PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Chattanooga Mocs: championship-caliber

Pages : 1 [2]

BisonTru
October 12th, 2016, 07:59 PM
So how much do you want to bet that the Eagles do make the playoffs and that when it's all said and done carson wentz has mediocre numbers for an nfl qb?

Define mediocre numbers?

JSUSoutherner
October 12th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Most interesting is that a guy like andrew luck who has had devastating turnovers for a 2-3 team is 3rd. Seems legit.
Yeah Luck struck me as an interesting name on that list as well. I'm also surprised Matt Ryan isn't up there. He's been on fire.

chattownmocs
October 12th, 2016, 08:03 PM
Define mediocre numbers?

I don't know, his total QB is 15th. Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisburger, and derek Carr are playing a completely different game than him and you think he's the best qb in the league. There is not much that can be said to you idiots about this guy. He's as overrated as there has ever been 4 games into a career.

BisonTru
October 12th, 2016, 08:12 PM
I don't know, his total QB is 15th. Matt Ryan, Ben Roethlisburger, and derek Carr are playing a completely different game than him and you think he's the best qb in the league. There is not much that can be said to you idiots about this guy. He's as overrated as there has ever been 4 games into a career.

Really coming from the talent guru who thinks Andrew Luck is overrated. xrolleyesx BTW, total QBR that you're referring to is an ESPN owned and promoted stat. PFF is a scouting service that grades every player on every play.

I never said he was the best QB in the league, but if you would like please hold your breath while you wait for him to fall off this start.

BisonTru
October 12th, 2016, 08:17 PM
Yeah Luck struck me as an interesting name on that list as well. I'm also surprised Matt Ryan isn't up there. He's been on fire.

It looks like Matt Ryan would be graded out right around fifth this year. They released their rankings Ryan was 8th, Wentz 10th. https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-entering-week-6/

BigHouseClosedEnd
October 12th, 2016, 08:18 PM
Every time I decide to wander into this thread, I regret it almost instantly.

chattownmocs
October 12th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Really coming from the talent guru who thinks Andrew Luck is overrated. xrolleyesx BTW, total QBR that you're referring to is an ESPN owned and promoted stat. PFF is a scouting service that grades every player on every play.

I never said he was the best QB in the league, but if you would like please hold your breath while you wait for him to fall off this start.

But isn't qbr based on actual stats and not asinine opinion. You think carson wentz is playing better than matt ryan right now?

BTW, how in the world is not andrew luck not overrated? Wasn't he hailed as the greatest QB prospect ever? Please define how he isn't overrated?

chattownmocs
October 12th, 2016, 08:22 PM
It looks like Matt Ryan would be graded out right around fifth this year. They released their rankings Ryan was 8th, Wentz 10th. https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-quarterbacks-entering-week-6/

Then they need to work on their grades so that game managers with equal or lesser records aren't graded ahead of game changers.

BisonTru
October 12th, 2016, 08:31 PM
But isn't qbr based on actual stats and not asinine opinion. You think carson wentz is playing better than matt ryan right now?

BTW, how in the world is not andrew luck not overrated? Wasn't he hailed as the greatest QB prospect ever? Please define how he isn't overrated?

Luck isn't overrated. For stat scouts that look at records and stats, and can't watch a football game and pick apart the moving pieces it's hard to see. Luck was banged up last year and statistically performed poorly. He's still one of the best young QBs in the league. You can point out all the stats you want. Brain Hoyer is top 10 in your QBR, and Rex Grossman took that franchise to a Super Bowl.

FUBeAR
October 13th, 2016, 12:40 AM
But isn't qbr based on actual stats and not asinine opinion.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/61082661.jpg

chattownmocs
October 13th, 2016, 01:11 AM
Luck isn't overrated. For stat scouts that look at records and stats, and can't watch a football game and pick apart the moving pieces it's hard to see. Luck was banged up last year and statistically performed poorly. He's still one of the best young QBs in the league. You can point out all the stats you want. Brain Hoyer is top 10 in your QBR, and Rex Grossman took that franchise to a Super Bowl.

Dude, they cut peyton manning to start andrew luck and everyone claimed it was a great move. He's supposed to be better than this. "Oh they had to." Looks like andrew luck needed to be sitting down behind peyton manning for a few years to me because he is regressing. He's a turnover machine that doesn't get rid of the ball. The best you can come up with is brian hoyet 10th? Yours has carson wentz first and even worse andrew luck 3rd. It's a joke and a fraud.

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2016, 01:47 AM
Define mediocre numbers?

Whatever Wentz's numbers are when the time comes xlolx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2016, 01:49 AM
Dude, they cut peyton manning to start andrew luck and everyone claimed it was a great move. He's supposed to be better than this. "Oh they had to." Looks like andrew luck needed to be sitting down behind peyton manning for a few years to me because he is regressing. He's a turnover machine that doesn't get rid of the ball. The best you can come up with is brian hour 10th? Yours has carson wentz first and even worse andrew luck 3rd. It's a joke and a fraud.

Do you just look in the mirror and describe yourself in order to come up with your insults?

chattownmocs
October 13th, 2016, 05:26 AM
Do you just look in the mirror and describe yourself in order to come up with your insults?

I've never come up with any thing as lame or retarded as that.

Bisonator
October 13th, 2016, 09:02 AM

LMFAO! Did you really just call yourself lame and retarded? I guess even you see what we see!xlolx

BisonTru
October 13th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Dude, they cut peyton manning to start andrew luck and everyone claimed it was a great move. He's supposed to be better than this. "Oh they had to." Looks like andrew luck needed to be sitting down behind peyton manning for a few years to me because he is regressing. He's a turnover machine that doesn't get rid of the ball. The best you can come up with is brian hoyet 10th? Yours has carson wentz first and even worse andrew luck 3rd. It's a joke and a fraud.

The Colts made an excellent move. People have short memories and scoreboard scout. Time will tell, until then get yourself a gig with Emory Hunt and pretend you are smarter than the NFL.

BTW, PFF's grades are cited on CBS broadcasts. They are well respected by many.

JSUSoutherner
October 13th, 2016, 11:13 AM
The Colts made an excellent move. People have short memories and scoreboard scout. Time will tell, until then get yourself a gig with Emory Hunt and pretend you are smarter than the NFL.

I agree, I actually went and peeked at his stats for this season and he's actually chugging along quite nicely. 10 touchdowns against only 3 picks is not a bad ratio by any means. He has roughly the same stats right now as Drew Bress. And it only seems more impressive when you consider what he has to work with in Indy.

The Matt Ryan comparison isn't exactly fair when Matt Ryan has the best receiver in the league, a nice compliment in Sanu, two of the top running backs, and a solid offensive line. (And for once, a good defense)

Luck has TY Hilton, an ancient running back, a meh offensive line, and an ever meh-er defense. The Colts are still very much in a rebuilding phase, expecting them to be putting up playoff type results is kind of unfair. However Luck himself, based on the stats, is far from being the problem in Indy and should serve as a good nucleus as the Colts rebuild.

BisonTru
October 13th, 2016, 11:24 AM
I agree, I actually went and peeked at his stats for this season and he's actually chugging along quite nicely. 10 touchdowns against only 3 picks is not a bad ratio by any means. He has roughly the same stats right now as Drew Bress. And it only seems more impressive when you consider what he has to work with in Indy.

The Matt Ryan comparison isn't exactly fair when Matt Ryan has the best receiver in the league, a nice compliment in Sanu, two of the top running backs, and a solid offensive line. (And for once, a good defense)

Luck has TY Hilton, an ancient running back, a meh offensive line, and an ever meh-er defense. The Colts are still very much in a rebuilding phase, expecting them to be putting up playoff type results is kind of unfair. However Luck himself, based on the stats, is far from being the problem in Indy and should serve as a good nucleus as the Colts rebuild.

The thing with PFF grades is they will watch a throw by Wentz that's on the money but dropped by the WR. That doesn't go against him in their grading, but against the WR. Ryan can throw an off target ball that Julio makes a great adjustment and that's going to be more credit to Julio than Ryan in their grading.

Now, that's not taking anything away from Ryan. Like I said they have him grading out at #5, and with what he has proven over the years he is the more proven QB vs. Wentz. I laugh when the Falcons have struggled and people want to pull Ryan. Like I said people have short memories.

CockyGeek
October 13th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Carson Wentz is overrated. The true American heroes are Allison ( Daddy's boy), BJ Coleman, and Huesman (also Coach's son).

chattownmocs
October 13th, 2016, 07:38 PM

Short memory...kinda like carson wentz has 4 games? But how short? That he threw a terrible interception to end his teams chances last week? Against the Lions, after a bye. That looks real promising.

As far as andrew luck goes, he's had multiple Turnovers that have been returned for tds that have basically eliminates a team from winning in the nfl.

The data is in on the manning/luck decision. It was devastating to their franchise. They got rid of one of the most durable qbs in nfl history after one injury and signed a genius out stanford that can't even get rid of the ball to a huge contract. Look at the Denver Broncos now, look at those at those free agents they signed. Your PFF idiot friends may not admit it, but it's true. Andrew w luck was a disastrous choice, they could have had both. But they couldn't afford it, now what do they have? Nothing.

BisonTru
October 13th, 2016, 08:13 PM
Short memory...kinda like carson wentz has 4 games? But how short? That he threw a terrible interception to end his teams chances last week? Against the Lions, after a bye. That looks real promising.

As far as andrew luck goes, he's had multiple Turnovers that have been returned for tds that have basically eliminates a team from winning in the nfl.

The data is in on the manning/luck decision. It was devastating to their franchise. They got rid of one of the most durable qbs in nfl history after one injury and signed a genius out stanford that can't even get rid of the ball to a huge contract. Look at the Denver Broncos now, look at those at those free agents they signed. Your PFF idiot friends may not admit it, but it's true. Andrew w luck was a disastrous choice, they could have had both. But they couldn't afford it, now what do they have? Nothing.

Yeah, Luck's a bust, and Wentz is showing signs of the same. xrolleyesx

You wonder why nobody takes you seriously when you start pimping Chatty's players, and then post this garbage. Learn a little humility and learn a little about this game. You have a long way to go.

Bisonoline
October 13th, 2016, 10:32 PM

According to Tony Dungy they wouldnt have been in that position to possibly win if it werent for CW. Nice spin there clown shoes.

chattownmocs
October 13th, 2016, 11:28 PM
According to Tony Dungy they wouldnt have been in that position to possibly win if it werent for CW. Nice spin there clown shoes.

They wouldn't have been in position to beat the lions? As far as I'm concerned an elite qb should be able to both put their team in position and finish the job against the lions.

Bisonoline
October 14th, 2016, 12:37 AM
They wouldn't have been in position to beat the lions? As far as I'm concerned an elite qb should be able to both put their team in position and finish the job against the lions.

I guess you forgot tht the rest of his team isnt elite. Especially there defense. You know the part of the team that let the lions score all of those points. So hes supposed to do all of this by himself. There isnt a qb out there who is considered elite that doesnt have the supporting cast to get him there.
But that wouldnt fit your narrative.
What I do find interesting is you are claiming CW isnt elite when I didnt say he was. Hes a rookie. He has some work to do before hes in that elite veteran category. As far as rookies go hes pretty damn good.

chattownmocs
October 14th, 2016, 05:46 AM
I guess you forgot tht the rest of his team isnt elite. Especially there defense. You know the part of the team that let the lions score all of those points. So hes supposed to do all of this by himself. There isnt a qb out there who is considered elite that doesnt have the supporting cast to get him there.
But that wouldnt fit your narrative.
What I do find interesting is you are claiming CW isnt elite when I didnt say he was. Hes a rookie. He has some work to do before hes in that elite veteran category. As far as rookies go hes pretty damn good.

I don't give a damn whether you said he was or not. Your boy posted something that said he was the best qb in the league so far this year and is blindly defending it. Stfu.

chattownmocs
October 14th, 2016, 05:54 AM
Thanks for bumping

https://youtu.be/AVv6F2CktrE

Chattanooga-Mercer highlights are out. They should be devastating to all the fans out their thinking their team has a shot.

I'm gonna go back to this too. I think some people get the idea that because it only shows the positive plays that their were a bunch of positive plays for the other team not shown. Usually thats the case and after the video ends there were some big garbage time plays.

But this was the game. 6 first half possessions 5 tds and a fg. Mercer had 7 possessions, 6 3 and outs and a fg. This was a massacre by an absolutely complete football team.

Chattanooga has outscored it's opponents 155-10 in the first half this season. I want people to think about that. 10 points in 6 halves of football. Some of that is the opponent, but IDC who you are playing.

I want people to look at this RB craine. He's not anybody you want to mess with. Look at the throws this qb is making. Look at the size and physicality of the oline. You see big guys but not a bunch of guys in terrible shape. These recievers are probably the least impressive thing about the whole team and they are far from shabby.

I've been wrong alot, not but my much tbh, but I'm telling you. Hop on the train it's not gonna be stopped.

The Yo Show
October 14th, 2016, 06:09 AM
Prediction for the citadel game?

chattownmocs
October 14th, 2016, 06:43 AM
Inside chattanooga football

https://youtu.be/qM4iCNm5kCs

IBleedYellow
October 14th, 2016, 07:27 AM
I'm excited for the Dogs to whip fannies so that Chattown can disappear for awhile.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
October 14th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Damn boy...your Mom gave birth to exactly that!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Daytripper
October 14th, 2016, 08:22 AM

Ryan also has Kyle Shanahan as OC. That offense that he runs is lethal when you have great skill players, which ATL does.

Bisonator
October 14th, 2016, 08:55 AM
I'm gonna go back to this too. I think some people get the idea that because it only shows the positive plays that their were a bunch of positive plays for the other team not shown. Usually thats the case and after the video ends there were some big garbage time plays.

But this was the game. 6 first half possessions 5 tds and a fg. Mercer had 7 possessions, 6 3 and outs and a fg. This was a massacre by an absolutely complete football team.

Chattanooga has outscored it's opponents 155-10 in the first half this season. I want people to think about that. 10 points in 6 halves of football. Some of that is the opponent, but IDC who you are playing.

I want people to look at this RB craine. He's not anybody you want to mess with. Look at the throws this qb is making. Look at the size and physicality of the oline. You see big guys but not a bunch of guys in terrible shape. These recievers are probably the least impressive thing about the whole team and they are far from shabby.

I've been wrong alot, not but my much tbh, but I'm telling you. Hop on the train it's not gonna be stopped.
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/bttf/images/6/6f/Delorean-locomotive_2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131025203615

BisonTru
October 14th, 2016, 02:39 PM
That he threw a terrible interception to end his teams chances last week? Against the Lions, after a bye. That looks real promising.

https://twitter.com/BleedingGreen/status/787008435590205440

Bisonoline
October 14th, 2016, 03:52 PM
I don't give a damn whether you said he was or not. Your boy posted something that said he was the best qb in the league so far this year and is blindly defending it. Stfu.

My boy? Dont know who that is and who ever you think it isnt part of this conversation. You glib comment was in regard to an observation from a football expert. Nice attempt at deflection there clown shoes.

STFU? Me? :D If your brain actually understood the stupid crap you post it would shoot itself.

Bison56
October 14th, 2016, 04:43 PM
My boy? Dont know who that is and who ever you think it isnt part of this conversation. You glib comment was in regard to an observation from a football expert. Nice attempt at deflection there clown shoes.

STFU? Me? :D If your brain actually understood the stupid crap you post it would shoot itself.

But would he notice?

Bisonoline
October 14th, 2016, 05:04 PM

But would he notice?

Good point. If you shoot a turd in two youve now got two turds. May be thats the way he reproduces?

chattownmocs
October 14th, 2016, 08:26 PM
[QUOTE=Bison56;2393026]

Good point. If you shoot a turd in two youve now got two turds. May be thats the way he reproduces?

Do you not realize how rich it is for a fat, sloppy, waste of oxygen like you, to be using that type of language towards me?

Let me explain how this works slob. When you randomly jump into the middle of an argument and quote a statement by me, you are not only responding to those specific words, you are also responding the context. Otherwise you are taking me out of context, which makes you a bitch. The context that you responded to was a quote from me in response to your boy. So If you respond to my statement without disqualifying his, you are, in effect, agreeing with him.

Now go check your insulin, or better yet, stop stuffing your fat ****ing face long enough to do a little critical thinking. The overly aggressive bison tough guy act is getting really old. You aren't tough, you aren't hard because your team won 5 national championships. You are a fat pussy. Even if you weren't you would die of a heart attack before you could get off your big ass to do anything anyway.

I'm not going to be killing myself ever. I have mental health problems but suicide won't be a side effect. And you aren't gonna do anything either so shut the hell up.

BisonFan02
October 14th, 2016, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=Bisonoline;2393029]

Do you not realize how rich it is for a fat, sloppy, waste of oxygen like you, to be using that type of language towards me?

Let me explain how this works slob. When you randomly jump into the middle of an argument and quote a statement by me, you are not only responding to those specific words, you are also responding the context. Otherwise you are taking me out of context, which makes you a bitch. The context that you responded to was a quote from me in response to your boy. So If you respond to my statement without disqualifying his, you are, in effect, agreeing with him.

Now go check your insulin, or better yet, stop stuffing your fat ****ing face long enough to do a little critical thinking. The overly aggressive bison tough guy act is getting really old. You aren't tough, you aren't hard because your team won 5 national championships. You are a fat pussy. Even if you weren't you would die of a heart attack before you could get off your big ass to do anything anyway.

I'm not going to be killing myself ever. I have mental health problems but suicide won't be a side effect. And you aren't gonna do anything either so shut the hell up.

Ha, get ****ed chatty. Bisonoline's sausage has forgotten more about football than you will ever know.

centennial
October 14th, 2016, 10:00 PM

Calm down dude. Way too serious over your football team. People are trying to get a reaction and you are giving it to them.

CID1990
October 14th, 2016, 10:25 PM
On behalf of The Citadel Bulldogs I will apologize in advance if we don't beat Chatty because that will mean at least one more week before this turd burglar disappears.

Chatty is good enough to keep him around longer now but in the good ol days he used to disappear about 4 weeks into the season, only to be heard from in the offseason if you went to Subway where he would ask you if you wanted a cookie to go with your $5 footlong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
October 14th, 2016, 10:57 PM

Clown shoes--its been obviously for a very long time you have mental issues. So we basically tolerate you.
Im really amused at your blustery blowhard name calling over the internet.
Well I tell you what. You are more than welcome to come to Fargo and express your views to me in person. Either put up or shut up. I will even pick you up at the airport. Your the guy in the clown shoes right?xlolxxthumbsupx

Bisonoline
October 14th, 2016, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=chattownmocs;2393090]

Ha, get ****ed chatty. Bisonoline's sausage has forgotten more about football than you will ever know.

I think chatty has a lot of self loathing because of the failures in his life. A lot of projecting in that post. xrotatehx
I mean he missed the joke and took it as he should kill himself???? Really??? I think hes due for a med check.

This guy has just got to be a blast at a party. You dont know which one of his personalities will show up.

Who would have thought? Chatty having anger issues???? NOOooooooo

FUBeAR
October 15th, 2016, 12:36 AM
[QUOTE=Bisonoline;2393029]I have mental health problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3el3bXPvWP4

dgtw
October 15th, 2016, 07:46 AM
If you have issues so severe you have considered suicide, I sincerely wish you seek professional help. I am very serious as talking your own life hurts those you leave behind. If cost is an issue, I am sure there are social service agencies in your area that could help.

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Chatty not looking good during the marker halftime.

Bisonator
October 15th, 2016, 04:47 PM

https://phillbarron.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/0f622811cf02a51e26d767dcec555027.jpg

Southern Bison
October 15th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Congratulations to The Citadel on a dominating win over Claventownmocs' team.

He's disappearing in 3...2...1...

JSUSoutherner
October 15th, 2016, 04:50 PM
2016 Citadel Bulldogs: Championship Caliber

Bison56
October 15th, 2016, 04:53 PM
First real competition of the season and couldn't get it done.

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 04:55 PM

I don't think so

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 04:57 PM
They must have spent enough time in the weight room. Wait, wrong thread. xlolx

TheKingpin28
October 15th, 2016, 05:07 PM
Thank you to The Citadel. It keeps Chattown away for awhile.

CID1990
October 15th, 2016, 05:11 PM
I'll be accepting PayPal, folks

BigSouthFan
October 15th, 2016, 06:13 PM

Unless the road goes through Chucky South LOL

walliver
October 15th, 2016, 08:33 PM
Unless the road goes through Chucky South LOL

It will be interesting to see how the team reacts to the long break in the season. Did Chadwell's suspension get postponed with the postponed game?

citdog
October 15th, 2016, 09:20 PM

It's THE Citadel. And you are correct.

BigSouthFan
October 16th, 2016, 12:18 AM
It will be interesting to see how the team reacts to the long break in the season. Did Chadwell's suspension get postponed with the postponed game?

No clue I will have to ask my buddy, his son plays DL there. I know Chadwell had them out there in pads all week Tuesday-Saturday. Must be trying to make sure the rust is at a minimum.

JSUSoutherner
October 21st, 2016, 02:40 PM
And no, mocs123, it is possible for us to run the table in those 3 sports. Very possible. If you don't think so, you no need to look at those teams records from a year ago and who they have returning and coming back from injuries. You seem to think that football is some stretch. Even these idiots know we are gonna win the football title. Stfu.

LOL, good times.

It's complete delusion. Chattanooga hasn't lost in the first round. They did lose in the 2nd round last year to number 1. Considering we may be the most improved teat in the country I won't fret about it. We will run through The Citadel and Jacksonville state if they make it there.

The Irony here is phenomenal. xlolx

POD Knows
October 21st, 2016, 02:56 PM
LOL, good times.

[/B]
The Irony here is phenomenal. xlolx

UTC is the most improved "teat", that I believe

Thumper 76
October 21st, 2016, 02:57 PM
It's got to be murder on ol chattown to have to go into hiding the week that NDSU loses. Poor thing xlolx

Sandlapper Spike
October 21st, 2016, 07:02 PM

He is going to be suspended for CSU's game against Bucknell.

Southern Bison
October 21st, 2016, 07:14 PM
UTC is the most improved "teat", that I believe
I'm all for improvement of the female bosom!

CID1990
October 30th, 2016, 09:24 AM
Chattownmocs still MIA?

I guess he took the El Cid loss harder than I thought.

JSUSoutherner
October 30th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Chattownmocs still MIA?

I guess he took the El Cid loss harder than I thought.

He probably won't be back until the playoffs.

dgtw
October 30th, 2016, 12:22 PM

So he can throw beer on our players again?

longtimemocfan
October 30th, 2016, 12:44 PM
So he can throw beer on our players again?

As far as I know he's never been identified in person. He originally excepted a offer from a Appy St. fan who was going to pay his way to come up and sit with him in Boone. He strangely declined as the game drew nearer

JSUSoutherner
October 30th, 2016, 01:38 PM
As far as I know he's never been identified in person. He originally excepted a offer from a Appy St. fan who was going to pay his way to come up and sit with him in Boone. He strangely declined as the game drew nearer
His mom probably said no.

longtimemocfan
October 30th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Lol yeah or he couldn't get off from Subway.

TheKingpin28
October 30th, 2016, 02:54 PM
Lol yeah or he couldn't get off from Subway.

I thought it was PayDay

smallcollegefbfan
October 30th, 2016, 03:23 PM

Of course he did. I know someone who knows who he is. This person won't tell me but all they did say was that once you meet him you will laugh big time at 90% of the things he has said that you haven't already laughed at. I must admit that I'm curious. Will anyone say who he is?

CID1990
October 30th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Of course he did. I know someone who knows who he is. This person won't tell me but all they did say was that once you meet him you will laugh big time at 90% of the things he has said that you haven't already laughed at. I must admit that I'm curious. Will anyone say who he is?

Corky

longtimemocfan
October 30th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Good luck, like to know who he really is myself. We have had some suspicions about a few but no proof.

walliver
October 31st, 2016, 10:53 AM
If Sammy wins this weekend, Chattown may return, since Chatty would obviously be the big dog since the Mocs beat Samford (and I'm sure the Citadel cheated somehow).

Mocs123
October 31st, 2016, 12:32 PM
I am just worried about what we can control. We need to get healthy and prepare for a tough game against Wofford.

We have to take care of business against the Terriers (who will be playing with their playoff hopes on the line), then pick up our check in Tuscalusa and get ready for the playoffs.

Would a Samford win be nice giving us a share of the conf title, of course, but there is no need in worrying about that, just keep worrying about us.

We had the chance to control our own destiny and we fell short, no excuses.

Get Heathy. Prepare our @ss off for Worrord. Period.

On a broader note, hopefully all three teams make it to the playoffs.

SU DOG
October 31st, 2016, 12:36 PM
I am just worried about what we can control. We need to get healthy and prepare for a tough game against Wofford.

We have to take care of business against the Terriers (who will be playing with their playoff hopes on the line), then pick up our check in Tuscalusa and get ready for the playoffs.

Would a Samford win be nice giving us a share of the conf title, of course, but there is no need in worrying about that, just keep worrying about us.

We had the chance to control our own destiny and we fell short, no excuses.

Get Heathy. Prepare our @ss off for Worrord. Period.

On a broader note, hopefully all three teams make it to the playoffs.

+1 for the post and +1 for the teams - make that 4 SoCon teams that get in.

FUBeAR
October 31st, 2016, 12:48 PM
make that 4 SoCon teams that get in.

+1 for that

...would have been +2 if you said 5 :)

CID1990
October 31st, 2016, 12:53 PM
+1 for the post and +1 for the teams - make that 4 SoCon teams that get in.

I think if you guys win it helps the case for 4 teams in. If we win I think we get 3.

Mocs123
October 31st, 2016, 01:28 PM
Wofford and Mercer still have a shot but they have to win out to get 7 D1 wins which would mean beating Chattanooga and Samford respectively. I am not saying that is not doable - neither of those teams are bullet proof, but a tall order. (One of those I am especially hoping doesn't happen).

That would give us 5 teams with 7 wins but 4 with just 7 and thus diluted our value quite a bit - so I still don't think we get 5 in and I see 4 as doubtful.

Wofford didn't do themselves any favors by scheduling a non D1 (to note The Citadel, Samford, and UTC also played non D1s this year). It just leaves less margin for error.

I see us getting 3 teams in and the best thing for the SoCon is to have all 3 teams that make it have a good showing.

CID1990
October 31st, 2016, 04:30 PM
Wofford and Mercer still have a shot but they have to win out to get 7 D1 wins which would mean beating Chattanooga and Samford respectively. I am not saying that is not doable - neither of those teams are bullet proof, but a tall order. (One of those I am especially hoping doesn't happen).

That would give us 5 teams with 7 wins but 4 with just 7 and thus diluted our value quite a bit - so I still don't think we get 5 in and I see 4 as doubtful.

Wofford didn't do themselves any favors by scheduling a non D1 (to note The Citadel, Samford, and UTC also played non D1s this year). It just leaves less margin for error.

I see us getting 3 teams in and the best thing for the SoCon is to have all 3 teams that make it have a good showing.

I think 3 is the most likely scenario provided nothing surprising happens to UTC, El Cid or Samford. Wofford is a long shot, and although Mercer is a remote possibility, I'd pretty much count them out at this point.

JSUSoutherner
November 7th, 2016, 06:26 PM
23 days and counting. :D

longtimemocfan
November 7th, 2016, 06:32 PM

Come on man sssshhhhhhh !! Let sleeping chattown's lay.

JSUSoutherner
November 7th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Come on man sssshhhhhhh !! Let sleeping chattown's lay.
But I really want to see him and the SHSU Novemberists go at it.

TheKingpin28
November 7th, 2016, 06:50 PM

THIS RIGHT HERE!!!

Bisonoline
November 7th, 2016, 06:59 PM

He's just like a drive by shooting. He doesn't hav3 the nuts to engage in any real conversation. His mo is talk crap and then just leave.

FUBeAR
November 7th, 2016, 08:42 PM

Maybe a roster count-down (er, count-up, I guess) is in order...

http://www.gomocs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5447&path=fb

http://www.gomocs.com/images/2016/8/8/Bagley,%20Richardre.jpg?width=214&height=250&scale=both&bgcolor=002856

23 Richardre Bagley

Position RB
Height 5-9
Weight 180
Class Jr.
Hometown Powder Springs, Ga.
Highschool Hillgrove HS

centennial
November 7th, 2016, 08:53 PM
After dealing with the SHSU folks he doesn't seem as crazy anymore.

JSUSoutherner
November 7th, 2016, 09:04 PM
Maybe a roster count-down (er, count-up, I guess) is in order...

http://www.gomocs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5447&path=fb

http://www.gomocs.com/images/2016/8/8/Bagley,%20Richardre.jpg?width=214&height=250&scale=both&bgcolor=002856

23 Richardre Bagley

Position ****ing Champion
Height 17-76
Weight Solid Gold
Class Of His Own
Hometown Bethlehem
High school Still There

I fixed it to represent his Championship Caliber Chattanooga status.

FUBeAR
November 7th, 2016, 09:28 PM

Nah...I don't like that. I think this comes off as disrespectful to the young man; which was certainly not my intent.

I do try to avoid disrespecting any of these young student-athletes, regardless of their Team, and of the douchebagginess and/or lunacy of their fans.

Disrespecting Chatttttttttttttttown though is perfectly acceptable. He's earned that privilege!

dewey
November 7th, 2016, 10:07 PM

AGREED! God that would be entertaining.

Dewey

Schism55
November 7th, 2016, 10:21 PM
AGREED! God that would be entertaining.

Dewey
Yes please.
FCS gods please see to Chatt and SHSU being matched up in the playoffs.

Scrappy94
November 7th, 2016, 11:01 PM

Come on man... That's disrespectful. Don't do that to Richardre. He's a hard worker, and didn't do anything to you. If you're going to be disrespectful to anyone, do it to Chattown.

JSUSoutherner
November 7th, 2016, 11:06 PM
Come on man... That's disrespectful. Don't do that to Richardre. He's a hard worker, and didn't do anything to you. If you're going to be disrespectful to anyone, do it to Chattown.
The only real quip was the high school thing. Which was obviously sarcasm. I don't see how anything else there would be offensive. The whole point was to make fun of Chattown.

I bet Richardre wouldn't mind being made of solid gold. I wouldn't.

Scrappy94
November 7th, 2016, 11:08 PM
The only real quip was the high school thing. Which was obviously sarcasm. I don't see how anything else there would be offensive. The whole point was to make fun of Chattown.

I bet Richardre wouldn't mind being made of solid gold. I wouldn't.

Good point. I don't see why anyone wouldn't mind being made of solid gold. Except Chattown...he doesn't deserve it.

CitadelGrad
November 7th, 2016, 11:38 PM
Chatty might still be championship caliber if they get some help from VMI.

CockyGeek
November 8th, 2016, 06:53 AM
They're a good team. It's nearly impossible to win all your game unless you play in the OVC and there's literally no competition 90% of the time.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2016, 04:21 PM
2016 Wofford Terriers: Championship Caliber

citdog
November 12th, 2016, 04:23 PM
2016 Wofford Terriers: Championship Caliber

Actually, band geek, it's The Citadel Bulldogs who are 2016 Southern Conference Championship Caliber.

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Actually, band geek, it's The Citadel Bulldogs who are 2016 Southern Conference Championship Caliber.
I don't care who the SoCon champ is as long as it isn't UTC.

JaxSinfonian
November 12th, 2016, 04:48 PM

Or Samford. #NeverSamford.

Scrappy94
November 12th, 2016, 06:08 PM

People like you are the reason why I absolutely HATE Jacksonville State.

citdog
November 12th, 2016, 06:14 PM
Why do you have to be rude like that? Why can't you talk about these things like a civil person, rather than being a jerk about it? People like you are the reason why I absolutely HATE Jacksonville State.

chattownmocs that is why

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2016, 06:23 PM
chattownmocs that is why
This.

Pretty much just to spite him.

Thumper 76
November 12th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Why do you have to be rude like that? Why can't you talk about these things like a civil person, rather than being a jerk about it? People like you are the reason why I absolutely HATE Jacksonville State.

Uh oh sensitive Novemberists, a new one.

Schism55
November 12th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Today the final nail in the coffin of Chattown? One can only hope

JSUSoutherner
November 12th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Uh oh sensitive Novemberists, a new one.

I'd like to see the page in the rule book that says I have to hope they win. It's not like I said I hope Bennefield breaks his legs or something.

Bison56
November 12th, 2016, 06:58 PM
You serious?

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2016, 05:45 PM
Called it. :D

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2016, 06:20 PM
Called it. :D

Do you brag to your friends when you call what time the sun will rise? xlolx

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2016, 06:24 PM
Do you brag to your friends when you call what time the sun will rise? xlolx

Occasionally. But only when I get it right. xlolx

longtimemocfan
November 21st, 2016, 07:00 PM
Most of the decent Chattanooga posters will now go into hiding again xsmhx

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2016, 07:03 PM
Most of the decent Chattanooga posters will now go into hiding again xsmhx
Well, as always, it was a pleasure conversing with you all. Make sure to come on back after you guys lose and Chattown leaves again. :D

longtimemocfan
November 21st, 2016, 09:10 PM
Well, as always, it was a pleasure conversing with you all. Make sure to come on back after you guys lose and Chattown leaves again. :D

Yeah right !!! If I can stay out of his threads I'll be around. Thing is other fan bases sometimes project their displeasure on other civil Mocs posters and makes it hard on us to have a rational discussion.

Katfan
November 22nd, 2016, 07:12 AM
Yeah right !!! If I can stay out of his threads I'll be around. Thing is other fan bases sometimes project their displeasure on other civil Mocs posters and makes it hard on us to have a rational discussion.
I feel your pain!

JSUSoutherner
December 3rd, 2016, 07:52 PM
*Cough*

Milktruck74
December 3rd, 2016, 07:54 PM
*Cough*

Choaking on your crow?

JSUSoutherner
December 3rd, 2016, 07:56 PM
Choaking on your crow?
Little bit. I have so much I thought I'd share. :D

chattownmocs
December 3rd, 2016, 08:27 PM
I'd love to be able to "eat crow" and say we got beat by a better team. It would be easier to swallow then another one of these.

The truth is that I'm almost exactly right about the talent level and ability of this team. There is just something missing. We blow a lot of people out. We never get blown out. We always lose by 1 score. We have good coaches they have decent game plans and make decent adjustments. We just don't make that last play that it takes to win against a number 1 seed or a number 1 ranked team on the road.

Will we figure it out? Probably so. Eventually. But how many wins will we leave out the table against top ranked teams.

So congratulations to shsu. You do have a good team. You have a great passing game and a decent defensive. But my God, we are who I said you were, and we let you off the hook.

chattownmocs
December 3rd, 2016, 08:30 PM
And btw to the other moc fans, toughen up. I had to come back because you guys are so soft. You guys were letting people walk all over our team because you wanted some Internet buddies. You need me.

Daytripper
December 3rd, 2016, 08:35 PM
I'd love to be able to "eat crow" and say we got beat by a better team. It would be easier to swallow then another one of these.

The truth is that I'm almost exactly right about the talent level and ability of this team. There is just something missing. We blow a lot of people out. We never get blown out. We always lose by 1 score. We have good coaches they have decent game plans and make decent adjustments. We just don't make that last play that it takes to win against a number 1 seed or a number 1 ranked team on the road.

Will we figure it out? Probably so. Eventually. But how many wins will we leave out the table against top ranked teams.

So congratulations to shsu. You do have a good team. You have a great passing game and a decent defensive. But my God, we are who I said you were, and we let you off the hook.

It was a really good game. Met a nice Moc fan at the tailgate. Hope everybody makes it home safe. In the end I believe the better team won. Of course, the football weather gods were smiling on Huntsville.

milleniumkat
December 3rd, 2016, 10:11 PM
It was a really good game. Met a nice Moc fan at the tailgate. Hope everybody makes it home safe. In the end I believe the better team won. Of course, the football weather gods were smiling on Huntsville.

the weather conditions favored the Mocs in every way even tho it wasn't a downpour during the game. And they still never did more than tie for about 6 minutes. Yawn.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 10:14 PM
the weather conditions favored the Mocs in every way even tho it wasn't a downpour during the game. And they still never did more than tie for about 6 minutes. Yawn.

www.MKsavedAGS.com (http://www.MKsavedAGS.com)

But didn't most everyone here say that Chitty State would route Sammy since they hung with Alabama for 3 QTRS??

ElCid
December 3rd, 2016, 10:16 PM
But didn't most everyone here say that Chitty State would route Sammy since they hung with Alabama for 3 QTRS??

I don't believe anyone stated that. Maybe in your mind, but in actuality, no.

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 10:17 PM
I don't believe anyone stated that. Maybe in your mind, but in actuality, no.

#ButBama

chattownmocs
December 3rd, 2016, 11:11 PM
#buttuca

The only matchups shsu won were their recievers against our dbs. They got exposed today in all other areas. Sometimes that's all it takes to win when the breaks go your way. But don't try to act like you didn't get physically beat to hell because you did.

Your team won the game. Can't be argued, Your analysis of your team may have been correct. The analysis of your opponent couldn't have been further from the truth.

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 11:12 PM
#buttuca

But Sammy's SOS is too weak for them to be a seeded team.

Sam_Kats
December 3rd, 2016, 11:17 PM
#buttuca

The only matchups shsu won were their recievers against our dbs. They got exposed today in all other areas. Sometimes that's all it takes to win when the breaks go your way. But don't try to act like you didn't get the physically beat to hell because you did.

Well, that & the scoreboard.

In all seriousness though, I thought BOTH teams beat the crap out of each other. Both QB's were picking themselves up off the turf more than usual. Secondaries were flying around, both DL's got after it and yes, Sam's WR corp got it done as usual. It was the difference in the game. Worst part about the outcome of this game is I could see a team built like Chatt taking down NDSU this year. Great defense but also the ability to pick up a lot of points.

Either way, it was a great game. On to JMU!

Mocs123
December 4th, 2016, 08:04 AM
My parants and coaches always told me to be humble in victory and gracious in defeat. Apparently that isn't a universal thing.

This is the third year in a row the Mocs have lost a heartbreaker in the playoffs. In 2014 we dominated UNH most of the game and ended up losing on the scoreboard in the semis. Last year we lost in OT to JSU, and this year, though we got out of the gates late, we out gained SHSU, had 7 sacks, and it felt like we had the momentum much of the second half.

But, in the end, the only thing that matters is the points on the scoreboard.

Great game and fight by our team. You just can't make mistakes (or not show up for the first 15 min of the game) and beat a good team, and SHSU is a good team. Briscoe and his wideouts are the real deal. The running game isn't great, but they can throw on anyone. The defense for SHSU isn't elite, but did stop is when it counted.

Now for 2017 let's take it one game at a time and go beat JSU

smallcollegefbfan
December 4th, 2016, 09:04 AM
#buttuca

The only matchups shsu won were their recievers against our dbs. They got exposed today in all other areas. Sometimes that's all it takes to win when the breaks go your way. But don't try to act like you didn't get physically beat to hell because you did.

Your team won the game. Can't be argued, Your analysis of your team may have been correct. The analysis of your opponent couldn't have been further from the truth.

I did not watch the entire game but from what I saw and have read UTC killed SHSU in the run game but SHSU won the passing side of it and you guys could not stop Briscoe. They could not stop you guys from running but you turned the ball over and that is perhaps the 2nd most important stat behind the scoreboard. You lost the two most important stat lines. I do think UTC is a top 10 team but you guys just aren't a top 5 team.

I remember you saying the Alabama game showed you are a championship caliber team and I believe my point has been proven that the Alabama game meant nothing for your team. It did help the stock of a couple individuals for the NFL but it really did not tell me anything more about your team.

You need to be gracious and just admit SHSU was the better team yesterday. Would they win every game if you played 10 games? Probably not. However, they won the game that mattered most - your playoff matchup yesterday.

Good luck so SHSU! The MVFC looks tough to beat but luckily for the field someone in that group has to be eliminated next weekend in the SDSU vs NDSU game. That should be interesting.

fmrbearkat
December 4th, 2016, 09:14 AM
#buttuca

My analyses of you dbs was wrong. My analyses of your DL was right. Evetybody knew they were good.

In honesty I think your dbs had a phenomenal day. Briscoe has NEVER had to hold the ball that long. It was obvious they were coached up to cover as tight as possible initially to make Briscoe hold it for a split second longer. They did that and your boys hit home. When we blocked we hit big plays....when we whiffed they hit home. #70 got hurt and that's when our Offense started struggling. The safeties especially were impressive to me. It shouldn't have been that close but hell its the playoffs and anything can happen.

On another note and I'm not even saying this had a major impact on the game per say but WOW the mvfc officials let EVERYTHING go. I really never saw a call they missed on us but I'm obviously watching with orange color glasses so I'm sure there were plenty. But they missed a ton of blatan holding calls and a few PI calls. And how the eff does that illegal forward pass get reviewed and still not overturned. He was two yards passed the line and threw it 2 yards forward!!!

from what I'm hearing Briscoe should be good to go Saturday. Said he was pretty sore but had really good strength and range after the game. Rest and treatment until Wednesday and he will be ready to roll. I'm more worried about #70 Risner getting back. Looked be favoring his back. He's a big athletic tackle and really brought this group together. Good thing is after Chatty and JSU gone and with the injuries to NDSU I don't think we see another DL better than Chatty's this year.

Katfan
December 4th, 2016, 09:20 AM
My parants and coaches always told me to be humble in victory and gracious in defeat. Apparently that isn't a universal thing.

This is the third year in a row the Mocs have lost a heartbreaker in the playoffs. In 2014 we dominated UNH most of the game and ended up losing on the scoreboard in the semis. Last year we lost in OT to JSU, and this year, though we got out of the gates late, we out gained SHSU, had 7 sacks, and it felt like we had the momentum much of the second half.

But, in the end, the only thing that matters is the points on the scoreboard.

Great game and fight by our team. You just can't make mistakes (or not show up for the first 15 min of the game) and beat a good team, and SHSU is a good team. Briscoe and his wideouts are the real deal. The running game isn't great, but they can throw on anyone. The defense for SHSU isn't elite, but did stop is when it counted.

Now for 2017 let's take it one game at a time and go beat JSU
Your parents taught you well. The Mocs are a very good team and played a hell of a game. Good luck next year, I definitely think you will be back and beat JSU next year!

milleniumkat
December 4th, 2016, 11:34 AM

that they did. And now most are either Not talking anymore or claiming that Bama didn't play hard (which is was old MK claimed all along)

www.MKsavedAGS.com

milleniumkat
December 4th, 2016, 11:38 AM
I guess i don't know what "Beat to hell" actually means.

Cuz i saw the Mocs knock out our #1 QB but still couldn't get off the field until almost a minute later.

I saw the Kat defense step up in the fourth and force red zone FGs and a turnover on downs to end it.

So seems to me like one team wore down and was beaten...but it wasn't the Orange team.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

fmrbearkat
December 4th, 2016, 02:24 PM
I guess i don't know what "Beat to hell" actually means.

Cuz i saw the Mocs knock out our #1 QB but still couldn't get off the field until almost a minute later.

I saw the Kat defense step up in the fourth and force red zone FGs and a turnover on downs to end it.

So seems to me like one team wore down and was beaten...but it wasn't the Orange team.

www.MKsavedAGS.com (http://www.MKsavedAGS.com)

I mean there's no doubt JB is going to be sore today but I will promise you BOTH of chatty's qb's are in the cold tub today as well. Benefield got up slow a lot towards the end and his backup took a monster shot the last play he was in. That was a physical game by both teams!!

PaladinFan
December 4th, 2016, 02:38 PM
After watching the Mocs in week 3, I suggested that they were a really good team, but may have had an Achilles heel against the pass. A couple times this season shifty receivers were able to find far too much space against their defensive backfield.

They had impressive pass defense numbers, but a lot of that may have been the byproduct of their elite defensive line. UTC is one of the few teams in the country that can get consistent pressure with four rushers. If you could block them up front, you could throw on them.

Bisonoline
December 4th, 2016, 02:39 PM
#buttuca

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/samhouston-Copy_zpsecce4ba5.gif

Mocs123
December 4th, 2016, 03:08 PM
They had impressive pass defense numbers, but a lot of that may have been the byproduct of their elite defensive line. UTC is one of the few teams in the country that can get consistent pressure with four rushers. If you could block them up front, you could throw on them.

I am not saying our DB's are bad, (I think our safties were a little better than our corners) but I agree that our numbers were probable skewed due to our exceptional D-Line. We were able to get pressure with 4 pretty consistently. Unfortunately we lose our 2 starting defensive ends and a part time starter at defensive tackle this year.

We do have some young guys that should step up, but with JSU on week 0, they will have to be ready quick and wont have time to ease in to anything.

PaladinFan
December 4th, 2016, 06:48 PM
I am not saying our DB's are bad, (I think our safties were a little better than our corners) but I agree that our numbers were probable skewed due to our exceptional D-Line. We were able to get pressure with 4 pretty consistently. Unfortunately we lose our 2 starting defensive ends and a part time starter at defensive tackle this year.

We do have some young guys that should step up, but with JSU on week 0, they will have to be ready quick and wont have time to ease in to anything.

Honest question - but do you think UTC has missed their window with this core group that has elevated them to a national contender?

Mocs123
December 4th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Honest question - but do you think UTC has missed their window with this core group that has elevated them to a national contender?

Maybe I am just being a a homer, but I don't think so. Huesman and Co have recruited really well and I think we have a really good team with quite a bit of depth. We do have some holes to fill however. We need a replacement for Craine, and that might be Bagley or it might not. I would not be surprised to see us attempt to recruit a beast of a running back and let them compete for the starting job as a freshman. We have a couple of holes to fill on the Oline, but we have two freshman that played some this year that look ready to step in. We are losing one of our safeties, but have several people that are ready to step in there. We need to replace Nakevian Leslie and I am not sure who will step up there, but that has been the case multiple times before and we have always had good ones step up. Lastly, we lose three starting D lineman, and while we have clear quality replacements at D Tackle, our replacement ends will be pretty untested. We have been here before though and have had great ends since Huesman has been here; from Beard, to Williams, to Tull, and this past year to Davis and McMillian. He redshirted this year, but I have a feeling Hawk Scheader(sp) is going to be a great one.

I do worry about two things: First, we lost two good coaches last year when Will Healy and Marcus West went to Austin Peay. They were our best recruiters and I am not sure we have seen the full effect of them leaving yet. On a side note, I think they will eventually build a decent program at AP.

I also worry that the rest of the SoCon is improving and it will be harder and harder to get in. Who is going to be worse in the conference next year? The Citadel looks just as strong next year, Samford looks to still be explosive, Wofford appears to be back, Mercer is improving, and Furman is closer than many think with the right coaching hire.

Our competition is improving and while not a bad thing, we have to keep up.

JSUSoutherner
December 4th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Maybe I am just being a a homer, but I don't think so. Huesman and Co have recruited really well and I think we have a really good team with quite a bit of depth. We do have some holes to fill however. We need a replacement for Craine, and that might be Bagley or it might not. I would not be surprised to see us attempt to recruit a beast of a running back and let them compete for the starting job as a freshman. We have a couple of holes to fill on the Oline, but we have two freshman that played some this year that look ready to step in. We are losing one of our safeties, but have several people that are ready to step in there. We need to replace Nakevian Leslie and I am not sure who will step up there, but that has been the case multiple times before and we have always had good ones step up. Lastly, we lose three starting D lineman, and while we have clear quality replacements at D Tackle, our replacement ends will be pretty untested. We have been here before though and have had great ends since Huesman has been here; from Beard, to Williams, to Tull, and this past year to Davis and McMillian. He redshirted this year, but I have a feeling Hawk Scheader(sp) is going to be a great one.

I do worry about two things: First, we lost two good coaches last year when Will Healy and Marcus West went to Austin Peay. They were our best recruiters and I am not sure we have seen the full effect of them leaving yet. On a side note, I think they will eventually build a decent program at AP.

I also worry that the rest of the SoCon is improving and it will be harder and harder to get in. Who is going to be worse in the conference next year? The Citadel looks just as strong next year, Samford looks to still be explosive, Wofford appears to be back, Mercer is improving, and Furman is closer than many think with the right coaching hire.

I agree with Healy and West making an impact. Austin Peay has already improved greatly over what they were. (yeah they were still 0-11 but they actually competed in their games this year, which is new). I'm eager to see what Healy can do with those guys in the future.

Mocs123
December 4th, 2016, 08:31 PM
I agree with Healy and West making an impact. Austin Peay has already improved greatly over what they were. (yeah they were still 0-11 but they actually competed in their games this year, which is new). I'm eager to see what Healy can do with those guys in the future.

Healy and West were both terrific recruiters. I was surprised they hired our WR coach to be the AP head coach, but I think he will do well. I had hopes he would take the OC job in a few years and eventually take over for Huesman when he retired.

West was a great DLine coach.

JSUSoutherner
December 4th, 2016, 08:33 PM
Healy and West were both terrific recruiters. I was surprised they hired our WR coach to be the AP head coach, but I think he will do well. I had hopes he would take the OC job in a few years and eventually take over for Huesman when he retired.

West was a great DLine coach.
Yeah, watching AP this year you could defintely see Healy's fingerprints in the offensive scheme. Give them a couple more years to build some recruiting depth and they should be a solid program once they get time to develop.

longtimemocfan
December 4th, 2016, 09:10 PM

You are right about the DB's one in particular. We lost our best cover corner before the season started for disciplinary reasons (Dee Virgin). His replacement though good in press coverage got beat repeatedly this year and I think 3 times for touchdowns against SHSU. As for as the championship window ? It will be back just not next year. We lose way too much not step back some...Starting RB, G,C, top 2 WR's on offense. 2 DE's, LB, S on defense. Depending on what list you look at that is at least 6 all conference players. Just going to be too hard for good replacements to step in and play at that level.

Sam_Kats
December 4th, 2016, 09:13 PM
Those DE's are special

longtimemocfan
December 4th, 2016, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE=Sam_Kats;2428552]Those DE's are special[/

We have capable replacements, but not nearly the pass rushers those 2 were.

chattownmocs
December 5th, 2016, 03:21 AM
You are right about the DB's one in particular. We lost our best cover corner before the season started for disciplinary reasons (Dee Virgin). His replacement though good in press coverage got beat repeatedly this year and I think 3 times for touchdowns against SHSU. As for as the championship window ? It will be back just not next year. We lose way too much not step back some...Starting RB, G,C, top 2 WR's on offense. 2 DE's, LB, S on defense. Depending on what list you look at that is at least 6 all conference players. Just going to be too hard for good replacements to step in and play at that level.

Why would we lose our C? And you are talking about WRs? Seriously. You think there is going to be any dropout whatsoever at wideout. There is no reason our offense shouldnot be hugely improved. WR should be better, bennifield can get alot better. Bagley is no Craine but he a Howes he can be a feature back. Again S? I don't know who is going to replace nettles but I doubt there will be a significant drop off. There is nothing wrong with the corners we have. They got beat by recievers who beat everyone. DE is the position of need. But if there aren't legit replacements, isaiah mack or taylor Reynolds can both be superb defensive ends.

PaladinFan
December 5th, 2016, 05:30 AM

Next year's SoCon looks like it will be a fun one to watch.

I have no idea what to think of ETSU. Furman whipped them like I haven't seen us whip a team in years, and then they won a couple conference games and potentially could have won another.

Not sure what to think about Samford. Lot of offense but starting to get to the point where they don't seem to meet expectations.

Mercer, I think, takes a step back. Lose 30 players from their first wave of seniors. They have a lot of talent, but I simply do not see how you can have that much turnover and not have a bit of a reset

Who knows what Furman will look like. We've got some talented players, but too many variables in the air right now.

The Pud
December 5th, 2016, 06:27 AM
Boy I see the Southland Conference getting much much better next year and beyond. SLC should have 3, maybe 4 teams in the playoffs next season.

milleniumkat
December 5th, 2016, 06:57 AM
Boy I see the Southland Conference getting much much better next year and beyond. SLC should have 3, maybe 4 teams in the playoffs next season.

🍿🍺

www.MKsavedAGS.com

Mocs123
December 5th, 2016, 07:32 AM
Thank you for posting that in a thread where nobody was talking about the SLC. You are such a knowledgeable and important contributor to AGS.

milleniumkat
December 5th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Thank you for posting that in a thread where nobody was talking about the SLC. You are such a knowledgeable and important contributor to AGS.

Well i don't see you policing all the shsu threads dominated by MVFC talk by their posters.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

Mocs123
December 5th, 2016, 08:15 AM
I have nothing to do with SHSU or the MVFC so guess what, I don't even go on those threads, much less stir s*** up as it doesn't concern me.

longtimemocfan
December 5th, 2016, 08:40 AM
Why would we lose our C? And you are talking about WRs? Seriously. You think there is going to be any dropout whatsoever at wideout. There is no reason our offense shouldnot be hugely improved. WR should be better, bennifield can get alot better. Bagley is no Craine but he a Howes he can be a feature back. Again S? I don't know who is going to replace nettles but I doubt there will be a significant drop off. There is nothing wrong with the corners we have. They got beat by recievers who beat everyone. DE is the position of need. But if there aren't legit replacements, isaiah mack or taylor Reynolds can both be superb defensive ends.

S = Safety and yes Cedric Nettles is a senior. In case you've zoned out Revis is graduating and not going to return for his senior season and he is the center.

Mocs123
December 5th, 2016, 09:03 AM
I imagine Tae Davis will replace Nettles. Travon Lawson or KJ Roper are other possibilities.

Center I am not sure about. I think Brian Marshall played C in HS and we do have a center committed in Clayton McConnell.

longtimemocfan
December 5th, 2016, 09:22 AM
I agree with Davis and Roper will see the field a lot more next year. The concerns I have the most is at defensive end, offensive line, running back and deep threats at wideout out.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

chattownmocs
December 5th, 2016, 06:38 PM
S = Safety and yes Cedric Nettles is a senior. In case you've zoned out Revis is graduating and not going to return for his senior season and he is the center.

That's dumb that revis is leaving early, I know what you meant by S. Just don't know why you think nettles was a world beater. The dropout would come after 2017 if anything.

The Pud
December 5th, 2016, 06:52 PM

You are most welcome sir.

PaladinFan
December 5th, 2016, 09:39 PM
That's dumb that revis is leaving early, I know what you meant by S. Just don't know why you think nettles was a world beater. The dropout would come after 2017 if anything.

It's dumb that a guy that got his degree and doesn't have a future in football decided to go do something else?

FUBeAR
December 5th, 2016, 09:48 PM
It's dumb that a guy that got his degree and doesn't have a future in football decided to go do something else?

YES, PaladinFan.

He OWES it to ChattttterTown to put his life on hold for a year and spend about a thousand hours lifting weights, running, banging his cranium into 300LB D-Lineman, puking during Winter/Fall workouts, exposing his knee and shoulder joints to often unbearable stresses, and keeping his body weight at an unnatural & often uncomfortable elevated level.

What's wrong with you man? Where are your priorities?

fmrbearkat
December 5th, 2016, 10:06 PM
That sophomore defensive tackle...#8 I think it was is going to be a beast if he puts a little extra work in he will be playing on Sunday's.

chattownmocs
December 5th, 2016, 11:24 PM

Yeah, because I'm sure that whatever he is going to go do is better than playing college football. Yes, I'd say it is. A decision he'll probably regret for the rest of his life.

chattownmocs
December 5th, 2016, 11:28 PM
YES, PaladinFan.

He OWES it to ChattttterTown to put his life on hold for a year and spend about a thousand hours lifting weights, running, banging his cranium into 300LB D-Lineman, puking during Winter/Fall workouts, exposing his knee and shoulder joints to often unbearable stresses, and keeping his body weight at an unnatural & often uncomfortable elevated level.

What's wrong with you man? Where are your priorities?

Oh, I'm sure playing college football is just such a miserable experience. Your a clown, I don't really care whether he plays or not. He's gonna be the one that has to live with the regret.

Twentysix
December 5th, 2016, 11:51 PM
Oh, I'm sure playing college football is just such a miserable experience. Your a clown, I don't really care whether he plays or not. He's gonna be the one that has to live with the regret.

No Regerts

FUBeAR
December 5th, 2016, 11:57 PM

Yep - A "clown" that has Played and Coached College Football. It's HARD and it HURTS; a lot. Personally, I wouldn't trade my 5th year of winning my 4th SoCon Championship Ring and making All SoCon for anything, but that doesn't make continuing to play after earning a degree the right decision for everyone.

Horribly disrespectful of you to criticize the young man's decision the way you did. He's been a 3 year starter for the Mocs and named All SoCon all 3 years. He's more than earned his scholarship and, apparently, his degree. The young man deserves nothing but praise and respect from UTC fans. I'm sure he has and will receive that from his Coaches, his Teammates, and from all of the many GOOD Chattanooga Football Fans.

Then, there's you.

fmrbearkat
December 6th, 2016, 12:43 AM

I heard a rumor that he liked Huntsville so much he decided to get a masters in criminal justice and play for a Real championship caliber team xcoffeex

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2016, 05:42 AM
Yep - A "clown" that has Played and Coached College Football. It's HARD and it HURTS; a lot. Personally, I wouldn't trade my 5th year of winning my 4th SoCon Championship Ring and making All SoCon for anything, but that doesn't make continuing to play after earning a degree the right decision for everyone.

Horribly disrespectful of you to criticize the young man's decision the way you did. He's been a 3 year starter for the Mocs and named All SoCon all 3 years. He's more than earned his scholarship and, apparently, his degree. The young man deserves nothing but praise and respect from UTC fans. I'm sure he has and will receive that from his Coaches, his Teammates, and from all of the many GOOD Chattanooga Football Fans.

Then, there's you.

Didn't you personally rip the entire chattanooga offensive line last year after Mercers big upset? So forgive me if I don't put much stock into your pathetic personal defense after that.

I'm proud for you that you were some bad ass offensive lineman back in the day. Actually I'm not, but you still seem to be living off of that experience. Here's in a reality check, the real world sucks a lot worse than playing or coaching college football. Ok clown? A lot of people would trade their careers and jobs and whatever else, just to play football for one year even at a little school like chattanooga.

And beyond that, your laughable sense of entitlement that you or any other college football players decisions can't be questioned because you played college football. Like thats some sort of sacrifice or personal favor to someone else. Please .

The Pud
December 6th, 2016, 06:24 AM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/columns/story/2016/aug/31/wiedmer-mocs-show-how-build-championship-cali/384247/

This article made me giggle.

FUBeAR
December 6th, 2016, 07:15 AM
Didn't you personally rip the entire chattanooga offensive line last year after Mercers big upset? So forgive me if I don't put much stock into your pathetic personal defense after that.

I'm proud for you that you were some bad ass offensive lineman back in the day. Actually I'm not, but you still seem to be living off of that experience. Here's in a reality check, the real world sucks a lot worse than playing or coaching college football. Ok clown? A lot of people would trade their careers and jobs and whatever else, just to play football for one year even at a little school like chattanooga.

And beyond that, your laughable sense of entitlement that you or any other college football players decisions can't be questioned because you played college football. Like thats some sort of sacrifice or personal favor to someone else. Please .

Doubtful that I "ripped" any Players and almost certain that I would not have singled out any individual as you did. Please feel free to quote the post you cite though & I guess we'll see.

But this is really not about me, is it? It's about you & your lack of respect for the young man in question.

I only mentioned my history because I have stood in that young man's shoes and can empathize with the difficult decision he has made.

Have you? If the answer is "No," then, as with 99% of your posts, you have absolutely no understanding of the subject about which you so freely opine.

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2016, 09:55 PM

Youre really a very angry person arent you. Sad to live a life like that.