PDA

View Full Version : NFL Combine Invites

smallcollegefbfan
January 10th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Here is a list, by position, of FCS players who received combine invites.

CB Corey Graham New Hampshire
CB Travarous Bain Hampton
CB Michael Coe Alabama State
CB Bo Smith Weber State
DE Jacob Ford Central Arkansas
ILB Justin Durant Hampton
ILB Zak DeOssie Brown
OT Elliot Vallejo UC Davis
QB Matt Gutierrez Idaho State
RB Alonzo Coleman Hampton
RB Eldra Buckley Tenn.-Chattanooga (UTC)
SS Daren Stone Maine
SS Craig Dahl North Dakota State
TE Ben Patrick Delaware
WR Laurent Robinson Illinois State
WR David Ball New Hampshire
WR Aaron Fairooz Central Arkansas
WR Marquay McDaniel Hampton
WR Onrea Jones Hampton
WR Mike Mason Tennessee State

Jackluv
January 10th, 2007, 12:09 PM
i dont understand this list.....there were many better qb's other than Matt Gutierrez in the CS. i think Murrieta should hav been invited but i guess Gutierrez at 6'5 235 is better suited than a 6'1 215 lb NAU all american qb...they are lookin for NFL size....same with Eliot Vallejo. Not the best OT in the CS by far. i think that is a bad choice but i guess they are just lookin at him cuz he is a transfer from UCLA

WrenFGun
January 10th, 2007, 12:21 PM
I'm a little bummed Tucker Peterson didn't get an invite. He's a pretty talented guy. I'm ecstatic, however, about Corey Graham. It's good to see teams are still interested in him despite his knee injury. If he can have a good combine he may get drafted. This will also, of course, tell us if Ball will be a day 1 or a day 2 guy.

smallcollegefbfan
January 10th, 2007, 12:32 PM
To me the choices that I was very surprised at were:

CB Michael Coe Alabama State- Had a very good year, just surprised since most have not been talking about him at all. He is a I-A transfer too.
CB Bo Smith Weber State- a I-A transfer but he has baggage. He did have a good year in '06 though.
DE Jacob Ford Central Arkansas- Very good player, but surprising since his grade was not high in the spring.
SS Craig Dahl North Dakota State- I did not think he would but he was very good when I saw him. Glad that NFL teams finally recognize his talent, even though he was not graded in the spring.
WR Marquay McDaniel Hampton- He is fast, speed kills. That is probably why.
WR Onrea Jones Hampton- I know he has good size but he is a total shock.
WR Mike Mason Tennessee State- a very fast I-A transfer. We should have seen that one coming.

smallcollegefbfan
January 10th, 2007, 12:33 PM
i dont understand this list.....there were many better qb's other than Matt Gutierrez in the CS. i think Murrieta should hav been invited but i guess Gutierrez at 6'5 235 is better suited than a 6'1 215 lb NAU all american qb...they are lookin for NFL size....same with Eliot Vallejo. Not the best OT in the CS by far. i think that is a bad choice but i guess they are just lookin at him cuz he is a transfer from UCLA

They will add drills QBs. Meaning they will have about 3 guys who come and stay the whole week to throw passes.

I think Swogger, Rascati, and Murrietta all have a shot to be one of those guys.

LBPop
January 10th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Surprised that Marcus Mason wasn't on the list. Was it a size thing?

smallcollegefbfan
January 10th, 2007, 01:08 PM

I would think so.

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 10th, 2007, 01:17 PM

CB Bo Smith Weber State
ILB Zak DeOssie Brown
SS Daren Stone Maine
TE Ben Patrick Delaware
WR Onrea Jones Hampton
This list tells a story.

lizrdgizrd
January 10th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Where'd you get this info SCFBF?

lizrdgizrd
January 10th, 2007, 01:25 PM
This list tells a story.
What, that Hampton should have been better this season?

SUjagTILLiDIE
January 10th, 2007, 01:28 PM
What, that Hampton should have been better this season?Yes, and that almost half were from HBCU's.

HIU 93
January 10th, 2007, 01:31 PM
WR Onrea Jones Hampton- I know he has good size but he is a total shock.

I don't know why he is a "shock". He has good speed, great hands, and as you mentioned before, size. He will surprise a whole lot of folk at the combine.

JDC325
January 10th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Yes, and that almost half were from HBCU's.

and....? To bad it does not translate on the field or in the playoffs.

HIU 93
January 10th, 2007, 01:51 PM
and....? To bad it does not translate on the field...

It doesn't? Then how are the NFL scouts judging these players' abilities? What are they looking at in order to invite them to the combine? Tell me, because you obviously have some insight that the rest of us don't have.

NoSpinZone
January 10th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Got a full list of all invites?

NoSpinZone
January 10th, 2007, 02:19 PM
This list tells a story.

It tells another story as well. The lines are the hardest position to recruit.

NoCoDanny
January 10th, 2007, 02:21 PM
I'm surprised we didn't get a couple punters in there.

lizrdgizrd
January 10th, 2007, 02:31 PM
It doesn't? Then how are the NFL scouts judging these players' abilities? What are they looking at in order to invite them to the combine? Tell me, because you obviously have some insight that the rest of us don't have.
I think he was referring to Hampton's performance this season. One and out doesn't exactly scream NFL talent. : smh :

aggie6thman
January 10th, 2007, 07:47 PM

Vallejo was a beast during his time here at UCD. The guy is good and he is big, which helps to make it in the NFL.:twocents:

AppGuy04
January 10th, 2007, 09:10 PM
WR Mike Mason Tennessee State- a very fast I-A transfer. We should have seen that one coming.

This the same Mike Mason that went to North Carolina? Why did he transfer?

R.A.
January 10th, 2007, 09:27 PM
I think he was referring to Hampton's performance this season. One and out doesn't exactly scream NFL talent. : smh :

I'm sure former probowler Jerome Mathis (Houston), Jamal Brooks (St. Louis), and Darian Barnes (Tampa Bay) would agree with you...

smallcollegefbfan
January 10th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Where'd you get this info SCFBF?

This is an underground list that has been passed from an NFL scout.

It should start hitting the internet here in a week or two. They have not sent out the list of kickers, punters, long snappers, and underclassmen yet.

When they get them added then the list will be final.

I expect maybe 1-3 more FCS player to be added.

smallcollegefbfan
January 10th, 2007, 10:29 PM
I don't know why he is a "shock". He has good speed, great hands, and as you mentioned before, size. He will surprise a whole lot of folk at the combine.

Most don't know about him, that is why.

I do expect a 4.4 40 from him and he should show good hands. His numbers just aren't there though.

I know some are surprised that Hampton has this many guys and they were one and done. You have to remember that football is about the team, not just 5-7 guys. Langford, who returns next year, is the best prospect of them all. If you look at the rest of this team there is just about no talent projected to the NFL.

Bannister was about the only snub.

The rest of this team just has average speed and really if you look all of these guys, except for Shepherd, posted most of the production on both sides of the ball.

smallcollegefbfan
January 10th, 2007, 10:30 PM
This the same Mike Mason that went to North Carolina? Why did he transfer?

He got into some trouble I heard.

lizrdgizrd
January 11th, 2007, 08:18 AM
I'm sure former probowler Jerome Mathis (Houston), Jamal Brooks (St. Louis), and Darian Barnes (Tampa Bay) would agree with you...
I'm sorry, I didn't realize they played this year for Hampton....

smallcollegefbfan
January 11th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I think all fans will admit they would rather have national titles than send players to the combine though.

Playing late into December is a better feeling than having a playing workout at the combine I am sure.

HIU 93
January 11th, 2007, 09:06 AM

Those players (from all the schools) are evaluated on individual talent, not team performance. There are teams with losing records that send players to the combine every year.

HIU 93
January 11th, 2007, 09:08 AM

They didn't, but they played in "one and out" years.

lizrdgizrd
January 11th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Those players (from all the schools) are evaluated on individual talent, not team performance. There are teams with losing records that send players to the combine every year.
I'm not saying that the individual players aren't good but that with so many NFL prospects I'm surprised Hampton's coaches couldn't do a better job.

JDC325
January 11th, 2007, 10:20 AM

Just saying its to bad with all that "NFL" type talent Hampton cant translate it to victories on the field. You got to wonder what the heck is going on up there. I really dont know much about those specific kids, but with that much potential NFL talent someone is messing something up somewhere.

HIU 93
January 11th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Just saying its to bad with all that "NFL" type talent Hampton cant translate it to victories on the field.

Lets see 10-1 in 2006, 11-0 in 2005, 10-1 in 2004. Yeah, we haven't won any games. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

HIU 93
January 11th, 2007, 10:34 AM
I'm not saying that the individual players aren't good but that with so many NFL prospects I'm surprised Hampton's coaches couldn't do a better job.

Couldn't do a better job of what? Let's examine the records:

10-1 2004
11-0 2005
10-1 2006

What were we supposed to do a better job of? How many championships did y'all win before 2005? Did you ever have pro prospects? I know the answers to these questions, do you? I get it!!!! It's only Hampton and the MEAC right? Only Hampton and the MEAC can't win in the playoffs, right? The same crap that floats here all the time...

lizrdgizrd
January 11th, 2007, 10:48 AM

10-1 2004
11-0 2005
10-1 2006

What were we supposed to do a better job of? How many championships did y'all win before 2005? Did you ever have pro prospects? I know the answers to these questions, do you? I get it!!!! It's only Hampton and the MEAC right? Only Hampton and the MEAC can't win in the playoffs, right? The same crap that floats here all the time...
0 & yes. I'm not saying that you can't win in the playoffs, I'm just wondering why you haven't with talent like that. It seems to me that either your coaches are underachieving or that there is a gap in your recruiting. If you've got several NFL-level players but the rest are scrubs then there's a recruiting problem. Maybe take the time spent on some of the big guys to use to recruit more mid-level talent to raise the overall performance.

No hating here. Just seems odd that you'd have that level of talent and not do well in the playoffs.

HIU 93
January 11th, 2007, 12:27 PM
0 & yes. I'm not saying that you can't win in the playoffs, I'm just wondering why you haven't with talent like that. It seems to me that either your coaches are underachieving or that there is a gap in your recruiting. If you've got several NFL-level players but the rest are scrubs then there's a recruiting problem. Maybe take the time spent on some of the big guys to use to recruit more mid-level talent to raise the overall performance.

No hating here. Just seems odd that you'd have that level of talent and not do well in the playoffs.

Again, talent is judged individually. If you individually judge the talent of our offensive line, it wouldn't be as good as our skill players. That was the difference this year, and for the last three.

lizrdgizrd
January 11th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Again, talent is judged individually. If you individually judge the talent of our offensive line, it wouldn't be as good as our skill players. That was the difference this year, and for the last three.
Ah, so the problem is attracting quality linemen. That's the kind of problem I figured was going on. Do you see the recruiting focused on the skill positions or is it just a question of prospects that didn't pan out?

HIU 93
January 11th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Ah, so the problem is attracting quality linemen. That's the kind of problem I figured was going on. Do you see the recruiting focused on the skill positions or is it just a question of prospects that didn't pan out?

Recruits didn't pan out, not being able to get those cornfed Southwestern VA boys to come to the coast, etc., etc.

lizrdgizrd
January 11th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Recruits didn't pan out, not being able to get those cornfed Southwestern VA boys to come to the coast, etc., etc.
Heh, you'd think the beach would be a good draw! xlolx

HIU 93
January 11th, 2007, 01:22 PM

You know how it is in the mountains. Those country boys (hell, I'm one of 'em) are scared af anything remotely city. Like they are going to get some disease from just being around something urban.

lizrdgizrd
January 11th, 2007, 01:25 PM
You know how it is in the mountains. Those country boys (hell, I'm one of 'em) are scared af anything remotely city. Like they are going to get some disease from just being around something urban.
Plus linemen aren't that keen on being seen in a weenie bikini! xlolx

The Gadfly
January 11th, 2007, 01:28 PM

One would think :rolleyes: . But they end up going to the mountains :bang: .

I believe that comparing football programs to the amount of NFL stars that you have there is crazy. The NFL player is a completely different animal than the FCS player.

Jackluv
January 11th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Vallejo was a beast during his time here at UCD. The guy is good and he is big, which helps to make it in the NFL.:twocents:

i duno about that one, saw him play ...good all around size but not a fcs all american type tackle....i think the big tackle from Yale is more deserving
just my own opinion

Jackluv
January 11th, 2007, 06:32 PM

10-1 2004
11-0 2005
10-1 2006

.i agree about what they are saying...with all these individuals with crazy NFL talent, its a shame that the coaches couldnt put a National Championship team together...i can guarentee you have more talent than Montana but year in and year out they are deeep in the playoffs because of great all around coaching

R.A.
January 11th, 2007, 07:52 PM

No, it is I who am sorry. Perhaps I should have added that all three of Hampton's NFL players played for one and out Hampton Playoffs teams.

I think he was referring to Hampton's performance this season. One and out doesn't exactly scream NFL talent.

Peems
January 11th, 2007, 08:22 PM
what about courtney brown(i think thats his name) the DB from Cal Poly? i thought he definitely had a shot.

TexasTerror
January 11th, 2007, 08:50 PM
We all knew Hampton had talent. They have quite a few guys amongst the top FCS rated folks on the scouting service that I get...

Jerome Mathis needs to get his act together off the field...

Go Poly
January 11th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Why not include the Buck winner Kyle Shotwell from Cal Poly??:confused:

VT Wildcat Fan53
January 12th, 2007, 12:15 AM

10-1 2004
11-0 2005
10-1 2006

The UNH radio broadcasters and assembled media felt that Hampton University was the best team the Wildcats played all year which included UMASS, JMU, and Big 10 Northwestern. That statement was broadcast over the air. In addition, I think that that you will find the HU Head Coach to be one of the most respected men in the game, as well.

BTW, I'd call 31-2 a "pretty respectable" 3 year run for those talented seniors. And, UNH needed a late miracle to pull out a win over a HU team that blew by the 'Cats in the 2nd half. Hampton was just few unlucky bounces from facing UMASS in round 2 this year.

Good luck to all the Hampton prospects in the All-Star games and in the combine! :hurray:

youwouldno
January 12th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Another thing to consider is that Hampton, for instance, might focus on recruiting raw-but-fast players as a strategy to compete without great line play. FCS teams, and most BCS teams, do not care all that much about what kind of pro prospects they are getting, they care about what kind of collegiate players they are getting.

Hampton is no different, it's just that their strategy yields a greater number of players with the potential to play in the NFL due to their athleticism, even if they are sometimes risky signees initially. Their LB Durant is just plain good though, Furman's coaches were sad when he picked Hampton over the Paladins, turns out for good reason.

HIU 93
January 12th, 2007, 07:06 AM
.i agree about what they are saying...with all these individuals with crazy NFL talent, its a shame that the coaches couldnt put a National Championship team together...i can guarentee you have more talent than Montana but year in and year out they are deeep in the playoffs because of great all around coaching

That is not what I am saying at all. I love Coach Taylor. He is the best football coach we have had in the modern era. Montana has a great team. I watched them play their playoff game. The thing they have year in and year out which we struggle to get is a quality o-line. We also had about 65% of our starters injured for most of the season, including the playoff game.

lizrdgizrd
January 12th, 2007, 09:01 AM
No, it is I who am sorry. Perhaps I should have added that all three of Hampton's NFL players played for one and out Hampton Playoffs teams.
Yeah, I got that. My point is that there is something going on with either recruiting or coaching when you've got that level of talent on a team and stil can't get at least one win in the playoffs. HIU 93 pointed out earlier that Hampton struggles with recruiting quality linemen. That's certainly going to cost you in the playoffs. He recently pointed out that there were alot of starters injured for the playoffs. With a mediocre line and hurt skill players you're not going to make it far.

I think we've discovered the problem here: recruiting quality linemen. No dig on Hampton, but there's the weakness and the reason for the one and outs with such quality talent.

JMU2004
January 12th, 2007, 09:57 AM
The UNH radio broadcasters and assembled media felt that Hampton University was the best team the Wildcats played all year which included UMASS, JMU, and Big 10 Northwestern. That statement was broadcast over the air. In addition, I think that that you will find the HU Head Coach to be one of the most respected men in the game, as well.

BTW, I'd call 31-2 a "pretty respectable" 3 year run for those talented seniors. And, UNH needed a late miracle to pull out a win over a HU team that blew by the 'Cats in the 2nd half. Hampton was just few unlucky bounces from facing UMASS in round 2 this year.

Good luck to all the Hampton prospects in the All-Star games and in the combine! :hurray:

I think the UNH team and coaches might disagree with that. JMU flat out dominated UNH at home, and it could have been worse if JMU had not pulled a lot of starters in the 3rd quarter. HU probably had better recievers, but the JMU lines and backs plowed UNH

R.A.
January 12th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Yeah, I got that. My point is that there is something going on with either recruiting or coaching when you've got that level of talent on a team and stil can't get at least one win in the playoffs. HIU 93 pointed out earlier that Hampton struggles with recruiting quality linemen. That's certainly going to cost you in the playoffs. He recently pointed out that there were alot of starters injured for the playoffs. With a mediocre line and hurt skill players you're not going to make it far.

I think we've discovered the problem here: recruiting quality linemen. No dig on Hampton, but there's the weakness and the reason for the one and outs with such quality talent.

It's hard to defend that point when the top rusher in school and conference history just finished his career with four 1,000+ yard seasons, and is a top NFL prospect.

But mind you, I do feel that offensive line play is part of the problem.

lizrdgizrd
January 12th, 2007, 10:07 AM
It's hard to defend that point when the top rusher in school and conference history just finished his career with four 1,000+ yard seasons, and is a top NFL prospect.

If you don't think the line is the reason for poor playoff showings, would you say coaching is the problem?

JDC325
January 12th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Lets see 10-1 in 2006, 11-0 in 2005, 10-1 in 2004. Yeah, we haven't won any games. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

San Diego had a pretty good record too but....: smh : We are in FCS where the true test of how good your record is, is proven in the playoffs. I would expect any GSU team with that much potential NFL talent to be atleast going deep into the playoffs. I am not trying to take a swipe at your school or question the players ability, I am sure NFL scouts are not wasting their time unless they are very good.

HIU 93
January 12th, 2007, 04:34 PM

Coleman is that special. Our line has sucked for the last few years. The last time we had a good line was when the rest of our team was mediocre. We just haven't been able to put these two things together at the same time. However, we are GOING to get them together, and then the rest of FCS will have to look out.

th0m
January 13th, 2007, 02:02 PM
I think the UNH team and coaches might disagree with that. JMU flat out dominated UNH at home, and it could have been worse if JMU had not pulled a lot of starters in the 3rd quarter. HU probably had better recievers, but the JMU lines and backs plowed UNH

Indeed.

That Hampton squad nearly beat UNH, of course their broadcasters are gonna say it's the best they saw, it makes UNH look even better.

Having said that, I wish all the Hampton and other invitees the best of luck in the combines, and I'm sure they all deserve to be there!

NDSUFREAK
January 13th, 2007, 03:06 PM

CB Bo Smith Weber State
ILB Zak DeOssie Brown
SS Daren Stone Maine
TE Ben Patrick Delaware
WR Onrea Jones Hampton

Congrats Craig, and thanks for the memories of leading the great BISON defenses.++++++++++++++:hurray:

BrevardMountaineer03
January 14th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Okay, where was Murrell on that list.....He dominated the line of scrimmage for the last 2 years....I understand that he is undersized as a DE, but OLB he could be drafted. I think he will surprise people. Plus he has lineage from his brother.

Mr. C
January 14th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Coleman is that special. Our line has sucked for the last few years. The last time we had a good line was when the rest of our team was mediocre. We just haven't been able to put these two things together at the same time. However, we are GOING to get them together, and then the rest of FCS will have to look out.
Alonzo Coleman is indeed a special back. Only Jerry Azumah, Adrian Peterson and Steve Baylark are in the club with Coleman as backs who have rushed for 1,000 yards in four consecutive seasons. I don't care who you play for, that is something that catches your eye. Azumah and Peterson are established NFL players and I fully expect for Coleman and Baylark to make it in the NFL too.

smallcollegefbfan
January 14th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Why not include the Buck winner Kyle Shotwell from Cal Poly??:confused:

Not sure, they should have! He is in the Shrine Game which should attract more scouts. I think Shotwell is in the 2nd best game out there right now.

smallcollegefbfan
January 14th, 2007, 08:42 PM
Okay, where was Murrell on that list.....He dominated the line of scrimmage for the last 2 years....I understand that he is undersized as a DE, but OLB he could be drafted. I think he will surprise people. Plus he has lineage from his brother.

He played in the Magnolia game. He was also invited to the Texas vs. Nation game but he declined due to wanting to heal up. Rumor is Murrell has aggravated an injury and wants to rest for his pro day.

TexasTerror
January 14th, 2007, 08:57 PM
SmallCollegeFBFan...

Any word on DD Terry getting an NFL combine invite?

R.A.
January 15th, 2007, 03:14 AM
If you don't think the line is the reason for poor playoff showings, would you say coaching is the problem?

I said I do feel that offensive line play is part of the problem

I think there is a lot that goes into it however, not just the line.

mtgrizfan4life
January 15th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Rumor has it Josh Swogger has been invited. Trying to confirm it still. Anyone know for sure?

smallcollegefbfan
January 15th, 2007, 10:32 PM
SmallCollegeFBFan...

Any word on DD Terry getting an NFL combine invite?

Not yet. If he does it won't be known for a couple weeks publically.

smallcollegefbfan
January 15th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Rumor has it Josh Swogger has been invited. Trying to confirm it still. Anyone know for sure?

If he has it is like Ochs when he was. He would be a drills QB because on the initial list I saw he was not listed. That is as good or better than being on the normal list if you are a small school QB. You get to stay the whole week and show your stuff even more.

ysubigred
January 16th, 2007, 02:09 PM

I believe he is injured. Played all year with nagging injuries to hammy's. If he was 100% all year WOW!! :thumbsup:

Purple Pride
January 17th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Too lazy to check all the posts. So...Here's the University of Central ARkansas' #11 Jacob Ford::bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

(NC-17 language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyE5zZUVjOM

Go Poly
January 18th, 2007, 12:15 AM
Not sure, they should have! He is in the Shrine Game which should attract more scouts. I think Shotwell is in the 2nd best game out there right now.

Shrine game should be great exposure, but testing at the combine along side top 1-A players could potentially be key to getting a shot in the draft.

BEAR
January 18th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Too lazy to check all the posts. So...Here's the University of Central ARkansas' #11 Jacob Ford::bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

(NC-17 language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyE5zZUVjOM

Not being familiar with the NC-17 genre of music, is that music from Ford's record company? xlolx

appmountaineermaniac
January 19th, 2007, 11:27 AM
Boo on Hamptons football team who always plays a bunch of pansy HBCU teams and then no good non conference games and has a great record and prolly gets rings for their records but never makes it far in the playoffs. In my mind teams in the middle and lower part of the SoCon would kill yall in football. Step up and play some real teams. Yall arent good!

CopperCat
January 22nd, 2007, 11:30 AM

Ditto. I saw very little from Gutierrez to make me think he could play on Sundays. Murrieta has the best chance of that, although he'll probably end up getting thrown around like Travis Lulay is right now (still with the Dolphins I think). But either way its always good to see the BSC at the combine.

HIU 93
January 22nd, 2007, 12:59 PM
Boo on Hamptons football team who always plays a bunch of pansy HBCU teams and then no good non conference games and has a great record and prolly gets rings for their records but never makes it far in the playoffs. In my mind teams in the middle and lower part of the SoCon would kill yall in football. Step up and play some real teams. Yall arent good!

You should really be quiet. Your "style" of writing is making wonder how you were even accepted into college.

JMU_Fan_2007
February 5th, 2007, 09:56 AM
the texas vs the nation web site has rascati listed as a invite to the combine. any ideas what that might be about?

Peems
February 5th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Ditto. I saw very little from Gutierrez to make me think he could play on Sundays. Murrieta has the best chance of that, although he'll probably end up getting thrown around like Travis Lulay is right now (still with the Dolphins I think). But either way its always good to see the BSC at the combine.

in the east v. west game gutierrez was awful and in all the BSC games i watched him in he was equally unimpressive. (though the one game i saw murrieta play in wasnt impressive;), low blow i know)

THE HERD
February 5th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Congrats Craig, and thanks for the memories of leading the great BISON defenses.++++++++++++++:hurray:
Craig is a warrior and I think he will get a chance to make an NFL squad whether it be by bieng drafted or by free agency. Most likely free agency, but it doesn't matter how you get your foot in the door, just that your there. If he was a little faster he would be drafted for sure, but you won't find a tougher player anywhere. Congrats Craig!

Purple Pride
February 23rd, 2007, 08:34 AM
NFL Channel
Sat 2/24/07 - K, OL, RB
Sun 2/25/07 - RB, QB, WR
Mon 2/26/07 - TE, DL
Tue 2/27/07 - LB, DB

Broadcast times each day (CDT):
10AM-1PM
3PM- 6PM
7PM-9PM
10PM-12AM

Peems
February 23rd, 2007, 12:04 PM
someone who has the NFL Channel and the willingness to watch the Combine should report.

Menudo
March 3rd, 2007, 09:53 PM
You should really be quiet. Your "style" of writing is making wonder how you were even accepted into college.
:hurray:

Menudo
March 3rd, 2007, 09:55 PM

xlolx Good thing it's all in your MIND!!

R.A.
March 4th, 2007, 01:52 AM

Uh... didn't Hampton try to play App State this season? The Pirates attempted to schedule the Mountaineers for the first game of 2007 before plans fell through... So it's not as if they aren't attemptng to play "real teams."

They are playing Princeton and Southern Illinois in 2007... are they "real teams?"