PDA

View Full Version : MVFC 2016 Edition

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

MSUBear42
October 8th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Your offense didn't do anything after the first drive. Our offense kept shooting themselves in the foot. Couldn't finish drives. Left at least 3 touchdowns out there. You have some good players and your team is improving but still bottom third in the valley IMO.
You're right, your ineptness on offense had NOTHING to do with our defense.

Same with our offense, we should have won 56-7 but we just shot ourselves in the foot too many times.

You people are idiots.

MSUDuo
October 8th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Your offense didn't do anything after the first drive. Our offense kept shooting themselves in the foot. Couldn't finish drives. Left at least 3 touchdowns out there. You have some good players and your team is improving but still bottom third in the valley IMO.

So, your offense shot itself in the foot but ours didn't? Don't you think both defenses had something to do with that?

I get it. NDSU is the 5 time defending champs. MO State has sucked for 25+ years. But today, and today only, MO State hung with NDSU for 3+ quarters.

MSUDuo
October 8th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Which teams exactly are the bottom third in your mind?

UNI ISUr and Missouri State (Cause you already stated Missouri State is in your bottom 3rd)?

2016 MVFC Standings

TEAM
CONF
OVR

North Dakota State
2-0
5-0

Youngstown State
2-0
4-1

South Dakota State
1-0
2-2

Indiana State
1-1
3-2

Missouri State
1-1
3-2

Northern Iowa
1-1
2-3

South Dakota
1-1
2-3

Western Illinois
0-1
3-1

Southern Illinois
0-1
2-2

Illinois State
0-3
2-4

WIU vs ISUb 36-35 WIU in the 4th 11min left.

SDSU vs SIU 7-0 SDSU in the 1st with 9 min left.

I think when it is all said and done we will probably be there. But today, I don't think we played like a bottom 3rd team and have showed that we could finish in the top half.

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 06:30 PM
I think when it is all said and done we will probably be there. But today, I don't think we played like a bottom 3rd team and have showed that we could finish in the top half.

Maybe but it certainly isn't clear right now. YSU might be really good and NDSU probably is. No one else has proved a damn thing. They haven't proved that they are good, and they haven't proved that they are terrible.

MSUDuo
October 8th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Maybe but it certainly isn't clear right now. YSU might be really good and NDSU probably is. No one else has proved a damn thing. They haven't proved that they are good, and they haven't proved that they are terrible.

Oh absolutely. That's why the games are played. It just feels good to be able to watch MO State games and think we could have the chance to win again. I guess that is what happens when you triple your win total from the previous year in just the first 4 games.

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 06:36 PM
TD SIU. XP pending.

6-7 right now.

BigGoosie13
October 8th, 2016, 06:37 PM
SIU successfully runs the same exact play the entire drive, alternating left and right to knot it up at 7.

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 06:39 PM
SIU successfully runs the same exact play the entire drive, alternating left and right to knot it up at 7.

That doesn't bode well for SDSU's D vs NDSU :\

Bisonator
October 8th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Holy crap where'd all the Best fans come from? xlolx

Your right, you guys are great. We suck. Mid tier at best.

BigGoosie13
October 8th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Wieneke happens, 2 catches 80 yards, SDSU back on top.

MSUDuo
October 8th, 2016, 06:41 PM
What the heck was that Indiana State? Yikes.

semobison
October 8th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Oh absolutely. That's why the games are played. It just feels good to be able to watch MO State games and think we could have the chance to win again. I guess that is what happens when you triple your win total from the previous year in just the first 4 games.

I thought da Bears defense played well until they wore down late in the game. Most improved team in the Valley this year for sure. The way the conference looks right now, who knows, may be bottom Third, may be mid pack, hell, could sneak into the playoffs! It's looking like that kind of year. I'd hate to have to earn a living betting on MVFC games!

BigGoosie13
October 8th, 2016, 06:42 PM
That doesn't bode well for SDSU's D vs NDSU :\

Bubble screen left, bubble screen right.

UNIFanSince1983
October 8th, 2016, 06:44 PM

There were always a couple, but I figure last year probably made them not want to discuss football.

NDSUtk
October 8th, 2016, 06:45 PM
What the heck was that Indiana State? Yikes.
I think they got hosed...sure seemed like an offside. But I guess maybe you should have quit trying to be cute and just kick the damn FG.

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 06:48 PM
WIU records the win.

Catsfan90
October 8th, 2016, 06:49 PM
SDSU vs SIU announcers are killing me. For some reason theres no mics picking up the game or crowd noise? Just these announcers that are falling asleep

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

MSUDuo
October 8th, 2016, 06:49 PM

Because that is what was said. Good on you.

Drblankstare
October 8th, 2016, 06:50 PM
SDSU vs SIU announcers are killing me. For some reason theres no mics picking up the game or crowd noise? Just these announcers that are falling asleep

I notice this also, I'm wondering if they are at the game or doing play by play from a studio.

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Updated standings

2016 MVFC Standings

TEAM
CONF
OVR

1. North Dakota State
2-0
5-0

1. Youngstown State
2-0
4-1

3. South Dakota State
1-0
2-2

4. Western Illinois
1-1
4-1

4. Missouri State
1-1
3-2

4. Northern Iowa
1-1
2-3

4. South Dakota
1-1
2-3

8. Indiana State
1-2
3-3

9. Southern Illinois
0-1
2-2

10. Illinois State
0-3
2-4

SDSU SIU game ongoing.

PantherRob82
October 8th, 2016, 06:52 PM
Bottom 3 right now has to be ISUb, ISUr, and SIU. UNI and Missouri State right on the edge.

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Bottom 3 right now has to be ISUb, ISUr, and SIU. UNI and Missouri State right on the edge.

Except, if SIU beats SDSU....

BisonFan02
Updated standings

2016 MVFC Standings

TEAM
CONF
OVR

1. North Dakota State
2-0
5-0

1. Youngstown State
2-0
4-1

3. South Dakota State
1-0
2-2

4. Western Illinois
1-1
4-1

4. Missouri State
1-1
3-2

4. Northern Iowa
1-1
2-3

4. South Dakota
1-1
2-3

8. Indiana State
1-2
3-3

9. Southern Illinois
0-1
2-2

10. Illinois State
0-3
2-4

SDSU SIU game ongoing.

#summitleaguefootball :D xlolx

BisonTru
I think they got hosed...sure seemed like an offside. But I guess maybe you should have quit trying to be cute and just kick the damn FG.

IMO, if any of the other offensive lineman jumped it would have been encroachment by the defense, but since the center was the one to move and snap the ball it was a no call. I couldn't tell for sure if Western was in the neutral zone either way.

For those who didn't see it. Down by one with maybe a minute or so left, ISUb was in FG territory with 4th and 1 and lined up to draw the defense offsides or take a timeout. A defender jumped, but it was unclear (to me at least) if he was in the neutral zone and the center snapped the ball. Surprised the QB tried to run it but was tackled for no gain and a turn over on downs. No flags.

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2016, 06:54 PM

The MVC schools?

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2016, 06:59 PM
IMO, if any of the other offensive lineman jumped it would have been encroachment by the defense, but since the center was the one to move and snap the ball it was a no call. I couldn't tell for sure if Western was in the neutral zone either way.

For those who didn't see it. Down by one with maybe a minute or so left, ISUb was in FG territory with 4th and 1 and lined up to draw the defense offsides or take a timeout. A defender jumped, but it was unclear (to me at least) if he was in the neutral zone and the center snapped the ball. Surprised the QB tried to run it but was tackled for no gain and a turn over on downs. No flags.

prior to that they called a ghost false start on the center. great series to end the game on the refs

BisonTru
October 8th, 2016, 07:01 PM
prior to that they called a ghost false start on the center. great series to end the game on the refs

Didn't see that, but if I were you, I'd probably have a broken TV.

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Didn't see that, but if I were you, I'd probably have a broken TV.

my kids are in the room. i cant afford counselling for them

ValleyTalk
October 8th, 2016, 07:07 PM
How about that YSU defense? Moss and Rivers are so good and they are giving the opposition tons of problems this year.

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 07:08 PM
How about that YSU defense? Moss and Rivers are so good and they are giving the opposition tons of problems this year.

Yea ysu could be really good

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 07:09 PM

Before all you hear was the PA announcer and 30 fans. It's an improvement trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 07:12 PM
Before all you hear was the PA announcer and 30 fans. It's an improvement trust me.

:/ watching other broadcasts makes me like kvly...

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 07:17 PM
:/ watching other broadcasts makes me like kvly...

Our Midco guys are great. But I agree wholeheartedly.

Meanwhile, Eidsness is playing cute and trying to force our offense to not go to Wieneke or Goedert. Jesus take it if they aren there but why the blue hell are we trying to not go to them?!?!?

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 07:18 PM
This audio is driving me crazy. There is a constant electronic clicking that is 50% the volume of the broadcasters mics.

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 07:21 PM
It stopped. Thank God

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Goddert is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Goedert

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 07:24 PM
I need to bitch more. Three plays for Goedert and Weineke (and a bad PI) and a td

BigGoosie13
October 8th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Gooooooooooedert 40 yd td, 21-7 late 2nd. I'm tappping out for awihle as the alochol is starting to show it's effects.

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Goddert is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Goedert

He's kinda good.

It's amazing we got all this passing and recovering talent (though TC is WAY off this game IMO) right after we have ZZ. Would have though that to be a tough sell with the run oriented team we were.

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 07:28 PM
SDSU caught trying to jump the bubble screen. Nice play call by SIU, TD Flying Dogs That Eat Children

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 07:31 PM
Love it lol

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Yeah my team got 4 turnovers and won 27-3... some of these other bison fans are acting like the same kind of homer a-holes that all FBS teams act like.... it's getting pretty bad. Literally every single good thing any other team does its bitch about NDSU missing assignments and no credit to the other team, reverse the situation and its all NDSU forcing it. NDSU made some mistakes for sure and that is college football, but Missouri State played a lot of great defense. They will win some games in the valley.

Nice speech.

In all fairness to NDSU, the defense dominated this game. Holding any Valley team to 3 points in their own house is very impressive. 176 total yards for MSU with only 30 rushing yards. MSU is improved but still not an upper 1/2 Valley team IMO. NDSU had 269 yards rushing with a total of 429 on a supposed top tier FCS defense stats wise so far this year. Suspect stats against what type of competition?

Still a lot of conference games left.

Oh ya, turnovers are part of the game.

Catsfan90
October 8th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Who dropped that wide open pass in the end zone for SDSU?

Kemo
October 8th, 2016, 07:48 PM
Who dropped that wide open pass in the end zone for SDSU?

It was Goedert, though it looked like the LB might have knocked it out. He just wanted to Wieneke to catch up with him on TDs in the game.

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 07:53 PM
It was Goedert, though it looked like the LB might have knocked it out. He just wanted to Wieneke to catch up with him on TDs in the game.

Yeah, were a family and family's share xlolx

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Nice speech.

In all fairness to NDSU, the defense dominated this game. Holding any Valley team to 3 points in their own house is very impressive. 176 total yards for MSU with only 30 rushing yards. MSU is improved but still not an upper 1/2 Valley team IMO. NDSU had 269 yards rushing with a total of 429 on a supposed top tier FCS defense stats wise so far this year. Suspect stats against what type of competition?

Still a lot of conference games left.

Oh ya, turnovers are part of the game.

Interesting that turnovers are part of the game but you appear to be siding with the guy who said it should have been 45-3...

I mean, I know for a lot of bison fans the opposition never stops them the only can stop themselves, but the other team does have a defense. NDSU clearly won the TO battle by far and dominated the MSU offense, but for the situations they were put in MSU more than held their own on defense.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Interesting that turnovers are part of the game but you appear to be siding with the guy who said it should have been 45-3...

I mean, I know for a lot of bison fans the opposition never stops them the only can stop themselves, but the other team does have a defense. NDSU clearly won the TO battle by far and dominated the MSU offense, but for the situations they were put in MSU more than held their own on defense.

Yes, MSU is improved but to give all the credit to MSU's supposed great defensive effort is laughable. Yes, give credit where it is due. MSU is improved.

"holding their own" is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I'll take a 269 rushing game and 429 total yards against any team.

POD Knows
October 8th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Yeah my team got 4 turnovers and won 27-3... some of these other bison fans are acting like the same kind of homer a-holes that all FBS teams act like.... it's getting pretty bad. Literally every single good thing any other team does its bitch about NDSU missing assignments and no credit to the other team, reverse the situation and its all NDSU forcing it. NDSU made some mistakes for sure and that is college football, but Missouri State played a lot of great defense. They will win some games in the valley.

I am sure our coaching staff and players at "satisfied" with this performance, if you think that is the case, I bet you are wrong. We did dominate the game but we were sloppy, and I doubt that it is acceptable in the ranks of the team.

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 08:25 PM
Yes, MSU is improved but to give all the credit to MSU's supposed great defensive effort is laughable. Yes, give credit where it is due. MSU is improved.

"holding their own" is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I'll take a 269 rushing game and 429 total yards against any team.

I would hope for more points with the field position NDSU had all game, but thats just me. Points matter. Yards don't. You could have 8,000 yards and ten points and lose. I'd rather have 60 yards and 35 points. But maybe I'm crazy.

Also, for all you NDSU blowhards who were questioning why a QB slides, see the play where now SIU is down to their second string QB, cause sliding is for pussies.

SDSU 35-18

dewey
October 8th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Hey SDSU fans what is with the Zach Zener banner hung on the stadium that says "CHAMPION" under it?

Congratulations to USD on the big win over UNI today.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2016, 08:35 PM
[QUOTE=Thumper 76;2389660]I would hope for more points with the field position NDSU had all game, but thats just me. Points matter. Yards don't. You could have 8,000 yards and ten points and lose. I'd rather have 60 yards and 35 points. But maybe I'm crazy.

Also, for all you NDSU blowhards who were questioning why a QB slides, see the play where now SIU is down to their second string QB, cause sliding is for pussies.

SDSU 35-18

xlolx

It doesn't matter if you win by 100 or 1, a win is a win. You're bitching about a 27-3 win and the Bison didn't score enough for your liking?

Like I said, I'll take a 428 yards offensive performance and only giving up 176 any day.

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2016, 08:36 PM
I would hope for more points with the field position NDSU had all game, but thats just me. Points matter. Yards don't. You could have 8,000 yards and ten points and lose. I'd rather have 60 yards and 35 points. But maybe I'm crazy.

SDSU 35-18

I kind of think not getting hurt is for winners. Everytime any QB from a team I like takes a hit incrimge. Especially since we don't play with concussions anymore.

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 08:42 PM
I kind of think not getting hurt is for winners. Everytime any QB from a team I like takes a hit incrimge. Especially since we don't play with concussions anymore.

Every person who says that is just legitimately not thinking. Would you give your star wide receiver 30 hand offs up the middle a game? Of course not, cause he's not built for it. Neither are most QBs built to take a beating all game. Except a Wr or even is generally easier to replace without as catastrophic results.

dewey
October 8th, 2016, 08:45 PM
Every person who says that is just legitimately not thinking. Would you give your star wide receiver 30 hand offs up the middle a game? Of course not, cause he's not built for it. Neither are most QBs built to take a beating all game. Except a Wr or even is generally easier to replace without as catastrophic results.

That what was really impressive about SIU'S quarterback last year (Ianotti? ). That dude dud a beating last year in the NDSU game and kept getting up. I thought I heard that was there offense last year.

For the record running Jensen, Wentz and Stick made/makes me nervous for obvious potential injury concerns.

Dewey

Catsfan90
October 8th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Did SDSU fall asleep?

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=Thumper 76;2389660]I would hope for more points with the field position NDSU had all game, but thats just me. Points matter. Yards don't. You could have 8,000 yards and ten points and lose. I'd rather have 60 yards and 35 points. But maybe I'm crazy.

SDSU 35-18

xlolx

It doesn't matter if you win by 100 or 1, a win is a win. You're bitching about a 27-3 win and the Bison didn't score enough for your liking?

Like I said, I'll take a 428 yards offensive performance and only giving up 176 any day.

I'm not bitching about it. But when you have 4 drives start inside the opponents 30 you should end with more than 23 points and don't try to color me impressed with the offensive performance if that's the case. Plus another drive that starts at the 40. NDSU had great field position most of the day. MSU did well with their defense to hold you to 23. Reality.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2016, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=Bison Fan in NW MN;2389667]

I'm not bitching about it. But when you have 4 drives start inside the opponents 30 you should end with more than 23 points and don't try to color me impressed with the offensive performance if that's the case. Plus another drive that starts at the 40. NDSU had great field position most of the day. MSU did well with their defense to hold you to 23. Reality.

xlolx

What is the color of the sky in your world?

The reality is the Bison dominated them on defense and the offense started slow and ground them down.

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=Thumper 76;2389683]

xlolx

What is the color of the sky in your world?

I can tell you are truly an impressive football mind. Do you know which one the goal line is?

Drblankstare
October 8th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Did SDSU fall asleep?

Pass D seems to be lacking in this league this year

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2016, 08:55 PM
[QUOTE=Bison Fan in NW MN;2389684]

I can tell you are truly an impressive football mind. Do you know which one the goal line is?

Another smart ass that thinks he's right all the time.

xlolx

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=Thumper 76;2389685]

xlolx

I showed you how I'm right and all you did was have a smart ass remark. Please enlighten me on how a team shouldn't be expected to score a TD when they get the ball at the 26, 27, or 22 yard line. I'm sure your MASSIVE brain can handle that right?

POD Knows
October 8th, 2016, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=Thumper 76;2389685]

xlolx

System is messed up, everybody is replying to themselves.

TheKingpin28
October 8th, 2016, 09:04 PM
It's not even Dakota Marker week and we are already gnawing at each others throats. I love it!

Bison Fan in NW MN
[QUOTE=Bison Fan in NW MN;2389688]

I showed you how I'm right and all you did was have a smart ass remark. Please enlighten me on how a team shouldn't be expected to score a TD when they get the ball at the 26, 27, or 22 yard line. I'm sure your MASSIVE brain can handle that right?

Another impressive response. What will be the excuses next week for you?

Like I said before in my posts Einstein, the Bison defense dominated them. The Bison offense did a good job after a slow start and pounded them into the ground in the 2nd half.

You want to nit pick that the Bison didn't score enough when I could care less...the Bison won the game 27-3 in their house. You bet, we all would love to win a game 55-0 like last year. Do you remember me writing that MSU is improved? Cherry pick some there bud.

Yards don't matter according to you. Well, I tell you what, if the Bison grind out their usual 250 yards or more on the ground next week and control the clock, they will more than likely win.

BisonTru
Hey SDSU fans what is with the Zach Zener banner hung on the stadium that says "CHAMPION" under it?

Congratulations to USD on the big win over UNI today.

Dewey

He won the division 3 Brookings Bowling league his senior year. The trophy's in their trophy case. xcoolx

dewey
October 8th, 2016, 09:07 PM
It is concerning to me that NDSU had so many drives deep in Missouri State territory and came away with less touchdowns than I or I am sure the team would like to see. Some of it was NDSU miscues (self inflicted penalties and some overthrows by Stick) some were due to the Missouri State defense making plays (The MSU DT that blew up the run in the first half to force the fumble by King Frazier was a great play by MSU).

NDSU typically does not blow teams out in the first half but makes adjustments to the run game and wears teams done in the second half. Granted the offense today was able to wear MSU down due to MSU'S inability to stay on the field.

At the end of the day it is a multiple touchdown road victory over a MVFC opportunity opponent.

Dewey

dewey
October 8th, 2016, 09:09 PM
He won the division 3 Brookings Bowling league his senior year. The trophy's in their trophy case. xcoolx

Is that trophy next to that REALLY, REALLY dusty spot where the Dakota Marker was a LONG time ago:D

Dewey

SeattleGriz
October 8th, 2016, 09:09 PM
So SDSU has a good MVFC defense. Is that what you all have been selling?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2016, 09:10 PM

Not this year.

dewey
October 8th, 2016, 09:11 PM

Not me...not this year:D

Dewey

No_Skill
October 8th, 2016, 09:14 PM
SDSU runs screens with Goddart (sp?)! We'll definitely be seeing that next week.

Drblankstare
October 8th, 2016, 09:26 PM
SIU not dead yet.

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 09:27 PM

Our defense blows.....

dewey
October 8th, 2016, 09:27 PM
42-38 SDSU with 918 to go.

Dewey

dewey
October 8th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Our defense blows.....

Is it even possible to quantify how salty you will be if SDSU loses to the Skinny dogs? No matter what you guys have good ice creamxnodx

Dewey

Catsfan90
October 8th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Our defense blows.....

The offense has certainly done enough

Drblankstare
October 8th, 2016, 09:30 PM
Our defense blows.....

announcers just said SIU has 400 passing yards so far. Ouch

guessing the Jacks have what 800 then

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2016, 09:33 PM
announcers just said SIU has 400 passing yards so far. Ouch

guessing the Jacks have what 800 then

SIU has 530 yards so far and SDSU has 517

dewey
October 8th, 2016, 09:35 PM
SIU has 530 yards so far and SDSU has 517

Does anyone in the Valley play D any more? Is this the Big Sky:D

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2016, 09:36 PM
SDSU has thrown the ball 49 times and SIU 50 so far....xeekx

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Is it even possible to quantify how salty you will be if SDSU loses to the Skinny dogs? No matter what you guys have good ice creamxnodx

Dewey

The Dead Sea will be the purest of purified water next to me

dewey
October 8th, 2016, 09:38 PM

I LOL'D at that one.

Dewey

Drblankstare
October 8th, 2016, 09:38 PM
SDSU has thrown the ball 49 times and SIU 50 so far....xeekx

Lets hope Christian has dead arm next week

POD Knows
October 8th, 2016, 09:39 PM

I like your chances against the Bison, how many points are you going to give me.

dewey
October 8th, 2016, 09:39 PM
A jet sweep to a tight end?

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Lets hope Christian has dead arm next week

I'm sure they will throw the ball 40+ times. Bison will shut down the run.

- - - Updated - - -

I like your chances against the Bison, how many points are you going to give me.

Sandbagger....xnodx:D

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 09:41 PM

None xlolx

Our defense will prolly give you 30+ though

JayJ79
October 8th, 2016, 09:42 PM
after watching a bit of the SDSU@SIU game, I was looking up something on Saluki Stadium on the SIU website and found this:

At the time it was built, Saluki Stadium was the newest of 12 stadiums constructed by an FCS school since 2000*.

So at the time it was built, it was the newest stadium. Good to know.

Yote 53
October 8th, 2016, 09:43 PM
Clenz, I thought of you today. You and the Casey's pizza I just engulfed.

Go Yotes!!!

Drblankstare
October 8th, 2016, 09:43 PM
[QUOTE=Bison Fan in NW MN;2389760]I'm sure they will throw the ball 40+ times. Bison will shut down the run.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that Coach Stig needs my help, but if SDSU runs the ball more than 10 times next week, they did it wrong. Screw it, throw deep all day.

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2016, 09:44 PM
What a game!

dewey
October 8th, 2016, 09:46 PM
Big defensive holding on SDSU on 3rd and 5. Questionable call.

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2016, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=Bison Fan in NW MN;2389760]I'm sure they will throw the ball 40+ times. Bison will shut down the run.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that Coach Stig needs my help, but if SDSU runs the ball more than 10 times next week, they did it wrong. Screw it, throw deep all day.

They need to have some semblance of a running game to keep the defense honest. If the Bison DL just pins their ears back and rushes the QB, then I like the Bison's chances.

POD Knows
October 8th, 2016, 09:48 PM
None xlolx

Our defense will prolly give you 30+ though

I will take SDSU at 1/2 the line at game time for $100

SeattleGriz
October 8th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Not this year.

That's not what you MVFC fans were selling just a few short weeks ago. How do we know you all aren't full of ****? xlolx

MSUBear42
October 8th, 2016, 09:50 PM
after watching a bit of the SDSU@SIU game, I was looking up something on Saluki Stadium on the SIU website and found this:

So at the time it was built, it was the newest stadium. Good to know.

Literal LOL

Drblankstare
October 8th, 2016, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=Drblankstare;2389767]

They need to have some semblance of a running game to keep the defense honest. If the Bison DL just pins their ears back and rushes the QB, then I like the Bison's chances.

I used to feel the same way but these are strange times. You want to beat the Bison in the Dome this year, let her fly.

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2016, 09:52 PM
The Dakota game whould be the Game of the Week next week.

underdawg
October 8th, 2016, 09:53 PM
A questionable play called in last Saluki possesion with one yard to go and on third down---we trfy a pass and get sacked--terrible WE can't get one yard on two downs

dewey
October 8th, 2016, 09:54 PM

Agreed.

Dewey

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 09:54 PM
2016 MVFC Standings

TEAM
CONF
OVR

1. North Dakota State
2-0
5-0

1. Youngstown State
2-0
4-1

1. South Dakota State
2-0
3-2

4. Western Illinois
1-1
4-1

4. Missouri State
1-1
3-2

4. Northern Iowa
1-1
2-3

4. South Dakota
1-1
2-3

8. Indiana State
1-2
3-3

9. Southern Illinois
0-2
2-3

10. Illinois State
0-3
2-4

MVFC standings locked up for the week.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2016, 09:59 PM
That's not what you MVFC fans were selling just a few short weeks ago. How do we know you all aren't full of ****? xlolx

Valley fans were saying SDSU has a great/good defense this year? Doubt it.

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 10:02 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Felt like we forced our offense into not using Wieneke or Goedert at times. And if we throw another damn play that's a slant or a bubble screen on 3rd and long again you'll never hear from me again, because I will die. From a heart attack or an aneurysm. Seriously though TC was off all game IMHO as weird as that my seem when we throw for as much as we did. Missed a ton of throws he usually doesn't. Not sure what was up with that. But that's the way we will beat the bison is by being EWU with a better TE.

Just......I quit. You bison fans. We can run the ball. We just don't. FFS we average half a yard per carry less than the blessed by Jesus and Mike Ditka himself bison. So, if your capable, who I know I'm asking a lot, that just means we pass more than we run. Because, were kinda good at it.

I will take SDSU at 1/2 the line at game time for $100
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx I'll never bet against my team no matter how salty I am.

Yeah, with the amount of bison fans that will be on AGS here, that's a shoe in.

For all the crap I gave you guys about your QB he played a hell of a game and kicked our ass up and down the field. Our D just came up big when we needed it (wish that would happen more often for me). Hopefully we get Dallas Brown healthy for next week and Rozenboom at full speed. That was a physical game in spite of the score, lots of people banged up.

I am officially in the we need to outscore people to win at State camp. Thank god for our offense that we can. Amen.

After all that. BUCK THE FISON. It's MARKER WEEK BITCHES.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2016, 10:03 PM

Felt like we forced our offense into not using Wieneke or Goedert at times. And if we throw another damn play that's a slant or a bubble screen on 3rd and long again you'll never hear from me again, because I will die. From a heart attack or an aneurysm. Seriously though TC was off all game IMHO as weird as that my seem when we throw for as much as we did. Missed a ton of throws he usually doesn't. Not sure what was up with that. But that's the way we will beat the bison is by being EWU with a better TE.

[QUOTE=Bison Fan in NW MN;2389776]
Just......I quit. You bison fans. We can run the ball. We just don't. FFS we average half a yard per carry less than the blessed by Jesus and Mike Ditka himself bison. So, if your capable, who I know I'm asking a lot, that just means we pass more than we run. Because, were kinda good at it.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx I'll never bet against my team no matter how salty I am.

For all the crap I gave you guys about your QB he played a hell of a game and kicked our ass up and down the field. Our D just came up big when we needed it (wish that would happen more often for me). Hopefully we get Dallas Brown healthy for next week and Rozenboom at full speed. That was a physical game in spite of the score, lots of people banged up.

I am officially in the we need to outscore people to win at State camp. Thank god for our offense that we can. Amen.

Off your meds little guy?

xlolx

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 10:05 PM

Off your meds little guy?

xlolx

Are you physically capable of operating the quote function?

Twentysix
October 8th, 2016, 10:05 PM

The brackets and slashes are too complicated. xdrunkyx Hilariously enough, you are not capable of it either.

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 10:07 PM
The brackets and slashes are too complicated. xdrunkyx Hilariously enough, you are not capable of it either.

It's because I've been quoting his screwed up crap. I tried to fix the last one........

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2016, 10:08 PM

Is that your best?

I know it must be frustrating losing 8 games in a row and working on a 9th....xlolx

60-40-5...thought you might like this series record....xlolx

JayJ79
October 8th, 2016, 10:10 PM
A questionable play called in last Saluki possesion with one yard to go and on third down---we trfy a pass and get sacked--terrible WE can't get one yard on two downs

Did Bill Salmon phone that in to you guys?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Oh ya thumper.....I'll include National Titles for ya:

Jacks: 0

Bison: 13

Ouch!!

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Oh ya thumper.....I'll include National Titles for ya:

Jacks: 0

Bison: 13

Ouch!!

Sir this discussion has moved to the Marker Thread. Thank you for your cooperation.

ST_Lawson
October 8th, 2016, 11:16 PM
Um....hi guys.

I was at our game against Indiana State earlier and...I'm still not quite sure if we won. It was a very odd game to say the least...especially the last couple of possessions there. I don't know if they showed it on the TV or not, but when they were standing there are 4th and short doing...idk what...running some clock or something...all of a sudden he was yelling and waving at them to get lined up and stuff. I don't know if he just wanted them all to get into place so they could try to draw us offsides or what, but they all ran back to the line, lined up and then *bam*, the ball was at the QB's feet and we were able to stop him from moving far enough to get a 1st down.

So...yea.

What I do know is that:
1. Missouri State went to Indiana State for ISU's homecoming and beat them by 21
2. Indiana State came to Western for our homecoming and Western beat them by 1 point
3. Western goes to Missouri State for their homecoming next weekend and given how we've played the last couple of weeks...I'm very nervous.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2016, 11:18 PM
Um....hi guys.

I was at our game against Indiana State earlier and...I'm still not quite sure if we won. It was a very odd game to say the least...especially the last couple of possessions there. I don't know if they showed it on the TV or not, but when they were standing there are 4th and short doing...idk what...running some clock or something...all of a sudden he was yelling and waving at them to get lined up and stuff. I don't know if he just wanted them all to get into place so they could try to draw us offsides or what, but they all ran back to the line, lined up and then *bam*, the ball was at the QB's feet and we were able to stop him from moving far enough to get a 1st down.

So...yea.

What I do know is that:
1. Missouri State went to Indiana State for ISU's homecoming and beat them by 21
2. Indiana State came to Western for our homecoming and Western beat them by 1 point
3. Western goes to Missouri State for their homecoming next weekend and given how we've played the last couple of weeks...I'm very nervous.

Good teams find ways to win....xthumbsupx

Every team has a 'dud' during the season.....WIU seems like the real deal so far.

ST_Lawson
October 8th, 2016, 11:32 PM
Good teams find ways to win....xthumbsupx

Every team has a 'dud' during the season.....WIU seems like the real deal so far.

I suppose. I know we did great OOC, but in the MVFC...I'm not convinced yet.
McGuire seemed to have a lot of issues overthrowing his receivers today. Throws that in the first few games, he would have nailed for long gains or TDs. I don't know if he's regressing, we're just playing much tougher defenses that are pressuring him more (it's possible, but as I've seen mentioned quite often, most of the teams we've played so far this season are not known for their defenses), or if he's just been off the last game or two and will be able to snap out of it soon.

If they keep playing like they played today and for most of the SDSU game, I think we maybe win 2 more games this season, and 6-5 won't be getting us in the playoffs this time around. They get back to playing like I saw them play the first three games, then we could win 4-5 out of the remaining 6 and we'd be in it.

Still...not convinced of much of anything yet.

Twentysix
October 9th, 2016, 03:28 AM
Average yards/punt (minimum 10 attempts)

44.55 - Ben LeCompte (228-10158) - 2012-15

44.46 - Mike Dragosavich (158-7025) - 2004-07

41.72 - Aaron Pederson (176-7342) - 1998-01

41.21 - Matt Voigtlander (66-2720) - 2008-11

40.88 - John Prelvitz (161-6581) - 2007-10

Looking at this makes me weep. Since 2004, NDSU has had 4 of its top 5 punters and right now one of our only FBS transfers is a terrible punter. Drago and LeCompte both probably could have been NFL punters. Such a tough position to get a chance at.

Also, Brock Jensen has like every single career oriented record a QB is eligible for. That kid was obscene.

And LOL at some of the DB records. Marcus Williams didn't just break some of those records, he shattered them. Like this one:

Interception return yards

603 - Marcus Williams (21-603) - 2010-13

267 - Nick Schommer (13-267) - 2005-08

223 - Matt Gorman (12-223) - 2001-04

202 - Steve Krumrei (16-202) - 1967-69

155 - Christian Dudzik (13-155) - 2011-14

Interceptions

21 - Marcus Williams (21-603) - 2010-13

16 - Steve Krumrei (16-202) - 1967-69

13 - Nick Schommer (13-267) - 2005-08

13 - Christian Dudzik (13-155) - 2011-14

Interception return TDs

7 - Marcus Williams - 2010-13

3 - Matt Gorman - 2001-04

3 - Del Gehrett - 1967-68

2 - Steve Krumrei - 1967-69

2 - Lorren Henke - 1970-72

2 - Nate Keller - 1999-02

2 - Zach Colvin - 2012-14

2 - Al Nowak - 1970-71

1 - Jalen Allison - 2015-16

1 - Ryan Olson - 2003-06

1 - Cyrus Lemon - 2007-10

1 - Kole Zimmerman - 2002-05

1 - Jared Essler - 2001-04

1 - Joe Toth - 1991-94

1 - Courtney Mitchell - 2006,08

1 - Coulter Boyer - 2008-11

1 - Greg Gaughran - 1978-79

1 - Pierre Gee-Tucker - 2013-16

1 - Ken Muckenhirn - 1984-87

1 - Steve McMillan - 1971-73

1 - Mark Roshell - 1986-89

1 - Kevin Hollands - 1978-80

1 - Bobby Ollman - 2009-12

1 - Carlton Littlejohn - 2011-14

1 - G.Kallenbach - 1965-67

1 - Dan Olson - 1968

1 - Josh Gatlin - 2009-10

1 - Clint Gjellstad - 1997-00

1 - Isreal Moses - 1992-95

1 - Tom Adams - 1988-91

1 - Aaron Skyberg - 1996-99

1 - Colten Heagle - 2010-14

1 - Nick DeLuca - 2013-16

1 - Daniel Eaves - 2008-11

1 - Wade Kittelson - 1998-01

1 - Doug Hushka - 1980-83

1 - Clay Brosz - 1997-01

1 - Mike Rhone - 1999-02

1 - Shea DeJong - 2014

1 - Scott Walter - 2002-05

1 - Joe Cichy - 1968-70

1 - Tim Jacobsen - 1992-95

1 - CJ Smith - 2012-15

1 - Billy Erenberg - 1999-02

1 - Nick Schommer - 2005-08

1 - MJ Stumpf - 2013-16

1 - Dan Loose - 1965-67

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2016, 07:29 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think getting a good scholarship punter is a top priority for next year but in Koonce's defense, he has had great hang time with the other team fair catching most punts. But more distance would be nice.

MSUBear42
October 9th, 2016, 08:51 AM
Um....hi guys.

So...yea.

What I do know is that:

It should be a very good and very deciding game. Winner still will have a legit shot at the playoffs.

leatherneck177
October 9th, 2016, 09:26 AM
I suppose. I know we did great OOC, but in the MVFC...I'm not convinced yet.
McGuire seemed to have a lot of issues overthrowing his receivers today. Throws that in the first few games, he would have nailed for long gains or TDs. I don't know if he's regressing, we're just playing much tougher defenses that are pressuring him more (it's possible, but as I've seen mentioned quite often, most of the teams we've played so far this season are not known for their defenses), or if he's just been off the last game or two and will be able to snap out of it soon.

If they keep playing like they played today and for most of the SDSU game, I think we maybe win 2 more games this season, and 6-5 won't be getting us in the playoffs this time around. They get back to playing like I saw them play the first three games, then we could win 4-5 out of the remaining 6 and we'd be in it.

Still...not convinced of much of anything yet.

Get off the negative train for a bit. It's a tough conference...see USD-UNI. I think at the end of the day Western will be right there for a playoff spot, but still a long way to go. They are not a flawless machine, but still a solid football team. Yes that MSU game looks much different than it did at the beginning of the season, but teams make adjustments as the season goes on. its one of those years where every game will be tight.

RabidRabbit
October 9th, 2016, 09:28 AM

[QUOTE=Bison Fan in NW MN;2389776]

Jacks are definitely the "Big Sky/EWU" offensive juggernaut in the FCS this season. TC is on track to shatter all the SDSU TD passes in season (Record 30 (Barry - last SDSU QB to beat Bison in Fargo)) with 20 already made. Broke the passing yardage in a game vs SIU last night (466 yds/game). He's out to shatter the QB efficiency rating by an MVFC QB. Currently 160, Christian is currently running 180/190 through five games.

The converse is Jacks D is struggling, although it took a solid PASSING team, as opposed to running team, to get those good numbers. SDSU still nipped SIU on TOP.

If the TOP goes like it normally does vs NDSU, NDSU is likely to get the W. However, SDSU has pretty much exactly the type of team that will give NDSU fits. Fortunately for the Bison, having played EWU, you've seen essentially the same type of team, but SDSU has more weapons.

It's a year for a Jacks win, it's getting to be a long draught in this Dakota Marker match-up.

Twentysix
October 11th, 2016, 04:46 AM
So, give it a shot guessing a power rankings order for the MVFC teams.

1. NDSU
2. YSU - (Maybe SDSU is 2??)
3. SDSU - (Maybe YSU is 3??)
--------------
4. ??? USD?
5. ??? MSU?
6. ??? WIU?
7. ??? UNI?
8. ??? SIU?
--------------
9. ISUb?
10. ISUr

This is impossible.

clenz
October 11th, 2016, 09:09 AM
It's basketball season.

Why the hell are you still talking about the childish sport of football?

TheKingpin28
October 11th, 2016, 09:42 AM
It's hockey season.

FYP

It was a little off but now it is better.

ST_Lawson
October 11th, 2016, 09:42 AM
It's basketball season.

I don't understand....is that the shooty-hoops thing I keep hearing people talk about in the winter when there's no sports going on?

TheKingpin28
October 11th, 2016, 09:48 AM
I don't understand....is that the shooty-hoops thing I keep hearing people talk about in the winter when there's no sports going on?

Hockey bro, hockey! Why does everyone seem to forget about the best sport out there? At least in hockey, one has to be missing teeth, bleeding, or literally dying (Rich Peverly if you want to Google about him being dead and wanting to get back in the game afterwards) to get the refs to notice something. Whereas the other activity, not a sport BTW, requires ZERO defense and not even touching someone can cause them to cry and need to be carried off the court like a pussy. I am talking about LeBum James. Put on skates for even 5 minutes and there is no way he is not injured severely.

ST_Lawson
October 11th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Hockey bro, hockey! Why does everyone seem to forget about the best sport out there? At least in hockey, one has to be missing teeth, bleeding, or literally dying (Rich Peverly if you want to Google about him being dead and wanting to get back in the game afterwards) to get the refs to notice something. Whereas the other activity, not a sport BTW, requires ZERO defense and not even touching someone can cause them to cry and need to be carried off the court like a pussy. I am talking about LeBum James. Put on skates for even 5 minutes and there is no way he is not injured severely.

Ice-rugby-murder-stick?

Bison56
October 11th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Ice-rugby-murder-stick?

xlolx

Professor Chaos
October 11th, 2016, 10:32 AM
I keep going to fights and hockey games break out... makes me dislike the sport.

Sycamore62
October 11th, 2016, 10:41 AM
4 sports. Football, football recruiting, spring ball, waiting for football

ST_Lawson
October 11th, 2016, 10:45 AM
4 sports. Football, football recruiting, spring ball, waiting for football

This is the correct answer for me as well. I also somewhat enjoy the NFL draft.

Sycamore62
October 11th, 2016, 10:45 AM
in the last 2 games WIU has had a 4min and 3min stretch where they gave up 21pts. they need to turn that off.

MSUDuo
October 11th, 2016, 10:48 AM
in the last 2 games WIU has had a 4min and 3min stretch where they gave up 21pts. they need to turn that off.

No they don't. Wouldn't mind seeing two of those stretches this weekend.

Sycamore62
October 11th, 2016, 11:09 AM
No they don't. Wouldn't mind seeing two of those stretches this weekend.

lol, I was going to say if they want to make the playoffs or compete in the playoffs but I really wasnt sure what would be a good goal for them. Their QB overthrows wide open receivers way too much

TheKingpin28
October 11th, 2016, 12:45 PM
I honestly thought the world was going to end during the NHL lockout of 04-05 and again in the shortened season of 12-13.

Thad Castle sums up hockey quite easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB5iIX2BBMc

ST_Lawson
October 11th, 2016, 02:06 PM
lol, I was going to say if they want to make the playoffs or compete in the playoffs but I really wasnt sure what would be a good goal for them. Their QB overthrows wide open receivers way too much

Honestly, these last two games were about the first times I've seen him doing that. The first 3 games, he was hitting the receivers pretty much dead-on in-stride the majority of the time. I'm wondering if it's a situation where he's mentally (either consciously or sub-consciously) assuming that the DBs in the MVFC are better than the DBs at Eastern IL, Northern Arizona, or Northern Illinois (he could be very well justified in that assumption). If he is, I could see that being a reason why he'd try to give a pass a bit of extra cushion or something...often overthrowing the receiver.

Also, yes...if there's a way to turn off the "Pick 6" switch...please tell me how. He's thrown 3 in the last 2 games, after going through the first 3 games without any turnovers at all.

Schism55
October 11th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Intrigued by this game. Western is a 10 pt favorite on the road. Think Western wins but Missouri st covers.
Interesting to see how both QB's fare. Turnovers probably the difference.

Yote 53
October 11th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Been quite busy lately and haven't been able to make it over here to post lately.

Can I just start by saying "I told you so"? I know I've gone round and round with Clenz on here and I've actually grown to like the guy as we've had some friendly banter, but I told him that USD was not in awe of the Panthers and would beat them this season. For all the dirt he has thrown on USD it was pleasurable to watch the Coyotes take down the Panthers this past Saturday. That makes it 2-2 over the past 4 years between USD and UNI. I'd get used to it because USD is program on the rise and UNI appears to be a program that has stagnated.

Yeah, USD will probably drop a few as the season rolls along, and win a few more along the way, so I am not saying that the Coyotes are a world beater that owns the conference, far from it. With the win over NDSU last year (had SDSU beat too but couldn't seal the deal) and now UNI this season the Coyotes have shown they can compete and win with the historical top of the conference. Now it becomes a matter of consistency, following up one good outing with another, and stringing together wins. Just feels like there is some positive momentum and hoping to keep that going through the season and keep building the program.

It will be interesting heading out to ISUb this weekend. Don't really have a good feel for this game. I believe that USD has the better team but going on the road like this can be a letdown. If USD has some things go good to start the game, one big play on each side of the ball, I expect the Yotes can pull out to an early lead. The defense has been getting better and I think they have what it takes to shut the door and seal it now. For the Coyotes, mistakes are the key. Limit the turnovers, limit the big plays against, and I'm confident in a win.

TheKingpin28
October 11th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Been quite busy lately and haven't been able to make it over here to post lately.

Can I just start by saying "I told you so"? I know I've gone round and round with Clenz on here and I've actually grown to like the guy as we've had some friendly banter, but I told him that USD was not in awe of the Panthers and would beat them this season. For all the dirt he has thrown on USD it was pleasurable to watch the Coyotes take down the Panthers this past Saturday. That makes it 2-2 over the past 4 years between USD and UNI. I'd get used to it because USD is program on the rise and UNI appears to be a program that has stagnated.

Yeah, USD will probably drop a few as the season rolls along, and win a few more along the way, so I am not saying that the Coyotes are a world beater that owns the conference, far from it. With the win over NDSU last year (had SDSU beat too but couldn't seal the deal) and now UNI this season the Coyotes have shown they can compete and win with the historical top of the conference. Now it becomes a matter of consistency, following up one good outing with another, and stringing together wins. Just feels like there is some positive momentum and hoping to keep that going through the season and keep building the program.

It will be interesting heading out to ISUb this weekend. Don't really have a good feel for this game. I believe that USD has the better team but going on the road like this can be a letdown. If USD has some things go good to start the game, one big play on each side of the ball, I expect the Yotes can pull out to an early lead. The defense has been getting better and I think they have what it takes to shut the door and seal it now. For the Coyotes, mistakes are the key. Limit the turnovers, limit the big plays against, and I'm confident in a win.

So see you in 3 weeks again? If you cant be here for losses don't show up for the wins.

clenz
October 11th, 2016, 04:25 PM

What's funny is I was far more complimentary of the future of the program than pretty much any other poster preseason.

I wouldn't brag too hard about beating UNI right now.

Yote 53
October 11th, 2016, 04:27 PM
3 kids, 2 under the age of 2. I've got my excuse for not posting much. Been pretty sparse this season so it's not like I just stopped and then returned out of the blue.

Of course a win against UNI is going to prompt me to make it a point to come here after all the crap I've taken over the years, so you got me there.

Yote 53
October 11th, 2016, 04:31 PM
What's funny is I was far more complimentary of the future of the program than pretty much any other poster preseason.

I wouldn't brag too hard about beating UNI right now.

Not really bragging about it. You guys are hurting right now, I get that. It would be different if the Panthers came in undefeated.

Yes, you have been more complimentary than other posters.

Personally, I now hope you guys go on to have a great season. No ill will.

BTW, your QB is wayyy too one dimensional and they try to run way too much through him. Farley needs to run more of the O through your backs, Malloy being one of them. Makes it too easy to defend, but you guys already know that.

clenz
October 11th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Not really bragging about it. You guys are hurting right now, I get that. It would be different if the Panthers came in undefeated.

Yes, you have been more complimentary than other posters.

Personally, I now hope you guys go on to have a great season. No ill will.

BTW, your QB is wayyy too one dimensional and they try to run way too much through him. Farley needs to run more of the O through your backs, Malloy being one of them. Makes it too easy to defend, but you guys already know that.
You're last past stopped being news to UNI fans in November 2010....unfortunatlyxbangx

Schism55
October 11th, 2016, 04:42 PM
Is Farley trying to get Bailey killed? Thru 5 games; Tyvis Smith 102 carries, Aaron Bailey 112 :O

clenz
October 11th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Is Farley trying to get Bailey killed? Thru 5 games; Tyvis Smith 102 carries, Aaron Bailey 112 :O
Check last years stats....

RUSHING
GP
Att
Gain
Loss
Net
Avg
TD
Long
Avg/G

Bailey, Aaron (http://unipanthers.com/BaileyAaron)

Smith, Tyvis (http://unipanthers.com/SmithTyvis)

Also remember, Bailey is 6'3 230 pounds and build like a weak side linebacker.

Bailey compared to a 270lb DE

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/46504053f44d029f7da3566bc2801171a36ae6b9/c=0-0-2872-2159&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2016/09/03/IAGroup/IowaCity/636085392708507212-DSC-0705.jpg

Schism55
October 11th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Maybe he'd throw the rock a little better if he wasn't banged up from running the ball 25 times a game? Just a thought.
He's also down to 3.7 ypc this season.

Thumper 76
October 11th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Maybe he'd throw the rock a little better if he wasn't banged up from running the ball 25 times a game? Just a thought.
He's also down to 3.7 ypc this season.

That and everyone is focusing on stopping the run game cause he's not very effective passing the ball.

USeD seems to have a problem mentally of getting up for every game and being focused. They show flashes of being good against the top teams then get beat by the mediocre ones. They are dangerous, but need to get their mental figured out.

Bisonator
October 11th, 2016, 07:08 PM

Your yotes had one ****ing job and they screwed that up. They lost to ****ing UND! xrolleyesx

centennial
October 11th, 2016, 07:10 PM
Your yotes had one ****ing job and they screwed that up. They lost to ****ing UND! xrolleyesx

UND fans are claiming that they could beat UNI now.

X-Factor
October 11th, 2016, 07:15 PM

RUSHING
GP
Att
Gain
Loss
Net
Avg
TD
Long
Avg/G

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/46504053f44d029f7da3566bc2801171a36ae6b9/c=0-0-2872-2159&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/2016/09/03/IAGroup/IowaCity/636085392708507212-DSC-0705.jpg

Bailey actually isn't a whole lot bigger than Stick (6' 2" - 222 lb). I get it though, he would have made a much better RB or LB than a QB.

F'N Hawks
October 11th, 2016, 09:06 PM
UND fans are claiming that they could beat UNI now.

Where are those claims posted at?

ST_Lawson
October 11th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Bailey actually isn't a whole lot bigger than Stick (6' 2" - 222 lb). I get it though, he would have made a much better RB or LB than a QB.

ooooh....a QB measuring contest....everyone whip out your "deep passers" and tape measures.

Looks like McGuire is right there with them for the most part, 6'3" and 220 lbs: http://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=14711&path=football
Norvell is 2 inches taller, but only ~5 lbs heavier, so he's built a bit "slimmer"

Norvell has the length, but McGuire has the girth.....but obviously, none of that matters if you can't "finish the play" ;)

JimmyJack
October 12th, 2016, 07:14 AM
SDSU's Taryn Christion is "only" 6'2" and 215. But another set of numbers jumps out... 20 TDs, 1 INT.

X-Factor
October 12th, 2016, 07:21 AM
SDSU's Taryn Christion is "only" 6'2" and 215. But another set of numbers jumps out... 20 TDs, 1 INT.

That is likely to slow down dramatically in the back half of the schedule. The Jacks haven't played a single team yet with a decent defense.

JimmyJack
October 12th, 2016, 07:47 AM
That is likely to slow down dramatically in the back half of the schedule. The Jacks haven't played a single team yet with a decent defense.

Maybe. I would suspect that TCU's defense, middle-of-the-pack in the Big 12, would be able to stifle most FCS QBs. Taryn had 333 yards and 3 TDs in that game. But you're right. NDSU's defense is far superior to the other FCS defenses SDSU has faced.

Sycamore62
October 12th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Im actually pleased with our (ISUb) QB Issac Harker. we have him listed at 6' 195. I would prefer him never getting hit.

REALBird
October 12th, 2016, 09:30 AM
ooooh....a QB measuring contest....everyone whip out your "deep passers" and tape measures.

Looks like McGuire is right there with them for the most part, 6'3" and 220 lbs: http://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=14711&path=football
Norvell is 2 inches taller, but only ~5 lbs heavier, so he's built a bit "slimmer"

Norvell has the length, but McGuire has the girth.....but obviously, none of that matters if you can't "finish the play" ;)

I don't want to talk about our QB, but the guy lining up behind center is listed at 6' 3" 205 lbs. Plenty of length, but he's still figuring out how to use what he's got. Needless to say, he's left Redbird Nation very unsatisfied to this point.

Professor Chaos
October 12th, 2016, 09:59 AM

RUSHING
GP
Att
Gain
Loss
Net
Avg
TD
Long
Avg/G

Smith also didn't really start playing significantly until the latter half of the season. I don't know if he even got a carry in the first NDSU game in week 6.

POD Knows
October 12th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Smith also didn't really start playing significantly until the latter half of the season. I don't know if he even got a carry in the first NDSU game in week 6.

171 yards in 13 carries, the read option ate us up.

Bisonator
October 12th, 2016, 10:20 AM
171 yards in 13 carries, the read option ate us up.
He was referring to Tyvis Smith.

POD Knows
October 12th, 2016, 10:40 AM
He was referring to Tyvis Smith.

Yep, looked at the pic and didn't see the name, my bad.

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2016, 12:28 PM

Possible. What team on our schedule has a fearsome pass defense though? Not UNI, maybe YSU? Not Ill St far as I can tell. USeD defense is less than stellar. Even NDSU has a suspect secondary.

I would put TCU in the category of a decent defense if they were FCS. The only team that's outperformed the Jacks offense against them has been Oklahoma.

WestRiverBison
October 12th, 2016, 03:39 PM
#buttTCU

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2016, 03:46 PM
#buttTCU

#buttIowa #buttEWU #buttourcenterwassuspended #buttlastyear #buttrungame

POD Knows
October 12th, 2016, 03:48 PM

#buttnicksburgers

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2016, 03:48 PM
#buttnicksburgers

There is nothing butt like about Nicks burgers sir xcoffeex

Twentysix
October 12th, 2016, 03:49 PM

Hashtag buttX only works if you lost.

#butNDSU would work for Iowa, it doesn't work the other way around.

The meme necessitates you draw your strength from a loss ;)

If you wanted to do #butCornFedCheerleaders I'd allow it.

POD Knows
October 12th, 2016, 03:50 PM
There is nothing butt like about Nicks burgers sir xcoffeex

I am going to Brookings in a couple weeks, I am going to gorge myself on those bad boys

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2016, 04:25 PM
I am going to Brookings in a couple weeks, I am going to gorge myself on those bad boys

A wise decision

Yotes21
October 12th, 2016, 04:54 PM
They are like George's Pizza, decent unless you are hammered.

BigGoosie13
October 12th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Pshh, everybody and their mother knows that Thai Nachos at Cubby's is where it's at.

POD Knows
October 12th, 2016, 05:14 PM
Pshh, everybody and their mother knows that Thai Nachos at Cubby's is where it's at.

They have decent chizlic

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2016, 06:41 PM

I was always partial to the Italian nachos myself.

CappinHard
October 12th, 2016, 06:45 PM

This right here. Italian nachos are a hidden gem at Cubbys that you can't find anywhere else from what I've seen.

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2016, 06:48 PM
This right here. Italian nachos are a hidden gem at Cubbys that you can't find anywhere else from what I've seen.

I certainly haven't found them anywhere else. Now I have a craving though.

BigGoosie13
October 12th, 2016, 07:06 PM

"Wrong"

-- Donald Trump

Twentysix
October 12th, 2016, 09:25 PM

Old Chicago has italian nachos (idk if they are in the same style, never had cubbys)

Kemo
October 12th, 2016, 09:32 PM

Hmm... I must have missed out on these because I was too busy indulging in 25 cent wings and cheap pitchers of beer through college since I was a "Cubby's U" member (still have the t-shirt as proof).

May I inquire what constitutes as "Italian Nachos?"

POD Knows
October 12th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Hmm... I must have missed out on these because I was too busy indulging in 25 cent wings and cheap pitchers of beer through college since I was a "Cubby's U" member (still have the t-shirt as proof).

I don't know but they have jalapeno peppers, doesn't sound very Italian but they have pretty good food there.

BisonFan02
October 12th, 2016, 09:45 PM
I don't know but they have jalapeno peppers, doesn't sound very Italian but they have pretty good food there.

The Italian line was drawn at jalapeņos and not the fact that they are nachos? xlolx

POD Knows
October 12th, 2016, 10:03 PM
The Italian line was drawn at jalapeņos and not the fact that they are nachos? xlolx

:D Yes, that one blew right by me

Schism55
October 12th, 2016, 10:32 PM

Racial confusion? xlolx

CappinHard
October 12th, 2016, 10:34 PM

Are you ready to be hungry? My mouth is watering typing this...

Italian Nachos @ Cubby's - Chicken or sausage, wonton chips, white cheese sauce, red peppers, jalapenos and black olives topped with marinara and four cheese blend.

The wonton chips are surprisingly good, and with the white cheese sauce mixed with the marinara it hits an italian note in a nacho form (hence italian nachos)... then you hit the spicy notes of peppers and jalapenos... the sausauge it spicy sliced link style sausage that adds an extra kick, but the chicken is good too. As with all nachos, the chips will get soggy if you don't eat them fast enough. If you can't tell already, I highly recommend it. Glad this thread is getting back to what it's good at... food.

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2016, 10:35 PM

Different chips (pita?), mozzarella, Italian sausage, jalapeņos and pizza sauce. They're awesome

PantherRob82
October 12th, 2016, 10:47 PM
I think I had something similar at Joe Sensor's in the Twin Cities.

BisoNick
October 12th, 2016, 10:55 PM
Finally back on topic after some football talk it seems.

BisonFan02
October 12th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Racial confusion? xlolx

Would have also accepted "Wake and Bake: WTF we gots in da fridge?" :D

Schism55
October 12th, 2016, 11:39 PM
Would have also accepted "Wake and Bake: WTF we gots in da fridge?" :D
Haha! Touche'

Kemo
October 13th, 2016, 12:19 AM
Are you ready to be hungry? My mouth is watering typing this...

Italian Nachos @ Cubby's - Chicken or sausage, wonton chips, white cheese sauce, red peppers, jalapenos and black olives topped with marinara and four cheese blend.

The wonton chips are surprisingly good, and with the white cheese sauce mixed with the marinara it hits an italian note in a nacho form (hence italian nachos)... then you hit the spicy notes of peppers and jalapenos... the sausauge it spicy sliced link style sausage that adds an extra kick, but the chicken is good too. As with all nachos, the chips will get soggy if you don't eat them fast enough. If you can't tell already, I highly recommend it. Glad this thread is getting back to what it's good at... food.

Different chips (pita?), mozzarella, Italian sausage, jalapeņos and pizza sauce. They're awesome

That sounds awesome. I'm gonna have to hit that up next time I'm at Cubby's. The combo of cheese and spices should delight my taste buds and confuse the **** out of my digestive system (figuratively and maybe literally xdontknowx).

underdawg
October 13th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Are these teams actually going to meet on the football field--or just at a restaurant

mango433
October 13th, 2016, 08:06 AM

Buffalo chicken nachos are my go to nachos.

CappinHard
October 13th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Are these teams actually going to meet on the football field--or just at a restaurant

Football talk relating to the game is in the marker thread. This is the MVFC thread sponsored by Casey's breakfast pizza.

underdawg
October 13th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Ha-ha! Now i understand---thanx!

ST_Lawson
October 13th, 2016, 09:28 AM

I believe the plan is to obliterate a Pizza Ranch, then go get some takeout from Caseys.

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2016, 09:32 AM
Well, for you Jackrabbit fans looking to drown your sorrows after the game Saturday I'd recommend trying the BBQ Nachos at Spitfire Bar & Grill in West Fargo. You wouldn't think that BBQ sauce and nacho cheese would mix but it is amazing... especially when you add pulled pork or shredded rotisserie chicken on top of it with jalapenos and sour cream.

http://spitfirebarandgrillfargo.com/menu/

neverobeyed
October 13th, 2016, 09:55 AM
I think I had something similar at Joe Sensor's in the Twin Cities.

Sensor's has or had Brisket Nachos, with BBQ sauce, gouda and (of course) bacon.

Also one of the better burgers I have had that had a layer of BBQ brisket on top of the ground beef patty (the brisket stuck in my head and I still want to try the nachos with brisket next time I am there, probably to watch the UNI-NDSU game).

BisonTru
October 13th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Well, for you Jackrabbit fans looking to drown your sorrows after the game Saturday I'd recommend trying the BBQ Nachos at Spitfire Bar & Grill in West Fargo. You wouldn't think that BBQ sauce and nacho cheese would mix but it is amazing... especially when you add pulled pork or shredded rotisserie chicken on top of it with jalapenos and sour cream.

http://spitfirebarandgrillfargo.com/menu/

I'll second this

CappinHard
October 13th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Sensor's has or had Brisket Nachos, with BBQ sauce, gouda and (of course) bacon.

Exactly how much bacon are we talking... xsmiley_wix

Thumper 76
October 13th, 2016, 01:44 PM

They certainly have my attention.

Schism55
October 13th, 2016, 01:45 PM

Also one of the better burgers I have had that had a layer of BBQ brisket on top of the ground beef patty (the brisket stuck in my head and I still want to try the nachos with brisket next time I am there, probably to watch the UNI-NDSU game).
You are correct sir!
I was at the sensors in Bloomington a couple weeks ago and the texas brisket nachos were glorious xdrunkyx

ST_Lawson
October 13th, 2016, 02:50 PM

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/44/4496cc2232b6f5e01d6bef23f634423fcdf11a6f84fd2d1f0f 3bb0700c82d5b6.jpg

Yote 53
October 14th, 2016, 10:31 AM

Too much bacon will ruin your Casey's breakfast pizza, or so I've heard xcrazyx.

ST_Lawson
October 14th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Too much bacon...

I'm sorry, that's not a thing.

POD Knows
October 14th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Too much bacon will ruin your Casey's breakfast pizza, or so I've heard xcrazyx.

Yes, you are correct, all things should be in balance, even bacon.

Bisonator
October 14th, 2016, 11:12 AM

Bacon balanced with more bacon.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-r38uCFCRf24/UTZiOaemGaI/AAAAAAAABn4/49s3irE_0aQ/s1600/Bacon.jpg

Trumpster
October 14th, 2016, 11:19 AM

Balance is a slice of bacon in each hand.

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Balance is a slice of bacon in each hand.

.....ANYONE....WHO STUFFS MO' PIGGY....WHIFF DEY'RE EGGS...........IS JES' CLOGGIN' DUH VESSELS.....YER BODAH.....CAN OWN-LAH EXTRACT NUTRIENTS.....FROM TWO..SLICES.....BRAWK!

Sycamore62
October 14th, 2016, 12:38 PM
.....ANYONE....WHO STUFFS MO' PIGGY....WHIFF DEY'RE EGGS...........IS JES' CLOGGIN' DUH VESSELS.....YER BODAH.....CAN OWN-LAH EXTRACT NUTRIENTS.....FROM TWO..SLICES.....BRAWK!

2 slices would only anger me

POD Knows
October 14th, 2016, 12:41 PM
2 slices would only anger me

Unless they were a half an inch thick.

Schism55
October 14th, 2016, 01:08 PM
http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1012657-bacon-explosion
At the GF's christmas party last year, someone made this.
Only time in my life I've discovered too much bacon :p

ST_Lawson
October 14th, 2016, 03:11 PM
http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1012657-bacon-explosion
At the GF's christmas party last year, someone made this.
Only time in my life I've discovered too much bacon :p

Now that looks good...I could down a few slices of that.

clenz
October 15th, 2016, 10:57 AM
I wrote some words on being a UNI fan and apathy.

http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/apathy-where-do-we-uni-fans-go-from-here/

neverobeyed
October 15th, 2016, 12:11 PM

Started to click to read, but .... whatever.

skinny_uncle
October 15th, 2016, 06:48 PM
An awful lot of close games today in the Valley.

Schism55
October 15th, 2016, 06:55 PM
Zero soft spots in the best fcs conference.
Could we maybe adopt a couple of the 4-5 god awful teams from the Big Sky?

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 07:37 PM

Did you write this while on Casey's breakfast pizza?

ST_Lawson
October 15th, 2016, 09:19 PM
An awful lot of close games today in the Valley.

Yea...if the score holds for ISUr and SIU, there'll have been a 2-point game, 3 3-point games, and a 4-point game. Darn UNI for getting "blown out" by YSU ;)

That's a total margin of 15 points across 5 games.

skinny_uncle
October 15th, 2016, 09:28 PM
Every game in The Valley today decided by 4 points or less.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Yea...if the score holds for ISUr and SIU, there'll have been a 2-point game, 3 3-point games, and a 4-point game. Darn UNI for getting "blown out" by YSU ;)

That's a total margin of 15 points across 5 games.

One word: Meatgrinder

xnodx

or is it 2 words....:D

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 10:03 PM
Did you write this while on Casey's breakfast pizza?

You say that like its a drug :p I don't see it on any federal schedules :p

MSUDuo
October 15th, 2016, 10:03 PM
One word: Meatgrinder

xnodx

or is it 2 words....:D

2 words. It's 2 words. xpeacex

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 10:07 PM
2 words. It's 2 words. xpeacex

In german its one word. Fleischwolf.

clenz
October 15th, 2016, 10:07 PM
I hope MSU shuts the UNI offense out again next week, especially if Bailey is the starter.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2016, 10:12 PM
I hope MSU shuts the UNI offense out again next week, especially if Bailey is the starter.

Legit chance we lose. Never thought I'd say that about MSU this year.

Twentysix
October 15th, 2016, 10:13 PM

MSU looks pretty good to me.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2016, 10:15 PM

You would think the coaches would give the reigns to Dunne for now. See what he can do. Right?

2-4 right now. Probably have to run the table for any shot at the playoffs. Cannot hurt.

clenz
October 15th, 2016, 10:20 PM
You would think the coaches would give the reigns to Dunne for now. See what he can do. Right?

2-4 right now. Probably have to run the table for any shot at the playoffs. Cannot hurt.

"Coaches" is farley.

"Coaches" made it sound like Bailey will play next week again because Dunne was just a failed experiment to get a spark tonight.

ValleyTalk
October 15th, 2016, 11:06 PM
5 conference games today decided by 15 points combined. Exciting day in the Valley.

Daved
October 15th, 2016, 11:27 PM
Think we completed more passes to UNI tonite then we did our own team.xcoffeex

JayJ79
October 15th, 2016, 11:46 PM
Think we completed more passes to UNI tonite then we did our own team.xcoffeex

Why one would even attempt a pass in the situation that resulted in that last INT is beyond me, when YSU's run game was having its way with UNI's totally gassed defense.
Not that it really made any difference with UNI's total lack of offense.

Daved
October 16th, 2016, 12:23 AM
Why one would even attempt a pass in the situation that resulted in that last INT is beyond me, when YSU's run game was having its way with UNI's totally gassed defense.
Not that it really made any difference with UNI's total lack of offense.Thats exactly what everyone in the stands were saying---but as usual logic seems to get thrown out the window everytime we play UNI.

Redbird007
October 16th, 2016, 12:50 AM
wild weekend in the MVFC...given weekend results maybe Redbirds more of a soli d team (though not good) vs being awful as I thought they were going into this weekend? Sucks to be thankful your team is not awful. That said ISU could have some of their toughest games ahead?

Twentysix
October 16th, 2016, 02:11 AM
Week 7 Standings

TEAM
CONF
OVR

1. Youngstown State
3-0
5-1

1. South Dakota State
3-0
4-2

3. North Dakota State
2-1
5-1

3. Western Illinois
2-1
5-1

3. South Dakota
2-1
3-3

6. Missouri State
1-2
3-3

6. Northern Iowa
1-2
2-4

8. Indiana State
1-3
3-4

8. Illinois State
1-3
3-4

10. Southern Illinois
0-3
2-4

MSUDuo
October 16th, 2016, 09:16 AM

Hasn't happened since 1998 (in the UNIDome). Sure, why not this year!

If I didn't have a wedding shower for one of my best friends on Saturday I would look to go. Only a 7 hour drive.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Hasn't happened since 1998 (in the UNIDome). Sure, why not this year!

If I didn't have a wedding shower for one of my best friends on Saturday I would look to go. Only a 7 hour drive.

Plenty of tickets I'm sure. xlolx

NDSUtk
October 16th, 2016, 05:10 PM
October 22nd weekend will be interesting for the MVFC. 1&2 in the conference and 3&4 playing each other. The loser of NDSU and Western Illinois is basically eliminated from winning the conference title.

If Youngstown wins, they have to be in discussion for a Top 5 team in my opinion. No losses to FCS if that happens.

And can USD and Missouri State pull out wins to keep their turn around seasons going?

Going to be a fun weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Twentysix
October 16th, 2016, 07:24 PM
October 22nd weekend will be interesting for the MVFC. 1&2 in the conference and 3&4 playing each other. The loser of NDSU and Western Illinois is basically eliminated from winning the conference title.

If Youngstown wins, they have to be in discussion for a Top 5 team in my opinion. No losses to FCS if that happens.

And can USD and Missouri State pull out wins to keep their turn around seasons going?

Going to be a fun weekend.

Its actually 1 and 1 and 3 and 3. After this weekend there will probably be a three way tie for 2nd place.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2016, 07:32 PM
My guess on the standings after week 8

TEAM
CONF
OVR

1. South Dakota State
4-0
5-2

2. North Dakota State
3-1
6-1

2. Youngstown State
3-1
5-2

2. South Dakota
3-1
4-3

5. Western Illinois
2-2
5-2

5. Missouri State
2-2
4-3

7. Southern Illinois
1-3
3-4

7. Northern Iowa
1-3
2-5

9. Illinois State
1-4
3-5

9. Indiana State
1-4
3-5

NDSUtk
October 16th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Its actually 1 and 1 and 3 and 3. After this weekend there will probably be a three way tie for 2nd place.
Valid point as they don't break conference standings based on overall record. In my mind, I do break them :)

NDSUtk
October 16th, 2016, 08:22 PM
Youngstown fans - what's your QB situation after the game against UNI? Any word on extent of injuries?

JayJ79
October 17th, 2016, 12:26 AM
Valid point as they don't break conference standings based on overall record. In my mind, I do break them :)

that would be a dumb way to tiebreak, considering the vast variance of difficulty of OOC scheduling.

penguinpower
October 17th, 2016, 05:06 AM
Youngstown fans - what's your QB situation after the game against UNI? Any word on extent of injuries?

No word on the starter but I think he has broken ribs. Back up #2 out for season with broken collarbone. They told him he may never play again as they have to add steel plates in several places. Unbelievably he played the remainder of the series (and I think he threw a pick) and attempted throws that were no good. I expect to see the 3rd string QB this weekend but who knows... They won't talk about the nature of the starters injuries

The Yo Show
October 17th, 2016, 05:34 AM
Penguin power is spot on. Expect the 3rd string qb in with no expectation that Ricky is good to play this week. I don't think we have a backup for the 3rd string either so they are going to have to figure that out this week. I want YSU to win of course, but a game at sdsu, on hobo day, with 3rd string qb is going to be tough for YSU. Still rooting for my guins of course but it is a tall order

NDSUtk
October 17th, 2016, 06:52 AM
No word on the starter but I think he has broken ribs. Back up #2 out for season with broken collarbone. They told him he may never play again as they have to add steel plates in several places. Unbelievably he played the remainder of the series (and I think he threw a pick) and attempted throws that were no good. I expect to see the 3rd string QB this weekend but who knows... They won't talk about the nature of the starters injuries
Damn. That's tough. Never good to see injuries, especially the type that may end careers. Good luck this weekend. We won't mind if you beat SDSU.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2016, 12:19 PM
http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/ags-gotw-week-7-part-2-the-dakota-marker-south-dakota-state-at-north-dakota-state/

Thumper 76
October 17th, 2016, 12:42 PM
http://thefcswedge.com/mvfc/ags-gotw-week-7-part-2-the-dakota-marker-south-dakota-state-at-north-dakota-state/

Great job on this

MSUDuo
October 17th, 2016, 12:43 PM

I'm going to faint...

Can't believe people are picking the Bears to beat UNI in CF.

clenz
October 17th, 2016, 12:46 PM
If MSU doesn't win by at least 9 it's a massive failure on their part

MSUDuo
October 17th, 2016, 02:23 PM

Yes, if a team doesn't beat a perennial power at their place (where they haven't won since 1998) by at least 9 it's a "massive failure".

I would say it is going to be harder without the home crowd to come back against a good team (if we find ourselves down) while on the road but we didn't exactly have a home crowd during our comeback last week either...

Whether if we find a way to win by 1 or 100, even against a down UNI, it would be a huge win for the program. The kind of win that Stec is looking for to solidify the improvement.

dewey
October 17th, 2016, 03:24 PM

Good job on the write up. You are completely right on NDSU. The sky is not falling. IMHO if NDSU wins out and finishes 10-1 they will be a top 2 seed for the playoffs.

Dewey

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Good job on the write up. You are completely right on NDSU. The sky is not falling. IMHO if NDSU wins out and finishes 10-1 they will be a top 2 seed for the playoffs.

Dewey

Most telling stat for me was that Stick was the leading rusher and no one else did much.

neverobeyed
October 17th, 2016, 04:06 PM

Yes, if a team doesn't beat a perennial power at their place (where they haven't won since 1998) by at least 9 it's a "massive failure".

I would say it is going to be harder without the home crowd to come back against a good team (if we find ourselves down) while on the road but we didn't exactly have a home crowd during our comeback last week either...

Whether if we find a way to win by 1 or 100, even against a down UNI, it would be a huge win for the program. The kind of win that Stec is looking for to solidify the improvement.

This is not the UNI of 1998 or 2005 or even 2014. This is the UNI of 2016 and perennial has nothing to do with it. The defensive front seven is fantastic, weaker in the secondary. In fact, the defense had more yard in the second half against YSU than the offense ... scored more points, too.