PDA

View Full Version : One More Hockey CBA Dance!

AgentOrange
July 7th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Looking up the CBA news first thing this morning, I was ecstatic with the news that an agreement was going to be accomplished and sent to a vote. I started looking into tickets in Dallas to celebrate.
About two hours later, another release stated that both sides of the NHL CBA were denying reports of reaching an accord.

Allright, I know that we're close, it's just a matter of when, not if.

What do you all suppose the line is on getting back to hockey talk? I'm saying Monday is when they'll vote.

Georgia Griz
July 8th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Looking up the CBA news first thing this morning, I was ecstatic with the news that an agreement was going to be accomplished and sent to a vote. I started looking into tickets in Dallas to celebrate.
About two hours later, another release stated that both sides of the NHL CBA were denying reports of reaching an accord.

Allright, I know that we're close, it's just a matter of when, not if.

What do you all suppose the line is on getting back to hockey talk? I'm saying Monday is when they'll vote.

I'm certainly ready to think about NHL hockey, talk about NHL hockey, and watch NHL hockey. These guys have got to get this deal done. I'm tired of hearing about the two sides being so close but not quite ready to agree, while the executives are comfortably enjoying the "meetings" in locales such as Los Angeles, Denver, and New York City. Fly two bargainers to Cleveland, Ohio. Let's get a deal. Let's get on the ice. And LET'S GO THRASHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

ISUMatt
July 8th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Im ready to talk NHL too, until the Hawks start their season 0-15, then Ill be ready for another Lockout!!!

ISUMatt
July 8th, 2005, 11:13 AM
I think I have found the best rendition of the National Anthem and its hockey related...1991 All-Star game @ The Chicago Stadium, sung by Wayne Mesmer http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/multimedia/. Go to the bottom right and click on 1991NHL All-Star Game National Anthem... SIMPLY AWESOME... The game was right at the beginning fo Desert Storm

Georgia Griz
July 8th, 2005, 01:34 PM
I think I have found the best rendition of the National Anthem and its hockey related...1991 All-Star game @ The Chicago Stadium, sung by Wayne Mesmer http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/multimedia/. Go to the bottom right and click on 1991NHL All-Star Game National Anthem... SIMPLY AWESOME... The game was right at the beginning fo Desert Storm

The atmosphere used to be so great at that stadium.

ISUMatt
July 8th, 2005, 01:49 PM
The atmosphere used to be so great at that stadium.

When the Hawks are winning, the UC is LOUD!!!!!!!!! BUt since we havent won anything since forever, its like a library. I went to the 2 playoff games vs St Louis a few yrs back and man I could hear myself think during the Anthem, but it just isnt right w/o Mesmer!!!