PDA

View Full Version : Price declares for the draft

CSUBUCDAD
January 15th, 2007, 05:33 PM
CSU WR Morice Price announces his entry entry into the draft. Surprising :eek: :eek:

bodoyle
January 15th, 2007, 05:36 PM
CSU WR Morice Price announces his entry entry into the draft. Surprising :eek: :eek:

This is a joke right CSU?

jmuroller
January 15th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Must have failed out.

Footix
January 15th, 2007, 05:43 PM
http://csusports.athleticsite.com/article.asp?articleID=1489

CHARLESTON, S.C. – The Nation’s leading receiver, Maurice Price, announced Monday that he has decided to forgo his senior season and enter the NFL Draft. Price and fellow Buccaneer Collin Drafts are in California working out, having signed with agent Bert Briones.

This kid is a moron!

CoastalFan2005
January 15th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Was he invited to the Combine in Indy? If not...I really don't see him getting major attention (by that, I mean the attention that players such as David Ball or Chad Nkang will recieve).

smallcollegefbfan
January 15th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Was he invited to the Combine in Indy? If not...I really don't see him getting major attention (by that, I mean the attention that players such as David Ball or Chad Nkang will recieve).

He can't get invited until after the 20th. The NFL does not invited juniors and third year sophs. until after the final date to declare goes by.

I posted this earlier this morning on the pro talk section. This was circulating around last week around Friday. I don't think it his message boards until this morning, though.

Sly Fox
January 15th, 2007, 06:26 PM
AS I mentioned over in the Pros forum, my first reaction was academics. But when you read the release it mentions that Maurice is with Drafts in Cali preparing for the draft together with the same agent. I have a feeling he's received some terrible advice from an agent looking for a cut. But that's just my hunch from halfway across the continent.

jmuroller
January 15th, 2007, 07:44 PM
A. Received TERRIBLE advice from someone
B. Failed out and is his only option
C. He hates CSU that much

Your guess is mine

chantman
January 15th, 2007, 07:53 PM

What's the inside scoop BucDad?

smallcollegefbfan
January 15th, 2007, 07:54 PM

Your guess is mine

LOL

Try D: None of the above.

I talked with a friend from the school and he said that his buddy in the office told him that Price left because he really felt he could not improve his stock anymore by coming back. The reason he felt that way is because Drafts is gone and he was not sure if he could have a better year.

chantman
January 15th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Can't say that I'm sad he will not be in a CSU uniform next season.:hurray:

Dabnus Brickey
January 15th, 2007, 08:42 PM
I didn't know who he was.

Coastal89
January 15th, 2007, 10:04 PM
I didn't know who he was.
Same here. Did he play against Coastal this year? I guess i'll have to watch the tape and see.

BigApp
January 15th, 2007, 10:17 PM
what a maroon!

CSU BUCS
January 16th, 2007, 02:17 AM
Oh well......................grades may have been an issue. I'll find out more and get back to you.

CSUBUCDAD
January 16th, 2007, 07:29 AM

Your guess is mine

Not option B I assure you. He is a very loved young man by all who know him and he really likes Coach Mills and the staff there. My guess would be A.

CSUBUCDAD
January 16th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Same here. Did he play against Coastal this year? I guess i'll have to watch the tape and see.

I guarantee you the secondary knows who he is. That is why your defense stayed in a nickle defense even on running downs and at least 2 of your DB's were drapped all over him on every snap.

MarkCCU
January 16th, 2007, 08:16 AM
What a fool!!!!

Dabnus Brickey
January 16th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Ok, then he must have made an impact in our game then? Seriously, no one knows who this guy is.

When I brought this up to CSU people here, they had no clue he had even declared. How sad is that?

bodoyle
January 16th, 2007, 09:56 AM
I guarantee you the secondary knows who he is. That is why your defense stayed in a nickle defense even on running downs and at least 2 of your DB's were drapped all over him on every snap.

Dab: he had a great impact, look at his stats.

csubuckdad: Welcome to the whole season for Jerome Simpson. He dealt with double and triple teams all season and three-quarters of the year before that (after the jmu game).

November 18, 2006
chucky south 17
CCU 31

maurice price - 6 catches 61 yards 0 touchdowns, longest catch 37 yards

Jerome Simpson - 6 catches 107 yards 2 touchdowns, longest catch 57 yards.

Who is this price guy?

appfan2008
January 16th, 2007, 10:10 AM
some people will never understand... he threw away the chance of a lifetime to get an education, something he most certainly will need when he doesnt cut it in the nfl... also maybe he saw the success of fcs colston with the saints and thought he could do that but i believe this is just a stupid move by someone with eyes that are only focused on money that may never come his way

CharlestonAppFan
January 16th, 2007, 10:26 AM
what are his stats? such as height, weight, strength, speed? don't judge until you determine his overall athleticism, seeing as how the NFL scouts tend to judge these atributes at the combine and elsewhere. Remember Broderick Bunkley from FSU who got drafted by Philly? I don't remember him being much of a presence on the Philly D line this year, but he had tremendous athletic stats and that got him drafted. Lots of scouts judge on these parameters, even though their stats in college weren't the greatest or standout.

Ol Blue
January 16th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Time will tell.

He is 6'1/2" tall and ran a 4.4 40 in the combine the other day. He had a 11 foot broad jump. He should do fine at the combines.

I also knew a young man that came out his Junior year from Bethune Cookman and is playing safety at Green Bay. He was drafted in the second round after performing well at the combine.

So I guess the combine will tell whether it was a mistake or not.

OhioHen
January 16th, 2007, 11:49 AM

What's not surprising is that his name doesn't show up on any ESPN lists of players declaring for the draft. : smh :