than Abdullah.

Bison56
December 20th, 2016, 02:58 PM
I honestly don't know what this means. They're wearing parachute pants?

maybe flannels?

YSUGUIN
December 20th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Wow I knew the economy in Youngstown was bad, but only 1,000 people going? I guess it's different than the days where they could drive to Huntington, WV.
YSU only purchased 1000 tickets and they sold out today, first day to sell. I don't know about anyone else on here, but I'm a bit disappointed in this. No tickets available to anyone who gave less then $5000 to Penguin club? Disillusioned.

BisonTru
December 20th, 2016, 05:21 PM
YSU only purchased 1000 tickets and they sold out today, first day to sell. I don't know about anyone else on here, but I'm a bit disappointed in this. No tickets available to anyone who gave less then $5000 to Penguin club? Disillusioned.

You should be. Bad move on your ticket office. Go to https://www.flashseats.com/Default.aspx?pid=18&ec=9000000000016140&ss=0&fss=806697362

Lots of reasonable seats available yet. That's the official secondary market.

YSUGUIN
December 20th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Embarrassing, really.
I totally agree, embarrassing. I wonder where "Craig" got this information? YSU didn't even tell the public how many tickets they had. I finally heard it on the 6pm news today, our 1000. No mention of the return of 3000, of course.

YSUGUIN
December 20th, 2016, 05:23 PM
You should be. Bad move on your ticket office. Go to https://www.flashseats.com/Default.aspx?pid=18&ec=9000000000016140&ss=0&fss=806697362

Lots of reasonable seats available yet. That's the official secondary market.
Thank you. Unfortunately it has now become an impossibility for us. Hopefully in the future, but I'm not liking the politics of all of this.

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Doesn't make much sense.... sell the 1000 in one day... give 3000 to jmu..... turn down fans...... did they not want to chance being stuck with extra tickets and losing money? Guess they didn't want chance the 250,000$ the extra 3000 would cost. They essentially are letting jmu turn this into a home game though

ytownchief22
December 20th, 2016, 05:32 PM
They did not get the turnouts they wanted for the 2 home playoff games they had. Not sure what they expected. The 1st game was Thanksgiving weekend and they still had the highest attendance out of any FCS playoff game. The 3rd week vs Wofford, the crowd was good but YSU still lost some money. So NOW, because of that, they decide to only get 1,000 tickets for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game. They were so scared to lose more money. And the 1,000 they got only went to big donors and loge seat holders. Not season ticket holders, not student, not the general public. Just no words to describe the idiocy of the athletic department of YSU. It needs cleaned out. Too many old timers who are used to doing things the way it was in the 90's still working there. Plenty of fans will still be at the game thanks to flash seats and NDSU fans but boy oh boy did they miss out on making some extra money and pissed a lot of YSU fans off in the meantime. GO GUINS!

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 05:35 PM
They did not get the turnouts they wanted for the 2 home playoff games they had. Not sure what they expected. The 1st game was Thanksgiving weekend and they still had the highest attendance out of any FCS playoff game. The 3rd week vs Wofford, the crowd was good but YSU still lost some money. So NOW, because of that, they decide to only get 1,000 tickets for the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game. They were so scared to lose more money. And the 1,000 they got only went to big donors and loge seat holders. Not season ticket holders, not student, not the general public. Just no words to describe the idiocy of the athletic department of YSU. It needs cleaned out. Too many old timers who are used to doing things the way it was in the 90's still working there. Plenty of fans will still be at the game thanks to flash seats and NDSU fans but boy oh boy did they miss out on making some extra money and pissed a lot of YSU fans off in the meantime. GO GUINS!
Bridgeforth West... Thanks to YSU ****ty athletic department decisions...

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2016, 05:43 PM
If that's the case better get tickets for next year soon as they on sale.....especially if jmu plays ndsu in the final. I think our transfer rb from gt could be better than Abdullah.

and who is that? pretty lofty expectations

JSUSoutherner
December 20th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Hmm... We got a supposed stud running back transfer and thought we would be back in the finals again as well. And he wasn't. And then we weren't.

alexale23
December 20th, 2016, 06:03 PM

Marcus Marshall
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/3917814/marcus-marshall

http://campussports.net/2016/12/16/marcus-marshall-transfer-georgia-techs-leading-rusher-picks-jmu/

and he already really good....

NDSUtk
December 20th, 2016, 06:28 PM
No need for that. I'd wait until after the first conference game. I'm sure there will be seats available... ;)

NDSUtk
December 20th, 2016, 06:30 PM
We believe this was a team instituted test since Coach didn't have to comment on the length of their suspension.
Just to be clear, even if it was an NCAA test, they don't announce the time period. The only way to know is really watching how long they are out - half a season means they enjoy the reefer or coke, full season means they enjoy getting bigger muscles.

jmufan999
December 20th, 2016, 09:33 PM

Marshall could be special. i don't get excited about every transfer, but i'm cautiously optimistic about this one. his dad, Warren Marshall, is JMU's all-time leader in career rushing yards (and we've had some good ones) and an '01 inductee into the JMU Sports Hall of Fame. he's got good bloodlines. besides that, i'm honestly not sure how good Abdullah is. when ALL of your running backs look really good, it seems like it's more a reflection on the OL. not saying Abdullah's not good, i'm just saying it's difficult to tell how good. the only teams that really shut the running game down were UNH and Nova, and it's because they beat our OL at the point of attack.

Warren Marshall:
http://jmusports.com/hof.aspx?hof=44&path=administration&kiosk=

Daved
December 20th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Ah yes, so YSU should just not show up! Got it, thanks.Just relayed the message to Bo--I expect him to forfeit and I will be surprised if YSU decides to go on with the game.

Daved
December 20th, 2016, 10:37 PM
Sadly JMU doesn't have a receiver nearly as good as Kupp.Not sure but I don't think any FCS team does.

Daved
December 20th, 2016, 10:39 PM
I don't think its a reach to say that EWU WRs are a little better than JMU WRs, and I believe it was the 2 safeties not corners that are out don't quote me on it though.You are right its both safeties.

The Duke Dog
December 20th, 2016, 10:43 PM
That is BS and an insult to ALL your fans!

The Duke Dog
December 20th, 2016, 10:46 PM

I'll get it right this time - just catching up...

If your school is doing this / you are hurting your program in a big way - unless they already know the final score! JMU "W"

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2016, 10:51 PM

Wow I cant believe they stuck it to their fans like this.

dewey
December 20th, 2016, 10:59 PM
Wow I cant believe they stuck it to their fans like this.

Well if it is true that YSU lost money on their 2 playoff games due to poor fan support I could understand YSU being cautious about guaranteeing ticket money to the NCAA. After all athletic departments should make money.

Just because you can't get a ticket through YSU doesn't mean you can't get a ticket.

Learn from the Bison young grasshoppers (err Penguins)xlolx

Dewey

The Duke Dog
December 20th, 2016, 11:12 PM
Well if it is true that YSU lost money on their 2 playoff games due to poor fan support I could understand YSU being cautious about guaranteeing ticket money to the NCAA. After all athletic departments should make money.

Just because you can't get a ticket through YSU doesn't mean you can't get a ticket.

Learn from the Bison young grasshoppers (err Penguins)xlolx

Dewey

But a 5K minimum buy in to the boosters to have availability - that is insane. That would limit anyone's ticket sales!

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 21st, 2016, 12:06 AM
Apparently Economics is not a discipline offered in the course catalog at Youngstown St.

Seriously though, I feel bad for solid, long-time YSU fans who wanted to be part of something special. For them, it has been tarnished a bit. There's nothing like a college atmosphere surrounded by your fanbase cheering on your team. To have the other YSU fans spread out sporadically will take away some of the magic of the experience IMO. But have fun getting to know your rival NDSU fans all the better, I guess...

START WEARING PURPLE FOR ME NOW!!!!

penguinpower
December 21st, 2016, 05:02 AM
Apparently Economics is not a discipline offered in the course catalog at Youngstown St.

Seriously though, I feel bad for solid, long-time YSU fans who wanted to be part of something special. For them, it has been tarnished a bit. There's nothing like a college atmosphere surrounded by your fanbase cheering on your team. To have the other YSU fans spread out sporadically will take away some of the magic of the experience IMO. But have fun getting to know your rival NDSU fans all the better, I guess...

START WEARING PURPLE FOR ME NOW!!!!

I think that they were expecting more turnout for the playoff games, but Youngstown has a bunch of Uncle Ricos obsessed with high school football. They turn out 10k for HS football and 2K at YSU. The corporate sponsors buy most of the season tickets. The person running the marketing department is missing a chromosome and needs the dots placed really close together.

These conditions are a recipe for disaster. The university doesn't want to take on all of the risk so they didn't buy enough tickets, problem for them is they pissed on the loyal fans. The Uncle Ricos came out of the woodwork demanding tickets when they couldn't even buy one for the home playoff games.

YSU needs to advertise time machines so the uncle Ricos will buy tickets.

ofhs93
December 21st, 2016, 07:41 AM

Yes...this is a known fact...those 7 did NOT play on Friday...do a simple Google search...it was not covered up. Starting LB and leading tackler along with #2 WR were the biggest impact players....neither made the trip to NDSU for the game. you need to learn what SPIN means...theres been no spin...outside of it being a team disciplinary action as opposed to an NCAA sanctioned suspension.

ofhs93
December 21st, 2016, 07:57 AM
Just to be clear, even if it was an NCAA test, they don't announce the time period. The only way to know is really watching how long they are out - half a season means they enjoy the reefer or coke, full season means they enjoy getting bigger muscles.

Reports are circulating that there was a large demand for "munchy food" on the JMU campus recently....

PurpleStreamers
December 21st, 2016, 09:29 AM
I think that they were expecting more turnout for the playoff games, but Youngstown has a bunch of Uncle Ricos obsessed with high school football. They turn out 10k for HS football and 2K at YSU. The corporate sponsors buy most of the season tickets. The person running the marketing department is missing a chromosome and needs the dots placed really close together.

These conditions are a recipe for disaster. The university doesn't want to take on all of the risk so they didn't buy enough tickets, problem for them is they pissed on the loyal fans. The Uncle Ricos came out of the woodwork demanding tickets when they couldn't even buy one for the home playoff games.

YSU needs to advertise time machines so the uncle Ricos will buy tickets.

It's just such a failure to look deeper by YSU. The first home game was in the first round, which we all know has terrible attendance cause it's T'giving weekend and if you're from MVFC/CAA/BS you've only had a middling season if you're playing that weekend so fans are still skeptical (at least our fans are when we've played that weekend the last two years). Then the second home game YSU had was completely unexpected for the fanbase - they lucked into it when El Cid went down to Wofford. Seems unfair to base ticket decisions for Frisco on those two games.

penguinpower
December 21st, 2016, 09:35 AM
It's just such a failure to look deeper by YSU. The first home game was in the first round, which we all know has terrible attendance cause it's T'giving weekend and if you're from MVFC/CAA/BS you've only had a middling season if you're playing that weekend so fans are still skeptical (at least our fans are when we've played that weekend the last two years). Then the second home game YSU had was completely unexpected for the fanbase - they lucked into it when El Cid went down to Wofford. Seems unfair to base ticket decisions for Frisco on those two games.
You have too much assumption in your reasoning. The facts are that fan turnout has been down and they lost money on the playoff bid to the tune of $80k. They were not going to take the risk because the data says they wouldn't sell the tickets. Tressel bought $20k of tickets for students to get them to come and only 200 showed up and that was after thanksgiving. YSU is a mainly a commuter school so when many students go home, it is local. The real issue has to do with fan support.

Also YSU fans know that once we are in the playoffs we get far. Last time we made it to the semifinal in 2006. This time to the title and we have many other title games to prove it. Not about expectations

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

DirtyDukes
December 21st, 2016, 10:09 AM
Tressel bought $20k of tickets for students to get them to come and only 200 showed up and that was after thanksgiving.

This is the saddest thing I've ever heard.

ysubigred
December 21st, 2016, 10:45 AM
This is the saddest thing I've ever heard.

What's even sadder is YSU is a commuter school. Most of the students are "local" :(

PurpleStreamers
December 21st, 2016, 11:00 AM
You have too much assumption in your reasoning. The facts are that fan turnout has been down and they lost money on the playoff bid to the tune of $80k. They were not going to take the risk because the data says they wouldn't sell the tickets. Tressel bought $20k of tickets for students to get them to come and only 200 showed up and that was after thanksgiving. YSU is a mainly a commuter school so when many students go home, it is local. The real issue has to do with fan support.

Also YSU fans know that once we are in the playoffs we get far. Last time we made it to the semifinal in 2006. This time to the title and we have many other title games to prove it. Not about expectations

Got it. So what you're really saying is YSU's decision was actually in line with support and backed up by the data? You may be right but that doesn't seem to be the sentiment of other Penguins at least on here. I'm not hating on YSU, I'm actually disappointed it won't be more 50/50. There's nothing better in sports than a packed house at a neutral site with 50/50 support. Doesn't happen often as there are so few neutral-site rivalry games anymore and the bowls are losing their luster with the playoff. (This is also what makes our games AT Richmond so great! - sorry, couldn't resist)

penguinpower
December 21st, 2016, 11:11 AM
Got it. So what you're really saying is YSU's decision was actually in line with support and backed up by the data? You may be right but that doesn't seem to be the sentiment of other Penguins at least on here. I'm not hating on YSU, I'm actually disappointed it won't be more 50/50. There's nothing better in sports than a packed house at a neutral site with 50/50 support. Doesn't happen often as there are so few neutral-site rivalry games anymore and the bowls are losing their luster with the playoff. (This is also what makes our games AT Richmond so great! - sorry, couldn't resist)
I agree I wish it was 50/50. I wish they would have bought the full allotment. But I'm the data they are making decisions off of says otherwise. Turnout could have been better but the person running that is way over his head. That's the first one that needs to go. But let's say he did his job marketed it correctly, they not only would have had the data to support the purchase, but they also would have their fingers on the pulse of the fans and they would have known. Not only that, but they would have also been selling tickets on Sunday after the win. They were woefully unprepared.

Paladin1aa
December 21st, 2016, 12:59 PM
I think it can go either way, but I think YSU wins. JMU, to be ready, will have to prepare for two QBs ( passing & dual threat) as I expect them to use all the playbook and throw in some special plays for each QBs abilities. The backup safeties who started the EWU game, played well enough and one is a former Michigan St. player, so he is used to the big games. They should be healed up and ready to go. And, since YSU has some history in the Championship game ( 4 titles, 2 runnersup), I think they have a good shot in a tight game ( remembering the pass caught for a TD against another players back with 1 second to go). Go Guins

RootinFerDukes
December 21st, 2016, 01:08 PM
I think it can go either way, but I think YSU wins. JMU, to be ready, will have to prepare for two QBs ( passing & dual threat) as I expect them to use all the playbook and throw in some special plays for each QBs abilities. The backup safeties who started the EWU game, played well enough and one is a former Michigan St. player, so he is used to the big games. They should be healed up and ready to go. And, since YSU has some history in the Championship game ( 4 titles, 2 runnersup), I think they have a good shot in a tight game ( remembering the pass caught for a TD against another players back with 1 second to go). Go Guins

None of us can reference past championship games in relation to this year's game and how it makes us "prepared". YSU hasn't been in one since 1999 and JMU since 2004. YSU hasn't won one since 1997. Either a 12 or 19 year title drought is about to end.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 21st, 2016, 01:10 PM

I fail to see how a history of winning championships with the last championship in 1997 having happened before some of your players were born has any bearing on this game. Nor does JMU's title in 2004.

Regardless, it should be a good game though I obviously favor my team

Paladin1aa
December 21st, 2016, 01:46 PM
Players at YSU are RECRUITED using the background of former success. There is a local CHAMPIONSHIP room at the stadium where players can dream. Its considered tradition here. Most here will tell you that the committee has screwed YSU in getting in over the years................................ BUT...................... once in, the semis in 2006 and now the Finals in 2016.

It rubs off on the players. Just get YSU into the playoffs.......................................

Hoboken Dukes
December 21st, 2016, 01:55 PM
Players at YSU are RECRUITED using the background of former success. There is a local CHAMPIONSHIP room at the stadium where players can dream. Its considered tradition here. Most here will tell you that the committee has screwed YSU in getting in over the years................................ BUT...................... once in, the semis in 2006 and now the Finals in 2016.

It rubs off on the players. Just get YSU into the playoffs.......................................

By that logic, there's no way JMU should have been able to go up to Fargo and win. YSU has had a nice run, but your pre-Internet tradition is about to run into some virtual reality a$& kicking on Jan 7.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2016, 02:29 PM
Looks like one of the teams buses has arrived in Frisco already.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3313/3191256239_c5d993a257_b.jpg

DirtyDukes
December 21st, 2016, 02:40 PM

Dukes win by 40.

BisonBacker
December 21st, 2016, 02:44 PM
Strength and conditioning coordinators for both teams have showed up too

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_wtaBAxOTDR9ZokJUJgktNHHwhrHmf qF-xHtIkJIKgbZAuYGO

Bison56
December 21st, 2016, 02:55 PM
Dukes win by 40.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/59adf1740057d99e7b67a9fbec5a2365/tumblr_nnwhinF3Ei1tb8iyko1_500.gif (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi0nOXwlYbRAhUl64MKHZ0MAVQQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwifflegif.com%2Ftags%2F81839-here-we-go-gifs&bvm=bv.142059868,d.cGc&psig=AFQjCNEnBjU_Pl2U-RbC6xd-qkDpFSraBA&ust=1482440004991541)

Daved
December 21st, 2016, 03:17 PM
Strength and conditioning coordinators for both teams have showed up too

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_wtaBAxOTDR9ZokJUJgktNHHwhrHmf qF-xHtIkJIKgbZAuYGO

OH WOW!

alexale23
December 21st, 2016, 03:25 PM
Dukes win by 40.
So to be clear that is 5 scores right?

Bison56
December 21st, 2016, 04:02 PM

http://cdn4.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/office-karen-shrug.gif (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj579znpIbRAhUB3iYKHV3HCDMQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcatherinereads.wordpress.com%2F2 016%2F07%2F20%2Fthe-two-gentlemen-of-verona-a-play-delivered-in-memes-gifs-and-images%2F&bvm=bv.142059868,d.cGc&psig=AFQjCNHMgQt7lZESNlzzbAwI58lH23amCQ&ust=1482444059618221)

jmufan999
December 21st, 2016, 04:17 PM

haha. yes. 5 scores. winning by 41 would be "more than 5 scores". right Alpha, O King of Accurate Prognostications?

*just in case someone reads this thread only, this is not my prediction*

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 21st, 2016, 11:24 PM

This is so relevant to 2016-17. Thank you for the contribution. Please explain how past championship games from the 20th century (more than 15 years ago) have any bearing on the current team's ability to make a critical play in a tight game.

alexale23
December 21st, 2016, 11:28 PM
This is so relevant to 2016-17. Thank you for the contribution. Please explain how past championship games from the 20th century (more than 15 years ago) have any bearing on the current team's ability to make a critical play in a tight game.

I have a good feeling that the two runner up years are going to play a huge part in YSU getting blown out..

Bisonoline
December 21st, 2016, 11:30 PM
I have a good feeling that the two runner up years are going to play a huge part in YSU getting blown out..

But the 2 championships mean nothing. Hey take your comfort here you can find it.xthumbsupx

alexale23
December 21st, 2016, 11:32 PM
But the 2 championships mean nothing. Hey take your comfort here you can find it.xthumbsupx

4 but who is counting.... Those titles are old and don't have any bearing on this years title game...

Bisonoline
December 21st, 2016, 11:44 PM
4 but who is counting.... Those titles are old and don't have any bearing on this years title game...

Either do the runner ups. :D

ValleyTalk
December 22nd, 2016, 12:05 AM
No, they don't, but look at some of those playoff wins those years and compare them to this season. 91 we have a crazy fourth down catch with no PI called which setup the game winning Jeff Wilkins FG to squeak by NOVA. A week later Nevada missed a chip shot FG to win it at the last second. They called that the team of destiny. The way YSU is playing is eerily remiscient of those 90s teams. They don't wow you, but they find ways to get wins.

With that being said, I've been telling some close family members and cousins that JMU scares me, and I said that BEFORE both teams won this past weekend. When I see you guys, it is like looking into a mirror.

penguinpower
December 22nd, 2016, 05:48 AM

JMU fans.......you are cocky, annoying, and loud mouthed. Your fans are probably the most annoying I've ever seen with your gay streamers. Just STFU already. I hope we kick your ass again like we did in 2006.

And make sure you use the toilets in Texas you liberals might get shot. You ran your mouth in 2006 when Maine's head coach called Matthews and told him we were an easy win. Well your stupid coach, stupid program, and stupid fans ran your mouth and got your ass kicked after you bitched that you deserved a home game.

And I'm not necessarily taking this out on you but I am sick of hearing how you kick everyone's ass. Obviously a large majority your fan base has no class. Act like you've been there before.

penguinpower
December 22nd, 2016, 06:06 AM

Paladin was referring to the collective knowledge of how you play championship football on the field within winning programs. But your program and fan base wouldn't understand.

Big Duke
December 22nd, 2016, 06:32 AM
JMU fans.......you are cocky, annoying, and loud mouthed. Your fans are probably the most annoying I've ever seen with your gay streamers. Just STFU already. I hope we kick your ass again like we did in 2006.

And make sure you use the toilets in Texas you liberals might get shot. You ran your mouth in 2006 when Maine's head coach called Matthews and told him we were an easy win. Well your stupid coach, stupid program, and stupid fans ran your mouth and got your ass kicked after you bitched that you deserved a home game.

And I'm not necessarily taking this out on you but I am sick of hearing how you kick everyone's ass. Obviously a large majority your fan base has no class. Act like you've been there before.

Speaking of classless...

mcveyrl
December 22nd, 2016, 06:46 AM

Wow...

th0m
December 22nd, 2016, 07:02 AM

Tell us how you really feel.

alexale23
December 22nd, 2016, 07:18 AM

is the realization setting in that your team is not good enough to close the deal...maybe it has something to do with the short comings of your program. Your athletic department is worthless. Now it seems those short comings are rubbing off on the fan base...enjoy watching the gay streamers rain down on your tiny showing in Frisco .

ValleyTalk
December 22nd, 2016, 07:25 AM
Lol people on the forum need to learn to let PP vent a bit. He means well :). He certainly has his share of emotionally driven posts. Don't believe me, he, along with a few others, are always stirring things up quite a bit on the deeply divided YSU forums where penguin fans go after each other as if they are fans of the opposition haha. It is rather entertaining to the outsiders.

I for one never got the JMU fight song out of my head. I sort of like it, but does that make me a leftie!? I didn't mind the "liberal" streamers, but those may have to go come Jan 20th right PP lol.

MAGA

penguinpower
December 22nd, 2016, 07:32 AM
This is just my way of having fun. Really, I thought Matthews was a tool. So I am making blanket statements against the program in an effort to draw out how everyone feels. But I was also mad that JMU fans were not using the toilets and they were pissing in the corner at the stadium in public. Thought that was disrespectful and wrong. I remember the good and the bad, but that was just ridiculous.

I remember when Matthews was at Marshall and his lack of succes against YSU and his big mouth. That guy mentally retarded or something

penguinpower
December 22nd, 2016, 07:36 AM
Lol people on the forum need to learn to let PP vent a bit. He means well :). He certainly has his share of emotionally driven posts. Don't believe me, he, along with a few others, are always stirring things up quite a bit on the deeply divided YSU forums where penguin fans go after each other as if they are fans of the opposition haha. It is rather entertaining to the outsiders.

I for one never got the JMU fight song out of my head. I sort of like it, but does that make me a leftie!? I didn't mind the "liberal" streamers, but those may have to go come Jan 20th right PP lol.

MAGA

Right get rid of your liberal streamers

penguinpower
December 22nd, 2016, 07:41 AM
Somebody has to think this **** is funny. Om dome on here for a while. I took the day off and trolled some threads. Done with that for a while.

jmufan999
December 22nd, 2016, 08:23 AM

Obviously a large majority your fan base has no class.

hm.

I am making blanket statements against the program in an effort to draw out how everyone feels.

I seriously have no clue what you're talking about. Did you read this sentence before you posted it? Can you translate?

Right get rid of your liberal streamers

Again, no clue what this means.

I took the day off and trolled some threads. Done with that for a while.

Let me make sure I'm understanding. You took the entire day off from work, simply so you could peruse an internet message board? And now you're giving up at ~9:30 AM? Is it that exhausting?

caribbeanhen
December 22nd, 2016, 08:29 AM
Marshall could be special. i don't get excited about every transfer, but i'm cautiously optimistic about this one. his dad, Warren Marshall, is JMU's all-time leader in career rushing yards (and we've had some good ones) and an '01 inductee into the JMU Sports Hall of Fame. he's got good bloodlines. besides that, i'm honestly not sure how good Abdullah is. when ALL of your running backs look really good, it seems like it's more a reflection on the OL. not saying Abdullah's not good, i'm just saying it's difficult to tell how good. the only teams that really shut the running game down were UNH and Nova, and it's because they beat our OL at the point of attack.

Warren Marshall:
http://jmusports.com/hof.aspx?hof=44&path=administration&kiosk=

very nice post... I agree with what you said about Abdullah, JMU offense working like a synchronized watch (insert Mickey Mouse joke here) but seriously you can see the OL, QB and RB's are in perfect step with each other, you guys have a split second timing thing that works well in keeping the Defense a half step slow which does make a RB look better... not saying that Abdullah isn't a good one because he is...

RootinFerDukes
December 22nd, 2016, 08:48 AM
I feel like penguin power is going to have to see a lot of gay, liberal streamers on January 7th.

Bisonator
December 22nd, 2016, 09:14 AM
What's with the streamers? Is there like some sort of fetish or obsession with them?

Thumper 76
December 22nd, 2016, 09:20 AM

Ehhhhh......reading along with the last three playoff threads involving JMU, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm pretty ****ing happy that it wasn't JMU who went on NDSUs run of 5 straight. Talk about obnoxious. I thought bison fans were a pain in the ass till I started reading JMU and SHSU fans posts. Sweet 8lb 6oz baby Jesus.

penguinpower
December 22nd, 2016, 09:29 AM
What's with the streamers? Is there like some sort of fetish or obsession with them?

Okay one more post.........I can't help myself This is what the streamers reminds me of. Who else uses these?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24236&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24237&stc=1

RootinFerDukes
December 22nd, 2016, 09:39 AM

A tradition that dates back to the early 80s when our MBB was actually good. Fans (students I think) once threw toilet paper rolls on the court. Another fan started the streamers at football games sometime in the early 00s I think. The school supported it and it's been a tradition for at least a decade.

Richmond fans hate it. I feel like that's why we keep doing it. The funny part is that UR and WM fans do it too. Total copycats.

RootinFerDukes
December 22nd, 2016, 09:41 AM
The last gay-hating group of fans on AGS had to see their team get drubbed to the tune of 65-7. Be careful what you wish for.

penguinpower
December 22nd, 2016, 09:46 AM
The last gay-hating group of fans on AGS had to see their team get drubbed to the tune of 65-7. Be careful what you wish for.

It's not about Gay hating, just not my choice and I am sick of the damn gay agenda. So the image I get is what you see above.

jmufan999
December 22nd, 2016, 09:47 AM
Okay one more post.........I can't help myself This is what the streamers reminds me of. Who else uses these?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24236&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24237&stc=1

where do you see streamers in the top picture? I see confetti. does that make NDSU fans gay for having confetti in Frisco the last 5 years?

Serpentor
December 22nd, 2016, 09:47 AM

Who were those delightful people?

DirtyDukes
December 22nd, 2016, 09:48 AM

Jesus, talk about being oversensitive to crepe paper. Do you still need a safe space from where we threw our terrible streamers in your stadium in 2006? And beating us by 4 on a bull**** ball placement on 4th down is not an ass whooping. If you want ass-whoopings, look at what we did to Soft Houston State. And I don't believe for a second if our roles had been reversed that YSU fans wouldn't have been mad about going to the #4 as the #5. So shut the **** up you ignorant Ohio piece of ****. I know you're still butthurt from having to go to school in the taint of America, but deal with.

I know it's difficult for closeted guys like yourself to look too closely to these pictures since you'll accidentally get a boner and out yourself, but I'm not surprised that you can't tell the difference between confetti and streamers. Must be that great Youngstown Coal Education you got you stupid ****.

Bison56
https://media.tenor.co/images/8d07c79e2995474dbdc77530167de5b6/raw (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjL3anskojRAhWM5oMKHV_xBKYQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tenor.co%2Fview%2Fquickly-thatescalatedquickly-joker-thedarkknight-darkknight-gif-5841756&psig=AFQjCNFlWAK7VXM28vxzfWCbXjPw6cK4Yg&ust=1482507968260743)

DirtyDukes
Who were those delightful people?

Bahaha okay Serp you got me to literally laugh out loud on that one. Well done.