PDA

View Full Version : NEC Pick 'em - Week 12

RedFlash
November 17th, 2016, 12:26 PM
NEC Week 12

Well this has been a quick 12 weeks. Seems like only yesterday I was sitting in Washington-Grizzly Stadium watching StFU take on Montana. Here are the games for this week. Three road favorites for the final week of the season. All three games kick off at noon.

Bryant (-3.5) at Sacred Heart
Duquesne (-16.5) at CCSU
St. Francis (-7.5) at Wagner

After being voted to finish second in the preseason coaches’ poll, and getting off to a 5-1 start, I don’t think anyone expected the fall off that SHU has had in the second half of the season. They’ve lost 3 of their last 4 and risk falling into a tie with RMU (and possibly CCSU) for last place in the conference at 1-5. Bryant has played well as of late, beating RMU and losing a close game to Duquesne, so I give them the edge in this one.
While they can’t get the automatic qualifier for the FCS playoff’s, the Dukes can still get a share of the Conference title with a win and a Red Flash loss this weekend. I have to think they’d love to have the Kennesaw St. game back – as a win in that game would have at least given them an argument for an at-large bid into the playoffs given that KSU is being discussed as a possible at-large team themselves with their 8-2 record.
And speaking of the FCS playoffs, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see StFU have a letdown this weekend at Wagner. Last week’s victory over CCSU was not one of their better games – especially on defense. Meanwhile, I think Wagner will try to use this game to build on for 2017 and to get over the .500 mark for the season.

Last week: 4-0; Overall: 39-14

Thanks to those of you who participated in our NEC Pick ‘em this year. I know there aren’t a ton of NEC fans on this Board, so I appreciate the support.

Gangtackle11
November 17th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Bryant
Duquesne
St.Francis

Last Week: 4-0 Season: 41-12

bonarae
November 17th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Bryant
Duquesne
Wagner

MR. CHICKEN
November 17th, 2016, 10:17 PM
BRYANT
DUQUESNE
ST. FRANCIS

blackbeard
November 18th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Bryant
Duquesne
St Francis

Bluefish845
November 18th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Thanks Flash for posting the NEC Pick ems'
Bryant -SHU craps the bed yet again
Duquesne - Saw Hines up close last week, he is the real deal, looks bigger than his listed 5-11, but definitely all of 220# of muscle. K#ntz is also very good he was pretty much everywhere making plays.
ST. Francis looking forward to seeing who the Flash are matched up against in the playoffs and hope they make some noise.