PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire to play at Georgia Southern in 2017

FCS_pwns_FBS
March 17th, 2016, 12:02 PM
http://www.gseagles.com/news/2016/3/17/georgia-southern-announces-two-future-non-conference-football-opponents.aspx

Rematch time! I like this. Our strength of schedule may go up with UNH on it and it's a team that might draw a nice crowd of our fans. I just hope we aren't breaking the bank to do it.

BisonFan02
March 17th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Our phone lines are always open....give Jeremy Jorgenson a call.

FCS_pwns_FBS
March 17th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Our phone lines are always open....give Jeremy Jorgenson a call.

Would love to play NDSU, but we probably couldn't afford you for a single game and we probably won't do home and homes with FCS teams (and would we be trusted after we broke off the last home-and-home?)

BisonFan02
March 17th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Would love to play NDSU, but we probably couldn't afford you for a single game and we probably won't do home and homes with FCS teams (and would we be trusted after we broke off the last home-and-home?)

Nope...but I would be curious what you guys paid UNH. Typically, the G5 guarantee game wouldn't pay enough to justify the trip versus a home "guarantee" game. NDSU has played some MAC schools in the past during their DI transition, along with MWC members Wyoming and Colorado State, but I couldn't speak about any future matchups. Beggars can't be choosers now that the P5 conference schools are not answering NDSU's calls.

That being said...the Bison are going to go on the road once per year in OOC (unless it is a 12 game season).

NDSU formula/"power ranking" of choices:

2 OOC Home games:

1) Reasonable guarantee game (Chuck Southern this year..."reasonable" as far as cost is debatable)
2) Home end of a Home/Home

1 OOC Road game:

1) Regional P5 FBS game
2a) Away end of a home/home
2b) "Regional" G5 FBS game

In a perfect world, NDSU can bring two teams into Fargo with guarantee games (yeah, right), and go on the road to a B1G or Big 12 school. That world doesn't exist anymore. For FBS games, NDSU has Iowa this year (last B1G game), Oregon in 2020.......and that's it.

Mattymc727
March 17th, 2016, 02:23 PM
UNH is a young team right now, but 2017 may be a bigger year for them. GSU probably has a lot more talent than they did in 2004 (Maybe?). Should be fun.

ElCid
March 17th, 2016, 06:15 PM
http://www.gseagles.com/news/2016/3/17/georgia-southern-announces-two-future-non-conference-football-opponents.aspx

Rematch time! I like this. Our strength of schedule may go up with UNH on it and it's a team that might draw a nice crowd of our fans. I just hope we aren't breaking the bank to do it.

I'm just disappointed that we had such a poor performance against you last year. I think there was just too much history there for it to have ended any other way. You guys going to take Tech this year? That would be a huge step up for you guys as a growing in-state peer rival. You should have won last time.

FUBeAR
March 17th, 2016, 07:27 PM
You guys going to take Tech this year? That would be a huge step up for you guys as a growing in-state peer rival. You should have won last time.

Absolutely, the Bears will beat Tech this year. I don't really remember that 1938 game though, but if you say the Bears shoulda won, I'll go with it.

Wait...what?....You weren't talking about Mercer? Sorry, my bad. xsmiley_wix

KPSUL
March 17th, 2016, 10:52 PM

Looking forward to watching the UNH Wildcats play a school with a proud football tradition and great fans! I hope to get down there to watch the game.

Twentysix
March 17th, 2016, 11:19 PM
Awesome get for UNH.

Mattymc727
March 18th, 2016, 10:30 AM
UNH has done a great job of finding FBS opponents that not only pay decently, could be beaten, but also reside in new recruiting areas. A few years ago UNH started going back to California for recruits (San Diego area), and now weve played San Jose State and play San Diego State next year. UNH also got its first Georgia recruit last year and another one this year, now Georgia Southern is on the schedule. I think getting games in recruiting territories is helping them build a pipeline in those states.

It sure as hell has helped the UNH basketball team, which has always been a laughing stock.

UNHWildcat18
March 18th, 2016, 11:31 AM
UNH has done a great job of finding FBS opponents that not only pay decently, could be beaten, but also reside in new recruiting areas. A few years ago UNH started going back to California for recruits (San Diego area), and now weve played San Jose State and play San Diego State next year. UNH also got its first Georgia recruit last year and another one this year, now Georgia Southern is on the schedule. I think getting games in recruiting territories is helping them build a pipeline in those states.

It sure as hell has helped the UNH basketball team, which has always been a laughing stock.

Well I hope that it will help recruiting in Georgia. I have to say I think UNH is going to get absolutely curb stomped by Georgia southern in 2017.

Mattymc727
March 18th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Well I hope that it will help recruiting in Georgia. I have to say I think UNH is going to get absolutely curb stomped by Georgia southern in 2017.

Welp, we will take our cash and go home then...

tigonian02
March 18th, 2016, 05:03 PM
It's kind of one of those win/win games for UNH. In 2017, Georgia Southern will lose most of it's starting backfield, so it's not entirely far fetched for UNH to make a game of it. If they lose, it's a predicted loss and won't mean anything to them after that week in terms of the rest of the season. If they win, Georgia Southern gets laughed at and UNH jumps a bunch of spots in FCS ranking (depending of course where they are originally ranked). Not sure if UNH will ever have a solid pipeline in Georgia, but the state is recruiting gold, so there's a lot to go around. I'm glad the game was scheduled. Should be a fun one!

Apphole
March 19th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Stink fans are grumbling about their OOC scheduling. I can't blame them. Still no P5 home and homes. Apparently making $ is the priority. While App was preparing for the FBS move for years before it actually happened, Georgia Southern was less prepared.

I don't blame them for hating those schedules. Especially when their rival has H&Hs with two ACC teams and several close, natural G5 rivals in key recruiting areas.

tigonian02
March 19th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Stink fans are grumbling about their OOC scheduling. I can't blame them. Still no P5 home and homes. Apparently making $ is the priority. While App was preparing for the FBS move for years before it actually happened, Georgia Southern was less prepared.

I don't blame them for hating those schedules. Especially when their rival has H&Hs with two ACC teams and several close, natural G5 rivals in key recruiting areas.

Meh, the grumbling mostly comes from having 5 home games the next 3 years. App is doing well, but you guys financial situation isn't much better than ours. In any case we are both doing quite well for where we are.

BisonFan02
March 19th, 2016, 01:50 PM

Meh, the grumbling mostly comes from having 5 home games the next 3 years. App is doing well, but you guys financial situation isn't much better than ours. In any case we are both doing quite well for where we are.

Sounds like a blast. The Bison had 9 home games last year. I would personally grumble about your in conference schedule...but that's none of my business. xlolx

Apphole
March 19th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Our home conference schedule is better than any old SoCon schedule we had, but not by much.

Playing the Miami Hurricanes in Boone this September? That's pretty damn cool.

BisonFan02
March 19th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Our home conference schedule is better than any old SoCon schedule we had, but not by much.

Playing the Miami Hurricanes in Boone this September? That's pretty damn cool.

Georgia State, Idaho, Texas State, and UL-Monroe......oh joy! xlolx

I will try to catch "The U" game maybe. Any idea if that game will be on TV anywhere? (ESPN3?) The only catch is that is the same day as NDSU's game against Iowa down at Kinnick.

Apphole
March 19th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Georgia State, Idaho, Texas State, and UL-Monroe......oh joy! xlolx

I will try to catch "The U" game maybe. Any idea if that game will be on TV anywhere? (ESPN3?) The only catch is that is the same day as NDSU's game against Iowa down at Kinnick.
It might get bumped to Friday night for ESPN 1 or 2 (unconfirmed rumor). Otherwise it will be on ESPN3.

I'm not going to make any jokes about how *****ty a MVFC schedule must be because this is an FCS board and I know how this works. Just know that we're doing great, and we love it here in the FBS.

FWIW, I enjoyed our bowl game experience in December more than any of the dozens of FCS playoff games I attended before we moved UP.

BisonFan02
March 19th, 2016, 07:58 PM
It might get bumped to Friday night for ESPN 1 or 2 (unconfirmed rumor). Otherwise it will be on ESPN3.

I'm not going to make any jokes about how *****ty a MVFC schedule must be because this is an FCS board and I know how this works. Just know that we're doing great, and we love it here in the FBS.

FWIW, I enjoyed our bowl game experience in December more than any of the dozens of FCS playoff games I attended before we moved UP.

****ty MVFC schedule? Sure Bro. xlolx I'm glad that you guys are happy with your FBS move...I guess I just don't see it with the Sunbelt. Its the money drop....special teams players playing dead...and an island of misfit toys that annually pad the FCS over FBS win total.

tigonian02
March 19th, 2016, 08:14 PM

I second this

BisonFan02
March 19th, 2016, 08:37 PM

I second this

Which is good because the days of App State and Georgia Southern playing for a championship are all but over. I imagine that is half the battle when coming to grips with the move.

Apphole
March 19th, 2016, 10:00 PM
Which is good because the days of App State and Georgia Southern playing for a championship are all but over. I imagine that is half the battle when coming to grips with the move.

Project much?

BisonFan02
March 19th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Project much?

I'm not the one that would trade the FCS postseason for the GoDaddy.com Bowl or the Camellia Bowl. xthumbsupx

Apphole
March 19th, 2016, 10:30 PM
I'm not the one that would trade the FCS postseason for the GoDaddy.com Bowl or the Camellia Bowl. xthumbsupx

Most college football fans would.

BisonFan02
March 19th, 2016, 10:37 PM

Fair enough....a large chunk of college football fans are also uneducated twats that don't know what college football is outside of the P5 teams either. #youguysarestillD2 xlolx

TheKingpin28
March 19th, 2016, 10:37 PM

True D1 Championship where only 1 winner exists or relegated to coddling with handouts and participation trophies? Hmm... That is quite a dilemma on our hands.

Apphole
March 19th, 2016, 10:42 PM
Fair enough....a large chunk of college football fans are also uneducated twats that don't know what college football is outside of the P5 teams either. #youguysarestillD2 xlolx

And you're D3 xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
March 19th, 2016, 10:53 PM
And you're D3 xthumbsupx

xlolx When the internet world has been blowing up about "DII" Wentz....drawing comparisons to "DII" Miami of OH's Big Ben...its the world we live in. If you don't play in the former BCS, you are not "DI" to a lot of these toolbags. ESPN is shutting down a portion of Fargo again on Monday to do some filming....the NFL Network guys are also broadcasting live from NDSU's Pro Day next Thursday. We're doing just fine.... xthumbsupx

Terry2889
March 20th, 2016, 09:17 AM
And you're D3 xthumbsupx

I agree that most college football fans would support a move to FBS simply due to the fact that it is the highest level of competition. However, in your case it was a no brainer since your traditional rival came with you. Without checking Im guessing that your biggest attendance game is when Georgia Southern comes to town? I can't imagine that too many people get excited when South Alabama or UL Monroe come to Kidd Brewer. For teams like UNH or NDSU, moving up to a conference like the Sun Belt or the MAC would probably upset most fans. In UNH's case, we could rekindle an old rivalry with UMass, but other than that I don't think that many people would get too excited to see UNH take on Bowling Green or Western Michigan. Not that the FCS playoffs are big draws for sports fans but it has to be slightly upsetting knowing that even though your program technically is in the same NCAA affiliation as the P5 conferences there is literally no shot at competing for a national championship or even a playoff spot. It sounds like you guys are happy with your move which is awesome. In the end, we are all still in the same place in relationship to the Alabama's, Ohio States, and Notre Dame's of the world; nonexistent : ( But back to the subject at hand before everyone got their collective jock straps in a bunch. I really like this match up. UNH gets to rekindle a matchup with a team that saw us rise to national prominence, and Georgia Southern gets a quality opponent to prepare for their conference slate with. I hope I can make it down to Statesboro to see the expanded Paulson!

The Eagle's Cliff
March 20th, 2016, 02:00 PM
I like the game from a competition perspective, but I'd rather stick with cheap MEAC games. GS has always had one of the smallest budgets in D1 football and that hasn't changed. Some of our more ignorant fans gripe about the home schedule, but we've got a good formula. I'd much rather beat Indiana and get paid $1 million than sell 5000 tickets more for Miami than Savannah St.

BisonFan02
March 20th, 2016, 02:06 PM
I like the game from a competition perspective, but I'd rather stick with cheap MEAC games. GS has always had one of the smallest budgets in D1 football and that hasn't changed. Some of our more ignorant fans gripe about the home schedule, but we've got a good formula. I'd much rather beat Indiana and get paid $1 million than sell 5000 tickets more for Miami than Savannah St.

Do you guys know how much you are paying UNH? I think MEAC games might not be any cheaper perhaps?

EDIT: Also, "smallest budgets in DI football"? I'm not saying I necessarily disagree, but that didn't cause concern in your FBS feasibility study?

The Eagle's Cliff
March 20th, 2016, 05:25 PM
I don't know how much we're paying UNH. Can't be too much. It only costs $100 k to play Savannah St. The budget is why we didn't move up in the early 90s. I think we're 125th in FBS. Ultimately, we found a way to expand the stadium with state money because of commencement and student overflow. The Football operations building in the endzone is financed by a capital campaign of its own which stretches donations over 10 years.

There's extra revenue in FBS and increased donations and ticket sales were projected and are ahead of schedule. I'm sure NDSU has a bigger budget than GSU.

BisonFan02
March 20th, 2016, 07:31 PM
I don't know how much we're paying UNH. Can't be too much. It only costs $100 k to play Savannah St. The budget is why we didn't move up in the early 90s. I think we're 125th in FBS. Ultimately, we found a way to expand the stadium with state money because of commencement and student overflow. The Football operations building in the endzone is financed by a capital campaign of its own which stretches donations over 10 years.

There's extra revenue in FBS and increased donations and ticket sales were projected and are ahead of schedule. I'm sure NDSU has a bigger budget than GSU.

How much extra revenue for FBS versus prior? Does it outweigh the extra costs? Would Savannah St really take a 100k check to play a FBS team? If they are going to take a beating by a FBS team, I imagine they could garner more than that. NDSU would offer more....CSU is getting a 300k check for their trip.

The Eagle's Cliff
March 20th, 2016, 07:59 PM
Savannah is a 50 minute bus ride from Statesboro and the current arrangement includes us playing baseball and basketball in Savannah which benefits them.

Revenues are up overall so the extra in FBS is making up the difference. You can research it, but each G5 conference gets a share of the CFP payouts similar to BCS. The higher your conference ranking the more money. Being the highest ranked G5 school is our new equivalent of an FCS championship. We get a New Years Day Bowl and the conference shares an additional $25 million or so. Last year, each Sunbelt school got about a million. That number will automatically go up because we're only 10 schools after 2017.

GS, App, Troy in the East with South Alabama and Coastal and Arkansas St and UL Lafayette in the West with Texas State gives the conference a chance to get better at the top, middle and bottom.

The advantage we have at GS is our football culture and being in the middle of fertile recruiting territory. It's what helped our quick and sustained success in IAA/FCS and will bring more in FBS. IMO, it's what will help us pass Middle Tenn, Ark St, Nevada, Boise again (next 10-15 years) like we did in the 80s and 90s. Exciting times.

BisonFan02
March 20th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Savannah is a 50 minute bus ride from Statesboro and the current arrangement includes us playing baseball and basketball in Savannah which benefits them.

Revenues are up overall so the extra in FBS is making up the difference. You can research it, but each G5 conference gets a share of the CFP payouts similar to BCS. The higher your conference ranking the more money. Being the highest ranked G5 school is our new equivalent of an FCS championship. We get a New Years Day Bowl and the conference shares an additional $25 million or so. Last year, each Sunbelt school got about a million. That number will automatically go up because we're only 10 schools after 2017.

GS, App, Troy in the East with South Alabama and Coastal and Arkansas St and UL Lafayette in the West with Texas State gives the conference a chance to get better at the top, middle and bottom.

The advantage we have at GS is our football culture and being in the middle of fertile recruiting territory. It's what helped our quick and sustained success in IAA/FCS and will bring more in FBS. IMO, it's what will help us pass Middle Tenn, Ark St, Nevada, Boise again (next 10-15 years) like we did in the 80s and 90s. Exciting times.

How much would the additional football schollys and their Title IX matches cost? Its a good thing you guys have that Savannah State arrangment or OOC home games would get pretty spendy.

That million each Sunbelt school gets probably gets spent awfully quickly...any TV money? How have non football sports fared since the move?

I understand that you guys have to do what's best for the school....but I just don't see it. Note below...

BisonFan02's official FBS position for NDSU:

1) A FBS move cannot be just football....it needs to be all sports
2) A hard "NO" to the Sunbelt and MAC. I don't care what the $$$ look like. That is the equivalent of the MEAC/SWAC Celebration bowl to me....just replace it with the MAC/Sunbelt GoDaddy.com bowl. Most of the conference games would not "move the needle" for me in comparison to the MVFC.

Keep in mind...I'm assuming NDSU has made the necessary investments in all sports to be able to support this....and a proper study has been done.

Is this going to happen?.............nope

The Eagle's Cliff
March 21st, 2016, 01:20 AM
Title IX is factored in and relatively cheap. We added Women's Rifle and Golf. Other sports are about the same with MBB improving and baseball is as solid as it has been. Sunbelt is actually a strong baseball conference made even more so with GS and now Coastal.

NDSU is a completely different situation from directional U's in large population States. That said, the MAC would be ideal in all sports and NDSU would dominate in no time. Build a bigger indoor stadium or play outside like the Packers.

I totally understand the pride you have in your conference. Curious as to how you felt about FCS 10 years ago when NDSU was moving from DII. Not sure it would benefit the Bison, but our budget and revenue have nearly doubled from $11 million to almost $20 million.

I've personally attended 4 NC games and the Go Daddy last year felt bigger. Certainly the media coverage was more than those other 4 combined. That's probably different in North Dakota but Statesboro is In the middle of SEC and ACC country and high school football draws more than most FCS schools. I remember people in little Statesboro not knowing or noticing we won another NC in 2000 when I got back from Chattanooga, but people couldn't stop talking about that "who-gives-a-crap" Bowl that over 2 million watched on TV even though it was a Wednesday 2 days before Christmas.

UNHWildcat18
March 21st, 2016, 09:43 AM

UNH won't pick up a call from the FBS unless it's 300k+ so I would assume around there.

F'N Hawks
March 21st, 2016, 09:59 AM

What exactly is an FBS Basketball/Baseball/Xball conference?

FCS_pwns_FBS
March 21st, 2016, 02:26 PM
How much would the additional football schollys and their Title IX matches cost? Its a good thing you guys have that Savannah State arrangment or OOC home games would get pretty spendy.

That million each Sunbelt school gets probably gets spent awfully quickly...any TV money? How have non football sports fared since the move?

I understand that you guys have to do what's best for the school....but I just don't see it. Note below...

BisonFan02's official FBS position for NDSU:

2) A hard "NO" to the Sunbelt and MAC. I don't care what the $$$ look like. That is the equivalent of the MEAC/SWAC Celebration bowl to me....just replace it with the MAC/Sunbelt GoDaddy.com bowl. Most of the conference games would not "move the needle" for me in comparison to the MVFC.

Keep in mind...I'm assuming NDSU has made the necessary investments in all sports to be able to support this....and a proper study has been done.

Is this going to happen?.............nope

The math is different when you are in the SoCon versus the MVFC.

I personally have enjoyed our series with schools like Wofford and Furman over the years, but I also sympathize with other Georgia Southern and App fans that aren't big fans of the "Patriot League South" (not my words, but something you hear) mentality a lot of the SoCon schools have.

I've said it before, if the fans of the current SoCon teams are happy with where the league is then more power to them (and I honestly hope they are), but I don't want to be in a league that considers VMI and Mercer before Jacksonville State and Coastal Carolina and who wants to raise the exit fee to keep any school that might be able to jump to FBS in the future out. And I feel pretty sure even if geography were no issue NDSU would want any part of the SoCon, either.

If my team were in the MVFC and wasn't a good geographic fit for any of the bottom 3 conferences, I would have some reservations about FBS too.

The Eagle's Cliff
March 21st, 2016, 09:18 PM
UNH won't pick up a call from the FBS unless it's 300k+ so I would assume around there.

That's about the number I heard as the going rate if we wanted The Citadel to come back to town. We got them cheaper last year. AD's all know each other and scratch each other's back. I like the matchup, but I think we could get a MEAC school like SC State (100 miles) for cheaper with some baseball and basketball OOC thrown in the deal. Much smaller chance of getting embarrassed too;). I never want to play Mercer of Kennesaw just because it does more to elevate their programs. UGA and Ga Tech have both escaped by the skin of their teeth playing us recently and I don't think Kirby Smart will schedule us. Ga Tech will keep it up because we put 12K in their stadium.

Apphole
March 22nd, 2016, 08:08 AM
If my team were in the MVFC and wasn't a good geographic fit for any of the bottom 3 conferences, I would have some reservations about FBS too.

Especially if your state weren't home to any FBS schools or a single professional sports team.

BisonFan02
March 22nd, 2016, 08:14 AM
That's about the number I heard as the going rate if we wanted The Citadel to come back to town. We got them cheaper last year. AD's all know each other and scratch each other's back. I like the matchup, but I think we could get a MEAC school like SC State (100 miles) for cheaper with some baseball and basketball OOC thrown in the deal. Much smaller chance of getting embarrassed too;). I never want to play Mercer of Kennesaw just because it does more to elevate their programs. UGA and Ga Tech have both escaped by the skin of their teeth playing us recently and I don't think Kirby Smart will schedule us. Ga Tech will keep it up because we put 12K in their stadium.

How does that hurt a mighty FBS team? You guys aren't recruiting against them are you?

BisonFan02
March 22nd, 2016, 08:19 AM
Especially if your state weren't home to any FBS schools or a single professional sports team.

This argument is about as tired as it would be if I pulled state populations for reference. One little hop/skip over a river puts a Fargo Bison fan in the state of Minnesota...which has more than a few professional sports teams and even a fledgling B1G football team. The typical local is either a fan of the Vikings or Packers....sprinkle in a few other teams as well. I know of quite a few Viking season ticket holders even in lil old Rugby, ND...check a map to see how much of a commute that would be. The point? We aren't immune to the NFL up here even if our "tiny" state doesn't have a franchise. *sob* xlolx

KPSUL
March 22nd, 2016, 10:57 PM
It's kind of one of those win/win games for UNH. In 2017, Georgia Southern will lose most of it's starting backfield, so it's not entirely far fetched for UNH to make a game of it. If they lose, it's a predicted loss and won't mean anything to them after that week in terms of the rest of the season. If they win, Georgia Southern gets laughed at and UNH jumps a bunch of spots in FCS ranking (depending of course where they are originally ranked). Not sure if UNH will ever have a solid pipeline in Georgia, but the state is recruiting gold, so there's a lot to go around. I'm glad the game was scheduled. Should be a fun one!

Not a pipeline yet but we got a very promising DE class of 2015 from Milton GA, Josh Kania, who will likely see some playing time this season and a probable starter in the future. We signed an Offensive lineman from Starrs Mill, GA, named Colin McGuire this class. With a name like that you'd think we found him in metro Boston.

The Eagle's Cliff
March 23rd, 2016, 06:13 AM
How does that hurt a mighty FBS team? You guys aren't recruiting against them are you?

That sarcastic adjective might be better spent on a fan whose team wasn't born and raised in I-AA. Mercer has a lot of money and Macon is on the fringe of our market. The reason for G5 schools being FBS is because PERCEPTION rules the marketplace. The ignorance of the masses guarantees Ga Southern being higher in the athletics pecking order than every school in Ga not named UGA or Ga Tech. We gain nothing by letting Mercer or Kennesaw compete with us on the football field. That said, I feel certain they will be on future schedules anyway.

There is a cultural gap talking football in the Midwest and Southeast. I hope the people in North Dakota take a lot of pride in the accomplishments of the Bison. For all of our accomplishments, we barely registered in popular market share outside a 75 mile radius of Statesboro.

BisonFan02
March 23rd, 2016, 09:54 AM
That sarcastic adjective might be better spent on a fan whose team wasn't born and raised in I-AA. Mercer has a lot of money and Macon is on the fringe of our market. The reason for G5 schools being FBS is because PERCEPTION rules the marketplace. The ignorance of the masses guarantees Ga Southern being higher in the athletics pecking order than every school in Ga not named UGA or Ga Tech. We gain nothing by letting Mercer or Kennesaw compete with us on the football field. That said, I feel certain they will be on future schedules anyway.

There is a cultural gap talking football in the Midwest and Southeast. I hope the people in North Dakota take a lot of pride in the accomplishments of the Bison. For all of our accomplishments, we barely registered in popular market share outside a 75 mile radius of Statesboro.

In all likelihood, you gain a win towards bowl eligibility (I'm assuming). I suppose Georgia (or just pick another P5 schools...any of them) have nothing to gain by playing you guys either? I get in the same arguments with Bison fans. We cry wolf when B1G schools (Minnesota for example) refuse to schedule the Bison/FCS teams, but we continually bitch about our OOC schedule with teams like Incarnate Word and Ferris State.

walliver
March 23rd, 2016, 03:21 PM

But what about Reinhardt?

FUBeAR
March 23rd, 2016, 10:12 PM
I don't want to be in a league that considers VMI and Mercer before...Coastal Carolina

So, you're saying inviting the Beach Chickens for a short-term 2 year lease in the SoCon would have been the SMART move, then?

FUBeAR
March 23rd, 2016, 10:17 PM
But what about Reinhardt?

Good catch Walliver. Keep 'em honest in here!

The Eagle's Cliff
March 25th, 2016, 06:27 AM
In all likelihood, you gain a win towards bowl eligibility (I'm assuming). I suppose Georgia (or just pick another P5 schools...any of them) have nothing to gain by playing you guys either? I get in the same arguments with Bison fans. We cry wolf when B1G schools (Minnesota for example) refuse to schedule the Bison/FCS teams, but we continually bitch about our OOC schedule with teams like Incarnate Word and Ferris State.

UGA and Ga Tech don't really gain by playing us. The difference, I suppose, is they have less to lose. GS is much closer to Mercer and Kennesaw in market share. We will never be in the same league as UGA. Maybe 20 years will put us closer to Tech. The entire state is Dawg Country.