PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Price

smallcollegefbfan
January 15th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Anyone else heard about him declaring for the NFL Draft? He is supposedly not in SC right now. I heard he has already flown out to California.

Anyone else able to confirm?

Mr. C
January 15th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Not a smart move by him. Was he having academic problems? I immediately thought of former Appalachian State cornerback Jamie Coleman, who stopped going to class his junior year (1995), declared for the draft and went undrafted. He was signed as a free agent by the Minnesota Vikings, was cut in the final cutdown and ended up playing in the Arena Football League.

smallcollegefbfan
January 15th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Price Signs With Agent; Enters NFL Draft

CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Nation's leading receiver, Maurice Price, announced Monday that he has decided to forgo his senior season and enter the NFL Draft. Price and fellow Buccaneer Collin Drafts are in California working out, having signed with agent Bert Briones.

Price led all of Division I football in receiving last year with 103 receptions, becoming just the seventh player in Division I-AA history to record more than 100 receptions in a single season. Over the past two seasons, Price ranks third in receiving, trailing only Davonne Bess (Hawaii) and David Ball (New Hampshire). His 175 receptions over that time rank him ahead of receivers such as Dwayne Jarrett (USC) and Calvin Johnson (Georgia Tech).

During his three years at Charleston Southern, Price became the all-time leader, at CSU and in the Big South, in receptions and receiving yards. Price also set the League mark for games with at least 10 receptions, doing so in five contests.

Following his outstanding junior campaign, Price was named to the Associate Press All-American team, The Sports Network All-American second-team, and was named to the College Sporting News Fabulous 50 FC All-Star team.

Price has worked out just one weekend, but the 6-1.5, 196 pounder has already run a 4.4 40-yard dash, and had an impressive 11 foot broad jump.

smallcollegefbfan
January 15th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Rumor is he is declaring because he lost his QB and he is not sure if his grade would improve. I think he is scared his numbers will fall off and does not want to risk it. He is pretty smart I heard, too.

Sly Fox
January 15th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Academics were the first thing that entered my mind as well. This move doesn't make much sense unless he's getting some bad advice (perhapsfrom the agent in Cali).