PDA

View Full Version : Carson Wentz 2016 NFL Draft Chatter

Pages : 1 [2]

Professor Chaos
March 11th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Looks like Colin Kaepernick is willing to jump on the grenade that is Cleveland and save Wentz or Goff.... what a guy!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14949568/san-francisco-49ers-colin-kaepernick-wants-play-new-cleveland-browns-coach-hue-jackson

Of course this begs the question "How bad is it in San Francisco that a player would want to go to Cleveland instead?"

BisonFan02
March 11th, 2016, 12:28 PM
It's not where they WILL be drafted. It is where they SHOULD be drafted. Remember Emory the Czar, CEO, Founder is smarter than all the NFL execs and scouts. When they aren't successful quarterbacks in 4 years it's because they weren't allowed the opportunity that the Johnny Nabisco's got. Building a NFL team and playing quarterback are easy at least for Mr. Hunt. Why doesn't some team pay this man?xdontknowx

It's actually Tommy "Cracker" Nabisco..... xlolx You just fell down in my power ranking of message board rubes and Youtube Czars. :D

clenz
March 11th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Looks like Colin Kaepernick is willing to jump on the grenade that is Cleveland and save Wentz or Goff.... what a guy!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14949568/san-francisco-49ers-colin-kaepernick-wants-play-new-cleveland-browns-coach-hue-jackson

Of course this begs the question "How bad is it in San Francisco that a player would want to go to Cleveland instead?"
Minnesota's new LG, Alex Boone, has subtitly hinted at Kaep being quite the primadona during his first interviews in Minnesota

ursus arctos horribilis
March 11th, 2016, 12:35 PM
subtly

BisonFan02
March 11th, 2016, 12:39 PM
subtly

I'll take Le tits now! for 500 Alex :D

Professor Chaos
March 11th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Minnesota's new LG, Alex Boone, has subtitly hinted at Kaep being quite the primadona during his first interviews in Minnesota
He's just upset because Kaepernick wouldn't help him burn that old man.... https://youtu.be/Zce-QT7MGSE?t=15s

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 11th, 2016, 03:32 PM
It's not where they WILL be drafted. It is where they SHOULD be drafted. Remember Emory the Czar, CEO, Founder is smarter than all the NFL execs and scouts. When they aren't successful quarterbacks in 4 years it's because they weren't allowed the opportunity that the Johnny Nabisco's got. Building a NFL team and playing quarterback are easy at least for Mr. Hunt. Why doesn't some team pay this man?xdontknowx

Eloquently put.....I'd be a little more "rough" saying the same thing.....xthumbsupx:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 11th, 2016, 03:35 PM

Great. At first I thought Cleveland would be a good fit, maybe it would be, but I'm starting to change my tune now.

BisonFan02
March 11th, 2016, 10:17 PM
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2016/03/11/0ap3000000643831.jpg

Ranking the best available QBs

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-agency-trade (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000643759/article/ranking-top-available-quarterbacks-via-draft-free-agency-trade)

From Gil Brandt:

1) Carson Wentz
1a) Jared Goff
3) Ryan Fitzpatrick
4) RGIII
5) Colin Kaepernick

#WheresDalyn?

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 13th, 2016, 09:36 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And Cardale? I thought EM said he was the best QB in this year's draft....xhypedx

BisonBacker
March 13th, 2016, 09:54 AM
After having looked at many of the message boards of teams who may be destinations for Wentz I've come to this conclusion. This "Emdiggy' character suffers from the worst case of message board diarrhea i've ever seen. He posts more crap including the barrage of diarrhea videos he calls "expert" analysis which has proven laughable. But my god the troll must live on the internet. He's on every message board posting his drivel hoping people will comment on it. He's a tool like no other I've ever seen.

BisonBacker
March 14th, 2016, 03:23 PM
What the hell does Gruden know
“I think he’s the most NFL ready QB we’ve had in the past couple of years.”. Emdiggy doesn't agree so obviously this Gruden guy is a dweeb
https://vine.co/u/1120363950442217472

smallcollegefbfan
March 15th, 2016, 08:18 AM
UNI had David Johnson and Xavier Williams drafted last year. OL Jack Rummels bounced around camps and practice squads this year. Will have Deiondre Hall drafted this year with Makinton Dorleant an far outside shot at late round but certainly a PFA. Another big year from Tyvis Smith and he likely gets a late draft grade after this year. Brett McMakin and Tim Kilfoy will get looks for sure, don't know if they'll stick anywhere though. Farley the younger has a shot.

That's 8 from UNI's side alone in that game, plus UNI tends to have one or two OL a year that made NFL camps/practice squads. If I had to guess Robert Rathje, who is a senior this coming year, gets a shot, he was a sophomore in that game. So, 9 likely NFL roster guys from UNI on that game. NDSU probably had 9 or 10 on the field that day as well.

Not too many FCS games will put that kind of talent on the field.

Johnson went in the top 100 but Xavier did not get drafted. He was a PFA who did stick around. Hall is definitely getting drafted, most likely in the 4th-6th round. I think Dorleant has a shot with a good pro day.

The rest I would say is spot on with the seniors this year.

I don't think Tyvis is a draftable player right now but he has potential to be with a big year. It is hard to find guys who can run with that body type.

clenz
March 15th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Johnson went in the top 100 but Xavier did not get drafted. He was a PFA who did stick around. Hall is definitely getting drafted, most likely in the 4th-6th round. I think Dorleant has a shot with a good pro day.

The rest I would say is spot on with the seniors this year.

I don't think Tyvis is a draftable player right now but he has potential to be with a big year. It is hard to find guys who can run with that body type.
I don't why I typed Xavier got drafted, I knew he didn't. He was seeing solid PT at the end of last year though .

I wouldn't draft Smith right now either. It's only 1 year but it was a good year. He has a solid chance at a 1,500 yard season this year if he stays healthy though. He's built like David Johnson, so I'd think with DJ's success he'd get a look as well with another big year

smallcollegefbfan
March 15th, 2016, 09:08 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And Cardale? I thought EM said he was the best QB in this year's draft....xhypedx

I assume Emdoggy is Emory Hunt. I'm sorry but NFL teams will never take someone seriously like that. I have never heard his name come up in NFL talks or talked to anyone who knows who he is but if I do I'll certainly show them his videos and message board stuff and see what they think. I don't want to bash anyone but NFL scouts wouldn't take that stuff seriously.

smallcollegefbfan
March 15th, 2016, 09:16 AM
I don't why I typed Xavier got drafted, I knew he didn't. He was seeing solid PT at the end of last year though .

I wouldn't draft Smith right now either. It's only 1 year but it was a good year. He has a solid chance at a 1,500 yard season this year if he stays healthy though. He's built like David Johnson, so I'd think with DJ's success he'd get a look as well with another big year

Williams should have been drafted. I had a 6th-7th round grade on him. He can ball out.

UNI always does a good job with RBs so I'm with you that he could be one to get strong looks.

clenz
March 15th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Williams should have been drafted. I had a 6th-7th round grade on him. He can ball out.

UNI always does a good job with RBs so I'm with you that he could be one to get strong looks.
Arizona really seems to like him. I hope he gets more PT this year.

I was really hoping Minnesota would have grabbed him late last year. I remember having a discussion on here with people on how they didn't need a DT because of what they had on their roster, but he'd have made plays last year when Sharrif was out. They have a lot of DTs but only 3...maybe 3.5...are better than Xavier - Linval, Sharrif, and Tom Johnson. Xavier is even/or better than Shamar Stephen, plus Tom Johnson is 31. Both Linval and Sharrif missed a couple games last year. X would have made plays.

UNI does well with OL, DL, RB and LB. Especially strong with DB the last few years with Hall, Kilfoy and Dorleant all at once. Usually have good players back there but not a ton of NFL guys. Quinton Scott stuck for a few years around 08-12 but I can't think of too many other NFL DBs out of UNI. Good All Conference guys though

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Both Kiper and McShay have Carson going to Cleveland at #2.

Hey Em, I thought he was only #12 on your QB rankings....xeyebrowx

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 11:18 AM

Cris Collinsworth has him going #1 to the LA Rams. :D

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/03/15/draft-wentz-goff-go-1-2-in-cris-collinsworths-first-2016-nfl-mock-draft/

smallcollegefbfan
March 15th, 2016, 12:46 PM

Guys, I assume we are all adults here. While I agree that Emory's rankings are not very good and yes he does come off as thinking he knows more than the NFL but I think we can lay off him. The facts are he has never been nor will he likely ever be employed by a NFL team and he is a fan who is just pushing what he thinks.

The more you guys click on his links and keep his name relevant the better for him. Just leave him alone and don't post his videos or talk about him and he will go away. I had a problem with a scam artist who runs a draft website and I completely blocked him and stopped responding to him and he eventually went away. Emory only continues to post and offer his information because you guys seem hungry for it, regardless of your reason. I say just forget it and he will either move on or stop doing his work. Message boards are keeping him alive and the best way to get rid of the information you all think is bad is to just ignore it and not ask him questions or converse with him at all. I have nothing against Emory but I'm not going to add fuel to the fire and have him try to argue with me constantly. That's the best thing for you guys to do as well! Trust me!

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Guys, I assume we are all adults here. While I agree that Emory's rankings are not very good and yes he does come off as thinking he knows more than the NFL but I think we can lay off him. The facts are he has never been nor will he likely ever be employed by a NFL team and he is a fan who is just pushing what he thinks.

The more you guys click on his links and keep his name relevant the better for him. Just leave him alone and don't post his videos or talk about him and he will go away. I had a problem with a scam artist who runs a draft website and I completely blocked him and stopped responding to him and he eventually went away. Emory only continues to post and offer his information because you guys seem hungry for it, regardless of your reason. I say just forget it and he will either move on or stop doing his work. Message boards are keeping him alive and the best way to get rid of the information you all think is bad is to just ignore it and not ask him questions or converse with him at all. I have nothing against Emory but I'm not going to add fuel to the fire and have him try to argue with me constantly. That's the best thing for you guys to do as well! Trust me!

Bull++it!!

He puts out a ton of crap and posts his "stuff" just about everywhere. If he cannot take a little "heat" from a few guys on AGS then whatever.

If I want to poke at him, I will.

344Johnson
March 15th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Bull++it!!

He puts out a ton of crap and posts his "stuff" just about everywhere. If he cannot take a little "heat" from a few guys on AGS then whatever.

Then you are keeping him relevant.

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 03:07 PM

Yeah...this. Its time to move on....its not relevant.

clenz
March 15th, 2016, 03:15 PM

Yeah...this. Its time to move on....its not relevant.
These are all accurate.

Though, I can still see the issue with him being "the voice" and "face" of AGS if this is how it's going to continue to play out. Remember SCFBF, Emory is a co-host of the FCS Wedge. It is kind of "unique" to see a guy with that kind of "name" in the AGS/FCS world throwing out what we does at times, or allowing himself to stoop to Johnny Cracker Nabisco levels.

IDGAF with how he rates players, it's what he represents in terms of AGS with those comments (along with other things that BF02 has talked about before) that I struggle to be okay with....especially as someone who is also involved in the Wedge and is on it weekly.

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 03:18 PM
These are all accurate.

Though, I can still see the issue with him being "the voice" and "face" of AGS if this is how it's going to continue to play out. Remember SCFBF, Emory is a co-host of the FCS Wedge. It is kind of "unique" to see a guy with that kind of "name" in the AGS/FCS world throwing out what we does at times, or allowing himself to stoop to Johnny Cracker Nabisco levels.

IDGAF with how he rates players, it's what he represents in terms of AGS with those comments (along with other things that BF02 has talked about before) that I struggle to be okay with....especially as someone who is also involved in the Wedge and is on it weekly.

I'm with ya there...but I'm just leaving it out of the Wentz draft chatter. I'll cross that bridge regading the Wedge when the time comes...if anything.

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 15th, 2016, 03:59 PM

Me giving him a little heat on here is not keeping him relevant.

BisonBacker
March 15th, 2016, 04:51 PM
These are all accurate.

May I suggest if you want listeners to the Wedge you put on credible hosts/guests. If you put that clown on I won't waste my time. This has nothing to do with Wentz as much as it does with having gone back and looked at some of his postings/predictions ect. I'm not saying we need a cheerleader for FCS if a FCS guy is being projected at a certain level in the draft but when his comments are clearly so out of the mainstream with people who get paid to do it for a living it begs the question why would I want to listen to him?

clenz
March 15th, 2016, 05:07 PM
May I suggest if you want listeners to the Wedge you put on credible hosts/guests. If you put that clown on I won't waste my time. This has nothing to do with Wentz as much as it does with having gone back and looked at some of his postings/predictions ect. I'm not saying we need a cheerleader for FCS if a FCS guy is being projected at a certain level in the draft but when his comments are clearly so out of the mainstream with people who get paid to do it for a living it begs the question why would I want to listen to him?
This post tells me you haven't been listening the last 4 years in a couple ways.

1. You've apparently had no issue with him on it until just now
2. You want to talk about credible hosts/guests? For people on the show every week it's myself, citdog, kalm, MTfan4Life and an alternate between IBY and a sports blogger from the state of Iowa. Feel free to question my credibility. I'm all for it. I'm just some loud mouth schmuck recording the show from his garage. The others? I wouldn't question the credibility of any of them for a second.For guests? What counts as credible? The names we've had on the show include:
JSU Coach Grass
NDSU HC Klieman
Maine HC Joe Harasymiak
SIU HC Nick Hill
MSU HC Jeff Choate
PSU HC Bruce Barnus
JSU PBP Mike Parris
SHSU PBP Kooter Roberson
SHSU KC Keeler
UNI HC Mark Farley
TTU AD/Chairman of the selection committee Mark Wilson
Colgate HC Dan Hunt

I can keep going, but that was just December/Jan this past season. That type of guest(s) happen each and every week of the season from August through January.

3. He isn't part of the wedge to be on the show as a scout. So whether his comments compared to the mainstream scouts are inline or not doesn't really matter.

There are reasons to dislike Emory, myself, JT, IBY, kalm, whomever on the show for whatever reason but his comments being lock in step with the mainstream isn't the best grenade to throw. Emory does bring a depth of knowledge about teams that most of us can't simply because he does watch significantly more film nationwide than we do. I don't have the time to deep dive the Colgate/Lehigh game like he does. That is a nice aspect he does bring to the show. The only person you can't complain about being on the show is citdog. The work he and Troy put in is just unbelievable.

Yes, I am playing both sides of this discussion. I'm allowed to do that.

BisonBacker
March 15th, 2016, 07:59 PM
This post tells me you haven't been listening the last 4 years in a couple ways.

2. You want to talk about credible hosts/guests? For people on the show every week it's myself, citdog, kalm, MTfan4Life and an alternate between IBY and a sports blogger from the state of Iowa. Feel free to question my credibility. I'm all for it. I'm just some loud mouth schmuck recording the show from his garage. The others? I wouldn't question the credibility of any of them for a second.For guests? What counts as credible? The names we've had on the show include:
JSU Coach Grass
NDSU HC Klieman
Maine HC Joe Harasymiak
SIU HC Nick Hill
MSU HC Jeff Choate
PSU HC Bruce Barnus
JSU PBP Mike Parris
SHSU PBP Kooter Roberson
SHSU KC Keeler
UNI HC Mark Farley
Colgate HC Dan Hunt

I can keep going, but that was just December/Jan this past season. That type of guest(s) happen each and every week of the season from August through January.

3. He isn't part of the wedge to be on the show as a scout. So whether his comments compared to the mainstream scouts are inline or not doesn't really matter.

There are reasons to dislike Emory, myself, JT, IBY, kalm, whomever on the show for whatever reason but his comments being lock in step with the mainstream isn't the best grenade to throw. Emory does bring a depth of knowledge about teams that most of us can't simply because he does watch significantly more film nationwide than we do. I don't have the time to deep dive the Colgate/Lehigh game like he does. That is a nice aspect he does bring to the show. The only person you can't complain about being on the show is citdog. The work he and Troy put in is just unbelievable.

You took my post completely out of context. My comments were directed at EmDiggy or the football Czar. I never said he was on the Wedge to be a scout however if you are going to look at anyone and expect credibility his comments in the last month or so show's he lacks good judgement according to the experts who do this professionally. That and his association with a more than questionable twitter account along with some of his replies lacks professionalism. It's my opinion and I'm allowed to have that.xthumbsupx

smallcollegefbfan
March 15th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Bull++it!!

I know he kind of asks for it. I'm just saying people who aren't paid professionals in the business are hoping to get clicks so you will click on ads and people will pay for ads because of traffic. If you enjoy poking at him then go ahead but I'm saying your clicks on his videos are helping him make money. Do you really want to help someone who you think does an awful job make money? Once I realized that's how these type websites stay afloat I decided a long time ago just to ignore and not give them the clicks.

He nor anyone on that site is more qualified to analyze stuff than anyone on AGS. Trust me. I have met many of the draftniks and I would seriously put more stock into most of you NDSU fans on here about your players than I would some of these sites. I like Emory personally and won't attack him or his site specifically but he just puts out crazy stuff and depends on that to get clicks because he doesn't bring any true substance.

Look at it this way, would you all look at his stuff if he ranked Wentz in the top 3? Probably not because it is the norm. If he ranks him #12 then he gets all of your feathers in a bunch. He brings no real evaluation that can persuade or make you see why he has him lower.

When I say a player is not as good as most think I give specifics as to why. Emory is not doing that. He is blaming it on the "white QB syndrome" he believes takes place. My guess is he was a QB that did not get the looks he thought of so he is pushing this theory just to get clicks. If he knew what he was looking at OR if he was serious about this stuff then he would bring real detail as to why he was way off. He is either doing this all as a joke or scam to get clicks or he has no clue what he is looking at. Either way, I'm not giving a website like that the clicks. I'll stick to CBS Sports, Draft Countdown, Mayock, Jeremiah, and ESPN if I'm going to read a draft website.

smallcollegefbfan
March 15th, 2016, 08:08 PM
These are all accurate.

I was once asked to be a quest on it but declined because I didn't have enough time. It also seemed there would be many guests like Emory on it. Are draftniks like that the norm this time of year or just a once a year type thing?

The people who created the Wedge keep crazy theories like that relevant. I will not do that because I'm very busy with my job and I come to AGS to read news, find out good insight from heavy donors, and occasionally talk NFL Draft prospects because I have been on the board for so long and I do know a few people here. AGS is a great place but the quality is only lessened when you feature a product that has people talking crazy and not backing it up with substance.

smallcollegefbfan
March 15th, 2016, 08:11 PM

See cheerleaders for FCS bring no real information. For example he and many others probably have 60-80 FCS players with a draftable grade and that is just not possible. No more than 20-22 will get drafted and you may only see around 15-17 drafted. Why do fans want to listen to someone who projects everyone to get drafted when we all know that is not the case? I want to hear someone talk about those who can and probably will and try to project the real numbers.

I believe there are 252 draft picks this year and I'm sorry but when I see 500-600 players projected to get drafted I can't read that. I mean no matter how many times I try I can't fit 500-600 players into 252-255 picks, unless I had the wrong math class?

It's sad when many fans just want to hear what sounds good and makes you feel good rather than the truth. That's why I read very few websites because most just hype players instead of bringing true analysis and insight.

smallcollegefbfan
March 15th, 2016, 08:16 PM

JSU Coach Grass
NDSU HC Klieman
Maine HC Joe Harasymiak
SIU HC Nick Hill
MSU HC Jeff Choate
PSU HC Bruce Barnus
JSU PBP Mike Parris
SHSU PBP Kooter Roberson
SHSU KC Keeler
UNI HC Mark Farley
Colgate HC Dan Hunt

For the record, I have never listened to the show because I would randomly see a couple guests who I did not want to listen to. I will also state that for example, I don't even listen to the Movethesticks podcast or Kiper or the others because I simply don't listen to podcasts for the most part. You could have the top 10 draft picks and 10 NFL GMs on it and I would only read articles that highlight and take the 20-60 second or so sound bites about certain issues. I have just never been one to listen to many podcasts.

I declined the show way back because it seemed more like something for fans and had some people on it I didn't think would really want me putting truthful information out there. I obviously come to AGS and have no beef with you or the main hosts you mentioned. I will say that I would not put these draftniks on my show if I were you unless it is someone who gets paid to do this and has a good record. That way you bring credible insight and not just a FCS cheerleader.

I appreciate what those of you who host AGS and promote the general FCS brand because I believe it is needed. I just don't want to hear about how 20 rejects who won't even get a contract are sleepers who could be studs in the NFL because these people got them to do an interview and they try to interview every single player. lol

clenz
March 15th, 2016, 08:41 PM
When I say a player is not as good as most think I give specifics as to why. Emory is not doing that. He is blaming it on the "white QB syndrome" he believes takes place. My guess is he was a QB that did not get the looks he thought of so he is pushing this theory just to get clicks.
He was a FB for the Rajun Cajuns

clenz
March 15th, 2016, 08:55 PM
I was once asked to be a quest on it but declined because I didn't have enough time. It also seemed there would be many guests like Emory on it. Are draftniks like that the norm this time of year or just a once a year type thing?

The people who created the Wedge keep crazy theories like that relevant. I will not do that because I'm very busy with my job and I come to AGS to read news, find out good insight from heavy donors, and occasionally talk NFL Draft prospects because I have been on the board for so long and I do know a few people here. AGS is a great place but the quality is only lessened when you feature a product that has people talking crazy and not backing it up with substance.
The show is, honestly, looking for anyone respected in the FCS community. Coaches, ADs, PxP guys, journalists, etc... have all been guests. It's generally kept to 1, maybe 2, per show. It's more during the playoffs because their aren't as many games for guys like myself, kalm, MTfan4Life, etc... to cover so there's more open time.

You would be a great guest. I know what you are saying about the vibe of it, but the production that ursus and citdog really put into it is crazy and it really is a great product. I understand what you're saying, but I listed the guests we had in December. That's about what the guest list looks like every single month. It's not a "fan" thing, though it is used to promote the FCS. It truly is a break down of games across the country, discussion on conference standings, etc... The show has nothing to do with the site discussions at all.

This is a script from the final week of the regular season
First Segment 10 mins
:30 Kevin Welcomes Emory and the listeners.
3:30 AGS Top 25
6:00 Reviews
Jacksonville State 56 Southeast Missouri State28
NDSU 27 Youngstown 24
SDSU 30 USD 23
William and Mary 31 Towson 17
Villanova 21 Richmond 20
Portland State 24 Southern Utah 23
Chattanooga 31 The Citadel 23
Montana 57 Eastern Washington 16
Central Arkansas 34 Nicholls State 31
Colgate 49 Lehigh 42

Second Segment 7 mins
Interview with Kroy Bierman of the Atlanta Falcons about his memories of the Brawl of the Wild and what this game means in the State of Montana and the FCS. Or Andy Talley from Villanova to talk about the resurgent Wildcats and his Be the Match bone marrow deal.

Third Segment 15 mins
Conference Segment - specific to the radio affiliate it's going to - Big Sky and MVFC specific segments are recorded and inserted here

Fourth Segment 8 mins
Playoff Segment. Who is already in and who should be when Saturday is over. Chad, Lance, Kris, JT, Brandon and I will lay this down.

Fifth Segment 7:50
Picks
Portland State @ Eastern Washington
Southern Utah @ Northern Arizona
Villanova @ James Madison
Maine @ New Hampshire
William and Mary @ Richmond
Southern Illinois @ Northern Iowa
Sam Houston State @ Central Arkansas
McNeese @ Lamar
Bucknell @ Colgate
Montana @ Montana State

A segment early in the season with you would be superb to put in there. Get an idea of who to watch, what to look for, break down the AGS All American team and who you think was snubbed, etc...

I know where you're getting your vibe from, and I understand it. It's not quite that though. I'm not saying you need to listen to it. You've got your own life. It's all about promoting the FCS.

Emory is, essentially, the color analyst for Kevin. Kevin gives the need to know about each game and then Emory adds a couple interesting things to watch in his eyes. He actually does a better job on the Wedge than any of his videos, but that bar is - admittedly - low

smallcollegefbfan
March 15th, 2016, 09:40 PM
He was a FB for the Rajun Cajuns

Ah okay. I don't remember seeing him play so I would not have been able to guess.

smallcollegefbfan
March 15th, 2016, 09:44 PM
The show is, honestly, looking for anyone respected in the FCS community. Coaches, ADs, PxP guys, journalists, etc... have all been guests. It's generally kept to 1, maybe 2, per show. It's more during the playoffs because their aren't as many games for guys like myself, kalm, MTfan4Life, etc... to cover so there's more open time.

You would be a great guest. I know what you are saying about the vibe of it, but the production that ursus and citdog really put into it is crazy and it really is a great product. I understand what you're saying, but I listed the guests we had in December. That's about what the guest list looks like every single month. It's not a "fan" thing, though it is used to promote the FCS. It truly is a break down of games across the country, discussion on conference standings, etc... The show has nothing to do with the site discussions at all.

This is a script from the final week of the regular season
First Segment 10 mins
:30 Kevin Welcomes Emory and the listeners.
3:30 AGS Top 25
6:00 Reviews
Jacksonville State 56 Southeast Missouri State28
NDSU 27 Youngstown 24
SDSU 30 USD 23
William and Mary 31 Towson 17
Villanova 21 Richmond 20
Portland State 24 Southern Utah 23
Chattanooga 31 The Citadel 23
Montana 57 Eastern Washington 16
Central Arkansas 34 Nicholls State 31
Colgate 49 Lehigh 42

Second Segment 7 mins
Interview with Kroy Bierman of the Atlanta Falcons about his memories of the Brawl of the Wild and what this game means in the State of Montana and the FCS. Or Andy Talley from Villanova to talk about the resurgent Wildcats and his Be the Match bone marrow deal.

Third Segment 15 mins
Conference Segment - specific to the radio affiliate it's going to - Big Sky and MVFC specific segments are recorded and inserted here

Fourth Segment 8 mins
Playoff Segment. Who is already in and who should be when Saturday is over. Chad, Lance, Kris, JT, Brandon and I will lay this down.

Fifth Segment 7:50
Picks
Portland State @ Eastern Washington
Southern Utah @ Northern Arizona
Villanova @ James Madison
Maine @ New Hampshire
William and Mary @ Richmond
Southern Illinois @ Northern Iowa
Sam Houston State @ Central Arkansas
McNeese @ Lamar
Bucknell @ Colgate
Montana @ Montana State

A segment early in the season with you would be superb to put in there. Get an idea of who to watch, what to look for, break down the AGS All American team and who you think was snubbed, etc...

I know where you're getting your vibe from, and I understand it. It's not quite that though. I'm not saying you need to listen to it. You've got your own life. It's all about promoting the FCS.

Emory is, essentially, the color analyst for Kevin. Kevin gives the need to know about each game and then Emory adds a couple interesting things to watch in his eyes. He actually does a better job on the Wedge than any of his videos, but that bar is - admittedly - low

I'm glad you have the show. It's good for the folks on the board here. I saw two videos and I just can't listen to stuff like Emory puts out. There is zero substance and I know I'm not an average fan who just wants to hear positive stuff or a couple of general things. I'm one of those who is impressed with there is real in-depth stuff being said on a show. Shows like the Wedge are not for professionals but if you ever want it to be then you need people who get paid and not fans who wish they were and pretend they do. lol

clenz
March 15th, 2016, 09:53 PM
I'm glad you have the show. It's good for the folks on the board here. I saw two videos and I just can't listen to stuff like Emory puts out. There is zero substance and I know I'm not an average fan who just wants to hear positive stuff or a couple of general things. I'm one of those who is impressed with there is real in-depth stuff being said on a show. Shows like the Wedge are not for professionals but if you ever want it to be then you need people who get paid and not fans who wish they were and pretend they do. lol
Define professional?

Is it ever going to be syndicated year round or used by major outlets? No.
Is it on multiple ESPN stations every week between August and January every year? Yes.
Is it recorded in studio, minus the call in portions? Yes.
We aren't trying to compete with Mike and Mike, Mel Kiper, or anyone else for listens. It's a show that focuses on the key match ups each week in the FCS.

Since you aren't willing to actually listen to it I'm not sure how you can judge it

Bisonator
March 15th, 2016, 10:40 PM
I like the Wedge. IMO Em doesn't really add much to it and after the last few months he's left a bad impression that I wouldn't want associated with the show. I'll still be listening, like the interviews of coaches, players, etc.

clenz
March 15th, 2016, 10:55 PM
I like the Wedge. IMO Em doesn't really add much to it and after the last few months he's left a bad impression that I wouldn't want associated with the show. I'll still be listening, like the interviews of coaches, players, etc.
I would agree with this.

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 11:03 PM

I'll listen to the MVFC segment (maybe a few other conferences as well) via podcast, but I'm done with the main show as is.

BisonFan02
March 15th, 2016, 11:43 PM
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt (https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt) 7h7 hours ago (https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/709863481067982849)
Spoke to @jawsespn (https://twitter.com/jawsespn) at Joe Browne's party. Talked about Carson Wentz. He thinks Wentz is going to be something special in NFL.

Jaws approved.

smallcollegefbfan
March 16th, 2016, 12:17 AM
Define professional?

Is it ever going to be syndicated year round or used by major outlets? No.
Is it on multiple ESPN stations every week between August and January every year? Yes.
Is it recorded in studio, minus the call in portions? Yes.
We aren't trying to compete with Mike and Mike, Mel Kiper, or anyone else for listens. It's a show that focuses on the key match ups each week in the FCS.

Since you aren't willing to actually listen to it I'm not sure how you can judge it

Professional as in someone like the coaches you have had. Someone who is paid by a school, major media outlet, all-star game, etc who can come give insight. There are people out there who will. You don't have to settle for draftniks. There are some really good people out there who will, especially for a good cause like FCS.

Have you asked Dave Coulson to come on? He has been around FCS as long as most of us. I'm sure he would do it. Have you asked Craig Haley? He works for STATS and is a very nice guy. I imagine he would do it. How many beat writers have you had as well? There are several who would come on.

I'm willing to listen to podcasts. Sadly I'm drowning in tape and trying to keep up on names during the fall that from August through January I don't listen to any but outside of that I can and will as long as someone sends me a link or lets me know when a podcast is being played.

Emory's approach on here has turned off a lot of folks and if he is on I'm sure Bisonator isn't the only one who will not listen to it.

Just remember when it comes to asking people that the answer is always no when you never ask! :)

smallcollegefbfan
March 16th, 2016, 12:19 AM

I think a good feature right now would be to have FCS draft prospects that might get drafted or be good free agents and ask them about training, pro days, team interest, etc. Don't do a whole promo on the player but get the player to give out good news info that would be of interest. Maybe you can break news on a team visit or private workout on the show!

clenz
March 16th, 2016, 07:43 AM
Professional as in someone like the coaches you have had. Someone who is paid by a school, major media outlet, all-star game, etc who can come give insight. There are people out there who will. You don't have to settle for draftniks. There are some really good people out there who will, especially for a good cause like FCS.

Have you asked Dave Coulson to come on? He has been around FCS as long as most of us. I'm sure he would do it. Have you asked Craig Haley? He works for STATS and is a very nice guy. I imagine he would do it. How many beat writers have you had as well? There are several who would come on.

I'm willing to listen to podcasts. Sadly I'm drowning in tape and trying to keep up on names during the fall that from August through January I don't listen to any but outside of that I can and will as long as someone sends me a link or lets me know when a podcast is being played.

Emory's approach on here has turned off a lot of folks and if he is on I'm sure Bisonator isn't the only one who will not listen to it.

Just remember when it comes to asking people that the answer is always no when you never ask! :)
I'd have to go through the list over the last 4 years but multiple beat writers/journalists have been on - and I believe that includes Coulson and Haley.

When it comes to guests it's not Tom, Dick and Harry off the street giving hot AGS takes....except when I'm on as a MVFC contributor:D...

smallcollegefbfan
March 16th, 2016, 08:14 AM
I'd have to go through the list over the last 4 years but multiple beat writers/journalists have been on - and I believe that includes Coulson and Haley.

When it comes to guests it's not Tom, Dick and Harry off the street giving hot AGS takes....except when I'm on as a MVFC contributor:D...

Might help keep from the threads of people jumping on Emory and let him disappear by having a different beat writer every week.

Don't put yourself down. I believe the rest of AGS puts more stock in you than Emory.

BisonFan02
March 16th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Might help keep from the threads of people jumping on Emory and let him disappear by having a different beat writer every week.

Don't put yourself down. I believe the rest of AGS puts more stock in you than Emory.

That is a very low bar... :D

BisonBacker
March 16th, 2016, 09:57 AM

Thank you. This nails what I tried poorly to say. I will also say this. Thank you Clenz and the rest of the AGS staff that put the wedge together for the work you do. Regardless of whether I like the guest or co host I know you work at it and do what you believe is your best. I'm just not a fan of Emory and lets leave it at that.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 16th, 2016, 11:41 AM

Look, you know very little about what goes on with the show cuz Coulson has been on several times and was a contributor when we started. We have also had Brandon Lawrence a whole lot in place of Haley from TSN and he also wrote an article for The FCS Wedge website all last year.

We've had everything you have to suggest and more. The show has very little, almost nothing to do with any draft stuff. It is not the focus in any way of the show. Emory may like to do that on his own but we very rarely ever touch on that with the show.

I agree with you though, the ridiculous over reactions on here about Carson's draft placing isn't even comical anymore. I don't understand how grown men can be so sensitive over some of this ****.

BisonBacker
March 16th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Look, you know very little about what goes on with the show cuz Coulson has been on several times and was a contributor when we started. We have also had Brandon Lawrence a whole lot in place of Haley from TSN and he also wrote an article for The FCS Wedge website all last year.

We've had everything you have to suggest and more. The show has very little, almost nothing to do with any draft stuff. It is not the focus in any way of the show. Emory may like to do that on his own but we very rarely ever touch on that with the show.

I agree with you though, the ridiculous over reactions on here about Carson's draft placing isn't even comical anymore. I don't understand how grown men can be so sensitive over some of this ****.

My comments were about his analysis as a self professed "CZAR'. I could care less what he thinks but when he's on every god damned pro, college fan board expousing that **** it gets old. It's one thing to have an opinion here or on another site we all do. But spewing garbage as far as the eye can see when it's clearly not even remotely close to what actual professionals are seeing makes one question how wise it is to have someone using your hard work putting the wedge together another platform to be heard. If you are ok with that fine. Just don't get your undies in a bunch when folks question that decision.

344Johnson
March 16th, 2016, 01:28 PM
My comments were about his analysis as a self professed "CZAR'. I could care less what he thinks but when he's on every god damned pro, college fan board expousing that **** it gets old. It's one thing to have an opinion here or on another site we all do. But spewing garbage as far as the eye can see when it's clearly not even remotely close to what actual professionals are seeing makes one question how wise it is to have someone using your hard work putting the wedge together another platform to be heard. If you are ok with that fine. Just don't get your undies in a bunch when folks question that decision.

Would you be all irritated and bothered if he his board was shuffled a bit with Wentz at the top?

What if he had Bosa as a 6th round quality guy?

BisonTru
March 16th, 2016, 01:50 PM

If he subscribed to the idea black DEs aren't afforded the same opportunities white DEs are and followed and endorsed the twitter account Awful White DEs, absolutely.

Why is this so damn hard for you to see? This is a Mr. Hunt quote from one of the numerous radio shows he does, "No man can look me in the eye and say Wentz looked better than Jensen." Holy ****, if you've watched one game of each and come to that conclusion you have no business commenting on football or in Emory's case you're pushing your agenda.

I get the whole don't like him, don't listen to him, but what pisses me off is the huge number of shows like the Wedge and countless others as well as forums that have him on for his expert take. Then he'll spit biased garbage that gets eaten up by everyone that isn't an avid FCS fan which is almost everyone. Even here, this is just being chalked up to sensitive Bison fans don't like Em cuz he's picking on your boy. There's a hell of lot more to this that has been laid out.

BisonFan02
March 16th, 2016, 02:47 PM
If he subscribed to the idea black DEs aren't afforded the same opportunities white DEs are and followed and endorsed the twitter account Awful White DEs, absolutely.

Why is this so damn hard for you to see? This is a Mr. Hunt quote from one of the numerous radio shows he does, "No man can look me in the eye and say Wentz looked better than Jensen." Holy ****, if you've watched one game of each and come to that conclusion you have no business commenting on football or in Emory's case you're pushing your agenda.

I get the whole don't like him, don't listen to him, but what pisses me off is the huge number of shows like the Wedge and countless others as well as forums that have him on for his expert take. Then he'll spit biased garbage that gets eaten up by everyone that isn't an avid FCS fan which is almost everyone. Even here, this is just being chalked up to sensitive Bison fans don't like Em cuz he's picking on your boy. There's a hell of lot more to this that has been laid out.

This...refer back to my post in Em's pout thread (which is now in other sports because of ****ing soccer xlolx ). "Grown man crying" is when someone feels slighted when Em picks against NDSU in the last two nattys because of the athleticism of Illinois State and Jacksonville State (see Roberson and Jenkins)....but Em's "non answer" and subsequent trolling video of Tommy "Cracker" Nabisco provided me the answers to my questions. If he is supposedly a "FCS expert" and presented as such on a radio program (sponsored and promoted by AGS), I'm going to call 1000% bull**** and call into question his credibility on the subject... He has none....zero....zip....nada, and unfortunately I have tied myself to it by taking people's money and soliciting program support at the local radio station. That's what ****ing pisses me off if anything.

ursus....you and I have had conversations in the past. As far as Bison fans go, I think I'm pretty reasonable (have even picked against them on more than one occasion....including their trip to Missoula last year). The extreme of the Wentz opinion is what got me to finally dig...and, frankly, Em's reaction to the criticism is probably what threw gas on the fire. I can't separate the two (Em and Wedge), and I will vote with my feet/ears. That being said...I know you probably/ultimately don't give two ****s about said opinion.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 16th, 2016, 03:37 PM

I'm not the one with undies in a bunch brother. You need to look at what you guys are saying and how f'n uptight you are over things. It's fine I guess but it seems just a bit overboard to me.

I personally do not agree with Emory on this at all. Doesn't mean **** to me though because it isn't something he was doing with the show. It is something he does on his own. I'm really good with anybody that feels like having their own opinions and I think I always have been. I just look at all the evidence from others in this situation and think to myself "Man, Emory seems way off base here" and I move along as I don't have any real knowledge to put in like SCFF or others that are more in tune would have. I've got zero need to throw stones at him over it and if this were a Griz QB i might be slightly more involved but I would still be nowhere near what has been going on here.xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
March 16th, 2016, 03:54 PM
This...refer back to my post in Em's pout thread (which is now in other sports because of ****ing soccer xlolx ). "Grown man crying" is when someone feels slighted when Em picks against NDSU in the last two nattys because of the athleticism of Illinois State and Jacksonville State (see Roberson and Jenkins)....but Em's "non answer" and subsequent trolling video of Tommy "Cracker" Nabisco provided me the answers to my questions. If he is supposedly a "FCS expert" and presented as such on a radio program (sponsored and promoted by AGS), I'm going to call 1000% bull**** and call into question his credibility on the subject... He has none....zero....zip....nada, and unfortunately I have tied myself to it by taking people's money and soliciting program support at the local radio station. That's what ****ing pisses me off if anything.

ursus....you and I have had conversations in the past. As far as Bison fans go, I think I'm pretty reasonable (have even picked against them on more than one occasion....including their trip to Missoula last year). The extreme of the Wentz opinion is what got me to finally dig...and, frankly, Em's reaction to the criticism is probably what threw gas on the fire. I can't separate the two (Em and Wedge), and I will vote with my feet/ears. That being said...I know you probably/ultimately don't give two ****s about said opinion.

Some react, some over react. I don't see much of what you do as an over reaction.

I don't know that anyone of the FCS Wedge has ever put themselves forth as an expert on the show. It is a conversation about what happened in FCS last week and what will be happening next week. That is all it is and all it ever has been.

Emory and Kevin usually took a "devil's advocate" approach to what either said by design because I always wanted both sides of a view to have some rep. Emory is not on the show as some self professed expert, neither is Kevin, they both like to talk football and can do it in an entertaining way.

If you guys feel like taking this **** personally then by all means it is your prerogative.

Also, I don't want you shouldering any weight because you tried to do something and put your neck on the line a couple years back so let me know who and how much needs to be sent to relieve you of that and I'll fix it for you guys as opposed to having it held over anyone's head as it appears to be now. You're a good dude and I don't need you feeling bad about that.xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
March 16th, 2016, 04:14 PM
Some react, some over react. I don't see much of what you do as an over reaction.

I don't know that anyone of the FCS Wedge has ever put themselves forth as an expert on the show. It is a conversation about what happened in FCS last week and what will be happening next week. That is all it is and all it ever has been.

Emory and Kevin usually took a "devil's advocate" approach to what either said by design because I always wanted both sides of a view to have some rep. Emory is not on the show as some self professed expert, neither is Kevin, they both like to talk football and can do it in an entertaining way.

If you guys feel like taking this **** personally then by all means it is your prerogative.

Also, I don't want you shouldering any weight because you tried to do something and put your neck on the line a couple years back so let me know who and how much needs to be sent to relieve you of that and I'll fix it for you guys as opposed to having it held over anyone's head as it appears to be now. You're a good dude and I don't need you feeling bad about that.xthumbsupx

xlolx I'm not going to be refunding disgruntled Bison fans their money, and you and I already had the convo about the radio program regarding ND coverage via phone (as far as any involvement I will have). Regarding the show, I'm going to support the portion of the show I choose. I won't be giving Football Gameplan/Em any clicks/views/listens....regardless where it is. I have his account on here set to ignore as well...for whatever that is worth.

BisonBacker
March 16th, 2016, 04:28 PM
Would you be all irritated and bothered if he his board was shuffled a bit with Wentz at the top?

You missed the point. I could care a less about where he puts Wentz. He's entitled to his opinion but it clearly from all professional viewpoints is way off base. He does nothing to explain his reasoning. Then he's on every damned sports talk message board giving that information out. Talking ***** on all these boards just gets old. If you care to look I suggest you go look at all the message boards of any pro or college football team and you'll find him there pushing it. When he associates himself with questionable websites/twitter accounts that at best are in very poor taste or at the worst racist (which I believe #awfulwhitequarterbacks) is that just makes it harder to take his opinions (I'm being nice calling it opinions) as anything remotely credible. He was called out and some don't like it. To me if I'm Ursus or Clenz & the rest of the crew who work on the wedge, with all the hard work they put into putting out the Wedge why would you use someone who's opinions seem to be so far off the mark according to professional scouts, coaches ect who evaluate talent for a living? Those are fair questions.

BisonBacker
March 16th, 2016, 04:32 PM
I'm not the one with undies in a bunch brother. You need to look at what you guys are saying and how f'n uptight you are over things. It's fine I guess but it seems just a bit overboard to me.

I personally do not agree with Emory on this at all. Doesn't mean **** to me though because it isn't something he was doing with the show. It is something he does on his own. I'm really good with anybody that feels like having their own opinions and I think I always have been. I just look at all the evidence from others in this situation and think to myself "Man, Emory seems way off base here" and I move along as I don't have any real knowledge to put in like SCFF or others that are more in tune would have. I've got zero need to throw stones at him over it and if this were a Griz QB i might be slightly more involved but I would still be nowhere near what has been going on here.xthumbsupx

I'm cool with that xrolleyesx

The last straw for me was when I saw on one of the Cleveland boards where he was pushing his small college review. I just shook my head. Bottom line is any reader on any board has to wade through the chaff to find the wheat.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 16th, 2016, 04:45 PM
I'm cool with that xrolleyesx

The last straw for me was when I saw on one of the Cleveland boards where he was pushing his small college review. I just shook my head. Bottom line is any reader on any board has to wade through the chaff to find the wheat.

Exactly right man. We all are very experienced with this as I believe anybody on any board probably is at this point don't you think? I mean hell I could create a screen name on a board that is the the scientific name of a Grizzly Bear but you know damn well I'm not a Grizzly Bear. I'm just some guy with a keyboard...as I know you are.

So really, I don't see how this is any different. We read, we learn, that is all it is. Now we may actually learn something worthwhile on a subject or we may learn we don't really need to take someone seriously all the time, or a myriad of other things. What gives someone gravity or credibility is easy to see when it all plays out and I'd bet on any other messageboard you are citing there is probably a guy like BisonBacker or someone else saying "dude, you are full of ****!" so it probably works out fairly well since we are all here/there to wash away any bull****.

BisonFan02
March 16th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Exactly right man. We all are very experienced with this as I believe anybody on any board probably is at this point don't you think? I mean hell I could create a screen name on a board that is the the scientific name of a Grizzly Bear but you know damn well I'm not a Grizzly Bear. I'm just some guy with a keyboard...as I know you are.

So really, I don't see how this is any different. We read, we learn, that is all it is. Now we may actually learn something worthwhile on a subject or we may learn we don't really need to take someone seriously all the time, or a myriad of other things. What gives someone gravity or credibility is easy to see when it all plays out and I'd bet on any other messageboard you are citing there is probably a guy like BisonBacker or someone else saying "dude, you are full of ****!" so it probably works out fairly well since we are all here/there to wash away any bull****.

http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=47050

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i364/crapmyinlawsown/washedoff2.gif

ursus arctos horribilis
March 16th, 2016, 04:55 PM
http://boards.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=47050

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i364/crapmyinlawsown/washedoff2.gif

Like I said. We'll do our jobs and police this place, everyone else will take care of their communities. xlolx

BisonFan02
March 16th, 2016, 04:58 PM
Like I said. We'll do our jobs and police this place, everyone else will take care of their communities. xlolx

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/hose_to_head_king_of_the_hill.gif

smallcollegefbfan
March 17th, 2016, 08:50 AM

I had heard you did have some of them but I was not sure how often or if Emory was a regular.

Emory likes to put out stuff that is from out in left field and I think the best thing to do is be grown men and leave it alone. If he is ignored and people don't click on the videos then he does not get what he wants. If people want more of his info and think he is great then they should read his threads and watch his videos but if not just ignore and don't keep it relevant.

Anyone off the street can knock someone's favorite player and they take it seriously. Always consider the source before you get upset. People also should remember that some folks get their jollies out of saying crazy stuff and getting a rise out of people. Can't give people what they want all the time. It just isn't worth it.

smallcollegefbfan
March 17th, 2016, 08:55 AM

If he really said that comment then he should never be on any radio show or website because anyone who says that about Wentz and Jensen has either never seen them play or has no clue what they are watching. Why would anyone tab someone as an expert who says that?

There are huge differences. First of all one thing they have alike is they are both mobile and they were winners. After that they are completely different. Wentz is a smoother athlete, much bigger and stronger, has a much stronger arm, and can throw the deep ball much better. Wentz has better feet and Wentz actually won national titles with slightly less talented teams. Look at these last couple years when people started talking about how much NDSU lost and they still found a way to win. Wentz actually helped NDSU win whereas Jensen was just a system guy who managed the game and won by not making mistakes. If Jensen had not won the title before and been a returning starter Wentz would have been the starter as a freshman. Wentz was always better than Jensen. He just had to wait because Jensen was a year older and coaches won't bench an older player who won games unless that player begins to lose games, regardless if the younger player is better.

BisonFan02
March 17th, 2016, 10:15 AM
If he really said that comment then he should never be on any radio show or website because anyone who says that about Wentz and Jensen has either never seen them play or has no clue what they are watching. Why would anyone tab someone as an expert who says that?

There are huge differences. First of all one thing they have alike is they are both mobile and they were winners. After that they are completely different. Wentz is a smoother athlete, much bigger and stronger, has a much stronger arm, and can throw the deep ball much better. Wentz has better feet and Wentz actually won national titles with slightly less talented teams. Look at these last couple years when people started talking about how much NDSU lost and they still found a way to win. Wentz actually helped NDSU win whereas Jensen was just a system guy who managed the game and won by not making mistakes. If Jensen had not won the title before and been a returning starter Wentz would have been the starter as a freshman. Wentz was always better than Jensen. He just had to wait because Jensen was a year older and coaches won't bench an older player who won games unless that player begins to lose games, regardless if the younger player is better.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22238&stc=1

For example....I know there has been other comments since, but I quit following.

Here was my comments about said tweet in my original "rant"

Brock Jensen will never have to buy a beer in Fargo ever again.....but you have jumped the shark with this one. I can't even explain it as a Bison fan...not even on this topic outside of maybe taking previous criticism personal and now making it an agenda against Wentz in general. http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

gotts
March 17th, 2016, 10:42 AM
So is there any relevant information about Wentz's draft stock (as opposed to the analysis of everyone's hot takes?)?

I'm hearing the NFL Network will be broadcasting live from the Fargodome during the NDSU Pro Day next Thursday.

BisonFan02
March 17th, 2016, 10:43 AM
So is there any relevant information about Wentz's draft stock (as opposed to the analysis of everyone's hot takes?)?

I'm hearing the NFL Network will be broadcasting live from the Fargodome during the NDSU Pro Day next Thursday.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/qnrwb

Jaws dropped a Troy Aikman comparison...and he'll be in Fargo it sounds like.

Bisonator
March 17th, 2016, 03:27 PM
https://www.clippituser.tv/c/qnrwb

Jaws dropped a Troy Aikman comparison...and he'll be in Fargo it sounds like.

He forgot that he spent 30 hours this morning watching film. :D

smallcollegefbfan
March 17th, 2016, 03:58 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22238&stc=1

For example....I know there has been other comments since, but I quit following.

Here was my comments about said tweet in my original "rant"

This business is all opinion based but for him to say that is factually wrong. Jensen can't do some things that Wentz can and Jensen isn't the physical specimen that Wentz is. That can plainly be seen by watching film.

Does he watch coach's tape or TV games? And anyone who has to spend 30 hours watching a player doesn't likely know what they are looking at. A scout should be able to watch tape on a player in 3-4 hours and have a good idea of what the player is. 30 is excessive and probably not realistic. It is impossible to watch 20 hours of every single player in the draft or even the top 1000 players before draft day without skipping sleep and having no life.

BisonTru
March 17th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Does he watch coach's tape or TV games? And anyone who has to spend 30 hours watching a player doesn't likely know what they are looking at. A scout should be able to watch tape on a player in 3-4 hours and have a good idea of what the player is. 30 is excessive and probably not realistic. It is impossible to watch 20 hours of every single player in the draft or even the top 1000 players before draft day without skipping sleep and having no life.

The 30 hours comment is a long standing joke about Ron Jaworski. Before any analysis he always sights some ridiculous and specific number of hours of tape or reps he watched. After the Senior Bowl he made some comments he watched exactly 216 Wentz throws at the Senior bowl.

http://youtu.be/XHbM_Bz-Jd0

smallcollegefbfan
March 17th, 2016, 07:50 PM
The 30 hours comment is a long standing joke about Ron Jaworski. Before any analysis he always sights some ridiculous and specific number of hours of tape or reps he watched. After the Senior Bowl he made some comments he watched exactly 216 Wentz throws at the Senior bowl.

http://youtu.be/XHbM_Bz-Jd0

It doesn't take that many throws to know what a player is. I don't really listen to Jaws so I was not sure where that came from. I have heard some people say they watched 10-15 games on a player and the first thing I think is why would you waste all that time? A good scout should just need 3 games and then in certain situations you may want to add a 4th and 5th. Sometimes I watch 2 tapes from their junior year, 1-2 tapes from early in senior year and if just 1 early on then 2 tapes late in the senior year or 1 if I saw 2 early on as a senior. I try to see at least 3 on a good prospect and 6 at the most.

Professor Chaos
March 23rd, 2016, 04:36 PM
NDSU's pro day is tomorrow and the local beat writers have already confirmed that representatives from all 32 team will be in attendance including Cleveland head coach Hue Jackson. NFL Network will be broadcasting live from the Fargodome tomorrow morning starting at 9AM CT to cover it with on-field drills starting at roughly 10AM. 10 former NDSU players (and a handful of players from other ND schools) will be participating taking advantage of the unprecedented exposure NDSU's pro day is getting this year relative to years past.

Even former NDSU safety Christian Dudzik, who used up his eligibility in 2014, in planning to participate in pro day again this year working out as a DB and WR in hopes of catching a pro team's eye.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 23rd, 2016, 04:38 PM
NDSU's pro day is tomorrow and the local beat writers have already confirmed that representatives from all 32 team will be in attendance including Cleveland head coach Hue Jackson. NFL Network will be broadcasting live from the Fargodome tomorrow morning starting at 9AM CT to cover it with on-field drills starting at roughly 10AM. 10 former NDSU players (and a handful of players from other ND schools) will be participating taking advantage of the unprecedented exposure NDSU's pro day is getting this year relative to year's past.

That's really cool man. You guys have a list of who is participating and where they are from? That sounds like a big day.

Professor Chaos
March 23rd, 2016, 04:57 PM
That's really cool man. You guys have a list of who is participating and where they are from? That sounds like a big day.
For NDSU guys it's:

TE Luke Albers
FB Andrew Bonnet
CB Jordan Champion
DB/WR Christian Dudzik
OL Joe Haeg
OL Jeremy Kelly
P Ben LeCompte
CB CJ Smith
WR Zach Vraa
QB Carson Wentz

As far as others I believe UND LB Will Rattelle will be there and I heard a LB from Jamestown University (100 miles west of Fargo) will be there also. Not sure about any others.

BisonFan02
March 23rd, 2016, 07:41 PM
For NDSU guys it's:

TE Luke Albers
FB Andrew Bonnet
CB Jordan Champion
DB/WR Christian Dudzik
OL Joe Haeg
OL Jeremy Kelly
P Ben LeCompte
CB CJ Smith
WR Zach Vraa
QB Carson Wentz

As far as others I believe UND LB Will Rattelle will be there and I heard a LB from Jamestown University (100 miles west of Fargo) will be there also. Not sure about any others.

THE....University of Jamestown. :D

Its LB Jarelle Miller

http://www.playnorthstar.com/images/2015-16/IMG_0410sid.jpg

http://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/nfl-draft-diamonds-prospect-interview-jarelle-miller-lb-university-of-jamestown/

6'2" and 240lbs....hard hitter (watched him in person once)....that being said, he is a BIG long shot to make any sort of noise. Its still cool to see a guy from my alma mater though. Jamestown's football program hasn't exactly been great lately. I'm hoping the recent influx of NDSU guys into the coaching staff will pay dividends.

smallcollegefbfan
March 24th, 2016, 06:02 AM
I think the North Dakota LB is interesting because he could be a FB or ILB. It just depends on the team interest.

Bisonator
March 24th, 2016, 09:21 AM
I think the North Dakota LB is interesting because he could be a FB or ILB. It just depends on the team interest.

He's a good player. Hard hitter and good instinctive LB.

I'm not sure if he is going to be here or not since he did well at Minnesota's pro day but the exposure here with Wentz can't hurt.

smallcollegefbfan
March 24th, 2016, 09:22 AM
He's a good player. Hard hitter and good instinctive LB.

I'm not sure if he is going to be here or not since he did well at Minnesota's pro day but the exposure here with Wentz can't hurt.

I would do both if I'm him. Wentz and Haeg have a lot of people coming so the others can benefit greatly.

Professor Chaos
March 24th, 2016, 09:45 AM
Seems to be conflicting chatter about the NFL representation at the Fargodome this morning:

At 9:38AM CT: https://twitter.com/NDSUathletics/status/713011798807420930

#NDSUProDay

All 32 teams are represented in Fargo.

Joe Haeg broad-jumps for Jets & Falcons scouts, among others.

From earlier this morning at 7:43AM CT: https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/713013379548323840

Because of snow storms only 18 teams at Wentz's pro day. Only 1 HC here -- Hue Jackson who was delayed in Minneapolis. 30 teams credentialed

It would be too bad if the little snowstorm that MSP got took away eyes from some of the lesser prospects at NDSU's pro day who have a huge opportunity today to open those eyes.

BisonBacker
March 24th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Sportscenter tonight.........Life it tough for CW these days :D

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22286&stc=1

Professor Chaos
March 24th, 2016, 10:04 AM
I bet all the NFL fans are super impressed with the "2 time All-MVFC Honorable Mention" blurb NFL Network is flashing across his Bio.

How good is the MVFC when the top QB prospect in the NFL draft can't even make 2nd team All-Conference? The SEC ain't got nothin on us! :D

smallcollegefbfan
March 24th, 2016, 10:41 AM
I bet all the NFL fans are super impressed with the "2 time All-MVFC Honorable Mention" blurb NFL Network is flashing across his Bio.

How good is the MVFC when the top QB prospect in the NFL draft can't even make 2nd team All-Conference? The SEC ain't got nothin on us! :D

Wentz would have been the OFF POY if he had not missed so many games. I think that stat line is misleading because of that. We all know he is the best in the MVFC. There aren't many players who could even get honorable mention if they had missed as many games as he did.

Professor Chaos
March 24th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Wentz would have been the OFF POY if he had not missed so many games. I think that stat line is misleading because of that. We all know he is the best in the MVFC. There aren't many players who could even get honorable mention if they had missed as many games as he did.
On, I know. I was just looking to rankle some people who get upset with "the MVFC circle jerk" that tends to happen on this board.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 24th, 2016, 11:45 AM
On, I know. I was just looking to rankle some people who get upset with "the MVFC circle jerk" that tends to happen on this board.

You wanted to get in on the circle jerk...alright then. Just elbow your way Prof.

Professor Chaos
March 24th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Some reaction to Wentz's pro day:

https://twitter.com/SteveHallstrom/status/713035916672040960

I had Wentz completing 62 of 65. 2 of 3 Inc's came on 40 yd deep corner throws. One miss in EZ. About 10 really good deep/timing routes.

https://twitter.com/Gil_Brandt/status/713034514998566913

One of the best pro days I've ever witnessed. Wentz reminds me of Joe Flacco. He had 2 55-yard passes that were as pretty as I've seen.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/713039612713705472

"I would say A, if not an A+… Nearly flawless." -@MoveTheSticks grades @NDSUathletics QB @CJ_Wentz's Pro Day

https://twitter.com/SteveHallstrom/status/713039381536202753

#Jaws tells @cj_wentz that Hue Jackson said "Oh my God" with big smile when asked about his workout. #NDSUProDay

- - - Updated - - -

You wanted to get in on the circle jerk...alright then. Just elbow your way Prof.
It's tough to find a spot xlolx

superman7515
March 24th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Mike Missanelli had Ron Jaworski on earlier and he was asking about Wentz' pro day and how it went. Jaworski was raving about it and Mikey Miss, who is as adamant against the Eagles trying to get Wentz as you can find, said it's easy to look good in shorts and playing all year against scrubs in the soup line, but questioned, how much stock does Jaws put in Wentz considering how inferior 1AA football is? Jaworski replied he went to Youngstown State and played 17 years in the NFL, Mikey Miss went to Penn State and how many years did he play? xlolx

SUPharmacist
March 25th, 2016, 07:54 PM
Mike Missanelli had Ron Jaworski on earlier and he was asking about Wentz' pro day and how it went. Jaworski was raving about it and Mikey Miss, who is as adamant against the Eagles trying to get Wentz as you can find, said it's easy to look good in shorts and playing all year against scrubs in the soup line, but questioned, how much stock does Jaws put in Wentz considering how inferior 1AA football is? Jaworski replied he went to Youngstown State and played 17 years in the NFL, Mikey Miss went to Penn State and how many years did he play? xlolx

Jaws goes over the top, but that is a great F you response.

POD Knows
March 26th, 2016, 06:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG3oQRU4660

Bisonator
March 27th, 2016, 12:29 PM
I'm hoping the Rams trade up to get Carson although unlikely. They seem to be the best fit right now.

I don't necessarily think the Browns with Hue at the helm would be horrible but the signing of RGIII kind of baffles me. Is it just a second chance, a camp competition or a trade bait hopeful? Not sure I'd want him mentoring anyone.

Hopefully the 49ers are stuck on Goff or Lynch. I'm not sold on Kelly's offensive scheme and he could be gone in 3 years again. Anyone but the 49ers IMO.

BisonTru
March 27th, 2016, 10:44 PM
I'm hoping the Rams trade up to get Carson although unlikely. They seem to be the best fit right now.

I don't necessarily think the Browns with Hue at the helm would be horrible but the signing of RGIII kind of baffles me. Is it just a second chance, a camp competition or a trade bait hopeful? Not sure I'd want him mentoring anyone.

Hopefully the 49ers are stuck on Goff or Lynch. I'm not sold on Kelly's offensive scheme and he could be gone in 3 years again. Anyone but the 49ers IMO.

I really soured on Cleveland with the RG3 signing, but the more I think about it I think Wentz has a better understanding of pro concepts than RG3. I would just hate to see RG3 get all the reps till he eventually goes down and Wentz has to be the savior with little work with the ones. Here's to hoping Wentz seats RG3 on the sideline. Wentz probably damn near unseated a championship QB at NDSU and the other QB switched to LB when he saw what Wentz brought to the table. I'm fairly confident he can beat out RG3.

As for the 49ers, I agree. Anywhere else. There's a ton of spread QBs in college and 1 spread coach in the NFL. Just seems like a marriage that isn't good for anyone.

POD Knows
March 28th, 2016, 09:13 AM
I really soured on Cleveland with the RG3 signing, but the more I think about it I think Wentz has a better understanding of pro concepts than RG3. I would just hate to see RG3 get all the reps till he eventually goes down and Wentz has to be the savior with little work with the ones. Here's to hoping Wentz seats RG3 on the sideline. Wentz probably damn near unseated a championship QB at NDSU and the other QB switched to LB when he saw what Wentz brought to the table. I'm fairly confident he can beat out RG3.

As for the 49ers, I agree. Anywhere else. There's a ton of spread QBs in college and 1 spread coach in the NFL. Just seems like a marriage that isn't good for anyone.

I think you can pretty much count on Cleveland not doing the right thing and they will pass on Wentz. History repeats itself, the Browns will go with RGIII, he will suck, the Browns will suck and all will be right with the world.

Professor Chaos
March 28th, 2016, 11:03 AM

RG3 has next to no chance of beating about beating out either Wentz or Goff. From Day 1 he's going to be "damaged goods" in the eyes of the fans and the coaching staff is going to feel a ton of pressure to pull him for the young kid waiting in the wings at the first sign of any stuggles from RG3. I don't think having RG3 sign with Cleveland really makes it any better or worse of a landing spot for Wentz. I'm more perplexed about why RG3 even signed there. He had several better options to choose from including Denver and the NY Jets but to each his own I guess.

BisonBacker
March 28th, 2016, 02:32 PM
I think you can pretty much count on Cleveland not doing the right thing and they will pass on Wentz. History repeats itself, the Browns will go with RGIII, he will suck, the Browns will suck and all will be right with the world.

I have no issues with that at all what so ever. Cleveland while I think Hue is a good coach and would be good for Carson the ownership there has f'd up the organization to the point of they are a mess. JJ in Dallas isn't much better. I've never understood why an owner will hire FO guys and a coaching staff then meddles in what they want to do. Ego I guess but it sure turns an already expensive toy for them into an even spendier one.

BisonTru
March 28th, 2016, 03:41 PM
I have no issues with that at all what so ever. Cleveland while I think Hue is a good coach and would be good for Carson the ownership there has f'd up the organization to the point of they are a mess. JJ in Dallas isn't much better. I've never understood why an owner will hire FO guys and a coaching staff then meddles in what they want to do. Ego I guess but it sure turns an already expensive toy for them into an even spendier one.

The one bright spot with Cleveland is Hue, IMO, picked Cleveland vs. them picking him. He seemed to be the HC candidate that was high on a lot of people's list. Hopefully he heard the right things from ownership that made him believe they can turn the ship.

One trend that's bothersome is the one year head coaches. I can think of three of the top of my head (TB, Tenn, SF) that canned their coach after one season. What in the hell did they expect after one season? Find the right guys or who you think are the right guys and go all in, at least for a few years. Jacksonville has been patient with Gus. Hopefully they start emerging as a playoff contender and more owners look at their model and follow it.

Professor Chaos
April 8th, 2016, 08:55 AM
The full Gruden QB Camp episode with Carson Wentz will air tomorrow at 3:30PM CT on ABC. Based on the snippets they showed on Sportscenter a few weeks ago when they filmed it should be a pretty entertaining episode.

I'm as guilty of anyone of rolling my eyes at some of Gruden's "analysis" but I thought this article from MMQB was pretty revealing about just how much work he puts into evaluating these QBs he's work with and how much he cares about making them better players: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/04/jon-gruden-espn-quarterback-camp-nfl-draft

Also interesting to note from that article is that agent Ryan Tollner, who represents both Wentz and Goff, tells his QB clients there are three things that are mandatory for pre-draft obligations; the combine, your pro day, and Gruden's QB Camp. Keep in mind this is coming from an interview with MMQB which is in no way affiliated with ESPN.

BisonBacker
April 8th, 2016, 09:57 AM
https://audioboom.com/boos/4406510-04-08-hour-three-north-dakota-state-qb-carson-wentz?t=0

smallcollegefbfan
April 8th, 2016, 08:06 PM
The full Gruden QB Camp episode with Carson Wentz will air tomorrow at 3:30PM CT on ABC. Based on the snippets they showed on Sportscenter a few weeks ago when they filmed it should be a pretty entertaining episode.

I'm as guilty of anyone of rolling my eyes at some of Gruden's "analysis" but I thought this article from MMQB was pretty revealing about just how much work he puts into evaluating these QBs he's work with and how much he cares about making them better players: http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/04/jon-gruden-espn-quarterback-camp-nfl-draft

Also interesting to note from that article is that agent Ryan Tollner, who represents both Wentz and Goff, tells his QB clients there are three things that are mandatory for pre-draft obligations; the combine, your pro day, and Gruden's QB Camp. Keep in mind this is coming from an interview with MMQB which is in no way affiliated with ESPN.

The combine can't be mandatory because not all players are invited. Plenty of good players are missed by the combine. I do think if invited though it is mandatory to workout there.

As for the Gruden Camp and those ESPN and NFL Network TV spots I think they are mandatory if you are trying to market and make money that way but they have nothing to do with whether you are drafted or make it in the NFL. If you get what I'm saying. I do think it's very smart to take advantage and make yourself a household name as early and often as you can.

BisonTru
April 8th, 2016, 09:46 PM
The combine can't be mandatory because not all players are invited. Plenty of good players are missed by the combine. I do think if invited though it is mandatory to workout there.

As for the Gruden Camp and those ESPN and NFL Network TV spots I think they are mandatory if you are trying to market and make money that way but they have nothing to do with whether you are drafted or make it in the NFL. If you get what I'm saying. I do think it's very smart to take advantage and make yourself a household name as early and often as you can.

Curious SCFF are you hearing anything regarding where Wentz will end up in the draft?

smallcollegefbfan
April 9th, 2016, 07:20 AM
Curious SCFF are you hearing anything regarding where Wentz will end up in the draft?

I expect top 10. Rumor is that Cleveland is not going with a QB at 2 and if so then if Tunsil goes 1 and Ramsey goes 2 I believe there could be heavy trade offers for 3rd overall.

BisonFan02
April 9th, 2016, 09:44 AM
I expect top 10. Rumor is that Cleveland is not going with a QB at 2 and if so then if Tunsil goes 1 and Ramsey goes 2 I believe there could be heavy trade offers for 3rd overall.

Thoughts on the Chargers and Cowboy's QB situation? Is the fact that Romo has been hurt the only reason the Cowboys are more apt to draft a QB for the future over the Chargers/Rivers?

smallcollegefbfan
April 9th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Thoughts on the Chargers and Cowboy's QB situation? Is the fact that Romo has been hurt the only reason the Cowboys are more apt to draft a QB for the future over the Chargers/Rivers?

Cowboys definitely need to go QB more than Chargers because of the injury but I don't know how close to healthy Romo is and how worried Jerry Jones is that he will be fine this year. I know if they feel he is healthy they likely don't pick a QB very high because they paid Romo not long ago.

BisonFan02
April 9th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Cowboys definitely need to go QB more than Chargers because of the injury but I don't know how close to healthy Romo is and how worried Jerry Jones is that he will be fine this year. I know if they feel he is healthy they likely don't pick a QB very high because they paid Romo not long ago.

I agree with this, and I don't think the Cowboys go QB. "Jerrah" and Romo's injuries aside, both the Chargers and Cowboys probably need a plan eventually for their aging signal callers.

BisonBacker
April 12th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Bison fans may not want him to go to Cleveland but you have to tip your cap to them for this. Well played.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/04/watch_the_carson_wentz_campaig.html

Professor Chaos
April 12th, 2016, 10:50 AM
Carson will be featured of the cover of the NFL Draft issue of ESPN the Magazine (and is currently featured on the front page of ESPN.com).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cf2GKmCVAAA4nL6.jpg

Here's the corresponding story which is a really good read along with a pretty good video: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15158945/does-north-dakota-state-qb-carson-wentz-really-add-20m

On a completely unrelated note, with Andy Dalton already in Cincy, if Cleveland does take Carson does that make Ohio the official state of ginger QBs?

BEAR
April 13th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Did Carson play at an FBS school before he came to NDSU or did he come straight out of high school then do 4 years at NDSU?

Thumper 76
April 13th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Did Carson play at an FBS school before he came to NDSU or did he come straight out of high school then do 4 years at NDSU?

Straight out of high school.

Bisonator
April 13th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Came straight from HS in 2011. Redshirted then had to wait for the all time winningest FCS QB Brock Jensen to leave before getting the start his Junior year (2014). Kind of feel cheated we didn't get to see him play more.

smallcollegefbfan
April 13th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Came straight from HS in 2011. Redshirted then had to wait for the all time winningest FCS QB Brock Jensen to leave before getting the start his Junior year (2014). Kind of feel cheated we didn't get to see him play more.

I agree. It's funny you won national titles with your 2nd best QB for a couple years. Wentz was better than by Jensen by the end of his freshman year from what I'm told.

BisonFan02
April 13th, 2016, 09:01 PM
I agree. It's funny you won national titles with your 2nd best QB for a couple years. Wentz was better than by Jensen by the end of his freshman year from what I'm told.

Back in 2011, NDSU coaches told people that the toughest QB NDSU faced that season was on their scout team....and that was Carson Wentz. xlolx

tribe_pride
April 14th, 2016, 08:26 AM
Is Wentz now going to be the #1 pick? Rams just traded a whole lot to move to #1.

clenz
April 14th, 2016, 08:36 AM
Back in 2011, NDSU coaches told people that the toughest QB NDSU faced that season was on their scout team....and that was Carson Wentz. xlolx
Look at the MVFC QB's in 2011...

SDSU - Austin Sumner - he was a freshman. Had a good year but we saw how his career petered out.
YSU - Kurt Hess - was pretty good but not super special
ILSR - Matt Brown - see Kurt Hess
ISUB - Ronnie Fouch - I literally had to look him up. I would have assume this was a name from Friday Night Lights the TV show
MSU - Trevor Wooden - see Ronnie Fouch
WIU - Josh Hudson - See Ronnie Fouch and Trevor Wooden. Also went 12 TD/11 INT
SIU - Kory Faulker - I remember him but he had 5 TD and 8 picks in 250 attempts
UNI - Tirrell Rennie - efficient (14 td 4 int) and could run (threw for 1800 ran for 1500) but not super special

That's not saying much. The MVFC circa 2010 and 2011 were hot garbage.

Professor Chaos
April 14th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Is Wentz now going to be the #1 pick? Rams just traded a whole lot to move to #1.
Has to be either him of Goff. Goff is more local and probably the safer pick but by most accounts Wentz has more potential and the higher ceiling. The Rams just worked out Wentz and apparently had glowing reviews. I don't think they give up what they did to make the safe pick. I think it's Wentz at #1 which is truly mind boggling.

Bisonator
April 14th, 2016, 09:08 AM

Thought that might happen. Fisher did pretty well with another former FCS QB at Tennessee!

BisonFan02
April 14th, 2016, 10:26 AM
NDSU also played Minnesota, James Madison, Lehigh (Lum if I remember correct), Georgia Southern, and SHSU.

BisonTru
September 14th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Em's just spitting chit out looking for home runs. If Jones turns out, he looks like a prophet, if he doesn't he'll never bring it up. He was high on Johnny Manziel, Geno Smith, and Russell Wilson. Guess which name he'll bring up. He also will rank a bunch of guys year out, year in that will never get drafted. If one turns out to be like Romo, I'm sure he'll never shut up about it.

What's odd, is IMO, the next possible Russell Wilson is Dak Prescott which by AwfulwhiteQBs standard ranking system he's pretty low on. We'll see, I'll place my bets on Wentz, might be a really fun read in a couple years.

This is already a fun read and we aren't even out a year. xcoolx

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2017, 11:20 PM

xlolx #flashbacksunday

Bisonoline
October 8th, 2017, 11:50 PM
xlolx #flashbacksunday

What the heck was the QB he called the best QB in the nation. Nobody had heard of him and he was reporting from one of those local NFL combines thats not really a combine. They put up an NFL poster and players show up. Wish I could find that one again.