PDA

View Full Version : If SHSU Goes Undefeated, No Less Than a No. 2 Seed

Pages : 1 [2]

Thumper 76
November 10th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Wasn't most of your qbs rushing yardage off designed runs vs scrambling? I didn't recall much pressure when he was in the pocket. If they use the same rushing scheme I don't see them getting enough pressure to slow down our O much, buts that's just my opinion. I think the bigger issue for us will be finding a 2nd half D against the Bison. Actually our games with them over the years have been very competitive for a half but they have typically worn us down in the second half.

Yes, a lot of yards were off of designed runs, a couple of key scrambles mixed in. A running qb puts your team in a different position defensively, mainly linebackers, especially against SDSU specifically. When you are going against arguably the second best WR in FCS and the best TE in FCS it's a unique thing to try to stop, especially when the qb can run. They do much better against a less mobile qb. I doubt they hold SHSU under 28, but I don't doubt they would do a better job at slowing down the Kats than an EWU or SDSU. Just no opinion though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-Factor
November 10th, 2016, 11:18 PM
Yes, a lot of yards were off of designed runs, a couple of key scrambles mixed in. A running qb puts your team in a different position defensively, mainly linebackers, especially against SDSU specifically. When you are going against arguably the second best WR in FCS and the best TE in FCS it's a unique thing to try to stop, especially when the qb can run. They do much better against a less mobile qb. I doubt they hold SHSU under 28, but I don't doubt they would do a better job at slowing down the Kats than an EWU or SDSU. Just no opinion though.

I think your making more out of the mobile QB thing vs NDSU defense than there is. The Jacks saved the QB designed run for NDSU. You caught us off guard. There would be a different defensive game plan the next time around.

milleniumkat
November 11th, 2016, 07:05 AM
The thing that murdered the Bison defense against those two teams was the mobility of the qb. I doubt Briscoe has the mobility to rush for over 100 yards on them to keep their d line in a much tougher assignment of staying in lanes to try to contain the qb instead of just being unleashed to rush the qb. The Bison D does fairly well against offenses that don't have the rushing threat of a qb like those two teams. I don't think SHSU is a good matchup for them with how beat up NDSU is on defense and weak at corner, but the SHSU offense isn't as bad for them as a SDSU or EWU.

Well i've seen Their LBs struggle in coverage every game i've watched them. So anything we lose in qb mobility we will make up for with Slots and Te seam routes.

"You Can't run with #81!"

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2016, 07:11 AM
I think your making more out of the mobile QB thing vs NDSU defense than there is. The Jacks saved the QB designed run for NDSU. You caught us off guard. There would be a different defensive game plan the next time around.

Good, I hope the Jacks come back this year. Frazier doesn't fumble that ball that game is a rout.

McNeese72
November 11th, 2016, 07:23 AM
I do, that is why I was glad McNeese made it a game in the 2nd half this last week. I am hoping that UCA scores first when we play them because we have yet to be behind.

Be careful what you wish for. Get behind those guys early you may not catch up. They tend to wear teams down later in the game.

Thumper 76
November 11th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Well considering both teams with a mobile qb marched up and down the field with ease, forcing a massive 3 punts between those two games. With Tanguay hurt to you really think that's going to get better?

Well i've seen Their LBs struggle in coverage every game i've watched them. So anything we lose in qb mobility we will make up for with Slots and Te seam routes.

You aren't making anything up on SDSU with your TE compared to ours xlolx

Good, I hope the Jacks come back this year. Frazier doesn't fumble that ball that game is a rout.

Yeah I almost am starting to hope for it too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2016, 08:01 AM
Well considering both teams with a mobile qb marched up and down the field with ease, forcing a massive 3 punts between those two games. With Tanguay hurt to you really think that's going to get better?

Count on it.

IMO, UNI will be the Jacks and a 7-4 Jacks team will be coming to Fargo....again.

Trumpster
November 11th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Count on it.

IMO, UNI will be the Jacks and a 7-4 Jacks team will be coming to Fargo....again.

But they could really maximize bus routes if they gave the F'n Hawkers the seed that plays NDSU (7 if NDSU is 2, 8 if NDSU is 1) and sends SDSU to them first. Course we would just see the jacks a week later then.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2016, 09:15 AM
But they could really maximize bus routes if they gave the F'n Hawkers the seed that plays NDSU (7 if NDSU is 2, 8 if NDSU is 1) and sends SDSU to them first. Course we would just see the jacks a week later then.

Possible.

I think we'll being seeing the Jacks no matter how the rankings shake out. Its to bad because in '14, they could have been a NC team if not having to go thru Fargo.

But, bring them on.

X-Factor
November 11th, 2016, 09:15 AM

yes, I really do think a defensive game plan by Entz and Klieman would be better the 2nd time (I'm not saying that would result in fewer points, we got lucky with some goal line stands that may not always materialize). Our secondary has actually made big improvements over the season, and that helps to offset some of the load of losing the best tackle in FCS. We also have a ton of depth at the position, so its not like the backups are going to get run over. Bison feel comfortable with Morgan, Williams, and Darnell filling in. Williams and Darnell are young but all three are capable starters.

I would look forward to a rematch in the dome, because I suspect the Bison handle that one. EWU on the tampon turf would be toss up, however.

milleniumkat
November 11th, 2016, 01:53 PM

Did i say SDSU again? My bad

milleniumkat
November 11th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Defense....phhhbbbbbttt. This is 2016. Knute Rockne is gone. We throw the ball now.

What's funny to hear from Bison fans about their Championship defenses vs shsu in the past. They leave out that each of the last three meetings , they have also had the better QB. Jensen and The Ginger were way better than Bell and Johnson.

Now they may have the better D, but none of them will say they have the better QB than any team in the top 5-7. Btw, Shsu has its own Super Ginger signal caller....Frisco Briscoe Inferno!!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Defense....phhhbbbbbttt. This is 2016. Knute Rockne is gone. We throw the ball now.

What's funny to hear from Bison fans about their Championship defenses vs shsu in the past. They leave out that each of the last three meetings , they have also had the better QB. Jensen and The Ginger were way better than Bell and Johnson.

Now they may have the better D, but none of them will say they have the better QB than any team in the top 5-7. Btw, Shsu has its own Super Ginger signal caller....Frisco Briscoe Inferno!!!!

Ive watched a few highlights of JB and he is good. Our QB is definitely a better runner but his passing game right now is not comparable to JB's.

Defenses: NDSU is head and shoulders better than SHSU

Daytripper
November 11th, 2016, 02:51 PM
Ive watched a few highlights of JB and he is good. Our QB is definitely a better runner but his passing game right now is not comparable to JB's.

Our QB can't run at all.... Our O-line will determine whether we go all the way more than our defense.

milleniumkat
November 11th, 2016, 07:44 PM

No doubt. But in football history, you can look it up...it's the team with the better QB that wins far more often than the team with the better Defense. so when many point to the bison defense being the reason they have owned shsu, i came away del each game ire impressed with the Bison offense. Always diverse, misdirection mixed with power run. deep balls mixed with short yardage throws.

You can do that when you have the better QB. It will be fun to watch what happens when the better QB is on the Kats side for a change.
Then again, nothing may change. Hopefully we get the chance to see.

ElCid
November 11th, 2016, 07:58 PM
No doubt. But in football history, you can look it up...it's the team with the better QB that wins far more often than the team with the better Defense.

Better how? Passing? Rushing? Balanced? On par with their own offense? I guess you realize why I ask. This past week, we had one of the best passing QBs in FCS against us. Held him to almost 25% less than his average weekly pass output. Our QB had 107 yards combined passing and running. I know the triple option is its own animal and not comparable, but I think I would rather have an ace defense.

milleniumkat
November 11th, 2016, 07:59 PM
Better how? Passing? Rushing? Balanced? On par with their own offense? I guess you realize why I ask. This past week, we had one of the best passing QBs in FCS against us. Held him to almost 25% less than his average weekly pass output. Our QB had 107 yards combined passing and running. I know the triple option is its own animal and not comparable, but I think I would rather have an ace defense.

Just better. Period. I said more often, not always. I've spoken to those associated with sports betting who've stated that in football games, the team with the better QB usually garners favor due to historical wins vs losses. This is a fact.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2016, 09:34 PM
No doubt. But in football history, you can look it up...it's the team with the better QB that wins far more often than the team with the better Defense. so when many point to the bison defense being the reason they have owned shsu, i came away del each game ire impressed with the Bison offense. Always diverse, misdirection mixed with power run. deep balls mixed with short yardage throws.

You can do that when you have the better QB. It will be fun to watch what happens when the better QB is on the Kats side for a change.
Then again, nothing may change. Hopefully we get the chance to see.

The 1st NC game between NDSU/SHSU was a slugfest. Both teams had great defenses and it showed in the final score 17-6.

If SHSU had that defense this year, they would be hands down the favorite to win it all.

milleniumkat
November 13th, 2016, 05:18 AM
The 1st NC game between NDSU/SHSU was a slugfest. Both teams had great defenses and it showed in the final score 17-6.

If SHSU had that defense this year, they would be hands down the favorite to win it all.

Yes...because this year would be the first year we faced off with the better QB...Qb's win championships(assuming your defense isn't Hamburger Meat...which outs may be....time will tell) That's why Kleiman decided to insert Wentz in the NC even tho stick had not lost. He knew the defense alone wasn't enough to beat JSU. And he was right.

Twentysix
November 13th, 2016, 05:51 AM
Yes...because this year would be the first year we faced off with the better QB...Qb's win championships(assuming your defense isn't Hamburger Meat...which outs may be....time will tell) That's why Kleiman decided to insert Wentz in the NC even tho stick had not lost. He knew the defense alone wasn't enough to beat JSU. And he was right.

Did you even watch last years NC?

Stick would have rolled JSU too.

TennBison
November 13th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Just better. Period. I said more often, not always. I've spoken to those associated with sports betting who've stated that in football games, the team with the better QB usually garners favor due to historical wins vs losses. This is a fact.

Easton Stick is like 15-1 as a starter. Against more top 25 opponents than probably anyone in that time. And by many is not considered a very good all around QB(average passer at best/ pretty good runner) compared to the talent he has played against. So how does your theory account for that.

milleniumkat
November 13th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Did you even watch last years NC?

Stick would have rolled JSU too.

"Would have". But he didn't so well never know. "Stick" to the things that can be discussed.

milleniumkat
November 13th, 2016, 09:02 AM
Easton Stick is like 15-1 as a starter. Against more top 25 opponents than probably anyone in that time. And by many is not considered a very good all around QB(average passer/ pretty good runner) compared to the talent he has played against. So how does your theory account for that.

It's not a theory. Kleiman DID sub him. Everything you say to the contrary is speculation. Nothing more. And you guys haven't exactly been that impressed with Stick this far this season, but as soon as i point out the obvious you hopeless homers dive back on to the Stick bandwagon? lol. #Priceless.

So basically, YOU can point out his deficiencies but if the rest of us heathens do it, he becomes Brett Favre again?

#GotIt

#OkBro

FargoBison
November 13th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Stick is a lot like Brock, who fans at times also questioned.

TennBison
November 13th, 2016, 09:12 AM
It's not a theory. Kleiman DID sub him. Everything you say to the contrary is speculation. Nothing more. And you guys haven't exactly been that impressed with Stick this far this season, but as soon as i point out the obvious you hopeless homers dive back on to the Stick bandwagon? lol. #Priceless.

So basically, YOU can point out his deficiencies but if the rest of us heathers do it, he becomes Brett Favre again?

#GotIt

#OkBro

I never dove on the Stick bandwagon you dolt, I just proved your theory wrong about the better QB usually winning. Stick is not a Carson Wentz type QB, yet has a better record than CW. NDSU has won with better overall teams. You don't see any of our RBs rushing for 200 plus yards, our QBs don't have multiple 300Yd passing games (if at all). Receivers don't have 150 yards and 3 TDs. NDSU wins with stats per player that fall into the "a little bit better than average range". Defense is about the only constant at NDSU that has been at the top level of the league the last 6 years. And a offense that had been built on holding the ball.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2016, 09:17 AM

So basically, YOU can point out his deficiencies but if the rest of us heathens do it, he becomes Brett Favre again?

#GotIt

#OkBro

Game was well in hand, why risk injury??

Wasn't "subbed" for lackluster play.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2016, 09:19 AM
I never dove on the Stick bandwagon you dolt, I just proved your theory wrong about the better QB usually winning. Stick is not a Carson Wentz type QB, yet has a better record than CW. NDSU has won with better overall teams. You don't see any of our RBs rushing for 200 plus yards, our QBs don't have multiple 300Yd passing games (if at all). Receivers don't have 150 yards and 3 TDs. NDSU wins with stats per player that fall into the "a little bit better than average range". Defense is about the only constant at NDSU that has been at the top level of the league the last 6 years. And a offense that had been built on holding the ball.

Wentz had only 1 300 passing game IIRC.

All these teams that run the spread/read option video game offenses will always have QBs with gaudy numbers. I'll take Jensen and Stick and our NCs....xthumbsupx

milleniumkat
November 13th, 2016, 09:22 AM

You proved the theory of Better QB usually winning wrong? Over the entire history of football? Easton Stick has proven 100 years of data wrong?? An IM the dolt?

Look at the last 50 superbowls, it's almost always the top QB that wins. Almost.

Look at the top QBs in the NFL..Brady, Manning, Brees, Wilson, Rodgers...

There's your winners bro. lololol

Great job of proving that theory wrong. hahahahahahahhah

milleniumkat
November 13th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Game was well in hand, why risk injury??

Wasn't "subbed" for lackluster play.

No....I mean when the title game came up, undefeated Stick was sat on the bench for a healthy Wentz.

Remember when Brady got his start when the Patriots #1 went down to injury? he never came back ever even when he was healthy because the better qb was on the field. That was not the case for NDSU...hence

Wentz was better than Jenkins, but Stick was/is NOT.

MK wins again because you guys can't follow the topic. Not my fault.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2016, 09:26 AM
You proved the theory of Better QB usually winning wrong? Over the entire history of football? Easton Stick has proven 100 years of data wrong?? An IM the dolt?

Look at the last 50 superbowls, it's almost always the top QB that wins. Almost.

The NFL game is completely different compared to the college game. many different kinds of QBs can thrive in the college game....Tim Tebow

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2016, 09:27 AM
No....I mean when the title game came up, undefeated Stick was sat on the bench for a healthy Wentz.

Remember when Brady got his start when the Patriots #1 went down to injury? he never came back ever even when he was healthy because the better qb was on the field. That was not the case for NDSU...hence

Wentz was better than Jenkins, but Stick was/is NOT.

MK wins again because you guys can't follow the topic. Not my fault.

Wentz should have started. Senior and leader of the offense.

McNeese75
November 13th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Comparing College to Pro football? Now that is a weak argument.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

TennBison
November 13th, 2016, 09:59 AM

Of course you are wrong. Easton Stick is not a top rated QB by any of his stats (except for winning percentage). Show me anywhere in the statistics that Stick is a top QB. You will not find it. Show me any game where you can point to it and say Stick put that game on his back and carried the team to victory because HE willed it. Not going to find one. A very good unified team can and does erase any top QB in your "Better QB usually wins the game" theory. NDSU last year and so far this year have proven that, by beating most any team that has a QB that is rated better than Stick. Many will say Stick has the "it" factor going for him. Brock Jensen was that way and was probably the best ever at it in all of college football. Stick at this point in his career is basically being asked to just not lose the game, next year he will take on more responsibilities and have a chance to prove himself more.

milleniumkat
November 13th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Of course you are wrong. Easton Stick is not a top rated QB by any of his stats (except for winning percentage). Show me anywhere in the statistics that Stick is a top QB. You will not find it. Show me any game where you can point to it and say Stick put that game on his back and carried the team to victory because HE willed it. Not going to find one. A very good unified team can and does erase any top QB in your "Better QB usually wins the game" theory. NDSU last year and so far this year have proven that, by beating most any team that has a QB that is rated better than Stick. Many will say Stick has the "it" factor going for him. Brock Jensen was that way and was probably the best ever at it in all of college football. Stick at this point in his career is basically being asked to just not lose the game, next year he will take on more responsibilities and have a chance to prove himself more.

lolol. Yeah. Me and 50 years of Vegas Betting houses are all wrong. lololol. #Priceless.

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2016, 11:03 AM
lolol. Yeah. Me and 50 years of Vegas Betting houses are all wrong. lololol. #Priceless.

Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, Jim McMahon, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson? Again, arguing Pro VS College is a joke, complete joke but here are 5 consensus jokes of a QB who won a SB. I feel like I could get to 10. I say all of this as a Ravens fan and I am dissing my own QBs.

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2016, 11:11 AM

Your argument holds no water when it comes to the college game. In the NFL you're right but we're not talking NFL. Just look at the QBs who've won the Payton award over the last 10 seasons.

2014: John Robertson - Villanova - lost in the quarterfinals (he was injured but you might've heard of the team that beat them)
2013: Jimmy Garappolo - Eastern Illinois - lost in the quarterfinals
2012: Taylor Heinecke - Old Dominion - lost in the quarterfinals
2011: Bo Levi Mitchell - Eastern Washington - didn't even make the playoffs
2010: Jeremy Moses - Stephen F Austin - lost their first playoff game
2009: Armanti Edwards - Appalachian St - lost in the semifinals
2008: Armanti Edwards - Appalachian St - lost in the quarterfinals
2007: Jayson Foster - Georgia Southern - didn't even make the playoffs
2006: Ricky Santos - New Hampshire - lost in the quarterfinals

The point is a good QB can only get you so far at the FCS level... there's a lot more that goes into being a championship team.

Bison56
November 13th, 2016, 11:51 AM

You're special xholyx

semobison
November 13th, 2016, 12:10 PM

I can tell you this much. The number one reason NDSU has won 5 in a row is because our guys up front were better than the competition. Football games are still mostly won or lost in the trenches....period!

milleniumkat
November 13th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Joe Flacco, Trent Dilfer, Jim McMahon, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson? Again, arguing Pro VS College is a joke, complete joke but here are 5 consensus jokes of a QB who won a SB. I feel like I could get to 10. I say all of this as a Ravens fan and I am dissing my own QBs.

yesssss!!! Thank you!! 5/50. hahahahahaahaahahhahahbababbabaabbahahahahahhahaha hahahhahahahaha

milleniumkat
November 13th, 2016, 01:06 PM
I can tell you this much. The number one reason NDSU has won 5 in a row is because our guys up front were better than the competition. Football games are still mostly won or lost in the trenches....period!

Riiiiiiggghhttt. Sure seemed like JSU was getting pressure but Wentz kept making play after play despite it. He's in the league, Jenkins will never be.

Game. Set. Match.

milleniumkat
November 13th, 2016, 01:09 PM

Not according to 50 years of championship results. New England had had undersized, under talented lines for years...but they have Brady. Other teams have better WR, RB, defense etc...BUT THEY DONT HAVE BRADY! You keep believing that.

Just this year you saw it. You have a better D than sdsu, but their QB is way ahead of Stiffler in every way. Game Over!!

FargoBison
November 13th, 2016, 01:27 PM
This is college football...how many elite QBs has Bama had?

semobison
November 13th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Riiiiiiggghhttt. Sure seemed like JSU was getting pressure but Wentz kept making play after play despite it. He's in the league, Jenkins will never be.

Game. Set. Match.

Obviously you didn't watch that game. NDSU won because they held JSU to 204 yards, 10 points, and less than 20 minutes of TOP. Domination at the line of scrimmage!
How did Sammy do? At least you held them in the low 60's...points that is!

JSUSoutherner
November 13th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Obviously you didn't watch that game. NDSU won because they held JSU to 204 yards, 10 points, and less than 20 minutes of TOP. Domination at the line of scrimmage!
This.

Wentz didn't hold us to 10 points, the defense did. And Jenkins 2015 > Briscoe 2016

Bison56
November 13th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Not according to 50 years of championship results. New England had had undersized, under talented lines for years...but they have Brady. Other teams have better WR, RB, defense etc...BUT THEY DONT HAVE BRADY! You keep believing that.

Just this year you saw it. You have a better D than sdsu, but their QB is way ahead of Stiffler in every way. Game Over!!

Just when I think you couldn't be any more stupid with your posts, you go ahead and post this and prove me wrong.

Redbird007
November 13th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Just when I think you couldn't be any more stupid with your posts, you go ahead and post this and prove me wrong.

LOL ... and I am sure MK will soon (next post) prove you wrong again as he has no football intelligence.

milleniumkat
November 13th, 2016, 02:52 PM

Nothing false. Look it up.

NDSUtk
November 13th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Nothing false. Look it up.

I tried multiple Google searches. I'm usually not too internet incompetent, but I am struggling. Can you post some research article you found on this? I'm interested to read the details behind it.

milleniumkat
November 13th, 2016, 04:44 PM
I tried multiple Google searches. I'm usually not too internet incompetent, but I am struggling. Can you post some research article you found on this? I'm interested to read the details behind it.

Wiki search NFL and College champions. It's easy. It's science

JSUSoutherner
November 13th, 2016, 05:04 PM

College Champions? Let's go since 2008 shall we?

FBS Level: (Since the FCS has already been mentioned)
2016: Mediocre Bama QB
2015: Mediocre OSU QB
2014: Winston
2013: Mediocre Bama QB
2012: Mediocre Bama QB
2011: Cam
2010: Mediocre Bama QB
2009: Tebow
2008: Mediocre LSU QB

Now let's look at the last 5 Super Bowls even though comparing College and Pro Football is idiotic.

50: Cam Newton lost (Peyton Manning sucked last year Cam was by far the better QB last year)
49: Two good QBs (Defense won that game, not Tom Brady.)
48: Peyton Manning Lost (Russel Wilson) Another matchup with two good QBs however the Seahawks defense manhandled the Broncos.
47: Flacco (Meh. Ray Lewis and the defense won that game anyway)
46: Tom Brady lost (Eli Manning)
45: Two Good QB's (Rodgers and Big Ben) Hard to say the better QB was the factor. Both are going to Canton but GB's defense was the deciding factor.

Remember, the saying is "Defenses win championships" not quarterbacks.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 13th, 2016, 05:09 PM

xlolx

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2016, 05:32 PM
College Champions? Let's go since 2008 shall we?

FBS Level: (Since the FCS has already been mentioned)
2016: Mediocre Bama QB
2015: Mediocre OSU QB
2014: Winston
2013: Mediocre Bama QB
2012: Mediocre Bama QB
2011: Cam
2010: Mediocre Bama QB
2009: Tebow
2008: Mediocre LSU QB

Now let's look at the last 5 Super Bowls even though comparing College and Pro Football is idiotic.

50: Cam Newton lost (Peyton Manning sucked last year Cam was by far the better QB last year)
49: Two good QBs (Defense won that game, not Tom Brady.)
48: Peyton Manning Lost (Russel Wilson) Another matchup with two good QBs however the Seahawks defense manhandled the Broncos.
47: Flacco (Meh. Ray Lewis and the defense won that game anyway)
46: Tom Brady lost (Eli Manning)
45: Two Good QB's (Rodgers and Big Ben) Hard to say the better QB was the factor. Both are going to Canton but GB's defense was the deciding factor.

Remember, the saying is "Defenses win championships" not quarterbacks.

I am a die hard Ravens fan but you are being to kind saying he is meh. That defense was lights out (pun intended from the "power outage" that slowed down the Ravens momentum but they still won) and Flacco had arguably the best playoff run for a QB ever, but outside that, he was and still is, a game manager. I wish Ozzie would have never given him that god awful contract and reallocate to keep key players on the defense, but as we say #InOzzieWeTrust

milleniumkat
November 13th, 2016, 05:43 PM
^^^^^All credibility lost.

I can't in good faith take even one small bit of band width to continue a conversion about any other position aside from QB being the biggest determining factor that decides football games.

Why don't we discuss the flatness of the Earth or our special orbiting Sun. Sheesh.

milleniumkat
November 13th, 2016, 05:44 PM
All of the above numbers points are all inaccurate and a joke.

Hammerhead
November 13th, 2016, 06:10 PM
Joe Heag (offensive lineman) was back in Fargo on the Colts bye week and said they knew after the first drive that NDSU was going to win the championship drive because JSU wasn't physical enough.

This.

Wentz didn't hold us to 10 points, the defense did. And Jenkins 2015 > Briscoe 2016

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2016, 06:13 PM
^^^^^All credibility lost.

I can't in good faith take even one small bit of band width to continue a conversion about any other position aside from QB being the biggest determining factor that decides football games.

Why don't we discuss the flatness of the Earth or our special orbiting Sun. Sheesh.

2000 Ravens ring a bell? When Trent Dilfer is your starting QB, things will not end well unless you have the best defense ever constructed. If you want to have as much knowledge on football as The Czar and Chattown, keep spewing crap, otherwise, try and have a civil discussion and accept that you are wrong. Anyone who knows anything about the Ravens, knows that they have only ever had game managers, not All-Pros

JSUSoutherner
November 13th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Joe Heag (offensive lineman) was back in Fargo on the Colts bye week and said they knew after the first drive that NDSU was going to win the championship drive because JSU wasn't physical enough.
I think that issue was addressed in the offseason. Defensively we are much tougher and more physical, especially up front. Our rushing game also gained a smash mouth element with Josh Clemons in the backfield. It will be interesting to see how we stack up against you guys in the playoffs this year.

Twentysix
November 13th, 2016, 06:19 PM
I think that issue was addressed in the offseason. Defensively we are much tougher and more physical, especially up front. Our rushing game also gained a smash mouth element with Josh Clemons in the backfield. It will be interesting to see how we stack up against you guys in the playoffs this year.

We aren't the same team. That being said we are still really good.

NDSUtk
November 13th, 2016, 08:07 PM

Oh, so it's not actually science and there isn't any formal research done on this? Damn. Here I thought you had something.

So I guess I will do my own research. I'm not sure how you determine "best" QB, but I went with quarterback rating since that stat is commonly used. Figured that would be a good starting point. And of course, there is always just simply looking at the names to see how they did.

I looked at the NFL since 2000. (I know you said 50 years, and maybe the 34 prior years were drastically different than the most recent 16...I'll let you do that research.)
-12 of the 16 years (75%), the "best" QB didn't even make the super bowl. I will admit that each year the "best" QB did make the playoffs at least. But most often (to use your own words) they actually lose in the Divisional Playoff Round (10 of 16 or 62.5%).
-2 of 16 years the "best" QB won the Super Bowl - that's 12.5% of the time. Far from "most often" you earlier stated.
-Perhaps you meant head to head the better QB "most often" wins? Obviously I wasn't able to look at every game for that stat, but let's just look at the Super Bowl. 6 of 16 times the "best" QB in the Super Bowl won the game - that's 37.5% of the time, also not "most often".

I guess I'm saying, I don't see any "science" or even the semblance of a fact to backup your claim. Could you provide any other than saying "it's a science" and providing your own opinion? You're starting to sound a lot like Lakes. So with that, I'll just leave you with these two words: Frisco Cruiser Bus.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23853&stc=1

milleniumkat
November 13th, 2016, 08:09 PM
You guys are simply too much fun.

"I'm already inside you"

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2016, 08:23 PM
You guys are simply too much fun.

"I'm already inside you"

So since you got called out for your continuous bull ****, you are now trying to play it off as a trolling attempt. Weak.

McNeese72
November 13th, 2016, 08:42 PM

^^^^^
THIS!!!!

Doc

Thumper 76
November 13th, 2016, 09:29 PM
So since you got called out for your continuous bull ****, you are now trying to play it off as a trolling attempt. Weak.

He's been doing this since he came on here. That or he ignores being called out. I'm waiting for his reasons that JSUSoutherners posts was so inaccurate besides "cause mk managed to type a sentence"

TheKingpin28
November 13th, 2016, 09:30 PM
He's been doing this since he came on here. That or he ignores being called out. I'm waiting for his reasons that JSUSoutherners posts was so inaccurate besides "cause mk managed to type a sentence"

I just do not get how delusional people can be. inb4thumper76goesoff

Are we, as in AGS, 100% sure he is not related to Chattown?

JSUSoutherner
November 13th, 2016, 09:52 PM
I just do not get how delusional people can be. inb4thumper76goesoff

Are we, as in AGS, 100% sure he is not related to Chattown?
Well if he disappears after UCA wins this weekend, we'll know.

Sammy94
November 14th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Well if he disappears after UCA wins this weekend, we'll know.

I guess you missed that game they struggled with on Sat? Against cupcake Nicholls of all teams.xthumbsupx If Nicholls can pass for 340 and rack up 470 total yards on that D, I can't wait to see what Briscoe and Co. can do to it. Should be a fun one.

Daytripper
November 14th, 2016, 08:14 AM

I agree with this statement. Skill position talent can take you far, but dominance in the trenches will likely mitigate the talent advantage.

Mayville Bison
November 14th, 2016, 08:31 AM
All of the above numbers points are all inaccurate and a joke.

I thought we moved on from talking about Sammy's schedule....

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Well, I will say that Jeremiah Briscoe is almost a shoe-in for the Payton Award and the last time a Payton Award winning QB won the national title in the same year that he won the award was Dave Dickenson for Montana in 1995. Since then they're 0 for 12.

Daytripper
November 14th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Well, I will say that Jeremiah Briscoe is almost a shoe-in for the Payton Award and the last time a Payton Award winning QB won the national title in the same year that he won the award was Dave Dickenson for Montana in 1995. Since then they're 0 for 12.

Well, it's about damn time!! xhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayxxhurrayx

kalm
November 14th, 2016, 09:05 AM

I think you're right but Gubrud and Kupp both deserve consideration. Kupp still leads in yards, is second in receptions, and is two back in touchdowns (his team mate Shaq Hill is tied for the lead and Kendrick Bourne has also vultured catches and TD's). All this while missing a game and a half and being double teamed all season. Oh...and he's also gone 5-6 passing for 135 yards and two touchdowns, and returned a punt for another.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2016, 10:20 AM
I think you're right but Gubrud and Kupp both deserve consideration. Kupp still leads in yards, is second in receptions, and is two back in touchdowns (his team mate Shaq Hill is tied for the lead and Kendrick Bourne has also vultured catches and TD's). All this while missing a game and a half and being double teamed all season. Oh...and he's also gone 5-6 passing for 135 yards and two touchdowns, and returned a punt for another.
Yeah, I think Kupp winning it last year actually hurts his chances this year. Gubrud has a stronger argument IMO. I guess I shouldn't say Briscoe is a shoe-in, he's got his biggest test of the year coming this Saturday and could have his "Payton moment" or he could open the door slightly for someone like Gubrud.

kalm
November 14th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I think Kupp winning it last year actually hurts his chances this year. Gubrud has a stronger argument IMO. I guess I shouldn't say Briscoe is a shoe-in, he's got his biggest test of the year coming this Saturday and could have his "Payton moment" or he could open the door slightly for someone like Gubrud.

If you consider Gubrud's rushing, he's way ahead in total yards and 4 behind in TD's.

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2016, 11:19 AM
If you consider Gubrud's rushing, he's way ahead in total yards and 4 behind in TD's.
And actually played teams that weren't trash.

Bison56
November 14th, 2016, 11:36 AM
And actually played teams that weren't trash.

Like OVC teams?xnodx

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2016, 11:38 AM
Like OVC teams?xnodx
I mean our D2 opponent is better than anyone Sammy has played this far, so yeah, sure.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2016, 11:41 AM
True but he's also thrown the ball more than Briscoe has. Briscoe is averaging 10 yards per attempt which is a ridiculous pace to keep up over the course of an entire season. I think Gubrud will have a hard time stacking up unless Briscoe has a poor game against UCA.

The Pud
November 14th, 2016, 11:49 AM
I mean our D2 opponent is better than anyone Sammy has played this far, so yeah, sure.

I think you meant that your D2 opponent is better than anyone in the OVC you played.

xthumbsupx

clawman
November 14th, 2016, 11:50 AM

Ironic, how many TD's has Cooper thrown that could have been Gage's?

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2016, 11:50 AM
I think you meant that your D2 opponent is better than anyone in the OVC you played.

xthumbsupx
Both.

Ironic, how many TD's has Cooper thrown that could have been Gage's?

The Pud
November 14th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Both.

fair enough.............I have to admit you are right.

NDSUtk
November 20th, 2016, 08:51 PM
I've been lurking on Twitter and on this board.

There certainly have been a lot of guys coming off as jerks from both sides of the coin, but let's lay out the facts.

Yes, the Southland Conference is probably as bad as it's been in the last decade.

Yes, playing nine league games when the league is this bad hurts the strength of schedule for most of the league schools. And quite frankly, I'm really agitated with the Southland's scheduling too. If I criticized a 'nine-game mandate' when the SWAC was doing it, I can certainly be critical when the Southland is doing it!

Yes, it would have been better if SHSU was able to play that New Mexico game instead of having to buy a game against Oklahoma Panhandle State of the Div II ranks. Though let's all applaud SHSU for upcoming games vs Richmond (at SHSU), home-and-home with North Dakota.

And yes, we really do not know what SHSU would do against the perceived 'heavyweights' of FCS so everyone here has the argument that the Bearkats are 'overrated' until proven otherwise.

However...

At the end of it all...

And clearly based off the first release of the committee's rankings...

If Sam Houston State is 11-0, there is no way the committee will slot them lower than a No. 2 seed.

You can make all sorts of arguments you want, but do you honestly think the committee will do something different? Do you think the committee would make Sam Houston State leave Bowers Stadium?

Oops.

CappinHard
November 20th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Oops.

Yeah, but the committee's first rankings though!!! xlolx

Bisonoline
November 20th, 2016, 09:38 PM
I've been lurking on Twitter and on this board.

There certainly have been a lot of guys coming off as jerks from both sides of the coin, but let's lay out the facts.

Yes, the Southland Conference is probably as bad as it's been in the last decade.

Yes, playing nine league games when the league is this bad hurts the strength of schedule for most of the league schools. And quite frankly, I'm really agitated with the Southland's scheduling too. If I criticized a 'nine-game mandate' when the SWAC was doing it, I can certainly be critical when the Southland is doing it!

Yes, it would have been better if SHSU was able to play that New Mexico game instead of having to buy a game against Oklahoma Panhandle State of the Div II ranks. Though let's all applaud SHSU for upcoming games vs Richmond (at SHSU), home-and-home with North Dakota.

And yes, we really do not know what SHSU would do against the perceived 'heavyweights' of FCS so everyone here has the argument that the Bearkats are 'overrated' until proven otherwise.

However...

At the end of it all...

And clearly based off the first release of the committee's rankings...

If Sam Houston State is 11-0, there is no way the committee will slot them lower than a No. 2 seed.

You can make all sorts of arguments you want, but do you honestly think the committee will do something different? Do you think the committee would make Sam Houston State leave Bowers Stadium?

xthumbsupx

TheRevSFA
November 20th, 2016, 09:39 PM
I will say that I do appreciate TT's moxie

Daytripper
November 20th, 2016, 09:42 PM
I will say that I do appreciate TT's moxie

His prediction may not have been correct, but in the spirit of football reality he is right. SHSU and EWU in Frisco.

- - - Updated - - -

His prediction may not have been correct, but in the spirit of football reality he is right. SHSU and EWU in Frisco.

And over/under somewhere about 120.

TheRevSFA
November 20th, 2016, 09:43 PM

- - - Updated - - -

And over/under somewhere about 120.

Want to wager on that?

Daytripper
November 20th, 2016, 09:46 PM
Want to wager on that?

Winner picks up the tab at the Poop Deck?

Longhorn
November 20th, 2016, 09:47 PM

To quote another Texan by the name of Perry..."Oops"

TheRevSFA
November 20th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Winner picks up the tab at the Poop Deck?

I can think of much better bars than that.

That is actually walking distance of my house though

Daytripper
November 20th, 2016, 09:58 PM
I can think of much better bars than that.

That is actually walking distance of my house though

We don't need a bet. Next time I am in Galveston after the playoffs, I will let you know. Gotta have a cocktail with you, brother!

TheRevSFA
November 20th, 2016, 09:58 PM
We don't need a bet. Next time I am in Galveston after the playoffs, I will let you know. Gotta have a cocktail with you, brother!

Most definitely

Nickels
November 20th, 2016, 11:04 PM
Most definitely
You guys can chat about safe spaces, the success of Obamacare and Islamophobia.

centraljerseycat
November 21st, 2016, 08:02 AM
The committee blew it with a 6-5 Illinois State but nailed it by giving Shades a 5 seed. The Southland Conference was down and KC as he did at Delaware for a decade played a lame out of conference schedule. I doubt it knowing his history but maybe this will force him to play an FBS school and a Big Sky school in the future.

Sammy94
November 21st, 2016, 08:49 AM
The committee blew it with a 6-5 Illinois State but nailed it by giving Shades a 5 seed. The Southland Conference was down and KC as he did at Delaware for a decade played a lame out of conference schedule. I doubt it knowing his history but maybe this will force him to play an FBS school and a Big Sky school in the future.

If you paid any attention you know our FBS school chickened out and dropped us for a weaker FCS school at the last minute this season. Plus we love playing Big Sky schools and have one on our future schedule along with CAA.

slostang
November 21st, 2016, 09:57 AM
If you paid any attention you know our FBS school chickened out and dropped us for a weaker FCS school at the last minute this season. Plus we love playing Big Sky schools and have one on our future schedule along with CAA.Which Big Sky team are you playing? I would love Cal Poly to sign a home and home with SHSU.

deez_na
November 21st, 2016, 09:59 AM
So much for that 2 seed

TheRevSFA
November 21st, 2016, 10:00 AM
Which Big Sky team are you playing? I would love Cal Poly to sign a home and home with SHSU.

North Dakota. Soon to be MVFC I heard xnodx

Sam_Kats
November 21st, 2016, 10:10 AM
Sam - Cal Poly would be a great home/home. I totally agree.

Katfan
November 22nd, 2016, 08:08 PM
Sam - Cal Poly would be a great home/home. I totally agree.
That would be an awesome away game. I'd definitely make the trip. Love the area.