PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Results - PRESEASON POLL - 2016 SEASON

Pages : 1 [2]

clenz
August 9th, 2016, 01:59 PM
I think the larger point is at 185 lbs you won't be able to last like a Zenner did. I don't care how great you are at slipping contact and avoiding big hits. You need some beef to absorb the beating over time.
This.

Bell was as shifty as it got. Kid was a beast, but you could just see it as games wore on that he got less effective or would miss a full series or two.

I know people love to poo poo the over the top reaction MVFC fans to our defense, but it's a damn grind...especially compared to Big Sky defenses.

geaux_sioux
August 9th, 2016, 01:59 PM
I think the larger point is at 185 lbs you won't be able to last like a Zenner did. I don't care how great you are at slipping contact and avoiding big hits. You need some beef to absorb the beating over time.

He's added 10 lbs so he's 180-185 right now. I assume he'll be around 200 for his senior year. He's not built like Zenner but their games are very different. Until durability is a problem for him it's not a concern of mine. Some guys are just durable. There are plenty of 300 lb would be monsters who are made of glass.

JSUSoutherner
August 9th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Right, there is always a chance things could be looking up for the conference, maybe if EIU gets back to 2013 level of play, and EKU finally decides to be as good as they can be, I would say that the OVC would be a solid conference. I also don't think that is impossible.
The conference is definitely trying to claw it's way out of the ooze. I think there are four different teams in the OVC not named JSU that it wouldn't surprise me if one of them get an at large. Would they do anything in the post season? Probably not. But getting teams into the playoffs is a good starting spot.

We will have to see if anything comes of it or if it's just a flash in the pan but I think the potential is definitely there for the OVC to step up their game as a conference in the future, especially with all the new coaches.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 9th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Chattown's post was gold. xnodx

Yeah, they can be very fun.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 9th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Right, there is always a chance things could be looking up for the conference, maybe if EIU gets back to 2013 level of play, and EKU finally decides to be as good as they can be, I would say that the OVC would be a solid conference. I also don't think that is impossible.

Honestly, I really do think the more OVC teams that taste some success is driving the conference into a higher standard than they had in the past. Can't be sure that is the reason but if a program does gain a more national perspective...it helps them out so much I think and if you get that with a few teams in a conference, the whole conference has to start trying to compete at that level.

I think the OVC does produce one good playoff team usually as of late (should be at least final 8) and in short order they very well might be gaining ground on the other traditional more power conferences.

BisonFan02
August 9th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Yeah, they can be very fun.

GTFO

Grizalltheway
August 9th, 2016, 03:08 PM
GTFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjlvR6jtg34

IBleedYellow
August 9th, 2016, 04:14 PM
He's added 10 lbs so he's 180-185 right now. I assume he'll be around 200 for his senior year. He's not built like Zenner but their games are very different. Until durability is a problem for him it's not a concern of mine. Some guys are just durable. There are plenty of 300 lb would be monsters who are made of glass.

He's in the Big Sky. He'll never have to deal with durability.

Grizalltheway
August 9th, 2016, 04:20 PM
He's in the Big Sky. He'll never have to deal with durability.

Yep, no one's ever been injured in the Big Sky...ever.

PantherRob82
August 9th, 2016, 05:42 PM

He was in the weight room all offseason. Are you sure he only added 10? Maybe you meant 100. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 9th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Yep, no one's ever been injured in the Big Sky...ever.

With the BSC having the best players and best teams in the FCS, good call with this statement.....

Daytripper
August 15th, 2016, 02:34 PM
The conference is definitely trying to claw it's way out of the ooze. I think there are four different teams in the OVC not named JSU that it wouldn't surprise me if one of them get an at large. Would they do anything in the post season? Probably not. But getting teams into the playoffs is a good starting spot.

We will have to see if anything comes of it or if it's just a flash in the pan but I think the potential is definitely there for the OVC to step up their game as a conference in the future, especially with all the new coaches.

You really need at least two consistent playoff teams in your conference. That makes sure there is always competition for the title, which keeps the edge for teams. The Southland is a long way from being a power conference, but with both SHSU and McNeese ranked every year and making the playoffs (and UCA making it tough on them every year), it helps the rep of the entire conference, even though (with the exception of the Bennett SELA teams and UCA) the rest of the conference is pretty bad.

POD Knows
August 15th, 2016, 02:43 PM
He was in the weight room all offseason. Are you sure he only added 10? Maybe you meant 100. xlolx

He only weighs 185 but will be playing at a "pissed off" 225 lbs.

clenz
August 15th, 2016, 03:00 PM
He only weighs 185 but will be playing at a "pissed off" 225 lbs.
The technical term is "hysterical strength".

dewey
August 16th, 2016, 08:05 AM
The technical term is "hysterical strength".

Dang it guys you don't understand how mad they were last year. Now they have been lifting weights, a completely new concept to any school, and are going to smash teams this year. LOL! That post and thread was such a goldmine it is unbelievable.

Dewey

F'N Hawks
August 16th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Dang it guys you don't understand how mad they were last year. Now they have been lifting weights, a completely new concept to any school, and are going to smash teams this year. LOL! That post and thread was such a goldmine it is unbelievable.

Dewey

xpopcornx

BEAR
August 16th, 2016, 09:09 AM
You really need at least two consistent playoff teams in your conference. That makes sure there is always competition for the title, which keeps the edge for teams. The Southland is a long way from being a power conference, but with both SHSU and McNeese ranked every year and making the playoffs (and UCA making it tough on them every year), it helps the rep of the entire conference, even though (with the exception of the Bennett SELA teams and UCA) the rest of the conference is pretty bad.

Imagine how frustrated Bear fans are being ONE game away nearly every year the past 3 years...We give up an easy one and are usually are beat up with no depth by the end of the conference year. But this team has never had a coach like Campbell before. He recruits bigger and faster players than Conque has ever done but I'll give it to Conque he had to do it transitioning from Division II to Division I on a sorry budget. But I have noticed the teams that make the playoffs from the SLC usually have an awesome QB.

POD Knows
August 16th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Imagine how frustrated Bear fans are being ONE game away nearly every year the past 3 years...We give up an easy one and flop in the tough one. But this team has never had a coach like Campbell before. He recruits bigger and faster players than Conque has ever done but I'll give it to Conque he had to do it transitioning from Division II to Division I on a sorry budget. But I have noticed the teams that make the playoffs from the SLC usually have an awesome QB.

This is why I pick you guys for the top 25, don't let me down.

BEAR
August 16th, 2016, 09:17 AM
This is why I pick you guys for the top 25, don't let me down.

Thanks for the enthusiasm. I think we will be top 25 during the year. We are young but we got skill players we've never had before. As a fan I'm optimistic but also realistic. It could be a playoff year or yet another second place finish. xlolx

HBU, Samford, NWST, and ACU to start the year we could be 4-1 (Samford makes me think 3-2). I've already written off the game against Arkansas State. xlolx