PDA

View Full Version : Senior Bowl

BisonTru
January 25th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Game: Saturday Jan. 30th, 1:30 pm
All times in CST.

TV Coverage: The game will be on NFL network and practices will air on ESPNU Wednesday and Thursday. There will also be a re-cap show at 7pm all three days on NFL network.

Practice Schedule
Tuesday 1:15pm (South); 3:15pm North
Wednesday 9:30am (North); 1:30pm (South)
Thursday 9:30am (North); 1:30 (South)

FCS Players

North
OT Joe Haeg - North Dakota State
DB Deiondre Hall - Northern Iowa
S Miles Killebrew - Southern Utah
QB Carson Wentz - North Dakota State
OT Cole Toner - Harvard

South
DB Harlan Miller - SE Louisiana
DB James Bradberry - Samford
DB DeAndre Houston-Carson - William & Mary
WR Paul McRoberts - SE Missouri St
DE Noah Spence - Eastern Kentucky
DT Javon Hargrave - South Carolina St

BisonFan02
January 25th, 2016, 10:24 PM
Check the practice schedule. There was talk about some shifting g due to weather....it was supposed to be confirmed tonight?

BisonTru
January 25th, 2016, 11:55 PM
Here's a good video highlighting both Wentz and Spence. Both could solidify first round selections with a strong showing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ystery-of-qb-prospect-carson-wentz-begins-to-unfold-at-senior-bowl-042749796.html

BisonTru
January 26th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Weigh Ins

http://optimumscouting.com/draft/2016-senior-bowl-weigh-ins.html

Carson Wentz had the biggest with 10 inch hands

UNI CB Deondre Hall had 34 3/4 inch arms, remarkably long.

​Southern Utah Miles Killebrew with one of the more impressive body types so far. At 6016, 218, he has plenty of supports on film to kick off a strong week

BisonTru
January 26th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Matt MillerVerified account ‏@nfldraftscout (https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout) 5m5 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/692142709394522113)
Standouts of the players I saw today: Noah Spence, Jarran Reed, Harlan Miller, Braxton Miller, Kenneth Dixon, Carson Wentz

BisonTru
January 26th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Check the practice schedule. There was talk about some shifting g due to weather....it was supposed to be confirmed tonight?
Due to heavy rain expected overnight tonight in Mobile, both team practices are being pushed back tomorrow; North now from 12:00pm-2:00pm and South now from 2:30pm-4:30pm.

http://profootballspot.com/nfl-draft/news/news/senior-bowl-north-south-get-first-practice-under-belt-on-day-2-r7/

smallcollegefbfan
February 19th, 2016, 08:23 AM
You guys forgot to add SC State DT Javon Hargrave. He was added late and made a play or two in the game.

BisonTru
February 19th, 2016, 11:59 AM
You guys forgot to add SC State DT Javon Hargrave. He was added late and made a play or two in the game.

Ahh yes. I also missed Harvard's Cole Toner, the Senior bowl listed FCS and Ivy separately.

Curious since you were there (NFLPA Bowl), how'd CJ Smith do? Did he turn any heads or more just fit in?

smallcollegefbfan
February 19th, 2016, 06:56 PM
Ahh yes. I also missed Harvard's Cole Toner, the Senior bowl listed FCS and Ivy separately.

Curious since you were there (NFLPA Bowl), how'd CJ Smith do? Did he turn any heads or more just fit in?

Smith looked good! He showed up during the week and seemed to more than hold his own. I'm glad we finally had a NDSU player in the game so he can go back and tell your guys how good it was. It truly is a better event than the Shrine now and hopefully NDSU players will see that and at least pick it over the Shrine. NFL teams told me all week how the NFLPA is a better game for them than the Shrine.

I know I would rather be in LA a their game than at the Shrine myself!

BisonTru
February 19th, 2016, 08:04 PM
Smith looked good! He showed up during the week and seemed to more than hold his own. I'm glad we finally had a NDSU player in the game so he can go back and tell your guys how good it was. It truly is a better event than the Shrine now and hopefully NDSU players will see that and at least pick it over the Shrine. NFL teams told me all week how the NFLPA is a better game for them than the Shrine.

I know I would rather be in LA a their game than at the Shrine myself!

What's the difference, outside of location?

Also, I know all these all star bowls are competing with the Senior bowl. Why not invite early entrance juniors. I know you're thoughts that most of these kids should stay another year, but if they've already made the decision, why not invite them. Might be a nice niche market that could maybe some day push the NFLPA bowl past the Senior bowl.

smallcollegefbfan
February 20th, 2016, 09:23 AM
What's the difference, outside of location?

Also, I know all these all star bowls are competing with the Senior bowl. Why not invite early entrance juniors. I know you're thoughts that most of these kids should stay another year, but if they've already made the decision, why not invite them. Might be a nice niche market that could maybe some day push the NFLPA bowl past the Senior bowl.

There are several.

1. NFLPA Bowl and Senior Bowl have both their game and practices on TV. Shrine does not.

2. NFLPA Bowl and Senior Bowl are very well organized and have the better logistics over the Shrine. Shrine has practice at one nice field and the other at a very wet and sloppy field. It is hard to get to both practices.

3. Of all the all-star games NFL teams tell me the NFLPA Bowl is the only one that constantly sends out roster updates to teams. They love that.

4. I know the NFLPA Bowl has both practices at the stadium where the game is played and they are the only one who does that as well as feed the scouts in between. Scouts love that they can come to the morning practice, stick around and eat for free, and then just walk back up to their seats around the stadium or through the tunnel to the field.

5. Senior Bowl is coached by NFL teams. NFLPA is coached by former NFL players (many HOFers), and pro coaches. Shrine is coached by former pro coaches and players.

6. Obviously with the location like you said the NFLPA has the best weather. Mobile, Alabama gets cold and rainy during that time of year for at least a few days. It's never 70 and sunny in Mobile.

7. You don't really see the facilities where players stay on TV but the NFLPA puts the players in a Hyatt that is right near the water and is a 5-star hotel. Their facilities blow away the Shrine and are right on par with the Senior Bowl. This year I thought between facilities and how the games were ran that the Senior Bowl and NFLPA Bowl were pretty much perfect.

8. I don't think any game actually makes money so that is why you see so many come and go. The Senior Bowl and NFLPA have plenty of money and the Shrine usually makes just enough to keep having it but they don't give nearly the gear and provide as good of good and perks as the other two do. I know players rave about the food at both the Senior Bowl and NFLPA Bowl.

On your question about juniors, games can't invite juniors unless they are a 4th year junior who has their degree. The NFLPA had juniors who did not have their degree one year and the NFL told teams not to attend the game.