PDA

View Full Version : FBS to FCS Transfers

GManFromTigerland
April 20th, 2016, 08:52 AM
In recent years more and more FBS players are transferring to FCS schools. Some have got in trouble and are looking for a second chance, some are looking for immediate playing time, some feel the FCS is where they should have done initially. What ever the case is, they are transferring. What are current big FBS to FCS transfers that you know about?

GManFromTigerland
April 20th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Tony Upchurch is a 4 star receiver transferring from LSU to Texas Southern University in the SWAC. http://collegespun.com/sec/lsu/former-4-star-wide-receiver-tony-upchurch-to-transfer-from-lsu

GManFromTigerland
April 20th, 2016, 08:58 AM
Devante Kincade transferred from Ole Miss to Grambling. He was originally rated a 4 star QB by ESPN. A member of the ESPN 300 ... MVP of the 2012 Dallas Elite 11 regional camp and one of 25 finalists for the national Elite 11 camp. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2015/12/07/ole-miss-quarterback-devante-kincade-transfer/76961838/

Daytripper
April 20th, 2016, 09:42 AM
SHSU's starting QB (Jeremiah Briscoe) this year is a transfer from UAB. But his situation is different. UAB shut their football program down (temporarily). Our top running back (Corey Avery) transferred from Kansas.

JSUSoutherner
April 20th, 2016, 10:29 AM
Well at JSU we have quite a few FBS transfers. So I'll highlight a couple of the ones that stood out for me.

Tramel Terry- UGA
•Mr. Football- South Carolina
•Scout.com 4-star/ #18 WR nationally
•Rivals.com 4-star/ #20 WR nationally/ #3 overall prospect in SC
•ESPN.com 4-star/ #9 WR nationally/ #2 overall in SC/ ESPNU 150
•247Sports.com 4-star/ #8 WR nationally/ #1 Overall SC/ #101 Overall nationally

He's playing running back for us. Word on the street is he's pretty good. Unfortunately for us he had an ACL injury during spring practice. Unfortunately for everyone else he should be back in time for the fall.

Pat Porter- CB- Wazzou
•Rated 3-stars by ESPN, Rivals, and Scout
•Rated #75 CB in the country by ESPN
•Rated #33 Overall in AL by Rivals

Al Harris Jr- CB- Univ. of South Carolina
•Rivals.com 3-star/ #74 overall in SC/ #44 CB in the country
•ESPN.com 3-star/ #83 CB in the country

•Son of two-time Pro-Bowl CB Al Harris who played 14 seasons with Philadelphia, Green Bay (Super Bowl XLV win), Miami, and St. Louis. He is now a coach for the Kansas City Chiefs.

LaMichael Fanning- DE- Alabama
•4-star
•#14 DE nationally by ESPN
•#25 DE nationally by Rivals and Scout
•6'7" 281lbs
•Beast

http://youtu.be/_on7LQ6mkTA :D

We are currently waiting on word from the NCAA on his eligibility. He should be receiving a medical redshirt for last season.

UAalum72
April 20th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Albany LB Skylor Clinton redshirted his 2015 freshman year at Wyoming, transferred midyear.

McNeese72
April 20th, 2016, 11:55 AM
No new transfers at McNeese so far. But, we could use a couple of decent offensive linemen ;)

Doc

JSUSoutherner
April 20th, 2016, 12:46 PM
No new transfers at McNeese so far. But, we could use a couple of decent offensive linemen ;)

Doc
So could we. Ours are fat and unconditioned. xcoffeex

Sammy94
April 20th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Sam Houston has them going the opposite way also from FCS to FBS

GManFromTigerland
April 20th, 2016, 09:44 PM
More about Grambling's transfers. http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sports/college/gsu/2016/02/03/fbs-transfers-headline-gramblings-2016-class/79770686/

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

GManFromTigerland
April 20th, 2016, 09:52 PM
Also from last year Grambling picked up on http://247sports.com/player/deion-bonner-803

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
April 20th, 2016, 11:15 PM

Fat? yep. Unconditioned? Hard to tell as they watched from the sideline.. xsmiley_wix

bonarae
April 21st, 2016, 02:57 AM
Columbia's incumbent starting QB, Skyler Morhinweg, is a transfer from the Gators two years ago.

Can Ivy fans think of more current former FBS players shining in the Ivies?

AmsterBison
April 21st, 2016, 10:47 AM

Hey, if they can't take the heat, they shouldn't eat the kitchen.

CrazyCat
April 21st, 2016, 12:07 PM
Alex Neale
Position: Offensive Line
Class: Sophomore
Hometown: Duvall, WA
High School: Eastside Catholic
Player Notes: Transfers from UNLV, where he saw action in five games as a true freshman in 2015... played at Eastside Catholic High in Seattle for former Bobcat assistant Jeremy Thielbahr... Rated a three-star recruit by 247Sports and Scout … Ranked the No. 16 center recruit in the nation and No. 15 player overall in his state by 247Sports.... a team captain at Eastside... First Team All-State, All-Area an All-District as a prep.

Naijiel Hale
Position: Cornerback
Class: Sophomore
Hometown: Bellflower, CA
High School: St. John Bosco
Player Notes: Transfers to MSU from Washington... started two games at corner as a first-year freshman in 2014, finishing the season with 12 total tackles and a pair of pass breakups... left UW in August, 2015. rated the No. 31 recruit in California, the No. 260 prospect in the nation and the No. 30 cornerback in the country by scout.com ... listed as the No. 29 corner by rivals.com and No. 31 by ESPN ...

KPSUL
April 21st, 2016, 01:54 PM
Columbia's incumbent starting QB, Skyler Morhinweg, is a transfer from the Gators two years ago.

Can Ivy fans think of more current former FBS players shining in the Ivies?

A bit off topic, but Columbia's QB Morhinweg will have 2006 Payton Award winner Ricky Santos (UNH) as his QB Coach during the 2016 season.

SFA 93
April 21st, 2016, 05:06 PM
None, Conque going JUCO and high school recruits.

jsualumnus
April 21st, 2016, 07:41 PM
Well at JSU we have quite a few FBS transfers. So I'll highlight a couple of the ones that stood out for me.

Tramel Terry- UGA

He's playing running back for us. Word on the street is he's pretty good. Unfortunately for us he had an ACL injury during spring practice. Unfortunately for everyone else he should be back in time for the fall.

Pat Porter- CB- Wazzou

•Son of two-time Pro-Bowl CB Al Harris who played 14 seasons with Philadelphia, Green Bay (Super Bowl XLV win), Miami, and St. Louis. He is now a coach for the Kansas City Chiefs.

•4-star
•6'7" 281lbs
•Beast

We are currently waiting on word from the NCAA on his eligibility. He should be receiving a medical redshirt for last season.

Dude... As we all know, it's "only" these FBS transfers that makes JSU successful. What would we ever do without them???

By the way, you left off:

BJ Hammond - **** TE from Miss State
Jonathan Curry - *** RB from Purdue
Mike Bernier - **** P (oooops!!! He's from FCS Eastern Ill)
Kevin Spears - **** WR from LSU

Of all the guys signed to come play at JSU, including walk-ons, we have 19 of the 32 from HS. The rest are FBS, FCS, or JUCO transfers....

Let me once again tell all the Bison fans who claim they don't have to go out and search for FBS transfers....
1. Good for you
2. You don't compete against Alabama, Auburn, or any other SEC school for recruits.... You have...............Minnesota
3. You are the Alabama of North Dakota
4. JSU doesn't search recruits. Recruits search for a winning program closer to where their family is, where they grew up, or where they can stay in the south and be effective immediately.

Now.... I am a huge Wentz fan and am very respectful of what NDSU has done with their program. I wish nothing but the best for those guys! Great fans as well!

JSUSoutherner
April 21st, 2016, 08:02 PM
Dude... As we all know, it's "only" these FBS transfers that makes JSU successful. What would we ever do without them???

By the way, you left off:

BJ Hammond - **** TE from Miss State
Jonathan Curry - *** RB from Purdue
Mike Bernier - **** P (oooops!!! He's from FCS Eastern Ill)
Kevin Spears - **** WR from LSU

Of all the guys signed to come play at JSU, including walk-ons, we have 19 of the 32 from HS. The rest are FBS, FCS, or JUCO transfers....

Let me once again tell all the Bison fans who claim they don't have to go out and search for FBS transfers....
1. Good for you
2. You don't compete against Alabama, Auburn, or any other SEC school for recruits.... You have...............Minnesota
3. You are the Alabama of North Dakota
4. JSU doesn't search recruits. Recruits search for a winning program closer to where their family is, where they grew up, or where they can stay in the south and be effective immediately.

Now.... I am a huge Wentz fan and am very respectful of what NDSU has done with their program. I wish nothing but the best for those guys! Great fans as well!
I know there are more. I just didn't feel like typing them all up so I only chose a few.

jsualumnus
April 21st, 2016, 08:04 PM
waiting for the s**t storm...

JSUSoutherner
April 21st, 2016, 08:06 PM
You'll be waiting a while.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
April 21st, 2016, 08:20 PM
JSU has a heck of a team! Who cares how they put the squad together. I'm bummed we didn't get a game scheduled this year. Would have been a great test.

JSUSoutherner
April 21st, 2016, 09:08 PM
JSU has a heck of a team! Who cares how they put the squad together. I'm bummed we didn't get a game scheduled this year. Would have been a great test.
I have a feeling we might run into the Bison again this year at some point. At least I hope so. xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
April 21st, 2016, 09:13 PM

http://i.imgur.com/IPBDtKY.jpg

xlolx

Thumper 76
April 21st, 2016, 11:22 PM
I have a feeling we might run into the Bison again this year at some point. At least I hope so. xthumbsupx

Better be REALLY big fans of the MVFC teams if you don't want it to be up in the fargodome

Thumper 76
April 21st, 2016, 11:23 PM

Wrong website, wrong time of year. Go post it on bisonville if you want that reaction from bison fans this time of year. Right now the best bait is to talk **** about Wentz xlolx

Bisonoline
April 21st, 2016, 11:30 PM
Wrong website, wrong time of year. Go post it on bisonville if you want that reaction from bison fans this time of year. Right now the best bait is to talk **** about Wentz xlolx

OMG dont do that. The idiots feed on that stuff.xrotatehx

Thumper 76
April 21st, 2016, 11:32 PM
OMG dont do that. The idiots feed on that stuff.xrotatehx

I should have put a warning on that one, like don't try this at home, or this post is for entertainment purposes only.

jsualumnus
April 22nd, 2016, 10:49 AM

Haha... I know, man. It was merely a joke...

PAllen
April 22nd, 2016, 06:25 PM

Tramel Terry- UGA

Pat Porter- CB- Wazzou

•4-star
•6'7" 281lbs
•Beast

Shouldn't have been a flag.

BisonFan02
April 22nd, 2016, 06:26 PM

You shut your whore mouth! xlolx :D

SeattleGriz
April 23rd, 2016, 10:23 AM
Montana has four that I remember.
Hovey - WR - Nebraska
Phillips - QB - Kentucky
Strong - S - Oregon State
Banks - LB - UAB

bjtheflamesfan
April 23rd, 2016, 11:04 AM
Haven't seen any for Liberty (Libertine may be more clued in on that though) but Ive often opined that expectations should be tempered for any FBS transfer because for every awesome one (like Rashad Jennings or Walt Aikens for the Flames), you get a dog or two (Paul Troth...oy...) or get a guy who is a solid contributor but isn't a complete game changer.

underdawg
April 23rd, 2016, 04:57 PM
This year is quite a bit different for the SIU Salukis---only one real good FBS transfer--Linebacker Kyran Watson (6' 235--Kansas) but I think our impact Transfer will be a senior transfer QB from a D-2. Josh Staughan (6-3, 210)who was under recruited out of high school because his team played Washington State 8-man Football (threw for 10,000 yards). Was a D-2 Pre-season All-American before getting hurt in 2015 preseason. He looks very, very good with a tremendous arm and, better yet, the scrambling ability to escape blitzes and deliver the ball on the money.

Libertine
April 25th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Haven't seen any for Liberty (Libertine may be more clued in on that though) but Ive often opined that expectations should be tempered for any FBS transfer because for every awesome one (like Rashad Jennings or Walt Aikens for the Flames), you get a dog or two (Paul Troth...oy...) or get a guy who is a solid contributor but isn't a complete game changer.

You don't get to talk about Paul Troth. You were still in your third freshman year then and Paul Troth could have thrown you through the uprights. Without going into specifics, Paul Troth and Brock Farrel shared a position group that year and those guys are two of the most perseverant and patient men I've ever met.

BEAR
April 25th, 2016, 11:00 AM
UCA picks up a DB from Nebraska. Trai Mosley
Picks up a tall WR from Texas Tech too. Jakari Dillard

ASU33
April 27th, 2016, 08:00 AM
This year is quite a bit different for the SIU Salukis---only one real good FBS transfer--Linebacker Kyran Watson (6' 235--Kansas) but I think our impact Transfer will be a senior transfer QB from a D-2. Josh Staughan (6-3, 210)who was under recruited out of high school because his team played Washington State 8-man Football (threw for 10,000 yards). Was a D-2 Pre-season All-American before getting hurt in 2015 preseason. He looks very, very good with a tremendous arm and, better yet, the scrambling ability to escape blitzes and deliver the ball on the money.

Josh Staughan* is a beast! I've seen him play a few times at Stillman the last few years and he's as good as advertised

JayJ79
April 27th, 2016, 01:10 PM
I should have put a warning on that one, like don't try this at home, or this post is for entertainment purposes only.

remove cellophane before eating

McNeese72
April 27th, 2016, 08:38 PM
The transfer rumors are starting to go around down here. Of course, Lance said he wasn't going to take just anybody. It will have to be someone who fits our needs.

Doc

BEAR
April 27th, 2016, 08:58 PM
The transfer rumors are starting to go around down here. Of course, Lance said he wasn't going to take just anybody. It will have to be someone who fits our needs.

Doc

I heard you guys were going to install the sandbag defensive front. Its a line of hefty transfers from LSU, Tech, and Moaner. Apparently they are not very good. Kinda overweight and need oxygen after every play. xlolxAny truth to that?

JSUSoutherner
April 27th, 2016, 09:00 PM
5-Star Derrick Green of Michigan is reportedly visiting JSU. He apparently was in contention for the starting position in 2014 vs De'veon Smith.

If he comes to JSU and the NCAA clears Josh Clemons and Miles Jones to come back next year we will be five deep at RB. Jesus...

BEAR
April 27th, 2016, 09:18 PM
5-Star Derrick Green of Michigan is reportedly visiting JSU. He apparently was in contention for the starting position in 2014 vs De'veon Smith.

If he comes to JSU and the NCAA clears Josh Clemons and Miles Jones to come back next year we will be five deep at RB. Jesus...

He's listening but I dont think he cares about anything but Notre Dame football...xlolx

McNeese72
April 28th, 2016, 02:46 PM
I heard you guys were going to install the sandbag defensive front. Its a line of hefty transfers from LSU, Tech, and Moaner. Apparently they are not very good. Kinda overweight and need oxygen after every play. xlolxAny truth to that?

Nah, our defensive line is in great shape. We just need a half a dozen or so OL transfers to keep our young QB alive.

Doc

ursus arctos horribilis
April 28th, 2016, 03:04 PM
Idaho is transferring to the BSC.

Sammy94
April 28th, 2016, 03:21 PM
Idaho is transferring to the BSC.

Good. Another future Bearkat victory :D

SFA 93
April 30th, 2016, 01:32 PM
SFA just signed their first FBS transfer of the year... Jr. wide receiver out of Purdue... Trae Hart who is originally from Mesquite, Texas.

http://www.inkfreenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/traehart-copy.jpg

ysubigred
May 2nd, 2016, 08:48 AM

True Dat!! Ask NDSU fans xthumbsupx

underdawg
May 2nd, 2016, 02:20 PM
South Dakota picked up a good athlete in 6-2 220 QB Chris Streveler from University of Minnesota--more of a runner like SIU's Matt DeSomer. One article says he runs 4.5 sec forty

clenz
May 2nd, 2016, 04:34 PM

Errrm...

Green averaged 3.3 yards per carry last year
3.3 yards per carry as a freshman
5.7 as a sophomore though....

Which one of these things isn't like the other.

He didn't even dress the final 3 games of last season and didn't travel with the team to the Citrus Bowl.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2016, 05:46 PM
Errrm...

Green averaged 3.3 yards per carry last year
3.3 yards per carry as a freshman
5.7 as a sophomore though....

Which one of these things isn't like the other.

He didn't even dress the final 3 games of last season and didn't travel with the team to the Citrus Bowl.

And Marshawn Lynch only rushed for 164 yards his last season with the Bills. Then transferred. Then got nicknamed Beast Mode.

Either way, a couple hours after I posted that a new article came out saying Rivals jumped the gun and Green currently wasn't planning a visit.

Even without him we will still be set at RB. Josh Clemons has already been cleared to return next season.

clenz
May 2nd, 2016, 08:47 PM
And Marshawn Lynch only rushed for 164 yards his last season with the Bills. Then transferred. Then got nicknamed Beast Mode.

Either way, a couple hours after I posted that a new article came out saying Rivals jumped the gun and Green currently wasn't planning a visit.

Even without him we will still be set at RB. Josh Clemons has already been cleared to return next season.

You just compared Green to Lynch

Remember Lynch went for 1,100 and 1,050 and the 800 his first three years in the league.

He was arrested on gun charges plus a few other legal issues.

He suffered an ankle injury in preseason and combined with his legal issues Buffalo decided to to trade him after week four. So if by last season you mean 4 games on a bum leg, you've got a point. He finally got healthy and ran for about 709 yards the rest of that season splitting time with Justin Forsett and had his beast quake run in those playoffs.

Holy ****. That. Just. Wow. That comparison. I mean.

JSUSoutherner
May 2nd, 2016, 11:41 PM
You just compared Green to Lynch

Remember Lynch went for 1,100 and 1,050 and the 800 his first three years in the league.

He was arrested on gun charges plus a few other legal issues.

He suffered an ankle injury in preseason and combined with his legal issues Buffalo decided to to trade him after week four. So if by last season you mean 4 games on a bum leg, you've got a point. He finally got healthy and ran for about 709 yards the rest of that season splitting time with Justin Forsett and had his beast quake run in those playoffs.

Holy ****. That. Just. Wow. That comparison. I mean.

I know, I know, extreme example. My point is that we don't know how well he would do after a move. I'm not saying he's like Lynch in that he's a total monster. He was just the only one off the top of my head I could think of to illustate my point of moving to a new home can be beneficial.

SFA 93
May 10th, 2016, 04:33 PM
to SFA from Baylor

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Lamar+v+Baylor+o0p282X5-Mvx.jpg
http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/188/807/6_3807188.jpg
DB: Alfred Pullom 6-2; 195 Cypress, Texas (Cypress Woods) *** (Rivals) #35 Safeties; #66 State (Jr.)
GP:22 (1 Start);TKL:31;INT:1

bjtheflamesfan
May 10th, 2016, 04:55 PM
FBS to FCS transfers is an interesting thing to track, but Ive always kept a wary eye when I see posters talking about a 3 star or 4 star or 2 star recruit or what have you. For every FBS transfer that ends up a superstar or All-American, you get a lot of solid contributors and more than a few busts as well. Im hoping that all these schools have measured expectations for these players when they actually suit up for their new school this summer and fall.

KPSUL
May 10th, 2016, 05:03 PM

What was Josh Clemons cleared from?

JSUSoutherner
May 10th, 2016, 05:04 PM
What was Josh Clemons cleared from?
He was cleared by the NCAA for a sixth season because of his medical history.

We are still waiting on word on LaMichael Fanning and Miles Jones.

mainejeff
May 11th, 2016, 05:58 AM
Maine:

RB Zaire Williams via Temple
DB DeAndre Scott via Arizona State

PantherRob82
May 11th, 2016, 08:55 AM
Maine:

https://youtu.be/gODZzSOelss

BEAR
May 11th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Maine:

How did a kid going to Arizona State end up in Maine? xlolx Family?

SeattleGriz
May 11th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Montana has four that I remember.
Hovey - WR - Nebraska
Phillips - QB - Kentucky
Strong - S - Oregon State
Banks - LB - UAB
Now to 5. Picked up CB TJ Reynard from Wisconsin.

Twentysix
May 12th, 2016, 02:49 AM
https://youtu.be/gODZzSOelss

Haha, the guy at 2:50 on that video was named by dolphins.

IBleedYellow
May 12th, 2016, 07:32 AM
Hurray for the non ****ty Bison fans.

Although damn JSU, that's a lot of transfers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Daytripper
May 12th, 2016, 08:03 AM
FBS to FCS transfers is an interesting thing to track, but Ive always kept a wary eye when I see posters talking about a 3 star or 4 star or 2 star recruit or what have you. For every FBS transfer that ends up a superstar or All-American, you get a lot of solid contributors and more than a few busts as well. Im hoping that all these schools have measured expectations for these players when they actually suit up for their new school this summer and fall.

True. We were really pumped about Jalen Overstreet from UT - 4 star recruit. He ended up being a mediocre player and more of a headache than anything else.

clenz
May 12th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Hurray for the non ****ty Bison fans.

Although damn JSU, that's a lot of transfers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I'm continually amazed at how many FCS programs just sit there and wait for castoffs. I mean, I get having some but FBS transfers gets to a full starting line up on offense or defense it's too many.

UNI has 5
QB Aaron Bailey - Illinois - 2nd year at UNI
DT Bryce Douglas - Illinois - 2nd year at UNI
I think both were a result of the coaching situation the last few years
WR Dalton Ferch - Iowa State - recruited by UNI out of HS, from just over an hour SW of Cedar Falls and has younger brother on the team - 2nd year at UNI
LB Barkely Hill - Iowa - recruited by UNI out of HS, from Cedar Falls, played his home HS games in the Dome. - 3rd year at UNI
LB Clint Heaven - North Carolina - new this year...no idea how he ended up here. No one seems to have an answer. Apparently was a top rated safety coming out of HS?

A couple JUCOs
WR Brandon Smith - North Dakota State School of Sciences - from Lee's Summit, MO which is a hot bed for UNI recruits. Had HS teammates on the roster when he came in
DB DJ Robinson - Iowa Central - from Des Moines and was invited to walk on as a freshman but went JUCO
RB Wes Burnside - Iowa Central - Played HS ball 30 minutes from the dome and was invited to walk on as a freshman

Running through the roster that's all I could find that I knew transferred in.

POD Knows
May 12th, 2016, 03:39 PM
How did a kid going to Arizona State end up in Maine? xlolx Family?

Warrants??

BisonFan02
May 12th, 2016, 03:41 PM
King Frazier (http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6718&path=football)
RB
5-11
Sr.
Greenwood, Mo.
Lee's Summit HS
Nebraska

and Punter Jackson Koonce is coming in the fall from SMU.

http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jackson_koonce_905456.html

....and that's it.

EDIT:

1 JUCO....since clenz included. No clue if this guy sees the field....would be new found CB talent if he did! xthumbsupx

Quinten McCoy (http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6741&path=football)
CB
6-1
Sr.
Dallas, Texas
Bowie HS
Santa Rosa JC

UNIFanSince1983
May 12th, 2016, 03:55 PM
I'm continually amazed at how many FCS programs just sit there and wait for castoffs. I mean, I get having some but FBS transfers gets to a full starting line up on offense or defense it's too many.

UNI has 5
QB Aaron Bailey - Illinois - 2nd year at UNI
DT Bryce Douglas - Illinois - 2nd year at UNI
I think both were a result of the coaching situation the last few years
WR Dalton Ferch - Iowa State - recruited by UNI out of HS, from just over an hour SW of Cedar Falls and has younger brother on the team - 2nd year at UNI
LB Barkely Hill - Iowa - recruited by UNI out of HS, from Cedar Falls, played his home HS games in the Dome. - 3rd year at UNI
LB Clint Heaven - North Carolina - new this year...no idea how he ended up here. No one seems to have an answer. Apparently was a top rated safety coming out of HS?

A couple JUCOs
WR Brandon Smith - North Dakota State School of Sciences - from Lee's Summit, MO which is a hot bed for UNI recruits. Had HS teammates on the roster when he came in
DB DJ Robinson - Iowa Central - from Des Moines and was invited to walk on as a freshman but went JUCO
RB Wes Burnside - Iowa Central - Played HS ball 30 minutes from the dome and was invited to walk on as a freshman

Running through the roster that's all I could find that I knew transferred in.

Demos transferred in as well.

clenz
May 12th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Demos transferred in as well.
Ah, I did forget about Demons

Make it 6.

He is from another area with strong UNI ties in St. Louis. No idea if he was recruited out of HS by UNI though.

CrazyCat
May 13th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Looks like our new staff doesn't mind the graduate transfer rules. Just signed 2.

Patrick Carroll OL UNLV
John Walker DB Colorado

TTUEagles
May 13th, 2016, 11:09 PM
Marshall QB - Michael Birdsong - headed to TTU...Had transferred TO Marshall from JMU

Twentysix
May 13th, 2016, 11:27 PM
King Frazier (http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6718&path=football)
RB
5-11
Sr.
Greenwood, Mo.
Lee's Summit HS
Nebraska

and Punter Jackson Koonce is coming in the fall from SMU.

http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/jackson_koonce_905456.html

....and that's it.

EDIT:

1 JUCO....since clenz included. No clue if this guy sees the field....would be new found CB talent if he did! xthumbsupx

Quinten McCoy (http://www.gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6741&path=football)
CB
6-1
Sr.
Dallas, Texas
Bowie HS
Santa Rosa JC

Frazier has had some pretty good success. I'm glad he came to NDSU. I understand that we recruited him while he was in HS too, so there is some extra connection.

I'm all for NDSU picking up a transfer here and there. Having 2 or 3 on the roster to shore up weak spots is no problem at all.

We had 5 transfers last season, 1 JUCO, 2 from DII, 1 from NAIA, and 1 from the FBS.

REALBird
May 16th, 2016, 09:18 AM
WR- Chase Pankey - 6' 1", 190 RS-FR from Boston College

Sammy94
May 20th, 2016, 08:00 AM
Derick Roberson - DE from Texas

http://www.texassports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5929

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/05/18/derick-roberson-texas-highest-rated-2014-signee-decides-to-transfer-from-longhorns/?shared=email&msg=fail

BEAR
May 20th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Who's getting the Alabama lineman who got in trouble? LOL

Catatonic
May 20th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Who's getting the Alabama lineman who got in trouble? LOL

Or the D lineman from Georgia that was dismissed following his third arrest in 6 months. Auburn will get first shot at these guys. They specialize in bad boys down on the plains. After that, who knows?

JSUSoutherner
May 26th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Former Five-Star Auburn RB Roc Thomas to JSU.

The rumor has been circulating around for a while. Malzahn refuted it back in December but it looks as though it's finally (actually) happening.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/report-former-five-star-rb-roc-thomas-will-transfer-to-jacksonville-state

We have running backs for days.

dewey
May 26th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Former Five-Star Auburn RB Roc Thomas to JSU.

The rumor has been circulating around for a while. Malzahn refuted it back in December but it looks as though it's finally (actually) happening.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/report-former-five-star-rb-roc-thomas-will-transfer-to-jacksonville-state

We have running backs for days.

Any idea on why he is transferring? It does not sound like a playing time issue from what the article stated he was going to be in the mix for the starting job. That is a big get for JSU.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
May 26th, 2016, 10:09 AM
Any idea on why he is transferring? It does not sound like a playing time issue from what the article stated he was going to be in the mix for the starting job. That is a big get for JSU.

Dewey
From GJS.

"I had a coach from Oxford come by last year late on night at tailgate. He was walking by and sat down to watch whatever late game we were watching. He brought up out of nowhere that Roc would play for Grass next year and he would live with Carson. Seemed far fetched at the time. The guy told me then that Grass was telling him to stay at AU, but Roc said that AU was a train wreck and he wanted to leave. This guy told me Roc would go through Spring at Auburn and transfer during Summer workouts. Didn't think much about it at the time."

He's not wrong. Auburn is going to hell in a handbasket pretty quick. Roc is the second big departure for Auburn in two days. Tim Irvin (Michael Irvin's nephew) announced his transfer from AU as well yesterday.

My guess is we put Roc in the slot.

Cocky
May 26th, 2016, 10:20 AM

Dewey
Grass was his high school head coach. May or may not be part of the reason and close to home.

BEAR
May 26th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Looks like some Baylor players may be transferring soon and their commits choosing elsewhere. xlolx

Sad situation for the fans of that school and for the possible (likely) victims. Football comes second when crap like that happens. Seriously. xmadx

Cocky
May 26th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Will Louisville fire Petrino to get Briles? There a new bad boy in town.

clenz
May 26th, 2016, 03:58 PM
With Louisville fire Petrino to get Briles? There a new bad boy in town.
xconfusedx

BEAR
May 26th, 2016, 04:11 PM
xconfusedxxconfusedx

BEAR
June 15th, 2016, 09:08 AM
UCA picks up two more transfers. RB Jarvis Cooper from Memphis and a WR from Texas Tech. Both 6'4" and 240 or so.

underdawg
June 18th, 2016, 07:37 AM
www.hudl.com/athlete/885891/highlights/64077375 (http://www.hudl.com/athlete/885891/highlights/64077375)

SIU Salukis sign Deionte Gaines (5-9, 185), 4 Star Rivals receiver transfer from Colorado State two years eligibility. Was starting slot receiver entering Spring ball for CSU and leading return man for KOs at 1046 yards (24 ypr) for State

SU DOG
June 18th, 2016, 09:13 AM
UCA picks up two more transfers. RB Jarvis Cooper from Memphis and a WR from Texas Tech. Both 6'4" and 240 or so.

xbawlingxxbawlingx

underdawg
June 18th, 2016, 12:26 PM
SIU-Salukis also sign Florida Transfer (3 years eligibility left) 6-0 195 lb Wide Receiver Ryan Sousa first team 7A Florida All-stater (2014) who led the state in yardage in 2013--4.100 receiving yards in career

www.hudl.com/athlete/877094/highlights/9748937 (http://www.hudl.com/article/877094/highlights/97489376)6

sorry can't this address to work--just google him--plenty of video

Dawgs
June 18th, 2016, 05:12 PM
SIU Head Coach Nick Hill and his staff have really done a nice job getting some very good transfers.

McNeese72
June 18th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Well, evidently McNeese hasn't gotten anymore transfers or things are being treated as top secret. ;)

Doc

BEAR
June 18th, 2016, 08:40 PM
xbawlingxxbawlingx

Dude relax. We lost 30 players. Do you really think 2 or 3 transfers will make up for losing an entire Oline, secondary, and most of our linebackers? Seriously we couldnt stop you WITH those guys. What do you think will happen WITHOUT them? xlolx

SU DOG
June 19th, 2016, 12:17 PM
I dunno, you Southland guys(see McNeese) are famous for your sandbagging.

BEAR
June 19th, 2016, 02:06 PM
I dunno, you Southland guys(see McNeese) are famous for your sandbagging.

Yeah but McNeese has something like 16 Southland championships.... we've got two. xlolx

McNeese72
June 20th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Yeah but McNeese has something like 16 Southland championships.... we've got two. xlolx

Yeah, but we have been in the Southland Conference for something like 43 years.

Doc

underdawg
June 20th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Also transferring to SIU Salukis from Kansas State for 2016 is Jarvis Leverett 5-11, 203 lb Running Back originally from Katy Texas--will have one year eligibility (fifth year senior)

BEAR
June 20th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Yeah, but we have been in the Southland Conference for something like 43 years.

Doc

So that's like one every 3 years thereabouts? You're the gold standard you sandbagger! xlolx

McNeese72
June 20th, 2016, 10:13 PM
So that's like one every 3 years thereabouts? You're the gold standard you sandbagger! xlolx

You weren't supposed to do the math!! ;)

Doc

Colgate98
June 21st, 2016, 09:56 AM
Any word on transfers to the Red Raiders?

BEAR
June 21st, 2016, 11:04 AM
You weren't supposed to do the math!! ;)

Doc

U-
C-an't
A-dd

but we can multiply and divide! xlolx

Sammy94
June 21st, 2016, 11:25 AM
Hell I thought we were transfer U. Looks like JSU and ISU are leading the way these days.

McNeese75
June 21st, 2016, 08:33 PM
Hell I thought we were transfer U. Looks like JSU and ISU are leading the way these days.

You hold your own :D

neverobeyed
June 22nd, 2016, 09:49 AM
Emmett Lynch, S, Northern Illinois, tweeted that he has transferred to UNI:

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmmettLynch18/status/744991792160858112

McNeese72
June 22nd, 2016, 11:27 AM
U-
C-an't
A-dd

but we can multiply and divide! xlolx

Reminds me of a road trip story to your place a few years back. We've gone to your place so many times recently, I can't remember which year. ;)

Our University President at the time, the late Dr. Robert Hebert, and some members of his family were sitting with the McNeese fans on the east side of your stadium with the UCA students further down.

The UCA students started up a "UCA Bears" cheer. It sounded like, "You see, Heberts?" to our fans. So our fans around the Heberts stood up and everytime the students they did the cheer, the McNeese fans would point at the Heberts and holler, "They are right here!". ;)

Doc

BEAR
June 22nd, 2016, 12:39 PM
Reminds me of a road trip story to your place a few years back. We've gone to your place so many times recently, I can't remember which year. ;)

Our University President at the time, the late Dr. Robert Hebert, and some members of his family were sitting with the McNeese fans on the east side of your stadium with the UCA students further down.

The UCA students started up a "UCA Bears" cheer. It sounded like, "You see, Heberts?" to our fans. So our fans around the Heberts stood up and everytime the students they did the cheer, the McNeese fans would point at the Heberts and holler, "They are right here!". ;)

Doc

Maybe the students were making a play on words there. UCA had a RB named Spencer Herbert (also a frat guy) and the kid was a beast. Sadly he only had 29 attempts in his career at UCA. Not sure if he transferred out to another school or just quit football. 2007 he had 11 rushes for 3 TDS but it wasn't the stats that made the fans love his play. It was the way he hit the line that sent fans into a frenzy. He would run full speed at it and just destroy the defense, step on their faces, crush their ribs, and blow them completely backwards. Now he wasn't going to outrun anyone past the line in a 40 yard sprint but dear lord don't step in front of him at the line. He looked like that scene in the longest yard where the guy gets picked up and slammed like a rag doll. Plus he did most of his damage in 2008, Nathan Brown's senior year. We played you the first game of the season and won 47-30. Maybe it was that game.

SFA 93
June 22nd, 2016, 06:04 PM
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/tulsaworld.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/f/f0/ff02be48-d867-5c21-b778-8555ada046b8/5532e189050c8.image.jpg?resize=890
OL:#67 Jaxon Salinas 6-3; 305 Irving, Texas (Irving/Oklahoma State) (Jr.) *** (ESPN/Scout) #73 OL *** (247Sports) #15 OC
Offers from OSU, Rice, Memphis, New Mexico State

Now a Lumberjack

UpstateBison
June 27th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Looks like Connor Mitch, South Carolina Gamecock QB, is transferring to JMU with 2 years of eligibility per news reports.

BEAR
June 27th, 2016, 04:30 PM
OL:#67 Jaxon Salinas 6-3; 305 Irving, Texas (Irving/Oklahoma State) (Jr.) *** (ESPN/Scout) #73 OL *** (247Sports) #15 OC
Offers from OSU, Rice, Memphis, New Mexico State

Now a Lumberjack

Don't be too impressed with an OSU O line transfer...just watch the game UCA played against them... we got 11 tackles for loss, 1 INT, 2 blocked kicks, 1 sack and 4 QB hurries....their OLINE was horrible. Hope he pans out better for you than he did for them. But don't get your hopes up OLINE-wise.

tribe_pride
June 27th, 2016, 06:19 PM
Looks like Connor Mitch, South Carolina Gamecock QB, is transferring to JMU with 2 years of eligibility per news reports.

And his former teammate for 1 year, redshirt freshman WR Jalen Christian will be transferring to W&M and have 4 years of eligibility

tierre
June 28th, 2016, 03:24 AM
Transfers are a hit and a miss. Some of them are good and some of them are busts.

SFA 93
June 28th, 2016, 05:37 AM
UCA I never said he was any good, just positing an FBS transfer that landed on the roster. They are all like the last poster stated hit or miss.

He only saw action one time in his three years at OSU against Kansas as he mainly worked with the scout team.

IMO we have had more misses than hits with FBS transfers.

Cocky
June 28th, 2016, 05:44 AM
Transfers are a hit and a miss. Some of them are good and some of them are busts.
Just like high school or JC recruits. Most are leaving the previous school because of playing time.

Transfers get a bad rap on attitude/discipline/character but its normally goes back to PT. Players who are not playing enough to satisfy them are sometime problems to a team, but if the PT is sufficient then the player becomes a good team mate.

clenz
June 28th, 2016, 06:36 AM
Just like high school or JC recruits. Most are leaving the previous school because of playing time.

Transfers get a bad rap on attitude/discipline/character but its normally goes back to PT. Players who are not playing enough to satisfy them are sometime problems to a team, but if the PT is sufficient then the player becomes a good team mate.
Typically they don't play because of attitude issues, or they weren't good enough to see the field.

It's why very few transfers actually make any real impact at the FCS level. Come here thinking they can dominate because "I was a P5 recruit and they didn't give me a shot" while ignoring maybe they aren't that good....and their attitude holds them back.

BEAR
June 28th, 2016, 08:05 AM
UCA I never said he was any good, just positing an FBS transfer that landed on the roster. They are all like the last poster stated hit or miss.

He only saw action one time in his three years at OSU against Kansas as he mainly worked with the scout team.

IMO we have had more misses than hits with FBS transfers.

I wasn't putting him down as an individual or for your team choosing to take him..we all take transfers. Just that whoever is coaching and recruiting the Oline at OSU is making very poor choices. Like I said I hope he works for you, I mean he must have been talented at some point to be taken by an FBS school.

eiu1999
June 28th, 2016, 08:18 AM
One transfer this year...

Bud Martin (6-0, 214, QB, R-So., Ft. Lauderdale, Fla./Dillard HS/Florida International Univ.) – Transfer from Florida International University… redshirted 2014 season and did not play in 2015… played at Dillard HS… earned an invite to the US 2012 Army All-American Underclassmen combine… finished in the top three at the U.S. Army Junior Combine in San Antonio, Texas in 2013… also finished in the top five at the Chicago Regional Elite 11 out of 100 quarterbacks, to go along with winning the Golden Gun Accuracy Award…

ytownchief22
June 28th, 2016, 10:53 AM
Youngstown State has landed 2 FBS transfers.

Alvin Bailey- WR from the University of Florida

Tyrek Cole- DB formerly of West Virginia University

RootinFerDukes
June 28th, 2016, 11:20 AM

He started two games before being sidelined by injury. It's much needed QB depth at the most important position.

RootinFerDukes
June 28th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Typically they don't play because of attitude issues, or they weren't good enough to see the field.

It's why very few transfers actually make any real impact at the FCS level. Come here thinking they can dominate because "I was a P5 recruit and they didn't give me a shot" while ignoring maybe they aren't that good....and their attitude holds them back.

Sometimes a player may have been over recruited in high school just like a great Fcs player could've been under recruited. Sometimes they don't pan out like the coaches hope they would've.
JMU national championship QB Justin rascati was a Louisville transfer. Joe flacco at ud took them to the title game and then won a Super Bowl with the Ravens. He transferred from Pitt I believe. The great towson o-line that got them to the 2013 title game had many UMD transfers on it.

underdawg
June 29th, 2016, 12:55 PM
I'd guess NO more initial FBS to FCS transfers are discipline problems than initial FCS signers (high school) are---If you are an FCS coach (or any level of coach) you do what SIU's Coach Hill does--talk to both the potential transfer's high school coach, his FBS coach and those who know what the character of the kid is like before you sign him--- People who categorize FBS to FCS transfers as all trouble makers are frickin idiots who don't know what the frick they are talking about

SFA 93
June 29th, 2016, 07:33 PM
SFA adds kicker from University of Houston

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/hou/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/11679131.jpeg
K/P:#36 Elijah Ruiz 5-10; 160 League, Texas (Clear Springs) (R/Fr.)

lionsrking2
June 30th, 2016, 02:47 AM
Southeastern Louisiana has several new FBS transfers on the roster, including two who will be eligible this fall after sitting out 2015.

Sione Teuhema, 6-4, 260, OLB, Keller, Tx. (LSU)
Torrance Mosley, 5-11, 170, CB, Prairieville, La. (TCU)
Darius Durall, 5-9, 182, RB, Houston, Tx. (SMU)
Monte Seabrook, 5-11, 185, Newberry, FL (Utah)
Taylor Gadbois, 6-6, 320, OL, Dallas, Ga. (U Miami)
Jonathan Taylor, 6-5, 340, DT, Millen, Ga. (U Alabama)

JSUSoutherner
June 30th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Picking up another.

http://m.southeastsun.com/mobile/sports/article_255f77ea-3d58-11e6-bf60-3339ed01c7ab.html

Wide receiver that realized Troy sucks. Will have 4 years to play.

katstrapper
July 5th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Who cares if an FCS program is taking several transfers to fill open positions. The players still have to compete, practice and prove they are ready for the opportunity to play. Sam Houston gets a lot of kids that go sign with FBS programs out of high school, only to find themselves sitting on the bench . Many of these kids were recruited by FCS programs in the SLC. The kids are going to transfer somewhere to play and continue their college educations, so why not have them at Sam Houston St if they are good enough and fit the system.

Here are the current FBS players on the roster...

RB Corey Avery......... ( Kansas)
QB Jeremiah Briscoe ... ( UAB )
OL Sam Hardy ........... ( Wyoming )
OL Tyler Tezeno ....... (West Virginia)
OL Curtis Riser .......... ( Texas )
DL Codie Brooks ........ (UTSA)
LB Hunter Brown ........ ( West Virginia )

Gangtackle11
July 5th, 2016, 09:30 AM
I agree kat.

Not every 3/4 star FBS transfer is what everyone thought they would be in the 1st place.
A player transferring out of an FBS school usually is because they couldn't compete for time at the FBS level.

The player wants to play & go to an FCS school so be it.

Nova brings in FBS players from time to time. Most are solid, but not game changing players.

underdawg
July 6th, 2016, 08:55 AM
No doubt that some just don't work out--some like one we got a few years ago didn't but we also got 4 star Brandon Jacobs for one year and that worked out fine

REALBird
July 6th, 2016, 09:18 AM
WR- Chase Pankey - 6' 1", 190 RS-FR from Boston College

add Parker Underwood - 6'4", 235 TE (RS-FR) from Western Michigan (he will have 4 years of availability) - not yet listed on the official roster. Video seems to show he's a better blocking TE than a pass catcher.
add B.J. Bello - 6'3", 225 DE/LB from Illinois as a 5th year transfer. Not expecting him to see much time beyond the second unit.

RootinFerDukes
July 11th, 2016, 09:22 PM
JMU has also picked up Terrence Alls, a WR transfer from Duke. He's seen all of seven catches in his two seasons of eligibility, five from one game. Career longest reception is 15 yds. We're not sure why we picked up this transfer other than depth.

Anthony215
July 14th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Eastern Illinois picks up twin brothers in CB Tyree Stone-Davis (Western Michigan) & WR Tyrin Stone-Davis (Illinois). Both have 1 year of eligibility left. Played together throughout high school and then 2 years at a JUCO (LA Pierce) before both initially committing to Illinois. Tyree had a change of heart and ended up at WMU played sparingly while Tyrin struggled to earn PT and opted to play together their final year of eligibility at EIU.

Anthony215
July 15th, 2016, 07:44 AM
Maine was able to land DeAndre Scott a 5-9 180 DB from Arizona State. Originally a 3 star recruit with offers from P5 schools out of high school (ACC/Big 10/Big 12/Pac 10) who will have 2 years of eligibility with a redshirt year at his disposal as well. Transferred for more PT after being a ST'er his first 2 years at ASU and reserve safety.

RootinFerDukes
July 15th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Maine was able to land DeAndre Scott a 5-9 180 DB from Arizona State. Originally a 3 star recruit with offers from P5 schools out of high school (ACC/Big 10/Big 12/Pac 10) who will have 2 years of eligibility with a redshirt year at his disposal as well. Transferred for more PT after being a ST'er his first 2 years at ASU and reserve safety.

From Tempe, AZ to Orono, ME. That's quite the trip and quite the change of climate.

BEAR
July 15th, 2016, 10:57 AM
I noticed a couple of Sam players on a local D2 squad..related I think..maybe...
Myron and Byron Pruitt

Anthony215
July 15th, 2016, 11:47 AM
From Tempe, AZ to Orono, ME. That's quite the trip and quite the change of climate.

Hahahahaha I was quite surprised myself I thought he'd maybe come back home and go to Temple since he had a redshirt to burn and he's from Philadelphia. Or if he went the FCS route that he'd choose maybe Villanova, Delaware, Towson, Richmond not frigid and cold Maine.

katstrapper
July 17th, 2016, 09:08 AM
I noticed a couple of Sam players on a local D2 squad..related I think..maybe...
Myron and Byron Pruitt

They are from Sam Houston High School in Arlington. Not Sam Houston State.

BEAR
July 17th, 2016, 02:59 PM
They are from Sam Houston High School in Arlington. Not Sam Houston State.
Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

ytownchief22
July 24th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Jonathan Pollock, LB from Rutgers has transferred to Youngstown State. 3rd FBS transfer so far this year for Bo.

Nickels
July 24th, 2016, 10:19 AM
A list of FBS transfers noticed by KatFans poster Kat89 that I'm now plagiarizing;

Derrick Dick WR 5-10 186 So. College Station (A&M Consolidated / UTSA)
Kahlil Welsh DL 6-2 251 Fr. Jacksonville, Fla (Sandalwood / Wake Forest)
Jermaine Roberts Jr CB 5-9 168 So. New Orleans, La (St Augustine / Texas)
Derick Roberson DL 6-1 235 So. Las Vegas, NV (Brennan / Texas)
Marcus Loud DE 6-4 253 Jr. Houston (Wheatley / Missouri)
Justin Smith OL 6-4 295 Fr. Spring (Oak Ridge / West Texas A&M)
Javin Webb RB 5-10 194 So. (Evangel Christian / Houston)

If some of these guys just add a little depth to a healthier D we should be in much better shape on that side of the ball.

SU DOG
July 24th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Samford currently has 4 new ones.

Daniel Aust - RS-Sr. 6-2, 280 OL graduate student working on his Masters Degree. Aust xferred from U of South Alabama, where he played in 11 games last year. A former Hoover HS player, he was a 2** and ranked #112 nationally. Started on our O-Line in the spring.

Ladarius Banks - RS-Jr. 6-2, 255 DL who transferred from Vanderbilt. He was a consensus 3*** player out of HS and ranked in the top 75 players in Georgia. He had several FBS offers. Banks is also outstanding in the classroom, having made the 2015 SEC Honor Roll.

Jalen Nash - RS-Fr. 6-2, 245 OLB/DE transferred from Army. A 2** rated player out of HS and ranked #67 player in North Carolina. He also had offers from Boston College, JMU, Old Dominion, and others.

Chris Shelling - RS-Fr. 5-9, 170 WR Another Army transfer. He played his HS ball at Central Gwinnett in Lawrenceville Georgia. Two times named Player of the Month, but I have no further data.

Cocky
July 24th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Several teams are getting "thug" transfers. Everybody better lock their doors when you go to a game this season.

JSUSoutherner
July 24th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Several teams are getting "thug" transfers. Everybody better lock their doors when you go to a game this season.
No kidding. I bet all of our transfers will have Jacksonville looking like downtown Detroit by September.

KPSUL
July 24th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Hahahahaha I was quite surprised myself I thought he'd maybe come back home and go to Temple since he had a redshirt to burn and he's from Philadelphia. Or if he went the FCS route that he'd choose maybe Villanova, Delaware, Towson, Richmond not frigid and cold Maine.

Frigid would be the right word. U Maine is frigid, UNH is just cold.

JSUSoutherner
July 28th, 2016, 09:16 PM
Another thug for JSU today. Redshirted 2014, sat 2015 due to an ACL injury and received a medical redshirt. Will have four years at JSU.

https://twitter.com/jr_sandlin/status/758837234720124931

SU DOG
July 29th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Another thug for JSU today. Redshirted 2014, sat 2015 due to an ACL injury and received a medical redshirt. Will have four years at JSU.

https://twitter.com/jr_sandlin/status/758837234720124931

Looks to me like he will have 3 years not 4, but another good SEC "get" for JSU.

dewey
July 29th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Looks to me like he will have 3 years not 4, but another good SEC "get" for JSU.

A medical redshirt in essence gives player 6 years so if he Redshirted 1 year and medical redshirt another year he should have 4 years of eligibility. NDSU just had a player use a medical redshirt to come team 6 years on the team (Zach Vraa ).

Dewey

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 10:24 AM
A medical redshirt in essence gives player 6 years so if he Redshirted 1 year and medical redshirt another year he should have 4 years of eligibility. NDSU just had a player use a medical redshirt to come team 6 years on the team (Zach Vraa ).

Dewey
The kicker is...and the NCAA is shady with how it's enforced...if you voluntarily red-shirt for depth/development reasons you aren't supposed to get a medical.

Both missed seasons must be (again, shady enforcement) due to medical issues.

kdinva
July 29th, 2016, 11:12 AM
The kicker is...and the NCAA is shady with how it's enforced...if you voluntarily red-shirt for depth/development reasons you aren't supposed to get a medical.

Both missed seasons must be (again, shady enforcement) due to medical issues.

Agree 200%

JSUSoutherner
July 29th, 2016, 01:25 PM

Dewey
This.

He normally redshirted for 2014, then tore his ACL and received a medical redshirt for 2015. He has 4 years with us.

lionsrking2
July 29th, 2016, 01:46 PM
This.

He normally redshirted for 2014, then tore his ACL and received a medical redshirt for 2015. He has 4 years with us.

That's not how it works. In most cases, a sixth year is not granted if a student-athlete has already used a redshirt year. The only instances where sixth years are granted is when it can be documented that more than one year has been lost due to injury. If only one year is lost due to injury, the sixth year is typically not granted. That's not to say there haven't been instances of gray area where kids were granted 6th years on appeals but it's not common.

My guess this kid will have 3 yrs of eligibility unless they come up with an injury as to the reason he missed 2014. Otherwise, 2014 is a redshirt which is considered "voluntary."

dewey
July 29th, 2016, 01:57 PM
That's not how it works. In most cases, a sixth year is not granted if a student-athlete has already used a redshirt year. The only instances where sixth years are granted is when it can be documented that more than one year has been lost due to injury. If only one year is lost due to injury, the sixth year is typically not granted. That's not to say there haven't been instances of gray area where kids were granted 6th years on appeals but it's not common.

My guess this kid will have 3 yrs of eligibility unless they come up with an injury as to the reason he missed 2014. Otherwise, 2014 is a redshirt which is considered "voluntary."

JSUSOUTHERNER stated that he was out in 2015 due to an ACL injury and received a medical redshirt. To me it is pretty clear he has 4 years remaining.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
July 29th, 2016, 01:58 PM

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article92526687.html

Davidson will be eligible to play immediatly and will have four years to play. The former Gaffney star did not play a down for South Carolina.

Your guess is wrong.

lionsrking2
July 29th, 2016, 02:08 PM
http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article92526687.html

Your guess is wrong.

Then the missed 2014 season was due to injury or some other hardship and not a voluntary redshirt. Either that or the news story assumption he has four years is incorrect. The NCAA will make that determination.

lionsrking2
July 29th, 2016, 02:41 PM
JSUSOUTHERNER stated that he was out in 2015 due to an ACL injury and received a medical redshirt. To me it is pretty clear he has 4 years remaining.

Dewey

He said he "normally redshirted" in 2014, which is considered voluntary, and a medical hardship in 2015. Unless he was wrong about 2014 being a redshirt or he misses another year due to injury, he'll have 3 yrs left.

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 02:56 PM
I'm guess major assumption.

You don't hear about a medical waiver this early on.

Also

To be eligible for a medical hardship waiver, a student-athlete has to meet the following criteria:

The student-athlete must suffer the injury during one of their four seasons of college competition or during the senior year of high school.(This does not provide for players who are already redshirting a season and are injured in practice.)
The injury must be incapacitating. That means it must be a season-ending injury.
The injury must occur prior to the start of the second half of the season.
The student-athlete must not have competed in more than 30% of the season or three contests, whichever is greater.

All of these must be proven with documentation. That means medical documentation to prove the injury and that it was season-ending and participation information to show that the student-athlete did not play in too many contests.

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2012/07/17/how-get-medical-redshirt.htm

JSUSoutherner
July 29th, 2016, 03:02 PM
He said he "normally redshirted" in 2014, which is considered voluntary, and a medical hardship in 2015. Unless he was wrong about 2014 being a redshirt or he misses another year due to injury, he'll have 3 yrs left.
I'm going to break this down for you because I'm a nice guy.

The NCAA gives 5 years to compete in 4 seasons with the 5 year being an optional redshirt year.
There are also special circumstances where you can apply to the NCAA for a sixth year to complete your 4 seasons if you have a season ending injury, like an ACL.

So in the case of Davidson:

He normally redshirted in 2014. Just a normal redshirt. He wasn't injured. He just redshirted.

In the preseason camps of 2015 he tore his ACL causing him to miss ALL of 2015. For this injury the NCAA granted him a medical redshirt (medical hardship waiver) for the season, effectively granting him one extra year and giving him 6 years overall to complete his four seasons.

He comes to JSU with 4 years of eligibility remaining.

This happens all the time. We did it with Josh Clemmons this year. We tried to do it with LaMichael Fanning and he would have been granted a 6th year for his ACL injury last year but he didn't get his paperwork in on time.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20160503/ARTICLES/160509886

The now 21-year-old redshirted during his 2014 freshman season before suffering a torn knee ligament in late August of this past year (2015), forcing him to miss every game.

lionsrking2
July 29th, 2016, 03:06 PM

The NCAA gives 5 years to compete in 4 seasons with the 5 year being an optional redshirt year.
There are also special circumstances where you can apply to the NCAA for a sixth year to complete your 4 seasons if you have a season ending injury, like an ACL.

He normally redshirted in 2014. Just a normal redshirt. He wasn't injured. He just redshirted.

In the preseason camps of 2015 he tore his ACL causing him to miss ALL of 2015. For this injury the NCAA granted him a medical redshirt for the season, effectively granting him one extra year and giving him 6 years overall to complete his four seasons.

This happens all the time. We did it with Josh Clemmons this year. We tried to do it with LaMichael Fanning and he would have been granted a 6th year for his ACL injury last year but he didn't get his paperwork in on time.

You may want to consult the NCAA manual.

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 03:08 PM

In the preseason camps of 2015 he tore his ACL causing him to miss ALL of 2015. For this injury the NCAA granted him a medical redshirt for the season, effectively granting him one extra year and giving him 6 years overall to complete his four seasons.

Let me break this down for you.

You get 5 years to complete 4
By voluntarily red-shirting you are still using one of those 5 years when you could still be playing.
You aren't missing a year because of injury
You still only get 5 years to play 4
You used volunteered to sit for one of your 5 years so you get 4 years to play 4 moving forward
You don't get a medical hardship to get a 6th year in this case should you suffer an injury simply because you've already decided to sit out a year of your 5

NOW HOW TO GET A MEDICAL
Before you step foot on campus (or while on campus but very early in a season) you suffer a season ending injury you are deemed to have lost a season due to medical hardship
You can apply to get that season back...but it has to happen twice because otherwise it's still part of your 5 years to play 4

let me repeat that...

You must lose two years due to injury to get a 6th year because in that situation you aren't deciding to voluntarily use one of your 5 years just to not play

If you are getting medical years from people in situation one your entire athletic department - player, coaches, trainers, compliance directors, and athletic director, are all lying and forging paperwork to the conference and NCAA.

JSUSoutherner
July 29th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Let me break this down for you.

You get 5 years to complete 4
By voluntarily red-shirting you are still using one of those 5 years when you could still be playing.
You aren't missing a year because of injury
You still only get 5 years to play 4
You used volunteered to sit for one of your 5 years so you get 4 years to play 4 moving forward
You don't get a medical hardship to get a 6th year in this case should you suffer an injury simply because you've already decided to sit out a year of your 5

NOW HOW TO GET A MEDICAL
Before you step foot on campus (or while on campus but very early in a season) you suffer a season ending injury you are deemed to have lost a season due to medical hardship
You can apply to get that season back...but it has to happen twice because otherwise it's still part of your 5 years to play 4

If you are getting medical years from people in situation one your entire athletic department - player, coaches, trainers, compliance directors, and athletic director, are all lying and forging paperwork to the conference and NCAA.
Ok. So where is the screw up in his case? Did he not really exist in 2014? Was our recruiting coordinator wrong and all of the articles wrong and he only has 3 years instead of four? Because math is not adding up right now. What am I missing?

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Ok. So where is the screw up in his case? Did he not really exist in 2014? Was our recruiting coordinator wrong and all of the articles wrong and he only has 3 years instead of four? Because math is not adding up right now.
Based on how medical redshirts actually work I'm guessing someone at JSU screwed up or someone is creating a paper trail after the fact of injuries and is making the assumption it will be granted....which the NCAA doesn't do until after the athlete has completed their allotted number of season (so after the senior season).

This is something I know very well due to a large amount of research done on it due to a basketball issue that affected UNI a few years back and a kid got a medical that in no way should have gotten one. I can lay that situation out if you would like, but it involves a transfer, use of a redshirt season due to the transfer and a surgery during that transfer season.

JSUSoutherner
July 29th, 2016, 03:32 PM
Phones suck. I had a question and it was long and my phone deleted the whole ****ing thing. Whatever. It's not worth retyping. We'll figure out if he has four years or not in four years.

Seriously, Apple, go **** yourself.

lionsrking2
July 29th, 2016, 03:39 PM
The "screw up" is that you're saying he redshirted in 2014 (voluntary) and did not receive a medical hardship. 2015 does not count as a medical hardship because he has already used a redshirt year. Should he miss another year due to injury at Jacksonville State, he would then have a case for a 6th year. The only issue is perhaps there was an injury in 2014 and he's appealing the NCAA to have that count as a medical hardship as well. If that's the case, he would probably get a 6th year if they conclude he could not have reasonably played. Otherwise, he's considered a redshirt sophomore. Fans and media often don't have all of the correct information. I'm simply telling you the rule based on the scenario you laid out.

The bottom line is this: The NCAA will only grant an extra year due to medical hardship if a student-athlete misses two or more seasons due to injury. If they miss one due to a redshirt, and one due to injury, a 6th year would not be granted in most cases.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/tam/genrel/auto_pdf/comp101-3-five-year-clock-ext.pdf

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 03:40 PM
The "screw up" is that you're saying he redshirted in 2014 (voluntary) and did not receive a medical hardship. 2015 does not count as a medical hardship because he has already used a redshirt year. Should he miss another year due to injury at Jacksonville State, he would then have a case for a 6th year. The only issue is perhaps there was an injury in 2014 and he's appealing the NCAA to have that count as a medical hardship as well. If that's the case, he would probably get a 6th year. Otherwise, he's considered a redshirt sophomore. Fans and media often don't have all of the correct information. I'm simply telling you the rule based on the scenario you laid out.
This is most accurate.

Based on everything that's been laid out so far there is zero chance he gets a 6th year.

Now, maybe there's paperwork proving he was 100% forced to miss 100% of 2014 to injury. If there is any video/photos/stories of him practicing though, especially the second half of the season, he's ****ed.

JSUSoutherner
July 29th, 2016, 03:43 PM
This is most accurate.

Based on everything that's been laid out so far there is zero chance he gets a 6th year.

Now, maybe there's paperwork proving he was 100% forced to miss 100% of 2014 to injury. If there is any video/photos/stories of him practicing though, especially the second half of the season, he's ****ed.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/gamecocks-wr-to-miss-season/

What about this?

From The State article linked in the SDS article:

Redshirt freshman Shaq Davidson of Gaffney will have surgery on both knees in the next six weeks and miss the season, coach Steve Spurrier said. Davidson tore a knee ligament during practice.“And he’s scheduled to have surgery on his other knee in about six weeks. It had been bothering him also,” Spurrier said. “He’ll have his second redshirt year this year.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article32802738.html#storylink=cpy

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 03:50 PM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina-football/gamecocks-wr-to-miss-season/

What about this?

All that proves is he missed last season due to injury. That article is from 2015

That does nothing to justify him getting a medical redshirt. I would almost never trust anything a coach says in regards to getting extra redshirt years...in fact a majority of coaches are instructed to not talk about it by compliant officers because it can lead to things like this when there is no proof that he missed 14 due to injury

lionsrking2
July 29th, 2016, 03:50 PM

What about this?

Obviously they are saying 2014 was missed due to previous injuries in HS and he could not have reasonably competed as a true freshman. The NCAA will investigate (or maybe already have) to make a determination if the request is valid. If so, the original scenario you presented is different. Bottom line is the NCAA will only grant a 6th year if an athlete misses 2 or more seasons due to circumstances beyond his and the institution's control ... injuries being most common.

JSUSoutherner
July 29th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Obviously they are saying 2014 was missed due to previous injuries in HS and he could not have reasonably competed as a true freshman. The NCAA will investigate (or maybe already have) to make a determination if the request is valid. If so, the original scenario you presented is different. Bottom line is the NCAA will only grant a 6th year if an athlete misses 2 or more seasons due to circumstances beyond his and the institution's control ... injuries being most common.
He did have a high school ACL tear, but it was in 2011. He played QB his senior year (fall 2013) and participated in the Army All-America Bowl so I don't see how his injury from 2011 could have lingered to affect his 2014 year at USC.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/shaq_davidson_911707.html
http://247sports.com/Article/2014-US-Army-All-American-Bowl-rosters-124381

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 04:01 PM
What JSU better pray is this...

based on my quick research

1. Davidson suffered a minor knee injury as a senior in high school
2. He had his knee scoped a few months before showing up on campus in 2014
3. Once on campus he still took part in drills, conditioning and route running, at least through August for sure

JSU better pray that South Carolina held him out of practice, had him in the training room, had multiple MRIs taken, multiple consultations with othopedic specialists, etc... and have all the documentation - especially a medical professional telling them he IS NOT ABLE TO PLAY - and will turn that over to JSU.

All I'm seeing is that he/the coaches decided to us 2014 to continue his rehabilitation, not that it was required as he couldn't play. AAMOF, most articles from fall 2014 point to him wanting to get on the field and contribute, doing drills, and participating at practice.

That's where the kicker comes in, and maybe JSU has something that we don't know about. It doesn't sound like he wasn't able to play, rather it was decided since he had 5 years to sit out a year.

That's the major key to all of this that isn't known....and why coaches/compliance officers should keep their mouths shut when it comes to using terms like "red shirt" and "medical red-shirt" because the reality is medical waivers aren't granted until the normal playing career is finished. Hell, you can't even petition for a medical until you've finished all other years

THe situation I referenced earlier as to why I know what i do about medicals....it was a basketball player and he found out on July 2nd that he got his medical clearance so he had to re-register for school, another player gave up a scholarship for him, etc...

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 04:02 PM
He did have a high school ACL tear, but it was in 2011. He played QB his senior year (fall 2013) and participated in the Army All-America Bowl so I don't see how his injury from 2011 could have lingered to affect his 2014 year at USC.

It wouldn't have, which is why there (based on what we know right now) is >1% chance he's granted a medical. JSU better pray that what I posted in my previous post is the situation.

lionsrking2
July 29th, 2016, 04:46 PM

If 2014 was a standard redshirt year, and presented as such, I can just about guarantee you his appeal will be denied. Could be they've already appealed it with documentation and have an answer. I have no idea other than how you have described the situation. The rule is the rule. I won't get into schools that "make stuff up." That's a different issue entirely.

Cocky
July 29th, 2016, 08:27 PM
Remember it is the NCAA and he came from the SEC. Both organizations have a history of getting inconsistent rulings.

jsualumnus
July 29th, 2016, 09:47 PM
What JSU better pray is this...

based on my quick research

1. Davidson suffered a minor knee injury as a senior in high school
2. He had his knee scoped a few months before showing up on campus in 2014
3. Once on campus he still took part in drills, conditioning and route running, at least through August for sure

JSU better pray that South Carolina held him out of practice, had him in the training room, had multiple MRIs taken, multiple consultations with othopedic specialists, etc... and have all the documentation - especially a medical professional telling them he IS NOT ABLE TO PLAY - and will turn that over to JSU.

All I'm seeing is that he/the coaches decided to us 2014 to continue his rehabilitation, not that it was required as he couldn't play. AAMOF, most articles from fall 2014 point to him wanting to get on the field and contribute, doing drills, and participating at practice.

That's where the kicker comes in, and maybe JSU has something that we don't know about. It doesn't sound like he wasn't able to play, rather it was decided since he had 5 years to sit out a year.

That's the major key to all of this that isn't known....and why coaches/compliance officers should keep their mouths shut when it comes to using terms like "red shirt" and "medical red-shirt" because the reality is medical waivers aren't granted until the normal playing career is finished. Hell, you can't even petition for a medical until you've finished all other years

THe situation I referenced earlier as to why I know what i do about medicals....it was a basketball player and he found out on July 2nd that he got his medical clearance so he had to re-register for school, another player gave up a scholarship for him, etc...

Good point, Clenz.

underdawg
July 30th, 2016, 06:58 AM
Good point, Clenz.

One of SIU's starting WRs received a 6th year this summer after review by NCAA (Israel Lamprakes). He missed both 2011 and 2012 with injuries.

clenz
July 30th, 2016, 07:56 AM
One of SIU's starting WRs received a 6th year this summer after review by NCAA (Israel Lamprakes). He missed both 2011 and 2012 with injuries.

He is a prime example. How long ago did he find out? I'm betting it was after spring ball for sure, if not after classes were out for official clearance.

dewey
July 30th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Here is a link about former NDSU wide receiver Zach Vraa deciding to come back for the 2015 season after being granted a medical redshirt. It doesn't say when the medical redshirt was granted however.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/3653201-zach-vraa-return-bison-another-season

Here is a post from the Bison Media Blog from the 2011 season about Zach being injured for most of the season and potentially being granted a medical redshirt. There is mention about it not being November yet in relation to the medical redshirt.

https://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/zach-vraa/

Here is another article talking about Zach playing in the first game and then suffering a season ending injury back in 2011. The medical redshirt was used for that season.

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/sports/college/3813832-zach-vraa-excited-return-another-bison-season

Dewey

underdawg
July 30th, 2016, 12:56 PM
He is a prime example. How long ago did he find out? I'm betting it was after spring ball for sure, if not after classes were out for official clearance.

Yes, you're correct--he was able to be in Spring Practice but the application process took many months--into the middle of summer before it was resolved.

SU DOG
July 30th, 2016, 01:08 PM
I would just be happy to have a 4**** SEC transfer to Samford for 3 OR 4years whichever.

JSUSoutherner
July 30th, 2016, 04:39 PM
I would just be happy to have a 4**** SEC transfer to Samford for 3 OR 4years whichever.
A post from GJS about this for us that is pretty spot on:

Funniest thing about this latest announcement -- for me at least -- is that generally speaking, many of us are a little "let down" by the announcement of a http://s8212.storage.proboards.com/5498212/i/Dgh0Z4KbDQGqbXRpbFnt.png SEC transfer with sub-4.5 speed and four full years of eligibity remaining.

Just. Think. About. That.

Now, just in case Shaq or any of his friends, family, or supporters read this post, please understand when I say "let down" it's ONLY because WR and QB are not the "positions of need" we're most worried about for this season. We're freakin' happy as a clam to have Shaq join us.

It's just that the announcement of, say, a 6-3, 250 lb linebacker with a hearty appetite for opposing quarterbacks would've just made us sleep better at night. That's all.

We're a week or so away from the official roster being released. There's still hope.

Man, we're spoiled.

ktuck911
July 31st, 2016, 02:58 PM

That kid's from the DC area I believe. I know UConn was recruiting him out of HS too.

ytownchief22
August 2nd, 2016, 09:45 AM
Damoun Patterson, WR from Utah State has joined Youngstown State.

Professor Chaos
August 4th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Auburn dismisses top RB Jovon Robinson, citing standards (http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17213717/auburn-tigers-boot-top-running-back-jovon-robinson-no-distractions)

Where's he headed? Jacksonville St to join former teammate Roc Thomas?

clenz
August 4th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Auburn dismisses top RB Jovon Robinson, citing standards (http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17213717/auburn-tigers-boot-top-running-back-jovon-robinson-no-distractions)

Where's he headed? Jacksonville St?
Playing GTA online last night with JSUSoutherner and that was one of the first things he mentioned.

He is very, very, up on on who is available on the "FBS Transfer Market" as he called it...

JSUSoutherner
August 4th, 2016, 09:27 AM
We don't want him. Too many off the feild issues. Plus, our backfield is the last place we need to add another transfer.

Plus, the main reason we got Roc, other than his connection to Grass, was that Roc didn't want to sit behind Javon and other for playing time. It would be a d*** move to bring in the guy Roc was getting away from in the first place.

FBS transfer market? I don't remember saying that. xlolx

clenz
August 4th, 2016, 09:48 AM
We don't want him. Too many off the feild issues. Plus, our backfield is the last place we need to add another transfer.

Plus, the main reason we got Roc, other than his connection to Grass, was that Roc didn't want to sit behind Javon and other for playing time. It would be a d*** move to bring in the guy Roc was getting away from in the first place.

FBS transfer market? I don't remember saying that. xlolx
It was said.

JSUSoutherner
August 4th, 2016, 09:55 AM
It was said.
Oh well. Wording things well has never been my forte. xdrunkyx

clutchcitykat
August 7th, 2016, 10:41 AM

You are correct. Davidson has 3 years of eligibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony215
August 8th, 2016, 07:45 AM
NC A&T gets a transfer from Eastern Michigan University DB David Pulliam 6-2 210 who might be moved to OLB at NC A&T. Played as a true freshman in 2013, got injured and used a redshirt as a sophomore in 2014 and got reinjured in 2015 using a medical redshirt. I believe he should have 3 years of eligibility left.

Thumper 76
August 8th, 2016, 09:10 AM
NC A&T gets a transfer from Eastern Michigan University DB David Pulliam 6-2 210 who might be moved to OLB at NC A&T. Played as a true freshman in 2013, got injured and used a redshirt as a sophomore in 2014 and got reinjured in 2015 using a medical redshirt. I believe he should have 3 years of eligibility left.

A medical redshirt is something that's granted after your season year, not just something you get to use at will.

Cocky
September 1st, 2016, 05:47 AM
LB Cedric Malone has transferred to JSU from USC-East grad transfer who was a reserve and a member of the SEC all academic team

TTUEagles
September 1st, 2016, 08:41 AM
Tonight, TTU will start 4 FBS transfers [QS (Marshall), WR (Louisville), RB (Temple) and DE (Appalachian St.)]

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2016, 08:45 AM
We also brought in Auburn 4-star DE Justin Thomas-Thornton and 4-star Wisconsin WR Krenwick Sanders. Both are currently expected to see some time this year.

clenz
September 1st, 2016, 08:54 AM
Raise your hand if your shocked JSU announced a billion more transfers

https://media.tenor.co/images/00d8cc5e2caead17c3439d4b0160ef1b/raw

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2016, 09:04 AM
Raise your hand if your shocked JSU announced a billion more transfers

https://media.tenor.co/images/00d8cc5e2caead17c3439d4b0160ef1b/raw

#StillStartingFewerThanUNI

Redbird007
September 1st, 2016, 09:26 AM
Would guess that some of the weaker academic FCS schools would get the struggling academic FBS football transfers more often...ie Ivies are not getting any transfers!! Those players will still need to get their grades up but it should be easier at a school with less rigorous academics? Is that the case?

clenz
September 1st, 2016, 09:39 AM
UNI starters from the 2 deep (not that it means anything, UNI's first two deeps are notorious for being complete...to the line of D3 walk on transfers have been listed as starters and returning All Conference guys not listed)

Anyway...

QB: Aaron Bailey - transfer (out of the Illinois mess/lies from 2 years ago) - back up is HS recruit
RB: Tyvis Smith -HS recruit
WR: Charles Brown - HS recruit
WR: Daurice Fountain - HS recruit
WR: Marcus Weymiller - HS recruit
TE: Elias Nissen - HS recruit
LT: Cal Twait - HS recruit
LG: Jackson Scott-Brown - HS recruit
C: Robert Rathje - HS recruit
RG: Trevor Hanson - HS recruit
RT: Jacob Appleman - - HS recruit

LDE: Hezekiah Applegate - HS recruit
DT: Preston Woods: - HS recruit
DT: Bryce Douglas - transfer (out of the Illinois mess/lies from 2 years ago...came in with Aaron Bailey)
RDE: Karter Schult - HS recruit
OLB: Jared Farley - HS recruit
MLB: Duncan Ferch - HS recruit
OLB: D'Shawn Dexter - HS recruit
CB: Malcolm Washington - transfer (Fresno State)
FS: D.J. Singleton - transfer (Nebraska...been on campus 3 years though)
SS: Tyrell Lyons - transfer (Florida State)
CB: Jamison Whiting - HS recruit

P: Sam Kuhter - HS recruit
PK: Austin Errthum - transfer (Drake...didn't play football at Drake...played soccer....so...not really sure how that counts)
H: Sam Kuhter - HS recruit
LS: Trent Simpson - HS recruit
KR: Daurice Fountain - HS recruit
PR: Marcus Weymiller - HS recruit

So, of the 28 starters there are 5.

Two of them came from an Illinois program that fired the coach over mistreatment of players and were supposedly involved in that situation

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/08/31/u-illinois-fires-football-coach-over-mistreatment-players
The preliminary findings of the ongoing investigation -- which included a review of 200,000 pages of documents, interviews with 90 people and a “large volume” of practice and game video -- were presented to Mike Thomas, the university’s athletic director, earlier this week.
“It showed me enough evidence that Tim Beckman needed to be dismissed as the University of Illinois head football coach,” Thomas said during a press conference Friday, adding that the findings left him “shocked and angry.”

3 of them are in the secondary, where UNI has 20 players listed and 13 of them are freshman, redshirt freshman or sophomores. UNI lost 4 starters (3 to the NFL) from last years secondary. Transfers were brought in to stop gap while the younger kids developed. It also sounds like a true freshman may be getting starts by the end of the year over one of the transfers.

There are 9 total FBS transfers on the roster.

Shockingly, JSU doesn't list if they are a transfer on their roster....wonder why. I bet they have more than 9

JSUSoutherner
September 1st, 2016, 09:51 AM
UNI starters from the 2 deep (not that it means anything, UNI's first two deeps are notorious for being complete...to the line of D3 walk on transfers have been listed as starters and returning All Conference guys not listed)

Anyway...

QB: Aaron Bailey - transfer (out of the Illinois mess/lies from 2 years ago) - back up is HS recruit
RB: Tyvis Smith -HS recruit
WR: Charles Brown - HS recruit
WR: Daurice Fountain - HS recruit
WR: Marcus Weymiller - HS recruit
TE: Elias Nissen - HS recruit
LT: Cal Twait - HS recruit
LG: Jackson Scott-Brown - HS recruit
C: Robert Rathje - HS recruit
RG: Trevor Hanson - HS recruit
RT: Jacob Appleman - - HS recruit

LDE: Hezekiah Applegate - HS recruit
DT: Preston Woods: - HS recruit
DT: Bryce Douglas - transfer (out of the Illinois mess/lies from 2 years ago...came in with Aaron Bailey)
RDE: Karter Schult - HS recruit
OLB: Jared Farley - HS recruit
MLB: Duncan Ferch - HS recruit
OLB: D'Shawn Dexter - HS recruit
CB: Malcolm Washington - transfer (Fresno State)
FS: D.J. Singleton - transfer (Nebraska...been on campus 3 years though)
SS: Tyrell Lyons - transfer (Florida State)
CB: Jamison Whiting - HS recruit

P: Sam Kuhter - HS recruit
PK: Austin Errthum - transfer (Drake...didn't play football at Drake...played soccer....so...not really sure how that counts)
H: Sam Kuhter - HS recruit
LS: Trent Simpson - HS recruit
KR: Daurice Fountain - HS recruit
PR: Marcus Weymiller - HS recruit

So, of the 28 starters there are 5.

Two of them came from an Illinois program that fired the coach over mistreatment of players and were supposedly involved in that situation

3 of them are in the secondary, where UNI has 20 players listed and 13 of them are freshman, redshirt freshman or sophomores. UNI lost 4 starters (3 to the NFL) from last years secondary. Transfers were brought in to stop gap while the younger kids developed. It also sounds like a true freshman may be getting starts by the end of the year over one of the transfers.

There are 9 total FBS transfers on the roster.

Shockingly, JSU doesn't list if they are a transfer on their roster....wonder why. I bet they have more than 9
They do say it on the roster. Look again.

If I counted correctly, we have 15 FBS guys on the roster.

Only 4 are starting:
WR: Shaq Davidson- USC. (Originally was not going to start but we lost Earl Calloway to injury during camp)
TE: Jonathan Curry- Purdue
RB: Roc Thomas- Auburn
DE: Joeseph Roberts- UAB

So of our four starters we have:
An All-Academic B1G
A local kid that came back to play for his HS coach
A UAB refugee

I don't know about you, but I don't have a single problem with that.

Cocky
September 1st, 2016, 09:54 AM
Would guess that some of the weaker academic FCS schools would get the struggling academic FBS football transfers more often...ie Ivies are not getting any transfers!! Those players will still need to get their grades up but it should be easier at a school with less rigorous academics? Is that the case?
Academics are usually the reason we get transfers. There is an easier school in the nation than UAT as most of our transfers from there struggle at JSU. SEC schools in general arent known for academics only football and partying.
The latest transfer was on the SEC all academic team if that means anything.

ST_Lawson
September 1st, 2016, 09:57 AM
Here's a list of our transfer players this season:

RB Jamie Gilmore (5'8", 200 lbs) - transferred from Temple, 1 year of eligibility left, currently listed as #3 RB on our depth chart
RB Joe Turk (6'2", 228 lbs) - transferred from Central Florida, 3 years of eligibility left, came in as a TE, but was very impressive in camp at more of a FB position. Could be more of a "Nikko Watson-style" RB...don't know if he'll be as good as Watson, but he's pretty big for a RB...we'll see.
TE Tony Harper (6'4", 228 lbs) - transferred from Pitt, 2 years of eligibility left, currently listed as #2 TE on our depth chart. Coach Fisher looks like he's implemented an offence that uses the TEs more as short-down receivers (something Coach Nielson never did), so we needed to bring in some TE receiving talent.
DL Steve Mercado (6'1", 285 lbs) - transferred from Lafayette (grad transfer rule), 1 year of eligibility left, currently listed as a #2 DT on our depth chart.

Plus a couple of JUCO guys who came in for their last two years, but I didn't know if we were talking about that type of "transfer" in this thread.

Cocky
September 2nd, 2016, 06:43 AM
Regie Meant DL from Kentucky was playing for JSU last night also. Didnt start but did see some action. He was a starting DL for Kentucky before leaving the team. Newspaper articles not sure as to why other than personal reasons

6'4" 300+ played real well last night.