April 20th, 2016, 12:56 PM
So the plot thickens.......

IBleedYellow
April 20th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Holy balls.

BisonFan02
April 20th, 2016, 12:59 PM
So the plot thickens.......

Not really.....seems pretty clear that Wentz is going either pick #1 or #2.

IBleedYellow
April 20th, 2016, 12:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8flnpYE.jpg

BisonFan02
April 20th, 2016, 01:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8flnpYE.jpg

That move isn't made for anything other than a QB.

BisonBacker
April 20th, 2016, 01:03 PM
That move isn't made for anything other than a QB.

Agree 100%

Franks Tanks
April 20th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Great, I am going to have to root for a guy from NDSU.

UNIFanSince1983
April 20th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Sal Pal was just on ESPN Radio saying this move is completely for Wentz.

JSUSoutherner
April 20th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Or Cal. Personally, I really really really hope the Rams take Wentz.

Sal Pal was just on ESPN Radio saying this move is completely for Wentz.

Oh. Jeez. Well he better not dissapoint then.

Franks Tanks
April 20th, 2016, 01:19 PM

I think the Rams will go with Goff, but wouldn't be shocked if the order switched.

BisonFan02
April 20th, 2016, 01:21 PM

Embrace it.... :D

JSUSoutherner
April 20th, 2016, 01:23 PM
I think the Rams will go with Goff, but wouldn't be shocked if the order switched.
Probably. I think I'm just happy he doesn't have to suffer in Cleveland. Because screw Cleveland.

UNIFanSince1983
April 20th, 2016, 01:23 PM

Well he seemed to dismiss even the possibility the Rams would take anyone but Goff. The host tried to ask if the Eagles were as in love with Goff as they are will Wentz. He said he is 1000% sure the Eagles GM talked to the Rams GM to make sure they were taking Goff. So according to him it is a foregone conclusion that Goff goes 1 and Wentz goes 2.

bluehenbillk
April 20th, 2016, 01:44 PM
As an Eagles fan, I absolutely HATE this move.

BisonFan02
April 20th, 2016, 01:47 PM

Do you hate the move more if they go RB? :D

bluehenbillk
April 20th, 2016, 01:52 PM
Do you hate the move more if they go RB? :D

I would definitely because they could've most gone RB at #8 probably.

Bisonator
April 20th, 2016, 02:03 PM

Have to see how it plays out but they definitely gave up a lot. If the QB they draft turns into a stud it will have been worth it.

bluehenbillk
April 20th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Here's a famous Eagles fan reaction: definitely NSFW

http://dailysnark.com/eagles-fan-edp445-goes-epic-rant-eagles-browns-trade/

Laker
April 20th, 2016, 02:38 PM

Last night, I read an article where a farm was sold in northwest Iowa for over $17,000 an acre.

Today I read that the Eagles are giving away the farm to get the #2 pick.

Insanity.

BisonTru
April 20th, 2016, 02:40 PM

If whoever they draft turns out to have the career McNabb had, do you still hate it?

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
April 20th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Anyone else think that Wentz would do better in LA and Goff better in Philly??? Run game and defense works with what Carson has done in the past and better receivers play well into Goff slinging the ball all over the field. Thoughts??

Daytripper
April 20th, 2016, 02:47 PM
If whoever they draft turns out to have the career McNabb had, do you still hate it?

As a Texans fan, I would love having a QB the quality of McNabb for 10-12 years. So, yes, I think it would be worth it.

Professor Chaos
April 20th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Here's a famous Eagles fan reaction: definitely NSFW

http://dailysnark.com/eagles-fan-edp445-goes-epic-rant-eagles-browns-trade/
I highly encourage anyone to spend 3-6 minutes of your day listening to this guy's video (provided you have headphones). It is comedy gold!

bluehenbillk
April 20th, 2016, 02:58 PM

I'd be happy, I'd be shocked, I'd be wrong. Was a weak QB class this year. Last year was better, next year is better, we reached, I hope we don't pay.

dgtw
April 20th, 2016, 02:58 PM
I highly encourage anyone to spend 3-6 minutes of your day listening to this guy's video (provided you have headphones). It is comedy gold!

He is a famous Eagles fan? I have no idea who he is. Is he famous for being something other than an internet sensation?

I got through about 30 seconds of that. Does he ever do anything besides saying the f-word in every sentence?

superman7515
April 20th, 2016, 03:01 PM

You should listen to 97.5 The Fanatic for a while. Eagles fans have been in full melt down mode since 2 pm over the idea of taking this hot garbage quarterback from D2. From the massive amount of negativity being hyped already, you'd think they announced they were moving the team to Mexico City, it's that big of Wentz-hate-fest for the last two hours, haha.

BisonTru
April 20th, 2016, 03:08 PM
I'd be happy, I'd be shocked, I'd be wrong. Was a weak QB class this year. Last year was better, next year is better, we reached, I hope we don't pay.

I've heavily study this quarterback class for over a year. It got tabbed a weak class over a year ago back when Cook and Hackenberg were the front runners. If Goff and Wentz don't emerge and we are looking at Cook vs. Hack, yeah, I call that a weak class. The Rams and Philly aren't dumb. What's funny is now that at least a few people are starting to recognize these two quarterbacks are pretty damn good, people are starting to question next years class. Just let the process play out.

BTW- you're going to really like whoever they take, eventually.

344Johnson
April 20th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Anyone else think that Wentz would do better in LA and Goff better in Philly??? Run game and defense works with what Carson has done in the past and better receivers play well into Goff slinging the ball all over the field. Thoughts??

I think they'd both be better off in LA. Having a good defense and running game hurts literally no quarterback in the history of football.

Professor Chaos
April 20th, 2016, 03:58 PM
He is a famous Eagles fan? I have no idea who he is. Is he famous for being something other than an internet sensation?

I got through about 30 seconds of that. Does he ever do anything besides saying the f-word in every sentence?
It gets even better when he starts legitimately praying with profanities flying every other word.

You should listen to 97.5 The Fanatic for a while. Eagles fans have been in full melt down mode since 2 pm over the idea of taking this hot garbage quarterback from D2. From the massive amount of negativity being hyped already, you'd think they announced they were moving the team to Mexico City, it's that big of Wentz-hate-fest for the last two hours, haha.
I'm positively SHOCKED Philly fans go to that level of hyperbole for a prospect they know nothing about. Especially with the stigma of the Philly sports fan being one of welcoming and brotherly love. :p

dgtw
April 20th, 2016, 04:04 PM
A place that boos Santa and Mike Schmidt doing something like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluehenbillk
April 20th, 2016, 04:04 PM

I listen to Mikey Miss every afternoon - classic stuff - best in the city!

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
April 20th, 2016, 04:17 PM
I think they'd both be better off in LA. Having a good defense and running game hurts literally no quarterback in the history of football.

Yeah i guess i was saying the trade off is that the receivers in LA aren't as good.

The Yo Show
April 20th, 2016, 04:26 PM
The part I don't understand is, the Browns wanted Wentz. IF LA is going Goff, why (other than the amazing deal they got in the trade), would they have been shopping around the #2 pick when they could have gotten Wentz like they wanted instead of giving him to Philly?

BisonFan02
April 20th, 2016, 04:28 PM
The part I don't understand is, the Browns wanted Wentz. IF LA is going Goff, why (other than the amazing deal they got in the trade), would they have been shopping around the #2 pick when they could have gotten Wentz like they wanted instead of giving him to Philly?

Because they are the Browns.

The Yo Show
April 20th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Actually, this is the most un-Browns thing to do. They are building their entire team and actually making it possible for a QB to succeed (assuming they use their new picks to get linemen and wideouts), rather than just drafting a QB.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 20th, 2016, 04:40 PM
This smacks to be a "We're going to prove Chip Kelly was a dimwit" move by the Eagles. This usually ends with Sam Bradford going to, say, the Ravens and winning a Super Bowl.

Hope the Eagles have some sort of plan to get Wentz some offensive linemen. And some receivers. And a running game. Because everyone who didn't make a fealty oath that "Chip Kelly Is A Dimwit" got run out of town. As a result, there's nobody there on offense, basically.

BisonBacker
April 20th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Because you bought into the BS that the Rams are taking Goff. I don't believe it for a second. I also don't believe Goff is ready day one anymore than I believe Wentz is but if one was forced to start day one I'd choose Wentz first just because of the system he ran in college vs. what Goff ran. Goff if he's forced to play right away is basically being thrown to the wolves. Not a good way to start any QB but in this win now era it's no surprise.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 20th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Because you bought into the BS that the Rams are taking Goff. I don't believe it for a second. I also don't believe Goff is ready day one anymore than I believe Wentz is but if one was forced to start day one I'd choose Wentz first just because of the system he ran in college vs. what Goff ran. Goff if he's forced to play right away is basically being thrown to the wolves. Not a good way to start any QB but in this win now era it's no surprise.

Now that it's Rams or Eagles, it is abundantly clear that both Goff and Wentz are going to be expected to start at Minute 1. The Eagles didn't trade up simply to have him to be the understudy of Chip Kelly's QB.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 20th, 2016, 05:03 PM
Seems like a very, very good bet that Bradford will be traded to the Jets for Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick could be the No. 1 QB for the next two years before handing the reins to Wentz.

BisonFan02
April 20th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Seems like a very, very good bet that Bradford will be traded to the Jets for Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick could be the No. 1 QB for the next two years before handing the reins to Wentz.

I thought about this earlier, but nope....Bradford doesn't solve the cap problem for the Jets I don't believe.

IBleedYellow
April 20th, 2016, 05:28 PM
I really hope Goff is a smoke screen and the Rams take Wentz.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Twentysix
April 20th, 2016, 05:37 PM
I hope the rams take wentz so I can drive to LA for a game. No other reason.

POD Knows
April 20th, 2016, 07:00 PM

I hate your helmets, how about that.

BisonTru
April 20th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Now that it's Rams or Eagles, it is abundantly clear that both Goff and Wentz are going to be expected to start at Minute 1. The Eagles didn't trade up simply to have him to be the understudy of Chip Kelly's QB.

You invest this much you just want to develop them as best you can. And they signed Bradford to an extension after they canned Kelly. Bradford's their guy. He can play till Carson is ready. Well, if he can stay healthy, and my injury concerns with RG3 and Bradford are similar.

POD Knows
April 20th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Lots of trade and draft movement in order to position teams to get their hands on the worst QB class ever. **** you east coast AGS posters, and I mean that sincerely.

BisonBacker
April 20th, 2016, 07:13 PM
I really hope Goff is a smoke screen and the Rams take Wentz.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This X1000000

BisonTru
April 20th, 2016, 07:15 PM
This smacks to be a "We're going to prove Chip Kelly was a dimwit" move by the Eagles. This usually ends with Sam Bradford going to, say, the Ravens and winning a Super Bowl.

Hope the Eagles have some sort of plan to get Wentz some offensive linemen. And some receivers. And a running game. Because everyone who didn't make a fealty oath that "Chip Kelly Is A Dimwit" got run out of town. As a result, there's nobody there on offense, basically.

He is.

The Eagles have a couple solid Tackles, Jordan Mathews, and Zach Ertz. They aren't loaded, but they're far from a bare offense.

AmsterBison
April 20th, 2016, 07:17 PM
This draft might make for a good HBO series 20 years from now.

superman7515
April 20th, 2016, 07:31 PM
Lots of trade and draft movement in order to position teams to get their hands on the worst QB class ever. **** you east coast AGS posters, and I mean that sincerely.

http://i.imgur.com/5hMuJex.gif

superman7515
April 20th, 2016, 07:41 PM
A place that boos Santa and Mike Schmidt doing something like that?

I'm not an Eagles fan, can't stand them and dislike a majority of their fans for that matter, but that was 1968 and even "Santa" said the way the story is told to portray Philly fans is bull.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7377416/philadelphia-eagles-fans-once-booed-santa-santa-jovial-63-year-old-frank-olivo-loves-philly-teams

POD Knows
April 20th, 2016, 07:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5hMuJex.gif

Crap, I forgot to add, "with all due respect" because then I am covered by the Geneva convention.

bluehenbillk
April 20th, 2016, 08:07 PM
And then Howie Roseman today says the QB the Eagles draft is unlikely to play this season? So we move up to the #2 pick to red-shirt a guy? Bradford is due to make 22mil this year so he wouldn't be easy to trade unless they get him to re-negotiate.

superman7515
April 20th, 2016, 08:17 PM
And then Howie Roseman today says the QB the Eagles draft is unlikely to play this season? So we move up to the #2 pick to red-shirt a guy? Bradford is due to make 22mil this year so he wouldn't be easy to trade unless they get him to re-negotiate.

I don't think he's untradeable at all...

Bradford 2016: $7 mil base salary - $5.5 mil signing bonus (Eagles would have to pick that up whether they trade him or not)
Bradford 2017: $13 mil base salary - other $5.5 mil of the signing bonus - $4 mil roster bonus

So the new team would be $7 mil in 2016 and $17 mil in 2017 (if they kept him).

His total guaranteed money through both years is $22 mil, not $22 mil this year, and that's not even entirely correct. As of this second, his contract is worth $18 mil guaranteed; the base salary of $7 mil this year and the signing bonus of $11 mil that the Eagles got him to split over two seasons. The base salary for next year is $13 million, but only $4 million is guaranteed, and it doesn't lock in until March 2017. If the team cuts him before then, he loses all of that money from next year except the second half of the signing bonus, which the new team would probably have the Eagles paying anyway.

TL;DR any team in the NFL can have Sam Bradford tomorrow for $7 million on what is essentially a one-year tryout.

BisonTru
April 20th, 2016, 08:35 PM

Howie's kinda in damage control mode. Bradford just found out he's at best probably a bridge quarterback, and he's pissed via Scheftler. It's the whole Bradford is our guy stuff. However, everyone knows a trade is possible and if the rookie beats him out, tough luck. They'll be a competition come training camp and really the Eagles want all three QBs to come in and give it there all.

Honestly if I'm Bradford I would be nervous. A couple things I know about Wentz is he will have that playbook down come the start of training camp. And he will compete hard for the starting job.

Thumper 76
April 20th, 2016, 08:49 PM
For the life of me I can't understand the butt hurt some Bison fans display throughout this. Honestly, how can you not be so happy that you don't give a **** what anyone says? 5 in a row and now your QB is going most likely top two in the draft. Jesus wept. You spoiled little bitches.

Bisonoline
April 20th, 2016, 08:54 PM
For the life of me I can't understand the butt hurt some Bison fans display throughout this. Honestly, how can you not be so happy that you don't give a **** what anyone says? 5 in a row and now your QB is going most likely top two in the draft. Jesus wept. You spoiled little bitches.

Because their _________? Wentz will go when he goes. No big deal to me. Anyone that seriously talks crap about us is either ignorant or a troll. Many times both. I know what we are about. The others have an inferiority complex and any slight gets blown up. xbawlingx

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 20th, 2016, 09:13 PM

What butthurt there bud?

This is frickin awesome!!

Oh ya, get ready for 9 losses in a row this year to the Bison.....xlolxxnodx:Dxthumbsupx

Thumper 76
April 20th, 2016, 09:15 PM
What butthurt there bud?

This is frickin awesome!!

Oh ya, get ready for 9 losses in a row this year to the Bison.....xlolxxnodx:Dxthumbsupx

I said some, not all. And I guess we'll have to see what happens, every dog has its day :D

WTFCollegefootballfan
April 20th, 2016, 10:10 PM

Wentz and Goff both grade out better the Winston and Mariota.

BisonFan02
April 20th, 2016, 11:06 PM
I said some, not all. And I guess we'll have to see what happens, every dog has its day :D

Which is amazing that USD already beat you guys to the punch.... xlolx

Franks Tanks
April 21st, 2016, 06:23 AM
You invest this much you just want to develop them as best you can. And they signed Bradford to an extension after they canned Kelly. Bradford's their guy. He can play till Carson is ready. Well, if he can stay healthy, and my injury concerns with RG3 and Bradford are similar.

Bradford is done in Philly, and they will get whatever they can for him via trade, hopefully before the draft. Chase Daniels will be a " bridge guy" if needed. The Eagles won't be very good next year regardless of who they start at QB, so makes sense to go with the future.

bluehenbillk
April 21st, 2016, 06:41 AM
Wentz and Goff both grade out better the Winston and Mariota.

Huh?? Cmon man! Time will tell, but Winston and Mariota were lined up to be at or near the top through he whole process, neither Goff or Wentz were in that discussion at the end of the season. Mike Mamula was the same story and Eagles fans remember that. Listening to sports talk radio on way home and this morning here and the majority of Eagles fans aren't fans of the deal.

RootinFerDukes
April 21st, 2016, 06:43 AM
Damnit you stupid f'in eagles, Wentz is supposed to go #1 overall to make the world explode. Quit ****ting in the punch.

So philthy philly is confident Wentz won't go first?

MR. CHICKEN
April 21st, 2016, 07:23 AM
Damnit you stupid f'in eagles, Wentz is supposed to go #1 overall to make the world explode. Quit ****ting in the punch.

So philthy philly is confident Wentz won't go first?

.......IGGLES BRASS......FRIENDLAH WHIFF.....RAMS BRASS........IGGLES DIDN'T MORTGAGE DUH NEST....FO' NUFFIN'..........BRAWK!

superman7515
April 21st, 2016, 08:30 AM
.......IGGLES BRASS......FRIENDLAH WHIFF.....RAMS BRASS........IGGLES DIDN'T MORTGAGE DUH NEST....FO' NUFFIN'..........BRAWK!

Yeah, they said that the Eagles have it just short of in writing and signed in blood that the Rams are taking Goff with the first pick. The Eagles and Rams front offices are very friendly and they feel extremely confident taking the Rams word on this.

BisonBacker
April 21st, 2016, 08:34 AM
Yeah were supposed to believe Silver (who's a Cal guy) on this as well? I'm not buying that BS because he says it. Personally I hope Carson goes to LA and yes I know LA is sure of who they want. I still think it's Wentz.

BisonTru
April 21st, 2016, 09:37 AM
Huh?? Cmon man! Time will tell, but Winston and Mariota were lined up to be at or near the top through he whole process, neither Goff or Wentz were in that discussion at the end of the season. Mike Mamula was the same story and Eagles fans remember that. Listening to sports talk radio on way home and this morning here and the majority of Eagles fans aren't fans of the deal.

NFL teams don't build their boards in the summer like the media. Both Goff and Wentz were gaining a lot of steam at the end of the season and once the media saw how many teams were high on Wentz at the Senior bowl, they both were getting mocked in the two hole to Cleveland. Since then some people have came out and said some NFL teams have Wentz and/or Goff graded higher than Mariota/Winston. Some still maintain Winston/Mariota are better prospects. Bottom line, LA and Philly liked one or both enough to essentially tie their careers to them. Like you said, time will tell. However, with Wentz once you get past the FCS tag, which will be tough for casual fans to swallow, there is a lot to like.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 21st, 2016, 09:41 AM
Yeah were supposed to believe Silver (who's a Cal guy) on this as well? I'm not buying that BS because he says it. Personally I hope Carson goes to LA and yes I know LA is sure of who they want. I still think it's Wentz.

I am very confident that it is 1- Goff and 2- Wentz. I'm also fairly confident some sort of Bradford-for-Fitzpatrick deal is in the works.

After sleeping on it, one thought dominates. If this was the plan all along, to get rid of Bradford and draft Goff or Wentz - why on God's Green Earth did they trade Mark Sanchez? They HAD HIM UNDER CONTRACT and would literally have been the perfect placeholder to let Wentz get up to speed. Now the Eagles need to trade Bradford for 30 cents on the dollar, because they obviously have no faith in him, lost a ton of picks in this year's draft - and now need to trade him to basically get the same guy they traded away for a conditional pick!

See, this is why basing your whole GM philosophy on going against what Chip Kelly did is a horrible idea.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 21st, 2016, 09:43 AM
LA and Philly liked one or both enough to essentially tie their careers to them

This is not exactly like saying "The Patriots" or "The Broncos" or even "The Colts".

My money's on Mariota.

BisonTru
April 21st, 2016, 09:59 AM
I am very confident that it is 1- Goff and 2- Wentz. I'm also fairly confident some sort of Bradford-for-Fitzpatrick deal is in the works.

After sleeping on it, one thought dominates. If this was the plan all along, to get rid of Bradford and draft Goff or Wentz - why on God's Green Earth did they trade Mark Sanchez? They HAD HIM UNDER CONTRACT and would literally have been the perfect placeholder to let Wentz get up to speed. Now the Eagles need to trade Bradford for 30 cents on the dollar, because they obviously have no faith in him, lost a ton of picks in this year's draft - and now need to trade him to basically get the same guy they traded away for a conditional pick!

See, this is why basing your whole GM philosophy on going against what Chip Kelly did is a horrible idea.

You can't have a plan that you are for sure going to 1 or 2 and grabbing one of these QBs. Hell, LA outbid Philly to get to the 1. Cleveland could have easily of saw what I see and what Philly sees in Wentz and said nope picks not for sale. You make decisions for your team now. Philly saw a franchise QB and went and got him. If you think Bradford is a long term option, well, just look at his legs. I like the guy, he's one of the most accurate passers in the league, but you are going to have a tough time keeping him upright. That and I think he's always gonna want top dollar, and if he doesn't get it. I could easily see him just retire. Remember he made 70+ million just off his first rookie deal.

BisonTru
April 21st, 2016, 10:00 AM
This is not exactly like saying "The Patriots" or "The Broncos" or even "The Colts".

My money's on Mariota.

Elway was a fan. Just no way to get from 31 to 2.

Professor Chaos
April 21st, 2016, 10:03 AM

How can the Jets trade Fitzpatrick when he's a free agent? The NFL doesn't do sign-and-trades like the NBA does.

MR. CHICKEN
April 21st, 2016, 10:25 AM

....AH DOUBT IT........THINK VAN BROCKLIN/JURGENSON......SONNY RODE PINE & LEARNED.......WENTZ....WILL PLUCK SPLINTERS...&...KEEP UH JOURNAL.........IT'S WHAA...MOST TOP DRAFTED QB'S.....END UP LAYIN' CARPET.......BIG SIGNIN' DUCATS....AN' MANAGEMENT WANTS 'EM ON DUH FIELD TA LEARN DUH HARD WAY.....BREAKIN' DEY'RE CONFIDENCE.......LIKE WILD STALLIONS.....TA PONY RIDES @ DUH CARNIVAL.......BROCK!

unhfan1
April 21st, 2016, 10:28 AM
Goff and Wentz have the same agent. I'm sure the Eagles have spoken with the agent and are certain that they will get Wentz at #2. Bradford will not be traded.

Daytripper
April 21st, 2016, 10:40 AM
Goff and Wentz have the same agent. I'm sure the Eagles have spoken with the agent and are certain that they will get Wentz at #2. Bradford will not be traded.

This. Nobody is going to trade for Bradford's ridiculous salary.

gotts
April 21st, 2016, 10:45 AM
How can the Jets trade Fitzpatrick when he's a free agent? The NFL doesn't do sign-and-trades like the NBA does.

Shhh, he's on a roll

Lehigh Football Nation
April 21st, 2016, 10:48 AM
If I were Sam Bradford, I would refuse to play for the Eagles. What is in it for him to remain an Eagle? There are plenty of teams that want No. 1 QBs. Playing out the string for the Eagles in September under the "Countdown to Carson Wentz clock" that will literally start the day after the draft will do nothing to add value to his wallet or legacy. Why not simply force a trade to the 49ers?

Lehigh Football Nation
April 21st, 2016, 10:54 AM
Some interesting reading for sure for NDSU fans on the Eagles:

http://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaeagles/index.ssf/2016/04/whoever_plays_qb_for_the_phila.html

It is, Rueben Randle freely admits, an odd circumstance.

The new Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver is just 24, but he's treated like an old vet. Randle, who played the past four seasons with the Giants, has more game experience than any wide receiver on the Birds' roster and feels pressure to assert himself as a leader, a role he didn't expect to assume before his 25th birthday.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/04/some-thoughts-on-the-trade.html

The draft itself is a total wild card. Sure, there are studs throughout all of its rounds. But there are also plenty of duds. You can run the trade through whatever calculation that approximates the worth of individual picks all you want, the fact is none of that accounts for the possibility of drafting a franchise QB, which can make or break an entire decade for some teams. Everything else, short of a world-beating defense, is useless when KevinKolbMichaelVickDougPedersonNickFolesSamBradfo rd is your quarterback. It’s no accident that the Eagles’ only period of genuine greatness* over the last 30 years came with Donovan McNabb under center. It all starts with a quarterback and fans out from there. It’s much easier to recoup lost draft picks, or stock up on players in positions where athleticism or size or speed is more valuable than true ability. All-world running backs fall off trees. Solid corners and massive linemen can be built. Quarterbacks need to be obtained, nurtured and protected. So if, if the Eagles believe Carson Wentz or Jared Goff (probably Wentz) is their guy, then they did the right thing.

Now, that’s a giant leap of faith in a front office in which I have little confidence. I’m not so sure I trust Howie Roseman to make that decision. I may trust Doug Pederson – if only because he was a quarterback – but I certainly don’t trust Roseman, or Jeffrey Lurie, whom I’m thinking had a hand in steering the Eagles toward a QB similar to how Mr. Snider essentially forced Paul Holmgren to buy Ilya Bryzgalov.

That said, I still like the trade, even if I don’t trust the guys who made it. We’re stuck with this front office group for a little while, so why not take the risk?

BisonTru
April 21st, 2016, 10:55 AM
If I were Sam Bradford, I would refuse to play for the Eagles. What is in it for him to remain an Eagle? There are plenty of teams that want No. 1 QBs. Playing out the string for the Eagles in September under the "Countdown to Carson Wentz clock" that will literally start the day after the draft will do nothing to add value to his wallet or legacy. Why not simply force a trade to the 49ers?

Great then will have 2 QBs demanding trades with over inflated contracts. Maybe Sam will be smart enough to realize if you want to move fine, but you're going to have to take a pay cut.

bluehenbillk
April 21st, 2016, 10:58 AM
Rumors have Bradford has upset & Bleacher Report has something out there saying he could demand a trade. Where the Fitzpatrick idea that someone put on here came from I have no idea but that's insane for the Eagles.

The Eagles have to pay Bradford $11M in guaranteed money this year & then is salary is $7 mil for this season. $7 mil is chump change for most teams - in fact it's what the Broncos wanted to pay for Kapernick but he wouldn't take a pay cut. The Eagles if they were smart would shop him & ask for either relief in paying the guaranteed $$ or if a team like Denver won't/can't do that the Eagles could have some leverage in asking for draft picks.

Goff & Wentz have the same agent ironically.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 21st, 2016, 10:58 AM
Great then will have 2 QBs demanding trades with over inflated contracts. Maybe Sam will be smart enough to realize if you want to move fine, but you're going to have to take a pay cut.

Oh I firmly believe he will take a pay cut to get out of this situation.

BisonBacker
April 21st, 2016, 11:07 AM
Bleacher report now reporting Sam Bradford wants to be traded.

- - - Updated - - -

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2634613-insider-buzz-sam-bradford-likely-to-ask-eagles-for-trade-out-of-philadelphia

BisonFan02
April 21st, 2016, 11:08 AM
Bleacher report now reporting Sam Bradford wants to be traded.

- - - Updated - - -

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2634613-insider-buzz-sam-bradford-likely-to-ask-eagles-for-trade-out-of-philadelphia

Broncos....and then he can keep Paxton Lynch's seat warm.

Laker
April 21st, 2016, 11:21 AM
The Eagles should go back to 1965.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/13000193_10153559881553513_8779445755563920314_n.j pg?oh=a0efd664f42bc3f7bebb011d4b7e61c3&oe=57784F42

clenz
April 21st, 2016, 11:25 AM
Don't know where to post this...but... its' from a philly paper on March 1, 2015 and if the Eagles should give up the farm to draft a QB

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/eagles/Howie-Roseman-on-draft-day-trades-free-agency-the-combine-and-more.html

Howie Roseman on trading up in the draft, free agency, the combine, analytics, and more

Howie Roseman said that the history of trading up for one player in the NFL Draft is not favorable for the team that must give up significant resources, which was one of the many topics the Eagles executive vice president of football operations addressed while speaking on a panel at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference in Boston on Saturday.

The debate about the price associated with trading up for one player has been a popular one in Philadelphia in recent weeks because the Eagles would likely need to surrender valuable picks and/or players if they want to acquire Oregon quarterback Marcus Mariota this spring.
Roseman was not discussing Mariota or any specific player, but rather the topic of draft-day trades.
"When you’re looking at trading up, at some point, your board drops off so dramatically in terms of how you evaluate that player,” Roseman said, as heard on the conference’s webcast. (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk36k_W8ew3v2ZDjQgKi10Q) “But the history of trading up for one player, when you look at those trades, isn’t good for the team trading up and putting a lot of resources into it.
"Because the guys who are really good at the draft, if you’re hitting on 60 percent of your first-round picks, that’s a pretty good track record. And then it’s dropping as you go through the rounds. So really, the more chances you get, the more tickets to the lottery you get, the better you should be doing.”
Roseman shared a panel with New England Patriots executive Nick Caserio and Brian Burke, the founder of the Advanced Analytics Website.

When Roseman was general manager, he was aggressive trying to accumulate picks. The Eagles had 48 draft picks during Roseman's five years as general manager. Coach Chip Kelly now has control over all football decisions.
“At the end of the day, it’s about the player you picked,” Roseman said. “You can go through each round of the draft on players on your team and see you have guys who are really good players from the fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh round. …There’s always value. You can kind of convince yourself of, ‘Who am I really going to get in the fifth or sixth round? I’m willing to give up that pick, because I really want this player in the second or third round.’ But it’s all about the evaluations and getting the right players into your building.”
Earlier in the conference, Roseman explained the process of trading up in the 2012 draft to acquire Fletcher Cox. He mentioned how that trade was essentially agreed upon the night before the draft.
Some other highlights from Roseman’s time on the panel…
ON FREE AGENCY…
Roseman was a strong advocate for re-signing a player rather than spending on a free agent from elsewhere because of the known vs. the unknown and not competing in the open market. This is something to think about with wide receiver Jeremy Maclin set to become a free agent.

“You have a number of buyers for the same players, whereas [when] you’re extending guys on your own team, you know the player, you’ve lived with the player, you know what they’re doing in your scheme,” Roseman said. “So when you go back and look at the history of free agency vs. extending your own players, you have a lot more success extending your own players.”
Roseman also said decision-makers must fight the “recency bias” and not just go off what the player just did in the past season, but also consider what the player could do in a difference scheme or different environment. And he made clear that a team must know its priorities entering the free-agent market.
“You’ve got to make choices, because we have a salary cap,” Roseman said. “We have to make choices of what we have to have, what we need, and what we’d like to have. You have to have young players coming through the system filling roles, because you can’t pay everyone.
“And we also always overestimate our ability to pick great players. That’s what we do – we have confidence in our ability to pick players and get them to come. But the reality of it is the known factor of having a great player on your team is substantial.”
Adding to the risk of the unknown in both the free agency and the draft, Roseman discussed the challenge of learning about a player simply by talking to him in the pre-draft process or when free agency opens.
"The draft process and free agency, you’re basically getting married after the first date,” Roseman said. “…When you’re going through the draft process, these guys have been coached up so well that when you’re interviewing and talking to them, they know the plays they’re going to get quizzed on. They know their weaknesses. So their agent, the people who are going through the process, are preparing them for that. So that’s why you get so much information when you go through the school in the fall and able to see them in their own environment and talk to the people around them.

“The same thing in free agency – you’re talking to them when you’re able to when the free agency process starts about their role and how it’s going to work, but you don’t know them as well as you know the players in your building. You don’t know how they are day-to-day, how they’re going to react with their coaches and the rest of the people in the building.”
ON THE VALUE OF ANALYTICS…
The use of analytics is a major discussion point throughout the conference, and it was discussed on Roseman’s panel, too. Here is what he said about how he values analytics:
“The most important thing for all of us is not getting graphs and charts, but we want to understand what the conclusions are. So kind of bullet points about what you’re telling us, because I’m not an expert in analyzing the data. I want to figure out what you learn from it. And that goes back to having people in your organization telling you what it means.”
ON THE COMBINE…
When asked what part of the combine might get more attention than it deserves, Roseman mentioned how there are metrics specific to positions that are not uniform among all players:
“When you’re watching the combine and NFL network, it’s all about the 40. But when you look at each position, there are position-specific stats that correlate to success in the National Football League by position. So if you have an offensive lineman, the 40 time is not the most important stat. And we’ve gone and researched successful people in the NFL and found out, by position, what you’re looking for.
“And those are things that when you’re making decisions, if we go back and we’re looking at a player in the first round and we see that his number in that category is a number no starter has had in the last 15 years, that’s going to pause us to select that player. And that may be a case where we say we really like this player on tape, but the chances of him being a successful NFL player are really low, so we’re going to watch another team select him and we’ll follow his career and learn from it, as opposed to maybe a player at his position who checks all the boxes.”
ON PLAYER EVALUATION…
As Roseman has discussed in the past leading up to drafts, he emphasized the importance in considering competition when evaluating a player:
“It’s about the quality of competition when you’re evaluating someone. So if you’re evaluating a pass rusher and he’s going up against a low level of competition, and he has three sacks against an offensive tackle who’s going to be on Wall Street three months after the season ends, that’s not the same as seeing him go up against a future first-round pick.
“So when we’re looking at players, we’re trying to make sure – it’s like these guys in the preseason who do great in the fourth quarter against guys who are going to be out of football two weeks later. So part of it is who they’re going up against, the quality of competition.”
ON INTANGIBLES…
Roseman made clear that there are parts of evaluation that cannot be measured:
“The other part of this that we’re not talking about is intangibles, determination, drive, in any walk of life, are so important. Because you are giving this person some amount of money, so for them to get over the hump and compete at the highest level, they have to have the ability to work really hard and have the determination and passion for the game. That’s part of the equation as well.”

List of QB's that have been traded up to get...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22364&stc=1

UNDColorado
April 21st, 2016, 11:30 AM
Good news for Carson. Even I didn't want to see him go to Cleveland. Not a good place to start a career for a QB; to put it nicely!

Lehigh Football Nation
April 21st, 2016, 11:31 AM
Good to see the idiocy of Howie Roseman is now reaching a wider audience

BisonBacker
April 21st, 2016, 11:31 AM
Good news for Carson. Even I didn't want to see him go to Cleveland. Not a good place to start a career for a QB; to put it nicely!

I felt that way too but I do think the new FO and Coaching Staff help that sad factory and turn it around sooner than some think.

JSUSoutherner
April 21st, 2016, 11:41 AM
I felt that way too but I do think the new FO and Coaching Staff help that sad factory and turn it around sooner than some think.
Perhaps, as long as they spend their new abundance of draft picks wisely.

Oh I firmly believe he will take a pay cut to get out of this situation.
I don't. We've already seen this situation this off season with Colin Kaepernick. He hates the 49ers and complains and moans so much and when he's presented with a chance to take a pay cut and run to the team that won the freaking Super Bowl he turns it down.

Something tells me that Bradford isn't the kind that will take a pay cut either.

MR. CHICKEN
April 21st, 2016, 11:51 AM
Perhaps, as long as they spend their new abundance of draft picks wisely.

I don't. We've already seen this situation this off season with Colin Kaepernick. He hates the 49ers and complains and moans so much and when he's presented with a chance to take a pay cut and run to the team that won the freaking Super Bowl he turns it down.

Something tells me that Bradford isn't the kind that will take a pay cut either.

....SLINGIN' SAMMY....IS LUCKY TA MAKE DUH DUCATS HE DOES...........HE'S JOURNEYMAN @ BEST........BRITTLE AS UH CHINA DOLL........THROWS UH GREAT DEEP BALL.........BUT TA NICKLE & DIME DUH 1ST DOWNS....HE'S SO-SO..........ST LOUIE WAS HAPPY TA DUMP 'EM TA GET FOLES...('NOTHERAH THANKS-GIVIN' BIRD)..IN EXCHANGE..FO' DIS TURKEY....SHUT UP SAM & TRAIN DUH NEW GUY......HOPE CARSON'S NERVES CAN HANDLE DUH BOO-BIRDS....AFTERAH COUPLE YEARS.......UH MAYOR O' NORFF DAKOTAH.......PHILLY...WHERE PRETZELS...NOT DUH OWN-LAH THING....TIED IN KNOTS...............BROCK!

BisonTru
April 21st, 2016, 12:06 PM

Phil Savage ‏@SeniorBowlPhil (https://twitter.com/SeniorBowlPhil) 23h23 hours ago (https://twitter.com/SeniorBowlPhil/status/722847470053494786)Mobile, AL (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3Ad049033410e9e81b)
That collective deep breath you hear from @JaredGoff16 (https://twitter.com/JaredGoff16) and @cj_wentz (https://twitter.com/cj_wentz) is b/c neither will be going to @Browns (https://twitter.com/Browns) #QBGraveyard (https://twitter.com/hashtag/QBGraveyard?src=hash). LA/Philly bound.

Phil Savage was a scout for three years and GM for 3 years for the Browns.

JSUSoutherner
April 21st, 2016, 12:06 PM
Phil Savage ‏@SeniorBowlPhil (https://twitter.com/SeniorBowlPhil) 23h23 hours ago (https://twitter.com/SeniorBowlPhil/status/722847470053494786)Mobile, AL (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3Ad049033410e9e81b)
That collective deep breath you hear from @JaredGoff16 (https://twitter.com/JaredGoff16) and @cj_wentz (https://twitter.com/cj_wentz) is b/c neither will be going to @Browns (https://twitter.com/Browns) #QBGraveyard (https://twitter.com/hashtag/QBGraveyard?src=hash). LA/Philly bound.

Phil Savage was a scout for three years and GM for 3 years for the Browns.

What a savage.

BisonBacker
April 21st, 2016, 12:47 PM
Saw this pic and just made me do a double take. Which of these two do you think will be able to handle the rigors of the NFL?

http://i.imgur.com/Sf4aIAi.jpg

JSUSoutherner
April 21st, 2016, 12:54 PM
Saw this pic and just made me do a double take. Which of these two do you think will be able to handle the rigors of the NFL?

Defintely the one in the middle.

clenz
April 21st, 2016, 01:05 PM

Silly argument, at best.

http://costaricaextra.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/tom-brady-goes-shirtless-for-costa-rica-beach-stroll-02-832x1024.jpg

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Tim-Tebow-shirtless-rain-jets.jpg

And the guy that's too small/think/lanky to take the rigors of the NFL
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/01/06/robert-griffin-iii-butt-grab-012-480w.jpg

BisonTru
April 21st, 2016, 01:25 PM
Silly argument, at best.

http://costaricaextra.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/tom-brady-goes-shirtless-for-costa-rica-beach-stroll-02-832x1024.jpg

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Tim-Tebow-shirtless-rain-jets.jpg

Yes, because durabilty was Tebow's issue. xrolleyesx

And the guy that's too small/think/lanky to take the rigors of the NFL
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/01/06/robert-griffin-iii-butt-grab-012-480w.jpg

Aww... the poster boy of durability. :D

https://jeffonlineblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/rg3-wheelchair-logo.jpg

BisonBacker
April 21st, 2016, 01:48 PM
Believe what you want Clenz.

JSUSoutherner
April 21st, 2016, 01:54 PM
The one on the right didn't spend half the season on the bench with a broken wrist. Just sayin'.

clenz
April 21st, 2016, 02:10 PM
Goff measured 6'4 215 pounds
Wentz it's 6'5 pounds 235 pounds
Tom Brady is 6'5 220 pounds
Tony Romo is 6'3 230 pounds
Brees is 6' 200 pounds

The difference in ability to hold up to the rigors between two guys separated by that little actual size difference is zero.

If you're looking at build in street clothes as who who is better to hold up to rigors...well....

Sometimes it's okay to take *some* of the blinders off.

clenz
April 21st, 2016, 02:12 PM
The one on the right didn't spend half the season on the bench with a broken wrist. Just sayin'.
And suffer an ankle injury

BisonBacker
April 21st, 2016, 02:26 PM
Goff measured 6'4 215 pounds
Wentz it's 6'5 pounds 235 pounds
Tom Brady is 6'5 220 pounds
Tony Romo is 6'3 230 pounds
Brees is 6' 200 pounds

The difference in ability to hold up to the rigors between two guys separated by that little actual size difference is zero.

If you're looking at build in street clothes as who who is better to hold up to rigors...well....

Sometimes it's okay to take *some* of the blinders off.

No blinders at all. Goff and Wentz may both do very well or may both bust. Nobody knows it's all speculation. But if you think by that pic there is only 1" difference in them I don't know what to tell you. Also the fact that Goff was just over 200 pounds playing weight at Cal tells me that the pounds he's put on most likely isn't muscle. Sure a person can put on weight but just putting on weight for the sake of being heavier isn't he same as a guy who is 237 and has it naturally. Time will tell how they do. Whoever goes to LA will likely be thrown into the fire sooner than the guy going to Philly. That alone may not be fair but the NFL and life isn't fair. As much as I'd like to see Carson go to LA the better fit might be Philly due to that fact alone. It's been an interesting ride up to this point. Next Thursday should be fun.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 21st, 2016, 02:28 PM
Should I be surprised that clenzy had all those images of QBs on the beach so easily at hand

BisonTru
April 21st, 2016, 02:29 PM

And suffer an ankle injury

How in the hell do you know if Goff ever had an ankle injury? The only reason you know Wentz had an ankle issue was because of this site.

BTW - Goff separated his shoulder, missed the second half of the game, and had surgery. But that slides under the radar because it was the last game of the season. Too bad they didn't make one of the 100 bowl games that year. :D

BisonBacker
April 21st, 2016, 02:30 PM
No he just suffered a Shoulder seperation. Luckily for him it happened when it did or he'd of spend more time on the bench.

- - - Updated - - -

Should I be surprised that clenzy had all those images of QBs on the beach so easily at hand

It's kinda scary isn't it? xlolx

clenz
April 21st, 2016, 02:32 PM
No blinders at all. Goff and Wentz may both do very well or may both bust. Nobody knows it's all speculation. But if you think by that pic there is only 1" difference in them I don't know what to tell you. Also the fact that Goff was just over 200 pounds playing weight at Cal tells me that the pounds he's put on most likely isn't muscle. Sure a person can put on weight but just putting on weight for the sake of being heavier isn't he same as a guy who is 237 and has it naturally. Time will tell how they do. Whoever goes to LA will likely be thrown into the fire sooner than the guy going to Philly. That alone may not be fair but the NFL and life isn't fair. As much as I'd like to see Carson go to LA the better fit might be Philly due to that fact alone. It's been an interesting ride up to this point. Next Thursday should be fun.
Um...

Goff played at 215 at Cal

Position:
Quarterback

Height:
6'4"

Weight:

Year:
Junior

Hometown:
Novato, CA

High School:
Marin Catholic HS

Experience:
2 Letters

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=207769910

The height and weight I listed at straight from the NFL combine
Goff
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/jared-goff?id=2555334

Wentz
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/carson-wentz?id=2555259

BisonTru
April 21st, 2016, 02:33 PM
Whoever goes to LA will likely be thrown into the fire sooner than the guy going to Philly. That alone may not be fair but the NFL and life isn't fair. As much as I'd like to see Carson go to LA the better fit might be Philly due to that fact alone. It's been an interesting ride up to this point. Next Thursday should be fun.

LA is a pretty good situation. They can start the season with Keenum if they feel that's the best. To be honest, LA or Philly are wildly better opportunities than typical top 2 quarterbacks get. Think Tim Couch and David Carr.

clenz
April 21st, 2016, 02:33 PM
So the reality is neither QB can avoid injuries.

BisonTru
April 21st, 2016, 02:40 PM
So the reality is neither QB can avoid injuries.

Yes, they are both are doomed because of a broken wrist and a separated shoulder xrolleyesx - coming from the guy who can't figure out why GMs don't want to throw 20 million a year at good ol' porcelain knees. :D

tribe_pride
April 21st, 2016, 02:49 PM
Rumor has it that Wentz is already going to be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame this August.

Seriously though, there are good reasons why either could be 1st and good reasons why either should not be a top 5 pick. All that matters at this point is what Rams and Eagles are thinking. I can't wait until each throws their first TD and their first Int this year to see reactions on this board (and yes I do mean during preseason games).

Lehigh Football Nation
April 21st, 2016, 03:04 PM
Rumor has it that Wentz is already going to be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame this August.

Seriously though, there are good reasons why either could be 1st and good reasons why either should not be a top 5 pick. All that matters at this point is what Rams and Eagles are thinking. I can't wait until each throws their first TD and their first Int this year to see reactions on this board (and yes I do mean during preseason games).

If you've got a pulse and played WR in high school the Eagles are interested in interviewing you to be on their team

clenz
April 21st, 2016, 03:11 PM
Yes, they are both are doomed because of a broken wrist and a separated shoulder xrolleyesx - coming from the guy who can't figure out why GMs don't want to throw 20 million a year at good ol' porcelain knees. :D
I'm going to guess Wentz's knee likely does the same thing as RG3's knee...

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/rg3hurt.gif

Or, more likely Wentz's knee splits Ngata in half because he's just a brick house robot from the future.

No_Skill
April 21st, 2016, 03:17 PM
Please stop posting that...ouch.

I don't buy the "build" argument for avoiding injuries. Many injuries are just freak accidents and would happen to any human in the same situation. Luck and timing plays a huge role in whether or not you get an injury.

Now, I would guess that the style of QB you are plays a large role in injuries. Is there any evidence that a pure pocket passer stays more healthy than a running QB?

BisonTru
April 21st, 2016, 03:27 PM
I'm going to guess Wentz's knee likely does the same thing as RG3's knee...

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/rg3hurt.gif

Or, more likely Wentz's knee splits Ngata in half because he's just a brick house robot from the future.

Ummm.... the answer is ....B. :D

https://media.giphy.com/media/13HGG9HwARG0kE/giphy.gif

Seriously, there isn't much of an injury history with either Goff or Wentz. Neither has a spotless bill of health, but Wentz has ideal size and Goff took a lot of shots and missed only one half of a game. RGIII has torn his ACL twice. The first time before he was drafted. He is a greater injury risk than either top prospect.

clenz
April 21st, 2016, 03:28 PM
Please stop posting that...ouch.

I don't buy the "build" argument for avoiding injuries. Many injuries are just freak accidents and would happen to any human in the same situation. Luck and timing plays a huge role in whether or not you get an injury.

Now, I would guess that the style of QB you are plays a large role in injuries. Is there any evidence that a pure pocket passer stays more healthy than a running QB?
I remember reading a pretty good article on that a year or two back. The basic gist is that there is no discernible proof of either style causing more injuries, though pocket passers are more likely to miss snaps than a more mobile QB. The reasoning for that was a couple fold

1. Such a small sample size of "mobile" QB's vs pocket guys
2. When pocket guys get hit it's at a "more dangerous" angle as they take the vast majority of their hits to the blind side in a "vulnerable position" with the defender moving at a high rate of speed. Where as *most hits a mobile QB will take are actually viewed/considered glancing blows that they can/do brace for.

I'll see if I can find that article/study back. Maybe the data is old and a new one has replaced it since then.

I found that one about the same time that I found multiple places showing the rate of true injury, not just bumps/bruises/aches, of FCS schools playing FBS schools is actually lower than the rate of FCS/FCS or even FCS/sub D1 games.

clenz
April 21st, 2016, 03:32 PM
Ummm.... the answer is ....B. :D

https://media.giphy.com/media/13HGG9HwARG0kE/giphy.gif

Seriously, there isn't much of an injury history with either Goff or Wentz. Neither has a spotless bill of health, but Wentz has ideal size and Goff took a lot of shots and missed only one half of a game. RGIII has torn his ACL twice. The first time before he was drafted. He is a greater injury risk than either top prospect.
Yep...

5'11 195lb Eric Thompson is about the same as 6'4 335 lb Haloti Ngata

http://wfmj.images.worldnow.com/images/9938394_G.jpg

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/182/257/701105b1363d1a706deb4d46c2ed6619_crop_north.jpeg?w =630&h=420&q=75

BisonTru
April 21st, 2016, 03:37 PM
Yep...

http://wfmj.images.worldnow.com/images/9938394_G.jpg

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/003/182/257/701105b1363d1a706deb4d46c2ed6619_crop_north.jpeg?w =630&h=420&q=75

I thought size didn't matter. :D

Lehigh Football Nation
April 21st, 2016, 03:37 PM
Seriously, there isn't much of an injury history with Wentz

https://media.giphy.com/media/rGDHqBXTeudTG/giphy.gif

Lehigh Football Nation
April 21st, 2016, 03:38 PM
Yep...

Not to mention Thompson violated pretty much every tackling rule there

clenz
April 21st, 2016, 03:43 PM
Not to mention Thompson violated pretty much every tackling rule there
He used better tackling form in Feb during a fight that lead to the mugshot of a photo I used for him:D

BisonBacker
April 21st, 2016, 06:34 PM
Wentz interview with the Rams

http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Rams-Exclusive-with-Carson-Wentz/faaf764f-69b4-4e63-938e-c034ffffb354

Goff Interview with the Rams

http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Rams-Exclusive-with-Jared-Goff/8295fdbc-8c38-43b8-869d-0fc91897afb8

Cocky
April 21st, 2016, 09:52 PM
I would take the Dayton QB.

BisonFan02
April 21st, 2016, 09:55 PM
I would take the Dayton QB.

....but has he ever flown on a plane?!?!?!

http://www.imcdb.org/i045614.jpg

Bisonoline
April 21st, 2016, 09:58 PM
....but has he ever flown on a plane?!?!?!

http://www.imcdb.org/i045614.jpg

Nope he had a scary landing.

BisonFan02
April 21st, 2016, 10:02 PM
Nope he had a scary landing.

Yeah....well...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22362&stc=1 YOU! xlolx

Bisonoline
April 21st, 2016, 10:04 PM
Yeah....well...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22362&stc=1 YOU! xlolx

Are you seeing things--Again?xnodx

BisonFan02
April 21st, 2016, 10:04 PM
Are you seeing things--Again?xnodx

Illuminati

Bisonoline
April 21st, 2016, 10:05 PM
Yeah....well...

Are you seeing things--Again?xnodx Or just delusional from all of that midol youre taking for the cramping?

BisonFan02
April 21st, 2016, 10:06 PM
Are you seeing things--Again?xnodx Or just delusional from all of that midol youre taking for the cramping?

Hey now! xlolx Friendly fire! :D

Bisonoline
April 21st, 2016, 10:53 PM
Hey now! xlolx Friendly fire! :D

Sorry that was meant for some one else.:D

Thumper 76
April 21st, 2016, 11:05 PM
Yeah....well...

Lol gotta be a special person to look for a middle finger in that xlolx

Bisonoline
April 21st, 2016, 11:34 PM
Lol gotta be a special person to look for a middle finger in that xlolx

Special doesnt come close to the appropriate description.

Franks Tanks
April 22nd, 2016, 08:57 AM
It makes no sense for the Eagles to keep Bradford at this point. As was stated and explained by another poster, Bradford would only cost 7 million next year to whomever he goes to due to the Eagles paying his signing bonus. The Eagles still have Sanchez and Chase Daniels, both of whom would be serviceable QB's for a little while if needed. Hopefully the Eagles can flip Bradford for some sorely needs draft picks.

Lets not forget that way back in 1999 Doug Peterson was brought in by Andy Reid to be the bridge and teacher for Donovan McNabb. The parallels here are uncanny.

In 99 new coach Andy Reid brought his back-up QB in Green Bay, Doug Pederson, to start a few games until the #2 pick Donovan McNabb was ready.

In 2016 new head coach Doug Pederson brought his back-up from KC, Chase Daniels, to start a few games until the #2 pick is ready.

Bradford does not fit into this equation. Sanchez may be gone as well if the Eagles can get anything of substance for him.

JSUSoutherner
April 22nd, 2016, 08:59 AM
It makes no sense for the Eagles to keep Bradford at this point. As was stated and explained by another poster, Bradford would only cost 7 million next year to whomever he goes to due to the Eagles paying his signing bonus. The Eagles still have Sanchez and Chase Daniels, both of whom would be serviceable QB's for a little while if needed. Hopefully the Eagles can flip Bradford for some sorely needs draft picks.

Lets not forget that way back in 1999 Doug Peterson was brought in by Andy Reid to be the bridge and teacher for Donovan McNabb. The parallels here are uncanny.

In 99 new coach Andy Reid brought his back-up QB in Green Bay, Doug Pederson, to start a few games until the #2 pick Donovan McNabb was ready.

In 2016 new head coach Doug Pederson brought his back-up from KC, Chase Daniels, to start a few games until the #2 pick is ready.

Bradford does not fit into this equation. Sanchez may be gone as well if the Eagles can get anything of substance for him.
Actually they don't have Sanchez. Elway does.

Franks Tanks
April 22nd, 2016, 09:14 AM
Actually they don't have Sanchez. Elway does.

Duh, my bad. Total brain fart there.

Still think Sam is gone, and the Eagles will ride with Chase until the young guy is ready.

bluehenbillk
April 22nd, 2016, 09:59 AM

Trading Bradford would be an $11M cap hit for the Eagles though, you'd think if they do deal him they're going to ask the other team to either absorb some of that hit or to be compensated in extra draft picks for it. The other part is that Lurie & Roseman don't want the PR nightmare of a 5-11 rebuilding year which would be likely if they dealt him & you went with Daniel as the starter.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 22nd, 2016, 10:12 AM
Trading Bradford would be an $11M cap hit for the Eagles though, you'd think if they do deal him they're going to ask the other team to either absorb some of that hit or to be compensated in extra draft picks for it. The other part is that Lurie & Roseman don't want the PR nightmare of a 5-11 rebuilding year which would be likely if they dealt him & you went with Daniel as the starter.

They might have been able to negotiate some of that had they simply traded Bradford first, BEFORE letting Sanchez go for nothing AND trading the farm away to get the No. 2 pick. Now? What incentive to other teams have to play ball with the Eagles? They know the Eagles want to dump him in the worst way and will bid accordingly.

As for the PR nightmare of that 5-11 team... that's in play if the real scenario plays out that Bradford refuses to play for them in 2016. Now, the Eagles have to pay Bradford, AND suck, AND have no draft picks to play with, AND take the cap hit. Also, 5-11 might be generous. Remember, Rueben Randle is currently their oldest and most experienced WR.

Bisonator
April 22nd, 2016, 10:30 AM
Serious question, what kind of draft pick would a team be willing to give for Bradford? My guess is not much. He has played 2 full seasons out of 6 with the most recent being 2012.

bluehenbillk
April 22nd, 2016, 10:32 AM
They might have been able to negotiate some of that had they simply traded Bradford first, BEFORE letting Sanchez go for nothing AND trading the farm away to get the No. 2 pick. Now? What incentive to other teams have to play ball with the Eagles? They know the Eagles want to dump him in the worst way and will bid accordingly.

As for the PR nightmare of that 5-11 team... that's in play if the real scenario plays out that Bradford refuses to play for them in 2016. Now, the Eagles have to pay Bradford, AND suck, AND have no draft picks to play with, AND take the cap hit. Also, 5-11 might be generous. Remember, Rueben Randle is currently their oldest and most experienced WR.

You won't find an argument here over the Eagles being a playoff team, because they're not. The team has a number of holes, WR is definitely one of them, the OL needs serious work & LB ain't pretty.

Bradford sitting out the year isn't an option, you can't effectively do it anymore with the new CBA. Not only doesn't he get paid but he gets fined for every day he holds out. The Eagles still have some leverage regarding trading Bradford. Do you think the Broncos desperately want to upgrade the QB position? How about the Jets? What about the team that has the QB get injured in training camp or preseason? Bradford isn't a top-10 NFL QB by any means, but he beats the alternatives that some teams have for sure.

If anyone should be kicking themselves it's Bradford & his agent. In hindsight, they signed too early with the Eagles, yes he got a lot of money for 1 year, but if he had waited he would've got a longer deal, worth more overall money, with a better chance to play longer somewhere else than in Philly.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 22nd, 2016, 10:41 AM
You won't find an argument here over the Eagles being a playoff team, because they're not. The team has a number of holes, WR is definitely one of them, the OL needs serious work & LB ain't pretty.

Bradford sitting out the year isn't an option, you can't effectively do it anymore with the new CBA. Not only doesn't he get paid but he gets fined for every day he holds out. The Eagles still have some leverage regarding trading Bradford. Do you think the Broncos desperately want to upgrade the QB position? How about the Jets? What about the team that has the QB get injured in training camp or preseason? Bradford isn't a top-10 NFL QB by any means, but he beats the alternatives that some teams have for sure.

If anyone should be kicking themselves it's Bradford & his agent. In hindsight, they signed too early with the Eagles, yes he got a lot of money for 1 year, but if he had waited he would've got a longer deal, worth more overall money, with a better chance to play longer somewhere else than in Philly.

I think my biggest issue with what the Eagles did was basically let their insurance policy (Sanchez) get away for basically nothing. If they had him they could shop Bradford as they saw fit, because they'd have someone they can work with as a starter if they traded him away. As you have probably guessed my faith in Chase Daniel hovers around my faith level in the thermometer in hell hitting below freezing.

I agree that Bradford's deal was horrible on Bradford's end. The two years was way too short in retrospect and certainly never envisioned him being anything but a huge success in Philly.

BisonTru
April 22nd, 2016, 12:20 PM
Remember, Rueben Randle is currently their oldest and most experienced WR.

Well, if the Eagles really value old experienced WRs I'm sure Terrell Owens is still looking. I think Ocho is playing up in Canada. Count me in the camp, I like being a little young in that position. Oh yeah, and they have Jordan Matthews. They also have Nelson Agholor, who wildly unperformed last season, but he's entering his sophomore season. He could still be really special given time.

I'm gonna say this and I'm sure most of you will just chalk it up to homerism, but just so I can come back to it. The Eagles could be pretty damn decent with either Wentz or Bradford especially now that they have a NFL coach.

bluehenbillk
April 22nd, 2016, 12:34 PM
I think my biggest issue with what the Eagles did was basically let their insurance policy (Sanchez) get away for basically nothing. If they had him they could shop Bradford as they saw fit, because they'd have someone they can work with as a starter if they traded him away. As you have probably guessed my faith in Chase Daniel hovers around my faith level in the thermometer in hell hitting below freezing.

I agree that Bradford's deal was horrible on Bradford's end. The two years was way too short in retrospect and certainly never envisioned him being anything but a huge success in Philly.

I don't disagree with you on Chase Daniel but given his relationship with Pedersen in KC that deal was almost written in stone when he became the coach in Philly. Either way they overpayed for Daniel.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 25th, 2016, 10:38 AM
Man, who could have seen this coming? xrolleyesx

Adam Schefter (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter)
@AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter)

Eagles have been informed Sam Bradford wants to be traded and he will not be showing up for their off-season program any longer, per source.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 25th, 2016, 10:53 AM

Oh how they laughed when I said Fitzpatrick would end up on the Eagles and Bradford would be on the Jets. That very possibility now has Jets Twitter alight.

Professor Chaos
April 25th, 2016, 11:01 AM
So Bradford is doing a nice job of validating Philly's assertion that he's not the answer at QB. I only wonder why Philly's brass couldn't have figured that out before signing him to his new contract.

Oh how they laughed when I said Fitzpatrick would end up on the Eagles and Bradford would be on the Jets. That very possibility now has Jets Twitter alight.
I was laughing because you seemed to think that Jets could trade Fitzpatrick even though he is a free agent.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 25th, 2016, 11:03 AM
So Bradford is doing a nice job of validating Philly's assertion that he's not the answer at QB. I only wonder why Philly's brass couldn't have figured that out before signing him to his new contract.

Philly's brass couldn't find their way out of a multiple-choice test with the answer key in front of them.

Any brass worth their salt would have shuttled him out of town before trading up.

Ian Rapoport (https://twitter.com/RapSheet)
@RapSheet (https://twitter.com/RapSheet)

#Eagles (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Eagles) were blindsided by Sam Bradford's trade request, but have not budged on their view: He is their starter. That remains the case.

The prosecution rests.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 25th, 2016, 11:09 AM
I was laughing because you seemed to think that Jets could trade Fitzpatrick even though he is a free agent.

I said deal, not trade.

Professor Chaos
April 25th, 2016, 11:40 AM
I said deal, not trade.
Hmmmm....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?181376-Eagles-trade-up-to-2&p=2335456&viewfull=1#post2335456

Lehigh Football Nation
April 25th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Hmmmm....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?181376-Eagles-trade-up-to-2&p=2335456&viewfull=1#post2335456

Fair. Still might end up essentially as a trade.

Professor Chaos
April 25th, 2016, 11:49 AM
Fair. Still might end up essentially as a trade.
Possibly. However, Fitzpatrick has stonewalled the Jets with his ridiculous contract demands so not sure a team like the Eagles looking for a stop gap would be in his market even if they unload Bradford. He apparently wants an Osweiler like deal, maybe not in terms of years, but he does want than kind of money ($18M) annually. The QB market is drying up though so he's probably going to pressured into settling on something a little more reasonable from the team's perspective.

Fitzpatrick is a Harvard guy so hopefully he's smarter than Bradford and realizes that guys like them at this point in their careers should take all the money they can get while teams are still willing to pay them.

BisonTru
April 25th, 2016, 12:21 PM
Philly's brass couldn't find their way out of a multiple-choice test with the answer key in front of them.

Any brass worth their salt would have shuttled him out of town before trading up.

Ian Rapoport (https://twitter.com/RapSheet)
@RapSheet (https://twitter.com/RapSheet)

#Eagles (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Eagles) were blindsided by Sam Bradford's trade request, but have not budged on their view: He is their starter. That remains the case.

The prosecution rests.

Yay, now we have two quarterbacks with fat lower lips, over inflated contracts, and I don't want to compete attitudes. I don't know who these guys are surrounding them selves with, but they aren't giving them the best advice. Both are sitting in positions that they could easily earn the starting job and earn their next pay check. Maybe it won't be in Philly or SF and by the sounds of it you don't want to be there anyway. Give teams a reason to go after you.

BTW - the two teams that desperately need a QB, Jets and Broncos, don't have the cap room for Bradford's contract. He either takes a pay cut or the Eagles adsorb a chunk of his contract.

tribe_pride
April 25th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Yay, now we have two quarterbacks with fat lower lips, over inflated contracts, and I don't want to compete attitudes. I don't know who these guys are surrounding them selves with, but they aren't giving them the best advice. Both are sitting in positions that they could easily earn the starting job and earn their next pay check. Maybe it won't be in Philly or SF and by the sounds of it you don't want to be there anyway. Give teams a reason to go after you.

BTW - the two teams that desperately need a QB, Jets and Broncos, don't have the cap room for Bradford's contract. He either takes a pay cut or the Eagles adsorb a chunk of his contract.

Not sure a trade will happen but Bradford's cap hit to a traded team is not that bad. He signed a 2 year deal with an $11,000,000 signing bonus. Year 1 is $7,000,000 and Year 2 is $13,000,000 plus $4,000,000 roster bonus in Mach 2017. If Eagles trade him soon, the Eagles get stuck with the $11,000,000 cap hit for the guarantee since they paid it and the other team gets him for $7,000,000 (only cap hit unless something else thrown in to trade) and can cut him if they don't want to pay him $17,000,000 next year.

Gangtackle11
April 25th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Old Colin K. gets to Denver then Cow Chip can have a reunion with either Bradford or Sanchez.

dgtw
April 25th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Nothing boosts your trade value like being a whiny malcontent.

gsf23nd
April 25th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Man, who could have seen this coming? xrolleyesx

Adam Schefter (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter)
@AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter)

Eagles have been informed Sam Bradford wants to be traded and he will not be showing up for their off-season program any longer, per source.

Guess Bradford doesn't think he could beat out a kid from North Dakota State

BisonTru
April 25th, 2016, 03:27 PM
Benjamin Allbright ‏@AllbrightNFL (https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL) 20m20 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/724691074912911360)
Oof: Texted to me from NFL source:"Oh Sam Bradford isn't showing up? At least that's consistent with the rest of his NFL career."

SUPharmacist
April 25th, 2016, 03:43 PM

Maybe, or it might be that he knows if the Eagles are going to use that high of a draft pick on a QB he thinks he will not get a fair shake. Don't know if he is right or wrong, either way he needs to talk quietly to the organization about it and not air it in the press.

clenz
April 25th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Maybe, or it might be that he knows if the Eagles are going to use that high of a draft pick on a QB he thinks he will not get a fair shake. Don't know if he is right or wrong, either way he needs to talk quietly to the organization about it and not air it in the press.
Probably both.

A team doesn't take a QB with a top 2 pick and no find a way to force him into the line up early, no matter who is on the roster.

BisonTru
April 25th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Probably both.

A team doesn't take a QB with a top 2 pick and no find a way to force him into the line up early, no matter who is on the roster.

Why? Why would you force the rookie to play early just because you picked him high? You play him if he's ready. If not, this is a pretty good situation for everyone. Bradford can play and audition himself for his next gig. The rookie can sit and learn. If Bradford doesn't think he can beat out the rookie for the job, I certainly don't have any faith in him being my starting QB.

Twentysix
April 25th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Do NFL contracts not stipulate practicing and showing up to off-season programs?

I mean, couldn't he be potentially throwing his NFL career away if he is violating his contract and they can get rid of him w/o a trade? Usually a contractual guarantee is only valid so long as the contract isn't violated, right?

BisonTru
April 25th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Do NFL contracts not stipulate practicing and showing up to off-season programs?

I mean, couldn't he be potentially throwing his NFL career away if he is violating his contract and they can get rid of him w/o a trade? Usually a contractual guarantee is only valid so long as the contract isn't violated, right?

They can fine him for not showing up to work outs. Also he will have to pay back up to 25% of his signing bonus if he misses training camp.

clenz
April 25th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Why? Why would you force the rookie to play early just because you picked him high? You play him if he's ready. If not, this is a pretty good situation for everyone. Bradford can play and audition himself for his next gig. The rookie can sit and learn. If Bradford doesn't think he can beat out the rookie for the job, I certainly don't have any faith in him being my starting QB.
You don't follow the NFL much, do you?

Lehigh Football Nation
April 25th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Perhaps, just perhaps, Bradford thinks that the Eagles are actively dismantling the team around him, and that he feels he's being set up to stay in Philly in a situation where he is destined to fail.

Let's say your company got reorganized, a brand-new boss comes in, pisses all over the former management, and takes away 50% of your resources. And you're in a profession - starting QB - where there is a tiny supply and high demand. Would you honestly try to stick it out and "audition for the next gig" in that circumstance? Bradford's going to risk his knees and his safety for a year so that he can audition for a starting job... in 2017? He can have a starting job in 2016, for a team that appreciates him now. Or he can sit out a year on his millions, happily pay some fines, and stay healthy.

Honestly I get it, you want Wentz to succeed (so do I by the way) but unfortunately I know the Eagles management foibles a little too well. Having Bradford stick around for a team that has crapped on him and his former head coach is extremely unrealistic.

BisonTru
April 25th, 2016, 05:08 PM
You don't follow the NFL much, do you?

Rookies get thrown in earlier than they should because the team doesn't have any other options. Bradford would be a nice bridge quarterback, which is why the Eagles would like to keep him. Bradford is having a hard time embracing that roll.

He's made close to 90 million dollars in the NFL and hasn't won a playoff game. Go out and compete.

344Johnson
April 25th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Rookies get thrown in earlier than they should because the team doesn't have any other options. Bradford would be a nice bridge quarterback, which is why the Eagles would like to keep him. Bradford is having a hard time embracing that roll.

He's made close to 90 million dollars in the NFL and hasn't won a playoff game. Go out and compete.

I'd have a hard time with that too.

Tough to compete when the team has mortgaged their future on another quarterback.

Bisonator
April 25th, 2016, 05:19 PM

Tough to compete when the team has mortgaged their future on another quarterback.
Probably shouldn't have signed a 2 year deal then.

BisonTru
April 25th, 2016, 05:28 PM

Good thing Kurt Warner didn't have that attitude after they drafted Leinert. He went out and competed and played four more seasons for the Cards and started all but 4 games when healthy.

Bisonoline
April 25th, 2016, 05:34 PM

You go out and compete regardless off who the team has acquired. Doesnt show much of a competitive spirit or confidence in ones self if he packs it in when he knows theres going to be competition when he shows up in camp.

344Johnson
April 25th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Good thing Kurt Warner didn't have that attitude after they drafted Leinert. He went out and competed and played four more seasons for the Cards and started all but 4 games when healthy.

Kurt Warner was on the back nine of his career and had and I don't believe the Cardinals traded the farm to get Matt Leinert.

Kurt Warner didn't stick around for the second year of his contract in New York after getting benched halfway through the season for rookie Eli Manning. So...you are right. He didn't have that attitude after joining Arizona...he had it BEFORE he went to Arizona.

BisonTru
April 25th, 2016, 05:46 PM
Kurt Warner was on the back nine of his career and had and I don't believe the Cardinals traded the farm to get Matt Leinert.

Kurt Warner didn't stick around for the second year of his contract in New York after getting benched halfway through the season for rookie Eli Manning. So...you are right. He didn't have that attitude after joining Arizona...he had it BEFORE he went to Arizona.

No he didn't. If he had Bradford's attitude he would have demanded a trade when they drafted Eli. He stayed, competed, won a few games, lost a few, got replaced by the new rookie and then moved on after the season to Arizona. Bradford's opportunity is almost exactly like Warner in both NYG or Arizona. Go out and compete. I have zero sympathy for Bradford.

344Johnson
April 25th, 2016, 05:53 PM
You go out and compete regardless off who the team has acquired. Doesnt show much of a competitive spirit or confidence in ones self if he packs it in when he knows theres going to be competition when he shows up in camp.

I'm with you. I don't like how he's handling the situation. I think I'd be pretty mad though if I was him and can't say how I'd respond to it.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 25th, 2016, 05:54 PM
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/sam-bradford-news-hurts-eagles-family-atmosphere

Bradford hasn’t achieved much of anything in the NFL and didn’t find success in Philly last year until the last half of his season. But his teammates seem to like him, especially young and talented players like Jordan Matthews and Ertz.

It’s fair to wonder if the bitter taste in Bradford’s mouth will affect his teammates and to what degree. It’s also fair to wonder if the lasting effects would be felt even after a hypothetical trade to get Bradford out of town.

The writer tiptoes about the idea by saying "undoing the damage Chip caused", but it is really spite for Chip Kelly, plain and simple, and the examination of the actual record proves it.

Maybe the Eagles will pass over Wentz and take an OL.

Seriously, if you were a QB, would you want to step into this mess?

POD Knows
April 25th, 2016, 06:07 PM
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/sam-bradford-news-hurts-eagles-family-atmosphere

The writer tiptoes about the idea by saying "undoing the damage Chip caused", but it is really spite for Chip Kelly, plain and simple, and the examination of the actual record proves it.

Maybe the Eagles will pass over Wentz and take an OL.

I wouldn't but Wentz is cut from different cloth.

BisonTru
April 25th, 2016, 06:13 PM

I've been mentally preparing to try and root for the Browns for the past few months. I'll take Philly. xdrunkyx

BisonTru
April 25th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Does anyone feel sorry for Sam Bradford? QB needs to quit whininghttp://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25566490/does-anyone-feel-sorry-for-sam-bradford-eagles-qb-needs-to-quit-whining

"I can't believe Condon is actually doing this," said one high-ranking team official. "I don't understand it at all. This is not the way he operates. Bradford needs to keep his mouth shut with all of the money he is being paid. It's not like he signed a long-term deal. At most it's a two-year deal. Come on, what were his expectations when he signed? He needs to shut up and show up and show he can play and try to set himself to get paid again somewhere else. He's going to skip mini-camp? Really? No one is going to come out of this looking good, now. Not them or the Eagles. The only way he can create a market for himself is by playing and playing well. Not by asking for a trade."

POD Knows
April 25th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Does anyone feel sorry for Sam Bradford? QB needs to quit whining

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25566490/does-anyone-feel-sorry-for-sam-bradford-eagles-qb-needs-to-quit-whining

[/FONT][/COLOR]

He would have no credibility in the huddle at this point. Let's face it, next to Navy Seals, NFL players are probably the harshest freemen in the world. They don't like pussies and whiners, I think Bradford is easing himself into that camp.

bluehenbillk
April 25th, 2016, 07:52 PM

The Eagles have been consistent all along saying they intend on drafting a QB and they don't expect him to play much, if at all, this season. All the reports here have been they're not highly confident either QB would be ready to succeed in the NFL as a rookie.

Part of me shakes my head at the idea at red-shirting the #2 pick but on the other hand Philly isn't exactly a patient town.

ngineer
April 25th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Bradford acting like an ass. Hey Sam, grow a pair, man up, and live up to your contract. He better retract tomorrow or the reception he receives will be ugly come August...from the fans. Pathetic pussy.

JSUSoutherner
April 25th, 2016, 08:12 PM
He would have no credibility in the huddle at this point. Let's face it, next to Navy Seals, MOST NFL players are probably the harshest freemen in the world. They don't like pussies and whiners, I think Bradford is easing himself into that camp.
FIFY

There's a handful that are total pansies.

dgtw
April 25th, 2016, 08:12 PM
I would gladly carry a clipboard for what Bradford is making.

Bisonoline
April 25th, 2016, 09:16 PM
He wants a trade? Nobody wanted him when he was coming up as a free agent. As ****ty as he is I cant believe how much money the eagles gave that pussy.

MR. CHICKEN
April 25th, 2016, 09:31 PM
....SAM WANTS UH TRADE....xconfusedx...IFIN' ANYONE WOOD REALLY WANT UH TRADE...SHOOD BE DUH IGGLES........HIS BIG TWO YEAR DEAL........AN' DUH HUGE SIGNIN' BONUS...COMIN' CARSON'S WAY.....FO' SAME POSITION.......BUT PHILLY WANTS TA PABLUM WENTZ UP.......AN' EXPECTS BRADFORD.....ON FIELD.......HE'S WALKIN' DUH THIN LINE...O'.....B-COMIN' DUH NEXT SANCHEZ...(INSURANCE MAN).....(JOURNEYMAN)........HE BETTERAH TAKE THIS OPPURTUNITY.......IFIN' HE WANTS TA MAKE REAL LARGE FUTURE DUCATS.........BRAWK!

Bisonator
April 25th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Just remember that the draft isn't until Thursday night. The Rams are on the clock.;)

AmsterBison
April 26th, 2016, 07:00 AM
So this ESPN analyst is on and they are talking about Wentz and somebody brings up Joe Flacco. The other guy was like "Yeah, he went to an FCS school BUT HE THREW SIX PASSES AT PITT." It's like those six passes in mop-up time legitimized Flacco somehow... well, Wentz threw 28 passes against a P5 team and helped score 34 unanswered points. You'd think that if they stopped right there and thought about what they're saying, they'd realize that "Wow, what I just said? That was stupid."

bluehenbillk
April 26th, 2016, 07:23 AM
So this ESPN analyst is on and they are talking about Wentz and somebody brings up Joe Flacco. The other guy was like "Yeah, he went to an FCS school BUT HE THREW SIX PASSES AT PITT." It's like those six passes in mop-up time legitimized Flacco somehow... well, Wentz threw 28 passes against a P5 team and helped score 34 unanswered points. You'd think that if they stopped right there and thought about what they're saying, they'd realize that "Wow, what I just said? That was stupid."

Flacco hung 59 points on a FBS bowl team, what's your point?

clenz
April 26th, 2016, 08:09 AM

You don't follow the NFL and QB's much do you?

You don't draft a QB that high, no matter who is on your roster (because if you are drafting a QB that high you don't have the answer on your roster), give up everything that LA and Philly did and then not play him within the first quarter of the season.

That's simply not how the NFL works.

bluehenbillk
April 26th, 2016, 08:11 AM
It's happy days in Philly. Fletcher Cox holding out, Sam Bradford holding out.....

Lehigh Football Nation
April 26th, 2016, 08:33 AM
I have a very hard time believing that if anyone's boss on here tasked you with train your replacement for the glory of your replacement and the company in three years, with you gone in two years, you'd simply "man up" and train the kid.

Loyalty is earned. Exactly what have the Eagles brass done to earn the loyalty of Bradford? They fired the guy that brought him here. They are dismantling the team around him. And they only offered him a 2 year contract.

Bisonator
April 26th, 2016, 08:38 AM
I have a very hard time believing that if anyone's boss on here tasked you with train your replacement for the glory of your replacement and the company in three years, with you gone in two years, you'd simply "man up" and train the kid.

Loyalty is earned. Exactly what have the Eagles brass done to earn the loyalty of Bradford? They fired the guy that brought him here. They are dismantling the team around him. And they only offered him a 2 year contract.
Which he gladly excepted. He should be blaming himself and his agent not the Eagles.

Bisonator
April 26th, 2016, 08:53 AM
I think his point was the media's dismissal of FCS competition and your statement kind of supports that point. I don't think it was a slight to Flacco. What's your point?

MR. CHICKEN
April 26th, 2016, 08:56 AM

....PEDERSON CAN MENTOR WENTZ........BRADFORD'S BEEN PAID FO' LOYALTY........BRAWK!

Professor Chaos
April 26th, 2016, 09:00 AM

I'm not and I don't think anyone else is saying he should be happy about it but to hold out like he has some kind of leverage given his career track record is laughable. If he doesn't want to mentor the young guy so be it but how about honoring the contract he just signed instead of being a petulant child about having to compete to keep his starting spot for the first time in his life. Like Bisonator said, no one forced him to sign that contract. If he thought that the Eagles offering him a 2 year deal signified a long term commitment to him he's dumber than I thought.

AmsterBison
April 26th, 2016, 09:07 AM

My point was that it seemed like the ESPN dude would have said, "Yeah, Joe hung 59 points on an FBS bowl team, but he did it at an FCS school. It is his 6 throws at Pitt which make him a more acceptable draft prospect."

Gotta say, I watched two Delaware playoff game repeats this last week and Joe Flacco really looked good... the ball just launched out of his hand seemingly without effort. Carson Wentz looks like he is putting more effort to get that kind of velocity.

BisonTru
April 26th, 2016, 10:09 AM
You don't follow the NFL and QB's much do you?

You don't draft a QB that high, no matter who is on your roster (because if you are drafting a QB that high you don't have the answer on your roster), give up everything that LA and Philly did and then not play him within the first quarter of the season.

That's simply not how the NFL works.

This coming from the guy who thinks two separate coaches ruined RG3. xbangx

Scroll down a little in the thread clenzy. You'll see I brought up your boy, Warner. He served as the bridge quarterback for two high draft picks. Eli Manning and Matt Leinert. He started the season in NY. Halfway through the season Eli had won over the job and replaced him. Then he goes to AZ where they draft Leinert. He doesn't pout or ask for a trade even despite him being replaced just a couple seasons ago for a high rookie. In AZ, Matt never beat out Kurt at least not long term and Kurt played four more seasons after they drafted the USC product.

Also, see Phillip Rivers/Drew Brees.

AmsterBison
April 26th, 2016, 10:20 AM

I'd hope that if I had signed a contract to do some work that I would do my damn job to the best of my abilities whether they were paying me $8 million or $80 thousand a year.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 26th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Also, see Phillip Rivers/Drew Brees.

1. Brees was drafted as the first pick of the second round, and was expected to lay in wait while Doug Flutie babysat the position. Instead Brees started all season.

2. Rivers was drafted in 2002, and Brees then put on a monster season, helping the Chargers make the playoffs. Brees was a 2nd year QB, with his entire career ahead of him. Despite the great season, Brees interpreted, rightly, that signing Rivers was a "no confidence" vote from Chargers management that they truly didn't want him around.

3. Brees didn't have any choice to test the free agent waters in 2003 and 2004 because the Chargers (somewhat spitefully) designated him as their franchise player, meaning he wasn't able to simply shop his services around to any team he chose. They had to go through the Chargers brass, and they could match any deal. So it's not like Brees was with the Chargers willingly. He was stuck there.

4. At the end of his time with the Chargers, Brees suffered a torn labrum that very nearly derailed his career. Now finally a free agent (because Rivers was finally "ready"), he now had to shop around the NFL as a medical risk. Only the Dolphins and rebuilding Saints were interested in taking on a medical risk, and ultimately the Saints, with new head coach Sean Payton, did.

Not surprising that Sam Bradford might not want to navigate this sort of minefield.

bluehenbillk
April 26th, 2016, 10:30 AM
The Broncos & Jets are the only two teams I see really vying for Bradford. Denver supposedly has already reached out & said the Eagles asking price was "too high".

tribe_pride
April 26th, 2016, 10:33 AM

Agreed but they also guaranteed the guy a payment of $22 million when he has (1) only played a full season 2 out of 6 seasons, (2) had a Rating that was 26th in the NFL last year and never in the top 10, and (3) had a QBR that was 31st last year and never a good one. If I was one of the worst in my profession last year and didn't work at all the year before, I would be out of my job and would not have gotten an almost 70% raise from my same employer (2015 - $12.985 million to 2016 - $22 million - I get the cap numbers are different but when he gets the salary is what I am talking about).

clenz
April 26th, 2016, 10:37 AM
My point was that it seemed like the ESPN dude would have said, "Yeah, Joe hung 59 points on an FBS bowl team, but he did it at an FCS school. It is his 6 throws at Pitt which make him a more acceptable draft prospect."

Gotta say, I watched two Delaware playoff game repeats this last week and Joe Flacco really looked good... the ball just launched out of his hand seemingly without effort. Carson Wentz looks like he is putting more effort to get that kind of velocity.
I've said this elsewhere but since you said this...

I've watched a lot of QB's come into the UNIDome. There isn't a single one to ever look as completely effortless in everything they did as Flacco. Warming up he was throwing 70 yards, on a freaking rope, with zero effort behind it. Just a standard step and throw, like most QBs do under 20-25 yards. Oh, it was right in the numbers as well. Watching All American 280lb defensive lineman literally bounce off of his back on a blind side hit the entire game.

It was like a Weeble Wobble, if you filled it with cement.

BisonTru
April 26th, 2016, 10:38 AM
1. Brees was drafted as the first pick of the second round, and was expected to lay in wait while Doug Flutie babysat the position. Instead Brees started all season.

2. Rivers was drafted in 2002, and Brees then put on a monster season, helping the Chargers make the playoffs. Brees was a 2nd year QB, with his entire career ahead of him. Despite the great season, Brees interpreted, rightly, that signing Rivers was a "no confidence" vote from Chargers management that they truly didn't want him around.

3. Brees didn't have any choice to test the free agent waters in 2003 and 2004 because the Chargers (somewhat spitefully) designated him as their franchise player, meaning he wasn't able to simply shop his services around to any team he chose. They had to go through the Chargers brass, and they could match any deal. So it's not like Brees was with the Chargers willingly. He was stuck there.

4. At the end of his time with the Chargers, Brees suffered a torn labrum that very nearly derailed his career. Now finally a free agent (because Rivers was finally "ready"), he now had to shop around the NFL as a medical risk. Only the Dolphins and rebuilding Saints were interested in taking on a medical risk, and ultimately the Saints, with new head coach Sean Payton, did.

Not surprising that Sam Bradford might not want to navigate this sort of minefield.

Brees was the starting quarterback when the Chargers drafted Eli who was traded for Rivers. Brees didn't pout or ask for a trade. He manned up and didn't let Rivers have the job. Quite a few years later we now know both of them are damn good quarterbacks. Earn your spot every damn day. If you don't have that attitude, I don't want you on my team.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 26th, 2016, 10:42 AM
I'm already trying to figure out a deal where the Saints get extra draft picks and act as a liaison to reroute Sam Bradford to San Francisco from the Eagles.

Saints acquire Bradford, give up a 4th rounder and CJ Spiller
Saints trade Bradford to SF and receive swap of No. 1 picks, a 3rd rounder, a 7th rounder, and Anquan Boldin

Lehigh Football Nation
April 26th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Brees was the starting quarterback when the Chargers drafted Eli who was traded for Rivers. Brees didn't pout or ask for a trade. He manned up and didn't let Rivers have the job. Quite a few years later we now know both of them are damn good quarterbacks. Earn your spot every damn day. If you don't have that attitude, I don't want you on my team.

He didn't pout because the way the rules were set up the Chargers owned his ass and there was nothing he could do about it.

He was also a 2nd year QB with plenty of years to "prove himself" somewhere else. Bradford is not in that situation.

344Johnson
April 26th, 2016, 10:54 AM

He didn't pout because the way the rules were set up the Chargers owned his ass and there was nothing he could do about it.

He was also a 2nd year QB with plenty of years to "prove himself" somewhere else. Bradford is not in that situation.

Rivers came in '04. Brees was going into his 4th season. Then Rivers had his two redshirt years...and Brees chose to leave.

BisonTru
April 26th, 2016, 10:56 AM
I'm already trying to figure out a deal where the Saints get extra draft picks and act as a liaison to reroute Sam Bradford to San Francisco from the Eagles.

Saints trade Bradford to SF and receive swap of No. 1 picks, a 3rd rounder, a 7th rounder, and Michael Crabtree

I don't know how Oakland gets involved. Crabtree is in Oakland been there for a year, but I don't follow the NFL much. xdrunkyx

I would love to see this. Kaep and Bradford both in SF. I want the job coach. No, I want the job. Well, guys were going to hold a competition.

http://media.philly.com/images/092015_sad-bradford_600.jpg

http://www.ballhawksnest.com/uploads/1/3/2/6/13262629/3964551_orig.jpg

The Eagles own Bradford's ass. ANYBODY can hold out and request a trade.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 26th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Stupid. I meant Boldin.

Being designated "franchise player" meant that even had the Chargers traded him they would have gotten compensatory draft picks.

Daytripper
April 26th, 2016, 11:18 AM

Saints trade Bradford to SF and receive swap of No. 1 picks, a 3rd rounder, a 7th rounder, and Anquan Boldin

No way the Niners give up that much for a mediocre, fragile, whining quarterback.

BisonTru
April 26th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Stupid. I meant Boldin.

Being designated "franchise player" meant that even had the Chargers traded him they would have gotten compensatory draft picks.

Franchised players almost always hold out. It's almost standard practice. However, guys may want to rethink a little more after Josh Norman got his deal pulled.

Kirk Cousins just got franchised. What impresses me is he didn't hold out. He signed the tender and said I'll be there for all voluntary or non voluntary workouts. You guys don't believe in me long term, fine, I'll prove it to you.

JSUSoutherner
April 26th, 2016, 11:41 AM

Nope. Wouldn't happen. As long as they have Kaepernick they don't need a QB.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 26th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Nope. Wouldn't happen. As long as they have Kaepernick they don't need a QB.

Kaep to Broncos is the missing piece to my puzzle

Bisonator

Are you high? You have an unbelievably high value of Bradford. Even more then himself it would seem. xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
Franchised players almost always hold out. It's almost standard practice. However, guys may want to rethink a little more after Josh Norman got his deal pulled.

Kirk Cousins just got franchised. What impresses me is he didn't hold out. He signed the tender and said I'll be there for all voluntary or non voluntary workouts. You guys don't believe in me long term, fine, I'll prove it to you.

Pretty sure that's the first time I've seen "impressed" and "Kirk Cousins" in the same league of sentences

clenz
April 26th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Are you high? You have an unbelievably high value of Bradford. Even more then himself it would seem. xlolx
No worse than what the Rams and Eagles gave up for complete unknowns with injury histories.

Bisonator
April 26th, 2016, 11:50 AM
No worse than what the Rams and Eagles gave up for complete unknowns with injury histories.

That's precisely what happens with these trades. You give up a ton for the unknown not for a known commodity.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 26th, 2016, 11:51 AM

Bradford would be reunited with Chip in a place that wants him, and Bradford isn't nearly as bad a QB as Bison fans and Eagles fans apparently have convinced themselves he is.

Bisonator
April 26th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Bradford would be reunited with Chip in a place that wants him, and Bradford isn't nearly as bad a QB as Bison fans and Eagles fans apparently have convinced themselves he is.
If he loved Chip and his offense so much wtf didn't he go there as a FA?

JSUSoutherner
April 26th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Kaep to Broncos is the missing piece to my puzzle
It could have happened it Kaepernick would have just taken the pay cut.

bluehenbillk
April 26th, 2016, 12:00 PM

Bradford isn't a bad QB, but he's not a real good QB either. If there are 32 starting QB's in the NFL, he's somewhere between 17-24.

tribe_pride
April 26th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Pretty sure that's the first time I've seen "impressed" and "Kirk Cousins" in the same league of sentences

He was solid last year. 29 TDs to only 11 Ints throwing for 4,166 yards and 69.8% completion %.

I know you don't like the Skins but most teams would have taken those numbers from their QB in a heartbeat. Obviously there are better ones out there but he did extremely well in his first full year as a starter.

BisonTru
April 26th, 2016, 12:07 PM

Yeah, I scratch my head how so many people can be so low on Wentz, but then I realize a lot of people prefer divas with piss poor attitudes at the QB position.

IDK, I'm still shocked people thought Manziel was going to workout, but the Browns did. They are also not as high on Wentz as the Eagles. Time will tell.

tribe_pride
April 26th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I scratch my head how so many people can be so low on Wentz, but then I realize a lot of people prefer divas with piss poor attitudes at the QB position.

IDK, I'm still shocked people thought Manziel was going to workout, but the Browns did. They are also not as high on Wentz as the Eagles. Time will tell.

Not sure how many people outside the Browns (and Cowboys and Texas A&M) thought Manziel would do well. Most thought between his size (because he was a scrambler who got hit in college and would be worse in the NFL) and his attitude in college, there would be issues

Also, did you mean to quote LFN on that quote as I don't think there is that much of an issue with Cousins.

MR. CHICKEN
April 26th, 2016, 12:24 PM
...ONE SITES....2015/16...QB RATIN'S..........YES BRADFORD IS RATED #25........BRAWK!

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/qb-rating-nfl

...AH CHECKED SEVERAL RATIN' SITES....RESULTS AFTERAH TOP 10.....ARE ALL OVERAH DUH PLACE...........POSTED DIS ONE.......TA PI$$ OFF SAM.....AWK!

BisonTru
April 26th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Not sure how many people outside the Browns (and Cowboys and Texas A&M) thought Manziel would do well. Most thought between his size (because he was a scrambler who got hit in college and would be worse in the NFL) and his attitude in college, there would be issues

Also, did you mean to quote LFN on that quote as I don't think there is that much of an issue with Cousins.

I suppose I could have quoted you as well. Like I said earlier I am impressed with Cousins attitude to being franchised. One trait I see in every successful long term starter in the NFL is great work ethic and attitude. It doesn't mean Cousins will be successful, but he holds some traits that, IMHO, are essential to become a solid starter in this league. I see these same traits in both Goff and Wentz.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 26th, 2016, 12:33 PM
I suppose I could have quoted you as well. Like I said earlier I am impressed with Cousins attitude to being franchised. One trait I see in every successful long term starter in the NFL is great work ethic and attitude. It doesn't mean Cousins will be successful, but he holds some traits that, IMHO, are essential to become a solid starter in this league. I see these same traits in both Goff and Wentz.

"Carson Wentz - The Next Kirk Cousins" isn't something I would be trying to shop to Eagles fans

BisonTru
April 26th, 2016, 12:37 PM
"Carson Wentz - The Next Kirk Cousins" isn't something I would be trying to shop to Eagles fans

That's what you got out of that? BTW - Manziel is still a free agent and he can probably be had for signing bonus of a twelve pack and a retainer on a decent defense attorney.

BisonFan02
April 26th, 2016, 02:12 PM
That's what you got out of that? BTW - Manziel is still a free agent and he can probably be had for signing bonus of a twelve pack and a retainer on a decent defense attorney.

JaMarcus Russell just said he would play for free....your move Manziel. xlolx

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15384038/jamarcus-russell-says-play-free-just-wants-another-chance

Bisonator
April 26th, 2016, 02:39 PM
JaMarcus Russell just said he would play for free....your move Manziel. xlolx

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15384038/jamarcus-russell-says-play-free-just-wants-another-chance

Johnny's next move is a court room, after he parties first of course.

JSUSoutherner
April 26th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Johnny's next move is a court room, after he parties first of course.
I hope he never gets signed back into the NFL. What a waste of air.

BisonTru
April 26th, 2016, 07:11 PM
I hope he never gets signed back into the NFL. What a waste of air.

He's been fired by two agents. I can't ever remember anyone getting fired from their agent. Honestly I just hope he gets some help.

superman7515
April 26th, 2016, 08:29 PM
I listen to Mikey Miss every afternoon - classic stuff - best in the city!

Did you catch him today? Dude was hysterical. Wentz wrote some article for "The Players Tribune" and Mikey Miss ripped him to shreds. He said something about there being no difference between playing football in North Dakota and the Rose Bowl and Mikey said that may have been the most assinine comment a QB has ever been dumb enough to publish, then started questioning if he actually graduated or if it was just a case of North Dakota being the midwest version of Mississippi and said he must have a degree in hay baling or tumbleweed construction.

Wentz and Eagles fans are going to go together like gas and matches if the local media gets their way. I think he may have been better off in Cleveland, at least they would have hoped for him to succeed instead of hoping he crashes and burns so they can claim they were right the whole time.

Twentysix
April 26th, 2016, 08:33 PM
Did you catch him today? Dude was hysterical. Wentz wrote some article for "The Players Tribune" and Mikey Miss ripped him to shreds. He said something about there being no difference between playing football in North Dakota and the Rose Bowl and Mikey said that may have been the most assinine comment a QB has ever been dumb enough to publish, then started questioning if he actually graduated or if it was just a case of North Dakota being the midwest version of Mississippi and said he must have a degree in hay baling or tumbleweed construction.

Wentz and Eagles fans are going to go together like gas and matches if the local media gets their way. I think he may have been better off in Cleveland, at least they would have hoped for him to succeed instead of hoping he crashes and burns so they can claim they were right the whole time.

Lol. What a pack of asshats.

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 26th, 2016, 08:34 PM

Will not matter.

Wentz is going to LA.

MR. CHICKEN
April 26th, 2016, 08:39 PM
........YA WENT AN' DUNNIT SUPEY...EVERAH JOHN DEERE....IN NORFF DAKOTAH......IS GASSED AN' PRIMED......TA GO GET MIKEY....IFIN' WENTZ'S DEGREE....IS IN HAY BAILIN'........HE MUST BE REAL GOOD.....SOME BIZON FAN...WAS BRAGGIN'.....'BOUT HIS GPA....WAS LIKE 2x4.0 .....................BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
April 26th, 2016, 08:44 PM
Will not matter.

Wentz is going to LA.

.....MAYBEAH BEST.....DON'T WANNAH HEAR DUH BIZONSSSS COMPLAIN....ON PHILLY....FO' WHAT'S LEFT......UH MAH NATURAL LIFE....xprayxxprayxxprayx.........AWK!

TheKingpin28
April 27th, 2016, 01:43 AM
Lol. What a pack of asshats.

That is Philadelphia fans for you in general. They trash everything they can, blame something else for their own problems, and are just classless in all ways. I went to a Flyers when I was visiting there for a spring getaway, and I decided to go to a game. I wasnt even representing any team and they heckled me throughout the game thinking I was a Penguins fan in disguise. I had to show them my Minnesota ID and a picture of me wearing my Wild Jersey (original away one from when they were conceived as a team) just so they would stop being dicks. That is the one sports city that I would not mind seeing suffer for eternity. Anyone who has been there as an away fan knows how bad it can get. I've heard Eagles games get much worse.

superman7515
April 27th, 2016, 05:53 AM
Anyone who has been there as an away fan knows how bad it can get. I've heard Eagles games get much worse.

The last Eagles game I went to was November 2013, as an away fan wearing my Redskins cap and jersey, and I didn't have any issues. Never have. I've been to six Redskins/Eagles games in Philly and the only fight I have personally seen was between a Philly fan and a frat bro in a neon tank top wearing a Giants hat (at an Eagles/Skins game, so I dunno what that was all about) who was completely wasted and fell down the stairs, spilled his beer all over the Philly fan and his female friend who were seated next to the aisle, and then wanted to start cursing them out to buy him another beer because they must have tripped him.

Now, that being said, I'm a Phillies/76ers/Flyers fan and you're absolutely correct in that no one on Earth hates Philly teams more than Philly fans. For whatever reason, there's a constant complex here about our teams. Some blame being this close to NYC, some blame the longevity of the teams with the lack of success, some just claim the blue-collar fans aren't sophisticated enough to understand the nuances of our teams; but we're passionate and we hate bad play. If the Phillies went 161-1 and lost that game on an error, they'd hear about that one loss for thirty years.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 27th, 2016, 09:30 AM
True story. Went to the 700 level of the old Vet wearing a Pat Swilling jersey during the moment of silence to celebrate Jerome Brown's life. My greeting was a beer thrown at me (and my girlfriend at the time) and a chorus of boos. During a moment of silence.

I thought, if a Saints fan were treated like this, imagine had I worn a Giants jersey.

TheKingpin28
April 27th, 2016, 10:32 AM
The last Eagles game I went to was November 2013, as an away fan wearing my Redskins cap and jersey, and I didn't have any issues. Never have. I've been to six Redskins/Eagles games in Philly and the only fight I have personally seen was between a Philly fan and a frat bro in a neon tank top wearing a Giants hat (at an Eagles/Skins game, so I dunno what that was all about) who was completely wasted and fell down the stairs, spilled his beer all over the Philly fan and his female friend who were seated next to the aisle, and then wanted to start cursing them out to buy him another beer because they must have tripped him.

Now, that being said, I'm a Phillies/76ers/Flyers fan and you're absolutely correct in that no one on Earth hates Philly teams more than Philly fans. For whatever reason, there's a constant complex here about our teams. Some blame being this close to NYC, some blame the longevity of the teams with the lack of success, some just claim the blue-collar fans aren't sophisticated enough to understand the nuances of our teams; but we're passionate and we hate bad play. If the Phillies went 161-1 and lost that game on an error, they'd hear about that one loss for thirty years.

I can honestly say that might be the first time I've heard a good story coming out of the Eagles stadium. I respect passionate fans and doing what they can to let others know that they are at the wrong stadium, but there is a difference between that and heckling/harassing people. I'm glad you haven't had to experience the bad side yet.

My friend is a Phillies fanatic, and every year, he gets into that "This is our year" mode and by the 5th game, he is already blaming something for why they won't go 162-0. The good news is that he is a realist, well as close as a Phillies can can get, and starts accepting that his team just flat out sucks and our is their own fault for being pathetic. It takes him about a full month or so before he finally rids himself of denial and starts accepting the truth.

Professor Chaos
April 27th, 2016, 10:47 AM
I think Philly sports fans and Minnesota sports fans have very similar mentalities in following their favorite teams. Expect the worst and even when things are going well be prepared for the inevitable gut punch... cuz it's coming. It's just that Philly sports fans are from the east coast so they're assholes. :D

BisonTru
April 27th, 2016, 10:52 AM
If the Phillies went 161-1 and lost that game on an error, they'd hear about that one loss for thirty years.

Hmm.... I think Carson will fit in just fine.

(mumbles)****ing Polasek...God damn play action... ****ing smoky ass Missoula...xmadx

JSUSoutherner
April 27th, 2016, 11:20 AM
As long as Philly hates Carson less than Atlanta hates Matt Ryan then he should be fine.

bluehenbillk
April 27th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Two items:

1- The Eagles reported asking price coming from Adam Schefter is a 4th round pick & a player for Bradford.

2- I find it humorous that people from distances away (mostly from the Midwest in this instance) will offer up positions on Philadelphia sports fans with the majority never having attended a sporting event in Philly. Most of what you get is from lazy journalists that will write about throwing snowballs at Santa Claus.

I won't get into a whole dissertation on Philadelphia fans, but I've had season tickets for 2 of the teams & worked for another. They are no doubt passionate & opinionated, there are very few cities where you'd rather want to play when you're winning, and likewise, there are very few cities you'd NOT rather be in when you're losing. The venues are all excellent, and they are loud. Most of the visiting fans stories are overblown, but some are absolutely true. For the most part visiting fans are treated fine, but if they're vociferous or worse obnoxious it's really a matter of when versus if, haha. Honestly, I've been in many venues, most East Coast cities are alike. Jets & Pats fans are the same as Eagles

Put it this way, Adam Schefter just tweeted that NFL Draft is most likely in Philly next spring, so can we be all that bad?

Lehigh Football Nation
April 27th, 2016, 11:25 AM

Two items:

1- The Eagles reported asking price coming from Adam Schefter is a 4th round pick & a player for Bradford.

Had no idea AGS was Schefter's source xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
April 27th, 2016, 11:59 AM
I am not sure whether to be thrilled or scared.

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/04/this-is-a-cluster-f.html

superman7515
April 27th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Personally, I love watching this happen to the Iggles, haha. #HTTR

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/5f/5fe30ff6cb009858c4825de1c9a6a5706388c1b82e7e0eafb2 d61541c1559c9d.jpg

BisonTru
April 28th, 2016, 02:46 PM
A rare photo of Sam Bradford and Carson Wentz
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChJ0IkKU8AIqpV8.jpg

Original source:https://twitter.com/damnnuby/status/725770195994734592

BisonTru
April 28th, 2016, 03:00 PM
https://twitter.com/BR_NFL/status/725755782759735296

Mayville Bison
April 28th, 2016, 03:50 PM

I did just that. Signed on with a company for a boatload of money (should have been the red flag, but I was too young/naive to see it). 3 months later, "Oh we are closing this branch down and move the jobs elsewhere in 9 months. We need your team to document your processes and let others shadow you."

Was I happy about it? Hell no
Did I do it? Hell yes, because they paid me a lot of money to do it

Bradford can either sit out and never get a contract like this again or show he can get through a season healthy. He's currently on a one-year deal (no way he doesn't get cut with that cap number the second year), so go earn your next paycheck while getting paid way more than he's worth.

superman7515
April 28th, 2016, 07:15 PM
And with the first pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Rams select Jared Goff, QB, University of California, Berkeley.

Can't wait to hear Philly tomorrow, haha.

Bisonoline
April 28th, 2016, 07:18 PM
A rare photo of Sam Bradford and Carson Wentz
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChJ0IkKU8AIqpV8.jpg

Original source:https://twitter.com/damnnuby/status/725770195994734592

OMG!!! LOL LOL LOL

Catsfan90
April 28th, 2016, 07:20 PM
So wentz to the eagles!!

dgtw
April 28th, 2016, 07:20 PM
Mel Kuiper said Wentz played in I-AA. I did not know he was that old.