PDA

View Full Version : NDSU run comes to an end.

centennial
December 16th, 2016, 09:18 PM
It had to happen one day. Greatest FCS run ever. I can't believe it lasted this long.

dudeitsaid
December 16th, 2016, 09:22 PM
xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxs mileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx It has been a great run by the Bison, and no doubt they are going to be contenders every year. Your dynasty has truly be incredible to witness.

From EWU, was really hoping for the story lines that would accompany a Bison vs Eagles game in Frisco, but we'll see you next year in Cheney.

centennial
December 16th, 2016, 09:25 PM
xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxs mileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx It has been a great run by the Bison, and no doubt they are going to be contenders every year. Your dynasty has truly be incredible to witness.

From EWU, was really hoping for the story lines that would accompany a Bison vs Eagles game in Frisco, but we'll see you next year in Cheney.

Absolutely, I went to the 2nd NC game thinking that it wasn't going to happen again. However, it kept happening again and again.
I believe the team hadn't seen enough adversity. We will only come out stronger. The team will be hungry to start a new run. Amazing that we won 22 playoff games in a row.

Good luck in the semi finals.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2016, 09:28 PM
What a ride it's been. I'm spent!xdrunkyx

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2016, 09:30 PM
I hope all players and fans hold their heads high. This program isn't going anywhere. They got beat by a better team today but the run they took us on was unlike anything ever seen before in modern day college football. This Bison fan is incredibly proud of this program and I hope to see them start a new streak next year.

centennial
December 16th, 2016, 09:37 PM
I hope all players and fans hold their heads high. This program isn't going anywhere. They got beat by a better team today but the run they took us on was unlike anything ever seen before in modern day college football. This Bison fan is incredibly proud of this program and I hope to see them start a new streak next year.
One bad game, one team on a hot streak, one clutch play not working. The Illinois State game, the Georgia Southern game, the SDSU game, the Coastal Carolina game, the first SHSU game. I've been privileged to watch NDSU Houdini themselves out of near impossible situations.
It been an honor to be able to witness this run. Go Bison!

dewey
December 16th, 2016, 09:44 PM
There ended the greatest run in the history of college football at any level. Truly a blessing to be a fan during this time.

I will never forget seeing all 5 FCS national championships in person and last year being there with my oldest son and watching him do confetti angles in the endzone is something this father will never forget.

Dewey

Serpentor
December 16th, 2016, 09:58 PM
It was an impressive run for the Bisons. Five consecutive national championships and a sixth team that loses by only 10 points in the semi-finals all speaks to a quality program.

Now we find out which Bison fans are true AGS loyalists, and which were just extended-session Novemberists...

Daytripper
December 16th, 2016, 09:59 PM
Congrats on a great run. We are sorta honored to have been your first two victims.....

https://media.giphy.com/media/dOJt6XZlQw8qQ/giphy.gif

Twentysix
December 16th, 2016, 10:00 PM
It was an impressive run for the Bisons. Five consecutive national championships and a sixth team that loses by only 10 points in the semi-finals all speaks to a quality program.

Now we find out which Bison fans are true AGS loyalists, and which were just extended-session Novemberists...

Every account made after January 2010 is a johnny come lately if you ask me.

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2016, 10:05 PM
Hat's off to JMU. Sucks that NDSU lost, but the better team won. Enjoy Frisco and celebrate this amazing win.

Daytripper
December 16th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Hat's off to JMU. Sucks that NDSU lost, but the better team won. Enjoy Frisco and celebrate this amazing win.

Hotel and restaurant owners in Frisco are crying rivers and gnashing teeth..... the horror of not having the drunken hoard from Fargo! xdrunkyx

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Hotel and restaurant owners in Frisco are crying rivers and gnashing teeth..... the horror of not having the drunken hoard from Fargo! xdrunkyx

It will be interesting to see how much the economy is affected by this loss.

centennial
Every account made after January 2010 is a johnny come lately if you ask me.
I was lurking on AGS since 2006. Didn't know enough football, also took me a while to actually start contributing. The hardest year to follow was 2009.

CvilleDukes
Here here. NDSU had one helluva run. Won't happen again in my lifetime. All due respect here. Congrats Bison,

Now, Go Dukes!

Pestoso
December 16th, 2016, 10:23 PM
It will be interesting to see how much the economy is affected by this loss.

Jerry World, JR is in Frisco now... the economy will be fine esp if the Cowboys go to the SB.

Bronco
December 16th, 2016, 10:25 PM
-
The Bizon have been good for FCS football and I especially like the streak against the FBS teams

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/123736-deadwood-huzzah-gif-imgur-al-s-7yij.gif?w=650

longtimemocfan
December 16th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Congrats NDSU !!! Heck of a run that may never be matched again. You guy's have nothing to be ashamed of. The run had to end sometime. The Championship run was epic.xthumbsupx

Cocky
December 16th, 2016, 10:51 PM

It odd when your rooting for a city and the business owners to lose more than a team. Never meet more unfriendly people and business owners than the Frisco crowd. NDSUs huge following more than likely will not be matched by any other team.

TheRevSFA
December 16th, 2016, 11:14 PM
In all seriousness, hell of a run NDSU. I was at the first NDSU and Sam game and the NDSU fans I met were class all of the way. Great school and fan base

footballer23
December 16th, 2016, 11:31 PM
It has been a helluva run. I was really looking forward to another pilgrimage to Frisco, but we lost to a pretty damn good team. Please do us a favor and drink the town dry.

POD Knows
December 16th, 2016, 11:33 PM
I feel strangely calm. The better team won tonight, NDSU has some work to do but we will be back. Had to end sometime and I am just glad that it ended with a loss to a top shelf team. The Bison showed a lot of heart coming back from 17 down. I wouldn't be as calm if we would have lost to SDSU or some other posers.

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2016, 11:55 PM
The last 5 years were a blast as was this year.
JMU is a damn good team and out played us at the end. Plus every JMU fan I met was super nice. It was a pleasure to host you folks. Good luck in Frisco.
I may see you there.

Prime Power
December 17th, 2016, 12:30 AM
Well...****

Go...gate
December 17th, 2016, 12:53 AM
Congratulations to you North Dakota State guys on an outstanding run that will probably never be duplicated. Analogous to UCLA's basketball run, IMO.

You brought great pride on your program and your university.

Well done.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2016, 01:26 AM
Congrats JMU and good luck in Frisco and all but I will say this; 22 game playoff winning streak is the FCS equivalent of Dimaggio's 56 game hit streak.

Gangtackle11
December 17th, 2016, 05:47 AM
Nice job JMU. Congrats to all NDSU fans. It was a heckuva run. I'm sure many more FCS championship roads will run through Fargo. All good things come to an end.

Way to JMU. Your CAA counterpart here is very proud how you are repping the CAA!!

Katfan
December 17th, 2016, 06:46 AM
Much respect for NDSU, have raised the bar for FCS football. Great run!!!!!!!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2016, 06:58 AM
Great run by NDSU. It was awesome to be there for all 5 NC games and was hoping for a 6th.

NDSU will be back next year. This is a young team.

cx500d
December 17th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Yep, I was at the Wild Pitch last night, and there were a lot of disappointed people not even affiliated with NDSU, but depending on what the two new teams bring, they'll forget. The better team won, the game was really closer than it could have been, but this run of squeaking games out was unsustainable and had to happen sooner or later. Its good to get this Monkey off our backs...

bisonranch
December 17th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Last night after the game it felt like The Truman Show had just ended. Those that make NDSU football happen are a classy group that make it really easy to be a Bison fan.

blueballs
December 17th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Somebody has to lose but that doesn't make them a loser.

Two champions played a great game last night. JMU was better last night, simple as that. NDSU has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. They have a great program and a champion's pedigree and are the flagship program of the division currently.

Pat Riley often spoke of the difference between playing excellent basketball and displaying basketball excellence, which is developing the right culture and displaying all the successful habits and traits of a champion which results in sustained success at the highest level. NDSU has achieved that- football excellence. It is the highest compliment.

BisonHype!
December 17th, 2016, 12:10 PM
The streak may be over, but we will be a contender in most years. We will have a pretty good team next year, and I look forward to being back in the Championship hunt next year. Best of luck to JMU and EWU.

MTfan4life
December 17th, 2016, 12:46 PM
What's impressive about this streak is that they never once had a road playoff game since 2011. That shuts up some of the anti-playoff argument that the regular season games don't matter. If they don't take care of business during the regular season each year, the road gets a little bit tougher. Only once in the last six seasons were they seeded lower than 2. That was at 3 last season, but Illinois State lost in the quarters and NDSU still was able to host the semis.

Gangtackle11
December 17th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Plenty of sports dynasties took a brief break before resuming again. Yankees, Canadians, Celtics, UCLA, Mt.Union,etc.

NDSUtk
December 17th, 2016, 01:38 PM
I must say, like some other NDSU fans, am strangely calm about this. I had a bad feeling all week - even including a dream we lost and I've never had a dream about any of our games before. Then there was the storyline that JMU was our first of 22 playoff wins in a row...seemed like the right team to end it too. And then a few other little signs popped up of things that were off, including my group losing one of our tickets on the walk to the dome from tailgating (I'm sure the cocktails had nothing to do with that... Thankfully I found a guy who had an extra I could buy).

It's been a hell of a run through. I remember Frisco our first time and all my friends sat around and said "There are so many fans who never get this feeling. This may be a once in a lifetime opportunity. So glad we came" then it just built year after year. We had 22 in our group lined up to go this year again. But alas, it wasn't meant to be.

An amazing trip it has been. I look forward to seeing tonight's game and the championship... Albeit from home.

Proud of our program at NDSU and proud to be an alum. Go Bison!

Appaholic
December 17th, 2016, 02:13 PM
What's impressive about this streak is that they never once had a road playoff game since 2011. That shuts up some of the anti-playoff argument that the regular season games don't matter. If they don't take care of business during the regular season each year, the road gets a little bit tougher. Only once in the last six seasons were they seeded lower than 2. That was at 3 last season, but Illinois State lost in the quarters and NDSU still was able to host the semis.

Gotta agree with this sentiment. Home field is huge. App had home-field in playoffs for all three years of their run. And as classic as the 2009 App-Griz game was in the snow, I'd have rather been playing the Griz in Boone....

As far as runs in FCS, I'd have to rank as follows:

NDSU 5 year run
GaSouth Back2Back x 3
AppSt 3peat

Hammerhead
December 17th, 2016, 02:31 PM
I'll be watching the championship game on TV. Should be two great teams battling it out for the title and showing the country that there are lots of good teams in the FCS. As someone else noted, NDSU survived a number of close calls to keep the streak alive and there could have easily been 3 different champions over the past 5 years.

mad_dog97
December 17th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Bisonline (and all other NDSU fans). I was in Fargo last night for the game, and your fans couldn't have been better. It's easy to be gracious hosts before the game, but you guys were nothing but class even afterwards. From folks buying drinks, taking me on a "tour" of the tailgate lots, etc. I had a great time, and glad I got to see first hand the incredible tradition and atmosphere you all have.

ElCid
December 17th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Last night after the game it felt like The Truman Show had just ended. Those that make NDSU football happen are a classy group that make it really easy to be a Bison fan.

Hah! I was thinking the same exact thing.

Bisonwinagn
December 17th, 2016, 03:28 PM

Yes but don't forget the best teams get the best seeds which is why they win in playoffs. Home teams win because they are better period.

Thumper 76
December 17th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Yes but don't forget the best teams get the best seeds which is why they win in playoffs. Home teams win because they are better period.

That was his point he was making, that in spite of what people say about playoffs devaluing the regular season, NDSU proved the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk