PDA

View Full Version : Bison loose in Eagle territory

clenz
July 28th, 2016, 10:28 PM
I can't wait to see how the smack to this game actually builds.

IBY is in Seattle for work. Tonight I randomly get a video snapchat from a completely sober version of himself of a giant wall of scaled down helmets for every football program in the state of Washington. He video starts with a random circle drawn and it and a slow zoom. The end result?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160729/6ed3b3d5fdcb6133042207d93e6111bd.jpg

No more than 5 minutes after I open that snap this conversation happened.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160729/9cb449c02ebdb3ede06e754001040705.jpg

Yeah....I can't wait to see what happens in a few weeks.

clenz
July 28th, 2016, 10:30 PM
Ursus, if I need to edit the photos a bit further to blur IBYs potty mouth I certainly will

IBleedYellow
July 28th, 2016, 10:31 PM
It's a good day.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
July 28th, 2016, 10:33 PM
Also, those helmets aren't scaled down...full size.

clenz
July 28th, 2016, 10:33 PM
Okay, well, looked scaled down in the snap

ursus arctos horribilis
July 28th, 2016, 10:35 PM
Well clenzy, it just really shouldn't be on the most public board we have I wouldn't think. If you at least put it on a board that people need an account to see, and knowing what is in those forums can choose I think we'd be on much more solid ground.

I'm moving it to the lounge. Fix it and I'll put it back here.

IBleedYellow
July 28th, 2016, 10:35 PM
Here's a picture of it... we're at CenturyLink Field for the night.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160729/420e0a0d1bc6a7efcae2ccf4afaadc4e.jpg

clenz
July 28th, 2016, 10:42 PM
Blurring of IBYs filthy mouth completed

BisonFan02
July 28th, 2016, 11:18 PM
If IBY doesn't do a vine vid of a steam of piss hitting that helmet, I'm going to be disappointed.

IBleedYellow
July 28th, 2016, 11:34 PM
If IBY doesn't do a vine vid of a steam of piss hitting that helmet, I'm going to be disappointed.
I have good pressure...but not 60 feet worth.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 28th, 2016, 11:56 PM
Blurring of IBYs filthy mouth completed

Thread transferred back.

BisonFan02
July 29th, 2016, 01:13 AM

Start climbing pussy. xlolx

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 07:06 AM
Start climbing pussy. xlolx

I would pay to watch that

TheRevSFA
July 29th, 2016, 07:28 AM

Sissy

Thumper 76
July 29th, 2016, 07:38 AM

Pee into a super soaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
July 29th, 2016, 07:53 AM
What the **** is this thread?

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Pee into a super soaker

Ingenuity

I like it

Thumper 76
July 29th, 2016, 07:57 AM

https://storage.googleapis.com/vidsums/b886c0b8-8010-4af9-82f9-4fc387a91d7d_text.gif

Thumper 76
July 29th, 2016, 07:59 AM
Ingenuity

I like it

Someone has to be a problem solver around here.

TheKingpin28
July 29th, 2016, 10:14 AM

google the rigged and completely biased "NDSU VS EWU playoff game 2010". Watch the last play of Brock Jensen as a QB and decide for yourself. Then you will understand why BisoNation completely hates and despises EWU. Had they won that game, there is a decent chance NDSU would have gone for their 7th straight title.

dewey
July 29th, 2016, 10:20 AM
google the rigged and completely biased "NDSU VS EWU playoff game 2010". Watch the last play of Brock Jensen as a QB and decide for yourself. Then you will understand why BisoNation completely hates and despises EWU. Had they won that game, there is a decent chance NDSU would have gone for their 7th straight title.

It was the 2010 quarterfinal game in Cheney Washington on that God awful red field.

JSU if you watch that game notice how NDSU had a 1st and 10 at about the EWU 35-40 and got 7 or so on 1st down. 2nd and 3 or so. Then got 1 or 2. Then 3rd and 1 or 2. EWU stuffed NDSU on third down. If NDSU gets the first down they win that game. NDSU then punts to EWU and to the Eagles credit they completed numerous 4th down conversions during their drive to tie the game.

That sent the game into OT.

Is the fumble call questionable....yes. However if NDSU took care of their business before it never would have happened.

I still hate EWU though. IBY get a super soaker or a "water/pee" balloon and let her fly.

Dewey

Grizalltheway
July 29th, 2016, 10:43 AM

What a bunch of spoiled brats. Get over it.xrolleyesx

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 29th, 2016, 10:51 AM

You need to STFU!!

Some still need to "vent"

As to the game, Kupp or no Kupp, the Bison steamroll the Eagles.

dewey
July 29th, 2016, 11:02 AM
As to the game, Kupp or no Kupp, the Bison steamroll the Eagles.

All five OL are new and young against an ALL-AMERICAN DE (Greg Menard), potential All-American DT (Nate Tanguay) and an ALL-AMERICAN MLB in Nick DeLuca and knowing the history of teams coming to the Fargodome for the first time this is going to be a whooping.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
July 29th, 2016, 11:05 AM

You assume that I am one of these "spoiled brats". News flash, when you assume it makes an ass out of JUST YOU. I can promise you I have gotten over it but I used BisoNation for the term that describes Bison fans, but not all fans. As has been said before and will continue to be said, my views might not be conformed with some of the more "die-hard fans" but that does not mean I do not stand by them. I am glad you can see my blood boiling over it though. Oh, and kiss the rings. :)

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 11:06 AM
All five OL are new and young against an ALL-AMERICAN DE (Greg Menard), potential All-American DT (Nate Tanguay) and an ALL-AMERICAN MLB in Nick DeLuca and knowing the history of teams coming to the Fargodome for the first time this is going to be a whooping.

Dewey
It's why, even with what UNI lost in the secondary, I feel good about that game.

LB Jared Farley (9 TFL last season)
DE Karter Schult (14 sacks 22.5 TFL last season)
DE Isaac Ales (8.5 sacks 16.5 TFL last season
LB Deshawn Dexter (11 TFL last season)

The way UNI produces LB and DL talent....man....it'll be tough for EWU to get a rhythm against the pressure UNI will bring.

dewey
July 29th, 2016, 11:33 AM
It's why, even with what UNI lost in the secondary, I feel good about that game.

LB Jared Farley (9 TFL last season)
DE Karter Schult (14 sacks 22.5 TFL last season)
DE Isaac Ales (8.5 sacks 16.5 TFL last season
LB Deshawn Dexter (11 TFL last season)

The way UNI produces LB and DL talent....man....it'll be tough for EWU to get a rhythm against the pressure UNI will bring.

I smell what you are cooking Clenz! The only way I see EWU keeping it close is if the UNI players are throwing up the entire game due to the color of the field.

Clenz please tell me this is the last LB named Farley for UNI. People can say what they want about HC Farley but the man certainly has the LB gene.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
July 29th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Good times.

Twentysix
July 29th, 2016, 11:51 AM
I hope the game is really close and Bill Fette blows a call so NDSU wins. :D

We have regular season Replay. xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
July 29th, 2016, 12:06 PM
I can't wait till I don't have to hear about Bill ****ing Fette multiple times a year

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 12:10 PM
I can't wait till I don't have to hear about Bill ****ing Fette multiple times a year

Literally never going to happen.

If we've learned anything from NDSU it's they will bitch about any real, or even perceived, slight until the end of time.

POD Knows
July 29th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Literally never going to happen.

If we've learned anything from NDSU it's they will bitch about any real, or even perceived, slight until the end of time.

All the slights against NDSU are real, didn't you get the memo.

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 12:20 PM
All the slights against NDSU are real, didn't you get the memo.
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/65/65ef8b42b99902756f24a8b369fdb68a800635621c7a39040b dbdc0e7442b56e.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0EZobdiJ4M

IBleedYellow
July 29th, 2016, 12:54 PM

Hahahaha hahahaha haha.

*Deep breath*

Never going to happen.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 29th, 2016, 01:28 PM

The lies you tell yourselves is comical. You got beat. That is that. You've made up for it since but the absolute lack of honesty by some of you is ridiculous BS.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 29th, 2016, 01:34 PM
I hope the game is really close and Bill Fette blows a call so NDSU wins. :D

We have regular season Replay. xthumbsupx

They had IR in that game last time didn't they?

dewey
July 29th, 2016, 01:34 PM
The lies you tell yourselves is comical. You got beat. That is that. You've made up for it since but the absolute lack of honesty by some of you is ridiculous BS.

I am glad you used the word "some" and not "all"xthumbsupx

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
July 29th, 2016, 01:35 PM
You assume that I am one of these "spoiled brats". News flash, when you assume it makes an ass out of JUST YOU. I can promise you I have gotten over it but I used BisoNation for the term that describes Bison fans, but not all fans. As has been said before and will continue to be said, my views might not be conformed with some of the more "die-hard fans" but that does not mean I do not stand by them. I am glad you can see my blood boiling over it though. Oh, and kiss the rings. :)

You say "you assume" as if you did not lead all reading to believe that was your take. You led us to that assumption, even dewey who would seem to have something more from your perspective as a take on it.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 29th, 2016, 01:36 PM
I am glad you used the word "some" and not "all"xthumbsupx

Dewey

Yes, then I turned the page and saw your post and was vindicated in my choice of words.

dewey
July 29th, 2016, 01:38 PM

I am fairly certain the fumble play was reviewed. The thing about that game is that provided great motivation for the team the next season and taught NDSU that they were good enough to play for a National Championship.

Dewey

Grizalltheway
July 29th, 2016, 01:39 PM

1. I wasn't addressing you specifically, but rather any and all Bison fans who are so dissatisfied with 5 national titles in a row that they feel the need to bitch about an allegedly rigged game that happened nearly 6 years ago.

2. Calling it a "biased and obviously rigged game" leads me to believe you are one of those fans. My bad if that's not the case.

3. Go ahead and kiss "my" rings too, since I had as much to do with the '95 and '01 national titles as you did with the last five. xthumbsupx

Twentysix
July 29th, 2016, 01:42 PM

yes it was a blown review by bill fette

Hence my post

ursus arctos horribilis
July 29th, 2016, 01:45 PM
I am fairly certain the fumble play was reviewed. The thing about that game is that provided great motivation for the team the next season and taught NDSU that they were good enough to play for a National Championship.

Dewey

Indeed.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 29th, 2016, 01:46 PM
yes it was a blown review by bill fette

Hence my post

Yeah it wasn't a blown review. I did completely misunderstand the context.

Twentysix
July 29th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Yeah it wasn't a blown review. I did completely misunderstand the context.

Worst travesty ever.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 29th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Worst travesty ever.

xlolx

Tell me about it. I have at least 5 NC's I can tell you about that we were robbed of. Two came our correct but it isn't vindication for the others.

JSUSoutherner
July 29th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Is this about the 'fumble' that came loose when Brock hit the ground?

TheKingpin28
July 29th, 2016, 04:06 PM
I can tell I hit a nerve with some of the people here. I did not know people could be so defensive

UNIFanSince1983
July 29th, 2016, 04:12 PM
It is funny that NDSU fans just assume they would have won the title after that.

It was a Quarterfinal game for crying out loud. Get over it...

BisonTru
July 29th, 2016, 04:16 PM
It is funny that NDSU fans just assume they would have won the title after that.

We have a hard time dealing with losing. To be fair tho, we are very inexperienced at dealing with defeat.

JSUSoutherner
July 29th, 2016, 04:17 PM

If they are this bent out of shape about 2010 imagine if they lost what would have been one of the biggest upsets in college football history.

https://vine.co/v/eFnaMpAWizD

That was a missed holding call vs Auburn. Roc Thomas scored a 51-yard TD that play. Should have been called back. If it would have been brought back we would have won.

THAT'S what really getting screwed looks like.

Grizalltheway
July 29th, 2016, 04:22 PM
We have a hard time dealing with losing. To be fair tho, we are very inexperienced at dealing with defeat.

Good point, I'm sure a decent percentage of BisoNation wasn't around for that 3-9 campaign...xreadx

UNIFanSince1983
July 29th, 2016, 04:22 PM

I mean I get it, but only to a certain point.

There are a lot of teams who would be claiming way more National Championships if we go back to a loss in a Quarterfinal game that was based on a questionable call. Heck if I went through I could find plenty of them for UNI.

It is like Cub fans and Bartman. Sure that play was big, but it was only game 6 and only the NLCS. There are plenty others. I know you only have the one playoff loss, but they way some of you guys act that was a play that cost you an NC. Turns out it was a QF game. Not the SF or even the NC. So there is no guarantee of anything even if you win that game.

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Good point, I'm sure a decent percentage of BisoNation wasn't around for that 3-9 campaign...xreadx
Announced attendance for the final home game of 2014 was ~70% capacity of the Fargodome, and if I'm not mistaken announced was a whole lot different than A.I.S. for that game.

Now they claim to have a 300 year waitlist and quarter million dollar minimum donation to get season tickets....

So....

Your claim is fairly accurate.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 29th, 2016, 04:35 PM
I can tell I hit a nerve with some of the people here. I did not know people could be so defensive

Actually yeah, you can get tired of hearing some fans whine about stuff. The way they rationalize, make up conspiracy crap, and you know act like infants on a game they lost. That can wear on you I suppose.

POD Knows
July 29th, 2016, 04:37 PM

I was, we got screwed in a bunch of games too. We could have easily been 5 and 7:D

ursus arctos horribilis
July 29th, 2016, 04:42 PM
I was, we got screwed in a bunch of games too. We could have easily been 5 and 7:D

That is fantastic. Damn good chuckle on that POD. xlolx

IBleedYellow
July 29th, 2016, 04:48 PM
I'm so glad totally sober me can start this topic of conversation with just a Snapchat.

POD Knows
July 29th, 2016, 04:59 PM
I'm so glad totally sober me can start this topic of conversation with just a Snapchat.

We are masters of the mundane and the insignificant

BisonTru
July 29th, 2016, 05:25 PM

Not most but a chunk of our fanbase has went from "I'll watch them if I'm around" to "I skip weddings in the fall if the Bison are on."

It'll be interesting how many of these fans stick around in more down years.

BisonTru
July 29th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Announced attendance for the final home game of 2014 was ~70% capacity of the Fargodome, and if I'm not mistaken announced was a whole lot different than A.I.S. for that game.

Now they claim to have a 300 year waitlist and quarter million dollar minimum donation to get season tickets....

So....

What game are you talking about? We've been sold out every game since 2011.

Single game tickets go on sale on Monday at 8am. They cost $35. I'll give you $65 for any tickets to any home games you can snag. Seats not standing room only, but SRO will sell out quickly also.

semobison
July 29th, 2016, 05:40 PM
It was the 2010 quarterfinal game in Cheney Washington on that God awful red field.

JSU if you watch that game notice how NDSU had a 1st and 10 at about the EWU 35-40 and got 7 or so on 1st down. 2nd and 3 or so. Then got 1 or 2. Then 3rd and 1 or 2. EWU stuffed NDSU on third down. If NDSU gets the first down they win that game. NDSU then punts to EWU and to the Eagles credit they completed numerous 4th down conversions during their drive to tie the game.

That sent the game into OT.

Is the fumble call questionable....yes. However if NDSU took care of their business before it never would have happened.

I still hate EWU though. IBY get a super soaker or a "water/pee" balloon and let her fly.

Dewey

I agree with Dewey. We didn't take care of business when we had the chance to put the game away. Lots of our fans also forget that It took EWU just one play to score in OT! ...Now, I do agree that the fumble was a bad call, but this game was a springboard to our ongoing dominance of FCS football. No complaints here!

TheKingpin28
July 29th, 2016, 06:27 PM
I remember that season in 09. My mom is from Fergus Falls so she was raised to at least follow them and keep an eye out for them. I remember touring that school and from who I talked to, the trend was that Bohl would have to produce and never let something like that happen again. Well history showed what happened but I will be making sure win or lose, this guy puts on his Gold and Green hat while knowing when homerism is getting in the way of logic. I look forward to seeing the bandwagon fall and seeing the dedicated stick around. When you are raised by a Tri-college mother and Hawkeye father, (grew up and spent 25+ years in Iowa City) you learn to dislike teams that need to be disliked.

Thumper 76
July 29th, 2016, 06:33 PM

It is the offseason

dewey
July 29th, 2016, 08:24 PM

Actually announced attendance for the final regular season game of 2014 against Youngstown State was 18696 and the capacity is 18700 or so. As far as I know there has been a season ticket wait list since before the 2013 season through this year.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 29th, 2016, 08:28 PM

So....

This whole statement is nonsense.

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 08:49 PM
Actually announced attendance for the final regular season game of 2014 against Youngstown State was 18696 and the capacity is 18700 or so. As far as I know there has been a season ticket wait list since before the 2013 season through this year.

Dewey

Meant 09, as referenced in the post I quoted

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 08:50 PM
This whole statement is nonsense.

Exaggerated on the air list but I shot you not, straight from Bison fans the only way to get season tickets this year is a quarter million dollar donation

BisonTru
July 29th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Exaggerated on the air list but I shot you not, straight from Bison fans the only way to get season tickets this year is a quarter million dollar donation

That's true if you don't currently have seats. I know one year they added 2 season ticket holders. One donated 200K the other a million.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 29th, 2016, 09:07 PM

There is a waiting list I have been told. Not sure of the exact numbers but I guess there are something like 1500 requests for like 5K season tickets. Never heard anything about that kind of donation to jump the line for tickets.....but who knows.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 29th, 2016, 09:08 PM
The Bison could probably run up to 20-22K season ticket holders if there was more room, IMO. I know a few people that just gave up after a few years of trying.

No way I'm giving up mine....xnodx.....for now....

dewey
July 29th, 2016, 09:25 PM
The Bison could probably run up to 20-22K season ticket holders if there was more room, IMO. I know a few people that just gave up after a few years of trying.

I went back and forth before the 2011 season about getting season tickets. I am certainly regretting that decision now.

Dewey

dewey
July 29th, 2016, 09:28 PM
Meant 09, as referenced in the post I quoted

Ok. That makes a lot more sense. Normally you are darn near spot on so I thought that was a little weird. There are NDSU fans that are completely full of it...just not me (I think anyways):D

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 29th, 2016, 09:33 PM
I went back and forth before the 2011 season about getting season tickets. I am certainly regretting that decision now.

Dewey

Ouch!

I take family and friends to games, if something comes up where I have a couple of extra I'll let you know...xthumbsupx

dewey
July 29th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Ouch!

I take family and friends to games, if something comes up where I have a couple of extra I'll let you know...xthumbsupx

Be ready for the largest man hug known to man. Possibly even a but slap if the mood strikes mexthumbsupx

My boys have loved tailgating for quite some time and our oldest is starting to like the idea of going to games with dad. It is tough because I ways want NDSU to win but if they win I will never sniff season tickets but if they lose I could get season tickets (probably). I know it is blasphemy to even entertain the idea.

Enough with this thread drift....F EWU and their God awful red field.

Dewey

BisonFan02
July 29th, 2016, 09:42 PM
The POD and I have 9 season tickets.... #kissourrings. xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 29th, 2016, 09:46 PM
The POD and I have 9 season tickets.... #kissourrings. xlolx

Lucky!!

How long? I've put in for any extras around my seats for years but nothing....gave up a couple of years ago..

Twentysix
July 29th, 2016, 09:47 PM
That's true if you don't currently have seats. I know one year they added 2 season ticket holders. One donated 200K the other a million.

They kill the current season ticket holder to open up the ticket, that's why it's a millon dollars.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 29th, 2016, 09:48 PM
Be ready for the largest man hug known to man. Possibly even a but slap if the mood strikes mexthumbsupx

My boys have loved tailgating for quite some time and our oldest is starting to like the idea of going to games with dad. It is tough because I ways want NDSU to win but if they win I will never sniff season tickets but if they lose I could get season tickets (probably). I know it is blasphemy to even entertain the idea.

Enough with this thread drift....F EWU and their God awful red field.

Dewey

xlolxxthumbsupx

1st on the list....xthumbsupx

Ditto on EWU!

Both the Bison and UNI will crush them. Bailey and Smith will both probably have 200 yards rushing like they did against Portland State last year in the playoffs. The UNI game is definitely one of the away games I'm going to.

BisonTru
July 29th, 2016, 10:14 PM
They kill the current season ticket holder to open up the ticket, that's why it's a millon dollars.

I believe you can transfer tickets down a generation. I suppose they can make sure it's a younger ticket holder with young kids or no kids. Getting kinda sadistic now.

Actually, IIRC, Gene Taylor gave up some of his personal seats to secure these big donations.

Bisonator
July 29th, 2016, 10:23 PM
A lot of things happened in that EWU game back in 2010. There were some real ****ty calls that went EWU's way but can't say that NDSU didn't have plenty of chances to win it anyway. The real ****ing tragedy was having to watch that game on TV and burning my retina's from the god awful field.

BisonTru
July 29th, 2016, 10:47 PM

Dewey

I'm in the same boat. Was working enough Saturday's I didn't want to commit to season tickets. The year I said screw it I'm not working Saturdays in the fall was the year they started turning people away.

Btw just a reminder single game go on sale Monday. I usually get a game or two that route. Except the year my internet went down that morning. That sucked.

WTFCollegefootballfan
July 29th, 2016, 10:58 PM

Fifth year in a row, no luck. I think I might give up. I know a couple that donated 5000 each a year for three years and never got tickets. They gave up.

WTFCollegefootballfan
July 29th, 2016, 11:00 PM

Dewey

Me too.

IBleedYellow
July 29th, 2016, 11:26 PM
All of us are...

dewey
July 29th, 2016, 11:50 PM
xlolxxthumbsupx

1st on the list....xthumbsupx

Ditto on EWU!

Both the Bison and UNI will crush them. Bailey and Smith will both probably have 200 yards rushing like they did against Portland State last year in the playoffs. The UNI game is definitely one of the away games I'm going to.

Drive down to the twin cities and we can car pool down there. Then we can crash at Clenz placexdrunkyx

Dewey

UNIFanSince1983
July 30th, 2016, 07:55 AM
I remember that season in 09. My mom is from Fergus Falls so she was raised to at least follow them and keep an eye out for them. I remember touring that school and from who I talked to, the trend was that Bohl would have to produce and never let something like that happen again. Well history showed what happened but I will be making sure win or lose, this guy puts on his Gold and Green hat while knowing when homerism is getting in the way of logic. I look forward to seeing the bandwagon fall and seeing the dedicated stick around. When you are raised by a Tri-college mother and Hawkeye father, (grew up and spent 25+ years in Iowa City) you learn to dislike teams that need to be disliked.

Oh makes sense now you have too much Hawkeye in you ;)

clenz
July 30th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Oh makes sense now you have too much Hawkeye in you ;)

It's the worst of afflictions. It really is

POD Knows
July 30th, 2016, 08:47 AM
It's the worst of afflictions. It really is

It is possible to cure this affliction through continuous breeding with species other than Hawkeye homers as a means to flush it out of the bloodstream or is incurable once it is in the DNA.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2016, 11:15 AM
My family has been boosters since the 50s for Hawkeye sports and they have front row tickets on the 45yd line of the home side. One can never have enough Hawkeye blood in them. I am just glad I get to watch NDSU and Iowa go head to head finally. Been a long time coming and I am just glad NDSU got to whoop Iowa State's ass. I can't describe how much I despise the Red and Gold.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 30th, 2016, 11:54 AM
My family has been boosters since the 50s for Hawkeye sports and they have front row tickets on the 45yd line of the home side. One can never have enough Hawkeye blood in them. I am just glad I get to watch NDSU and Iowa go head to head finally. Been a long time coming and I am just glad NDSU got to whoop Iowa State's ass. I can't describe how much I despise the Red and Gold.

The Hawkeyes will be tough at home but I think the Bison have a decent chance in this one. Iowa has a ton coming back on defense so hopefully Stick can move the chains with his arm. They also have 3 returning OL, so I suspect they will try to run the ball.

It will be a fun game to watch.

dudeitsaid
July 30th, 2016, 11:09 PM
It brings me much joy to see how much you all despise our red field. Couldn't ask for a better response.

That being said, this year will likely not be EWU's best. They have some incredible challenges, especially on the OL as has been noted. And I won't believe the defense has improved to the level necessary until I see it happen with my own eyes. That being said, we have plenty of playmakers, and a hell of a HC that has already been game planning around our challenges. I know as long as that is the case, EWU will always have a chance.

So for that, I won't be puffing out my chest, and laying down a lot of smack from my end.

But please, shut up about losing the game in 2010 already. Sheesh! Every team in the world has been on the losing end of what they perceived to be bad calls. Maybe it was a bad call, maybe it wasn't. I really don't think there was strong enough video evidence to overturn the call on the field. Sorry, that stuff happens in football. Enjoy your 5 NC's. If that play was part of the motivation that helped get you there, the last thing I'd be doing is still dwelling on it. A perceived shafting can be one of the most powerful motivators.

Twentysix
July 31st, 2016, 12:17 AM
It brings me much joy to see how much you all despise our red field. Couldn't ask for a better response.

That being said, this year will likely not be EWU's best. They have some incredible challenges, especially on the OL as has been noted. And I won't believe the defense has improved to the level necessary until I see it happen with my own eyes. That being said, we have plenty of playmakers, and a hell of a HC that has already been game planning around our challenges. I know as long as that is the case, EWU will always have a chance.

So for that, I won't be puffing out my chest, and laying down a lot of smack from my end.

But please, shut up about losing the game in 2010 already. Sheesh! Every team in the world has been on the losing end of what they perceived to be bad calls. Maybe it was a bad call, maybe it wasn't. I really don't think there was strong enough video evidence to overturn the call on the field. Sorry, that stuff happens in football. Enjoy your 5 NC's. If that play was part of the motivation that helped get you there, the last thing I'd be doing is still dwelling on it. A perceived shafting can be one of the most powerful motivators.

Red chiclet attack!!!! :p

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 31st, 2016, 07:44 AM

Well said.

I bet most Bison fans are eagerly awaiting this game with EWU. If the Eagles cannot protect their QB and give him some time, even if they are in the shotgun the whole game, they will get run off the field. EWU's defense has been porous and pathetic since their '10 title year and I do not expect that to be turned around 180 degrees by this game. The Eagle defense will get a steady dose of power run and play action pass. I'm sure Baldwin will sell out to try and stop the run but Stick is a very good runner and he will probably have a huge game with his legs. If he gets by the 1st level of defenders he is gone. Make the Bison beat you through the air.....although that is easier said than done.

EWU runs a 4-2-5 defensive alignment right? Great for defending passing teams in the Big Sky but not power running teams like NDSU. This game will be won by NDSU in the 2nd half. EWU's defense will be gassed and their young OL will have a really tough time IMO, with the Bison front seven. Menard (DE) is going to get double teamed by EWU, along with Tanguay (DT); that will leave Ambrious (DE) and Steidl (DT) one on one.....xhurrayx which will leave the Bison LBs free to cover or bring and extra man for pressure.

It will be fun watching how the Bison defend Kupp. If the Eagles have no time to pass he will be non-existent in this game. The Bison will probably roll the coverage to his side but I bet they play their normal Tampa-2 to see how the CBs do against him. But with the Bison returning 6/7 of their front 7 from last year, I do not believe EWU will be able to much of anything against this defense. I could be wrong....but I doubt it......

Last year's playoff games:

Montana - 6 points and 235 total yards

UNI - 13 points and 221 total yards

Richmond - 7 points and 209 total yards

Jacksonville State - 10 points and 204 total yards

With 8 back on defense, I think the Bison will be able to handle whatever EWU has to throw at them.

I cannot wait for this game!!

IBleedYellow
July 31st, 2016, 09:32 AM

At this point I just say it because it's fun to poke the bears of NDSU fans that get grumpy and still hold a grudge about it.

We won 5. In a row. Who cares about one bad call at this point. We had a chance to win that game on the final drive of the game and couldn't stop ya.

Hammersmith
July 31st, 2016, 10:10 AM

And that's why Bison fans remember it.

While there's a small kernel of real anger at the heart of it, I think most Bison fans play up the anger mostly for humorous effect. That doesn't always come through on the internet.

Most fanbases have a library of "shared moments". Moments where the entire fanbase had the same emotion at the same time. Sometimes it's positive, sometimes it's negative. Stanford Band. Wide Right. Magic City Miracle. These moments help tie you together with the fan sitting next to you even if you know nothing else about them. Just mentioning the moment brings back the feelings you had at that time. You commiserate or celebrate a bit to share the experience, then you move on. To an outsider, it looks like complaining or gloating, but it's really not. It's a bonding experience.

Bison fans have had several of these moments in recent years. The FG at Montana in 2003. The pass vs. SHSU in 2007. The Drive at KSU. The stand vs. GSU in 2012. The "fumble" at EWU in 2010. Thankfully, they've mostly been positive. That's probably why we remember the negative ones so well. Especially the "fumble". The other major negatives weren't moments, they were entire games. Not as easy to pin an emotion to them. SDSU 2007. UNI 2014. USD 2015.

Twentysix
July 31st, 2016, 12:05 PM
There is a kernel of truth to it, but it is definitely a schtick too.

Bisonator
July 31st, 2016, 01:54 PM
http://i2.wp.com/soshable.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Mad-as-Hell.jpg

Bisonoline
July 31st, 2016, 08:48 PM

Theres an old adage that you never allow the refs to be in a position to determine the out come of a game. NDSU didnt do that. They couldnt finish. They couldnt stop EWU from marching down the field and scoring.
Was it a bad call? Yes. But thats show biz. You stop them from marching down the the field after youve taken the lead the refs dont come in to play and you dont need last minute herorics to pull it out.

This whole revenge thing is comical to me. Nobody on either team from that game is playing. There really isnt a rivalry so I dont understand what the big deal is.