PDA

View Full Version : MVFC 2016 Edition

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

The Yo Show
June 14th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Agreed. You're right, the NCAA regulations and all the stuff going on wouldn't let a big time site like Yahoo or anyone do it... heck, you run the risk of being sued even if someone relatively unknown is doing it. Its a shame. I would play the hell out of some fantasy college football.

clenz
June 14th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Agreed. You're right, the NCAA regulations and all the stuff going on wouldn't let a big time site like Yahoo or anyone do it... heck, you run the risk of being sued even if someone relatively unknown is doing it. Its a shame. I would play the hell out of some fantasy college football.
I have enough on my plate already, but I'm tempted to set up a MVFC fantasy thing.

I already have the formulas in sheets.

It would have to be a very limited transaction league...or even a "daily" league would be better. Most total points at the end of the season wins.

That wouldn't take long to set up. I could create a bunch of forms and give edit access.

I'll ponder how much time I want to put into it. In the mean time, who would be interested in that?

You get to take 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE...I don't know how to work a defense just yet but lets pretend a defense.

BisonTru
June 14th, 2016, 12:13 PM
I have enough on my plate already, but I'm tempted to set up a MVFC fantasy thing.

I already have the formulas in sheets.

It would have to be a very limited transaction league...or even a "daily" league would be better. Most total points at the end of the season wins.

That wouldn't take long to set up. I could create a bunch of forms and give edit access.

I'll ponder how much time I want to put into it. In the mean time, who would be interested in that?

You get to take 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE...I don't know how to work a defense just yet but lets pretend a defense.

I'd be in.

For defense, I would consider doing a DL, LB, and CB/S position. It would add some more work to it on your end tho. If you do get it all set up, I'd be willing to enter some stats/results during the season if that would help you out.

clenz
June 14th, 2016, 12:17 PM
I'd be in.

For defense, I would consider doing a DL, LB, and CB/S position. It would add some more work to it on your end tho. If you do get it all set up, I'd be willing to enter some stats/results during the season if that would help you out.
Breaking it out by positions might not actually add work.

Like I said, I'd create a "book" for each person playing and have the formulas preloaded for every week and position. It'd be a matter of creating a master sheet to build from. Positions would be easier than a total defense. I'd make it so the person could enter their own stats for their team.....potentially.

I'll do some playing. I'm now intrigued.

The Yo Show
June 14th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Oh man! I would be in! I would help out if you wanted too. Not sure what I could do / what would be asked of me, but I would try to help out. This would be epic! xlolx

BisonFan02
June 14th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Breaking it out by positions might not actually add work.

Like I said, I'd create a "book" for each person playing and have the formulas preloaded for every week and position. It'd be a matter of creating a master sheet to build from. Positions would be easier than a total defense. I'd make it so the person could enter their own stats for their team.....potentially.

I'll do some playing. I'm now intrigued.

I'd be in.....and I would win. :D

clenz
June 14th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Oh man! I would be in! I would help out if you wanted too. Not sure what I could do / what would be asked of me, but I would try to help out. This would be epic! xlolx
I may take you up on that, if only to be the stat inputter each week to lighten that load off of me.

How much have you don in google docs? Not that this needs a ton of knowledge of docs.

The Yo Show
June 14th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Limited experience with google docs. I've used them, and I even created a google docs spreadsheet to automate something at my old work, but I've not touched google docs spreadsheet in over a year.

clenz
June 14th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Limited experience with google docs. I've used them, and I even created a google docs spreadsheet to automate something at my old work, but I've not touched google docs spreadsheet in over a year.
You'll probably still be fine. I'll do all the "hard" work on it.

Once I get it up and running we'll do some testing on it with you.

So...sounds like fantasy MVFC is a go...

BisonFan02
June 14th, 2016, 01:00 PM

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/yTG0R.gif

The Yo Show
June 14th, 2016, 01:18 PM

Awesome! Super stoked about this xthumbsupx

clenz
June 14th, 2016, 01:18 PM
Right now here's the basic scoring I'm going with - It will all be fractional to avoid ties though. So you'll get .1 points per carry for your running backs. .05 points per yard rushing

1 point per 10 carries - .1 per carry
1 point per 20 yards rushing - .05 per yard
1 point per 10 completions - .1 per completion
1 point per 100 yards passing - .01 per yard
1 point per 5 receptions - .2 per completion
1 point per 20 yards receiving - .05 per yard
3 points per TD
.5 point per tackle (since stats count solo and assisted as 1 each...which I hate)
1 point per sack/tfl - lumped category
2 points per interception - 6 bonus points if returned for TD

It will all be fractional to avoid ties though. So you'll get .1 points per carry for your running backs. .05 points per yard rushing
I know it's basic, but right now it's best to be basic and I have the basic structure for that built already.

I know it's low point totals but for now that's how I'm building it because, much like video game makers, I'm just using what I already have and putting a slightly new skin on it.

As a reference for rushing totals:
King Frazier would have been worth 112.8 points last season
Aaron Bailey would have been worth 149.4 on the ground

So Bailey passing the ball was only worth 67.66 passing the ball, but was, as far as I've gotten so far, the best ground performer by a mile. I have one more guy who plays RB who might be close to him, but I believe Fraizer would be second, and the top RB.

Bailey was worth 217.06 points last season. I have done no other math with combing numbers but I don't think any returning player comes close...and I'm not sure any player last year comes close. Ianotti would be the only one. I'll run his numbers at some point to check

BisonTru
June 14th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Right now here's the basic scoring I'm going with - It will all be fractional to avoid ties though. So you'll get .1 points per carry for your running backs. .05 points per yard rushing

1 point per 10 carries - .1 per carry

Just my 2 cents, but I'm not a fan of rewarding points for simply securing a hand off. I'd also lower the passing yards to 50 yards a point. Either way put it together how ever you want, just a couple of my thoughts.

BisonFan02
June 14th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Just my 2 cents, but I'm not a fan of rewarding points for simply securing a hand off. I'd also lower the passing yards to 50 yards a point. Either way put it together how ever you want, just a couple of my thoughts.

This. I also think you should live within xxx # of miles of a Casey's to play. :D

Obviously kidding....I imagine the first season would be alot of trial/error and the scoring would be one thing to improve as we went.

clenz
June 14th, 2016, 01:34 PM
The hand off thing is a reward for being a work horse.

My whole system was built around "averages of the upper half of the position" - basically those that you'd consider the upper 1/3rd and then average that out to get your points. I can look at changing it though.

By lowering to 1 point per 50 yards I can't see any QB other than Aaron Bailey ever taken, unless we rule out QB running stats.

clenz
June 14th, 2016, 01:36 PM
Since there were replied before I finished my update

As a reference for rushing totals:
King Frazier would have been worth 112.8 points last season
Aaron Bailey would have been worth 149.4 on the ground

So Bailey passing the ball was only worth 67.66 passing the ball, but was, as far as I've gotten so far, the best ground performer by a mile. I have one more guy who plays RB who might be close to him, but I believe Fraizer would be second, and the top RB.

Bailey was worth 217.06 points last season. I have done no other math with combing numbers but I don't think any returning player comes close...and I'm not sure any player last year comes close. Ianotti would be the only one. I'll run his numbers at some point to check

BisonTru
June 14th, 2016, 01:40 PM
The hand off thing is a reward for being a work horse.

My whole system was built around "averages of the upper half of the position" - basically those that you'd consider the upper 1/3rd and then average that out to get your points. I can look at changing it though.

By lowering to 1 point per 50 yards I can't see any QB other than Aaron Bailey ever taken, unless we rule out QB running stats.

Typically you score rushing and passing stats the same regardless of position. Your initial setup would heavily favor running quarterbacks in that format.

clenz
June 14th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Typically you score rushing and passing stats the same regardless of position. Your initial setup would heavily favor running quarterbacks in that format.
I've literally never seen the points be the same for passing yard as rushing yards in any fantasy league. I play 3 or 4 a year and have been for about 15 years

It's also the college game. Running QB's are heavily favored over passing QB's in general.

BisonTru
June 14th, 2016, 01:55 PM
I've literally never seen the points be the same for passing yard as rushing yards in any fantasy league. I play 3 or 4 a year and have been for about 15 years

It's also the college game. Running QB's are heavily favored over passing QB's in general.

My bad I think I explained that wrong. My point is/was you score rushing stats the same regardless of position which I think you are doing. My point is if you add points to passing stats it will make quarterbacks that pass more, more valuable.

clenz
June 14th, 2016, 01:59 PM
My bad I think I explained that wrong. My point is/was you score rushing stats the same regardless of position which I think you are doing. My point is if you add points to passing stats it will make quarterbacks that pass more, more valuable.
Which is why I left the option to leave running stats for QBs out.

I had no plan to add rushing stats to passing stats and then calculate it.

The two set ups wold have been

QB
RB
RB
QB rushing stats

OR

QB - passing only
RB
RB

BisonTru
June 14th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Which is why I left the option to leave running stats for QBs out.

I had no plan to add rushing stats to passing stats and then calculate it.

The two set ups wold have been

QB
RB
RB
QB rushing stats

OR

QB - passing only
RB
RB

If you leave rushing stats equal for both running backs and quarterbacks and lower passing points to 1 per 30 yards, Norvell and Bailey would both average around a little over 8 points for both passing and rushing yardage combined. Now, that setup would heavily favor quarterbacks in general as well as they would probably score much more than other positions. I would look to setup quarterbacks so that a heavy pocket passer and a dual threat scores come out similar.

ST_Lawson
June 14th, 2016, 03:00 PM
I may take you up on that, if only to be the stat inputter each week to lighten that load off of me.

How much have you don in google docs? Not that this needs a ton of knowledge of docs.

I'd be willing to lend a hand as well. I use google docs on a daily basis and regularly use their spreadsheets to analyze our team's make-up (as in...how many seniors are we going to have at D-line, what percentage of the offence are freshmen, etc.), track attendance vs W/L record, etc. Your programming skills are a bit more advanced than mine, but I could at least give you a hand with entering data as well.

TheKingpin28
June 14th, 2016, 09:22 PM
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/yTG0R.gif

Oh this!

AmsterBison
June 15th, 2016, 08:34 AM
Indiana State can go screw themselves with how they list their stats on their webpage.

Also, if I had time to run something like this during the season I have a damn good start on a college football fantasy scoring system.

All stats reporting sucks.

If I were going to try to compile football statitiscs, I think that I'd go the NCAA statistics page.

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport_code=MFB&division=12

UNIFanSince1983
June 15th, 2016, 09:01 AM
The hardest part about stats is gathering them together. I have yet to find a site with an API to connect into. They make it quite difficult to use scraping techniques to gather them (although not impossible).

I actually had a project I wanted to do, and I thought hey maybe I can see what STATS Inc. charges just for weekly D1 football scores. Turns out the 20k they wanted was quite a bit more than I can afford to spend on a hobby project.

clenz
June 15th, 2016, 09:05 AM
All stats reporting sucks.

If I were going to try to compile football statitiscs, I think that I'd go the NCAA statistics page.

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport_code=MFB&division=12
For what I'm doing all MVFC schools offer an HTML version of stats.

Indiana State only offers a PDF.

Thus copy/paste is not an option

It's print this

http://www.gosycamores.com/pdf9/3793606.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=15200

Go through and highlight the players/stats I want and then manually enter all stats

- - - Updated - - -

The hardest part about stats is gathering them together. I have yet to find a site with an API to connect into. They make it quite difficult to use scraping techniques to gather them (although not impossible).

I actually had a project I wanted to do, and I thought hey maybe I can see what STATS Inc. charges just for weekly D1 football scores. Turns out the 20k they wanted was quite a bit more than I can afford to spend on a hobby project.
For this fantasy thing if I've got myself, yo show and lawson on it we should be pretty good to go.

centennial
June 15th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Ahem... I write web, hybrid applications for a living.

*Shows himself out*

Mayville Bison
June 15th, 2016, 11:01 AM
For this fantasy thing if I've got myself, yo show and lawson on it we should be pretty good to go.

If you still have spots available, I'd love to be a part! Also, if you have at least a 10 team league, why not just have one person dedicated for each team's stats entry? This would cut the amount of work you'd do. Or you could dedicate a few to double-checking stats entered. Lots of options if manual is the process you have to do.

I'm an excel guy, but gdocs can't be that much different when writing macros, vlookups, etc, so if you need help, let me know!

clenz
June 15th, 2016, 11:03 AM
If you still have spots available, I'd love to be a part! Also, if you have at least a 10 team league, why not just have one person dedicated for each team's stats entry? This would cut the amount of work you'd do. Or you could dedicate a few to double-checking stats entered. Lots of options if manual is the process you have to do.

I'm an excel guy, but gdocs can't be that much different when writing macros, vlookups, etc, so if you need help, let me know!
You're in.

If we get enough guys I'd be all for a season long add/drop style set up.

If I get 3 or 4 "mods" to access the sheet and edit/input stats and rosters it'd be perfect.

I'm also considering a limit of players from each team. Can't load up on one teams players.

- - - Updated - - -

Ahem... I write web, hybrid applications for a living.

*Shows himself out*
Can you build a fantasy website?

Mayville Bison
June 15th, 2016, 11:07 AM
You're in.

If I get 3 or 4 "mods" to access the sheet and edit/input stats and rosters it'd be perfect.

I'm also considering a limit of players from each team. Can't load up on one teams players.

Be ready for defensive players to be mainly USD and MSU players, haha

clenz
June 15th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Be ready for defensive players to be mainly USD and MSU players, haha
Missouri State has a guy I'd take with a top 2 or 3 defensive pick....even if it wasn't limited by team.

Seriously...Dylan Cole

152 tackles (13.8 per game....15.4 per game in conference play)
6.6 solo tackles per game (lead conference and 5th nationally)
12 TFL
2.5 sacks

All from the will LB position on the worst defense in the history of the MVFC. He was their only defender.

ST_Lawson
June 15th, 2016, 03:47 PM
You're probably already aware, but the conference does their own html stats (not sure if it's the format you'd need for proper scraping though).
Season total individual stats - http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/confldrs.htm#conf.wi2
In-conference-only individual stats - http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/confonly.htm#conf.wi2

And that's another consideration...conference-only stats? Or do we start it at the start of the season (and does everyone just take everybody from NDSU in "Week 0" since nobody else is playing?). Or maybe we use the first few weeks of non-conference play as a test of the system and go "live" once conference play starts...either 9/24 (when ISUr plays at ISUb) or the next weekend (10/1) when everyone is playing conference games?

clenz
June 15th, 2016, 04:00 PM
Yeah, what I'm looking for is team specific right now. Indiana State's website, like most of their athletic department, is below average.

I'll give them an edge of SIU though as SIU has this weird bar that hovers at the top of the screen no matter how you scroll. It covers all of their links to sports, rosters, stats, scores, etc... making their site completely usless

Going for conference only games is an interesting thought. Teams like UNI and NDSU will play traditional FCS powers/extremely tough OOC schedules while other conference teams will play D2 and weak FCS teams.

ST_Lawson
June 15th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Yeah, what I'm looking for is team specific right now. Indiana State's website, like most of their athletic department, is below average.

I'll give them an edge of SIU though as SIU has this weird bar that hovers at the top of the screen no matter how you scroll. It covers all of their links to sports, rosters, stats, scores, etc... making their site completely usless

Going for conference only games is an interesting thought. Teams like UNI and NDSU will play traditional FCS powers/extremely tough OOC schedules while other conference teams will play D2 and weak FCS teams.

Yea, I've noticed that...SIU's site is just annoying. I do a preview of each game over at our own board every week and I go to the opponent's site to gather info and data to put together as "opposition research" and always have a tough time with SIU's.

Right...there's a pretty wide range of OOC opponents generally. UNI and NDSU are better teams than MSU, but have tough OOC schedules (as do we and USD, I'd say). MSU is worse, but they're playing an NAIA school...ISUr has the "technically FCS" Valpo...and YSU has their usual slate of NEC teams. Stats could be all over the place.

clenz
June 15th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Those of you who haven't been on SIU's website - the main screen loads okay, but once you go into a subpage it's worthless.

Screen shot

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/1111111_zpss7qapf6w.jpg

That bar that says "home" "sports", etc..? Yeah, that's supposed to be up where that white part is.

Under that bar which floats with your scroll and continues to cover that exact same spot even when page is resized is where you'd find things like "Schedule" "Roster" "stats" "multimedia" etc...

Just a waste of a website. It also navigates very odd compared to every other site. Also, that "I am Brandon Jacobs" video has been there for about 18345 years now. Then again, if my program was as bad as SIU's has been the last years or so I'd keep things like "former players from when we were good" highlighted over current play bios, stories, etc...

Note, if you are real fast with the ESCAPE key, you have about 1/3 of a second once the page loads to press the escape key to keep the page from loading further. That does solve the bar moving issue, but you only get 1/3 of a second to time it right if your lucky or you get to try again.

clenz
June 15th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Side note that's NDSU basketball related.

The "We don't want to play road games at UNI because we don't want to be nomads" schtick takes a hit as NDSU is reportedly playing at.....

drum rolll.....

North Carolina......

A&T

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 15th, 2016, 04:31 PM

The "We don't want to play road games at UNI because we don't want to be nomads" schtick takes a hit as NDSU is reportedly playing at.....

drum rolll.....

North Carolina......

A&T

I think it was a home/home with them. They were in Fargo in November last year.

centennial
June 15th, 2016, 04:35 PM
You're in.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you build a fantasy website?
Yes, as long as no monetization. And limited requirements, don't want it to be a 2nd full time job. Also have no idea about how fantasy football works, never got into it, but would perhaps be interested in a FCS one.

clenz
June 15th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Could be, that's not how Dom Izzo's tweet reads though.xdontknowx

His tweet read "Expect road trip to NC A&T"

If it was a H/H it would be a "there is a" I would think.

clenz
June 15th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Yes, as long as no monetization. And limited requirements, don't want it to be a 2nd full time job. Also have no idea about how fantasy football works, never got into it, but would perhaps be interested in a FCS one.
No money. Requirements? Update your roster every week. Once the season starts no other teams join.

This isn't a shot at you but I don't get the people that think fantasy football takes too much time. It takes me 5-10 minutes on Monday to review my team for the next week and see what moves I want to make. It then takes me maybe 15 minutes the rest of the week to keep abreast of more potential moves. I bet, between all 3 leagues I was in last year, I spent less than 1.5 a week on my teams. I finished 1st, 3rd and 7th (tie breaker kept me from playoffs where I would have won based on how my roster played out). There are people that do put 20 hours a week into it, but that's crazy.

BisonFan02
June 15th, 2016, 04:41 PM

drum rolll.....

North Carolina......

A&T

I think it was a home/home with them. They were in Fargo in November last year.

http://www.gobison.com/news/2015/11/28/MBB_1128151050.aspx

Yup. Phone lines are open....UNI can call anytime to schedule a home/home or whatever. :D Also, who said anything about being road nomads? I want MVC schools on the schedule...road included. /thread drift

clenz
June 15th, 2016, 04:45 PM

Yup. Phone lines are open....UNI can call anytime to schedule a home/home or whatever. :D /thread drift
That link says nothing about it being a home/home.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. Phone lines are open....UNI can call anytime to schedule a home/home or whatever. :D Also, who said anything about being road nomads? I want MVC schools on the schedule...road included. /thread drift
UNI isn't the one bitching about not being able to get games and having to be "nomads".

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 15th, 2016, 04:48 PM

- - - Updated - - -

UNI isn't the one bitching about not being able to get games and having to be "nomads".

I think I heard it was a H/H on Izzo's Saturday morning show sometime early last year.

BisonFan02
June 15th, 2016, 06:06 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Oh totally....it was a "one and done" home guarantee game last year in Fargo against North Carolina A&T....this year it is a "one and done" away game for NDSU on the road at North Carolina A&T. Two totally separate things....you sure got me. :D xlolx

On the second part. You guys keep going to Grand Forks and Brookings....NDSU will keep flying over Cedar Falls.... #anywhereanytime xthumbsupx

clenz
June 15th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Oh totally....it was a "one and done" home guarantee game last year in Fargo against North Carolina A&T....this year it is a "one and done" away game for NDSU on the road at North Carolina A&T. Two totally separate things....you sure got me. :D xlolx

On the second part. You guys keep going to Grand Forks and Brookings....NDSU will keep flying over Cedar Falls.... #anywhereanytime xthumbsupx

UNI buys SDSU to play in Cedar Falls and has an AD full of former UNI AD staffers
UND is Coach Jakes alma mater
NDSU has literally nothing to offer UNI

You keep your home and homes with NCAT and being bought by bigger programs that UNI schedules home and homes with.

Maybe someday we can squeeze you in between SFA, VCU, Iowa State, George Mason, New Mexico, etc...

Feel free to wave on your way to NCAT as you fly over Cedar Falls.

TheKingpin28
June 15th, 2016, 07:27 PM
UNI buys SDSU to play in Cedar Falls and has an AD full of former UNI AD staffers

You keep your home and homes with NCAT and being bought by bigger programs that UNI schedules home and homes with.

Maybe someday we can squeeze you in between SFA, VCU, Iowa State, George Mason, New Mexico, etc...

Acting like basketball is a sport. Now, if you want to talk about a real sport, let's talk about hockey.

The Yo Show
June 15th, 2016, 08:56 PM
Still super stoked regarding this Fantasy league. Is it going to be limited to AGS forum members? And what other limitations are we going to place on who plays (in case we get a HUGE amount of interested players? Not sure how realistic a large demand for this is, but thought I'd ask.

BisonFan02
June 15th, 2016, 09:02 PM

We've noticed. #SummitLeagueFootball :D xlolx

Mayville Bison
June 16th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Those of you who haven't been on SIU's website - the main screen loads okay, but once you go into a subpage it's worthless.

Screen shot

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q340/unipanthers10/1111111_zpss7qapf6w.jpg

That bar that says "home" "sports", etc..? Yeah, that's supposed to be up where that white part is.

Under that bar which floats with your scroll and continues to cover that exact same spot even when page is resized is where you'd find things like "Schedule" "Roster" "stats" "multimedia" etc...

Just a waste of a website. It also navigates very odd compared to every other site. Also, that "I am Brandon Jacobs" video has been there for about 18345 years now. Then again, if my program was as bad as SIU's has been the last years or so I'd keep things like "former players from when we were good" highlighted over current play bios, stories, etc...

Note, if you are real fast with the ESCAPE key, you have about 1/3 of a second once the page loads to press the escape key to keep the page from loading further. That does solve the bar moving issue, but you only get 1/3 of a second to time it right if your lucky or you get to try again.

Not having any of those issues when I use Firefox. Bar stays in it's spot above the football, but below the ad at the top (is your adblocker messing with the webpage?)

clenz
June 16th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Not having any of those issues when I use Firefox. Bar stays in it's spot above the football, but below the ad at the top (is your adblocker messing with the webpage?)
I have the same issues with Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Safari on my work PC, personal PC, wives laptop....

SIU is just returning the hatred I feel for them. It's okay.

Might be an ad block thing, but I'm going to refuse to shut ad block off for any site except AGS...and the only reason I shut it off here is the fact there is no ads (thanks ursus) and it blocks links to the AGS historical poll/playoff/schedule at the top of the page.

Mayville Bison
June 16th, 2016, 08:58 AM
I have the same issues with Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Safari on my work PC, personal PC, wives laptop....

SIU is just returning the hatred I feel for them. It's okay.

Might be an ad block thing, but I'm going to refuse to shut ad block off for any site except AGS...and the only reason I shut it off here is the fact there is no ads (thanks ursus) and it blocks links to the AGS historical poll/playoff/schedule at the top of the page.

With IE and Edge, it starts the way you show, but when the ad pops up at the top, it auto-fixes it for me.

SIU obviously hates you

clenz
June 16th, 2016, 09:02 AM
With IE and Edge, it starts the way you show, but when the ad pops up at the top, it auto-fixes it for me.

SIU obviously hates you
I'm perfectly okay with that.

The less interaction with SIU I have, the better.

Houndawg
June 16th, 2016, 12:35 PM
I'm perfectly okay with that.

The less interaction with SIU I have, the better.

xbawlingx

Strong in this one is the butthurt, obi-wan..

centennial
June 18th, 2016, 12:19 PM
No money. Requirements? Update your roster every week. Once the season starts no other teams join.

This isn't a shot at you but I don't get the people that think fantasy football takes too much time. It takes me 5-10 minutes on Monday to review my team for the next week and see what moves I want to make. It then takes me maybe 15 minutes the rest of the week to keep abreast of more potential moves. I bet, between all 3 leagues I was in last year, I spent less than 1.5 a week on my teams. I finished 1st, 3rd and 7th (tie breaker kept me from playoffs where I would have won based on how my roster played out). There are people that do put 20 hours a week into it, but that's crazy.
Anything else? I could write something like that quickly. Main concern is where does the data come from? Lot of work to maintain something like that without an API.

clenz
June 27th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Illinois State OC, Kurt Bethard, has resigned.

So, not only does Illinois State lose nearly 100% of it's offense, it loses it's OC.....just before camp

He has a daughter that's a SR in HS this year and a son that is a starting B10 QB....

UNIFanSince1983
June 27th, 2016, 08:39 AM

So, not only does Illinois State lose nearly 100% of it's offense, it loses it's OC.....just before camp

He has a daughter that's a SR in HS this year and a son that is a starting B10 QB....

According to the ISUr site he only has 3 daughters...

clenz
June 27th, 2016, 08:40 AM
According to the ISUr site he only has 3 daughters...
Got mixed up.

Nephew.

UNIFanSince1983
June 27th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Got mixed up.

Nephew.

Either way strange time for him to be leaving, and not great news for ISUr at all.

Bisonator
June 27th, 2016, 11:37 AM

Why is he resigning?

clenz
June 27th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Why is he resigning?
Spend time being a dad was his reason.

Wanted to be more present with his family back in TN.

Bisonator
June 27th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Spend time being a dad was his reason.

Wanted to be more present with his family back in TN.

Timing seems weird but good for him.

clenz
June 27th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Timing seems weird but good for him.
Real weird, but with a one daughter going to be a senior, probably got to spend time with her the last month or so and the thought of spending all of her senior year away from her probably hit home at that point.

I don't know if she's the oldest or youngest, but either way it'd be tough as a parent to have your kid a senior in TN and you in IL coaching. Never getting home. So busy you probably don't get much skype/facetime with them.

I get it, but timing is odd.

This article also says "family health reasons" http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/06/16/illinois-state-offensive-coordinator-billy-dicken-kurt-beathard-resigns

Could be physical health or just emotional not being home health.

clenz
June 27th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Quote from him

"I'm going back to being a husband and a dad," Beathard said Thursday. "I've been six and a half years away from my family, and my youngest daughter is going to be a senior in high school. It was hard at home. I signed up to be a dad and husband first."

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/beathard-steps-down-as-isu-offensive-coordinator/article_b8c50a0e-8030-59b7-9c94-6fbfbea47539.html

clenz
June 27th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Guys...

WIU, if the new coach doesn't suck, could be really good.

I took a few days off of my returning fantasy thing...back at it and...WIU...I mean...

wow

clenz
June 27th, 2016, 02:49 PM
WIU returns 100% of their passing yards
All but 8 receptions (one with 7 catches and one with 1)
Do lose Niko Watson but have about 700 yards coming bck
Defense returns it's it's top 4 guys and 5 of 6 guys to record at least 50 tackles...

Don't have final numbers yet...but....oh my. Paper looks good for the Necks.

F'N Hawks
June 27th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Defense returns it's it's top 4 guys and 5 of 6 guys to record at least 50 tackles...

They lost the best coach ever, though. Tough to put in a matrix.

clenz
June 27th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Butt out, stooge

clenz
June 27th, 2016, 03:18 PM
2 teams left to input but here is where we stand on my returning fantasy points

Bitch all you want about "this many points per this category" all you want, every team is factored using the same formula, so I can alter it all I want but the totals are going to stay proportionally the same unless you come up with a rigged system to fit your team....

This takes literally nothing except:
Rushing - carries, yards, TD
Passing - comp, yards, td
Recieving - rec, yds, td
Def - tackles, sacks, int

Nothing, outside of scaling those totals down, is considered. Coaching changes, incoming transfers, incoming freshman, redshirts, nothing.

Team
Rushing
Passing
Recieving
Defense
Total

Western Illinois

South Dakota State

North Dakota State

Northern Iowa

Southern Illinois

Missouri State

Illinois State

South Dakota

Indiana State

Youngstown State

BisonFan02
June 27th, 2016, 03:36 PM
2 teams left to input but here is where we stand on my returning fantasy points

Bitch all you want about "this many points per this category" all you want, every team is factored using the same formula, so I can alter it all I want but the totals are going to stay proportionally the same unless you come up with a rigged system to fit your team....

This takes literally nothing except:
Rushing - carries, yards, TD
Passing - comp, yards, td
Recieving - rec, yds, td
Def - tackles, sacks, int

Team
Rushing
Passing
Recieving
Defense
Total

Western Illinois

South Dakota State

North Dakota State

Northern Iowa

Southern Illinois

Missouri State

Illinois State

South Dakota

Indiana State

Youngstown State

Pack it in Bison fans....season's ****ing over. :D xlolx

clenz
June 27th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Pack it in Bison fans....season's ****ing over. :D xlolx
Kind of what I thought with UNI.

Hell, SIU and MSU have better defenses coming back than UNI...xlolx

This is just a fun exercise for discussion I'm doing...plus setting up a fantasy league for here.

It's also fun to see what the "paper" shows vs what the actual thing is.

Oh...can't wait for NDSU fans to not look at this the way it's set up and bitch about it as well.

Hell, I put the letters "N" "D" "S" "U" into a tweet and people who don't follow me from the NDSU contingent start coming after me as "not being able to keep them out of my mouth", "being jealous", etc...

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
June 27th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Guys...

WIU, if the new coach doesn't suck, could be really good.

I took a few days off of my returning fantasy thing...back at it and...WIU...I mean...

wow

I don't think it's that surprising if they have a good year. A team that seems to be the dark horse every year should no longer be the dark horse. (Unless we just assume they'll be crap with a good roster like YSU and SIU seem to pull off) Add in all of that experience and of coming off one of the toughest schedules in the FCS and they should be pretty tough.

clenz
June 27th, 2016, 04:23 PM
I don't think it's that surprising if they have a good year. A team that seems to be the dark horse every year should no longer be the dark horse. (Unless we just assume they'll be crap with a good roster like YSU and SIU seem to pull off) Add in all of that experience and of coming off one of the toughest schedules in the FCS and they should be pretty tough.
They return, stat and player wise, nearly 100% of last years roster.

Now, they were a 6-5 team, but showed flashes. They need to be much more consistent, but holy **** I'm impressed with what they have back

- - - Updated - - -

YSU added

Team
Rushing
Passing
Receiving
Defense
Total

Western Illinois

South Dakota State

North Dakota State

Northern Iowa

Youngstown State

Southern Illinois

Missouri State

Illinois State

South Dakota

Indiana State

Interesting to see UNI with, supposedly, the second worst defense in the conference.

clenz
June 27th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Indiana State not done yet...but.

Here is the returning fantasy top 30 on offense - passing, rushing, and receiving points combined

Aaron Bailey
UNI

Easton Stick
NDSU

Norvell, Trenton
WIU

Wells, Hunter
YSU

Zach Lujan
SDSU

Anthony Warrum
ILSU

King Frazier
NDSU

Taryn Christion
SDSU

McGuire, Sean
WIU

Jake Wieneke
SDSU

Webb, Jody
YSU

Tyvis Smith
UNI

Brady Mengarelli
SDSU

Lenoir, Lance
WIU

Chase Morlock
NDSU

Isom, Daquan
SIU

Ruiz, Martin
YSU

Smith, Stacey
WIU

Kyle Paris
SDSU

Reed, Billy
SIU

RJ Urzendowski
NDSU

Jones, Jimmy
SIU

Borsellino, Joey
WIU

Bouma,Trevor
USD

Fredrick,M.
USD

Darrius Shepherd
NDSU

Van Roekel,B.
USD

Daurice Fountain
UNI

Brodie Lambert
MSU

Michael Malloy
UNI

interesting to note, that the bias of rushing QB doesn't actually exist like thought it would. Only Aaron Bailey has an extreme number of points, but to argue he wouldn't be the best "fantasy player" in the MVFC would be silly. You truly had to be a running back on top of your QB stats for it to make a difference. Bailey by far lead all rushing numbers and was actually 3rd to only Norvell and Lujan in passing points. He was essentially even with Lujan (I think the difference was completions) and Behind Norvell only on yards - Norvell had a ton of big plays and threw the ball twice a much.

clenz
June 27th, 2016, 05:01 PM
Note - I see an error with WIU and Sean McGuire.

That will have a pretty big impact on team offense score...will update that tonight or tomorrow...maybe get Indiana State started

BisonTru
June 27th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Clenz, can you break down those individual fantasy stats by game? I know Stick, Norvell, Lujan, and Christian all played a handful fewer games than Bailey.

clenz
June 28th, 2016, 05:47 AM
Clenz, can you break down those individual fantasy stats by game? I know Stick, Norvell, Lujan, and Christian all played a handful fewer games than Bailey.

I can do an average by game played, but even that's going to be flawed some.

Bailey split time with Kollmorgen for the first 5 or 6 games of the season. He wasn't the full time QB until after the NDSU game last year. I'll have to do some checking. Same with Tyvis Smith. He wasn't the full time RB until about week 7 or 8. So while they ayes in every game they weren't really the guy at the position.

I'm not doing every player per game but I may do the top couple or top QBs.

ST_Lawson
June 28th, 2016, 09:37 AM

Yea, I'd say we're pretty cautiously optimistic at this point. Things are looking REALLY well with the guys we've got coming back, the recruits and transfers that we're getting, and the way the coaching staff is interacting with the players (as well as the community and the alumni).

Coach Nielson is a good coach (although there were times when we saw him completely out-coached by other MVFC staffs), but he's very "aloof". Many of the players didn't find him very approachable. Coach Fisher is much more personable and seems to be able to get the players really "fired up" and working hard. This translates to a lot more participation in unofficial workouts and much more voluntary time in the weight room. Still remains to be seen how well he does on the sideline when he's the one in charge, but obviously he did well on the offensive side of the ball when he was at Richmond.

As you said, outside of Nikko Watson, we're returning the majority of our offense from last year. We lost some defense, but as you said, the guys who were really playing hard and making tackles...for the most part, they're only going to be Juniors this year. We'll only lose 2 seniors on defense after this coming season going into 2017.

And one other thing. People are listing Norvell as one of the top QBs in the conference (behind Bailey and Stick mostly), but it's looking more and more like he's not even the top QB on our own team. Sean McGuire appears to have won the starting job (at this point) coming out of spring practices and is playing much better than Norvell. He's a little behind Norvell on arm strength, but MUCH better at seeing all of his options, and MUCH better at scrambling when he has to. He's a great leader, carries himself like a Senior, and showed that he could do pretty well in high-pressure situations at the end of last season (as a redshirt freshman). Who knows what will happen during summer training camp, but at this point, it looks like it's McGuire's job to lose.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 28th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Maybe WIU will be barn burners this year but there are always growing pains with a whole new coaching staff.

underdawg
June 29th, 2016, 03:19 AM
5-6 185 pound SIU RB Aaron Stanton

https://twitter.com/ayestant

Twentysix
June 29th, 2016, 08:27 AM
5-6 185 pound SIU RB Aaron Stanton

https://twitter.com/ayestant

Did you intend to link a tweet in particular? If not this post is bizarre as ****.

clenz
June 29th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Did you intend to link a tweet in particular? If not this post is bizarre as ****.
Just showing us yet another transfer

Houndawg
June 30th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Just showing us yet another transfer

He had to go somewhere. You can only play two seasons at juco.xcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 2nd, 2016, 07:32 AM
He had to go somewhere. You can only play two seasons at juco.xcoffeex

Is the new coach going to put more emphasis on the defense?

huskie
July 2nd, 2016, 07:42 AM
My hope is special teams. WIU did have a terrible game against NDST. Coach Fisher wants the WIU team to be more physical, and play like Richmond. Oh ya you beat Richmond. Anyway I predict WIU will be a better team this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 2nd, 2016, 07:44 AM
My hope is special teams. WIU did have a terrible game against NDST. Coach Fisher wants the WIU team to be more physical, and play like Richmond. Oh ya you beat Richmond. Anyway I predict WIU will be a better team this year.

WIU might be but will definitely have some growing pains with a whole new coaching staff.

That WIU/NDSU game last year was a total beat down....not a good indicator of how good WIU was.

huskie
July 2nd, 2016, 07:53 AM
I spoke with Coach Entz after the game and I got the impression he actually felt bad it wasn't more of a game. Can't wait to return to the Fargo Dome in 2017!

I'll always cheer for the MVFC.

Houndawg
July 2nd, 2016, 03:26 PM
Is the new coach going to put more emphasis on the defense?

You'd think so. I know the new dc, Paulson, is a 4-3 guy

underdawg
July 5th, 2016, 08:00 AM
My educated guess on starting D for Salukis:

Safety--Ryan Neal 6-2 185

Safety--Qua' Brown 5'11" 185 three star Frosh

CB--Craig James 5-10 195

CB--Jefferson Vea 6-2 185/CJ Jennings 5-10 189

OLB--Whitney Simon 5-10 215

ILB--Chase Allen 6-3 240

ILB--Kyron Watson 6-0 235

DE--Khari Waithe-Alexander 6-2 255

DE--Dakota Upchurch 6-5 277/ Anthony Knighton 6-5 240 frosh

DT---DeVonte Lee 6-5 268

DT--Shaq Findlate 6-3 271 (two Frosh to back up probably will be 6-0 300 Malik Haynes who had 90 tackles/20 TFL and five sacks in 2015)

clenz
July 5th, 2016, 08:21 AM
I've got previews for the FCS Wedge done on a few teams, going in alphabetical order. I think I'm going to get crushed for my Illinois State take.

What's you're guys take on likely ISUr record?

9/3 v Valparaiso
9/10 @ Northwestern (FBS)
9/17 vs Eastern Illinois
9/24 @ Indiana State
10/1 @ North Dakota State
10/8 vs Youngstown State
10/15 vs Southern Illinois
10/22 @ South Dakota
10/29 vs South Dakota State
11/5 @ Western Illinois
11/12 vs Missouri State

REALBird
July 5th, 2016, 09:39 AM
I've got previews for the FCS Wedge done on a few teams, going in alphabetical order. I think I'm going to get crushed for my Illinois State take.

9/3 v Valparaiso - W
9/10 @ Northwestern (FBS) - L
9/17 vs Eastern Illinois - W
9/24 @ Indiana State - L
10/1 @ North Dakota State - L
10/8 vs Youngstown State - W (Hey, it's Bo. He'll meltdown at some point and piss off the stripes)
10/15 vs Southern Illinois - W
10/22 @ South Dakota - W
10/29 vs South Dakota State - L
11/5 @ Western Illinois - L
11/12 vs Missouri State - W

At best I'd say 6-5, could easily see losing to either or both SIU or YSU at home and going 4-7. Not sold on the QB position even if RB by committee produces a bright spot. DEF should be better with Koucor back in the secondary. But not sure if the DEF Line is going to be solidified until mid-way through the season. LB's look promising, but Ugh! I don't see ISUr being in the top half of the MVFC this year, or just about middle of the pack.

clenz
July 5th, 2016, 09:44 AM
At best I'd say 6-5, could easily see losing to either or both SIU or YSU at home and going 4-7. Not sold on the QB position even if RB by committee produces a bright spot. DEF should be better with Koucor back in the secondary. But not sure if the DEF Line is going to be solidified until mid-way through the season. LB's look promising, but Ugh! I don't see ISUr being in the top half of the MVFC this year, or just about middle of the pack.
Oh.... Check your PM's in a few.

clenz
July 5th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Hey, Craig Haley how do I get on as a STATS contributor?

I'm nearly at 1,100 words for a ILSU preview, nearing 900-1,00 for a Misery State preview....

Only partially joking...xsmiley_wix

Mayville Bison
July 5th, 2016, 10:43 AM

9/3 v Valparaiso W
9/10 @ Northwestern (FBS) L
9/17 vs Eastern Illinois W
9/24 @ Indiana State W
10/1 @ North Dakota State L
10/8 vs Youngstown State L
10/15 vs Southern Illinois W
10/22 @ South Dakota W
10/29 vs South Dakota State L
11/5 @ Western Illinois W
11/12 vs Missouri State W

I think they can get to 7 wins but 6 is more realistic. Not sold on WIU with a new coaching staff coming in. By that point in the season, the new staff could have their legs under them and play a spoiler role. The other potential W's turned to L's are @USD and @ISUb. Both are right before games they know they have to prepare well for if they want a playoff spot, both are on the road, and both are after what should be easy home wins (still not sold on SIU).

So anywhere from 4-7 to 7-4 with my guess at 6.

Bisonator
July 5th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Yeah I'd say 6-5 or 7-4.

clenz
July 5th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Final returner "Fantasy" totals are done.

Projected finish - based entirely on returning stats

WIU

SDSU

NDSU

UNI

YSU

SIU

MSU

ISUR

ISUB

USD

PantherRob82
July 5th, 2016, 02:55 PM

9/3 v Valparaiso
9/10 @ Northwestern (FBS)
9/17 vs Eastern Illinois
9/24 @ Indiana State
10/1 @ North Dakota State
10/8 vs Youngstown State
10/15 vs Southern Illinois
10/22 @ South Dakota
10/29 vs South Dakota State
11/5 @ Western Illinois
11/12 vs Missouri State

6 and 5.

clenz
July 5th, 2016, 03:04 PM
I might not get as crushed as I thought.

clenz
July 5th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Top defenses of 2016 (based on returning stats

WIU

YSU

NDSU

MSU

SIU

ISUR

SDSU

UNI

ISUB

USD

Top returning WR corps

SDSU

SIU

WIU

NDSU

ISUR

UNI

ISUB

USD

YSU

MSU

Top returning run attacks

NDSU

UNI

YSU

SDSU

USD

SIU

ISUB

WIU

MSU

ISUR

Top returning QB production

SDSU

WIU

YSU

UNI

NDSU

MSU

ISUR

USD

ISUB

SIU

Out of the Sycamores .89 qb points returning - .87 of them are from wide receivers...that's not a joke
Man, the QB drop off is real.

BisonFan02
July 5th, 2016, 03:29 PM
I've got ISUr at 6-5....4-4/middle of the road in conference and 2-1 outside. That being said, I could make alot of arguments for 4-7...and likewise getting that 7th win too. Wildcard.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2016, 03:57 PM
I've got ISUr at 6-5....4-4/middle of the road in conference and 2-1 outside. That being said, I could make alot of arguments for 4-7...and likewise getting that 7th win too. Wildcard.

Probably this. Growing pains for ISUr this year IMO.

Thumper 76
July 5th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Probably this. Growing pains for ISUr this year IMO.

This and I'd guess they'll be much better towards the end of the season compared to their start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
July 5th, 2016, 07:51 PM
This and I'd guess they'll be much better towards the end of the season compared to their start.

See....and this is how I think they could go 7-4 if they can get that much better towards the end of the year.

My 7-4 scenario...(see Mayville Bison post...I agree with it)

9/3 v Valparaiso W
9/17 vs Eastern Illinois W
9/24 @ Indiana State W
10/15 vs Southern Illinois W
10/22 @ South Dakota W
11/5 @ Western Illinois W

My "nightmare" 4-7 scenario...if the wheels fall off instead of improve...

9/3 v Valparaiso W
9/17 vs Eastern Illinois W (or L...)
9/24 @ Indiana State L
10/15 vs Southern Illinois L (or W....)
10/22 @ South Dakota W (or L....)
11/5 @ Western Illinois L

That Indiana State game on the road is going to be key....assuming they start 2-1, they could rattle off 3-4 consecutive losses and end up at 2-4 or 2-5 pretty quickly. Games like SIU, USD end up looking like coin flips pretty quick if they were to lose those 3 in a row.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2016, 08:30 PM

I just think w/o Roberson and Coprich, their offense will struggle for awhile.

The Yo Show
July 6th, 2016, 02:16 PM
I predict 6-5 for ISUr. They have an outside chance of being worse or better than this by as much as 1~2 games either way. But that's just my take, who knows. I could be completely wrong come end of season.

clenz
July 6th, 2016, 08:58 PM
Here's what I'm thinking for a scoring for the fantasy league...still open to suggestions but remember without having a dedicated website built to pull stats and input them automatically it will be me (and those who volunteered to help) manually inputting into sheets.

Passing: 1 QB
1 point every 20 yards...will be fractional so it'll break down to .05 points per yard essentially
4 points for a TD pass
-2 points for an INT

Rushing: 2 RB
1 point per 10 yards....will be fractional so it'll break down to .1 points per yard
6 points for a TD
2 bonus points for going over 150 yards

Receiving: 2 WR 1 TE
1 point per 10 yards....will be fractional so it'll break down to .1 points per yard
6 points for a TD
.5 point per reception...I wouldn't hate going full PPR

Defense - Pick 2 DL, 2 LB and 2 DB
.5 point per tackle
1.5 points per sack+TFL
2 points per TO forced (INT+FR)

I know there is concern about the college game and rushing QB's really skewing the totals, mostly because of how dominate Aaron Bailey is in a fantasy sense - top 4 passer and the best runner in the league. I'm open to the idea of a "QB rushing" line where you're QB's rushing stats are taken into account at a reduced rate...say 20 yards instead of 10 for a point.

To avoid everyone loading up on "the best team" I'm thinking a limit of 2 players per team per side of the ball. IOW, you couldn't take Stick, Dunn and Urzendowski on the same team. Nor could you do Bailey, Smith, and a third UNI player...SDSU QB of the week, Wieneke and Mengerelli. Or on defense loading up on UNI/NDSU DL/LBs I'm not opposed to 1 player per team per side of the ball.

It would be run similar to a daily fantasy set up where you pick a new team each week. I also think limiting a players use to 2 or 3 times per player is good. That would also limit a player like Bailey or Wieneke carrying teams through the year with inflated points.

It would be scored on a "total points" for the season. We could have weekly winners, but the overall season winner is who gets the title.

I'll throw some sheets together using last year as a guide to get you an idea of points and how it would look.

Thoughts?

clenz
July 6th, 2016, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure I like the bonus for the rushing. I'm real open to the idea of a third point getter, even if negative, there

BisonTru
July 6th, 2016, 10:02 PM
I think your quarterback scoring looks pretty good. Running your scoring method vs. last year's average game stats Bailey's clearly the front runner that's coming back, but Iannotti and Wentz both would have out scored him if healthy and returning. Which if it can be setup where as a dominate running and a dominate passing quarterback score similarly that would be best.

Also, took a quick look at the running backs. Coprich would have been a clear start every week at the RB position with Watson a solid second. Nobody has a dominant back that eats up all the carries coming back, but if they emerge like Zenner or DJ of the past they would be a must start. It would be interesting to capping the number of games you could start anyone player, but that would be a lot for you and any volunteers to track as well.

clenz
July 6th, 2016, 10:13 PM
So, here is a basic test on it

Quarterback
Yards
Touchdowns
Interceptions
Total

Aaron Bailey

Running Back
Yards
Touchdowns
Bonus
Total

Lance Dunn

Tyvis Smith

Wide Reciever
Yards
Touchdowns
Receptions
Total

Jake Wieneke

Anthony Warrum

Joey Borsellino

QB Rushing
Yards
Touchdowns
Bonus
Total

Aaron Bailey
16.1 standard rushing poitns

Defense
Tackles
Sack+TFL
TO Forced
Total

DL1

DL2

LB1

LB2

DB1

DB2

Total

For reference, I checked QB stats using this set up using QB stats of a pocket style passer that will run for less yards but throw for more (still equal out to about the same yards) and the point difference was minimal. May still be skewed towards a running QB, but I think that's an accurate reflection of the type of weapon a guy like Bailey poses compared to a guy like Jake Kolbe.

Plus, by limiting a guy like Bailey to 2 or 3 uses during the season and the fact everyone would have access to him I think that's the way to go.

clenz
July 6th, 2016, 10:22 PM
Here is a link to the sheet I tested on. You can input the stat totals to play with it to check different scenarios

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19WXG542NqrpTp7Vs2SP_hNtuU4vOXH3YwpndLSeyR1Y/edit?usp=sharing

I should have the "key" columns protected.

UNIFanSince1983
July 7th, 2016, 08:06 AM
I think if you set it up like Daily Fantasy there is a good chance this works. Meaning everyone picks a new team each week, and people can pick the same players as other people.

I am not sure I like the set up of the running QB being hampered because his rushing stats aren't worth as much as a running backs, but I do understand. Otherwise you may end up with every team picking Bailey every week. Plus it does seem to even it out, but let's be honest there will be some weeks when Bailey won't get the stats shown in the "test scenario", and some other QB might light it up for 350 and 5 TDs. So just like any fantasy scenario you have to try and predict the weeks a certain player might go off.

I think the Daily Fantasy type of set up would be the best.

clenz
July 7th, 2016, 08:41 AM
I think if you set it up like Daily Fantasy there is a good chance this works. Meaning everyone picks a new team each week, and people can pick the same players as other people.

I am not sure I like the set up of the running QB being hampered because his rushing stats aren't worth as much as a running backs, but I do understand. Otherwise you may end up with every team picking Bailey every week. Plus it does seem to even it out, but let's be honest there will be some weeks when Bailey won't get the stats shown in the "test scenario", and some other QB might light it up for 350 and 5 TDs. So just like any fantasy scenario you have to try and predict the weeks a certain player might go off.

I think the Daily Fantasy type of set up would be the best.
Agreed. To be honest, I hate the idea of nerfing QB running stats simply because Bailey is so good at running the ball.

Yes, Bailey likely won't have those stats every week, and to tie in a an actual football discussion into the fantasy world, starting with the SDSU game (When he took over the QB job full time) his numbers are actually real damn good. The final 6 regular season games plus two playoff games this was his state line

74-130 (59.9%)
994 yards (125 ypg)
8 TD
1 INT

170 carries (21 per game)
864 yards (108 yards per game....5.14 ypc, and that includes sacks)
15 TD (.53 td per game)

That would be 18.58 points in the current scoring system.

The passing numbers include a game against Missouri State that was 41-0 where UNI ran the ball 63 times (and averaged 7.0 ypc) and threw the ball 15. In that game Bailey ran for 161 yards and 4 TD (8.5 ypc) and Tyvis Smith ran for 143 yards (8.9 ypc). Those numbers also include the playoff game in the monsoon at Portland State. I mean, if we look at numbers for games outside of those two his numbers were

63-104 (60.5%)
902 yards (150.3 ypg)
8 TD
0 INT

125 carries (21 per game)
503 yards (83.83 ypg)
9 TD (1.5 TD per game)

Realistically, and maybe there's some purple shades on here, I see no reason Bailey (with a full offseason of being the guy and a full camp of being the guy) doesn't throw for about 1,900 yards (~170ypg) probably 15ish TD and 5 INT and run for about 1,100 yards with 15-20 TD. He does that and he is run away OPOY this year....and UNI is a true national title contender.

Using his full average that is 18.58 points per game. Using the games without the outliers and it is 24.7 points per game. If we leave running stats being equal it would be 28.9 points per game using his average without the outlier and 27.15 using his full average. Using what I think his numbers could/would be this year it would be 30.9 points per game using the full rushing stats and 26.4 points per game using the nerfed stats. Again, if you take a guy who is a pure passer and going to throw for 250 with 3 TD you're at 24.5 points without any running stats in it. In college, once sacks are out, you're probably grabbing 15-20 yards rushing. It seems to be cutting down Bailey simply to level the playing field for other people in the position that aren't as big play explosive....especially if we are limiting it to using a player twice over the season.

I like the idea of turning the rushing bonus for over 150 yards into a .5 points per carry as well.

Agree on the daily fantasy set up. MVFC pool is took small, and I'm not going to track 10-15 p[layers rosters to make sure people aren't putting the same players in if only one is supposed to have it and all that. Being a "manual" set up and no preset pulling system like ESPN/Yahoo use it's the only way it can be.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 7th, 2016, 08:48 AM
I'm late to this conversation....

Clenz, you putting a Valley fantasy league together?

clenz
July 7th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Yes. For conference play on this first year

The Yo Show
July 8th, 2016, 12:57 AM
Hmm.. I like daily fantasy, but would prefer picking teams with restrictions as to number of players from a certain team or something. Although, I concede a daily format would probably work better in this environment.

UNIFanSince1983
July 8th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Hmm.. I like daily fantasy, but would prefer picking teams with restrictions as to number of players from a certain team or something. Although, I concede a daily format would probably work better in this environment.

I do think that was the goal for this. Daily Fantasy style, but only like 2 people from the same team or something like that. I would have to go back and look at what Clenz said about it.

clenz
July 8th, 2016, 08:30 AM
I do think that was the goal for this. Daily Fantasy style, but only like 2 people from the same team or something like that. I would have to go back and look at what Clenz said about it.Yep, a cleaned up version of the basic rules...minus scoring

1. Daily fantasy style
2. Run only for conference games and since the MVFC starts/ends conference play all on the same weeks it works perfectly.
3. Max 2 players from each team, PER SIDE OF THE BALL, may be on a players roster per week. In theory can have 4 players from one team per week - 2 offense and 2 defense.
4. Use any single player no more than twice per year
5. Total points is used to determine a winner - this is not head to head. Most total points at the end of the year wins.

I think that's about it...

ST_Lawson
July 8th, 2016, 09:56 AM
2. Run only for conference games and since the MVFC starts/ends conference play all on the same weeks it works perfectly.

Not exactly. The ISU's play each other on 9/24 in Terre Haute and both are on byes the last regular weekend of the season (11/19). Everyone else starts on 10/1 and plays through to 11/19.

The Yo Show
July 8th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Dang ISUs throwing a wrench into the works :D

clenz
July 8th, 2016, 02:27 PM
They miss a week of eligibility then. Going forward after this year we may do a full season but this is a beta, so to speak.

ebemiss
July 15th, 2016, 06:48 AM
I can help with this project if you are interested. I started a daily fantasy site to help generate lineups when it was going nuts over the last couple years. Unfortunately I live in NY and the state has shut it down. So I've stopped updating the site daily but the good news is that the site is still active and I think I could help.

The site has the ability to auto-generate a lineup based on player ratings and also allow users to build their own lineups, by selecting a few players, with the algorithm filling up the rest of the lineup.

Initially if you can get all the players rated and put a salary on them I can add them to the database to allow users to build their own weekly lineups. 1 spot for everyone to get the same ratings/salaries.

If this is something that you may be interested in, I can try to get my programmer to allow users to "export" their created lineup to 1 location so they can be manually scored. No promises but I'm sure he can figure out something like that.

I also think I could have him add stipulations for just 2 players per team per offense/defense if that's what you decide.

Here's the lineup builder. Take a look at one of the football leagues (draftkings/fanduel) in the pulldown menu and try it. You'll see what I'm talking about.

http://www.gamedaylineups.com/index.php/component/fantasybld/?Itemid=109

Here's a lineup generator that takes the ratings and builds around "value"

http://www.gamedaylineups.com/index.php/component/fantasy/?Itemid=108

I can probably help in all aspects with the project from housing portion/all of it to helping with player ratings/salary or a spot just for users to generate their weekly lineups.

No worries either way. Just saw this and found it interesting and thought I could help.

Mayville Bison
July 15th, 2016, 09:51 AM
My $.02

I would like the idea of hampering the rushing QBs if it were a draft style league. Since it's a daily league and everyone has access to all the players, we know everyone is picking Bailey twice at some point, so what's the big deal? You just have to figure out which games he's gonna go off and hope you are right. If you really need to hamper the rushing QBs, just have all TDs for them be worth 4 points whether it's passing or rushing.

IBleedYellow
July 17th, 2016, 06:53 PM
I need some pizza.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 17th, 2016, 06:58 PM
I need some pizza.

I have a big ol ribeye on the grill!'
'
xthumbsupx

IBleedYellow
July 17th, 2016, 08:38 PM
I have a big ol ribeye on the grill!'
'
xthumbsupx
Yep. I went with Ribeye and sweet corn on the grill.

Twas much better than pizza.

dewey
July 17th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Yep. I went with Ribeye and sweet corn on the grill.

Twas much better than pizza.

We had top sirloin kabobs and sweet corn. Good stuff. Now to pack for a 3 day work trip to New Orleans. Should be nice and cool....highs in the mid to upper 90's with dew points pushing 70. Well at least I get to go drink some beer and have some fun in a new town to me.

Dewey

Schism55
July 17th, 2016, 10:03 PM
Don't fret fellas, I'm your huckleberry. I got uber baked on this Lemon Kush and ate enough pizza for all of us tonight xlolx

BisonFan02
July 17th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Don't fret fellas, I'm your huckleberry. I got uber baked on this Lemon Kush and ate enough pizza for all of us tonight xlolx

xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
July 19th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Wow, sorry fellers, I don't know how the hell I closed this. Must have thought I was on a countdown thread and shut this down by accident.

clenz
July 19th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Now this it's back open.

I'm through 7 teams for my MVFC Preview for the FCS Wedge/AGS.

I'm averaging about 1,100-1,200 words per team...I was over 800 on freaking Missouri State.

Oh...can't wait for USD fans to read their preview. I've already stocked up on armor

JSUSoutherner
July 19th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Now this it's back open.

I'm averaging about 1,100-1,200 words per team...I was over 800 on freaking Missouri State.

Oh...can't wait for USD fans to read their preview. I've already stocked up on armor

Overachiever.

clenz
July 19th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Overachiever.
I told you that you could do that too if you wanted.

You took the easy way out.

Thumper 76
July 19th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Now this it's back open.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ba1b6b0883f2d92c0c202e6582efe092/tumblr_mwu2o8n45S1qcgzbvo5_250.gif
http://i.imgur.com/nIRsI0d.gif

JSUSoutherner
July 19th, 2016, 01:18 PM
I told you that you could do that too if you wanted.

You took the easy way out.
I can always go back and add. Just say the words.

BisonFan02
July 19th, 2016, 01:20 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/wi8Ez1mwRcKGI/giphy.gif

clenz
July 19th, 2016, 01:46 PM
You do what you want.

I warned you upfront what I was doing and said it wasn't necessary on your part.

UNIFanSince1983
July 21st, 2016, 08:09 AM
There is not enough Casey's Pizza in here right now...

IBleedYellow
July 21st, 2016, 08:54 AM
http://ot-foodspotting-production.s3.amazonaws.com/reviews/464633/thumb_600.jpg?1301580415?1469109210

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/IYQKpfv.jpg

clenz
Had myself a slice this morning

IBleedYellow
http://www.dwightalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/1970/01/JMJ-Caseys-5.jpg

Yote 53
July 21st, 2016, 08:56 AM
Now this it's back open.

Pitchforks are ready. I will bring the hate.

clenz
July 21st, 2016, 08:58 AM
To attempt to slow the build of the storm a head of time

My last paragraph

I can hear the screams from USD fans already. I can already hear the things USD fans on AGS would/will type as a reply: “Something about jealous of Hawkeyes”, “Scared that USD is the sleeping giant coming for UNI”, etc… Settle a bit, USD fans. I see a future at USD that I didn’t with Glenn at the helm. I don’t think you’re MVFC title bound, but I think Nielson can get USD to fighting for a playoff spot,like he did with WIU.

goyotes
July 21st, 2016, 11:15 AM
To attempt to slow the build of the storm a head of time

My last paragraph

As long as you didn't criticize the Casey's in Verm...

Yote 53
July 21st, 2016, 11:23 AM
Casey's delivers in Verm...so we got that going for us.

Yote 53
July 21st, 2016, 11:24 AM
"I see a future at USD that I didn’t with Glenn at the helm. I don’t think you’re MVFC title bound, but I think Nielson can get USD to fighting for a playoff spot,like he did with WIU."

If this is your take, I accept this. It's accurate, IMO.

clenz
July 21st, 2016, 11:32 AM
"I see a future at USD that I didn’t with Glenn at the helm. I don’t think you’re MVFC title bound, but I think Nielson can get USD to fighting for a playoff spot,like he did with WIU."

If this is your take, I accept this. It's accurate, IMO.
It's my long term take, it really is.

Short term, I'm not as high on USD as others might be. There are still issues when it comes to good depth. Talent on the top end is good, just not the depth. Nielson also runs a very different offense than Saeger thrives in, and has been run at USD. Once that gets implemented I like what USD could do.

Something to worry about as a USD fan with Nielson though? Through my research I came across this

Last season the Leatherneck defense ranked below USD in points per game, rushing defense, pass defense, sacks, 1st downs given up, 3rd downs conversion rate, and total defense.

Yote 53
July 21st, 2016, 01:33 PM

Short term, I'm not as high on USD as others might be. There are still issues when it comes to good depth. Talent on the top end is good, just not the depth. Nielson also runs a very different offense than Saeger thrives in, and has been run at USD. Once that gets implemented I like what USD could do.

Something to worry about as a USD fan with Nielson though? Through my research I came across this

I don't think Saeger will be the QB, Chris Streveler will be, and he is a talented, athletic freak.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/04/29/gophers-football-chris-streveler-to-transfer-to-south-dakota/

I don't think depth is as big of an issue as you might think as Glenn isn't leaving the cupboard bare. There is some talent on the roster and I will be interested to see what Nielson does with it.

POD Knows
July 21st, 2016, 01:47 PM
I don't think Saeger will be the QB, Chris Streveler will be, and he is a talented, athletic freak.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/04/29/gophers-football-chris-streveler-to-transfer-to-south-dakota/

I don't think depth is as big of an issue as you might think as Glenn isn't leaving the cupboard bare. There is some talent on the roster and I will be interested to see what Nielson does with it.

Just beat UND, that is all I ask. xthumbsupx

clenz
July 21st, 2016, 01:49 PM

I don't think the cupboard is bare. I don't think you have the talent depth, period, that SDSU, UNI, ISUr, NDSU, or WIU have right now. That's what I've noticed watching USD the last few years. The starters might be pretty good (maybe middle of the pack okay), but there's nothing behind them that compares to the rest of the MVFC.

ST_Lawson
July 21st, 2016, 03:44 PM

We also sucked at special teams...although a big part of that might have been that we just didn't have a special teams coach at all and it looks like Nielson has added a coach at USD that handles D-line and special teams...so that's something. But yea, our defense wasn't great either.

It seemed like, at times, Nielson was getting out-coached by some of the opposing teams, but maybe that was just the players not executing. We'll see this season which it was.

Yote 53
July 21st, 2016, 04:27 PM
I don't think the cupboard is bare. I don't think you have the talent depth, period, that SDSU, UNI, ISUr, NDSU, or WIU have right now. That's what I've noticed watching USD the last few years. The starters might be pretty good (maybe middle of the pack okay), but there's nothing behind them that compares to the rest of the MVFC.

Fair assessment. Glenn had a real youth movement going on and rebuilt the program from the ground up with very few transfers, so not surprised that the program appeared thin. Most people don't understand what Glenn did in his time here, completely overhauled the team and rebuilt the roster from the ground up. He just got to the point where he couldn't take it any further, it was just time for him to retire, and so he turned over the program to somebody else. The guy really fell on his sword for USD, to borrow a cliché. In case you are wondering, he and his wife have retired to Vermillion and I just ran into him at a golf outing this summer at an athletic dept event, so there really isn't any bitterness there. The belief is that it is going to start paying dividends and I don't think you'll hear much talk from USD people about having to give Nielson time, he's rebuilding the program, etc. He's walking into a good situation here and he is being given the resources to succeed so I think you are going to see a team that continues to get deeper as the seasons progress. Nobody expects to win the conference next year, but we do expect a mid-level finish and to really challenge some of the top of the conference teams. With a few good bounces maybe we pull an upset here or there and find ourselves in the playoffs. We don't expect to be a cellar dweller as that will not be acceptable.

Yes, if there is one game that is circled on my calendar it is the North Dakota game. The conference games are obviously important but that is one that I'd really like to have.

Trumpster
July 21st, 2016, 04:38 PM
While I've thought that Glenn appeared to be a great coach it seemed to me like recruiting would be hindered from not knowing how long it would be before he retired.

Yote 53
July 22nd, 2016, 10:02 AM
Glenn was actually pretty good as a talent evaluator and recruiter, he was getting some players to USD. One need only look at a player like Andrew Van Ginkel, a player that was overlooked by everybody and USD gave him a scholarship. Did so well after his freshman year that he transferred to a JUCO and now has about 15 FBS offers. Ok, not good for the program when that happens, but just pointing out how well he was at evaluating and signing talent. That said, with the new staff on board we have seen an even greater uptick in the number and quality of players we are landing now. Quality is relative as we don't know yet how these players will pan out but they appear to be pretty good and we're winning some recruiting battles.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 23rd, 2016, 07:31 AM

How do you think the yotes will do this year?

Nielson is going to have some growing pains IMO.

Thumper 76
July 23rd, 2016, 02:54 PM
Anybody else read ISUr's board? Holy crap are they confident.

BisonFan02
July 23rd, 2016, 03:00 PM

With what exactly? xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 23rd, 2016, 05:24 PM

I'll have to go read that board, haven't been there in awhile.

IMO, w/o Roberson and Coprich, NDSU is going to bitch slap Ill State this year. They take a step back IMO.

Thumper 76
July 23rd, 2016, 05:26 PM
With what exactly? xlolx

Not sure, they seem to think they are being wildly underrated and are talking about how they deserve more respect for being back to back MVFC champs and are talking about upsetting NDSU on the bisons homecoming. One even commented on how the teams in the MVFC aren't big enough names to draw fans if they have a poor year. Not saying they are wrong but there is zero concern about what they have lost.

Thumper 76
July 23rd, 2016, 05:26 PM
I'll have to go read that board, haven't been there in awhile.

IMO, w/o Roberson and Coprich, NDSU is going to bitch slap Ill State this year. They take a step back IMO.

Oh you should. Interesting stuff.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 23rd, 2016, 05:51 PM

Interesting read. Nothing too wacky but I think the Redbirds will take a step back this year. The defense lost some players.

Thumper 76
July 23rd, 2016, 05:54 PM
Interesting read. Nothing too wacky but I think the Redbirds will take a step back this year. The defense lost some players.

Oh nothing crazy but I was surprised about the total lack of worry at replacing any of those guys

dewey
July 23rd, 2016, 10:05 PM

A homer board being unrealistic? What? I think with Coprich, Roberson and the losses on defense I would be surprised if they don't take a step back.

Dewey

Bisonwinagn
July 23rd, 2016, 10:19 PM
can someone post the links to the best MVFC fan boards?

Thumper 76
July 23rd, 2016, 10:37 PM

Like best for each team or like a top 5 list?

Bisonwinagn
July 24th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Like best for each team or like a top 5 list?

Like all ten teams.

BisonTru
July 24th, 2016, 03:53 PM
With the Redbirds I think its a question are they reloading or rebuilding. They may have the talent sitting there to emerge or they might not. I'm not a huge recruiting buff, but the occasional run-in NDSU has with ISUr for a recruit usually the Redbirds put up a good fight and have beat us out on a few. I'd say that program probably has done fairly well recruiting the last few years.

I'll probably have them 4th or 5th, but wouldn't be surprised if they finish higher than that. Time will tell.

IBleedYellow
July 24th, 2016, 06:07 PM
I have them almost all book marked. Flying atm. Later tonight I'll grab it for you.

ST_Lawson
July 24th, 2016, 09:31 PM
Like all ten teams.

ISUr - http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/
ISUb - http://www.sycamorepride.com/
MSU - used to be bear-nation.com, but it looks like it's expired now, can't find a new one
NDSU - http://www.bisonville.com
UNI - http://www.panthernation.com/
USD - http://usdcoyotesports.proboards.com/
SDSU - http://sdsufans.com/board/activity.php
SIU - http://salukination.net/
YSU - http://www.ysupenguins.com/
WIU - currently http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/ but I've just recently done a fairly significant upgrade to the backend and am still working on the design and some of the additional info pages. The forum works just fine though. leathernecknation.net will forward to the forum until I'm finished building the new "front page" of the site.

clenz
July 25th, 2016, 07:41 AM
The first MVFC preview drops tomorrow on TheFCSWedge.com

Release dates are

7/26- IlSU
7/28 - InSU
8/2 - MSU
8/4 - NDSU
8/9 - UNI
8/11 - USD
8/16 - SDSU
8/18 - SIU
8/23 - WIU
8/25 - YSU
8/26 - Recap and season prediciton

Yote 53
July 25th, 2016, 10:19 AM
How do you think the yotes will do this year?

Nielson is going to have some growing pains IMO.

I am sure there will be some growing pains but as a whole I am more confident in this entire coaching staff than the previous one. I think that will be a net gain for the Coyotes. I think Chris Streveler coming in at QB will bring a dynamic element to the offense that gives them some big play ability. You need that in this conference as it is very difficult to pound out 3-4 yards at a time all the way down the field against Valley defenses. Assuming Streveler earns the starting nod, that gives USD a solid backup in Ryan Saeger and Austin Simmons as a #3 guy was actually a player many thought would fight for the #1 spot before Streveler transferred in. Who knows? Maybe after fall camp this is all flipped on its head but I am confident we have depth at QB right now.

The offensive line should be one year older and one year better. Nick Jensen is really developing into a good tackle so hopefully he keeps developing on that trajectory. We've loaded up with more running backs. We've suffered way too many injuries at that position over the last few years. Hopefully somebody can step up and be a productive ironman ball carrier. Part of the reason for going through so many is that they had been pressed into service very young and took a pounding because of it. Now the RB position is maturing and are hopefully grown enough to handle the riggers of the conference schedule. I think we are thin at WR, though I don't anticipate us chucking the ball all over the field anyway, so if we're going to be thin somewhere that's the place for it.

Defensively I think we'll be fine at the DB and LB positions. D Line worries me as A) Losing Andrew Van Ginkel to transfer really hurts because he was such an impact player, and B) I think we are thin at that position. Frankly, the defensive line could be our Achilles heal this year.

As for record, I am thinking 2-1 in non conference with wins over Weber State at home and UND up in Grand Forks with a loss coming @ New Mexico. In conference, 4-4 would be great, but realistically 3-5 is probably a fair assessment. I actually think the team is better than 3-5 in conference but we miss the gimme Mo State win and our home games are UNI, ISUred, WIU, and NDSU. Road games YSU, ISUblue, SIU, and SDSU. Flip those home/road games and I like our chances better to finish above 4-4 in conference.

I'm thinking this is going to be a 5-6 or 6-5 kind of season. I would be happy with 6-5 with a first year head coach. If it's 3-8 and we're getting blasted I will be pissed, though I do not expect that to happen.

Thumper 76
July 25th, 2016, 10:58 AM
The first MVFC preview drops tomorrow on TheFCSWedge.com

Release dates are

7/26- IlSU
7/28 - InSU
8/2 - MSU
8/4 - NDSU
8/9 - UNI
8/11 - USD
8/16 - SDSU
8/18 - SIU
8/23 - WIU
8/25 - YSU
8/26 - Recap and season prediciton

Pretty pumped for this

POD Knows
July 25th, 2016, 05:08 PM
I am sure there will be some growing pains but as a whole I am more confident in this entire coaching staff than the previous one. I think that will be a net gain for the Coyotes. I think Chris Streveler coming in at QB will bring a dynamic element to the offense that gives them some big play ability. You need that in this conference as it is very difficult to pound out 3-4 yards at a time all the way down the field against Valley defenses. Assuming Streveler earns the starting nod, that gives USD a solid backup in Ryan Saeger and Austin Simmons as a #3 guy was actually a player many thought would fight for the #1 spot before Streveler transferred in. Who knows? Maybe after fall camp this is all flipped on its head but I am confident we have depth at QB right now.

The offensive line should be one year older and one year better. Nick Jensen is really developing into a good tackle so hopefully he keeps developing on that trajectory. We've loaded up with more running backs. We've suffered way too many injuries at that position over the last few years. Hopefully somebody can step up and be a productive ironman ball carrier. Part of the reason for going through so many is that they had been pressed into service very young and took a pounding because of it. Now the RB position is maturing and are hopefully grown enough to handle the riggers of the conference schedule. I think we are thin at WR, though I don't anticipate us chucking the ball all over the field anyway, so if we're going to be thin somewhere that's the place for it.

Defensively I think we'll be fine at the DB and LB positions. D Line worries me as A) Losing Andrew Van Ginkel to transfer really hurts because he was such an impact player, and B) I think we are thin at that position. Frankly, the defensive line could be our Achilles heal this year.

As for record, I am thinking 2-1 in non conference with wins over Weber State at home and UND up in Grand Forks with a loss coming @ New Mexico. In conference, 4-4 would be great, but realistically 3-5 is probably a fair assessment. I actually think the team is better than 3-5 in conference but we miss the gimme Mo State win and our home games are UNI, ISUred, WIU, and NDSU. Road games YSU, ISUblue, SIU, and SDSU. Flip those home/road games and I like our chances better to finish above 4-4 in conference.

I'm thinking this is going to be a 5-6 or 6-5 kind of season. I would be happy with 6-5 with a first year head coach. If it's 3-8 and we're getting blasted I will be pissed, though I do not expect that to happen.

Just beat UND, just do it.

clenz
July 26th, 2016, 01:18 PM
First article is live at TheFCSWedge.com

http://thefcswedge.com/conference-previews/illinois-state/

Thumper 76
July 26th, 2016, 02:08 PM

Really liked it. What's the release schedule for the rest of them? And are you doing a final overall one with projected standings, playoffs, ect?

clenz
July 26th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Tuesdays/Thursdays moving forward leading into the season. One final one the Friday before the NDSU/CSU game with standings, playoff projections, and maybe players to watch, etc...

Should also add, if you think there are things I need to know about your team let me know and I'll work it in. Yote53's information on the QB situation has already been worked in.

I've gotten some help from some people but please feel free to shoot me a PM with information you feel is needed.

TheKingpin28
July 26th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Tuesdays/Thursdays moving forward leading into the season. One final one the Friday before the NDSU/CSU game with standings, playoff projections, and maybe players to watch, etc...

Should also add, if you think there are things I need to know about your team let me know and I'll work it in. Yote53's information on the QB situation has already been worked in.

I've gotten some help from some people but please feel free to shoot me a PM with information you feel is needed.

That was a solid read

clenz
July 26th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Really liked it. What's the release schedule for the rest of them? And are you doing a final overall one with projected standings, playoffs, ect?

That was a solid read
Thanks guys.

It's not ground breaking information. I view it as a way to get information that some may know, but would be missed by the majority, out to everyone. Basically, I'm doing the research for you. I'll interject some of who I am on the board at times in them, but I'm going to try my hardest to keep these as professional and balanced as possible.

I've exchanged a couple messages with guys like Dom Izzo to get information, if that builds my credibility...xlolx

BTW, NDSU fans should feel very lucky to have him. One of the best there is and it's by a margin over most others

TheKingpin28
July 26th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Thanks guys.

It's not ground breaking information. I view it as a way to get information that some may know, but would be missed by the majority, out to everyone. Basically, I'm doing the research for you. I'll interject some of who I am on the board at times in them, but I'm going to try my hardest to keep these as professional and balanced as possible.

I've exchanged a couple messages with guys like Dom Izzo to get information, if that builds my credibility...xlolx

BTW, NDSU fans should feel very lucky to have him. One of the best there is and it's by a margin over most others

Between Kolpack and Izzo, I watch their program every week and do not take it for granted. I am just grateful that they care about what they do and do not slot vote or lazily pick based off of record. But anyone who puts effort into their work and tries to bring something to the table that most might not know, I always appreciate and will read. I am excited for the other 9 articles plus the final summation article.

IBleedYellow
July 26th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Thanks guys.

It honestly feels like the amount of coverage that we get is much closer to FBS schools. Dom is one key part of that. He is a class act. Just got engaged too so hope he stays around.

Btw, good write-up, Clenzy.

Schism55
July 26th, 2016, 05:01 PM
That was a solid read

Agreed, well done sir /Hi-5. Thanks for the knowledge.
Brock Spacks' picture never fails to slay me. 1974 porno called, wants its stache back.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 26th, 2016, 05:22 PM

Nice work clenz!

Looking forward to them all.

Bisonator
July 26th, 2016, 06:58 PM

Posted in the sticky thread but I'll add it here too.

Great article and breakdown on ISUr clenz! Spot on IMO.

Looking forward to all of them!xthumbsupx

Redbird 4th & short
July 26th, 2016, 10:18 PM

Correction ... In 2012, Coach Spack with QB Brown (and no real run game) guided the Redbirds to 8-3 regular season record, made playoffs, ranked 8/9, went on road to defeat #7 Appy St, then lost on road at #4 EWU.

For 2016, our offense will surprise with 9 of 11 starters back .. the WR and OL groups are stacked deep with talent. Kolbe will take advantage. Players to watch ar QB Kolbe (of course) and WR Gibbs. Do need to see who steps up at RB to keep defenses honest. But we have 6 WRs who can make plays and we will spread things out to keep defenses honest and move chains.

On defense, holes are at DE and LB depth. DB and DT groups are strong. Players to watch are RB turned LB Holm and DE Conley .. if they both step up, defense will develop by mid season.

Fan in me says, we could go 8-3 .. realist can see 7-4 ,, but we need to stay health due to depth issues on defense.

p.s. in august 2014, after preseason poll had us 6th in conference, many inside Redbird Nation saw potential for conference championship and playoff run. I don't see that much potential this year, but I do see some potential to surprise in life after Roberson/Coprich.

PantherRob82
July 26th, 2016, 10:41 PM
Correction ... In 2012, Coach Spack with QB Brown (and no real run game) guided the Redbirds to 8-3 regular season record, made playoffs, ranked 8/9, went on road to defeat #7 Appy St, then lost on road at #4 EWU.

For 2016, our offense will surprise with 9 of 11 starters back .. the WR and OL groups are stacked deep with talent. Kolbe will take advantage. Players to watch ar QB Kolbe (of course) and WR Gibbs. Do need to see who steps up at RB to keep defenses honest.

On defense, holes are at DE and LB depth. DB and DT groups are strong. Players to watch are RB turned LB Holm and DE Conley .. if they both step up, defense will develop by mid season.

Fan in me says, we could go 8-3 .. realist can see 7-4 ,, but we need to stay health due to depth issues on defense.

He also pardoned a criminal. He's capable of anything! xdrunkyx

Redbird 4th & short
July 26th, 2016, 11:09 PM
I just hope the victim has recovered from the heinous crime .. you know, that poor dope dealing scumbag police informant ... nobody ever talks about the "victim", so sad :D

clenz
July 27th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Updated the playoff issue. Don't know how I missed that one.

clenz
July 27th, 2016, 10:35 AM

For 2016, our offense will surprise with 9 of 11 starters back .. the WR and OL groups are stacked deep with talent. Kolbe will take advantage. Players to watch ar QB Kolbe (of course) and WR Gibbs. Do need to see who steps up at RB to keep defenses honest. But we have 6 WRs who can make plays and we will spread things out to keep defenses honest and move chains.

p.s. in august 2014, after preseason poll had us 6th in conference, many inside Redbird Nation saw potential for conference championship and playoff run. I don't see that much potential this year, but I do see some potential to surprise in life after Roberson/Coprich.
You literally lose 93+% of your total offense and scoring from last year.

You're offense will surprise me by not being in complete disarray when it comes to getting yards/points.

PantherRob82
July 27th, 2016, 11:48 AM
I just hope the victim has recovered from the heinous crime .. you know, that poor dope dealing scumbag police informant ... nobody ever talks about the "victim", so sad :D

Probably put on 40 lbs from smoking that ganja. Ruined his life. Divorced. Too tired to play with his kids. Victimless indeed. xrolleyesx

Thumper 76
July 27th, 2016, 12:43 PM
So just looked over the conference schedules for everyone and boy do SDSU and YSU get the tough draw of the year, YSU more than SDSU. YSU has to play at NDSU, ISUr, and SDSU. Plus within a five game stretch they have to play those three games plus UNI. That's a tough row to hoe. The saving grace for them is maybe they won't have as much of a end of the season let down with the top of the conference out of the way.

SDSU has a tough one because they play at UNI, NDSU, and ISUR. They need to take one of those games and not lose any others in conference if they want a shot at a seed of any sort.

This is all done with the thought that ISUR is going to be tough this year, which I'm gradually starting to think more and more. They won't be what they were the last two years but they will still be around the top 3-4 spots I think.

clenz
July 27th, 2016, 12:47 PM
So just looked over the conference schedules for everyone and boy do SDSU and YSU get the tough draw of the year, YSU more than SDSU. YSU has to play at NDSU, ISUr, and SDSU. Plus within a five game stretch they have to play those three games plus UNI. That's a tough row to hoe. The saving grace for them is maybe they won't have as much of a end of the season let down with the top of the conference out of the way.

SDSU has a tough one because they play at UNI, NDSU, and ISUR. They need to take one of those games and not lose any others in conference if they want a shot at a seed of any sort.

This is all done with the thought that ISUR is going to be tough this year, which I'm gradually starting to think more and more. They won't be what they were the last two years but they will still be around the top 3-4 spots I think.

SDSU did get the shaft this year thanks to the rotation.

UNI and SDSU being forced to have each other AND NDSU on the road in the same year (home as well) just isn't right. Last year UNI had all three on the road.

Sucks that the new stadium won't get NDSU or UNI unless they get to host them in the playoffs.

dewey
July 27th, 2016, 01:00 PM

That raises your street cred with mexthumbsupx I agree that Kolpack and Izzo are the best FCS coverage team across the country. From game previews, to playoff projections, to players to watch for the upcoming season to recruiting they are the best.

Dewey

clenz
July 27th, 2016, 01:22 PM
How is Illinois State going to replace guys like DE Teddy Corwin, DE David Perkins, LB Pat Meehan, LB Alex Donnelly on defense?

Say what you want about anyone else on that roster coming back but your losing a second teamer in Teddy Corwin and Perkins on the DL. Meehan was a first time all conference linebacker and Donnelly was honorable mention.

Between those 4 Illinois State loses 302 tackles (125 solo), over 20 TFL, roughly 17 sacks, a handful of forced fumbles, PBUs, QBH, and a couple picks

Oh and as for the starters you return on offense? Doesn't really matter.

Illinois State lost:
2,744 of their 3,044 rushing yards
34 of their 39 rushing touchdown
2,225 of their 2,489 passing yards
18 of their 20 passing touchdowns

Yup. All total Illinois State loses 4,969 of their 5,533 total yards of offense and 52 of 59 of their touchdowns.

Yup, those two were directly responsible for 89.9% of the total offensive yards and 88.2% of Illinois State's touchdowns.

Anthony Warrum is the only guy back on offense that should give defense any kind of worry and he doesn't have an All American QB anymore. He has a guy who has 264 career passing yards with 2 touchdowns throwing him the ball.

Here's another thing to consider with that. Much of what Warrum did was because he got behind the defense because the secondary sucked into the run threat of Roberson and Coprich. That's completely gone. Kolbe had -26 yards rushing last year.

Schism55
July 27th, 2016, 02:15 PM
That's a fair and balanced breakdown Clenz.
Redbirds have sure lost a lot of talent on both sides. I think their D is going to struggle more than their O.
Maybe I'm alone in this boat, but I was never scared of Roberson as a thrower, thought he was average at best. If their O line makes the expected strides from last year they should be able to mount a run game. New QB has to be a better thrower and Warrum is a stud.
Their D though will have a tough road to hoe with all that production/talent lost in the front 7.

clenz
July 27th, 2016, 03:06 PM
That's a fair and balanced breakdown Clenz.
Redbirds have sure lost a lot of talent on both sides. I think their D is going to struggle more than their O.
Maybe I'm alone in this boat, but I was never scared of Roberson as a thrower, thought he was average at best. If their O line makes the expected strides from last year they should be able to mount a run game. New QB has to be a better thrower and Warrum is a stud.
Their D though will have a tough road to hoe with all that production/talent lost in the front 7.
Agreed.

I understand their fans optimism to some extent. They cupboards aren't bare. They have good pieces back. I just think Redbird fans are underestimating having to replace that many big time players at the same time. It's one thing to have to replace one big piece. To replace 90% of your offense, while breaking in a new OC that didn't get the OC role until June, and then replacing that kind of talent on defense.

There are programs that are used to replacing that many pieces every year - NDSU and UNI. Even this year, I'm pretty damn worried about the secondary at UNI. I'm not sold on Illinois State being that program yet.

I see how 8-3 could happen, I really could.

I've said this in a few previews, especially UNI and USD. It's not that I don't think the team is that good/bad. When I'm projecting records I am going on who I think, as of now, would be favored in that game. I'm not taking injuries into account. I am taking schedule into account though.

Illinois State gets NDSU and SDSU at home but I can't justify those as wins. SDSU is also a week after a road game at USD, which I think will be tougher than ISU fans want to think.

If the YSU game was 2 or 3 weeks later I take ISU.

IBleedYellow
July 27th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Illinois State gets NDSU in Fargo, Actually.

clenz
July 27th, 2016, 03:20 PM
As for the comment about being scared of Roberson throwing - I don't think that was the threat with him.

What made ISU dangerous was the combo of Coprich and Roberson running. That had to be respected by everyone on the field. That gave Warrum, especially, time to get behind the D. It was a lot of throw it up to let Warrum make the play. That threat isn't there this year. Kolbe rolling out doesn't worry corner backs and safeties. It might change but there isn't really a back that truly scares me at this point that a play fake is going to cause bites on. Illinois State has to hope Kolbe is pinpoint accurate with his passes when he doesn't have a crutch like Coprich next to him.

I think the same is true for UNI this year. Chances are Bailey completes 60% of his passes. It's not his picking a secondary apart from the pocket that will get him yards through the air. It's the horrifying thought of him getting outside of the pocket with a run pass option that will keep defensive coaches awake all week leading to that game. Plus he has Tyvis Smith next to him.

It's the same concept.

Yes, Kolbe was 26-40 last season, about 60% of that was in the 4th quarter of the Iowa game when ISU was already down 31-0 and Iowa was rolling out kids who wouldn't play again all season on both sides of the ball. The rest of it did come against UNI when ISU started him and no one saw that coming. UNI had prepped for Roberson all week. Even then he only threw for 80 yards against UNI.

Those two games he went 22-31 for 207 2 TD and 1 INT.

That means the rest of the year he was just 4-9 for 37 yards with no TD.

Schism55
July 27th, 2016, 05:02 PM
Mostly agree Clenz.
What's with the OC leaving so close to the start of season? Seems fishy to me.
They will need to adjust O for sure. New QB has to be a better thrower than Roberson. With good veteran O line play that should facilitate good run game, Kolbe shouldn't need to run too much. If he isn't accurate, could be a long season in Normal.

- - - Updated - - -

Illinois State gets NDSU in Fargo, Actually.

Oh yes. Can't wait for Bison to throw it down hard in that game!

clenz
July 27th, 2016, 05:05 PM
He left to spend more time with his family, apparently.

The timing of it was odd though

The Yo Show
July 27th, 2016, 06:42 PM
YSU has NDSU and SDSU on the road this year too. I feel the pain Clenz. By the way, good job on the wedge article xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
July 27th, 2016, 07:26 PM
YSU has NDSU and SDSU on the road this year too. I feel the pain Clenz. By the way, good job on the wedge article xthumbsupx

You would think with three teams having that issue it would be easy to fix. Doesn't YSU eventually rotate off of one the the Dakota team though?

The Yo Show
July 27th, 2016, 07:27 PM
SDSU did get the shaft this year thanks to the rotation.

UNI and SDSU being forced to have each other AND NDSU on the road in the same year (home as well) just isn't right. Last year UNI had all three on the road.

Sucks that the new stadium won't get NDSU or UNI unless they get to host them in the playoffs.

Probably? I don't know which one or when though.

You would think with three teams having that issue it would be easy to fix. Doesn't YSU eventually rotate off of one the the Dakota team though?

- - - Updated - - -

Does the MVFC have a preseason media day?

clenz
July 27th, 2016, 07:31 PM

The issue might get fixed when that happens but I'm not sure.

Part of USD coming in was eastern schools limit their trips west and for whatever reason the MVFC decides to put UNI, NDSU, and SDSU on some kind of min field schedule set up that screws other schools as well.

I haven't tried to set a schedule and rotation but I can't imagine it being too overly difficult for the league to minimize the H/A unbalance.

Thumper 76
July 27th, 2016, 07:40 PM
The issue might get fixed when that happens but I'm not sure.

Part of USD coming in was eastern schools limit their trips west and for whatever reason the MVFC decides to put UNI, NDSU, and SDSU on some kind of min field schedule set up that screws other schools as well.

I haven't tried to set a schedule and rotation but I can't imagine it being too overly difficult for the league to minimize the H/A unbalance.

Meanwhile ISUR gets to avoid NDSU last year and UNI this year. Certainly doesn't hurt their playoff chances.

Edit: plus they get two of their toughest (IMO) three games at home, YSU and SDSU.

clenz
July 27th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Meanwhile ISUR gets to avoid NDSU last year and UNI this year. Certainly doesn't hurt their playoff chances.

Edit: plus they get two of their toughest (IMO) three games at home, YSU and SDSU.Those who scream loudest....

Redbird 4th & short
July 27th, 2016, 09:26 PM
How is Illinois State going to replace guys like DE Teddy Corwin, DE David Perkins, LB Pat Meehan, LB Alex Donnelly on defense?

Say what you want about anyone else on that roster coming back but your losing a second teamer in Teddy Corwin and Perkins on the DL. Meehan was a first time all conference linebacker and Donnelly was honorable mention.

Between those 4 Illinois State loses 302 tackles (125 solo), over 20 TFL, roughly 17 sacks, a handful of forced fumbles, PBUs, QBH, and a couple picks

Oh and as for the starters you return on offense? Doesn't really matter.

Illinois State lost:
2,744 of their 3,044 rushing yards
34 of their 39 rushing touchdown
2,225 of their 2,489 passing yards
18 of their 20 passing touchdowns

Yup. All total Illinois State loses 4,969 of their 5,533 total yards of offense and 52 of 59 of their touchdowns.

Yup, those two were directly responsible for 89.9% of the total offensive yards and 88.2% of Illinois State's touchdowns.

Anthony Warrum is the only guy back on offense that should give defense any kind of worry and he doesn't have an All American QB anymore. He has a guy who has 264 career passing yards with 2 touchdowns throwing him the ball.

Here's another thing to consider with that. Much of what Warrum did was because he got behind the defense because the secondary sucked into the run threat of Roberson and Coprich. That's completely gone. Kolbe had -26 yards rushing last year.
we're in agreement with our defense ... I already said as much. Where we disagree is I think our offense is going to surprise and defense will initially struggle, but eventually recover .. hopefully by conference season. Similar situation as 2013 when wheels fell of on defense after considerable losses from 2011 and 2012. But .. and this is key .. Spack and Nowinsky turned the horrendous defense around by mid-season in 2013. This was largely the reason we went from 5-6 to title run in one season.

Do you realize the only key personnel changes form our 5-6 season in 2013 and our 13-2 season in 2014 ?? We added FBS QB Roberson and dismissed FBS LB Dunmore .. so the 22 of 24 starters from 2013's 5-6 team plus QB Roberson and a new young LB Rivera went from a team that got blow out early in 2013 into a very dominant 2014 team .. with only 1 new starter.

Now looking at 2016, yes, our defense has been hurt by key losses .. I already fully acknowledged that. But note Corwin was injured and never quite was the old Corwin, so we already worked thru that key loss somewhat last year. I said we have questions at DE and then limited LB depth ,, watch Holm develop at LB.

Also note, 2015 Roberson was also injured .. played almost 2 months with break in his throwing hand ... and he was not the 2014 Roberson until we saw him cut loose in 2nd half of Richmond loss. So aside from his running threat, he was not the 2014 Roberson throwing the ball, when he finished 3rd in QBR in FCS. But Roberson at his best in 2014 could not make the throws that Kolbe can in short to intermediate pass game. And Roberson in 2015 initially had very porous OL with only 1 WR option. Kolbe in 2016 will be playing behind 5 returning senior OL starters from last year, and significantly improved WR group.

I know it's just talk .. like anyone else who posts here .. which makes it strange that you seem to take offense after posting your team review of ISU .. like no one should disagree I guess ?

But again, here's the thing I already stated .. in August of 2014, several Redbird fans were talking about a conference title run and a playoff run .. when the rest of the conference coaches picked us 6th .. I saw what Soack/Nowinsky did to turn the horrible defense around in 2013 mid season ... look it up. It laid the ground work for our 2014 season that no one outside Redbird Nation saw coming.

So I'm not predicting that at this point .. but I an pretty certain there will be life on offense after Roberson/Coprich. Can't replace Coprich, but Kolbe can replace Roberson, with different strengths and much stronger supporting cast. And I believe the WR will be the surprise of MVFC .. very talented and deep. I love the idea of team game planning to stop Warrum .. just remember these WR names: Gibbs, Graves, Fowler, Schnell, Pankey, Jefferson. It is the deepest WR group ISU has ever fielded.

Again, I am predicting an uneven start while we adjust to the new personnel and figure out who will step up. But offensively, the cupboard is very full, with exception of Coprich loss. Defensively, we agree, more question marks and less depth .. but Spack and Nowinsky know how to develop players and rebuild defenses.

Redbird 4th & short
July 27th, 2016, 09:34 PM

Edit: plus they get two of their toughest (IMO) three games at home, YSU and SDSU.
this is very valid point and part of the reason I think we can go 7-4 or 8-3. We also have non-conf rival EIU at home this year, which helps our chances while we figure out who will step up for us this year.

BisonTru
July 28th, 2016, 12:04 AM
I've been fairly critical of Mr. Hunt in the past, but his MVFC preview was well done. To critique a little, I fast forwarded through the random coach interviews and commercials. I also don't think King Frazier is gonna make the NFL. Hope I'm wrong on that last one, tho.

http://youtu.be/bQ5Q2Z5QY-M

clenz
July 28th, 2016, 08:08 AM
MVFC Preview # 2 is up. Focus of this one is Indiana State

http://thefcswedge.com/conference-previews/indiana-state/

Coming into his [Matt Adam] red-shirt junior year, along with the amount of returning players around him on offense, there was a real reason to believe the offense could keep the Sycs in games. Then, in May, the bombshell that he would be sitting the 2016 season out to get his grades in order. That is a tremendous loss for Indiana State, but a great decision by Adam to prioritize academics that we don’t normally get to see from athletes.

So who takes over at QB for Indiana State? The only returning QB on the roster, or even listed on the roster as of writing this, is red-shirt sophomore Isaac Harker. That sentence, on it’s own is depressing to read on it’s own, then you add in the fact that Harker completed 2 passes for 16 yards last season and it gets real depressing, real quick.

clenz
July 28th, 2016, 08:48 AM
we're in agreement with our defense ... I already said as much. Where we disagree is I think our offense is going to surprise and defense will initially struggle, but eventually recover .. hopefully by conference season. Similar situation as 2013 when wheels fell of on defense after considerable losses from 2011 and 2012. But .. and this is key .. Spack and Nowinsky turned the horrendous defense around by mid-season in 2013. This was largely the reason we went from 5-6 to title run in one season.

Do you realize the only key personnel changes form our 5-6 season in 2013 and our 13-2 season in 2014 ?? We added FBS QB Roberson and dismissed FBS LB Dunmore .. so the 22 of 24 starters from 2013's 5-6 team plus QB Roberson and a new young LB Rivera went from a team that got blow out early in 2013 into a very dominant 2014 team .. with only 1 new starter.

Now looking at 2016, yes, our defense has been hurt by key losses .. I already fully acknowledged that. But note Corwin was injured and never quite was the old Corwin, so we already worked thru that key loss somewhat last year. I said we have questions at DE and then limited LB depth ,, watch Holm develop at LB.

Also note, 2015 Roberson was also injured .. played almost 2 months with break in his throwing hand ... and he was not the 2014 Roberson until we saw him cut loose in 2nd half of Richmond loss. So aside from his running threat, he was not the 2014 Roberson throwing the ball, when he finished 3rd in QBR in FCS. But Roberson at his best in 2014 could not make the throws that Kolbe can in short to intermediate pass game. And Roberson in 2015 initially had very porous OL with only 1 WR option. Kolbe in 2016 will be playing behind 5 returning senior OL starters from last year, and significantly improved WR group.

I know it's just talk .. like anyone else who posts here .. which makes it strange that you seem to take offense after posting your team review of ISU .. like no one should disagree I guess ?

But again, here's the thing I already stated .. in August of 2014, several Redbird fans were talking about a conference title run and a playoff run .. when the rest of the conference coaches picked us 6th .. I saw what Soack/Nowinsky did to turn the horrible defense around in 2013 mid season ... look it up. It laid the ground work for our 2014 season that no one outside Redbird Nation saw coming.

So I'm not predicting that at this point .. but I an pretty certain there will be life on offense after Roberson/Coprich. Can't replace Coprich, but Kolbe can replace Roberson, with different strengths and much stronger supporting cast. And I believe the WR will be the surprise of MVFC .. very talented and deep. I love the idea of team game planning to stop Warrum .. just remember these WR names: Gibbs, Graves, Fowler, Schnell, Pankey, Jefferson. It is the deepest WR group ISU has ever fielded.

Again, I am predicting an uneven start while we adjust to the new personnel and figure out who will step up. But offensively, the cupboard is very full, with exception of Coprich loss. Defensively, we agree, more question marks and less depth .. but Spack and Nowinsky know how to develop players and rebuild defenses.I'm not defensive about anything nor am I saying everyone has to agree. Rather I'm discussion my thoughts and attempting to have a discussion to drive knowledge. However, if I remember you right all you wanted to do was pick fights, play the victim card, and then run back to RBF and tell everyone how mean/dumb we...specifically I...are/am

You mention the difference between 2013 and 2014. There were 22 of 24 starters back and yet the single biggest difference was the QB position. Look at Marshaun's freshman and sophomore stats. In 2013 he averaged 4.0 yards per carry, less than 1 TD per game, and had 885 yards. 2014 rolls around and a QB like Roberson comes in, allowing the spread option/offense to go into full throttle. He jumped to 6.1 YPC, 2200 yards and 1.8 TD per game. 2015 comes around and Roberson is hurt. His (Tre) performance falls back a bit and what happens to Marshaun? His carries per game drop, his TD per game drop. The entire offense sputters a bit at times, as we saw heading into the playoffs.

I think you're underestimating how much losing both Roberson and Coprich is going to hurt, even with everything else. You've admitted that Roberson struggled last year and yet the threat of him running, along with Marshaun, made that offense dangerous. Roberson completed just 49% of his passes last year but he averaged 18.7 yards per completion. Think about that. That's a HUGE number. That doesn't happen simply because Warrum made a few plays on the ball. That happened because of how hard secondary defenders sucked up to help the run game.

You don't have a running back threat that's going to cheat safeties up or freeze LBs on fakes right now. Kolbe isn't going to pose a threat to break the pocket and pick up chunk yardage. The WR corp is going to face must tighter coverage as a result.

I think that's a bigger transition for an offense than you might want to believe.

PantherRob82
July 28th, 2016, 09:32 AM
If Roberson and returning starters was what made a big difference, seems like losing Roberson and a lot of production is bad.

Redbird 4th & short
July 28th, 2016, 10:14 AM
I'm not defensive about anything nor am I saying everyone has to agree. Rather I'm discussion my thoughts and attempting to have a discussion to drive knowledge. However, if I remember you right all you wanted to do was pick fights, play the victim card, and then run back to RBF and tell everyone how mean/dumb we...specifically I...are/am

You mention the difference between 2013 and 2014. There were 22 of 24 starters back and yet the single biggest difference was the QB position. Look at Marshaun's freshman and sophomore stats. In 2013 he averaged 4.0 yards per carry, less than 1 TD per game, and had 885 yards. 2014 rolls around and a QB like Roberson comes in, allowing the spread option/offense to go into full throttle. He jumped to 6.1 YPC, 2200 yards and 1.8 TD per game. 2015 comes around and Roberson is hurt. His (Tre) performance falls back a bit and what happens to Marshaun? His carries per game drop, his TD per game drop. The entire offense sputters a bit at times, as we saw heading into the playoffs.

I think you're underestimating how much losing both Roberson and Coprich is going to hurt, even with everything else. You've admitted that Roberson struggled last year and yet the threat of him running, along with Marshaun, made that offense dangerous. You don't have a running back threat that's going to cheat safeties up or freeze LBs on fakes right now. Kolbe isn't going to pose a threat to break the pocket and pick up chunk yardage. The WR corp is going to face must tighter coverage as a result.

I think that's a bigger transition for an offense than you might want to believe.
The inconsistency on offense had everything to do with big roster losses on OL, WR, TE (6 all conference players, 3 of which are in NFL right now) coming out of 2014, and then Roberson's unreported break in his hand the practice week leading up to our UNI game. Our pass game was very limited the next 2 months, and we were still grooming our OL and WR group .. yet Coprich still had almost as good a year in 2015 as he did in 2014.

No doubt we are going to miss Coprich, but we feel good about Kolbe .. he throws better than Roberson (other than Roberson's deep ball) and is reasonably mobile. And very unlike 2015, Kolbe will have established OL and much better WR group than Roberson had to work with last year. RB is glaring question mark, though OL will make room for Morier and Towns. Look for us to be more like SIU on offense this year with the short to intermediate pass attack. Kolbe skill set is a lot like Ianotti, though he is clearly not that level at this point..

From where I sit, we have more concerns on defense, than offense. My head says 7-4, my heart says 8-3 .. per Thumper, the home/away schedule is in our favor.

ytownchief22
July 28th, 2016, 10:23 AM
YSU used to rotate NDSU and SDSU but starting in 2012 both are either away or home. Weird but whatever.

clenz
July 28th, 2016, 10:57 AM
The inconsistency on offense had everything to do with big roster losses on OL, WR, TE (6 all conference players, 3 of which are in NFL right now) coming out of 2014, and then Roberson's unreported break in his hand the practice week leading up to our UNI game. Our pass game was very limited the next 2 months, and we were still grooming our OL and WR group .. yet Coprich still had almost as good a year in 2015 as he did in 2014.

No doubt we are going to miss Coprich, but we feel good about Kolbe .. he throws better than Roberson (other than Roberson's deep ball) and is reasonably mobile. And very unlike 2015, Kolbe will have established OL and much better WR group than Roberson had to work with last year. RB is glaring question mark, though OL will make room for Morier and Towns. Look for us to be more like SIU on offense this year with the short to intermediate pass attack. Kolbe skill set is a lot like Ianotti, though he is clearly not that level at this point..

From where I sit, we have more concerns on defense, than offense. My head says 7-4, my heart says 8-3 .. per Thumper, the home/away schedule is in our favor.
There is nothing about Kolbe that reminds me of Iannotti at this point.

Kolbe ran for -26 yards last year. Iannotti pushed 800. Iannotti averaged over a yard more per attempt than Kolbe when passing

- - - Updated - - -

YSU used to rotate NDSU and SDSU but starting in 2012 both are either away or home. Weird but whatever.
USD was added and in an effort to keep a few happy with their trips west per year a select few got the shaft.

IndyTreeFan
July 28th, 2016, 11:40 AM
MVFC Preview # 2 is up. Focus of this one is Indiana State

http://thefcswedge.com/conference-previews/indiana-state/

Very fair, and possibly a bit optimistic. I've had my issues with you in the past, clenz, but you pretty much nailed it on this. If anything, you may have soft-pedaled the situation in Terre Haute. What grinds my gears is that the coaching staff knew LAST FALL that Adam was in serious academic trouble (he shouldn't have been playing at all, IMHO). I'd like to think they can overcome the many obstacles in their way, but I think 3 wins is a fair guess.

The only optimism I have at this point is a true freshman QB from California. We picked him up, as I understand it, when Sanford's kid (OC at ND) signed another QB and told his dad to go get this kid (they had been recruiting him). As you said, too much room for error with freshmen, but if our OC will get past the fact that he didn't actually recruit this kid (seems to be an issue with him), he could be good.

The whole situation in Terre Haute has gone downhill in the last three years, as the entire university administration seems to be just fine with where they are athletically. It's disgusting.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in and compliment you on the preview.

clenz
July 28th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Very fair, and possibly a bit optimistic. I've had my issues with you in the past, clenz, but you pretty much nailed it on this. If anything, you may have soft-pedaled the situation in Terre Haute. What grinds my gears is that the coaching staff knew LAST FALL that Adam was in serious academic trouble (he shouldn't have been playing at all, IMHO). I'd like to think they can overcome the many obstacles in their way, but I think 3 wins is a fair guess.

The only optimism I have at this point is a true freshman QB from California. We picked him up, as I understand it, when Sanford's kid (OC at ND) signed another QB and told his dad to go get this kid (they had been recruiting him). As you said, too much room for error with freshmen, but if our OC will get past the fact that he didn't actually recruit this kid (seems to be an issue with him), he could be good.

The whole situation in Terre Haute has gone downhill in the last three years, as the entire university administration seems to be just fine with where they are athletically. It's disgusting.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in and compliment you on the preview.
Appreciate the words my man.

One thing I've noticed in doing these is I'm quite aware as to how I've rubbed fan-bases in the past as I'm writing this and often find myself going "Oh...this isn't going to end well" xlolx. So when I get the reactions I have to my first two it makes me feel pretty damn good about what I'm doing.

The same goes for anyone who has complimented the stuff so far.....just wait, by week 8 you'll all hate me again:D. At some point I'm going to have to stop pulling punches and let some hay-makers fly.

Please share with your Sycamore brethren. As I've mentioned in the stickied thread, if any of you have an idea for an article about your team, your player, a coach, a gameday experience, anything, please feel free to let me know and we'll work something out.

I would love to see the wedge blogging side become a lot like The Players Tribune of the FCS community

dewey
July 28th, 2016, 12:04 PM
just wait, by week 8 you'll all hate me again:D.

There is no way it takes until week 8:D

Dewey

clenz
July 28th, 2016, 12:06 PM
There is no way it takes until week 8:D

Dewey
I was trying to be optimistic.

dewey
July 28th, 2016, 12:09 PM
I was trying to be optimistic.

There is such a thing as being WAY too optimistic...LOL!

Dewey

clenz
July 28th, 2016, 12:10 PM
UNI comes out in about a week and a half....so...that's the realistic date

Redbird 4th & short
July 28th, 2016, 12:52 PM
If Roberson and returning starters was what made a big difference, seems like losing Roberson and a lot of production is bad.

Of course that is lot to overcome, but don't you think returning 9 of 11 starters is good foundation to help transition in life after Roberson/Coprich, and will allow Kolbe to find his comfort zone behind 5 returning OL starters and a very deep WR group. Granted, the WR group is unproven, so I get that skepticism ... but watch that group develop like I'm guessing it will .. we will have many more options and weapons to choose from this year compared to 2015. Kolbe will take advantage of the OL experience and WR depth, even without Coprich in backfield.

IndyTreeFan
July 28th, 2016, 01:32 PM
Appreciate the words my man.

One thing I've noticed in doing these is I'm quite aware as to how I've rubbed fan-bases in the past as I'm writing this and often find myself going "Oh...this isn't going to end well" xlolx. So when I get the reactions I have to my first two it makes me feel pretty damn good about what I'm doing.

The same goes for anyone who has complimented the stuff so far.....just wait, by week 8 you'll all hate me again:D. At some point I'm going to have to stop pulling punches and let some hay-makers fly.

Please share with your Sycamore brethren. As I've mentioned in the stickied thread, if any of you have an idea for an article about your team, your player, a coach, a gameday experience, anything, please feel free to let me know and we'll work something out.

I would love to see the wedge blogging side become a lot like The Players Tribune of the FCS community

xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
July 28th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Of course that is lot to overcome, but don't you think returning 9 of 11 starters is good foundation to help transition in life after Roberson/Coprich, and will allow Kolbe to find his comfort zone behind 5 returning OL starters and a very deep WR group. Granted, the WR group is unproven, so I get that skepticism ... but watch that group develop like I'm guessing it will .. we will have many more options and weapons to choose from this year compared to 2015. Kolbe will take advantage of the OL experience and WR depth, even without Coprich in backfield.

I'm not so ute about the more weapons part. It's somewhat hard to believe there will be a plethora of weapons this year with the same personnel as last yea minus your two best by far. A bunch of guys will need to have breakout years for the Redbirds to be top two in the conference again, on both sides of the balls.

IBleedYellow
July 28th, 2016, 04:01 PM
UNI comes out in about a week and a half....so...that's the realistic date
I can't wait to read how this is UNIs year. xthumbsupx

clenz
July 28th, 2016, 04:07 PM
I can't wait to read how this is UNIs year. xthumbsupx

I'll admit a head of time the record that's projected in there is far too on the side of optimism. I admit it in the article.

I'll say what I say there, and have said here already.

I did the records for all of these teams based on a straight "who is favored in my mind". It's lead to teams having inflated records and deflated records vs where they likely finish.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 28th, 2016, 04:21 PM
I've been fairly critical of Mr. Hunt in the past, but his MVFC preview was well done. To critique a little, I fast forwarded through the random coach interviews and commercials. I also don't think King Frazier is gonna make the NFL. Hope I'm wrong on that last one, tho.

http://youtu.be/bQ5Q2Z5QY-M

Pretty good job by Em on this, although I think NDSU has a better LB Corp compared to YOU. All 3 are seniors and returning. And I think the NDSU OL and DL will be pretty darn good also.

Agree on Frazier being NFL talent. Doesn't have that burst of speed.

BisonTru
July 28th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Pretty good job by Em on this, although I think NDSU has a better LB Corp compared to YOU. All 3 are seniors and returning. And I think the NDSU OL and DL will be pretty darn good also.

Agree on Frazier being NFL talent. Doesn't have that burst of speed.

I agree our LB core is much better than ME. 😃

I think you could make an argument for NDSUs OL as best in the conference. I think the biggest snub was UNIs DL.

Twentysix
July 28th, 2016, 04:58 PM
YOU is a super weird abbreviation. Use YSU so people know what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree our LB core is much better than ME. 

I think you could make an argument for NDSUs OL as best in the conference. I think the biggest snub was UNIs DL.

Agreed, Imo NDSU and UNI develop the DL the best in the conference. That was a weird pick imo.

Twentysix
July 28th, 2016, 05:01 PM
I was wondering why Wieneki (SP?) wasn't on his NFL draft list, then I saw he was a ****ing freshman last year. jfc.

Oh thank god it was the 2013 roster.

Twentysix
July 28th, 2016, 05:08 PM
His top 10 isn't terrible. I think you can probably flip WIU and USD though.

1: North Dakota State Bison
2: Northern Iowa Panthers
3: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
4: Youngstown State Penguins
5: South Dakota Coyotes
6: Illinois State Redbirds
7: Indiana State Sycamores
8: Western Illinois Leathernecks
9: Southern Illinois Salukis
10: Missouri State Bears

Thumper 76
July 28th, 2016, 05:18 PM
I was wondering why Wieneki (SP?) wasn't on his NFL draft list, then I saw he was a ****ing freshman last year. jfc.

Oh thank god it was the 2013 roster.

xlolx no he was only a sophomore last year

Redbird 4th & short
July 28th, 2016, 05:26 PM

Of course losing Roberson/Coprich production hurts .. just saying many of us feel good about Kolbe taking the reins in 2016, especially with 9 returning starters. And Kolbe skill set combined with 9 returning starters, will allow him to transition into his role more quickly - that has to count for something. So we feel like we are much improved at 9 of 11 offensive positions and that Kolbe will produce at QB. I guess when you look at SDSU after Zenner graduated, many assumed there would be big drop off .. and there wasn't because they were very well stocked everywhere else.

Btw, when I said 22 of 24 starters returned, I mis-spoke. I really meant Roberson was the only new player to program in 2014 .. evryone else stepped up from within after what started as a very bleak year. But we definitely lost starters from 2013 to 2014 .. our DL lost 3 starters, WR lost 2 starters, then a couple here and there, including several other part time starters from the 2 deep.

My point was, Spack righted a sinking ship in middle of 2013 season. Similar to what he did after our disasterous 2010 defensive performance where we finished bottom 10 in most categories .. Spack fired DC Elmassian and put himself into the position and started grooming Nowinsky. Then just 1 year later in 2011, ISU went from bottom 10 to top 10 defense.

So I have confidence Spack and Nowinsky will figure out the defense eventually .. just might take until a month into season to figure things out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 28th, 2016, 05:28 PM
I agree our LB core is much better than ME. 😃

On my phone...auto correct crap!!!

UNIs DL will be tough to handle for sure.

underdawg
July 28th, 2016, 09:29 PM
1. NDSU

2. SDSU

3. UNI

4. YSU

5. SIU

6. USD

7. Il State

8. WIU

9. Ind State

10. MSU

REALBird
July 29th, 2016, 10:16 AM

Is he capable of buying Casey's Pizza?

REALBird
July 29th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Of course losing Roberson/Coprich production hurts .. just saying many of us feel good about Kolbe taking the reins in 2016, especially with 9 returning starters. And Kolbe skill set combined with 9 returning starters, will allow him to transition into his role more quickly - that has to count for something. So we feel like we are much improved at 9 of 11 offensive positions and that Kolbe will produce at QB. I guess when you look at SDSU after Zenner graduated, many assumed there would be big drop off .. and there wasn't because they were very well stocked everywhere else.

Btw, when I said 22 of 24 starters returned, I mis-spoke. I really meant Roberson was the only new player to program in 2014 .. evryone else stepped up from within after what started as a very bleak year. But we definitely lost starters from 2013 to 2014 .. our DL lost 3 starters, WR lost 2 starters, then a couple here and there, including several other part time starters from the 2 deep.

My point was, Spack righted a sinking ship in middle of 2013 season. Similar to what he did after our disasterous 2010 defensive performance where we finished bottom 10 in most categories .. Spack fired DC Elmassian and put himself into the position and started grooming Nowinsky. Then just 1 year later in 2011, ISU went from bottom 10 to top 10 defense.

So I have confidence Spack and Nowinsky will figure out the defense eventually .. just might take until a month into season to figure things out.

Hate to say it 4th but I'm in agreement with Clenz. I posted my thoughts about the "potential" for us to go 8-3, but also there is a likelihood we could go 4-7. I like Kolbe. The mop up duty vs. Iowa impressed me....then he basically crapped the bed against UNI. Coprich won that game for us, that and Tre as a decoy at WR most of the game. One could say UNI hadn't hit their stride as they were still playing musical QB's too. The next week vs. YSU he had one series, threw an INT and was replaced. So he had one good game in a game already decided. One very average game against UNI. One terrible series against YSU, and then everything else was mop up duty. I haven't seen enough to say he's "Ready" to take the reins, but then again what other choice do we have? LOL.

But I digress. I have shared my thoughts openly and it doesn't make me any less of a Redbird fan.....I'm just as skeptical as I am optimistic.

This may sound strange....but Clenz put a lot of time, effort and research into his analysis. Take it for what it's worth, it may not be the gospel. But for the most part, I can live with it.

Anywho.....carry on gentlemen.

clenz
July 29th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Hate to say it 4th but I'm in agreement with Clenz. I posted my thoughts about the "potential" for us to go 8-3, but also there is a likelihood we could go 4-7. I like Kolbe. The mop up duty vs. Iowa impressed me....then he basically crapped the bed against UNI. Coprich won that game for us, that and Tre as a decoy at WR most of the game. One could say UNI hadn't hit their stride as they were still playing musical QB's too. The next week vs. YSU he had one series, threw an INT and was replaced. So he had one good game in a game already decided. One very average game against UNI. One terrible series against YSU, and then everything else was mop up duty. I haven't seen enough to say he's "Ready" to take the reins, but then again what other choice do we have? LOL.

But I digress. I have shared my thoughts openly and it doesn't make me any less of a Redbird fan.....I'm just as skeptical as I am optimistic.

This may sound strange....but Clenz put a lot of time, effort and research into his analysis. Take it for what it's worth, it may not be the gospel. But for the most part, I can live with it.

Anywho.....carry on gentlemen.
This pretty much nails my thoughts. I understand the thought process for 8-3, and I don't think it's all that far fetched. I certainly think it's quite optimistic, but I'd call it attainable.

For each MVFC team I've spent a few hours going over total stats, game stats, and even series within games to see how/where the stats came from. I'll admit I haven't watched a ton of film, other than watching replays on ESPN3 last season. I have a life and spent too much time on this the way it is according to my wife. Nothing I type is gospel. Nothing I type is absolute truth. I encourage people to drive these discussions based on my thoughts. It's part of why I do it. It's why I "took issue" when you accused me of "taking issue". That isn't the case at all.

I'll be honest, SIU and USD fans will despise me in a few weeks when they come out. When my final standings come out, Redbird fans likely will hate where I have them slotted.

It's funny, the way the rotation sets up with who misses who I think is going to cause there to be real separation between the top half and bottom half.

Redbird 4th & short
July 29th, 2016, 12:34 PM
This pretty much nails my thoughts. I understand the thought process for 8-3, and I don't think it's all that far fetched. I certainly think it's quite optimistic, but I'd call it attainable.

For each MVFC team I've spent a few hours going over total stats, game stats, and even series within games to see how/where the stats came from. I'll admit I haven't watched a ton of film, other than watching replays on ESPN3 last season. I have a life and spent too much time on this the way it is according to my wife. Nothing I type is gospel. Nothing I type is absolute truth. I encourage people to drive these discussions based on my thoughts. It's part of why I do it. It's why I "took issue" when you accused me of "taking issue". That isn't the case at all.

I'll be honest, SIU and USD fans will despise me in a few weeks when they come out. When my final standings come out, Redbird fans likely will hate where I have them slotted.

It's funny, the way the rotation sets up with who misses who I think is going to cause there to be real separation between the top half and bottom half.

Hey Realbird .. don't disagree with anyone's skepticism coming out of last season .. so my 7-4 (head pick) reflects same concerns cited here and on our redbird fan page. But could I see 6-5 for us ? Obviously there is a range around any prediction including my 7-4 of +/- 1 game .. so I can 6 or 8 wins, certainly 6 having higher probabilty than 8 as it stands TODAY.

And I actually agreed with him on defensive side of ball, though trust in Spack/Nowinsky to have that figured out eventually .. just a question of when and if it is too late to salvage season. They fixed the defensive mess after 2010 and again mid-season 2013. So I treust in them to figure it out again .. 2 keys are LB Holm and DE Conley .. that and staying healthy since depth is also question mark on defense.

Offense is completely different story .. so I do believe the offense will surprise sooner than later for reasons already stated. Curious, what do you think of my SDSU/Zenner loss comparison .. they did quite well with life after Zenner.

But a big part of my 7-4 (+/- 1 game) is based on the way our home/away schedule flls this year .. Thumper touched on it, but didn't mention when the games are played. So let's play it out:

if there are 2 games we lose for sure, then let's acknowledge NW (week 2) and NDSU (week 5) .. both road games, so that is a plus. If there are 2 games we win for sure, they are Valpo (week 1) and MoST (week 11), both home games. That puts us at 2-2 with 7 games remaining, 4 home, 3 away.

Of those 7 games remaining in question, none are UNI, and the 3 toughest are all home against EIU (family day, week 3), YSU (homecoming, week 6), and SDSU (week 9). So we could conceivably go 2-1 there.

Everyone else is beatable (InSU, SIU, USD, WIU), if things come together on defense by week 6 .. not that we win all 4, but we could go 3-1 against the weaker half of MVFC schedule. InSU lost their only QB to grades, the other 3 all have new coaches/systems .. SIU lost stud QB and has terrible defense; USD is improving, but has new coach; WIU was improving, but has new coach. So we culd conceivably go 3-1 there with most of the weaker half of MVFC games being later in season, except InSU.

Some rationale, some optimism or simply belief thay Spack/Nowinsky will have defense figured out like they did in 2013 .. just hopefully by week 6 if we are sitting 3-2 going into YSU homecoming game. But some planets will have to align, admittedly.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 30th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Bison fans: and any others

FCS Kickoff game.....score predictions? Only 28 more days until game time!!

xhypedx

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2016, 11:05 AM
You. Clenz, might want to rewrite your article. As we speak there is a brand new expanded size Casey's being constructed right in the shadows of the Dakota Dome. That's right, it will be Vermillion's second Casey's.

Game changer .

Oh, and we ordered a couple of Casey's pizzas last night, one supreme, one sausage & pepperoni, and one sausage. Delivered. It was GLORIOUS.

God damn it. I hate to admit it, but he is right.

clenz
July 30th, 2016, 11:41 AM
You. Clenz, might want to rewrite your article. As we speak there is a brand new expanded size Casey's being constructed right in the shadows of the Dakota Dome. That's right, it will be Vermillion's second Casey's.

Game changer .

Oh, and we ordered a couple of Casey's pizzas last night, one supreme, one sausage & pepperoni, and one sausage. Delivered. It was GLORIOUS.

Son of a bitch...

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2016, 12:19 PM

xhypedx

NDSU 38 CSU 17

BisonTru
July 30th, 2016, 12:22 PM

xhypedx

35-10

Twentysix
July 30th, 2016, 12:29 PM
49-17 they break two huge runs

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 30th, 2016, 12:55 PM
49-17 they break two huge runs

They run the option so this could happen with the long runs.

I think the Bison can name the score offensively. CSU's defense is undersized and more than likely will be gassed by the second half.

POD Knows
July 30th, 2016, 01:40 PM
31-7, CSU scores a defensive TD.

IBleedYellow
July 30th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Are we sure we can talk about NDSU here anymore?

Thumper 76
July 30th, 2016, 01:54 PM

AHHHH didn't get what you meant till I saw the deadspin article. WTF xlolx

BisonFan02
July 30th, 2016, 01:59 PM

100% chance this backfires NDSU in the future....PR mess in order to fix a problem I was unaware a FCS school could have.

TheKingpin28
July 30th, 2016, 02:14 PM

If I read the article(s) correctly, does this mean that Kolpack is out when it comes to Bison athletics with no more Bison Media Pregame and Previews? If so, that will be beyond disastrous for not only Bison fans but fans of the FCS in general. Kolpack and Izzo are the best 1-2 punch in the FCS media.

IBleedYellow
July 30th, 2016, 02:21 PM
If I read the article(s) correctly, does this mean that Kolpack is out when it comes to Bison athletics with no more Bison Media Pregame and Previews? If so, that will be beyond disastrous for not only Bison fans but fans of the FCS in general. Kolpack and Izzo are the best 1-2 punch in the FCS media.
Correct.

NDSU is making a statement against Forum Communications. The **** part is that Dom and Jeff are caught in the crossfire.

Apparently Forum Inc gave a laughable low bid for NDSU media rights.

PantherRob82
July 30th, 2016, 02:26 PM
AHHHH didn't get what you meant till I saw the deadspin article. WTF xlolx

Just read it. WOW. WTF indeed.