PDA

View Full Version : Selection Committee's Top 10 - 11-3-16

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

BEAR
November 4th, 2016, 04:02 PM
FIDDY PAGES...AND THE DEBATE STILL RAGES! xlolx

deez_na
November 4th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Sorry but I dislike this list. As stated more than once, how is NDSU #4. Yeah I'm biased but SOS should matter more than this and apparently head to head with Eastern Washington means jack squat. SHSU at #2? Somebody needs to pass the pipe around.

ElCid
November 4th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Good news. I bombed. Yayyyyy.

Crap. Sorry. If it makes you feel any better I just spent 3 hours in a nasty, dusty garage. My back hurts, my brain hurts. We moved 5 month ago and the house still isn't in order yet.

UNIFanSince1983
November 4th, 2016, 04:18 PM
FIDDY PAGES...AND THE DEBATE STILL RAGES! xlolx

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xHi4t2UsuIY9QA/giphy.gif

centennial
November 4th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Here is an interview from Bison 1660 am with NCAA FCS playoff chair Brian Hutchinson (Morehead State Athletic Director).

https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/morehead-state-ad-and-fcs-committee-chair-brian-hutchinson-nov-4-2016

Dewey

This link was just presented on this thread earlier. So much backtracking, and politician speak. Made no coherent arguments, and talked around issues. Bravo.

Thumper 76
November 4th, 2016, 04:28 PM
Again, I think it's the best just a bit overrated outside of NDSU.

The CAA has 2 FBS wins & 1 P5 win. I would love to see Richmond, JMU, Villanova square off against SDSU, WIU, Youngstown State or whomever to prove it on the field, but that's not happening in regionalization nor is any more likely in regular season play after this top 10 list was announced.

This is pretty fair IMHO.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Listened to the committee chair at noon on 1660.

Sounds like the committee half-assed it when it came to this ranking. If you are going to do it, do it right from the start. Really interesting to hear him say that tough OOC games mattered then say that score differential was also in play....xeyebrowx

But he did say that this is fluid and could definitely change but if the playoffs were today this would be the seeds...xthumbsdownx

A lot of gibberish and nonsense when confronted by the Bison talk show hosts about why Sammy over the Citadel since the Citadel has a better resume. Then more gibberish when asked why should teams like NDSU even schedule tough OOC games when they can pad their record with 3 cupcakes.

Basically, the committee totally half-assed this process to come up with this 1st ranking. Hopefully they do better in the coming weeks.

semobison
November 4th, 2016, 04:43 PM

The CAA has 2 FBS wins & 1 P5 win. I would love to see Richmond, JMU, Villanova square off against SDSU, WIU, Youngstown State or whomever to prove it on the field, but that's not happening in regionalization nor is any more likely in regular season play after this top 10 list was announced.

Thats funny! The MVFC has 4 FBS wins this year. Two were by teams with losing conference records and they were against the Big 10 and Big 12.... That being said, the Valley might be down a little this year but our 6-9 teams are capable of beating our1-4 team any given Saturday and it wouldn't be a surprising upset.

Gangtackle11
November 4th, 2016, 04:45 PM

Sounds like the committee half-assed it when it came to this ranking. If you are going to do it, do it right from the start. Really interesting to hear him say that tough OOC games mattered then say that score differential was also in play....xeyebrowx

But he did say that this is fluid and could definitely change but if the playoffs were today this would be the seeds...xthumbsdownx

A lot of gibberish and nonsense when confronted by the Bison talk show hosts about why Sammy over the Citadel since the Citadel has a better resume. Then more gibberish when asked why should teams like NDSU even schedule tough OOC games when they can pad their record with 3 cupcakes.

Basically, the committee totally half-assed this process to come up with this 1st ranking. Hopefully they do better in the coming weeks.

Listening to that tells me they have no clue what they are doing or he's sending up the biggest smokescreen. Why not just list the 10 programs in alphabetical order for the 1st week? That would create interest in the FCS community & not subject the committee to being held to a ranking that doesn't appear to be even close to what it may be when finalized. Nice try, but missed wide right!

Gangtackle11
November 4th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Thats funny! The MVFC has 4 FBS wins this year. Two were by teams with losing conference records and they were against the Big 10 and Big 12.... That being said, the Valley might be down a little this year but our 6-9 teams are capable of beating our1-4 team any given Saturday and it wouldn't be a surprising upset.

I didn't say the CAA was better in any commentary. I included the record for comparison. I wrote repeatedly that the MVFC is the top conference, but not the end of all you guys think it is. You ride the back of the Bison mostly.

Reading is fundamental. Try it sometime. A SEMO Bison is that a cross between a jackass & Bison?

dewey
November 4th, 2016, 04:46 PM

The funny thing is at the 13:30 mark he says that the seeds may be different than the final seedings.

At 15:00 the question was asked about scheduling as long as you win the games.
His answer was very wishy washy.

He won't divulge his top 4. Apparently not the correct time for that discussion.

He was asked about SHSU and The Citadel and asked why The Citadel isn't the same.
He rambled about 9 conference games. The value is that they are 8-0 and averaging a lot of points and MOV.

The questions was asked about MOV, who you play and all pieces of data. All part of what is considered. He mentions are the teams dominant.

The question was asked about league strength.
He answered about the MVFC is really deep and other leagues aren't as deep. There is nothing you can do about schedule for the league (thank you captain obvious).

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Listening to that tells me they have no clue what they are doing or he's sending up the biggest smokescreen. Why not just list the 10 programs in alphabetical order for the 1st week? That would create interest in the FCS community & not subject the committee to being held to a ranking that doesn't appear to be even close to what it may be when finalized. Nice try, but missed wide right!

For me, it is great they have some type of transparency but they are not following their own guidelines they said they were going to follow.....xeyebrowx

In the ADs defense, he did say that when it comes time to select the teams, all of them will take the time to rank the most deserving teams on how they have performed this year. But if the playoffs were today this would be the ranking!......:(

He said on that same show that tough OOC games would be weighed heavily this year and teams would be rewarded.

IMO, the big thousand pound gorilla in the room for all of these ADs on the committee is Bison "fatigue" and that will never be acknowledged by them. NDSU has by far the best resume on any team (EWU might be close) and they are ranked #4 right now......now, things might change but do it right from the start.

Gangtackle11
November 4th, 2016, 04:54 PM
For me, it is great they have some type of transparency but they are not following their own guidelines they said they were going to follow.....xeyebrowx

In the ADs defense, he did say that when it comes time to select the teams, all of them will take the time to rank the most deserving teams on how they have performed this year. But if the playoffs were today this would be the ranking!......:(

He said on that same show that tough OOC games would be weighed heavily this year and teams would be rewarded.

IMO, the big thousand pound gorilla in the room for all of these ADs on the committee is Bison "fatigue" and that will never be acknowledged by them. NDSU has by far the best resume on any team (EWU might be close) and they are ranked #4 right now......now, things might change but do it right from the start.

Sounded like a sincere guy, but I question an AD that sent his football team to JMU for an 80-7 trouncing to open the season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 04:54 PM
The funny thing is at the 13:30 mark he says that the seeds may be different than the final seedings.

At 15:00 the question was asked about scheduling as long as you win the games. His answer was very wishy washy.

He won't divulge his top 4. Apparently not the correct time for that discussion.

He was asked about SHSU and The Citadel and asked why The Citadel isn't the same. He rambled about 9 conference games. The value is that they are 8-0 and averaging a lot of points and MOV.

The questions was asked about MOV, who you play and all pieces of data. All part of what is considered. He mentions are the teams dominant.

Dewey

But if the playoffs were today, this would be the seeding!

He acknowledged that they didn't put the time into it.....WTF!

Well, all the Bison can do is win out and go from there. #4 seed means an away game for the semis, if they make it that far.

Looking at the resumes of all the top 4 teams, no one is close to NDSU (EWU might be close). It was really interesting to hear the chair say "they were really close" when asked why EWU was ahead of NDSU even though they lost to them....big head scratcher there for me...

dewey
November 4th, 2016, 04:55 PM
To me after listening to the interview that they were not ready to rank the teams and did a half ass job so far.

Dewey

Gangtackle11
November 4th, 2016, 04:59 PM
To me after listening to the interview that they were not ready to rank the teams and did a half ass job so far.

Dewey
That is it in a nutshell.

"Failure to prepare is preparing to fail!"

Bisonwinagn
November 4th, 2016, 05:00 PM
The interview was the most despicable thing I've ever heard. He flat out admitted they haven't vetted any of these teams yet and have not had any group discussions about them. The rankings were only a poll similar to STATS or the coaches poll. What an absolute disgrace an insult to FCS football. This was nothing more than a gimmick and this idiot needs to resign from the committee for being stupid. Could you imagine if the FBS simply did a poll and released the ranking without any vetting of the teams..

Bison56
November 4th, 2016, 05:00 PM

Dewey
This is what I got out of it also.

dewey
November 4th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Also let me be clear I understand that I see the world through green and yellow glasses but I also want a committee to do their homework and do a great job for the integrity of FCS football. I want the same logic to be applied to all teams (I am looking at The Citadel vs. SHSU but also JSU vs. JMU).

I love having a playoff system and that no matter what happens it gets settled on the field.

Dewey

Gangtackle11
November 4th, 2016, 05:06 PM
All said the rankings was a premature disaster for NDSU & EWU and the greatest conference (NDSU and the rest of you) on earth only has the usual suspect in the top 10.

Pond scum conferences like SC, CAA & SLC place 2 teams in.

Professor Chaos
November 4th, 2016, 05:33 PM
But if the playoffs were today, this would be the seeding!

He acknowledged that they didn't put the time into it.....WTF!

Well, all the Bison can do is win out and go from there. #4 seed means an away game for the semis, if they make it that far.

Looking at the resumes of all the top 4 teams, no one is close to NDSU (EWU might be close). It was really interesting to hear the chair say "they were really close" when asked why EWU was ahead of NDSU even though they lost to them....big head scratcher there for me...
I wouldn't get too hung up on his comment about if the playoffs started today. He acknowledged that the committee hadn't discussed the rankings themselves at all prior to voting. If the playoffs were truly starting today they would've all been in a room together and gone over each team with a fine toothed comb last weekend. I'd have to imagine that would give them the opportunity to smooth out the irregularities in their reasoning.

Now, the argument stating that if they were going to half-ass putting this ranking together they probably should've kept it to themselves for now is a valid one. They're either going to be hamstrung into following these rankings because that's their "baseline" and if no one loses they can't do much OR they're going to piss off more fans when they shift teams around despite none of them losing.

Unless YSU and Cal Poly pull the upsets this weekend they're going to find themselves in that pickle next week. The committee chair did say at the 12:00 mark of his interview that before next week they're going to have extensive discussion regarding the rankings themselves before they vote again. We'll see what that leads to.

CappinHard
November 4th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Well, if they're going to actually put some effort into next week's rankings, can someone send them a link to this thread so they can see how badly they screwed the pooch with this one? xrolleyesx

Thumper 76
November 4th, 2016, 06:33 PM
All said the rankings was a premature disaster for NDSU & EWU and the greatest conference (NDSU and the rest of you) on earth only has the usual suspect in the top 10.

Pond scum conferences like SC, CAA & SLC place 2 teams in.

Tbh SDSU really screwed the pooch by dropping that Poly game. It's the first year in a while where a top MVFC team not named ndsu dropped an OOC game. Even if SDSU wins out, unless there is major chaos they won't get a seed. Especially after listening to the committee head today. If you would have told me at the start of the year that SDSU would have a real good shot of winning 3/4 games @NDSU, YSU, @ISUr, and @UNI but no **** at a seed I would have never believed you. But SDSU screwed themselves last week. The good thing is this years Jacks can beat anybody in the country when they play well. The bad thing is I have a hard time seeing them stringing together 4-5 wins in the playoffs because they're so damn inconsistent.

As for the interview, I would be interested to hear the guy interviewed by someone like the Wedge where he isn't on a station where he knows the entire audience is pissed at him and if he isn't careful there would be riots. I thought the guys did a good job hitting him with tough questions and pushing him, but part of why the ranking process sounded so poorly done is it felt like he was avoiding saying JSU and SHSU were number 1 and 2 cause they didn't lose. He said at one point of the interview that part of why SHSU was so high was because of how high they started and it's hard for them to drop without a loss. Really seemed like he was on his heels after that and talking in circles. Tough spot to be in when as soon as you're done the hosts are immediately claiming that NDSU has the best resume and it's not debatable, but it really felt like he was trying to dance around coming out and saying SHSU was so high because they were undefeated, especially after they brought up The Citadel. But maybe I'm just cynical about a guy being truthful in these interviews after he claims SOS will have a large effect and then the rankings have little evidence to show that. It's either that or he didn't agree with the rankings but can't come out and criticize due to his position. I could be just cynical though.

JSU02
November 4th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Good news. I bombed. Yayyyyy.
Dr Zetilli?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 07:17 PM
I've become a huge fan of Cal Poly and Central Arkansas!!

xnodx

kalm
November 4th, 2016, 07:33 PM

The middle to low end of the pack, MVFC has a P5 win and a top 15 FCS win.

semobison
November 4th, 2016, 07:40 PM
The middle to low end of the pack, MVFC has a P5 win and a top 15 FCS win.

Dont give Gangtackle facts or results it apparently offends him.

LuckyKat
November 4th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Not sure what all you Marys are crying about,
I mean if the SLC is so Weak, and SHSU is overrated,
why why would any of you MEGA POWER teams be concerned
about playing ,what in your minds is a cupcake in SHSU,

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2016, 07:45 PM

Nobody is concerned about beating you. They just don't want to have to go all the way to Texas to do it.

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 07:46 PM
^^^^This

hahaha! These babies here crying because Sammy is ranked ahead of them is freaking hilarious!

LuckyKat
November 4th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Nobody is concerned about beating you. They just don't want to have to go all the way to Texas to do it.
Well, at least it may be educational for some of you, and an opportunity to see a true prosperous State

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 07:49 PM
^^^^This

hahaha! These babies here crying because Sammy is ranked ahead of them is freaking hilarious!

No one is crying.

Sammy's resume is dog **** compared to the other top 3. Pretty easy.

FargoBison
November 4th, 2016, 07:50 PM
That was a really embarrassing interview, the FCS deserves better than this pathetic effort. If they weren't going to be serious like the FBS then they should have never done them.

I wonder if he will have his talking points down for his second interview with Fargo media tomorrow. If he doesn't Jeff and Dom will make him look like a fool again.

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 07:51 PM
No one is crying.

^^^^this sounds like crying to everyone reading. Grow some balls and get over it Missy

xthumbsupx:D

Bisonator
November 4th, 2016, 07:51 PM
It's about the integrity of the process. This poll just **** all over that process. It **** all over any SOS relevancy. That is sending the wrong message if you want quality OOC games on future schedules in this subdivision.

With that said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-hDl6OALv4

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 07:53 PM
It's about the integrity of the process. This poll just **** all over that process. It **** all over any SOS relevancy. That is sending the wrong message if you want quality OOC games on future schedules in this subdivision.

With that said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-hDl6OALv4

^^^^^^^this is more crying. Wah!

LOL

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 07:53 PM
^^^^this sounds like crying to everyone reading. Grow some balls and get over it Missy

xthumbsupx:D

xlolx

Ok junior with 61 posts.....xlolx

Good thing is that most of you SHSU guys will be gone in no time unless Sammy runs the schedule next year....

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 07:54 PM
xlolx

Good thing is that most of you SHSU guys will be gone in no time unless Sammy runs the schedule next year....

Thank you Becky with tears

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 07:55 PM
That was a really embarrassing interview, the FCS deserves better than this pathetic effort. If they weren't going to be serious like the FBS then they should have never done them.

I wonder if he will have his talking points down for his second interview with Fargo media tomorrow. If he doesn't Jeff and Dom will make him look like a fool again.

It will be interesting to hear if he is consistent with what he says to those guys tomorrow.

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2016, 07:55 PM
I love how to Sammy fans are so happy and pumped up about being #2. I guess it shouldn't surprise me considering they did this...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161105/096c577f3edb98b4000321544a576517.jpg

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 07:56 PM
I love how to Sammy fans are so happy and pumped up about being #2. I guess I shouldn't surprise me considering they did this...

Definitely better than being No. 3. LOL!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 07:58 PM
Thank you Becky with tears

With a few more years under your belt you could distinguish what is "crying" and what is really good discussion.

Sammy could be the best team, we do not know right now. But watching them a few times, their offense is good but defense is a work in progress. If the Bison do end up in a half full Sammy stadium, I have no doubt the Bison will run thru that defense.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how to Sammy fans are so happy and pumped up about being #2. I guess it shouldn't surprise me considering they did this...

xlolx

Instant classic there!!!

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2016, 07:59 PM
Definitely better than being No. 3. LOL!

Makes no difference to me.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161105/1e73584b0489e31e7c929204c3584996.png

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 07:59 PM
With a few more years under your belt you could distinguish what is "crying" and what is really good discussion.

Sammy could be the best team, we do not know right now. But watching them a few times, their offense is good but defense is a work in progress. If the Bison do end up in a half full Sammy stadium, I have no doubt the Bison will run thru that defense.

- - - Updated - - -

xlolx

Instant classic there!!!
This may have been true in years past, but this year, 2016, is different. I am sure Sammy will welcome / relish the opportunity to stuff your offense down, just like South Dakota did.

milleniumkat
November 4th, 2016, 08:00 PM
so i guess let's just let computers decide everything. Because computers know every scenario and always get it right.

"I may already be inside you"

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 08:01 PM
I really think the Bizon tough schedule this year will be their undoing....injuries are catching up to them and team looks wore out. I would be shocked if they make it to the Semi-Finals.

centennial
November 4th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Out of all of the top 10- SHSU is the one I am least concerned about. At least the UCA game will give us a hint.

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Out of all of the top 10- SHSU is the one I am least concerned about. At least the UCA game will give us a hint.

as will Youngstown State

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2016, 08:02 PM
This might be one of the most annoying threads I have ever read.

SHSU is definitely #1 all-time in most unbearable Novemberists.

Professor Chaos
November 4th, 2016, 08:03 PM
This may have been true in years past, but this year, 2016, is different. I am sure Sammy will welcome / relish the opportunity to stuff your offense down, just like South Dakota did.
Odd that you're talking about 2016 with the Bison haven't played South Dakota yet this year.

I really think the Bizon tough schedule this year will be their undoing....injuries are catching up to them and team looks wore out. I would be shocked if they make it to the Semi-Finals.
Enlighten us... what are these injuries that are catching up with NDSU?

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 08:04 PM
Odd that you're talking about 2016 with the Bison haven't played South Dakota yet this year.

Enlighten us... what are these injuries that are catching up with NDSU?
you must really live in bum-F-Egypt

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2016, 08:05 PM
This might be one of the most annoying threads I have ever read.

SHSU is definitely #1 all-time in most unbearable Novemberists.

I'm slightly amused by their moxie. I'm actually munching on a bag of popcorn right now reading this.

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2016, 08:05 PM
I'm slightly amused by their moxie. I'm actually munching on a bag of popcorn right now reading this.
Some of them are totally awesome. As a whole they are annoying and wreck the board. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 08:06 PM

So the Bison need to schedule teams like OK Panhandle and TX Southern?

Yes, the Bison have injuries but so do all teams this time of year. NDSU picks up steam towards the end of the year...looks like it is happening again, at least defensively for now.

The Pud

Sammy is looking forward to playing JSU

centennial
as will Youngstown State

Youngstown is 8th team NDSU is playing better than the best team on your schedule. We would look like a NFL team too playing against D2 level competition.

The Pud

Yes, the Bison have injuries but so do all teams this time of year. NDSU picks up steam towards the end of the year...looks like it is happening again, at least defensively for now.
sure, if you think so..........it is working for Sammy. Don't hate

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Some of them are totally awesome. As a whole they are annoying and wreck the board. :D

Most will be gone soon enough...xlolx

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Youngstown is 8th team NDSU is playing better than the best team on your schedule. We would look like a NFL team too playing against D2 level competition.

yawwwn

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 08:08 PM
sure, if you think so..........it is working for Sammy. Don't hate

Actually I'm not "hating". The committee chair pretty much said this w/o actually saying it....

Professor Chaos
November 4th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Yeah, that's the type of response I figured you'd throw out there. Feel free to continue with the keyboard diarrhea. I'm done with you.

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 08:09 PM
Actually I'm not "hating". The committee chair pretty much said this w/o actually saying it....

then why are you crying? get over it Susie

Bison Fan in NW MN

Chaos is probably one of the best posters on here.....

The Pud
Yeah, that's the type of response I figured you'd throw out there. Feel free to continue with the keyboard diarrhea. I'm done with you.

thank you and God Bless you

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Sammy is looking forward to playing JSU

Good luck with that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 08:10 PM
then why are you crying? get over it Susie

xlolx

You're kind of wearing on me with this stick....xthumbsupx

It will be really funny if they move the top 4 around next week if they all win.

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Good luck with that.

this is true, you guys may not make it pass the 2nd round.

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2016, 08:12 PM
this is true, you guys may not make it pass the 2nd round.

B*tch please, we could make it to the semi-finals on defense alone.

CappinHard
yawwwn

You are a much more annoying version of MK. Why don't you step away from the keyboard, walk up the stairs out of your parent's basement and get some fresh air.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Good luck with that.

Watching JSU this year, if that game was at JSU, I would suspect a 2-3 TD win for the red chickens.....JSU's defense is pretty good....although the competition is not the best for comparison.

The Pud
xlolx

You're kind of wearing on me with this stick....xthumbsupx

It will be really funny if they move the top 4 around next week if they all win.

To be honest, it really does not matter where Sammy is ranked, just as long as they get invited to the dance. Sammy will win again against Big Sky and CAA teams, those conferences that talk trash about Southland Conference. MVC will be a challenge for sure

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2016, 08:13 PM
Most will be gone soon enough...xlolx
Unfortunately we probably have another month unless McNeese takes out some knees.

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 08:13 PM
B*tch please, we could make it to the semi-finals on defense alone.

Looks like The Pod has struck a nerve.

:D

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Looks like The Pod has struck a nerve.

:D

Not really, I just wanted an excuse to say "Bitch please" like the diva I am.

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Unfortunately we probably have another month unless McNeese takes out some knees.

it is a shame you guys choked against Bizon

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 08:15 PM
Not really, I just wanted an excuse to say "Bitch please" like the diva I am.

You seem like a cool dude. Just know Sammy respects JSU and is really looking forward to playing you guys again. It would be great if the natty is Sammy vs. JSU

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 08:19 PM

The only team that might take them down is UCA.....their defense is decent.

McNeese will get pounded.

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Watching JSU this year, if that game was at JSU, I would suspect a 2-3 TD win for the red chickens.....JSU's defense is pretty good....although the competition is not the best for comparison.
I've been biting my tongue a lot on what I think of our defense but based on what I've seen so far this season I wouldn't hesitate to say it's a top 3 FCS defense. But like you said, outside LSU and Coastal the competition hasn't been there to throughly test it yet. Hence the toungue biting.

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 08:20 PM
The only team that might take them down is UCA.....their defense is decent.

McNeese will get pounded.

You guys should coast into the playoffs. Should be a very interesting seeding when it is all said and done. I think this year there is definitely more parity and anyone could win the natty.

CappinHard
November 4th, 2016, 08:21 PM
You seem like a cool dude. Just know Sammy respects JSU and is really looking forward to playing you guys again. It would be great if the natty is Sammy vs. JSU
You seem like an idiot. Just know that no one thinks Sammy should get a top 4 seed and everyone is looking forward to playing you guys and showing what happens when you actually play someone with a pulse. It would be great if Sammy lost in their first game.

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 08:23 PM
You seem like an idiot. Just know that no one thinks Sammy should get a top 4 seed and everyone is looking forward to playing you guys and showing what happens when you actually play someone with a pulse. It would be great if Sammy lost in their first game.
it is a shame South Dakota State never makes it to the 3rd round of playoffs. Keep crying Becky, your season is almost over.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 08:24 PM
You guys should coast into the playoffs. Should be a very interesting seeding when it is all said and done. I think this year there is definitely more parity and anyone could win the natty.

There you go.....I know there is some good posting in you...xthumbsupx

Wherever NDSU ends up, you still have to beat some good teams. There are probably 3-4 teams that could beat the Bison this year in the playoffs. Sammy is probably one of them.

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 08:27 PM
There you go.....I know there is some good posting in you...xthumbsupx

Wherever NDSU ends up, you still have to beat some good teams. There are probably 3-4 teams that could beat the Bison this year in the playoffs. Sammy is probably one of them.

NDSU is still the team to beat. 5 natty in a row is insane!

ElCid
November 4th, 2016, 08:29 PM
I think one thing needs to be brought up that has not been discussed yet. At least I don't think it has. This list which they came up with is not that much different form the AGS poll. As a matter of fact it is fairly similar. It has a standard deviation of only 0.667 from the AGS poll. Now some here may not like the AGS poll. I get it. But if you think the poll is one of the better ones, then you really can't complain at this point. Besides, too much is going to happen this week anyway to complain too loudly.

I looked at both Massey and Sagarin as well and the standard deviation from those computer rankings to this list are:

Massey - 5.238
Sagarin - 3.917

I also looked at both the coaches and Stats poll and they are:

Coaches - 2.312
Stats - 2.378

Note: I did find the coaches and Stats were eerily similar though and that is kind of weird. A couple of data points lead me to believe they are clones.

Again AGS was closest at:

AGS - 0.667

Hmm......maybe the committee is reading too much of the discussions on AGS.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 08:34 PM
NDSU is still the team to beat. 5 natty in a row is insane!

Us, Bison fans, have set the bar way to high for this team. NC or nothing is becoming the norm now. Good/bad or indifferent, it is what it is.

We are a confident bunch on here but I suppose any fan base would with 5 titles in a row.

This Bison team is young and definitely has had "growing pains" this year. The defense is starting to show glimpses of its old self but the offense is still a work in progress. At the beginning of the year, I thought the offense would carry the team until the defense came around but the offense has regressed some as the season has gone along.

Youngstown defense will be a big test tomorrow. We'll see if the offense rises to the occasion.

Serpentor
November 4th, 2016, 08:41 PM
Everyone on this thread needs to relax or I'm taking away the internet from everyone! THIS, I COMMAND!

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2016, 08:45 PM
I just wish they would let AGS seed the field. Our poll ends up as the most accurate at the end of the year and is a legitimate predictor of the playoff teams. Just let us seed ALL team 1-24 and all would be well with the world.

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2016, 09:12 PM
I just wish they would let AGS seed the field. Our poll ends up as the most accurate at the end of the year and is a legitimate predictor of the playoff teams. Just let us seed ALL team 1-24 and all would be well with the world.

Nah. I think we should let the committee keep doing what they're doing. :D

fmrbearkat
November 4th, 2016, 09:15 PM

Damn I can't wait to be posting about my team this December and laughing at you coat tail riding mfers!! It's a hell of a lot of fun to watch your team playing during the holidays!! Spirit of football in the air!!

Oh I see your from the Dakota's. how's the weather up there eh? Oh wait your not a bison fan from south Canada...your a rabbit fan from South Dakota. Well since you fellas don't know what that's like I'm guessing you cheer for the bison come Christmas time and feel some kinda pride deep in your guts. Good honest hardworking midwestern boys whipping up on those lazy southerners !!

Im not a novemberist....I'm a novemberist through January because that's the only time you irrelevant foreigners matter to me. I have a wonderful job, beautiful wife and just had my 3rd baby. I could care less about your jackasses until its time to get ready to play your teams. Which usually happens come December and January. Although..I gotta feeling I'm gonn stay around and remind you guys about this come January 

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Damn I can't wait to be posting about my team this December and laughing at you coat tail riding mfers!! It's a hell of a lot of fun to watch your team playing during the holidays!! Spirit of football in the air!!

Oh I see your from the Dakota's. how's the weather up there eh? Oh wait your not a bison fan from south Canada...your a rabbit fan from South Dakota. Well since you fellas don't know what that's like I'm guessing you cheer for the bison come Christmas time and feel some kinda pride deep in your guts. Good honest hardworking midwestern boys whipping up on those lazy southerners !!

Im not a novemberist....I'm a novemberist through January because that's the only time you irrelevant foreigners matter to me. I have a wonderful job, beautiful wife and just had my 3rd baby. I could care less about your jackasses until its time to get ready to play your teams. Which usually happens come December and January. Although..I gotta feeling I'm gonn stay around and remind you guys about this come January 

Weather was pretty freakin nice up here today: 70

Will Sammy fans make up runner up t-shirts if UCA beats you guys?

xlolxxrolleyesx

Raven Maniac
November 4th, 2016, 09:27 PM
No one is crying.

Such jealousy. I think you guys look better in green!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raven Maniac
November 4th, 2016, 09:28 PM

When you have as many playoff wins as you will understand.

BEAR
November 4th, 2016, 09:31 PM
Wow. Knock out the insult posts and this thread drops to just 20 pages. xlolx

Raven Maniac
November 4th, 2016, 09:33 PM
xlolx

Because this year the bison will run the schedule, oh wait!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Such jealousy. I think you guys look better in green!

Big shock...another johny come lately from SHSU.....enlighten us genius!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 09:35 PM

Another one crawled out from under a rock.....give us your insightful knowledge genius....xrolleyesx

Raven Maniac
November 4th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Another one crawled out from under a rock.....give us your insightful knowledge genius....xrolleyesx

Just win baby!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 09:36 PM
When you have as many playoff wins as you will understand.

xlolx

Who the hell does this?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Just win baby!

NDSU 22-1 in the playoffs since 2010. Ya, they do win!

fmrbearkat
November 4th, 2016, 09:41 PM
H
Big shock...another johny come lately from SHSU.....enlighten us genius!

enlightenment for the day....not all women grow "wintercoats" of body hair. Traditionally in warmer climates women shave bodily hair year around.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 09:44 PM
H

enlightenment for the day....not all women grow "wintercoats" of body hair. Traditionally in warmer climates women shave bodily hair year around.

xrolleyesx

good work for you.....I guess.....

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2016, 09:45 PM
Everyone on this thread needs to relax or I'm taking away the internet from everyone! THIS, I COMMAND!

Yes! Do it! Glad you are back in your most powerful form!

fmrbearkat
November 4th, 2016, 09:45 PM
xrolleyesx

good work for you.....I guess.....
Come on...you know you got a chuckle ��

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2016, 09:47 PM

"The lady doth protest too much"

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2016, 09:48 PM

5 straight titles, jackass. xrolleyesx

Thumper 76
November 4th, 2016, 09:48 PM

Ah, another Texan not man enough to take real cold and too big of a coward to come around if your team isn't winning. It's ok, you can hide behind your wife's skirt, I understand. All these mean midwesterners not bowing before a team whose best win isn't on par with most of the top ten teams worst wins. I'd be insecure too if I were an SHSU fan. The ones who I don't get being insecure are bison fans when they are.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Come on...you know you got a chuckle ��

Ya, I did.....:D

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2016, 09:50 PM
Ah, another Texan not man enough to take real cold and too big of a coward to come around if your team isn't winning. It's ok, you can hide behind your wife's skirt, I understand. All these mean midwesterners not bowing before a team whose best win isn't on par with most of the top ten teams worst wins. I'd be insecure too if I were an SHSU fan. The ones who I don't get being insecure are bison fans when they are.

It's funny that he doesn't have time, but now he magically does. I guess his personal life sucks November-December?

fmrbearkat
November 4th, 2016, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=Thumper 76;2406332]Ah, another Texan not man enough to take real cold and too big of a coward to come around if your team isn't winning. It's ok, you can hide behind your wife's skirt, I understand. All these mean midwesterners not bowing before a team whose best win isn't on par with most of the top ten teams worst wins. I'd be insecure too if I were an SHSU fan. The ones who I don't get being insecure are bison fans when they are.

When has our team not been winning? Oh wait...my first kid wasn't even born yet....shhhh....it's ok....no coat tail jabber....contenders are talking now. Back to bed you go little fella....

fmrbearkat
November 4th, 2016, 09:56 PM
It's funny that he doesn't have time, but now he magically does. I guess his personal life sucks November-December?

I didn't say I didn't have time...I said I didn't care about your teams...

im actually laying on a couch in a hospital with my wife asleep in the bed and 28 hour old son in the bassinet. Life is grand.

Thumper 76
November 4th, 2016, 09:59 PM
An if I didn't have rules about posts about wives this would be teed up perfectly xlolx

When has our team not been winning? Oh wait...my first kid wasn't even born yet....shhhh....it's ok....no coat tail jabber....contenders are talking now. Back to bed you go little fella....

Oh well, at least I'm not a coward who runs away when my team loses.

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2016, 10:01 PM
An if I didn't have rules about posts about wives this would be teed up perfectly xlolx

https://media.tenor.co/images/dff664be764561f33b14d06aca0fd1f4/raw

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2016, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=Thumper 76;2406332]Ah, another Texan not man enough to take real cold and too big of a coward to come around if your team isn't winning. It's ok, you can hide behind your wife's skirt, I understand. All these mean midwesterners not bowing before a team whose best win isn't on par with most of the top ten teams worst wins. I'd be insecure too if I were an SHSU fan. The ones who I don't get being insecure are bison fans when they are.

Contenders......LOL If ya ain't first, you're last! The other side of the bracket has been the "we get to lose to NDSU" sweepstakes sans MVFC teams that push the Bison.

Raven Maniac
November 4th, 2016, 10:06 PM
5 straight titles, jackass. xrolleyesx

I didn't know we played the championship yet this year. You are so smart. Oh my gosh!

Raven Maniac
November 4th, 2016, 10:08 PM

im actually laying on a couch in a hospital with my wife asleep in the bed and 28 hour old son in the bassinet. Life is grand.

And you are a Bearkat! Life is grand.

milleniumkat
November 4th, 2016, 10:10 PM
"Walks in pantless, lights match, turns and walks away"

fmrbearkat
November 4th, 2016, 10:11 PM
Again...when has that happened lately? Christmas weekend for most of the last five years? Sorry I don't care about your teams recruiting and field upgrades. Maybe I should figure out which coach from a conference I don't care about got fired or which NDSU player stuffed this years ballot box...but I don't. I'll be here until football season is over. Talk **** because my team is better than yours and once January comes and you don't matter to me my free time will be in the shop. Come summer time when it's to hot in the shop it's off to the salt to fish for big fish with my dad and son.

Been a hell of a routine EVERY year getting to watch the Kats play so much playoff football. I'm sorry you have to live it through big brother. Must be like watching the prom king screw your date from the bushes. I'm sure it gets old. Hell it gets old losing to them but it'd be worse never getting there...but not even getting close....that'd be downright depressing. Why can't we just have ZZ back ��

milleniumkat
November 4th, 2016, 10:12 PM

Just out of curiosity, if a persons team is no longer participating, what else is there to talk about on a national forum? I don't really care about non-orange teams.

fmrbearkat
November 4th, 2016, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=fmrbearkat;2406339]

Contenders......LOL If ya ain't first, you're last! The other side of the bracket has been the "we get to lose to NDSU" sweepstakes sans MVFC teams that push the Bison.
Notice I'm only insulting bison way of life in south Canada...have zero smacks to talk to y'all about football. I'm only talking to your little step brothers with the football smack ��

grizband
November 4th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Again...when has that happened lately? Christmas weekend for most of the last five years? Sorry I don't care about your teams recruiting and field upgrades. Maybe I should figure out which coach from a conference I don't care about got fired or which NDSU player stuffed this years ballot box...but I don't. I'll be here until football season is over. Talk **** because my team is better than yours and once January comes and you don't matter to me my free time will be in the shop. Come summer time when it's to hot in the shop it's off to the salt to fish for big fish with my dad and son.

Been a hell of a routine EVERY year getting to watch the Kats play so much playoff football. I'm sorry you have to live it through big brother. Must be like watching the prom king screw your date from the bushes. I'm sure it gets old. Hell it gets old losing to them but it'd be worse never getting there...but not even getting close....that'd be downright depressing. Why can't we just have ZZ back 😢
You'd think the Kats had win the last five titles...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
November 4th, 2016, 10:17 PM

no doubt Sir Siam plays in a weak conference, but I wouldn't take them to lightly just because of that, they are a top 5 team

caribbeanhen
November 4th, 2016, 10:20 PM
I've become a huge fan of Cal Poly and Central Arkansas!!

xnodx

you must be following your fearless Caribbean leader again, I put in good words for both of those teams real early this year

milleniumkat
November 4th, 2016, 10:21 PM

We embody the spirit of the Great Sam Houston himself. We don't care what others say, detractors mean nothing...we do what we feel is right. And By Gawd, we will support our team until they are crippled by a group of cajun meth heads.

And then...well....then we will cry. We will cry and drink too much Jim Beam.

And am i really that annoying? I thought we were making a connection. As long as we don't cross the streams we should be golden.

fmrbearkat
November 4th, 2016, 10:24 PM

i mean..the last two weeks of the year. If we haven't been playing it's Christmas week...not really how I want to spend my time unless it's relevant to the Kats...

i guess the person that cant get that is the one who thinks we don't deserve to be a seed because of a schedule we can't control. Even though we were really good last year and are better this year. All because your micro minds can't think on a macro level! Come on December!!!

Schism55
November 4th, 2016, 10:25 PM
So here's Massey's rankings (http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2016) for all the wins that the top 4 teams have:
JSU
1. Coastal Carolina (117)
2. Liberty (139)
3. North Alabama (155)
4. Eastern Illinois (180)
5. Tennessee Tech (230)
6. Eastern Kentucky (249)
7. Austin Peay (387)

So a D2 school was their 3rd best win according to Massey... that should tell you something.

SHSU
1. Nicholls (174)
2. Lamar (199)
3. Stephen F Austin (203)
4. Houston Baptist (242)
5. Abilene Christian (284)
6. Incarnate Word (315)
7. Texas Southern (405)
8. Oklahoma Panhandle State (429 I think - if NE Oklahoma isn't them they're not rated amongst the 500 teams listed)

I'd say the numbers speak for themselves here.

EWU
1. Washington St (17)
2. Northern Iowa (113)
3. Montana (123)
4. Northern Arizona (145)
5. Northern Colorado (175)
6. UC Davis (208)
7. Montana St (231)

Clearly the best of the 3 so far.

NDSU
1. Iowa (34)
2. Eastern Washington (57)
3. Charleston Southern (97)
4. Western Illinois (106)
5. Northern Iowa (113)
6. Illinois St (128)
7. Missouri St (149)

You be the judge...
Prof Chaos pretty much did a mic drop on this thread almost 30 pages ago. Nothing else need be said.

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2016, 10:26 PM

Funny that I don't remember these idiots crowing when it came time to "play our teams "in 2010. They have no FCS knowledge to add to the conversation. Just a bunch of BS when they think their team may be able to back it up.

Thumper 76
November 4th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Just out of curiosity, if a persons team is no longer participating, what else is there to talk about on a national forum? I don't really care about non-orange teams.

It's always fun to talk about the championship game, the matchups, etc. Coming back to talk spring ball, a little recruiting, preseason expectations, and then the start of a new season.

More importantly, on the flip side it's a national board like you said. If you only want to talk about your team it kinda defeats the point doesn't it? I think that's half the reason that SHSU fans think there's a ton of SHSU "hating" going on. People on here are interested in the FCS as a whole, and the hottest topic that affects FCS as a whole right now is SHSUs placement in the polls, for many reasons. I have nothing against SHSU myself. SDSU has never played them. I just happen to have an issue with the precident that could be set by rewarding a weak schedule over a tough one because it will affect FCS scheduling as a whole and provide a much poorer viewing product to the fans for OOC matchups and such. Before that the discussion was UND being left out and WIU being let in last year, and before that was Lehighs ranking and the dominance of the CAA, and on and on. SHSU fans just had someone run to their board to rally support against the rampant perceived "hate" going on because they are the most interesting and debatable team this season from a national perspective. There will always naturally be more fans from the dominant conference of the time because the teams are doing better and causing more interest and interaction from their fans. Used to be the CAA. Now it's the MVFC. Next will be someone else. Eventually people get tired of the fans from said conference. That's the beauty of a national board to me.

fmrbearkat
November 4th, 2016, 10:29 PM
I remember their dlineman puking on my shoe in 2004....unfortunately I removed the noise from later that year in WaGriz out of memory until now...thanks ��

Bisonoline
November 4th, 2016, 10:31 PM
i mean..the last two weeks of the year. If we haven't been playing it's Christmas week...not really how I want to spend my time unless it's relevant to the Kats...

i guess the person that cant get that is the one who thinks we don't deserve to be a seed because of a schedule we can't control. Even though we were really good last year and are better this year. All because your micro minds can't think on a macro level! Come on December!!!

It matters not if you cant control your schedule. Even though you do control your OOC schedule which includes a D2 school.
But just because you cant supposedly control your schedule doesnt mean you should be given any consideration to a higher seed because of it.
I think Lehigh only lost one game last year and they didnt make the playoffs because of a terrible SOS. Why should you be any different?

Thumper 76
November 4th, 2016, 10:36 PM
https://media.tenor.co/images/dff664be764561f33b14d06aca0fd1f4/raw

http://i.imgur.com/TLNXruN.gif

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 10:38 PM
It matters not if you cant control your schedule. Even though you do control your OOC schedule which includes a D2 school.
But just because you cant supposedly control your schedule doesnt mean you should be given any consideration to a higher seed because of it.
I think Lehigh only lost one game last year and they didnt make the playoffs because of a terrible SOS. Why should you be any different?

because Sammy plays in a tougher conference than Lehigh maybe?

perhaps because Sammy has much better football players than Lehigh maybe?

I seem to recall same argument you ladies made of Sammy last year, and they made to Semis. some ladies never learn.

fmrbearkat
November 4th, 2016, 10:41 PM
It's always fun to talk about the championship game, the matchups, etc. Coming back to talk spring ball, a little recruiting, preseason expectations, and then the start of a new season.

More importantly, on the flip side it's a national board like you said. If you only want to talk about your team it kinda defeats the point doesn't it? I think that's half the reason that SHSU fans think there's a ton of SHSU "hating" going on. People on here are interested in the FCS as a whole, and the hottest topic that affects FCS as a whole right now is SHSUs placement in the polls, for many reasons. I have nothing against SHSU myself. SDSU has never played them. I just happen to have an issue with the precident that could be set by rewarding a weak schedule over a tough one because it will affect FCS scheduling as a whole and provide a much poorer viewing product to the fans for OOC matchups and such. Before that the discussion was UND being left out and WIU being let in last year, and before that was Lehighs ranking and the dominance of the CAA, and on and on. SHSU fans just had someone run to their board to rally support against the rampant perceived "hate" going on because they are the most interesting and debatable team this season from a national perspective. There will always naturally be more fans from the dominant conference of the time because the teams are doing better and causing more interest and interaction from their fans. Used to be the CAA. Now it's the MVFC. Next will be someone else. Eventually people get tired of the fans from said conference. That's the beauty of a national board to me.

But it's not a relevant precedent when your ranking the 2nd winningest FCS team over the last 5 seasons that high. Your ranking a damn good team from last year that lost nobody and got better. A team that doesn't beat bad teams....Destroys them. If they were ranking a real unknown entity that's understandable.

penguinpower
November 4th, 2016, 10:42 PM
This conversation is just mind numbing. The only solution is physical violence with a 2x4 or a large bat.

Serpentor
November 4th, 2016, 10:47 PM
YOU WERE ALL WARNED!

*steals the internet*

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2016, 10:48 PM
YOU WERE ALL WARNED!

*steals the internet*

About the wet tissue paper disguised as SHSU "SOS"?

Raven Maniac
November 4th, 2016, 10:49 PM
NDSU 22-1 in the playoffs since 2010. Ya, they do win!

I love watching the fans of teams struggling for relevance whine.

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 10:52 PM
About the wet tissue paper disguised as SHSU "SOS"?

stop your crying. Sammy is ranked No. 1 in Coaches and Sports Writers Poll, and No. 2 by the FCS Selection Committee for a reason.......they are that good!

fmrbearkat
November 4th, 2016, 10:55 PM
This conversation is just mind numbing. The only solution is physical violence with a 2x4 or a large bat.

Thats very Tressel of you...and I approve if team uniforms consist of sweaters and ties in team colors

would bringing an autographed bat be an infraction or get you bonus points. I nominate you as commish and defer for your wisdom and guidance in all things back alley related.

Thumper 76
November 4th, 2016, 10:58 PM
But it's not a relevant precedent when your ranking the 2nd winningest FCS team over the last 5 seasons that high. Your ranking a damn good team from last year that lost nobody and got better. A team that doesn't beat bad teams....Destroys them. If they were ranking a real unknown entity that's understandable.

Yes you are setting a precedent. Why would a SDSU, EWU, Montana, NDSU, McNeese, etc ever schedule a tough OOC game if they can get a high seed off of history and recognition? Why test yourself and risk losing a high seed? SHSU destroys bad teams. Got it, but with an air raid offense bloated MOV is real easy vs weak opposition because of how the offense is designed. You can tell that SHSU has good players, but it's difficult to judge just how good when they haven't been challenged by a good team. I'm not saying punish them for their schedule either. But I do believe a team that goes out and challenges themselves should be rewarded for it. SHSU could be as good as NDSU has been over the last five years this year, or they could be a team like SDSU that is capable of beating anybody but incredibly inconsistent. We won't know until the playoffs. I'm not saying that SHSU shouldn't have a top four seed. I am saying that having two teams below them that have a FBS win with four or five top 25 teams they have played plus only one loss being an OT loss for one and a 2 pt loss as time ran out is punishing those teams for challenging themselves. Isn't there some level of insanity to the thought that if EWU wouldn't have had the balls to travel to Fargo and had played a DII that they would be the number one seed? That bothers me.

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 11:01 PM
Yes you are setting a precedent. Why would a SDSU, EWU, Montana, NDSU, McNeese, etc ever schedule a tough OOC game if they can get a high seed off of history and recognition? Why test yourself and risk losing a high seed? SHSU destroys bad teams. Got it, but with an air raid offense bloated MOV is real easy vs weak opposition because of how the offense is designed. You can tell that SHSU has good players, but it's difficult to judge just how good when they haven't been challenged by a good team. I'm not saying punish them for their schedule either. But I do believe a team that goes out and challenges themselves should be rewarded for it. SHSU could be as good as NDSU has been over the last five years this year, or they could be a team like SDSU that is capable of beating anybody but incredibly inconsistent. We won't know until the playoffs. I'm not saying that SHSU shouldn't have a top four seed. I am saying that having two teams below them that have a FBS win with four or five top 25 teams they have played plus only one loss being an OT loss for one and a 2 pt loss as time ran out is punishing those teams for challenging themselves. Isn't there some level of insanity to the thought that if EWU wouldn't have had the balls to travel to Fargo and had played a DII that they would be the number one seed? That bothers me.

sir, just take a look at Sammy's roster and look at all the talent they have. It is indeed mind boggling.

Thumper 76
November 4th, 2016, 11:01 PM

Oh are we ranking this years team or the accumulation of five years? I doubt SHSU deserves the top spot if we're doing the last five. Do you not see how ridiculous that thought process is? SHSU and JSU are essentially still ranked off of preseason expectations in week ten, am I the only one whose mind is completely boggled by that?

Thumper 76
November 4th, 2016, 11:03 PM
sir, just take a look at Sammy's roster and look at all the talent they have. It is indeed mind boggling.

You know who else had that line all pre season? Illinois State and Southern Illinois.

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 11:04 PM
Oh are we ranking this years team or the accumulation of five years? I doubt SHSU deserves the top spot if we're doing the last five. Do you not see how ridiculous that thought process is? SHSU and JSU are essentially still ranked off of preseason expectations in week ten, am I the only one whose mind is completely boggled by that?

xthumbsupx
The fact that Sammy has most of their team from last year's semi-final appearance probably is in the mind of those in the know who rank No. 1 Sammy.

fmrbearkat

Hmm...FBS team cancels in spring. Schedule set at almost all schools in country. Only team can find to give us 11th game is no name d2. FBS win (most likely) changes our sos pretty rapidly. But hey...we can control a team getting scared and opting for buy out. All in our magical control...

The Pud
You know who else had that line all pre season? Illinois State and Southern Illinois.

Who?

xeyebrowx

fmrbearkat
November 4th, 2016, 11:09 PM

they aren't beating teams 250-50 (rough numbers) in first half. Bet we don't pull starters this week. Watch 70 hit the board if not 80. I've gotta sneaky suspicion its gonna be all Guns blazing all game long come Saturday. Then we're gonna beat the **** out of UCA and enjoy a playoffs full of Texas air ��

centennial
November 4th, 2016, 11:12 PM
Hmm...FBS team cancels in spring. Schedule set at almost all schools in country. Only team can find to give us 11th game is no name d2. FBS win (most likely) changes our sos pretty rapidly. But hey...we can control a team getting scared and opting for buy out. All in our magical control...
How many times do we have to go over this? One mediocre FBS game doesn't change your SOS. It's 1/11th of the schedule. You wouldn't gotten a boost of 10 spots maybe. The only way anyone would be convinced if you have a top 20 FCS win, and a top 50 FBS win in the OOC. Wait, but there are 2 other teams that do that already.

Basic algebra is simple.

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 11:13 PM
How many times do we have to go over this? One mediocre FBS game doesn't change your SOS. It's 1/11th of the schedule. You wouldn't gotten a boost of 10 spots maybe. The only way anyone would be convinced if you have a top 20 FCS win, and a top 50 FBS win in the OOC. Wait, but there are 2 other teams that do that already.

Basic algebra is simple.
Can you please stop your crying about Sammy being ranked higher than your Bizons

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2016, 11:15 PM
stop your crying. Sammy is ranked No. 1 in Coaches and Sports Writers Poll, and No. 2 by the FCS Selection Committee for a reason.......they are that good!

Did you not listen to the Bison 1660 podcast where they interview the head of the committee and he said how they just threw this **** together and put no effort into it? Read into as much as you want, but if you are going to post on here, pull your head out of your ass and become an informed member, not just a waste of bandwidth and date usage.

Daytripper
November 4th, 2016, 11:16 PM

Basic algebra is simple.

Simple: No team, including SHSU, can control their conference schedule. Teams are at the mercy of other teams in their conference. And now you are telling me that OOC FBS games don't matter. What in SHSU's control does matter?

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2016, 11:17 PM
Who?

xeyebrowx

Step outside SHSU and turn on espn3 or eversport to watch football where they play competition that belongs in D1 and challenges themselves VS scheduling a school that is 2-6 in D2

The Pud
November 4th, 2016, 11:18 PM
Did you not listen to the Bison 1660 podcast where they interview the head of the committee and he said how they just threw this **** together and put no effort into it? Read into as much as you want, but if you are going to post on here, pull your head out of your ass and become an informed member, not just a waste of bandwidth and date usage.
It seems someone didn't get any this evening. Sir, FCS Coaches ranked Sammy number 1. I am sure they put some thought into their decision.

Sir, also the Sports Writers ranked Sammy number 1, and I am sure they researched and put some thought into their decision.

FCS Selection Committee knows Sammy is great team and has almost entire team from last year's semi-finals back, so it is a no brainer.

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2016, 11:25 PM
It seems someone didn't get any this evening. Sir, FCS Coaches ranked Sammy number 1. I am sure they put some thought into their decision.

Sir, also the Sports Writers ranked Sammy number 1, and I am sure they researched and put some thought into their decision.

FCS Selection Committee knows Sammy is great team and has almost entire team from last year's semi-finals back, so it is a no brainer.

I nominate this for worst post of the year. The bolded part actually had me laughing

centennial
November 4th, 2016, 11:26 PM
Simple: No team, including SHSU, can control their conference schedule. Teams are at the mercy of other teams in their conference. And now you are telling me that OOC FBS games don't matter. What in SHSU's control does matter?
I agree SHSU cannot control the Southland being weak. They do however control the OOC. I get that a team backed out. The head of the committee sounded like he was coached by the SHSU fans. He said the same thing.

I am just saying it's logical to temper expectations. We all know you have a good team. No one knows how good. A team like that probably shouldn't be ranked in the top 5. That is all.

Anyway I am done arguing with SHSU trolls. Almost impossible to get 1 valid argument coming from the whole fanbase.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2016, 11:27 PM
I for one think it's deplorable that chattownmocs has given up on his team, gotten a new alias, and started to root for SHSU

fmrbearkat
November 4th, 2016, 11:35 PM
What he will answer: weak sos

what he means: By god you shouldn't live in the amazing state of Texas...you should move to the midwestern south Canada tundra and ride your tractor to school when it's 60 below and 37 feet of snow because damn it were from the Midwest of south Canada and we don't cancel anything because of snow....if we did **** wouldn't get done! Damn pansies and your warm weather 😡 Plus I look forward to our yearly migration to your amazing state and I'd probably lose my mind if I didn't have that to get me through the dark cold winter....

Daytripper
November 4th, 2016, 11:36 PM
I agree SHSU cannot control the Southland being weak. They do however control the OOC. I get that a team backed out. The head of the committee sounded like he was coached by the SHSU fans. He said the same thing.

I am just saying it's logical to temper expectations. We all know you have a good team. No one knows how good. A team like that probably shouldn't be ranked in the top 5. That is all.

Anyway I am done arguing with SHSU trolls. Almost impossible to get 1 valid argument coming from the whole fanbase.

I think I have been pretty objective about the whole ranking thing. I get why people don't think we should be ranked as high as we are. But I also get why people think we should be ranked high. I have stated before that there are legitimate arguments for us to be ranked anywhere from #1 to #15. By clarifying our inability to control the huge majority of our schedule, I may be just making the home argument. But, just because it is a homer argument that doesn't mean it is an invalid argument.

70MilesFromCanada
November 4th, 2016, 11:37 PM

I tried on page 38!

UND is #1 (or maybe #30). And I could be RIGHT!

This WHOLE thread is all a cluster****** about HOME field in the playoffs. Nobody is making a strong argument about the 10 teams. Another 14 are gonna join them any fight it out. A couple of locations make for a strong home field, but going to the FDome or the Inferno is the whole point of finding the best. Everyone please take a chill pill.

Maybe drinking more beer (hopefully until unconscious) would work.

gsf23nd
November 4th, 2016, 11:39 PM
I think the best part was when they asked him "If the season ended today, would this be how the teams would be seeded in the playoffs?" His answer, "No." So then what was the point of the poll?

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2016, 11:40 PM
I for one think it's deplorable that chattownmocs has given up on his team, gotten a new alias, and started to root for SHSU
Who will he root for after Sammy loses to UCA?

70MilesFromCanada
November 4th, 2016, 11:41 PM
This thread is like a pre-season poll where everyone can predict the future perfectly. Some of you guys need to head to Las Vegas and pick up a million or two!

Thumper 76
November 4th, 2016, 11:41 PM
xthumbsupx
The fact that Sammy has most of their team from last year's semi-final appearance probably is in the mind of those in the know who rank No. 1 Sammy.
We probably won't be able to talk actual football if your rankings are based off of stuff that would be a part of the History Channels FCS rankings.

Yeah, apparently you didn't get the point. I'll try one last time since you seem to be kinda slow. I didn't say that they should be punished for it. I did say that EWU and NDSU should be rewarded for challenging themselves in their OOC. Why shouldn't they? If they don't get rewarded for it, what is the point of scheduling a challenging OOC schedule? Please tell me.

Who?

xeyebrowx
Hey thanks for proving my point. You're obviously a well of football knowledge and quite blatantly well equipped to be commenting on how SHSU stacks up with the other possible seeds across the nation.

they aren't beating teams 250-50 (rough numbers) in first half. Bet we don't pull starters this week. Watch 70 hit the board if not 80. I've gotta sneaky suspicion its gonna be all Guns blazing all game long come Saturday. Then we're gonna beat the **** out of UCA and enjoy a playoffs full of Texas air 
Yeah, you proved my point too. They (Illinois State) started out like a ball of fire too but went poof when they got into the meat of their schedule. Thanks for the assist. Congrats on whooping up on **** teams? Are you super proud of your high schools varsity team whooping up on the JV?

It seems someone didn't get any this evening. 1) Sir, FCS Coaches ranked Sammy number 1. I am sure they put some thought into their decision.

2) Sir, also the Sports Writers ranked Sammy number 1, and I am sure they researched and put some thought into their decision.

Selection Committee knows Sammy is great team and has almost entire team from last year's semi-finals back, so it is a no brainer.
1) Do you honestly think that a FCS coach has any time to do any sort of research into teams nation wide amidst all of their film work and game planning and practices other than checking scores? With approximately zero national sports news spot light on FCS games across the nation where do you think they get their knowledge for their rankings from? If you think they invest more than maybe 30 minutes into their rankings, well you are just as stupid as you come across as.

2) Do you know how few national sports writers there are for FCS football? So then do you realize that the majority of these guys are local beat writers, in most markets covering the FCS team, basically just the secondary team in the market or the main team in a tiny area. So unless these guys are extreme go getters they aren't doing much more research than the coaches are. Keep showing us how ignorant you are to reality though. Please. xthumbsupxxrotatehxxrolleyesx

Serpentor
November 4th, 2016, 11:43 PM
This whole thread is cancer. Like whiny feminist on Tumblr-level cancer.

Thumper 76
November 4th, 2016, 11:49 PM
Yes. I'm not sure why I can't stop contributing to this mess. Its like cocaine.

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2016, 11:52 PM
I think the best part was when they asked him "If the season ended today, would this be how the teams would be seeded in the playoffs?" His answer, "No." So then what was the point of the poll?

Yeah that irked me, since they want people to take FCS football seriously and then they pull this stunt. If I did that on my poll for AGS, I feel like one of the reviewers would call me out immediately and I hope they would. This was a pathetic "attempt" (I put that in quotes since attempt implies they made a valiant effort in the process, which they did not) at putting a top 10 together.

fmrbearkat
November 4th, 2016, 11:53 PM
We probably won't be able to talk actual football if your rankings are based off of stuff that would be a part of the History Channels FCS rankings.

Yeah, apparently you didn't get the point. I'll try one last time since you seem to be kinda slow. I didn't say that they should be punished for it. I did say that EWU and NDSU should be rewarded for challenging themselves in their OOC. Why shouldn't they? If they don't get rewarded for it, what is the point of scheduling a challenging OOC schedule? Please tell me.

Hey thanks for proving my point. You're obviously a well of football knowledge and quite blatantly well equipped to be commenting on how SHSU stacks up with the other possible seeds across the nation.

Yeah, you proved my point too. They (Illinois State) started out like a ball of fire too but went poof when they got into the meat of their schedule. Thanks for the assist. Congrats on whooping up on **** teams? Are you super proud of your high schools varsity team whooping up on the JV?

1) Do you honestly think that a FCS coach has any time to do any sort of research into teams nation wide amidst all of their film work and game planning and practices other than checking scores? With approximately zero national sports news spot light on FCS games across the nation where do you think they get their knowledge for their rankings from? If you think they invest more than maybe 30 minutes into their rankings, well you are just as stupid as you come across as.

2) Do you know how few national sports writers there are for FCS football? So then do you realize that the majority of these guys are local beat writers, in most markets covering the FCS team, basically just the secondary team in the market or the main team in a tiny area. So unless these guys are extreme go getters they aren't doing much more research than the coaches are. Keep showing us how ignorant you are to reality though. Please. xthumbsupxxrotatehxxrolleyesx

Hopefully your guys squeak out a few more wins and get a beautiful trip to Texas to watch the Kats curb stomp your rabbits first hand....that'd be a fun start to our Frisco cruise....all aboard!!!

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2016, 11:54 PM
Yes. I'm not sure why I can't stop contributing to this mess. Its like cocaine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDS6izhk1ZE

YoUDeeMan
November 4th, 2016, 11:55 PM
Wow, a guy old enough to have a 12 year old kid making mom jokes. Jesus that's sad.

Sheeeesh...first you interrupt, then you go all negative Nellie on us. xeyebrowx

You should be thinking more positively and praising my ability to conduct a conversation with a nerd or two.

I also speak French, a little Spanish, and some Canadian. xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2016, 11:57 PM
Hopefully your guys squeak out a few more wins and get a beautiful trip to Texas to watch the Kats curb stomp your rabbits first hand....that'd be a fun start to our Frisco cruise....all aboard!!!

You are implying your team could stop Mangerelli, Goedert (Best TE in ALL of NCAA Football and for sure Sunday Player in the NFL), Wieneke (Top 2 WR in the FCS and for sure Sunday Player in the NFL) and Taryn Criston, but keep up with your ignorance. I have been told it is a blissful state but I prefer to not be ignorant to teams outside of my own and choose to follow the entire FCS to know when there is a team better than mine, and on offense, they are better than SHSU #bookit

JSUSoutherner
November 4th, 2016, 11:58 PM
Sheeeesh...first you interrupt, then you go all negative Nellie on us. xeyebrowx

You should be thinking more positively and praising my ability to conduct a conversation with a nerd or two.

I also speak French, a little Spanish, and some Canadian. xthumbsupx

Except for the part where Canadian isn't a language.

YoUDeeMan
November 4th, 2016, 11:58 PM
Mom jokes xbowx

Attention at home jokes xbowx

fmrbearkat
November 5th, 2016, 12:00 AM
You are implying your team could stop Mangerelli, Goedert (Best TE in ALL of NCAA Football and for sure Sunday Player in the NFL), Wieneke (Top 2 WR in the FCS and for sure Sunday Player in the NFL) and Taryn Criston, but keep up with your ignorance. I have been told it is a blissful state but I prefer to not be ignorant to teams outside of my own and choose to follow the entire FCS to know when there is a team better than mine, and on offense, they are better than SHSU #bookit
I'm not implying...we will curb stomp them. All of them. It won't be pretty. If you make it to the playoffs. Which will require you win out...which is unlikely.

fmrbearkat
November 5th, 2016, 12:01 AM

I beg to differ eh'

just spoke Canadian right there....boom

YoUDeeMan
November 5th, 2016, 12:02 AM
This. UNI should not be a good win for anyone. Not for EWU not for NDSU not for anyone. We are 3-5 with an outside chance of finishing with our worst record in a long long time. I guess technically NDSU's win over UNI is slightly better since it was on the road and EWU was at home, but it isn't a good win by any means.
Watching the Bison fans try to get credit for a quality UNI win is hilarious. It's like a CAA team trying to get credit for a good win over Stony Brook.

Big_Fan
November 5th, 2016, 12:05 AM

I am actually beginning to like you.

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 12:07 AM

You're right. I would dearly enjoy that. I would certainly enjoy a switch up to our normal playoff route. Especially since SDSU hasn't shown they can beat anyone anywhere this year. It's not like they beat a top 25 WIU by more than SHSU beat such juggernauts as Oklahoma Panhandle State, Lamar, Houston Baptist, Incarnate Word, and Abiline Christian.

Yeah, it's like Cluckers says, SDSU has a shoddy offensive line. I mean they only have the second best WR in FCS, best TE in FCS, a sophomore qb who is one of the best in the nation and leads the conference in TDs and yards, and a RB leading the conference in all purpose yards. I mean that was only going against a schedule that included a pretty highly thought of NDSU and YSU defenses. Oh, and a frosh lb up for national frosh of the year. Pretty much a talentless squad. SHSU would likely win by 50, if not more. But it would be nice to be in warm weather at least.

fmrbearkat
November 5th, 2016, 12:08 AM
I don't care who beat who where and when. I'm telling you we will whip your ass...watch what you wish for...it's coming.

JSUSoutherner
November 5th, 2016, 12:09 AM
I don't care who beat who where and when. I'm telling you we will whip your ass...watch what you wish for...it's coming.
Somebody bookmark this post.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 12:09 AM
I'm not implying...we will curb stomp them. All of them. It won't be pretty. If you make it to the playoffs. Which will require you win out...which is unlikely.

I am a Bison fan, not a bunny rabbit fan, I am just calling your bull**** out and you are afraid that you finally feel like you have a chance and are to ignorant to admit that your teams schedule is weaker than RG3s knees

fmrbearkat
November 5th, 2016, 12:10 AM
You're right. I would dearly enjoy that. I would certainly enjoy a switch up to our normal playoff route. Especially since SDSU hasn't shown they can beat anyone anywhere this year. It's not like they beat a top 25 WIU by more than SHSU beat such juggernauts as Oklahoma Panhandle State, Lamar, Houston Baptist, Incarnate Word, and Abiline Christian.

Yeah, it's like Cluckers says, SDSU has a shoddy offensive line. I mean they only have the second best WR in FCS, best TE in FCS, a sophomore qb who is one of the best in the nation and leads the conference in TDs and yards, and a RB leading the conference in all purpose yards. I mean that was only going against a schedule that included a pretty highly thought of NDSU and YSU defenses. Oh, and a frosh lb up for national frosh of the year. Pretty much a talentless squad. SHSU would likely win by 50, if not more. But it would be nice to be in warm weather at least.

50 may be pushing it....30 to 40 will be more likely. Walk ones tend to give up a few points in the 4th qtr....

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 12:10 AM

Yeah, prolly. I mean you guys held the mighty Incarnate Word offense to 40 some points. SDSU is just a bunch of big slow players. Offensive line is as porous as a sieve and they haven't even faced a good d line yet.

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 12:11 AM

Book marked as "CALLING OUT FOR BULL****" so I remember for later

JSUSoutherner
November 5th, 2016, 12:12 AM

Yeah, it's like Cluckers says, SDSU has a shoddy offensive line. I mean they only the have the second best WR in FCS, best TE in FCS, a sophomore qb who is one of the best in the nation and leads the conference in TDs and yards, and a RB leading the conference in all purpose yards. I mean that was only going against a schedule that included a pretty highly thought of NDSU and YSU defenses. Oh, and a frosh lb up for national frosh of the year. Pretty much a talentless squad. SHSU would likely win by 50, if not more. But it would be nice to be in warm weather at least.
BAAARRRRRGGGGGEEEEEE. :D

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 12:13 AM

Booked marked as "CALLING OUT FOR BULL****" so I remember for later

You guys aren't actually going to waste time bringing that posts up when he's admitted he would be to big of a coward to come back for his crow, right?

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 12:13 AM

Who? #37-10 #iknowwhohewas xdrunkyx

TheKingpin28
November 5th, 2016, 12:14 AM
You guys aren't actually going to waste time bringing that posts up when he's admitted he would be to big of a coward to come back for his crow, right?

How well do you know me? xlolx I know you'd do the same for me. Thats why I am missing 2 cases of beer.

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 12:16 AM

xlolx you wanna go stats vs stats :D

CappinHard
November 5th, 2016, 12:18 AM
xthumbsupx

http://i.imgur.com/hF2qQq6.gif

JSUSoutherner
November 5th, 2016, 12:19 AM
xlolx you wanna go stats vs stats :D
Considering Barge was out for four games and we're a run heavy team, no not really.

But if you want to go by stats then Wieneke isn't even the best receiver on your team. :D

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 12:22 AM
Considering Barge was out for four games and we're a run heavy team, no not really.

But if you want to go by stats then Wieneke isn't even the best receiver on your team. :D

Yes he is, the other guy is a TE ;) :D

JSUSoutherner
November 5th, 2016, 12:23 AM
Yes he is, the other guy is a TE ;) :D

Holy crap. I didn't even realize. That's crazy.

fmrbearkat
November 5th, 2016, 12:28 AM
I am a Bison fan, not a bunny rabbit fan, I am just calling your bull**** out and you are afraid that you finally feel like you have a chance and are to ignorant to admit that your teams schedule is weaker than RG3s knees
I'm trolling all these butthurt coat tail riders. And I don't finally feel like we "have a chance". I've felt that way for the last 5 years. And I'd say getting to the semis nearly every year it's apparent to sane people that we have "had a chance". Just haven't capitalized. Of course I know we wouldn't run through the playoffs blowing people out. I'm not an idiot. Im messing with a bunch of butthurt valley coattail riders and one cocky cock. Do I think we have a good shot of winning it all...of course I do. Watching practice from day one was a different level of focus and detail. That has translated to our game day opponents no matter how weak they are. It's different than I personally have ever seen.

Fact is Bison are not as good as they have been. Which as a statement in itself seems like a shun but I mean that is in they are actually beatable if you play a great game....and if you get them outside of Frisco. I'm not concerned about noise of Fargo dome. I'm concerned about multiple weeks for Bison to game plan. If NDSU goes to Frisco then might as well get a head start on engraving.

Bison in Huntsville or any other team out there I like our chances any time, anywhere. So yeah I feel like we FINALLY....have a chance...AGAIN.....for the 6th year in a row...

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 12:29 AM
Holy crap. I didn't even realize. That's crazy.

You know what's crazier? Goedert didn't even receive a DI offer, FCS or FBS. He was a walk on who was brought to Stig's attention by the pastor in his town. No bull****. Oh, him and Wieneke are juniors. Good times. I mean, obviously not good enough to move the ball on SHSU, but they are fun to watch against bad defenses.

FargoBison
November 5th, 2016, 12:32 AM
Clearly the committee needs to line up SDSU and SHSU early on....AGS demands it.

YoUDeeMan
November 5th, 2016, 12:34 AM

Basement jokes and now the, "no one thinks..." comment. xcrazyx

WTF is in the water up there in the Dakotas?

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 12:37 AM
Clearly the committee needs to line up SDSU and SHSU early on....AGS demands it.

Serpentor get your ass over here and make this official dammit

YoUDeeMan
November 5th, 2016, 12:40 AM

CONGRATS!!!! xthumbsupx

abc123
November 5th, 2016, 12:44 AM
Seems like they already did with Mississippi Valley State and Robert Morris next year.

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 12:51 AM
Seems like they already did with Mississippi Valley State and Robert Morris next year.

Realistically NDSU has had plenty of OOC cupcakes over this five year run...

YoUDeeMan
November 5th, 2016, 12:51 AM

^^^^^ WOW...ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF A REALLY DUMB POST.

Do you guys have your water checked for lead?

Lehigh didn't make the playoffs last year because the committee didn't think they were a good enough team...NOT because they had a weak schedule. IF Lehigh had won their games in a more impressive fashion, and were a strong enough team, they'd have made the playoffs, regardless of their schedule. Instead, they struggled and barely won a good chunk of their games. Yes, the schedule was weak...but if they had destroyed their opponents, and put up a fight against JMU, they would have been in the playoffs with only one loss.

Thumper 76
November 5th, 2016, 12:52 AM
Basement jokes and now the, "no one thinks..." comment. xcrazyx

WTF is in the water up there in the Dakotas?

Greatness ;)

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2016, 01:01 AM
This thread oddly resembles a broken record.

Posted on 12/17/2012: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126341-Bearkats-WIN-and-here-s-why!&p=1920576&viewfull=1#post1920576

Sam Houston has 2 qb's playing for them! One will be wearing orange and the other will be wearing yellow throwing pick 6' for the team in orange. Oh and yall want to say Bizon will win because EWU university came back on us? Last time i checked they have a great passing attack and yalls sucks!!! What did EWU have rushing 45 yrds??? Goodluck BIZON! Hope your QB learns how to throw to the team in the hideous yellow!!. 14-6 Sammy wins!!! And thats only because yall's defense is damn good!!

Posted on 1/3/2013: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126648-NDSU-Vs-SHSU-Title-Game-Thread-SMACK-FREE-VERSION&p=1927050&viewfull=1#post1927050

Just like i told a EWU fan...I hope all of yall got tickets so you can enjoy the show!! Don't blink to much...wouldn't want you to miss us since your not used to watching this southern speed!! xcoffeex

NDSU beat SHSU 39-13 on 1/5/2013.

(Both) Posted on 11/27/2013: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?148549-Seeded-team-most-likely-to-lose-in-the-round-of-16&p=2060606&viewfull=1#post2060606

I believe McNeese will roll either Samford or Jack St handily and I also think they match up well with EWU. That would be a fun game to watch. History says McNeese struggles up north but this is an entirely new McNeese team and coach that and when it comes to football history past 4 years is garbage. Only thing it's good for us recruiting! McNeese has the athletes in the secondary to run with EWU and offensive they would score at will.
Jacksonville St beat McNeese St 31-10 on 12/7/2013.

As far as our side I don't really see us having trouble with SUU. We are getting healthy and in most peoples eyes as well as my own our extremely fortunate to be in the playoffs and our boys will be looking to prove themselves deserving. Anytime you get a matchup with a conference foe its usually going to be much more of a dogfight as the teams know each other so well. I always hated rematches when we won the first game. Whoever wins I see Maine on the schedule next. I don't see them losing to New Hampshire twice in a row. Not really familiar with what Maine does but IMO that conference is pretty weak in general and SELA shouldn't have any issues with them and if we play the football we are capable of we shouldn't either!

I predict an SLC opponent in the Fargo Dome and McNeese going to Eastern Ill. No matter what happens with the Kats I would be elated to get 2 teams in the semis! Honestly would love to see how SELA matches up against the bison but of course would be much happier if the Kats got to try for a 3rd time!
SHSU beat SUU 51-20 on 11/30/2013. SELA beat SHSU 30-29 on 12/7/2013. SELA lost to UNH 20-17 on 12/14/2013. UNH went to Fargo to be a sacrificial lamb.

Posted on 11/5/2016: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?188124-Selection-Committee-s-Top-10-11-3-16&p=2406446&viewfull=1#post2406446

Keep on swingin' there tiger! xthumbsupx

YoUDeeMan
November 5th, 2016, 01:01 AM

Why? They both suck, and anyone could see that even if they played a high school team. ISU #25 is looking pretty good, but their team is shockingly short on talent.
For giggles though, I'll watch the SDSU/ISU game this weekend.

YoUDeeMan
November 5th, 2016, 01:05 AM
I tried on page 38!

UND is #1 (or maybe #30). And I could be RIGHT!

This WHOLE thread is all a cluster****** about HOME field in the playoffs. Nobody is making a strong argument about the 10 teams. Another 14 are gonna join them any fight it out. A couple of locations make for a strong home field, but going to the FDome or the Inferno is the whole point of finding the best. Everyone please take a chill pill.

Maybe drinking more beer (hopefully until unconscious) would work.

You can say something like that again!

YoUDeeMan
November 5th, 2016, 01:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDS6izhk1ZE

F,F,K,K,K,K,F,M,K

YoUDeeMan
November 5th, 2016, 01:16 AM

Why don't you say something righteous and beautiful for a change?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncbEucjsNFU

As for speaking Canadian, apparently you haven't been to Canada. You really should venture out of the South more often. xcoffeex

YoUDeeMan
November 5th, 2016, 01:23 AM
Greatness ;)

Butt aren't you guys down river from NDSU's toilets? xeyebrowx

kalm
November 5th, 2016, 06:55 AM
JFC, kalm...UNI is NOT a good team.

I didn't say they were. We were comparing resumes between two teams and UNI is the 5th best win on EWU's schedule. Notice I didn't list them on NDSU's? Because NDSU has 5 better wins.

JFC, Cluck...sometimes you need to slow down in order to catch up.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 07:08 AM
^^^^^ WOW...ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF A REALLY DUMB POST.

Do you guys have your water checked for lead?

Lehigh didn't make the playoffs last year because the committee didn't think they were a good enough team...NOT because they had a weak schedule. IF Lehigh had won their games in a more impressive fashion, and were a strong enough team, they'd have made the playoffs, regardless of their schedule. Instead, they struggled and barely won a good chunk of their games. Yes, the schedule was weak...but if they had destroyed their opponents, and put up a fight against JMU, they would have been in the playoffs with only one loss.

Hey troll, you want a medal or chest to pin it on?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 07:13 AM

Good.

Pad the OOC schedule with cupcakes.

70MilesFromCanada
November 5th, 2016, 07:22 AM
Quote Originally Posted by fmrbearkat

"I didn't say I didn't have time...I said I didn't care about your teams...

im actually laying on a couch in a hospital with my wife asleep in the bed and 28 hour old son in the bassinet. Life is grand."

Best post in this whole damn thread! Congrats to all.

No_Skill
November 5th, 2016, 07:24 AM
Good.

Pad the OOC schedule with cupcakes.

He forgot und.

kalm
November 5th, 2016, 07:33 AM
Honest question. When comparing resume's why does it matter how much control a team has over its scheduling? Isn't it simply which team is more deserving regardless?

You'd think more people would appreciate the concept of having to earn the respect.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 07:35 AM
He forgot und.

xthumbsupx

To bad NDSU didn't play the hawks from 2004 to 2014....win streak would be great!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 07:37 AM
Honest question. When comparing resume's why does it matter how much control a team has over its scheduling? Isn't it simply which team is more deserving regardless?

You'd think more people would appreciate the concept of having to earn the respect.

Really subjective

For example shouldn't a team be given more credit for scheduling 3 OOC games like, for example (Montana, JSU, or a NDSU) compared with SWAC, Pioneer, or D2 teams?

CockyGeek
November 5th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Those are both name-your-own-score games right at the beginning of the season. Good grief. They won't be able to talk about MVFC pride next year at all.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Sammy94
November 5th, 2016, 07:50 AM
This thread oddly resembles a broken record.

Posted on 12/17/2012: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126341-Bearkats-WIN-and-here-s-why!&p=1920576&viewfull=1#post1920576

Posted on 1/3/2013: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126648-NDSU-Vs-SHSU-Title-Game-Thread-SMACK-FREE-VERSION&p=1927050&viewfull=1#post1927050

NDSU beat SHSU 39-13 on 1/5/2013.

(Both) Posted on 11/27/2013: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?148549-Seeded-team-most-likely-to-lose-in-the-round-of-16&p=2060606&viewfull=1#post2060606

Jacksonville St beat McNeese St 31-10 on 12/7/2013.

SHSU beat SUU 51-20 on 11/30/2013. SELA beat SHSU 30-29 on 12/7/2013. SELA lost to UNH 20-17 on 12/14/2013. UNH went to Fargo to be a sacrificial lamb.

Posted on 11/5/2016: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?188124-Selection-Committee-s-Top-10-11-3-16&p=2406446&viewfull=1#post2406446

Keep on swingin' there tiger! xthumbsupx
Bored are ya?

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2016, 08:02 AM
Bored are ya?
Not really. I'm sure I could've come up with more examples of insecurity and false bravado by your boy there but I had to go to bed. That was about a 10 minute exercise.

Serpentor
November 5th, 2016, 08:03 AM
Serpentor get your ass over here and make this official dammit

Serpentor is already speaking with Dr. Mindbender to make this happen. The mighty Bearkats of SHSU must meet with the Killer Bunnies of South Dakota State, THIS, I COMMAND!

milleniumkat
November 5th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Funny that I don't remember these idiots crowing when it came time to "play our teams "in 2010. They have no FCS knowledge to add to the conversation. Just a bunch of BS when they think their team may be able to back it up.

No one knew your site existed...cuz no one pays attention to Mid Western states until they brush up against them. Then, some things don't wash off so easily.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 08:06 AM
I love watching the fans of teams struggling for relevance whine.

Another one of your whole 35 posts that is nonsense....xthumbsupx

Relevance you say.......ya, it is awesome watching the greatest college FB dynasty continue to march along....

Are you bringing out your runner up t-shirt this weekend?

xlolx

milleniumkat
November 5th, 2016, 08:06 AM

Who does your team play this week?

Raven Maniac
November 5th, 2016, 08:09 AM
Another one of your whole 35 posts that is nonsense....xthumbsupx

Relevance you say.......ya, it is awesome watching the greatest college FB dynasty continue to march along....

Are you bringing out your runner up t-shirt this weekend?

xlolx

So how many post do I have to make before I can be self important like you!

milleniumkat
November 5th, 2016, 08:14 AM
I see that PantherBoob82 is now a Cowboy groupie. lol That's cool. Who knows, maybe they pull a shocker and you get to say you were right. And yes, i'll let you give it to me good.

Why don't we just start having coaches recruit teams, set the depth charts, input playbooks and let the computers run simulations on the games and we can run through the season in about 5 minutes.

We can save a lot of time and money for sure.

And since none of the Nerd SHSU haters on here feel that what happens on the field matters as much as a computer says, that may be the best way to go anyway. Because situations, matchups and such clearly have no bearing on actual outcomes.

How many FCS championships has a PC or Mac ever won?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 08:16 AM

With way you are going.....not enough posts and never!!

xlolxxnodx

TennBison
November 5th, 2016, 08:20 AM
I see that PantherBoob82 is now a Cowboy groupie. lol That's cool. Who knows, maybe they pull a shocker and you get to say you were right. And yes, i'll let you give it to me good.

Why don't we just start having coaches recruit teams, set the depth charts, input playbooks and let the computers run simulations on the games and we can run through the season in about 5 minutes.

We can save a lot of time and money for sure.

And since none of the Nerd SHSU haters on here feel that what happens on the field matters as much as a computer says, that may be the best way to go anyway. Because situations, matchups and such clearly have no bearing on actual outcomes.

How many FCS championships has a PC or Mac ever won?

In the last 5 years my computer has won 5 National Championships. It picked NDSU every time. How many times has your computer crashed and burned when you asked it if SHSU was going to win one?????

milleniumkat
November 5th, 2016, 08:21 AM
In the last 5 years my computer has won 5 National Championships. It picked NDSU every time. How many times has your computer crashed and burned when you asked it if SHSU was going to win one?????

Screen Savers don't count. Try again

milleniumkat
November 5th, 2016, 08:22 AM

Lol. Let's just settle this by each team's best NCAA Football Gamer doing it for all the marbles!! Yeah! That's the ticket!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 5th, 2016, 08:22 AM

Don't worry most of these newbie Sammy clowns will be gone soon enough....xlolx

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2016, 08:31 AM
YOU WERE ALL WARNED!

*steals the internet*

He told you!

milleniumkat
November 5th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Don't worry most of these newbie Sammy clowns will be gone soon enough....xlolx

Yes, then all of you whiney Tundra Shut-ins can have your suck fest back. You an all go back to circle jerking to the latest Sagarin standings. School fight songs "Fap. Fap. Fap. Fap."

kdinva
November 5th, 2016, 09:08 AM
If Chuck South wins out, finishes 8-2, they may stay in that top-10, as games today and later (IE: JMU-UR; Citadel-Samford, JMU-'Nova, etc) will elimate others....

kdinva
November 5th, 2016, 09:10 AM
IF Samford wins today, and they are not in next week's list.....xslapfightx

1. Jacksonville St
2. Sam Houston St
3. Eastern Washington
4. North Dakota St
5. James Madison
6. The Citadel
7. Richmond
8. Chattanooga
9. Charleston Southern
10. Central Arkansas

ElCid
November 5th, 2016, 09:16 AM
IF Samford wins today, and they are not in next week's list.....xslapfightx

Samford has not been getting a lot of love to date. But if they do win today, having beat two teams in the top ten, then they will have legit gripe.

grizband
November 5th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Going to be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out!

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2016, 09:24 AM
I'm trolling all these butthurt coat tail riders. And I don't finally feel like we "have a chance". I've felt that way for the last 5 years. And I'd say getting to the semis nearly every year it's apparent to sane people that we have "had a chance". Just haven't capitalized. Of course I know we wouldn't run through the playoffs blowing people out. I'm not an idiot. Im messing with a bunch of butthurt valley coattail riders and one cocky cock. Do I think we have a good shot of winning it all...of course I do. Watching practice from day one was a different level of focus and detail. That has translated to our game day opponents no matter how weak they are. It's different than I personally have ever seen.

Fact is Bison are not as good as they have been. Which as a statement in itself seems like a shun but I mean that is in they are actually beatable if you play a great game....and if you get them outside of Frisco. I'm not concerned about noise of Fargo dome. I'm concerned about multiple weeks for Bison to game plan. If NDSU goes to Frisco then might as well get a head start on engraving.

Bison in Huntsville or any other team out there I like our chances any time, anywhere. So yeah I feel like we FINALLY....have a chance...AGAIN.....for the 6th year in a row...

You know it's good when they start backpedaling with three games left in the season.

stevdock
November 5th, 2016, 09:25 AM
I haven't read this entire thread, just bits and pieces, but the Chairman in his interview more or less said they didn't do their homework yet. They took recommendations from the league reps and went from there. He said in the coming weeks they will have a lot of committee members dive into more numbers to start to differentiate teams. If you are coming up with this list, why wouldn't you already start doing that? He stated many times this list was who everyone agreed upon was the Top 10 teams. So just state in no order these are our Top 10 teams? Then in upcoming weeks when the committee does their homework then come up with ranking everyone.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Bored are ya?

If he's bored, what are you guys? Things must get real slow down south before Thanksgiving for all of you guys to all of the sudden have time to jump on the message board. xlolx

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2016, 09:31 AM
xembarrassedx
Serpentor is already speaking with Dr. Mindbender to make this happen. The mighty Bearkats of SHSU must meet with the Killer Bunnies of South Dakota State, THIS, I COMMAND!

I love you, Serpentor. xembarrassedx

- - - Updated - - -

No one knew your site existed...cuz no one pays attention to Mid Western states until they brush up against them. Then, some things don't wash off so easily.

They didn't know about this site, yeah a lot of them signed up over 5 years ago. Amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

If it was a good one, one would be fine.

Bison56
November 5th, 2016, 09:34 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JSUSoutherner again

CappinHard
November 5th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Watching practice from day one was a different level of focus and detail..

Wait... You watch Sammy practices?! Yeah, seems like you are super busy and don't have much extra time.

Also, you stated in another post that SDSU would have to win out to make it to the playoffs. This is not true. We could lose one more and be 7-4. I know it's hard to believe, being from the Southland conference, but you don't have to be undefeated or 10-1 to make the playoffs if you play a difficult schedule.

fmrbearkat
November 5th, 2016, 09:41 AM
You know it's good when they start backpedaling with three games left in the season.

if you look at my post from the this season up until this thread and 2 others this week...most of them are logical. I just bumped it up the trolling speed earlier than usual 👍

ST_Lawson
November 5th, 2016, 09:44 AM
If he's bored, what are you guys? Things must get real slow down south before Thanksgiving for all of you guys to all of the sudden have time to jump on the message board. xlolx

Is this worse than usual? I don't seem to remember it being quite so bad in years past.

Also, did you lose a bet or are you just deciding to support McNeese now since UNI has been frustrating this year (re: your avatar pic)?

fmrbearkat
November 5th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Wait... You watch Sammy practices?! Yeah, seems like you are super busy and don't have much extra time.

Also, you stated in another post that SDSU would have to win out to make it to the playoffs. This is not true. We could lose one more and be 7-4. I know it's hard to believe, being from the Southland conference, but you don't have to be undefeated or 10-1 to make the playoffs if you play a difficult schedule.

I live 20 min from the stadium. One of our locations is in Huntsville. They practice at 6am so some some days I go in early. And again....never said I don't have time. I said I didn't care about your team until playoff time. ��

Sammy94
November 5th, 2016, 09:48 AM

you got the wrong guy cowboy rob. I'm here year round. Did you lose a bet or do you always ditch your good on paper team? I know what it is....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23806&stc=1

Bison56
November 5th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Going to be do quiet around here when all the SHSU Novemberists dissappear.

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2016, 10:03 AM
Is this worse than usual? I don't seem to remember it being quite so bad in years past.

Also, did you lose a bet or are you just deciding to support McNeese now since UNI has been frustrating this year (re: your avatar pic)?
Illinois State was a little rough the last 2 years, but nothing this bad.

I will be sporting the avatar of whoever is playing SHSU until they lose. :D

PantherRob82
November 5th, 2016, 10:04 AM
you got the wrong guy cowboy rob. I'm here year round. Did you lose a bet or do you always ditch your good on paper team? I know what it is....

How did I get the wrong guy if I included your entire fanbase? xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Does SHSU get in at 9-2? If they lose to UCA and a cupcake?

Sammy94
November 5th, 2016, 10:09 AM
How did I get the wrong guy if I included your entire fanbase? xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Does SHSU get in at 9-2? If they lose to UCA and a cupcake?

Yes but it won't happen. It'll be nice to see all the avatars come playoff time.

ST_Lawson
November 5th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Illinois State was a little rough the last 2 years, but nothing this bad.

I will be sporting the avatar of whoever is playing SHSU until they lose. :D

That's kinda what I was thinking.

Avatar - that's a great idea...Geaux Pokes!