PDA

View Full Version : GDT: #1 NDSU vs #9 Eastern Washington

Pages : 1 [2]

Twentysix
September 10th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Need UNI to make a comeback, the MVFC is 3-0 vs the bigsky so far this weekend.

Prime Power
September 10th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Hell of a game, I think alot of teams are breathing a sigh of relief that NDSU doesnt look invincible this season

Didn't look invincible last year either...lol

Bisonator
September 10th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Can't turn it over 3 times...on the road...with a pick 6, miss an extra point, and expect to win.

Nice to see we could compete, even without Kupp.

Hats off to the Bison. Hope to see you again this year.
You guys have a great offense. You're WR's and QB will win you a lot of games. Hope we get our issues fixed and can see you guys in the PO's!

Twentysix
September 10th, 2016, 06:50 PM
You guys have a great offense. You're WR's and QB will win you a lot of games. Hope we get our issues fixed and can see you guys in the PO's!

Good god, I hope we never play them again. I can't take any more of this overtime ****.

Bisonator
September 10th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Good god, I hope we never play them again. I can't take any more of this overtime ****.

LOL well I hope we are improved by then. Kind of like the rematch with Montana last year. You're right though these OT games are killers.

semobison
September 10th, 2016, 06:57 PM
Rushing 3 was not working the 2nd half. I thought after their 2nd series in the 3rd qtr we would adjust. Nope!

Bison56
September 10th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Rushing 3 was not working the 2nd half. I thought after their 2nd series in the 3rd qtr we would adjust. Nope!

I was also surprised that they didn't adjust.

Drblankstare
September 10th, 2016, 07:12 PM
I'm beat, I'm pretty sure the whole Fargodome was beat at the end. Glad I was there. Great job EWU

TheKingpin28
September 10th, 2016, 07:15 PM
As I said earlier, I am impressed by them and that offense was stout, even without Kupp. Hell of a game.

DJKyR0
September 10th, 2016, 07:31 PM
That beeping sound you hear is the dump truck of salt backing up to Screaming Eag's place.

Also, realizing how long it's been since I posted here...I'm two titles short in my signature. Better patch that up.

Bison56
September 10th, 2016, 07:33 PM
That beeping sound you hear is the dump truck of salt backing up to Screaming Eag's place.

The funniest thing is he isn't even a fan, he has never been to a EWU game.

IBleedYellow
September 10th, 2016, 07:33 PM
W.

Now I'm going to sleep. I'm over this OT stuff. Can we just win in regulation from here on out? Ugh.

Red & Black
September 10th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Can't turn it over 3 times...on the road...with a pick 6, miss an extra point, and expect to win.

Nice to see we could compete, even without Kupp.

Hats off to the Bison. Hope to see you again this year.

Agreed. 3 TO's isn't going to cut it, especially on the road. Nonetheless, it was a game we had a chance to win at the end.

I hope we get Kupp and the other guys back soon.

Red & Black
September 10th, 2016, 07:51 PM

Also, realizing how long it's been since I posted here...I'm two titles short in my signature. Better patch that up.

Not sure I'd be talking smack after you needed OT to win.

IBleedYellow
September 10th, 2016, 07:53 PM

We won't talk **** about anyone other than Screaming Eagle. And he deserves every personal attack that hits him.

DJKyR0
September 10th, 2016, 07:57 PM
We won't talk **** about anyone other than Screaming Eagle. And he deserves every personal attack that hits him.

What he said.

Red & Black
September 10th, 2016, 07:59 PM
I have much respect for NDSU but they wont win 6 if they don't improve over the season.

Ridiculous statement. NDSU was always going to be challenged by EWU's passing game.

Bisonator
September 10th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Ridiculous statement. NDSU was always going to be challenged by EWU's passing game.

Probably true but we are far from championship quality at this point.

DJKyR0
September 10th, 2016, 08:02 PM
I have much respect for NDSU but they wont win 6 if they don't improve over the season.
Well we won 2 already with arguably the toughest first two games in the FCS, so clearly we have something going for us.

veinup
September 10th, 2016, 08:16 PM
what happened to cooper?

FargoBison
September 10th, 2016, 08:18 PM

Yep, most of EWU's fans are classy but screeching beagle deserves everything he gets thrown at him.

IBleedYellow
September 10th, 2016, 08:22 PM
what happened to cooper?
EWU tried a double reverse with Kupp as the QB and he got slammed down hard on his right shoulder.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

veinup
September 10th, 2016, 08:29 PM
EWU tried a double reverse with Kupp as the QB and he got slammed down hard on his right shoulder.

damn, that blows. hope it isn't serious and he's back next weekend.

Bisonator
September 10th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Sounded like it was a sprain shoulder.

IBleedYellow
September 10th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Agreed.

But the play it happened on i told my wife that Kupp can't take hits like that if he wants to play.

Well he didn't play more than 2 more snaps.

Southern Bison
September 10th, 2016, 08:41 PM
Congrats to the bison. The refs helped them eek one out.

The majority of bison fans are still huge, gaping ****s, as expected. SouthernBison will be getting company soon.
I'll send you a set of kneepads so that you can honor your Mom as you finance your cross-country trip by blow-jobbing your way east.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bisonator
September 10th, 2016, 08:44 PM
I'll send you a set of kneepads so that you can honor your Mom as you finance your cross-country trip by blow-jobbing your way east.

Why don't you guys take your **** to pm's? He's obviously begging for attention and you clowns keep giving it to him so not sure which is worse.

BisonTru
September 10th, 2016, 09:06 PM
A couple thoughts

Gub's impressive at feeling the pressure and finding open real estate to buy time or run. I wasn't really impressed with his arm or accuracy, but he surveys the field well. EWU's WR corp caught almost every ball including 50/50 balls. That's a great WR group even without Kupp.

On defense I was impressed with the Eagles D-line. They seemed to have a deep rotation of guys and they didn't seem to wear down at least not to the level I expected with the amount of plays they had to defend.

Congrats Eagles on the close game. I think many of us including myself and possibly even some Eagles fans didn't expect this close of a game.

Da Herd
September 10th, 2016, 09:07 PM
Well we won 2 already with arguably the toughest first two games in the FCS, so clearly we have something going for us.

Tougher than Washington state and NDSU?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 10th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Congrats to the bison. The refs helped them eek one out.

The majority of bison fans are still huge, gaping ****s, as expected. SouthernBison will be getting company soon.

xlolx

You're the biggest pu**y trolling this board!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 10th, 2016, 09:17 PM
Why don't you guys take your **** to pm's? He's obviously begging for attention and you clowns keep giving it to him so not sure which is worse.

And you're even worse with your peanut gallery comments.....

Red & Black
September 10th, 2016, 09:17 PM
what happened to cooper?

He didn't play in the second half. Someone on our board said he's got a dislocated shoulder. I'm not sure if that's correct, or how long he will be out. That's a tough loss, but we do have some other guys that are pretty good and hopefully he'll be back in a few weeks, or sooner.

Personally, I think they tried to do way too much with Cooper in this game. We tried the same play twice (reverse to Cooper with a run/pass option) and all it did was leave him exposed to a couple of big hits. I don't know how much it would have changed the game if he had been able to play in the second half, but it does make me wonder. Similar to the UNI game last year, we were without our biggest weapon on offense.

Bison56
September 10th, 2016, 09:23 PM
He didn't play in the second half. Someone on our board said he's got a dislocated shoulder. I'm not sure if that's correct, or how long he will be out. That's a tough loss, but we do have some other guys that are pretty good and hopefully he'll be back in a few weeks, or sooner.

Personally, I think they tried to do way too much with Cooper in this game. We tried the same play twice (reverse to Cooper with a run/pass option) and all it did was leave him exposed to a couple of big hits. I don't know how much it would have changed the game if he had been able to play in the second half, but it does make me wonder. Similar to the UNI game last year, we were without our biggest weapon on offense.

I heard it was a sprain, but that's not official.
You guys have a ton of talent at WR, it was crazy how they came up with some of those catches.

Lehigh'98
September 10th, 2016, 09:25 PM
When was the last time a team dropped over 40 on NDSu at their place?

Bisonator
September 10th, 2016, 09:25 PM
And you're even worse with your peanut gallery comments.....
another clown chimes inxlolx

Bisonator
September 10th, 2016, 09:27 PM
UNI in 2009.xbawlingx

BisonTru
September 10th, 2016, 09:30 PM

I don't think it's happened since we moved up. SHSU I think is the only one to break 40, and they did it at their place.

Edit: Never mind forgot about UNI.

IBleedYellow
September 10th, 2016, 09:30 PM
It doesn't happen often. And it sucks.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 10th, 2016, 09:31 PM
another clown chimes inxlolx

The only clown is the dip**** you see in the mirror.....xbawlingx

mgbison
September 10th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Good game eags. Definitely a team I would like to see on the other side of the bracket come November.

DJKyR0
September 10th, 2016, 09:42 PM
That's really too bad about Kupp. I admit I came in thinking that he'd sputter against a real defense, but he was the smoothest WR we've ever played against (including Tyler Lockett a few years back). Really looking forward to seeing him play on Sundays.

semobison
September 10th, 2016, 09:46 PM

Most points scored on a Bison defense in Fargo since USD in 1955! We lost that one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 10th, 2016, 09:48 PM

Edit: Uncalled for by me.

Apology

Bisonator
September 10th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Edit: Uncalled for by me.

Apology
we're good. Sorry for the clown comment.xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
September 10th, 2016, 10:20 PM

troll

Bisonoline
September 10th, 2016, 10:45 PM

Thats gotta be one of the stupidest retorts Ive seen in a long time. Well done sparky.

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2016, 10:46 PM
That's really too bad about Kupp. I admit I came in thinking that he'd sputter against a real defense, but he was the smoothest WR we've ever played against (including Tyler Lockett a few years back). Really looking forward to seeing him play on Sundays.

North Dakota state doesn't have a real defense this year.

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2016, 10:50 PM
I've also never seen an offensive gameplan that is based almost completely around illegal action. Purposeful cut blocks that appeared to be designed. And the so many of the routes are designed pick plays. Pretty sad from a 5 time defending champ. I don't care how much your roster talent is declining, play within the rules.

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2016, 10:52 PM
Pretty indictative of their decline in talent was their defensive gameplan. Rush 3 and drop 8 most of the game. Pretty cowardly.

PantherRob82
September 10th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Pretty indictative of their decline in talent was their defensive gameplan. Rush 3 and drop 8 most of the game. Pretty cowardly.

Well we can't all be brave and schedule Shorter and Presbyterian for our first 2 games.

Bison56
September 10th, 2016, 11:00 PM
Someone's shift at Subway is over I see.

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2016, 11:01 PM
Well we can't all be brave and schedule Shorter and Presbyterian for our first 2 games.

They were so brave scheduling a no-talent Charleston southern program and an eastern washington program that is good at literally one aspect of the game. The games went to overtime because NDSU sucks, they thought they had blowout wins when they scheduled those games.

BisonTru
September 10th, 2016, 11:03 PM

Don't leave out their epic battle with Mars Hill last year.

PantherRob82
September 10th, 2016, 11:04 PM
They were so brave scheduling a no-talent Charleston southern program and an eastern washington program that is good at literally one aspect of the game. The games went to overtime because NDSU sucks, they thought they had blowout wins when they scheduled those games.

xcoffeex xrolleyesx

gsf23nd
September 10th, 2016, 11:40 PM

hope this guy doesn't have a vote...

BurleighBison
September 10th, 2016, 11:50 PM
Eastern had some crazy talent on offense which was expected. I didn't expect their d-line to get the penetration and disrupt our offense like they did; hat's off to E. Washington and a excellent effort. Officiating was embarrassing for all parties involved.

Southern Bison
September 11th, 2016, 12:33 AM
Both teams are ranked higher (#6 & #9) or even with your team...STFU!

Sucks when that acronym is thrown back at ya, doesn't it?

(UTC is #12 in my vote & definitely moving downward)

dudeitsaid
September 11th, 2016, 12:39 AM

Your football acumen is so strong, you should do color commentary on a professional level...on comedy central.

Southern Bison
September 11th, 2016, 12:47 AM
we're good. Sorry for the clown comment.xthumbsupx
I stand by my posts...I'll accept your apology in person at a tailgate.

You know damn well that SE174 is a trolling little bitch that only shows up when his team is "good" and needs to be put back in his place.

Southern Bison
September 11th, 2016, 12:48 AM
Your football acumen is so strong, you should do color commentary on a professional level...on comedy central.
You & Kalm have my respect on this board & congrats to the two of you on a well-fought game by your team.

Professor Chaos
September 11th, 2016, 01:44 AM
Much respect to Gubrud, that kid is a player. He's tough to sack/contain and sees the field amazingly well which is a dangerous combo. Those receivers are fantastic as well, they attack the ball in the air and if they got their hands on it they were almost always catching it. They abused NDSU's secondary worse than even Montana did last year.

Please no more OT games for a while Bison, they are far too exhausting.

clawman
September 11th, 2016, 06:38 AM
Officials uniforms in the Fargodome
http://cdn3.volusion.com/wcjrz.nkudk/v/vspfiles/photos/GBA-03-2.jpg?1380276930

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 06:55 AM
Much respect to Gubrud, that kid is a player. He's tough to sack/contain and sees the field amazingly well which is a dangerous combo. Those receivers are fantastic as well, they attack the ball in the air and if they got their hands on it they were almost always catching it. They abused NDSU's secondary worse than even Montana did last year.

Please no more OT games for a while Bison, they are far too exhausting.

Agree...I was mentally shot after the game....xnutsx

Hopefully the coaches learn from this also. They tried to reinvent the wheel defensively and it was a failure to say the least.

Gubrud is very good and their WR corp was impressive.

Gil Dobie
September 11th, 2016, 07:39 AM

Do you have anything to back that up? Officials were bad on both sides of the ball.

Penalties

EWU 9-67
NDSU 13-137

IBleedYellow
September 11th, 2016, 07:46 AM

Let it be known that THIS is roughing the passer. Yes - NDSU was flagged for roughing the passer ON THIS PLAY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsCr1lKVYAAJB0r.jpg

POD Knows
September 11th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Good game eags. Definitely a team I would like to see on the other side of the bracket come November.

This X1000 although if we end up against them, I doubt that we see the Bison running a 3-3-5 D again but who knows.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 07:50 AM
This X1000 although if we end up against them, I doubt that we see the Bison running a 3-3-5 D again but who knows.

I doubt it. The 4 man fronts got pressure on Gubrub but they still ran that 3 man front crap. Gubrub had all day to pass with only 3 rushers.

IMO, stay in the base Tampa-2 and take PGT out. He got abused by the slot WR all game.....they should have adjusted and put a DB in his place.

The coaches will learn and improve....................hopefully. Plus this team is very young....they will get better.

POD Knows
September 11th, 2016, 07:52 AM

Another clueless tool.

dewey
September 11th, 2016, 07:53 AM
Let it be known that THIS is roughing the passer. Yes - NDSU was flagged for roughing the passer ON THIS PLAY.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsCr1lKVYAAJB0r.jpg

It was roughing the passer for a hit below the waist. Menard spun and slipped/was falling down before he hit Gubrud. It is still a questionable call.

Luke others have said Gubrud was really impressive. His ability to move in the pocket to avoid the rush, stand in there before getting hit, scramble while keeping his eyes down field was amazing.

The EWU receivers were very impressive in that they always seemed to make the catch even when double covered. They did a great job attacking the ball in the air.

Big props to EWU. Great game Eagles.

Have the Oregon coaches already contacted Gubrud for next year?

Dewey

Gil Dobie
September 11th, 2016, 07:54 AM
North Dakota state doesn't have a real defense this year.

Bashing NDSU and EWU, did you even go to school at UTC? You are no Southern Gentleman, Sir.

POD Knows
September 11th, 2016, 07:55 AM
I doubt it. The 4 man fronts got pressure on Gubrub but they still ran that 3 man front crap. Gubrub had all day to pass with only 3 rushers.

IMO, stay in the base Tampa-2 and take PGT out. He got abused by the slot WR all game.....they should have adjusted and put a DB in his place.

The coaches will learn and improve....................hopefully. Plus this team is very young....they will get better.

I would agree with this, run a 4-2-5 and see what happens. Where did EWU get all those receivers, hell, I am not even so sure that Kupp is the best receiver on the team. They had a couple drops early but looked great for most of the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 07:57 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Plus Menard was being held a ton. It was interesting on the sideline hearing their OL coach telling the OL how to hold Menard to take him out of the play. My seat is right behind the visitors bench. Must be a "gray" area with how OL use their hands in blocking pass rushers....must have worked for them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 07:59 AM
I would agree with this, run a 4-2-5 and see what happens. Where did EWU get all those receivers, hell, I am not even so sure that Kupp is the best receiver on the team. They had a couple drops early but looked great for most of the game.

Ya, kudos to the EWU WR corp....they are really good.

I would grade the players effort at an A but our defensive coaches' game plan and lack of adjustments = F......IMO of course.

IBleedYellow
September 11th, 2016, 08:02 AM
It was roughing the passer for a hit below the waist. Menard spun and slipped/was falling down before he hit Gubrud. It is still a questionable call.

Luke others have said Gubrud was really impressive. His ability to move in the pocket to avoid the rush, stand in there before getting hit, scramble while keeping his eyes down field was amazing.

The EWU receivers were very impressive in that they always seemed to make the catch even when double covered. They did a great job attacking the ball in the air.

Big props to EWU. Great game Eagles.

Have the Oregon coaches already contacted Gubrud for next year?

Dewey

You kidding me Dewey?

He didn't attack his knees, wasn't unabated to the QB, made a typical football tackle...shoot, the only reason he tackled that low was because the O-lineman pushed him low on his way to the QB.

That's not roughing the passer.

POD Knows
September 11th, 2016, 08:03 AM
Ya, kudos to the EWU WR corp....they are really good.

I would grade the players effort at an A but our defensive coaches' game plan and lack of adjustments = F......IMO of course.

The Bison basically tried to play a prevent D the whole game and it doesn't work. I actually thought that in the second half maybe they would stay with the 3 down and send a LB on every play but that didn't happen. For the most part, our D coaches do a great job but they would get low marks from me here as well. This doesn't diminish how good EWU is on offense, they are pretty tough to scheme against.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 08:05 AM
You kidding me Dewey?

He didn't attack his knees, wasn't unabated to the QB, made a typical football tackle...shoot, the only reason he tackled that low was because the O-lineman pushed him low on his way to the QB.

Plus, didn't they throw that flag late? I know they did on Grimsley's hit. Seems like they had to digest if they were going to throw flags then did.

Poor refs for both teams.

dewey
September 11th, 2016, 08:06 AM
You kidding me Dewey?

I am just stating that the referee called it roughing the passer for a hit below the waist? I do not agree with the call just stating it wasn't a typical late hit type of roughing the passer. Still a bad call.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 08:09 AM
The Bison basically tried to play a prevent D the whole game and it doesn't work. I actually thought that in the second half maybe they would stay with the 3 down and send a LB on every play but that didn't happen. For the most part, our D coaches do a great job but they would get low marks from me here as well. This doesn't diminish how good EWU is on offense, they are pretty tough to scheme against.

Agree, EWU's offense is tough as nails in the passing game. Tough to defend though when there is no pressure. Bad prep on the coaches.

But they are 2-0 against some tough competition.

Iowa will be a better defensive match up but the Bison better be ready to get tested by the pass again. Iowa is no slouch.....plus they can run.

I'm looking forward to watching this game in Kinnick.

Drblankstare
September 11th, 2016, 08:18 AM
It's going to be easy to say NDSU didn't play good defense and that was true at times during the game. What's also true is that there were many plays they were beaten by absolutely perfect passes. You have to just shake your head and tip your cap to EWU's offense, they were as advertised.

FargoBison
September 11th, 2016, 08:19 AM
I am just stating that the referee called it roughing the passer for a hit below the waist? I do not agree with the call just stating it wasn't a typical late hit type of roughing the passer. Still a bad call.

Dewey

It needs to be a hit at/below the knee

4. LOW HITS ON THE PASSER ARE CLARIFIED (RULE 9-1-9B)

The reason hits on kickers and passers are specifically called out in the rules? The defenseless nature of their positions. It's particularly complicated with passers, as they are often surrounded by eager defenders or being chased across the field.

Last year, the NCAA made it illegal to hit on or below the knee of a player in control of the ball and in a "passing posture" (the rules avoid the term "quarterback" because, particularly in college, you never know who might attempt a pass). There were exceptions to that rule, including the tackler appearing to make a bona fide attempt at a "conventional tackle."

This year, the words "without making forcible contact with the head or shoulder" were added to the "conventional tackle" exception, to make crystal clear that if a defender is coming in at the knee head- or shoulder-first, he should be flagged. So when you watch the instant replay of these fouls, watch for the contact of that head or shoulder "in the knee area or below" of the passer.

http://www.sbnation.com/a/college-football-preview-2016/ncaa-football-rules-new-2016

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 08:24 AM
It's going to be easy to say NDSU didn't play good defense and that was true at times during the game. What's also true is that there were many plays they were beaten by absolutely perfect passes. You have to just shake your head and tip your cap to EWU's offense, they were as advertised.

True and hats off to EWU but it is still frustrating watching the coaches try to reinvent the wheel with the defense for this one game and it almost lost it for them.

On to Iowa.

JSUSoutherner
September 11th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Ok, so I didn't watch the game and don't feel like digging through 34 pages.

Can someone give me the Cliffnotes on this game?

Why is NDSU being played so close and whatnot? How did Eastern look? All that jazz.

kalm
September 11th, 2016, 09:36 AM
The roughing call was bad but it might have been one of several make up calls after we got jobbed. Neither team owns exclusive rights to the officiating excuse in this one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 09:39 AM

Why is NDSU being played so close and whatnot? How did Eastern look? All that jazz.

Cliffnotes?

Game was a track meet.

EWU's passing game is the real deal. Gubrud (QB) is very good.

EWU's WR corp is deep and talented.

NDSU's offense was balanced pass/run.

Poor refs for both teams. Bison had 13 penalties.

Very good game

Professor Chaos
September 11th, 2016, 09:48 AM

I thought the worst thing about that 3 man front was that it allowed Gubrud to escape the pocket because there were so many lanes for him to slip through to buy more time. I'm usually not one to criticize coaches too much because I think they're much smarter than I am but I'm with you on this one. They waited way too long to go to the 4 man front and do a little blitzing. Even when they did that though the DEs got in trouble by trying to cut inside and lost contain on Gubrud. When they started being more disciplined and collapsed the pocket around him is when they had much more success with the pass rush.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2016, 09:54 AM
I thought the worst thing about that 3 man front was that it allowed Gubrud to escape the pocket because there were so many lanes for him to slip through to buy more time. I'm usually not one to criticize coaches too much because I think they're much smarter than I am but I'm with you on this one. They waited way too long to go to the 4 man front and do a little blitzing. Even when they did that though the DEs got in trouble by trying to cut inside and lost contain on Gubrud. When they started being more disciplined and collapsed the pocket around him is when they had much more success with the pass rush.

No argument from me.

The coaches tried to reinvent the wheel defensively this game and I wonder why???? Make EWU adjust to the base defense of the Bison. Bring pressure and disrupt Gubrud.

Well, hopefully they learn from this and do not repeat the same thing. I think most all FCS teams would struggle defending EWU.

kalm
September 11th, 2016, 09:56 AM
No argument from me.

The coaches tried to reinvent the wheel defensively this game and I wonder why???? Make EWU adjust to the base defense of the Bison. Bring pressure and disrupt Gubrud.

Well, hopefully they learn from this and do not repeat the same thing. I think most all FCS teams would struggle defending EWU.

Good points from both of you here. Gage did most of his damage against WSU running up the middle. He got very little against you which is a credit to your DE's and LB's. Very fast and solid tacklers.

DJKyR0
September 11th, 2016, 11:12 AM

As to why NDSU is being played so close, the reality is we've played two really good teams (even if CSU's roster is depleted). Combo that with a young secondary and the fact that Gubrud looked like a QB demigod yesterday and hey, sometimes **** happens. I don't expect this to be typical of the team this year, but I think we're seeing the needle of expectations start to swing back slightly to the offensive side of the football. For years now the defense has been so dominant that the offense has just had to not jack it up and we're good. Now, the defense has regressed to "above-average to good" and the offense will need to push the ball downfield. Honestly I was very pleasantly surprised at how well we moved the ball yesterday, even if we expected it vs. EWU. Stick is the real deal, even if he does make some costly mistakes at times.