PDA

View Full Version : Selection Sunday 2016

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

TheKingpin28
November 20th, 2016, 12:01 PM
NC A&T I think got what they really wanted. From my understanding, they did not want to leave for the Celebration Bowl. But to say due to the bid, that is why they got in, should say a lot about how bad this committee really is.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2016, 12:02 PM
Bring on the Jacks! They played the best the could have and squeaked out a last second win.

Bison running game is humming along. I'll take the Bison in a rematch.

So... you remember how many times we were in the red zone and shot ourselves in the foot, right? I don't think I would call that "the best they could"... but keep drinking your own kool aid.

Longhorn
November 20th, 2016, 12:03 PM
To be accurate it was 4,400 fans. 

But yes - Albany is not in because of the Delaware loss. Completely agreed.

And the FBS win over Buffalo is really not a great win. Buffalo was horrendous.

I doubt they even got the point of comparison with UNH so head to head wasn't even discussed.

You points are valid, still, I thought your team had the better resume. Your team deserved to be in the post-season.

Theee Catrabbit
Is it me or are SHSU fans trying to hard to get noticed here? No one cares about you. Either you will get dominated by SDSU or NDSU. It will be a short story.

UNDBIZ
NCA&T gets in with a strong bid according to the chairman.

Have to replace that WaGriz money somehow.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Thanks. Going up on the lockerroom bulletin board.

http://i.giphy.com/lj935f7J3guGc.gif

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 12:04 PM
SDSU vs great defensive teams has worked out pretty well so far. Against 3 of the best defenses in the nation it went:

NDSU 19-17
522 yds on offense, stalled inside the 5 3 times, never punted. Rushed for 200 plus when NDSU hadn't allowed a rusher have over 100 yds.

YSU 24-10
Really was 24-3 w a garbage time td. Let off the throttle big time, first game they ran more than they passed. Still had 356 yds on the game.

UNI 45-25

422 yds of offense, averaged 6.8 yards par play.

Long story short, as a Jacks fan good luck finding a defense that terrifies me. I'm not pumped about getting Nova, cause they are a good team and will be a tough out, but I'm certainly not afraid of their defense with our offense.

I'm on board with this, we match up much better against NDSU than EWU.

xlolx Yeah it's humming, but it's humming against USeD and Indy St, not exactly eye popping. And your defense is even more depleted from after you got gashed last time. Also, SDSU has figured out their short yardage game with Kyle Paris. That wasn't the best SDSU could play against you.

Oh good greif if they are looking at message boards to find that, well I feel bad for you cause they won't go very far.

That's what confuses me about a lot of NDSU fans cavalier attitude about a rematch with SDSU, like two games of good rushing against Indy St and USeD mean that everything is fixed and SDSU has no chance.

Good grief, it's not even a home hockey game and you're posting crap like this? Embarrassing dude, and I love hockey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not "cavalier" as you want to say but confident. Sure the Jacks will be tough, no one has said they will not be tough. If NDSU gets by Cal Poly and the Jacks by Villanova, then strap it up for another game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 12:05 PM
So... you remember how many times we were in the red zone and shot ourselves in the foot, right? I don't think I would call that "the best they could"... but keep drinking your own kool aid.

You keep drinking your kool aid and think it will be the same ol game as before....xrolleyesxxlolx

CappinHard
November 20th, 2016, 12:05 PM
3 drives that stalled. I call that good defense. Call it what you want.

I doubt the Jacks beat Villanova.

You, sir, are an idiot.

CHIP72
November 20th, 2016, 12:06 PM
If you can afford a high bid, you can afford some temporary stadium lights. This isn't 1927. Get some damn lights. There isn't one high school field in this state that doesnt have them.

You didn't pony up so you're playing on the road.

Dude, you don't understand Goodman Stadium's setting - it is surrounded by fairly large grass fields on 3 sides, including the side where probably 95% of the fans park for games. Not only would lights need to be installed for the stadium, they'd also have to be installed above the field people walk across to get to the stadium.

Here's a Google Maps link showing the stadium site. Go to the aerial photo view for a better perspective. Most people park in the parking lots to the right (east) of Stabler Arena: https://www.google.com/maps/place/40%C2%B035'20.0%22N+75%C2%B021'19.0%22W/@40.588889,-75.355278,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.588889!4d-75.355278?hl=en

Having said the above, if Lehigh has to install lights to ensure they have the opportunity to host playoff games, then they should install lights. They'd probably still want to avoid playing true night games due to the setting. I will note Penn State plays periodic night games, and the setting and pedestrian access to the stadium there in some ways isn't dramatically different than at Lehigh (people can walk along roads to get to/from Beaver Stadium, but most parking is in grass fields).

CappinHard
November 20th, 2016, 12:06 PM
You keep drinking your kool aid and think it will be the same ol game as before....xrolleyesxxlolx

I didn't say a word about how the game would go... I'm just amazed by how stupid you are saying that it was our best game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 12:07 PM
You, sir, are an idiot.

xlolx

GFY little man.....xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 12:08 PM
I didn't say a word about how the game would go... I'm just amazed by how stupid you are saying that it was our best game.

You are the stupid one if you think it will just be the same ol game again.

Get by Villanova. Bison get by Cal Poly and go from there.

jacksfan29
November 20th, 2016, 12:09 PM
They finally had a chance to not send you to Fargo, assuming both teams win, and nope, they say **** it anyway.

Fear of another all MVFC championship game. And a weak commissioner.

jmu007
November 20th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Probably, but FWIW, they put 3 out of 4 CAA teams on same side too. Basically the top half is the MVFC / CAA invitational + SHSU.

TheKingpin28
November 20th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Fear of another all MVFC championship game. And a weak commissioner.

And they put YSU and ISUr to say "hey you know we did split you up, but we are sick and tired of seeing the best team winning, so here's a big old glass of SUCK IT."

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Stats wise, San Diego has the best scoring defense and total defense in the FCS. Pioneer padding of course.

Villanova has the best defense of the playoffs teams it looks like. Scoring and total defense.

Daytripper
November 20th, 2016, 12:15 PM
When was the last time Keeler coached against JMU? Or Mike Houston?

I guarantee Keeler doesn't give one S#!^ about anything except proving the committee wrong. He will use that as motivation. Did you see him and the team on television? Not happy.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 20th, 2016, 12:15 PM
You points are valid, still, I thought your team had the better resume. Your team deserved to be in the post-season.

According to the committee chair, UNH wasn't one of the last four in so the complaint isn't about UNH getting in before UA. The Danes were only 4-4 in the conference, sixth place. The win over Buffalo really didn't help them.

CHIP72
November 20th, 2016, 12:16 PM
It makes for a pretty huge advantage if matched up with a western team to be starting at 11am eastern. For some teams it would be like having them start at 8 am, and waking up at 4 am to get ready. Don't be cheap and trying to get an artificial advantage if possible.

I'm not suggesting games involving western teams that are traveling east should have to play at 2 PM ET/11 AM PT. I'm saying that games involving two Eastern or Central Time Zone teams don't have to start as late as 2 PM ET. The vast majority of the FCS playoff games don't involve teams outside the Eastern or Central Time Zones, so they shouldn't be restricted to starting no earlier than 2 PM ET. On a related note, the NCAA could have easily scheduled the NDSU second round game, which will start at 3:30 PM ET/2:30 PM CT/12:30 PM PT and be played against a Pacific Time Zone team (Cal-Poly or San Diego), later in the day, and the North Dakota second round game, which will start at 6 PM ET/5 PM CT and be played against an Eastern Time Zone team (Richmond or North Carolina A&T), earlier in the day.

UNDBIZ
November 20th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Isn't NCA&T at Richmond in round 1? Bid couldn't have been that crazy.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 20th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Bids are sealed until the bracket is set so no way did NC A&T's bid ensure entry. And it wasn't even good enough to outbid Richmond anyway.

Longhorn
November 20th, 2016, 12:20 PM
Dude, you don't understand Goodman Stadium's setting - it is surrounded by fairly large grass fields on 3 sides, including the side where probably 95% of the fans park for games. Not only would lights need to be installed for the stadium, they'd also have to be installed above the field people walk across to get to the stadium.

Here's a Google Maps link showing the stadium site. Go to the aerial photo view for a better perspective. Most people park in the parking lots to the right (east) of Stabler Arena: https://www.google.com/maps/place/40%C2%B035'20.0%22N+75%C2%B021'19.0%22W/@40.588889,-75.355278,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d40.588889!4d-75.355278?hl=en

Having said the above, if Lehigh has to install lights to ensure they have the opportunity to host playoff games, then they should install lights. They'd probably still want to avoid playing true night games due to the setting. I will note Penn State plays periodic night games, and the setting and pedestrian access to the stadium there in some ways isn't dramatically different than at Lehigh (people can walk along roads to get to/from Beaver Stadium, but most parking is in grass fields).

Apparently you don't understand how rented lights work. You get some trucks with crane lifts, your drive them up behind the stands, and lift the lights high overhead to illuminate the field. You also bring in a mobile generator (or two) to power the lights. It's not particularly pretty, but they do the job. Back in 2008, prior to the renovation of JMU's stadium, JMU had to rent lights to help meet the needs of the national broadcast of the Appalachian State vs. JMU game. Your stadium's location is not an impediment to renting lights.

dwtime
November 20th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Did you not watch the selection show? UNH wasn't even one of the last 4 in.

What does New Hampshire have on the playoff committee? They have 0 wins against fbs or playoff teams and are 7-4. I recall they were a controversial playoff team last year as well. Meanwhile Albany had an FBS win, 2 wins over playoff teams (including UNH), and is 7-4.

Can anyone explain UNH, ISUr, Weber St, etc. ahead of Albany?

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2016, 12:21 PM
The one favor the committee did do for SDSU is match up NDSU vs Cal Poly the week before the xDSU's could meet up.

I don't say this because I think Poly is likely to beat NDSU, but rather the Bison will have to use an entire week of prep to learn defensive principles that are only used against a triple option team, then have to unlearn all that in a week for a Jacks team that runs the complete antithesis of a triple option offense.

That's a tough deal for a healthy, experienced defense, but might be really daunting for a Bison D that will be without their 2 best defenders (LeDuca and Tanguey) and maybe another top defender in Gee-Tucker.
I doubt NDSU or SDSU really need to do much in terms of preparation for each other during game week if they do end up in a quarterfinal matchup. It's more about each side getting their own team ready and executing. There will be very few surprises given the familiarity those teams have with each other.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2016, 12:22 PM
You are the stupid one if you think it will just be the same ol game again.

Get by Villanova. Bison get by Cal Poly and go from there.

Do you even think before you post? I JUST said that I didn't say anything about how the game would go.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 20th, 2016, 12:22 PM
I'm not suggesting games involving western teams that are traveling east should have to play at 2 PM ET/11 AM PT. I'm saying that games involving two Eastern or Central Time Zone teams don't have to start as late as 2 PM ET. The vast majority of the FCS playoff games don't involve teams outside the Eastern or Central Time Zones, so they shouldn't be restricted to starting no earlier than 2 PM ET. On a related note, the NCAA could have easily scheduled the NDSU second round game, which will start at 3:30 PM ET/2:30 PM CT/12:30 PM PT and be played against a Pacific Time Zone team (Cal-Poly or San Diego), later in the day, and the North Dakota second round game, which will start at 6 PM ET/5 PM CT and be played against an Eastern Time Zone team (Richmond or North Carolina A&T), earlier in the day.

Only three seasons ago, UNH didn't have lights and wasn't their game with Lafayette at Cowell Stadium a Noon kick off? Has there really been a change in NCAA policy or did UNH just outbid Lehigh? Methinks that if Lehigh had won the bid, the kick off would have been Noon at Goodman.

UNDBIZ
November 20th, 2016, 12:24 PM

Had to leave after brackets. UNH not being last 4 in is even more ridiculous. 0 quality wins. 2 losses to non-playoff teams.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2016, 12:26 PM
I don't know if it was intentional, but it seems like the committee really wants a different champion this year. Cal Poly, SDSU, and JMU/SHSU is a nasty path to Frisco.

CHIP72
November 20th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Apparently you don't understand how rented lights work. You get some trucks with crane lifts, your drive them up behind the stands, and lift the lights high overhead to illuminate the field. You also bring in a mobile generator (or two) to power the lights. It's not particularly pretty, but they do the job. Back in 2008, prior to the renovation of JMU's stadium, JMU had to rent lights to help meet the needs of the national broadcast of the Appalachian State vs. JMU game. Your stadium's location is not an impediment to renting lights.

Apparently you can't read, because in the post you quoted I suggested Lehigh should install lights to ensure they can host playoff games in the future.

Longhorn
November 20th, 2016, 12:27 PM
I guarantee Keeler doesn't give one S#!^ about anything except proving the committee wrong. He will use that as motivation. Did you see him and the team on television? Not happy.

Awww, poor Keeler. He must have been sooooo mad he took off his signature shades. xlolx

Seriously tho, Keeler is a solid coach, he'll have your team ready. JMU will be waiting for you, IF SH gets that far. Bring your longjohns with you if you travel to Virginia, because it will be cold.

- - - Updated - - -

CHIP72
November 20th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Only three seasons ago, UNH didn't have lights and wasn't their game with Lafayette at Cowell Stadium a Noon kick off? Has there really been a change in NCAA policy or did UNH just outbid Lehigh? Methinks that if Lehigh had won the bid, the kick off would have been Noon at Goodman.

EVERY game in the first and second round of the playoffs is scheduled for a 2 PM ET start or later, regardless where it is taking place. I would think some of those teams, especially those where winter weather can be a factor at the game or going to/from the game, would prefer to start their games earlier if they had the choice.

Daytripper
November 20th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Awww, poor Keeler. He must have been sooooo mad he took off his signature shades. xlolx

Seriously tho, Keeler is a solid coach, he'll have your team ready. JMU will be waiting for you, IF SH gets that far. Bring your longjohns with you if you travel to Virginia, because it will be cold.

- - - Updated - - -

Also....If JMU gets that far.

Longhorn
November 20th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Apparently you can't read, because in the post you quoted I suggested Lehigh should install lights to ensure they can host playoff games in the future.

Now now, I know you're feeling frustrated, but the issue (as you've brought it up) is lights (rented or permanent). The truth is Lehigh got outbid. Deal with it.

jmu007
November 20th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Stats wise, San Diego has the best scoring defense and total defense in the FCS. Pioneer padding of course.

Villanova has the best defense of the playoffs teams it looks like. Scoring and total defense.

The NOVA D-Line is the strength of the team and their speed at LB add on to make them very very tough to move the ball against.

Longhorn
November 20th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Also....If JMU gets that far.

Sure enough! And hope you can make the game in Harrisonburg. xthumbsupx

BisonTru
November 20th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Comparing year over year the top 6 teams this year would have been seeded second last year with the resumes they built this year, imo.

Kemo
November 20th, 2016, 12:41 PM
I doubt NDSU or SDSU really need to do much in terms of preparation for each other during game week if they do end up in a quarterfinal matchup. It's more about each side getting their own team ready and executing. There will be very few surprises given the familiarity those teams have with each other.

I think it has less to do with prepping for SDSU as it does just getting the now useless keys and reads out of one's head after a week and entire game using them. If this causes thinking rather than reacting, that hurts against an already potent offense.

Plus, those chop blocks. Oh, the chop blocks.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 20th, 2016, 12:42 PM
EVERY game in the first and second round of the playoffs is scheduled for a 2 PM ET start or later, regardless where it is taking place. I would think some of those teams, especially those where winter weather can be a factor at the game or going to/from the game, would prefer to start their games earlier if they had the choice.

If Lehigh outbid UNH, then ESPN would have no choice but start the game at Noon. In 2005, UNH game with Northern Iowa started at 11:00 because UNH didn't have lights and they were worried it would be dark before the game finished. No lights wasn't the reason Lehigh didn't get the game.

In 2014, UNH hosted Chattanooga in a Quarterfinal game that started at 8:00 in Durham, New Hampshire. Pretty sure winter weather was a possibility for that game, actually was snowing during the tailgate. Didn't stop them from putting that game on Friday night.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2016, 12:43 PM

biggest common denominator on AGS is the Honeyman get's called out for being a dumb azz every day.... haha

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 12:47 PM
The NOVA D-Line is the strength of the team and their speed at LB add on to make them very very tough to move the ball against.

Watching some of Villanova this year, that defense is good, really good. I saw Youngstown's defense in person this year and they are good....Villanova's is better.

- - - Updated - - -

biggest common denominator on AGS is the Honeyman get's called out for being a dumb azz every day.... haha

xlolx

Coming from the guy that doesn't have a clue about much....xlolx

Keep trolling troll boy...

RootinFerDukes
Overall, an excellent bracket and field. My complaints are as follows:

The NDSU side of the bracket is stacked while the EWU side is a cake walk by comparison.

JSU at #3 while JMU and Citadel lag behind in higher ranking conferences is a head scratcher. I guess being the runner up in 2015 carries some serious weight. At least SHSU is as far down as they should be. Even The Citadel should be ahead of them. Again, postseason success in 2015 means more apparently.

I don't like to see a 6-5 team make the field while 7-4 teams are left out, but we've set that precedent for the MVFC and as long as NDSU keeps winning titles and dragging the entire conference's rating up, it's going to keep happening. Teams get in simply by being an MVFC team. Let's start letting Missouri State in too.

caribbeanhen
Exactly. Keeler will be out of his element (if his team gets that far).

Keeler might not have to do much coaching, Sammy is over the top with talent.... good coaches make sure they have plenty

UNDBIZ
November 20th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Real important question here: Does the ncaa allow the sale of alcohol at playoff games?

Preferred Walk-On
November 20th, 2016, 12:48 PM
I, for one, think that Jay Walker may not be that crazy with his NC pick (although, yes, it probably was the kiss of death for SDSU).

If NDSU and SDSU do play, I am not worried about NDSU's defense. I am worried about how long their defense will be on the field. NDSU's offense has not done the defense many favors for most of the year and does not instill much confidence lately. This is probably reflected by the fact that NDSU has been outscored overall in the second half this season (by 4 points according to the broadcast on MidcoSN yesterday), including 7-0 by USD.

Like last year, NDSU needs to have "Playoff Easton", not "Regular Season Easton" show up, which includes completions and important conversions when needed, and I am hopeful (like last year) that this will be the case.

Good luck to everyone's teams, as this should be a very entertaining playoffs.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2016, 12:49 PM
Cal Poly will be a tricky matchup for the Bizun! Not a team you wanna see in the playoffs

Cal Poly tailed off towards the end of the year, the will get whipped by the Bizun...

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2016, 12:50 PM
I'm sure UTC is excited they are on the other side of the bracket don't have to get their butts kicked by us again this year. :D

I could see SDSU knocking off NDSU.... in Brookings. I don't think they can repeat in the Dome.

Hey UND. Do us a favor and knock off EWU for us. K thanks.
- Sincerely, My Retinas

Bison Fan in NW MN
I, for one, think that Jay Walker may not be that crazy with his NC pick (although, yes, it probably was the kiss of death for SDSU).

If NDSU and SDSU do play, I am not worried about NDSU's defense. I am worried about how long their defense will be on the field. NDSU's offense has not done the defense many favors for most of the year and does not instill much confidence lately. This is probably reflected by the fact that NDSU has been outscored overall in the second half this season (by 4 points according to the broadcast on MidcoSN yesterday), including 7-0 by USD.

Like last year, NDSU needs to have "Playoff Easton", not "Regular Season Easton" show up, which includes completions and important conversions when needed, and I am hopeful (like last year) that this will be the case.

Good luck to everyone's teams, as this should be a very entertaining playoffs.

That bolded sentence is probably spot on!

TheKingpin28

I would not say that at all. This might be the first time since 2011/2012 that Bison fans are actually divided on how they view the team as a whole. He just sees it in a different way compared to how I see it. I want him to be right, and I hope he is, its just that, as a fan base, we have, and for the matter no one has, ever been in a situation where we are worried that we might not get a 6th straight title.

Redbird007
November 20th, 2016, 12:52 PM

And you call Musco to do it. They are the company that seems to light up all the stadiums and sporting events where there is no permanent lighting.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 12:52 PM
I would not say that at all. This might be the first time since 2011/2012 that Bison fans are actually divided on how they view the team as a whole. He just sees it in a different way compared to how I see it. I want him to be right, and I hope he is, its just that, as a fan base, we have, and for the matter no one has, ever been in a situation where we are worried that we might not get a 6th straight title.

All he does is troll my posts. Done it for over 2 years now.

TheKingpin28
November 20th, 2016, 12:54 PM

How have the hens fared lately?

:p

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2016, 12:54 PM
Villanova/St. Francis (VU hosts)

Winner plays SDSU.

If Nova can get by St Don't Call Me Francis, it sets up one the most interesting match-ups in the playoffs, Villanova at South Dakota State..... to bad the playoffs don't give us more games like this one.....

Preferred Walk-On
November 20th, 2016, 12:55 PM
I'm sure UTC is excited they are on the other side of the bracket don't have to get their butts kicked by us again this year. :D

I could see SDSU knocking off NDSU.... in Brookings. I don't think they can repeat in the Dome.

Hey UND. Do us a favor and knock off EWU for us. K thanks.
- Sincerely, My Retinas

^^THIS (in bold)^^

Rollbird5
November 20th, 2016, 12:55 PM
What does New Hampshire have on the playoff committee? They have 0 wins against fbs or playoff teams and are 7-4. I recall they were a controversial playoff team last year as well. Meanwhile Albany had an FBS win, 2 wins over playoff teams (including UNH), and is 7-4.

Can anyone explain UNH, ISUr, Weber St, etc. ahead of Albany?

To borrow Redbird 4th and short’s analysis from our forum: ISU vs Albany - more of them same. They didn't play a single team ranked under 100. 127 to be exact. They lost their top 3 games to teams ranked 127, 136, 164. They beat up on the bottom of their schedule beating 7 of 8 teams ranked 182 to 326,losing to team ranked 217 by 16 points. We had 5 wins against teams ranked higher than their best win.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Samford in.................4 for the SOCon.......Chuck south to Wofford

those 2 teams are going to bang each other up.... a playoff match up we don't need

RootinFerDukes
November 20th, 2016, 01:00 PM
The lack of lights had to be it. Lehigh basially never had a chance. Disappointing because you're never going to advance far by going on the road....xrolleyesx

2004 - JMU won the title by winning all games on the road. We're still the only school to have done that in I-AA/FCS history.

taper
November 20th, 2016, 01:00 PM
UNH is ranked higher(usually much higher) than Albany in AGS, STATS, Coaches, SRS, Sagarin, and Massey. Why should we throw all that away and take the lower ranked team?

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2016, 01:01 PM
The lack of lights had to be it. Lehigh basially never had a chance. Disappointing because you're never going to advance far by going on the road....xrolleyesx

Lehigh beats UNH

longtimemocfan
November 20th, 2016, 01:02 PM
[QUOTE=JSUSoutherner;2418216]I'm sure UTC is excited they are on the other side of the bracket don't have to get their butts kicked by us again this year. :D

You didn't exactly kick our butts. :D Would like another crack at you guys. We'll get our chance next year. xthumbsupx

Longhorn
November 20th, 2016, 01:03 PM
UNH is ranked higher(usually much higher) than Albany in AGS, STATS, Coaches, SRS, Sagarin, and Massey. Why should we throw all that away and take the lower ranked team?

Hmmm, maybe because Albany beat UNH and a FBS team? That said, I don't want to pit UNH against Albany as an "either one or the other" argument. I just think Albany should have made the field as an at-large.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 20th, 2016, 01:04 PM
If Lehigh outbid UNH, then ESPN would have no choice but start the game at Noon. In 2005, UNH game with Northern Iowa started at 11:00 because UNH didn't have lights and they were worried it would be dark before the game finished. No lights wasn't the reason Lehigh didn't get the game.

In 2014, UNH hosted Chattanooga in a Quarterfinal game that started at 8:00 in Durham, New Hampshire. Pretty sure winter weather was a possibility for that game, actually was snowing during the tailgate. Didn't stop them from putting that game on Friday night.

There's definitely been a move to uniform time slots. That's clear. Either way Lehigh really should pony up and ensure home games when you have a legitimately good team. Lights have talked about for a while. There's simply no reason not to have them in 2016. Lehigh has more than enough $$$.

WrenFGun
To be accurate it was 4,400 fans. 

But yes - Albany is not in because of the Delaware loss. Completely agreed.

And the FBS win over Buffalo is really not a great win. Buffalo was horrendous.

I doubt they even got the point of comparison with UNH so head to head wasn't even discussed.

I'll say it right now -- while I don't think UNH was the last team in, they shouldn't be dancing if Albany isn't. People keep referencing Albany's bad loss to Delaware [it really wasn't that bad, to be honest], and somehow ignoring a much more terrible loss [UNH loss to a team in Dartmouth that didn't win a single game in the Ivy league].

The committee has it structured oddly, IMO. They value FCS losses [3 or fewer] and Conference record in uneven conferences seemingly more than they value H2H and overall SOS. I don't see how UNH has a better resume than Albany.

With that said, UNH also still belonged in over Samford [1-3 to end the season with a loss to ETSU, garbage] and NC A&T [who may have bought their way in over UA]. So while we'll deal with the whole "why Did UNH get in?" I think the focus is "why didn't Albany, too?" Too much emphasis on conference record and FCS losses, but they've demonstrated it time and time again.

Thumper 76
How has nobody rejoiced over what the committee has gifted us with yet? A potential bird matchup of Chattown vs SHSU Novemberists! There is a God!

Bison Fan in NW MN

xlolx

For the Cal Poly/NDSU game. I'm sure Grimsley will be down in the box to help support the run like Heagle versus Georgia Southern a few years ago. The week off will definitely help heal up some players. Hopefully, Tucker's injury is not serious but Board will fill in fine IMO.

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Don't forget, UNH athletic director Marty Scarano is on the selection committee. I've used the term collusion but that offended some other UNH fans. There is no doubt Marty's access and relationship with the other ADs helps them and he gets favor for UNH. 2012, 2014 when we got the first seed over NDSU, last year, and this year are all evidence of it. Albany had a better resume than UNH, it's so clear.

TheKingpin28
November 20th, 2016, 01:09 PM
xlolx

For the Cal Poly/NDSU game. I'm sure Grimsley will be down in the box to help support the run like Heagle versus Georgia Southern a few years ago. The week off will definitely help heal up some players. Hopefully, Tucker's injury is not serious but Board will fill in fine IMO.

Assuming Grimsley can make an open field tackle. He has not had much success with that at NDSU. If he can't make those crucial stops, it could get ugly real fast. Playing sound gap defense where every man has a guy, has led to mixed results. I want to believe, but getting that extra week off will do justice.

Sammy94
November 20th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Don't forget, UNH athletic director Marty Scarano is on the selection committee. I've used the term collusion but that offended some other UNH fans. There is no doubt Marty's access and relationship with the other ADs helps them and he gets favor for UNH. 2012, 2014 when we got the first seed over NDSU, last year, and this year are all evidence of it. Albany had a better resume than UNH, it's so clear.
So is JSU's, I knew they would not drop out of the top 4 no matter what.

RootinFerDukes
November 20th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Christ, i'm only on page 14 and these salty ass SHSU fans are f'in unbearable. Get over yourselves. Your SOS sucks. You know it. Be grateful you're seeded at all.

Redbird007
Is it me or are SHSU fans trying to hard to get noticed here? No one cares about you. Either you will get dominated by SDSU or NDSU. It will be a short story.
I believe SHSU should have been seeded 2 so I can understand the current feeling SHSU fans have as respects to be short changed but you are right Catrabbit. The SHSU fan annoyance level is unheralded and so annoying especially when a majority of their argument about how good SHSU was/is prior to yesterday's game was all subjective.

JSUSoutherner
Christ, i'm only on page 14 and these salty ass SHSU fans are f'in unbearable. Get over yourselves. Your SOS sucks. You know it. Be grateful you're seeded at all.
This. This right here.

Longhorn
Watching some of Villanova this year, that defense is good, really good. I saw Youngstown's defense in person this year and they are good....Villanova's is better...

Nova has a huge DT/DE (they play a strange 3-3-5 kind of D, so I never know what to call their linemen), who will be playing on Sunday. He's a man-child among little guys on the field, however, the strength of their D is probably their LBs. It is a very tough D, and they almost never make a mistake.

MTfan4life
November 20th, 2016, 01:12 PM
I'm sure it's been stated enough about New Hampshire's inclusion, but this is the second time in just five years that UNH has gotten in the playoffs over a team who had just beaten them by at least 11 on their home field in mid November. (Towson beat them by 29 in 2012) I think the message here is that if you're a bubble team, lose to New Hampshire. Beating them clearly isn't working for you. Also, UNH got smoked by 4-7 Delaware last season and it didn't keep them out, but that may be part of what kept Albany out this season. In the end, both teams resumes were terrible. It's just a definite trend to see UNH be given the benefit of the doubt when on that bubble, even when going against teams who have gone on the road to beat them.

Southern Bison
November 20th, 2016, 01:13 PM
None of you have thought about that ESPN controls game times. If it's anything like the past FCS title games, there are MBB games scheduled on ESPN3 & CollegeExtra at noon ET which means some BS early-season basketball game could make you miss the first 5-15 minutes of a playoff FB game.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2016, 01:13 PM

I'm a UNH homer, but it doesn't mean that's not a fair statement. Of the teams that got in, who's the last four? Samford, ISU-R, A&T, Weber? I mean, I don't know. Seems pretty clear to me that UNH is at least in that group.

Albany should've been in the playoffs. Strong win H2H over two playoff teams, lost to Richmond in OT, FBS win, etc. That's a fantastic 7 win resume. Yeah they have 4 FCS losses and a mediocre finish in the CAA -- so what? Everyone has flaws. UNH lost to Dartmouth and had one win with a team with a record over .500. Samford lost 3 of their last 4. A&T's FBS win is as bad as Albany's, with no good ones. They should've been in. Not over UNH probably, but they should've been in.

Daytripper
November 20th, 2016, 01:14 PM
How has nobody rejoiced over what the committee has gifted us with yet? A potential bird matchup of Chattown vs SHSU Novemberists! There is a God!

Be careful what you wish for.

Elcid1995
November 20th, 2016, 01:15 PM
The Citadel and Wofford are frustrating teams to play against. They chew the clock up that limits your possessions and should they get past the 50 yard line might as well count them going for it on 4th down. Just when you think you have Wofford stopped they come up with some WELL executed gadget play.

What he said. Wofford is a GREAT team

Daytripper
November 20th, 2016, 01:15 PM
This. This right here.

You, of all people, have no right to jump on the SOS SHSU bashing bandwagon. Be oh so thankful that your AD was on the committee.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Nova has a huge DT/DE (they play a strange 3-3-5 kind of D, so I never know what to call their linemen), who will be playing on Sunday. He's a man-child among little guys on the field, however, the strength of their D is probably their LBs. It is a very tough D, and the almost never make a mistake.

Their stats reflect that:

3rd in total defense - 265/game
3rd in scoring defense - 14/game
6th in passing defense - 165/game
11th in rushing defense - 100/game

Now if there is an offense that will test those stats it will be SDSU's.

KPSUL
November 20th, 2016, 01:17 PM
I looked more closely at the game times, and there are 3 first or second round games that will start before 2 PM local time (but none that will start before 2 PM ET):

. Speaking of New Hampshire, has anyone else noticed they ALWAYS receive preferential treatment from the Selection Committee, in terms of making the field and/or hosting games?

You're delusional if you think UNH has received "Preferential Treatment" in terms of hosting games. We got home games in 2013 and 2015, because we were playing Patriot League teams that either didn't bid, or submitted a bid so low that it wouldn't win a Chevy Vega on E-Bay. In 2014 UNH was the #1 seed so bidding was not a factor. The previous 9 years (before we had lights) we hardly ever got a home playoff game. Lehigh has NO LIGHTS! Maybe you haven't noticed since you haven't had the opportunity to watch a game after Thanksgiving recently, but you can't play football after 4:30 in the Northeast the last weekend in November. I suppose we could have attempted to borrow some night vision googles from the Manchester Armory on the way down to Bethlehem.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2016, 01:17 PM

Albany's resume is better than probably the last five teams that got in, including UNH. They should've been in.

dewey
November 20th, 2016, 01:18 PM
I believe SHSU should have been seeded 2 so I can understand the current feeling SHSU fans have as respects to be short changed but you are right Catrabbit. The SHSU fan annoyance level is unheralded and so annoying especially when a majority of their argument about how good SHSU was/is prior to yesterday's game was all subjective.

Why should SHSU have been seeded #2? EWU and NDSU have very similar resumes. Both have great wins over P5 teams (EWU's win is probably better...maybe), EWU has wins over Cal Poly and their only loss is at NDSU in OT.

No way SHSU should be above NDSU, EWU or JMU IMHO.

Dewey

- - - Updated - - -

Albany's resume is better than probably the last five teams that got in, including UNH. They should've been in.

THIS RIGHT here^^^^^

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Why should SHSU have been seeded #2? EWU and NDSU have very similar resumes. Both have great wins over P5 teams (EWU's win is probably better...maybe), EWU has wins over Cal Poly and their only loss is at NDSU in OT.

Dewey

- - - Updated - - -

THIS RIGHT here^^^^^

Dewey

Agreed on SHSU.

They are exactly where they should be.

Longhorn
November 20th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Their stats reflect that:

3rd in total defense - 265/game
3rd in scoring defense - 14/game
6th in passing defense - 165/game
11th in rushing defense - 100/game

Now if there is an offense that will test those stats it will be SDSU's.

The game will be a great one to watch (saying Nova gets by St. Francis). If SH's team speed is all that, they might be able to run away with it. That said, it could be a bruiser of a contest.

dwtime
St. Francis needs to lighten up! :D

If Nova can get by St Don't Call Me Francis, it sets up one the most interesting match-ups in the playoffs, Villanova at South Dakota State..... to bad the playoffs don't give us more games like this one.....

WrenFGun
I'm sure it's been stated enough about New Hampshire's inclusion, but this is the second time in just five years that UNH has gotten in the playoffs over a team who had just beaten them by at least 11 on their home field in mid November. (Towson beat them by 29 in 2012) I think the message here is that if you're a bubble team, lose to New Hampshire. Beating them clearly isn't working for you. Also, UNH got smoked by 4-7 Delaware last season and it didn't keep them out, but that may be part of what kept Albany out this season. In the end, both teams resumes were terrible. It's just a definite trend to see UNH be given the benefit of the doubt when on that bubble, even when going against teams who have gone on the road to beat them.

I agree. in 2012, Towson should've been in the playoffs. In 2016, Albany should've been in the playoffs. In BOTH cases, UNH also should've been in the playoffs. The committee twice said UNH was not the last team in on both situations ... so be upset those bubble teams were left out, but in both cases UNH also should've been in.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Assuming Grimsley can make an open field tackle. He has not had much success with that at NDSU. If he can't make those crucial stops, it could get ugly real fast. Playing sound gap defense where every man has a guy, has led to mixed results. I want to believe, but getting that extra week off will do justice.

Agree that Grimsley has been hot/cold this year.

Honestly, I haven't seen much of Cal Poly but I know they have a very good RB, I think he was injured part of the season. Plank could have a huge day making tackles, like Olson did against Wofford a few years ago.

BigSouthFan
November 20th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Calling a JSU vs. CSU quarterfinal rematch.

taper
November 20th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Albany was in my top 25 and I would have put them in the field, but UNH would have been put in first. Looking at the entire season there is *no* reason to take Albany but leave UNH out. If head to head is all you're looking at, then NDSU as the #1 seed is wrong, because NDSU<SDSU<Cal Poly<UND<Stony Brook<half the CAA.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2016, 01:34 PM

short sighted on your part you meant to say.... Air Raid on Fargo,

UNDBIZ
November 20th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Albany was in my top 25 and I would have put them in the field, but UNH would have been put in first. Looking at the entire season there is *no* reason to take Albany but leave UNH out. If head to head is all you're looking at, then NDSU as the #1 seed is wrong, because NDSU<SDSU<Cal Poly<UND<Stony Brook<half the CAA.

So an FBS win and 2 wins against playoff teams < 0 wins against playoff teams.

Katfan
November 20th, 2016, 01:38 PM
Real important question here: Does the ncaa allow the sale of alcohol at playoff games?
I don't think so. Last year we even had to cover the Budweiser signs on our score board

UNDBIZ
November 20th, 2016, 01:40 PM

Honestly, I haven't seen much of Cal Poly but I know they have a very good RB, I think he was injured part of the season. Plank could have a huge day making tackles, like Olson did against Wofford a few years ago.

They run a triple option offense, so really it's the offense you need to prepare for more than any individual player. Discipline on the edge along with interior d lineman who can absorb multiple blockers is key. Their QB is very dangerous running the ball and is also fully capable throwing the deep ball if your defense decides to cheat up.

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2016, 01:40 PM
I don't agree with it, like I said, but UA was dinged (unfairly) for their conference record and FCS losses. I think both teams should've been in the field.

Redbird007
November 20th, 2016, 01:41 PM

I will speak on behalf of ISUr vs Albany and you are WRONG. Show the data that supports your comment that Albany's resume is better than ISUr. ISUr has them beat easily on SOS, Massey and Sagarin.

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2016, 01:42 PM
So he admitted they bought themselves a playoff spot?!?!

But they aren't hosting....

NDSUtk
November 20th, 2016, 01:45 PM
They do not allow alcohol sales at the NCAA playoffs. Exception appears to be in a defined area like suites (they do this in Frisco). But for general public sale, it is prohibited. Even at March Madness and think of the revenue they could score during that tournament.

TheKingpin28
November 20th, 2016, 01:46 PM

- Protheroe is, IMO, the best all round back in FCS. (Think Breitenstein from Wofford but stronger and taller)
- Graves can burn with his accurate passes or rushing ability (Think Gage Gubrud without massive arm strength)
- Garcia is a solid back up QB to Graves
- Peluso is Protheroe but more upright and change of pace. (Think King Frazier size with Dunn explosiveness)

They are a stout team on offense. On defense, not so much. If they can contain, NDSU should roll through this game if they can also hold the ball on offense for 6-8 minute drives and force FG attempts.

TheKingpin28
November 20th, 2016, 01:48 PM
They run a triple option offense, so really it's the offense you need to prepare for more than any individual player. Discipline on the edge along with interior d lineman who can absorb multiple blockers is key. Their QB is very dangerous running the ball and is also fully capable throwing the deep ball if your defense decides to cheat up.

A stronger version of Wofford and GSU, who NDSU played 1 and 2 times respectively. I see them as Wofford size with GSU ability. NDSU will be prepared for them.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2016, 01:49 PM

boo hoo

how many posts have you made? how many have I made? how many times have I quoted you?

5000 times? haha yea that's all I do .... keep saying stupid stuff and I'll be on you like common sense on election day this year

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2016, 01:53 PM

UNH has a lingering mystique in FCS land.......

Bison Fan in NW MN
- Protheroe is, IMO, the best all round back in FCS. (Think Breitenstein from Wofford but stronger and taller)
- Graves can burn with his accurate passes or rushing ability (Think Gage Gubrud without massive arm strength)
- Garcia is a solid back up QB to Graves
- Peluso is Protheroe but more upright and change of pace. (Think King Frazier size with Dunn explosiveness)

They are a stout team on offense. On defense, not so much. If they can contain, NDSU should roll through this game if they can also hold the ball on offense for 6-8 minute drives and force FG attempts.

Assignment sharp will be the key. The Bison's strength on defense is stopping the run, I like this match up. Where teams have gotten yards on the ground versus the Bison is when the QB has run the ball on scrambles or read/option runs.

The Bison offense should be able to move the ball on Poly. Their defense is pretty average at best. They give up 400 yards/game and 33 points/game.

Looking forward to the match up.

Sammy94

Gosh I hope your team can win a playoff game this season. I can't wait for this matchup.

DEX
Shocking that Jay Walker doesn't mention NC A&T when talking about bubble teams that got in. xrolleyesx

Glad we got a bid, but in all honesty I don't feel like it was deserved. Over the last few years A&T has shown we can win out of conference games however the rest of the conference hasn't. No fault of our own but it still left us with a weak SOS which should not be rewarded. Grateful for the inclusion and hoping our play on Saturday will justify the selection.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 01:54 PM
boo hoo

how many posts have you made? how many have I made? how many times have I quoted you?

5000 times? haha yea that's all I do .... keep saying stupid stuff and I'll be on you like common sense on election day this year

keep going troll boy.....

KPSUL
November 20th, 2016, 01:55 PM
I don't think so. Last year we even had to cover the Budweiser signs on our score board

First worthwhile post on this thread for several pages!

FargoBison
November 20th, 2016, 01:55 PM
NC A&T got a good draw...Richmond is ravaged with injuries. They looked rough in the second half of that W&M game.

kalm
November 20th, 2016, 01:56 PM

Relax. I was replying to someone who said Keeler knows how to beat JMU.

superman7515
November 20th, 2016, 02:00 PM
From Professor Chaos' SRS Thread...

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/simple-ratings-system

So what do you think of "allegedly" the only ranking system the NCAA uses as an official tool of the selection committee this year?

Autobids underlined. At large teams in bold. Ineligible teams in red.

1. North Dakota St. 2.00
2. Eastern Wash. 1.91
3. Jacksonville St. 1.36
4. Sam Houston St. 1.35
5. South Dakota St. 1.22
6. The Citadel 1.22
7. James Madison 1.09
8. North Dakota 1.05
9. Central Ark. 1.03
10. Youngstown St. 1.02
11. Coastal Caro. 0.92
12. Charleston So. 0.86
13. Lehigh 0.86
14. Chattanooga 0.81
15. Grambling 0.77
16. Villanova 0.72
17. Wofford 0.70
18. Cal Poly 0.68
19. UNI 0.63
20. Southern Utah 0.49
21. Richmond 0.48
22. Illinois St. 0.46
23. Princeton 0.46
24. Samford 0.45
25. Western Ill. 0.43
26. San Diego 0.40
27. Weber St. 0.34
28. N.C. A&T 0.29
29. Montana 0.28
30. New Hampshire 0.24
31. Kennesaw St. 0.22
32. Southeastern La. 0.19
33. Duquesne 0.18
34. Southern U. 0.18
35. Albany (NY) 0.16
36. Fordham 0.11
37. South Dakota 0.11
38. N.C. Central 0.07
39. Northern Ariz. 0.06
40. Liberty 0.05
41. Penn 0.03
42. Maine 0.02
43. UT Martin 0.01
44. Northern Colo. -0.01
45. Mercer -0.02
46. Dayton -0.07
47. McNeese -0.07
48. Saint Francis (PA) -0.13
49. Nicholls St. -0.14
50. Eastern Ill. -0.15

I made the teams who had less than 7 D1 wins red as well just to show people why I continue to use 7 D1 wins as my benchmark in the How They Fared sheets. Assuming New Hampshire, as the lowest rated at-large team in the SRS, was the last team in the playoffs, then they followed the formula exactly. Every eligbile team with 7 D1 wins was taken until they ran out of at-large bids.

The first teams left out would have been Southeastern Louisiana, Duquesne, Albany, and Fordham.

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Gosh I hope your team can win a playoff game this season. I can't wait for this matchup.

I'm not convinced they can if they don't get their QB back.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2016, 02:07 PM

When you make some of the posts you do, you deserve to be trolled for them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 02:13 PM

Well, guess what.....everyone has an opinion. You think the Jacks win was one that should have been a blowout for the Jacks. Fine. I see it differently.

You think Stig will go for it every 4th down again? Not in the playoffs IMO.

Will the Bison fumble the ball to possibly go up 24-3 in the 3rd quarter?

A lot of woulda, coulda, shoulda for both teams.

Yes, the Jacks are a good team with a dynamic offense. It should be a good game if both teams win their first games.

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Not looking ahead to any sort of SDSU match up yet. Am I the only weirdo looking forward to some good ol Great West football? :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Not looking ahead to any sort of SDSU match up yet. Am I the only weirdo looking forward to some good ol Great West football? :D

The Cal Poly game will be fun to watch. Good match up for the Bison.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Well, guess what.....everyone has an opinion. You think the Jacks win was one that should have been a blowout for the Jacks. Fine. I see it differently.

Yes, the Jacks are a good team with a dynamic offense. It should be a good game if both teams win their first games.

Thank you for making a reasonable post. Hard to tell what Stig will do, but he has displayed confidence in his offense on 4th down situations all season, not just in the NDSU game.

The Bison fumble you refer to is a matter of perspective... You say "will the Bison funble", I would say "will the Jacks cause a turnover and turn the game around".

I agree, should be a great game if we get there.

TheKingpin28
November 20th, 2016, 02:19 PM

Definitely Maybe

ValleyTalk
November 20th, 2016, 02:22 PM
IMO, Youngstown is a team that might make a run.

They have the defense to match up with anyone in their bracket. JSU will have their hands full with them if YSU beats Samford
xthumbsupx

longtimemocfan
November 20th, 2016, 02:23 PM

Chattown hasn't been heard from since The Citadel loss. Hope it stays that way.

DEX
November 20th, 2016, 02:25 PM
NC A&T got a good draw...Richmond is ravaged with injuries. They looked rough in the second half of that W&M game.

We've got a few of our own including our #1 and #2 quarterbacks. WR is now the backup qb.

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Honestly.....I watched Chatty last night. That defense has a mean streak....hard to gauge the offense, but they could be a player out of the non-seeded teams to go deep (not picking them through the Semifinals or natty though)

TheKingpin28
November 20th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Chattown hasn't been heard from since The Citadel loss. Hope it stays that way.

Not even to watch the mud slinging and implosion from either him (so he goes away until August) or all the SHSU Novembrists (who all of AGS wants to go away) after one of the teams lose? I am going to be making popcorn for that game.

citdog
November 20th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Honestly.....I watched Chatty last night. That defense has a mean streak....hard to gauge the offense, but they could be a player out of the non-seeded teams to go deep (not picking them through the Semifinals or natty though)

As long as they don't run into anyone running the option Chatt will be a tough out. Chatt doesn't like the option.

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2016, 02:31 PM
As long as they don't run into anyone running the option Chatt will be a tough out. Chatt doesn't like the option.

Their DL could give SHSU problems keeping Briscoe upright.

Redbird007
November 20th, 2016, 02:34 PM

Dewey

Grading out SHSU is tough given their p*ss pour SOS. However SHSU beating UCA was very impressive and as recent as this time yesterday UCA was being considered for a seed. This significant win combined with their margin of victory (though I realize SOS is weak) on their remaining schedule is compelling. I am also giving SHSU some subjective benefit as I watched them play twice and they do seem to have very impressive QB/receivers/team speed. I am further giving them some subjective relief on their poor SOS due to the FBS game cancelation which was outside of their control. As I stated I would personally vote for SHSU as a 2 seed but understand arguments against those that feel they should not be a top 4 seed. Had SHSU not won big yesterday I would have had them as a 5 seed if they had only beat UCA by a small margin.

KPSUL
November 20th, 2016, 02:44 PM
UNH has a lingering mystique in FCS land.......

Replace "mystique" with "reputation" and your about on target. Unlike that tiresome broken record that you quoted, I don't think UNH making the playoffs has anything to do with collusion, access or any other nefarious influence. In fact, there are other teams that have a equal, or even greater mystique than UNH. They include Montana, UNI, Richmond and W&M, all of which hung on to Top 25 rankings this season far more tenaciously than UNH. I don't even know if the UNH AD is even still on the Selection Committee. I couldn't care less whether he is or is not. He certainly had no control over the fact that UNH went into this weekend 5-10 points higher than Albany in every poll; that Albany was 4-4 in the conference while UNH was 6-2, and that UNH played and beat a ranked team this Saturday, while Albany beat a team that was completely out of the playoff discussion. I can't fathom how any clear thinking , reasonable person could conclude that it was 100% clear that Albany should be in and UNH out, and that it could only happen due to "collusion". Like others have stated, this is not purely an Albany vs UNH issue. UNH was not one of the last 4 selected and for good reason. We won our way into the playoffs on the last day against a tough opponent on the road while other selected teams lost crucial final regular season games. UNH was also tied for second in one of the four conferences that placed 4 teams in the playoffs.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2016, 02:45 PM

well they just won a NCAA National championship this afternoon... in Field Hockey

Hopefully we can get ourselves a football coach and go into Fargo in a few years to give you a game

TheKingpin28
November 20th, 2016, 02:47 PM
well they just won a NCAA National championship this afternoon... in Field Hockey

Hopefully we can get ourselves a football coach and go into Fargo in a few years to give you a game

I look forward to this game.

Daytripper
November 20th, 2016, 02:49 PM

Your opinion is that anybody who disagrees with you is trolling you.

Thumper 76
November 20th, 2016, 02:59 PM

1) The fumble happened around midfield, don't paint it like it was inside the 20 and the bison were guaranteed a TD or something.

2) There's plenty of woulda and coulda. There's a certain reviewed play that comes to mind. The bottom line is SDSU didn't have to punt the entire game, and only went on it once on fourth down where they should have punted. The Bison D is even less healthy and the corners haven't gotten better, so why do you think magically they shut down the SDSU offense?

Either way, it's going to be a fun week leading up to the game provided both teams take care of business. Lots of football to go before then.

katstrapper
November 20th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Grading out SHSU is tough given their p*ss pour SOS. However SHSU beating UCA was very impressive and as recent as this time yesterday UCA was being considered for a seed. This significant win combined with their margin of victory (though I realize SOS is weak) on their remaining schedule is compelling. I am also giving SHSU some subjective benefit as I watched them play twice and they do seem to have very impressive QB/receivers/team speed. I am further giving them some subjective relief on their poor SOS due to the FBS game cancelation which was outside of their control. As I stated I would personally vote for SHSU as a 2 seed but understand arguments against those that feel they should not be a top 4 seed. Had SHSU not won big yesterday I would have had them as a 5 seed if they had only beat UCA by a small margin.

I didn't agree with the lower seeding AT ALL and think its garbage. Apparently the committee already had their minds made up.

*The SOS argument is crap. If they want to argue SOS was a big determining factor then Jax St shouldn't be ahead of SHSU.

* How does NDSU get the #1 seed when they didn't win the MVFC nor were they the automatic qualifier?

* How do you rank SHSU at a 5 seed when they have been in top 2 all season in the polls and ended the season at 11-0. Not to mention they put 500+ yds and 52 points on the #11 ranked defense in FCS?

Kats should have been no lower than a #3 seed if anything.

Sammy94
November 20th, 2016, 03:04 PM

UCA thought the same.

FargoBison
November 20th, 2016, 03:20 PM
* How does NDSU get the #1 seed when they didn't win the MVFC nor were they the automatic qualifier?

NDSU 24
#14 CSU 17

NDSU 50
#2 EWU 44

NDSU 23
Iowa 21

That is how it happens...but I know SHSU fans like to live in a world where non-conference games no longer exist.

I do completely agree about SHSU being #3 but NDSU's non-conference schedule is what gave them the #1 seed.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2016, 03:21 PM
I didn't agree with the lower seeding AT ALL and think its garbage. Apparently the committee already had their minds made up.

*The SOS argument is crap. If they want to argue SOS was a big determining factor then Jax St shouldn't be ahead of SHSU.

* How do you rank SHSU at a 5 seed when they have been in top 2 all season in the polls and ended the season at 11-0 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/x-apple-data-detectors://1). Not to mention they put 500+ yds and 52 points on the #11 ranked defense in FCS?

Holy balls... Is there something in the water down there?

JSUSoutherner
November 20th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Calling a JSU vs. CSU quarterfinal rematch.
Get past El Cid again and we're all yours.

POD Knows
November 20th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Wofford and Georgia southern did pretty well in the dome

Yea, Wofford scored 7 points, our offense sucked balls that day. GSU played us close but only got 20 points, those NDSU teams played pass defense, this current team does not.

POD Knows
November 20th, 2016, 03:28 PM
You should talk to your boy, Bison Fan in NW MN... he evidently watch the same game as us.

Regardless, it will be an absolute battle, but it seems like the committee is trying to make the path to 6-straight as hard as they possibly can on you guys.

We had a tough run last year as well, the bracket was loaded but that NDSU team was fairly healthy and a lot saltier on D.

Professor Chaos
November 20th, 2016, 03:32 PM

* How do you rank SHSU at a 5 seed when they have been in top 2 all season in the polls and ended the season at 11-0. Not to mention they put 500+ yds and 52 points on the #11 ranked defense in FCS?

The committee chair said on the selection show that it was Sam's SOS and specifically OOC SOS that really hurt them compared to teams above them. JSU's schedule wasn't a killer but it was considerably better than Sam's, especially OOC.

POD Knows
November 20th, 2016, 03:37 PM
Oh no, maybe we should forfeit this game then....xrolleyesx

I'm just not a Debbie downer like some Bison fans on here.

Well, I am often wrong but we are shredded on D and inconsistent on offense but we somehow seem to turn a switch in the playoffs. We will see.

malibudude
November 20th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Meh, their defense is suspect. Give up 400 yards/game and 33 points/game. One dimensional team.

Poly does have a suspect defense, but they match up well as can be expected against NDSU. Pretty sure Poly did not want to go to Fargo (if they win) and pretty sure the Bison
didn't want to see their old triple option conference rival for their opening playoff game either.

TennBison
November 20th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Alls i know is, regardless of what some of you candy asses say, some of you are breathing a little easier now knowing you will get shsu at home. But it ain't gunna matter. lololol

"There is no MK, only Zuul!"
That is right, because whoever beats them can do it anywhere.

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Yea, Wofford scored 7 points, our offense sucked balls that day. GSU played us close but only got 20 points, those teams played pass defense, this current team does not.

Those 7 points for Wofford were on a pick 6 too.

POD Knows
November 20th, 2016, 04:02 PM

Yea, why is everybody bitching about the UNH pick, they beat three top 25 teams, who did Albany beat. I understand the head to head but there wasn't a single poll I saw that had Albany ahead of NH.

POD Knows
November 20th, 2016, 04:06 PM
xlolx

I would agree with this although there is a big difference between Heagle and Grimsley. I heard PGT's has a MCL injury and he was out for a while.

longtimemocfan
November 20th, 2016, 04:20 PM

It's really depends on which offense shows up. Earlier in the year we were spot on. When Craine got hurt it kinda got derailed ha ha . Maybe it will get on track for a run.

POD Knows
November 20th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Those 7 points for Wofford were on a pick 6 too.

Yep, I will stand by my statement on teams that run the ball and the lack of success they have vs. the Bison.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 20th, 2016, 04:24 PM

+1.

wasnt this Lakes Bison's job years ago?

BisonFan02
November 20th, 2016, 04:28 PM
+1.

wasnt this Lakes Bison's job years ago?

No.....his job was to "Pump it up!", make wild claims about partying with college coeds, and threaten AGS posters through PMs. xlolx

NDSUtk
November 20th, 2016, 04:32 PM
1) The fumble happened around midfield, don't paint it like it was inside the 20 and the bison were guaranteed a TD or something.

2) There's plenty of woulda and coulda. There's a certain reviewed play that comes to mind. The bottom line is SDSU didn't have to punt the entire game, and only went on it once on fourth down where they should have punted. The Bison D is even less healthy and the corners haven't gotten better, so why do you think magically they shut down the SDSU offense?

Either way, it's going to be a fun week leading up to the game provided both teams take care of business. Lots of football to go before then.

Well, I hate to look ahead as Cal Poly or San Diego need to come visit us first. But the one thing I sure hope we learned from playing SDSU the first time is that if we want to tackle Geodert, we can't just grab him at the shoulder pads or waist and think he's magically going to collapse. Actually need to go below the waist and then freaking wrap up. Grimsley loves to think he can just throw his shoulder and knock people over. That **** needs to change for the playoffs. /endrant

The Kicker
November 20th, 2016, 04:38 PM
I like how everything panned out. A few non seeded teams could make a good run. Top half is loaded really want to see JMU and SHSU!

NDSUtk
November 20th, 2016, 04:39 PM

I won't even bother addressing the strength of schedule argument being "crap" as I disagree on that being a crap argument.

I'll just address the NDSU MVFC - they did win the MVFC. Yes, it was a share of the title, but that's no different than UND and EWU in the Big Sky, etc. Conference championships are split occasionally. It happens - matter of fact, it's now happened 4 of the last 6 years in the MVFC for NDSU. So that's nothing new. And for the autobid, yup, SDSU got it due to head to head. But the fact remains, our performance out of conference made us the higher seed. It really isn't that hard to figure out.

DirtyDukes
November 20th, 2016, 04:42 PM

HE'S RIGHT YOU KNOW

Our true freshman QB went 12-13 for 274 with 2 TDs. We'll be fine.

RootinFerDukes
November 20th, 2016, 04:46 PM

If we do, I say your donning a JMU helmet for the following week.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Well, I am often wrong but we are shredded on D and inconsistent on offense but we somehow seem to turn a switch in the playoffs. We will see.

The week off should really help the banged up players.

KPSUL
November 20th, 2016, 05:01 PM
Yea, Wofford scored 7 points, our offense sucked balls that day. GSU played us close but only got 20 points, those NDSU teams played pass defense, this current team does not.

You didn't need a passing defense vs the 2012 Wofford Terriers. Option left, Option right, Brietenstein off tackle, Breintenstein up the middle, etc, etc ,etc.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 05:01 PM

The Bison could have possibly scored to go up 24-3, like I said in my post....possibly.

Did I say shut down the offense in my post?

Our coaches have proven over the last 6 years that they can make adjustments the second go around. We'll see if they can do it again if both teams win their first game.

70MilesFromCanada
November 20th, 2016, 05:08 PM
Could it be? UND vs Richmond lifters will meet in Grand Forks?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23937&stc=1
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23938&stc=1

longtimemocfan
November 20th, 2016, 05:35 PM
What he said. Wofford is a GREAT team

No, what I SAID was Wofford uses gadget plays that work.

malibudude
November 20th, 2016, 05:39 PM
xlolx

Cal Polys QB can pass...

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2016, 05:42 PM
A stronger version of Wofford and GSU, who NDSU played 1 and 2 times respectively. I see them as Wofford size with GSU ability. NDSU will be prepared for them.

I was touting Cal Poly earlier this year, they have really tailed off, there no where near as good as Gaso and Wofford were those years you beat them two, you will smoke Cal Poly..... sand bagger

CappinHard
November 20th, 2016, 05:43 PM
I would like to send a shout out to Richmond. Without their loss, SDSU could have once again been left on the outside looking in for seeds. Before this morning I thought that loss didn't matter because I thought they would put SDSU ahead of UND, looks to be huge now.

caribbeanhen
November 20th, 2016, 05:50 PM

I don't think playing in the run oriented Southern Conf did Chatty any favors for this match with the SAM FORCE, Chatty will not be able to keep up

POD Knows
November 20th, 2016, 05:50 PM
You didn't need a passing defense vs the 2012 Wofford Terriers. Option left, Option right, Brietenstein off tackle, Breintenstein up the middle, etc, etc ,etc.

My comment was with respect to running teams not having success against the Bison and somebody threw out Wofford and they only scored a defensive TD. I have stated, till I am blue in the face, that the only way you beat the Bison is through the air.

TheKingpin28
November 20th, 2016, 06:03 PM
I was touting Cal Poly earlier this year, they have really tailed off, there no where near as good as Gaso and Wofford were those years you beat them two, you will smoke Cal Poly..... sand bagger

McNeese who? :D

I am just calling what I see.

BisonTru
November 20th, 2016, 06:03 PM

Why? JSU had a stronger SOS.

NDSU was co-conference champs and the auto has no bearing on seeding.

Like has been mentioned a few hundred times here, the Stats poll and the coaches poll not only mean nothing. They are usually a very poor indicator of what the committee will come out with.

TheRevSFA
November 20th, 2016, 06:37 PM

Good God Sam fans! Give it a ****ing rest already. Your weak OOC SOS was a determining factor, and you technically played a weaker in conference schedule than UCA did. You SHOULD have decimated your opponents.

Every other seeded school had a tougher SOS than Sam. Without looking, I imagine Sam has one of the weakest out of all of the playoff teams. You basically scheduled yourselves out of a top seed.

CockyGeek
November 20th, 2016, 06:45 PM
McNeese didn't get the top seed last year either. This committee doesn't seem to care about wins and losses. Same reason Western Michigan is never going to make the Final Four in FBS.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Bison56
November 20th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Looks like some of the Sammy fans could use these23939

WrenFGun
November 20th, 2016, 06:55 PM
Where's that guy who guaranteed SHSU would get a top 2 seed? Was it Texas Terror? Laughable then, laughable now.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 20th, 2016, 06:57 PM
Is Richmond's #2 QB pretty good?

Lauletta is out.

TheRevSFA
November 20th, 2016, 07:04 PM
I thought Sam would get 3. I also could have argued them at 6.

spdram
November 20th, 2016, 07:05 PM
2nd was out Saturday, he played against NDSU a series last year. Uncertain as to when he can return. We played 3 (injured) and 4 (a walk-on FR in second half) against Tribe. Hopefully a week of practice will have one more ready to play.

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2016, 07:25 PM
HE'S RIGHT YOU KNOW

Our true freshman QB went 12-13 for 274 with 2 TDs. We'll be fine.

Against Elon. How did things go against Villanova?

- - - Updated - - -

If we do, I say your donning a JMU helmet for the following week.

You're, and you can say whatever you want.

DirtyDukes
November 20th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Against Elon. How did things go against Villanova?

- - - Updated - - -

You're, and you can say whatever you want.

He lead the team to 13 points against the #3 defense in the country on their senior day and Andy Talley's last regular season home game?

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2016, 07:43 PM
He lead the team to 13 points against the #3 defense in the country on their senior day and Andy Talley's last regular season home game?

xlolx

Revisionist at best.

3 points: 9 yard drive- 3 runs and an incomplete pass, FG
3 points: 69 yard drive- 10 runs, 1 by the QB, 1 complete pass, FG
7 points: 7 yard drive- 4 runs, 1 by QB, and an incomplete pass

10 points were gifted by your defense. The others he handed the ball off to Abdullah. If Schor isn't back there is a good chance you guys get Colgated again. xlolx

DirtyDukes
November 20th, 2016, 07:49 PM
xlolx

Revisionist at best.

3 points: 9 yard drive- 3 runs and an incomplete pass, FG
3 points: 69 yard drive- 10 runs, 1 by the QB, 1 complete pass, FG
7 points: 7 yard drive- 4 runs, 1 by QB, and an incomplete pass

10 points were gifted by your defense. The others he handed the ball off to Abdullah. If Schor isn't back there is a good chance you guys get Colgated again. xlolx

It was his first start. He still got the win. He played great against Elon and his throws looked amazing. Guess we'll see but I'm not worried about it.

RootinFerDukes
November 20th, 2016, 07:53 PM
Hey at least UNI played a bunch of hard teams. That was good for a 5-6 record and not having to worry about when your team will lose to NDSU this year.

dudeitsaid
November 20th, 2016, 07:54 PM
No team that relies on the run game will beat NDSU, but you can throw the ball all day long against us.

Dano Graves can pass, and can pass well if necessary. They will not be as one dimensional as they used to be. Still think the Bison win that one though.

Portland State might win 5 games in D2 FYI. lol. 7 point win!

"There is no MK, only Zuul!"

EWU didn't get the 1 seed, and PSU is better than their record. BTW, the 1 seed also only had a 7 point win against a team with a losing record this last weekend. Should they have been dropped? I get the frustration about being seeded 5th, and I think you have at least a reasonable argument. But, why single out EWU? Certainly there is more to consider in their season than one game. Is it just that it's freshest in your mind?

#5 for SHSU. Big favor for SHSU by the committee. I would not want to play them their first game. SHSU is going to come in angry with a chip on their shoulder after being dissed like that. Whoever gets them look out that game.

I agree with this. I think SHSU clearly showed they are a force to be reckoned with on Saturday. Now, the committee added some extra fuel to their fire. They will come out motivated, and I think they will be in the semis.

milleniumkat
November 20th, 2016, 07:58 PM
Dano Graves can pass, and can pass well if necessary. They will not be as one dimensional as they used to be. Still think the Bison win that one though.

EWU didn't get the 1 seed, and PSU is better than their record. BTW, the 1 seed also only had a 7 point win against a team with a losing record this last weekend. Should they have been dropped? I get the frustration about being seeded 5th, and I think you have at least a reasonable argument. But, why single out EWU? Certainly there is more to consider in their season than one game. Is it just that it's freshest in your mind?

I agree with this. I think SHSU clearly showed they are a force to be reckoned with on Saturday. Now, the committee added some extra fuel to their fire. They will come out motivated, and I think they will be in the semis.

man I'm just an A-hole sometimes. it's not personal. I appreciate the recognition. my comment was more geared toward PSU's viability. I'm just not the guy to start telling me "Team X is better than their record" after all the heated posts back and forth about SHSU schedule. just saying.

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Hey at least UNI played a bunch of hard teams. That was good for a 5-6 record and not having to worry about when your team will lose to NDSU this year.

Can't win an argument, goes for the straw man. xrolleyesx

dudeitsaid
November 20th, 2016, 08:17 PM
man I'm just an A-hole sometimes. it's not personal. I appreciate the recognition. my comment was more geared toward PSU's viability. I'm just not the guy to start telling me "Team X is better than their record" after all the heated posts back and forth about SHSU schedule. just saying.

It's cool, I prefer having a level of dissension anyways. If everyone just stroked each other's egos, it be pretty boring. Keep being you, personally I prefer "a little spice in the chili" as someone else put it.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

MacThor
November 20th, 2016, 08:19 PM
And Jay Walker on the broadcast. Comes out once a year.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

They need to tap his extensive playoff experience - Howard Bison, 0-1.

Redbird007
November 20th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Can't win an argument, goes for the straw man. xrolleyesx

PR82: Man I hope that is the last helmet change but who knows. I might have to go AGS awol for awhile if they go all the way.

ngineer
November 20th, 2016, 08:32 PM
There's definitely been a move to uniform time slots. That's clear. Either way Lehigh really should pony up and ensure home games when you have a legitimately good team. Lights have talked about for a while. There's simply no reason not to have them in 2016. Lehigh has more than enough $$$.

Yes, Lehigh has enough $$$ to install lights, but it will not use endowment funds for such a purpose. If you find a sugar daddy or two to fund lights, it will be done.

Thumper 76
November 20th, 2016, 08:44 PM
Yes, Lehigh has enough $$$ to install lights, but it will not use endowment funds for such a purpose. If you find a sugar daddy or two to fund lights, it will be done.

I wouldn't complain about not getting home games then. Hell, old CAS in Brookings had lights even.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 20th, 2016, 08:45 PM

What donor paid for the new video boards at Stabler?

Longhorn
November 20th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Holy balls... Is there something in the water down there?

Prison town with little to do but gritch about the wrongs done them? Or maybe an oil or chemical refinery is leeching something toxic into the water or air, like lead. ;)

Daytripper
November 20th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Prison town with little to do but gritch about the wrongs done them? Or maybe an oil or chemical refinery is leeching something toxic into the water or air, like lead. ;)

Longhorn wannabe. Live in reality. Seems your loyalties aren't working out very well. Loser. The games are played on the field, and we are undefeated. I am through with arguing about seeding, and it doesn't matter who or where we play. I have full confidence that SHSU will pile-drive everybody to Fargo. That is where the test is. Win and move on.

KPSUL
November 20th, 2016, 09:10 PM
My comment was with respect to running teams not having success against the Bison and somebody threw out Wofford and they only scored a defensive TD. I have stated, till I am blue in the face, that the only way you beat the Bison is through the air.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just remembering the 2012 Terriers. I watched UNH's less successful encounter with Wofford the week before they played in Fargo. Although, I'd have to think an option type running game might offer some advantages playing in the Fargo dome.

NDB
November 20th, 2016, 09:14 PM
The games are played on the field, and we are undefeated.

I am through with arguing about seeding, and it doesn't matter who or where we play.

But it does matter. SHSU played Oklahoma Pan Handle State and Texas Southern OOC.

Deal with it.

Sammy94
November 20th, 2016, 09:17 PM
But it does matter. SHSU played Oklahoma Pan Handle State and Texas Southern OOC.

Deal with it.

I think he meant it doesn't matter now in the playoffs.

verk62
November 20th, 2016, 09:18 PM
I will speak on behalf of ISUr vs Albany and you are WRONG. Show the data that supports your comment that Albany's resume is better than ISUr. ISUr has them beat easily on SOS, Massey and Sagarin.

I would like to start with the win/loss column on the stat sheet. I only watched about 10 Illinois State plays all season and haven't even watched Albany but wins and losses in most cases are the best indicator. Especially when you are looking at teams with 2 or more losses.

PantherRob82
November 20th, 2016, 09:20 PM
PR82: Man I hope that is the last helmet change but who knows. I might have to go AGS awol for awhile if they go all the way.

Shoot, I might have to change it before they even play another game. xlolx

Longhorn
November 20th, 2016, 09:21 PM
Longhorn wannabe. Live in reality. Seems your loyalties aren't working out very well. Loser. The games are played on the field, and we are undefeated. I am through with arguing about seeding, and it doesn't matter who or where we play. I have full confidence that SHSU will pile-drive everybody to Fargo. That is where the test is. Win and move on.

Uh oh! Watch out everyone! Big, bad SH is gonna pile drive us. xlolx Seriously, I'd get tested for lead asap.

Daytripper
November 20th, 2016, 09:28 PM
Uh oh! Watch out everyone! Big, bad SH is gonna pile drive us. xlolx Seriously, I'd get tested for lead asap.

Looking at the bracket, I don't see us playing the longhorns......

Longhorn
November 20th, 2016, 09:31 PM
Looking at the bracket, I don't see us playing the longhorns......

Very observant. My ID is where I earned my degrees. JMU is where I make a living. SH might beat the 'Horns this year the way things are shaking out in Austin.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2016, 09:34 PM
I would like to start with the win/loss column on the stat sheet. I only watched about 10 Illinois State plays all season and haven't even watched Albany but wins and losses in most cases are the best indicator. Especially when you are looking at teams with 2 or more losses.

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/15/15abdb2bae3ef9602995a1e3619f93350cdebfce133b501a4d 714b97746e11a4.jpg

Daytripper
November 20th, 2016, 09:39 PM
Very observant. My ID is where I earned my degrees. JMU is where I make a living. SH might beat the 'Horns this year the way things are shaking out in Austin.

Ah, transplant. The JMU Koolaid is good, but is is Koolaid nonetheless. In past years I would hedge on the Bearkats. This year is different. Enjoy watching the natty with your fellow JMU peeps on televison. Frisco.

Longhorn
November 20th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Ah, transplant. The JMU Koolaid is good, but is is Koolaid nonetheless. In past years I would hedge on the Bearkats. This year is different. Enjoy watching the natty with your fellow JMU peeps on televison. Frisco.

Oh, I intend to be watching in person. Too bad your team won't be there.

Daytripper
November 20th, 2016, 09:45 PM
Oh, I intend to be watching in person. Too bad your team won't be there.

You may not make it past the second round. If I was a betting man, I would put my money on the UNH/Lehigh winner taking you out at home....because, well, you are overrated.

Longhorn
November 20th, 2016, 09:49 PM
You may not make it past the second round. If I was a betting man, I would put my money on the UNH/Lehigh winner taking you out at home....because, well, you are overrated.

Ah, you are a dreamer and a daytripper aren't you? xlolx

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2016, 10:36 PM
I wouldn't complain about not getting home games then. Hell, old CAS in Brookings had lights even.

Damn man, even we have lights and we have like, less than zero money.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 20th, 2016, 10:39 PM
Everyone is discussing the Villanova-SDSU game, but St. Francis has a good chance of spoiling the party. Heck, maybe we will beat NDSU. A playoff virgin can dream.

It is unfortunate that our first ever playoff game is against a retiring coach.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 20th, 2016, 10:45 PM
Damn man, even we have lights and we have like, less than zero money.

It goes back to the tradition of playing Saturday afternoon games. The Patriot League, and the Ivy League, have for the most part maintained that tradition. It still doesn't excuse not having lights in 2016 or at least being able to bring in portable ones like Yale did for a game. Goodman Stadium is a great venue and Lehigh's facilities are all very good but the lack of lights is something that is seriously holding them back. Lehigh has all the tools to be among the best in FCS if they take the steps. And that doesn't require compromising their AI or redshirting. Committing to hosting playoff games is something rather easy to accomplish imo. The entire PL needs to step-up in this department. Colgate never should have lost a home game to Wagner....

The biggest issue apparently is the fact the stadium sits all by itself and the entire area needs lighting. Not just the stadium. Still, that can overcome with portable lights...

http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/youvisit/media/93007/tour/1443151318546/1024_front.jpg

ST_Lawson
November 20th, 2016, 10:55 PM
The biggest issue apparently is the fact the stadium sits all by itself and the entire area needs lighting. Not just the stadium. Still, that can overcome with portable lights...

I do get the "tradition" aspect, but yea, it would open up quite a few more opportunities for scheduling and things.
I'd imagine that bringing in enough portable lights for one or two events a year wouldn't break the bank for you guys. You've gotta have an athletics budget that's significantly higher than ours.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2016, 11:05 PM
The Committee Comish pretty much just said that NCA&T got in due to the bid amount.

If this is true, then how can anyone sit back and say the process isn't corrupt? Fordham might have been rated higher, had higher Massey/SAG ratings than NCAT, but a generous bid could basically have them out and NCAT in? That's garbage.

Gamecocks99
November 20th, 2016, 11:09 PM
JSU shouldnt even be 4 in this group. 2-3 should be their slot.

2015 - JSU 62 SHSU 10
THAT ANSWERS IT ALL!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 20th, 2016, 11:16 PM
People are complaining about lights for Murray Goodman as to why Lehigh's on the road, but to me it seems fairly ridiculous that the 1PM/2PM game restriction is in place for "TV". Why couldn't they simply have the game at noon, like they did countless times before UNH's stadium was renovated?

As I've said countless times over countless playoffs, the games should have fixed kickoff time slots, starting at noon EST, and extending through the evening.

Game 1 Noon ET
Game 2 1:30 ET
Game 3 3:00 ET
Game 4 4:30 ET
Game 5 6:00 ET
Game 6 7:30 ET
Game 7 9:00 ET

And 1 "wildcard" game to double up on one of the slots. If ESPN did this, they would have FCS fans watching football from noon to midnight with one game nearing a possible thrilling conclusion pretty much every couple of hours. Instead, they're forcing other matchups, sometimes having three games at once (note to ESPN: impossible to stream or pay attention to all of them at once), and having dead zones where there's no game.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2016, 11:30 PM
Everyone is discussing the Villanova-SDSU game, but St. Francis has a good chance of spoiling the party. Heck, maybe we will beat NDSU. A playoff virgin can dream.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/nIFLXySdW4paF66W0Uzqu5dCmwcehws4W9vbwdTJ2IqSi76zlL MbuCip9nZq=w414-h216

Hammersmith
November 20th, 2016, 11:52 PM
If this is true, then how can anyone sit back and say the process isn't corrupt? Fordham might have been rated higher, had higher Massey/SAG ratings than NCAT, but a generous bid could basically have them out and NCAT in? That's garbage.

Pretty sure he misspoke. I believe he was using the term bid to describe NCAT's resume, not their financial bid. Just a poor choice of words.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 21st, 2016, 04:12 AM
http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/nIFLXySdW4paF66W0Uzqu5dCmwcehws4W9vbwdTJ2IqSi76zlL MbuCip9nZq=w414-h216

Serious about beating Villanova, the rest is obviously a pipe dream, hence the joke.

Schism55
November 21st, 2016, 04:44 AM
Serious about beating Villanova, the rest is obviously a pipe dream, hence the joke.
If you are gonna dream, dream big xthumbsupx

Gangtackle11
November 21st, 2016, 05:07 AM

I watched your games vs. Wagner & SHSU. You have a nice team, but Nova will have to be off their game for an upset to happen.

Villanova has lost 3 games to Pitt, Richmond, & JMU where they have given up 28, 23, & 20 points. The Pitt & JMU games the defense was strapped with defending short fields due to breakdowns on special teams @ Pitt and turnovers giving JMU 2 scoring "drives" inside 20 yards in the 4th quarter. Richmond game was an abomination as our starting QB went out early with injury & our offense stalled the whole game.

Beating Villanova will come down to if the offense gives the Red Flashes short fields to work or your special teams dominate the game. Your team will be in for a long day if Villanova's offense plays solid football as it is going to be very difficult for St.Francis to drive the length of the field enough times to get more than 10-14 points at best.

I would say the odds favor a methodical blood letting win for Villanova somewhere around 2+ TDs being the margin of victory.

We'll see you Saturday.

ps: this team is very aware that the next loss is Coach Talley's last game. They definitely stepped it up a notch against the rival Delaware team leaving no doubt about their playoff spot.

REALBird
November 21st, 2016, 05:54 AM

Once again follow the thread and see how W/L impacted seeding. Doesn't matter one team went undefeated, it came down to the quality of those wins, SOS, competitiveness. See WIU last year. Illinois State was rewarded more for getting a FBS pelt, winning 3 of last 4. Beating ranked SDSU, WIU. Yeah Albany beat up on the likes of Maine and whomever, but all in all the committee recognized they didn't play anyone of substance, so they're at home.

milleniumkat
November 21st, 2016, 06:46 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161121/0437ddb4a5900e64a45591e420747bce.png

this image here is where all of the SOS, Good win theories go to die. the committee uses undisclosed bias as a means to an end.

jSU OOC is a D2, a loss to LSU and wins, (including a 1 point win to Coastal) against two non-playoff teams.

SHSU's beat win is better than every win that JSU has.

this was a joke and we look forward to proving it.

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2016, 06:49 AM

this image here is where all of the SOS, Good win theories go to die. the committee uses undisclosed bias as a means to an end.

jSU OOC is a D2, a loss to LSU and wins, (including a 1 point win to Coastal) against two non-playoff teams.

UNA could go 10-1 against your schedule.

and you won't get to prove it because the Bison will knock you out before you even get a shot at us.

However, I think it's funny you're still bitching about our seed like it will change something.

milleniumkat
November 21st, 2016, 06:51 AM
UNA could go 10-1 against your schedule.

Lol. what a loser They would do the same in the OVC lol

you are an idiot and a disgrace to the internet. go back to the cafe for another game of 42

milleniumkat
November 21st, 2016, 06:54 AM
Everyone, including myself knows that the NCAA is the most corrupt business organization in all of sports.

their actions are not really a surprise to many.

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2016, 06:54 AM
Lol. what a loser They would do the same in the OVC lol

you are an idiot and a disgrace to the internet. go back to the cafe for another game of 42

This is hilarious. I really hope Chattown comes back after they stomp Weber. Watching you two try to argue about something would be pay-per-view level entertainment.

You two will get along great.

milleniumkat
November 21st, 2016, 06:56 AM
This is hilarious. I really hope Chattown comes back after they stomp Weber. Watching you two try to argue about something would be pay-per-view level entertainment.

it's a fact you can't ignore sir, you beat ZERO playoff teams this year.

Everything you say is just idiotic homerism.

if you can acknowledge that you don't serve to post on here

milleniumkat
November 21st, 2016, 06:57 AM

Simple question, answer it.

Where is your win over a ranked team?

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2016, 07:02 AM
Simple question, answer it.

Where is your win over a ranked team?

Coastal.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2016, 07:18 AM
People are complaining about lights for Murray Goodman as to why Lehigh's on the road, but to me it seems fairly ridiculous that the 1PM/2PM game restriction is in place for "TV". Why couldn't they simply have the game at noon, like they did countless times before UNH's stadium was renovated?

As I've said countless times over countless playoffs, the games should have fixed kickoff time slots, starting at noon EST, and extending through the evening.

Game 1 Noon ET
Game 2 1:30 ET
Game 3 3:00 ET
Game 4 4:30 ET
Game 5 6:00 ET
Game 6 7:30 ET
Game 7 9:00 ET

And 1 "wildcard" game to double up on one of the slots. If ESPN did this, they would have FCS fans watching football from noon to midnight with one game nearing a possible thrilling conclusion pretty much every couple of hours. Instead, they're forcing other matchups, sometimes having three games at once (note to ESPN: impossible to stream or pay attention to all of them at once), and having dead zones where there's no game.

I agree. I hate stacking all of the games.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2016, 07:20 AM

Coastal is better than any win you have. UNA might be as well, maybe not as good as UCA.

TheRevSFA
November 21st, 2016, 07:23 AM

Sam's SOS is 220. JSU is 181. Why? Replace TSU and OPSU with Coastal and Liberty.

Playing (and beating) UCA doesn't magically make up for OPSU and TSU...

milleniumkat
November 21st, 2016, 07:23 AM
Coastal is better than any win you have. UNA might be as well, maybe not as good as UCA.

Lol. ...walks away from the jealous drooling retard....

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2016, 07:26 AM
Is it really NCAA mandated that all playoff games kick off at 1pm or later? Because I know it's not TV dictating this since ESPN doesn't broadcast any of the first or second round games except for streaming on ESPN3 and they don't care when games kick off then. In the past it's always been the host institution that set start times for any game not on the networks. Has that changed this year? It could just be that most of the host institutions like the early-mid afternoon kickoffs.

milleniumkat
November 21st, 2016, 07:27 AM
bTw, I've consulted with my counsel and we've decided that for SOS purposes, we at the offices of www.mksavedAGS.com have decided only to response to posters who's teams are in the playoffs and have a dog in the fight.

TheRevSFA
November 21st, 2016, 07:42 AM
bTw, I've consulted with my counsel and we've decided that for SOS purposes, we at the offices of www.mksavedAGS.com (http://www.mksavedAGS.com) have decided only to response to posters who's teams are in the playoffs and have a dog in the fight.

"whose"

If you want to try to insult folks, at least use correct grammar. I know you went to Sam and all, but come on, man.

Dukie95
November 21st, 2016, 07:48 AM
KC Keeler haunted by the ghosts of West Chester past.

Sammy94
November 21st, 2016, 07:50 AM
2015 - JSU 62 SHSU 10
THAT ANSWERS IT ALL!

So a score last year should make the cocks move up a few slots this year?

TheEagleSHSU
November 21st, 2016, 07:55 AM
"whose"

If you want to try to insult folks, at least use correct grammar. I know you went to Sam and all, but come on, man.

Rev, I had the hot tub primed for you on Saturday! Where were you? I hope you didn't get offended by my comments last week and crawl to your safe space. Oh oh oh...I am wearing a pin, you can discuss with me, I am safe space.

TheRevSFA
November 21st, 2016, 07:57 AM
Rev, I had the hot tub primed for you on Saturday! Where were you? I hope you didn't get offended by my comments last week and crawl to your safe space. Oh oh oh...I am wearing a pin, you can discuss with me, I am safe space.

I didn't even get to enjoy my hot tub time by the ocean. Spent the day with my daughter.

But you should direct your safety pin to MK. I think he needs to crawl into the safe space that is "Sam deserved a top 2 seed"

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2016, 08:09 AM

Coming from the fanbase that has been trying to use the past five years as justification, this is rich.

ChattaHatta
November 21st, 2016, 08:16 AM
I tried to get caught up to speed on this thread and may have missed the conversation about it, but this year's committee didn't seem to take geography into account as much as last year. I feel like that helped, more or less anyway, to allow the right teams into the bracket than say, the closest teams in a region.

CappinHard
November 21st, 2016, 08:21 AM

You were trying to use the argument that Sam's performance last year combined with their preseason ranking should have mattered. Yet you don't like it when others try to use that logic?

CockyGeek
November 21st, 2016, 08:25 AM
Everyone, including myself knows that the NCAA is the most corrupt business organization in all of sports.

their actions are not really a surprise to many.

You beat two teams with a winning record. Blame the NCAA all you want, but your schedule is garbage. Not saying the OVC is better by any means.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

milleniumkat
November 21st, 2016, 08:29 AM
"whose"

I don't argue With my phone. this isn't a grammar school, it's the internet. paying attention to crap like that is why..

Never mind. It ain't worth it. 11-0!

www.MKsavedAGS.com

RootinFerDukes
November 21st, 2016, 08:31 AM
To the Lehigh fans who are upset that you never host a game, isn't it because you're not winning playoff bids against the teams you're matched up against? Maybe consider bidding more?

TheRevSFA
November 21st, 2016, 08:36 AM
I don't argue With my phone. this isn't a grammar school, it's the internet. paying attention to crap like that is why..

Never mind. It ain't worth it. 11-0!

www.MKsavedAGS.com (http://www.MKsavedAGS.com)

You don't argue with your phone but you argue with facts

That's why I enjoy drinking with you MK.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 21st, 2016, 08:40 AM
To the Lehigh fans who are upset that you never host a game, isn't it because you're not winning playoff bids against the teams you're matched up against? Maybe consider bidding more?

This was really the only time (of the last 3 play apperarances) I think Lehigh fans thought they were going to host. Lehigh apparently sumbitted a quality bid. I really think it has more to due with lights than the bid. Either way, Lehigh needs (and the rest of the PL) to step up their game and commit to hosting. Not point in participating in the playoffs if you're always going to ship your kids off or can't be a seed....

Sammy94
November 21st, 2016, 08:43 AM
You were trying to use the argument that Sam's performance last year combined with their preseason ranking should have mattered. Yet you don't like it when others try to use that logic?

I do believe the STATS poll and others use this logic that was my argument especially in THIS season's preseason poll. I think the committee also looks at past history but as a scope of work not a one game outcome. How can you justify New Hampshire being there this year if not?

kalm
November 21st, 2016, 08:47 AM
This was really the only time (of the last 3 play apperarances) I think Lehigh fans thought they were going to host. Lehigh apparently sumbitted a quality bid. I really think it has more to due with lights than the bid. Either way, Lehigh needs (and the rest of the PL) to step up their game and commit to hosting. Not point in participating in the playoffs if you're always going to ship your kids off or can't be a seed....

Schedule tougher OOC, finish 11-0 and you'll get a seed.

Redbird 4th & short
November 21st, 2016, 08:49 AM
Yea, why is everybody bitching about the UNH pick, they beat three top 25 teams, who did Albany beat. I understand the head to head but there wasn't a single poll I saw that had Albany ahead of NH.
Since original post cited 3 objective ranking systems: Massey, Sagarin, and SRS. UNH was ranked 38, 38, and 30. The notion of beating 3 top 25 teams is puzzling .. I think only Maine was top 25, and since fell way off. I don't see any other Win anywhere near Top 25. You got some help.

RootinFerDukes
November 21st, 2016, 08:50 AM

You can also just schedule a D2, no FBS, 2 OOC cupcakes and then go undefeated in the 9th ranked FCS conference and get a seed too.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 21st, 2016, 08:51 AM

Lehigh wouldn' be able host as a seed given the start times. OOC this year was good. Need lights and a commitment to bidding...

Terry2889
November 21st, 2016, 08:54 AM
Lehigh wouldn' be able host as a seed given the start times. OOC this year was good. Need lights and a commitment to bidding...

Was hoping you'd host so I could actually go to the game : (

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 21st, 2016, 09:00 AM
Was hoping you'd host so I could actually go to the game : (

I want to go but getting to Durham from Eastern PA the day after Thanksgiving is going to be a nightmare. It's going to be a looong bus ride for the players.....

kalm
November 21st, 2016, 09:09 AM

OOC was ok and I think the best in the PL, but might not have been good enough to overcome the comference slate when it comes to seeding.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2016, 09:16 AM
Is it really NCAA mandated that all playoff games kick off at 1pm or later? Because I know it's not TV dictating this since ESPN doesn't broadcast any of the first or second round games except for streaming on ESPN3 and they don't care when games kick off then. In the past it's always been the host institution that set start times for any game not on the networks. Has that changed this year? It could just be that most of the host institutions like the early-mid afternoon kickoffs.

"First, second and quarterfinal-round games broadcast on ESPN3 may start no earlier than 1 p.m. local time," the NCAA pre-championship manual states. "Preferred game times will be taken into strong consideration; however, finalized game times will ultimately be determined by ESPN in consultation with the NCAA."

So yes.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2016/11/round-1-of-2017-fcs-playoffs-lehigh-vs.html

RootinFerDukes
November 21st, 2016, 09:17 AM

Why hasn't Lehigh installed lighting? Patriot League schools don't appear to be hurting for money. As others have pointed out too, it is possible to bring in temporary lighting trucks. They shouldn't keep making excuses and actually commit to their programs.