PDA

View Full Version : Ivy Voy Board Down

Go Green
June 2nd, 2016, 04:57 PM
I'm amazed it still exists.

It's been down for days before. But if it doesn't come back, we can expect a lot of those regulars to start posting here.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 2nd, 2016, 05:55 PM

It's been down for days before. But if it doesn't come back, we can expect a lot of those regulars to start posting here.

Unless some wiseacre starts a new one. *cough*

Ivytalk
June 2nd, 2016, 06:53 PM

All three of them?

bonarae
June 2nd, 2016, 07:16 PM
It's back... once again.

Should we find a way to lure them back to national boards such as this? We have had tried but failed... somewhat.

RichH2
June 3rd, 2016, 07:56 AM
It's back... once again.

Should we find a way to lure them back to national boards such as this? We have had tried but failed... somewhat.
Leave the Club? Not too likely. When or if IL schedules outside its comfort zone,more Ivy fans may get interested in AGS.

RichH2
June 3rd, 2016, 09:18 AM
Just tried to go to voy forum from phone . Nope. ???

GateRaider63
June 6th, 2016, 08:03 AM
Colgate's old Voy is still down too. Thankfully, there is a new one...

http://colgatesports.myfastforum.org/

xcoolx

Son of Eli
June 7th, 2016, 08:05 PM
I think Observor brought the site down rather than having to face postings regarding Yale's excellent new class which was announced last week.

Go...gate
June 8th, 2016, 12:10 AM
I think Observer brought the site down rather than having to face postings regarding Yale's excellent new class which was announced last week.

Yep. xcoachx

Go Green
June 8th, 2016, 07:41 AM
We got to figure out how to get the word to the Ivy regulars that this Board exists. Any suggestions and efforts welcome...

Son of Eli
June 8th, 2016, 07:53 AM
We got to figure out how to get the word to the Ivy regulars that this Board exists. Any suggestions and efforts welcome...

Agreed. I will post it on portal 31 and the Yalefb blog.

bulldog10jw
June 8th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Agreed. I will post it on portal 31 and the Yalefb blog.

Who we really need to recruit are the Columbia people who post on VoyForums. I would miss their enthusiasm and optimism in the face of history and reality.

voy vey
June 9th, 2016, 02:39 PM
A voy refugee, here....I knew about this place for a while, but never registered until it recently became apparent that all of Voy was down for an extended period, or forever.

I was 'voy vey' over there.

bulldog10jw
June 9th, 2016, 02:47 PM
A voy refugee, here....I knew about this place for a while, but never registered until it recently became apparent that all of Voy was down for an extended period, or forever.

Welcome. Glad to have another Voy(eur) on AGS

Go Green
June 9th, 2016, 03:41 PM
I wish I knew the identities of others. I'm missing the gang of Asia, Holtsledge, Sprint, foehi, remember it well, sparman, Observer (yes him) and many others....

Son of Eli
June 9th, 2016, 04:05 PM

Glad to see you here Andrew. Although its too bad you have to give up a screen name as good as Voy Vey.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 9th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Glad to see you here Andrew. Although its too bad you have to give up a screen name as good as Voy Vey.

He didn't have to. It's available here.

Son of Eli
June 9th, 2016, 04:15 PM
I wish I knew the identities of others. I'm missing the gang of Asia, Holtsledge, Sprint, foehi, remember it well, sparman, Observer (yes him) and many others....

I miss them all too. My favorites who are missing are observer, Observer, Remember it Well, Calvin, Sparman and Memphis Bill, in that order. The observer-Observer battles were epic.

bulldog10jw
June 9th, 2016, 04:16 PM

More than once, Observer mentioned his distaste for this website and the "common folk" (my term since I forgot his exact words) that post here.

Son of Eli
June 9th, 2016, 04:20 PM
More than once, Observer mentioned his distaste for this website and the "common folk" (my term since I forgot his exact words) that post here.

He's been on this board before under the name Crimson Fan. He got run off in around 30 minutes when he called the FCS "Losers".

clenz
June 9th, 2016, 04:27 PM
I'll squat on Voy Vey and sell it for a $50 donation to AGS....

- - - Updated - - -

He's been on this board before under the name Crimson Fan. He got run off in around 30 minutes when he called the FCS "Losers".
That's asking to get run off.

clenz
June 9th, 2016, 04:29 PM
On an actual driving Ivy discussion on this side note...anyone wanting to collab on a season long Ivy project?

Send me a PM...Thanks.

voy vey
June 9th, 2016, 05:38 PM
I thought about using it, but didn't know (not having spent much time lurking here) how other fora were tolerated (some places I visit are rather touchy about things like that).
I figured using a handle so closely tied to another forum might be "improper etiquette." :)

Go Green
June 9th, 2016, 05:46 PM

That sounds like him, all right. :)

Go Green
June 9th, 2016, 05:47 PM
I figured using a handle so closely tied to another forum might be "improper etiquette." :)

No one has given me grief... at least not for that. :)

clenz
June 9th, 2016, 05:57 PM
I thought about using it, but didn't know (not having spent much time lurking here) how other fora were tolerated (some places I visit are rather touchy about things like that).

This board and etiquette aren't entirely synonymous

ursus arctos horribilis
June 9th, 2016, 06:04 PM

AB, first I should have said welcome. Glad to have ya.

Next thing you should know. AGS is pretty tolerant and there are some etiquette's but they are mostly FCS Discussion board related. The rest...nobody really gives a **** for the most part. If they do they report to me and I say to them "I don't give a ****"...for the most part.

Always best to walk in slowly and survey the crowd as you are though. After the "getting to know you" phase I'm sure you will notice a pretty loose existence is the best fit around here.

PM me if you want a name change. I can fix that, or leave it as it is.xthumbsupx

RichH2
June 9th, 2016, 09:55 PM
Asia and Sprint. Miss those 2 the most. Hope,they can find their way here.

superman7515
June 9th, 2016, 10:30 PM
If these Voyfugees are allowed to take up residence in our grand community, think of all the lost jobs amongst the whine and cheese Patriot League fans who would no longer be able to spend their pixelated prose currency regaling us with tales of how they may be ghastly in football, but at least they have the highest academics on the board. Our own microcosm of AGS North Korea, led by Kim Jong-Lfn, constantly held down by the repressive hand of these American Colonials and their Athletic Association, where were it not for that grandest of human tragedies, the academic index, surely there would be no greater game this side of Bedlam than those in Bethlehem. Alexis de Tocqueville warned us of this very moment nearly 200 years ago, "The happy and powerful do not go into exile," and yet exile themselves have the Ivy's done. No longer happy, nor powerful upon the gridiron, they return to us with outstretched hand as an addict looking for a quick fix, a rush of adrenaline in their ability to once again look down upon the Patsy's, and the Pioneers, and the MEACie's, and the fruit bats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals of AGS. If we do not stop the trickle now, it will soon become a stream, and then a rushing river, and before you know it, these lands will not be your own. You will look back upon this moment, when the Voyfugees had but one neck and you all had the ability to lay your hands upon it, and wonder why you did not hoist the black flag and seize that opportunity.

POD Knows
June 9th, 2016, 10:40 PM
If these Voyfugees are allowed to take up residence in our grand community, think of all the lost jobs amongst the whine and cheese Patriot League fans who would no longer be able to spend their pixelated prose currency regaling us with tales of how they may be ghastly in football, but at least they have the highest academics on the board. Our own microcosm of AGS North Korea, led by Kim Jong-Lfn, constantly held down by the repressive hand of these American Colonials and their Athletic Association, where were it not for that grandest of human tragedies, the academic index, surely there would be no greater game this side of Bedlam than those in Bethlehem. Alexis de Tocqueville warned us of this very moment nearly 200 years ago, "The happy and powerful do not go into exile," and yet exile themselves have the Ivy's done. No longer happy, nor powerful upon the gridiron, they return to us with outstretched hand as an addict looking for a quick fix, a rush of adrenaline in their ability to once again look down upon the Patsy's, and the Pioneers, and the MEACie's, and the fruit bats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals of AGS. If we do not stop the trickle now, it will soon become a stream, and then a rushing river, and before you know it, these lands will not be your own. You will look back upon this moment, when the Voyfugees had but one neck and you all had the ability to lay your hands upon it, and wonder why you did not hoist the black flag and seize that opportunity.

The hell you say?

Son of Eli
June 9th, 2016, 10:41 PM

Let let me guess. You're voting for Trump.:)

Bisonoline
June 9th, 2016, 10:42 PM

Build a wall.

Son of Eli
June 9th, 2016, 10:48 PM
Don't forget the Ivy League schools invented this game we all love. Look at it as a coming home.

Bisonoline
June 9th, 2016, 11:04 PM
Don't forget the Ivy League schools invented this game we all love. Look at it as a coming home.

What have you done lately??????:D

OBTW---welcome.

Son of Eli
June 9th, 2016, 11:11 PM

OBTW---welcome.

Thanks. The Ivy League is currently leading the way in concussion prevention. Dartmouth has invented a robot tackling dummy and the league has officially banned all in season practice tackling. These are innovations for player safety which are likely to be instituted across all levels of the sport eventually.

Bisonoline
June 9th, 2016, 11:56 PM
Thanks. The Ivy League is leading the way in concussion prevention. Dartmouth has invented a robot tackling dummy and the league has officially banned all in season practice tackling. These are innovations for player safety which will be instituted across the sport eventually at all levels.

I guess if you dont tackle anyone theres no need to practice it. xthumbsupx

Son of Eli
June 10th, 2016, 12:00 AM
I guess if you dont tackle anyone theres no need to practice it. xthumbsupx

You would think. But actually Dartmouth had the best defense in the League last year just using their robot for tackling drills.

Bisonoline
June 10th, 2016, 12:16 AM
You would think. But actually Dartmouth had the best defense in the League last year just using their robot for tackling drills.

Yeah but it IS the Ivy. Sure you want to hang your hat on that?:)

Truth is very few teams go live during the season unless they need to refresh some fundamentals.

Go...gate
June 10th, 2016, 12:26 AM

Welcome, voy vey!

Go...gate
June 10th, 2016, 12:30 AM

Agreed.

Go...gate
June 10th, 2016, 12:41 AM

Yes, and referred to the Patriot League as having lowered itself to admitting "salaried athletes" because we had instituted scholarships in a number of sports.

Go Green
June 10th, 2016, 05:05 AM

We split the Lambert three ways among ourselves. :)

http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=11600&ATCLID=210671190

superman7515
June 10th, 2016, 05:52 AM
And I awaken this morning to find it is already too late. Behold a pale horse... This forum has apparently been taken over, conquered if you will, by a master race of giant nerds masquerading as football fans. It's difficult to tell from this vantage point whether they will lay waste to the entire site or merely enslave us all. One thing is for certain. There is no stopping them; the Voyfugees will soon be here. And I, for one, welcome our new Ivy overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted AGS personality, I could be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground comic book collection bunkers or suit up in the so-called "robot" tackling dummy.

DatDude
June 10th, 2016, 06:24 AM
And I awaken this morning to find it is already too late. Behold a pale horse... This forum has apparently been taken over, conquered if you will, by a master race of giant nerds masquerading as football fans. It's difficult to tell from this vantage point whether they will lay waste to the entire site or merely enslave us all. One thing is for certain. There is no stopping them; the Voyfugees will soon be here. And I, for one, welcome our new Ivy overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted AGS personality, I could be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground comic book collection bunkers or suit up in the so-called "robot" tackling dummy.MY favorite poster, the comedy is pure genius!xthumbsupxxdrunkyx

bulldog10jw
June 10th, 2016, 06:37 AM
And I awaken this morning to find it is already too late. Behold a pale horse... This forum has apparently been taken over, conquered if you will, by a master race of giant nerds masquerading as football fans. It's difficult to tell from this vantage point whether they will lay waste to the entire site or merely enslave us all. One thing is for certain. There is no stopping them; the Voyfugees will soon be here. And I, for one, welcome our new Ivy overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted AGS personality, I could be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground comic book collection bunkers or suit up in the so-called "robot" tackling dummy.

Who are you again? xconfusedx

crimsonfan
June 10th, 2016, 07:03 AM
Not "professional" athletes, but "salaried" athletes.

superman7515
June 10th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Who are you again? xconfusedx

It's clear that as with the Ivy League as a whole, Harvard will also be in charge of this post-Apocalyptic AGS world of Voyfugees. I won't deign to answer questions from a Yale man.

RichH2
June 10th, 2016, 10:03 AM

Just to be clear ,Ivies are supposedly the effete elitist bunch. Confused a bit after reading your last 2 posts. It would seem that the Gucci workboots are yours . Not theirs.

bulldog10jw
June 10th, 2016, 10:52 AM
It's clear that as with the Ivy League as a whole, Harvard will also be in charge of this post-Apocalyptic AGS world of Voyfugees. I won't deign to answer questions from a Yale man.

By the way, did you need spell check when you wrote "deign". xpeacex :D

POD Knows
June 10th, 2016, 10:58 AM
By the way, did you need spell check when you wrote "deign". xpeacex :D

I had to look it up, can't honestly say I have ever seen the word used in a sentence. Well played, Superman.

crimsonfan
June 10th, 2016, 11:00 AM
I thought Yale was dropping the English requirement.

bulldog10jw
June 10th, 2016, 11:10 AM
I thought Yale was dropping the English requirement.

Spanish and Arabic are required now as we look to the future.

Go Green
June 10th, 2016, 12:45 PM

Also worth mentioning is that all 11 Dartmouth defensive starters got some recognition on the All-Ivy team last season.

Go...gate
June 11th, 2016, 12:20 AM
Not "professional" athletes, but "salaried" athletes.

Noted. I amended my post to change the term.

I believe we will have to agree to disagree.

voy vey
June 13th, 2016, 01:22 PM
This board and etiquette aren't entirely synonymous

AB, first I should have said welcome. Glad to have ya.

Next thing you should know. AGS is pretty tolerant and there are some etiquette's but they are mostly FCS Discussion board related. The rest...nobody really gives a **** for the most part. If they do they report to me and I say to them "I don't give a ****"...for the most part.

Always best to walk in slowly and survey the crowd as you are though. After the "getting to know you" phase I'm sure you will notice a pretty loose existence is the best fit around here.

PM me if you want a name change. I can fix that, or leave it as it is.xthumbsupx
Glad to hear it. Not that I was planning to plop down on the AGS couch in only my boxers and commandeer the remote. But it's always more fun to visit a site that isn't run by "Soup Nazi" types, IYKWIM.xthumbsupx

Go Green
June 13th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Apparently voy has issued a statement saying that it hopes to be back up soon.

Will believe it when I see it....

Son of Eli
June 13th, 2016, 10:30 PM

We should start a pool to predict who will be the first person to post on the site once it's back up.

Son of Eli
June 14th, 2016, 08:18 PM
New Ivy League rules were adopted restricting the time student athletes can spend on sports.

http://www.fresnobee.com/sports/article82834022.html

Bisonoline
June 14th, 2016, 10:00 PM
"""The first change gives student-athletes a 10-hour window of no athletic activity following their return from a road trip""""

Really? Only 10 hours? Not much of a breather.

Go...gate
June 15th, 2016, 01:56 AM
Good move, though I am troubled that a need was detected for such a regulation.

bonarae
June 15th, 2016, 05:54 AM
Good move, though I am troubled that a need was detected for such a regulation.

I agree, but the regulation is quite overdue, because the NCAA is alarmed by the sad rates of student-athletes' academic performances.

Son of Eli
June 15th, 2016, 04:36 PM

I'm getting a 404 error now instead of the server is not responding error. Look's like it's gone for good. There will be no going home for us. I hope more voy refugees will migrate over to AGS. I assume we'll see some more once the season starts.

bulldog10jw
June 15th, 2016, 04:42 PM
I'm getting a 404 error now instead of the server is not responding error. Look's like it's gone for good. There will be no going home for us. I hope more voy refugees will migrate over to AGS. I assume we'll see some more once the season starts.

I'm still seeing this:

Network Downtime Notice VoyForums(tm)/www.voy.com has been experiencing a severe upstream network downage, as a result of an upstream network misconfiguration not under Voyager's control. The network block has affected We are actively working on migrating to get the site accessible while the network problems are resolved. (This page is a part of that process, and if you see it, it means our attempts are experiencing success.) We've never experienced such downtime in over 22 years of operation, and are dreadfully sorry for the problem, the issues it has caused, and the prolonged issue with resolving it. Be assured, our computers, your forums, and your message data, are all in-tact -- it is just a network issue.

Son of Eli
June 15th, 2016, 04:52 PM
I'm still seeing this:

Network Downtime Notice VoyForums(tm)/www.voy.com has been experiencing a severe upstream network downage, as a result of an upstream network misconfiguration not under Voyager's control. The network block has affected We are actively working on migrating to get the site accessible while the network problems are resolved. (This page is a part of that process, and if you see it, it means our attempts are experiencing success.) We've never experienced such downtime in over 22 years of operation, and are dreadfully sorry for the problem, the issues it has caused, and the prolonged issue with resolving it. Be assured, our computers, your forums, and your message data, are all in-tact -- it is just a network issue.

I guess it affected their ability to write a complete sentence too.

crimsonfan
June 15th, 2016, 06:07 PM
They're working on the server now. You can find the site HERE at the moment: http://www.voy.com/152805/

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - Please bear with us -- we have migrated our servers to continue providing access to our site while a prolonged network downage, not under our control, is corrected. Forum access may be limited while we configure the new servers. Details will be posted as time provides.

Go Green
June 16th, 2016, 05:20 AM
The Voy Board appears to be back up.... at least for now.

voy vey
June 17th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Thanks to some "man behind the curtain" activity by ursus, my handle here has been changed to match my Voy Ivy Board identity. (Thank you, sir!)

I was going to guess Sprint66 as the first poster once the Voy forum revived, but it looks like crimsonfan (a.k.a. upper-case-Observer) took that title.

Despite the revival, I'm inclined to spend more time here than there, simply due to the fact that the user interface on that forum is state-of-the-art, circa 1986. vBulletin is so much more user-friendly. (Andn the Captcha's here are a lot more readable, too!)