PDA

View Full Version : Will the 2016 Big Dance be forgettable?

bonarae
February 5th, 2016, 05:50 PM
On the dark side, I posted a thread similar to this title, in response to Louisville self-imposing a postseason ban in men's basketball.

The question is: Will this year would become deserving of any of the following titles:

"Year of the True Cinderella Winning It All"
"Year of the Mid/Low-Major"
"Year of the Many Upsets"

With SMU and now Louisville staying home this year (the latter, supported by its president, self-imposed a men's basketball postseason ban just days ago), is this edition becoming more likely to be run by the low major/mid-major schools who win their conference tournaments? Or is this edition would become more of a dud, i.e. forgettable?

On the other side, with two ranked teams staying home, will a usual mid-major/low-major at-large snub sneak in come Selection Sunday?

Laker
February 5th, 2016, 05:59 PM
I'm hoping that some team other than the entitled anointed come through and wins. Had Butler's bank shot gone in against Duke, or Wisconsin's dream season ended with a title, most of us would have remembered it better.

Think of NC State's miracle over Houston- Villanova's miracle over Georgetown- even Duke's first title win when they beat UNLV in the semis. That is what I like to see.