PDA

View Full Version : The Demise of the Richmond Spiders was greatly exaggerated

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 15th, 2016, 06:52 PM
Another nice W for Stony Brook, btw.

Elon is next.

dewey
October 15th, 2016, 06:55 PM
Impressive win by Richmond today over Villanova. Congratulations.

Dewey

UNHWildcat18
October 15th, 2016, 07:01 PM
Very impressive, I kept hearing about how banged up Richmond was so I picked a healthy nova, bad pick lol.

Matt
October 15th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Very impressive, I kept hearing about how banged up Richmond was so I picked a healthy nova, bad pick lol.

We are very banged up, and lost another starter today. We just were absolutely dominant on everything today except kickoff coverage

spdram
October 15th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Very impressed with the D today, O is still a work in progress. Knowing Rocco he is still trying options

KPSUL
October 15th, 2016, 07:37 PM
There are a lot of conference games yet to play, but the JMU @ Richmond game is looming large on Nov 5th

UNHWildcat18
October 15th, 2016, 07:37 PM
We are very banged up, and lost another starter today. We just were absolutely dominant on everything today except kickoff coverage

Are most of your injuries season ending or will they be back for playoffs?

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 07:39 PM
I was a little shocked by the Stony Brook loss. I wasn't sure how good Albany was either, so didn't know what to make of it. I'm back to believing.

New question, is JMU for real? Is New Hampshire improving or is JMU not that good?

spdram
October 15th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Several are season ending 1 & 2 RB's and D POY Safety have been confirmed

Matt
October 15th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Are most of your injuries season ending or will they be back for playoffs?

Sadly, many are season ending. All-American safety is gone for the year, as are the top two RBs. Starting RG went down today and it's too early to know nothing, but he was carted off and came back with a massive Ice pack on his knee, still in the cart.

KPSUL
October 15th, 2016, 07:53 PM
I was a little shocked by the Stony Brook loss. I wasn't sure how good Albany was either, so didn't know what to make of it. I'm back to believing.

New question, is JMU for real? Is New Hampshire improving or is JMU not that good?

Is JMU for real? YES
Is UNH improving? YES
Is JMU not that good? Todays 7 minute, 27 point comeback was due to the ghosts of old Cowell Stadium, not JMU failings.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 08:03 PM
Is JMU for real? YES
Is UNH improving? YES
Is JMU not that good? Todays 7 minute, 27 point comeback was due to the ghosts of old Cowell Stadium, not JMU failings.

Ghosts? I'm on board. xdrunkyx

RootinFerDukes
October 15th, 2016, 09:25 PM
Is JMU for real? YES
Is UNH improving? YES

Id say it was 100% referees also taking the 4th quarter off along with JMU's defense. Both were equally atrocious.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Id say it was 100% referees also taking the 4th quarter off along with JMU's defense. Both were equally atrocious.

Ghosts are more believable than your whining about the ref. ;)

RootinFerDukes
October 15th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Ghosts are more believable than your whining about the ref. ;)

I guess the commentators were whining too. You must not have heard about CAA refs. They're bad. Really bad. Review a play with clear video evidence and still get it wrong bad.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 10:00 PM
I guess the commentators were whining too. You must not have heard about CAA refs. They're bad. Really bad. Review a play with clear video evidence and still get it wrong bad.

Yeah, no one else deals with that. :rolleyes:

I'm going to stick with ghost assistance. Better than excuses.

SpiderJPO
October 15th, 2016, 10:52 PM
Let everyone keep forgetting about Richmond because of one loss. We are banged up but will come to play each week. Looking for another tough game next weekend against another bye week team at Elon. If we take care of business there, look out on Nov 5 after our bye week when the great JMU Dukes come to Robins Stadium flying high like last year. No one gave us a chance then and we will again be underdogs in our own stadium this year. Makes it even more fun to prove people wrong.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 10:54 PM
Let everyone keep forgetting about Richmond because of one loss. We are banged up but will come to play each week. Looking for another tough game next weekend against another bye week team at Elon. If we take care of business there, look out on Nov 5 after our bye week when the great JMU Dukes come to Robins Stadium flying high like last year. No one gave us a chance then and we will again be underdogs in our own stadium this year. Makes it even more fun to prove people wrong.

At this point I don't think anyone is overlooking Richmond.

dewey
October 15th, 2016, 10:57 PM
At this point I don't think anyone is overlooking Richmond.

Yeah no kidding. Richmond is a top 10 team. How is anyone overlooking them?

Dewey

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 10:59 PM
Yeah no kidding. Richmond is a top 10 team. How is anyone overlooking them?

Dewey

Some people just like to be the underdog/martyr

UNHWildcat18
October 15th, 2016, 11:03 PM
Does Richmond have a bye week this week?

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 15th, 2016, 11:08 PM
No. Tricky game @Elon prior to bye on 10-29.

SpiderJPO
October 16th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Overlooked no, undervalued yes. Home underdog to a lower ranked opponent? Jumped in poll by in-state rival with same record? Respect will be regained one week at a time. Fun time of year.