PDA

View Full Version : SIU vs YSU

ysubigred
November 7th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Should be a thriller xeyebrowx

clenz
November 7th, 2016, 08:57 AM
YSU might actually score points
SIU might actually stop someone from scoring.

Interesting match up

Bisonator
November 7th, 2016, 09:39 AM
YSU might actually score points
SIU might actually stop someone from scoring.

Interesting match up
I like YSU's chances. I was shocked to see a new "friendlier" side of Bo this weekend. He didn't make any refs cry. Apparently the tranquilizers are helping. xlolx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 7th, 2016, 09:50 AM
I'll know tomorrow if I'll be in attendance!

ysubigred
November 7th, 2016, 10:33 AM
I had this game penciled in to show up for xbawlingx I can't take a chance,, I'm 0-7 in the games I came back for xsmhx YSU can't afford to lose another one.

clenz
November 7th, 2016, 10:43 AM
I'm pulling for SIU simply because while I don't think UNI is a playoff team there is an outside shot hat UNI could finish third in the MVFC at6-5 just like WIU last year

ysubigred
November 8th, 2016, 08:03 AM
I'm pulling for SIU simply because while I don't think UNI is a playoff team there is an outside shot hat UNI could finish third in the MVFC at6-5 just like WIU last year

Bull****!! You hate Tressel :D

Paladin1aa
November 8th, 2016, 10:23 AM
I'll pick YSU, but I'm nervous doing it. Wells showed how fumble prone he is and able to throw INTs with just a little pressure. He is no better now than 2 years ago when I told everyone on the other board that he had issues and wouldn't start for 4 years because of his deficits. And he got hit and hurt. YSU's bankruptcy at QB means anything is possible.

Next, everyone believes you can count of YSU's D to bail them out. Its late in the season and everyone knows each others strengths and how to exploit them. SIU threw out a new Soph. QB who lit it up last game. Bad sign.

The Yo Show
November 10th, 2016, 04:14 PM
I hope YSU pulls it out. Would be nice to win these last two games.

underdawg
November 10th, 2016, 07:03 PM
A good test for new Soph QB Sam Straub who at 6-4 235 pounds can get yards on the ground too (68 last week). I still don't know if our OL can keep YSU's DL off of him enough that he can throw down field--If we can do that, well, we might have a chance. I feel sorry for one time starter Josh Straughan who didn't go anything wrong with 2424 yards in eight games, but guess Coach Hill wanted to see how Straub does under fire for next year.

Also, SIU gets back starting RB Daquan Isom who's been out with a hamstring injury for last four games

Houndawg
November 11th, 2016, 11:21 AM
A good test for new Soph QB Sam Straub who at 6-4 235 pounds can get yards on the ground too (68 last week). I still don't know if our OL can keep YSU's DL off of him enough that he can throw down field--If we can do that, well, we might have a chance. I feel sorry for one time starter Josh Straughan who didn't go anything wrong with 2424 yards in eight games, but guess Coach Hill wanted to see how Straub does under fire for next year.

Also, SIU gets back starting RB Daquan Isom who's been out with a hamstring injury for last four games

Maybe he he just figured a bigger QB like Straub can take the pounding better. Straughn has been running for his life all year

Houndawg
November 11th, 2016, 11:24 AM
I hope YSU pulls it out. Would be nice to win these last two games.

I think this will be one of those games that doesn't fit the conventional wisdom. Like YSU winning a shoot out 42-38 or SIU winning a smash mouth 14-10.

RabidRabbit
November 11th, 2016, 11:53 AM
SIU strong offense vs strong YSU defense, and toothless SIU D vs. leaderless YSU offense. Very interesting match-up.

skinny_uncle
November 12th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Tied at 14 in the fourth.

skinny_uncle
November 12th, 2016, 01:55 PM
YSU 21 SIU 14 with about 5 minutes left.

skinny_uncle
November 12th, 2016, 02:19 PM
YSU wins 21-14 after the Dawgs get stopped at the Penguin 5 yard line.

ytownchief22
November 12th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Offense played better, thankful for the W.

underdawg
November 12th, 2016, 08:27 PM
we're 7-0 in moral victories---close but not even a cigar

underdawg
November 12th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Sam Straub our back-up had 366 yards passing--and is line to get 1000 yards passing in THREE games

underdawg
November 12th, 2016, 08:38 PM
Maybe he he just figured a bigger QB like Straub can take the pounding better. Straughn has been running for his life all year

I'd have to review all of Straughan's starts to see if it was something he was doing to get sacked or the O Line has improved that much--probably a bit of both. I have a feeling Hill will still bring in a transfer QB anyway this spring even though Straub is playing well

Daved
November 12th, 2016, 10:03 PM
Bull****!! You hate Tressel :DYep as well as all things Younstown---including those thousands of invisible fans.

Daved
November 12th, 2016, 10:06 PM
I'd have to review all of Straughan's starts to see if it was something he was doing to get sacked or the O Line has improved that much--probably a bit of both. I have a feeling Hill will still bring in a transfer QB anyway this spring even though Straub is playing wellWow---would love to have Straub here.