PDA

View Full Version : Samford QB's Dad Is New NFL Head Coach

SU DOG
January 15th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Doug Pederson, OC for the KC Chiefs, is reportedly the new HC of the Philadelphia Eagles. His son Drew is a backup QB at Samford. Not earthshaking news I know, but certainly an unusual first for Samford.

superman7515
January 15th, 2016, 09:47 AM
As a Redskins fan, I couldn't be happier. His dad was a terrible quarterback, is a terrible offensive coordinator (#25 ranked offense of 32 in 2014, #27 of 32 in 2015), and I can't wait to see the continued mediocrity he brings to Philadelphia. Long live Howie Roseman!

FormerPokeCenter
January 15th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Pederson's a good guy.....He was a Division I-AA QB at Northeast Louisiana...was Farve's backup at Green Bay...

It's been less than 5 years, I think, since he was the head coach at Calvary Baptist High School, here in Shreveport...

I'm not offering any commentary on his OC skills, because I haven't paid any attention...I'm just offering the commentary that he's a good fella.

JSUSoutherner
January 15th, 2016, 10:06 AM
As a Redskins fan, I couldn't be happier. His dad was a terrible quarterback, is a terrible offensive coordinator (#25 ranked offense of 32 in 2014, #27 of 32 in 2015), and I can't wait to see the continued mediocrity he brings to Philadelphia. Long live Howie Roseman!
Haven't the Chiefs won their last 11 games? Where is the mediocrity coming from?

I haven't watched the Chiefs but I know they are winning so they must be doing something right, right?

superman7515
January 15th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Haven't the Chiefs won their last 11 games? Where is the mediocrity coming from?

I haven't watched the Chiefs but I know they are winning so they must be doing something right, right?

#7 ranked defense both years. Not quite 2002 Tampa Bay disparity, but they are faaar from balanced.

JSUSoutherner
January 15th, 2016, 10:33 AM
#7 ranked defense both years. Not quite 2002 Tampa Bay disparity, but they are faaar from balanced.
I see. It will be interesting to see how they handle the Patriots this weekend considering all the unknowns on the Pat's offense. Looking back through their schedule it doesn't look like they have had very many big games sinces they beat the Steelers.

MR. CHICKEN
January 15th, 2016, 10:40 AM
.....UH PLAYERS COACH......MEANS....HE'LL TAKE ALL BLAME....AS BIRDS......CONTINYAH......TA FLOUNDER..........EXTEND BROCK...WE GOT X-FERS.....AWQ!

Model Citizen
January 15th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Haven't the Chiefs won their last 11 games?

Without Jamaal Charles. Also without a QB who can throw a deep route.

KPSUL
January 15th, 2016, 11:21 AM

Wow! Being a Delaware fan this past 5 year hasn't been enough punishment? You had to be a Skins fan also?

tomq04
January 15th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Wow! Being a Delaware fan this past 5 year hasn't been enough punishment? You had to be a Skins fan also?

Well this fella beat me to that punch.

superman7515
January 15th, 2016, 12:33 PM

Well this fella beat me to that punch.

How do you think I make it through the Blue Hens' seasons? After the last 20 years in Washington, you just kinda become numb.