PDA

View Full Version : EWU @ Illinois State game thread

YoUDeeMan
November 28th, 2016, 08:52 AM
The selection committee has decided that EWU will play at ISU because an MVFC team added another quality loss.

ISU is now the 2nd seed and is favored by 10 according to Massey and Sagrin.

Also, UNI will replace San Deigo, and will play NDSU in what amounts to the de facto championship game.

tomq04
November 28th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Also, UNI will replace San Deigo, and will play NDSU in what amounts to the de facto championship game.

Crap, UNI is back in? Playoffs are over after this weekend, shut it down boys!

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 09:08 AM
The selection committee has decided that EWU will play at ISU because an MVFC team added another quality loss.

I think UCA will have a crack at EWU, not ISU. LOL!!

Looks like Southland Conference is not as weak as everyone thinks with two teams in the 2nd round. How many teams from OVC in the 2nd round???

BEAR
November 28th, 2016, 09:12 AM
Wait...WHAT?.....we have to go play on an ugly field?! xlolx

kalm
November 28th, 2016, 09:33 AM

I like it!

Now...if we can just get the committee to reward the iron sharpens iron CAA OOC schedules with more playoff games against the PL and NEC...

ST_Lawson
November 28th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Wait....we finished 6-5 too....eh?....eh?

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/49/49ded2238ba4eaaca94bf22f509c13db3e7699d8a1934664cd 942a491650b05f.jpg

Daytripper
November 28th, 2016, 01:07 PM
This thread is funny. And sadly true......

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2016, 01:15 PM

Like it Cluck, where were you on Saturday when I noted that about 90 % of AGS picked Illi State to beat Central Arkansas....

The Kool Aide that the MVFC fans had been serving up about how 6-5 Illinois State was going to rip the Weak Southland conference team was pretty hilarious....

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Like it Cluck, where were you on Saturday when I noted that about 90 % of AGS picked Illi State to beat Central Arkansas....

The Kool Aide that the MVFC fans had been serving up about how 6-5 Illinois State was going to rip the Weak Southland conference team was pretty hilarious....

^^^^^^^^^^^this makes me giggle like a school girl.

deez_na
November 28th, 2016, 01:21 PM
What's with the crying in here?

UNIFanSince1983
November 28th, 2016, 01:25 PM

The funny part is everyone was praising SHSU for dominating a UCA team that was so good (and no denying was the best team they played all year). Then the 4th place team in the MVFC that finished 6-5 took that powerful UCA team to the limit at their own place with the ugly rug. In fact UCA needed three 4th quarter TDs to win. This is an Illinois St. team that lost to EIU and Indiana St. this year. They were a mediocre football team and could have very easily won this football game. So does this prove the MVFC superiority? No not at all. The conference is down this year and I think more than a few people could tell you that.

Also if "90%" (I would like proof of this stat hence the quotes) of AGS was picking ISUr then there were more than just MVFC people picking them.

YoUDeeMan
November 28th, 2016, 01:43 PM
The funny part is everyone was praising SHSU for dominating a UCA team that was so good (and no denying was the best team they played all year). Then the 4th place team in the MVFC that finished 6-5 took that powerful UCA team to the limit at their own place with the ugly rug. In fact UCA needed three 4th quarter TDs to win. This is an Illinois St. team that lost to EIU and Indiana St. this year. They were a mediocre football team and could have very easily won this football game. So does this prove the MVFC superiority? No not at all. The conference is down this year and I think more than a few people could tell you that.

Also if "90%" (I would like proof of this stat hence the quotes) of AGS was picking ISUr then there were more than just MVFC people picking them.

No, no, no...you don't get to rewrite history.

ISU was on a roll, and blew out the MVFC champ. They also hung with YSU (a very flawed team, BTW...but one of the MVFC's best, and best at holding receivers on every play), so ISU represents the MVFC well. xnodx They also took out WIU, who was your darling OOC world beater last year.

Yup, if ISU won, the MVFC folks would be swinging their tiny icicles and howling at the moon about MVFC dominance. Now that ISU lost, they were simply not a worthy MVFC rep (although i don't hear anyone from the MVFC apologizing for ISU taking someone else's place).

The game was not as close as the score. UCA wore out the Redbirds and dominated the second half. That was supposedly the MVFC's way to win...but alas, the Redbirds were not up to the task after getting an early lead.

Cripes, the ISU OL should be embarrassed...UCA's DL manhandled them and pounded a confused ISU QB. And the ISU ground game? xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx Faded into nothing.

UCA won that game going away...if they played again and UCA wins every time barring some miracle. xnodx

The playoff selection committee should be ashamed of themselves...the seedings and playoff participant selections were all about the money, and nothing more. xnodx

kalm
November 28th, 2016, 01:44 PM

This.

I'd pick ISU again. It was pretty much a toss up based on what SHSU fans value highly which is past performance. And my good friend Cluck would like to ask if anyone actually watched the game? If they did, it's difficult to make the case that the better team won.

This happens sometimes.

deez_na
November 28th, 2016, 01:46 PM

ISU was on a roll, and blew out the MVFC champ. They also hung with YSU (a very flawed team, BTW...but one of the MVFC's best, and best at holding receivers on every play), so ISU represents the MVFC well. xnodx They also took out WIU, who was your darling OOC world beater last year.

Yup, if ISU won, the MVFC folks would be swinging their tiny icicles and howling at the moon about MVFC dominance. Now that ISU lost, they were simply not a worthy MVFC rep (although i don't hear anyone from the MVFC apologizing for ISU taking someone else's place).

The game was not as close as the score. UCA wore out the Redbirds and dominated the second half. That was supposedly the MVFC's way to win...but alas, the Redbirds were not up to the task after getting an early lead.

Cripes, the ISU OL should be embarrassed...UCA's DL manhandled them and pounded a confused ISU QB. And the ISU ground game? xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx Faded into nothing.

UCA won that game going away...if they played again and UCA wins every time barring some miracle. xnodx

The playoff selection committee should be ashamed of themselves...the seedings and playoff participant selections were all about the money, and nothing more. xnodx

xbabycryx

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 01:48 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^this

dudeitsaid
November 28th, 2016, 02:03 PM
This.

I'd pick ISU again. It was pretty much a toss up based on what SHSU fans value highly which is past performance. And my good friend Cluck would like to ask if anyone actually watched the game? If they did, it's difficult to make the case that the better team won.

This happens sometimes.

Yet, that's exactly what Cluck is saying...

If you really believe that, your eye test needs some serious cataract surgery.

Not picking on UCA, they won they game. But it took an incredible and unlikely 4th quarter comeback to make that happen. The blocked punt for a TD was a brilliant play. The onside kick was a genius play call that worked out. If it hadn't, and ISU scored on an short field, that call would likely have been pointed at as a ridiculous gamble. But, ISU had a couple of blatant calls that should've gone the other way. Both of them shockingly got upheld after replay review.xconfusedx I get that being on the losing end of "reffed up" calls is part of the game, but considering those were both calls that would've put ISU in good position to score, they were pretty huge. To the Redbirds credit, they haven't complained nearly as much as most do when the ref's screw up a call. But to say the game wasn't as close as the score is about as baseless an assessment of a game as I've ever heard. Did you actually watch the game?

Not taking anything away from the bears. They were in a position to win. The Redbirds weren't able to overcome adversity and put the game away. Take the win however necessary. The Bears won and deserve all the credit for that. But it was anybody's game almost down to the bitter end.

Sammy94
November 28th, 2016, 02:05 PM
If this game could happen it would just be one more quality loss for ISU. They got their participation trophy game last week, thanks for playing. Albany should still be pissed that they didn't get theirs.

UNIFanSince1983
November 28th, 2016, 02:15 PM

Not picking on UCA, they won they game. But it took an incredible and unlikely 4th quarter comeback to make that happen. The blocked punt for a TD was a brilliant play. The onside kick was a genius play call that worked out. If it hadn't, and ISU scored on an short field, that call would likely have been pointed at as a ridiculous gamble. But, ISU had a couple of blatant calls that should've gone the other way. Both of them shockingly got upheld after replay review.xconfusedx I get that being on the losing end of "reffed up" calls is part of the game, but considering those were both calls that would've put ISU in good position to score, they were pretty huge. To the Redbirds credit, they haven't complained nearly as much as most do when the ref's screw up a call. But to say the game wasn't as close as the score is about as baseless an assessment of a game as I've ever heard. Did you actually watch the game?

Not taking anything away from the bears. They were in a position to win. The Redbirds weren't able to overcome adversity and put the game away. Take the win however necessary. The Bears won and deserve all the credit for that. But it was anybody's game almost down to the bitter end.

This guy knows what he is talking about, and actually watched the game. Something I am not sure any Southland fans from Huntsville or Newark did.

wapiti
November 28th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Where's the poll for this game?

BEAR
November 28th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Wow...FCS fans are surprised that UCA started slow on offense. No one told them that would happen. xlolx

Yeah, they started even slower than they usually do...waaaaaaaaaay slower and still scored 31. Even had a pick six called back in the first half.

The Bears couldn't get anything going and it wasn't because of anything ISUr did. .We just suck on offense for some reason. But the defense sure held their own.

Game changing moment? Not sure. All I saw was a bunch of pissed off seniors stomping on the sideline trying to wake the freshman up.

Then the fourth quarter happened. ISUr looked tired. Even their fans on their board mentioned in in their game thread. But UCA wasn't tired. You could tell the momentum had swung.

But again, I will tell EWU fans...we start slow on offense. Have all year. No idea what the cause is. Our defense has kept us in games. We know they can't do that forever.

Were we the better team on Saturday? I honestly can't say. But I do know we were better conditioned and the game is played til the clock strikes 0.

BisonTru
November 28th, 2016, 02:48 PM
Where's the poll for this game?

This^^^^ Get on it Clucky. xdrunkyx

Bison56
November 28th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Here's to CluckU, he tries so hard.
http://a.fod4.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/seinfeld.gif

F'N Hawks
November 28th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Good work, CluckU. xpopcornx

Houndawg
November 28th, 2016, 03:17 PM
This.

This happens sometimes.

I was surprised they were let into the playoff at all. They had 11 first downs and were 2/11 on third down against a weak SIU defense. They also rushed for fewer yards than any other MVC team against us. Points to the dilution of of having 24 teams in the playoff

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 03:26 PM
I was surprised they were let into the playoff at all. They had 11 first downs and were 2/11 on third down against a weak SIU defense. They also rushed for fewer yards than any other MVC team against us. Points to the dilution of of having 24 teams in the playoff

just was another example of how everyone thinks MVC is so high and mighty. Heck, Southeast La or McNeese St. would have been better selections to join the playoffs.

UNIFanSince1983
November 28th, 2016, 03:26 PM

Everyone likes to argue that more teams are better, and that is not necessarily true. I think there is a tipping point. Personally I thought 16 was a great amount of teams. It really prevented these issues where there are teams that clearly shouldn't have been rewarded for a mediocre season. Illinois St this year and Western last year were not worthy of the playoffs, but with 24 teams and a really weak bubble that is what happens.

It was like the High School playoffs in Iowa for a few years they went to 32 teams. Well in the largest class (4A) there were only 48 total teams. So 2/3rds of the teams reached the playoffs. There were even teams that went 1-8 and would make into the playoffs due to their conference or district.

So in the end it is nice everyone in the Tom, Dick, and Harry conferences get autobids, but 24 teams is far too many. Although they will never change it back to 16 a man can dream right?

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2016, 03:40 PM
This.

This happens sometimes.

that's some powerful Kool Aide, everything Cluck said was true, the longer that game continued the more dominating UCA became.....

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2016, 03:46 PM
Yet, that's exactly what Cluck is saying...

you meant the Redbirds were not able to get out of there own way..... anyone could see the collapse coming as Central Arkansas kept getting stronger as the game went on, they did start out slow but by the end of the game the Birds were ready to get back on the bus

Thumper 76
November 28th, 2016, 03:46 PM
just was another example of how everyone thinks MVC is so high and mighty. Heck, Southeast La or McNeese St. would have been better selections to join the playoffs.

Well a team that barely finished fourth damn near took out the Southlands far and away second best team at their place, but sure we can got with that. I don't think you would have found a ton of MVFC fans calling for a blow out, most called for a good game, but you do you boo boo.

Also, yeah I called this thread happening, and look who started it, one of SHSUs biggest ball lickers, cluckers. But all the SHSU fans were screaming about how mean and obsessed I am. Shocker, one of two MVFC teams in the first round of the playoffs lost and everyone needs to mastrabate over it. Color me shocked. I'm going to go and recover from the massiveness of surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Well a team that barely finished fourth damn near took out the Southlands far and away second best team at their place, but sure we can got with that. I don't think you would have found a ton of MVFC fans calling for a blow out, most called for a good game, but you do you boo boo.

Also, yeah I called this thread happening, and look who started it, one of SHSUs biggest ball lickers, cluckers. But all the SHSU fans were screaming about how mean and obsessed I am. Shocker, one of two MVFC teams in the first round of the playoffs lost and everyone needs to mastrabate over it. Color me shocked. I'm going to go and recover from the massiveness of surprise.

Thumper, can you provide the results of the picks for the Central Arkansas vs Illinois State game in your pick em game..... please....haha......

it's not a big deal that the MVFC lost to a Southland team, it's that no one saw it coming....... that's the good part!

POD Knows
November 28th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Thumper, can you provide the results of the picks for the Central Arkansas vs Illinois State game in your pick em game..... please....haha......

it's not a big deal that the MVFC lost to a Southland team, it's that no one saw it coming....... that's the good part!

One of my granddaughters picked UCA, she liked the mascot better.

Thumper 76
November 28th, 2016, 04:53 PM

Look them up yourself I'm busy enough handling the scorekeeping and who are fans of what teams and all. I'll tell you there was a couple CAA fans who picked ISUr and even a SHSU fan who did as well, but keep with your trolling.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Look them up yourself I'm busy enough handling the scorekeeping and who are fans of what teams and all. I'll tell you there was a couple CAA fans who picked ISUr and even a SHSU fan who did as well, but keep with your trolling.

because you Kool Aide ladlers have been serving it up all year, pretty soon everyone would of taken a drink.... but not me!

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2016, 05:45 PM
rough count
39 of 51 picked Illini St to beat C Arky

of the 12 that picked Central Arkansas, most all were CAA fans...... good job CAA!

footnote: congrats to POD's granddaughter for being smart unlike her grandummy haha

BisonFan02
November 28th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Clicked thread to make fun of poster for mistake in matchup thread......realized it is a petulant hen.....or senile like a good chunk of their fantasy that is still alive to remember the glory years. I'm out. xlolx

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2016, 06:05 PM
rough count

of the 12 that picked Central Arkansas, most all were CAA fans...... good job CAA!

footnote: congrats to POD's granddaughter for being smart unlike her grandummy haha

Curious what the score differential was picked as. I think almost everyone including Massey had this game as a toss up.

kalm
November 28th, 2016, 06:11 PM
Curious what the score differential was picked as. I think almost everyone including Massey had this game as a toss up.

I don't think very many people saw this otherwise. If you watched the game and looked at the stats, that's pretty much how it played out too. ISU held the Bears to 70 rushing yards and 14 first downs, but special teams and a few key pass plays were the difference.

Rollbird5
November 28th, 2016, 06:23 PM
EWU has been pretty good all year but I think the Redbirds will re-kindle some of our magic from 2014 when we won on the red turf.

I'll go ISU 38 EWU 35 :)

BisonTru
November 28th, 2016, 07:05 PM

I picked San Diego and Central Arkansas. Can you beat that bermudachicken? xdrunkyx

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2016, 07:36 PM
I picked San Diego and Central Arkansas. Can you beat that bermudachicken? xdrunkyx

Yes, Bermuda is not in the Caribbean, gets nippy up there

Red & Black
November 29th, 2016, 11:34 AM
This.

This happens sometimes.

This. Based on what I saw, ISU controlled most of the game. The onside kick recovery really swung momentum towards UCA. It was still a good win for UCA.

Houndawg
November 29th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Wow...FCS fans are surprised that UCA started slow on offense. No one told them that would happen. xlolx

Yeah, they started even slower than they usually do...waaaaaaaaaay slower and still scored 31. Even had a pick six called back in the first half.

The Bears couldn't get anything going and it wasn't because of anything ISUr did. .We just suck on offense for some reason. But the defense sure held their own.

Game changing moment? Not sure. All I saw was a bunch of pissed off seniors stomping on the sideline trying to wake the freshman up.

Then the fourth quarter happened. ISUr looked tired. Even their fans on their board mentioned in in their game thread. But UCA wasn't tired. You could tell the momentum had swung.

But again, I will tell EWU fans...we start slow on offense. Have all year. No idea what the cause is. Our defense has kept us in games. We know they can't do that forever.

Were we the better team on Saturday? I honestly can't say. But I do know we were better conditioned and the game is played til the clock strikes 0.

ISU shouldn't have been in the playoffs at all and even YSU was borderline.

clenz
November 29th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Everyone likes to argue that more teams are better, and that is not necessarily true. I think there is a tipping point. Personally I thought 16 was a great amount of teams. It really prevented these issues where there are teams that clearly shouldn't have been rewarded for a mediocre season. Illinois St this year and Western last year were not worthy of the playoffs, but with 24 teams and a really weak bubble that is what happens.

It was like the High School playoffs in Iowa for a few years they went to 32 teams. Well in the largest class (4A) there were only 48 total teams. So 2/3rds of the teams reached the playoffs. There were even teams that went 1-8 and would make into the playoffs due to their conference or district.

So in the end it is nice everyone in the Tom, Dick, and Harry conferences get autobids, but 24 teams is far too many. Although they will never change it back to 16 a man can dream right?

It's been back to 16 for a few years now

jacks10
November 29th, 2016, 01:58 PM
ISU shouldn't have been in the playoffs at all and even YSU was borderline.

What makes you think YSU should be borderline? Wouldn't you put Samford borderline before YSU?

ysubigred
November 29th, 2016, 03:02 PM
What makes you think YSU should be borderline? Wouldn't you put Samford borderline before YSU?

Houndawg is a little butt hurt :D

YoUDeeMan
November 29th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Clicked thread to make fun of poster for mistake in matchup thread......realized it is a petulant hen.....or senile like a good chunk of their fantasy that is still alive to remember the glory years. I'm out. xlolx

You're a little slow, aren't you? xeyebrowx

YoUDeeMan
November 29th, 2016, 03:15 PM
Yes, Bermuda is not in the Caribbean, gets nippy up there

No one said that South Canada had a good education system. xlolx

YoUDeeMan
November 29th, 2016, 03:20 PM
that's some powerful Kool Aide, everything Cluck said was true, the longer that game continued the more dominating UCA became.....

Exactly...JFC, Carribe is schooling kalm and the rest of the blind.

Again, funny how some folks brag about their tough teams dominating 3rd and 4th quarters. But, when one of those teams gets their azz whipped from the 2nd quarter on, it turns out to be luck.

Watch the game again, kalm...once UCA settled in, they dominated. 24-7 folks...that isn't luck.

And kalm...if you think UCA was going to run the piggy all day, then you don't know football - then again, we all know that. xthumbsupx

Mayville Bison
November 29th, 2016, 04:02 PM
rough count

Most were CAA fans? Nice generalization

3 NDSU fans
2 UND fans
2 Delaware fans
2 Lehigh fans
1 Nova fan
1 Missouri St fan

25% =/= most, but why let silly things like facts ruin a good fantasy story

dwtime
November 29th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Congrats best post of the year! xbowx

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Most were CAA fans? Nice generalization

3 NDSU fans
2 UND fans
2 Delaware fans
2 Lehigh fans
1 Nova fan
1 Missouri St fan

25% =/= most, but why let silly things like facts ruin a good fantasy story

the fantasy was actually being poured by the Kool Aide ..... 39 of 51 not good enough for you?

Red & Black
November 29th, 2016, 08:19 PM
EWU has been pretty good all year but I think the Redbirds will re-kindle some of our magic from 2014 when we won on the red turf.

I'll go ISU 38 EWU 35 :)

You whooped our asses that year. Payback for 2012, I guess.

clenz
November 29th, 2016, 08:38 PM
the fantasy was actually being poured by the Kool Aide ..... 39 of 51 not good enough for you?
What's the breakdown of the 39 by conference?

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2016, 09:11 PM
What's the breakdown of the 39 by conference?

good question Clenz, I don't know the answer but overwhelmingly MVFC was picking The Redbirds I would say

clenz
November 29th, 2016, 09:38 PM
good question Clenz, I don't know the answer but overwhelmingly MVFC was picking The Redbirds I would say

I would like proof that the MVFC picked them at a higher rate than the other conferences. Because what we've learned so far is the MVFC picked against ISU at the highest rate.

I know facts and research are a pesky thing for you and cluck but let's try them on for a bit.

I'm in full research paper mode for grad school so statements like "I think" or "I would say" when there is quantitative facts so easily accessible.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'd like to see the numbers.

Redbird007
November 29th, 2016, 09:41 PM
I picked the Redbirds...Surprise Surprise

Thumper 76
November 29th, 2016, 10:06 PM
I would like proof that the MVFC picked them at a higher rate than the other conferences. Because what we've learned so far is the MVFC picked against ISU at the highest rate.

I know facts and research are a pesky thing for you and cluck but let's try them on for a bit.

I'm in full research paper mode for grad school so statements like "I think" or "I would say" when there is quantitative facts so easily accessible.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'd like to see the numbers.

No idea on the percentages for who picked who, by conference, but 65% of people who picked were MVFC fans. I could do a quick rundown maybe....

Thumper 76
November 29th, 2016, 11:20 PM
No idea on the percentages for who picked who, by conference, but 65% of people who picked were MVFC fans. I could do a quick rundown maybe....

66.7% of all participants were MVFC fans. Of those fans 13.3% picked UCA to win. About what you would expect from conference mates fans in a game that looked to be close.

Of the 6 CAA fans involved it went 50% on both sides.

Big Sky fans went 50%

Patriot League fans went 66% on UCA

ALL other conference participants (there were only four) went with ISUr to win, including the lone Southland voter.

If you figure the percentages of non MVFC voters it went 39% for UCA.

So, shocker, with a gaggle of fans of the school involved in the MVFC and an expected close game, they voted heavier for the team from their conference. Oh well.

clenz
November 30th, 2016, 07:44 AM
66.7% of all participants were MVFC fans. Of those fans 13.3% picked UCA to win. About what you would expect from conference mates fans in a game that looked to be close.

Of the 6 CAA fans involved it went 50% on both sides.

Big Sky fans went 50%

Patriot League fans went 66% on UCA

ALL other conference participants (there were only four) went with ISUr to win, including the lone Southland voter.

If you figure the percentages of non MVFC voters it went 39% for UCA.

So, shocker, with a gaggle of fans of the school involved in the MVFC and an expected close game, they voted heavier for the team from their conference. Oh well.

Now take out Illinois state fans.

Oh and I'd love to see the percentages compared to the rate that big sky, caa, south land, etc... picked their conference mates.

kalm
November 30th, 2016, 08:08 AM

Again, funny how some folks brag about their tough teams dominating 3rd and 4th quarters. But, when one of those teams gets their azz whipped from the 2nd quarter on, it turns out to be luck.

Watch the game again, kalm...once UCA settled in, they dominated. 24-7 folks...that isn't luck.

And kalm...if you think UCA was going to run the piggy all day, then you don't know football - then again, we all know that. xthumbsupx

UCA returned a block kick for touchdown.

They forced a punt and had a nice 83 yard drive for a touchdown to take the lead.

Then the onside kick and 25 yards before kicking a field goal

Next, ISU goes 81 yards and ties it up.

Then both teams punt.

UCA gets a short field and scores with 1:38 remaining.

ISU turns it over on downs.

Dominating!!!xlolx

UCA had a huge momentum change with the blocked punt and the onside kick was a great call. Then they "settled in" to a tie game until 1:38 remaining. xlolx

Mayville Bison
November 30th, 2016, 08:20 AM

Moving the goal posts now after your statement gets called out?

UNIFanSince1983
November 30th, 2016, 08:24 AM
UCA returned a block kick for touchdown.

They forced a punt and had a nice 83 yard drive for a touchdown to take the lead.

Then the onside kick and 25 yards before kicking a field goal

Next, ISU goes 81 yards and ties it up.

Then both teams punt.

UCA gets a short field and scores with 1:38 remaining.

ISU turns it over on downs.

Dominating!!!xlolx

UCA had a huge momentum change with the blocked punt and the onside kick was a great call. Then they "settled in" to a tie game until 1:38 remaining. xlolx

These Bearkat... wait I mean *cough* Hen fans don't do well with facts...

ST_Lawson
November 30th, 2016, 08:54 AM

That's pretty much how I felt. I thought they'd match up pretty well and it'd end up being about even. ISUr was playing a bit "hotter" than UCA, but it was at UCA, so I thought that would pretty much balance out. Generally, if it looks like the result will be a coin flip or down to whoever makes a couple more plays than the other, then I'll go with the MVFC team, just because that's what I hope happens, as a MVFC fan. I don't remember many MVFC fans saying anything about ISUr running away with this one...I think most people thought it'd be close and just picked the one they slightly leaned towards for whatever reason....MVFC fan, hot streak, playoff experience...whatever.

Mayville Bison
November 30th, 2016, 09:41 AM

Wow imagine that! Fans of a MVFC team picking a MVFC team to win. But that's no excuse, I mean they obviously didn't watch the games, correct?

Oh, the 5 SDSU and 2 WIU fans watched ISUr beat them and still picked ISUr to win? Inconceivable! Next you are going to tell me the 16 NDSU fans that picked ISUr picked them because they have had no recent success in the playoffs. And I suppose it's really illogical for the 4 ISUr fans to pick their own team.

Not sure what ax you are trying to grind

REALBird
November 30th, 2016, 10:07 AM
I'm picking Eastern Washington in this game. I just have a hunch they will prevail over Illino......wait....

Thumper 76
November 30th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Not sure what ax you are trying to grind

Are you

Mayville Bison
November 30th, 2016, 10:34 AM
Are you

Possibly...think I need to step back haha

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2016, 10:47 AM
Also, a breakdown of picks for the upcoming round:
North Dakota State - 124 San Diego - 0
South Dakota State - 106 Villanova - 19
James Madison - 119 New Hampshire - 2
Sam Houston State - 104 Chattanooga - 21
Eastern Washington - 115 Central Arkansas - 0
North Dakota - 104 Richmond - 20
Jacksonville State - 100 Youngstown State - 25
The Citadel - 93 Wofford - 9

Doesn't exactly fit his narrative

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2016, 01:26 PM
you Valley boys need to put the whiff on Illinois State behind you...

just be lucky your still alive after drinking the Jim Jones Kool Aide.... many were not so lucky!

ysubigred
November 30th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Also, a breakdown of picks for the upcoming round:
North Dakota State - 124 San Diego - 0
South Dakota State - 106 Villanova - 19
James Madison - 119 New Hampshire - 2
Sam Houston State - 104 Chattanooga - 21
Eastern Washington - 115 Central Arkansas - 0
North Dakota - 104 Richmond - 20
Jacksonville State - 100 Youngstown State - 25
The Citadel - 93 Wofford - 9

Doesn't exactly fit his narrative

I'm sure YSU would take 25 on that JSU vaunted "D" xthumbsupx

Redbird 4th & short
November 30th, 2016, 04:56 PM

"The game was not as close as the score" ??

Two special teams plays in the 4th qtr completely changed the momentum of this game:

1. blocked punt for TD with 14 mins left in game .. prior to this point UCA offense was dead in the water .. 7 point gift
2. onside kick from the 50 (due to unsportsmanlike penalty) with less than 10 mins left in game, which UCA recovered on our 36 .. we held them to FG

The blocked punt and onside kick were both firsts for ISU this season .. 2 fluke plays cost us 10 points, and momentum in the 4th qtr. Prior to these plays, we had manhandled your offense. Want to know how dead in the water UCA was prior to these 2 special teams plays ?

UCA Drive Summary - before and after blocked punt in 4th qtr with 14 mins left in game - this closed lead to 17-14

- Q1-Q3 (before blocked punt): 12 drives, 52 plays for 158 total yards
.... here is yardage for each of your drives: 1, 3, -5, 5, 6, 57 (took 12 plays, only TD), 15, -6, 58 (59 on 1 play, still punted), 9, 0, 18
.... you couldn't move the ball for squat .. your best drive took 12 plays to go 57 yards for TD

- Q4 (after blocked punt): 4 drives, 19 plays for 172 yards .. ignoring their last drive when they ran out clock taking knee on 3 plays.

And you say it was not as close as score indicated ? What game were you watching ? We had more 1st downs, yards were about even, you punted 10 times, we punted 9 times.

Care to talk about all of the UCA OL holding ? Or the blatantly missed UCA catch & fumble call ? Many on AGS, not Redbird fans, commented on how lopsided the officiating was .. especially how much holding the UCA OL got away with. We pride ourselves on playing by the rules and avoiding penalties.

Still, if not for 2 fluke special teams gaffes in the 4th qtr, our 6-5 team beats your 9-2 team on your own field.

Redbird 4th & short
November 30th, 2016, 05:06 PM

Two special teams plays in the 4th qtr completely changed the momentum of this game:

1. blocked punt for TD with 14 mins left in game .. prior to this point UCA offense was dead in the water .. 7 point gift
2. onside kick from the 50 (due to unsportsmanlike penalty) with less than 10 mins left in game, which UCA recovered on our 36 .. we held them to FG

The blocked punt and onside kick were both firsts for ISU this season .. 2 fluke plays cost us 10 points, and momentum in the 4th qtr. Prior to these plays, we had manhandled your offense. Want to know how dead in the water UCA was prior to these 2 special teams plays ?

UCA Drive Summary - before and after blocked punt in 4th qtr with 14 mins left in game - this closed lead to 17-14

.... here is yardage for each of your drives: 1, 3, -5, 5, 6, 57 (took 12 plays, only TD), 15, -6, 58 (59 on 1 play, still punted), 9, 0, 18
.... you couldn't move the ball for squat .. your best drive took 12 plays to go 57 yards for TD

- Q4 (after blocked punt): 4 drives, 19 plays for 172 yards .. ignoring their last drive when they ran out clock taking knee on 3 plays.

And you say it was not as close as score indicated ? What game were you watching ? We had more 1st downs, yards were about even, you punted 10 times, we punted 9 times.

Care to talk about all of the UCA OL holding ? Or the blatantly missed UCA catch & fumble call ? Many on AGS, not Redbird fans, commented on how lopsided the officiating was .. especially how much holding the UCA OL got away with. We pride ourselves on playing by the rules and avoiding penalties.

Still, if not for 2 fluke special teams gaffes in the 4th qtr, our 6-5 team beats your 9-2 team on your own field.

Oh .. and please name 1 team who should have had our playoff spot. And be sure to talk thru their resume of quality wins and quality losses. Just name one .. or make a bigger fool of yourself and try to name more than one.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Oh .. and please name 1 team who should have had our playoff spot. And be sure to talk thru their resume of quality wins and quality losses. Just name one .. or make a bigger fool of yourself and try to name more than one.

No Iowa?

kalm
December 4th, 2016, 09:07 AM

I sure am glad ISU never got the chance to settle in yesterday. If we had played UCA instead, they would have surely wore us down by the 4th quarter.

Which of the three remaining MVFC teams do we get next?

OSBF
December 4th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Did 4th and bitchy really just quote himself and tell himself to make a bigger fool of himself?

post#72?

YoUDeeMan
December 4th, 2016, 09:57 AM

Hmmmm...apparently, special teams are not a part of football in ISU land. xlolxxlolx

And, it appears, as everyone says, thart ISU is not really an MVFC team because MVFC teams are supposed to be dominating in the 4th quarter because their beef eaters wear people down. You guys got worn down...so yeah, you got exposed for what you were (or weren't). xlolx

Look, UCA dominated you guys after the second quarter. I'm not sure if you watched the game because your team only got 7 points in over half a game. SEVEN POINTS...35 minutes. That is domination, buddy...unless you've figured out how to win games without scoring points (hint, you haven't). And UCA's defense was absolutely killing you guys in all facets of the game in the second half.

UCA's offense...they got 24 on you with a slow start.

It took a bit of time to adjust, but once they did, UCA blew your draws off. No sense in crying...you weren't good enough and didn't deserve a spot in the field.

YoUDeeMan
December 4th, 2016, 10:03 AM
I sure am glad ISU never got the chance to settle in yesterday. If we had played UCA instead, they would have surely wore us down by the 4th quarter.

Which of the three remaining MVFC teams do we get next?

Didn't watch your game...will probably dial it up later if it doesn't get Cal Poly'd. Congrats!

If I can't watch the game, perhaps I will dig up some summary of your game written by some unstable ex-Morman...that might give me an unbiased perspective. xlolx

kalm
December 4th, 2016, 10:08 AM
Didn't watch your game...will probably dial it up later if it doesn't get Cal Poly'd. Congrats!

If I can't watch the game, perhaps I will dig up some summary of your game written by some unstable ex-Morman...that might give me an unbiased perspective. xlolx

xdrunkyx