PDA

View Full Version : Remember When...

Appstate03
December 15th, 2006, 11:38 PM
..Armanti was put in charge of App early this year and everyone wrote off the Mountaineers. Oh how times have changed. I don't know if we could have gotten here with Trey at the helm. I'm not knocking Trey at all because I don't think Armanti could have played as well without Trey being the class act he is and helping Edwards any way he could. I cannot wait to watch Armanti grow over the next 3 years. GO APPS!!!!

Tailbone
December 15th, 2006, 11:47 PM
..Armanti was put in charge of App early this year and everyone wrote off the Mountaineers. Oh how times have changed. I don't know if we could have gotten here with Trey at the helm. I'm not knocking Trey at all because I don't think Armanti could have played as well without Trey being the class act he is and helping Edwards any way he could. I cannot wait to watch Armanti grow over the next 3 years. GO APPS!!!!

You need to change your sig.

Appstate03
December 15th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Thanks

AppStateSVX
December 16th, 2006, 12:41 AM
I knew Armanti was something special the first play I saw him. good years are ahead of us at ASU. you don't think he will transfer to a larger school though do you?

AppIAA
December 16th, 2006, 12:47 AM
I knew Armanti was something special the first play I saw him. good years are ahead of us at ASU. you don't think he will transfer to a larger school though do you?

My friend and i were talking about that today. Honestly, I think he may think about it, but in the end App (or a smaller school) may be the best place for him. He's too small to go to the NFL as a QB (of course that is stereotype), so why go somewhere he can get more exposure when he has the opportunity to do that where he is? Sure, he can be drafted as a WR or something in the NFL, but does he have the body for that? Theres no doubt hes an amazing football player and athlete, but his size may unfortunately effect his future

asuboys
December 16th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Armanti Edwards WILL NOT transfer to another Div. 1 BCS school.... Why would he want to waste a year of eligibility and only have TWO years left to play at another school..... DUH....

Tailbone
December 16th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Armanti Edwards WILL NOT transfer to another Div. 1 BCS school.... Why would he want to waste a year of eligibility and only have TWO years left to play at another school..... DUH....

Isn't he a true freshman?
In which case he has a redshirt year avilable.
That makes 3 years of availability.
And, he can apply for a fifth year upon graduation and subsequent enrollment in a graduate program.

blueballs
December 16th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Edwards won't be going anywhere.

When I saw the "remember when" title of this thread the first thing I thought of was ASU's "transitional" offense year in 2004. I remember the 54-7 beatdown GSU gave them and remember how pissed the ASU nation was and a lot of folks calling for Jerry Moore's head.

My, how times have changed in hillbilly country!!!

That beating seems like a long time ago now doesn't it? And the suffering of that season was definitely worth it, wasn't it?

PantherRob82
December 16th, 2006, 08:25 AM
I wondered about Edwards moving up too. I would guess if the right team came calling he would, but not sure that situation would happen. I think we're all stuck playing against him the next 3 years.

ravens
December 16th, 2006, 08:41 AM
My friend and i were talking about that today. Honestly, I think he may think about it, but in the end App (or a smaller school) may be the best place for him. He's too small to go to the NFL as a QB (of course that is stereotype), so why go somewhere he can get more exposure when he has the opportunity to do that where he is? Sure, he can be drafted as a WR or something in the NFL, but does he have the body for that? Theres no doubt hes an amazing football player and athlete, but his size may unfortunately effect his future

Agree. To play QB he needs to stay where he is. He may find a position as a WR or in the defensive secondary of the NFL with some weight training.
He can really take some hits even at 155 lbs. He and Richardson simply wore Mass' #1 D down running the ball 20 consecutive times. Mass couldn't get off the field except to drop like flies. Great season Appy.:hurray:

89Hen
December 16th, 2006, 10:12 AM
I don't know if we could have gotten here with Trey at the helm.
I was pretty vocal in the off-season that Trey could not lead your team to the promised land. I still believe that and that's why Jerry Moore is coach of the year... for realizing this and making the change.

JDC325
December 16th, 2006, 10:15 AM

Nervous?xlolx I would be after him puting on that kind of display on National Television. It is quite possible alot of BCS teams come calling. Cant say I would miss him but it would suck for you guys and the SoCon.

B&G
December 16th, 2006, 11:30 AM
There are some pretty amazing QB's that never "got the call" or if they did then they "never answered." Steve McNair comes to mind. There is a certain stigma about being successful in PCS. I'm sure most BCS coaches would look at a 155 pound QB and scoff that he'd get murdered if he played with the big boys. He's at ASU b/c he wants to be a QB and the bigger schools wouldn't give him the opportunity. I personally think it is about a 1% chance he leaves.

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 16th, 2006, 01:43 PM
I wondered about Edwards moving up too. I would guess if the right team came calling he would, but not sure that situation would happen. I think we're all stuck playing against him the next 3 years.
IMO.....he's better off staying at ASU. Sure..he led ASU to the title and he put up outstanding numbers.....but the competition at the next level would be greater and he would have to fine the "right" program.

If indeed someone comes calling.....let's hope he gets support to make the correct decision.

Congrats to ASU...

Mr. C
December 16th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Armanti Edwards had opportunites to go to BIGGER schools out of high school. But all of them wanted to switch him to wide receiver. He wanted to play QB and App State was one of the few programs that said they would give him a chance at QB. ASU and The Citadel were two of the few teams that wanted him to be a QB. Having the chance to get to know the kid this season (what a poised young man and what a cool customer unde fire), I see no chance that he would go anywhere.

BULLDOG8180
December 16th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Armanti Edwards had opportunites to go to BIGGER schools out of high school. But all of them wanted to switch him to wide receiver. He wanted to play QB and App State was one of the few programs that said they would give him a chance at QB. ASU and The Citadel were two of the few teams that wanted him to be a QB. Having the chance to get to know the kid this season (what a poised young man and what a cool customer unde fire), I see no chance that he would go anywhere.

I agree with Mr. C, Money will stay at App. St. However, I do think Money's locks would have looked good in a Citadel uniform. Higgins wanted him bad, but, Money never really gave The Citadel a second thought. I was hoping after his high school teammate, Alex Sellars commited to The Citadel, Money would give them some consideration. But he didn't and headed to App. St. Consider yourself lucky to have this tremendous talent for 4 more years to play 3.

hapapp
December 16th, 2006, 03:57 PM
IMO.....he's better off staying at ASU. Sure..he led ASU to the title and he put up outstanding numbers.....but the competition at the next level would be greater and he would have to fine the "right" program.

If indeed someone comes calling.....let's hope he gets support to make the correct decision.

Congrats to ASU...

By the way, some props to Mickey Mathews. According to Jerry Moore, he and Mickey had their staffs evaluate each other's team after our game in Boone. Apparently, they took a couple of days to come up with some recommendations. Mickey's primary suggestion was a quarterback change. Jerry listened and the rest is history.

Mr. C
December 16th, 2006, 04:05 PM
By the way, some props to Mickey Mathews. According to Jerry Moore, he and Mickey had their staffs evaluate each other's team after our game in Boone. Apparently, they took a couple of days to come up with some recommendations. Mickey's primary suggestion was a quarterback change. Jerry listened and the rest is history.
Mark Wiedmer's column was not received well at all at the Marriott this morning. A lot of those close to the program were LIVID with Wiedmer. There were some major factual errors in the column and most felt that he had totally messed up the context of Moore's quotes. Wiedmer threw Trey Elder under the bus. It was a bad, bad piece of writing by a columnist who didn't win many friends around Chattanooga this week. Wiedmer also asked one of the worst questions I've heard in a long time in the post-game press conference, asking Jerry Moore about ASU going I-A. There were a lot of rolled eyes from the rest of the media about it, though Moore did a gracious job of answering the question and saying he likes where ASU's program is at (why wouldn't he?).

This column was a total piece of crap.

Mr. C
December 16th, 2006, 04:07 PM
I agree with Mr. C, Money will stay at App. St. However, I do think Money's locks would have looked good in a Citadel uniform. Higgins wanted him bad, but, Money never really gave The Citadel a second thought. I was hoping after his high school teammate, Alex Sellars commited to The Citadel, Money would give them some consideration. But he didn't and headed to App. St. Consider yourself lucky to have this tremendous talent for 4 more years to play 3.
Armanti had NO desire for a military lifestyle. He is VERY happy at ASU and has grown tremendously in the past few weeks. What a great kid.

Eyes of Old Main
December 16th, 2006, 11:26 PM
ASU and The Citadel were two of the few teams that wanted him to be a QB.

Wofford was recruiting him heavily as well. I would assume it was to play QB since WR's aren't exactly a glamourous position for the Terriers.

I hope he realizes what he's got at Appalachian and doesn't make a foolish move up.