PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 12

Pages : 1 [2]

Gater
November 20th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Good luck to Lehigh in the playoffs. Think that is a pretty good draw and there are games there to be won.

Makes sense to me that Fordham didn't get in (though I can't really comment on who got in instead of them). League didn't really have a good win this year. The loses to Monmouth really hurt. Colgate left some wins on the table that could have helped the league (they lead nine out of ten games at halftime and finished 5-5).

The reality of the PL at this point is that you only have three teams looking to be in the running for at-large bids. Lafayette hasn't had a winning season in seven years and seems to be sticking with Tavani--not sure what is going to change there. Gilmore has won more than seven games once in 13 years--guys were hurt this year but what is his record with a very good PP as starting QB? Bucknell has a good defense every year but is rarely in the running. (Not a knock on Susan, but it's funny how when a team has a good defense and loses it has a good coach but if it has a good offense and loses it proves how bad the coach is.) Realistically, Georgetown could get on a miracle run every 15 or 20 years and steal a title. That leaves Fordham, Lehigh, and Colgate as the teams actively trying to win. Not sure if Bucknell or Georgetown fans would ever really expect more, but it's got to be tough for the HC and Lafayette faithful. Both of those programs--with their facilities, etc. could be great.

ColgateTD
November 20th, 2016, 12:25 PM
Safe and secure! I guess the golf season has officially ended at Seven Oaks. xbawlingx

Sunny and 70 in Hammy yesterday, great for watching the Hoya-'Gate game. Now 28 and 9" of snow in Central NY. We dodged a bullet yesterday. Yes, I think Seven Oaks has called it quits..;)

DFW HOYA
November 20th, 2016, 12:49 PM
The reality of the PL at this point is that you only have three teams looking to be in the running for at-large bids.

Some thoughts:

1. Has the NEC autobid effectively reduced the PL to a one-bid league in the eyes of the committee?

2. Here's an argument in some Georgetown circles: if the top of the league is locked in by the top three spending teams, Georgetown could add 60 scholarships tomorrow and still be no better than Bucknell and Lafayette, and lose $4 million a year doing so so. Fair?

3. Frank Tavani's contract was extended two years ago through 2016. Has it now technically expired?

4. Tom Gilmore's contract was extended two years ago through 2018. If it was through 2016, you might have seen a different press release this year.

The Boogie Down
November 20th, 2016, 12:53 PM
Good luck to Lehigh in the playoffs. Think that is a pretty good draw and there are games there to be won.

Makes sense to me that Fordham didn't get in (though I can't really comment on who got in instead of them). League didn't really have a good win this year. The loses to Monmouth really hurt. Colgate left some wins on the table that could have helped the league (they lead nine out of ten games at halftime and finished 5-5).

The reality of the PL at this point is that you only have three teams looking to be in the running for at-large bids.

Yeah, but it's always been a 3 team league. Lehigh, Colgate and the great Holy Cross dynasty during the early years. Lehigh, Colgate and an occasionally good Lafayette for the bulk of the '90s and '00s after that. Lehigh, Colgate and Fordham now. Really this league has just been Lehigh, Colgate and whomever else decides to step to the plate over any said era. Bucknell was never really there. Georgetown will never be there. Lafayette and Holy Cross, like many Ivies, seem to have given up.

carney2
November 20th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Some thoughts:

3. Frank Tavani's contract was extended two years ago through 2016. Has it now technically expired?

Some sources have Tavani's contract going thru 2017. So, which is it - 2016 or 2017? No authoritative answer for that one. But, does it matter?! Frank says that he has "tenure" and that the College owes him lots of money. Again, nothing here that you can call hard facts, but it has been assumed by many (including me) that he doesn't go unless and until he wants to go. Nothing in the post-game comments yesterday to contradict that. The smart money says that next year's Holy Cross vs. Lafayette game will feature Tavani vs. Gilmore. As you yourself pointed out, DFW, no one at either of these schools seems to give a s#!t.

CFBfan
November 20th, 2016, 01:15 PM
LU has the sama path that Gate has last year: UNH, JMU, SHSU. Let's see if they can go as deep

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 20th, 2016, 01:17 PM
LU has the sama path that Gate has last year: UNH, JMU, SHSU. Let's see if they can go as deep

Not likely....just playing the odds. I too am sick of regionalization....

The Boogie Down
November 20th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Some thoughts:

1. Has the NEC autobid effectively reduced the PL to a one-bid league in the eyes of the committee?

2. Here's an argument in some Georgetown circles: if the top of the league is locked in by the top three spending teams, Georgetown could add 60 scholarships tomorrow and still be no better than Bucknell and Lafayette, and lose $4 million a year doing so so. Fair?

1) Fordham got an at-large in 2013, 2015 and just barely missed out earlier this morning. If Fordham doesn't blow the Monmouth game, if Colgate doesn't blow the Cornell game (+1 other, maybe even against us, where they led late) no NEC is taking a bid from the PL. Especially in this (overly) expanded field.

2) Every FCS loses money. You know that just like you know your school has a 1.5 billion dollar endowment. Spend a little more scratch to be decent like Lafayette was for about three decades ('80s, '90s, '00s) or do the bare minimum and finish last every single year (minus 2011).

van
November 20th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Monmouth kept Fordham from an at large this year

Monmouth kept Lehigh from a seed this year

World
November 20th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Why is Lehigh not hosting a first round game v. New Hampshire?

attendance and money?

RichH2
November 20th, 2016, 06:02 PM
Yeah, but it's always been a 3 team league. Lehigh, Colgate and the great Holy Cross dynasty during the early years. Lehigh, Colgate and an occasionally good Lafayette for the bulk of the '90s and '00s after that. Lehigh, Colgate and Fordham now. Really this league has just been Lehigh, Colgate and whomever else decides to step to the plate over any said era. Bucknell was never really there. Georgetown will never be there. Lafayette and Holy Cross, like many Ivies, seem to have given up.

+1

RichH2
November 20th, 2016, 06:04 PM
Why is Lehigh not hosting a first round game v. New Hampshire?

attendance and money?

No lights at Goodman. All games start at 1 or later. So no game.

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2016, 06:07 PM
No lights at Goodman. All games start at 1 or later. So no game.

This is a nonsense reason. It is because UNH had a higher bid. There have been plenty of playoff games starting at noon. UNH had a higher bid than Lehigh so they got the home game. He'll, we have even hosted playoff games at Goodman vs JMU & Hofstra.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 20th, 2016, 06:20 PM
This is a nonsense reason. It is because UNH had a higher bid. There have been plenty of playoff games starting at noon. UNH had a higher bid than Lehigh so they got the home game. He'll, we have even hosted playoff games at Goodman vs JMU & Hofstra.

There's definitely been a change in time slots for the playoffs. Game times use to be spread throughout the day and that's clearly no longer the case. I don't believe a special exemption would have given, or even exists, at this point. Goodman may no longer be deemed suitable to host.

If Lehigh was outbid then that's rather sad imo. Commit or don't commit to the program. Lehigh deserves homefield....

Either way, if Lehigh is serious about competing in the playoffs and challenging the CAA then they need lights and must submit top shelf bids. Sending your team on the road all the time is just dumb imo...

RichH2
November 20th, 2016, 06:26 PM

Actually no. Agree it is nonsensical but happens to be true. My guess is ESPN set time. I dont see a problem with noon starts. Been done before. Dont know what bids were. UNH may have outbid us anyway but word was lack of lights an issue. In any event we travel. And we should have lights.

van
November 20th, 2016, 06:28 PM
hmmm, when was the last time UNH was out bid?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 20th, 2016, 06:30 PM
hmmm, when was the last time UNH was out bid?

2012 by Wofford. They also were outbid in 2011 by Montana State. Against PL schools they've never been outbid...

PAllen
November 20th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Actually no. Agree it is nonsensical but happens to be true. My guess is ESPN set time. I dont see a problem with noon starts. Been done before. Dont know what bids were. UNH may have outbid us anyway but word was lack of lights an issue. In any event we travel. And we should have lights.

Why would ESPN set the time? They're not even televising the game, just agreeing to put it up on ESPN3.

ngineer
November 20th, 2016, 08:38 PM
2012 by Wofford. They also were outbid in 2011 by Montana State. Against PL schools they've never been outbid...

Seems like budget priorities/abilities. We did outbid Hofstra and JMU back in 1999 and 2004, but have been road warriors since. That's the way it will likely be from a budgetary standpoint.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 20th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Seems like budget priorities/abilities. We did outbid Hofstra and JMU back in 1999 and 2004, but have been road warriors since. That's the way it will likely be from a budgetary standpoint.

And they've never won more than one game in the playoffs which will likely be the case again this year. If they're lucky. Lehigh's lack of ambition when it comes to hosting greatly diminishes my interest in the postseason for me. I was hoping Lehigh was serious about moving their program forward with the introduction of scholarships. It seems like they're just happy to represent the Patriot League. Stuff like this SHOULD hurt Lehigh when it comes to recruiting against the CAA. The commitment still is not fully there....

I'm tossing around going up this weekend but getting up there the Friday after Thanksgiving is going to be a nightmare. Going to be a LOOONG bus ride up for there for the players...

Lehigh'98
November 20th, 2016, 08:59 PM
What would have happened if we were 11-0 and a top 8 seed? Still no home game because there are no lights? Nonsense. What if we play Chattanooga in the qtrs? Who gets the home game then? Them because we have no lights?

CHIP72
November 21st, 2016, 06:06 AM
Why would ESPN set the time? They're not even televising the game, just agreeing to put it up on ESPN3.

I agree that set times make little sense with the games only being televised on ESPN3, but every first and second round game has a start time no earlier than 2 PM ET. You have to figure some teams (like New Hampshire ironically enough) would prefer to start home playoff games earlier due to the limited daylight and greater possibility of bad weather (and especially those factors in combination), but did not do so this year. My guess is they weren't allowed to.

In some ways, the lights issue/challenge at Lehigh is sort of like the lights issue/challenge at Penn State. It is easier to light the walking areas between the parking locations and the stadium at Penn State than at Lehigh, but lighting in the parking areas at PSU would be a much greater challenge in State College than on Lehigh's South Campus. (For those who don't know, most of Beaver Stadium's parking is in grass fields near the stadium.) Penn State (I'm guessing) had their hand forced and got the job done, so Lehigh can do the same. Even if Lehigh installs lights however, I wouldn't advocate for many night games going forward (mid-afternoon games might be a different story).

Doc QB
November 21st, 2016, 06:15 AM
Make the soccer guys buy the lights. We should get something out of that relationship other than just more soccer in the Valley.

CHIP72
November 21st, 2016, 06:18 AM
Make the soccer guys buy the lights. We should get something out of that relationship other than just more soccer in the Valley.

Hey, not a bad idea.

Doc QB
November 21st, 2016, 06:21 AM
Hey, not a bad idea.
I have one a week...too bad it was this early in week waiting for case to start.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 21st, 2016, 06:26 AM
What would have happened if we were 11-0 and a top 8 seed? Still no home game because there are no lights? Nonsense. What if we play Chattanooga in the qtrs? Who gets the home game then? Them because we have no lights?

Next weeks game times are already predetermined so Lehigh would not have hosted as a seed.

All 4 CAA teams are hosting. If Lehigh wants to be taken serious they must fix this problem. There's no point in always sending your team on a road in the playoffs. That's the mentality of a pretender. It's also a slap in the face to the players imo.

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2016, 06:38 AM
Next weeks game times are already predetermined so Lehigh would not have hosted as a seed.

All 4 CAA teams are hosting. If Lehigh wants to be taken serious they must fix this problem. There's no point in always sending your team on a road in the playoffs. That's the mentality of a pretender. It's also a slap in the face to the players imo.

If we would not have gotten a home game as a seed, then we might as well not participate in the playoffs. Ive never heard of a group of players punished by the ncaa because of something they have no control over.

CHIP72
November 21st, 2016, 06:49 AM
If we would not have gotten a home game as a seed, then we might as well not participate in the playoffs. Ive never heard of a group of players punished by the ncaa because of something they have no control over.

What Owl is saying is Lehigh wouldn't have hosted a game next week if they were seeded because they wouldn't play in the first round. He's not saying the lack of lights would prevent Lehigh from hosting games even as a seeded team.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 21st, 2016, 06:49 AM

Lehigh's players wouldn't be punished by the NCAA. They'd be punished by Lehigh's failure to make Goodman suitable to host. Bottom line, you need lights this time of year. Until Lehigh fixes the problem no sympathy from me.

Stuff like this is why the CAA>>>>PL. Those schools remain far more committed to FCS football on a national level than the PL.

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2016, 06:52 AM
What Owl is saying is Lehigh wouldn't have hosted a game next week if they were seeded because they wouldn't play in the first round. He's not saying the lack of lights would prevent Lehigh from hosting games even as a seeded team.

That is not what he is saying

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 21st, 2016, 06:53 AM

I am saying the lack of lights would have prevented Lehigh from hosting as a seed. I don't believe Goodman is suitable to host playoff games given the new time formats....

CHIP72
November 21st, 2016, 09:28 AM
I am saying the lack of lights would have prevented Lehigh from hosting as a seed. I don't believe Goodman is suitable to host playoff games given the new time formats....

I doubt the NCAA would prevent Lehigh from hosting games if they were seeded. (The NCAA may have told Lehigh they needed to have temporary lights available.) However, I WILL say that if Lehigh is close to a seed but not a clear-cut seed, as they may have been this year, the lack of lights could influence the NCAA to not give Lehigh a seed.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 21st, 2016, 09:32 AM
I doubt the NCAA would prevent Lehigh from hosting games if they were seeded. (The NCAA may have told Lehigh they needed to have temporary lights available.) However, I WILL say that if Lehigh is close to a seed but not a clear-cut seed, as they may have been this year, the lack of lights could influence the NCAA to not give Lehigh a seed.

First and second round games along with the quarterfinals will not start before 1 P.M. which means Lehigh can not host without lights. I highly doubt Lehigh has a back-up plan for lights. At least before yesterday....

PAllen
November 21st, 2016, 10:07 AM

Agreed. At this point, if lights are a requirement to host, then I'm about ready to walk away. That is just a completely artificial impediment to small schools. I'm not a fan of the expense for lights. The cost of hosting without a seed at this point has become untenable for all but large state sponsored universities. Should we start playing Alabama, LSU, and Ohio State every year for money games to cover the cost of potentially hosting a couple of playoff games?

RichH2
November 21st, 2016, 10:08 AM
Lighting is amd will remain an issue. Goodman is overdue for upgrades to PA system,scoreboard and lighting. Seems clear ESPN wants start times from 1pm on. LU likely will have very good teams at least for the near future. A few home games would be nice.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 21st, 2016, 10:12 AM
Agreed. At this point, if lights are a requirement to host, then I'm about ready to walk away. That is just a completely artificial impediment to small schools. I'm not a fan of the expense for lights. The cost of hosting without a seed at this point has become untenable for all but large state sponsored universities. Should we start playing Alabama, LSU, and Ohio State every year for money games to cover the cost of potentially hosting a couple of playoff games?

Colgate, Lafayette, Fordham, Bucknell and yes even Georgetown have lights in the PL. If Lehigh doesn't want to commit then they've failed themselves imo. This isn't the NCAA playing hardball.

Villanova, Richmond and Wofford are hosting this year. Wofford is the smallest D1 school in the country...

Ironically, my high school alma mater Abington Heights, a 5A school, doesn't have lights either and its been an issue for years....

PAllen
November 21st, 2016, 10:33 AM

What's next? Minimum 17000 permanent seating? Minimum square footage for the locker room size? If the new requirement is a lighted field, then I'm just done. They ignored us at 10-1, they've only ever seeded a PL team once, now we get artificial requirements to eliminate those pesky little schools as quickly as possible? It's no wonder the MEAC, SWAC, and Ivy look elsewhere.

PAllen
November 21st, 2016, 10:37 AM
Colgate, Lafayette, Fordham, Bucknell and yes even Georgetown have lights in the PL. If Lehigh doesn't want to commit then they've failed themselves imo. This isn't the NCAA playing hardball.

Villanova, Richmond and Wofford are hosting this year. Wofford is the smallest D1 school in the country...

Ironically, my high school alma mater Abington Heights, a 5A school, doesn't have lights either and its been an issue for years....

Well then I guess if we get a seed, we can just install temporary goal posts on the lacrosse field and have the game at 2PM. Although, I'd prefer the field hockey field so that Goodman is in the background of the camera shot and the commentators will not be able to avoid the idiocy of not being allowed to start the game an hour and a half earlier in the actual football stadium.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 21st, 2016, 10:51 AM
What's next? Minimum 17000 permanent seating? Minimum square footage for the locker room size? If the new requirement is a lighted field, then I'm just done. They ignored us at 10-1, they've only ever seeded a PL team once, now we get artificial requirements to eliminate those pesky little schools as quickly as possible? It's no wonder the MEAC, SWAC, and Ivy look elsewhere.

If the PL schools don't want to go all in then maybe the playoffs aren't in their best interest. I wouldn't have a problem if Lehigh or the PL went in another direction if they're only lukewarm when it comes to the playoffs. I don't think it's fair to the players and their families along with the fans and alums to always be shipped away over the Thanksgiving holiday. You're never going to accomplish much by playing every game on the road against the top conferences in FCS.

PAllen
November 21st, 2016, 11:20 AM
If the PL schools don't want to go all in then maybe the playoffs aren't in their best interest. I wouldn't have a problem if Lehigh or the PL went in another direction if they're only lukewarm when it comes to the playoffs. I don't think it's fair to the players and their families along with the fans and alums to always be shipped away over the Thanksgiving holiday. You're never going to accomplish much by playing every game on the road against the top conferences in FCS.

What do lights have to do with playing better football, other than meeting some random whim instigated by the "big boys"? Goodman is a better stadium than most of those "big boys" have. If they're just making up requirements to limit our access, then what's to stop them from the next requirement of Goodman's seating capacity +1? At some point it's not about the football, and more about who can outspend who. If the big boys don't want us here, then we don't need to be here. I'll be rooting for our guys this week, and hopefully next, but I'd be just as happy at this point rooting for them in a "bowl" against an Ivy, or a separate postseason that included the MEAC, SWAC, Ivy, PFL, NEC, OVC, and Big South. Who do they go after next?

RichH2
November 21st, 2016, 11:38 AM

+1
Lights are not an unnecessary burden arbitrarily enacted by the NCAA. Just a fact of life in the NE for afternoon games. That we dont have them is a puzzle. Cost for Goodman alone not prohitive and s/b easily fundable. Access lighting , even with purchasing the portable spots, is a neglible addition.
Lehigh is not a poor college nor does it have miserly alumni. Being the last holdout in PL is not a noble stand vs NCAA dictatorship. I dont see a valid reason why it hasnt been done.

aceinthehole
November 21st, 2016, 12:05 PM

According to the US Dept. of Education (EADA), Presbyterian is the smallest FCS school by enrollment.

1,026 - Presbyterian (Big South)
1,568 - Saint Francis (NEC)
1,643 - Wofford (SoCon)
1,648 - Mississippi Valley State (SWAC)
1,700 - Virginia Military Institute (SoCon)
1,762 - Wagner (NEC)

But to your point, Wagner has also hosted a FCS playoff game.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 21st, 2016, 12:46 PM
+1
Lights are not an unnecessary burden arbitrarily enacted by the NCAA. Just a fact of life in the NE for afternoon games. That we dont have them is a puzzle. Cost for Goodman alone not prohitive and s/b easily fundable. Access lighting , even with purchasing the portable spots, is a neglible addition.
Lehigh is not a poor college nor does it have miserly alumni. Being the last holdout in PL is not a noble stand vs NCAA dictatorship. I dont see a valid reason why it hasnt been done.

Someone needs to call Penske. He has ties to Musco Lighting (NASCAR). He should be able to get a good deal.

Honestly, Lehigh really needs to step up here and either get permanent lights or have portable lights at the ready (perfectly fine option, ND did this year for years). But with the move to scholarships and what they have coming back next year you owe it to the players to put them in a position to make a run. I hate to harp on it but with the new playoff time rules this a big issue for Lehigh imo.

The Boogie Down
November 21st, 2016, 01:47 PM
Honestly, Lehigh really needs to step up here and either get permanent lights or have portable lights at the ready (perfectly fine option, ND did this year for years).

Isn't there a third option to consider? I mean, isn't there another stadium nearby? One that has lights, great sightlines, doesn't leave spectators a mile away from the action AND is usually empty this time of the year. C'mon guys, think.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 21st, 2016, 01:52 PM
Isn't there a third option to consider? I mean, isn't there another stadium nearby? One that has lights, great sightlines, doesn't leave spectators a mile away from the action AND is usually empty this time of the year. C'mon guys, think.

Yup, Bethlehem School District Stadium. Don't even have to leave the city. Easton-P'Burg play at another place this week....

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1173/5159223561_6e84449f1c_b.jpg

LehighU11
November 21st, 2016, 01:55 PM

Are you cruelly referring to Lafayette's Fisher Field? I heard that the Pards are still finishing up OT against UNH. xrotatehx

The Boogie Down
November 21st, 2016, 02:09 PM
Are you cruelly referring to Lafayette's Fisher Field? I heard that the Pards are still finishing up OT against UNH. xrotatehx

Ehhh, the selection committee put me in a cruel mood. :D

Besides, I vaguely remember a couple of years ago something was up w/JCF and there was a chance of losing a playoff home game b/c of it. Someone on the Fordham board brought up the possibility of playing at Columbia. Most flipped out (in the end the issue was resolved anyway) but my thought was nothing could ever be sweeter than making my enemy's home my home!

CHIP72
November 21st, 2016, 03:08 PM
Yup, Bethlehem School District Stadium. Don't even have to leave the city. Easton-P'Burg play at another place this week....

There's bigger capacity there than at Rocco Calvo Field a couple blocks away. Maybe Moravian or Bethlehem SD will allow the seats to be transported from one field to the other.

PAllen
November 21st, 2016, 03:09 PM

Would fit right in in the MVFC.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 21st, 2016, 05:52 PM
Read some quotes from the newspaper write-ups. Coen certainly doesn't appear to be thrilled about hitting the road. He flat-out said it was a disadvantage. The players also seemed like they were convinced they'd be at home.

ngineer
November 21st, 2016, 10:25 PM

I'm getting a little tired of all this whining. Yes, it's harder to win on the road, but not impossible and makes such a victory all the more sweeter.

ngineer
November 21st, 2016, 10:35 PM

At one time BSD Stadium sat close to 20,000 with end zone seating that was taken down decades ago. still seats close to 15,000.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 21st, 2016, 11:10 PM
Any guesses on league superlatives?

Offensive POY Chase Edmonds
Defensive POY ?? Nick McBeath??
Coach of the Year Andy Coen

Going to take a stab at LU first teamers. I feel like Lehigh could have a lot homerism aside...

QB Nick Shafnisky, I think he beats out Anderson
RB Dominic Bragalone should get it with Edmonds, DeFloria strong too
WR Troy Pelletier no brainer
WR Gatlin Casey no brainer
OL Zach Duffy no brainer
OL Brandon Short
DL Tyler Cavenas, should have a good shot
LB Colton Caslow no brainer
LB Evan Harvey should be
DB Brandon Leaks

K Ed Mish
KR Gatlin Casey

I think Pierce Ripanti deserves a nod. He took over the Bucknell and Lafayette games on defense. But Lehigh isn't get 3 LB's with McBeath...

Fordham
November 22nd, 2016, 07:43 AM
Yes on Edmonds for Fordham. I believe Anderson will be 2nd team.

OL Coyle and Hartman
DE Max Roberts (true frosh)
P Pavlik

Too bad Adeyeye and Thorpe missed more than 1/2 the season or they would be on there.

Was McBeath that good this year? I didn't notice him in our game but it could have just been because we jumped out early and never looked back.

Sader87
November 22nd, 2016, 09:42 AM
Sorry (not sorry) but I continue to believe there aren't too many things more ovah-rated in the sports world than the FCS play-offs.

Blast me for being sour grapes about it all you will....fine.....just my opinion. I would be very content with playing some of our traditional Ivy rivals, vie for a PL championship, sprinkle in some CAA and FBS games and be done with the season.

Lehigh'98
November 22nd, 2016, 09:56 AM
Sorry (not sorry) but I continue to believe there aren't too many things more ovah-rated in the sports world than the FCS play-offs.

Blast me for being sour grapes about it all you will....fine.....just my opinion. I would be very content with playing some of our traditional Ivy rivals, vie for a PL championship, sprinkle in some CAA and FBS games and be done with the season.

It's not anything you have to worry about.