View Full Version : Carson Wentz

Pages : [1] 2

penguinpower
September 11th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Looking outstanding in his pro debut.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Good 1st series.

2nd series....not to good. But he looks like he belongs.

BEAR
September 11th, 2016, 12:34 PM

JSUSoutherner
September 11th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Gonna need Wentz to make good choices and throw to Jordan Mathews every play. I need him to pick up Jeremy Maclin's slack.

God why do I have Melvin Gordon on the bench...

geaux_sioux
September 11th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Good point.....

CHIP72
September 11th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Outstanding is definitely too strong a word, but he's been reasonably good. He had happy feet on the Eagles' last possession of the 1st half when the pocket was good and he didn't need to move.

I'm at the game BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
September 11th, 2016, 02:10 PM
That last TD was a dime.......

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 02:10 PM
CW looking good!!!

BisonFan02
September 11th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Oh.....and the obligatory "Where's Dalyn?" xlolx

veinup
September 11th, 2016, 02:13 PM
git 'em carson. wish this game was being carried where i live ..

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 02:17 PM
git 'em carson. wish this game was being carried where i live ..

He's 17/30 and 2 TDs so far

BisonFan02
September 11th, 2016, 02:18 PM
He's 17/30 and 2 TDs so far

A lot of drops.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 02:20 PM
A lot of drops.....

no kidding.....must be 5 or 6 so far

BisonFan02
September 11th, 2016, 02:22 PM
no kidding.....must be 5 or 6 so far

Not a lot of skill position help....

centennial
September 11th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Ladies and gentlemen Carson Wentz is the real deal.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 02:31 PM
Ladies and gentlemen Carson Wentz is the real deal.

He sure looks like it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Let CW rip a few deep ones!

Nice game plan by the Eagles though.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 02:41 PM
CW so far: 20/33 and 2 TDs

not to bad

Thumper 76
September 11th, 2016, 02:48 PM
I'm pretty happy I got Matthews in my fantasy league now lol

IBleedYellow
September 11th, 2016, 02:57 PM
It's still the Browns....

But I love the fact that he's doing this against the Browns. The team that said he wasn't a top 20 QB in the league...which he still might not be, but he's looking the part today.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 03:03 PM
22/37 for 278 and 2 TDs

Nice 1st start

BisonFan02
September 11th, 2016, 03:04 PM
22/37 for 278 and 2 TDs

Nice 1st start

And no turnovers.

JSUSoutherner
September 11th, 2016, 03:04 PM
I'm pretty happy I got Matthews in my fantasy league now lol
I am too. My entire team is going wild right now but Matthews is on a different level.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 03:06 PM
And no turnovers.

xnodx

Plus with all of those drops it should probably be 27 or 28 for 37 but nice debut...

BisonFan02
September 11th, 2016, 03:06 PM
xnodx

Plus with all of those drops it should probably be 27 or 28 for 37 but nice debut...

The ****ty part was a lot of those drops were third down drive killers.

Southern Bison
September 11th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Congratulations to Carson Wentz and representing Bison Nation!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bisonator
September 11th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Carson was awesome in his first start. Good game plan by the coaching staff. I know it's the lowly Browns but good to get that first win under his belt!

Lehigh'98
September 11th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Nice game. It's the Browns though. Still gotta be encouraged if you are an Eagles fan

BisonTru
September 11th, 2016, 04:07 PM
It's still the Browns....

But I love the fact that he's doing this against the Browns. The team that said he wasn't a top 20 QB in the league...which he still might not be, but he's looking the part today.

Wentz is a top 20 QB in the league right now. RGMe isn't the Browns answer. They screwed up. It's gonna be fun watching this play out.

Professor Chaos
September 11th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Wentz is a top 20 QB in the league right now. RGMe isn't the Browns answer. They screwed up. It's gonna be fun watching this play out.
The fact that the Browns think that Carson won't develop into a top 20 NFL QB is as good of proof as you need that he's going to develop into a top 20 NFL QB.

BisonTru
September 11th, 2016, 04:10 PM
http://footballgameplan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/FBGPCommercials1.jpg

Of course, what do I know.... I'll defer to the Czar. xlolx

CHIP72
September 11th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Good game by Wentz today in absolute terms, and an exceptional game considering he's a rookie who played in his first NFL game. He made 3 excellent throws in particular - the 2 touchdown passes and about a 20 yard pass that resulted in a 1st down in I think the 3rd quarter (either that or later in the 2nd quarter). He also didn't turn the ball over.

Having said the above, IMO the Eagles' game plan really helped Wentz; the Eagles established the run and didn't ask him to carry the load. The Eagles' offensive line also did a standout job keeping the pressure off of Wentz. Finally, the Eagles' defense and special teams also did a fine job giving the Eagles pretty good starting field position much of the game.

Obviously Carson Wentz got his NFL career off to a good start; as an Eagles fan it was definitely encouraging. Wentz and his Eagles teammates should have a good opportunity to build on that next week when they play what is expected to be at best a mediocre Bears team.

CHIP72
September 11th, 2016, 05:53 PM
One other thing - they showed some fans waving/holding a NDSU flag or banner on the video boards during breaks in the action a couple times.

Bisonoline
September 11th, 2016, 05:59 PM

xnodx xthumbsupx

CHIP72
September 11th, 2016, 06:18 PM
The question I have for NDSU fans is if any of you plan to attend any Eagles games this season? I'm guessing many of you are also Vikings fans, so the 10/23 Vikings at Eagles game may be a particularly good choice. (You can root for a 41-38 Vikings win in which Wentz throws for 300+ yards and 4 TDs with no turnovers.)

No_Skill
September 11th, 2016, 07:22 PM
The question I have for NDSU fans is if any of you plan to attend any Eagles games this season? I'm guessing many of you are also Vikings fans, so the 10/23 Vikings at Eagles game may be a particularly good choice. (You can root for a 41-38 Vikings win in which Wentz throws for 300+ yards and 4 TDs with no turnovers.)

Yep. Not a Vikings fan, but I'm going to that one.

BisonFan02
September 11th, 2016, 07:28 PM

Says the guy who has been paid to scout the exact same amount as I have. xlolx I would throw my predictions/scouting against his and we'll see where the results land. :D

BisonFan02
September 11th, 2016, 07:32 PM

I don't have any immediate plans to attend a game this year (a lot of **** going on this fall/winter), but I do need to make it back out east sooner than later with the family. My wife and I lived in Dutch Amish County for a good chunk of time, and it would be fun to make the trek out there with the kids. xthumbsupx

BisonTru
September 11th, 2016, 08:08 PM

It probably won't happen this season as some things have come up recently, but I'll make it out to Philly for a game sometime. Hopefully next season.

IBleedYellow
September 11th, 2016, 08:11 PM

Starting to make plans, and I'd love to see Carson beat the Vikes! xnodx

Daytripper
September 11th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Carson who? xcoffeex

UNIFanSince1983
September 11th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Couldn't have asked for a better matchup in his pro debut. I mean the Browns does it get any easier than that?

ngineer
September 11th, 2016, 10:06 PM
True it was the Browns, but it's still the NFL. Showed a lot of poise and great touch. Also, on the big plus side is that the Iggles had a nice run game which take a lot of pressure off the young QB not to have to "carry the load". However, regardless, it was a very nice start to , hopefully, a stellar career in the City of Brotherly Love. There has also started a new slogan for those crossing the Walt Whitman and Ben Franklin Bridges from New Jersey, "Welcome to Wentzylvania!"

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 12th, 2016, 07:17 AM
Couldn't have asked for a better matchup in his pro debut. I mean the Browns does it get any easier than that?

They are still an NFL team. He was changing plays and blocking schemes. He did a good job.

Southern Bison
September 12th, 2016, 07:20 AM
They are still an NFL team. He was changing plays and blocking schemes. He did a good job.

Wentz is getting a lot of love from SportsCenter this morning with shoutouts to NDSU as well!!

Gil Dobie
September 12th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Not bad for a guy they said didn't have enough FBS experience.

GannonFan
September 12th, 2016, 09:23 AM

It's like people forget the mistake they made in saying that Flacco wouldn't be a successful NFL QB. Plenty of FCS guys can make it in the league over the years.

UNIFanSince1983
September 12th, 2016, 09:28 AM

Never said he didn't do a great job. Never said they weren't. I said it was a good way to start a career. Would have been a little less fun for him if it were say the Broncos with Ware and Miller running at him all game long. It was a good way to build confidence going forward.

I in no way meant what I said as a slight towards Carson.

putter
September 12th, 2016, 10:24 AM
For only playing about 1 quarter in pre-season he looked composed. Probably a good thing to start out with the Browns and he built a lot of confidence that he can build on. His TD throws were great and on the money. Congrats to him

JSUSoutherner
September 12th, 2016, 10:50 AM
It's like people forget the mistake they made in saying that Flacco wouldn't be a successful NFL QB. Plenty of FCS guys can make it in the league over the years.
Exactly.

Wentz wasn't the only FCS QB getting his first NFL start yesterday either. Jimmy Garroppolo from EIU carved up the Cardinals last night completing 24-33 for 264 yards and a TD.

superman7515
September 12th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Exactly.

Wentz wasn't the only FCS QB getting his first NFL start yesterday either. Jimmy Garroppolo from EIU carved up the Cardinals last night completing 24-33 for 264 yards and a TD.

Oddly enough, we didn't start a thread on the FCS board for every single FCS player who was playing in the NFL yesterday, the rest of them left it in the Other Sports area with the other dozen Carson Wentz threads.

IBleedYellow
September 12th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Oddly enough, we didn't start a thread on the FCS board for every single FCS player who was playing in the NFL yesterday, the rest of them left it in the Other Sports area with the other dozen Carson Wentz threads.

Yeahhhh. Isn't this supposed to be in the "Ins and Outs of FCS" or something similar...?

Twentysix
September 12th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Yeahhhh. Isn't this supposed to be in the "Ins and Outs of FCS" or something similar...?

Agreed move it.

JSUSoutherner
September 12th, 2016, 12:18 PM
I love how no one brought up it should be moved (which I agree with) until someone brought up someone not named Wentz. xdrunkyx

DaBizon
September 12th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Not taking away anything from JG...I know he played against the Cards and not the Browns......BUT........

-altho it was his 1st start,it wasn't his 1st NFL reg. season snap...
-he plays behind a much much better line....
-he has much better receivers

Whereas Carson went into this game with a total of 39 "pre-season " snaps.
He want even going to be wearing a uniform this season. Less than 10 days to prepare being the starting quarterback for a team with a suspect front line, less than suspect receiving core.

Both represented the FCS well the 1st game of the season, but consider which one has more weight resting on their shoulders.
JG just needs to occupy a position until Brady returns without making any horrendous mistakes.
In Philly, Carson is the franchise. He has no back up (seriously, Chase Daniels isn't even backup worthy) . He has no standouts on the whole team, besides maybe Cox on defense.

Carson has all of Eagle Nation depending on HIM.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

POD Knows
September 12th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Maybe there is a Wentz thread because there are a ton of Bison fans on this board. EIU fans, a couple. Hell, isn't Fitzgerald with the Jets a Harvard guy.

BisonTru
September 12th, 2016, 01:11 PM
RG3 is being checked out for a significant shoulder injury today.

On Jimmy I hope and expect him to play decent and the Patriots to trade him away to a team that needs a QB. If Romo can get healthy we could still see four FCS QBs starting on Sundays.

UNIFanSince1983
September 12th, 2016, 01:22 PM
RG3 is being checked out for a significant shoulder injury today.

On Jimmy I hope and expect him to play decent and the Patriots to trade him away to a team that needs a QB. If Romo can get healthy we could still see four FCS QBs starting on Sundays.

And two of them would be from EIU. While another former EIU QB would be the head coach of the Saints. I think we should start calling EIU QBU!

CHIP72
September 12th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Yep. Not a Vikings fan, but I'm going to that one.

It probably won't happen this season as some things have come up recently, but I'll make it out to Philly for a game sometime. Hopefully next season.

Starting to make plans, and I'd love to see Carson beat the Vikes! xnodx

If you guys need tips for a trip to Philadelphia, I can help. Unless you have many other plans to see various sites out in the suburbs, you can get away without renting a car if you make a trip to Philadelphia. That includes seeing Villanova, Penn, or Temple football games if you want to see some live college football during a visit (all rail transit-accessible). Teams like Delaware, Princeton, Lehigh, and Lafayette are all reasonably close too but excluding Princeton you'll need a car to see those teams. Some of NDSU's former colleagues in Division II, in particular West Chester, are also relatively close to Philadelphia.

A few other things:

*If you visit Independence Hall, make sure you get there early. The National Park Service issues tickets for tours early in the morning, and those tickets, which are assigned at different times throughout the day, go quickly. By contrast, you can visit the Liberty Bell at any time the pavilion is open without much of a wait.

*The U.S. Mint (also located on Independence Mall, a couple blocks north of Independence Hall and across the Mall from the Constitution Center) may also be worth a visit, though the tour isn't as good as it was years ago when you could directly look at the coin-making process.

*Make sure you visit Reading Terminal Market - lots of good food there.

*You don't need to go to Pat's or Geno's for a cheesesteak; there are many good places, like Campo's (which I think is located on Market near 2nd or 3rd Street).

*30th Street Station (the main intercity train station in Philadelphia) is itself worth a visit.

CHIP72
September 12th, 2016, 03:33 PM

I think Steve McNair, Rich Gannon, Joe Flacco, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tony Romo, Kurt Warner, Phil Simms, Doug Williams, and Neil Lomax, among others, would agree.

Let me add something here as an Eagles fan - I was opposed to the Eagles trading up to draft Wentz at #2 (and unless Wentz turns into a really good NFL QB, I still won't like the move). However, that had nothing to do with Wentz playing FCS/DI-AA football; it had mostly to do with the Eagles having needs at many positions (Chip Kelly - you %^&*(^&%&$@!&%&*! the Eagles' roster!). Also, Wentz was originally viewed as someone who would picked somewhere in the 10-20 range of the 1st round, plus only one FCS QB (McNair) was picked in the top 10 of the NFL draft, so I thought the Eagles reached for him a bit. (If the Eagles had stayed at their original #13 spot or maybe their revised #8 position, I wouldn't have had as much a problem, though I still think the Eagles needed to draft an offensive lineman in the 1st round.) But many, many FCS/DI-AA quarterbacks have proven to be more than capable NFL players, and Wentz definitely could join that group. Time will tell if that's the case.

BisonTru
September 12th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Also, Wentz was originally viewed as someone who would picked somewhere in the 10-20 range of the 1st round, plus only one FCS QB (McNair) was picked in the top 10 of the NFL draft, so I thought the Eagles reached for him a bit.

Orginally viewed by who? The draftnicks had him middle first late first during the season and then slowly bummed him up during the off season, but just because the draftnicks weren't high on him early doesn't mean the NFL wasn't. I don't think he falls past 4 maybe even 3 even if the Browns pass, and I have heard the Bills and Jets were also aggressively trying to get up there as well. They were just too far down in the draft to get a deal done.

The Eagles have 8 picks in '17 and 7 in '18 including a first in each year. Not bad considering Washington gave up three first and a high second to move from 6 to 2 a few years ago.

CHIP72
September 12th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Orginally viewed by who? The draftnicks had him middle first late first during the season and then slowly bummed him up during the off season, but just because the draftnicks weren't high on him early doesn't mean the NFL wasn't. I don't think he falls past 4 maybe even 3 even if the Browns pass, and I have heard the Bills and Jets were also aggressively trying to get up there as well. They were just too far down in the draft to get a deal done.

The Eagles have 8 picks in '17 and 7 in '18 including a first in each year. Not bad considering Washington gave up three first and a high second to move from 6 to 2 a few years ago.

The Eagles gave up some extra picks when they traded Nick Foles for Sam Bradford (which considering their respective NFL careers up to the point of the trade, I thought was ridiculous - Foles was a little more accomplished after the 2014 season than Bradford was), so they are also paying for that. (They also made a dumb trade prior to the 2015 season with Buffalo where they traded for LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonzo straight up; even adjusting for the contracts that was ridiculous IMO, especially considering Alonzo was injured the entire 2014 season.) Additionally, to move from #8 to #2 in the draft, the Eagles gave up a 1st round pick in 2017, a 2nd round pick in 2018, and 3rd and 4th round picks this year. I agree the 2012 RG3 Redskins/Rams trade was nuts from Washington's point of view (and considering I live in the DC area and really dislike the Redskins, seeing that trade blow up in the Redskins' faces was enjoyable), but the Eagles also gave up a lot in their trade to move up and pick Wentz. Getting a 1st round pick and at least a 4th round pick from the Vikings for Bradford (who played pretty well the second half of last season BTW) was a great deal for the Eagles, and mitigated some of the draft picks lost in trades last year and this year. Keep in mind though the Teddy Bridgewater injury hadn't occurred yet AND the Eagles had signed both Bradford and Chase Daniel to large contracts at the time they moved from #8 to #2, so moving up to pick Wentz was a strange strategy from many Eagles fans' point of view, especially considering the team's other needs (offensive line, still wide receiver, and cornerback in particular).

The way many Eagles fans, and I think many NFL fans in general, view the draft is that it is not a good idea to give up extra high draft picks (1st and 2nd round draft picks in particular) when you are a so-so team with many needs. I would have had issues with the Eagles moving up from #8 to #2 to pick any quarterback in this year's draft, especially considering how much money they had allocated at the quarterback position a short time prior to that. Of course, if Carson Wentz proves to be a standout quarterback, then that trade, which was a risky trade because of the number of picks associated with the trade, will prove to be a good one.

BisonFan02
September 12th, 2016, 07:35 PM

True....to be fair, it was an YSU fan that started it. xthumbsupx

CHIP72
September 12th, 2016, 08:36 PM
If you guys need tips for a trip to Philadelphia, I can help. Unless you have many other plans to see various sites out in the suburbs, you can get away without renting a car if you make a trip to Philadelphia. That includes seeing Villanova, Penn, or Temple football games if you want to see some live college football during a visit (all rail transit-accessible). Teams like Delaware, Princeton, Lehigh, and Lafayette are all reasonably close too but excluding Princeton you'll need a car to see those teams. Some of NDSU's former colleagues in Division II, in particular West Chester, are also relatively close to Philadelphia.

A few other things:

*If you visit Independence Hall, make sure you get there early. The National Park Service issues tickets for tours early in the morning, and those tickets, which are assigned at different times throughout the day, go quickly. By contrast, you can visit the Liberty Bell at any time the pavilion is open without much of a wait.

*The U.S. Mint (also located on Independence Mall, a couple blocks north of Independence Hall and across the Mall from the Constitution Center) may also be worth a visit, though the tour isn't as good as it was years ago when you could directly look at the coin-making process.

*You don't need to go to Pat's or Geno's for a cheesesteak; there are many good places, like Campo's (which I think is located on Market near 2nd or 3rd Street).

*30th Street Station (the main intercity train station in Philadelphia) is itself worth a visit.

I forgot to mention this previously, but any of you decide to come to an Eagles game, you may be able to see an NHL (Flyers) and/or NBA (76ers) game as part of your trip. (I know some North Dakota-based fans follow hockey closely.) The Wells Fargo Center, where both of those teams play, is in the same complex as Lincoln Financial Field where the Eagles play (and for that matter Citizens Bank Park where the MLB Phillies play).

BisonTru
September 12th, 2016, 09:19 PM
The Eagles gave up some extra picks when they traded Nick Foles for Sam Bradford (which considering their respective NFL careers up to the point of the trade, I thought was ridiculous - Foles was a little more accomplished after the 2014 season than Bradford was), so they are also paying for that. (They also made a dumb trade prior to the 2015 season with Buffalo where they traded for LeSean McCoy for Kiko Alonzo straight up; even adjusting for the contracts that was ridiculous IMO, especially considering Alonzo was injured the entire 2014 season.) Additionally, to move from #8 to #2 in the draft, the Eagles gave up a 1st round pick in 2017, a 2nd round pick in 2018, and 3rd and 4th round picks this year. I agree the 2012 RG3 Redskins/Rams trade was nuts from Washington's point of view (and considering I live in the DC area and really dislike the Redskins, seeing that trade blow up in the Redskins' faces was enjoyable), but the Eagles also gave up a lot in their trade to move up and pick Wentz. Getting a 1st round pick and at least a 4th round pick from the Vikings for Bradford (who played pretty well the second half of last season BTW) was a great deal for the Eagles, and mitigated some of the draft picks lost in trades last year and this year. Keep in mind though the Teddy Bridgewater injury hadn't occurred yet AND the Eagles had signed both Bradford and Chase Daniel to large contracts at the time they moved from #8 to #2, so moving up to pick Wentz was a strange strategy from many Eagles fans' point of view, especially considering the team's other needs (offensive line, still wide receiver, and cornerback in particular).

The way many Eagles fans, and I think many NFL fans in general, view the draft is that it is not a good idea to give up extra high draft picks (1st and 2nd round draft picks in particular) when you are a so-so team with many needs. I would have had issues with the Eagles moving up from #8 to #2 to pick any quarterback in this year's draft, especially considering how much money they had allocated at the quarterback position a short time prior to that. Of course, if Carson Wentz proves to be a standout quarterback, then that trade, which was a risky trade because of the number of picks associated with the trade, will prove to be a good one.

The Eagles did some screwy stuff when Chip was there.

As far as the Wentz trade, I'm not a big fan of moving up in the draft, but QBs are tough to find. Look at their value. Sam Bradford is at best an average player at his position and has an extensive injury history. Any other position would never command a first round pick for a player of his caliber at the position.

Look at where the Eagles are at today. It looks more and more likely they have found their franchise QB. They're paying him $7 million a year when the going rate is closer to $20. They have a pick in every round of the draft for all years to come minus a second in '18 which they have an extra fourth that year to somewhat compensate.

I followed this QB class extremely close and from what I gathered there was two QBs you could say they look like franchise QBs. Even if Dak works out that wasn't seen by almost anyone and he's starting because Romo's hurt. Even Mr. Hunt pimped Cardale Jones and Dayln Williams. He would have looked damn smart if he was that high on Dak even thought it still would have been somewhat luck. The Eagles weren't the only team high on Wentz. It was either move up and get him or he slips away. Luckily the Browns didn't feel the same way.

Milkman
September 13th, 2016, 08:26 PM

A few other things:

Thanks for all of your info. Here and in PMs. Any other Bison fans going to be in Philly that weekend? My plane tickets have been purchased.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Go...gate
September 13th, 2016, 08:33 PM
He did a fine job!

CappinHard
September 14th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Carson Wentz now has the top selling jersey in the NFL. I don't know if this has been posted somewhere else yet, but it's amazing.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-best-selling-jerseys-eagles-carson-wentz-odell-beckham-tom-brady-091316

Good for him, I hope he keeps it rolling. I put 2 TVs in my living room last weekend just so I could have the Vikings game and he Eagles game on at the same time so I could see how he did, like most everyone else I was very impressed.

Twentysix
September 15th, 2016, 07:31 PM
Carson Wentz now has the top selling jersey in the NFL. I don't know if this has been posted somewhere else yet, but it's amazing.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/nfl-best-selling-jerseys-eagles-carson-wentz-odell-beckham-tom-brady-091316

Good for him, I hope he keeps it rolling. I put 2 TVs in my living room last weekend just so I could have the Vikings game and he Eagles game on at the same time so I could see how he did, like most everyone else I was very impressed.

He also got player of the week.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Monday night in Chicago.

Bears were ranked middle of the pack in defense last year: #14 Gave up 345 yards/game and 24.8 points/game

Hopefully CW and the Eagles can get a win.

CHIP72
September 15th, 2016, 08:44 PM
There are a lot of Philadelphia Eagles fans out there. :)

Katfan
September 15th, 2016, 11:38 PM
Gonna need Wentz to make good choices and throw to Jordan Mathews every play. I need him to pick up Jeremy Maclin's slack.

God why do I have Melvin Gordon on the bench...
We must have the same fantasy team. If I would've played Gordon I woulda won.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2016, 10:17 PM
Eagles fans are now calling their state Wentzlvania

CHIP72
September 18th, 2016, 07:16 AM
Eagles fans are now calling their state Wentzlvania

Ahh...no.

No_Skill
September 18th, 2016, 08:03 AM
Ahh...no.

I heard Carson City, Wentzlvania all this week on WIP.

ST_Lawson
September 19th, 2016, 08:31 PM
I'm so torn in this game...lifelong Bears fan, but also a fan of FCS players proving themselves in the NFL and giving more examples that the talent level of the FCS can be just as good as the FBS, even if it's not as deep generally.

So, I guess I want to see a high scoring game where Wentz does really well (so far he is), but the Bears just outscore them barely.

FargoBison
September 19th, 2016, 08:41 PM
I'm so torn in this game...lifelong Bears fan, but also a fan of FCS players proving themselves in the NFL and giving more examples that the talent level of the FCS can be just as good as the FBS, even if it's not as deep generally.

So, I guess I want to see a high scoring game where Wentz does really well (so far he is), but the Bears just outscore them barely.

I am a huge Vikings fan so I am going to be dealing with this bigtime in a few weeks when the Vikes head out to Philly.

centennial
September 19th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Is Wentz helping with offensive play design? I saw stuff that looked out of NDSU's playboom.

Twentysix
September 19th, 2016, 09:50 PM
Is Wentz helping with offensive play design? I saw stuff that looked out of NDSU's playboom.

Maybe they thought it was good idea to run stuff familiar to him.

centennial
September 19th, 2016, 10:11 PM
Maybe they thought it was good idea to run stuff familiar to him.
The jet sweep action, and running plays look very similar to what NDSU runs. Funny to see them in the NFL.

tomq04
September 19th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Eags + Wentz look great! What happened, their D was terrible the last 2 years.

Bisonwinagn
September 19th, 2016, 10:27 PM

Ball control offense winning time of possession keeps the defense off the field.

ST_Lawson
September 19th, 2016, 10:33 PM
"10 minute difference in time of possession, engineered by Wentz"
That just sounds so damn familiar. It's crazy.

Well, as expected, my Bears sucked up the place. Consider me an Eagles/Wentz fan from here on out. I hope he sets all kinds of rookie QB records.

penguinpower
September 19th, 2016, 10:37 PM
Well the Brown are fing stupid. That all I have to say that

JSUSoutherner
September 19th, 2016, 10:38 PM
"10 minute difference in time of possession, engineered by Wentz"
That just sounds so damn familiar. It's crazy.

Well, as expected, my Bears sucked up the place. Consider me an Eagles/Wentz fan from here on out. I hope he sets all kinds of rookie QB records.
He's the fifth rookie QB of the Super Bowl era to start 2-0 and the first to do it without turning the ball over.

Professor Chaos
September 19th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Well the Brown are fing stupid. That all I have to say that
Not only do they probably feel stupid for not drafting him but it can't make them feel good knowing that the 1st round pick they're getting from the Eagles next April is looking like it won't be all that high anymore.

TheKingpin28
He has that "X" factor. Just has that swag and confidence and with that, his teammates rally around him and feed off which increase their's as well.

veinup
i've really been rooting for Carson in his transition to the NFL. i'll watch him whenever i can. but the level of slurping that this dude is getting from EVERYBODY is off the charts. sounds like john gruden wants to spend some time with him in the shower room. jesus christ. i don't remember the last player i've seen getting slurped this hard by the media. gruden is like "what's really flying under the radar here is this Philadelphia defense..". John, you ARE the ****ing radar, get your mouth of Carson Went'z dick for a bit and talk about the defense if you think it's flying under the radar. I'm afraid by the time this hype train is done rolling i'll be sick of hearing Carson's name, this **** is out of control.

gsf23nd
September 19th, 2016, 10:59 PM

yeah..I think the telling stat on that was they said last year the Eagles D was on the field and average of 72 plays...This year the first game they said Fletcher Cox, who plays pretty much every down, only had 32 plays..Lot easier to play well when you aren't gassed..

Thumper 76
September 19th, 2016, 11:07 PM
I'm glad he's had a great start, but man, could you ask for a better way to get welcomed into the league than starting with the Browns and the Bears? It's like preseason in season with that help. He has a great situation here it would seem.

FargoBison
September 19th, 2016, 11:09 PM

I'm think the Philly coaching staff is putting some NDSU stuff in to help speed Wentz along.

BisonTru
September 19th, 2016, 11:32 PM
i've really been rooting for Carson in his transition to the NFL. i'll watch him whenever i can. but the level of slurping that this dude is getting from EVERYBODY is off the charts. sounds like john gruden wants to spend some time with him in the shower room. jesus christ. i don't remember the last player i've seen getting slurped this hard by the media. gruden is like "what's really flying under the radar here is this Philadelphia defense..". John, you ARE the ****ing radar, get your mouth of Carson Went'z dick for a bit and talk about the defense if you think it's flying under the radar. I'm afraid by the time this hype train is done rolling i'll be sick of hearing Carson's name, this **** is out of control.

I love this ****. A lot of us NDSU fans saw how special he was a long time ago. Then as we move along to see all these analysts and experts start seeing everything we've saw for a long time is pretty fun. I remember when Mayock started seeing it after the senior bowl, and fans started getting annoyed with the hype.

You're going to get really sick of this stuff. Well, until you buy into it.

BTW, Gruden hypes everybody and everything. It's what he does.

BisonTru
September 19th, 2016, 11:41 PM
I'm think the Philly coaching staff is putting some NDSU stuff in to help speed Wentz along.

I disagree. Brad Childress (now the Chiefs new OC) has mentioned he's impressed with NDSU's offense with how they integrate some spread concepts but keep true to a pro style offense. I can't find the quote, but he mentioned taking some things they do at NDSU and bringing them to KC. I think the Eagles are doing the same thing.

ST_Lawson
September 19th, 2016, 11:50 PM
You're going to get really sick of this stuff. Well, until you buy into it.

https://i.imgur.com/Cd32El4.png

centennial
September 20th, 2016, 12:07 AM
I disagree. Brad Childress (now the Chiefs new OC) has mentioned he's impressed with NDSU's offense with how they integrate some spread concepts but keep true to a pro style offense. I can't find the quote, but he mentioned taking some things they do at NDSU and bringing them to KC. I think the Eagles are doing the same thing.

It was the in the news. I thought about posting this to BV. Wouldn't surprise me if Eagles coaches are doing the same. The Bears had never seen these plays, neither did Gruden.

clenz
September 20th, 2016, 07:00 AM
Oddly enough, I get home from class last night, turn the game on and within 2 minutes sent this text message to IBY and Thumper 76

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160920/144903c996c674c1d2cd6071a92bd057.jpg

After that PBU by Deiondre' Hall I had to shut the game off. I couldn't take it anymore. Gruden makes it so easy to want to see someone just nose dive.

I did turn it on later to see what the score was and I saw them completely ignoring the game and Gruden with a ****ing pool noodle talking about a two handed monster.

I hate that the Vikings will be on MNF this year. I can't watch it.

clenz
September 20th, 2016, 07:05 AM
Also,
Suck it, Carson

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/778044469006303233

- - - Updated - - -

Also,
Suck it, Carson

clenz
September 20th, 2016, 07:08 AM
It was the in the news. I thought about posting this to BV. Wouldn't surprise me if Eagles coaches are doing the same. The Bears had never seen these plays, neither did Gruden.
If you truly believe Gruden, or any NFL coach, has never seen the plays freaking NDSU has run you're so far on the NDSU delusional train there is no helping you.

Gruden has been coaching at the FBS and NFL levels since 1986. He was NFL head coach for 11 seasons. At this point his only job is breaking down game film. There is zero chance NDSU runs plays he's never seen.

Gruden is the ultimate dick slurping hype machine and will say anything to make whatever his flavor of the month is sound like the greatest thing to ever play the game.

TheRevSFA
September 20th, 2016, 07:24 AM
There is only one person on the planet who annoys me more than Joe Buck, and that is Gruden

Bisonator
September 20th, 2016, 07:27 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/954/323/394.jpg

ysubigred
September 20th, 2016, 08:34 AM
If you truly believe Gruden, or any NFL coach, has never seen the plays freaking NDSU has run you're so far on the NDSU delusional train there is no helping you.

Gruden has been coaching at the FBS and NFL levels since 1986. He was NFL head coach for 11 seasons. At this point his only job is breaking down game film. There is zero chance NDSU runs plays he's never seen.

Gruden is the ultimate dick slurping hype machine and will say anything to make whatever his flavor of the month is sound like the greatest thing to ever play the game.

Do you hate Gruden more that Tressel xconfusedx :Dxlolx Both good ole' OHIO boyzz!

http://www.dispatch.com/content/graphics/2015/07/28/gruden.jpg

http://media.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/photo/2014/08/18/15646728-standard.jpg

UNIFanSince1983
September 20th, 2016, 08:42 AM
That was a bad football game last night.

However, it did look like the Bears need more Deiondre Hall if they wanted to stop Wentz. I mean he's pretty used to playing against him. And is one of the few people on a team that has beat Carson before.

Daytripper
September 20th, 2016, 08:48 AM
It will be interesting to see if this thread is still active when Wentz retires in 2031.

BisonTru
September 20th, 2016, 08:52 AM
I love it. Not only do we get to annoy you folks on Saturdays, now we get to do it on Sundays. Go Iggles.

Also,
Suck it, Carson

- - - Updated - - -

Also,
Suck it, Carson

http://www.lovethisgif.com/uploaded_images/64116-Related-Pictures-Ashton-Kutcher-Burn-Know-Your-Meme.gif

It is funny the big criticism on Wentz was he never faced a real defense in college. Now in the pros the best play a defender made against him, he was playing against last year.

clenz
September 20th, 2016, 08:55 AM
And he didn't do **** against him I college.

POD Knows
September 20th, 2016, 09:11 AM

Man, you are bitter but I do agree with your comments regarding Gruden, that guy has always bugged me as an announcer. He has a terrible tendency to over hype people, he was getting all wet over that 7th round guy out of LSU, the DBack for Philly, until the guy started getting lit up, then he backed off. He does annoying **** like that all the time.

BisonTru
September 20th, 2016, 09:11 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/CGPPEVqhKiF8Y/giphy.gif

POD Knows
September 20th, 2016, 09:12 AM

Clenz must have missed that game although it is common that people will block out serious trauma and forget that it happened.

ST_Lawson
September 20th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Another annoying thing (to me, anyway) was when the announcers (maybe it was Gruden) said that the largest crowd Wentz had ever played in front of was like 26k in Montana. My first thought was "that can't be right...he didn't play an FBS game last year, I know, but I know they played one the year before that".

A 30 second trip into ESPN's website confirmed to me that Carson Wentz did in fact play for a larger crowd...in 2014 at Iowa State (54,800). Wasn't as many as were at the Bears game, but still quite a few more than the 26k they were saying was his previous "max".

veinup
September 20th, 2016, 09:13 AM
i believe i heard on the broadcast last night talk of wentz winning a superbowl with the eagles

he's played two games against two **** teams! slow it down a little bit guys. when i went to espn.com this morning i thought i was going to be redirected to carsonwentz.com

sgt smash
September 20th, 2016, 09:22 AM
i believe i heard on the broadcast last night talk of wentz winning a superbowl with the eagles

he's played two games against two **** teams! slow it down a little bit guys. when i went to espn.com this morning i thought i was going to be redirected to carsonwentz.com

You got me all excited there! That domain is still available though.

BisonTru
September 20th, 2016, 09:25 AM

This stuff never gets old.

He looked good against JV competition. Big deal.

None of the other good quarterbacks were at the senior bowl. (BTW, 4 rookie QBs will be starting next week, all of them were at the senior bowl)

He looked good in shorts. Big deal.

The Bears and Browns are ****. Big deal.

Can't wait till next week, when folks downplay Pittsburgh. xcoolx

Bisonator
September 20th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Lol you should take the purple shades off once in awhile. Green and purple isn't a good look. xlolx

Hammerhead
September 20th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Wentz off to a good start. Time will tell if defenses get better with more game film to study and if he can stay healthy.

Gruden is my least favorite announcer who says things like: "He's a real competitor." as if the other 105 players on the rosters are just playing football between auditions until their acting careers take off. :)

UNIFanSince1983
September 20th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Can't wait till next week, when folks downplay Pittsburgh. xcoolx

I mean let's see how he does against Pittsburgh. He was decent last night. Completed a lot of passes, but not many yards. 190 in the NFL is game manager status not star QB status. They were comparing him to Alex Smith which is funny because no one brings up Alex Smith when the talk about the best in the game. They call him Captain Checkdown. Of course that could just be Pederson's offense.

Now I am cheering for him to do well. It can only help everyone in FCS, but when you guys come on here and act like he is God's gift to football it is ridiculous. The guy has played 2 games against bad defenses. And last night wasn't overly impressive. If he goes out and plays well against the Steelers then maybe, but let's keep our emotions in check for just a little bit. He isn't unseating Brady, Manning, Farve, Montana, etc anytime soon.

Bison56
September 20th, 2016, 09:52 AM
I mean let's see how he does against Pittsburgh. He was decent last night. Completed a lot of passes, but not many yards. 190 in the NFL is game manager status not star QB status. They were comparing him to Alex Smith which is funny because no one brings up Alex Smith when the talk about the best in the game. They call him Captain Checkdown. Of course that could just be Pederson's offense.

Now I am cheering for him to do well. It can only help everyone in FCS, but when you guys come on here and act like he is God's gift to football it is ridiculous. The guy has played 2 games against bad defenses. And last night wasn't overly impressive. If he goes out and plays well against the Steelers then maybe, but let's keep our emotions in check for just a little bit. He isn't unseating Brady, Manning, Farve, Montana, etc anytime soon.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/43391271.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiYs-KEmZ7PAhXKQCYKHWR6CWIQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmemegenerator.net%2Finstance%2F4 3391271&bvm=bv.133178914,d.cWw&psig=AFQjCNE7F5Tm4qYzt-dq4-wIHBK3k16WYg&ust=1474469428814073)

Bison56
September 20th, 2016, 09:55 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23572&stc=1Monday night recap.

POD Knows
September 20th, 2016, 09:56 AM

Pittsburgh has one of the worst pass defenses in all of the NFL and I am a Steeler fan, they play incredibly soft underneath. Their pass D is ranked 30th YTD and their secondary sucked balls last year as well. Pittsburgh's D is GROSSLY overrated. Pittsburgh plays very soft on pass D when they have the lead and my guess is that Pittsburgh will have the lead early in this game and force Wentz to throw, a lot. Wentz could put up huge numbers in this game and still lose.

AmsterBison
September 20th, 2016, 10:07 AM
For clenz's amusement:

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/778080751954890752

Twentysix
September 20th, 2016, 10:11 AM
For clenz's amusement:

:D

TheKingpin28
September 20th, 2016, 10:19 AM
People forget how many dimes Carson has been throwing that Anghlor and Mathews keep dropping...IN THE ENDZONE.

POD Knows
September 20th, 2016, 10:23 AM
People forget how many dimes Carson has been throwing that Anghlor and Mathews keep dropping...IN THE ENDZONE.

Yep, he might have the worst receivers in the NFL. Two great long throws last night, both should have been TD's and both drops, pathetic.

AmsterBison
September 20th, 2016, 10:26 AM

House Mormont remembers.The North remembers.

THE KINGS IN THE NORTH! THE KINGS IN THE NORTH! THE KINGS IN THE NORTH!

clenz
September 20th, 2016, 10:33 AM
For clenz's amusement:

23rd in yards
25th in comp %
13th in TD with 3
5.6 YPA

Compare to the others ranked behind him

Brees 686 yds, 66%, 5-0 TD/INT
Rivers 463, 70%, 5-0
Carr 618, 70%, 4-0
Palmer 579, 62%, 5-0
Wentz 468, 61%, 3-0

Hell, after one game in an offense he had 13 days practice in, against a super bowl contender, Bradford has
286 yards, 72%, 2-0

He's pretty good but maybe we can pop his dick out our mouths for a minute or two

FargoBison
September 20th, 2016, 10:35 AM

I was going to say Wentz basically destroyed UNI's defense the last quarter or so of that game.

TheRevSFA
September 20th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Lol you should take the purple shades off once in awhile. Green and purple isn't a good look. xlolx

Unless it is Mardi Gras....

TheKingpin28
September 20th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Yep, he might have the worst receivers in the NFL. Two great long throws last night, both should have been TD's and both drops, pathetic.

I sat there is disbelief that his stat line would have looked better around 250 and 2 to 3 TDs had they not been using liquid butter as their means of reeling them in.

Professor Chaos
September 20th, 2016, 10:43 AM
I thought Wentz looked better in game 1 against Cleveland than he did last night. Agholor probably should've caught that one deep ball but it was underthrown which allowed the DB to get back into the play and he probably would've been tackled short of the goal line due to the underthrow. Matthews' was a straight TD drop (which lost me my fantasy football game also I might add) on a perfect throw.

The pass Hall broke up in the end zone was also not a very good throw. If he puts that ball more towards the middle of the field he at least gives his receiver a chance. All in all, I'm thrilled as a Wentz fan with how he's played and I'm sure Philly fans are also but there's still plenty of room for improvement.

Bisonator
September 20th, 2016, 10:50 AM

This. He should have had at least another 60-75 yards and 2 more TD's.

- - - Updated - - -

I sat there is disbelief that his stat line would have looked better around 250 and 2 to 3 TDs had they not been using liquid butter as their means of reeling them in.

Beat me to it.

I'm sure Carson is just happy with the win as he should be.

BisonTru
September 20th, 2016, 10:53 AM
23rd in yards
25th in comp %
13th in TD with 3
5.6 YPA ?

Compare to the others ranked behind him

Brees 686 yds, 66%, 5-0 TD/INT
Rivers 463, 70%, 5-0
Carr 618, 70%, 4-0
Palmer 579, 62%, 5-0
Wentz 468, 61%, 3-0

Hell, after one game in an offense he had 13 days practice in, against a super bowl contender, Bradford has
286 yards, 72%, 2-0

He's pretty good but maybe we can pop his dick out our mouths for a minute or two

Dick in mouth. DGAF. We're two weeks into his career and folks are already making up statistics and pointing out he isn't STATISTICALLY as good as Drew Brees. Cmon. It's all there. Wentz will be a star in the NFL. My only concern moving forward is if he has an injury riddle career.

POD Knows
September 20th, 2016, 10:55 AM
I thought Wentz looked better in game 1 against Cleveland than he did last night. Agholor probably should've caught that one deep ball but it was underthrown which allowed the DB to get back into the play and he probably would've been tackled short of the goal line due to the underthrow. Matthews' was a straight TD drop (which lost me my fantasy football game also I might add) on a perfect throw.

The pass Hall broke up in the end zone was also not a very good throw. If he puts that ball more towards the middle of the field he at least gives his receiver a chance. All in all, I'm thrilled as a Wentz fan with how he's played and I'm sure Philly fans are also but there's still plenty of room for improvement.

The pass that Hall broke up was a great throw, maybe could have been a touch more arch but Hall made a huge play on it. The one deep ball that was underthrown was maybe a 1/2 yard underthrown and should have been caught. How many yards in passing did he lose to penalties, it was quite a bit.

He will never be the kind of guy that has multiple 400 yard games with Philly, it isn't their style.

BisonTru
September 20th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Matthews' was a straight TD drop (which lost me my fantasy football game also I might add) on a perfect throw.

Ditto.

Schism55
September 20th, 2016, 11:06 AM
May need to open a salt mine for all the dick weeds in this thread.
If you have watched his first two games and don't think he has shown the judgement, poise and arm strength to have a long, successful career in the NFL, you don't know **** about football.
We live in a 24/7 news cycle with heaps of recency bias, so of course there will be some craziness by the media. Part of it is how hard it is to be a good QB in the NFL. They appreciate it when they see it. See Manziel, RG3, Cutler lol.

BisonTru
September 20th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Lane Johnson (Eagles RT) has had his B sample come back positive as well for a banned substance. He has an appeal Oct. 4th. He is currently looking at a 10 game suspension. At this point it's more than likely he gets suspended only hope I would say is if they lower the suspension. A 10 game suspension would take Lane out of the lineup from the bye week until the final three games of the season.

Schism55
September 20th, 2016, 11:19 AM
Lane Johnson (Eagles RT) has had his B sample come back positive as well for a banned substance. He has an appeal Oct. 4th. He is currently looking at a 10 game suspension. At this point it's more than likely he gets suspended only hope I would say is if they lower the suspension. A 10 game suspension would take Lane out of the lineup from the bye week until the final three games of the season.
This is going to be a blow. He's their best O Lineman. Zero chance he dodges this suspension. Hope the backup is getting tons of reps in practice.

BisonTru
September 20th, 2016, 11:28 AM
This is going to be a blow. He's their best O Lineman. Zero chance he dodges this suspension. Hope the backup is getting tons of reps in practice.

The current plan is to move LG Barbre to RT, and to either play the rookie Seamalu or Wisnewski (veteran backup C) at LG.

IBleedYellow
September 20th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Carson has been showing some glimpses of awesomeness.

We'll see how it pans out. Hopefully he represents the FCS (and NDSU) well.

BisonTru
September 20th, 2016, 12:11 PM
http://youtu.be/9MGc_y3SYFE

Go to the 1:18 mark.

IBleedYellow
September 20th, 2016, 12:27 PM
But seriously though, why is this still in FCS-D?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BisonTru
September 20th, 2016, 12:48 PM
The guy has played 2 games against bad defenses. And last night wasn't overly impressive. .

https://media.giphy.com/media/cdz9t9y6HRSso/giphy.gif

IBleedYellow
September 20th, 2016, 12:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UI3mfeW.gif

Just tossing Garbshotz...

ursus arctos horribilis
September 20th, 2016, 01:13 PM
But seriously though, why is this still in FCS-D?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah, it sure shouldn't have been but I just didn't notice it was in there. Penguin, these threads about pro's go to the "Ins & Outs of FCS" in the future please.

Southern Bison
September 20th, 2016, 01:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UI3mfeW.gif

Just tossing Garbshotz...
The ref tried to join in and missed...

clenz
September 20th, 2016, 02:48 PM
FWIW, since our NDSU fans are so butt hurt that I said he didn't really do much against UNI...

His stats from the 2 games
-17 point differential
1-1 record
233.5 YPG
4 TD
3 INT

BisonTru
September 20th, 2016, 03:25 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/rMVIs2gGBEEPS/giphy.gif

clenz
September 20th, 2016, 03:31 PM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/sites/default/files/styles/16x9_860/public/field/image/X00046_9_0.jpg?itok=OWyHMphL

Hall with another Wentz PBU
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/campus-corner/815g1h/picture28860613/ALTERNATES/FREE_640/deiondre%20hall%200727

POD Knows
September 20th, 2016, 03:37 PM
FWIW, since our NDSU fans are so butt hurt that I said he didn't really do much against UNI...

His stats from the 2 games
-17 point differential
1-1 record
233.5 YPG
4 TD
3 INT

Wentz had 330+ passing in the second game, not much in the first game, you win I guess

clenz
September 20th, 2016, 03:38 PM
http://photos.mycapture.com/CRGZ/1868098/53740935E.jpg
http://www.thegazette.com/storyimage/GA/20151008/ARTICLE/151009682/AR/0/AR-151009682.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=653
http://photos.mycapture.com/CRGZ/1868098/53740956E.jpg

BisonTru
September 20th, 2016, 03:39 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Yztxagukn8cne/giphy.gif

BTW, his not much performance, stats-O-clenz: 26-40 335 yds, 8.4 ypa, 4 TDs, 2 Ints.

clenz
September 20th, 2016, 03:40 PM
His dominating performance

15-25
132 yards
0 TD
1 INT

BisonTru
September 20th, 2016, 03:52 PM
His dominating performance

15-25
132 yards
0 TD
1 INT

It was a dominating performance by another NFL player now with the Cardinals. I'll give credit where it's due, and I've been high on DJ for a long time. I'm a little surprised Wentz was still 60% in that game. Tough to really get the passing game going when your opponent doesn't need to respect your running game. Flip DJ or Wentz to the other side and that game would have been out of control by halftime.

clenz
September 20th, 2016, 04:18 PM
It was a dominating performance by another NFL player now with the Cardinals. I'll give credit where it's due, and I've been high on DJ for a long time. I'm a little surprised Wentz was still 60% in that game. Tough to really get the passing game going when your opponent doesn't need to respect your running game. Flip DJ or Wentz to the other side and that game would have been out of control by halftime.
Here's the thing

DJ is a legit top 5 running back in the league.
He's a legit top 15 play maker in the league.
3 weeks into his career he had his uniform in the hall of fame for doing things that had never been done in NFL history.
In In 18 games, and just 7 as a starter, he has 600 yards recieving (haven't checked but I'd bet that's the most by a running back and it's probably not close) and is averaging damn near 4.8 yards per carry.
He is a god damn human highlight reel with his runs, receptions, stiff arms, jukes etc...
His average fantasy draft position this year on ESPN was 10th, and was the 8th rated player going into the season...that's a first rounder on both of those. Only running backs taken before him? AP, Gurley and Elliot (because of the line he has).

All of that and I bet there has been maybe 3 posts about him outside of this thread this year. I know my only post about him was "In other news, DJ is still pretty good". I could easily make a thread for just DJ and post gif after gif and photo after photo. I don't? Why? Everyone else gets it. He's good. There's no reason for me to try to "prove" something to anyone about how good he is.

Here we go though..My favorites I've come across
https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/johnson-stiff-arm-on-td-against-eagles-0.gif?w=1000https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/johnson-stiff-arm-on-td-against-eagles.gif?w=1000https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Mu3Ub4nMZik/V1jAo0QE0YI/AAAAAAAABjY/d49_i94sduI3KWbHfuUIXcj_ah_0y4LhQ/w506-h750/David%2BJohnson%2BFantasy%2BFootball.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/xTk9ZzCflWH7TguRA4/giphy.gifhttps://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/5856013/djuke.0.gifhttps://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/kCq6IkxTwcVeIY9ghcWsl3IyTjA=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7082773/dave.0.gif

http://ngscsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/David-Johnson-Balance.gif

First time he touched the ball in an NFL game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sT8ghcz4Eh0

Watch the stiff arms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g53Ae-v5tWY

Through the first two games of his career he literally averaged a touchdown per time touching the ball

Xavier Williams has seen significant PT for the Cardinals this year
Deiondre Hall is a damn stud that Bears fans and media members are begging to see the field more
Jimmy G lit it the **** up for 1.5 games before getting hurt. 70% completion, 489 yards, 4 TD 0 INT a 117.2 rating.
Cortland Finnegan is an All Pro
Marques Colston
Adam Vinatieri is one of, is the, best kicker in NFL history
Vincent Jackson is one of the top WR in the game
Victor Cruz technically played FCS ball I believe
Julius Thomas

There are literally dozens of FCS players in the NFL getting PT every week that have already established themselves as NFL "stars" and competition starters.

How many David Johnson threads do we see here? How many Vincent Jackson threads? In fact, what we heard through most of his rookie year was "he isn't even good enough to beat Chris Johnson out for the starter job, it's a good start but it will calm down".

UNI fans have every right to start a DJ thread here and just post the 7 or 8 gifs he creates a week.

Literally no one here has questioned that Wentz has the tools to become a star. Maybe he's the next Brady. Maybe he will legitimately be the GOAT. All anyone has said is we might want to chill the **** out with the knob slobbering after 2 games against two 0-2 teams that are just a hot mess.

The problem is NDSU fans are so caught up in everything about NDSU is so ****ing awesome and no one dare question or even try to temper expectations that **** like this happens. People point out he didn't play against great defenses so maybe we need to wait to see what he does against better defenses and it becomes just a "You don't get it, man"

Southern Bison
September 20th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Here's the thing

3 weeks into his career he had his uniform in the hall of fame for doing things that had never been done in NFL history.
In In 18 games, and just 7 as a starter, he has 600 yards recieving (haven't checked but I'd bet that's the most by a running back and it's probably not close) and is averaging damn near 4.8 yards per carry.
He is a god damn human highlight reel with his runs, receptions, stiff arms, jukes etc...
His average fantasy draft position this year on ESPN was 10th, and was the 8th rated player going into the season...that's a first rounder on both of those. Only running backs taken before him? AP, Gurley and Elliot (because of the line he has).

All of that and I bet there has been maybe 3 posts about him outside of this thread this year. I know my only post about him was "In other news, DJ is still pretty good". I could easily make a thread for just DJ and post gif after gif and photo after photo. I don't? Why? Everyone else gets it. He's good. There's no reason for me to try to "prove" something to anyone about how good he is.

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/johnson-stiff-arm-on-td-against-eagles-0.gif?w=1000https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/johnson-stiff-arm-on-td-against-eagles.gif?w=1000https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Mu3Ub4nMZik/V1jAo0QE0YI/AAAAAAAABjY/d49_i94sduI3KWbHfuUIXcj_ah_0y4LhQ/w506-h750/David%2BJohnson%2BFantasy%2BFootball.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/xTk9ZzCflWH7TguRA4/giphy.gifhttps://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/5856013/djuke.0.gifhttps://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/kCq6IkxTwcVeIY9ghcWsl3IyTjA=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/7082773/dave.0.gif

Watch the stiff arms

Through the first two games of his career he literally averaged a touchdown per time touching the ball

Deiondre Hall is a damn stud that Bears fans and media members are begging to see the field more
Jimmy G lit it the **** up for 1.5 games before getting hurt. 70% completion, 489 yards, 4 TD 0 INT a 117.2 rating.
Marques Colston
Julius Thomas

There are literally dozens of FCS players in the NFL getting PT every week that have already established themselves as NFL "stars" and competition starters.

How many David Johnson threads do we see here? How many Vincent Jackson threads? In fact, what we heard through most of his rookie year was "he isn't even good enough to beat Chris Johnson out for the starter job, it's a good start but it will calm down".

UNI fans have every right to start a DJ thread here and just post the 7 or 8 gifs he creates a week.

Literally no one here has questioned that Wentz has the tools to become a star. Maybe he's the next Brady. Maybe he will legitimately be the GOAT. All anyone has said is we might want to chill the **** out with the knob slobbering after 2 games against two 0-2 teams that are just a hot mess.

The problem is NDSU fans are so caught up in everything about NDSU is so ****ing awesome and no one dare question or even try to temper expectations that **** like this happens. People point out he didn't play against great defenses so maybe we need to wait to see what he does against better defenses and it becomes just a "You don't get it, man"
Holy jealousy complex, Clenz...

If you or any UNI fan had started a DJ thread, you'd see a lot of respect for him coming from all corners of AGS. He's done more than T West, Crockett, & others.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't be coming on that thread & touting my team's former player while trashing yours.

DJ has found a fit & a roster spot with a team that works for him with a mid-round rookie contract.

Carson seems to have achieved the same but with a #2-overall rookie contract.

In other words, enjoy the FCS success in the NFL.

BisonFan02
September 20th, 2016, 05:39 PM
All of this UNI NFL talent and they've never ****ing won anything. xlolx

Bisonator
September 20th, 2016, 05:51 PM
Holy jealousy complex, Clenz...

If you or any UNI fan had started a DJ thread, you'd see a lot of respect for him coming from all corners of AGS. He's done more than T West, Crockett, & others.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't be coming on that thread & touting my team's former player while trashing yours.

DJ has found a fit & a roster spot with a team that works for him with a mid-round rookie contract.

Carson seems to have achieved the same but with a #2-overall rookie contract.

In other words, enjoy the FCS success in the NFL.

This. The jealousy is thru the roof epic.

If you don't like the Wentz talk WTF are you in this thread? Make all the ****ing UNI player threads you ****ing want. Nobody ****ing cares. And by the way this thread wasn't even started by an NDSU fan!

POD Knows
September 20th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Here's the thing

Watch the stiff arms

Marques Colston
Julius Thomas

It is free country and a relatively free board, why didn't you start a DJ thread, I can guarantee you that nobody from any of the other fan bases would have came on this board and tried to minimize his pro and college career.

BisonTru
September 20th, 2016, 07:05 PM
First off start up a DJ thread. Big fan of that dude. I don't know why he doesn't get more attention here.

Second quarterback is just a different beast. That's the most important and popular position on the field. I wasn't here when flacco got drafted but I've looked through some of those threads. There was some excited posters back then.

Third myself and quite a few other posters saw something special in Wentz a long time ago. I haven't been wrong on him yet. I'm all in. I'm fine that some of you want to pump the breaks. They're broken in this bandwagon. If I'm wrong I'll eat my crow but for now my opinion is what it is.

Twentysix
September 25th, 2016, 05:29 PM
Wentz has been outstanding vs Pittsburgh

Twentysix
September 25th, 2016, 05:55 PM
Carson Wentz (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/2573079)
23/30
0-0

stats at the beginning of the 4th qtr.

BisonTru
September 25th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Carson Wentz (http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/2573079)
23/30
0-0

stats at the beginning of the 4th qtr.

I'm getting a little greedy now, but I could use another garbage TD in fantasy.

semobison
September 25th, 2016, 06:04 PM
This. The jealousy is thru the roof epic.

If you don't like the Wentz talk WTF are you in this thread? Make all the ****ing UNI player threads you ****ing want. Nobody ****ing cares. And by the way this thread wasn't even started by an NDSU fan!

I agree. Clenz is in every thread that has anything to do with NDSU. It's because UNI playing The Bison tough annually is the best thing their program has done the last 10 years. It's their "signature" moments! GTF out if you don't like this thread Clenzy!

BisonTru
September 25th, 2016, 07:11 PM
Just turned over to NBC for the night game they are talking Wentz. Clenz and veinup might want to avoid sports TV or talk this week.

Thundar
September 25th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Hell of a performance against a good team..wow

POD Knows
September 25th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Wentz's performance was almost perfect but the Steelers are a deeply flawed football team and it will continue to show in the upcoming weeks. Wentz had great numbers even through they still had a few drops. The guy is ice, he looked a lot more poised than Dalton for Cincy did against Pittsburgh and that guy has been around a while.

This is amazing stuff we are seeing.

Gil Dobie
September 25th, 2016, 08:17 PM
Wentz leads the Beagles over the Steelers. CBS cuts away after 3 quarters due to the blowout.

Twentysix
September 25th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Wentz leads the Beagles over the Steelers. CBS cuts away after 3 quarters due to the blowout.

*** your regions CBS cuts away

BisonTru
September 28th, 2016, 03:01 PM
https://twitter.com/JohnBarchard/status/781118996531802112

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Carson looking good against the Lions today: 17/19 and 173 yards 2 TDs

Bisonator
October 9th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Well Carson got his first int and loss out of the way. Team played like crap, officiating was awful and they still should have won it.

POD Knows
October 9th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Hated that last play, they had tons of time and really only needed 40 yards or so for the field goal. Ball was a little underthrown but the receiver made a terrible play on the ball. Wentz looked pretty good all day, but 14 penalties vs. 2, are you kidding me.

Twentysix
October 9th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Wentz has great stats from that game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 10th, 2016, 06:36 AM
Hated that last play, they had tons of time and really only needed 40 yards or so for the field goal. Ball was a little underthrown but the receiver made a terrible play on the ball. Wentz looked pretty good all day, but 14 penalties vs. 2, are you kidding me.

The penalties is what lost that game for them. Stalled drives and really hampered the offense. Carson is the only reason they were in the game with a chance to win it.

POD Knows
October 12th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Sorry to drag this garbage in here but does anybody know who this asshole is?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23701&stc=1

BisonFan02
October 12th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Sorry to drag this garbage in here but does anybody know who this asshole is?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23701&stc=1

Looks like a Vikings fan.

POD Knows
October 12th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Looks like a Vikings fan.

Well yea, but the post was pretty heinous, I know it was supposed to be a joke but it was pretty lame. I was looking at the stuff on Billy Turner and then I clicked on this thread, might have to check and see if he got lit up because this post is pretty bad.

I was just curious and I know that stuff from another board doesn't belong here but I did it anyway.

Bisonator
October 16th, 2016, 07:17 PM
Rough game today for Wentz and Philly. Couple of those sacks were clearly on him today but their line is complete garbage without Lane Johnson. If they don't get better in a hurry Wentz could get killed by the Vikes next weekend. Also gotta get the penalties under control although some of those have been BS calls too.

bonarae
October 22nd, 2016, 05:30 AM
Hmm...

There is really a conflict of interest for the people of Fargo and Carson Wentz, coming into Sunday's game.

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/20721/as-carson-wentz-faces-vikings-he-wont-have-all-of-fargo-behind-him

POD Knows
October 22nd, 2016, 08:23 AM
Hmm...

There is really a conflict of interest for the people of Fargo and Carson Wentz, coming into Sunday's game.

http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-vikings/post/_/id/20721/as-carson-wentz-faces-vikings-he-wont-have-all-of-fargo-behind-him

i have lived in North Dakota and Minnesota all my live and I hope Wentz lights them up. I must be a 5 percenter because I dispise the Vikings.

Bisonator
October 22nd, 2016, 07:39 PM
Hmm...

I'll be cheering for Wentz and the Eagles in this one. They need the win more then the Vikes. Besides I'm used to the Vikes choking in the end anyway.

FargoBison
October 22nd, 2016, 11:40 PM
Hmm...

Not really, Vikes all the way.

JayJ79
October 23rd, 2016, 01:55 PM
I see Scheel's hired Wentz for some ads. Makes sense given the Fargo connection for both. (not sure if it was a national ad or a local/regional though)

BisonTru
October 23rd, 2016, 01:57 PM
I see Scheel's hired Wentz for some ads. Makes sense given the Fargo connection for both. (not sure if it was a national ad or a local/regional though)

I would assume it's just local. He told his agent early on in the draft process I don't care what deals you get me, but I want Scheels. To which his agent responded, what in the hell is scheels?

BisonTru
October 23rd, 2016, 02:22 PM
Finally Wentz gets a TD pass today. I think Emory Hunt was about to log in here again.

https://twitter.com/AwfulWhiteQBs/status/790261431178375168

JayJ79
October 23rd, 2016, 02:26 PM
I would assume it's just local. He told his agent early on in the draft process I don't care what deals you get me, but I want Scheels. To which his agent responded, what in the hell is scheels?

the Scheels footprint does have a fair amount of overlap with the regional TV map for this game, but yeah it is probably an ad run by local affiliates in markets with an actual Scheels store vs. something that is run by FOX (or maybe most commercials are run that way instead of national, dunno)

Hammersmith
October 23rd, 2016, 02:42 PM
the Scheels footprint does have a fair amount of overlap with the regional TV map for this game, but yeah it is probably an ad run by local affiliates in markets with an actual Scheels store vs. something that is run by FOX (or maybe most commercials are run that way instead of national, dunno)

Definitely local. You can tell because you can sometimes see a fragment of the national ad just before or after the Scheels ads. The Fargo affiliate also covered up the opening kickoff with a Scheels ad.

Bisonoline
October 24th, 2016, 12:03 AM

Hadnt heard that one.

CHIP72
October 24th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Three comments post-Vikings/Eagles game:

1) Those people who are Vikings/Wentz fans mentioned in the ESPN link were doubly disappointed. I am happy about the first part of that. :)

2) Wentz was shaky against the Vikings, and besides the interceptions I didn't like the fact he fumbled three snaps (though he made a very nice play on the second of those three fumbles that ended up gaining about 20 yards and setting up the Eagles' only offensive touchdown). On the other hand, after a very rough start, he seemed to right the ship as the game went on. Additionally, the Vikings are a very good defensive team, and IMO after the rough start the Eagles really got conservative in their play-calling in part to protect Wentz. With the Vikings playing so poorly on offense, the conservative play-calling probably was a smart move.

3) I had the pleasure of meeting Milkman prior to the game; he, his father, and his sister all attended the Vikings/Eagles game (with both Milkman and his sister sporting Carson Wentz Eagles apparel and their dad wearing NDSU gear). Milkman reached out to me about 1 1/2 months ago looking for pointers about traveling around in the Philadelphia area and places he and his family could visit while he was there. I don't know if my recommendations helped him or not (they are doing that Philadelphia sightseeing today, the day after the game), but I'm hopeful they were. (I do think he and possibly his father will enjoy the Mitchell & Ness store, even if they don't buy anything because most M&N stuff, except their items on clearance in the back room, is usually so expensive; heck, I'm usually a window shopper when I'm there LOL.)

Milkman
October 26th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Three comments post-Vikings/Eagles game:

1) Those people who are Vikings/Wentz fans mentioned in the ESPN link were doubly disappointed. I am happy about the first part of that. :)

2) Wentz was shaky against the Vikings, and besides the interceptions I didn't like the fact he fumbled three snaps (though he made a very nice play on the second of those three fumbles that ended up gaining about 20 yards and setting up the Eagles' only offensive touchdown). On the other hand, after a very rough start, he seemed to right the ship as the game went on. Additionally, the Vikings are a very good defensive team, and IMO after the rough start the Eagles really got conservative in their play-calling in part to protect Wentz. With the Vikings playing so poorly on offense, the conservative play-calling probably was a smart move.

3) I had the pleasure of meeting Milkman prior to the game; he, his father, and his sister all attended the Vikings/Eagles game (with both Milkman and his sister sporting Carson Wentz Eagles apparel and their dad wearing NDSU gear). Milkman reached out to me about 1 1/2 months ago looking for pointers about traveling around in the Philadelphia area and places he and his family could visit while he was there. I don't know if my recommendations helped him or not (they are doing that Philadelphia sightseeing today, the day after the game), but I'm hopeful they were. (I do think he and possibly his father will enjoy the Mitchell & Ness store, even if they don't buy anything because most M&N stuff, except their items on clearance in the back room, is usually so expensive; heck, I'm usually a window shopper when I'm there LOL.)It was definitely nice to meet you in person and thank you for all of your info and advice. Philadelphia is a wonderful city. We all had a great time. Eagles fans were great. Lot of good back and forth with Vikings fans around us. The actual football being played was a disappointment but the rest of our time in Philly was amazing. Pretty sure I talked football with every willing person I ran into.

BisonTru
November 2nd, 2016, 10:48 PM
https://twitter.com/PFF/status/793590460707209216

Twentysix
November 3rd, 2016, 11:51 PM
So Carson needs 2 passing TDs in nearly every remaining game to hit the rookie record. Would be cool if he could get it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 4th, 2016, 09:26 PM
So Carson needs 2 passing TDs in nearly every remaining game to hit the rookie record. Would be cool if he could get it.

Would easily do it if he had some decent WRs....:(

Bisonator
November 7th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Philly's coach is driving me nuts. Going for it on 4th down in FG range 3 times? And then the play calls?? xchinscratchx

BisonBacker
November 8th, 2016, 10:42 AM
All true but if you were to ask Carson he'd be the first to say he can't be throwing interceptions like that to start a game. Starting from 14 down right off the bat is not a good place to be. Now with that said yes Peterson F'd up but what bothers me more than anything is he refuses to accept responsibility. I listen to philly sports talk radio all the time. 94WIP (you can listen online or your phone with an app for free) and they have him on every week. He's repeatedly said he wouldn't change any plays except one where he didn't go for it on 4th down in the Dallas game. He needs to either get way better at play calling or better yet give the Offensive Coordinator the play calling duties from up in the booth.

From an offensive standpoint I've never understood trying to call a game from field level when you can see so much better in real time what's going on down on the field when you are in the booth. Yeah you can get the screenshots on your little computer on the sidelines but I don't think its the same as being up in the booth seeing everything down on the field. But Peterson's unwillingness to say yeah I need to do better and put the players in a position to succeed isn't something he's done once that I've heard.

Bisonator
November 8th, 2016, 01:18 PM
All true but if you were to ask Carson he'd be the first to say he can't be throwing interceptions like that to start a game. Starting from 14 down right off the bat is not a good place to be. Now with that said yes Peterson F'd up but what bothers me more than anything is he refuses to accept responsibility. I listen to philly sports talk radio all the time. 94WIP (you can listen online or your phone with an app for free) and they have him on every week. He's repeatedly said he wouldn't change any plays except one where he didn't go for it on 4th down in the Dallas game. He needs to either get way better at play calling or better yet give the Offensive Coordinator the play calling duties from up in the booth.

From an offensive standpoint I've never understood trying to call a game from field level when you can see so much better in real time what's going on down on the field when you are in the booth. Yeah you can get the screenshots on your little computer on the sidelines but I don't think its the same as being up in the booth seeing everything down on the field. But Peterson's unwillingness to say yeah I need to do better and put the players in a position to succeed isn't something he's done once that I've heard.
Agree with everything. He can't admit he screwed the pooch. No question Carson made a couple horrible throws early. That's the second game he's done that and needs to be better.

BisonBacker
November 16th, 2016, 09:48 AM
What would the Eagles record be if they had receivers that could catch the ball? 7-2? 8-1?
What chance would Carson have at ROY?

I suggest turning of the sound for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEySY4hY6oM

BisonBacker
November 17th, 2016, 12:11 PM
https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnfl/carson-wentz-coach-pederson-has-instilled-a-lot-of-confidence-in-me

Twentysix
November 17th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Would easily do it if he had some decent WRs....:(

It's looking really bad now. No passing TDs in the last 2 games. He now needs 2 and a half passing TDs per game from here on out.

BisonTru
November 17th, 2016, 03:08 PM
FWIW, as much we bitch about his WRs (warranted), PFF graded out the Eagles line second to only Dallas. Gave up the second least QB pressures. So he does have that going for him.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-11/

Twentysix
November 18th, 2016, 06:25 AM
FWIW, as much we bitch about his WRs (warranted), PFF graded out the Eagles line second to only Dallas. Gave up the second least QB pressures. So he does have that going for him.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-11/

They've been good,but they've also been horrendous.

If only he didn't have all these drops.

BisonTru
November 18th, 2016, 11:51 AM
They've been good,but they've also been horrendous.

If only he didn't have all these drops.

Also with the line, I think Carson deserves some credit. He generally has a pretty good idea what the defense is doing and where he wants to go with the football. A lot of rookies and even some veterans looked lost trying to find someone and the line can't protect you forever.

POD Knows
November 20th, 2016, 04:49 PM
That Agholor **** from the Philly Eagles is the worst receiver in the history of football, somebody cut his ****ing ass.

BisonBacker
November 21st, 2016, 11:17 AM
That Agholor **** from the Philly Eagles is the worst receiver in the history of football, somebody cut his ****ing ass.

He is so bad it's not even funny. How the hell he went in the 1st round is beyond me. That POS wouldn't start at many FCS schools the way he drops balls.

POD Knows
November 21st, 2016, 11:27 AM
He is so bad it's not even funny. How the hell he went in the 1st round is beyond me. That POS wouldn't start at many FCS schools the way he drops balls.

It isn't just that he has bad hands, but he won't block and when he tries to block he usually gets a penalty. He never gets separation and appears to always be running at half speed. That penalty yesterday on that TD that was called back absolutely killed the Eagles and then he drops another perfectly thrown ball in the next series. The Eagles are a bad football team on offense, for a while yesterday, the QB from Seattle had more receiving yards than the Eagles WR's.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2016, 07:54 PM
Eagles need to put some players around Carson. His WR corp is crap and the OL is mediocre at best.

They would be 0-10 w/o him.

TheRevSFA
November 21st, 2016, 08:27 PM
Is this the point where I mention that our fourth round drafted QB is outshining Wentz, Goff, etc?

POD Knows
November 21st, 2016, 08:38 PM
Is this the point where I mention that our fourth round drafted QB is outshining Wentz, Goff, etc?

Go ahead but put him in Philly and see how he does.

TheRevSFA
November 21st, 2016, 08:39 PM
Go ahead but put him in Philly and see how he does.

Why would I wish that on anyone?

POD Knows
November 21st, 2016, 08:42 PM
Why would I wish that on anyone?

Philly is OK, they just need to get some guys that actually catch the ball, and maybe a couple running backs that don't fumble in tight games situations, and maybe some defensive secondary help, maybe cut down on penalties and, oh **** it, here's to a 7-9 season.

Good luck in the Super Bowl

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2016, 08:56 PM

Really?

Prescott has a great OL, very good rookie RB and good WRs....

The only reason Philly is not 0-10 is because of CW.

clenz
November 21st, 2016, 08:57 PM
Really?

That's not true at all

TheRevSFA
November 21st, 2016, 08:57 PM
Really?

Im directing it more at Philly fans than CW fans

BisonTru
November 21st, 2016, 09:14 PM
Really?

That's not true at all

His last line, I'll somewhat agree with you. The Philly defense and their offensive line have been surprisingly good. Although Wentz deserves his due both with some impressive play and some areas he could improve upon.

His second line (which you may or may not have been referring to) is spot on tho. Dak has all day to pass, a hellava rushing attack, and one of the best WOs in the league. IMO, they should be starting Romo, but the Cowgirls won't realize that until it's too late.

TheRevSFA
November 21st, 2016, 09:58 PM
His last line, I'll somewhat agree with you. The Philly defense and their offensive line have been surprisingly good. Although Wentz deserves his due both with some impressive play and some areas he could improve upon.

His second line (which you may or may not have been referring to) is spot on tho. Dak has all day to pass, a hellava rushing attack, and one of the best WOs in the league. IMO, they should be starting Romo, but the Cowgirls won't realize that until it's too late.

Really? Why screw with the current mojo? Plus Romo is a damned Faberge Egg

BisonTru
November 21st, 2016, 10:04 PM
Really? Why screw with the current mojo? Plus Romo is a damned Faberge Egg

I'm not much of a mojo guy. Play your best players, and IMO Romo's the better quarterback. That's not to take anything away from Dak. He has been impressive for a rookie, and I really liked him coming out of college as a sleeper. He's the FQB in Dallas, but with the team they have built Romo gives them the best chance to make and/or win a superbowl.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2016, 06:20 AM
That's not true at all

Really?

Maybe the 0-10 might be a little much but Dak has a great complimentary cast, CW does not.

How many dropped passes have the WRs had?

CW is not all-world but his supporting cast on offense is not good.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2016, 06:26 AM

IMO, leave Dak in. Romo is injury prone and why break up the momentum.

clenz
November 22nd, 2016, 07:06 AM
Really?

Maybe the 0-10 might be a little much but Dak has a great complimentary cast, CW does not.

How many dropped passes have the WRs had?

CW is not all-world but his supporting cast on offense is not good.
The Eagles aren't even close to 0-10 without Wentz.

Wins:
Week 1 vs the Browns - any QB wins that game. The Brows are atrocious

Week 2 @ Chicago - The Bears are atrocious, especially early in the season they were god awful

Week 3 vs Pittsburg - That game was as much a snowball of disaster by Pitt as it was anything Wentz did. Steelers ran fro 29 yards. Another QB still wins that game but that game was the epitome of a snowball game

Week 7 vs Minnesota - Wentz literally tried to give Minnesota the game. He had 4 turnovers. He was bailed out by Minnesota being better at being incompetent and playing a LT that hadn't played more than a handful of snaps in 2 or 3 years

Week 10 vs Atlanta - Wentz played alright but he certainly didn't do anything to "win" the game. 230 yards passing, zero TD, zero INT. They ran for 2 TD and had 3 FG.

Wentz is 19th in the NFL in passing yards, yet is 14th in attempts.
21st in passing TD
14th most INT
As for the OL? He's not even in the top half for times sacked.
25th in passer rating of QBs who actually play

Even insinuating that Wentz is the reason the Eagles are over .500, let alone have any wins, is just ****ing asinine.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2016, 07:45 AM
The Eagles aren't even close to 0-10 without Wentz.

Wins:
Week 1 vs the Browns - any QB wins that game. The Brows are atrocious

Week 2 @ Chicago - The Bears are atrocious, especially early in the season they were god awful

Week 3 vs Pittsburg - That game was as much a snowball of disaster by Pitt as it was anything Wentz did. Steelers ran fro 29 yards. Another QB still wins that game but that game was the epitome of a snowball game

Week 7 vs Minnesota - Wentz literally tried to give Minnesota the game. He had 4 turnovers. He was bailed out by Minnesota being better at being incompetent and playing a LT that hadn't played more than a handful of snaps in 2 or 3 years

Week 10 vs Atlanta - Wentz played alright but he certainly didn't do anything to "win" the game. 230 yards passing, zero TD, zero INT. They ran for 2 TD and had 3 FG.

Wentz is 19th in the NFL in passing yards, yet is 14th in attempts.
21st in passing TD
14th most INT
As for the OL? He's not even in the top half for times sacked.
25th in passer rating of QBs who actually play

Even insinuating that Wentz is the reason the Eagles are over .500, let alone have any wins, is just ****ing asinine.

Your opinion, good for you....xrolleyesx

CW has thrown for 2,339 yards (63%) with 11 TDs and 7 INTs. Like I said, he is not all-world but considering his offensive supporting cast, those stats are not too bad.

What is ****ing asinine is down playing the fact that he has been a very important part of their record.

clenz
November 22nd, 2016, 07:50 AM
Your opinion, good for you....xrolleyesx

CW has thrown for 2,339 yards (63%) with 11 TDs and 7 INTs. Like I said, he is not all-world but considering his offensive supporting cast, those stats are not too bad.

What is ****ing asinine is down playing the fact that he has been a very important part of their record.
What game do the Eagles lose if it's Bradford and not Wentz that they've won this year? Seriously, which one.

The one over the 19 point win over the winless Browns
The 15 point win over the 2 win Bears?
The 31 point win over Pittsburgh?
The 11 point win over Minnesota - in which he had 4 turnovers?
The 9 point win in which he didn't throw for a TD?

Opinions? An opinion is something like "The Eagles are winless without Wentz". Using facts to come to logical conclusions is "The 5 win Eagles team is still a 5 win Eagles team based on how Wentz had played if it's still Bradford in Philly"

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2016, 07:56 AM
What game do the Eagles lose if it's Bradford and not Wentz that they've won this year?

Opinions? An opinion is something like "The Eagles are winless without Wentz". Using facts to come to logical conclusions is "The 5 win Eagles team is still a 5 win Eagles team based on how Wentz had played if it's still Bradford in Philly"

Bradford with is very limited mobility? Philly probably has a worse record right now, IMO.....did you get that?.....In my opinion. Let that sink in for a bit.

xlolx

I can throw out any stat I want and draw any "logical" conclusion I want.....see how that works.

You put up stats and your conclusion is your opinion on the outcome with someone else that might have played. They could have done better or worse.

You bet, Bradford has more experience and more game savy but to say Philly would be better or worse is hypothetical. In my opinion, Philly's record now is probably better with CW at the helm compared to Bradford.

clenz
November 22nd, 2016, 08:34 AM
Bradford with is very limited mobility? Philly probably has a worse record right now, IMO.....did you get that?.....In my opinion. Let that sink in for a bit.

xlolx

I can throw out any stat I want and draw any "logical" conclusion I want.....see how that works.

You put up stats and your conclusion is your opinion on the outcome with someone else that might have played. They could have done better or worse.

You bet, Bradford has more experience and more game savy but to say Philly would be better or worse is hypothetical. In my opinion, Philly's record now is probably better with CW at the helm compared to Bradford.
Who does Philly lose too is Wentz isn't playing? Quit dancing around that question.

Oh, and Bradford has better numbers behind the worst offensive line in the league. The Vikings OL has started 4 different people at LT, lost two right tackles, 2 right guards and a center.

In less games Bradford is less than 200 yards behind Wentz, more touchdowns, only 2 INTs, a higher completion percent, a passer rating of 99.9.....oh, and he's done all of that while being sacked the 4th most times in the league and having a running game averaging 2.3 yards per carry.

Which win is a loss if Wentz isn't the QB?

The 19 point win over the winless Browns

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 22nd, 2016, 09:36 AM
This is fun keep going Stat boy.

Not dancing around squat. Philly could be better or worse with any other guy. I think he has brought them to their record because of his abilities in spite of the lack of offensive weapons, especially at WR.

Your transitive stats for Bradford holds no validity. Maybe Philly has a better record or worse one wirh Bradford. IMO, they would have a worse one with him. Did you catch that....In my opinion.

Do you want me to repeat that?

clenz
November 22nd, 2016, 09:40 AM

Bisonator
November 22nd, 2016, 09:56 AM
Carson hasn't played great the last 5-6 games but he isn't awful either. He's got the worst WR corp in the NFL and it's not even close. The oline has been decent but not great and the running game is inconsistent at best. Their defense is also inconsistent especially between home and away games. Tough to compare QB's on completely different teams. I'd definitely take Wentz over Bradford though all things being equal. Bradfords been in the league 7 years, he should have better stats compared to a rookie who has 10 career starts. Swap the WR corp and see who has better stats. Hoping the Eagles can get some more play makers on offense and a couple DB's next year.

clenz
November 22nd, 2016, 10:09 AM
Carson hasn't played great the last 5-6 games but he isn't awful either. He's got the worst WR corp in the NFL and it's not even close. The oline has been decent but not great and the running game is inconsistent at best. Their defense is also inconsistent especially between home and away games. Tough to compare QB's on completely different teams. I'd definitely take Wentz over Bradford though all things being equal. Bradfords been in the league 7 years, he should have better stats compared to a rookie who has 10 career starts. Swap the WR corp and see who has better stats. Hoping the Eagles can get some more play makers on offense and a couple DB's next year.
The WR corp?

You mean Adam Theilen, Cordarelle Patterson, Jarius Wright, Charles Johnson and Laquan Treadwell? Diggs is the only real WR threat on the Vikings roster.

I've never said Wentz was a bad QB. I just can't believe that a rookie QB with "meh" numbers is THE reason the Eagles have 5 wins.

Bisonator
November 22nd, 2016, 10:12 AM
The WR corp?

You mean Adam Theilen, Cordarelle Patterson, Jarius Wright, Charles Johnson and Laquan Treadwell? Diggs is the only real WR threat on the Vikings roster.
Still ten times better than anybody on Philly. At least they catch the ball once in awhile. xlolx

Bisonator
November 22nd, 2016, 10:15 AM
The WR corp?

I've never said Wentz was a bad QB. I just can't believe that a rookie QB with "meh" numbers is THE reason the Eagles have 5 wins.
Yeah wouldn't say that either. Philly's defense and special teams is a good reason they are 5-5 right now.

POD Knows
November 22nd, 2016, 11:05 AM
The WR corp?

Anyone of those Vikings guys you just mentioned is better than any receiver on the Iggles. I would take Theilen and Diggs all day long. Have you watched any Iggles games, their wide outs are beyond bad.

Bisonator
November 22nd, 2016, 11:43 AM
According to this: https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-receiving-corps/

which hasn't been updated since the season started, the Eagles were the 4th worst receiving corps in the NFL. The Vikes were 24th on this list. I think it's fair to say the Eagles are even worse now.

jmudukes
November 23rd, 2016, 04:23 PM
Still a QB that has led his team to a 5-5 record in one of the best leagues in the NFL (WHAT??!!)...in a normal year, 5-5 would have him near the top of the NFC East.

BisonBacker
November 25th, 2016, 11:34 AM

Sometimes you post some stupid **** and this is one of them. ****ing Bradford wouldn't have won that Pittsburg game. The scramble and pass to sproles is just one example from that game alone that Bradford doesn't make. Yeah Sammy B is just killing it in Minnesota isn't he?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Sometimes you post some stupid **** and this is one of them. ****ing Bradford wouldn't have won that Pittsburg game. The scramble and pass to sproles is just one example from that game alone that Bradford doesn't make. Yeah Sammy B is just killing it in Minnesota isn't he?

Nice throw on that last INT for Bradford....:D

clenz
November 25th, 2016, 08:16 PM

So Wentz makes a minimum of a 32 point swing in that game?

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Nice throw on that last INT for Bradford....:D

That first round pick for Philly keeps getting better and better.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2016, 06:28 AM
That first round pick for Philly keeps getting better and better.

The Eagles are tied for 5th in dropped passes so far: 4.8/game

FargoBison
November 28th, 2016, 01:47 AM
I wish Wentz was throwing to Diggs. That guy catches anything thrown his way and runs great routes.

Meanwhile in Philly Wentz is stuck throwing to Nelson Agholor who makes Troy Williamson look like Jerry fing Rice.

BisonBacker
November 28th, 2016, 12:09 PM
Great read.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18147502/how-qb-carson-wentz-won-philadelphia-eagles-teammates-being-less-perfect-nfl-2016

BisonBacker
November 29th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Doug Pederson is in over his head. I hope he doesn't ruin Carson's chance to do something in this league.

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2016, 09:09 AM
Pederson has F'd up the Eagles worse than Kelly did.

clenz
December 6th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Maybe part of the issue lies with Carson?

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Maybe part of the issue lies with Carson?

Absolutely it does. But he's regressed under Pederson. Hell putting a guy out there and having him pass 60+ times to that group of receivers and behind that patchwork line? Pederson himself has repeatedly said the Eagles need to have a more balanced attack and need to mix in the run more. That was a week after their previous loss where Carson threw 40+ times and Pederson said it was to much. Pederson is an idiot.

clenz
December 6th, 2016, 10:12 AM
Or...maybe Wentz needs to take action and stop saying there's nothing wrong with him. He repeatedly insists that the isn't doesn't belong with him at all.

“I don’t think it’s the mechanics,” Wentz said after Sunday’s loss. “You make mistakes. Things happen.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/theres-something-wrong-with-carson-wentzs-throwing-style-and-much-of-nfl-has-caught-on-011427565.html

Carson Wentz doesn’t believe he has issues with his throwing mechanics. Some NFL evaluators disagree.

That was the takeaway after the Philadelphia Eagles’ 32-14 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday, which featured a three-interception outing from Wentz and one of his worst performances of his rookie season. The quarterback has come back to earth after a stunning 3-0 start to the season. Now several personnel evaluators familiar with the Eagles and Wentz are pointing to a common thread, one that the quarterback and coaching staff may not share agreement.

That’s the common theme in the assessments of multiple NFL personnel evaluators who say Wentz is exhibiting some of the mechanical flaws that he illustrated prior to the NFL draft. And evaluators say they are manifesting in accuracy issues and the length of time it takes for Wentz to deliver the ball after making a decision.

Two issues in particular are sticking out to those who have viewed the rookie quarterback: a long-armed looping windup that needs to be more compact; and an awkward arm position in the middle of his throwing motion that is slowing down his delivery.

One NFC East source likened Wentz’s arm positioning to something from a baseball pitcher. Another evaluator said the rookie displayed “bountiful bad arm angles” during his throwing motion.

“[The] ball is dropped down, turned out, then looped back around,” one evaluator said. “With his long arms and that motion, very hard to be accurate. Especially on the move. … [The] inability to get the ball out quick and on time is key.”

The motion was also something that concerned the Cleveland Browns in their scouting evaluations of Wentz, prior to their trading of the No. 2 overall pick to the Eagles. A Browns source told Yahoo Sports Wentz’s motion was noted in draft evaluations – though he also maintained trading the No. 2 pick was more about netting draft picks than not liking Wentz.

[I]Interestingly, a league source told Yahoo Sports that restyling Wentz’s throwing motion was an important bullet point on the Eagles’ offseason docket, but that the team was able to make only marginal progress before the start of the regular season. According to the source, those efforts were spearheaded by Eagles head coach Doug Pederson and offensive coordinator Frank Reich, both former NFL quarterbacks.

Maybe it's all Pederson's fault that Wentz's motion has gotten significantly worse...near Tebow like, really. Another part of the article notes that on throws last weekend he was dropping the ball all the way to his waist, which they say he did in college also.

The Eagles need to work to fix it, but if Wentz isn't willing to admit it's a mechanical issue there may be no hope for any coaching staff to get his mechanics in line.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24033&stc=1
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24034&stc=1

BisonTru
December 6th, 2016, 11:28 AM
Pederson has F'd up the Eagles worse than Kelly did.

Woooooooooo..... Um............ no. Chip Kelly has now again just set back another franchise 5 years.

BisonTru
December 6th, 2016, 11:29 AM
For clenzy,

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/805865225517862913

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/806147430785785856

Bisonator
December 6th, 2016, 11:58 AM
There's no question Carson has regressed. His throwing motion has regressed a bit, little more loopy on his wind up/slower and lower release, I believe that has lead to more batted balls at the line. Most of his int's are because of his foot work, throwing off his back foot or not stepping into throws or toward his target leads to high or inaccurate throws. It's one of those things that recurs when he's under duress which he has been much of the last 10 games. He needs to keep working at it and the coaches will drill it into him over the off season. They had him dialed in at the beginning of the season so he is capable of adjusting but when you are getting pounded you tend to lose focus and fall back on old habits. A full off season will do wonders IMO. He also needs to be a bit more quicker with his decisions. Quite a few times against Cincy it looked like he second guessed himself or the receiver. Appeared ready to pull the trigger but hesitated a bit. Needs to trust his instincts and get the ball out quicker. That's why a lot of his throws are a bit behind the receiver on crossing routes. A lot of that has to do with the revolving personnel at WR/oline and experience. He proved he is more then capable when he has good personnel around him. Hopefully they can upgrade the roster in the offseason.

Best thing Philly's brass can do is get him oline and RB help.

clenz
December 6th, 2016, 12:02 PM
A lot of that has to do with the revolving personnel at WR/oline and experience. He proved he is more then capable when he has good personnel around him. Hopefully they can upgrade the roster in the offseason.

To be fair, very....very....few NFL caliber quarterbacks have proven they are capable with good personnel around them.

I don't disagree that the talent around him hasn't helped, but to ignore HIS regression and HIS refusal to acknowledge that is just homerism.

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Or...maybe Wentz needs to take action and stop saying there's nothing wrong with him. He repeatedly insists that the isn't doesn't belong with him at all.

Maybe it's all Pederson's fault that Wentz's motion has gotten significantly worse...near Tebow like, really. Another part of the article notes that on throws last weekend he was dropping the ball all the way to his waist, which they say he did in college also.

The Eagles need to work to fix it, but if Wentz isn't willing to admit it's a mechanical issue there may be no hope for any coaching staff to get his mechanics in line.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24033&stc=1
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24034&stc=1

If you can't figure out with a receiving corp like that you shouldn't be throwing it 60+ times a game there is no debating with you. Pederson is an idiot plain and simple. This year and next will prove it. That is if they give him that long.

clenz
December 6th, 2016, 12:14 PM
13 give aways, including 11 INT in 9 games isn't on Pederson.

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Like I said there is no debating with you. Carry on.

clenz
December 6th, 2016, 12:51 PM
I'm still waiting to hear what games Philly loses if Wentz doesn't play.

I'm not sure the issue in this debate is me.