PDA

View Full Version : Former ILS player Reggie Lynch

OSBF
May 10th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Played 1 year at ILS then transferred to Minnesota

Can't blame him for doing so, he was a Minnesota kid that didn't get a look from them out of HS, proved he could play at the DI level, all of a sudden they were interested

Suspended under an accusation of sexual assult

Too bad for Reg that he transferred, had he stayed at ILS and done this nothing would of been done to him....................

clenz
May 10th, 2016, 07:59 AM
Played 1 year at ILS then transferred to Minnesota

Can't blame him for doing so, he was a Minnesota kid that didn't get a look from them out of HS, proved he could play at the DI level, all of a sudden they were interested

Suspended under an accusation of sexual assult

Too bad for Reg that he transferred, had he stayed at ILS and done this nothing would of been done to him....................
Not even an extra killer after practice.

OSBF
May 10th, 2016, 09:46 AM
http://www.startribune.com/gophers-basketball-player-jailed-on-suspicion-of-sexual-assault/378589166/

OSBF
May 10th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Not even an extra killer after practice.

Clenzy you don't know the 1/2 of it
That was a very dark time for ILS basketball, had several ugly incidents in a short period of time, some reported, some not
Had the player that beat somebody up outside a bar in the wee hours of the morning
Had the player that knocked his GF around
Had the women's basketball player that suddenly left not only the program but the university, then her BF, a mens player was declared academically ineligible, in the middle of a semester
That can happen in HS, but as I understand eligibility at the college level, you're either eligible or ineligible a semester at a time, those decisions don't happen midstream
Too many incidents in a very short period of time all with an underwhelming institutional response

When the pressure is on to win and win big right now some funky things can go down
Hopefully Mueller is making better decisions these days

clenz
May 10th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Clenzy you don't know the 1/2 of it
That was a very dark time for ILS basketball, had several ugly incidents in a short period of time, some reported, some not
Had the player that beat somebody up outside a bar in the wee hours of the morning
Had the player that knocked his GF around
Had the women's basketball player that suddenly left not only the program but the university, then her BF, a mens player was declared academically ineligible, in the middle of a semester
That can happen in HS, but as I understand eligibility at the college level, you're either eligible or ineligible a semester at a time, those decisions don't happen midstream
Too many incidents in a very short period of time all with an underwhelming institutional response

When the pressure is on to win and win big right now some funky things can go down
Hopefully Mueller is making better decisions these days
I think he's figuring it out, slowly.

It's not that there's a massive shift from his first few years to now but a small shift seems to be happening.

OSBF
May 10th, 2016, 12:26 PM
I think he's figuring it out, slowly.

It's not that there's a massive shift from his first few years to now but a small shift seems to be happening.

I think it was fairly evident that he was in way over his head in the beginning

Has grown into the job

More or less what you expect out of a very young and inexperienced coaching staff

clenz
May 10th, 2016, 12:39 PM
I think it was fairly evident that he was in way over his head in the beginning

Has grown into the job

More or less what you expect out of a very young and inexperienced coaching staff
Agreed.

From recruiting to X's and O's he was way over his head. He could get talent but didn't know how to build a system to fit his players or first recruits to his system. In game he was coached circles around many times.

He's still probably 5th in the conference behind Jake, Marshall, Lansing (good X and O just a losing situation), and Hinson. I think Wardle at BU will be interesting to watch given the **** show he inherited. There's a massive drop from Jake/Marshall to Hinson, Lansing, Wardle and Mueller though. Simmons would be next and then a big drop to Lusk, Giacolitti

In terms of X and O I'd go
1. Jacobson - Northern Iowa
2. Marshall - Wichita State
3. Hinson - Southern Illinois
4. Lansing - Indiana State
5. Mueller - Illinois State - probably jumps Lansing thought if he can show continued improvement this year
6. Wardle - Bradley - took a team with 11 freshman and didn't finish in last place last year in his first year
7. Simmons - Evansville
8. Lusk - Missouri State
T 10. Moser - Loyola
T 10. Giacoletti - Drake

OSBF
May 10th, 2016, 12:47 PM
I've always been a big Barry Hinson fan

You just never know whats gonna come out of his mouth

Laker
May 10th, 2016, 12:50 PM
Lynch has been released from jail without charges, case has been sent back to U of M police.

http://www.fox9.com/sports/139538207-story