PDA

View Full Version : Stacy Tutt making noise with the Jets

kardplayer
December 26th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Jets' rookies contributing, thanks to their versatility, by Randy Lange, Staff Writer, Bergen (NJ) Record

MIAMI -- One year ago, Brad Smith, Stacy Tutt and Wallace Wright didn't know each other, except as fairly bright lights in the 2005 college football universe.

Slowly but surely, their stars have aligned. The three Jets offensive rookies, all in uniform for the Christmas night game at Miami, have formed a triangle that represents one of the pillars upon which first-year coach Eric Mangini has rebuilt the Jets far faster than many thought possible: the principle of versatility.

The triangle's first two sides joined when Tutt, the Richmond quarterback...

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2JmZnYmVs N2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk3MDQ1MDgy

89Hen
December 26th, 2006, 09:54 AM
:thumbsup:

"If I went to the CFL, I'd probably be playing quarterback – probably in any other league except this one," Tutt said. "But I wanted to be here. I knew I'd have to change positions, but I didn't care. I played other positions before. To have the opportunity to play in this league is a privilege. I wanted to make the most of it."

Who da thunk that there would be a positive out of the stupid decision to move Tutt to WR at UR? :p

GRZZ
December 26th, 2006, 08:53 PM
QB turned full back is very interesting to me. If he establishes himself a bit it seems like he could be the main cog in a few trick plays.