PDA

View Full Version : Sam Houston State's offense

Pages : 1 2 [3]

DirtyDukes
November 28th, 2016, 10:35 AM
yea buddy, we know you agree with The Pod's assessment. Cheers!

https://media.giphy.com/media/cyQ9PLf3mkNHO/giphy.gif

katstrapper
November 28th, 2016, 10:55 AM
I just cannot believe the stats of Sammy QB, WRs and RBs this season. This is by far the best offense in college football this year in my opinion.

Nobody on here will agree with you because SHSU didn't play anyone this year.

flyrod
November 28th, 2016, 12:09 PM

They
Didnt?
Oh wow Good to know.....
well hopefully both SHSU and JMU make it thru this round then they can play SOMEONE and not have that stigma put on them..

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 12:25 PM

I am beginning to see your point. Seems folks here only care about quality defeats / beat downs. Makes no sense to me..........I mean, what the heck is a quality loss and why should it matter?

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 12:27 PM
They
Didnt?
Oh wow Good to know.....
well hopefully both SHSU and JMU make it thru this round then they can play SOMEONE and not have that stigma put on them..

Somehow I think folks here will say Sammy win over JMU doesn't really count since JMU isn't a quality win.

flyrod
November 28th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Somehow I think folks here will say Sammy win over JMU doesn't really count since JMU isn't a quality win.

Or VICE VERSA!

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Or VICE VERSA!

Touche.

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Any chance Sammy's QB breaks the Vernon Adams season TD passing record against Chitty?

milleniumkat
November 28th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Most of us, as a group, do not need to get into a pissing match with you as we are not low hanging fruit and realize, to feed the trolls is what you want to have happen.

lol. Does your group have a name? A special name tag or handshake? Initiation? Who's fruit is it again?

www.MKsavedAGS.com

milleniumkat
November 28th, 2016, 03:56 PM
'

May be it will. But you still have to graduate to put the scenario to the test.

This is true. Lots of guys take 20 years so piss off.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

milleniumkat
November 28th, 2016, 04:00 PM
I just cannot believe the stats of Sammy QB, WRs and RBs this season. This is by far the best offense in college football this year in my opinion.

They'll just keep waiting for us to lose so they can post for a week about how they were right all along, but the nay sayers sure have quieted down as of late. They have begun to soften their tone in fear of not leaving themselves an out. their Kung Fu is weak.

They keep saying "One game does not define a season"...but as soon as we lose "one game"...(sadly it will be the first and last of the season)
They will then contradict themselves by saying "See THIS is who they really are at shsu" since we won't be able to rebound the next week.

Then they will spend the off season "being right". It's not rocket surgery figuring out the way these clowns operate. They need to be praying for an shsu loss if they are not already, because if we win it all, they are going to have a rough winter of 2016, spring, summer and fall of 2017.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

UNIFanSince1983
November 28th, 2016, 04:05 PM

The best offense in all of college football?

DirtyDukes
November 28th, 2016, 04:16 PM
The best offense in all of college football?

Ignore the October 2016 join date troll

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2016, 04:18 PM
He's averaging 23 posts a day. ****. I don't think even I was that loud last season.

Schism55
November 28th, 2016, 04:22 PM
He's averaging 23 posts a day. ****. I don't think even I was that loud last season.
Umm, you sure tried to be :D

kalm
November 28th, 2016, 06:31 PM

It's obviously a great offense but for a little comparison EWU averaged 41 ppg and 523 ypg playing Washington State, NDSU, and UNI. Replace those three opponents with OKP, Lamar, and HBU and I'm guessing our numbers might be pretty similar to SHSU's. Same goes for Brisco vs. Gubrud. Brisco threw an amazing number of TD's and leads Gubrud 52-40. Gubrud gets a little closer with his 4 rushing TD's and when you add his 628 rushing yards he's way ahead of Brisco in total yards.

fmrbearkat
November 28th, 2016, 06:37 PM

So your admitting he's not a novemberist....

Katfan
November 28th, 2016, 06:38 PM
It's obviously a great offense but for a little comparison EWU averaged 41 ppg and 523 ypg playing Washington State, NDSU, and UNI. Replace those three opponents with OKP, Lamar, and HBU and I'm guessing our numbers might be pretty similar to SHSU's. Same goes for Brisco vs. Gubrud. Brisco threw an amazing number of TD's and leads Gubrud 52-40. Gubrud gets a little closer with his 4 rushing TD's and when you add his 628 rushing yards he's way ahead of Brisco in total yards.
No doubt both had great years. Briscoe did have 1 rushing TD. I think all the D on one side of the field fell down and he still almost didn't make it in.

fmrbearkat
November 28th, 2016, 06:51 PM
No doubt both had great years. Briscoe did have 1 rushing TD. I think all the D on one side of the field fell down and he still almost didn't make it in.

I will say the last couple weeks he's made several fairly athletic scrambles and escapes. Not to confuse him as a mobile QB but it as enough to shock me.

cx500d
November 28th, 2016, 09:03 PM
I was skeptical, but with UCA's win against ISUr, I think the Southland is more legit than they've been given credit. I know I'm not looking forward to a game against SHSU. It hurt me to watch half the Bison games this year, and with Sammy on the same side of the bracket I'm not sure I can watch if NDSU survives that long.

Sam_Kats
November 28th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Does that mean that we SHOW UP in November or disappear in November??

cx500d
November 28th, 2016, 09:14 PM
I think you'll show up in December.

Thumper 76
November 28th, 2016, 09:18 PM
It's possible that they are the best offense, to say by far is the ridiculous part of that. I know ole km believes there's no way that TC for SDSU could have put up the same numbers against that schedule, and it's possible, but its not like its a huge gap between them. You figure that SDSU played against three top 15 defenses plus TCU, its not hard to fathom that he could have found an extra 70 passing yards per game in there. In the end we're going to find out, and hopefully its a matchup down in TX between SDSU and SHSU. That would be a FUN game. Lots of football to be played though and both teams have some tough matchups to get past for that to happen.

milleniumkat
November 29th, 2016, 06:59 AM
I was skeptical, but with UCA's win against ISUr, I think the Southland is more legit than they've been given credit. I know I'm not looking forward to a game against SHSU. It hurt me to watch half the Bison games this year, and with Sammy on the same side of the bracket I'm not sure I can watch if NDSU survives that long.

UCA has a close loss to Samford, A win over a good Ark State team, and a win over a slightly above average Ill State team. They have been saying for years that an average MVFC team could win the SLC. That does not appear to be the case this season. People make that claim, but as soon as said "average MVFC" team loses to the second place SLC team, the story quickly changes to "But they were only a game above .500"

www.MKsavedAGS.com

Gil Dobie
November 29th, 2016, 07:13 AM
Nobody, I mean NOBODY can stop the BearKats this year

katstrapper
November 29th, 2016, 07:17 AM
Nobody, I mean NOBODY can stop the Bearcats this year

Cincinnati BearCats were not that good this year....

Sam Houston BearKats have been pretty damn good this year.

katstrapper
November 29th, 2016, 07:21 AM
UCA has a close loss to Samford, A win over a good Ark State team, and a win over a slightly above average Ill State team. They have been saying for years that an average MVFC team could win the SLC. That does not appear to be the case this season. People make that claim, but as soon as said "average MVFC" team loses to the second place SLC team, the story quickly changes to "But they were only a game above .500"

www.MKsavedAGS.com (http://www.MKsavedAGS.com)

xnodx

The Pud
November 29th, 2016, 08:05 AM

^^^^^^this

BEAR
November 29th, 2016, 08:41 AM
It's no longer a game of Xs and Os but Jimmys and Joes this time of year. Sammy has them. Can anyone stop them is the question. I used to laugh about the hang 60 campaign the Beerkats had...looks like it is becoming a reality in Keeler's system. Now if they could have a defense.....

milleniumkat
November 29th, 2016, 09:17 AM
It's no longer a game of Xs and Os but Jimmys and Joes this time of year. Sammy has them. Can anyone stop them is the question. I used to laugh about the hang 60 campaign the Beerkats had...looks like it is becoming a reality in Keeler's system. Now if they could have a defense.....

held you guys to 16 until the final seconds...and you scored 31 in ILL state. We may not be great, but let's not say terrible.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

F'N Hawks
November 29th, 2016, 09:29 AM
Nobody, I mean NOBODY can stop the BearKats this year

UND COULD!!!! YEAAAAHHHH WOOOOOHHHHH!!!!

Oh wait.....they run a hurry-up spread with really good WR's? Just kidding.

Katfan
November 29th, 2016, 10:23 AM
held you guys to 16 until the final seconds...and you scored 31 in ILL state. We may not be great, but let's not say terrible.

Really but the next to last td, we held them on 4th down and refs called roughing on pj which was pretty weak imo that is.

milleniumkat
November 29th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Really but the next to last td, we held them on 4th down and refs called roughing on pj which was pretty weak imo that is.

I agree but i'm not going to lower myself to their standards by blaming refs.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

The Pud
December 2nd, 2016, 10:25 AM
I think Sammy's QB will break FCS TD passing record against the Mockingbirds (Mocs).

Bearkat90
December 2nd, 2016, 10:34 AM
We get to see how the Air Raid flies in the driving rain

TheEagleSHSU
December 2nd, 2016, 10:37 AM
We get to see how the Air Raid flies in the driving rain

Won't be driving rain. Winds will be max 7mph, so like Forest Gump said "We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin’ rain … and big ol’ fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath.”

TNshadetree
December 2nd, 2016, 12:43 PM
I've never seen a fan base so frightened of rain. My favorite comment was "Maybe they'll move the game to Friday".

Sammy94
December 2nd, 2016, 12:49 PM
I've never seen a fan base so frightened of rain. My favorite comment was "Maybe they'll move the game to Friday".

Not the rain, it is the threat of lightning. I guess you don't understand game delays and how that affects a game. Looks like the threat of lightning isn't going to be that bad so lace'em up and let's get it.

fmrbearkat
December 2nd, 2016, 12:52 PM
Not the rain, it is the threat of lightning. I guess you don't understand game delays and how that affects a game. Looks like the threat of lightning isn't going to be that bad so lace'em up and let's get it.Plus there is zero cover at our stadium inside or out. Barely any over the concession. If its a lightning delay that means fans head to the car. Which means ALOT will head home or be stuck in a car for a very long time.

TNshadetree
December 2nd, 2016, 12:56 PM
I understand game delays. I also understand fans crying about how the rain might hamper their passing game.
I don't remember post about how lightening benefits Chattanooga, just rain.

fmrbearkat
December 2nd, 2016, 01:47 PM
I understand game delays. I also understand fans crying about how the rain might hamper their passing game.

I actually posted awhile back that I don't think it will hurt him at all. He's a big kid with huge hands. I think it's thinks more of the concern comes from the delays, missed snaps, punt drops, and other crazy things that equalize games that other wise wouldn't be close.

katstrapper
December 2nd, 2016, 05:45 PM

I say the same thing on our own message board. People always complaining about the weather and what time the games start.

milleniumkat
December 2nd, 2016, 07:09 PM

Lightning is the issue. Obviously rain does hamper passing games. That's obvious and not up for debate. Doesn't mean it can't be done, we've shown it can in the past. But it's not an optimal situation. The rain is normal football weather. Lightning can kill people dummy.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 02:53 PM
Looks like Sammy's QB is off to a fast start against Chitty

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 03:08 PM
I thought Sammy's weak SOS was reason why Sammy's QB stats are like video game stats. I guess you so called smart posters were wrong. Ha!

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 03:42 PM
I think PJ Hall is the best DE in the country. The Pod said it!

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 04:20 PM
Sammy's QB 3 TD passes. I think that breaks Vernon Adams season TD passing record.

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 04:34 PM
another TD for Sammy's QB. WOW!

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 04:43 PM
Sammy's QB ties FCS season TD passing record at 56 TDs for the season!!!! Just WOW!!!!

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 05:00 PM
WOW!!!!! Another TD pass by Sammy's QB!!!! That is 57 TDs for the season, and a new FCS season TD passing record!!!!!

grizband
December 3rd, 2016, 05:04 PM
Still wish they tracked playoff stats in career marks before 2002...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 05:10 PM
Still wish they tracked playoff stats in career marks before 2002...

They do sir

grizband
December 3rd, 2016, 05:28 PM
They do sir
They do not...ncaa didn't start including playoff stats in career records until 2002 or 2003

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 05:32 PM
They do not...ncaa didn't start including playoff stats in career records until 2002 or 2003

My Donald Trump voice............"WRONG"

grizband
December 3rd, 2016, 05:32 PM
My Donald Trump voice............"WRONG"
Nope, I'm not...Sorry. If they did, Dickenson would be much higher in the career lists...

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 05:33 PM
Nope, I'm not...Sorry

Sammy's QB breaks FCS season TD passing record.............57 TD passes! WOW

grizband
December 3rd, 2016, 05:34 PM
That's your response...?

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 05:35 PM
That's your response...?

sure, why not..............**** man, 57 TD passes in a season! Holy Batman!

grizband
December 3rd, 2016, 05:37 PM
It's pretty crazy...just wish they would include playoffs for everyone...

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 05:37 PM
It's pretty crazy...just wish they would include playoffs for everyone...

I wonder why they do not?

grizband
December 3rd, 2016, 05:53 PM
I wonder why they do not?
I've often asked myself that...the decided to in 2002 or 2003, but also decided not to make the change retroactively

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 09:39 PM
I think Sammy's QB will be playing on Sundays. Just a feeling.

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2016, 10:07 PM
I think Sammy's QB will be playing on Sundays. Just a feeling.

http://i.imgur.com/seh6p.gif

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 10:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/seh6p.gif

57 TDs this season..............yea, I say he is definitely NFL caliber sir.

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2016, 10:29 PM
So would you say these stats are NFL caliber?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24013&stc=1

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2016, 10:31 PM

How about this?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24014&stc=1

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2016, 10:33 PM

Or this QB?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24015&stc=1

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2016, 10:37 PM
I'll give you a clue, #3 will end up being more successful for their NFL career than the other 2 and the other 2 were like your stat whore boy. Point being, stats are not everything and to think he will being playing on Sunday's is quite laughable. He can be 6ft 3in and that is great, but he will not be playing on Sundays as a QB.

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 10:39 PM
I'll give you a clue, #3 will end up being more successful for their NFL career than the other 2 and the other 2 were like your stat whore boy. Point being, stats are not everything and to think he will being playing on Sunday's is quite laughable. He can be 6ft 3in and that is great, but he will not be playing on Sundays as a QB.

someone seems a bit jealous. maybe warm milk will cheer you up. Sammy's QB will play in the NFL baby!

TheKingpin28
December 3rd, 2016, 10:43 PM
someone seems a bit jealous. maybe warm milk will cheer you up. Sammy's QB will play in the NFL baby!

You're as delusional as the czar. #awfulwhiteqbs

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 10:45 PM
You're as delusional as the czar. #awfulwhiteqbs

yawwwn

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 11:16 PM
Wow, this thread has reached 58 pages. LOL!

Schwarz04
December 3rd, 2016, 11:29 PM

Hahahahahahaahhahaaxlolxxnodx

The Pud
December 4th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Hahahahahahaahhahaaxlolxxnodx

Yes sir...........57 TDs in a season will definitely get your noticed by a few NFL scouts.

The Pud
December 5th, 2016, 06:22 AM
Yes sir...........57 TDs in a season will definitely get your noticed by a few NFL scouts.

How many TD passes this season has EWU QB thrown? Asking for a friend. Thanks

kalm
December 5th, 2016, 06:38 AM
How many TD passes this season has EWU QB thrown? Asking for a friend. Thanks

Thrown? 49. We've also had 6 rushing from the QB position and against a superior schedule. But I agree that Briscoe might be a NFL QB. He certainly has the metrics.

The Pud
December 5th, 2016, 07:17 AM
Thrown? 49. We've also had 6 rushing from the QB position and against a superior schedule. But I agree that Briscoe might be a NFL QB. He certainly has the metrics.

Thanks for info kalm. I wasn't sure of EWU QB stats. He will hit his 50th TD for sure this weekend, no doubt. I think EWU and Sammy's QB will both be playing on Sundays in the future. Good luck on your game this weekend sir.

UNIFanSince1983
December 5th, 2016, 07:29 AM

And he will probably have an illustrious career just like Colt Brennan, David Klingler, BJ Symons et al.

kalm
December 5th, 2016, 07:33 AM
Thanks for info kalm. I wasn't sure of EWU QB stats. He will hit his 50th TD for sure this weekend, no doubt. I think EWU and Sammy's QB will both be playing on Sundays in the future. Good luck on your game this weekend sir.

Thanks. You as well. I have us meeting in the chipper. Then again I'm near last in the bracket challenge. xthumbsupx

Katfan
December 5th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Thanks. You as well. I have us meeting in the chipper. Then again I'm near last in the bracket challenge. xthumbsupx
That's ok I have us meeting as well and I'm in 4th.

Schwarz04
December 5th, 2016, 09:41 AM

No argument there I'm sure it will. But there's still a big gap between getting noticed by NFL scouts and playing on Sundays. Those scouts will look at more than his statistical metrics. Not saying its impossible,just a long shot still.

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2016, 10:12 AM

And I'm sure he'll be competing for the Grey Cup when his time at Sam is done

Daytripper
December 5th, 2016, 10:14 AM
And I'm sure he'll be competing for the Grey Cup when his time at Sam is done

Seems a fella named Warren Moon won a few of those before coming south to the NFL.

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Seems a fella named Warren Moon won a few of those before coming south to the NFL.

And Briscoe might take the same path, but Moon's story isn't a universal one

BNATION
December 5th, 2016, 10:25 AM

There is always a chance. They best FCS quarterback still stands a low percentage of making a NFL QB, as does the best FBS.... Great College player for now and more than anyone wants to handle. Thats for sure.

Daytripper
December 5th, 2016, 10:27 AM

Agree. I think of all of the great college QBs that never made in in the NFL. There are so many intangibles that go in to making up a successful NFL quarterback. The most difficult position in sports.

Bearkat90
December 5th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Our he might have a long career like Bearkat ex Josh Mccowan

And he will probably have an illustrious career just like Colt Brennan, David Klingler, BJ Symons et al.

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2016, 12:02 PM
Agree. I think of all of the great college QBs that never made in in the NFL. There are so many intangibles that go in to making up a successful NFL quarterback. The most difficult position in sports.

That's it. Were Colt Brennan, BJ Symond, Kliff Kingsbury, Timmy Chang, etc great QBs because they had great YD numbers or was it due to being the perfect fit for their system? Vince Young comes to mind as well

The Pud
December 5th, 2016, 12:57 PM
That's it. Were Colt Brennan, BJ Symond, Kliff Kingsbury, Timmy Chang, etc great QBs because they had great YD numbers or was it due to being the perfect fit for their system? Vince Young comes to mind as well

Vince Young made it to the NFL and played, but I do not think Timmy Chang did.

Any FCS QBs besides Romo, Dak and Wentz playing in NFL? Curious question, any SFA QBs make it to NFL?

JayMYou
December 5th, 2016, 01:05 PM

Another challenge to overcome for FCS quarterbacks is just the nature of playing at a lower level. It's more difficult to be prepared for an NFL camp when, on the whole, you're spending your 4 years with less talented/experienced coaches, slower/smaller competition, etc. You're sometimes a victim of your environment.

UNIFanSince1983
December 5th, 2016, 01:10 PM

Any FCS QBs besides Romo, Dak and Wentz playing in NFL? Curious question, any SFA QBs make it to NFL?

Well Dak came from Miss St. so he isn't. Garoppolo, Flacco, and Josh McCown all played at FCS schools as well.

cx500d
December 5th, 2016, 02:14 PM

Flacco, garropolo come to mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytripper
December 5th, 2016, 03:06 PM
Another challenge to overcome for FCS quarterbacks is just the nature of playing at a lower level. It's more difficult to be prepared for an NFL camp when, on the whole, you're spending your 4 years with less talented/experienced coaches, slower/smaller competition, etc. You're sometimes a victim of your environment.

The dreaded "speed of the game."

milleniumkat
December 5th, 2016, 03:41 PM

For the record even P5 The QB's suffer from the same issue.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

milleniumkat
December 5th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Well Dak came from Miss St. so he isn't. Garoppolo, Flacco, and Josh McCown all played at FCS schools as well.

Romo Eastern ILL

Sorry, just saw romo was mentioned.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2016, 06:00 PM

Vince Young sucked ass in the NFL, which is my point. Success in college doesn't equate to automatic success in NFL

Our Peyton award winner became a coach. SFA has delivered great players though like Larry Centers and Jeremiah Trotter

The Pud
December 5th, 2016, 06:56 PM
Vince Young sucked ass in the NFL, which is my point. Success in college doesn't equate to automatic success in NFL

Our Peyton award winner became a coach. SFA has delivered great players though like Larry Centers and Jeremiah Trotter

I am not familiar with either of these two gentlemen. They are both QBs?

milleniumkat
December 5th, 2016, 07:35 PM

I love you Rev. I do. And i don't say it enough. And it's not the booze buddy.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

katstrapper
December 5th, 2016, 09:03 PM
For the record even P5 The QB's suffer from the same issue.

Yep, how many Heisman winning QB's have made it in the last 10 years?

milleniumkat
December 5th, 2016, 09:04 PM
Yep, how many Heisman winning QB's have made it in the last 10 years?

let me say....zero? One?

www.MKsavedAGS.com

katstrapper
December 5th, 2016, 09:28 PM
let me say....zero? One?

Well surprisingly more than I thought....

2002 Carson Palmer (Starter Bengals & Cardinals)
2004 Matt Leinart (Cardinals)
2008 Sam Bradford ( Starter Rams, Eagles, Vikings)
2010 Cam Newton (Starter Panthers)
2011 RGIII ( Starter Redskins & Browns ........Although he has been hurt his whole career)
2012 Johnny Manziel ( He gone)
2013 Jamis Winston (Starter Buccaneers)
2014 Marcus Mariota (Starter Titans)

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2016, 09:57 PM
I am not familiar with either of these two gentlemen. They are both QBs?

You aren't familiar with a lot of things, including reality

The Pud
December 6th, 2016, 06:17 AM
You aren't familiar with a lot of things, including reality

a little touchy this morning I see. hope your day gets better.

The Pud
December 6th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Sammy couldn't even beat the OVC autobid and that conference sucks. :D

Looks like Sammy will not be given that opportunity since the OVC lone playoff invitee was eliminated in their 1st playoff game. Ouch.

The Pud
December 7th, 2016, 06:36 AM
Well that QB threw for 300 yards in the first half of his first game, I am not sure he will remember parts of his second game but he hung in there and made some plays despite taking some big hits. So I'll give him some credit.

The team that spanked SDSU beat Northwestern, yeah even the worst of the MVFC beats solid Big 10 teams.

Congratulations sir for being in the best conference ever. Maybe FCS shouldn't bother with having a playoff system?

The Pud
December 7th, 2016, 01:21 PM
I understand Sammy's QB is cleared to play for Fridays game. Seems his MRI came out ok and he is being rested until tomorrow before he takes some reps. I suppose it is possible for Sammy's QB to throw 3 to 5 TD passes on JMU? Maybe 6?

BEAR
December 7th, 2016, 02:26 PM
I understand Sammy's QB is cleared to play for Fridays game. Seems his MRI came out ok and he is being rested until tomorrow before he takes some reps. I suppose it is possible for Sammy's QB to throw 3 to 5 TD passes on JMU? Maybe 6?

I predict he will: Throw a common forward passes for a touchdown, three behind the back passes for first downs, one backwards pass for a TD, shoot one like a free throw for another, and two more TD passes to himself. xlolx

Daytripper
December 7th, 2016, 02:31 PM
I predict he will: Throw a common forward passes for a touchdown, three behind the back passes for first downs, one backwards pass for a TD, shoot one like a free throw for another, and two more TD passes to himself. xlolx

He's been practicing the drop-kick for extra points at practice. ;)

BEAR
December 7th, 2016, 02:38 PM

I heard he is a liability in the run game...xeyebrowx

Daytripper
December 7th, 2016, 02:41 PM
I heard he is a liability in the run game...xeyebrowx

There is truth in this statement!

Katfan
December 7th, 2016, 04:00 PM
There is truth in this statement!
But only if it's a sweep involving a pitch.

The Pud
December 7th, 2016, 04:15 PM
But only if it's a sweep involving a pitch.

LOL!!

milleniumkat
December 7th, 2016, 05:02 PM

lolololololzie!

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

McNeese72
December 7th, 2016, 05:12 PM

I heard he was going to line up in the shotgun on extra points and then bicycle kick the snaps for PAT's.

Doc

DirtyDukes
December 7th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Here's an actual quote from Mike Houston:

"We're expecting him to line up in every position - Center, longsnapper, Punter. The kid can do it all. How much you wanna bet he can throw the football over those mountains? He's pretty much the greatest player we've ever seen."

http://www.dnronline.com/sports/sam-houston-state-s-keeler-aware-of-jmu-s-reynolds/article_479ac412-bc39-11e6-8938-cbdee25d5ec8.html

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2016, 04:40 AM
well all kidding aside, the vaunted passing game didn't look as vaunted when they played a good Defense, Chatty slowed it down some.... JMU not as good as Chatty on D, and JMU offense might be more explosive than the average Texan giving it credit for

prediction
JMU 60
SAM 53 in OT

The Pud
December 8th, 2016, 06:28 AM
The Pod's prediction:

Sammy 52
JMU 49

The Pud
December 8th, 2016, 07:48 AM
Good chance Sammy's QB reaches 60 TDS for the season on Friday.

The Pud
December 8th, 2016, 08:02 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24057&stc=1

The Pod has to admit, this Tee-shirt is pretty cool

FUBeAR
December 8th, 2016, 11:17 AM
https://s16.postimg.org/gq7udwj39/SHSUShirt.jpg

The Pod has to admit, this Tee-shirt is pretty cool

FTSFY :D

The Pud
December 8th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Fifty

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
December 8th, 2016, 01:14 PM

That is pretty funny. xlolx

stevdock
December 8th, 2016, 01:39 PM
The Pod's prediction:

Sammy 52
JMU 49

My observation:

LEARN TO PLAY DEFENSE

The Pud
December 8th, 2016, 02:01 PM
My observation:

LEARN TO PLAY DEFENSE
+1

Totally agree with you on this!

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2016, 02:06 PM

POTY! xlolx

milleniumkat
December 9th, 2016, 04:02 AM
well all kidding aside, the vaunted passing game didn't look as vaunted when they played a good Defense, Chatty slowed it down some.... JMU not as good as Chatty on D, and JMU offense might be more explosive than the average Texan giving it credit for

prediction
JMU 60
SAM 53 in OT

5 TD passes. The pass russ that finally made its way into the game too little too late evened it up. But they never showed they could cover us and they had #1 pass defense in the nation.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

milleniumkat
December 9th, 2016, 04:06 AM
I keep forgetting how Merica is a low scoring soccer nation now. #7-6ScoresAreBest

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

The Pud
December 9th, 2016, 06:51 AM
5 TD passes. The pass russ that finally made its way into the game too little too late evened it up. But they never showed they could cover us and they had #1 pass defense in the nation.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu (http://www.KinderGentlerMK.edu)

Sammy's QB may well even throw 7 TD passes against JMU after I watched the UNH vs. JMU again. The Pod sees potential where JMU secondary will bite on 1st move and get burned on deep routes, or give up lots of yards after catch.

#Toast

DirtyDukes
December 9th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Sammy's QB may well even throw 7 TD passes against JMU after I watched the UNH vs. JMU again. The Pod sees potential where JMU secondary will bite on 1st move and get burned on deep routes, or give up lots of yards after catch.

#Toast

Hey The Pod, if you really feel that way you're as bad at watching film as SHSU is at scheduling quality opponents.

The Pud
December 9th, 2016, 08:17 AM
Hey The Pod, if you really feel that way you're as bad at watching film as SHSU is at scheduling quality opponents.
The Pod has done his reseach sir, and Chattanooga defense is a bit better that JMU, which therefore leads me to the conclusion I set forth.

BNATION
December 9th, 2016, 08:19 AM
Can't help when the FbS teams back out and won't play us.... SLC will be much stronger next year, perennial powers like Mcnease Central Ark, and Southeastern will be very good. Also keep in mind 5-6 Nicholls took Georgia down to the wire 28-26.... not as weak as perceived.

The Pud
December 9th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Can't help when the FbS teams back out and won't play us.... SLC will be much stronger next year, perennial powers like Mcnease Central Ark, and Southeastern will be very good. Also keep in mind 5-6 Nicholls took Georgia down to the wire 28-26.... not as weak as perceived.
+2

XLunchBreakx

The Pud
December 9th, 2016, 02:50 PM
any word if Javen Webb, University of Houston transfer, will see some action at running back tonight? I understand he was injured mid-season, and The Pod is curious to know when we might see him back in action.

Bisonator
December 9th, 2016, 09:37 PM

#Toast
Lol where the **** is this asshat now?xlolx

Bison56
December 9th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Lol where the **** is this asshat now?xlolx
Won't be back until next November then will dissappear after another blowout.

milleniumkat
December 9th, 2016, 10:46 PM
Won't be back until next November then will dissappear after another blowout.

Do you guys seek out the ones that predicted wrong an beat them up? Get them fired? Rape their wives? What's the big deal? Is there a bomb on its way to Case Da MK?

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

milleniumkat
December 9th, 2016, 10:48 PM
It will be interesting to see how many Bison fans come back when/if they get bounced. It's easy to smile when you live at the top of the mountain.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

The_Raven
December 9th, 2016, 11:11 PM
No excuses, JMU was the better ball club tonight.

But I wondered if Briscoes injury would effect him. Saw where Keeler said Briscoe didn't practice all week.. Wish they would have given griffen a shot earlier in the game. Eh, oh well, look forward to next year!

Bisonator
December 9th, 2016, 11:12 PM
It will be interesting to see how many Bison fans come back when/if they get bounced. It's easy to smile when you live at the top of the mountain.

If your going to **** talk for weeks while your team is winning then be man enough to take it when they get **** on too. I and most of the Bison faithful will be here after the next Bison loss just like the last one.

milleniumkat
December 9th, 2016, 11:12 PM
If your going to **** talk for weeks while your team is winning then be man enough to take it when they get **** on too. I and most of the Bison faithful will be here after the next Bison loss just like the last one.

Buddy, i've been taking it for three hours. So...

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

Bisonator
December 9th, 2016, 11:13 PM
Buddy, i've been taking it for three hours. So...

And good on you for that now stop sticking up for your pussy ass puds.

milleniumkat
December 9th, 2016, 11:14 PM

But you haven't lost the BIG ONE yet. we'll see then. Losing games in the regular season don't mean squat, you still get to claim rings. When you lose that, then we'll see.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

milleniumkat
December 9th, 2016, 11:15 PM
And good on you for that now stop sticking up for your pussy ass puds.

I'm not sure what a "pussy ass pud is". So keep acting tough. I'll keep my word and remain respectful.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

Bisonator
December 9th, 2016, 11:16 PM
But you haven't lost the BIG ONE yet. we'll see then. Losing games in the regular season don't mean squat, you still get to claim rings. When you lose that, then we'll see.

I don't lose sleep over it. It's just a game bud. xthumbsupx

Bisonator
December 9th, 2016, 11:17 PM
I'm not sure what a "pussy ass pud is". So keep acting tough. I'll keep my word and remain respectful.

A pussy ass pud is just what I said, some **** talker who disappears when he gets some on him.

milleniumkat
December 9th, 2016, 11:31 PM
I don't lose sleep over it. It's just a game bud. xthumbsupx

We agree on that.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

Thumper 76

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

This is why you should root for SDSU tomorrow :D

milleniumkat
A pussy ass pud is just what I said, some **** talker who disappears when he gets some on him.

Got it.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

milleniumkat
December 9th, 2016, 11:34 PM
This is why you should root for SDSU tomorrow :D

There's no doubt about that!! But you don't want my mojo homey. Not right now. haha.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 10th, 2016, 12:09 AM
Where?

Longhorn
December 10th, 2016, 12:42 AM
The Pod has done his reseach sir, and Chattanooga defense is a bit better that JMU, which therefore leads me to the conclusion I set forth.

xlolx "research"...

I apologize. I was raised not to laugh at the stupidity of a mentally challenged individually.

xlolx

DirtyDukes
December 10th, 2016, 02:04 AM
Respect to MK for being here. Head up, man, I know that's a tough pill to swallow.

milleniumkat
December 10th, 2016, 05:18 AM
Respect to MK for being here. Head up, man, I know that's a tough pill to swallow.

eh, if you can live with giving those gotta be able to taking them. you guys did the deed. The respect is yours.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu