PDA

View Full Version : Hula Bowl is ON!!!!

Redbird Fan 21
January 14th, 2007, 07:45 PM
ISU has WR Laurent Robinson and LS Jake Weber playing on the East (Green team)...

GO YOU REDBIRDS.... GO FCS!!!!

ereiz03
January 14th, 2007, 08:09 PM
USD's Jon Polk is playing!

SiouxFallsJack
January 14th, 2007, 08:18 PM
I got to see our punter Neil Bainbridge nail a 50 yarder! :thumbsup:

smallcollegefbfan
January 14th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Anyone else watching? Justise Hairston, Chad Nkang, and a few others getting some nice pub. Nkang and Hairston both seem to have a shot at getting drafted.

smallcollegefbfan
January 14th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Oops I started a thread in the pro thread. Yeah Bainbridge is another one getting some nice pub.

I want to see Hairston do very well. He is a virtual unknown who had an amazing year. You have to pull for a mid-major player like that.

Jacks02
January 14th, 2007, 08:59 PM
SDSU WR Micah Johnson had a nice catch at the end of the first half. :)

MR. CHICKEN
January 14th, 2007, 09:10 PM
ARKEE...IS WEARIN' DUH GREEN..........:bow:....BRAWK!

Mr. C
January 14th, 2007, 09:15 PM
ESPNU is showing a replay of the Inta Juice North-South Classic right now, too. First thing I noticed in that game was Maine's Matt King clobbering someone so hard that he knocked his helmet off. Also saw Ab Kuaan of Grambling make a nice run. I'll be toggling between both games.

Mr. C
January 14th, 2007, 09:17 PM
At least the Hula Bowl teams don't have all of those stupid decals on their helmets. You can actually tell what teams the players are from, unlike some of those other games.

redbirdtim
January 14th, 2007, 09:23 PM
I saw those helmets you're talkinb about. They looked absolutely ridiculous.

Mr. C
January 14th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Guy from Kansas State returns a kick for a TD and a stupid ref blows the play dead, saying he stepped out of bounds. The replays showed it was a TD, but no reviews in this game. For a second, I though the guy was from Texas State, similar styled uniforms (though different colors).

MR. CHICKEN
January 14th, 2007, 09:53 PM
WHERE ARE DUH FANS?........DAT STADIUM IS MO' EMPTY.......DAN UH.....RHODE ISLAND.....HOMECOMIN'.........:(....BRAWK!

Mr. C
January 14th, 2007, 09:55 PM
In the North-South game, DB Greg Fassitt of Grambling had a pick and return for a TD.

Mr. C
January 14th, 2007, 09:56 PM
WHERE ARE DUH FANS?........DAT STADIUM IS MO' EMPTY.......DAN UH.....RHODE ISLAND.....HOMECOMIN'.........:(....BRAWK!
They are all down at the beach, surfing. Didn't notice those scenary shots? Seriously, this is a game that is on the verge of dying. This might be the last Hula Bowl from what I've heard.

Mr. C
January 14th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Not much from the FCS guys in this game, but a nice finish with the East team scoring a TD in the final minute after a fumble recovery and then a great catch by Tennessee's Smith one-handed to give them the lead, 11-10.

Mr. C
January 14th, 2007, 11:28 PM
The Hula Bowl is being replayed now on ESPNU.

gophoenix
January 15th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Not much from the FCS guys in this game

Not much from FCS guys? Nkang had 3 pass breakups and 9 solo tackles and was named the Kai MVP for goodness sakes.

Jackluv
January 15th, 2007, 11:15 AM
ya Nkang played really well....his size will be his downfall but he is just a great playmaker..hope everything goes well for him

MACHIAVELLI
January 15th, 2007, 12:45 PM
In the North-South game, DB Greg Fassitt of Grambling had a pick and return for a TD.

Did anyone record the game?

smallcollegefbfan
January 15th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Not much from FCS guys? Nkang had 3 pass breakups and 9 solo tackles and was named the Kai MVP for goodness sakes.

I think he meant in general. Outside of Nkang, who did look very good, nobody else really stood out.

Mr. C
January 15th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Nkang may have had a good game, but the announcers didn't mention his name at all when I was watching.

lizrdgizrd
January 15th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Nkang may have had a good game, but the announcers didn't mention his name at all when I was watching.
Heh, they probably just mispronounced it, just like they did Elon.

gophoenix
January 15th, 2007, 05:22 PM

The announcers were terrible, and not just for Chad. The announcers were focused on the offensive players more than anyone on defense. They pronounced Elon wrong for one and pronounced Nkang wrong too. Heck, they had a hockey guy announcing the game

aceinthehole
January 16th, 2007, 01:45 PM
I think he meant in general. Outside of Nkang, who did look very good, nobody else really stood out.

Central Connecticut running back Justise Hairston was the leading rusher for the Aina with four carries for 12 yards.