PDA

View Full Version : #11 Northern Iowa at #8 Eastern Washington

Pages : 1 [2]

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2016, 11:59 PM
Wow can you say triggered? xlolx God forbid I'm happy to see the Big Sky Conference as a whole do better this season than it has in the past against the MVFC and root for other Big Sky schools in OOC play. Much like many of you seem to do, hypocrite much? xcoffeex

You're riding coattails and cannot bring your own teams success to the forefront. If you actually had something to contribute, then I would not be on you, but you and I both know you are wrong so just man up and admit it. It's not that hard to do. And triggered, is far from what I am. I just get annoyed when people try to dick ride their competition and then say "don't forget about me today" [Yes I realize what he was referring to, but the quote can be transcribed elsewhere to describe situations, where someone did absolutely nothing, and yet, they need the attention to compensate for something that is not there.] What you are trying to do is, well they have done the real stuff, but we are here too so we did something too!

Rjones61
September 18th, 2016, 12:18 AM
You're riding coattails and cannot bring your own teams success to the forefront. If you actually had something to contribute, then I would not be on you, but you and I both know you are wrong so just man up and admit it. It's not that hard to do. And triggered, is far from what I am. I just get annoyed when people try to dick ride their competition and then say "don't forget about me today" [Yes I realize what he was referring to, but the quote can be transcribed elsewhere to describe situations, where someone did absolutely nothing, and yet, they need the attention to compensate for something that is not there.] What you are trying to do is, well they have done the real stuff, but we are here too so we did something too!

This might be the stupidest thing I've read tonight. You're acting as I'd you've in some way contributed to your teams success. Just because the team you root for has seen a lot of success doesn't mean you are somehow entitled to comment on another team.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 12:35 AM
This might be the stupidest thing I've read tonight. You're acting as I'd you've in some way contributed to your teams success. Just because the team you root for has seen a lot of success doesn't mean you are somehow entitled to comment on another team.

Before I rip this argument apart, please do us all a favor and watch this clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c and then quietly exit to save face.

You realize I had to watch Iowa lose? Do you understand how much that sucked? As much as I love the Bison, I love the Hawkeyes equally. I say this since I should be one of the only to comment on them since I am a fan of them? So since you do not root for UNI or NDSU, does that mean that, "you are somehow entitled to comment on another team" as well? Keep trying, but again, please try and save some face.

If others are going to comment, why can I not? That seems to be the norm, so I just play by the rules. If others are afraid of what might happen to their precious egos and feelings, then so be it, but this forum is for those who are not afraid to be challenged.

And where did I act "in some way act [that I've] contributed to [my] teams success"? I just said stop dick riding and show me something that said SUU has done something nationally to benefit the BSC?

For future posts that you might make assuming I do not send you back behind your computer screen/safe space, since I can tell you must be internet tough, please make a contribution to this thread before you continue to waste server space.

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 12:35 AM

That's not what he said at all, but thanks for popping your head in and sharing your wisdom. ;)

Screamin_Eagle174
September 18th, 2016, 12:36 AM
UNI is also playing their 3rd straight high end team (IA St., Montana) so both teams could be affected.

SE174 still in hiding?? Disappeared after the 2nd week has to be a new record.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You went full **** by week 2, but that's no record since you were a worthless **** well before the season started.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 12:38 AM
You went full **** by week 2, but that's no record since you were a worthless **** well before the season started.

Really? Just stop acting like a "I know you are but what am I" kind of kid and grow the **** up and move on. Seriously, how old are you? I mean really, grow the **** up.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 18th, 2016, 01:01 AM
Really? Just stop acting like a "I know you are but what am I" kind of kid and grow the **** up and move on. Seriously, how old are you? I mean really, grow the **** up.

STFU, Donny.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 01:07 AM
STFU, Donny.

Excellent comeback. Nothing but pure excellence in that post.

F'N Hawks
September 18th, 2016, 06:41 AM
MVFC guys: Realize the Big Sky finally got some payback after years of getting throttled. These are the exact comments you guys made crowing about your non-conference record and such.
A Fan's team doesn't need to make deep runs in playoffs to say something on a message board that is true.

tomq04
September 18th, 2016, 08:29 AM
What a great OOC set of games for the MVFC and the Big Sky. I'm glad it's over and I am excited for when we all get to meet again in the playoffs.

veinup
September 18th, 2016, 08:43 AM
What a great OOC set of games for the MVFC and the Big Sky. I'm glad it's over and I am excited for when we all get to meet again in the playoffs.

exactly what i was thinking last night after ewu/uni and poly/sdsu games. i don't remember an all around OOC schedule (not just for my team but in general) that i've liked quite this much. (sure, i can look at certain games from the past that i'd like to repeat forever .. the opener last season for example) but all around this season takes the cake i think. lots of close games, good games between top 25 teams, potential playoff previews, FBS upsets. what a great "pre-season". xpeacex

SeattleGriz
September 18th, 2016, 09:31 AM
exactly what i was thinking last night after ewu/uni and poly/sdsu games. i don't remember an all around OOC schedule (not just for my team but in general) that i've liked quite this much. (sure, i can look at certain games from the past that i'd like to repeat forever .. the opener last season for example) but all around this season takes the cake i think. lots of close games, good games between top 25 teams, potential playoff previews, FBS upsets. what a great "pre-season". xpeacex
Now we can expect the NCAA to match us all up again in the playoffs so the other side of the bracket gets a chance!

kalm
September 18th, 2016, 09:37 AM
A couple of observations...

UNI's defense played good enough to win. They held us to 403 yards which is very low. I also thought their pass d made some really nice plays. I know that's their least experienced group but they should improve throughout the season.

Bailey threw it better than I thought he was capable of and he is an absolute horse to bring down.

I'm optimistic about our d. They forced 6 straight 3 and outs from the end of the 2nd quarter through the third. They gave up just 96 yards and only 6 points in the 2nd half.

Baldwin just being Baldwin.

Unless someone has a better angled shot that's closer to the field, I don't know how anyone can see enough evidence to overturn the Shaq Hill TD. His foot reacts like he's toed the ground and there's not enough there to say it hasn't.

Hope UNI's injuries heal up quick and they get back on track. That's a good football team.

POD Knows
September 18th, 2016, 09:48 AM
MVFC guys: Realize the Big Sky finally got some payback after years of getting throttled. These are the exact comments you guys made crowing about your non-conference record and such.
A Fan's team doesn't need to make deep runs in playoffs to say something on a message board that is true.

It was a tough day for the MVFC, I hope SDSU loses more games so the only thing in their new stadium in December is snow banks. It does seem like the quality in the Big Sky is up this year or maybe the MVFC is down, don't know, hard to tell from one weekend.

semobison
September 18th, 2016, 10:00 AM
It was a tough day for the MVFC, I hope SDSU loses more games so the only thing in their new stadium in December is snow banks. It does seem like the quality in the Big Sky is up this year or maybe the MVFC is down, don't know, hard to tell from one weekend.

UND and EWU winning this weekend was not a big surprise. ISUr had turnover issues against EIU. What Poly did to the Jacks D was surprising! Yup, it's a long season. one weekend doesn't completely turn the table.

Bison56
September 18th, 2016, 10:21 AM
STFU, Donny.

The best part about EW losing is you are nowhere to be found.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 10:46 AM
First ever neg rep. #veryproud #truthhurts

Gil Dobie
September 18th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Nice comeback Eags

UNIFanSince1983
September 18th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Well I dozed off listening on the radio at half time with UNI up 24-7. Woke up it was 24-21. Then fell asleep again (had a little too much fun at Nebraska vs Oregon earlier in the day). Wake up to UNI losing 34-30. Have no idea what happened. Seemed to be going well, but obviously it didn't last. Congrats to EWU. Will have to go back through and see what happened. Disappointing to lose two in a row going into the bye week. Especially with the conference slate coming up.

Gil Dobie
September 18th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Now we can expect the NCAA to match us all up again in the playoffs so the other side of the bracket gets a chance!

That's all these great western OOC match-ups are doing. The winner of the west of the Mississippi mosh pit, will probably win the championship for the 7th straight year.

Red & Black
September 18th, 2016, 11:33 AM

This. Kudos to the BSC/MVFC AD's that made these home and homes happen. It's like seeing the playoffs early in the season.

Bison56
September 18th, 2016, 11:46 AM
This. Kudos to the BSC/MVFC AD's that made these home and homes happen. It's like seeing the playoffs early in the season.

Agreed

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 11:57 AM
I'd agree if we weren't on the losing end of both games. xlolx

Still fun though. Really helped remind me that we are UNI and I shouldn't expect anything.

JayJ79
September 18th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Fun games for sure (at least when your team wins), but from a purely strategic standpoint, I'm not sure of the wisdom of such scheduling for UNI.

MVFC teams aren't able to absorb non-conference losses as easily as BSC teams, since there aren't as many easy games on the conference schedule (especially for UNI, who will always have to play NDSU and SDSU).

And while I thought bringing in a big name opponent would boost ticket sales, that obviously wasn't the case with the UNI fanbase.

Probably could have scheduled some easier non-conference opponents (or at least one easier opponent) so as not to be behind the 8-ball as much going into the tough conference season.

Of course it is easy (and lame) to armchair AD after the fact. And it could be that UNI's team this year just isn't very good and none of this will matter anyway. Who knows.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2016, 12:46 PM
I'd agree if we weren't on the losing end of both games. xlolx

Still fun though. Really helped remind me that we are UNI and I shouldn't expect anything.
What do you mean.......that is just like the playoffs............ ;)

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 12:48 PM
What do you mean.......that is just like the playoffs............ ;)

Against the Griz yes. Against the rest of the Big Sky, no. :D

Bisonator
September 18th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Hey EWU fans, is there going to be a QB controversy with Gubrud being pulled and Hennessey playing so well?

kalm
September 18th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Hey EWU fans, is there going to be a QB controversy with Gubrud being pulled and Hennessey playing so well?

I don't think so. Gubrud does not throw a tight ball, had trouble seeing things yesterday and struggled with the wind. In general, the offense is more lethal with him due to the threat from his ability to run so is expect him to get the nod this week.

But who knows. You'd think after last year's QB carousel that blew up we'd stick with one. However, Beau is a mad scientist so anything is possible as you saw yesterday.

Bronco
September 18th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Congrats to Eastern Eagles

There was a woman that is not a football fan at my house that called the fake FG for the win.

Do you think it's time Chuck U. Farley was given an apple and a road map?

Drblankstare
September 18th, 2016, 04:48 PM
UNI is bipolar. They do this **** every year, I **** you not they will probably win the Valley. We should start a gofundme for their fans on this board to cover their alcohol/therapy bills.

Southern Bison
September 18th, 2016, 05:02 PM

I got some too.
Don't worry about Norman Bates...he's still getting used to wearing his mom's clothing.

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 05:23 PM
I got some too.
Don't worry about Norman Bates...he's still getting used to wearing his mom's clothing.

It was from someone who I did not think I would get it from. A neg rep must mean I did something right and that the retribution was to try and neg rep me.

srgrizizen
September 18th, 2016, 05:27 PM
The upper part of the Big Sky has always been strong. It's the middle and lower teams that are weak. MVFC is a stronger league 3-9, we don't count Missouri State.

Take away NDSU and you're 2-4. Seems to me you have it exactly backwards. One dominant MVFC team and all the rest as a group would be better off playing the Big 10! xcoffeex

ursus arctos horribilis
September 18th, 2016, 05:34 PM
It was from someone who I did not think I would get it from. A neg rep must mean I did something right and that the retribution was to try and neg rep me.

It happens sometimes that you get an accidental neg rep as well but normally the note provided shows what it was.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2016, 05:45 PM
I am laughing so hard right now............so childish

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 06:01 PM
It happens sometimes that you get an accidental neg rep as well but normally the note provided shows what it was.

If only that was the case. It was an obvious neg rep.

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 07:32 PM
If only that was the case. It was an obvious neg rep.

Was it Ursus? xlolx

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Was it Ursus? xlolx

No it was not. I dont name names but it was not a NDSU, UNI, or Montana fan.

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 07:41 PM
No it was not. I dont name names but it was not a NDSU, UNI, or Montana fan.

Was it an EWU fan? xcoolx

JayJ79
September 18th, 2016, 08:00 PM
http://gamesyouloved.com/media/94916/guesswho1.JPG

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 08:11 PM

xrolleyesx I wonder...

- - - Updated - - -

I always sucked at Guess Who, but that was a fun game.

Drblankstare
September 18th, 2016, 08:20 PM

Genius

tomq04
September 18th, 2016, 08:30 PM
lol out loud

Red & Black
September 18th, 2016, 09:04 PM
This thread. xeyebrowx

TheRevSFA
September 18th, 2016, 09:17 PM

Neg rep is childish.

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Neg rep is childish.

I thought about neg repping this post, but thought the joke might be lost. :)

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 09:22 PM
xrolleyesx I wonder...

Did their name include red, black, eagle, talon, claw, eastern, ewu, or numbers? xlolx

kalm
September 18th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Neg rep is childish.

I've never tried to understand repping in general and don't partake, but it all seems rather childish.

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 09:25 PM
I've never tried to understand repping in general and don't partake, but it all seems rather childish.

Also thought about neg repping this one. xlolx

kalm
September 18th, 2016, 09:25 PM
Also thought about neg repping this one. xlolx

So I can rest my case?

TheKingpin28
September 18th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Did their name include red, black, eagle, talon, claw, eastern, ewu, or numbers? xlolx

maybe... xrolleyesx

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 09:34 PM
So I can rest my case?

Sure. :D

Grizalltheway
September 18th, 2016, 09:56 PM

It's like liking on Facebook. Except you can also dislike.

PantherRob82
September 18th, 2016, 10:16 PM
It also lets newer posters know who is worth listening to.