PDA

View Full Version : Mr. C's Opening Saturday Live Thread

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 02:23 PM
As we started last season, Mr. C is in College Sports Journal Football Central with a bank of 21 iMacs to keep track of all of the FCS action (and a few Group of Five games as well) on this Labor Day weekend. Feel free to ask questions, make comments, or put in your input of games you are watching in person, or following on any other media.

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2016, 02:25 PM
Biggest shock of the season for you so far?

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 02:31 PM
Indiana State has been living dangerously against Butler in the first period. ISU's rookie QB fumbled his first snap of the season inside the 10-yard line and the Sycamores were lucky to avoid disaster.

On Butler's second drive, the Bulldogs drove to the one, only to have ISU turn things around with a 99-yard fumble return for a TD. 7-0 Sycamores about five minutes in.

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2016, 02:33 PM
Indiana State has been living dangerously against Butler in the first period. ISU's rookie QB fumbled his first snap of the season inside the 10-yard line and the Sycamores were lucky to avoid disaster.

On Butler's second drive, the Bulldogs drove to the one, only to have ISU turn things around with a 99-yard fumble return for a TD. 7-0 Sycamores about five minutes in.

That play was very shocking. What do you make of this Nova-Pitt game so far? Nova started well, but I'm not sure what to make of them now.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 02:36 PM
Biggest shock of the season for you so far?
Don't know if I would call it a shock, but a great win for Albany to collect its first FBS scalp by beating Buffalo.

Still trying to figure out how No. 9 Tennessee escaped with a win against Appalachian State in the game I covered live on Thursday night. Talk about a fluky victory — winning on a recovered fumble in the end zone in overtime for the Vols' only lead of the game.

Wish that Maine and Montana State had held on for FBS wins. Tough when you get that close and come up short.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 02:38 PM
That play was very shocking. What do you make of this Nova-Pitt game so far? Nova started well, but I'm not sure what to make of them now.
Villanova has been struggling a bit with Pitts pressure, but 14-0 isn't too much to overcome. The Cats held Pitt scoreless in the first period and an interception set up Pitt's first TD. Pitt also missed a mid-range FG. Nova's defense is as good as advertised.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 02:40 PM
Some quick thoughts so far on today and games from Thursday and Friday:

Impressed with how Eastern Kentucky came back against Purdue after trailing 21-0 in the first quarter. It was 28-18 into the fourth quarter before Purdue's 22 extra scholarships kicked in. Now 45-24 in the final minute.

Potential huge loss for Charleston Southern in its 57-7 win over Kentucky State as QB Kyle Copeland was carted off with what looked like a bad knee injury.

Furman had a shockingly good performance in its 28-13 loss to heavyweight Michigan State after some dumb writer used the game preview to say that matchup is why the B1G is correct in banning FCS games.

BTW, you can follow me on a variety of subjects on Twitter @DavidCoulsonFCS

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 02:41 PM
Indiana State drives the length of the field to score again, including a gutsy fourth-down conversion to expand its lead over Butler.

- - - Updated - - -

Pitt scored early in the third period to go ahead of Villanova, 21-0.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 02:49 PM
Butler had a 127-46 advantage in offense against Indiana State in the first period, but trails 14-0.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 02:51 PM
Nova with a score against Pitt as Rob Rolle returns a fumble three yards for the TD. 21-7 Pitt early in the third period.

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2016, 02:53 PM
Richmond up 6-0 on Virginia. Looking good so far.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 02:55 PM
Gripes on the first full weekend of play:

Why are so many school TV broadcasters so bad?

Why can't writers and broadcasters give the little guys the proper respect when they play competitively against the big boys?

Why can't my Yahoo Sports Ap give me basic stats, scoring summaries and play-by-play of FCS games. It isn't that difficult these days.

Why does ESPN3 make you sign in to watch certain games in these modern days? Audience is audience, no matter what format you are watching on.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 02:58 PM
Richmond up 6-0 on Virginia. Looking good so far.
Opening game for a new staff at Virginia (including old friend Ruffin McNeill as the DC), going up against potentially one of the top teams in FCS. Bad time for the Cavs to play the Spiders. Having watched Richmond take out Duke in season openers in the past, this one wouldn't surprise me as a FCS win.

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2016, 03:01 PM
Gripes on the first full weekend of play:

Why are so many school TV broadcasters so bad?

Why can't writers and broadcasters give the little guys the proper respect when they play competitively against the big boys?

Why can't my Yahoo Sports Ap give me basic stats, scoring summaries and play-by-play of FCS games. It isn't that difficult these days.

Indiana State broadcast is awful. Switched audio to Virginia-Richmond

- - - Updated - - -

Big strip and recovery inside their own 5 for Richmond. Then they had a deep ball if not for a great play by the Cav DB

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:02 PM
Holy Cross has come back from a poor start to go ahead of Morgan State 30-17 at the half. The Crusaders have their best QB since the great Dominic Randolph.

- - - Updated - - -

Indiana State broadcast is awful. Switched audio to Virginia-Richmond

- - - Updated - - -

Big strip and recovery inside their own 5 for Richmond. Then they had a deep ball if not for a great play by the Cav DB
Wish ESPN3 would let me watch it.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:05 PM
Can get the Johnson C. Smith vs Wingate broadcast, though.

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2016, 03:06 PM
Holy Cross has come back from a poor start to go ahead of Morgan State 30-17 at the half. The Crusaders have their best QB since the great Dominic Randolph.

- - - Updated - - -

Wish ESPN3 would let me watch it.

Blackout?

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:07 PM
Robert Turner Jr. can't stay in bounds as an Indiana State TD is wiped out.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:09 PM
Blackout?
Have to have your TV cable or satellite provider info. Don't have either where I live in the Boonies.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:10 PM
Indiana State settles for a field goal. 17-0 over Butler in the second period really isn't reflective of the Bulldogs' play.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:14 PM
First Saturday in years where I haven't been in a press box somewhere on Labor Day weekend. There just were not any good games nearby to travel to today in FCS. It has probably been over 20 years for that. I usually attend three or four games on the opening weekend. Have to wonder how many games certain other "experts" attend during a season. Those folks know who I am talking about.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:16 PM
Was surprised that Lehigh fell at home to Monmouth 23-21. A loss to Monmouth does not bode well for those Engineering Mountain Hawks.

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2016, 03:18 PM
First Saturday in years where I haven't been in a press box somewhere on Labor Day weekend. There just were not any good games nearby to travel to today in FCS. It has probably been over 20 years for that. I usually attend three or four games on the opening weekend. Have to wonder how many games certain other "experts" attend during a season. Those folks know who I am talking about.

Were you in Knoxville Thursday night?

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:22 PM
Butler's QB Malcomb Weaver made a great late upfield pitch on the option and the Indiana State color commentator called it a "Flea Flicker".

Weaver has driven the Bulldogs for a Davonte Lane TD run. ISU 17-6 over Butler with about three minutes left in the half. Bad snap led to a missed PAT.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:24 PM
Were you in Knoxville Thursday night?
Yep. Great atmosphere. Mountaineers totally outplayed the Vols. Deserved the win and would have had it if not for a freshman kicker (missed FG and PAT) and some Tennessee luck.

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2016, 03:27 PM
Butler's QB Malcomb Weaver made a great late upfield pitch on the option and the Indiana State color commentator called it a "Flea Flicker".

Weaver has driven the Bulldogs for a Davonte Lane TD run. ISU 17-6 over Butler with about three minutes left in the half. Bad snap led to a missed PAT.

Those "kids" have no clue.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Great atmosphere. Mountaineers totally outplayed the Vols. Deserved the win and would have had it if not for a freshman kicker (missed FG and PAT) and some Tennessee luck.

Packed house? Best place I've seen a game. We went to Montana's game there a few years ago.

Are you watching ACU-Air Force?

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:31 PM
Those "kids" have no clue.

- - - Updated - - -

Packed house? Best place I've seen a game. We went to Montana's game there a few years ago.

Are you watching ACU-Air Force?

A little under capacity with 100,000 in attendance. I was at the Montana-Tennessee game in 2011, too. Big thunderstorm/lightning storm before that one delayed the game by an hour or so.

Here are some links on my Thursday coverage:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/trip-to-neyland-stadium-evokes-memories/

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/appalachian-is-a-bounce-away-from-upset-of-tennessee-in-ot-loss/

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/appalachian-state-like-tennessee-enter-opening-weekend-with-bigger-picture-in-mind/

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:33 PM
Halftime from Indiana State, Trees 17, Dawgs 6. Butler kind of outplayed ISU between the 20s.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:34 PM
Pitt 28, Villanova 7 midway through the fourth quarter.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:35 PM
Danny Rocco and Richmond winning the battle with Virginia 13-7 midway through the second period.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:39 PM
Is the ISU crew students? Considering I teach quite a few broadcast students at Appalachian State, I would be embarrassed if they were my kids.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:40 PM
On the question of Air Force-Abilene Christian, I don't have a link for that one, but it looks like a great effort by ACU, trailing only 28-14 at the end of the third period.

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2016, 03:43 PM
Is the ISU crew students? Considering I teach quite a few broadcast students at Appalachian State, I would be embarrassed if they were my kids.

On the question of Air Force-Abilene Christian, I don't have a link for that one, but it looks like a great effort by ACU, trailing only 28-14 at the end of the third period.

It has to be. Most MVFC broadcasts are not this bad.

I'm shocked ACU is keeping it that close.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:58 PM
ISU broadcasters talked about the Sycamores dominating play with a 17-yard offensive advantage. Horrible ...

Butler with a big fumble recovery early in the third quarter at the Tree 35.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 03:59 PM
Richmond got to the UVa 22 at the end of the first half, but ran out of time. 16-7 Spiders at the half.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 04:01 PM
Really bad spot costs Butler a first down near the ISU 25 on fourth down.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 04:03 PM
Pitt beats Villanova 28-7.

Air Force now up 37-14 with about five minutes left in the fourth.

In a snooze-fest at Elon, the Phoenix are tied 3-3 at the half against Gardner-Webb.

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2016, 04:04 PM

In a snooze-fest at Elon, the Phoenix are tied 3-3 at the half against Gardner-Webb.

Rain issues at Elon?

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 04:06 PM

Glad I decided to skip that Elon vs Gardner-Webb contest today.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 04:07 PM
TD pass for Indiana State after Butler got screwed by the officials. 24-7 in the third.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 04:08 PM
Rain issues at Elon?
Not sure, but don't think so.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 07:37 PM
Currently watching 11 different games.

Impressed with Towson vs South Florida, even though the Tigers trail 21-10 near halftime.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 07:40 PM
Missed sack by Towson is turned into six for South Florida, 28-10 near the half.

ElCid
September 3rd, 2016, 07:47 PM
Not sure, but don't think so.

I watched most of it. No issue with weather.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 07:48 PM
VMI scored to pull within 19-17 with a 98-yard drive and under six minutes left in the third period. That one is surprising me.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 07:49 PM
A lot of really bad teams playing on TV right now, Austin Peay, Savannah State, SE Missouri, Rhode Island ...

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 07:51 PM
Lamar looking good with a 7-3 lead over lame duck Coastal Carolina. Still think that CCU's move to the Sun Belt is one of the dumbest ones in recent years (not as bad as Georgia State, though).

- - - Updated - - -

Donald Payne and Stetson looking good with a 14-6 lead over Sacred Heart.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:04 PM
The one game I wanted to watch tonight I cannot access is UNI vs Iowa State. Panthers trail 7-0 in second period but are threatening.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:05 PM
Upset alert that we do not like to see for FCS schools. Drake is trailing Quincy 28-21 at the half.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:07 PM
Georgia Southern destroyed Savannah State 54-0. Really bad game.

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2016, 08:08 PM
http://wpc.b63f.edgecastcdn.net/00B6...lones-tv3.html (http://wpc.b63f.edgecastcdn.net/00B63F/cyclones-tv3.html)

UNI-ISU posted for free by ISU

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:08 PM
VMI hanging with Akron. The Keydets kicked a field goal to cut it to 26-20, but a running into the kicker penalty gives the Roos a first down and they take the points off the scoreboard.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:10 PM
TD for VMI makes it a good decision with the scoring pass making it 26-24 near the end of the third period.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:17 PM
http://wpc.b63f.edgecastcdn.net/00B6...lones-tv3.html (http://wpc.b63f.edgecastcdn.net/00B63F/cyclones-tv3.html)

UNI-ISU posted for free by ISU
Much thanks

UNI has tied it 7-7 midway through the second period and is on the move again.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:19 PM
Barnburner in Akron as the Zips score again to go ahead of VMI 33-24 in the fourth.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:22 PM
Troy finishes off Austin Peay 57-17

- - - Updated - - -

Iowa State stops UNI with a fumble recovery at midfield. 4:38 left in the half

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:23 PM
Hard to evaluate Illinois State tonight. The Redbirds look good with a 40-10 lead, but it is against Valparaiso, one of the worst teams historically in FCS.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:25 PM
Iowa State converts the UNI turnover into points to lead 13-7. High snap leads to missed PAT.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:26 PM
After a fourth-down fake comes up short for VMI in Keydet territory, Akron scores another quick TD and leads 40-24.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:29 PM
Matt Viator's debut in his move from McNeese State to Louisiana-Monroe has not been great. Southern is playing tough, down 24-12 late in the third period.

Why would anyone want to move their family from Lake Charles to Monroe (the smelliest town in America)?

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:31 PM
Southern blows an opportunity with a first and 10 at the ULM 11, but gets a FG to cut the lead to 24-15.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:35 PM
Safety for UNI on a big Mark Farley-styled blitz makes it 13-9 ISU with 1:23 left in the half. Panthers should get good field position on the free kick.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:38 PM
ULM looking like McNeese State on offense and scores again to make it 31-15 over Southern early in the fourth.

VMI's defense is wearing out against Akron. Zips score again to go ahead 47-24.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:40 PM
Great game going on at Stetson. The Hatters led 14-12 after three and Sacred Heart storms back with a TD run on the first play of the fourth to take charge 18-14.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:41 PM
South Florida taking control against Towson. 42-17 Bulls with 5:32 left in the third.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:42 PM
Anyone else having feed problems with UNI-Iowa State?

13-9 Cyclones near the end of the half.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:44 PM
Either Florida Atlantic is really bad, or Southern Illinois is much improved. The Salukis play hard but fall 38-30.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:45 PM
UNI gets a pass interference call in the end zone to set up a field goal attempt with two seconds left in the half. Iowa State calls a time out, worried about a fake.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:48 PM
Bad decision on the time out as Bailey scores on the option for UNI. Under review. UNI TD and it is 16-13 Panthers at halftime.

- - - Updated - - -

UNI turns the safety into nine BIG points.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:49 PM
Towson QB fumble on a big pass rush leads to another South Florida TD. 49-17 Bulls with 1:40 left in the third period.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:52 PM
Southern may lose to ULM, but this is a positive performance for the Jaguars. On the move against the Warhawks near the red zone.

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2016, 08:53 PM
Anyone else having feed problems with UNI-Iowa State?

13-9 Cyclones near the end of the half.

Non-stop

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:54 PM
What happens when you drop a nose tackle into pass coverage? First and goal for Southern after a defensive holding call. Ball at the seven.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:56 PM
TD pass to end an impressive passing drive for the Jaguars. ULM lead now 31-21 as official swallows his whistle on a two-point fade pass where the receiver was mugged.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:57 PM
VMI falls short 47-24, but the Keydets looked pretty good against Akron. I will see Akron in person in about three weeks against Appalachian State in Ohio.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 08:58 PM
Iowa State is showing highlights of its glory years in 1976 at halftime. Hard to find Cyclone football highlights.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:00 PM
Illinois State still throwing with a 50-10 lead over Valpo midway through the fourth. Come on guys!!!

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:15 PM
Coastal Carolina looking more like you would expect in the second half. Chants are ahead of Lamar 18-14 midway in the third.

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2016, 09:16 PM
Did you see the last play in the UNI game? Read option with WR motion and the WR and RB ran into each other. I've never seen that.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:21 PM
Near bomb completion for Stetson that would have resulted in an 83-yard go-ahead TD as the QB was drilled, but the ball was tipped away. Sacred Heart forced a fumble on the next play to all but clinch it with 2:20 left at the Stetson 13.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see the last play in the UNI game? Read option with WR motion and the WR and RB ran into each other. I've never seen that.
Nothing surprises me with Iowa State.

- - - Updated - - -

Garbage time TD for ULM when it could have run out the clock. Warhawks will win 38-21. Still trying to figure out what a Warhawk is.

Final in a game that was much closer than the score.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:24 PM
CCU tacks on a field goal to expand its lead over Lamar to 21-14 with a couple of minutes left in the third.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:25 PM
Stetson stills has a heartbeat against Sacred Heart when SHU misses a short FG. 38 seconds left in an 18-14 game and Hatter ball at their 14.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:28 PM
Sack by Carter Schulte for UNI to kill an Iowa State drive in UNI territory. Panthers dominating on the defensive line.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:29 PM
Sacred Heart gets a comeback win over a gritty Stetson squad, shutting out the Hatters in the second half.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:30 PM
RB Darius Victor has had his moments for Towson despite the fact that the Tigers are losing 56-20 late to South Florida.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:31 PM
Kansas is celebrating a 55-6 win over RHODE ISLAND like it won the Super Bowl. Perspective. Be glad North Dakota State isn't on the schedule this year.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:35 PM
What a difference a year makes. I watched East Tennessee State get drilled by Kennesaw State in its return to college football and KSUs first game last season on the first night of the 2015 campaign. This year, ETSU is involved in a double-overtime thriller, 17-17, at KSU.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:38 PM
Towson has bad news as its transfer QB was knocked out with an injury tonight. Four turnovers for the Tigers in a 56-20 loss. Coach Rob Ambrose isn't happy.

- - - Updated - - -

UNI threatening to expand its lead with second and goal late in the third period.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:40 PM
What a time for the Northern Iowa feed to stall.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:43 PM
Field goal for Northern Iowa and it is 19-13 Panthers with 4:20 left in the third. The Iowa State broadcasters are looking for rays of sunshine in the dark clouds.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:48 PM
Upset alert:

Eastern Washington 38
Washington State 28
halfway into the third period

- - - Updated - - -

Iowa State crybabying about pass interference.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:49 PM
EWU threatening to score again. Anyone have a link for this one?

Anyone have any service provider info to make Pac-12 TV work online?

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 09:58 PM
Interception kills off the Eastern Washington drive in the end zone.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:01 PM
South Dakota State scored to cut TCU's lead to 45-38 after three.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:02 PM
Northern Iowa looking for a 49-yard field goal, but it misses wide.

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2016, 10:03 PM
Seems like UNI is playing it a little too safe

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:06 PM
Coastal Carolina finally pulled away from Lamar and is ahead 31-14 with less than three minutes left.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:08 PM
Big Iowa State run is called back by holding. That nearly broke for a TD.

- - - Updated - - -

8 penalties for 85 yards for Iowa State.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:10 PM
Montana is flailing in a rare Washington-Grizzly Stadium night game. The Grizzlies are ahead of St. Francis 13-10 early in the third period.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:15 PM
Quincy beat Drake 38-35. Bad loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Iowa State TD pass with 7:02 left to take a 20-19 lead over Northern Iowa.

PantherRob82
September 3rd, 2016, 10:15 PM
UNI blowing it

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:17 PM
Coastal Carolina tacks on another TD to go ahead of Lamar 38-14 late.

- - - Updated - - -

UNI blowing it
That face mask penalty for an automatic first down when Iowa State was backed up was the killer in this drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny that the commercials in the Northern Iowa-Iowa State game play fine and the live action keeps stalling.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:20 PM
Northern Iowa with great field position when Iowa State's kickoff sails out of bounds. Ball at the 40.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:22 PM
3 and out for UNI

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:25 PM
Is there a link for South Dakota State-TCU out there?

Horned Frogs edging the Jackrabbits 45-41 with about 10 minutes left.

- - - Updated - - -

Eastern Washington hanging on 38-35 as Washington State scores a TD with 4:42 left.

- - - Updated - - -

St. Francis now beating Montana 17-13 with 6:45 left in the third.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:29 PM
Really bad interception as a receiver runs a bad route for Iowa State. Northern Iowa returns it to the ISU 35 with 4:5 left.

- - - Updated - - -

Bailey read option breaks to the Iowa State 14

- - - Updated - - -

Browning pounds off-tackle to the five with four minutes left and then he goes to the two.

- - - Updated - - -

1s and goal Northern Iowa

- - - Updated - - -

Bailey near the goal line on 1st down

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:31 PM
Browning bounces outside for the TD. Penalty flag is offsides on Iowa State and Northern Iowa leads 25-20 with 2:49 left.

- - - Updated - - -

Incomplete slant pass on the two-point try leaves it at 25-20. It is on the Northern Iowa defense now.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:37 PM
Eastern Washington in Washington State territory with 1:45 left trying to hang on with a 38-35 lead. Ball on the 30.

- - - Updated - - -

Northern Iowa kickoff goes out of bounds and Iowa State gets it at the 35.

- - - Updated - - -

Eastern Washington all but clinches it with another TD. 45-35 with 1:39 left.

- - - Updated - - -

Fumble recovered by Northern Iowa. Review coming with 2:24 left.

- - - Updated - - -

TCU scores again to expand its lead to 52-41 over South Dakota State. 8:36 left.

- - - Updated - - -

Northern Iowa is going to win this challenge as it clearly was a fumble. Ruling confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Northern Iowa needs one last first down.

- - - Updated - - -

Northern Arizona down 7-0 to Arizona State late in the first period.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:39 PM
Bailey has made two bad reads in a row, keeping the ball instead of handing to Browning on first and second down. 2:11 left and ISU is out of time outs.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:41 PM
After a third-down stop, Iowa State will get the ball with 1:26 left on a punt.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:43 PM
Poor punt goes out of bounds on the rugby style at the ISU 38 with 1:19 left. 24 yards on the punt.

- - - Updated - - -

Jared Farley interception ends it. Northern Iowa will win 25-20.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:47 PM
Four turnovers for Iowa State, three in the last three possessions in the final six minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Final
Northern Iowa 25
Iowa State 20

Saw this one coming

- - - Updated - - -

Eastern Washington 45, Washington State 42 with 14 seconds left after a Cougar TD.

- - - Updated - - -

TCU now ahead 59-41 on South Dakota State with four minutes left.

- - - Updated - - -

EWU recovers the onside kick and this one is over.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:49 PM
Montana back in front over St. Francis with a TD, 20-17, end of three.

Northern Arizona has chopped Arizona State's lead to 7-3 with about 13 minutes left in the half.

Mr. C
September 3rd, 2016, 10:51 PM
In the Iowa State game broadcast, the play of the game was the ISU TD that made it 20-19 Cyclones. What is this Orwell's 1984 with revisionist history?